View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
I think we're going to get rid of Oddo although id prefer getting rid of kaladze, anyways i think we'll get rid of oddo and end up with one of de silvestri or bale, drenthe would be great
I believe until market ends we'll sell/loan Oddo and get De Silvestri... More than that is not going to happen :D
kastriot
22-08-2009, 21:03
While watching the game tonight the commentator said that LEO asked for Kaladze to stay, so he will not be sold, on the other hand he told Oddo that his not considered part of the team, so he needs to find other team by the end of the month,
Rossoneri Fuego
22-08-2009, 21:10
nobody likes zaccardo? i dont think hes bad?
slifersd
22-08-2009, 21:18
nobody likes zaccardo? i dont think hes bad?
oh, man, not Zaccardo! I very rarely dislike a player completely because i always believe that somebody is always better than nobody, but not in this case. Zaccardo is just terrible. Every time i see him playing for the NT, this guy makes some dumbass mistakes that cost his team big time. I would rather keep Oddo, and that is saying a lot considering how i think Oddo flat out sucks).
pirlofanusa
22-08-2009, 23:01
when (Our real captain) Gattuso left the pitch why did he give the armband to Pirlo (Our Vice-Captain) instead of "Captain" Ambro?
Bosniaco
22-08-2009, 23:28
Guys check out Miralem Pjanic, bosnian playmaker. He has replaced Juninho in Lyon. And ofcourse Remember this name for the future, he is going to be a big player. Miralem Pjanic 19 years old Bosnian Gold :)
ACMILAN1983
23-08-2009, 01:56
It's a shame Kaladze looks like he'll stay, but I get the impression we wouldn't get a CB anyway. I believe his contract ends next summer (please correct me if I'm wrong) so will leave on a free then and that's when we can reinforce properly at the back.
We desperately need a FB though, so I really do hope Oddo goes asap.
when (Our real captain) Gattuso left the pitch why did he give the armband to Pirlo (Our Vice-Captain) instead of "Captain" Ambro?
I think in Milan the armband is generally given to a player on the pitch rather than a sub (whoever it is). I might be wrong though, but this appeared to generally be the trend to me.
Maltese Charlie
23-08-2009, 04:51
Regarding the FB if Oddo leaves, La Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Milan real objective is the 24 year old Rafinha of Schalke.
Rafinha can be a player Leo can use well. He is underrated player that is able to play great football up and down. But I doubt Schalke's new coach Magath will let that happen. If he arrives I can tell you one thing: Rafinha is 200% fit, his coach is Magath :) ( that man is crazy...)
Also I wouldnt mind Eboue, aldough people bash him. He had bad season, but is a good player for sure, better then De Silvestri, Zaccardo etc.
And, it would be nice to see Leonardo using Kaladze as a LB few times. Kaladze is more then capable of doing that when he is fit.
Right now Nesta and T.Silva look brilliant! To me it seems Nesta still lacks a bit of pace but he finds it easy to play with Thiago as he covers extreme ammount of soace due to his power and speed. One FB that can defend well would help a LOT.
Cissokho was the man, choosen by Leo. Too bad Silvio didnt let it happen...
Maltese Charlie
23-08-2009, 05:06
It's a shame Kaladze looks like he'll stay, but I get the impression we wouldn't get a CB anyway. I believe his contract ends next summer (please correct me if I'm wrong) so will leave on a free then and that's when we can reinforce properly at the back.
We desperately need a FB though, so I really do hope Oddo goes asap.
I think in Milan the armband is generally given to a player on the pitch rather than a sub (whoever it is). I might be wrong though, but this appeared to generally be the trend to me.
I don't think that the Kaladze stay is a shame. Galliani admit that there were clubs interested in him but he strongly insisted that Kaladze was never on the Market.
So for me it means that in the eyes of Milan management Kaladze is hugely improving not to put him on sale after the recent requests.
As regards the armband I share your thinking.
Guys check out Miralem Pjanic, bosnian playmaker. He has replaced Juninho in Lyon. And ofcourse Remember this name for the future, he is going to be a big player. Miralem Pjanic 19 years old Bosnian Gold :)
I mentionned his name two years ago when he was playing in Metz as he was their playmaker and was decisive at only 17 ... but then Lyon bought him, so it was and it is useless to speak about him as we won't buy him in a near future ...
The guy was injured during almost the entire last season (very unlucky guy, injured by arriving in his new club, never got any chance then), and it seems he will have some space this year. He could well explode, and so, exploding on the pitch in Lyon means that his price is going to explode too on the market because of Aulas !!
About Oddo, he must have done something really bad because I can't remember our management saying as many times that "if X leaves" (which clearly means they would want him to leave). I wouldn't like to be in Oddo's shoes nowadays ...
Guys, Galliani was quoted as saying that Oddo would leave and Zaccardo would be his replacement.....
"The transfer market? If everything is possible [Massimo] Oddo will leave and [Cristian] Zaccardo is among his replacements," Galliani is quoted as saying on Firenzeviola.it.
Guys, Galliani was quoted as saying that Oddo would leave and Zaccardo would be his replacement.....
"The transfer market? If everything is possible [Massimo] Oddo will leave and [Cristian] Zaccardo is among his replacements," Galliani is quoted as saying on Firenzeviola.it.
I think he said that Zaccardo could be an option just like others
Galliani said for Sky:
Se parte Oddo è possibile che arrivi qualcuno, altrimenti no,
Zaccardo non interessa, a meno che non parta Oddo, allora puo' essere lui come altri
zaccardo?omg he is the worst rb in the history of the game!!
each and evey time i ve seen him play he was awful..he wasnt a starte for magath at wv now he is nt for fe,and we want him for us???even oddo is better than him..
rafinha and aboue are good choices,as mrki said and i think that they would be a gr9 improvement for our fb..
for de silvestri time will tell..
Christian
23-08-2009, 08:52
zaccardo?omg he is the worst rb in the history of the game!!
each and evey time i ve seen him play he was awful..he wasnt a starte for magath at wv now he is nt for fe,and we want him for us???even oddo is better than him..
rafinha and aboue are good choices,as mrki said and i think that they would be a gr9 improvement for our fb..
for de silvestri time will tell..
Yes, Rafinha would be a fine signing. What worries me though is that if Zambrotta is gonna be as easy to beat as he was yesterday then only one fullback wouldn't even do the trick.
Yes, Rafinha would be a fine signing. What worries me though is that if Zambrotta is gonna be as easy to beat as he was yesterday then only one fullback wouldn't even do the trick.
i wasnt able to watch yesterday match:hammer:..and a lot of people say that janku and zambro were too bad..i think that zambro needs to be fit and motivated,then he would be class..
I hope you mean Pirlo...
offcourse i mean Pirlo... my mistake :p157:
Bosniaco
23-08-2009, 12:11
I m watching merda, to see how that guy Ranocchia does play. He was that talanted defender that used to play for Arezzo. Tall, I heard he was a excellent defender.
Dutchie-Milan
23-08-2009, 12:39
Bari makes 1-1 with Inter,Inter are truly crap,Eto'o needs 100 chances to score,Inter made 1-0 with a penalty wich was wrong given,very wrong.Inter are truly playing weak,we should trash them next week,this Inter is nothing,ugly to watch,Bari should win!
boing boing
23-08-2009, 12:59
An ex-Milan player (Kutuzov) scored the goal for Bari against Inter. :de3: :dcool: :5inter:
Dutchie-Milan
23-08-2009, 13:00
Bari drew with Inter,its over: 1-1.Bari should have won as Rivas missed a incredible chance,but Bari played very decent football,at the end they even played with Inter and the public was cheering for them yelling: Ole,Ole.
Bari is maybe the weakest team of Serie A,and they have almost beaten Inter,like i said,Inter is nothing.Usually,Ibrahomobitch would have netted twice to rescue Inter's poor ass.But know Inter face troubles as they dont know how to handle small teams who close themselves up,they have a BIG problem Imo.
We should win next week,Inter really was poor.
Happy with this draw,FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE!
sheva-gila
23-08-2009, 13:10
rivas was so impressiv to me dunno maybe Im wrong but the guy just made fun of inter defenders
Tassotti
23-08-2009, 13:17
rivas was so impressiv to me dunno maybe Im wrong but the guy just made fun of inter defenders
He is unbelieveably selfish.
Bari drew with Inter,its over: 1-1.Bari should have won as Rivas missed a incredible chance,but Bari played very decent football,at the end they even played with Inter and the public was cheering for them yelling: Ole,Ole.
Bari is maybe the weakest team of Serie A,and they have almost beaten Inter,like i said,Inter is nothing.Usually,Ibrahomobitch would have netted twice to rescue Inter's poor ass.But know Inter face troubles as they dont know how to handle small teams who close themselves up,they have a BIG problem Imo.
We should win next week,Inter really was poor.
Happy with this draw,FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE!
What a conclusion ... after one single game !!
If we didn't win yesterday, would you have made such a conclusion for us too ??
Lebanese
23-08-2009, 13:46
What a conclusion ... after one single game !!
If we didn't win yesterday, would you have made such a conclusion for us too ??
Mourinho is playing with morratti to get the players he wants. just remember the tim cup. inter passed the ball for almost 60 times before they made us clear the ball. they are improving alot 1-1 is nothing. still 37 matches to go.
MiamiMilanista
23-08-2009, 13:52
After watching game 1, I agree that we need a FB. It would have been 2-0 if Janku did not screw up and also could have finished 2-2 due to another one of his mishaps. We NEED that LB. If not in the market, than get Antonini in there. Janku does not have what it take defensively. BUT, why dont we move him up to midfield? He's dangerous going forward, maybe that's our answer to the creative side. Also, we have Abate on the bench.
I'm happy if a LB is all that is left to come. I think we should give Abate and Janku IN MIDFIELD a chance. That will bring creativity forward. Also, Antonini showed he can bring that spark up front from the left and play defense as well.
Im saying this for 2-3 years: Kaladze is a better fullback then Jankulovski. At lčeast he is capable of playing well defensively and hold on to the offside line. Kaladze played his FB role in Milan pretty well when he did it. He played well with Nesta as a CB ( Im mentioning Nesta as Kala is a defender that needs smart and class player alongside him, then he plays his 100% ). Now with Thiago-Nesta in the middle Im confident Kaladze can play well as a stabile LB for us. He maybe has more muscle power nowdays coz he played as a CB for few years, but he can still play up and down for sure. That is what I think. Crosses I didnt even mention coz MArek cant cross at all.
spina_don
23-08-2009, 14:54
Bari drew with Inter,its over: 1-1.Bari should have won as Rivas missed a incredible chance,but Bari played very decent football,at the end they even played with Inter and the public was cheering for them yelling: Ole,Ole.
Bari is maybe the weakest team of Serie A,and they have almost beaten Inter,like i said,Inter is nothing.Usually,Ibrahomobitch would have netted twice to rescue Inter's poor ass.But know Inter face troubles as they dont know how to handle small teams who close themselves up,they have a BIG problem Imo.
We should win next week,Inter really was poor.
Happy with this draw,FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE!
Guys be careful about how u talk about Inter...they drew today but next week, its going to be a tough match...The same inter that we say suck has won 4 scudetto in a row..we just have to be patient, play our game and take our chances!!! even me as a milan fan is saying that even though i hate them completely
Jay Crisp
23-08-2009, 15:00
We really do need a LB soon.And Pirlo last night was okay but I think we should of sold him and invested in a similar younger hungrier player. Although that money probably would not of been invested. Janku is so good going forward until he has to cross but as a defensive player hes is ordinary. Im really looking forward to the derby to see how we do , and to see Huntelaar. Dinho was good last night really good and nowhere near at his best. Pato is amazing and can only get better hopefully we keep him and don't sell him for book money.
We will make the most out of Hunter if we have good wing play Abate can do this but no one else can. As for a LB or RB im out of Ideas De Silvestri maybe Bale but definately not Drenhte (is that the correct spelling..lol) as a left mid Drenhte would be good.
kakacmilan best
23-08-2009, 15:27
Let hope that Weslly will not play in the DERBY!!!!
Bosniaco
23-08-2009, 17:16
Yeah guys this was only one game. We will have big problems with Inter next week. I personaly think we will lose that match.
Yeah guys this was only one game. We will have big problems with Inter next week. I personaly think we will lose that match.
my opinion for inter was always that they cannot play footbal
if they dont get a creative player on the medfield they are awful,at least their style..
for the next week,for me its a 50-50,but if we control the medfield as we can,then we have our chances,the thing is i hope we will have a lb till then better than janku(although i am not sure that any newcomer would play)..
ps im off for vacation for a week,but i ll stay in touch as much as i can..the last time i was on vacation we got hunter btw,so who knows..:-)
Rossoneri Fuego
23-08-2009, 18:16
he's real young rafinha real good player seen him in the champs league when barca played them and in uefa cup, the reason i like de slyvestri hes almost a 6 '0" back and thats a rarity to find a back with that height in the modern era,what i hope is to replace both our wide backs if we can do that we're a very serious title contender and in the champs league anything is possible...
Brasileiro
23-08-2009, 20:49
Rafinha can be a player Leo can use well. He is underrated player that is able to play great football up and down. But I doubt Schalke's new coach Magath will let that happen. If he arrives I can tell you one thing: Rafinha is 200% fit, his coach is Magath :) ( that man is crazy...)
Also I wouldnt mind Eboue, aldough people bash him. He had bad season, but is a good player for sure, better then De Silvestri, Zaccardo etc.
And, it would be nice to see Leonardo using Kaladze as a LB few times. Kaladze is more then capable of doing that when he is fit.
Right now Nesta and T.Silva look brilliant! To me it seems Nesta still lacks a bit of pace but he finds it easy to play with Thiago as he covers extreme ammount of soace due to his power and speed. One FB that can defend well would help a LOT.
Cissokho was the man, choosen by Leo. Too bad Silvio didnt let it happen...
Until now, from what I know, Leo told Milan(Berlusca) to buy Kaká, Pato and Thiago Silva, Hernanes, Luis Fabiano and Cissokho...
Just for these first 3 players(of course he was reading my thread :tong: ), Leo deserved a big role in purchases. It was not that Leo was asking for 30 or 50 mllions type of players...
Can´t believe after Kaká, Pato and T. Silva, Silvio didn´t trust more in Leonardo as a scout...
When we face inter it will be a tough match regardless.. But we have to remember with a big derby like this the thing inter beats us in is they have good back up for every position which affects the game alot in big games because obviously every player on both teams is going to be giving it their all and get tired
slifersd
24-08-2009, 01:22
Until now, from what I know, Leo told Milan(Berlusca) to buy Kaká, Pato and Thiago Silva, Hernanes, Luis Fabiano and Cissokho...
Just for these first 3 players(of course he was reading my thread :tong: ), Leo deserved a big role in purchases. It was not that Leo was asking for 30 or 50 mllions type of players...
Can´t believe after Kaká, Pato and T. Silva, Silvio didn´t trust more in Leonardo as a scout...
Oh, he trusts Leonardo as a scout, he just doesn't want to fork out the money. This cheap bastard is only concerned about making money nowadays that he doesn't care if he missed out on the next big thing. There was nothing wrong with Cissokho other than his price tag.
pirlofanusa
24-08-2009, 01:36
http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/08/24/1457589/milan-join-race-to-sign-rafinha-from-schalke
Is rafinha any good? he is apparently for sale for 10 million
Here is some interesting news, but some of you may consider this as Bull$hit....
Agent admits AC Milan contact for Genoa defender Ranocchia
24.08.09 | tribalfootball.com
The agent of Genoa defender Andrea Ranocchia admits bigger clubs are watching the youngster.
Ranocchia is currently on-loan at Bari and is being linked with Juventus. His agent, Tullio Tinti, told calciomercato.com: "Juve? It seems a bit premature to talk about them now, I personally do not know anything, but something may happen.
"And it's normal that big clubs are interested. In the past, I have spoken to AC Milan many times about him."
And the news I wanted....
West Ham eyeing AC Milan fullback Oddo
24.08.09 | tribalfootball.com
West Ham United are eyeing AC Milan fullback Massimo Oddo.
Oddo was left out of the Rossoneri squad for last night’s 2-1 victory away to Siena and Leonardo made it obvious he is not needed.
“I was very clear with Oddo, just as I was with [recently departed goalkeeper Zeljko] Kalac,” said the Coach.
“I told him if he finds a new more suitable club then he should jump at it, because there is already a set situation here.
“We’ll see what happens from here until August 31, but I hope another wide player can be brought in.”
Now there are reports Gianfranco Zola is offering Oddo a new experience in the Premiership with West Ham United.
Milan idea Faubert for the RB according to mediaset Milan could get Faubert in a swop deal with Oddo
Dutchie-Milan
24-08-2009, 05:21
Faubert is a fast techniqually good winger with a decent cross,he certainly has the power to run up and down the flank for 90 minutes,but i really really thought Faubert was a pure winger and not a fullback.....so i dont get it,we dont play 4-3-3 so where will Faubert play if he comes,because i dont see him as a FB....
Real Madrid took him on loan last half year but he never got a chance so he went back to England,so he has to be good enough.
Anyways,i still want him to come,because we would get a energetic winger in return and lose a crap player.
If it is to replace Oddo by Faubert, I think the best is to keep Oddo ...
Abate is twice the player Faubert is, and Abate isn't a starter in our team, so there is no point to think about Faubert ...
The guy was hyped in France two or three years ago, he was actually good but nothing more, and Bordeaux sold him at the first occasion they could ... West Ham easily agreed a loan move with an option when Real Madrid came in (and the option was lower than the price they paid to get him from Bordeaux !!), and look at what happened in Real Madrid: he got something like 20 minutes on the pitch in 6 months and now he is back in West Ham.
Why would we try to get this player ?!
johncharles365
24-08-2009, 05:41
the only problem with rafinha is the fact that he doesn't hold a eu passport hence we can't sign any more south american or african players if we buy rafinha.
the only problem with rafinha is the fact that he doesn't hold a eu passport hence we can't sign any more south american or african players if we buy rafinha.
Anyway, do we plan to buy any non-EU player even if Rafinha doesn't come ??
