PDA

View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009


Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Gabriel489
16-06-2009, 05:00
Well, I don't agree with getting both Dzeko+Rossi=selling Borriello.

Having 5 strikers, Pato, Borreillo, Dzeko, Rossi and Pippo are needed considering the injury of Pippo and Borreillo this past season.

On top of that, we lost Kaka, he is like another striker.

And with Leo, he won't play Seedorf all the time like Carlo and at least for the first part of the season, Milan won't have Beckham.

guestes
16-06-2009, 05:10
Guys, lets give Boriello a fair chance here. Despite starting well and then losing form towards the injury, he actually made himself an imposing figure for our attack. Just his strength and aerial ability was enough to scare most opposition defenders, and when he did not score goals, he was keeping the oppositions best defenders out of the game, to let Pato and Kaka speed the ball safely around him. His bad form can be atrributed wiht the split with his girlfriend, so judgement cannot be made too quickly!

If he is the ultimate bargaining chip in the Dzeko transfer, then by all means, use him. But if not, ensure that we try to keep hold of him. I have a strong feeling he has much more to offer! :whie:

Ryo
16-06-2009, 05:25
Guys, lets give Boriello a fair chance here. Despite starting well and then losing form towards the injury, he actually made himself an imposing figure for our attack. Just his strength and aerial ability was enough to scare most opposition defenders, and when he did not score goals, he was keeping the oppositions best defenders out of the game, to let Pato and Kaka speed the ball safely around him. His bad form can be atrributed wiht the split with his girlfriend, so judgement cannot be made too quickly!

If he is the ultimate bargaining chip in the Dzeko transfer, then by all means, use him. But if not, ensure that we try to keep hold of him. I have a strong feeling he has much more to offer! :whie:


I beg to differ Sali, in Boriello's defense he didn't actually lose form, he was out the entire season.

guestes
16-06-2009, 05:32
I beg to differ Sali, in Boriello's defense he didn't actually lose form, he was out the entire season.

So are you saying, on the basis of an injury-riddled season, that you would happily use him as trade bait? Not accusing you, but it sounds that way. :wth:

guestes
16-06-2009, 05:36
Hey, have you guys heard about this one? :

AC Milan Consider Move For Porto Star Lisandro Lopez - Report
The Rossoneri have listed 'Li-Lo' as their plan B, as they continue their search for an attacking threat...
15 Jun 2009 17:41:53

AC Milan continue to chase Wolfsburg starlet Edin Dzeko, but apparently already have a back up plan in place should they fail to convince the Bundesliga champions to part ways with the Bosnian striker.

The Rossoneri will then turn their attention to prolific Porto striker Lisandro Lopez, according to Goal.com Italia.

The 26-year-old has blossomed at the Estadio do Dragao over the past two seasons and helped Porto in their run to the Champions League quarterfinals in 2008-09. Overall, he bagged 16 goals in all competitions and has become a part of the Argentina national team set-up.

Vice-president Adriano Galliani has admitted the Italian club are searching for a hitman in order to add some more potency to their attack, especially after selling Brazilian maestro Kaka to Real Madrid.

However, Milan may have to fight off competition from Lyon, should they decide to make a move for the Porto man.

Besides Dzeko and Lisandro, Arsenal bomber Emmanuel Adebayor has also been linked on-and-off with a move to San Siro.

Adam Scime, Goal.com

I know lots of you hate Goal and its reports, but they usually turn out to have some truth to them! :undecide:

guestes
16-06-2009, 05:45
If Rossi is the man you want at Milan, then you will have to persuade the Milan managment quick. As you know, Juve are also closing in on the talented American-born player:

Juventus Consider Cashing In On Trezeguet To Move For Giuseppe Rossi - Report
The Bianconeri could make a move for the Italian international, according to reports in Italy...
16-Jun-2009 3:05:22 PM

Juventus could become involved in negotiations with Villarreal in an attempt to trade David Trezeguet for Italian ace Giuseppe Rossi, according to Tuttosport.

Trezeguet has been hotly tipped to leave the club following a nine-year spell in Turin. Despite Alessio Secco's recent claims of keeping the Frenchman, new voices have surfaced which claim there could be a deal for the Italian youngster, who has hinted at a Serie A return in the past with 'Trez' heading the other way.

The report suggests 'Trezegol' would be willing to join Villarreal and accept a pay cut in the process after the Spanish club reportedly offered the hitman a three-year deal worth €3million per season.. The French striker's agent has hinted that such a deal is possible. "We could work towards this type of operation," Antonio Caliendo told Tuttosport.

Rossi would fit the bill at Juventus as he is young, has pace and energy and he is playing some great football following his recent displays for Italy. The hitman scored two great goals in last night's Confederations Cup match against the USA.

The Bianconeri are expected to take their interest in Rossi further, but signing him will not be cheap as it is reported the Italians will need around €18m to land him. Villarreal is not the only option for Trezeguet though as he has also been linked with Roma and Real Madrid.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

ACMILAN1983
16-06-2009, 05:46
Three of whom are coming off lengthy stays on the injured list, though.

True, but even then we'll still have others like Dinho, Seedorf, Ambro, Favalli, Dida etc. Essentially, my point was we have enough experience to balance the squad.

Well.......excuse the language.....but when you give Pirlo freedom to roam around the field and get closer to the opponent's goal......shi!t happens!!!

Let's just hope that Leonardo is taking notes!

As for Rossi....he is a great player! Not because of what he did today, but because of what he's been doing for the past couple of years with both Parma and Villareal. However.....certainly we won't sign both Dzeko and Rossi. The only way I can see that happening is if we sell Ronaldinho, but again....that's not happening this summer.

So, since Ronaldinho is staying here and according to our management will play a big part of our season next year.....take your pick:

-----Pato----- or ---Dzeko - Pato ----
Dinho-----Rossi ---- Ronaldinho

or, maybe

----Dzeko----
Pato ---- Rossi but what do we do with Ronaldinho? :) Anyhow, as far as I know....we aren't officially linked with Rossi and as Galliani said we are looking for someone with Dzeko's characteristics.

