AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 11'/12'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The thing with Ganso is that he had two knee injuries on both knees since those serious rumor.
This is interesting, this is a list of the 20 most valuable Brazilians playing in Brasil.
http://globoesporte.globo.com/platb/olha...no-brasil/
Wow... the silly season virus is in the air, and infections are at an all time high!
(12-01-2011, 07:08 AM)Pato Milan Wrote: [ -> ]This is interesting, this is a list of the 20 most valuable Brazilians playing in Brasil.
http://globoesporte.globo.com/platb/olha...no-brasil/

LOL at the prices. Neymar is NOT worth 50m euro in this universe. At most, he is worth what we paid for Pato 5 years ago.
(12-01-2011, 02:04 PM)fLame Wrote: [ -> ]LOL at the prices. Neymar is NOT worth 50m euro in this universe. At most, he is worth what we paid for Pato 5 years ago.

From a purely footballing standpoint, I think he'd be worth around what we paid for Pato, maybe a little more as he's been playing at the top for a while.

However, the reality is hype and media raise his value. He's the media darling in Brazil and has gotten a ton of hype around the world now, most recently with his World Player of the Year nomination. Also, the fact that he has been around in Brazil for a while works in his favour, as he has had time to raise his profile, unlike Pato who had barely played professionally when we signed him.

Don't get me wrong, Neymar's a sensation and a talent that is brilliant, but his value is due to his media profile.
Hype and the fact that people will be buying for his potential. Wait till a few more yrs when he is 24 and he will be gone for 15 mil. I not think Neymar suits Milan style of play, he is more a Barca type forwards. I rate Sanchez on the same level as Neymar.
Ugh... Barca... the kings of overpriced unnecessary transfers. Big Grin

Paid 40m for Cesc - while they don't really need him. And while he is doing ok, he is a different player to Iniesta and Xavi and can't replace them directly (the reason why they pruchased him).
Paid 30 or 40m? for Sanchez who flopped. Big Grin Sanchez didn't show anything in this Barca team. And the more I see him playing for Barca, the more I think he doesn't suit their style of play. They want him to be a puzzle piece in their passing / attacking unit, while Sanchez is always trying to be more direct in his play.
They there's Refinha - has this guy even seen a single minute of official match playing?

... And don't even remind me about the epic fails with Chygyrynskiy and Ibra transfers. Big Grin
Neymar is not worth 50m, because no one is... but Neymar is definitely worth more than any striker in the world today besides Messi and Cristiano. If I were in Galliani's shoes - I would give the OK to shell out 35m for Neymar because I know he is that good.
I would not call Sanchez a flop bc he was pretty much with injury for months, at least wait till he plays more.
Ibra was not a flop for Barca, as he did won league title and CL semi with Barca, on top of about 20goals. I think he accomplished more with Barca than Milan last yr.
Chugyrynskiy was just a dumb purchase, plain and simple.
Sanchez just scored a brace this week as well. I think he's more like a Pedro. He won't be extremely flashy or anything..but he'll get goals and assists on the board for them. As for Cesc, he's somewhere inbetween Xavi and Iniesta and thus could play either role. That comes in handy when Iniesta is out injured..which happens every so often.

Anyway this is Milan's transfer market..not Barcelona. If and ONLY if we sell Pato, do I agree we should go for Neymar. Otherwise I think we're fine for strikers as we are. Midfield is where or attention should be focused. I haven't seen Mexes play too many games for us yet so I can't say whether a Mexes - TS partnership would be as good as a Nesta - TS partnership. If Mexes sucks though, we'll probably have to go CB shopping next year or year after.