(actually, Rafinha seems to be one of the target from Juventus right now)
If Faubert is better then Oddo why West Ham is after Oddo then ?!!!
johncharles365
24-08-2009, 05:53
geo tav i am still hoping that milan will buy hernanes lol i can't see milan getting rafinha anyway too pricey plus his transfer would place another restriction on Milan transfer policy
We have non eu place and it is for Srna! :) Kidding of course, I know Milan will not pay for him but he would be a great player for us, allowing us to start attacks not only from the last man in midfield but also, like Inter, from RB place. Which we havent done since Cafu. Srna can play as a pure winger, as a CMR or as an attacking FB.
Yoan scored twice again :( Maybe we can buy him next summer!? Even when we sold Ricky, we could have at least bring in Gourcuff, Cissokho and forward Lao asked for ( it wasnt Huntelaar ). Its frustrating watching Milan finnaly fight and attack and move like they actually have training sessions and to know we could have been maybe the best team in Europe if we only kept our players :(
Anyway, we need a fullback if we want to do anything this year. Maybe it will be De Silvestri in the end. But, WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE THINK OF HIM?
Fiorentina - De Silvestri it's done deal, Fiorentina sign him for only 6 mil
Sky have now revealed that De Silvestri is currently in Firenze undergoing a medical and if all goes smoothy an official announcement confirming the deal will be made in the coming hours
johncharles365
24-08-2009, 06:24
i don't think it was for 6 million i heard the deal was 8 million euros plus 1 million for appearances made next season. in any case it is another missed opportunity for milan
Why 8 million for full rioghts to a player, when DIhno is getting paid that per season!
Ronaldinho To Sign New Deal At Milan - Report
The Brazilian is set for a pay rise, despite the fact that last week club president Silvio Berlusconi called for players to take a cut...
24 Aug 2009 10:38:24
Ronaldinho's Milan contract has been taken out of the filing cabinet, dusted off, and polished up as he is offered a new deal and pay rise.
According to Il Corriere Dello Sport, the Brazilian ace is in line for a positive week ahead of the big Milanese derby this weekend.
The report suggests Ronaldinho's contract will be touched up in line with an agreement he signed last year when joining the club from Barcelona. His €6.5 million per season wages will now rise to €8m.
In addition, the former Paris Saint Germain star will be offered the option to sign on for a further year, taking his deal to the 2011-12 season when he turns 33.
'Dinho played well against Siena on Saturday night. The play-maker appeared to be enjoying himself in his new role under coach Leonardo.
Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
Too soon in my eyes... Despite how much I like the guy, he is too lazy and unreliable to be depended on so deeply for the future. Pep saw that early....
What scares me most this season is not our defense or GK, but the possiblity of Dihno breaking down (which is highly likely). Who will replace him? The unpopular DiGenarro amongst this forum or the ageing Seedorf?
There was nothing wrong with Cissokho other than his price tag.
Sorry, but how could you possibly know that? Are you a doctor? Did you examine Cissokho? The condition found by Milan's doctors was never something that would have impaired his ability to play this season, but rather something that could easily cause problems with his spinal chord and his heart in the future. This is not such a big problem for a club like Lyon, from where most players move on to bigger clubs within two to three years anyway. But Milan was looking at Cissokho as a player who could become one of the cornerstones of the club for a decade or more. It boggles my mind that so many shortsighted fans can't understand why a potential spinal or heart problem would be a concern when you're investing a lot of money in a player. But everyone wants instant gratification.
Why 8 million for full rioghts to a player, when DIhno is getting paid that per season!
Ronaldinho To Sign New Deal At Milan - Report
The Brazilian is set for a pay rise, despite the fact that last week club president Silvio Berlusconi called for players to take a cut...
24 Aug 2009 10:38:24
Ronaldinho's Milan contract has been taken out of the filing cabinet, dusted off, and polished up as he is offered a new deal and pay rise.
According to Il Corriere Dello Sport, the Brazilian ace is in line for a positive week ahead of the big Milanese derby this weekend.
The report suggests Ronaldinho's contract will be touched up in line with an agreement he signed last year when joining the club from Barcelona. His €6.5 million per season wages will now rise to €8m.
In addition, the former Paris Saint Germain star will be offered the option to sign on for a further year, taking his deal to the 2011-12 season when he turns 33.
'Dinho played well against Siena on Saturday night. The play-maker appeared to be enjoying himself in his new role under coach Leonardo.
Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
Too soon in my eyes... Despite how much I like the guy, he is too lazy and unreliable to be depended on so deeply for the future. Pep saw that early....
What scares me most this season is not our defense or GK, but the possiblity of Dihno breaking down (which is highly likely). Who will replace him? The unpopular DiGenarro amongst this forum or the ageing Seedorf?
I hope there is nothing true in this article !!
Didn't we officially sell Kaka' because of his high wage (9M if I'm not wrong ...) ?!
Dutchie-Milan
24-08-2009, 07:14
Every transfer wich will see Oddo leave San Siro,is a good transfer,the only reason i want Faubert to come is because Oddo will leave,thats like 3 million less we have to pay on wages,damn just LEAVE ODDO!
ACMILAN1983
24-08-2009, 07:18
We have non eu place and it is for Srna! :) Kidding of course, I know Milan will not pay for him but he would be a great player for us, allowing us to start attacks not only from the last man in midfield but also, like Inter, from RB place. Which we havent done since Cafu. Srna can play as a pure winger, as a CMR or as an attacking FB.
Yoan scored twice again :( Maybe we can buy him next summer!? Even when we sold Ricky, we could have at least bring in Gourcuff, Cissokho and forward Lao asked for ( it wasnt Huntelaar ). Its frustrating watching Milan finnaly fight and attack and move like they actually have training sessions and to know we could have been maybe the best team in Europe if we only kept our players :(
Anyway, we need a fullback if we want to do anything this year. Maybe it will be De Silvestri in the end. But, WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE THINK OF HIM?
I believe this season Gourcuff in 3 appearances has 4 goals and 2 assists. Anyway, enough of being off topic, just thought it seemed relevant to your post.
Hasan Rossonero
24-08-2009, 08:47
Faubert was a huge joke in Real Madrid, and we may be about to sign him?
Another new low.
I really hope this is not true. He is nothing special. What we need is a good, young full-back.
Anyway, do we plan to buy any non-EU player even if Rafinha doesn't come ??
(actually, Rafinha seems to be one of the target from Juventus right now)
Rafinha would be our 3rd non-EU I think?
If we could get him, then it's hard to say no to such a quality player like him.
BUT, seeing as how we are AC Milan, and only look to South Americans/Brasilians, I'm only worried if a player of ours picks up an injury and Milan try to buy a replacement in the January/Winter Transfer Market, it will be hard because we seem to only buy Non-EU, and we have no more Non-EU spaces.
pirlofanusa
24-08-2009, 09:51
Sorry, but how could you possibly know that? Are you a doctor? Did you examine Cissokho? The condition found by Milan's doctors was never something that would have impaired his ability to play this season, but rather something that could easily cause problems with his spinal chord and his heart in the future. This is not such a big problem for a club like Lyon, from where most players move on to bigger clubs within two to three years anyway. But Milan was looking at Cissokho as a player who could become one of the cornerstones of the club for a decade or more. It boggles my mind that so many shortsighted fans can't understand why a potential spinal or heart problem would be a concern when you're investing a lot of money in a player. But everyone wants instant gratification.
your saying this like Milan didnt try to buy the same player, after he failed his physical, for a few million less. if there was great injury potential then would spending a few mil less on his transfer make that much of a difference? NO, it means that we tried to be cheap
pirlofanusa
24-08-2009, 09:52
Rafinha would be our 3rd non-EU I think?
If we could get him, then it's hard to say no to such a quality player like him.
BUT, seeing as how we are AC Milan, and only look to South Americans/Brasilians, I'm only worried if a player of ours picks up an injury and Milan try to buy a replacement in the January/Winter Transfer Market, it will be hard because we seem to only buy Non-EU, and we have no more Non-EU spaces.
if we can get a player now, that can help the team all season and is only 23 shouldnt we go for it?
HO-YOUNG
24-08-2009, 10:26
Guys check out Miralem Pjanic, bosnian playmaker. He has replaced Juninho in Lyon. And ofcourse Remember this name for the future, he is going to be a big player. Miralem Pjanic 19 years old Bosnian Gold :)
That kid is Brilliant!!!! that's why he was given the #8 shirt... he is a tru replica of Juninho... and did you see that free kick he scored against anderlect??? that kid has a bright future... we dont seem to get those here alot in milan... i think our youth scouting system needs improvement.
His FK against Anderlecht wasn't spectacular actually ... there was no GK in the Anderlecht team !! :D
The goalkeeper from Anderlecht is 100% responsible or has a part of responsability on 4 from the 5 goals conceded !! :D
About this Free Kick, Pjanic just managed to pass the wall made by the players, his ball almost came in the middle of the goal and the GK didn't do anything ...
Anyway, Pjanic, if he can be fit and isn't too bored by injuries in his career, will probably be one of the best players of his generation in the future.
Bosniaco
24-08-2009, 12:04
That kid is Brilliant!!!! that's why he was given the #8 shirt... he is a tru replica of Juninho... and did you see that free kick he scored against anderlect??? that kid has a bright future... we dont seem to get those here alot in milan... i think our youth scouting system needs improvement.
Yes , ofcourse I have seeing the goal. I follow all the Bosnian players that play abroad. Also last game that Bosnia played two weeks ago, Pjanic assisted two goals both scored by Edin Dzeko :)
So Bosnia has some nice young promising players.
rosoneri_11
24-08-2009, 12:05
So this is the player we are linked to sign.
Not a long video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP8Q4YpJcKw
HO-YOUNG
24-08-2009, 12:24
Yes , ofcourse I have seeing the goal. I follow all the Bosnian players that play abroad. Also last game that Bosnia played two weeks ago, Pjanic assisted two goals both scored by Edin Dzeko :)
So Bosnia has some nice young promising players.
only if fans could buy both Pjanic and Dzeko and give them to Milan!!!
Ronaldinho to get a raise????? If that's true...... then :yuck:
Saying we must save money and now start with high wages again..and until he turns 33??????
Bosniaco
24-08-2009, 13:16
Ronaldinho to get a raise????? If that's true...... then :yuck:
Saying we must save money and now start with high wages again..and until he turns 33??????
I know that it ridiculous, rise for what? He has not earn it yet.
Lebanese
24-08-2009, 13:20
Milan idea Faubert for the RB according to mediaset Milan could get Faubert in a swop deal with Oddo
Faubert is a winger not a rb, rwb no chance and he is nothing special really.
Hasan Rossonero
24-08-2009, 13:27
Faubert is a winger not a rb, rwb no chance and he is nothing special really.
Yeah, he is not special--that's for sure.
However, he can also play right back.
johncharles365
24-08-2009, 13:27
faubert was a good player at bordeaux but i doubt his ability to be the solution to our full back problems we need a younger player otherwise we would have just purchased another left back who will be useless in 6 years time. i am fed up with the long line of left backs we buy first there was kaladze and serginho than jankulovski in space of 8 years.
Hasan Rossonero
24-08-2009, 13:28
faubert was a good player at bordeaux but i doubt his ability to be the solution to our full back problems we need a younger player otherwise we would have just purchased another left back who will be useless in 6 years time. i am fed up with the long line of left backs we buy first there was kaladze and serginho than jankulovski in space of 8 years.
Well he's 26, so he is still pretty young.
I know that it ridiculous, rise for what? He has not earn it yet.
I just read it on the goal.com and i can't believe it.
They say it was to much even for Kaka and now they wanna do the same thing with Ronnie? OMG I don't know what to say anymore.
All that complaining about lack of money and stuff.........hey, let's sell our best player and give his salary to his sidekick.
:pchate:
He'll get another raise when he turns 30 and will be even worse than Seedorf
your saying this like Milan didnt try to buy the same player, after he failed his physical, for a few million less. if there was great injury potential then would spending a few mil less on his transfer make that much of a difference? NO, it means that we tried to be cheap
Less money invested makes it less of a gamble. Just because Milan tried to get him on loan with an option to buy or buy him for 10 million instead of 15 doesn't mean there isn't a problem. If it were just a matter of being cheap, Milan wouldn't have agreed to pay 15 before the physical.
pirlofanusa
24-08-2009, 15:27
. If it were just a matter of being cheap, Milan wouldn't have agreed to pay 15 before the physical.
so your ruling out agreeing to the price that Porto wanted and then creating a medical condition to drive the price down? have you ever, once, heard of a player failing a physical because of his teeth?
slifersd
24-08-2009, 15:32
Sorry, but how could you possibly know that? Are you a doctor? Did you examine Cissokho? The condition found by Milan's doctors was never something that would have impaired his ability to play this season, but rather something that could easily cause problems with his spinal chord and his heart in the future. This is not such a big problem for a club like Lyon, from where most players move on to bigger clubs within two to three years anyway. But Milan was looking at Cissokho as a player who could become one of the cornerstones of the club for a decade or more. It boggles my mind that so many shortsighted fans can't understand why a potential spinal or heart problem would be a concern when you're investing a lot of money in a player. But everyone wants instant gratification.
ok, ok, ok, you are the calm one, we get it!
Now as far as my reasoning is concerned, it's the same i have said all along. His teeth problem was a no issue for both Porto and Lyon. Now you might argue that those teams don't see him as a long term player for them, but with spinal and heart issues, you never know when they are actually going to strike. So for those teams to approve his medical and transfer, to me, it means that the dental problems are not as serious as milan made them out to be. That is not to say that it is not a problem, just it is not that serious.
And here is the other part that makes me believe milan was in it for the money. They did not cancel the deal, they went back to try and lower his fees. If his dental problems are really that serious, then milan should have never signed him upon finding these results. Would you buy a wrecked car even if it is cheap? I wouldn't. And if it is true that his dental issues wouldn't have surfaced in the short term future, then why did milan try to loan him for one season? What difference would that have been made other than the fact that milan wouldn't have to pay the full transfer amount this year?
And lastly, we the fans have been more than patient with this management and team. Don't come here and act like you are superior to everyone here just because you would like to wait for 10 years before seeing another trophy. In the world of sports, the chances of signing great players are limited and once you missed it, it doesn't come back. You can sit there and talk all you want about how waiting is the best thing that can ever happen to this team, but the fact of matter is, the team severely lacks talent to challenge for its objectives. And because of that, we the fans are not happy and want to see some real actions in the market. You can have different views, but dont always act like your ideas are so much better than everybody else's. Not trying to start a fight with you here, just stating my feelings toward the issue. I apologize in advance if any of my language offended you.
so your ruling out agreeing to the price that Porto wanted and then creating a medical condition to drive the price down? have you ever, once, heard of a player failing a physical because of his teeth?
It's a legitimate medical condition (I looked it up) and it could be a problem in the future.
ok, ok, ok, you are the calm one, we get it!
Now as far as my reasoning is concerned, it's the same i have said all along. His teeth problem was a no issue for both Porto and Lyon. Now you might argue that those teams don't see him as a long term player for them, but with spinal and heart issues, you never know when they are actually going to strike. So for those teams to approve his medical and transfer, to me, it means that the dental problems are not as serious as milan made them out to be. That is not to say that it is not a problem, just it is not that serious.
And here is the other part that makes me believe milan was in it for the money. They did not cancel the deal, they went back to try and lower his fees. If his dental problems are really that serious, then milan should have never signed him upon finding these results. Would you buy a wrecked car even if it is cheap? I wouldn't. And if it is true that his dental issues wouldn't have surfaced in the short term future, then why did milan try to loan him for one season? What difference would that have been made other than the fact that milan wouldn't have to pay the full transfer amount this year?
Again, it's a matter of risk. If you get a 33% discount because of finding a medical problem, it might be enough to assume the risk of signing the player. Thinking of him as a wrecked car is not an appropriate example. It's more like buying a model car that has history of certain parts of the engine or the drive train breaking down. You might be more willing to assume the risk if you get a better price. A wrecked car would be a better analogy for a player who has just had knee surgery. And a loan deal would have given Milan an entire season to probe further into the problem and hopefully find a way to rectify it. There's actually some logic to the whole thing if you think with your head instead of your heart.
And lastly, we the fans have been more than patient with this management and team. Don't come here and act like you are superior to everyone here just because you would like to wait for 10 years before seeing another trophy. In the world of sports, the chances of signing great players are limited and once you missed it, it doesn't come back. You can sit there and talk all you want about how waiting is the best thing that can ever happen to this team, but the fact of matter is, the team severely lacks talent to challenge for its objectives. And because of that, we the fans are not happy and want to see some real actions in the market. You can have different views, but dont always act like your ideas are so much better than everybody else's. Not trying to start a fight with you here, just stating my feelings toward the issue. I apologize in advance if any of my language offended you.
:ilol:
What makes you think I don't want Milan to win anything for 10 years? That's just about the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. The difference between me and people who think like you is that I don't think the situation is so dire that it's going to take Milan 10 years to win anything. :rone:
Braida has been extremely quite this mercato. Is he still with Milan?
Braida has been extremely quite this mercato. Is he still with Milan?
I thought he was in Brazil scouting for our next non-EU prospect :devs:
I'll wait till the day after we play Merda to ask where our scouts and key management are.:bri:
Does anyone know anything about this Rafinha guy? I mean i watched youtube vids, never seen him play in regular game to game basis but i'm just wondering why are we going after another RB if we have zambrotta antonini and oddo possibly oddo will leave in order to get rafinha but dont we need strengthening on the left? can he play lb?
Bosniaco
24-08-2009, 21:40
Does anyone know anything about this Rafinha guy? I mean i watched youtube vids, never seen him play in regular game to game basis but i'm just wondering why are we going after another RB if we have zambrotta antonini and oddo possibly oddo will leave in order to get rafinha but dont we need strengthening on the left? can he play lb?
I have watched him many times play for Schalke, very very good pacey rigiht back. I never seeing him on the left. He is also young. We do have Zambro, Antonini for the left side if we get Rafinha on the right.
Grosso will sign for Juve, and aldough some dissagree with me that he is an excellent LB ( Geo mostly, but he has seen more of him in France lately t5hen me ), I think he'll play some excellent football in the backline with Canna, Chiellini and Buffon. Those players are all high class and have tons of experience + are playing in a WC year so the concentration will be high.
Only mistake Juve made is, as it looks right now, Criscito. Why Milan didnt go for him is beyond me. Probably he costed more then 0 euro's.
Rafinha - very good RB, but I dont see how we'll pay for him. Lets wait and see. If our solution is Zaccardo then really...
This already is the worst mercato I've ever seen and most likely the start of an end of Berlusconi's Milan, at least greedy bastard can sign one more good FB for this year so we can shift Zambro to the left and new RB into first 11.