I definitely agree about Pirlo. I've been going on about it for months lol, just like you :D

I discussed this with Reza last week actually. Is it really that unrealistic to get Dzeko and Rossi? We just got 80m euros from the sale of Kaka and Gourcuff which Berlu says we intend to use for signings. Dzeko and Rossi combined should cost us around 40m euros (I don't see Wolfsburg selling Dzeko for more than around 25m and Rossi shouldn't cost more than Dzeko, in fact he should probably cost less).

The big issue really is Dinho. I'm afraid Berlu wants him to play next season and that he will be expected to play. If we get Rossi, I'd see Dinho on the bench competing for a spot, but I doubt the upper management would accept that, and so Rossi coming becomes much less likely. My view for the attack is your third option, which I've described my views on in my post last week.

Rossi for me would be an amazing transfer, just a shame it seems close to impossible to happening.

Speaking of the devil:
http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=37447

I think that's the best news I've heard today. Let's hope it's true.

Sometimes I really do wonder if Milan comes and reads this forum? There have been some really fishy ideas that Milan have taken that have been generated from here!

but anyway, that article is basically just two lines and it only says Milan has switched its attention to Rossi, nothing else. Let's hope there's something concrete in it..

lol, well last week I made a fairly large post about the signings I'd like to see and system we employ next season and G.Rossi was a big part of my plans. Since then Rossi's name has exploded in all the press and forums and now Milan are linked to him :grinser:

bLOND !-,-!
16-06-2009, 05:46
my opinion ?
dzeko dzeko dzeko, and only dzeko, i want only him as the new acm attacker
.... forget rossi, lisandro lopez, adebayor and eto'o, first choice is dzeko, and only if we couldn't sign dzeko, than we should think about eto adebayor etc.etc.

guestes
16-06-2009, 05:49
Hey, our best dreams could become a reality. Inter are going to beat us to an old player, and waste money! Is that not that good?:

Report: Inter Look To Bayern Munich Striker Luca Toni
The Nerazzurri have reportedly met with the agent of the Italy striker, whose future seems to lie away from the Allianz Arena.
16 Jun 2009 09:28:20

Luca Toni and Inter are finally close to tying the knot, three years after the summer 2006 fiasco, when the Bayern Munich and Italy hitman seemed on the verge of joining the Nerazzurri for €25 million.

Fiorentina, where the striker played at that time, had already accepted the bid and Toni was ready to sign on the dotted line. But then Viola patron Diego Della Valle stepped in and persuaded the lanky striker to stay put to help Fiorentina overcome their hefty Calciopoli points penalty with the promise of releasing him the following year.

That is exactly what happened in 2007, but Fiorentina only pocketed €11m from his transfer to Bayern.

After a hugely successful maiden season in Bavaria, Toni struggled with injury problems last term and the arrivals of Mario Gomez and Ivica Olic could well push him out of the starting line-up in the season that will lead to the World Cup in South Africa.

The ex-Palermo man stated on Sunday that he does not know where he will play next season but Sky Sport Italia claims that his agent, Tullio Tinti, has recently met with Inter officials.

The Nerazzurri are prepared to offer Toni a contract worth €4m per season, while a bid in the region of €6m should be enough to prise him away from Bavaria.

Inter are still unsure whether Swedish ace Zlatan Ibrahimovic will hang around for next season, with press reports suggesting he is keen on a move to Spain.

The Serie A champions have already signed Argentine forward Diego Milito to bolster their striking options and Twente marksman Marko Arnautovic is also said to be on his way to Appiano Gentile.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com :5inter::5inter:

M.O.I.
16-06-2009, 05:57
Rossi is not the right man for milan this moment..we need a target forward,a tall body,or sth exceptional(like etoo)..it would be a waste of space and money to buy rossi when we have pato(who is much mor talented and better than him)..

my choice would be someone between adbayor,dzeko or etoo..maybe drogba too,but id like him younger..

anyway i wouldnt buy rossi or teves for example ata anycase for milan..

Filipéz 182
16-06-2009, 05:59
If leo want to play 4-3-3 we need Dzeko and Rossi! and borriello.
We would have 2 players who can play as the pure striker, dzeko and borriello, also pato if necessary. And Ronaldinho - Pato - Rossi as players on the left or right around the big man.
Rossi is needed as we wont have any other options for pato's position; and if we want to win CL and/or serie A a good SQUAD is needed, not only good first 11.

BTW now pippo comes to mind :) But I dont think he'll get much playing time.

Ryo
16-06-2009, 05:59
So are you saying, on the basis of an injury-riddled season, that you would happily use him as trade bait? Not accusing you, but it sounds that way. :wth:

Not my intention at all mate, I'm just correcting your statement about his loss in form.

Oh, btw, people keep saying we have 80 Mil, but from my calculations, even if we're allowed to use up all of it, shouldn't the amount be 65Mil now that we signed Cissohko?

M.O.I.
16-06-2009, 06:04
If leo want to play 4-3-3 we need Dzeko and Rossi! and borriello.
We would have 2 players who can play as the pure striker, dzeko and borriello, also pato if necessary. And Ronaldinho - Pato - Rossi as players on the left or right around the big man.
Rossi is needed as we wont have any other options for pato's position; and if we want to win CL and/or serie A a good SQUAD is needed, not only good first 11.

BTW now pippo comes to mind :) But I dont think he'll get much playing time.

how would you fit dzeko pato rossi all together?
and of course we need depth,but the 11 comes first,and we really have other priorities than 2 fc..

we need a dc a mc and one fc imo..

Filipéz 182
16-06-2009, 06:06
how would you fit dzeko pato rossi all together?
and of course we need depth,but the 11 comes first,and we really have other priorities than 2 fc..

we need a dc a mc and one fc imo..



