PDA

View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009


Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Jeff
21-05-2009, 23:46
No they don't; nor do they provide Carlo with the right players almost for the past few years. Sheva (to take up a non-EU spot) for Thiago Silva is just an absolutely stupid thing to do. Having R80 when we already have Kaka` is all so obvious but Carlo's fault.

I remember many years ago when my ex-ex-ex (?) gf broke up with me, she came up with a bunch of reasons.

And I said, "listen, if you want to break up, just say it. You don't have to give me these restrospective reasons. If you want to break up, there is always a reason".

And in Chinese, there is a saying, "欲加之罪,何患无词", meaning "if you are out to condemn somebody, you can always trump up a charge" (you may find a different translation somewhere else).

I think we have been doing the same thing for a long time now.

J

ACMILAN1983
22-05-2009, 03:12
There's a lot of talk about MVB as a coach, and many have come out against him quite strongly. Personally, I feel it's a little harsh. Whilst I won't say he's the answer for Milan, he's tactically not a bad coach and has interesting ideas. For Holland he did well during a transition for the nation and at Ajax I think the problems go very deep. They suffered a lot over the past 4-5 seasons, have no consistency and the squad is being rebuilt at the start of every season without effectively unknown kids. Van Basten has areas he must work on, such as his man management skills which appear fairly poor, but as a coach I think he has a lot of potential.

Even if he moves on and beat the very same team that caught up 3-0 down? I don't know about that, I don't know. I think some levels of courage, and a taste of revenge, is there.

I don't know why Kaladze is in the pic; he was horrible, for a while already, but he didn't play most of the game this season, so weird why he is mentioned. Though, yes, he is terrible.

I agree on Seedorf: I think that's Carlo's biggest shortcoming. Perhaps that's the reason Milan plays poor, it's freaking Slowdorf!

We should come back to this topic after we beat Roma, or otherwise Fiorentina.

Kaladze didn't play due to injuries, but everytime he's been available, irrespective of fitness or form, he's started.

I'm surprised that there isn't some more praise for Zapata after that game on Saturday. We had 0 shots on goal for the majority of the game, Pato was kept extremely quiet as well. We can't bank all our hopes on Nesta's recovery, we need another CB and I'm sure the management know this.

I think Zapata was great, and he deserves a lot of credit for his performance against us. However, what impressed me more was the partnership he's formed with Felipe. If Udinese hang onto both, they will be very strong next season at the back.

Gabriel489
22-05-2009, 03:27
Did not know you are Chinese Jeff.

Anyhow, well, on one hand I agree with what you said, since I cannot disagree with the fact that the MGT did not get the right players. While on the other hand, did Carlo push for them to sign the players that he wants? Yes, we can all say that he did with Toni and Ribery. Having said that, when we were going after Toni two years ago, we had a strike force of Gila, Pippo, Ronaldo and RO. And with our X'mas formation, how many target man do we need. As for Ribery, I just think the MGT do not want to pay for him as we have someone like Gourcuff already.
Ofcourse, nobody could anticipate Ronaldo being out with that horrible injury or Gila forgetting how to score during 07-08. But if Milan were to sign Toni after our CL win in 07, thats the same as having R80 with us now.

Personally, I think if Seedorf is gone by next season and Carlo remains and play Gourcuff on a regular basis. People will be fine and won't jump on him too much.
Having said that, if Capello, JM, Lippi, RB and Hiddunk are all available, then thats another story.

Gabriel489
22-05-2009, 03:35
Just thought of this, if MVB is indeed our new coach. I will be surprise if Berlu will not spend big for him.
Therefore, if MVB comes, I think we will see a few top signings, and even Benzema is possible.

kastriot
22-05-2009, 06:02
The best thing about MVB is that his not getting along with Seedorf...so him coming will mean seedorf being benched, to say the least.

And Im getting the feeling that Mng want to do a barcelona, with PEP ....but Im not sure MVB is up for that...But it is so hard..there is no WC coach available atm.

mrki
22-05-2009, 06:20
Kaka' practically said he feels ok with the new cicle of Milan's players and coaches. he said it many times before also.

There are some news that Milan is interested in Srna in here, but I dont think Milan will pay 15mln for him. We'll concentrate on cb and forward in best case.

Aldough, I would be satisfied if Milan would play Srna as a fullback. I know people dont know much about him and only see him when he plays for Croatia and maybe in some CL games and this UEFA cup. But Srma is for sure one of the most underrated players in Europe. Only reason he is still there is his specific caracter and the fact he has abnormal contract with more then 4mln per year with Ahmetov, the owner. He is always statin that he will leave only if he decides and that the owner will let him go if he want to go. But only for Europe's top 5 clubs.

Super versatile player with fantastic cross and a great fighter who always plays 100% on the field. I've seen him against players like A.Cole, J.Cole, Lahm and the rest of left midfielders... He was second to none of them in almost all cases. Also I've seen in some forums people compare him to Oddo's quality but that is a big mistake.

His natural position is RM, but he can play in our 1-2-1 midfield and as a fullback. Im sure wherever he goes he will play well. For me he is absolutely Croatia's best player. No Modric, Eduardo, Corluka - Srna is the best player we have. Remember Larsson, he was also hidden in Celtic for year and everyone knew he can play wherever he wants.

But that was just a little description so you know more.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

If we get Nesta fit and get one more CB wqe can have the defence I wanted!
--Thiago-Mexes-Nesta-Zambrotta- :) :) That will be superb backline.

Also, if Carlo still wants Adebayor, MAYBE its possible Drogba will leave. inter got Milito, most likely to play first 11. I doubt they took him for bench. Drogba has enormous phisical power, he is able to play for 3 more years on top level for sure. Has CL experience and Milan will look for that in the players we pay huge money for.

But first lets beat Roma and sell Carletto, then we can thing of 2,3 signings.

Aficio
22-05-2009, 06:23
The best thing about MVB is that his not getting along with Seedorf...so him coming will mean seedorf being benched, to say the least.



Yes, this is the best reason for him to be Milan's coach :cheers:

mrki
22-05-2009, 07:32
"Srnin odlazak bio bi nenadoknadiv gubitak za Šahtar, a Ahmetov ne želi čuti za nijednu ponudu. Srna je kapetan i ikona momčadi, a Ahmetovu novac ništa ne znači. Donijeli smo mu pet-šest ponuda, ali čovjek koji je željan europskih trofeja, ne prodaje Srnu jer je stigla ponuda tamo nekog Milana ili Liverpoola. Ahmetov mi je kazao da će kroz dvije godine uzeti Kup Uefa, a uspio je već u prvoj. Taj je čovjek od Šahtara napravio veliki klub, a Srna umjesto da ide u Europu, doveo je Europu u Donjeck." Štimac ( former West ham captain, in a Ferdinand, Lampard generation).
---------------------------------------------------

This is what his manager, Štimac, said. In short: To loose Srna would be horrible for Ahmetov, he doesnt want to hear any offers. They gave him 5,6 offers but he doesnt care. He will not sell just becouse there is offer from Liverpool or Milan.

Later on he says Srna WILL leave IF he wants to. And today I was listening to radio and Srna gave an interwiew where he said he'll only play for: Chalsea, Madrid, Barcelona or Milan. He wasnt strictly serious, but you get the point.

Dutchie-Milan
22-05-2009, 07:53
I live in Holland so i had the chance to follow MVB closely and i have to say he is the badest coach milan could get, i am the one who can judge him the best because i have seen the most of him and i can certainly see that some of you dont know him and just say bull like he is great in tactics wich is his weakest point.

First of all,he can not establish a basis for a team, the one week he wil play 4-3-3 and the other week 4-4-2 but the biggest problem is that he cant use tactics,he does not know anything about marking or that kind of stuff, he only knows to field a attacking team while the defense is very weak. If he would be our coach know he would field this attack:

Dinho-Borriello-Pato
Kaka
Pirlo----Gorky/Rhino

As you can see he plays way to attacking but other than that he is just a terrible coach,you all dont know how he get mashed with ajax from teams who had to fight against relegation

He lost at Sparta wich is a minnor team with 4-0!!! And remember Heerenveen whom we played against in the Uefa Cup, they won from his ajax with 5-2 and last but not least he lost against rival PSV with 6-2!!!!!!!!!thats like milan losing from Inter with 6-2,i dont think anyone here want that to happen.

And the worst thing is he spent 35 million euro in the summer,more than any other team and he only got third in an very weak competition.

Oh and dont forget,he is a very weak person so if he comes Berlu will decide who plays,Marco is very humble against big persons.

He is the worst option milan could get,you all have no idea except Warro who knows how bad he is.

You should watch his persconference everytime afther he loses,he keeps saying he does not know the reason behind the bad football of his team,if you compare carletto with Van Basten than Carlo is truly a saint!

Gabriel489
22-05-2009, 08:04
Well, if MVB is the coach and Tassotti stays. I think that it will be okay. On top of that, if MVB is indeed our new coach, I am sure Berlu will splash big on signings, players like Mexes, Santacroce, Benzema and even Buffon

Koeke
22-05-2009, 08:07
I live in Holland so i had the chance to follow MVB closely and i have to say he is the badest coach milan could get, i am the one who can judge him the best because i have seen the most of him and i can certainly see that some of you dont know him and just say bull like he is great in tactics wich is his weakest point.


I'm affraid I agree with dutchie with this one.
If Carlo should leave the club I don't want San Marco as our head coach, I followed Ajax a bit and I didn't liked what I saw.
(Not the 4-3-3 since that is just how Ajax plays with our without Van Basten.)
I also saw several sportshows (studio sport) with him as a guest and he just didn't convinced me in what he said, how he said it and how he responded to questions. He knows football but I'm affraid he just can't bring it over to other people.

He just didn't seemed passionate. He underwent everything, every question was like a hit and all our former hero could do was put up his guard up and take it all.
I don't think he should be aggresive our something like Van Gaal
but he looked desparate like a small child that didn't know what to do, I don't know, it felt kind of strange. Two weaks before his resignation a journalist on that show asked him what he was going to do to prevent such a bad season and again he said somethings had to change but he didn't seemed convinced that he knew what to do.
After that I immediately felt he was going to give in his resignation.

If he should come I will give him my fullest support but I'm affraid he has nothing to gain here but burn a part of his mythological status.

GeoTav
22-05-2009, 08:10
I live in Holland so i had the chance to follow MVB closely and i have to say he is the badest coach milan could get, i am the one who can judge him the best because i have seen the most of him and i can certainly see that some of you dont know him and just say bull like he is great in tactics wich is his weakest point.

First of all,he can not establish a basis for a team, the one week he wil play 4-3-3 and the other week 4-4-2 but the biggest problem is that he cant use tactics,he does not know anything about marking or that kind of stuff, he only knows to field a attacking team while the defense is very weak. If he would be our coach know he would field this attack:

Dinho-Borriello-Pato
Kaka
Pirlo----Gorky/Rhino

As you can see he plays way to attacking but other than that he is just a terrible coach,you all dont know how he get mashed with ajax from teams who had to fight against relegation

He lost at Sparta wich is a minnor team with 4-0!!! And remember Heerenveen whom we played against in the Uefa Cup, they won from his ajax with 5-2 and last but not least he lost against rival PSV with 6-2!!!!!!!!!thats like milan losing from Inter with 6-2,i dont think anyone here want that to happen.

And the worst thing is he spent 35 million euro in the summer,more than any other team and he only got third in an very weak competition.

Oh and dont forget,he is a very weak person so if he comes Berlu will decide who plays,Marco is very humble against big persons.

He is the worst option milan could get,you all have no idea except Warro who knows how bad he is.

You should watch his persconference everytime afther he loses,he keeps saying he does not know the reason behind the bad football of his team,if you compare carletto with Van Basten than Carlo is truly a saint!

Actually, if you go on the topic about Carlo leaving or not (the poll), most of the people stated he wasn't a valid option for us (principally for what he did with Netherlands and from the results with Ajax) ... but it's good to see the opinion of someone who watched the games from Ajax because coaching a NT and a club is very different, and it seems MVB should keep coaching a NT ... or not :D

Filipéz 182
22-05-2009, 08:14
I think Van Basten will quit as a coach, he looked so lost after his resign from ajax. he knows he isnt a good coach and I dont think he'll try again! and it would be a good thing becouse he's one of the worst I've ever seen.

Dutchie-Milan
22-05-2009, 08:15
I also forget to mention this: When he announced to quit Ajax and he gave the press conference he said this:

I am still unexperencied for Ajax and it is my fault this happenend(the bad season).The team deserve a better coach and i take the full blame,i was not good enough.


Altough it is brave he said this,but if he is not good enough for ajax than hell he is not good enough for milan and he has no selfesteem.

And read the part of Koeke,i also watched the show and he took the hard words like cookies with milk,you should see his face,the defeat in his eyes....disgusting.


I can already see the excuses on this forum when MVB will be presented,that he will bring in younger players etc.

We will be DOOMED!!!!!

mrki
22-05-2009, 08:18
I also didnt saw and excstasy about MvB coaching Milan in here. Most of the people I talk with about him say he isnt a great coach. I havent seen his conferences and followed his teams so I cant tell.

Maybe Leonardo will really be our man. With Galli and Tassotti as secondary coaches. Gazzetta is saying something like this could happen.

nguyen_milan
22-05-2009, 08:26
I have already reacted to some of your points in the other posts, so I will not repeat myself.

1) I like your analogy about Laker leading by 50 points and lose by 1 at the end of the game. Two reactions:

a) While not as dramatic as that, we can still count games when a team led by more than 30 points (in basketball) and got caught up. Not sure if 50 points = 3 goals lead or what and let's not get too far in the analogy ;).

b) Surrounding a 3-0 lead in the final is very rare; but it could have just as easily be as 6-0. I don't know why you are counting so much against our team because we got caught. Yes we lost - and that's it.

Think about it: The way that we played against liverpool in 2007 compared with Liverpool in 2005; we would have lost by a big margin, but there is simply no IF. If it happened, it happened.

Finally, is there any coach who lost 4-0 in a CL final (e.g., our game against Barcelona)? Is there any coach who lost 3-0 in the first half of a CL (e.g., we played against Liverpool?) I don't think it happened very frequently, but anyway I think I'm getting too far...

2) I'm not even sure if that's Carlo's fault that the defensive line is terrible. Perhaps he could have been more vocal with the management team, but I don't know. We'll lay this piece of argument to the future.

3) There are so many 'if' statement we can make, how about: if we didn't score against Roma (by Sheva), securing Serie A? If we didn't even win against Red Star in the preliminary qualifier? If we didn't even get Calciopoli (that's a BIG if; think about how miserable Inter would be and how they have robbed so many Serie A from there onwards). So many if, so little room for error.

4) Be honest with you: My fear is that we are simply finding scapegoat again and again and again over so many years for our performance. Is it going to solve the problem?

***

At this very moment, Carlo is still the right coach, for the simple reason: to secure a spot in CL. But if the team let these stupid rumors flying around to hurt the team morale, then either Berlusconi is responsible (for making the comments) OR Gallini is responsible for not clearing up things (if media made it up).

At this point, nothing more important than getting a CL spot. Not the time to talk about sacking the coach.

J


Cant believe it, I came to this forum cause I dont want to read anything about basketball right now and still the Lakers losing lead reference hit my eyes :haha::wallbang:

By the way, I dont want MVB, Ance though there were a lot mistakes but we need a world class coach, Rijkard would be better I think. At least he proved that he could win.

Christian
22-05-2009, 08:40
Appointing MVB as our coach would be borderline insane. It would be like getting Ranieri, had Juventus' whole season been like these last 2 months. Although I think this whole MVB thing is just Berlusconi meddling with everything. Even though everybody likes to hate the management, I still believe that Galliani is reasonable, I'm certain that he can see the obvious. The only way MVB is gonna be our coach, is if Berlusconi decides that he knows best, like he did with Ronaldinho and Shevchenko.

Nice to hear something about Srna. He was very impressive in the UEFA cup final indeed, he had a certain Maldini'esque thing about him, leading the team etc.

Apparently Brazilian midfielder Ramires has just signed with Benfica, I know he's been mentioned here before, but it seems that ship has sailed.

Anyways looking forward to this monday, if we win against Roma. I'll expect big things to happen, regardless of Carlo stays or goes.

Jeff
22-05-2009, 09:00
I predict it'll be a contract renewal, Galliani claiming that a new era has come, and Carlo said "I have never thought of leaving".

then Seedorf chimed in and said, "together we'll win the champion league again".

Anyone likes this scenario? No? LOL :D

J

Gabriel489
22-05-2009, 09:40
Only if Seedorf made that statement at Stanford Bridge with Sheva, Emerson and Kaladze

Milano84
22-05-2009, 10:17
Coffee (and caffeine) is bad :D.

I do agree with what you say about our management, except the piece about Kaka`. I don't think selling him is wise; there are players that you just should not sell. Having said, the management was actually ready to sell if Kaka` wanted to go. so I'm not sure 100% if you are accurate here re: the manageemtn of Kaka` by Berlu and Galliani.

IT seems to me (and I'm guessing here) that the problem is more of the management, not the players nor the coach. Or am I getting the wrong impression?

j


yes, but the truth is berlusconi and galliani arent going anywhere. And lets be fair, milan would not be milan without either. Carlo has underachieved with the squad to a degree, and more so if he is not going to get control over transfers perhaps it istime for a change.... for both sides. Him and milan.
2 things i do fault him is his lack of developement of youth and his favoritism. Its no secret, seedorf, pirlo ,gattuso r his favorites. They are my favorite players too, but truth is, some rotation and squad competition would not only get best out of them, but best out of milan. I look at man utd with giggs and scholes, legends who can still contribute, but sir alex ferguson doesnt garentee them spots.

if carlo stays we appear to lose gourcuff, and i think thats a big mistake of stubbornness on carlo's part. It also goes straight in the face of the argument 'carlo doesnt have a full squad' Because in yoann he was given good young talent but he rejected it. Yoann was so promising his first season, but the second when we needed him, carlo not only didnt play him but overworked clarence and pirlo, and actually prefered emerson and brocchi to him. To me that is just bad coaching

mrki
22-05-2009, 10:41
If Carlo was staying in Milan they would just announce he is staying and that is it. Mourinho said clearly: Ferara will lead Juve and Van Basten Milan. Ancelotti is going to Chelsea. He even said in a long interwiew that he spoke to some people from Chelsea who asked his oppinion about their next coach Ancelotti. And he answered Chelsea is getting a coach that can keep a good atmpshpere in a locker room etc... to sum it up he said Carlo is already a Chelsea man.