Also, VdV is transfer listed, aldough he failed shortly at Madrid, he is an excellent player as well.
Dutchie-Milan
25-08-2009, 04:08
I hope Grosso signs for Jube,i really do,he is so crap its just unbelievable.The Juve defense isnt impressing at all.
Chiellini is a great defender,no doubt about it,but Canna has one good year left in him,the fullbacks are crap,Grosso...i mean come on,the guy is slow and cant find his WC2006 form anymore,im looking forward to see Pato against Grosso,Pato will humiliate him badly.
Grosso isnt what we need,he is too old and isnt fast enough to play our style of football,we need someone with more pace and speed,and Grosso doesnt have that,also we need someone way younger.
Juve is doing a stupid deal,Canna and Grosso will be in 2 years gone.
Grygera-Canna-Chiellini-Grosso.....Zambro-Nesta-Silva-Janku.......sorry but Zambro is two classes better then Grygera,Nesta and Silva are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then Canna-Chiellini for sure,and Janku is better in attack then Grosso but Grosso is better in defense i think....so thats a tie.Our defense is better then theirs.
Dutchie-Milan
25-08-2009, 04:09
Van der Vaart aint coming....to bad,he could give us more options and he is a good player in form.
Jay Crisp
25-08-2009, 05:47
Do you guy's think we will sign a fullback ?. I honestly don't six days left in the mercato over 80 million euro taken in 60 million for the books , and we only spend half of Huntelaars cost 6.5 million euro pretty sh1tty.
The least MGT could do is spend money on a fullback it is really needed. Janku is hopeless and Zambro isn't theplayer he was. Nesta will not stay healthy for the whole season and cannot play 50 - 60 games even if he does.
Pirlo didn't do much against Siena hasn't performed consistantly good in 3 seasons. There is soooo much that needs fixing in this team its not even funny , Leo has said what we need and everyone knows it is true. The players he is asking for are not huge huge stars (but would add to the team) and not too expensive or overpriced. But Leo is ignored and IMO disrepected by Berlu.
You can not imagine how annoyed I am with this mercato. I cannot put it in words , Onyewu was signed even though he'll hardly play and now we have to pay his wages. Take Kaladze , Oddo , Seedorf , Dida these guys should be asked to take a pay cut. And if the don't release them (this would be tricky as they would have to agree) then there is Dinho getting a raise for what he played a good game against Siena. Its in his contract apparently a £2 million a year raise.
There is loads wrong at Milan from top to bottom , althougfh Im glad we beat Siena and played well at times , lets not get carried away if in april we have a 10 point lead over second place then we can start to believe.
Until then we are a badly managed club with the oldest squad probably in the world still (a title we cannot seem to shed) with a joke for a president. Who never shuts his plastic surgery ravaged face and after a narrow win over Siena gives Dinho a raise and makes stupid comments.
I hope Grosso signs for Jube,i really do,he is so crap its just unbelievable.The Juve defense isnt impressing at all.
Chiellini is a great defender,no doubt about it,but Canna has one good year left in him,the fullbacks are crap,Grosso...i mean come on,the guy is slow and cant find his WC2006 form anymore,im looking forward to see Pato against Grosso,Pato will humiliate him badly.
Grosso isnt what we need,he is too old and isnt fast enough to play our style of football,we need someone with more pace and speed,and Grosso doesnt have that,also we need someone way younger.
Juve is doing a stupid deal,Canna and Grosso will be in 2 years gone.
Grygera-Canna-Chiellini-Grosso.....Zambro-Nesta-Silva-Janku.......sorry but Zambro is two classes better then Grygera,Nesta and Silva are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then Canna-Chiellini for sure,and Janku is better in attack then Grosso but Grosso is better in defense i think....so thats a tie.Our defense is better then theirs.
come on man, grosso is still the classiest Italian wing back out there. he just glides up and down that line with ease and hasn't lost any crossing ability getting older.
gregorio
25-08-2009, 06:27
I agree, that Leo and Braida made a good job with Kaka and Pato, because they were two of the hottest prospect that time and became champions, and also cost us almost nothing. :)
But since Pato has arrived I can't see any scouting activities from Braida (hope he will get me wrong), and what am I pissed off that Inter just signed almost for nothing one of the best prospect from Brazil last year, who will arrive next year and can be as good as Ronaldinho by time.
He is Coutinho, he would have been the perfect replacement for Kaka!
So Juve's and Inter's trequartista problem is solved for the next 5-6 years, but our phenomenon Ronaldinho has max. 3 more years and he is finished!
We need somebody next year who could be his long term replacement, now that Gourcuff has gone:(
I have heard about another brazilian hot prospect Neymar, he is a seconda punta, but very similar to Robinho!
come on man, grosso is still the classiest Italian wing back out there. he just glides up and down that line with ease and hasn't lost any crossing ability getting older.
You forgot to mention "for the Italian NT" ...
Grosso didn't manage to get a starting spot in Inter and left just one year after. Lyon bought him, he was the starter in his first year ... but because of his performances, last year, their coach started to use other players sometimes and this year, he isn't wanted anymore, they try to sell him.
He is 31 and all his career showed he wasn't able to be the LB he is with the national team nowadays (even if I'm less and less impressed by him personnally) for an entire season with his clubs ...
So, why taking him ? Taking Grosso means Jankulovski will still play at least 25 games as a LB this season.
I agree, that Leo and Braida made a good job with Kaka and Pato, because they were two of the hottest prospect that time and became champions, and also cost us almost nothing. :)
But since Pato has arrived I can't see any scouting activities from Braida (hope he will get me wrong), and what am I pissed off that Inter just signed almost for nothing one of the best prospect from Brazil last year, who will arrive next year and can be as good as Ronaldinho by time.
He is Coutinho, he would have been the perfect replacement for Kaka!
So Juve's and Inter's trequartista problem is solved for the next 5-6 years, but our phenomenon Ronaldinho has max. 3 more years and he is finished!
We need somebody next year who could be his long term replacement, now that Gourcuff has gone:(
I have heard about another brazilian hot prospect Neymar, he is a seconda punta, but very similar to Robinho!
Let's imagine that Ronaldinho is back to his highest level ... or not. We don't care actually: why 3 years ?
By modifying his way to play, he could still play for 5 years (using more his passing abilities and doing a bit less tricks and dribbles) ...
Christian
25-08-2009, 07:05
I agree, that Leo and Braida made a good job with Kaka and Pato, because they were two of the hottest prospect that time and became champions, and also cost us almost nothing. :)
But since Pato has arrived I can't see any scouting activities from Braida (hope he will get me wrong), and what am I pissed off that Inter just signed almost for nothing one of the best prospect from Brazil last year, who will arrive next year and can be as good as Ronaldinho by time.
He is Coutinho, he would have been the perfect replacement for Kaka!
So Juve's and Inter's trequartista problem is solved for the next 5-6 years, but our phenomenon Ronaldinho has max. 3 more years and he is finished!
We need somebody next year who could be his long term replacement, now that Gourcuff has gone:(
I have heard about another brazilian hot prospect Neymar, he is a seconda punta, but very similar to Robinho!
Hold on here... There are loads of 'next Ronaldinho/Robinho/Ronaldo' coming out of Brazil every year, and far from everyone of them fullfil anywhere near what has been predicted for them. It's only a couple of summers since Inter signed the amazing Kerlon that juggles the ball on his head, didn't really turn out to be that amazing during his loan in Chievo though.
And about Grosso, sure he's been good for Italy, but haven't we learned anything from the Oddo signing?
Also apparently Rafinha's agent is in Milan: http://milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=11132
HO-YOUNG
25-08-2009, 10:21
Dzeko beat the crap out of a team mate in training... maybe he is upset about not been able to come to milan.... i could tie Berlu to a chair let Dzeko beet the crap out of him also...
Keeping my fingers cross... Rafinha is going to sign for us.
Dzeko beat the crap out of a team mate in training... maybe he is upset about not been able to come to milan.... i could tie Berlu to a chair let Dzeko beet the crap out of him also...
Keeping my fingers cross... Rafinha is going to sign for us.
What Italian medias don't say is that Ziani, the guy who almost fighted with Dzeko, did the same thing with his coach Eric Gerets last year ...
MiamiMilanista
25-08-2009, 11:04
I'm guessing (and hoping) that the only hope for an LB is going to be a Rafinha -(Oddo+cash) swap. I'm sure Schalke will take Oddo since he has the German League experience with Bayern last year. With them wanting 10m, it will probably be Oddo + 5 or 6 million.
HO-YOUNG
25-08-2009, 11:21
now that it is reported that Sniejder has turned down Inter we can humiliate them and take him... that would go down well with them...
Tassotti
25-08-2009, 11:24
I'm guessing (and hoping) that the only hope for an LB is going to be a Rafinha -(Oddo+cash) swap. I'm sure Schalke will take Oddo since he has the German League experience with Bayern last year. With them wanting 10m, it will probably be Oddo + 5 or 6 million.
But Oddo doesn't want to go outside of Italy...
Hasan Rossonero
25-08-2009, 12:29
Also apparently Rafinha's agent is in Milan: http://milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=11132
Doesn't say he is in Milan. More that the Milan management and the agent will meet soon.
Schalke are asking for 8-10 million euros.
5 more days till end of the mercato.... any predictions?
We get Fabregas, Terry, Ibrahimovic and Julio Cesar
pirlofanusa
25-08-2009, 13:28
5 more days till end of the mercato.... any predictions?
I will say Oddo leaves and we sign Rafinha, and that should give us a pretty nice squad
johncharles365
25-08-2009, 13:29
I predict a continuation of the transfer we might sign a player or two on loan and might get rafinha or another fullback if a cut price deal is on offer depending on Milan ability to sell oddo. I hope that Berlusconi will change this monstrosity of transfer policy and buy one or two players during the January transfer window.
Lebanese
25-08-2009, 13:31
well i think we will get a full back, and we are going to loan a player from RM
in todays news sao paulo president said that hernanez is no longer on transfer list and he said that milan was the only club that made an offer for hernanez (11 mil USD) but they wont consider selling him in less than 25
Jay Crisp
25-08-2009, 13:50
I will say Oddo leaves and we sign Rafinha, and that should give us a pretty nice squad
I hope your right pirlofanusa. Im not as confident that we will sign anyone , not because players do not want to come but because MGT dosnt want to spend money or pay more wages.
Hasan Rossonero
25-08-2009, 14:27
I think God willing we will get a full-back. Or no one.
50-50 in my opinion.
Virtually impossible to get two players with this miserly management.
Well the possibilities have really narrowed down. It seems like the only person we are linked with is Rafinha......but if and only if we sell Oddo.
I wouldn't be surprised if we snatch Drenthe from Madrid on a loan with the option to buy. I know that the move was dismissed as soon as we were linked with him......but I just don't see how the management will spend 10 mil on Rafinha....so I'm just thinking of cheap options that might be available to us.
slifersd
25-08-2009, 14:43
Again, it's a matter of risk. If you get a 33% discount because of finding a medical problem, it might be enough to assume the risk of signing the player. Thinking of him as a wrecked car is not an appropriate example. It's more like buying a model car that has history of certain parts of the engine or the drive train breaking down. You might be more willing to assume the risk if you get a better price. A wrecked car would be a better analogy for a player who has just had knee surgery. And a loan deal would have given Milan an entire season to probe further into the problem and hopefully find a way to rectify it. There's actually some logic to the whole thing if you think with your head instead of your heart.
:ilol:
What makes you think I don't want Milan to win anything for 10 years? That's just about the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. The difference between me and people who think like you is that I don't think the situation is so dire that it's going to take Milan 10 years to win anything. :rone:
I didn't really say you don't want milan to win anything for 10 years, just that you wouldn't mind if milan doesn't win anything in 10 years. There is a difference there. In the world of sports, talent wins championships. From a talent perspective, this team is in very bad shape. We have some old former stars who are aging rapidly but still have to shoulder the heavy burden of carrying the team single handedly. In the meantime, we have no talented youngsters who are even remotely capable of developing into world class players. To add insult to injury, we have a management that doesn't care about winning or building a better team. The only thing they are concerned about are money and some retarded word games to screw around with the fans. A team that lost its superstar and his successor should by all means be classfied as being in crisis and yet the management seem content to pocket the money and BS the fans all summer long instead of doing their actual job. I don't know about you, but to me, the situation is dire and we are indeed in crisis.
As far as the Cissokho thing goes, here is my view. If, as you said, Cissokho was being considered as a cornerstone of our future franchise by milan management, then he cannot be compared to a car. A car is more or less of a luxury good as you can get away with buying a cheap car without impacting your ability to go places. I see Cissokho more like the foundation of your house. Would you try to save a few bucks on the foundation of your house if it means there is a major risk associated to it? I wouldn't. IF we indeed see Cissokho as a big part of our team in the next decade, then there is no reason to try to lower his fees with this dental thing. Either he can or he can't be the future LB of this team, that's the end of the story. A long term health problem would be unlikely to surface in a year anyway, so the loan deal made no sense.
ACMILAN1983
25-08-2009, 14:53
Well the possibilities have really narrowed down. It seems like the only person we are linked with is Rafinha......but if and only if we sell Oddo.
I wouldn't be surprised if we snatch Drenthe from Madrid on a loan with the option to buy. I know that the move was dismissed as soon as we were linked with him......but I just don't see how the management will spend 10 mil on Rafinha....so I'm just thinking of cheap options that might be available to us.
I think Rafinha for 10m is realistic. After all, we were willing to buy Cissokho for more and he's less proven. I think it depends on Oddo though. I think he'll go West Ham in a permanent move, but I think they want a loan deal.
Ideally, factoring there's only the last 5 days or so left, we'd get one fullback (probably Rafinha right now) and one creative midfielder as a backup.
sheva-gila
25-08-2009, 15:20
I dont think we will get a LB and MF we'd end up with a LB and thats all for this mercato
I didn't really say you don't want milan to win anything for 10 years, just that you wouldn't mind if milan doesn't win anything in 10 years. There is a difference there.
Well then I don't see how you get that I wouldn't mind if Milan didn't win anything for 10 years. How do you figure that? First of all, I can't completely discount the possibility that Milan will win the Scudetto this year. Maybe this Milan team doesn't have the greatness of some of the past teams, but on the other hand the competition pretty much sucks. Inter and Juve are two relatively ordinary teams that are a bit lacking in creativity (something that Milan is not lacking). I don't see any other teams that are any great shakes either. Also, I am both patient and realistic. If Milan doesn't win anything this year, it doesn't mean they won't win anything for 10 years. It only means they wouldn't win anything this year. There's always next year. There are still five days left in the mercato. Maybe Milan will buy a good fullback. If not, maybe there will be additions in January. And if not, we have the entirety of next summer's mercato to bring in more players. The sky is not falling.
In the world of sports, talent wins championships. From a talent perspective, this team is in very bad shape. We have some old former stars who are aging rapidly but still have to shoulder the heavy burden of carrying the team single handedly. In the meantime, we have no talented youngsters who are even remotely capable of developing into world class players. To add insult to injury, we have a management that doesn't care about winning or building a better team. The only thing they are concerned about are money and some retarded word games to screw around with the fans. A team that lost its superstar and his successor should by all means be classfied as being in crisis and yet the management seem content to pocket the money and BS the fans all summer long instead of doing their actual job. I don't know about you, but to me, the situation is dire and we are indeed in crisis.
If you think the talent level of this team is bad, then I don't know what to say to you. Good god, man. Pato, Huntelaar, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Flamini, Gattuso, Nesta, Silva, Zambrotta, etc.? You think those guys are without talent?
As for all these old players shouldering the heavy burden, do you have any idea what the average age of the lineups of the "big three" Serie A teams happens to be? The average age of Milan's starting lineup against Siena last weekend was 28.5 years. The average age of the midfield and forwards was 26.8 years. The average age of the defense (which tends to be older as a norm) was just a smidgen over 30. If Milan buys a younger fullback to replace Jankulovski, those numbers will go down further. They'll go down slightly with Huntelaar in the lineup instead of Boriello. In fact, the oldest player in Milan's regular lineup is Nesta, who at 33 is not that old for a center back.
Now, do you know what the average age of Inter's lineup that took the pitch against Bari on Sunday was? It was 30.3 -- almost two years per man older than Milan's lineup. The average age of their defense was 32 and the average age of their midfielders and forwards was 29. The average age of the Juventus starting lineup on Sunday was 28.7.
And let's revisit a couple of statements you made:
In the meantime, we have no talented youngsters who are even remotely capable of developing into world class players.
So what's Pato? Chopped liver? I realize Pato sounds kind of like pate and it means duck, but seriously -- what young players do either Inter or Juve have that even approach Pato's class?
A team that lost its superstar and his successor
Okay, how many times do I have to say this? Gourcuff was never, ever, ever, viewed as a replacement for Kaka. Never. Ever. Why do some of you insist on perpetrating this total nonsense? And whatever you believe he might have become is irrelevant because he didn't do much for Milan and he didn't even play for Milan last season. So nothing -- not a damned (oops, I meant darned) thing -- was lost from the Milan lineup when Gourcuff was purchased by Bordeaux. In fact, Milan made a very nice profit off the deal that apparently provided the money to buy Huntelaar. So just think of it as trading Gourcuff for Huntelaar.
Now please let's not get started on the Gourcuff thing again.
:5horse:
As far as the Cissokho thing goes, here is my view. If, as you said, Cissokho was being considered as a cornerstone of our future franchise by milan management, then he cannot be compared to a car. A car is more or less of a luxury good as you can get away with buying a cheap car without impacting your ability to go places. I see Cissokho more like the foundation of your house. Would you try to save a few bucks on the foundation of your house if it means there is a major risk associated to it? I wouldn't. IF we indeed see Cissokho as a big part of our team in the next decade, then there is no reason to try to lower his fees with this dental thing. Either he can or he can't be the future LB of this team, that's the end of the story. A long term health problem would be unlikely to surface in a year anyway, so the loan deal made no sense.
You were the one who started with the car analogies, not me. Now all of a sudden you're switching to house analogies. Let it go. You'll thank yourself for it. Really.
:5horse:
Brasileiro
25-08-2009, 18:52
I agree, that Leo and Braida made a good job with Kaka and Pato, because they were two of the hottest prospect that time and became champions, and also cost us almost nothing. :)
But since Pato has arrived I can't see any scouting activities from Braida (hope he will get me wrong), and what am I pissed off that Inter just signed almost for nothing one of the best prospect from Brazil last year, who will arrive next year and can be as good as Ronaldinho by time.