-------------Dzeko-----------
Rossi---------------------Pato

in a 4-3-3 formation. Rossi and Pato would excellent players for that formation, as both have good dribblin skills and are very dangerous cutting inside.
Rossi-Pato-Dinho for those 2 positions isnt that much. Dzeko/Borriello for the striker position is also realistic.

we need a creative player! be it a midfielder like hernanes or a second striker a la rossi. dont forget we've just lost Kaka! in a perfect world we would also get hernanes. but he seems out of reach.

-------------------Dzeko----------------
--Rossi---------------------------Pato---

-----Pirlo--Hernanes--Gattuso/Flamini-----


it is like italy's formation yesterday. with hernanes in the de rossi role. a creative DM.

guestes
16-06-2009, 06:07
Not my intention at all mate, I'm just correcting your statement about his loss in form.

Oh, btw, people keep saying we have 80 Mil, but from my calculations, even if we're allowed to use up all of it, shouldn't the amount be 65Mil now that we signed Cissohko?

Yes, we have used up Gourcuff's transfer fee with this latest purchase. Hopefully, the next buy will cost less than half of what is left. After this last major purchase, Milan will bring in youngsters out on loan, and do player swaps as so we don't use up any more money. Galliani wants the rest of the cash made to balance the books at the club. My only conern is a back-up Keeper.... :r7:

Jim_UK
16-06-2009, 06:09
I wonder if we could snap up Mancini on loan? If we are going to 4-3-3 it would suit him and we'd need more pacy players in our side (Abate being the only other one if Leonardo keeps him). Plus we wouldn't lose anything moneywise.

Or are there other players we could get on loan?

What about a move for Pranjic? I really like this player, he's another one who doesn't stop running. Or there's Petrov of Man City, he's a great wide man and tracks back alot too.

Lets think outside the box a bit!

bLOND !-,-!
16-06-2009, 06:09
BTW now pippo comes to mind :) But I dont think he'll get much playing time.

pippo is probably the best attacker we have ever had, and u wouldn't put him in the first 11 !?
we all thought in the beginning of the last season that we'll play ka-pa-ro, and than suddenly inzaghi proved that he is the best attacker we have, actually, from 2005 or so, we always think that pippo will be a replacement, but when the season starts, he is our first attacker...
i think we'll play pippo again !

M.O.I.
16-06-2009, 06:10
-------------Dzeko-----------
Rossi---------------------Pato

in a 4-3-3 formation. Rossi and Pato would excellent players for that formation, as both have good dribblin skills and are very dangerous cutting inside.
Rossi-Pato-Dinho for those 2 positions isnt that much. Dzeko/Borriello for the striker position is also realistic.

nah that cant work,although his body type rossi is a striker,pato can play a 2nd forward but actually you re using 3 strkers and you re just hoping that they could play like this because of their skills..

i dont like rossi there,i d prefer to see dinho on the left or buy hernanes and play with pato dzeko infront,thats my realistic dream..

guestes
16-06-2009, 06:13
pippo is probably the best attacker we have ever had, and u wouldn't put him in the first 11 !?
we all thought in the beginning of the last season that we'll play ka-pa-ro, and than suddenly inzaghi proved that he is the best attacker we have, actually, from 2005 or so, we always think that pippo will be a replacement, but when the season starts, he is our first attacker...
i think we'll play pippo again !

At his age, I think Pippo should be used more sparingly. Sure, he has showed the form, but will his body cope a full season in the starting 11? As much as I wish, it is not the case! Leo should use him as a "super-sub." If we are struggling, Pippo can inject some new life and attacking potential to the side.

Would love to see him play alot, but you must really look after these senior players if you want to keep them fit enough to play. :smileani:

M.O.I.
16-06-2009, 06:14
-------------Dzeko-----------
Rossi---------------------Pato

in a 4-3-3 formation. Rossi and Pato would excellent players for that formation, as both have good dribblin skills and are very dangerous cutting inside.
Rossi-Pato-Dinho for those 2 positions isnt that much. Dzeko/Borriello for the striker position is also realistic.

we need a creative player! be it a midfielder like hernanes or a second striker a la rossi. dont forget we've just lost Kaka! in a perfect world we would also get hernanes. but he seems out of reach.

-------------------Dzeko----------------
--Rossi---------------------------Pato---

-----Pirlo--Hernanes--Gattuso/Flamini-----


it is like italy's formation yesterday. with hernanes in the de rossi role. a creative DM.

my ideal 11

-----------abbiatti----
zambro--nesta(silva)--mexes---cisoko
----------------pirlo---
---------rino-----------flamini
-----------hernanes-----
-----------------------------
--------pato--------------
----------------dzeko

Acmir^
16-06-2009, 06:15
What about a move for Pranjic? I really like this player, he's another one who doesn't stop running. Or there's Petrov of Man City, he's a great wide man and tracks back alot too.

Lets think outside the box a bit!


Well, Pranjic is a great player but we bought Cissokho who plays in the same position Pranjic plays, so no chance we go for him. We also have Janku for that postiton. I don't know about Mancini, he was great in Roma but last season he played terribly, if he could get back the form of his Roma's days then he would be a great addition, but it's a big IF.

bLOND !-,-!
16-06-2009, 06:16
Dzeko/Borriello for the striker position is also realistic.

again and again people are forgetting pippo, for god sakes the man scored all the important goals for us from 2003 till now, and you're always putting him behind

EDIT:
yes ok, i agree he's old, and that he should be our "super-sub", but people forget even to mention him as our player.... just like in this example which i quoted, there are dozens of these quotes, similar to this

GeoTav
16-06-2009, 06:18
A report about the interest of some Italian clubs (including us) for Rossi ... but I'm afraid it is just a report to make some more audience because there is no concrete information ...
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idnotizia=8254

A report about Abate who should probably come back to Milan ...
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idtmw=155782

guestes
16-06-2009, 06:18
Well, Pranjic is a great player but we bought Cissokho who plays in the same position Pranjic plays, so no chance we go for him. We also have Janku for that postiton.