I like the way M;oratti and Mourinho are TOGETHER combining for the making of the "new" inter. Thiago and Milito are both very good players. Thiago is capable of playing technical football with Cambiasso and J.Zanetti. While Milito will most likely play classic deep no.9 role with Ibra playing as always.

Mourinho also said they think Carvalho is not out of reach anymore like 2 years ago and that they want one more forward ( talking about Quagliarella and Cassano )and one no.10 player. Also he mentioned 3 new primavera players that will be inserted.



On the other hand, we work in chaos for past 4 years. Milan needs to work faster and calmer and work WITH the new coach on a new team. We cant just bring players and then think how we will play them. Its a noncence.

No money no party, its a fact in today's football. EPL showed it. If we cant pay for 3 good players + Yoan then **** it. 4 scudetti in a row for merda already...

Gabriel489
22-05-2009, 10:58
Well, I think we have a plan too. That is to sign old and useless players to huge contracts and win CL once in a few years.

Honestly, I think changes are coming but it is at least one year too late.

Christian
22-05-2009, 11:34
Galliani and Carlo comes out almost every day saying 'I have a conract to 2010 etc.' I think the reason nothing has been said, is because it's still not clear where we're gonna finish this season. It's obvious that there's a big difference between finishing 2nd or 3rd, and finishing 4th, and the amount of spending we can do in the summer depends on it, aswell as Carlo's situation.

Jeff
22-05-2009, 12:06
Well, I think we have a plan too. That is to sign old and useless players to huge contracts and win CL once in a few years.

Honestly, I think changes are coming but it is at least one year too late.

Take it easy my friend...

Tony75
22-05-2009, 12:09
Not looking forward to this summer. Waiting till after one game to say what's going to happen smacks of bull. We know what the team needs. The players know, but the management are still going to do their own thing, which invariably will see us miss out on league, cl, coppa, and eventually lose our best players.

kawiki
22-05-2009, 12:30
hey guys, chill out. Oddo is coming back...

Fret
22-05-2009, 13:33
hey guys, chill out. Oddo is coming back...

Oddo..... :hug:

:1d31:

Aficio
22-05-2009, 13:39
hey guys, chill out. Oddo is coming back...


What is his nickname :guw:

Reza
22-05-2009, 16:29
On the other hand, we work in chaos for past 4 years. Milan needs to work faster and calmer and work WITH the new coach on a new team. We cant just bring players and then think how we will play them. Its a noncence.

No money no party, its a fact in today's football. EPL showed it. If we cant pay for 3 good players + Yoan then **** it. 4 scudetti in a row for merda already...

A coach showing flexibility is important too, let's say a coach doesn't want anything but a 4-3-2-1, in that case a transfer policy is much more difficult than when also considering 3-5-2. I don't want success because Inter are this that, I want success because I know with a bit more realism (from coaching to management) and organization and of course cash Milan can be long term winners.

mrki
23-05-2009, 05:53
"On je prije dolaska u Milan učio kako se tjelesno pripremala francuska legija stranaca. Doslovno je to sve prepisao i prilagodio nogometu. Možete misliti kakvi su to treninzi bili kada smo Franco Baresi i ja, nakon što na jednim pripremama od umora i bolova nismo mogli spavati, mislili otići do Berlusconia. Pogotovo jer te sezone smo krenuli gubiti prve utakmice i mislili smo da je metoda Sacchi pogrešna. I baš kada smo bili skupili hrabrosti, krenuli smo sa pobjedama, te na kraju i osvojili Ligu prvaka."

Maldini says about Sacchi: Before he came to Milan he was teaching about the phisical preparations in French "league of foreigners"(translation? Geo will know better. Anyway, its the most elite military group in the world. ). Literrary he took it all and adjusted to football. You can think what kind of preparations were when Baresi and me, after we couldnt sleep coz of pains at night after one circle of trainings, thought about going to Berlusconi. That year we started loosing games and we thought Sacchi's metod is wrong. Later on we won CL.

We can say for sure Seedorf, Pirlo and many players in this Milan have no problems with too tough trainings!

I also have one interesting post from my friend from Milan CLub Rijeka about Abbiatti who was in Croatia for some period now to recuperate from injury. One of the fans from Milan club's of Croatia spent some days with him I'll do it later.

Koeke
23-05-2009, 10:34
Maldini says about Sacchi: Before he came to Milan he was teaching about the phisical preparations in French "league of foreigners"(translation? Geo will know better. Anyway, its the most elite military group in the world. ).

I don't want to be a smartass or something but just for the record it's the Foreign Legion. You don't have to be French to know about the legion besides Geotav can't be French he isn't pattriotic nor chauvinistic enough ;)

Hasan Rossonero
23-05-2009, 10:39
CLOSING THE ACCOUNT
5/23/2009 4:00:00 PM
“A very beautiful career of Paolo Maldini, crowned by many victories! For me the things are very clear with the club, I remain at 100%. Against Roma we will need to be balanced. THE DECLARATIONS OF CARLO ANCELOTTI.

MILAN – These are the declarations of Carlo Ancelotti during the press conference on the eve of Milan-Roma at San Siro on Sunday:

First topic is that of Paolo Maldini and his last match at San Siro tomorrow against Roma: “The fans will have to get used to football without Paolo Maldini. I think that Paolo's career represents a landmark for all of those who want to be footballers and all of those who believe in the loyalty, seriousness and professionalism of those who go on the pitch. Paolo had a very beautiful career, crowned by great victories and great seriousness. I don’t distinguish the Maldini-man from the Maldini-footballer, for me he's the same on and off the pitch. I had a great rapport with him, very nice and close. I think that in these eight years of stay at Milan, that I had a lot of help from Maldini. Tied to what he does normally every day. There wasn't a particular day where he came late, he always dedicated himself with great intensity, seriousness and consistency.

“It doesn’t make sense to make comparisons with Baresi, it’s nor fair to say that Paolo is an important loss, he did what he had to do in football, leaving an important trace which players like Nesta, Ambrosini and Pirlo will have to follow with facts.”

On Roma: “It’s been three years that Milan don’t defeat Roma at home, the Giallorossi have been competitive but they had big problems tied in certain ways to ours: many injuries which were not able to give continuity to their season. The Champions League target slipped away from us last week and I think that tomorrow we must not let it slip away again, in order to close the account. Tomorrow we shall try to put on the pitch all of our energy.

“Roma is giving the impression that it’s finding it difficult to end this season. Roma are after the sixth place, the last energies will be used tomorrow, but Milan is fine and are in a good form. We’re a bit tired, as chasing the Champions League tired us out, but there are still 10 days and it’s evident that we must pull out the last energies. At Udine there was an attitude which surprised us, especially the veolocity of Udinese. We’re in a good moment now. The atmosphere of uncertainty on the future and the participation to the Champions League is a very big objective for the players, who have suffered a lot not participating this year. The priority is this and represents a great motivation for everyone. Roma have dynamism and we will need balance to avoid the counter attack actions or simply the quick Roma moves. Tomorrow night Ronaldinho will not start from the first minute.”

On the future: "For me the things are very clear with the club and we shall continue to have them very clear. At the end when the accounts will be closed, we shall find the right solution. I'm the last one to indicate my substitute. The optimal solution for me is that of closing this season well because things must be done one by one.

"There are no contacts with Berlusconi, I don’t think that it annoyed him my contact with Abramovich. At the moment, I have no open situation with Chelsea, and at the end of the season if there will be the need to find a solution, we shall find it. Today the contract I have is valid. I'm ready for everything. I enjoy coaching, it’s a passion, not a work, it’s clear that I will say yes if they ask me if I want to coach Chelsea. Money is important, but not for me. I never asked a ‘thousand lira’ increase to Milan, the economic matter does not interest me when you’re fine in an environment, evemn though I think one must be evaluated for his qualities.

“Until June 30 2010, I’m the Milan coach. I know how the things are, I don’t see any fog, I see everything very clear. If I had to express myself in percentages, I would say that I would remain at Milan at 100% also next year. There was a very good feeling with the team, after eight years we’re still here talking, especially with the club, if it wasn’t so a coach would not last in Italy for that much. I repeat, I’m very calm, my preoccupations are others. I study English for the past two years because it helps me when I go on holiday abroad.”

The other topics: “Nesta has been very fine for the past two weeks, as he's been working every day with the team and he's well focused. The other injured players are recovery very well. With regards to David Beckham, I don't know exactly what agreements he made with the club. Differently from Maldini, he could return.

“It will be a nice final between Manchester and Barcelona. Repeating oneself in Europe is difficult, there's no team who won twice in a row. I think that Manchester have more chances than Barcelona. I will not go watch the final because I have another commitment…I’m going to watch a movie…(he laughs).”

--

acmilan.com

mrki
23-05-2009, 12:35
I don't want to be a smartass or something but just for the record it's the Foreign Legion. You don't have to be French to know about the legion besides Geotav can't be French he isn't pattriotic nor chauvinistic enough ;)

Well that "Legion" is French, not English. "Foreign Legion" is in english. in Croatian for example its "Liga stranaca" ( the league of....). So neither english or croatian translations tell us exactly the name. That is why I wanted Geo to write the name as it really is.

Of course we dont need to be French to know about it, it was half joke mostly related top the country of that army "league".

Nevermind the philology in here, its not important.
-----------------------------------------------------

I have a question for Geo: hat do you know about Sertic from Boudroux? He decided he'll play for Croatia but I dont know much about him. thanx.

mrki
23-05-2009, 12:50
CLOSING THE ACCOUNT
5/23/2009 4:00:00 PM
“A very beautiful career of Paolo Maldini, crowned by many victories! For me the things are very clear with the club, I remain at 100%. Against Roma we will need to be balanced. THE DECLARATIONS OF CARLO ANCELOTTI.

MILAN – These are the declarations of Carlo Ancelotti during the press conference on the eve of Milan-Roma at San Siro on Sunday:

First topic is that of Paolo Maldini and his last match at San Siro tomorrow against Roma: “The fans will have to get used to football without Paolo Maldini. I think that Paolo's career represents a landmark for all of those who want to be footballers and all of those who believe in the loyalty, seriousness and professionalism of those who go on the pitch. Paolo had a very beautiful career, crowned by great victories and great seriousness. I don’t distinguish the Maldini-man from the Maldini-footballer, for me he's the same on and off the pitch. I had a great rapport with him, very nice and close. I think that in these eight years of stay at Milan, that I had a lot of help from Maldini. Tied to what he does normally every day. There wasn't a particular day where he came late, he always dedicated himself with great intensity, seriousness and consistency.

“It doesn’t make sense to make comparisons with Baresi, it’s nor fair to say that Paolo is an important loss, he did what he had to do in football, leaving an important trace which players like Nesta, Ambrosini and Pirlo will have to follow with facts.”

On Roma: “It’s been three years that Milan don’t defeat Roma at home, the Giallorossi have been competitive but they had big problems tied in certain ways to ours: many injuries which were not able to give continuity to their season. The Champions League target slipped away from us last week and I think that tomorrow we must not let it slip away again, in order to close the account. Tomorrow we shall try to put on the pitch all of our energy.

“Roma is giving the impression that it’s finding it difficult to end this season. Roma are after the sixth place, the last energies will be used tomorrow, but Milan is fine and are in a good form. We’re a bit tired, as chasing the Champions League tired us out, but there are still 10 days and it’s evident that we must pull out the last energies. At Udine there was an attitude which surprised us, especially the veolocity of Udinese. We’re in a good moment now. The atmosphere of uncertainty on the future and the participation to the Champions League is a very big objective for the players, who have suffered a lot not participating this year. The priority is this and represents a great motivation for everyone. Roma have dynamism and we will need balance to avoid the counter attack actions or simply the quick Roma moves. Tomorrow night Ronaldinho will not start from the first minute.”

On the future: "For me the things are very clear with the club and we shall continue to have them very clear. At the end when the accounts will be closed, we shall find the right solution. I'm the last one to indicate my substitute. The optimal solution for me is that of closing this season well because things must be done one by one.

"There are no contacts with Berlusconi, I don’t think that it annoyed him my contact with Abramovich. At the moment, I have no open situation with Chelsea, and at the end of the season if there will be the need to find a solution, we shall find it. Today the contract I have is valid. I'm ready for everything. I enjoy coaching, it’s a passion, not a work, it’s clear that I will say yes if they ask me if I want to coach Chelsea. Money is important, but not for me. I never asked a ‘thousand lira’ increase to Milan, the economic matter does not interest me when you’re fine in an environment, evemn though I think one must be evaluated for his qualities.

“Until June 30 2010, I’m the Milan coach. I know how the things are, I don’t see any fog, I see everything very clear. If I had to express myself in percentages, I would say that I would remain at Milan at 100% also next year. There was a very good feeling with the team, after eight years we’re still here talking, especially with the club, if it wasn’t so a coach would not last in Italy for that much. I repeat, I’m very calm, my preoccupations are others. I study English for the past two years because it helps me when I go on holiday abroad.”

The other topics: “Nesta has been very fine for the past two weeks, as he's been working every day with the team and he's well focused. The other injured players are recovery very well. With regards to David Beckham, I don't know exactly what agreements he made with the club. Differently from Maldini, he could return.

“It will be a nice final between Manchester and Barcelona. Repeating oneself in Europe is difficult, there's no team who won twice in a row. I think that Manchester have more chances than Barcelona. I will not go watch the final because I have another commitment…I’m going to watch a movie…(he laughs).”

--

acmilan.com

Sad news, lets hope they lie as usual.

rosoneri_11
23-05-2009, 13:05
I have also a question for Geo.
Geo what is your opinion for André-Pierre Gignac of Toulouse? Do you think he is better than Benzema?
That guy is impressing me a lot.

I also want your opinion about Fernando Cavenaghi of Bordeaux.

mrki
23-05-2009, 13:12
Inter have secured Arnautovic and Philippe Coutinho ( young 16 year old brazilian wunderkid, who will join Inter next year I think ). That is 4 smart signings already.

GeoTav
23-05-2009, 14:12
Well that "Legion" is French, not English. "Foreign Legion" is in english. in Croatian for example its "Liga stranaca" ( the league of....). So neither english or croatian translations tell us exactly the name. That is why I wanted Geo to write the name as it really is.

Of course we dont need to be French to know about it, it was half joke mostly related top the country of that army "league".

Nevermind the philology in here, its not important.
-----------------------------------------------------

I have a question for Geo: hat do you know about Sertic from Boudroux? He decided he'll play for Croatia but I dont know much about him. thanx.

The French name is "Légion Etrangère" ... ^^
About Grégory Sertic, I don't know him actually, I know he plays for the reserve of Bordeaux and played very few games with the first team.

I have also a question for Geo.
Geo what is your opinion for André-Pierre Gignac of Toulouse? Do you think he is better than Benzema?
That guy is impressing me a lot.

I also want your opinion about Fernando Cavenaghi of Bordeaux.

Gignac is impressive because he has all the skills a good striker needs: physically strong, fast, good technical skills, good head-playing, and since this year, good finishing skills.

The problem with him, and he stated that himself, is that he was nowhere last year, he scored something like 2 goals in 35 or 36 games last year (check the statistics if you want the real ones without mistakes) and it's why he decided not to move this year, no matter the offers that could be sent for him, because he wants to prove that this year wasn't just luck ... and of course, like Domenech gave him a chance in the French NT for the last game, he probably thinks that by staying there, if he manages to play again that way, he could be in the next WC.

Saying he is better than Benzema is a bit difficult: nowadays and this year, yes, he is clearly better, but Benzema was just horrible this year.

About Cavenaghi, he is, I think, the best goalscorer of Ligue 1, I mean, he is not as complete as some other players but he can score everytime. The only problem is that Blanc isn't fan from him if I'm not wrong and it's why he doesn't play a lot ... (he is injured anyway now). The guy has impressive statistics, he often plays 25-30 minutes and manages to score.

Bosniaco
23-05-2009, 14:15
Inter have secured Arnautovic and Philippe Coutinho ( young 16 year old brazilian wunderkid, who will join Inter next year I think ). That is 4 smart signings already.
I watched Arnautovic, very good attacking midfielder. Tipical Balkan player :)

I have also seeing Coutinho play, he is good, but still needs a lot of work and develpoment. He will probably go on loan for few years at least.

Inter are buying left and right, and doing all the smart and good moves. I read today that Branca is having a meeting with the Tevez agent whatever his name is Jurapshian or something like that lol. Milito and Motta are already Inter players.

rosoneri_11
23-05-2009, 15:46
The French name is "Légion Etrangère" ... ^^
About Grégory Sertic, I don't know him actually, I know he plays for the reserve of Bordeaux and played very few games with the first team.



Gignac is impressive because he has all the skills a good striker needs: physically strong, fast, good technical skills, good head-playing, and since this year, good finishing skills.

The problem with him, and he stated that himself, is that he was nowhere last year, he scored something like 2 goals in 35 or 36 games last year (check the statistics if you want the real ones without mistakes) and it's why he decided not to move this year, no matter the offers that could be sent for him, because he wants to prove that this year wasn't just luck ... and of course, like Domenech gave him a chance in the French NT for the last game, he probably thinks that by staying there, if he manages to play again that way, he could be in the next WC.

Saying he is better than Benzema is a bit difficult: nowadays and this year, yes, he is clearly better, but Benzema was just horrible this year.

About Cavenaghi, he is, I think, the best goalscorer of Ligue 1, I mean, he is not as complete as some other players but he can score everytime. The only problem is that Blanc isn't fan from him if I'm not wrong and it's why he doesn't play a lot ... (he is injured anyway now). The guy has impressive statistics, he often plays 25-30 minutes and manages to score.


Ok Geo, thanks for the informations!