He is Coutinho, he would have been the perfect replacement for Kaka!
So Juve's and Inter's trequartista problem is solved for the next 5-6 years, but our phenomenon Ronaldinho has max. 3 more years and he is finished!
We need somebody next year who could be his long term replacement, now that Gourcuff has gone:(
I have heard about another brazilian hot prospect Neymar, he is a seconda punta, but very similar to Robinho!
Nice post, but here´s the problem, gregorio:
If they bought him, people would have jumped at mgt because they only want Italians... "there´s so much Brazilians", even if they are only 3(Pato, Ronaldinho and Thiago, since Dida will leave soon) and these type of thing. Btw where are that guy from England that said to not buy a Brazilian defender? Forget his name, but want to see if he still think we need to sell Thiago Silva and that he´s trash :rollani:
I could care less if a players is from USA, Italy, Brazil, Spain or Argentina(ok, now I´m lying :grinser: )...I want the best for Milan. It´s the Globalization...of course betweeen a good(average) foreign and a Italian it´s more smart to by a Italian, but if you want to remain a big club today, you need the best players, period.
Alex Fergusson some years ago, pay cheap money and get the fullbacks twins from Fluminense. Even a blind could have see at youth competitions that these 2 kids would be amazing. Inter bought Coutinho. Real Madrid bought Marcelo for 6 Millions and we Grimmi :rollani: Last season the 2 kids from Uruguai(when Benfica buy the best 2 from there):rollani:
Regarding Neymar, besides the talent, he´s still a project. The problem is: He will cost a big amount of money for a project. Pato was young, but also was carring his team at 17 years old. Neymar besides to win some games for Santos, still isn´t at the level that Pato was...
Just a hint: Braida, came here and buy this 18/19 old before the price raises more(just for example): He can be groomed as Ronadinho heir or play on the left or right in our mid...c´mon, it´s not that hard to find a talent :irritate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2E0_Y8tADI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PYEyiT4dnE
Brasileiro
25-08-2009, 19:11
Hold on here... There are loads of 'next Ronaldinho/Robinho/Ronaldo' coming out of Brazil every year, and far from everyone of them fullfil anywhere near what has been predicted for them. It's only a couple of summers since Inter signed the amazing Kerlon that juggles the ball on his head, didn't really turn out to be that amazing during his loan in Chievo though.
And about Grosso, sure he's been good for Italy, but haven't we learned anything from the Oddo signing?
Also apparently Rafinha's agent is in Milan: http://milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=11132
To be fair, Christian... The problem with Kerlon is healthy. He just can´t stay away from injured list. Sad, because despite people only focus on that trick, he was a amazing player...a complete(besides height) offensive mid.
Inter take a huge bet buying him(since he almost didn´t play here for 3 years after to broke the ankle), but if I´m not wrong, it was very cheap...and the kid at least won a title and was the MVP with his NT, and not a unknow player that did nothing important with his team that we are buying in South America.
Regarding this new Ronaldinho ´s Robinho´s thing...you know what is funny? We(Brazilians) rarely label these kids the new Ronnie or Robinho. Seriously, only the agents and 1 or 2 journalist(receiving money) do this here... We even make fun of our rivals(Argies) that loves to label(and find) a new Maradona :)
It´s only a European pappers thing... And I can´t believe people still buy this type of comparisson.:v46:
Btw, it´s not a knock on you...I´m just using your post to talk about it, ok? :)
Just a hint: Braida, came here and buy this 18/19 old before the price raises more(just for example): He can be groomed as Ronadinho heir or play on the left or right in our mid...c´mon, it´s not that hard to find a talent :irritate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2E0_Y8tADI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PYEyiT4dnE
I'm serious about what I'm going to say: people being in a management of big clubs should come 5 minutes a day on this kind of forums ... Just 5 minutes, they would have many ideas.
Also, if these guys have children or know some children, they should pay one of them to play Football Manager for example ...
We don't need to have 50 scouts in the club, actually, one guy being able to use a computer and internet would be enough (when you see that on this forum, you and another person can give informations directly from Brazil, I can give informations directly from France, some people are in the East European countries where there are plenty talents, etc, and this forum isn't the biggest one for Milan ...), then once a target is chosen, he could fly in his country to watch him, get some more informations and eventually meet him and his club.
Christian
25-08-2009, 20:09
To be fair, Christian... The problem with Kerlon is healthy. He just can´t stay away from injured list. Sad, because despite people only focus on that trick, he was a amazing player...a complete(besides height) offensive mid.
Inter take a huge bet buying him(since he almost didn´t play here for 3 years after to broke the ankle), but if I´m not wrong, it was very cheap...and the kid at least won a title and was the MVP with his NT, and not a unknow player that did nothing important with his team that we are buying in South America.
Regarding this new Ronaldinho ´s Robinho´s thing...you know what is funny? We(Brazilians) rarely label these kids the new Ronnie or Robinho. Seriously, only the agents and 1 or 2 journalist(receiving money) do this here... We even make fun of our rivals(Argies) that loves to label(and find) a new Maradona :)
It´s only a European pappers thing... And I can´t believe people still buy this type of comparisson.:v46:
Btw, it´s not a knock on you...I´m just using your post to talk about it, ok? :)
Yeah, sure ;)
I honostly haven't watched Coutinho at all, and Kerlon only a little bit, my point was just that blaming the management for not bringing in someone who has only yet played a handfull of games perhaps is a bit far fetched. Besides I don't see any Kaká's or Pato's having been signed by Inter from South America in the last decade, Recoba or Adriano are the closest I guess, but I'd rather have our Brazilians.
About the names, I guess it is the European press that comes up with these names then (The Brittish press I bet!). Just try to google 'The new Kaká' and you get 50 different players that Arsenal are reportedly trying to sign. Some of the names are abit far fetched to, remember Anderson was called 'the new Ronaldinho' back before he joined Man Utd, not that he's a bad player, but he's not that Ronaldinho'ish :)
Btw Geo, I remember reading that Everton or something like that used Football Manager to scout for players.
boing boing
25-08-2009, 20:41
Cobolli enjoys Juve's DD pair (http://www.football-italia.net/aug26e.html)
Football Italia getting naughty with their article titles. :grinser:
Brasileiro
25-08-2009, 20:52
I'm serious about what I'm going to say: people being in a management of big clubs should come 5 minutes a day on this kind of forums ... Just 5 minutes, they would have many ideas.
Also, if these guys have children or know some children, they should pay one of them to play Football Manager for example ...
We don't need to have 50 scouts in the club, actually, one guy being able to use a computer and internet would be enough (when you see that on this forum, you and another person can give informations directly from Brazil, I can give informations directly from France, some people are in the East European countries where there are plenty talents, etc, and this forum isn't the biggest one for Milan ...), then once a target is chosen, he could fly in his country to watch him, get some more informations and eventually meet him and his club.
You know, Geo...I´m now curious to play Football Manager. I mean, I saw in another forum one guy talking about a Brazilian young player that I never heard, and the guy said the kid was the real deal in FM :)
I did a research and found the kid profile in a Brazilian team(youth roster), and can´t believe they put him on a game. From what I read, they have(in game) zillions of kids from all most importants leagues in the world!! How can they do this? How can they put ratings on these kids? Crazy thing...
Ragarding forums, I have some friends(journalist) that some times write about international football(nothing big, just local pappers), and one of them was ready to make a article about Seedorf(full of praise, and calling him a fan favourite and one of the best...), when I said to him to go to MM, and read what Milan fans around the world think about the actual Seedorf... I even said to him to look for Gabriel posts in special:haha:
The guy deleted all the work he did:haha:
There´s a lot of crazy things around forum´s , but you can also find very good informations about the state of the team or players aroung the world.
Yeah, sure ;)
I honostly haven't watched Coutinho at all, and Kerlon only a little bit, my point was just that blaming the management for not bringing in someone who has only yet played a handfull of games perhaps is a bit far fetched. Besides I don't see any Kaká's or Pato's having been signed by Inter from South America in the last decade, Recoba or Adriano are the closest I guess, but I'd rather have our Brazilians.
About the names, I guess it is the European press that comes up with these names then (The Brittish press I bet!). Just try to google 'The new Kaká' and you get 50 different players that Arsenal are reportedly trying to sign. Some of the names are abit far fetched to, remember Anderson was called 'the new Ronaldinho' back before he joined Man Utd, not that he's a bad player, but he's not that Ronaldinho'ish :)
Btw Geo, I remember reading that Everton or something like that used Football Manager to scout for players.
You right, Anderson wasn´t a Ronaldinho type of player(Ronaldinho is unique), but since they came from Gremio and were offensive mid, the comparisson began. Now is Douglas Costa(a amazing prospect, no doubt), but that has his own style, but that the pappers aroung the world are calling the new someone...
Btw, a little of topic, but since you talk about Anderson. Alex Fergusson has a great history, but he´s killining(if not killed) one of the great Brazil´s talent of the last years. Anderson come from to be a amazing offensive mid, to become a good or above average central midfielder. What a way to kill a talent...the guy can´t even score anymore :(
Dzeko beat the crap out of a team mate in training... maybe he is upset about not been able to come to milan.... i could tie Berlu to a chair let Dzeko beet the crap out of him also...
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
How about tieing his 18 year old girlfriend, Noemi Letizia :pp18: , next to him, before unleashing Dzeko on him :r14: :rocky: That would be like an evil scene :devf: from an action Hollywood movie :510:
You know, Geo...I´m now curious to play Football Manager. I mean, I saw in another forum one guy talking about a Brazilian young player that I never heard, and the guy said the kid was the real deal in FM :)
I did a research and found the kid profile in a Brazilian team(youth roster), and can´t believe they put him on a game. From what I read, they have(in game) zillions of kids from all most importants leagues in the world!! How can they do this? How can they put ratings on these kids? Crazy thing...
Ragarding forums, I have some friends(journalist) that some times write about international football(nothing big, just local pappers), and one of them was ready to make a article about Seedorf(full of praise, and calling him a fan favourite and one of the best...), when I said to him to go to MM, and read what Milan fans around the world think about the actual Seedorf... I even said to him to look for Gabriel posts in special:haha:
The guy deleted all the work he did:haha:
There´s a lot of crazy things around forum´s , but you can also find very good informations about the state of the team or players aroung the world.
(
Well I'm glad you refer your friends to MM which is definitely the best in the world! (honestly, we have the most quality posts here - ok I'll be honest now I actually never go to any other forum :D).
J
I'm serious about what I'm going to say: people being in a management of big clubs should come 5 minutes a day on this kind of forums ... Just 5 minutes, they would have many ideas.
Also, if these guys have children or know some children, they should pay one of them to play Football Manager for example ...
We don't need to have 50 scouts in the club, actually, one guy being able to use a computer and internet would be enough (when you see that on this forum, you and another person can give informations directly from Brazil, I can give informations directly from France, some people are in the East European countries where there are plenty talents, etc, and this forum isn't the biggest one for Milan ...), then once a target is chosen, he could fly in his country to watch him, get some more informations and eventually meet him and his club.
Ideas? Yes. Good ones? That's a different story. Message board posters would soon have Milan either bankrupt or relegated. Or both. :D
Maltese Charlie
26-08-2009, 01:33
Ideas? Yes. Good ones? That's a different story. Message board posters would soon have Milan either bankrupt or relegated. Or both. :D
Thank you Rick!!!
A good laugh in the morning makes me feel much better. :ilol:
Mostly I really like your posts and your way of thinking.
Gabriel489
26-08-2009, 01:33
You know, Geo...I´m now curious to play Football Manager. I mean, I saw in another forum one guy talking about a Brazilian young player that I never heard, and the guy said the kid was the real deal in FM :)
I did a research and found the kid profile in a Brazilian team(youth roster), and can´t believe they put him on a game. From what I read, they have(in game) zillions of kids from all most importants leagues in the world!! How can they do this? How can they put ratings on these kids? Crazy thing...
Ragarding forums, I have some friends(journalist) that some times write about international football(nothing big, just local pappers), and one of them was ready to make a article about Seedorf(full of praise, and calling him a fan favourite and one of the best...), when I said to him to go to MM, and read what Milan fans around the world think about the actual Seedorf... I even said to him to look for Gabriel posts in special:haha:
The guy deleted all the work he did:haha:
There´s a lot of crazy things around forum´s , but you can also find very good informations about the state of the team or players aroung the world.
You right, Anderson wasn´t a Ronaldinho type of player(Ronaldinho is unique), but since they came from Gremio and were offensive mid, the comparisson began. Now is Douglas Costa(a amazing prospect, no doubt), but that has his own style, but that the pappers aroung the world are calling the new someone...
Btw, a little of topic, but since you talk about Anderson. Alex Fergusson has a great history, but he´s killining(if not killed) one of the great Brazil´s talent of the last years. Anderson come from to be a amazing offensive mid, to become a good or above average central midfielder. What a way to kill a talent...the guy can´t even score anymore :(
You are making me into a Seedorf's hater.
I only think that any professional player at the highest level like Milan who does not perform at all for 90mins or 180 mins per week should be ashame of themselves.
Look at the facts, they are getting paid more than any great paying jobs in the world for something they had been doing and loving since 2. And yet, do they show it on the field? Like running
ACMILAN1983
26-08-2009, 03:02
Just a hint: Braida, came here and buy this 18/19 old before the price raises more(just for example): He can be groomed as Ronadinho heir or play on the left or right in our mid...c´mon, it´s not that hard to find a talent :irritate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2E0_Y8tADI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PYEyiT4dnE
Glad to see you posting actively Brasileiro. A couple of quick questions if you don't mind...
1) who is that in your video? Some good goals there but any further info about him?
2) What do you think of Rafinha? As you probably know we're linked heavily to him this week and I would like to see your opinion as I'm sure you've probably seen him more than me.
I'm guessing (and hoping) that the only hope for an LB is going to be a Rafinha -(Oddo+cash) swap. I'm sure Schalke will take Oddo since he has the German League experience with Bayern last year. With them wanting 10m, it will probably be Oddo + 5 or 6 million.
Rafinha is a RB.
Ideas? Yes. Good ones? That's a different story. Message board posters would soon have Milan either bankrupt or relegated. Or both. :D
Of course, the guy has to "study" the forum posts ... it is useless to come reading on the forum to know if Aguero would be a good addition to the team or if Messi is a great player !! :D
It is more about prospects ... there are a lot of names on this forum that circulated since some years, and some of these young players will be the ones we will see in the medias in 2-3 years (not all of them of course).
As for Football Manager, to reply Brasiliero, I think you can trust most of their statistics and ratings for players who are more than 16 (there are always some mistakes somewhere, but then, if you're using that game to do your scouting job, you have to go watching the player for real, so you will see from your what was wrong or true ... the game can help to do the scouting job, but it doesn't entirely do it for the scout !! :D). Under that age, you can't rate the players as some of them constantly improve, some improve suddenly without any reason, some don't improve, etc ...
Of course, the guy has to "study" the forum posts ... it is useless to come reading on the forum to know if Aguero would be a good addition to the team or if Messi is a great player !! :D
It is more about prospects ... there are a lot of names on this forum that circulated since some years, and some of these young players will be the ones we will see in the medias in 2-3 years (not all of them of course).
As for Football Manager, to reply Brasiliero, I think you can trust most of their statistics and ratings for players who are more than 16 (there are always some mistakes somewhere, but then, if you're using that game to do your scouting job, you have to go watching the player for real, so you will see from your what was wrong or true ... the game can help to do the scouting job, but it doesn't entirely do it for the scout !! :D). Under that age, you can't rate the players as some of them constantly improve, some improve suddenly without any reason, some don't improve, etc ...
Milan has one of the biggest database containing all the players in the world, we have scouts everywhere around the world. Players we talk about on a forum are also known to Milan, don't worry, that's not the problem. They will know the players before we do, so I don't know why they should check the internet to find new talents?
The problem remains money and the will to buy these players.
Also our transfer policy the last couple of years kind of limited us in buying good youngsters.
Milan has one of the biggest database containing all the players in the world, we have scouts everywhere around the world. Players we talk about on a forum are also known to Milan, don't worry, that's not the problem. They will know the players before we do, so I don't know why they should check the internet to find new talents?
The problem remains money and the will to buy these players.
Also our transfer policy the last couple of years kind of limited us in buying good youngsters.
I wouldn't bet about that ...
When you see the names that were linked with us since a while now (not only on the 2-3 last years), when you see sometimes the comments of our management about some players, I'm not sure about the fact we have so many active scouts in the world.
Or these scouts can't do their job, who was the last player from Croatia (because they have a lot of good, and probably great in some years, players who started to be known 2-3 years ago, and their price wasn't that high at this moment, ask Mrki, he will give you 3-4 names of players who could be useful in our team and probably worth to get a starting spot in our team) ? We can take many countries as examples.
I think we should say to our scouts that South America and Italy are not the only places to play football. Why were Drogba, Essien, and many other African players discovered in France or Belgium and not in Italy and especially in Milan if we have so many scouts around the world ? It's another example ...
When you don't have money to spend, you need excellent scouts to try to bring young talents, and obviously, we don't have much money but we keep trying to get 26+ years old players who cost a lot ...
Rossoneri Fuego
26-08-2009, 05:48
he has one hell of a point the french league is such a important league, wenger constantly rapes league 1 every year for young prospects aka potential world class ballers.
Few days untill the Derby...:firedev:
At the beggining special hello to my friend Brasiliero and (our loyal scout)! :rock3:
Posts on previous few pages were great to read. Aguess in the lack of Milan's activities we started to talk about every possible aspect of worlds football mercato. :ilol:
Thiago Silva always looked strong and smart defender. Nowdays, if we look objectively, BRasil has stronger defensive line then Azzuri: Maicon, Alves, MArcelo, Thiago, Alex, Lucio, Juan... Times change aguess.
Milan has huge problems inside the club's hierarchy, where the wage budget in not professionally balanced and where some players are hugely overpayed. Berlusconi was found himself a coach that will let him interfeer with the team and that will let him sign who he wants and when he wants ( CVarlo was that man ). Wage budget got unbalanced also coz of Galliani's huge misses in mercato, where he overpayed players like emerson, Amoroso, Oddo, Ronaldo, $heva, Dida, Seedorf etc. Some players werent brought in also from unprofesional reasons: Toni at his best for example. As I can see, our best purchases were made by Leonardo, who as it seems now has similar problems with the team as Carlo had ( we'll see what he'll do with "his" linaups).