Nice quote mate. Also, yes, our LB position is fully loaded, with many of our players capable of filling the position if needed.Hoping that following a hopeful Dzeko transfer, we get a CB and a back-up keeper. Sorry, Valdez is not the answer. Not as good as Abbiatti, and will soon be whinging about his second place sooner or later. I expect high wages attached as well!

guestes
16-06-2009, 06:20
again and again people are forgetting pippo, for god sakes the man scored all the important goals for us from 2003 till now, and you're always putting him behind

Of course Pippo will be in the equation! He deserves it, but just doubt his ability to play the majority of the season in the first XI. He is ageing, and needs to be used wisely by the coach, as so we can get the best out of him! :u125:

GeoTav
16-06-2009, 06:20
again and again people are forgetting pippo, for god sakes the man scored all the important goals for us from 2003 till now, and you're always putting him behind

You want Pippo to be the main striker ?
He's our last one because he plays well when the sun comes back in February/March (he's usually unstoppable in this period). But Pippo can't play 38 games anymore in Serie A, especially if you want to use him for his experience (and because he always shines in Europe) in CL.

Filipéz 182
16-06-2009, 06:23
Pranjic signed a for bayern a few weeks ago BTW!

Rossoneri Fuego
16-06-2009, 06:29
CIAO RAGGAZI IMBECILE! LOL IL SONGNO SARA POSSIBLE!?


http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=37447


G.ROSSI LINK FINALLY!

:3band:

Acmir^
16-06-2009, 06:33
Pranjic signed a for bayern a few weeks ago BTW!

Well, the deal is not yet official. As for Pippo we should use him only in the champions league and in the derbies, he gives his best in these games and we certainly shouldn't waste him in small matches, we have Pato and Dzeko (hopefully) for those games.:)

slifersd
16-06-2009, 06:36
I wonder if we could snap up Mancini on loan? If we are going to 4-3-3 it would suit him and we'd need more pacy players in our side (Abate being the only other one if Leonardo keeps him). Plus we wouldn't lose anything moneywise.

Or are there other players we could get on loan?

What about a move for Pranjic? I really like this player, he's another one who doesn't stop running. Or there's Petrov of Man City, he's a great wide man and tracks back alot too.

Lets think outside the box a bit!

The guy is signed by Bayern, although there are still some details that needed to be worked out regarding the fees.

bLOND !-,-!
16-06-2009, 06:41
http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=37471

Moussa Dembele as our new target (probably)

Jim_UK
16-06-2009, 06:45
I'm well aware that Pranjic can/has played LB, but i'm pretty sure he was being used as a left-winger this past season. All the reports i saw were of him in that position anyway.

Didn't know Bayern bought him though, so that makes everything else redundant.

rinogattuso
16-06-2009, 06:45
D'Amico su Abate: "Torna al Milan"

Acmir^
16-06-2009, 06:51
http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=37471

Moussa Dembele as our new target (probably)

WTH is going on with this rumours, Dembele now? He is a good player scored a lot for Az, but i don't think he's a player for Milan. Dzeko is the best solution and far better than Dembele. :)

kastriot
16-06-2009, 06:57
I wonder if we could snap up Mancini on loan? If we are going to 4-3-3 it would suit him and we'd need more pacy players in our side (Abate being the only other one if Leonardo keeps him). Plus we wouldn't lose anything moneywise.

Or are there other players we could get on loan?

What about a move for Pranjic? I really like this player, he's another one who doesn't stop running. Or there's Petrov of Man City, he's a great wide man and tracks back alot too.

Lets think outside the box a bit!

Pranjic signed with Bayern two weeks ago...Petrov is injured and highly inconsistant. So lets go back in the box again :D

ACMILAN1983
16-06-2009, 07:07
how would you fit dzeko pato rossi all together?
and of course we need depth,but the 11 comes first,and we really have other priorities than 2 fc..

we need a dc a mc and one fc imo..

About how to fit them altogether, this was my interpretation (I wrote this post last week)..

Is it really that unrealistic. I mean it will cost fair amount (say 50-60m euros for all?), but considering we just got over 80m euros in just two sales and could yet sell the odd player more (Oddo I would think) surely we can get these guys along with others like Abate and maybe a guy like Mariga.

I didn't get a chance earlier to explain my reasoning behind these transfers. I really think we should aim for a change in our play, more in style than in structure. I think we should maintain with a back four, but with two attacking fullbacks. Both of the youngsters mentioned are capable attacking fullbacks, but also Thiago Silva, who the more I've looked up on seems capable of the role. Zambrotta will still be here, so we know for certain we can attack in the wide areas. With a central partnership of Nesta and Santacroce, we'd be able to build a solid back four imo with a mix of experience (Nesta, Zambro) and youth (Silva, Santa).

The mifield shape would for me have two ball winners, Flamini and Rino, who between them are capable of covering a lot of ground and Flamini is capable of pushing forward if needed. In front we have a playmaker with Pirlo (a role Seedorf can also understudy), whereby he'll have freedom to move and at the same time, utilise his vision and his passing ability.

Then I'd like somewhat of an attacking trio up front, with Rossi, Pato and Dzeko. Dzeko would act as the head of the attack with the other two supporting. Rossi and Pato would need to develop a good understanding between them to work together, but with their differences in movement, such as Rossi's natural tendency to move a little deeper and Pato's movement in the wide areas, we should be able to fit the two into the side together, which would benefit Dzeko who will get more space and less markers around him.

The concept of the system would fit with Leo's idea of using wide areas, as fullbacks will be able to push forward with a fair amount of freedom, and the attackers (mostly Rossi and Pato) can move into wide areas at will. So the shape would initially look like this...

-----------------Abbiati-------------------
Silva------Santa------Nesta-------Zambro
----------Rino-----------Flamini-----------
------------------Pirlo--------------------
--------Rossi---------------Pato----------
-----------------Dzeko-------------------

However, players will be free to move a lot around the pitch. My thought was based on the idea of triangles throughout the pitch, and the system is designed as such. For example, you have the obvious triangulation of players like Rino, Flamini, Pirlo and Dzeko, Pato, Rossi, but also triangulation in other areas like Silva, Santa, Rino or Nesta, Zambro, Flamini or Pirlo, Pato, Rossi. This idea of triangulation would be based on the initial shape, but players would be free to move to maintain this concept throughout the field (for example a triangle formed with Silva, Rino, Rossi when moving up the right), thus resulting in a tighter unit where players are always supported whether it be in attacking moves or defensive. It's based on concepts used in Dutch football history, in particularly at old Ajax teams.

