AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Venting, sell the club, etc. thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-29-2015, 06:21 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2015, 06:09 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]milannews is having one of those timeline stories with latest a video of Bee arriving at Berlusconi's place 15 minutes ago.

Hasan is right in my opinion but at the same time I think:

Almost any change > status quo

Yes, we may go from being abject to being mediocre. I want my Milan to shine, not struggle. It is a shame because a positive change would be very exciting at a time when I think Italian football is on the way up--results in Europe, Napoli;s stadium, Juve's ascendancy, ambitious owners at Roma who are building a brand. I don't want to be stuck in a rut like Thohir's Inter is.

How nice would it be to spend this summer on marquee, necessary players? How nice would it be to compete with Europe's best as a brand? I don't think this Bee person will offer us that, and frankly I am getting tired of following a Milan that is so poor. I have turned my attention to Italian football as a whole--clubs like Carpi who get promoted after living a true dream, clubs like Napoli and Fiorentina who bust their butts in Europe and even clubs like Juve who have slowly built something worthwhile after the 2006 scandal.

I dunno. I'm not a total pessimist about the club being sold, simply because of our history. We're not Portsmouth or Udinese, and I don't think anyone would buy a club like Milan without having serious plans for bringing us back to the top again. Thorir may not have succeeded at Inter, but they're a different club with a different owner and a long history of failing to do anything of importance.

Ignoring the results we've had in the last couple of seasons, we are actually a club the same size as Real Madrid, Man Utd, Bayern etc. It would be absurd for someone to buy this club and then go "yeah, as long as we get into the CL once in a while it's ok".

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors about Berlusconi asking for guarantees in regards to squad investment, etc. before he sells are true. He may be a crazy old man, but he's been the president of this club for almost 30 years, so he is obviously a fan as well.
I don't think our new owners would have any sentimental reason to maintain our reputation, which lies in complete ruin anyway. The football world would go on without Milan. Some would mourn, and move on. The PSGs and Citys are the new world order.

I personally think we will be a vehicle for our new owners--we will buy players, and sell for profit. There is a complete lack of transparency and information to inspire confidence. Doyen Sport's involvement is a depressing development.

Solid billionaires intent on investing do so without fuss. I fear for our club--gravely.

I profoundly hope to be proven wrong.
(04-29-2015, 09:06 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think our new owners would have any sentimental reason to maintain our reputation, which lies in complete ruin anyway. The football world would go on without Milan. Some would mourn, and move on. The PSGs and Citys are the new world order.

I personally think we will be a vehicle for our new owners--we will buy players, and sell for profit. There is a complete lack of transparency and information to inspire confidence. Doyen Sport's involvement is a depressing development.

Solid billionaires intent on investing do so without fuss. I fear for our club--gravely.

I profoundly hope to be proven wrong.

I don't think our reputation lies in complete ruin. I know we're all depressed about the current state of affairs, but remember how bad everything was at Juve after Calciopoli and up until Conte became their coach. There were constant changes in the club's management, coaches got sacked, the results were awful and the fans were saying that the players were worthless and that the Juventus they knew and loved was dead. The situation is quite similar to ours, except that they spent a season in Serie B.

Anyway, fast forward five years and they are in the Champions League semi-finals and about to win their fourth league title in a row. Nobody even thinks about those horrible seasons they had. Now they're just Juventus again.

Seriously, all we need is a good season again. For that we need stability, but more importantly, enthusiasm.

Milan as a club has been depressed since the sale of Ibra and Silva. That was when Berlusconi's Milan actually ended. We lost two fantastic players that summer, but what really damaged us was the loss of identity. When they were sold for financial reasons, it became clear to everyone that Milan was no longer the wealthy, powerful club it used to be. We were suddenly unrecognizable on and off the pitch, and have been ever since.

I believe that our lack of results over the last two seasons is closely related to what's been going on off the pitch. Milan has been far from an ideal place for a group of players who are quite talented (on paper, at least) to perform at a high level, mainly because the atmosphere surrounding the club has been far from enthusiastic about the current state of affairs, but also because the fans, the media and everyone else have kept talking about how they're shit compared to the players we've had in the past. When I watch Milan play, I see a group of players who share the mentality that they, as a team, are not good enough.