Braida and Galliani signed bunch of rubbish players in football-money-laundry moves: Viudez, Grimi, Cardaccio, Mattioni etc. Those players were never ment to be Milan players for real. Good players were missed, players like Coutinho, Marcelo, young italian players etc.
In Milan today everything evolves around personal profits, more then before. And that hurts the club obviousely. Money pipes are closed for Milan. I dont know how can I expect that Milan will pay 8-10 mln for Rafinha when we had a great prospect Cissokho ( who was scouted by Leo ) and we couldnt pay for him. Our 15mln to Madrid for Hunter is suspicious to me, becouse that was a back up plan made by Galliani and Perez after we sold KAka' for less then we could!
Do not expect any big moves from Berlusconi, money is gone from Via Turratti. We'll now operate with exchanges, 0 euro players, cheep players from Barca and Madrid and few normal signings now and then. Books will be patched with sales of PAto etc. That sounds sad but that is our future unless somethings changes inside the club drastically.
Rossoneri Fuego
26-08-2009, 06:19
Mattioni should have been given a better chance considering he has duel passports ITA/BRA,garbage cardaccio,viudez have had more time, i mean he has 10 mins of live action at the most with ancelotti, what was he suppose to do? score goals like dani alves? i hope we dont regret it.
Thank you Rick!!!
A good laugh in the morning makes me feel much better. :ilol:
Mostly I really like your posts and your way of thinking.
Thank you Charlie. Greatly appreciated. :3band:
Brasileiro
26-08-2009, 08:19
Well I'm glad you refer your friends to MM which is definitely the best in the world! (honestly, we have the most quality posts here - ok I'll be honest now I actually never go to any other forum :D).
J
There´s no doubt, Jeff...
MM is in another level regarding Milan forum... Even with our board setting the tempers(and frustration) high with their mercato decisions, this is the more high level forum you can find in the net.
Nothing is perfect, no doubt, but there´s a huge gap betweeen MM ad the others:smileani:
You are making me into a Seedorf's hater.
I only think that any professional player at the highest level like Milan who does not perform at all for 90mins or 180 mins per week should be ashame of themselves.
Look at the facts, they are getting paid more than any great paying jobs in the world for something they had been doing and loving since 2. And yet, do they show it on the field? Like running
That wasn´t my intention, Gabriel...sorry.
I said to him to look for your posts, because your feelings regarding Seedorf´s game and efforts, are the same that I have.
The guy became impressed(with our "love" for Seedorf), because he watched just a few games of Milan, and for coincidence, Clarence was very good. So, I had to explain him that unfortunlly, he can not deliver all season ike in the past.
Also, Seedorf still has a high reputation with some pundits(sp?) here, since he´s always in Brazil(vacations), is very friendly and speak a great portuguese. The press loves him...
One more time, it wasn´t my intention to make you a hater, hope that you have understood:smileani:
pirlofanusa
26-08-2009, 09:34
Rafinha is a RB.
we could always slide Zambro to LB
Brasileiro
26-08-2009, 09:40
Glad to see you posting actively Brasileiro. A couple of quick questions if you don't mind...
1) who is that in your video? Some good goals there but any further info about him?
2) What do you think of Rafinha? As you probably know we're linked heavily to him this week and I would like to see your opinion as I'm sure you've probably seen him more than me.
Thanks, my friend... I´m always here(reading) even when I don´thave time to post.
1)This guy is Giulliano, midfielder from Internacional(currently, the best academy here in Brazil) de Porto Alegre.
I mentioned him in "kaka´s Father thread" some time ago, after Brazil NT to win the Under-20 South America Championship. In a team with highly regards propects was Douglas Costa, Walter and Dentinho, Giuliano was elected the MVP of the tournament...with his midfield partner and also Internacional player Sandro, elected the second best.
Giuliano
http://www.internacional.com.br/pagina.php?modulo=3&setor=25&secao=26&subsecao=&codigo=521&categoria=6
Is a offensive mid, but that also has show(at least in Brazil under-20) that can play in 3 position in the diamond mid. Imo, today, he´s better suited to Ronaldinho role(in Europe), but will have no problem to adapt to the left or right mid. Just this month cracked Inter first-11 and is playing at a high level... and Inter is loaded at midfield. A player that lead a Brazilian NT to a title can´t be overlooked. Several great player(and prospects) can´t do that, and handle the pressure... So, when I see a boy do what he did, and start to show it in the professional team, I start to think he can be real good...
The other that I talked, Sandro(DM; Holder):
http://www.internacional.com.br/pagina.php?modulo=3&setor=25&secao=26&subsecao=&codigo=428&categoria=5
... was the captain of under-20 Brazil NT and is a starter with Inter since the begining of Brasileirão. Was linked to Spurs. Actually, they bid for him, but Inter reject(lcheap money, and they just selled Nilmar), and even if they accepted, there´s the work permit question.
Two guys to keep an eye
2) I like Rafinha... No Daniel Alves, but a very good RB. He´s small, but is brave and tough for his height. Thats also a problem, since our central defense is amazing, but not that great in the aerial game. That said, he´s not a Cicinho or Ilsinho type of RB(soft), he can defend and can attack. The only thing that I don´t like is that he would take our last non-Eu spot.
Despite the fact I rate Rafinha really high, can´t see him to be a potential WC player like Alves, Alex, Hernanes or Giuliano for example. But since we are in a mess regardind fullback, I would welcome him with open arms.
Better him in the right and Zambro at the left, than Zambro at the right and Grosso at the left...imo.
Few days untill the Derby...:firedev:
At the beggining special hello to my friend Brasiliero and (our loyal scout)! :rock3:
Posts on previous few pages were great to read. Aguess in the lack of Milan's activities we started to talk about every possible aspect of worlds football mercato. :ilol:
Thiago Silva always looked strong and smart defender. Nowdays, if we look objectively, BRasil has stronger defensive line then Azzuri: Maicon, Alves, MArcelo, Thiago, Alex, Lucio, Juan... Times change aguess.
The great, MRKI:v408: :)
Yep, Brazil also can´t find a great holder for the midfield(Dunga deserve some blame to not test the young guys: Sandro, Rafael Carioca, Jean...)...a position we had a abundance of players in the near past. At the central defence, where we always had few great choices(sometimes just one for generation) we are loaded for 2010S. Africa dand for 2014 in Brazil.
Also, at RB, we only had Cafu for years, and now we have Alves, Maicon, Rafinha...we are also selling our best player:eekani: :moan: :)
Times change...
ACMILAN1983
26-08-2009, 09:55
thanks Brasileiro, your post is greatly appreciated. It seems my thoughts on Rafinha (from what I've seen from him) aren't too different to yours.
pirlofanusa
26-08-2009, 10:10
great post Brasileiro. since Rafinha is only 22 do you still think he has the potential to improve, and how much?
OFFICIAL: Lorenzo De Silvestri Joins Fiorentina From Lazio
johncharles365
26-08-2009, 10:28
Di Silvestre only cost 6 million euro’s what a bargain I hope the management realise that they have missed out on a golden opportunity again. I just hope that Milan are able to get to full back by the end of the month this has to be one of the worst mercato I have experience as a Milan fan
Brasileiro
26-08-2009, 11:36
thanks Brasileiro, your post is greatly appreciated. It seems my thoughts on Rafinha (from what I've seen from him) aren't too different to yours.
I´m glad we agree...
Thats the situation with Rafinha. In one hand, he will be a huge upgrade for our fullback position, but since we have others position lacking depht, I want to spend that last non-EU spot in guy imo would be a MUCH better player in the end. Or maybe I´m wrong, and Rafinha in Milan will take the next step and become a world class player. For example, Maicon wasn´t that good(not a world class) here in Brazil or in Monaco, at least imo...
Just for curiosity, and for you guys to see how unfair are Brazlians fans, Maicon was caled here: Maicon Avenue :) He wasn´t even that bad, but here, when you´re jumping to first team, or you are amazing or trash:wallbang:
great post Brasileiro. since Rafinha is only 22 do you still think he has the potential to improve, and how much?
I have no doubt that he will improve...and in Italy he will learn even more about defense and tactical. But on the other hand, Milan can´t teach height, and he isn´t a genius like Daniel Alves.
Alves is a defender, winger, midfielder and sometimes second-striker in just one package. Another Daniel type of player will be hard to find...so, maybe I´m being unfair comparing both.
To be straight, despite the fact I rate Rafinha as very good RB, I still have my doubts that he´s worth our so precious non-Eu spot. Even though, Milan didn´t value this spot as I´m...
I honestly cant believe we are going to give such a major role to ronnie, and no plan B. im not sure if management are aware of a word, a word which haunted us last season. its called Injury. If ronnie goes out, then we have no one even capable of playing his role on the roster.
and please dont say seedorf can. as i strongly believe he was the reason for our losing during the pre-season.
come on Milan make a surpirse bid for Van Der Vaart. he is dirt cheap right now.
I think we will have some good moments in this season, some victory runs, but we can't expect to have the same starting XI through the entire season.
Our bench just isn't good enough and CL comin' up this year it will be even harder.
pirlofanusa
26-08-2009, 12:23
I´m glad we agree...
To be straight, despite the fact I rate Rafinha as very good RB, I still have my doubts that he´s worth our so precious non-Eu spot. Even though, Milan didn´t value this spot as I´m...
i would normally agree with you, but I doubt we will spend the money to get a top non EU player, so I think Rafinha might just be worth it due to what he can do to upgrade our FB position
pirlofanusa
26-08-2009, 12:26
come on Milan make a surpirse bid for Van Der Vaart. he is dirt cheap right now.
i would be happy with either VDV or Alessandro Diamanti, both should be cheap and R80 needs a backup
We wont sign Rafinha, Milan will not spend any money anymore. Juve made an offer for him according to Magath, also tomorow Grosso deal could be concluded. There is supranatural rumour that we can go for De Ceglie, but Juve will not do that if they are smart.
Players like Marek Jankulovski, Grygera, Zebina, Molinaro, Oddo... play in Milan and Juve and noone is trying to buy Srna coz of his price tag which is 15-18mln aguess. But Srna would be a 15%+ for every team that gets him. Rafinha can even be compared to him. To me he is a mistery and truly a lunetic that still plays for Sakhtar coz he like the huge money and being the man in there. He has place in a big team for sure.
i would be happy with either VDV or Alessandro Diamanti, both should be cheap and R80 needs a backup
Diamanti has just signed with West Ham according to multiple sources. (tuttomercato,goal,football-italia).
Also.....there has been a big turn around with Sneijder. According to tuttomercatoweb the player has reached an agreement with Inter in a 5 year deal and has finally decided to move and play for the merda. source: http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/
Not good news as now they have a huge creative force in the middle. And when Cambiasso comes back they'll have a great partnership in the middle of the park with Sneijder - Cambiasso.
Everyone is using these last few days of the mercato it seems. I just hope that we get that fullback that we desperately need.
i just saw tha Sneijder signed with INter, any truth to this?
ACMILAN1983
26-08-2009, 13:14
I´m glad we agree...
Thats the situation with Rafinha. In one hand, he will be a huge upgrade for our fullback position, but since we have others position lacking depht, I want to spend that last non-EU spot in guy imo would be a MUCH better player in the end. Or maybe I´m wrong, and Rafinha in Milan will take the next step and become a world class player. For example, Maicon wasn´t that good(not a world class) here in Brazil or in Monaco, at least imo...
Just for curiosity, and for you guys to see how unfair are Brazlians fans, Maicon was caled here: Maicon Avenue :) He wasn´t even that bad, but here, when you´re jumping to first team, or you are amazing or trash:wallbang:
I have no doubt that he will improve...and in Italy he will learn even more about defense and tactical. But on the other hand, Milan can´t teach height, and he isn´t a genius like Daniel Alves.
Alves is a defender, winger, midfielder and sometimes second-striker in just one package. Another Daniel type of player will be hard to find...so, maybe I´m being unfair comparing both.
To be straight, despite the fact I rate Rafinha as very good RB, I still have my doubts that he´s worth our so precious non-Eu spot. Even though, Milan didn´t value this spot as I´m...
I think your argument is fair if I'm honest. Certainly Rafinha was never really a first choice for me. That said we could hope for a Maicon, in that with a little direction he could end up being a great player. If we're honest, many struggle early in the careers before coming big. I was thinking of Cafu, who had a tough time in his early career but is now one of the very great wing backs in the history of football and imo probably the greatest Brazilian wingback of around the last 3 decades (I rate Cafu higher than Roberto Carlos).
I'm not really worried about height if I'm honest. I think in his position height can be useful but isn't too necessary. What I would hope for is a hardworking player willing to push up but is also tactically smart and follows instructions. I'm not worried about the Non-EU spot either if I'm honest. It's highly unlikely we will get any other non-eu player either now or January, so if it means this year it goes to Rafinha, then I have no problems.
If we get Rafinha, I'm hoping that we have another Cafu, which means a top quality player who hasn't shown his potential until now. I don't really want to compare him to Daniel Alves though, as Alves has shown his quality ever since he was really young (he caught my eye back when he was 20 and I'm sure even before then he was showing quality).
The other option is Abate at RB. I feel confident that he's able to play as a wingback with some teaching and would really like to see Leo test him at RB.
Maltese Charlie
26-08-2009, 13:59
Looks like Rafinha------BYE----------BYE
Colpo Juve: preso Rafinha
26.08.2009 20.46 di Fabrizio Cicciarelli
Fonte: sportmediaset.it
Nuovo colpo di mercato per la Juventus che, adesso, sarà ancora più brasiliana. Il club bianconero, infatti, ha prelevato dallo Shalke04 il laterale destro Rafinha. Per assicurarsi il 24enne terzino brasiliano, la Juve ha investito 8 milioni di euro. Non è tramontata, comunque, la pista che porta a Fabio Grosso, deciso a lasciare il Lione e a raggiungere a Torino i suoi compagni di nazionale. La tratattiva potrebbe chiudersi nelle prossime ore.
Filipéz 182
26-08-2009, 14:37
our management sux bigtime
johncharles365
26-08-2009, 15:08
Damn Milan plead poverty again man it heard to believe that we are in position where we aren’t able to give 6 million euros for Di Silvestre and 9 million straight away for Rafinha. The club at most must of spent 12 maybe 14 million euros this summer we spent 5 million on huntelaar upfront the rest to paid back over the next 2 seasons, considering we have sold half primavera team and kaka/ gourcuff it is amazing that we don’t have any capital available. This is more than the Italian businessmen stubbiness not to get ripped off something is severally wrong with the club cash flow situation. On a lighter note at least it means that are rivals have burnt up their cash reserves for next season after the summer gluts of spending I can’t really see juventus and inter spending more than 20 million euros in the 2010 summer window. Plus I would be too sure than Schalke 04 would be willing to accept a 8 million euro offer besides it looks like juventus are preoccupied with grosso. Hopefully the players will come together and prove to the Milan fans that they care about the club even if the management have decided to pursue other interests.
Christian
26-08-2009, 15:11
Looks like Rafinha------BYE----------BYE
Colpo Juve: preso Rafinha
26.08.2009 20.46 di Fabrizio Cicciarelli
Fonte: sportmediaset.it
Nuovo colpo di mercato per la Juventus che, adesso, sarà ancora più brasiliana. Il club bianconero, infatti, ha prelevato dallo Shalke04 il laterale destro Rafinha. Per assicurarsi il 24enne terzino brasiliano, la Juve ha investito 8 milioni di euro. Non è tramontata, comunque, la pista che porta a Fabio Grosso, deciso a lasciare il Lione e a raggiungere a Torino i suoi compagni di nazionale. La tratattiva potrebbe chiudersi nelle prossime ore.
Erm, I don't speak Italian, but this is what I get when I translate with google:
Shot Juve: taken Rafinha
26.08.2009 20.46 by Fabrizio cicciarelli
Source: sportmediaset.it
Another blow for Juventus market that now will be even more Brazilian. The club Juventus, in fact, has withdrawn from the right-back Rafinha Shalke04. To make sure the 24 year old Brazilian full-back, Juve has invested 8 million euros. Is not set, however, the track that leads to Fabio Grosso, decided to leave Lyon and Turin, to reach his team-mates. The tratattiva could close in the coming hours.
A bit confusing.
Erm, I don't speak Italian, but this is what I get when I translate with google:
Shot Juve: taken Rafinha
26.08.2009 20.46 by Fabrizio cicciarelli
Source: sportmediaset.it
Another blow for Juventus market that now will be even more Brazilian. The club Juventus, in fact, has withdrawn from the right-back Rafinha Shalke04. To make sure the 24 year old Brazilian full-back, Juve has invested 8 million euros. Is not set, however, the track that leads to Fabio Grosso, decided to leave Lyon and Turin, to reach his team-mates. The tratattiva could close in the coming hours.
A bit confusing.
The rough translation would be more in line with the last thing I read, which was that Juventus had given up on Rafinha because he was too expensive for their budget and that they would focus on Grosso, although they were hopeful of bargaining Lyon down from their 2 million euro evaluation.
Arildonardo
26-08-2009, 15:40
From goal.com regarding Rafinha --> Juventus:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/08/26/1463310/breaking-news-juventus-sign-rafinha-from-schalke-04-report
I just read the same thing on tuttomercatoweb.com . Although they say that it was only an offer of 8mil to Schalke and details are still there to be worked on. And that tomorrow they will offer just over 2mil for Grosso......after which they will try to offload Grygera and De Ceglie (probably to Napoli).
4 days and counting... Leo says we need wide players... and no one has come...
OCmilano
26-08-2009, 18:08
4 days.. Get ready for a suprise from our mgt.
pirlofanusa
26-08-2009, 18:34
I just read the same thing on tuttomercatoweb.com . Although they say that it was only an offer of 8mil to Schalke and details are still there to be worked on. And that tomorrow they will offer just over 2mil for Grosso......after which they will try to offload Grygera and De Ceglie (probably to Napoli).
so we could have bought Grosso with the money we used to give Dinho a raise?
Hasan Rossonero
26-08-2009, 18:58
so we could have bought Grosso with the money we used to give Dinho a raise?
The Dinho raise was reported by Corriere dello sport, which is hardly the standard of accurate reporting.
Either way, our Lothario's unwillingness to spend is annoying.