I think we should build a game on lucid attacking play that aspires to using a strong team unit, rather than building the side around individuals.

nah that cant work,although his body type rossi is a striker,pato can play a 2nd forward but actually you re using 3 strkers and you re just hoping that they could play like this because of their skills..

i dont like rossi there,i d prefer to see dinho on the left or buy hernanes and play with pato dzeko infront,thats my realistic dream..

I disagree, Rossi moves too deep to be a striker, he's most definitely a forward imo. Pato is a striker though, but his movement is different to both Rossi and Dzeko, so the three of them offer different attributes to the team. I don't think there's a problem with them playing together.

M.O.I.
16-06-2009, 07:20
i dont think rossi can play the role which you refer to,the ideal for that would be cassano maybe,rossi's skills are not of that quality,ha cannot dribble as much as he should(if he is to play there),and his passes are not that smart..to not be misunderstood i think he has gr8 skills for a fw but not gr8 enough for that position..

Gabriel489
16-06-2009, 07:22
Rossi will do fine in Milan, if he ever comes.

Maybe it is his size, he really reminds me of Baggio

Christian
16-06-2009, 07:33
I don't agree with the way you set up the team ACMILAN1983.

I don't think that Pato should be playing as a winger, if we should be playing a 4-3-3 then I think we would be playing with Pato on top, Ronaldinho on the left and then a new signing, like Giuseppe Rossi on the right. You don't have to have a big strong forward in a 4-3-3, actually Pato would be perfect as a striker in that formation. Look at Barcelona, they play with either Eto'o on top, or Messi on top, neither of them are very big and both are very skilled, just like Pato. The only team I can think of that tried playing with a big target forward was Inter, with Ibrahimovic up front, and that was a disastor.

But I honostly don't think we're gonna be playing a 4-3-3... Actually I'm almost certain that we'll play a 4-3-1-2, with Ronaldinho as a trequesta, to me the fact that we're looking at Dzeko (or a striker with his characteristics) means that we'll play with two strikers.

I think that Ronaldinho would be the trequesta in that formation, and I'm actually all for giving the man a second chance. Alternativly Giuseppe Rossi could probably play trequesta, I wouldn't be surprised since he has alot of the same characteristics of Kaka. The last option is Cassano, but I honostly don't think we'll see him or Rossi in Milan.

The only problem I have with not buying one more Trequesta is that I don't think we have a solid backup for Ronaldinho. What would happen if Ronaldinho got injured??? Would Seedorf play trequesta? I don't mind Seedorf staying, but he really cannot play trequesta, he is a CM. Or would Pato be playing behind Dzeko and Inzaghi/Paloschi/Borriello? In any case it doesn't sound solid. In my opinion we would need a backup at least in the trequesta position, maybe a young up and comer or something like that.

Hasan Rossonero
16-06-2009, 08:45
If it were up to me, I would take Rossi over any striker. It is kind of pathetic that the management is willing to overlook Italian players like this.

Sure, technically he is different than Dzeko, but a player like him would be more useful. Yesterday he almost drifted behind two strikers and wreaked havoc. Please Galliani get him!

spity1
16-06-2009, 08:57
IL FUTURO — "Un rientro in Italia? Sono concentrato sulla Confederations Cup, si vedrà. Però del calcio italiano mi piace tutto. E’ un calcio difficile, e la pressione mi piace. Sono da sempre tifoso del Milan, i miei idoli erano Gullit e van Basten. Se chiamasse Galliani? Io risponderei... ciao".

Straight from the Gazzetta. I've been clamoring for this guy for over a year. First and foremost, he's a Milan fan! I do agree though however it may be difficult for him to play alongside Pato as their style of play would not likely mesh well.

Sell Pato to Chelsea for the high price they were offering (35-40) and purchase Rossi and Dzeko to create your new strike force.

The one thing I wish Milan would do more of is try to attract many of the fine young Italian players into the fold similar to what Juve seems to be attempting to do currently.

ACMILAN1983
16-06-2009, 09:26
i dont think rossi can play the role which you refer to,the ideal for that would be cassano maybe,rossi's skills are not of that quality,ha cannot dribble as much as he should(if he is to play there),and his passes are not that smart..to not be misunderstood i think he has gr8 skills for a fw but not gr8 enough for that position..

I think Rossi's an excellent dribbler, I definitely disagree he doesn't dribble enough. His vision is not as great as Cassano's yet, but at 22 it's certainly a skill he can develop.

Rossi will do fine in Milan, if he ever comes.

Maybe it is his size, he really reminds me of Baggio

Agreed, he reminds me a lot of Baggio too.

I don't agree with the way you set up the team ACMILAN1983.

I don't think that Pato should be playing as a winger, if we should be playing a 4-3-3 then I think we would be playing with Pato on top, Ronaldinho on the left and then a new signing, like Giuseppe Rossi on the right. You don't have to have a big strong forward in a 4-3-3, actually Pato would be perfect as a striker in that formation. Look at Barcelona, they play with either Eto'o on top, or Messi on top, neither of them are very big and both are very skilled, just like Pato. The only team I can think of that tried playing with a big target forward was Inter, with Ibrahimovic up front, and that was a disastor.

But I honostly don't think we're gonna be playing a 4-3-3... Actually I'm almost certain that we'll play a 4-3-1-2, with Ronaldinho as a trequesta, to me the fact that we're looking at Dzeko (or a striker with his characteristics) means that we'll play with two strikers.

