AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter mercato 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-13-2021, 10:14 PM)winstonwolfe Wrote: [ -> ]I do not see a problem when Ibra retires. Milan have a system and the results without Ibra on the field showed that we can play equally good when he is there. Of course, he always bring extra quality to the team and his teammates, but I think that period of Ibra-dependancy is more or less over.

I still believe we will go after Belotti, especially if Torino get relegated he probably will look to move on.

The other  I mentioned , assuming we stay the youth path, is Pellegri. At Monaco he has done well to recover from injuries after they took him from Genoa at 16/17. He has similar size and build to Scamacca.
No Meite yet?

Disappointing to lose Simakan, but with Gabbia coming back and hopefully Kalulu keeps growing, vice-Kessie and RW should be the main focus right now.
Mario isnt a bad option IMO, syrely, dont know hia fitness but he will be fine i think. Meite is close to join us, bur, lets wait until it gets officiality
I like this Mandzukic idea, not just because we'd have a sub for Ibra, but also because he's so experienced. This is a player who has won a lot of trophies and knows what it's all about, so for me it's a signal that the club thinks we have a realistic chance of winning the title, and they want to bring in a player who can help the younger ones keep their heads cool when the race really starts to heat up in the coming months.
Apparently Mandzukic very close to joining on a 1.5 year deal for 2.5-3m euros per season.
Dont like Mandzukuch links at all. Prefer Leao who is growing well into the CF role.

Also Ibra, Leao and Rebic all got COVID. So barring injuries, should be available the rest of the season if rotated properly. We need to focus on the RW as Samu is underwhelming and Saele is inconsistent offensively.
(01-13-2021, 10:55 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like we lost Simakan to RB Leipzig. Reports from France.

What's wrong with RB Leipizig recently? Are they just following us around and then swooping in and stealing our target?  Angry
(01-14-2021, 01:26 AM)ac.michael Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently Mandzukic very close to joining on a 1.5 year deal for 2.5-3m euros per season.

I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, this guy has a lot of experience, and is a big-game player. Wasn't he the only that had scored for two teams in the WC final?  Icon_lol2 Joking aside, I think a young team like us could benefit from having him, both on and off the pitch.

On the other hand, a player like him would be more helpful AFTER Ibrahimovic leaves us. Assuming that Ibra would stay for another season, the 1.5-year contract deal for Mandzukic would have fairly limited marginal benefit. Good to have him, absolutely. Worth 2.5-3m? I am not too sure. 

Ideally, Leao can grow and mature into a reliable player, but he may want to do that fast before the management sets their mind on another "big name" on the market, post Ibrahimovic.

Belotti would be good too, but I doubt he will come cheap.
(01-13-2021, 10:55 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like we lost Simakan to RB Leipzig. Reports from France.

Another one bites the dust
(01-14-2021, 04:46 AM)ACM2021 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, this guy has a lot of experience, and is a big-game player. Wasn't he the only that had scored for two teams in the WC final?  Icon_lol2 Joking aside, I think a young team like us could benefit from having him, both on and off the pitch.

On the other hand, a player like him would be more helpful AFTER Ibrahimovic leaves us. Assuming that Ibra would stay for another season, the 1.5-year contract deal for Mandzukic would have fairly limited marginal benefit. Good to have him, absolutely. Worth 2.5-3m? I am not too sure. 

Ideally, Leao can grow and mature into a reliable player, but he may want to do that fast before the management sets their mind on another "big name" on the market, post Ibrahimovic.

Belotti would be good too, but I doubt he will come cheap.

For me Belotti would have to come cheap, and by cheap I mean nowhere near the 100m Cairo previously wanted. Max I'd pay for Belotti is around 30-35m. I was totally sold on him for 60m range when he had that season but since then he definitely hasn't improved. That being said he's a good option to gamble on and a new challenge could bring back that previous superstar in him  Okmilan

On Mandzukic, he used to annoy me he was a bit of a dirty player whenever I watched him on rubentus. Don't know how I feel about the move, I won't criticize too much because if we do get him I'm forced to accept it haha