I can't see us getting good player as long as two person keep talking like this... I'm sure you'll figure who are they...
PERSON 1:
I believe we are good as we are. We have 25 champions in a team that has already won everything. For us the market is closed, and will be reopened only if some champion leaves. You know the financial situation is critical, and the current tax system in Italy doesn't allow us to sign good 23 year old player for 15M that will earn 1.5M per season, so we have to buy champions over 30 that will come for 2M earning 4,5M per season.
PERSON 2:
We have the best starting lineup in the world. Don't forget that Milan won the most trophies in the whole world, so we are the best now. In our squad I see many champions, but Ronaldinho is the best. I don't want to interfere in coaching stuff, but personally I would play Pato and Ronaldinho as strikers and Seedorf behind them. Kaka'? He decided to go and there is nothing I could do to make him stay. You cannot keep a player against his will. (but wolfsburg can) Fullbacks? They aren't important as long as we have Ronaldinho :D
I assume you'll understand the irony in this post :)
Bosniaco
26-08-2009, 19:56
This is how you built a team, the way Inter and Juve did in last two season.Galliani watch and learn. Oh wait you dont learn ****
Brasileiro
26-08-2009, 23:54
I think your argument is fair if I'm honest. Certainly Rafinha was never really a first choice for me. That said we could hope for a Maicon, in that with a little direction he could end up being a great player. If we're honest, many struggle early in the careers before coming big. I was thinking of Cafu, who had a tough time in his early career but is now one of the very great wing backs in the history of football and imo probably the greatest Brazilian wingback of around the last 3 decades (I rate Cafu higher than Roberto Carlos).
I'm not really worried about height if I'm honest. I think in his position height can be useful but isn't too necessary. What I would hope for is a hardworking player willing to push up but is also tactically smart and follows instructions. I'm not worried about the Non-EU spot either if I'm honest. It's highly unlikely we will get any other non-eu player either now or January, so if it means this year it goes to Rafinha, then I have no problems.
If we get Rafinha, I'm hoping that we have another Cafu, which means a top quality player who hasn't shown his potential until now. I don't really want to compare him to Daniel Alves though, as Alves has shown his quality ever since he was really young (he caught my eye back when he was 20 and I'm sure even before then he was showing quality).
The other option is Abate at RB. I feel confident that he's able to play as a wingback with some teaching and would really like to see Leo test him at RB.
Great post...
Reading my post one more time, I think I give too much importance to height. Whats matter is that Rafinha plays hard and is physical for his height...and the quality is there. As Pirlofan said, it´s not like we will spend money in someone better for the non-EU spot.
Since you talk about Cafu, did you know that as a teenage he was rejected by 7 clubs here in Brazil? For seven times he tried to enter in a youth team here in Brazil(we call to play in a "peneira") but seven coaches said no to him:5milan: After 7 "no", finally a São Paulo academy coach asaid a "yes" him... Talk about to fight for a dream;)
But since even Pele was rejected by Conrithians(as a pro, later, he always spanked Corinthians), there´s no shame for Cafu.
Regarding Abate, I want to see him develope in the midfield, to take in the near future Gattuso´s place. I hope we only use him as wingback in desperate times...
Maltese Charlie
26-08-2009, 23:59
The rough translation would be more in line with the last thing I read, which was that Juventus had given up on Rafinha because he was too expensive for their budget and that they would focus on Grosso, although they were hopeful of bargaining Lyon down from their 2 million euro evaluation.
LOL, it's the opposite Rick.
Sport mediaset are reporting that Juve signed Rafinha for eight Million.
Also in the coming hours it is expected to close also Grosso's deal.
ACMILAN1983
27-08-2009, 02:54
I think I just read on milannews that there could effectively be a bidding war for Rafinha now with us offering a loan deal with rights to buy for 9m. If true, it would be hilarious watching two clubs with no money in a bidding war.
Great post...
Reading my post one more time, I think I give too much importance to height. Whats matter is that Rafinha plays hard and is physical for his height...and the quality is there. As Pirlofan said, it´s not like we will spend money in someone better for the non-EU spot.
Since you talk about Cafu, did you know that as a teenage he was rejected by 7 clubs here in Brazil? For seven times he tried to enter in a youth team here in Brazil(we call to play in a "peneira") but seven coaches said no to him:5milan: After 7 "no", finally a São Paulo academy coach asaid a "yes" him... Talk about to fight for a dream;)
But since even Pele was rejected by Conrithians(as a pro, later, he always spanked Corinthians), there´s no shame for Cafu.
Regarding Abate, I want to see him develope in the midfield, to take in the near future Gattuso´s place. I hope we only use him as wingback in desperate times...
I know about Cafu's past and his difficulties, which is why I used him as an example for Rafinha. We can't always buy "geniuses", but surely sometimes we can help struggling talent to reach heights they never even dreamed of? :D
The reason I want to try Abate at RB is because I think he's got all the qualities for a good fullback. He can run a lot at fast pace, can run at players and is good at crossing. Many argued he's a one dimensional player before and though I don't totally agree, I think his natural vertical movements on the pitch are well suited to RB. He's also a very hard worker and willing to fight for the ball, which again is good for a fullback. He's even pretty tall, which is good ;) . If he is tried as a RB, then I think he'd need to work on his positioning and tackling, but besides that I think he's got a lot to offer.
It would also be interesting to see him in Rino's role. If he works on his tackling then certainly he'd be an interesting risk. I can imagine him playing like Flamini does down the left, but down the right obviously, offering an interesting option and balance to the side.
Jay Crisp
27-08-2009, 03:50
. On a lighter note at least it means that are rivals have burnt up their cash reserves for next season after the summer gluts of spending I can’t really see juventus and inter spending more than 20 million euros in the 2010 summer window.
True but I also don't see Milan spending anywhere near 20 million next summer. The reluctance of MGT to invest anything besides half of Huntelaars money is disgusting , we owed 60 million euros Kaka brought in 68 million and Gourcuff 15 million that men at least there should be 23 million available. But we spend 5 million on Huntelaar and the 18 million does a Houdini and vanishes. That 18 mill would of got us Rafinha and prob Van Der Vaart , or De silvestri and maybe Hernanes. The ball has been droped big time this mercato and no real investment has taken place.
The more I think about this mercato the more p1ssed I am . If 23 million could of got us Rafinha and Van der Vaart + Huntelaar or De Silvestri and Hernanes + Huntelaar , I think we would all be happier but no books are balanced (rightly so) but where the fook is the rest of the money ?
On another note Il miss the derby on Saturday night. Its my buddys wedding Saturday , how do I not go and watch the game ....Any ideas my friends..:1d31:
Gabriel489
27-08-2009, 04:12
Well, maybe by next year, MIlan will be sold to another person, who will actually pay for players. I just hope that the new owner get Moggi as the new GM.
Then Milan will really rue the Transfer market with a team of Champions.
slifersd
27-08-2009, 04:25
Well, maybe by next year, MIlan will be sold to another person, who will actually pay for players. I just hope that the new owner get Moggi as the new GM.
Then Milan will really rue the Transfer market with a team of Champions.
That can only happen if Berlusconi sells Pato this winter. He hasn't taken all the money he can take out of this club yet so he is not going to quit. It is truly sad that we can't even buy the best RB in German for 8 million euros and still talking about winning championships.
Jay Crisp
27-08-2009, 06:04
Juventus lose Nedved who was past his best still good.
They sign.
1) Cannavaro
2) Melo
3) Diego
4) Rafinha , subject to confirmation.
Inter lose Ibra huge loss as they have no savior against small teams yet!!
They sign
1 )Milito
2) Motta
3) Lucio
4) Eto + 40 million
5) Sneijder , apparently he has agreed to sign.
Milan we lose Maldini , Kaka , Gourcuff , Carlo no need to say how vital 3 of these were and how good one could of been.
We sign.
1) Onyewu , no great potential not even a good bench player but can head a ball and is as big as a wrestler , taken because he is free.
2) Huntelaar , great potential a good player could be great.
3) Flavio Roma , an upgrade from Kalac nothing more.
4) Silva not signed this summer but looks good.
And we are talked to like idiots by MGT great team great champions yadda yadda yadda. The arrivals of Abate who looks good , De Gennaro who isnt a top quality player are not new signings.
We have been bullsh1tted to all summer money disappears and we can't afford players for 6 - 8 million. And then these idiots keep saying that no one has won more trophies in the world than us my god that is a lie , Real Madrid have and haven't Boca Juniors overtaken us again.
I know you guys all know all the info above but looking at it all down it show's that we are a pitty. No one else is running at a profit and while it is good to be , it just makes us non competitive . I must be going through a bad day but Im just not confident about the new season. 2 injuries and we are in serious trouble.
No team goes through an injury free season , and it dosnt have to be long term . If Pato , Dinho or Nesta and Silva miss 3 or 4 or 5 games at the same time that could put us out of the title race or a CL spot.
Juventus lose Nedved who was past his best still good.
They sign.
1) Cannavaro
2) Melo
3) Diego
4) Rafinha , subject to confirmation.
Inter lose Ibra huge loss as they have no savior against small teams yet!!
They sign
1 )Milito
2) Motta
3) Lucio
4) Eto + 40 million
5) Sneijder , apparently he has agreed to sign.
Milan we lose Maldini , Kaka , Gourcuff , Carlo no need to say how vital 3 of these were and how good one could of been.
We sign.
1) Onyewu , no great potential not even a good bench player but can head a ball and is as big as a wrestler , taken because he is free.
2) Huntelaar , great potential a good player could be great.
3) Flavio Roma , an upgrade from Kalac nothing more.
4) Silva not signed this summer but looks good.
And we are talked to like idiots by MGT great team great champions yadda yadda yadda. The arrivals of Abate who looks good , De Gennaro who isnt a top quality player are not new signings.
We have been bullsh1tted to all summer money disappears and we can't afford players for 6 - 8 million. And then these idiots keep saying that no one has won more trophies in the world than us my god that is a lie , Real Madrid have and haven't Boca Juniors overtaken us again.
I know you guys all know all the info above but looking at it all down it show's that we are a pitty. No one else is running at a profit and while it is good to be , it just makes us non competitive . I must be going through a bad day but Im just not confident about the new season. 2 injuries and we are in serious trouble.
No team goes through an injury free season , and it dosnt have to be long term . If Pato , Dinho or Nesta and Silva miss 3 or 4 or 5 games at the same time that could put us out of the title race or a CL spot.
Juventus did well replacing Nedved but I'm not convinced by Melo and Cannavaro. I don't like their team one bit, their only bright sparkle is Giovinco.
As for Rafinha, it appears Juve cannot sign another non-EU player (Diego + Melo ?), according to Goal. http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/08/27/1464250/juventus-have-not-signed-rafinha-alessio-secco
As for Inter, well apart from Lucio I am not really impressed by their signings either, even if Sneijder comes. IMO he is a great player but he has to take his skills to a new level if he wants to lead a squad like Inter, where there is no creative player other than him. I don't think he can do that, he's definately not the right man for the job, he needs to be surrounded by players who can move the ball around well and be creative, in order for him to have an impact.
Inter bought good players, but no superstars like Ibrahimovic. Eto'o? Great forward but without 10.000 passes from Xavi or Iniesta he won't score that much.
What Inter did was increase their depth, which no doubt is good but I don't think they have any more individual quality than last year. Still they are the best team in Serie A, that's for sure.
As for us I completely agree we have had one of the worst mercato's in recent years. Huntelaar is our only "good" signing, I don't consider Silva as a new signing. But perhaps it's unfair to say we lost Gourcuff as he never really made an impact, so you can't really say we missed him.He might be great in Bourdeaux, but he could suck in Milan again. (Gila syndrome)
Injury is indeed our biggest competitor this year.
But perhaps it's unfair to say we lost Gourcuff as he never really made an impact, so you can't really say we missed him.He might be great in Bourdeaux, but he could suck in Milan again. (Gila syndrome)
Injury is indeed our biggest competitor this year.
I dont want to be rude, I will comment strictly on the technical issue of football, not on you personally:
It is absolutely visible and clear Gourcuff is a complete and class player who we have lost due to our unprofessional behaviour from Galliani and Ancelotti towards the player. His class is visible from every game he plays. Good eye for football is shown when you watch players play in smaller leagues and not when someone says "well Ibrahimovic is a great player".
As far as Im converned Gourcuff was a huge and horrible mistake made by Galliani, Ancelotti and in the end Berlusconi.
Again, I dont want to insult you personally, Im just commenting from technical point of wiew. Cheers man.
we have to stop talking about gourcuff. he is gone and won't come back.
let's focus on players we have and others that might come.
Hasan Rossonero
27-08-2009, 07:36
Secco: Rafinha is not our objective.
milannews.it
Christian
27-08-2009, 07:50
milannews.it (´http://milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=11204) are saying that we'll most likely try to terminate Oddo's contract and try for Adriano (The full back) today, maybe during the CL draw?
Today, AC Milan will try the final assault to end by presenting a thinning in Monaco, during the Champions League draw, to meet the emissaries of Seville with whom to discuss the sale of Adrian, as is known, entered into route collision with the coach Jimenez. But this operation, with Oddo anchored his two-year agreement, could be perfected through a supply-borrowing expensive. Besides, even the hypothetical negotiation with West Ham (exchange with Behrami) does not seem to have positive outcome. The former AC Milan and Lazio will remain, however, reject any other case, a fortiori the termination of the contract.
It is absolutely visible and clear Gourcuff is a complete and class player who we have lost due to our unprofessional behaviour from Galliani and Ancelotti towards the player. His class is visible from every game he plays. Good eye for football is shown when you watch players play in smaller leagues and not when someone says "well Ibrahimovic is a great player".
Again very biased post, Mrki.
It will "absolutely visible and clear" when he does something big in a big league or with French NT in a big competition.
Until then he's just a good player with potential.
And one more thing about this player. When Leonardo and Galliani went to France to speak to him, they knew Kaka is about to leave for Real Madrid and probably told him that he'll get more playing tome.
They couldn't guarantee a starting spot but told him he''ll get his chance. He refused. Why? Probably because he's a pu$$y.
He would much rather stay in Bordeaux, be their star player and never again face such stiff competition like in Milan. So be it.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. Time will tell.
Gabriel489
27-08-2009, 08:19
Again very biased post, Mrki.
It will "absolutely visible and clear" when he does something big in a big league or with French NT in a big competition.
Until then he's just a good player with potential.
And one more thing about this player. When Leonardo and Galliani went to France to speak to him, they knew Kaka is about to leave for Real Madrid and probably told him that he'll get more playing tome.
They couldn't guarantee a starting spot but told him he''ll get his chance. He refused. Why? Probably because he's a pu$$y.
He would much rather stay in Bordeaux, be their star player and never again face such stiff competition like in Milan. So be it.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. Time will tell.
To be fair, if I am in Gourcuff shoes, I would not come back to Milan, even if they promise me they will build the team around me......
1. Pride and ego. As Milan never showed they want Gourcuff back until he start hitting form in Feb. Thats already too late.
2. Kaka is leaving. To be honest, Gourcuff is not stupid, as he knows that Dinho is still around and Berlu loves Dinho. Also, I am sure he knew Dinho is a fav of Berlu. Where will he play then? If Galli and Leo told him Seedorf, Kaka and Dinho are all leaving, thats another story.
3. He is doing well with Bordeaux and into the CL....why does he wants to leave to Milan? Put it this way, you are doing well at your company and all is great with International expansion.... would you switch to junior position in an already established International firm in another country.
But enough with Gourcuff, as he is not going to come back
OK, Gabriel I see your point. But i don't agree with you :)
It is hard for me to understand when someone isn't ambitious.
Football players want to win trophies, want to play at big clubs. Very few choose to stay in a small club. I understand it's a safe environment but where's the challenge?!
I'm glad you mentioned that business example because I just transfered from a small Audit company to a big Audit company (one of the Big4)... everything was working for me, but I wanted more. You understand? I can do better. I will start as a junior, but in time I will achieve more there. That's why I can't understand him. If he knows he's good, than he's confident that he will show his class to the new coach and earn his place in the team.
But enough. You're right, he's not coming. Luckily we have Seedorf :grinser:
ZvonimirBoban
27-08-2009, 08:59
I dont want to be rude, I will comment strictly on the technical issue of football, not on you personally:
It is absolutely visible and clear Gourcuff is a complete and class player who we have lost due to our unprofessional behaviour from Galliani and Ancelotti towards the player. His class is visible from every game he plays. Good eye for football is shown when you watch players play in smaller leagues and not when someone says "well Ibrahimovic is a great player".
As far as Im converned Gourcuff was a huge and horrible mistake made by Galliani, Ancelotti and in the end Berlusconi.
Again, I dont want to insult you personally, Im just commenting from technical point of wiew. Cheers man.
No, that's not the point of it mrki. In my definition, a "LOSS" is when you lost something that makes you achieve something in the past, and with you lost it, you can't or will be harder to achieve that same thing. The example is Inter LOST Ibra (there will be no more saviour against minnows!), Milan LOST Kaka' (he singlehandedly won us CL, okay), etc. But this kid never made impact for team. Maybe if he stays here, he will make impact or he will not, but he did not make it yet, so it's technically (TECHNICALLY) not a LOSS.
Arildonardo
27-08-2009, 09:14
According to Football Italia Rafinha is a non-EU player and Juventus have no space to sign more non-EU players this year.
Some people speak again about Gourcuff ... so, again, I think Gourcuff made a rationnal choice regarding his career.
Anyway, his father talked about that some days ago and said that after the meeting between Gourcuff and our beloved Galliani and our, at this moment, next coach, Leonardo, Gourcuff doubted a lot and actually thought a lot about coming back to Milan whereas this idea never came in his mind for the 7-8 months before.
It's after a discussion with Bordeaux management and his father that he decided to stay in Bordeaux as, from what say Christian Gourcuff, Milan already lied to his son in the past and so it was better to stay in Bordeaux where the same promises that Milan made were already reality.
All that comes from Christian Gourcuff, the closest person in Gourcuff's entourage.
Topic closed for me about Gourcuff except if next year we try to take him back ... :D
ZvonimirBoban
27-08-2009, 09:47
It's after a discussion with Bordeaux management and his father that he decided to stay in Bordeaux as, from what say Christian Gourcuff, Milan already lied to his son in the past and so it was better to stay in Bordeaux where the same promises that Milan made were already reality.