I think that Ronaldinho would be the trequesta in that formation, and I'm actually all for giving the man a second chance. Alternativly Giuseppe Rossi could probably play trequesta, I wouldn't be surprised since he has alot of the same characteristics of Kaka. The last option is Cassano, but I honostly don't think we'll see him or Rossi in Milan.

The only problem I have with not buying one more Trequesta is that I don't think we have a solid backup for Ronaldinho. What would happen if Ronaldinho got injured??? Would Seedorf play trequesta? I don't mind Seedorf staying, but he really cannot play trequesta, he is a CM. Or would Pato be playing behind Dzeko and Inzaghi/Paloschi/Borriello? In any case it doesn't sound solid. In my opinion we would need a backup at least in the trequesta position, maybe a young up and comer or something like that.

I think the system I showed is a little misleading, in that it would appear I want Rossi and Pato as wingers, which wasn't really my intention at all. What I was was trying to suggest in that post was Dzeko is a natural leading forward, the head of the attack as such. Pato's always shown movement which is of a striker that drifts into wide areas, and this is what I want from him. I want him to come centrally into the box on a frequent basis, but he will have the freedom to move wide to get space as well.

Rossi, who plays more centrally (usually inside left or right, or central) would play a little deeper (pushing up from deep, similar to how he did against the USA last night on his last goal) covering the central areas of the field, despite the fact that in my system structure he looks like he'd play on the right.

Somewhat, the idea I have in mind isn't too different from the idea of 4-3-1-2 with Rossi almost as a trequartista, but as I said in my post due to the amount of movement I'd expect there's really no set structure, but rather my thoughts are based on roles of the players. Cassano's talented, but his antics really leave too many questions, and I don't see how Rossi could be a worse option.

Christian
16-06-2009, 09:26
IL FUTURO — "Un rientro in Italia? Sono concentrato sulla Confederations Cup, si vedrà. Però del calcio italiano mi piace tutto. E’ un calcio difficile, e la pressione mi piace. Sono da sempre tifoso del Milan, i miei idoli erano Gullit e van Basten. Se chiamasse Galliani? Io risponderei... ciao".

Straight from the Gazzetta. I've been clamoring for this guy for over a year. First and foremost, he's a Milan fan! I do agree though however it may be difficult for him to play alongside Pato as their style of play would not likely mesh well.

Sell Pato to Chelsea for the high price they were offering (35-40) and purchase Rossi and Dzeko to create your new strike force.

The one thing I wish Milan would do more of is try to attract many of the fine young Italian players into the fold similar to what Juve seems to be attempting to do currently.

No way... I can't believe anybody would want Pato out of Milan, he's 19 and he's already better than G. Rossi, even though Rossi just did wonders for Italy.

Christian
16-06-2009, 09:30
I think the system I showed is a little misleading, in that it would appear I want Rossi and Pato as wingers, which wasn't really my intention at all. What I was was trying to suggest in that post was Dzeko is a natural leading forward, the head of the attack as such. Pato's always shown movement which is of a striker that drifts into wide areas, and this is what I want from him. I want him to come centrally into the box on a frequent basis, but he will have the freedom to move wide to get space as well.

Rossi, who plays more centrally (usually inside left or right, or central) would play a little deeper (pushing up from deep, similar to how he did against the USA last night on his last goal) covering the central areas of the field, despite the fact that in my system structure he looks like he'd play on the right.

Somewhat, the idea I have in mind isn't too different from the idea of 4-3-1-2 with Rossi almost as a trequartista, but as I said in my post due to the amount of movement I'd expect there's really no set structure, but rather my thoughts are based on roles of the players. Cassano's talented, but his antics really leave too many questions, and I don't see how Rossi could be a worse option.

I see what you mean. I guess that we have somewhat the same idea of how Milan would play with G. Rossi. I still don't think that it will happen though, because Leonardo seems set to give Ronaldinho a second chance.

johncharles365
16-06-2009, 09:35
come on SPITY1 no way is rossi ever going to be better than pato besides Milan have tried recently with young Italian strikers Borriello Gilardino hardly a success. Milan have a future Rossi in paloshci anyway. I would love G Rossi at Milan but not at the expense of pato i sure if milan do get rossi a system can be figured out where they could play the two second strikers together. It would be nice to get a young player similar to albertini and donadoni, players like marchiso and giovinco are inspired choices for juventus and exactly what milan needs

brk
16-06-2009, 09:46
I don't agree with the way you set up the team ACMILAN1983.

I don't think that Pato should be playing as a winger, if we should be playing a 4-3-3 then I think we would be playing with Pato on top, Ronaldinho on the left and then a new signing, like Giuseppe Rossi on the right. You don't have to have a big strong forward in a 4-3-3, actually Pato would be perfect as a striker in that formation. Look at Barcelona, they play with either Eto'o on top, or Messi on top, neither of them are very big and both are very skilled, just like Pato. The only team I can think of that tried playing with a big target forward was Inter, with Ibrahimovic up front, and that was a disastor.

But I honostly don't think we're gonna be playing a 4-3-3... Actually I'm almost certain that we'll play a 4-3-1-2, with Ronaldinho as a trequesta, to me the fact that we're looking at Dzeko (or a striker with his characteristics) means that we'll play with two strikers.

I think that Ronaldinho would be the trequesta in that formation, and I'm actually all for giving the man a second chance. Alternativly Giuseppe Rossi could probably play trequesta, I wouldn't be surprised since he has alot of the same characteristics of Kaka. The last option is Cassano, but I honostly don't think we'll see him or Rossi in Milan.

The only problem I have with not buying one more Trequesta is that I don't think we have a solid backup for Ronaldinho. What would happen if Ronaldinho got injured??? Would Seedorf play trequesta? I don't mind Seedorf staying, but he really cannot play trequesta, he is a CM. Or would Pato be playing behind Dzeko and Inzaghi/Paloschi/Borriello? In any case it doesn't sound solid. In my opinion we would need a backup at least in the trequesta position, maybe a young up and comer or something like that.