Blacktop
23-05-2009, 18:17
I never asked a ‘thousand lira’ increase to Milan
What is that, $5.00?

hitmannq8
23-05-2009, 18:38
What is that, $5.00?

roughly three US dollars equaled 7,000 italian lira

nguyen_milan
23-05-2009, 21:06
Well, take it for what it's worth.
My friend, who is a Vietnamese journalist, a die hard Milan fan, now living and working in Rome, said that Leornardo will be new Milan coach :dconf: He is pretty sure but a while ago he thought that MVB would be Milan new coach too. So Im thinking that even Milan boards is not sure yet.

Maevious
24-05-2009, 04:28
Most of our problems begin from the lack of a top class defensive line. So, defenders should be our priority.

Gignac and Cavenaghi are not Milan quality IMO. If I could take a player from League 1, other than this year's MVP Gourcuff, who is coming back, that would be Taye Taiwo, Marseille's left back.

GeoTav
24-05-2009, 05:31
Most of our problems begin from the lack of a top class defensive line. So, defenders should be our priority.

Gignac and Cavenaghi are not Milan quality IMO. If I could take a player from League 1, other than this year's MVP Gourcuff, who is coming back, that would be Taye Taiwo, Marseille's left back.

Noone said they were good enough for Milan, Gignac is still unproven in Ligue 1 (but in youth teams, he was one of the best French players, he just had difficult professional first years) for example. But he is the kind of player that could become WC because he seems smart and has good values, you see it in medias, he's modest: he wants to stay in Toulouse for two reasons actually, because he is unproven and wants to confirm next year this very promising season, and also because he said he needs his family around him for moment ...

Gignac in 2008-2009: 37 games played (36 as a starter) - 24 goals

If he does another performance like that next year (there is still one game to play), he could become a potential interesting player as he is still young (23yo).

About Cavenaghi, I just put his statistics, anyway, this guy will probably go this season, probably in a bigger club than Bordeaux, so we will see what he is worth ...

2001-2002 (River Plate): 23 games - 17 goals
2002-2003 (River Plate): 33 games - 20 goals
2003-2004 (River Plate): 27 games -17 goals
2004-2004 (Spartak Moscow): 9 games - 1 goal
2005-2005 (Spartak Moscow): 25 games - 6 goals
2006-2006 (Spartak Moscow): 17 games - 5 goals
2006-2007 (Bordeaux): 9 games - 2 goals
2007-2008 (Bordeaux): 23 games - 15 goals + 5 goals in C3
2008-2009 (Bordeaux): 29 games (23 as a starter) - 13 goals + 1 goal in C3

About Taye Taiwo, he is really overrated ... technically limited, defensively a joke, I even don't know if he knows what are the rules of football (tactically, he has to improve a lot), he is just able to run and strongly shoot (rarely in the goals), he can't be a solution for our defensive problems at all. He is just a more physical version (let's say he is a physical monster :D) of Jankulovski !!

maslok
24-05-2009, 06:01
Taiwo? What's with this man? He was a star of one African Cup of Nation and that's all... Why do people overrate him so often?

Bosniaco
24-05-2009, 09:00
Taiwo? What's with this man? He was a star of one African Cup of Nation and that's all... Why do people overrate him so often?
Overrate? I also think he is Milan quality.

GeoTav
24-05-2009, 10:05
Overrate? I also think he is Milan quality.

Watch him playing for Marseille and you will see how overrated he is ...

Fret
24-05-2009, 11:11
I have changed my mind..........we don't need 2 CBs next season, we need a complete new back line, 4 brand new players - top class
:wow:

boring
24-05-2009, 11:19
Watch him playing for Marseille and you will see how overrated he is ...

I've heard (seen only once) that is pretty good but lacks that top level consistency and ability. Either way, he'll be an improvement over Marek.

So Inter will have Ibra, Acquafresca, Balotelli and Milito next season? Who cares, Pato is better than all of them!

Gabriel489
24-05-2009, 11:26
Out:
Dida, Kalac, Kaladze, Sendours, Favalli, Janku as LB, Seedorf, Pirlo, and Sheva
In:
GK, GK, T. Silva, Santacroce, Canini, De Silvestre, Janku as LM, Gourcuff, Abate, Benzema.

that will happen after looking at Berlu's face.

GeoTav
24-05-2009, 11:27
I've heard (seen only once) that is pretty good but lacks that top level consistency and ability. Either way, he'll be an improvement over Marek.

So Inter will have Ibra, Acquafresca, Balotelli and Milito next season? Who cares, Pato is better than all of them!

Acquafresca is a part of the deal with Genoa if I'm not wrong ...

boring
24-05-2009, 11:28
Sorry buddy but you're wrong.. he's owned by Inter.

GeoTav
24-05-2009, 12:06
Sorry buddy but you're wrong.. he's owned by Inter.

You misunderstood, he is owned (for moment) by Inter, but he is going to be a part of the deal between Inter and Genoa. If it's not Genoa, it's another Italian club, I remember a president of club saying that Acquafresca will come next year (probably loaned or co-owned).

If the right club is Genoa, so Genoa will have Acquafresca and probably Crespo, and maybe Deco.

M.O.I.
24-05-2009, 12:21
I have a strong feeling that our first new player will be mexes..especially after the last game..and i m really happy about it..since the first day here i m trying to convince everybody for his quality but i know that most of you dont like him a lot..anyway..

we dont need much more,him(or santacrocce) gorky back,nesta back and a target fw..

p.s.if it was "football manager" id also get a left back,and a gk maybe..

Vulli
24-05-2009, 12:28
Leonardo New Ac Milan Mannager

Vulli
24-05-2009, 12:31
Milan begins the era-Leonardo

sheva-gila
24-05-2009, 12:33
Milan begins the era-Leonardo

whats this all about?

Vulli
24-05-2009, 12:49
Its allmost official that Leonardo is our new coach according to Sport MediaSet

zafrul
24-05-2009, 12:51
Its allmost official that Leonardo is our new coach according to Sport MediaSet

Really? How reliable is Sport MediaSet?

sheva-gila
24-05-2009, 12:55
I hope thats true, that means also sedorf out turning R80 into R10 gorky will come back also 2 CF and thats all
out beckam favalli janku...

Vulli
24-05-2009, 12:59
http://www.sportmediaset.it/calcio/articoli/articolo23714.shtml

I think that this site is reliable because Brelusconi is owner of this media

boring
24-05-2009, 14:04
You misunderstood, he is owned (for moment) by Inter, but he is going to be a part of the deal between Inter and Genoa. If it's not Genoa, it's another Italian club, I remember a president of club saying that Acquafresca will come next year (probably loaned or co-owned).

If the right club is Genoa, so Genoa will have Acquafresca and probably Crespo, and maybe Deco.

Thank you for clarifying that.

kakacmilan best
24-05-2009, 14:13
PLZ LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!
I think that we will see Hernans!

Vulli
24-05-2009, 14:55
I think we need players like Dzeko, Hernanes, Mexes, Kjaer for next season

mrki
24-05-2009, 15:33
http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=25&a=124737

yoan wants to stay in France. At least greedy people in Milan can get 15mln from him so they can spend 5... Instead of calling him on the phone every day and begging that kind of a player to come back, we act like morons and our coach doesnt ONCE call the player we loan out. And Galliani puts clause, bravo.

if Yoan leaves it will be a real shame and completely idiotic move by the famous double Galliani-Ancelotti.

slifersd
24-05-2009, 15:34
Leonardo as our new coach would probably be one of the worst ideas ever. It's not that I don't trust his capability as a coach, but he is our only useful scout. Over the years, he has scouted well and negotiated even better to bring us the only good signings we have had. And yet, we want to take him away from the job he is best at to put him in a position that he has no experience with. To make things even worse is that we don't even have anyone that can possibly replace him in his old position. As miserable as our mercatos over the last few years have been, taking Leonardo away will only make our mercato even worse in the future. I hope the airheads in hte upper management see that and realize what a big mistake that is.

Koeke
24-05-2009, 15:55
Leonardo as our new coach would probably be one of the worst ideas ever. It's not that I don't trust his capability as a coach, but he is our only useful scout. Over the years, he has scouted well and negotiated even better to bring us the only good signings we have had. And yet, we want to take him away from the job he is best at to put him in a position that he has no experience with. To make things even worse is that we don't even have anyone that can possibly replace him in his old position. As miserable as our mercatos over the last few years have been, taking Leonardo away will only make our mercato even worse in the future. I hope the airheads in hte upper management see that and realize what a big mistake that is.

I thought the exact same, what players did we buy in the last four years? Oldies and young brazilian players, the oldies were for free and nobody wanted them but Leo got us Kaka for peanuts while chelsea and other were on his tail I even read that it was becoz of Leo he came to us. Pato case was similar since diffrent teams wanted him, (although he wasn't cheap), Silva etc.

Maybe we can rely on Ba, he is due to do something good;)

Graeme C
24-05-2009, 16:34
I'm a bit mixed about the News of Leonardo. Ive heard rumours that he hasnt yet got his coaching badges so I wonder how thats going to work.

One thing for sure, Leonardo is a seriously Intelligent person. He speaks like 8 languages and I heard he was studying degrees while he was playing football. I dont doubt his technical knowledge of the game, but more his experience.

If Leo is our manager we would have a manager who is on par with Mourinho with the psychology but without the mind games.

Brasileiro
24-05-2009, 18:29
Leonardo as our new coach would probably be one of the worst ideas ever. It's not that I don't trust his capability as a coach, but he is our only useful scout. Over the years, he has scouted well and negotiated even better to bring us the only good signings we have had. And yet, we want to take him away from the job he is best at to put him in a position that he has no experience with. To make things even worse is that we don't even have anyone that can possibly replace him in his old position. As miserable as our mercatos over the last few years have been, taking Leonardo away will only make our mercato even worse in the future. I hope the airheads in hte upper management see that and realize what a big mistake that is.
Nahhhh...Galliani&Co just need to read more the "Kaká´s father..." thread if they want to know the right players to buy in Brazil!! The record speak for itself...:smileani::grinser:

Back to Leonardo...the so famous(in Brasil) Jornal Nacional, already said that Leonardo will be the new Milan coach:
http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Futebol/0,,MUL1165369-9842,00-LEONARDO+ASSUME+COMO+TECNICO+DO+MILAN+EM+JUNHO.html

They are very reliable when the subject isn´t politics nor the candidate is from the Left. So, if not out of this world happens, I bet it´t true. Leonardo is our new coach.

GeoTav
24-05-2009, 18:33
Like Mrki said, Gourcuff announced tonight, after receiving a trophy (best player of Ligue 1) that he wants to stay in Bordeaux ...

So if you read my last post I think in the Gourcuff topic + what he announced, it's now 99% sure he won't come back.

Christian
24-05-2009, 18:42
If Leonardo becomes coach, Brasileiro could become our new scout in Brazil :sun:

Terrible news about Gourcuff... Despite the game against Roma being a really entertaining game, if you were a neutral, the loss coupled with the thing with Maldini and now this thing with Gourcuff, has made this one of the worst days ever to be a Milan fan :(

GeoTav
24-05-2009, 18:46
If Leonardo becomes coach, Brasileiro could become our new scout in Brazil :sun:

Terrible news about Gourcuff... Despite the game against Roma being a really entertaining game, if you were a neutral, the loss coupled with the thing with Maldini and now this thing with Gourcuff, has made this one of the worst days ever to be a Milan fan :(

Yeah, all news and the result and things that happened were negative this Sunday ... like you say, probably one of the worst if not the worst day as a Milan fan.

Brasileiro
24-05-2009, 19:02
If Leonardo becomes coach, Brasileiro could become our new scout in Brazil :sun:

Terrible news about Gourcuff... Despite the game against Roma being a really entertaining game, if you were a neutral, the loss coupled with the thing with Maldini and now this thing with Gourcuff, has made this one of the worst days ever to be a Milan fan :(
I accept the scout job, and it will bea cheap for Football standards;) :)

Regarding Gourcuff, it´s early to believe it is his real intention. If I was him, I would have said the same thing, since the way he left Milan. A little love from the new coach(or from Carlo) and theres no way he snub Milan(IMO).

The Maldini thing is a shame, but it´s good to show the real face of the Ultras. I realy want to see the face of people(some from MM) that think this guys are the real Milan fans...

Imo the defeat will do wonders for our future. If Berlusconi don´t wake up now(and give Carlo or Leonardo quality players), I have no more hope...

Blacktop
24-05-2009, 20:25
Terrible news about Gourcuff... Despite the game against Roma being a really entertaining game, if you were a neutral, the loss coupled with the thing with Maldini and now this thing with Gourcuff, has made this one of the worst days ever to be a Milan fan :(

Well, after having an outstanding season that resulted in lots of awards and (obviously) being the main catalyst in Bordeaux winning the league title as well as qualifying for the CL, and coupled with our horror show today, I wouldn't want to come back to Milan either.

If the reports are true, he's doing the right thing by staying. He's the main man over there right now.

slifersd
24-05-2009, 21:20
Imo the defeat will do wonders for our future. If Berlusconi don´t wake up now(and give Carlo or Leonardo quality players), I have no more hope...

I respectfully disagree here. Over the years, the lessons of bad players=bad results have been taught to us many many times. And yet, Berlusconi never learned that lesson because his desire is to use the smallest amount of money to achieve the greatest results. Between glory and money, he always choose the second one nowadays. That means, without securing the CL qualification, we won't have any money whatsoever to spend on the market.

With all our competitors signing numerous good players, we are already lagging behind. If we continue to wait, then we will be picking up leftovers again rather than signing the WC players we need. If, for God's sakes, we miss out the 3rd place and end up having to play qualifcation stages of the CL, then we won't be signing crap until we qualify like what happened in 2006. And we all know how that mercato worked out for us. That is why I think this loss was absolutely awful for us, especially since it was also Maldini's last home game.

As far as Gourcuff is concerned, did he actually say he has decided to stay or just he would like to stay in Bordeaux? To me, it is kind of pointless for him to stay there after achieving everything possible in France. I mean, what else does he have to prove? That he can win a championship playing 1 against 11? He is at the right age to move abroad and he must be thinking about joining a superpower after the season he's had. So, I guess he probably just said what he said as a courtesy to the team that revived his career rather than his final decision.

Gabriel489
24-05-2009, 22:11
I think Gourcuff will come back as long as there is a new coach.

Reza
24-05-2009, 22:14
I respectfully disagree here. Over the years, the lessons of bad players=bad results have been taught to us many many times. And yet, Berlusconi never learned that lesson because his desire is to use the smallest amount of money to achieve the greatest results. Between glory and money, he always choose the second one nowadays. That means, without securing the CL qualification, we won't have any money whatsoever to spend on the market.

With all our competitors signing numerous good players, we are already lagging behind. If we continue to wait, then we will be picking up leftovers again rather than signing the WC players we need. If, for God's sakes, we miss out the 3rd place and end up having to play qualifcation stages of the CL, then we won't be signing crap until we qualify like what happened in 2006. And we all know how that mercato worked out for us. That is why I think this loss was absolutely awful for us, especially since it was also Maldini's last home game.


Saying Berlusconi has always been like that is overly harsh. Implying that splashing money is always the solution is not 100% true either.
In the case of the former that has been true for some (mostly recently) years only. The latter we can look at many examples, often mentioned on these pages, to see how often and how well it works.

Gabriel489
24-05-2009, 22:31
The thing is that, I still think Berlu spent money, he just spent them on the wrong players.
Dida is costing Milan about 9Mil per season before tax. What the heck had he done for us?
Same thing for Sheva.
Emerson costed us 5mil on transfer fee and 6mil per season before tax, what had he done beside being crap?
Senderous costed us 2 mil this season, had he played like a 2 mil salary defender, mind you that Santacroce does not make 2 mil a year.
Seedorf, beside walking up and down the pitch makes 10mil before tax? Do you know how much Hamsik, Givonco, Motta, De Rossi makes?

DO you know that our salary expenses are more than ManU, Barcelona and Real.

It is no surprise that we are in financial crisis as we are over paying players way too much. Instead of overpaying on transfer fees, Berlu just loves to overpay his players' salary.

Blacktop
24-05-2009, 22:38
Yeah, all news and the result and things that happened were negative this Sunday ... like you say, probably one of the worst if not the worst day as a Milan fan.

It was as if every malaise this team has experienced since Istanbul was all couched into a single afternoon, then it finally blew its top like a volcano.

Just goes to show that even a nonviolent act such as yesterday puts just as black a mark on calcio, and, in this case, can't ever be reversed.

Gabriel489
25-05-2009, 01:43
Any news today? Like Leo being the coach.....

GeoTav
25-05-2009, 02:32
I accept the scout job, and it will bea cheap for Football standards;) :)

Regarding Gourcuff, it´s early to believe it is his real intention. If I was him, I would have said the same thing, since the way he left Milan. A little love from the new coach(or from Carlo) and theres no way he snub Milan(IMO).

The Maldini thing is a shame, but it´s good to show the real face of the Ultras. I realy want to see the face of people(some from MM) that think this guys are the real Milan fans...

Imo the defeat will do wonders for our future. If Berlusconi don´t wake up now(and give Carlo or Leonardo quality players), I have no more hope...

Next Sunday will be the last day for Bordeaux to buy him ... he said that on French TV in front of all the people from football and his coach, and the negotiations started last week. So I expect them to announce he will stay in Bordeaux maybe just before or just after their title (they need a draw, I don't see them losing).

Gabriel489
25-05-2009, 03:26
Once again if Gourcuff stays at Bordeaux, it is Galli's fault for extending that clause. All he needed to do was to say sorry, you miss your chance to sign Gourcuff, hahhhaa.
But no, he has to say it is okay to extend.

I really hope Gourcuff will come back and play with us next season, as I can see how Kaka, Pato and him starting a new era for us.

GeoTav
25-05-2009, 03:35
Once again if Gourcuff stays at Bordeaux, it is Galli's fault for extending that clause. All he needed to do was to say sorry, you miss your chance to sign Gourcuff, hahhhaa.
But no, he has to say it is okay to extend.

I really hope Gourcuff will come back and play with us next season, as I can see how Kaka, Pato and him starting a new era for us.

This clause is set with a limit-day to the 31st of May since the beginning of the loan ...