I cannot understand what things we can't give to him. First-team place?
Ooooo... maybe MONEY. WAGE. We promised to him we would pay him BIG and suddenly we should balance the books, he did not have BIG MONEY we promised to him and he LEFT.
But that's just my hypotheses... Not a well-researched one, I may say.
ZvonimirBoban
27-08-2009, 09:48
According to Football Italia Rafinha is a non-EU player and Juventus have no space to sign more non-EU players this year.
They signed Caceres, Melo, and Diego. Melo is non-EU but he played in Italy so it didn't count, but yes they signed 2 non-EU players already.
That Gorky fellow no good, I tell you...he very afraid of Italian Serie A becoz that League manufacter great talents and French league manufacter nobody important.
Drogba, Essien, Malouda, Benzema all not achieve nothing in big boys.....while Italy has 4 time CL winner, and the Great Oddo who could teach all of the French poor league how to cross.
And it not becoz Milan in crisis...Noooooo and MGMT superb, it is becoz he very affraid
I tell you
Maltese Charlie
27-08-2009, 09:57
Secco: Rafinha is not our objective.
milannews.it
It is really confusion.
Yesterday Sport Mediaset said that Rafinha is a Juve player and in a couple of ours also Grosso will sign.
Then Magath said that on Monday Rafinha will be officially a Juve player.
And now Milan News reported Secco that Rafinha was never their objective as he is a non EU player and have no space available for him. Also they will not sign anybody else on the right.
I think Secco is not telling the whole truth. At least Juve interest in the player was reported in both German and Italian media.
The good thing at the end of this report says that in this case the player has a free way to join Milan in a loan deal plus a buy out clause at a fixed price of 9 million Euros.
Caceres came on loan so it doesn't count either.
You can only buy 1 non-eu per year/season, and it was Diego. (unless he has dual citizenship?)
Maltese Charlie
27-08-2009, 10:08
Caceres came on loan so it doesn't count either.
You can only buy 1 non-eu per year/season, and it was Diego. (unless he has dual citizenship?)
No, I don't think you are right on this.
An Italian team can sign 2 non EU players in one season but have to release another non EU player.
For example Milan signed Tiago Silva this summer and still has another post.
If Milan will also sign Rafinha they have to release Viudez to make way.
And Boban is right If a non EU player is already playing in Italy doesn't count.
ok...my bad :)
but it means Juve CAN buy Rafinha?
ZvonimirBoban
27-08-2009, 10:15
Caceres came on loan so it doesn't count either.
You can only buy 1 non-eu per year/season, and it was Diego. (unless he has dual citizenship?)
When Sheva came on loan, he ate our 1 non-EU spot.
Information for you, now we are able to do 2 non-EU purchases FROM OUTSIDE ITALY per season, we have used one on Thiago Silva (yes he is counted as this season's purchase as last season those spots were used for Sheva and Viudez).
Juventus in other hand, have used them also by signing Caceres and Diego.
Maltese Charlie
27-08-2009, 10:16
ok...my bad :)
but it means Juve CAN buy Rafinha?
Secco was just reported that they cannot.
ZvonimirBoban
27-08-2009, 10:28
And it means that Juventus can not buy Rafinha this season. (BTW, I'm not 100% sure whether he or Diego has EU citizenship. Someone can confirm?)
johncharles365
27-08-2009, 10:53
loans do count as a signing otherwise silva would have played last year as shevchenko was on loan, i think caceres hold a eu passport i not sure i can't find any information on his status. i think diego has a eu passport http://www.footballdatabase.com/index.php?page=player&Id=1043&b=true&pn=Diego_Ribas_da_Cunha
johncharles365
27-08-2009, 11:17
one point to make why would juventus been so keen to sign rafinha if they have caceres on their books plus they have been chasing dossena and grosso all summer which suggest they want a left back. I don’t doubt juventus interest in the player if they aren’t able to sign grosso
boing boing
27-08-2009, 11:23
UCL Draw: http://www.uefa.com/live/competitions/ucl/draw/2010.gs/draw_basic.html
Pot 1 is over. Milan is in group C. Our opponents will come next.
ZvonimirBoban
27-08-2009, 11:31
We will meet Kaka'. Sweet.
Jay Crisp
27-08-2009, 11:33
^^^^ and this makes you happy ?...me too , watch how Man utd get an easy group every year guaranteed
ZvonimirBoban
27-08-2009, 11:38
I'm very happy. We'll beat Real Mierda to the ground. And Ibra will face Inter.
LOL Real and Marseille........
Now it would be only fair to get Wolfsburg in the end :tong:
ZvonimirBoban
27-08-2009, 11:53
LOL Real and Marseille........
Now it would be only fair to get Wolfsburg in the end :tong:
Poor Zurich. :haha::sagrin:
It's gonna be very interesting though :5schal:
It's gonna be very interesting though :5schal:
Why is it that ESPN insists on reporting boring stuff like Barca and Inter being drawn together, all the while leaving out AC and Madrid? :mad:
It just pisses me off when they talk about Eto'o and Ibramobitch returning to their old clubs and making it sound oh so interesting.
What are Kaka and Huntelaar? Chopped liver? :P
That said, who thinks we'll actually stand a chance against Madrid?
Ryo, Real Madrid isn't a team, yet.
So it would be good for us to face them sooner rather than later. If we meet them In San Siro in the next month, we have a good chance of beating them.
Why is it that ESPN insists on reporting boring stuff like Barca and Inter being drawn together, all the while leaving out AC and Madrid? :mad:
It just pisses me off when they talk about Eto'o and Ibramobitch returning to their old clubs and making it sound oh so interesting.
What are Kaka and Huntelaar? Chopped liver? :P
That said, who thinks we'll actually stand a chance against Madrid?
I actually will be mildly surprised if Milan doesn't beat Real Madrid, especially at the San Siro. Milan still has players who know how to win the Champions League. Real Madrid has been playing fantasy football for so long that they don't. Real Madrid's best chance is if Kaka carries them on his back because I think it's going to be a long time (if ever) before they really play as a team.
Ryo, Real Madrid isn't a team, yet.
So it would be good for us to face them sooner rather than later. If we meet them In San Siro in the next month, we have a good chance of beating them.
Are you sure about that mate?
They added quite a few players, yes, but to say they're not a team isn't right.
They still have Casilias (one of the best, IMO) between the sticks.
They have Pepe in the middle of defense and have paired him up with Raul Albiol (Spanish NT starter and Definitely an upgrade to Canna). In the middle of the park, they happen to have a whole bunch of attackers in C. Ron, Kaka, but they also have Xabi Alonso to spray the passes and Gago to steal the ball. Then up front, they've got Benzima, Higuan and Raul (Their Pippo of sorts). Sidebacks are Arbeloa and... Marcelo?
I mean, yes they have brought in a host of players, but they've still kept more than their fair share. They still have the experienced players at the club like Guti, RVN and Ramos if they really need the backup. Despite their horrendous end of season run, they finished 2nd in La Liga with a comfortable 8 point cushion. The only reason they weren't making headlines was simply because Barca were completely out of this world last season.
Oh, and their squad is quite young too, I don't think they'd really need a whole month to adapt to each other, specially since most have been doing just that since pre-seasons started.
Oh, and Rick, I don't think at the beginning of the group stages, that it's really about actually winning the Champions League yet. I'd rather put it at two teams with a host of new signings and new coaches having a go at one another. Madrid aren't so bad as that they've lost the know-how to win a match, they've just had a major face-lift, whilst ourselves on the other hand have had a comparatively minor one. In head-to-head situations like this, I really expect anything could happen.
And maybe its just me, but I have yet to be convinced that we can beat a top side until we actually do so.
The only victories we've had were against weaker teams, and the Berlu trophy we only took on penalties.... not to mention the crap pre-season results we had before that.
Samaldinho
27-08-2009, 13:49
I think the major issue with Real Madrid is that they have not exactly replicated the Galacticos of yore. Kaka and CR are not the equivalents of Zidane and Figo.
On paper, sure, one is an attacking midfielder, the other a right winger. However, both players have played with very little distribution or passing to their game. Both keep the ball for very long, passing only when the option to score or go for glory has evaded them, and many times, they still push forward with the ball, rather than pass.
Now, when you have either one of these guys, that's not an issue. I'm curious to see how they decide to play together. They have been touted as best friends, but, we'll see how that comes about on the pitch. I guess they're going to have to play a 4-2-3-1 in order to accommodate everyone. That probably means Benzema on the bench, Raul up top, Robben, Kaka, and CR across with Gago and Xabi behind them.
Do I think we can beat them? If Huntelaar can get to grips with our system, and our full backs play well, then yes, I think we can.
But the biggest question mark, is, as usual, what is Ronaldinho going to do?
I think how we play against Inter will determine a lot about our season. That's what Maldini was saying (and some pundits were laughing at). It's not that if we beat Inter that suddenly the scudetto is ours. It is but a marker as to how the new editions to our squad have either made us better or worse, overall.
We all know we became too dependent on Kaka, and if Dinho plays like he has, then we've lost a player to simply grab hold of a game and win it, but he can win it through his passing. Maybe Dinho still can offer some magic? If he does, I think it'll be rare.
But does Huntelaar finally give us that 20+ goal a year striker? Does Pato rise to becoming the next Ronaldo? Does the Silva-Nesta partnership serve as a better upgrade to Maldini-Favalli?
We are a better team than last year, and so far, so good. Again, Inter's game is not just the Derby, it's a litmus test to see what we've lost, what we've gained, and where we are. What does Leonardo do to shut out the game? How will he cope with Inter's formation changes? All these issues will come up.
We made Juve look silly, and Ronaldinho played in spurts, but phenomenal spurts. This game is the biggest we're going to play all year, even up with the CL final (God willing), because it will determine whether this new form of Milan, not a finished article, but the transition we are taking, is on the right track.
sheva-gila
27-08-2009, 14:08
well said mate I do agree with with you and what maldini said all will depend on how w'll play against inter if we end up with victonry than we are on the right track if we lose than G&B will understand that we still lack somethin but to late cuze will be 2 days left for mercato
OCmilano
27-08-2009, 15:39
Come on B & G make something happen in these last days. Sneijder just come to the right side Red/Black. That would be the funniest thing if that happened.
Guys if we sat out R80 would Pirlo play in his possision? or even Seedorf.
I cannot understand what things we can't give to him. First-team place?
Ooooo... maybe MONEY. WAGE. We promised to him we would pay him BIG and suddenly we should balance the books, he did not have BIG MONEY we promised to him and he LEFT.
But that's just my hypotheses... Not a well-researched one, I may say.
What we can't give him is playing time and a important role in the team. This is something you have to earn at milan and not be given. Unless Pirlo leave else we can't give him an important role at the club. Kaka might have left but there is still ronaldinho around. Even without kaka, Gourcuff might not be able to get a first team place in our current squad. I think he wanted to play regularly and make a name for himself rather than sitting on the bench of milan.
sheva-gila
27-08-2009, 15:59
Come on B & G make something happen in these last days. Sneijder just come to the right side Red/Black. That would be the funniest thing if that happened.
Guys if we sat out R80 would Pirlo play in his possision? or even Seedorf.
R80 will start behind pato-boriello/huntelar
Oh, and Rick, I don't think at the beginning of the group stages, that it's really about actually winning the Champions League yet. I'd rather put it at two teams with a host of new signings and new coaches having a go at one another. Madrid aren't so bad as that they've lost the know-how to win a match, they've just had a major face-lift, whilst ourselves on the other hand have had a comparatively minor one. In head-to-head situations like this, I really expect anything could happen.
If you know how to win the Champions League, you know how to win matches along the way. Real Madrid hasn't won their group clear on points and hasn't been past the first knockout round since 2003-04. So pardon me if I'm not quaking in my shoes at the thought of Milan playing them. Milan knows how to win in the Champions League. Real Madrid hasn't proven yet that they do (at least anything resembling the current Madrid incarnation).
:510:
If you know how to win the Champions League, you know how to win matches along the way. Real Madrid hasn't won their group clear on points and hasn't been past the first knockout round since 2003-04. So pardon me if I'm not quaking in my shoes at the thought of Milan playing them. Milan knows how to win in the Champions League. Real Madrid hasn't proven yet that they do (at least anything resembling the current Madrid incarnation).
:510:
But since 2003-04, Kaka', C.Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, and even sometimes Benzema learned how to win their group ... :D
Robben is leaving for Bayern, so it's going to be a 4312 for Real as well, with CR as a forward methinks.
Rossoneri Fuego
27-08-2009, 16:52
they should play a 4231 or a 451 because raul as much as i respect and love raul has to play even tho he slows the game down and cant run back
OCmilano
27-08-2009, 17:21
Im envious of the players that inter got this summer. Great Mercato.
I still think no Ibra no title.
remote2book
27-08-2009, 18:08
we should still push hard for rafhina(sp?) since secco now said that juve are no longer after him...that way we can move zambro to left and no need for abate to convert into a RB
I have no problems whatsoever in playing Real. In fact, I am glad. Victories are never decided on paper. If the best team on paper wins, then Inter would have had at least 10 scudettos and 5 CL's by now. This is our chance to show fantasy footballers like Perez that a team is not bought, it is built.
Hasan Rossonero
27-08-2009, 22:43
Real have pretty much sold Robben to Bayern. That was a huge mistake imo, despite his injuries.
They have some excellent players, but their depth is not that impressive. I would be more fearful of meeting Barcelona or Liverpool in Europe, even if the latter have lost Alonso.
3 more days right, im hoping for some big news.
Payne, let me break it to you. There will be no big news :) The most I'm expecting is a right or left back.
I'm glad milan got Real madrid in cl. It's either we win and the hole team goes to the next rounds full of confidence and gives us much bigger chances of winning, or we lose and were out of the CL, which isnt too unexpected seeing as we didnt really do any major rebuilding this mercato so... but anyways still think we need some strength on our left before the end of the mercato
rt when we sign a fb
that is a big news to milan nowadays
Jay Crisp
28-08-2009, 04:23
I can honestly say with no doubt in my mind that we will not sign anyone. If we do I will buy everyone an icecream. Our MGT are mean and do not want spend any money so you cannot buy players with no money obviously. There are alot of people on this board who think Milan will sign a RB or LB. Im wondering why is it only hope or you guys know something Im not having a go at anyone just looking for some hope I guess....
Without any signing for the 1st team, we have to content with young player?
We have signed Marco Verratti:
http://www.onlysoccer.net/?action=read&idsel=42767
We have monitored this player for a long time:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/ac-milan-keep-tabs-pescara-prospect-marco-verratti-220006
Any other info on him?
What Berlusconi has done is not only a bad move for us fans, its a sport sin! Look at the face of Ricky and how he behaves, forget about the papers and articles etc. Sad, sad move by "milanista" Berlusconi. Bastard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SgEE-Zfqyo&feature=related
Real MAdrid fans can only watch this andsay: "wtf?" Money can buy contracts but not soul.
Gabriel489
28-08-2009, 05:34
OK, Gabriel I see your point. But i don't agree with you :)
It is hard for me to understand when someone isn't ambitious.
Football players want to win trophies, want to play at big clubs. Very few choose to stay in a small club. I understand it's a safe environment but where's the challenge?!
I'm glad you mentioned that business example because I just transfered from a small Audit company to a big Audit company (one of the Big4)... everything was working for me, but I wanted more. You understand? I can do better. I will start as a junior, but in time I will achieve more there. That's why I can't understand him. If he knows he's good, than he's confident that he will show his class to the new coach and earn his place in the team.
But enough. You're right, he's not coming. Luckily we have Seedorf :grinser:
Can't say Gourcuff is not ambitious. He stayed at Bordeax and wants to win the CL with Bordeax. Look back 15 years, and you will find that ManU was not a big club like they are today. Cantona, Schemechial, Keane and even Giggs can all play the big clubs at that time, but they all choose to stay with ManU.
Also, we all think Milan is still a big club, but the fact is, other people might think Milan is becoming Arsenal. Look at it this way, there are rumors of clubs offering Pirlo, and Pato after the sale of Kaka and Milan was actually thinking about it. But do you see rumors of Rooney leaving ManU?
I admire you taking the jump at your job. BUt it is different then what I said. I view Bordeux as a club with a chance to get bigger, like winning CL or always playing in CL for the next 5 years. On top of that, I doubt your new job requires you to move to another country and starts your life from phrase 1.
Anyhow, no point talking about Gourcuff as he is really gone.
great video!
just look at the moment Gattuso comes and slaps kaka on the head! lol (3:40)You can actually hear the slap on the head....lol Rino..lol
Gattuso was probably like "getout from our training ground traitor" :ilol:
Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2009, 06:07
What Berlusconi has done is not only a bad move for us fans, its a sport sin! Look at the face of Ricky and how he behaves, forget about the papers and articles etc. Sad, sad move by "milanista" Berlusconi. Bastard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SgEE-Zfqyo&feature=related
Real MAdrid fans can only watch this andsay: "wtf?" Money can buy contracts but not soul.
To even utter Berlusconi's name with Kaka's is an insult to Kaka'. The sentence somehow becomes dirty. Berlusconi is scum, just pure scum. I cannot wait for the day he leaves our club. I will personally celebrate.
If you take into account his ego, I doubt he will leave.
And I even more doubt he will leave, since he along with Abramovich and Moratti is pushing financial self sustainability regulations for football clubs.
http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/28/1466131/roman-abramovich-backs-uefas-spending-cap-plan-michel
OFFICIAL: Sneijder signs for Inter
&
OFFICIAL: Robben signs for Bayern Munich
Real is really starting to get rid of some of their "dead weight".
But since 2003-04, Kaka', C.Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, and even sometimes Benzema learned how to win their group ... :D
Not playing together as a team for Real Madrid they didn't. ;)
Look back 15 years, and you will find that ManU was not a big club like they are today. Cantona, Schemechial, Keane and even Giggs can all play the big clubs at that time, but they all choose to stay with ManU.
Fifteen years ago, Manchester United was coming off back-to-back Premier League titles, giving them a total of nine top division championships in their history. They had already won the European Cup. So to say Manchester United was not already a "big club" is completely inaccurate. Also, there is a huge difference between being a "big club" in France and being a "big club" in England. Players, even then, left France for England on their way up and usually only left England for France on their way down. Cantona himself played for Marseille and Bordeaux, among other French clubs, before going to Leeds and then Manchester United because it was a step up for his career.