We need the big guy to mainly break down stubborn defences, where it's hard to play to feet close to their area, so spreading play wide and crossing becomes the main weapon. We don't have a guy that can head (except for Borri)

ACMILAN1983
16-06-2009, 09:53
I see what you mean. I guess that we have somewhat the same idea of how Milan would play with G. Rossi. I still don't think that it will happen though, because Leonardo seems set to give Ronaldinho a second chance.

It's really hard to convey my thoughts clearly through just text. I doubt it will happen tbh. In theory, he's quite possibly ideally suited to Milan right now, but as Berlu is forcing Dinho to be played, it simply won't happen. As I said before, I think Rossi should be brought in with a view as a probable starter who Dinho should be fighting for a first team spot for.

mrki
16-06-2009, 10:00
someone said PAto and Rossi cant play together. I think completely different: They would do brilliantly together behind a foeward like Dzeko. But its necessary to play PAto on the left and Rossi on the right, not the other way. But of course that is something that everyone knows.

Also, Ronaldinho lacks ability to switch sides are move much in the game. Rossi and Pato have huge moving ratio and can switch sides as well as play modern pressing on back line.

----Rossi---Pato---
--------Dzeko--

Im convinced this wold be better then with Dinho. Dinho would make Pato play strictly on the right, which is tragic. And, We can have Pato playing 50 games per year, Rossi would add depht and cover few positions.

Maybe we'll include Boriello in Dzeko deal and buy Rossi. For me that is a dream solution at this moment.

But as you say, Milan will force Dinho to play and bring Abate to play RW, a player that is not near Rossi's class but will cost nothing.

mrki
16-06-2009, 10:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFC4R_Y-8E&feature=related

Same thing as Favalli :) :)

rosoneri_11
16-06-2009, 10:19
I would never change Pato with rossi.
Pato will be if not the best Striker of the world, for sure a world class striker.
G rossi is great but not like Pato.

brk
16-06-2009, 10:25
I think Aly will have as much of an impact on our season as Maicon did this last year for Inter.

I'm not sure if I'd be so quick in denying Ronaldinho the ability to get back to being an integral player. As you all well know, I BELIEVE IN THE DINHO.. I don't think he will ever get that spring back, but his vision and technique are still there for all to see. Think of him as Rui Costa from now on. Would anyone not want a 29 year old Rui Costa behind Pato and Dzeko?

Ryo
16-06-2009, 10:35
I think Aly will have as much of an impact on our season as Maicon did this last year for Inter.

I'm not sure if I'd be so quick in denying Ronaldinho the ability to get back to being an integral player. As you all well know, I BELIEVE IN THE DINHO.. I don't think he will ever get that spring back, but his vision and technique are still there for all to see. Think of him as Rui Costa from now on. Would anyone not want a 29 year old Rui Costa behind Pato and Dzeko?

Not if I can get a 22 year old Rui Costa behind Pato and Dzeko :D

But seriously, Ronnie will do his part next season, I'm just doubting how much of a part he will allow himself to have. I'm guessing 30 to 35 games max, bar injuries. For the other 20+ games, we still need quality backup.

Filipéz 182
16-06-2009, 10:56
Rossi : "My model was the Milan of Sacchi"

L' Italy rediscovers the talent of Rossi Giuseppe (22) after the precious shotgun put to mark yesterday in the divided d' debut of Confederations Cup against the Usa. But Rossi, alive for two years on international stages realizing the lucks of the Villareal, squares in which soldier at present. The Italians, that had not the far-sightedness of to aim on the young Reds to the times of the Parma, begin think to be able restore it in Series TO. L' attaching some Yellow Submarine in the divided post claim to inspire itself to the Milan of Sacchi: "When I was small and I lived in Italy my model it was the Milan of Sacchi with Gullit, Van Basten and very other champions". It does you would do in the moment in which it should receive a telephone call of Galliani? "I would answer him hello", it affirms ironically Rossi.

translated from http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=8272

Acmir^
16-06-2009, 10:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFC4R_Y-8E&feature=related

Same thing as Favalli :) :)


My god he's a beast, we have a Gattuso on the left side now.:u125:

spina_don
16-06-2009, 11:15
To be honest, having Rossi would make us a lot more unpredictable and able to have so many formation...Rossi can come and i'm sure he'll play...
Having a forward of Rossi, ronnie, Dzeko, pato, Borriello CAN make us unpredictable and would have danger coming from every area...besides we need a replacement for Kaka and he's the Ideal one..If he comes i promise that i'll not miss Kaka one bit

Hasan Rossonero
16-06-2009, 11:26
Paloschi has renewed with Parma for another year.

official parma site

mrki
16-06-2009, 11:29
Inter have confirmed Ibra and Maicon will stay. The great crisis only happens in Milanello apparently, not in Inter and Juve who are in different Europe then Berlusconi... sad.

zafrul
16-06-2009, 11:30
My god he's a beast, we have a Gattuso on the left side now.:u125:

Good footage...

Yup, we finally have a beast on the left side... honestly janku has been really 'soft' on that side...

With Zambro on the right, our flanks are pretty awesome...

I heard this Miranda guy is the next best thing on the right side?

Siregar
16-06-2009, 11:32
Paloschi has renewed with Parma for another year.

official parma site

Good for him. He is still so young and does need tons of games.

zafrul
16-06-2009, 11:33
Inter have confirmed Ibra and Maicon will stay. The great crisis only happens in Milanello apparently, not in Inter and Juve who are in different Europe then Berlusconi... sad.

I said a while back ago... Real could come with 80mil and Moratti would be able to sit back and tell them no...

I still can't get over the fact we sold Kaka for only 60mil...

We're acting like Lazio or Roma at this present time...

MiamiMilanista
16-06-2009, 11:34
Inter have confirmed Ibra and Maicon will stay. The great crisis only happens in Milanello apparently, not in Inter and Juve who are in different Europe then Berlusconi... sad.

MRKI, you are officially MM's "Debbie-Downer". Enough already.

Siregar
16-06-2009, 11:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFC4R_Y-8E&feature=related

Same thing as Favalli :) :)

He is not Daniel Alves, Sergio Ramos, Clichy, Lahm and other big names but he is still young and seems a good prospect with ready to play in big stage.

