AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Venting, sell the club, etc. thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If better alternatives existed they would have come forward and we would eventually know.
Milan's future is not one with 10 options and we are sad because this Chinese may be only 7th best. It is this or Berlusconi. It is pointless to dream of anything other than this group (or similar with a couple of different people perhaps) or Berlusconi.
(08-05-2016, 11:57 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]If better alternatives existed they would have come forward and we would eventually know.
Milan's future is not one with 10 options and we are sad because this Chinese may be only 7th best. It is this or Berlusconi. It is pointless to dream of anything other than this group (or similar with a couple of different people perhaps) or Berlusconi.

I am not talking about any other group come in or anything, just stating that not everything is rosey with this consortium. Looking at the whole thing, I just don't see this consortium pulling a PSG or Chelsea and spend like there is no tomorrow year after year. To me, it's always important to understand the strength and weaknesses of a company and create business plans to tailor around that. We can try and copy the Man City blueprint, but we will probably fall on our face because our ownership is different from theirs. These guys certainly are better than Berlu in the last few years, but we just need to temper our enthusiasm, they are not flawless and we would be wise to realize that.
That's what I mean too, we will have to accept flawed, we have no choice. Man City or PSG type is not happening, if it it does it will be max two summers.
We won't know what to expect for a while. I just have my fingers crossed that their plan is to stay for a long time. I had read somewhere that Chinese have some sort of a plan to become a footballing power in 20 odd years I think or was it 2050? Then you also have Chinese clubs spending so much money on star players and as a result, they are pretty much on par with MLS now. These for me are encouraging sign, along with the fact that Football seems pretty big there.

Besides would Berlusconi really want to hand the club off to some hanky panky owners? I don't think he would do that. Yet like most of you, I am in the boat of uncertainty. I am just trying to stay positive about this.
Xu, they won't fail to come up with the money. Yes, you are worrying too much. Big Grin One of the group like I said earlier is the largest state owned investment fund in China. They had a Net Income of 2.2 billion Euro last year. I'm sure theyes have 100mil budgeted for acquisitions, seeing as they clearly have over 700mil to close the deal anyway.

Anyway, about us being PSG or City, I also don't think that will happen but I see that as a good thing. We clearly need a cash injection in the first couple of years and if we believe what we are told, that will come in in the former of 350mil in the first 3-4 years. That's a huge amount of money. That's PSG/City money. After that, we don't need to spend huge anymore. A simple 50mil market would do every summer to maintain the level of the quality, and a club the size of Milan should be able to do that.

We hopefully also have our own stadium and a bunch of good commercial deals in China by than so self-sustainability will most probably be possible....especially if we can bring our revenue to 350mil or so. We just need smart management and I'm hoping that the Chinese bring exactly that rather than just moneyet.
Yes, smart management would be a must. Imagine we held on to Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva. For the least, I suppose we would be playing in CL every season. Such atrocious mismanagement. Angry
For a group with net income as huge as theirs, I think every single investement to be executed will be well studied beforehands, therefore Im trying to be positive that these guys have done so and should already have a steady business plan to make this club a successful invesment. It has to self sustain in 3-4years time hopefully , own stadium is a must too Smile
anyway, I heard that the new buyer is going to make their first official statement tomorrow. I am curious to see if a new stadium is on the agenda. Smile
(08-06-2016, 04:03 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]For a group with net income as huge as theirs, I think every single investement to be executed will be well studied beforehands, therefore Im trying to be positive that these guys have done so and should already have a steady business plan to make this club a successful invesment. It has to self sustain in 3-4years time hopefully , own stadium is a must too Smile

On the official site they write that Rothchild and Co. are financial consultants for the deal. Those are the fakn heavyweights man, their involvement mean that there must be something positive on the business side of all this...
No official announcement yet from the group?