AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Venting, sell the club, etc. thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I share your concerns. I am Chinese myself, so I have a very hard time to believe that Xi would be in a position to buy Milan, for himself or on behalf of the government/nation. Maybe the initial rumor was that the interest was shown by some big Chinese companies that have connections with the central government, and later everyone wants to make the rumor a little bit juicier (Chinese companies --> Chinese companies with government connections --> Chinese companies with Xi connections --> Xi). Icon_lol2

At the end of summer, probably nothing will happen still.
(05-13-2015, 03:21 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I share your concerns. I am Chinese myself, so I have a very hard time to believe that Xi would be in a position to buy Milan, for himself or on behalf of the government/nation. Maybe the initial rumor was that the interest was shown by some big Chinese companies that have connections with the central government, and later everyone wants to make the rumor a little bit juicier (Chinese companies --> Chinese companies with government connections --> Chinese companies with Xi connections --> Xi). Icon_lol2

At the end of summer, probably nothing will happen still.

By the end summer, we'll have more useless players in our squad. That will happen probably.
Berlusconi in today's Gazzetta:

--This is why I am selling a bit of Milan... he will explain why
--He confirms that he is negotiating with Xi Jinping...for those who don't know him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi_Jinping

--Xi Jinping wants Berlusconi to stay
(05-16-2015, 04:21 AM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: [ -> ]Berlusconi in today's Gazzetta:

--This is why I am selling a bit of Milan... he will explain why
--He confirms that he is negotiating with Xi Jinping...for those who don't know him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi_Jinping

--Xi Jinping wants Berlusconi to stay

Didn't he also say that he has no need or intention to sell Milan but it's his duty to get more resources for the team. A part of me is afraid that he's just doing all this in the build up to the elections and once that is done, it will be back to Grazie Presidente, Berlusconi Resta.
Resources means what though? Sponsor money won't do any thing for the team otherwise Milan would be well off already. So it goes to percentage ownership which brings us to:

Those who may want to invest in the team, what is the point of 30% or something? The team is not making money for them to get something back from the 30%. If I am a potential owner I would want control (over 50% to try to fix the team myself and reap the rewards my way) or 0% (just forget it). I really don't see the point of minority ownership on a money losing deal ala Milan, short to medium there is zero chance on return on investment.
So no change really? We may be able to sign a player for €5 million rather than having one for free...

http://football-italia.net/66569/berlusc...grip-milan
(05-16-2015, 08:09 AM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Resources means what though? Sponsor money won't do any thing for the team otherwise Milan would be well off already. So it goes to percentage ownership which brings us to:

Those who may want to invest in the team, what is the point of 30% or something? The team is not making money for them to get something back from the 30%. If I am a potential owner I would want control (over 50% to try to fix the team myself and reap the rewards my way) or 0% (just forget it). I really don't see the point of minority ownership on a money losing deal ala Milan, short to medium there is zero chance on return on investment.

I agree. Most businessmen would laugh at Berlusconi's so-called "plan". Berlusconi probably thinks everyone else is stupid. Angry

(05-17-2015, 12:19 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]So no change really? We may be able to sign a player for €5 million rather than having one for free...

http://football-italia.net/66569/berlusc...grip-milan

€5 million would probably go to wage section not transfer fee. Sagrin
I had a listen and generally agree. I wonder if these guys frequent here on MM, just little things I picked up on which we've talked about on the forum before (e.g. Giancarlo calling Galliani a pigeon).

I also found it pretty hilarious that they started out in the podcast really angry and passionate about the situation and by the end it was pretty much "meh, don't have a clue what's going on". Big Grin
I see Berlu talking all summer about buyers , but nothing happens.Then saying there wasnt enough time to concentrate on the mercato or find a new coach
Pippo stays low cost signings if any cost at all.Menez maybe Honda sold.