Gabriel489
25-05-2009, 03:39
I thought the clause was for on or before May 15, 09.

Anyway, lets have a poll and see if Berlu will come out next Monday and say Gourcuff is coming back and having the French Player of the year coming back to Milan is like winning the CL........

Gabriel489
25-05-2009, 03:40
On another note:

Newcastle Utd is relegated due to poor play, actually more to do with poor MGT all over the place.
I hope Berlu take lessons from this as without Kaka and Pato, we will just be a mid table club if not fighting relegations

Jeff
25-05-2009, 03:41
I think it's now increasingly clear that Ancelotti should not stay at Milan. The top management team really is not devoted to Milan's wellbeing anymore, and if they are, then Gailliani and co. are misguided.

It's probably better off for Carlo to go and venture somewhere else, and let someone else to take over the mess and start a new cycle of again.

edited: Yes I saw it and yes it's always the management team. I think after watching how MIlan goes up and down, I'm fairly confident that Gailliani (and Berlu?) has to take a large share of the blame.

not Carlo, not Dida, not anyone else. It's the management.

GeoTav
25-05-2009, 03:49
Did you notice how everything that could lead us to a small crisis come from Berlusconi himself and not Galliani ?? Galliani who likes medias (like Berlusconi anyway) tried many times to calm down the things these last weeks ...

Gabriel489
25-05-2009, 04:08
SO ALL IT TOOK WAS A HORRIBLE SHOWING FOR JEFF TO JOIN OUR SIDE, HAHAHAHA.

Jeff, for real, I always stated that Carlo is just not the right coach for Milan anymore and it has nothing to do with his tactics(even though I disagree with) or playing Seedorf....

Say what you want about MVB is not a good coach or Leo has no exp....the fact is, if MVB is our new coach, I will expect at least 3 great signings plus T. Silva and Gourcuff. Great signings actually mean WC signings like Santacroce or Vidic, Benzema and a FB.

I think MVB is learning his trade as a Coach. Ajax failed but that team is not a good team to begin with, esp when they sold their leading scorer in Jan. As for Holland, well, mind you that beside the Russia game, I don't think Holland lost a match since 06 World Cup. Thats something people tends to forget. Also during the Euro, Holland was never the fav. due to their defense. It was after the first two games that people began to say they are the fav. to win.

Therefore, if MVB comes and with Tassotti and Baersi as assistant coaches(more like defensive coordinators) and have Maldini as a pure defensive coach(more like defensive positioning coach). It might work.

Gosh, I am making the coaching staff of Milan into an American Football coaching staff.

goose
25-05-2009, 04:16
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may25b.html

Well, here's the article in re Gourcuff from channel4...

This Milan team is in big trouble. Yes, they will qualify for the CL but may be matched up with a strong side for the qualifying round. Which Milan will lose if management flops in the market again. And in economic times such as this and looking at the track record in recent years, you can pretty much anticipate another cheapskate-style summer market.

Buckle up ladies and gents.

slifersd
25-05-2009, 05:36
Once again if Gourcuff stays at Bordeaux, it is Galli's fault for extending that clause. All he needed to do was to say sorry, you miss your chance to sign Gourcuff, hahhhaa.
But no, he has to say it is okay to extend.

I really hope Gourcuff will come back and play with us next season, as I can see how Kaka, Pato and him starting a new era for us.

Come on, man, stop being naive. Galliani put that clause in there and extended it for a reason, money! Personally, i believe that the management is hoping for Bordeaux to exercise the option and buy him off. That way, they can use the excuse that "they had the option, and there was nothing we could do about it" while counting the cash with a smile on their faces. As they see it, Ronaldinho and Seedorf are much better than Gourcuff and thus made Gourcuff expendable. With the cash collected, they can also make a couple of phoney baloney signings to "strength the team". You know, the exact same strategy they used last summer. Think about it, even with Gourcuff having such a monster season over there in France, did we ever even sounded like we really wanted him back? Between Ancelotti downplaying his performance constantly, Galliani not commenting on the guy until about last week and nobody else even keeping contact with him, they sure know how to show the guy some love.

Gabriel489
25-05-2009, 07:44
Like someone said awhile ago, the Milan MGT are a joke.

Seriously, if this continue, Berlu should sell the club to someone who actually cares

Astafjevs
25-05-2009, 08:02
Carlo is the right coach for us. There's no way he should leave.

Siregar
25-05-2009, 08:06
Carlo is the right coach for us. There's no way he should leave.

Carlo WAS. :)

kastriot
25-05-2009, 08:52
Carlo is the right coach for us. There's no way he should leave.

Run man....Mrki is coming...:w209::w209:
:respect:

Astafjevs
25-05-2009, 09:16
Carlo WAS. :)

I think he still is. He has the love of the players. He has immense experience. He has been hindered because we are buying players he does not want. It is not his fault that he's lumbered with people he doesn't want to use.

Snapster
25-05-2009, 09:28
Get rid of the meddling baldy first, and Berlu too if he does not want to show the commitment that Milan should have.

Carlo has not been supported as well as he should have been but he is not without his mistakes, would he still play slowdorf if he had all the players of his choosing?

You can only continue a cycle if you tweak it gradually all the time to keep it in running optimum. We haven't invested (which is really the key word here) in players that could carry us on, instead we bought second hand brand named parts and kept topping up the oil every now and again, eventually the engine will crack without new parts!

New cycle, top to bottom! 20+ years of super highs, but also many many lows where we cannot even defend a decent lead, and the opponents know it! 5 players at least are needed to challenge for the CL title, never mind replace the wish wash that's on our bench!

Gabriel489
25-05-2009, 09:52
U see, we all feel like crap and it might feel like the end of the world, but if we beat Viola next Sunday. We will be happy and the MGT will come out and say, great to be back in the CL....

The truth is that, maybe Berlu just do not want to invest players for Carlo, at least that what I hope.

M.O.I.
25-05-2009, 11:17
Run man....Mrki is coming...:w209::w209:
:respect:

HAHAHAHAHAHA good one mate!!

Brasileiro
25-05-2009, 13:19
Imo Berlusconi needs to step up. It ´s pretty naive to think that Galianni(and not Berlusca) has the last word on everything on Milan. He´s the man that rule the money, so, he´s the one that needs to step up.

Look at the most praised manager in todays game: Alex Fergusson.

His team was amazing when we trashed them, but even with so much depht, next year he bought 2 promising(and with some experience) and expensive youngsters in Anderson and Nani. Also, at the same year, he came to Brazil, and with banana´s money bought 2 of the most promising youngsters in Brazil youth NT team(Rafael and Fábio).

Don´t forget that before we go for Pato, Fergusson come to Brazil and bought Rodrigo Possebon from Internacional after see him playing in a youth tournament. If that´s nothing, last week he bought a left-back called Dodô, from Corinthians. He´s the starting left-back of Brazil under-17 NT that recently won South America under-17 Championship.

So, in a position that is lacking quality in the entire world(left-back), he already had the Brazil NT under-20 and under-17 starter in Manchester...and all that paying cheap. Look, I´m not saying Milan need to buy all these brazilian promises, what I´m saying is that if we are with financial problems, and lacking quality in several position, we need to be more agressive and smart where the prospects are amazing and cheap.

It´s no coincidence Manchester is winning everything right now...Fergusson is great, but he also has the support to win. He has a amazing first team, and already depht with a second team full of promising youngsters and experienced(and quality) players tha could be starters in several big teams in Europe. Theres no coincidence in high level Football, period.

We came here and bought Grimmi(sp?) for the left back, who wasn´t even hyped in South America, but let a guy like Marcelo goes to Real Madrid for almost 6 Millions. The same with Fabio or Rafael. These are young guys we could have be molded for the way we play, teaching more defensive fundamentals, and let they grow as a real fullback...and they were bought for no more than 6 millions for God sake!!

Look, I´m talking about south American players because I´m used to se these guys playing more, but the same thing can be said for European youngsters.

I hope they prove me wrong on the field, but I can´t understand we go for young guys like Cardaccio, Grimmi and Viudez, and let others european teams to buy the youngsters that proved to be amazing in South American Championshisps and World Cups youth tournaments. Talk about throw money for the window...

Last week, the only player contesting Hernanes as the best in Brazil(and to be fair, is outplaying Hernanes) was bought by Benfica. Yep, Ramires, the best player in Brazil right now, was bought for 7 or 8 Millions for a club that is through a huge technical and MGT mess...

As I said, it´s just a example, and i´m talking about South America, but with the money used with the purcahse of Senderos, Ronaldinho, Grimmi, Viudez and Cardaccio(these 2 deserve more time to prove them) we could have now Rafael, Fabio and Hernanes/Ramires in red and Black...imo, much better players and bets.

Gabriel489
25-05-2009, 22:20
The thing with Milan and ManU is that, Fergie to showing everyone week in and week out that he is willing to play youngsters even if the season is on the line, while Carlo is showing everyone that he will rely on his old guards(SEEDORF) week in and week out.

IF I am a young player like those you mentioned, even if I love Milan and want to play there since I was a baby, I would still consider my options before signing with them b/c I know it will be hard for me to have a chance to play. Just look at Mattioni, Viudez, Cardaccio, Gourcuff, Flamini(before all the injuries and switching to RB) and Pato(in the beginning of the season when Borreillo and Pippo were healthy). Even though I can't see how these players train in Milan, but I am pretty sure Mattioni, Viudez and Cardaccio trains hard but yet they still can't even break into the bench. Then they see guys like Seedorf, who plays like crap all the time get a chance to play all the time, or players like Senderous or Kaladze who even themselves know they are not ready to play after their injuries and yet still start games after games.

I would not play in Milan either.
As for Ramires going to Benfica, I think he signs with them knowing that all he needs is to do well for one season and a club like Milan will come knocking.

gregapenny
26-05-2009, 04:36
Looks like Hernanes will wear Milan shirt next year...

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/articolo23761.shtml

Great news, I think brasileiro will be very happy if this happens... :)

Vulli
26-05-2009, 05:14
Leonardo, a single desire: Hernanes

mrki
26-05-2009, 05:58
Run man....Mrki is coming...:w209::w209:
:respect:

Im here :) Carlo is the right man yes, for losing 10 points per season, or more, just becouse of wrong setup over and over again. After comical start, then some games we did well, then some too defensive again, then 1 point in 3 last games and we again need to fight for CL place.... still some see Carlo as the right man. After two horrible seasons by Milan tactically.

But the poster that wrote it is familiar to me from acmilan-online. Welcome here man! Hope you stay for a long time!

I've heard some news from the game Milan-Roma about the ultras and its about Maldini and a rounp of 500-1000 ultras with "Barone" and some meeting Maldini didnt show up on few days before the game, some protests he made etc. Whatever he did he didnt deserve it, I was very sad seeing Paolo like that.

Also, friend of mine, who is not a kid but a serious person wrote a post on "MM sa Balkana". He is one of the co-founders of officlay Milan culb in Croatia ( Rijeka ), has season tictet etc. A serious fan of Milan.

Anyway, Abbiatti was in Croatia with one of the doctors who is croat, he was recuperating and doing some work in a place called Novi Vinodolski. One member of Milan club Croatia spend few days with him, drinking cofees etc. Abbiatti was very diplomatic about the situation in Milan ( so was Baresi when he visited Milan club Riujeka and was asked about the coach etc.) but in the end he said it has all gone to hell coz of the way Berluconi and Ancelotti act. Ancelotti is doing whatever Berlusconi asks him to do mecato wise, and players do not enjoy the tipe of football Carlo plays. He also said that some "Seniors" do not run and dont care coz they know they will play. that there isnt enough work etc.

There is no reason he would lie, it simply has no sence, I know him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

About Hernanes - its a great player. Since Brasiliero talked about him I started to follow him when I can. He shows a lot on the pitch amd would do well in Milan. But the regret is that we could use the money from Yoan to pay for him. Which is sad :(

Adding Gourcuff ( zero euro!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) and Hernanes to our midfield can mean we can sell Seedorf and Dinho the next day, we dont need them then.

Berlusconi's daughter has some strange plans again! To sell Kaka' etc...

its enough, we are not Arsenal. Berlusconi, Galliani, Ancelotti were all insulted by the ultras on sunday. Fans asked for money from Berlusconi and work from Galliani and exit for Carlo.

If we were to play serious football Berlusconi has to insert serious money. There is no other way ( all that you can do is watch them play :) :) )
. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_IwvA6pY8

Buy 4 players, bring Yoan and start playing for real. Enough of sophistic ****!

boring
26-05-2009, 06:01
Diego to Juventus official. They've got their Gourcuff but strangely we seem to be missing out on ours.

mrki
26-05-2009, 06:05
And ours is free and probably needed few phone calls during the year and some guarantees! But hey, Pirlo, Seedorf, Dinho all have huge wages so...

As I said, Yoan never payed enough dinners to Ancelotti to play more.

fLame
26-05-2009, 07:14
Anyway, Abbiatti was in Croatia with one of the doctors who is croat, he was recuperating and doing some work in a place called Novi Vinodolski. One member of Milan club Croatia spend few days with him, drinking cofees etc. Abbiatti was very diplomatic about the situation in Milan ( so was Baresi when he visited Milan club Riujeka and was asked about the coach etc.) but in the end he said it has all gone to hell coz of the way Berluconi and Ancelotti act. Ancelotti is doing whatever Berlusconi asks him to do mecato wise, and players do not enjoy the tipe of football Carlo plays. He also said that some "Seniors" do not run and dont care coz they know they will play. that there isnt enough work etc.

fabulous! put Abbiati, a man who was won it all, as our new coach :rone:

There is no reason he would lie, it simply has no sence, I know him.

I have a friend, and he is the coolest dude eva!.. and he says that Milan had a great season. (a juve fan also) :dcool:


Berlusconi's daughter has some strange plans again! To sell Kaka' etc...


lol... she told me the same thing, when we were getting drunk with her last weekend :horny:

mrki
26-05-2009, 07:25
lol... she told me the same thing, when we were getting drunk with her last weekend :horny:

Its from calciomercato.

Christian
26-05-2009, 08:10
Looks like Hernanes will wear Milan shirt next year...

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/articolo23761.shtml

Great news, I think brasileiro will be very happy if this happens... :)

Woah, nice. Here's the translations courtesy of google. (http://translate.google.com/#)

Defined what will be the technical staff at its disposal, Leonardo began to focus on what will be the first Milan at its disposal. The basics of supply-buying campaign, as always, will be in the hands of the company: in addition to the objectives already clear for some time as Mexes and Adebayor, though, AC Milan will try to fulfill a desire of new coach with a player always appreciated: the midfielder San Paolo Hernanes.

Once again Leo has focused his gaze to his St. Paul to try to strengthen and rejuvenate the BrasilMilan. Hernanes has long followed by the Milan manager, who, because of departure Beckham and uncertainty about the future of Ambrosini, sa well as the midfield needs a major reinforcement, capable of combining quantity and quality. Hernanes, not surprisingly, is defined by the experts a couple sort of Emerson, a man of strength and quality able to placed in front of the defense and handle the ball recovered precisely what Emerson "old" had to be and is not state.

In addition to excellent references, Hernanes brings with it another pro is that of a very high cost theoretically not many European clubs-all on the Inter, went very close to 24enne paulista, but also Liverpool, Lyon and Valencia-have for withdrawn after the time you set up a negotiation. With 12-13 million words, the tag of the Brazilian could be detected. His prosecutor, Mustafa Demir, has recently admitted the existence of a contact "with an Italian club is very important." At that time, many associated the name Inter, instead, is the other team in Milan.

Hernanes card would be a major puzzle increasingly green and gold of Milan, which provides, in addition grafted to Thiago Silva, launch Mattioni and, perhaps, the arrival of another Brazilian team followed by the Via Turati, the lateral Juan del Flamengo left: and in fact, thinking about it, Zambrotta and Jankulovski, in fact, enter into the already rich Wee clan of over 32.

ACMILAN1983
26-05-2009, 09:56
It'd be great to get Hernanes in Milan as he could be the perfect addition to our midfield set up for the long term. His ability to play Pirlo's role would add some good competition for the role and he's also able to play the role Ambro currently occupies. It would add an interesting dynamic to our squad to have him.

My only worry is bringing him in may mean we may have to accept losing Gourcuff, though I think both can come without many problems.

There's also rumour of Juan (as the post above says) from Flamengo. Can't say I know much about him, but he doesn't seem to have been particularly impressive in his career. Maybe Brasileiro can give a little insight.

Fret
26-05-2009, 10:03
This all seems promising :5schal:
The very thing that we need. Also Gorky IMO should be top priority, who knows, maybe the guy turns up to be a fluke in Milan in the end but we have to give him a PROPER CHANCE.
But there's also one more thing (that I hope)......IF Milan get Ronaldinho back in shape, I mean 100%, then it would be the best "purchase" this summer.

Defense.......I already feel like a parrot repeating myself :)

Arildonardo
26-05-2009, 10:04
People are still going on about Mexes... :hah2:

I think he is one of the most overrated players around and that he is one of the main reasons why Roma have conceded 59 (!!!) goals in 37 Serie A matches this season. Only Bologna, Reggina and Lecce have conceded more goals. A disgrace! I'd rather keep Favalli or even Senderos, would be much cheaper...

GeoTav
26-05-2009, 10:16
People are still going on about Mexes... :hah2:

I think he is one of the most overrated players around and that he is one of the main reasons why Roma have conceded 59 (!!!) goals in 37 Serie A matches this season. Only Bologna, Reggina and Lecce have conceded more goals. A disgrace! I'd rather keep Favalli or even Senderos, would be much cheaper...

I'm ok with the fact that Mexes is overrated ... but not with what follows in your post.

Last year, we conceded 38 goals with Nesta playing.
This season, we conceded 35 goals, there is still one game to play but we won't concede 3 goals or more (I hope ...), so our defence was actually better, on paper, than last year, or at the same level, like you want.

Does that mean that Favalli for example is better than Nesta ?

Don't forget the many injuries in midfield and in defence (especially Juan) from Roma ... they have suffered as much as us from these injuries.

PS: Just noticed we are the second defence of Serie A this season ... so weird because we never felt as bad with our defence as this year.

