AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter mercato 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-15-2020, 09:48 AM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]Ibra has not won everything but he is a leader, give positive impact to his team mates. So is Kjaer. They both are leader in our team.

Milan would have to pay a lot of money for his salary. 

About mentality what I mean is his character, he is not true Leader like Ibra. He is not better than Barca player with regard of mentality or character. We are Milan, we have class, Ramos doesn't. That thing determine the different between Milan and most of the clubs.

But like you said, it is almost impossible Ramos plays for Milan. We should not debate about it.

I mostly just thought about it because I was bored with no Milan game's.
(10-14-2020, 10:46 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Sevilla interested in Thauvin but Milan leads the race. (Estadio Deportivo)

AC Milan sporting director Ricky Massara is keen on Roma's 18-year-old LB Calafiori who is struggling to reach an agreement over a renewal. (CorSport)

Thauvian should be quite the upgrade on the right. For free it's definitely worth trying to sign him.

Massara probably knows Calafiori so that helps perhaps...AND he is LB!
(10-15-2020, 08:57 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]He was ok at Nice wasn't he?  Oh well, as long as he doesn't set foot inside AC Milan ever again.

This is a hypothesis , 1% chance it would happen.

He was ok at Nice until toward the end of the season when he started his usual rubbish which was why they didn't keep him.

On Ramos... agreed. no way it happens. He'll likely sign for the retirement home... I mean Juve.

(10-15-2020, 09:48 AM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]He is not better than Barca player with regard of mentality or character. 

hmmmm. Barca players don't have a good mentality nor class. Just whiny weaklings that were spoiled relying on some amazing players to carry them. 

As for Ramos. Sure, he's an asshole, but he's a winner and he brings fight... Something we lack from a few of our players.
One of those players that every says in an asshole and they hate him... until he's their asshole then they love him.
(10-15-2020, 09:32 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]I mostly just thought about it because I was bored with no Milan game's.

Indeed. Especially when our play is getting better and we have many players we want to watch from them (Hauge, Dalot or even Diaz).
(10-15-2020, 09:34 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]Thauvian should be quite the upgrade on the right. For free it's definitely worth trying to sign him.

Massara probably knows Calafiori so that helps perhaps...AND he is LB!

Hopefully Maldini co. could convince Thauvian. I am not sure about the salary, should not be insane one I think. A lot more than our average wage probably but who knows if Thauvian wants to Milan, Maldini could adjust his salary to Milan'n new wage structure  Sagrin.

(10-15-2020, 11:01 PM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]He was ok at Nice until toward the end of the season when he started his usual rubbish which was why they didn't keep him.

On Ramos... agreed. no way it happens. He'll likely sign for the retirement home... I mean Juve.

hmmmm. Barca players don't have a good mentality nor class. Just whiny weaklings that were spoiled relying on some amazing players to carry them. 

As for Ramos. Sure, he's an asshole, but he's a winner and he brings fight... Something we lack from a few of our players.
One of those players that every says in an asshole and they hate him... until he's their asshole then they love him.

Maybe you are right but I still have doubt if that thing our young team need. Ibra is not  a nice player, there are probably a lot of people hate him but he is not like Ramos, it is just different.

I like players who brings fight but we have young team, but what most important our players need now (especially last season) is leaders, true examples to follow. Both Ibra and Kjaer IMO do have what our young team really need. It is more possible that Ramos influence our players especially (bad and good effects) and not the other way around. It is not like we had Van Bommel. I hated him before joining Milan. He was a beast, a fighter but pretty played dirty games. However, in Milan he showed his fighting sprit with class. Still showed his strong character but it was more like Gattuso, bad guy but with class. I do think, our leaders like Maldini, Costacurta etc did give their influence to how Bommel played with Milan.
(10-16-2020, 01:01 AM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]I like players who brings fight but we have young team, but what most important our players need now (especially last season) is leaders, true examples to follow. Both Ibra and Kjaer IMO do have what our young team really need. It is more possible that Ramos influence our players especially (bad and good effects) and not the other way around. It is not like we had Van Bommel. I hated him before joining Milan. He was a beast, a fighter but pretty played dirty games. However, in Milan he showed his fighting sprit with class. Still showed his strong character but it was more like Gattuso, bad guy but with class. I do think, our leaders like Maldini, Costacurta etc did give their influence to how Bommel played with Milan.

Touched on it there... IMO I'm not sure Ramos is the issue but rather Real is a toxic club. doesn't bring the best out of players. 
Look at Ramos for Spain as an example... not the same "character" 

That being said. he won't come to us anyway. lol. 
But I do think it would be a great pick up but not the priority. Would rather see us pick up a "big" CM instead. 
Plus, we'll need to be looking at Strikers for Life post Ibra.
While I don't want Ramos to join us (if we wanted a short-term solution to CB, we should've gotten Thiago Silva last summer), but I do think every great team needs one of those assholes that the opposing players love to hate. It brings the fight mentality into your team. I do respect Ramos' abilities, but I don't think we particularly need nor want him.

I'm really hoping Thauvin will come next summer. This winter if it's really cheap (say less than 5M), we should definitely think about it, especially if Castillejo continues to underperform.

On the sell side, I read that Valencia is interested in Musacchio and they might try to get him to move during the winter market. However, last time there were also reports that they didn't have any money to spend in the summer mercato. But, getting rid of Musacchio (even for a very minimal fee) means surely we will get another CB?
(10-16-2020, 04:13 AM)bop Wrote: [ -> ]While I don't want Ramos to join us (if we wanted a short-term solution to CB, we should've gotten Thiago Silva last summer), but I do think every great team needs one of those assholes that the opposing players love to hate. It brings the fight mentality into your team. I do respect Ramos' abilities, but I don't think we particularly need nor want him.

I'm really hoping Thauvin will come next summer. This winter if it's really cheap (say less than 5M), we should definitely think about it, especially if Castillejo continues to underperform.

On the sell side, I read that Valencia is interested in Musacchio and they might try to get him to move during the winter market. However, last time there were also reports that they didn't have any money to spend in the summer mercato. But, getting rid of Musacchio (even for a very minimal fee) means surely we will get another CB?

WE could send them Duarte and then pay 10m to get him in Winter  Devilol Devilol

We could propose a swap but the only decent players they have;

Guedes - we don't need another LW as well as them likely not willing to let him go unless it's for money
Gaya - we don't need a starting LB
Racic looks decent but is he any better than what we already have?
I assume if Thauvin was being offered for 15M in the summer, it should be less than half of that in the winter. Unless there are other clubs who are willing to pay to get him immediately, I think we should play a little hard ball with the offer.
(10-16-2020, 06:24 AM)bop Wrote: [ -> ]I assume if Thauvin was being offered for 15M in the summer, it should be less than half of that in the winter. Unless there are other clubs who are willing to pay to get him immediately, I think we should play a little hard ball with the offer.

5m... or 10m Plus Duarte  Grinundwech
If Thauvin somehow doesn't end up in Milan, I will like to have Berardi as his alternative, swap him down him Samu if possible. He is more prolifiric than Chiesa but Thauvin should be the preference.