AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 11'/12'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have very mixed feeling towards Pato. He is so young and so promising, but I don't think he has proven anything yet. The Scudetto last season wasn't really his work, to be honest; and he has only scored 3 CL goals in his career. That's by no means a great statistic. If he keeps getting himself injured over nothing, I would certainly sell him to the highest bidder (but then again, who will buy him then?) whenever there is a chance.
(09-22-2011, 11:14 AM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]I think some fans dramatize the injuries Milan have. Milan do have injuries but they still have players who can compete with the starters and are better than other team have. We lost Ibra and Robinho but we have Pato and Cassano. Both are proven in Serie A. In midfield, only DMs are injured, one was starter (Gattuso), others are backups (Ambrosini and Flamini). The injury in defense should not give big problem for Milan since the team are same like year, only missing Taiwo. What could be a big missing is probably Boateng but we have Aquilani, who was not here last year and Merkel needed to play there.

Seedorf is still starter. I can't imagine he has a bench role since he is the only one the creative midfielder and player who does ball possession well we have.

What were lacking is the hungry, the spirit and the motivation like last year. Seedorf is not the Seedorf we saw in last games of Serie A. Bommel has similar problem. Pato is still lazy to help the defense (to press the opponent when they got ball), Bommel even yelled to Pato to go press the opponent in the game vs Napoli.

We should not only think the players we are missing but also the players we have, the quality of the players right now. It is a joke if a draw is a good thing against what? Udinese in San Siro? The club who missed many players and SHOULD ACTUALLY need more time to be able to give their best?

The players mostly didn't give their best even Abbiati made a unbelievable 'save' to make thing worse. Allegri is first to be blamed since he is the first one who is responsible to keep the motivation of the team, the hunger of glory of the team. The next one we all know, Galliani who just let Pirlo go and force Seedorf to play every game!

Milan with players right now should be MUCH BETTER than right now. What we have been achieving until now in Serie A is a joke!

There is an interesting article on TMW, a comparison with other clubs to try to explain our bad results ...

The journalist asks the following question: what would happen to Inter if Pazzini, Forlan and Sneijder were to be injured at the same time ? What would happen to Napoli if Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik were to be injured at the same time ? What would happen to Juventus if Vucinic, Matri and Del Piero were to be injured at the same time ?

Well, all these teams would struggle to score any goal and win some points ... Like us with Ibra, Robinho (and now Pato) and Boateng missing for injuries.
(09-23-2011, 12:56 AM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2011, 11:14 AM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]I think some fans dramatize the injuries Milan have. Milan do have injuries but they still have players who can compete with the starters and are better than other team have. We lost Ibra and Robinho but we have Pato and Cassano. Both are proven in Serie A. In midfield, only DMs are injured, one was starter (Gattuso), others are backups (Ambrosini and Flamini). The injury in defense should not give big problem for Milan since the team are same like year, only missing Taiwo. What could be a big missing is probably Boateng but we have Aquilani, who was not here last year and Merkel needed to play there.

Seedorf is still starter. I can't imagine he has a bench role since he is the only one the creative midfielder and player who does ball possession well we have.

What were lacking is the hungry, the spirit and the motivation like last year. Seedorf is not the Seedorf we saw in last games of Serie A. Bommel has similar problem. Pato is still lazy to help the defense (to press the opponent when they got ball), Bommel even yelled to Pato to go press the opponent in the game vs Napoli.

We should not only think the players we are missing but also the players we have, the quality of the players right now. It is a joke if a draw is a good thing against what? Udinese in San Siro? The club who missed many players and SHOULD ACTUALLY need more time to be able to give their best?

The players mostly didn't give their best even Abbiati made a unbelievable 'save' to make thing worse. Allegri is first to be blamed since he is the first one who is responsible to keep the motivation of the team, the hunger of glory of the team. The next one we all know, Galliani who just let Pirlo go and force Seedorf to play every game!

Milan with players right now should be MUCH BETTER than right now. What we have been achieving until now in Serie A is a joke!

There is an interesting article on TMW, a comparison with other clubs to try to explain our bad results ...

The journalist asks the following question: what would happen to Inter if Pazzini, Forlan and Sneijder were to be injured at the same time ? What would happen to Napoli if Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik were to be injured at the same time ? What would happen to Juventus if Vucinic, Matri and Del Piero were to be injured at the same time ?

Well, all these teams would struggle to score any goal and win some points ... Like us with Ibra, Robinho (and now Pato) and Boateng missing for injuries.

