AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter mercato 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-01-2021, 10:54 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Meite €500k loan, option to buy €8million+1.5million bonuses
Tomori loan with €28million option
Mandzukic free, relative low salary, 6 months possible extension to 18

Duarte 18 months loan Istanbul Basaksehir
Musacchio low fee Lazio
Conti loan to Parma, becomes €7million obligation if Parma stay in Serie A (currently 19th and have not won since November, so it is far certain I guess)
Colombo, dry loan Cremonese

Rate it from 0 to 10

Another underwhelming Mercato

Meite is waste, but of course it has cost us just pennies

Not happy with sales and definitely not of Musacchio.
Tomori looks a good player.
(02-02-2021, 03:41 AM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Not high but he is decent. Enough for Lazio to get him and start him. I’m happy he is gone but I just don’t understand this move to a direct CL rival.

I think it is sign from management that we want to increase our quality in every department.

I agree Musacchio is decent and he could be useful for Lazio but I don't think we should be worried. Lazio could find other CB who has similar quality with Musa or even better. In addition, Musa would not be a player we would regret, he is already 30 years old and would not improve much. We also need to consider that we only have limited time to offload the player since one player was going to come (the Chelsea CB). So, IMO it is still a good move from Maldini co. Not the perfect one but can't be said a bad decision.
(02-02-2021, 04:00 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]Lazio are starting him because of lack of options. And I don't see Lazio as a direct Rival. They're a Europa league club. Nothing more. Don't let a good season or two fool you.

Yeah, reading your comments make me remember the fact that similar like you said, Lazio actually 'don't trust him'. He only get six months contract. Really bad. It is like Musa was a free transfer player who had no club for months LOL.
Simakan will move to RBL for a fee higher than 15m. Why the f did we not do this deal if it cost that much?

Just read that we signed a LB. 17-yo Milos Kerkez. Looks good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxomNcPV...e=youtu.be
(02-02-2021, 05:13 AM)bop Wrote: [ -> ]Simakan will move to RBL for a fee higher than 15m. Why the f did we not do this deal if it cost that much?

He was (is) injured. I suppose he was our first priority but he was injured. 

I'd love to see him play with us even Tomori turns to be a beast. Simakan seems a great prospect for CB.
I'm not sure why people keep talking about Simakan? For whatever reason we didn't sign him. Maybe in the future maybe not. He could be a star or an overrated youngster.
We have Gabbia, Kululu and Tomori (who I believe we will redeem) , Bellodi on loan and Michelis in primavera is supposed to be talented.

As for Kerkez, he was playing division 2 in the Hungarian league. He seriously won't be Theo's backup. Surely he is a Primavera addition.
I did see Juve and Atletico Madrid where some clubs interested in him so he has talent. It's hard to believe he will be in the senior squad.
I think under the circumstances, Maldini and his team did a great job.

We needed another option in the midfield, so we got Meite. It makes up the numbers i guess, and there definitely was a need...but he seems terrible so far. Not even better then Krunic. BUT, he was cheap and I really don't know if there was a possibility to sign a different player for that money right now. I doubt he'll play much now that we have everyone in the midfield available. So no way we'll sign him permanently. Meite will essentially be 4th-5th option. That's fine with me.

We needed a CF. Mandzukic is a seasoned player that's actually able to help anywhere across the front line. It was cheap, low risk. You could argue that we should have invested here and already start planning doe the post-Ibra...but it's January. The availability of players out there was very scarce. Again, under the circumstances, this is a transfer that's likely to have more of an immediate impact then a younger player.

Tomori....it was definitely an opportunity and probably 2nd/3rd choice after Simakan. We looked set to buy Simakan, but that injury seems to have stopped the transfer. Maldini did good to out an option for Tomori, so we'll see what he turns out to be. But Chelsea fans rate him highly, and from the first few games, I can see why.

It's hard to give the market a score. Bit I definitely think we did the best out of all the top teams in Italy.
(02-02-2021, 05:13 AM)bop Wrote: [ -> ]Simakan will move to RBL for a fee higher than 15m. Why the f did we not do this deal if it cost that much?

yeah he does look good. confident getting forward!

cheers for the link. Okmilan
Should check out Noah Mbamba at Brugge after missing on Simakan or if Tomori doesnt work out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBTPBDv2Eww&t
Good to see our cousin club Lille tops Ligue 1. There can be a few players exchange that can benefit both clubs. Balancing the book can get easier. FFP and referees are two staggers still in our heart, stabbed from platini.