I noticed an incident in today's match where van Ginkel was trying to win the ball after a goal kick, and Rami left the player he should have been marking completely alone in an attempt to help out. If the Genoa player had beaten van Ginkel to that ball and headed it past Rami, it would have been a clear scoring opportunity for Genoa.
Obviously it was a bad choice by Rami, but it points to a bigger issue with the team as a whole, because you see this stuff all the time. They don't believe in their quality as a team, and that is a big part of the reason why this team has been terrible under three different coaches. Like I said during the match, on paper we're at least a level above Genoa, but you'd never know that by looking at how the two teams played. If anything it shows how important it is for a team to have the right spirit on the pitch and be in an environment that encourages a high level of performance.

I believe that we desperately need a clean break from the past to end what has become a vicious cycle of negativity both on and off the pitch. A new owner won't fix everything in an instant, but Milan is a club in desperate need of a new direction. We don't know what will happen with Bee in charge, but it can't really get much worse than it is now.

But like I said, all will be forgotten if we have a good season or two. That is the beauty of this game.
Hasan what makes you think the Chinese consortium are a better option than Bee? I don't ask that because I want Bee, but mostly as until we see what happens after taken over, then really I wouldn't say either bid seems particularly advantageous.

I am slightly edging towards Bee more than the Chinese group right now based on the rumours, which I'm well aware might be nothing but hot air. The reason is the Chinese, other than pretty much announcing where the money is coming from, haven't specifically said anything to give an idea of what their plan is. Mostly, I feel the comments have been how they want to build a long term project (without details on how) and saying how they are very wealthy.

On the other hand, Bee himself has said publicly he will buy Milan, which surely doesn't work in his favour, but otherwise he's also been very quiet, even moreso than the Chinese. However, it's become evident there is some serious money behind him (Arab and basically the Chinese government) and there have been clear rumours, such as Maldini coming in as sporting director, preferential choices for coach, as well as tangible evidence that a long term project is potentially being built. Note that the head of the global youth project that Bee's involved in was apparently at the meeting yesterday.

Both groups also have very similar plans for the short term. Both apparently intend to keep on the current management and both have apparently stated the value and importance of a new stadium. There are concerns about Doyen Sports involvement and what it means, but I don't think their involvement means that Milan is a vehicle for their involvement in player ownership (which I'm sure you know is currently in a difficult situation with FIFA).

Mostly, I also think that if the money rumoured to be involved is true, then I don't think those buying the club are buying it as a vehicle, as it's a massive investment for something that's pretty unambitious. Milan's potentially a huge opportunity for investors, much moreso than City, PSG and the like.

I also think that Italian football's at an interesting point. Juve, as much as they might be despised, are leading the Italian game to a potentially strong future. Followed by those performing in Europe this season and the way many clubs are rebuilding now, Italian football has potential to be a strong footballing nation again. The key is whether the recent success can be maintained (something I've raised concerns about) and of course there are major doubts about the administration of the Italian game, but the point is there's potential there.

Add to that a strong Milan and the situation changes significantly, as the club has the ability to challenge at the highest levels. I think this is what attracts buyers, the fact that the club is a sleeping giant with an incredibly powerful brand that they can look to rebuild. If you're going to invest in Italian football, now is a time to make that gamble.
A press conference looks likely today, Mr.Bee might be getting ready to announce something, possibly at 17:30 Milan time
I just hope Bee's first move will be firing Galliani. Thats basically all I hope for this season.
If my memory serves me right, this take-over saga of Milan has been going on since last summer.. it indicates that all parties involved are doing their homework, particularly the seller(Berlu) as he looks into the best buyer both financially and sporting aspect.

while Inter's take-over was a quick-fire proccess... one day you have Moratti and the next you have Tohir with a new management..
http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/bell...ari-174999

For Stitch, can't go into detail, but Barbara will probably stay on but things look bad for Galliani.
Thanks. I'm fine with Barbara staying, I just cant stand the old fart anymore. So glad I wont have to listen to "we have to be grateful to Silvio" any more.
Hi Dev

Hope you're well, friend.

My misgivings are largely around the loan borrowing and Doyen Sports's involvement. The first is an issue of servicing debt and its interest payments with revenue (will that happen?), and the second an issue of are we developing players so they can play their best years at other clubs.

The Lee party from what I understand did not have such plans.