Arildonardo
26-05-2009, 10:26
I'm ok with the fact that Mexes is overrated ... but not with what follows in your post.

Last year, we conceded 38 goals with Nesta playing.
This season, we conceded 35 goals, there is still one game to play but we won't concede 3 goals or more (I hope ...), so our defence was actually better, on paper than last year, or at the same level, like you want.

Does that mean that Favalli for example is better than Nesta ?

Don't forget the many injuries in midfield and in defence (especially Juan) from Roma ... they have suffered as much as us from these injuries.

PS: Just noticed we are the second defence of Serie A this season ... so weird because we never felt as bad with our defence as this year.
No, that does not mean Favalli is better than Nesta. There are of course many reasons why a team concedes a lot of goals, it's not only up to the defenders or the goalkeeper. I just stated that I think, from what I've seen, that Mexes has played a big part in his team conceding a lot of goals. He's error-prone and his poor disciplinary record doesn't help and I don't think he acts like a real defensive leader. I'm not blaming him for all of Roma's conceded goals though...

He would cost quite an amount of money and I think they could be spent more wisely, or not at all in this case. :)

mrki
26-05-2009, 11:56
There is a meeting in France and Gourcuff could be their player for 13-14 mln. We are truly pathetic. Galliani is an idiot. His moves in past 3,4 years are looking comical.

Hasan Rossonero
26-05-2009, 12:35
There is a meeting in France and Gourcuff could be their player for 13-14 mln. We are truly pathetic. Galliani is an idiot. His moves in past 3,4 years are looking comical.

Hmm...This link seems to suggest that Galliani wants to take back Gourcuff:
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=7625

Blacktop
26-05-2009, 13:13
So many posts to reply to, so I won't bother quoting them all.

It's not the first time Abbiati has openly criticized Ancelotti for whatever reason. Surely you remember when he wrote a stinging editorial about him on his site in 2004.

We've conceded 35 goals mostly due to a craptastic defense. Our GKs have been solid, which has resulted in about 14-15ish clean sheets (don't know the exact number) this season, but we've also had too many games in which we've conceded multiple goals, such as Sunday and the four-goal stomping by Juventus.

I don't doubt we can whip Dinho's ass back into shape. It's his mind that needs it more than his body, though, because we need him to remember that a game goes on for 90 minutes and not before he makes a great play.

Finally, if Berlu and Galliani were abducted by aliens and whisked off to Mars, with someone halfway competent taking their places, I wouldn't care if Carlo stayed until 3010.

boring
26-05-2009, 13:16
so weird because we never felt as bad with our defence as this year.

We've been extremely lucky to not concede more goals. To think of the number of times smaller clubs have bossed us in our defending third, it feels like one's supporting a mid table club rather than AC Milan. The defending was shambolic at times but it was the midfield that was the biggest culprit this season.

boring
26-05-2009, 13:18
Hmm...This link seems to suggest that Galliani wants to take back Gourcuff:
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=7625

Translation

The Milan rivuole Yoann Gourcuff. It seems that Adriano Galliani has gone yesterday in Bordeaux to meet with President of giorndini Triaud Gourcuff and the same who said yesterday that he does not regret staying at the court of Laurent Blanc. The excellent services provided by Breton trequartiusta this season have convinced the leadership in Rivoli rossonera back next season and there are rumors that this shipment as its principal occult Leonardo, the main candidate to rossonera bench next season, which would focus on him to give new impetus to the midfield rossonero.

Hope this is true.

Christian
26-05-2009, 13:49
Well in reality Galliani could be in France to sell Gourcuff... Not that I don't think he wants him back, because, let's face it, Gourcuff is worth alot more than 15M euros.

mrki
26-05-2009, 15:41
I hope we are not THAT stupid to sell him. The coldness from Milan towards such a good and young player is remarcable! How is it even possible that Gourcuff comes out in papers and says noone calls him from Milan managment?? Its not normal.

Player of the year in France cant play instead of Seedorf, Ambrosini and this Dinho... yeah right... not to mention "honey legs" ( his nickname) Pirlo.

Christian
26-05-2009, 16:03
Transfermarketweb says we're interested in Garath Barry, and again Hernanes. They're elaborate as always:

ITALY/ AC MILAN, Hernanes is the new target
13:15| Giuliano Nesti

AC Milan club officials are interested in Sao Paulo's Brazilian midfielder Hernanes.


ITALY/ AC MILAN, New top target from England ?
16:39| Eddy Akoglu | read 1154

UK media sources are claiming that AC Milan officials have offered 5 million Euros to Aston Villa for midfielder Gareth Barry.

Rossoneri Fuego
26-05-2009, 16:40
gareth barry i hope its true but fact is not many english players leave england... i wouldnt catagorize him as a super star but man i remember last year the transfer saga between aston villa and liverpool wow......
now hernanes wow that would be huge it would make our team so much younger....yoann,kaka,,hernanes,flamini etc...we still need someone else in the back 4 besides t.silva who mattioni?...and what happned to Antonini? and galliani saidd Albertazzi is suppose to be called into the 1st team next campionato?

xvr11
26-05-2009, 16:49
In retrospect, how many euros was pato?

I say this because, Pato after 1 year of full starting is already on pace to be a phenom and has proved it at OUR CLUB.

Gourcuff is playing well in FRANCE in a weaker league.

Though different positions, its comparible with the ages.

HO-YOUNG
26-05-2009, 17:07
I just got to watch the UEFA Cup Final and Shaktar had 5 brazilians in their attack... they were very impressive... not even brazil national team had that much Samba about them as that shaktar attack... but i was most impressed with their captain and right back Darijo Srna... i think such a player should be in our starting Eleven... for those of us who watch the match it was clear that he is faster than every one in our backline...cuts well in midfield and links well with the front line... he also has a very good cross... i think he is the third best right back... next to Maicon and Dani Alves...

Then there are two italian world cup winning defenders... Barzagli and Zaccardo... i think we can get one of them on the favorite Milan "cheap"... Barzagli played well for Wolfsburg all season...

Gourcuff should be in our squad next year... since we did not sign Diego from Werder... Seedorf can give up the number 10 shirt and go jogging with his dog...
it is very clear that we need more creative players and goals out of our midfield...

We dont need Adebayor if we are going to have the same coach... reason being:
1. We dont attack enough for 90 minutes...
2. We dont create the amount of clear cut chances per game for adebayor to miss 65% befor he scores 1 goal...
we can look at a Dzeko... i watch him play most saturdays but never knew he scored so many goals... i always pay attention to Grafite...

We dont need to sign big name players who are expensive and are at the peak of their game... we can sign players who are on the rise...

And we need to re think this Milan family policy... some players are at milan collecting money under false pretence...

Christian
26-05-2009, 17:16
I to was very impressed by Srna in the UEFA cup final, truth is I have hardly watched him besides that though. But everyone keeps praising him, calling him stuff like 'the most underrated player in the world', etc. and I can see what they mean.

Milannews.it did a list of potential targets:

Goalkeepers:

Marchetti (Cagliari) 30%

Defenders:

MEXES (Roma) 60%
LUISAO (Benfica) 30%
KJAER (Palermo) 10%
ASTORI (Cagliari) 10%
ODDO (Bayern) 100% (Potential new offer)
EBOUE (Arsenal) 20%
CLICHY (Arsenal) 5%

Midfielders:

GOURCUFF (Bordeaux) 75%
HERNANES (Sao Paulo) 45%
MARIGA (Parma) 30%
ABATE (Torino) 75%
DI GENNARO (Genoa)

Forwards:

KEIRRISON (Palmeiras) 25%
ADEBAYOR (Arsenal) 10%
PALOSCHI (Parma) 90%

Mystik
26-05-2009, 17:27
Do those percentages represent the likelihood that we will sign the particular player?

Christian
26-05-2009, 17:35
yea, according to MilanNews.it ofcourse.

hitmannq8
26-05-2009, 19:42
At first when we were linked with Leonardo I wasn't too sure I was happy about it...but after the rumours today, I am finally opening up to the idea and I am so happy we decided to go with him. I am judging Leo from what we know of him so far as a player, as an intelligent person, as a scout...we still have no idea what kind coach he's going to be, but he is a very smart person I am sure he won't be that bad.

I also am ecstatic about the news that we are being linked with Hernanes - this must mean we are in for a new Era of players as well as a coach. I just wish we could give Gourcuff one more chance, or rather should I say, I wish Gourcuff would give us one more chance after the treatment Carlo's been giving him last year (and this year through the press).

FORZA LEONARDO!

Bosniaco
26-05-2009, 21:58
At first when we were linked with Leonardo I wasn't too sure I was happy about it...but after the rumours today, I am finally opening up to the idea and I am so happy we decided to go with him. I am judging Leo from what we know of him so far as a player, as an intelligent person, as a scout...we still have no idea what kind coach he's going to be, but he is a very smart person I am sure he won't be that bad.

I also am ecstatic about the news that we are being linked with Hernanes - this must mean we are in for a new Era of players as well as a coach. I just wish we could give Gourcuff one more chance, or rather should I say, I wish Gourcuff would give us one more chance after the treatment Carlo's been giving him last year (and this year through the press).

FORZA LEONARDO!
I think Gourcuff spent two season with us and got the same treatment in both years :)

I think he has an average of 15 games per season with us.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 00:54
and about 15 mins per game.

Jeff
27-05-2009, 01:29
HE shouldn't come back. There will not be any room for him when Ancelotti is here.

Once Ancelotti is gone, he'll be given a second chance, and hopefully thrive!

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 01:36
I actually read that both Galli and Leo went to talk to him.
I guess that pretty much confirmed Leo being the coach and telling Gourcuff that he will be starting.....

Imagine a midfield of Hernanes, Flamini and Gourcuff, with Gattuso, Ambro. Abate and Beckham on the bench.

Thats look alot more like our midfield of the early 90s.

zafrul
27-05-2009, 01:49
I actually read that both Galli and Leo went to talk to him.
I guess that pretty much confirmed Leo being the coach and telling Gourcuff that he will be starting.....

Imagine a midfield of Hernanes, Flamini and Gourcuff, with Gattuso, Ambro. Abate and Beckham on the bench.

Thats look alot more like our midfield of the early 90s.

Galliani and Leo? Interesting...

However, Milan seems to be losing more n more Italians in the XI line up... The midfield won't have italians, unless Pirlo plays, which means leaves Kaka and Pato to attack... Silva is deemed our back bone in defence...

Can only think of Abbiati and Zambrotta...

hitmannq8
27-05-2009, 02:18
^ yep I've thought about that myself. A scary thought indeed, we should consider G.Rossi, Cigarini, Santacroce serioiusly I think.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 02:36
Well, the thing is Italians in general are lacking depth in talents.
For example, Santacroce, Chellini and Santon are probably the only three IT defenders that's worth signing. In midfield, Givinco, De Rossi, Aqualini and Cigarini.
In strikers, beside Cassano, G. Rossi, Balatolli and Aquceca, there ain't a lot of players to choose from.

And most of them are not for sale or we just can't get their club to sell them to us.

I don't think Milan will have 4 IT players in the starting lineup in 5 yrs time, unless Abate, Di Gennaro, Darmian and Albertezzi really become the players that we all hope they could.

Koeke
27-05-2009, 03:28
I don't think Milan will have 4 IT players in the starting lineup in 5 yrs time, unless Abate, Di Gennaro, Darmian and Albertezzi really become the players that we all hope they could.

And that's a shame! Barca plays the best football there is, they gonna play the CL final with 7 players out of their youth system. So it's possible
(and bear in mind Fabregas isn't one of them.)

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 03:40
Like I said, unless guys like Abate, De Gennero, and others fulfill their potential and more.

Trust me I would love to see a Milan have Viviano in net with back four of Santon-Santacroce-Chellini-De Cigle, a midfield of De Rossi-Flamini-Gourcuff with Kaka and Balotteli and Pato upfront. And a bench of Rossi, Crisito, Antonini, Gattuso, Macheda and Motta in 5 yrs, but I don't think thats quite possible

mrki
27-05-2009, 04:09
I actually read that both Galli and Leo went to talk to him.
I guess that pretty much confirmed Leo being the coach and telling Gourcuff that he will be starting.....

Imagine a midfield of Hernanes, Flamini and Gourcuff, with Gattuso, Ambro. Abate and Beckham on the bench.
Thats look alot more like our midfield of the early 90s.

I would like to see Hernanes-Gourcuff-Gattuso-Srna playing in 4 man midfield.
Or 5 man midfield that inserts Flamini in there with Yoan playing free central role like in France and Kaka' more upfront etc.

Im sure Gattuso is a better player then Flamini still.
-----------------------------------------------------

About Srna, as someone asked. I really and truly believe he can play in any club in Europe. But he is a strange man who is payed more then 4mln per year and loves playing in Ucraine. He'll leave if is bought by top 5 clubs. But he can play fullback to absolute top level for sure. You all saw Euro's and WC's with Srna, he never played poorly.

Ceceves
27-05-2009, 04:13
Well, the thing is Italians in general are lacking depth in talents.
For example, Santacroce, Chellini and Santon are probably the only three IT defenders that's worth signing. In midfield, Givinco, De Rossi, Aqualini and Cigarini.
In strikers, beside Cassano, G. Rossi, Balatolli and Aquceca, there ain't a lot of players to choose from.

And most of them are not for sale or we just can't get their club to sell them to us.

I don't think Milan will have 4 IT players in the starting lineup in 5 yrs time, unless Abate, Di Gennaro, Darmian and Albertezzi really become the players that we all hope they could.

Maybe they just need to be given a proper chance. Just look at Motta at Roma. He went from Udinese (sitting on the bench if I'm not mistaken) to playing very well for Roma and getting called up to the national team.

There's also players like Consigli, Canini and Bocchetti (I think we were linked with the last two in the summer), Pisano (LB at Cagliari), Nocerino, Dessena and so on. These are not world class players, but have potential.

I'm not saying we should be buy those players for our starting XI, but some of them would be better to have on our bench than certain washed up players with no hunger and no room for improvement.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 04:25
I think Motta in Roma is pretty interesting, someone who can't break into the starting 11 of Udinese but being able to start for Roma.

Canini, Dessena and Nocerino are useful players and I would love to have them on our bench, but I doubt they want to sit on our bench though. And it is pretty pointless spending 5-8mil on a players to sit on the bench. Then again, we are Milan and thats kind of what we do.

GeoTav
27-05-2009, 04:57
Canal + group announces on his several sports channels that Ancelotti is officially replaced by Leonardo and that Kaka' is going to sign in few days in Real Madrid ... how can they know such things when Milan didn't announce anything ??

Ceceves
27-05-2009, 05:01
I think Motta in Roma is pretty interesting, someone who can't break into the starting 11 of Udinese but being able to start for Roma.

Canini, Dessena and Nocerino are useful players and I would love to have them on our bench, but I doubt they want to sit on our bench though. And it is pretty pointless spending 5-8mil on a players to sit on the bench. Then again, we are Milan and thats kind of what we do.

I didn't mean for them to sit on the bench permanently - with their youthful hunger they could (hopefully) shake things up and increase the competition for the starting spots. Some of them would crack the starting XI, other wouldn't but at least they'd keep the older players on their toes and therefore raise the level of the team altogether. Of course this might not happen with Carlo at the helm but under a new coach, maybe.

Anyway, if we want to win the scudetto and CL again we'll need to have a strong (= expensive) bench. Just look at how many, many millions teams like United and Chelsea have spend on their benches.

kakacmilan best
27-05-2009, 05:01
Tony?
http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/articolo23774.shtml
Leo?
http://www.sportmediaset.it/calcio/articoli/articolo23781.shtml
Paloschi?
http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/articolo23721.shtml

Nalx
27-05-2009, 05:22
Canal + group announces on his several sports channels that Ancelotti is officially replaced by Leonardo and that Kaka' is going to sign in few days in Real Madrid ... how can they know such things when Milan didn't announce anything ??

LOLL.. Did Berlu invite them to the meeting with Carlo?

Snapster
27-05-2009, 05:24
Well, the thing is Italians in general are lacking depth in talents.
For example, Santacroce, Chellini and Santon are probably the only three IT defenders that's worth signing. In midfield, Givinco, De Rossi, Aqualini and Cigarini.
In strikers, beside Cassano, G. Rossi, Balatolli and Aquceca, there ain't a lot of players to choose from.

And most of them are not for sale or we just can't get their club to sell them to us.

I don't think Milan will have 4 IT players in the starting lineup in 5 yrs time, unless Abate, Di Gennaro, Darmian and Albertezzi really become the players that we all hope they could.

Which is also dangerous given the rules that Uefa want to introduce the 6+5 rule, we don't want to be in a position like Inter, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc having to offload alot of players to comply. It's also one of the reasons why teams like this are buying foreign players when they are 16 so they can bend the rules a little.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 05:28
Well, I think regardless of what is going to happen, we should really invest in youth, meaning keep signing players who are 16 from all over the world who shows potential.

It is interesting that everyone is assuming Carlo is leaving, Leo is coming and Kaka will be signing with Real.

If Leo is really our next coach, Kaka is going nowhere and I am pretty sure Adraino will sign with us in the Summer.

Christian
27-05-2009, 05:28
I think Motta in Roma is pretty interesting, someone who can't break into the starting 11 of Udinese but being able to start for Roma.

Canini, Dessena and Nocerino are useful players and I would love to have them on our bench, but I doubt they want to sit on our bench though. And it is pretty pointless spending 5-8mil on a players to sit on the bench. Then again, we are Milan and thats kind of what we do.

In my opinion Marco Motta has turned into perhaps the second best Full-back in the serie a, after Maicon. Now that's a player I would like in Milan ... It's pretty amazing that a club like Roma could find a star like that in serie a.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 05:29
LOLL.. Did Berlu invite them to the meeting with Carlo?

Ofcourse Berlu did, and Elvis was also there too.

mrki
27-05-2009, 05:30
I wouldnt be surprised if we bring Toni to Milan. Or if Juve gets him. Cheep player that we dont need anymore.

About Kaka' we'll have to wait. But if Berlčusconi sells him he can sell the club next day and **** off.

