AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter mercato 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maldini's strategy this transfer campaign would be getting players who are good at 1 v 1, be it a CB who is good at defending kr a RW who is good at getting past the opponent
Honestly I'd prioritize a Left Winger who is good at getting past opponents.. Saelemakers is more than just a rotational player iMO. He's underrated and deserves to start, he's quality. Amazing first touch and very effective on and off the ball.
I think we have players that are very good 1v1 on that left hand side. Leao is brilliant in isolated 1v1 situations. Rebic is a different player, but his speed allows him to be dangerous in those situations also. Hauge being another one. We haven't quite seen that in Milan yet, but I think it's mainly confidence and still fining his feet, not wanting to make mistakes and lose the ball. But he showed in that game against us that he is very good at taking players on...just ask Calabria.

I think we need that on the right side. We have Saelemaekers who's an industrial player. Does a great job like you said. Can take players on now and then, but it's not his bread and butter. I think we need to replace Samu and add 1 more player (in addition to Saele) for that right hand side. Preferably that player will be, like you said, great 1v1 with pace and speed. Not saying this makes Alexis a sub or rotational player...but simply we'd have more options.

Also.....with Hakan seemingly on the way out, we can invest in this area. Again, a player that's good 1v1 is preferable.

A player that I'm interested to see develop is Diaz. I know we don't own him, but we very well could by the end of the year. We'll see what happens. But he shows these flashes of incredible ball control and ability to take players on in tight spaces. He just needs to learn not to overdo it and choose his moments (when to dribble, when to stop and combine with players, etc).
For CAM. Pedro Goncalves of Sporting CP would be a good alternative for Szobasali. He is having a heck of a great season and has been dubbed as next Bruno Fernandes. Porcho might give more input about him.
(11-29-2020, 06:35 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]For CAM. Pedro Goncalves of Sporting CP would be a good alternative for Szobasali. He is having a heck of a great season and has been dubbed as next Bruno Fernandes. Porcho might give more input about him.

Pedro Goncalves would make a great CAM for us, the guys destroying it at Sporting so far this season. The only issue becomes $$$. The way he's playing he'll be wanted by many end of season and I doubt the club will let him go in Jan. not with the team playing the way it is.
I don't like Szobasali from what I've seen... Reminds me of a Perisic or Candreva type of player.

Does anybody have more info on this player who actually watches him often?
Real Madrid winger Lucas Vazquez has chosen to join AC Milan once his contract expires next June. (Don Balon)    Better than Samu but not much of improvement, can also play as RB I think

AC Milan sporting director Ricky Massara has confirmed the club’s desire to talk to Real Madrid about keeping Brahim Diaz beyond next summer. (DAZN) NO average talent

Rubentus dogs have opened talks over the signing of Hellas Verona centre-back Matteo Lovato. (CM)  Another Italain talent soon to be destroyed by Rube dogs
(11-30-2020, 09:28 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Real Madrid winger Lucas Vazquez has chosen to join AC Milan once his contract expires next June. (Don Balon)    Better than Samu but not much of improvement, can also play as RB I think

AC Milan sporting director Ricky Massara has confirmed the club’s desire to talk to Real Madrid about keeping Brahim Diaz beyond next summer. (DAZN) NO average talent

Rubentus dogs have opened talks over the signing of Hellas Verona centre-back Matteo Lovato. (CM)  Another Italain talent soon to be destroyed by Rube dogs

he is already destroyed by Leao  Sagrin
(11-30-2020, 04:14 PM)Rosson3r Wrote: [ -> ]he is already destroyed by Leao  Sagrin

Icon_lol2  Yup. Leao sure did torment Lovato a couple weeks ago.
Problem with Diaz is that he is new to the league and won’t get calls. He is small but a lot of those tackles yesterday could have been fouls if it were Hakan or Rebic. Diaz does pretty well to move the ball but is best when he takes players on. I think he would shine against really defensive teams who are compact. He opens space then fills them pretty well (look back at the Saele opening PK).

With links for right wing appearing to be for the summer, I guess we are accepting Saele and Samu for the rest of the year. I’m really hoping management finds a vice Ibra. Not sure who is out there now, but we need to spend big here for the best player possible. Not just for goals but also experience/mentality. I’m honestly not sure how we manage to score when he is not out there. We looked a bit disjointed against Fiorentina yesterday which is startling considering their league position and run if form. Similarly against Lille as we lack that focal point.