Also, we all think Milan is still a big club, but the fact is, other people might think Milan is becoming Arsenal. Look at it this way, there are rumors of clubs offering Pirlo, and Pato after the sale of Kaka and Milan was actually thinking about it. But do you see rumors of Rooney leaving ManU?
Rumors are rumors. You shouldn't worry so much about them. Milan didn't sell Pirlo and they were adamant from day one that they weren't going to sell Pato. Also, after Manchester United sold Ronaldo and let Tevez go, there may not have been rumors of Rooney leaving, but there were a helluva lot of rumors that Vidic (probably the best center back in the world right now) would leave (many of them even had him coming to little minnow AC Milan, where no decent player wants to play anymore -- at least according to many posters on Milan forums). There were also rumors that Patrice Evra would leave United for Milan. And for every rumor of Pato going to Chelsea, there was a rumor of Cesc Fabregas coming to Milan. Rumors, rumors, rumors. None of it means a damned thing.
Also, if Milan has become a laughing stock because of the summere transfer season (as some of you seem to be so certain), then so has Manchester United. They lost both Ronaldo and Tevez. They were replaced with a winger from Wigan and an over-the-hill striker who came on a free transfer from relegated Newcastle.
Let me assure you that although you and some others might paranoidly think that everyone is laughing at Milan, they aren't. No more than you're laughing at Manchester United. I've actually heard more confidence in Milan's future from fans of other clubs than I've heard from some of the nattering nabobs of negativism floating around here.
I view Bordeux as a club with a chance to get bigger, like winning CL or always playing in CL for the next 5 years.
Bordeaux might do well enough in France to play in the Champions League for the next five years, but winning it? Are you serious?
And just one brief comment on the continued beating of the dead horse that is Gourcuff. Only he can say how much ambition he has. I will assume he has some. Maybe even plenty. But there is also the possibility that after his struggles to impress at Milan he realizes he is not yet ready to make his mark at one of the real "big clubs" in England, Spain or Italy. He's still young and maybe he realizes that another season in France will help him to be better prepared this time.
hitmannq8
28-08-2009, 07:17
What Berlusconi has done is not only a bad move for us fans, its a sport sin! Look at the face of Ricky and how he behaves, forget about the papers and articles etc. Sad, sad move by "milanista" Berlusconi. Bastard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SgEE-Zfqyo&feature=related
Real MAdrid fans can only watch this andsay: "wtf?" Money can buy contracts but not soul.
what was worse mrki, is that so many fans here came attacking Kaka, saying how much he loves money and how it was his decision to leave Milan.....shame on them.
i can't wait for the day milan resigns kaka..even when he's 35
Arildonardo
28-08-2009, 07:24
To even utter Berlusconi's name with Kaka's is an insult to Kaka'. The sentence somehow becomes dirty. Berlusconi is scum, just pure scum. I cannot wait for the day he leaves our club. I will personally celebrate.
Now here's a guy who know's his history... :cpuke:
hitmannq8
28-08-2009, 07:30
He's just angry after recent events from the past few years.... I'm certain he doesn't mean it like that, he's just very passionate about Milan that it made him say such a thing... I'm sure he appreciates Berlusconi as do the most of us.
ginoformaggino
28-08-2009, 07:40
Now here's a guy who know's his history... :cpuke:
Berlusconi, selling Kakà, has sold our soul. :yuck: You can't forget it
Is there something worse? :firedev:
To even utter Berlusconi's name with Kaka's is an insult to Kaka'. The sentence somehow becomes dirty. Berlusconi is scum, just pure scum. I cannot wait for the day he leaves our club. I will personally celebrate.
As a right-wing politician and as a manipulative business tycoon, Silvio is an example of everything I stand against. I have no regard for him whatsoever in those respects. I'm also saddened that in recent years Milan has played second fiddle to his political ambitions and that he's now in a position where he believes he can't politically justify putting his own money into the club. But the fact is that he did 100 times more for Milan than Kaka. Without Silvio, Kaka and so many others would not have played for Milan in the first place. Those who were around in the 1980s know this and understand his importance in the history of the club. Maybe it's true that the time has come for him to sell Milan, but what he did to make Milan the greatest club of the past two decades should be respected. I know that very few posters here realize it and even fewer will admit it in the face of all the anger and pent-up frustration being leveled at Milan's management, but the fact is that Silvio Berlusconi, more than any other single individual, is the reason the vast majority of Milan fans who live outside the city are fans of the club today. They just don't know the club well enough to realize it.
Berlusconi, selling Kakà, has sold our soul. :yuck: You can't forget it
Is there something worse? :firedev:
No player, let alone someone who didn't even grow up in the club, carries the soul of a club.
Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2009, 08:26
I know all the standard pieties. I understand what you're saying Rick. I have supported the club since 1987, and I have read extensively on Berlusconi's career (both in Italian and English, so the comments about me not knowing my history are laughable, but understandable if my post was taken on its own).
The man is a scourge. Even if it meant Milan were languishing in mid-table, I would want Berlusconi to leave. I cannot reconcile him with my scruples, but I am in a bind because when I started supporting Milan I was very young, and unaware of what a monster Berlusconi is. Now, with my love so deep for this club, I can't leave the club. So, hopefully Berlusconi will.
Christian
28-08-2009, 09:27
The man is a scourge. Even if it meant Milan were languishing in mid-table, I would want Berlusconi to leave. I cannot reconcile him with my scruples, but I am in a bind because when I started supporting Milan I was very young, and unaware of what a monster Berlusconi is. Now, with my love so deep for this club, I can't leave the club. So, hopefully Berlusconi will.
Meh, I'd rather have Berlusconi than an oil Tycoon that got rich cause of his daddy... And let's face it, Moratti has eventually spent as much on Inter as Berlusconi has on Milan, and Inter are still a joke in Europe.
I know all the standard pieties. I understand what you're saying Rick. I have supported the club since 1987, and I have read extensively on Berlusconi's career (both in Italian and English, so the comments about me not knowing my history are laughable, but understandable if my post was taken on its own).
The man is a scourge. Even if it meant Milan were languishing in mid-table, I would want Berlusconi to leave. I cannot reconcile him with my scruples, but I am in a bind because when I started supporting Milan I was very young, and unaware of what a monster Berlusconi is. Now, with my love so deep for this club, I can't leave the club. So, hopefully Berlusconi will.
Well, just for the record, I didn't say that you didn't know the history of the club. I said that most Milan fans don't. I understand well your feelings about Berlusconi's character. There's not a day that goes by that I don't lament the fact that the owner of the club I love is nothing more than a fascist ***. It doesn't fit the tradition of Milan as a club of the working classes. But that doesn't change the fact that Silvio saved the club and hired people who turned it into a dynasty. We have to accept both the bad and the good about this man. Respecting what he has done for the club doesn't mean you have to agree with everything he does today or even that you think he should continue as the club's owner. But what he did for the club should always be respected.
Edit: Wow. I can't believe I can say "bastard" but when I said "p-i-g" I got the asterisks! I guess I'll have to go back to calling Silvio a fascist bastard. ;)
I think Ambro and Seedorf were told that they weren't going to be automatic starters this season. They were given a chance to leave, and they both refused. This gives Leo the leverage to keep them on the bench for most games, he can say 'I gave you an option to leave, and you refused, so make a serious effort or you stay on the bench'. I like this.
Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2009, 09:46
Well, just for the record, I didn't say that you didn't know the history of the club. I said that most Milan fans don't. I understand well your feelings about Berlusconi's character. There's not a day that goes by that I don't lament the fact that the owner of the club I love is nothing more than a fascist ***. It doesn't fit the tradition of Milan as a club of the working classes. But that doesn't change the fact that Silvio saved the club and hired people who turned it into a dynasty. We have to accept both the bad and the good about this man. Respecting what he has done for the club doesn't mean you have to agree with everything he does today or even that you think he should continue as the club's owner. But what he did for the club should always be respected.
Edit: Wow. I can't believe I can say "bastard" but when I said "p-i-g" I got the asterisks! I guess I'll have to go back to calling Silvio a fascist bastard. ;)
I know you didn't say that--I was aiming at someone else.
Your posts are always sensible, and are greatly appreciated by me at least.
boing boing
28-08-2009, 10:07
@ Hasan Rossonero
I am wondering if you would still pitch Kaka on the same level as "Jerry Falwell, fanatic mullahs, and other creeps [who] never tell lies."
Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2009, 10:20
@ Hasan Rossonero
I am wondering if you would still pitch Kaka on the same level as "Jerry Falwell, fanatic mullahs, and other creeps [who] never tell lies."
I'm surprised you recall that quotation.
I think Kaka' is infinitely better than Berlusconi. However, in my opinion, he was not completely innocent in the move to Real Madrid, and spent some time flirting with Real. I have explained the saga as I see it in another thread.
Yeah, I don't buy into that whole angelic Kaka' image.
Yeah, I don't buy into that whole angelic Kaka' image.
I don't understand where this whole "angelic / non-angelic" thing came from.
Kaka wanted to stay, but the management sold him anyway.
The same deal with Sneider - he wanted to stay at Real Madrid but they sold him.
How does that make any of them angelic?
Personally i think berlu did a lot of damage to the soul of milan by selling kaka. I'm so glad that people's eyes are being opened to see that he wasn't the greedy mercenary many thought him to be. Yes berlu was responsible for all our recent success and he indeed deserves respect for it. But there are things that even parents can do to their children-who owe them everything- that could bring about deserved hate by their own children. As the owner of the club it was his RESPONSIBILITY to use his resources for the success of the club. True he bought a relatively unproven kid from brazil who always wanted to play for Real Madrid. But Berlu wasn't the force behind kaka becoming the legend that he is. Kaka and Ancelotti were. Kaka- the man the image the symbol and lastly the player- belonged to us....isn't it clear from his interviews? from a football perspective kaka is replaceable. But the human intangibles aren't easily replaced. Ronaldinho can just barely fill the cam void. I seriously doubt he can be the role model we had.
I know you didn't say that--I was aiming at someone else.
Your posts are always sensible, and are greatly appreciated by me at least.
Thank you my friend. I just wanted to make sure you didn't get the wrong idea. I greatly appreciate your contributions as well. :v103:
I'm surprised you recall that quotation.
I think Kaka' is infinitely better than Berlusconi. However, in my opinion, he was not completely innocent in the move to Real Madrid, and spent some time flirting with Real. I have explained the saga as I see it in another thread.
Yeah, I don't buy into that whole angelic Kaka' image.
This is true. Both must shoulder the blame for the way things happened. While it's true that Kaka would probably have stayed had Milan not shown some willingness to sell him, he wasn't in any respect an innoccent victim. Every year he and his father used Real Madrid to blackmail Milan for more money. Personally, I was getting a bit tired of the whole thing, whether the press rumors, Madrid's arrogance or Kaka's father's opportunism. And he certainly wasn't completely truthful when he continued to claim he wouldn't be leaving Milan, even as he left for Brazil after the season and already knew he would be leaving. In fact, we now know that his move to Madrid was virtually sealed during the Manchester City saga in the winter. So there's plenty of blame to go all around.
Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2009, 12:08
I don't understand where this whole "angelic / non-angelic" thing came from.
Kaka wanted to stay, but the management sold him anyway.
The same deal with Sneider - he wanted to stay at Real Madrid but they sold him.
How does that make any of them angelic?
I meant in general, not just this situation. I think Kaka' is a fairly decent guy (for the most part), but like any footballer he knew that he had leverage when it came to negotiating contracts. I think it was not ONLY Berlu's decision to sell Kaka'. However, the man could have done more to keep him.
OCmilano
28-08-2009, 12:22
Any last day mercato? I wanted to know if any of you in europe have heard any new rumors?
We need some defense backup pleaseeeeeeeeeee...
boing boing
28-08-2009, 12:59
Personally i think berlu did a lot of damage to the soul of milan by selling kaka. I'm so glad that people's eyes are being opened to see that he wasn't the greedy mercenary many thought him to be. Yes berlu was responsible for all our recent success and he indeed deserves respect for it. But there are things that even parents can do to their children-who owe them everything- that could bring about deserved hate by their own children. As the owner of the club it was his RESPONSIBILITY to use his resources for the success of the club. True he bought a relatively unproven kid from brazil who always wanted to play for Real Madrid. But Berlu wasn't the force behind kaka becoming the legend that he is. Kaka and Ancelotti were. Kaka- the man the image the symbol and lastly the player- belonged to us....isn't it clear from his interviews? from a football perspective kaka is replaceable. But the human intangibles aren't easily replaced. Ronaldinho can just barely fill the cam void. I seriously doubt he can be the role model we had.
Nice post drucurl. It is the human intangible of Kaka which was our biggest loss. If Kaka could, he would still play for us.
Kaka is in no way on par with the religious fanatics that Hasan had mentioned. He surely wasn't like Maldini and Baresi, but he certainly did emulate them in the best way possible.
If a player is the best in the world, then why shouldn't he try to use some kind of leverage (RM threats) to increase his salary. Kaka wasn't born in Milan and he wasn't Italian. His favorite had always been RM. If he didn't want money, then he could have stayed at Sao Paolo. The truth is (like Adebayor had mentioned) that, "Professional Footballers Are Motivated By Money."
Article: http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/05/13/1262812/arsenals-emmanuel-adebayor-professional-footballers-are
On a side-note, the RM threats from Kaka and his dad had stopped once he had signed the 2013 contract in early 2008. He had openly stated that he didn't want to go to RM anymore and become the captain of Milan one day. He stated this categorically so there is no need to speculate that he had any ulterior motives of switching to RM (unless he stated that he wanted to go to RM after he signed the 2013 contract and until Milan tried to sell him to Man C in December 2008)
The bottom-line is that the ultimate authority in this transfer was Berlu. If Berlu didn't want to sell him, Kaka would still be happily playing with us and leading our attack.
Jay Crisp
28-08-2009, 13:03
Any last day mercato? I wanted to know if any of you in europe have heard any new rumors?
We need some defense backup pleaseeeeeeeeeee...
Nothing over here it went from B&G BS to nothing at all I don't know which is worse. But as much as they try to pull the wool over our eyes we all know that 2 or 3 injuries and we are in trouble And they don't even have to be long term say Nesta , Pato and Dinho miss 4 or 5 games at the same time thats us screwed for 10 - 15 points.
Gabriel489
28-08-2009, 13:10
Is funny how we still talk about Gourcuff and Kaka, two players who will not play for Milan in the coming seasons.
Personally, I think both made the right decisions for their career wise.
As a Milan fan, it is horrible to see them playing for another team next season.
I don't blame them for leaving nor do I blame Berlu for selling. What I don't like and I had been saying it for a long time is the fact that Berlu takes the fans for granted and treated us fans like crap by keep saying the team is great..... He can just shut up and mind his PM business instead of opening his mouth all the time.
Can't wait for Kaka to play at San Siro again, it will be interesting to see how the fans react to his return.
Gabriel489
28-08-2009, 13:15
Nothing over here it went from B&G BS to nothing at all I don't know which is worse. But as much as they try to pull the wool over our eyes we all know that 2 or 3 injuries and we are in trouble And they don't even have to be long term say Nesta , Pato and Dinho miss 4 or 5 games at the same time thats us screwed for 10 - 15 points.
TO be honest, I really think the MIlan squad is too big as it is.
GK: Abbiati, Dida, Roma, Staori
FB: Zambro, Janku, Antonini, Oddo
CB: Nesta, T. Silva, Kala, Bonera, Favalli, Gooch
MD: Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Abate, DI Gennero, Flamini
AM: Dinho
STK: Pippo, Pato, Hunter, Borreillo
Thats a total of 26 players and when you add Struasser and Albertazzi to the mix, thats a total of 28 players.
Way too much for Milan.
Filipéz 182
28-08-2009, 13:18
kaladze and oddo againt not called for the game tomorrow... are they injured or is it an indication they arent wanted anymore and will leave in the next few days...
Hasan, it was ONLy Berlu's decision to sell Kaka'! Noone else had anything to do with the transfer. Galliani just made it, and Kaka' was sold. Berlu is a traitor in my eyes.
About Yoan, story in Italy is that Galliani offered him to come back but said he will not get a new contract and he'll be payed as he used to be when he was signed, and is not guaranteed a starting place. Or he can stay and Milan wants 15mln. Milan in the end just wanted 15mln and noone cared about Gourcuff (football wise). Money,money,money...
Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2009, 13:20
boing boing- you seem to be misinterpreting things just a bit. At that time, you said Kaka' is "pious" and therefore wouldn't lie. I wanted to point out that even seemingly pious people lie. My example of Falwell and fanatic mullahs was designed to point out that despite having a huge following these people do lie, and that piety should not always be used as a criteria to determine someone's honesty. In my opinion, you were oversimplifying everything by completely absolving Kaka'.
Here is the original exchange:
You can never know whether he had this feeling before Milan's intention to sell him or after that. For all I know is that he was an extremely pious man and wouldn't lie about his willingness to stay with the club, which he did even after being sold.
He has been very kind towards the club, fans and Italy in about every interview till today. Don't let our misery in the transfer market cloud his feelings and contribution to Milan.
Every Brazilian wants to play in Madrid then why shouldn't he feel happy about the switch. Also, if you have joined such a major club at such a high price tags, you cannot let their fans feel that Milan is still the best club for you. Like I said before there is really no other side to this story.
Right, because pious men like Jerry Falwell, fanatic mullahs, and other creeps never tell lies.
Kaka' knew how to play the game, as did Milan. I have posted a very detailed account of this transfer: http://www.milanmania.com/forums/sho...530#post534530
@mrki:
Hasan, it was ONLy Berlu's decision to sell Kaka'! Noone else had anything to do with the transfer. Galliani just made it, and Kaka' was sold. Berlu is a traitor in my eyes.
Hmm...well I disagree--I think Bosco and Kaka' had something to do with it as well.
TO be honest, I really think the MIlan squad is too big as it is.
GK: Abbiati, Dida, Roma, Staori
FB: Zambro, Janku, Antonini, Oddo
CB: Nesta, T. Silva, Kala, Bonera, Favalli, Gooch
MD: Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Abate, DI Gennero, Flamini
AM: Dinho
STK: Pippo, Pato, Hunter, Borreillo
Thats a total of 26 players and when you add Struasser and Albertazzi to the mix, thats a total of 28 players.
Way too much for Milan.
I agree, way too much.
But once you highlight the players in that group with actual quality and promise, you might think we don't actually have enough. :pr115:
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.