GeoTav
27-05-2009, 05:35
Berlusconi also did he will do all he can to push the club higher again ... I read that on Calciomercato, he also said that Milan is the best when he is there, when he's far from the club, the club has difficulties. Modesty ... :D

mrki
27-05-2009, 05:39
Milans ultras, people who most likely know more then we do, have expressed what they think about Berlusconi and his "investments" in past years. Its clear that Silvio is not investing anymore. This money is clubs money ( I know its his club, but you get the point).

Selling Kaka' has no explanation except for taking money to rebuilt the squad. Instead of building it around our best player - Kaka'.

GeoTav
27-05-2009, 05:40
They know better ?
These same ultras were the ones who booed Maldini ...
They are idiots ...

mrki
27-05-2009, 05:43
On that they were truly idiots. It was horrible to see. But they know some things from inside the club we dont. On Maldini issue I have no words to express how wrong it was.

GeoTav
27-05-2009, 05:47
But actually, ultras are groups of people like you or me at start who chose to be together in an official association to support the team ... I don't think they really know more things than we do (except what they can see in trainings when the trainings are open to crowd). Of course, they now have some kind of power, but for some of these ultras groups, their power is linked to violence, so I won't give any credit to these ones.

Christian
27-05-2009, 05:54
I would like to see Hernanes-Gourcuff-Gattuso-Srna playing in 4 man midfield.
Or 5 man midfield that inserts Flamini in there with Yoan playing free central role like in France and Kaka' more upfront etc.



Can't have both Srna and Hernanes, cause of EU-passports. Would be happy if we spent our last eu-slot on one of them though.

About the Ultra's as far as I know they're a bit more involved than regular fans. Since the different groups are very old, and have alot of history. Apparently some players hang around with them.

rinogattuso
27-05-2009, 06:40
According to few sources Braida has spoken with Luca Toni and we have some good chances to bring him to Millanelo..is that good or bad..;S;S

ACMILAN1983
27-05-2009, 06:53
As far as I'm concerned, the ultras culture should now die, it's time for Italian football to move forward and quite honestly the ultras offer little in football now. It's not the same as 10 years ago when ultras were a little more restrained and controlled and genuinely did have links with the club. These days, the directors of clubs (Milan in particular) don't get on with ultras, so I doubt very much the ultras will know more than fans who follow Milan daily.

Anyway, There's no point in worrying too much about not having a huge number of Italians. I'm personally optimistic that in the long term we can place faith in at least a few of our Italian youngsters playing a part in the Milan side (whether it be first team or the squad). Guys like Di Gennaro, Abate, and Paloschi (who especially I have high hopes for) have a bright future in the game. Then there are still potentials like Darmian (although it's not looking good now) and Albertazzi.

We do need Italians to come in, but besides Santacroce few seem like they are attainable and ready for Milan. De Rossi is a player I'd love at Milan (I'd even consider him ahead of Hernanes), but he just seems so hard to get. That said, with Roma's financial problems, I'd actually consider approaching them and seeing if there's any possibility, though I doubt that'll happen. Santacroce for me has been a must buy for ages and my opinion doesn't change on him.

Beyond that, I really struggle to think of players we can get for positions we need. In attack, the only likely option is G.Rossi, but he isn't the type of forward we really need. Beyond that, no options really seem available. Same goes for midfield, where Italy has a lot of quality, but considering we probably need a playmaker, who's a better option right now then getting Gourcuff back for free? As for other midfielders, we don't necessarily need starters, and so the best options are probably upcoming talents who are making important moves in Italy at the moment. Considering we own 2 of them (Abate and Di Gennaro), there's no need to look for new players for the squad when these two can add quality, but more importantly dynamism. I guess if Di Gennaro still needs experience, we could push for a guy like D'Agostino who is doing really well this season.

Finally in defence, we need a starting CB and I think people are getting sick of hearing my preference (who's Italian). We desperately need a wing back of high quality. However, this is one area where Italy is currently lacking. So I think we'll buy a foreign player for the role (maybe bringing Antonelli back for the bench?).

I could also talk about GKs, where we'd just need a backup and Italians are available for this (or just bring back Storari).

My point is, we need a lot of quality to come in. For starting roles, few Italians appear ready to step up at a club like Milan, where I really hope for one Italian to come in, and maybe two if we're lucky. However, there are some excellent Italian prospects around and we actually own some of them. We need to give these guys chances to settle at Milan before looking ahead at trying to get other Italians.

Until that time, looking ahead to next season, we're likely to have at least 4 regular starters that are Italian (Abbiati, Zambrotta, Rino and Pirlo), and that's potentially 5-6 when considering Nesta and Borriello. Not too bad for the moment, despite the obvious fact they're ageing. However, there's enough time to pick up or let other Italians grow before they're brought in.

martin
27-05-2009, 07:31
According to few sources Braida has spoken with Luca Toni and we have some good chances to bring him to Millanelo..is that good or bad..;S;S

I think this is highly likely as Bayern just purchased Gomez. He is the type of striker we need; Serie A experience, has played big games, target man. He has everything n he mite come for cheap. I am not really concerned about his age, because as long as he performs well for 2-3 years, we get our moneys worth. He also mite be a decent replacement for pippo. The only negative i see is the effect it will have on borriello. I think that if borriello were fit, him n pato might be ideal partners, and i would prefer we added no strikers at all this summer mercato. However, if we must buy a striker, its much better to buy toni than waste all that money on adebayor.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 07:43
Toni to Milan, it all depends on how much? The thing is that, if Leo is really the new coach, would he asks for someone younger like Dzeko or Benzema.

TO me, if Toni really comes to Milan, it means another year of Carlo and his slowpack of Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaladze and Favalli.

Hasan Rossonero
27-05-2009, 08:57
If Berlusconi sells Kaka', I will not watch Milan next year. Even if they are doing well. It will be a massive let down, and we will set a precedent that will allow us to be bullied by big clubs in the future.

If Kaka' is sold, no Milan for me next year or even ever. After saying, we will get reinforcements etc. this would be one lie too far.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 09:11
I really doubt Berlu will sell Kaka as its just show that we sucks and what happened to New Castle this year will happen to us next year.

Hasan Rossonero
27-05-2009, 09:22
I really doubt Berlu will sell Kaka as its just show that we sucks and what happened to New Castle this year will happen to us next year.
The silence is deafening, and the rare denials unsure. I really fear Kaka' will don the Real jersey next year. We have so much debt, and Berlusconi will not invest anymore, so he will sell. I just hope he sells the club then. I am sick of him.

ACMILAN1983
27-05-2009, 09:56
Our debt isn't as bad as in the past and other more high profile clubs are in much MUCH worse debt. I doubt Berlu will sell Kaka because he cares too much about his image, and he knows full well that selling Kaka (especially after Man City in Jan) would kill his image completely.

Hasan Rossonero
27-05-2009, 09:58
Our debt isn't as bad as in the past and other more high profile clubs are in much MUCH worse debt. I doubt Berlu will sell Kaka because he cares too much about his image, and he knows full well that selling Kaka (especially after Man City in Jan) would kill his image completely.

I hope you're right. Man am I worried. :r7:

Rick
27-05-2009, 10:20
I hope you're right. Man am I worried. :r7:

Stop worrying. It's just the same idiotic crap we go through every year. It's been less than two weeks since Kaka pledged his future to the club and said he's not going anywhere. Kaka is under contract until 2013. Berlusconi is one of the wealthiest men in the world, so whatever debt Milan has is not that big a deal. Silvio isn't stupid. He's not going to sell the club's best and most popular player to pay off a debt he could write a check for without blinking an eye if things were that serious. But for some reason European newspapers hire "journalists" (and boy do I use that term loosely!) who have nothing better to do than sit around all day trying to make connections that aren't there (they must have all worked for the Bush Administration during the leadup to the invasion of Iraq). :v46:

rinogattuso
27-05-2009, 10:22
Esclusiva Tmw, l'agente di Toni: "Luca resta al Bayern"

Maltese Charlie
27-05-2009, 10:40
I'll think that Kaka this time goes to Madrid.

Berlusconi gave too many hints now, like we cannot compete with the petroleum bosses and with clubs with lower taxation, and the City story was a preparation for this summer.

The debt of this year is around 60 million and Fininvest is not ready to take it on its shoulder, so with the selling of Kaka it will be cleared completely and Milan will have a clean sheet before starting the preparations for next season.

Hasan Rossonero
27-05-2009, 10:43
I'll think that Kaka this time goes to Madrid.

Berlusconi gave too many hints now, like we cannot compete with the petroleum bosses and with clubs with lower taxation, and the City story was a preparation for this summer.

The debt of this year is around 60 million and Fininvest is not ready to take it on its shoulder, so with the selling of Kaka it will be cleared completely and Milan will have a clean sheet before starting the preparations for next season.

I think the same. We will be losing another huge player, and it is all the fault of management for not investing earlier. If they had, we would have played in the Champions League, and been able to make a lot of money. Sometimes I wish we had an owner like Moratti, who opens his wallet to take care of expenses.

Fret
27-05-2009, 10:46
Well, it would be better then to sell slowdorf, and ronaldinho to Man City or Chelsea.

HO-YOUNG
27-05-2009, 11:01
Which is also dangerous given the rules that Uefa want to introduce the 6+5 rule, we don't want to be in a position like Inter, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc having to offload alot of players to comply. It's also one of the reasons why teams like this are buying foreign players when they are 16 so they can bend the rules a little.

i dont think that rule will come tru because of other overriding rules which has to do with employement and discrimination and stuff... the whole EU thing has a lot to with it...

We should launch a petition to get Srna in... he is a Croat like our beloved Boban... can Boban encourage him to Join Milan?

M.O.I.
27-05-2009, 11:08
yes,this time it looks pretty clear that kaka has really great chances of leaving..it would be even more clear although if we got gourcuf back..but it seems our managment has other priorities,maltese charlie is right..

if ancelotti stays then it becomes certain that kaka is leaving,although "the genious" doesnt want gorgy back,he still wants a target forward playing with pato,and he would still play seedorf and pirlo most of the matches,that means that he wouldnt care that much of kaka's deparure..he would then have to choose 4 players between seedorf-pirlo-rino-flamini-dinho-ambro-beckhs(?) for his medfield..and even if he wants kaka he wont ask it.because he is coward clown

if leonardo comes its a totally different situation,he was the one who brought kaka.This would be his first coaching job,and it would be really risky for him to get a squad inferior to ancelotti's..also he is brazilian,and since he is that gifted of finding and persuading great talents(attakingly) then he would for sure pressure galliani and berlusconni to keep kaka..

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 11:11
The thing about selling Kaka, if Berlu wants to sell the club, there is no way he will sell Kaka. Secondly, Berlu cares about his image more than anything and if he sells Kaka, it does not help his image at all.
AS for our debt, well, it is only 60mil or so. All we have to do is get into the CL and win it or at least get into the final 4 and that debt will be gone. On top of that, cutting players like Sheva(9Mil before tax), Dida(8mil), Kalac(4Mil), Emerson(7mil), Maldini(4mil), Seedorf(8mil), Kaladze(7mil), and Senderous(4mil) That will save tons of money.
Beside, I really doubt Milan will no longer invest money anymore.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 11:13
Another thing, if there is a new coach coming for Milan, I am pretty sure the first thing he would ask is, I need KAKA on the team.

Maltese Charlie
27-05-2009, 11:17
I think the same. We will be losing another huge player, and it is all the fault of management for not investing earlier, so we wouldn't have so much debt. Sometimes I wish we had an owner like Moratti, who will open his wallet and meet expenses.

I don't blame Galliani, I'll think it is coming from Fininvest. In plain words it is coming from Silvio or his children.

I am also very angry with Berlusconi especially for the way how he handled the Ancellotti saga, the team had 9 matches in a row playing good with results, then he opened his mouth and the team lost all his psychological strength and lost 2 consecutive games. And I am also not feeling positive for next Sunday

Berlusconi in these last years was always repeating that Milan should learn how to start walking on its own feet.

Since Berlusconi bought Milan it was always running on debt, year after year.
So if this now is going to change there is no other alternative but to sell the best player before his price start to depreciate.

To go for this policy I believe there is a valid reason, although it is unknown to me.

HO-YOUNG
27-05-2009, 11:22
The silence is deafening, and the rare denials unsure. I really fear Kaka' will don the Real jersey next year. We have so much debt, and Berlusconi will not invest anymore, so he will sell. I just hope he sells the club then. I am sick of him.

If he invest in the club and sign players that will make Milan the strongest club in the world... (89-91) then our debts will be over in a few years... If we win the champions league 2 years in a row we will have a lot of money...
we are currently wasting monet paying wages of players such as Seedorf who is not cutting it from last year... Ronaldinho... and many others...
if we sell kaka we should buy Gerrard and Essien...

if chelsea owner wants to win the champions league so bably he should sell Chelsea and buy milan... we hav a tradition of winning it without even playing good.

i can remember the commentator saying "who will score first today, VanBasten or Ruud?"
these days it's how can Milan score today?
Inzahgi spoils most of our attacks because he is offside... if he wasnt offside we would have a lot more one on one with goal keepers...

Snapster
27-05-2009, 11:30
i dont think that rule will come tru because of other overriding rules which has to do with employement and discrimination and stuff... the whole EU thing has a lot to with it...

We should launch a petition to get Srna in... he is a Croat like our beloved Boban... can Boban encourage him to Join Milan?

It already is reality. I know there is the EU law and there is nothing legal that can be done about clubs employing over the quota. What they have done is make it part of the competition rules for the Champions League and Uefa Cup/League rules.

Basically, you can employ whoever you wish, but if you want to play in this competition you must abide by our rules.

johncharles365
27-05-2009, 11:41
sometimes having a short term loss it preferable to sell good long term assets, kaka is the assurance that milan will make the cl spot for the next 5 years. if we sell kaka just to clear a debt rather than using the cash to build a new team we will condemn milan to the europa cup or worse. The debt was run up by berlusconi offspring it is their responsibility to clear it, if they didn't work for their father it is likely that both of them would be fired. if the management hadn't colluded in the calcio poli scandal it likely that milan would have greater yearly revenues and also likely that milan would have attracted better players to the club. as company milan has failed to find innovative ways of gaining new revenue streams, if milan invested in the infrastructure of the club it is likely that would higher returns. if milan are going to be competitive in the future we have to sell players like seedorf, dida, oddo, kaladze, kalac and get rid of shevcenko, beckham and senderos plus getting rid of at least 50% of player on 50/50 deals at very least milan would save 30 million of the wages bill. getting rid of these players may prove to be almost impossible but must rather than selling a player in the prime of his career just to cover up managerial mistakes.

Reza
27-05-2009, 12:45
Good post johncharles365, it is very clear that whatever monetary issue the team is in hasn't been helped by the decisions made. But it is not true that Milan is in a worse decision than every other big team, as has been mentioned here if it is 60 millions that's nothing. We must not forget other big European teams (outside of the EPL) have creative ways to hide their problems unless it reaches the magnitudes of Valencia, then it has no way of being hidden.

HO-YOUNG, your last sentence regarding Pippo is astounding to say the least, you are entitled to your opinion of course.

Gabriel489
27-05-2009, 13:06
Gosh, well, all these stuff about Kaka leaving....at the end Berlu will come out and say, Kaka is staying and we all will thank him....but the fact is, Kaka is going nowhere to begin with.

mrki
27-05-2009, 13:41
60mln is no debt compared to Madrid, Barca, United ( 700mln! ) etc. We are fine if our 60mln dept(minus) is a true figure.

Maltese Charlie
27-05-2009, 14:17
60mln is no debt compared to Madrid, Barca, United ( 700mln! ) etc. We are fine if our 60mln dept(minus) is a true figure.

It is irrelevant to compare with other clubs.

Nobody said that 60 millions are many or few. 60 million are 60 million and they must be paid.

If both Berlusconi from his own pocket or Fininvest as the Mother company refuses to pay, than Milan must pay her debts.


I hope I am wrong but I think that after the 6th June (the european elections), this Kaka bomb will explode.

Reza
27-05-2009, 14:38
I wouldn't say it is irrelevant to compare. It is a competition between teams, one having more debt has to be in more trouble than the one with less and Milan is nowhere near the top team in terms of amount of debt.

Maltese Charlie
27-05-2009, 14:59
I wouldn't say it is irrelevant to compare. It is a competition between teams, one having more debt has to be in more trouble than the one with less and Milan is nowhere near the top team in terms of amount of debt.

The point iis that if other clubs for example Inter will make 150 million debt and Moratti is ready to pay that debt, that is ok. Because fresh money are coming in.

But if another club has even 1 million debt and there is no other way to balance it at the end of the year with fresh money, the club must find a way otherwise even Uefa will not let you to compete in her competitions.

Certain clubs here in Malta even for few thousands Euros were held from these competitions.

Even if big clubs can hide it, Once Berlusconi says that Milan must walk by themselves alone for his reasons, it is irrelevant what other big clubs do.

Reza
27-05-2009, 15:42
Of course it depends on the owner, if Berlusconi refuses to spend then he will certainly sell, we all talk about how reputation is important to him, surely it is worse to be associated with a non-performer than to be associated with it at all.

rinogattuso
27-05-2009, 16:09
Bronzetti: "Kakà will not leave the Serie A"

Ernesto is decent man he don't speak bul**** and same trash!He spoke with Kaka in these days.

slifersd
27-05-2009, 16:12
Ahhhh, the good old Kaka saga is back again. Once upon a time, i was just as nervous and angry at the prospect of Kaka leaving Milan as so many here.

Guys, after so many of the same old stories surrounding Kaka, you guys should learn the lessons that this is simply a distraction/smoke screen to distract us from the actual activity the club is planning. Every summer (and winter this year), Kaka is about to leave for Real Madrid for very very good reasons. And guess what, this summer is no different. Every time, we hear the club officials going on and on about how we just can't compete with the other European powerhouses because the tax situations in Italy. This summer long saga will then make the fans focus their attentions on the Kaka situation instead of the transfer market for Milan. Using this distraction, the club brings in second handed washed up players to fill out the roster and call it a successful mercato because Kaka stayed. The fans, on the other hand, are so relieved by the fact that Kaka is staying that they forgot how crappy our roster is until the season starts and there is nothing we can do about it.

