AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Venting, sell the club, etc. thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Roma, Inter face FFP sanctions?

http://www.football-italia.net/66030/rom...-sanctions

This is what I was concerned. New owners might not be able to invest in new players at all, without increasing 'normal' revenues first. Once you sell your top players (Ibra, Silva...) and if you don't buy new players immediately, you are screwed.
(05-04-2015, 06:07 PM)maharaja Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I was concerned. New owners might not be able to invest in new players at all, without increasing 'normal' revenues first. Once you sell your top players (Ibra, Silva...) and if you don't buy new players immediately, you are screwed.

Yeah FFP is a concern. However, we really have no choice but to break the rules. Either that, or we're not getting out of the problems we're currently in. It's a classic case of needing to invest money in order to make money.
I don't know what UEFA would do, but I doubt they'd go as far as to give us a transfer ban or kick us out of Europe, especially considering how they've treated clubs like PSG and Man City.

Also, at this point everyone can see that FFP is seriously flawed, as it favors the clubs that were the richest at the time when the rules came into play. The intentions behind FFP are good, but adjustments need to be made. A little while ago even Bayern Munich argued that the current rules are making it difficult for big clubs like Milan and Inter to get back on their feet, and they're absolutely right.

I do think that Berlu and Bee will be planning for this though. There was some talk about getting players for free through Doyen for two years, etc.
Doyens list of players isnt very impressive.Falcao Mangala Kondogbia keep being mentioned, but they are not Doyen owned anymore.They are on the website but shouldnt be.
Most interesting players are Felipe Anderson Brahimi who are not fully owned by Dpyen so wed still have to deal with Porto and Lazio.
So I'll be honest, I'm not sure where we stand with the sale. Berlu selling? To whom? How much of the team? I am pretty sure it is Bee and should that be the case this article is an interesting discussion of the stipulations of that contract to be fully determined in the coming weeks: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/05/...-revealed/?

If the article above is true, we should expect a fast rise. I don't know how an investment would play out with FFP, but maybe the purchase of the team can in part pay down debt and allow us money to spend without overstepping the FFP rules? The sale could act as a profit for the new year to allow us to purchase players with it?
Doesn't really matter if FFP slows the comeback, if there is an indication or plan that Milan will be back I will take that personally.
(Also FFP is about UEFA competitions, doesn't 100% or directly affect NEXT season)
(05-05-2015, 01:28 AM)reza Wrote: [ -> ](Also FFP is about UEFA competitions, doesn't 100% or directly affect NEXT season)

That's definitely true.

Galliani and Nelio Lucas had another meeting about the market at Casa Milan today, according to Sky. And after landing in Bangkok, Bee apparently said that once the deal is finalized, everyone will roll up their sleeves and start working on improving the team. Nobody's wanted to comment on the €100 million rumors either, which I interpret as a good sign, because if it was pure fantasy, someone would have denied it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the players will be signed to Doyen and then loaned to Milan, so that the club can avoid severely breaking the FFP regulations. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
UEFA reviews accounts of the past three years...so yes, we would be affected next year or the year after that anyhow. But there is also something in there that it is a huge plus if you lower your debt...and we will obviously be lowering our debt. Not sure about details though.

In any case, I'm very interested to learn more about what Honsano said. Does selling part of the club mean that this money (500mil for example) will be counted as a profit for that fiscal year? After all, the club will have made an X amount of millions of euros by selling something. In this case, some shares. Just like selling a player. Correct? Or am I looking at this the wrong way?
Rumours are (mainly Gazetta) that the Chinese will look to buy 30% stake in the club at first, then buy more over coming years to take majority share. Personally, I would be pretty shocked if at this point the club isn't sold the Bee, mostly because I don't think Silvio would have faced the public with him on Saturday unless things were all but done.

Regarding the sale of the club and FFP, I doubt very much the sale itself would cover debt in UEFA's regulations. I say that partly because until now the figures of the sale have always been noted as the value of the club with debt on top, rather than all inclusive (note that both Bee and the Chinese apparently reduced their offer after examining the accounts and seeing the debt).

The other reason I don't think this would work in the same way as selling a player is because of ownership. When a club sells a player and increases revenue, it's because they have ownership of the player. In this case, the club doesn't have ownership of itself, so they can't sell themselves and say it's an increase of revenue (only those in the world's oldest industry can claim that Big Grin ).

However, going back to my original point about the valuation of the club not counting the sale fee as part of the debt, there are ways around FFP to cover those debts. I expect this will be done via some "creative" sponsorship deals, as well as possibly seeing partnerships being created as part of the sale. For example, Doyen's involvement is extremely dodgy as has been pointed out many times, and on top of that there have been rumours there will be numerous free players coming to Milan as part of this deal, which is surely in view of FFP. On top of that, one of the approaches I wouldn't be surprised to see is a partnership/ownership of a foreign, non-UEFA regulated club, which can act as a feeder with loan or cut price deals (e.g. Lampard to Man City). There's been a LOT of talk of targeting the Chinese market, would it be surprising to see some sort of partnership with a Chinese club?

Whoever takes over Milan will surely employ a highly aggressive approach to getting new sponsorship deals for the club, which is invaluable in modern football. It's something Barbara has started in the past year and again, going back to the United example, it's a model they've employed to achieve their targets.

I wonder if FFP will last anyway. Not to dilute the discussion about the sale, but right now all I see is FFP continuing rapid inflation at the upper end of the market, with the lower end now struggling to continue, with little to no chance of growing. I supported FFP, but am of the impression I was totally wrong about its benefits and cost.
An offer via China - with government ties - is being given to Berlusconi, but it is not Mr.Lee.
Mr.Lee who was rumoured to be bidding earlier in the process has never really done so, his name was used to pressure Bee only.

Sounds just like transfer window and Mr.X stuff Sagrin
(05-05-2015, 05:04 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]The other reason I don't think this would work in the same way as selling a player is because of ownership. When a club sells a player and increases revenue, it's because they have ownership of the player. In this case, the club doesn't have ownership of itself, so they can't sell themselves and say it's an increase of revenue (only those in the world's oldest industry can claim that Big Grin ).

hahaha SagrinOkmilan