Do they have super backups like us? Which team in Italy have a backup of Pato and Cassano caliber?

Boateng could be the one who we really miss since we got a player who is new, and supposedly talented (but never proved he is talented). In striker's case, Pato and Cassano have been in Milan since last season.

Like I said, people concern more about what we are missing, not what we have now (the quality of the players). It is not like we miss a Zidane quality and then we only have a sub like Brocchi's quality (sorry Brocchi, I don't intend to disrespect your quality Big Grin).
Ive seen nothing for 2 weeks except the Barca game , was on holidays.Is it as bad in reality as looks on paper.I recorded the games will watch 2moro , but not a good start.Figured i'd get an answer here faster.
I am kinda upset that el Shaarawy is excluded from CL list; it is now almost ridiculous that we only have one attacker in Cassano that is eligible for the CL game next Tuesday (or is it Wednesday).
(09-23-2011, 03:44 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I am kinda upset that el Shaarawy is excluded from CL list; it is now almost ridiculous that we only have one attacker in Cassano that is eligible for the CL game next Tuesday (or is it Wednesday).

And Pippo, remember? But then, who ever thought that Ibra, Binho, and Pato would be injured almost simultaneously? Pato's case is difficult to defend but the first two are not known for their lack of fitness. So I guess Allegri had to gamble and he lost it.
If no players recover by Wednesday, we will play with Cassano as our loan striker. Even against a weak Eastern-European opponent, points are not guaranteed. I was hesitant to say it but we are now officially in an injury crisis. Probably worse than after Dubai (January) of this year (last season).

At this point our best 11 are:

--------------------------Ibrahimovic---------------------------
--------------Robinho-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------Prince----------------------------------
----------Aquilani-------------------Gattuso/Nocerino-------
--------------------------MVB-----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
LB??------------------------------------------------------Abate
-----------------T.Silva---------Nesta--------------------------
--------------------------Abbiati--------------------------------

I can't say Taiwo because he has not played a minute, but we have our 3 starting players in attack as well as a LB out. We have no replacements for our midfield, and we have Aquilani playing ACM (out of position) due to Prince's absent.

I'm not crazy about our midfield to start but our strongest 11 is well stronger than our current choices. We need to be easy on our team right now during this rough patch, but also tough on MilanLab & also Milan Management. I believe letting go Strasser & Merkel was a mistake, and was B&G being cheap with wages. Furthermore, I think we're still lacking a star midfielder in our 3-man midfield.

Let's judge further when we're at full strength as having 8 or 9 out is just an insane idea that is currently reality.....
(09-22-2011, 11:02 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I have very mixed feeling towards Pato. He is so young and so promising, but I don't think he has proven anything yet. The Scudetto last season wasn't really his work, to be honest; and he has only scored 3 CL goals in his career. That's by no means a great statistic. If he keeps getting himself injured over nothing, I would certainly sell him to the highest bidder (but then again, who will buy him then?) whenever there is a chance.

I have to disagree that the scudetto wasn't his work. Before I continue, I want to say there were a number of key players to last year's scudetto win, and for me Pato is one of those. Most notably, Pato was the star contributor in the two biggest games last season, where we beat Napoli and Inter both 3-0. Those wins were arguably the most important for our season.
(09-23-2011, 11:35 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to disagree that the scudetto wasn't his work. Before I continue, I want to say there were a number of key players to last year's scudetto win, and for me Pato is one of those. Most notably, Pato was the star contributor in the two biggest games last season, where we beat Napoli and Inter both 3-0. Those wins were arguably the most important for our season.

^ This + Galliani's words:
Quote:"This is no longer about luck or bad luck. I have called a meeting between head coach [Massimiliano] Allegri, the fitness coaches and the medical staff to try to understand why a player who in 2008 and 2009 never had any problems, has now broken down for the umpteenth time with a muscular injury,"
(09-23-2011, 11:35 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2011, 11:02 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I have very mixed feeling towards Pato. He is so young and so promising, but I don't think he has proven anything yet. The Scudetto last season wasn't really his work, to be honest; and he has only scored 3 CL goals in his career. That's by no means a great statistic. If he keeps getting himself injured over nothing, I would certainly sell him to the highest bidder (but then again, who will buy him then?) whenever there is a chance.

I have to disagree that the scudetto wasn't his work. Before I continue, I want to say there were a number of key players to last year's scudetto win, and for me Pato is one of those. Most notably, Pato was the star contributor in the two biggest games last season, where we beat Napoli and Inter both 3-0. Those wins were arguably the most important for our season.
True!!