That is how our management operate nowadays, they amuse the fans instead of focusing on the actual task in hand, building a strong team to compete. Ever year, we sign players that are big names but has very little to nothing to offer for the team to make the fans (and Berlusconi) happy. As long as we stay on that course, we will be looking at the exact same situation we are facing right now.

As far as the debt department is concerned, there is nothing to worry about here. The fact is, most sports teams in the world run in red. Even a league as successful as the NBA only has about 1/3 or 1/4 of its teams actually making a profit at all. The key about these debt is that they are only operating debts. That means, the payments are not due today. If you even out the payments over a long period of time, we will be in a fine situation financially so long as we can gather enough revenue. And the revenue will obviously have to come from having great results on the pitch. After all, we can't sell a Kaka every year to balance our books.

Christian
27-05-2009, 16:29
60mln is no debt compared to Madrid, Barca, United ( 700mln! ) etc. We are fine if our 60mln dept(minus) is a true figure.

First of all, are you sure we even have a debt?? Last time that kind of thing was made public I think we didn't have any kind of debt at all. Second the English teams debt comes mostly from building their own stadiums as far as I know. The only team that looks a bit in trouble is Arsenal since they have more debt that the entire club is worth :S

MiamiMilanista
27-05-2009, 20:30
I've seen this in a few places. Old player, but could give us a CL push next season with the right support:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Milan make Toni call Wednesday 27 May, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan's links with Bayern Munich striker Luca Toni are intensifying after a phone call between Ariedo Braida and the Azzurri striker.

Toni has enjoyed a successful spell in the Bundesliga since leaving Fiorentina in the summer of 2007.

But the 32-year-old has always admitted that he would welcome a return to his homeland when the right opportunity presents itself.

That opportunity may be a move to Milan this summer as the Rossoneri look to strengthen for their return to the Champions League.

The Diavolo came within a whisker of signing Toni when he joined Bayern and are still keen to have him on board.

According to the Italian Press, Milan transfer guru Braida spoke to Toni at length yesterday to discuss a possible transfer to San Siro.

Toni's position at Bayern has been somewhat compromised by the arrival of German international Mario Gomez, who is a similar player to the giant ex-Modena man.

With a summer of changes expected at Milan, Toni could be the first signing of the post-Carlo Ancelotti era.

However, Toni has also been linked with Juventus, who are preparing for the departure of David Trezeguet.

Blacktop
27-05-2009, 21:45
I've seen this in a few places. Old player, but could give us a CL push next season with the right support

Shortly after this came out, it was announced that Toni has no intention of returning to Italy.

Ahhhh, the good old Kaka saga is back again. Once upon a time, i was just as nervous and angry at the prospect of Kaka leaving Milan as so many here.

Guys, after so many of the same old stories surrounding Kaka, you guys should learn the lessons that this is simply a distraction/smoke screen to distract us from the actual activity the club is planning. Every summer (and winter this year), Kaka is about to leave for Real Madrid for very very good reasons. And guess what, this summer is no different. Every time, we hear the club officials going on and on about how we just can't compete with the other European powerhouses because the tax situations in Italy. This summer long saga will then make the fans focus their attentions on the Kaka situation instead of the transfer market for Milan. Using this distraction, the club brings in second handed washed up players to fill out the roster and call it a successful mercato because Kaka stayed. The fans, on the other hand, are so relieved by the fact that Kaka is staying that they forgot how crappy our roster is until the season starts and there is nothing we can do about it.
Good post. I myself am sick and tired of the Kaka "crying wolf" schtick that B&G keep pulling out of their asses. And you're right, it is a distraction, one that's going to go for naught when all is said and done, because Kaka certainly will not finish his career here. That much is a given.

mihan
28-05-2009, 00:06
Pro: Milan without Kaka is a better team than Milan without Kaka of last season.
Con: a double size deal from Man City was turned down, Kaka will be a bigger traitor than Sheva, and Berlu and Galliani will be fools.

Kaka for Beckham and Gourcuff for Seedorf or reverse, Kaka has better run and Yoann has better header.

ACMILAN1983
28-05-2009, 03:13
Bronzetti: "Kakà will not leave the Serie A"

Ernesto is decent man he don't speak bul**** and same trash!He spoke with Kaka in these days.

I don't believe anything that comes out of Bronzetti's mouth these days. He talks a lot, sometimes truth, but ultimately that's all it is.

rinogattuso
28-05-2009, 05:04
Guus Hiddink, speaking to his players for their next coach, Carlo Ancelotti has reassured them: "Carlo is like me, the only difference is that it is Italian."

jakob8543
28-05-2009, 05:12
Toni coming to Milan would be an absolute disaster; a player with no future who absolutely choked at the Euros last year. Reminds me of when we signed Rivaldo. What we really need is to bring in lots of young players, even if that means missing out on major trophies for the next couple of years.

rinogattuso
28-05-2009, 06:25
Davide Ancelotti son of our's coach said for Telelombardia that Milan don' want anymore Carlo to be on the bench and probably this is last season for him in Milanello..

johncharles365
28-05-2009, 06:36
toni is amazing no one scores more than 30 goals in serie a apart from him he is not going to be another rivaldo. to be honest milan don't need toni we already a player similar to his style in marco borriello. Marco injury situation is a big problem but i fail to see we can improve on him with toni also prone to injury due to his age. in my it may be obvious signing but Milan need dzeko or kerrison there is no point buying a new striker if the cf is over 27.

ACMILAN1983
28-05-2009, 07:07
Davide Ancelotti son of our's coach said for Telelombardia that Milan don' want anymore Carlo to be on the bench and probably this is last season for him in Milanello..

The press are interviewing Davide Ancelotti now? They should really leave the kids alone.

rinogattuso
28-05-2009, 07:19
The press are interviewing Davide Ancelotti now? They should really leave the kids alone.

I don't see problem here,he is 20 year old he is not a kid anymore..If he want to be professional footbalplayer he must used all things in evrything around him..Davide speaks in name of his father,that is not stile of Ancelotti senior..

offtopics..Anybody does know something about Carlo's Ancelotti book or autobigrafy I think...??

mrki
28-05-2009, 09:08
This is Merda's list: Thiago and Milito are there. Still to come most likely Deco ( who confirmed is unofficial ), Cervalho and Cassano/Arnautovic.

That is a SMART mercato which will creat a polivalent team and add some things in creativity they lacked. Also a classic no.9 and good CB.

Inter will be super team next year, much stronger then they were this season. That doesnt mean we cant be champions of course, but Milan needs A LOT of work in the mercato. Not just CF and one CB as they say.

Fret
28-05-2009, 09:53
I just hope Toni doesn't arrive :pom:

Vulli
28-05-2009, 10:15
I think that with players we should buy : Dzeko, Hernanes, Mexes, Agger and players like Gourcuff, Thiago Silva, Abate we will be very competitive next season

Hasan Rossonero
28-05-2009, 10:18
Trez is available. Would he be a good purchase? What do you guys think?

Christian
28-05-2009, 10:43
Apparently Florentino Perez is gonna announce something big at 19:00 today while presenting his plan as Real Madrid president. It might be Kaka, but it could also be Cristiano Ronaldo.

Hasan Rossonero
28-05-2009, 10:46
OFFICIAL: Gourcuff is a Bordeaux player.

www.tuttomercatoweb.com

So that's 15 million euros towards our debt, I guess.

Ceceves
28-05-2009, 10:56
With the Maldini leaving, the treatment he received, Gourcuff being sold (if it's true) and our management's general lack of interest, I've never felt less like being a Milan supporter. If that big thing Florentino is going to announce is Kaka (can't imagine it though) I just...sigh...

Hasan Rossonero
28-05-2009, 10:57
Gourcuff being sold (if it's true)

It is true. It's on the Bordeaux site.

MiamiMilanista
28-05-2009, 10:57
OFFICIAL: Gourcuff is a Bordeaux player.

www.tuttomercatoweb.com

So that's 15 million euros towards our debt, I guess.

I just saw that as well. It looks like they will take that 15m and spend it on a 33-35 yr washed up, old player if I had to guess. Not very happy with this. Especially for a kid who just never had a chance.

Hasan Rossonero
28-05-2009, 11:00
I just saw that as well. It looks like they will take that 15m and spend it on a 33-35 yr washed up, old player if I had to guess. Not very happy with this. Especially for a kid who just never had a chance.

The only thing I will say is that when he was given a chance, he was slow. But yes, perhaps it would have been better to persevere with him.

Ceceves
28-05-2009, 11:01
It is true. It's on the Bordeaux site.

Well then, what can I say? Just brilliant work by management throughout. From the lack of encouragement he received here last season to incerting that 15m option in the deal with Bordeaux and then not showing any interest in bringing Yoann back during his great season.

M.O.I.
28-05-2009, 11:07
OMG!!
come on hassan!!the word "official" is my favourite market word..but that was awful
we re so pathetic..i cant believe those people..there ar no words do describe my total dissapointment this year,and now this..I HAVE NO WORDS

f* i was sure we would get him back
retards
and noone can really say that he had his chance..

its also here:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2009/05/28/1291596/breaking-news-bordeaux-sign-yoann-gourcuff-on-four-year-deal

_MaJi_tz
28-05-2009, 11:16
I can bealive this we sold mvp of france nacional league....bravo galliani and now what carlo didn t want him now he ll leave to chelski and we lost yooan for all time....
Bravo Galliani and company....

ACMILAN1983
28-05-2009, 11:19
To me this Gourcuff deal only adds to what we need this summer. We now need to add quality to the midfield as he was supposed to be the players coming in (at least in the plans of most people).

There's not much to say other than it's been a really lousy week.

Christian
28-05-2009, 11:22
@%#%... this is the worst week in my entire life as a Milan fan... At least Barcelona won yesterday, if Manchester United had won I might have considered switching my interest to another sport like Curling or synchronized swimming.

Fret
28-05-2009, 11:25
Great job, Milan management.......it's like we gave all control to Moratti this season to ruin Milan as much as he can.

mrki
28-05-2009, 11:28
This is just one of many comical moves by Galliani and Carlo. Whats next? Bringing Toni and "paying" for Hernanes 10mln so we can say we bought somone? When in fact we spent nothing.

Our behaviour towards Gourcuff was absolutely unprofessional and subjective! Im disgusted.

since we sold Sheva Berlusconi is not paying anything and he can **** off if he doesnt want to be in Milan for real anymore. I dont care about what he has done. He is not my god or my king, I dont owe him anything. Credits are over now from me as a fan.

Whole football world laughs at this. No serious club would let this happen. only Milan at this point. Pathetic.

prle
28-05-2009, 11:47
we are becoming a REAL joke!!!!
i dunno wtf berlu and co. are thinking,but this is bulls...t!!!!we sold the next Zidane!!!!!!

Hasan Rossonero
28-05-2009, 12:13
we are becoming a REAL joke!!!!
i dunno wtf berlu and co. are thinking,but this is bulls...t!!!!we sold the next Zidane!!!!!!
Nasri was also touted as the next Zidane.

We definitely sold a promising player.

Rick
28-05-2009, 12:44
Why is everyone so upset about Gourcuff? It was pretty obvious all along that his future wasn't in Milan. Let him play another season for Bordeaux before they ship him off to Arsenal.

Meanwhile, Milan can take the money they just pocketed, spend part of it on bringing in Hernanes and use the rest toward other players. The sky is not falling.

And, as I said a couple of pages back, everyone should chill out about Kaka as well. This just in from Sky Sports:

Kaka happy in Milan
Brazilian superstar unfazed by ongoing Real reports

By Nadia Carminati Last updated: 28th May 2009

Kaka has once again looked to play down rumours regarding his future by pledging his allegiance to AC Milan.

Reports continue to link the Brazilian superstar with a big-money summer move to Real Madrid.

Kaka has grown accustomed to the ongoing furore surrounding his position in Italy, and has never suggested that he is looking to leave his current employers.

That remains his stance for now, as the former World Player of the Year insists he is happy at the San Siro.

"I have always said that I feel really good at Milan," he said.

Kaka insists his sole focus at present is to ensure that Milan book a safe passage into the group stages of next season's UEFA Champions League.

A third place finish, or better, in Serie A would allow Carlo Ancelotti's side to achieve that ambition, but their final game of the 2008/09 campaign takes them to Fiorentina this Sunday - the only side who can overtake them.

"It's going to be a special week, a really delicate one," said Kaka.

"We are facing a really difficult task, but we must ensure that we get into the Champions League."

Acmir^
28-05-2009, 12:47
"The confidence that Laurent Blanc and my team-mates put in me since the start of the season, the club's ambition for the following season, and the support of the fans, have made me make this decision."


you won't see this in Milan especially from Carlo, that's his main weakness and his stubborness

Acmir^
28-05-2009, 12:53
sorry double post

Acmir^
28-05-2009, 12:55
Meanwhile, Milan can take the money they just pocketed, spend part of it on bringing in Hernanes and use the rest toward other players. The sky is not falling.


Why buying someone unproven in europe when we could've have the French MVP back, how do you know the same thing wouldn't happen with him also, ending up loaned to another team. At least Gourcuff is a far better player than Hernanes. It is obvious that he's not for Milan only because of Carlo not having confidence in him and ruining him just like he did with Gila.

mrki
28-05-2009, 13:14
Even if Milan buys a player Leonardo wants ( Hernanes ), that is NOT an investment from Berlusconi and Milan. That is 15mln from selling young and talented player.

We start our mercato from +15mln, lets see how much Milan will spend in the end. Im betting on 2 good players and one that will replace lost Gourcuff.

Reza
28-05-2009, 13:28
Even if he doesn't become the next Zidane we have lost a big star.

M.O.I.
28-05-2009, 13:43
When i said that we need tranfers before july..MOST of you were sure that after roma match we would anounce sth big(like the new coach,or a new capture)..and furthermore you were questioning inter's moves and juve's..and now you act like nth that big happened with gorky's departure..

Dont worry guys..we might keep beckham!!!!!
and why do we need gorky??we have seedorf for the next decade at least!!

Get used to it,there is no plan for this team's future..

ps.this time its also carlo's fault,he has no excuses..we re doomed..

Filipéz 182
28-05-2009, 13:50
after inter's (motta, milito) and juve's (diego, cannavaro) transfer summer already started finally ours started! we sold gourcuff to bordeaux!

Christian
28-05-2009, 13:59
Everybody is dissappointed that Gourcuff has left, and it's clear that Ancelotti in particular didn't handle the situation very well.

Btw, apparently Daniel Agger hasn't signed a new contract with Liverpool yet, even though it was reported that he had a couple of weeks ago.

slifersd
28-05-2009, 15:11
Man, what happened to Gourcuff is making me laughing off of my chair. This management is funnier than the Simpsons nowadays. I guess i am not too upset about this situation because i am just not that surprised. We all knew this management has no long term plan for the team and couldn't care less about losing one of its most valuable pieces as long as the money is right. From the start, it always kind of seemed like milan gave up on Gourcuff and were counting on that 15 mil they sell him for to finance the mercato.

That, brings out an even more interesting question here, how much money do we actually have for the mercato? I have noticed that since the Kaka saga started again, we have shifted our target from a WC striker in Adebayor (though most of you think he is overrated, he is still an elite level striker) to the old and useless Toni. We went from robbing a top team in the EPL to picking up the leftover from Bayern, no offense to Bayern that is. If we are this desperate for 15 mil worth of cash, then i seriously doubt our mercato budget is as big as it should be. To me, a net spending (that is minus the money we get from selling our players) of anything less than 40 mil will only lead to us forfeiting Serie A in January again. And yet, i seriously doubt we even have 40 mil after all the sales.

PS: I am waiting inpatiently to see how Galliani and the other fatbacks from management explain Gourcuff's situation to the fans. I have a feeling that his response will be priceless.

Jeff
28-05-2009, 15:21
PS: I am waiting inpatiently to see how Galliani and the other fatbacks from management explain Gourcuff's situation to the fans. I have a feeling that his response will be priceless.

They pay the amount listed in the clause, they come to an agreement about the contract. We can't do anything about it.

And no, we didn't put that clause in the contract lol.

slifersd
28-05-2009, 15:25
They pay the amount listed in the clause, they come to an agreement about the contract. We can't do anything about it.

And no, we didn't put that clause in the contract lol.

Galliani (with an angry face): how dare you fans accuse me of failing in the market? we made 300% profit on this one signing alone! And the fact is, we just cannot compete with French clubs any more because the tax in France is so much lower!

Rick
28-05-2009, 15:28
Why buying someone unproven in europe when we could've have the French MVP back, how do you know the same thing wouldn't happen with him also, ending up loaned to another team. At least Gourcuff is a far better player than Hernanes. It is obvious that he's not for Milan only because of Carlo not having confidence in him and ruining him just like he did with Gila.

The French MVP? Hell, Flourent Malouda was the French MVP two seasons ago. It's a second-rate league. Lots of good players gain experience there before going on to bigger clubs, but being the top player in Ligue 1 is no guarantee of success. That's not to say that I don't think Gourcuff is a talented player. He obviously is (so is Malouda). But don't act like having a Player of the Year season in France makes him Zidane. Gorky was an excellent young talent in France before coming to Milan, but what did he really do after he got to the San Siro? Not a whole helluva lot, actually. Three goals and five assists in two seasons? Hell, he started 18 games and played in 33 during his first year (so it's not as though he didn't have plenty of opportunities) and had two goals and three assists. His defense was questionable. He wasn't terribly decisive or all that adept at getting the ball to the forwards in position to score. What he had was potential.

So now he goes back to France and does great against lesser competition. That doesn't mean he would be any more than just a good player at Milan. There are lots of good players out there. so losing one who failed to take advantage of two seasons to prove himself isn't something that's going to cause me to lose any sleep. Sure, I'd have liked to have seen him come back and try to prove himself at a higher level, but c'est la vie. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

And what makes you say that Gourcuff is a far better player than Hernanes? I've only seen Hernanes play a handful of times, but he's an incredible talent. Some who have watched him play regularly believe he is more naturally gifted than Kaka. Has anyone ever said that about Gourcuff? Of course -- like Gourcuff -- he hasn't proven himself at the highest level. The fact that Barcelona made a major play for him last summer (if reports are accurate, they had a bid rejected that was as much as Bordeaux just paid for Gorky) should tell you something.

GeoTav
28-05-2009, 15:46
It's very bad news about Gourcuff, but anyway, we can't blame too much the club ...

Almost everyone here (except some people and myself) were happy to sell Gilardino ... now, let's imagine, he would have been loaned with a clause allowing Fiorentina to buy him, after his season, would you have reacted the same way that everyone does it with Gourcuff who simply showed nothing in Milan ??

Siregar
28-05-2009, 15:54
It's very bad news about Gourcuff, but anyway, we can't blame too much the club ...

We can since it is management's mistake to make such a clause in a promising player. Putting a clause means the management wanted to sell Gourcuff but with pretty much money, not a sum of money matched to his condition in that time. A loan is like only a try for the buyer. It's just like "try it first, buy it later".


Almost everyone here (except some people and myself) were happy to sell Gilardino ... now, let's imagine, he would have been loaned with a clause allowing Fiorentina to buy him, after his season, would you have reacted the same way that everyone does it with Gourcuff who simply showed nothing in Milan ??

Very good comparison I have to admit. Gila was always bad and it's all his mistake. :d6:

acdc81
28-05-2009, 16:01
i don't think you can compare the cases of gilardino and gourcuff. gilardino had plentyful chances to shine whereas gourcuff had so limited time and even less confidence and trust from the coach. under these circumstances kaka would have failed too at milan.

of course yoann made also mistakes but those where minor compared to what ancelotti did.

ps: selling gila was a mistake, he showed this season that with the right support he is a great striker to have. milan just failed to bring the best out of him, what a pity.

spina_don
28-05-2009, 16:07
Guys i think this problems are with Carlo...First with Gilardino, Olivera, Gourcuff...It has to be Ancelotti......He doesn't give much chances and believe in yoann players that's why i really like Pep Guardiola and what he did with Barcelona...Bosquet in first team...very wonderful...Carlo is milan's problem, he should go and i hope that Berlusconi noticed that anything is possible even without Carlo and a Serie B coach a yr ago Guardiola took Barcelona to the Champions league final and won but not only won but won beautifully...Carlo should go....PLEASE GOD MAKE THIS HAPPEN...CARLO HAS DESTROYED SO MANY PLAYERS...HE SAYS WE DON'T NEED PLAYERS WHEN WE ACTUALLY DO...WE DON'T NEED ABATE? R u kidding? we need a new coach LORD JESUS pls let him leave

mrki
28-05-2009, 16:12
Gourcuff didnt show nothing in Milan. For those who can see it was visible that he can play. He had no confidence, he was played constantly in different roles in complete chaos situations, with B teams, in last 5 min etc. He showed glimpses which needed redirection and assurances. He got backstabbed in his 2nd season when he was a sub for Brocchi/Emerson or whoever.

Seedorf has shamefull season, whole year, without playing at normal level more then 4,5 times. Never got punished...

Anyway, Gourcuff is noz Zidane, Figo etc. He is a talented young player which was threated like he in noone and noone cared untill last week practically. He choose well and I dont blame him. I wouldnt return also if a man who promissed me I will play ( Galliani ) after not telling the truth comes after a year and wants be back in a club with no clear plan.

Galliani and Silvio also did nothing towards Maldini after Curva offended him. Later on they talked how silence is gold and that politic ****! Disgusting. They are cowards and not much more.

For results you need to work. Galliani does what? What are his acomplishments now when Silvio is not paying as he used to? Which players has he found? Pato and Kaka' are Leo's picks. Also Serginho. Galliani brought Stam ( excellent move, on of his best ), Gila ( good move but ruined by coach so obviousely from the beggining), Flamini.

Torres - we werent sure if he's class... Vogel, Emerson, Oddo, Zambro ( ok move ), and all other **** players Galliani brought coz he doesnt work and starts working in july?? Shamefull.

Start working and hire coach who will make his players train hard and fight. That is all I ask from Milan. Results will come. But this is a circus, we lost a great player just coz we were big headed as usual lately.

mrki
28-05-2009, 16:14
ps: selling gila was a mistake, he showed this season that with the right support he is a great striker to have. milan just failed to bring the best out of him, what a pity.

If you have a chance take a look at Gila's first, lets say 15 games in Milan. Look at what he was asked to do on the field and how he lost himself. Then you'll realise what happened.

After that it was right to sell him. He became useless 100%. Lost all of his confidence.

spina_don
28-05-2009, 16:40
Now that Gourcuff is gone the only right replacement that i see is Riccardo Montolivo....He's quite skilled, fast, good passer and scorer...plays similar to Gourcuff n Iniesta...we should definitely get him honestly...plus he defends and attacks too...plus he's young

Christian
28-05-2009, 17:14
For results you need to work. Galliani does what? What are his acomplishments now when Silvio is not paying as he used to? Which players has he found? Pato and Kaka' are Leo's picks. Also Serginho. Galliani brought Stam ( excellent move, on of his best ), Gila ( good move but ruined by coach so obviousely from the beggining), Flamini.

Torres - we werent sure if he's class... Vogel, Emerson, Oddo, Zambro ( ok move ), and all other **** players Galliani brought coz he doesnt work and starts working in july?? Shamefull.


It's rediculess to say that Galliani hasn't brought anyone good, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Shevchenko (1999, 2008 is Silvio's deal), Gourcuff in the first place!, do I need to continue?? He made a mistake, infact he's made loads of mistakes, but show me a club that doesn't do that??

Look at Barcelona's transfers this season, Caceras (16M euro's, prospect, but one of the worst defenders in La Liga this year), Hleb (Worse than Quaresma?). Inter, worse Mercato than us, and guess who was the guy who orcestrated it?? Mourinho that everyone loves to prays... Quaresma, Mancini need I say more??? Two of the worst transfers in the HISTORY of calcio. Liverpool - Robbie Kean (20+ M euro's what the hell??), Real Madrid - Van Der Vaart, terrible... Chelsea - Deco. In fact I'm struggling to find any signings this season for top clubs that has been better than Abbiati and Flamini... Daniel Alves maybe, but he was expensive... Perhaps Lass from Real Madrid. Help me out??

The fact is that Galliani as everyone else, is far from flawless, and he should definetly not have put that clause in the Gourcuff contract, BUT show some respect to a man that build the best team in Europe in the middle of this decade. Everybody rightfully gets upset when people bash Maldini, but when people insult Galliani (Who has spent as long in Milan as Maldini has btw) then it's ok... I'm all for criticism, but do it with some respect...

Hasan Rossonero
28-05-2009, 17:20
Interesting post. But the difference is, Christian, that Barcelona etc. have a long term plan and they get some things wrong. Milan have done very little in the transfer market. As good as Beckham was, he is not a long-term solution. Despite Barca's mistakes, they just won the treble.

I am not too worried about Gourcuff's loss. I'd rather management take that money and buy a good replacement. I don't think Gourcuff was our solution.

Hasan Rossonero
28-05-2009, 17:28
MILAN - Here are the declarations of the Delegate Administrator Adriano Galliani on his arrival at the Lega Calcio in Milan:

ON MILAN'S MOMENT: "On Sunday in Florence we have a fundamental match. The difference between finishing third and fourth is very, very big. We absolutely have to try and enter the Champions League without going through the preliminary rounds. It's true that in 2003 and 2007 we won the Cup after starting from the preliminary rounds, but we won't need to do it a third time."

ON THE NOSTALGIA OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: "It was a great final between Barcelona and Manchester United, but there is no melancholy, also because I want to remind we are the only Italian team which has managed to get to the finals recently, and that we did it three times in the last decade. We can't always be there... We are happy with our eight finals. In Rome there was a great spectacle, it's really true that in the Champions League there is a different atmosphere."

ON THE TRANSFER RUMOURS: "Kaká to Real? Enough, we have been talking about the same things for three months. We'll only talk about the transfer market after the end of the season. Chelsea want Pirlo? Well, that means our players are good, and that we have not just made mistakes on the transfer market... I hugged Abramovich two or three times yesterday, our relationship is very affectionate, as it is with Carlo Ancelotti. But we will also talk about this on Monday, after our meeting."

ON THE JEERS TO PAOLO MALDINI: "I won't talk about these people. I did not speak to Paolo yesterday. As for the dedication to the captain by Pep Guardiola (coach of the newly crowned European Champions Barcelona), it was very sweet, kind, and polite."


acmilan.com

Rossoneri Fuego
28-05-2009, 18:03
is there any damn way we can get ribery?..... i herd we were trying to scoop him up during halfway of the season?..... or if damn carlo stays we can convert pato to a C.A.M. to line up with Kaka' then we have to absolutly no choice buy a striker or get paloschi back.....borriello inzaghi paloschi _____ new striker drogba adebayor we absolutly have to now buy a physical striker..... i really really hope carlo goes we cant play 4321 anymore because pirlo either isnt strong or fast enough anymore... gattuso isnt fit yet OR we buy hernanes?... listen remember if we cant buy a worldclass cb then we have to get a world class defensive midfielder like Xabi Alonso Obi Mikel to protect that back 4....a young milan with current players and hernanes would be in 4321


Antonini,Mattioni,---Bonera,Nesta---Albertazzi,Silva,Senderos---Zambrotta?

flamini---gattuso---hernanes---

kaka'--------------- pato

---Borriello,Paloschi,Inzaghi----a new striker drogba,adebayor,dzeko,

im trying to be damn positive so dont blast me

last time i herd that bayern wanted 35 mill for franck mabey he likes our club and will take less or we secretly have more i dont know....but we had no choice the release was so low for yoann 15 mill....i just dont get it??

Samaldinho
28-05-2009, 18:39
Frankly, I don't care about Gourcuff. I don't understand why people are getting mad at Galli, he could do nothing. In the contract it says, if Bordeux come up with 15 million, then Gourcuff is their's.

Here is the other thing, if Gourcuff WANTED to come back to Milan, he would have. I don't like moody players who complain about a coach as to whether they can succeed or not. Frankly, Carlo is consistently ranked as one of the best coaches to work with by Maldini, Beckham, Pato (who credits Carlo with his rise), and many other players.

If the Milan players want Carlo, shouldn't they get to keep him? Do we want to be like Chelsea, moving coaches around constantly, even when the players want consistency?

If Gourcuff had some backbone, some ambition, he would take the challenge of Milan, or at least try and go to a larger team. He is scared, he likes to play in the smaller league of France so that he can be called great, but never challenge himself.

So really, I'm glad Gorky is gone, he never impressed me besides glimpses of potential. I don't think that someone who doesn't want to fight for Milan should be in Milan, and don't see why Carlo, who wants to stay, should be the one we want to go. It seems opposite of what we should want.

I don't think that a midfielder was something Milan needed, or needs. We also only need to see how Boriello is doing in order to establish what sort of striker we need to invest in. I hope Paloschi returns to Milan, that way the line will be Pato-Boriello-Paloschi-Inzaghi. Kaka can push up if need be.

Our midfield is our strength, with Gattuso returning, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Kaka, Seedorf, and Dinho, I don't think we really need anyone. Plus, Janku can push up and Beckham has been playing very well in the Milan colors. So what is the problem at Milan?

Again, it is clearly our defense that is the only real issue. I think Milan should literally spend all our money on defenders. As many have said, Santacroce is one of the most talented young defenders that are out there, and seems perfect for this team. I would have brought Cannavaro back for a season, but Juve beat us to it.

I like the idea of Andrea Esposito, since Lecce have just been relegated we can grab him for cheap, plus he's played very well on a poor team. He could be adequate backup for Santa/Nesta/Thiago.

We are making it seem as if our club is going to sink like Newcastle, the reality is that 3-4 good signings, and Milan is back amongst the elite. I think the most important thing is to make sure Kaka is healthy, the last two seasons he has not, and Milan have suffered.

kawiki
28-05-2009, 19:46
the mercato hasn't even begin yet, but we already made stupid move...

Question: if we buy a non-EU player from another Italian club, would it still use the 2-non EU spot? If it doesn't, then I would really like to see Takayuki Morimoto from Catania to Milan. He seems promising to me, and the fact that he already play for Catania means that he already adapted to Italian football. As I recall, even Pato praised him. And, he should be not expensive... It also a bargain move, because if we buy him, our image in Japan will increase just like Perugia's Nakata, and there'll be money coming...

tardissun
28-05-2009, 19:55
Yay! Gourcuff is gone. Now, let's get back to business with the signing of 2 or 3 34+ year old has beens.

Maybe Ba has been training silently this year and could back and start for us.

:d55:

Rick
28-05-2009, 22:33
Now, let's get back to business with the signing of 2 or 3 34+ year old has beens.

:d55:

Oh, you mean like recent signings Mathieu Flamini, Thiago Silva, Felipe Mattioni, Mathias Cardacio and Tabare Viudez?

Gabriel489
28-05-2009, 22:50
Well, to be honest, the most recent signing is Beckham.

Well, Goodbye Yoann and take care.

I actually think that by letting go of Yoann, we will sign Hernanes to replace Seedorf. And also, I think Pirlo will go to Chelsea too with Carlo.
Something interesting I saw after the CL final's game. Berlu whispered something to C7 and C7 just smiled. Do you guys think Berlu said, Come play with Milan, and C7 said sure....
It will be pretty interesting if C7 comes to Milan this summer with Seedorf, Pirlo and Carlo leaving.

On what Galliani said about Milan is the team that made it to the final 3 times in this decade......well, I don't want to attack him about stop talking history and all, but what can he say, Milan is a mess, our players are mostly underperformers and Berlu would rather spend money on his mistresses than on players.

And even if Leo is our coach next year, pls don't expect us to win the treble like Pep. Well, unless we sign Buffon, Santacroce, Canini, Srna, C7, Hernanes, Benzema and recall Abate and Polashi, then we can.

Filipéz 182
28-05-2009, 23:32
Oh, you mean like recent signings Mathieu Flamini, Thiago Silva, Felipe Mattioni, Mathias Cardacio and Tabare Viudez?

why are you even mentioning Cardacio, viudez and mattioni :D they havent played 1 minute of serious football all together! are these brilliant buys? :haha:

tardissun
29-05-2009, 00:41
Oh, you mean like recent signings Mathieu Flamini, Thiago Silva, Felipe Mattioni, Mathias Cardacio and Tabare Viudez?

and of those players, only Flamini has actually had any real playing time - and that was only because of a thinning backline where Flamini was an emergency RB.

Am I saying any of the players you listed are bad? NO! But they have not played, even garbage minutes.

Milan will just stick with it's :1old: .

Gabriel489
29-05-2009, 02:19
Hey, those oldies were part of our three CL finals and 2 CL win. Thats more than what ManU and Barcelona had done in the last decade in CL.

BTW, thats a joke

Vulli
29-05-2009, 03:41
Leonardo New AC Milan Coach

Leonardo will be presented as the new Coach of Milan next Monday, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Milan directors have decided on an internal solution and will call upon director Leonardo.

Mauro Tassotti is likely to be named as his assistant with Filippo Galli taking charge of the youth team.

boring
29-05-2009, 03:52
Here is the other thing, if Gourcuff WANTED to come back to Milan, he would have. I don't like moody players who complain about a coach as to whether they can succeed or not. Frankly, Carlo is consistently ranked as one of the best coaches to work with by Maldini, Beckham, Pato (who credits Carlo with his rise), and many other players.

Carlo may or may not be the "best" coach in the world but the "best" coaches tend to reform and recreate the team. Carlo has complete failed to do that. He's like an old man unable to deal with change around him. I'm not saying he's bad (who can?) but best coaches evolve as the game and the players do. Ferguson, Capello, Lippi have done it for years and are still doing it. For christ sake, Capello even made England into a half decent team!

If the Milan players want Carlo, shouldn't they get to keep him? Do we want to be like Chelsea, moving coaches around constantly, even when the players want consistency?

And who is saying Milan players want him around anymore? They sure as hell won't come out and say the want him gone.Their decline is evident on the field and we don't need a heavenly voice to make it clear. And as far as consistency is concerned, I'm not fan of hiring-firing but if consistency was to grace this club, it wouldve dropped a hint.

If Gourcuff had some backbone, some ambition, he would take the challenge of Milan, or at least try and go to a larger team. He is scared, he likes to play in the smaller league of France so that he can be called great, but never challenge himself.

Wow!

So really, I'm glad Gorky is gone, he never impressed me besides glimpses of potential. I don't think that someone who doesn't want to fight for Milan should be in Milan, and don't see why Carlo, who wants to stay, should be the one we want to go. It seems opposite of what we should want.

I'm sure we've all enjoyed the fight Seedorf, Carlo and co. have put up this season.

I don't think that a midfielder was something Milan needed, or needs. Our midfield is our strength, with Gattuso returning, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Kaka, Seedorf, and Dinho, I don't think we really need anyone. Plus, Janku can push up and Beckham has been playing very well in the Milan colors. So what is the problem at Milan?

The problem is that Carlo isn't pushing Janku up, Beckham hasn't been playing very well (plus he's sucked against quality opposition and he leaves after the next game). If you think the midfield is really good, does that mean you're satisfied with what we produced this season?

Again, it is clearly our defense that is the only real issue. I think Milan should literally spend all our money on defenders. As many have said, Santacroce is one of the most talented young defenders that are out there, and seems perfect for this team. I would have brought Cannavaro back for a season, but Juve beat us to it.

A midfield that can protect even a half-decent back 4 has a big contribution. Clubs like Real and Barca have shown that. With a midfield with no spine except Gattuso, who's going to prevent Zarate or someone else from kicking Thiago Silva's *ss?

Dont worry about Cannavaro, we'll get him the season after the next.

We are making it seem as if our club is going to sink like Newcastle, the reality is that 3-4 good signings, and Milan is back amongst the elite. I think the most important thing is to make sure Kaka is healthy, the last two seasons he has not, and Milan have suffered.

3-4 good signings won't do. Change in attitude is desperately needed which is unlikely to come without Carlo (who's just a pawn for the management, the real culprit) gone.

Nothing personal.. just strongly disagree with what you said.