Remember, Serie A is not like in the past (top stars came to Serie A). We MUST be smart.

mrki
16-06-2009, 11:36
Maybe I'll change my nickname coz of that "funny" joke.

Fret
16-06-2009, 11:38
Real Madrid players on transfer list:
Gabriel Heinze (6)
- Javier Saviola (5)
- Mahamadou Diarra (20)
- Ruud van Nistelrooy (28)
- Royston Drenthe (5)
- Rafael van der Vaart (18)
- Arjen Robben (30)
- Klaas Jan Huntelaar (20)
- Wesley Sneijder (26)

MiamiMilanista
16-06-2009, 11:39
Maybe I'll change my nickname coz of that "funny" joke.

It wasnt meant to be funny...

zafrul
16-06-2009, 11:45
He is not Daniel Alves, Sergio Ramos, Clichy, Lahm and other big names but he is still young and seems a good prospect with ready to play in big stage.

Remember, Serie A is not like in the past (top stars came to Serie A). We MUST be smart.

He doesn't have to the any of those names, at least we now have made a move that the entire football world goes "wow, what a great move, young and huge prospect and they got him at a really good price"...

unlike our many many moves lately where the world goes "what the hell are they thinking, signing this 33 yr old washed up player?"

These days a brand is not what you advertise or what the management shouts out... is what the consumer says it is... and everyone has been saying that the Milan brand is now a retirement home for fading stars...

hopefully a few more moves like these will go a long way to repair the tarnished Milan brand...

Credit is due when it's due, and have to say great work Galliani, hope he keeps it up!

Looking forward to Dzeko...

zafrul
16-06-2009, 11:48
Real Madrid players on transfer list:
Gabriel Heinze (6)
- Javier Saviola (5)
- Mahamadou Diarra (20)
- Ruud van Nistelrooy (28)
- Royston Drenthe (5)
- Rafael van der Vaart (18)
- Arjen Robben (30)
- Klaas Jan Huntelaar (20)
- Wesley Sneijder (26)

I pity Saviola, he's been from club to club, only to sit on the bench.... hope he makes the right move this time around, coz he's not entirely a bad player....

I would take VDV & Sneijder in a heart beat....

Would leave Huntelaar as the hype on Dzeko is just too great at this point in time...

M.O.I.
16-06-2009, 11:50
come on mrki stop it,we are owned by the best human being around,that does everything for milan's sake..
i ve said it and i ll say it again silvio is not moratti..although they have sth in common they both wanted to buy inter at first..you may say whatever you want,i think that anyone can defend the team on his way,for me its very important people protesting and not saying BEE BEE all the time..

ps mrki i m sure that you love silvio, i mean you're the only one having his face as his avatar..

ZvonimirBoban
16-06-2009, 11:56
ps mrki i m sure that you love silvio, i mean you're the only one having his face as his avatar..


best thing I've read today. LOL.:5ok:

Siregar
16-06-2009, 12:07
He doesn't have to the any of those names, at least we now have made a move that the entire football world goes "wow, what a great move, young and huge prospect and they got him at a really good price"...

unlike our many many moves lately where the world goes "what the hell are they thinking, signing this 33 yr old washed up player?"

These days a brand is not what you advertise or what the management shouts out... is what the consumer says it is... and everyone has been saying that the Milan brand is now a retirement home for fading stars...

hopefully a few more moves like these will go a long way to repair the tarnished Milan brand...

Credit is due when it's due, and have to say great work Galliani, hope he keeps it up!

Looking forward to Dzeko...

Yes. Signing big names cost much money not only for transfer fee BUT also for wages. I am in with recent management's decision, to build a new team (but not completely new) with the combination of young and fresh players with experienced ones.

nefremo
16-06-2009, 12:43
Real Madrid players on transfer list:
Gabriel Heinze (6)
- Javier Saviola (5)
- Mahamadou Diarra (20)
- Ruud van Nistelrooy (28)
- Royston Drenthe (5)
- Rafael van der Vaart (18)
- Arjen Robben (30)
- Klaas Jan Huntelaar (20)
- Wesley Sneijder (26)

What's with the numbers. Are those the expected prices that Real will probably ask for?

If so, then i'm confused about that because many of those numbers look odd.

Fret
16-06-2009, 12:46
It's from some Croatian portal.....I'm not sure what those numbers mean also, but probably what they ask for......it's not official anyway

Filipéz 182
16-06-2009, 12:48
28 for van nistelrooy is a joke :D

Anyway, I dont want any of those. Maybe robben or diarra if they could come in cheap but thats not gonna happen.

Reza
16-06-2009, 12:48
Whether or not they are iffy numbers is another question but yes nefremo.
Selling all those players would make their summer spending look like a summer sale, that's almost 160million there.

Fret
16-06-2009, 12:49
Rafael van der Vaart only 18 mil...?????
anyway..it's from this site... http://soccerlens.com/real-madrid-firesale-sneijder-huntelaar-robben-diarra-van-der-vaart-and-ruud-for-sale/30759/

The price is according to www.transfermarkt.de

Filipéz 182
16-06-2009, 12:55
18m for VD vaart is enough. also sneijder isnt worth 26, van nistelrooy is worth 9 at least! teams wont pay much becouse these players HAVE to leave

nefremo
16-06-2009, 13:27
Yea, that's why I said that it's confusing.

Because they want 28mil for Van Nistelrooy. Who even though has an unbeliavable scoring record.......has 32 years next to his name and has been injured for the whole season. No sane person would pay that much for Ruud and Real should be happy if they even get 15 for him.

Also, They paid around 15mil for Drenthe....and even though he's caused some disciplinary problems and hasn't fulfilled his potential that he showed on the U21 championships....he still is a young, talented and an explosive 22 year old player. Many people don't give him a second look because of his issues, but he has some good attributes as a player on the field and 5mil is a great deal. (Not necessarily for Milan, but I'm talking in general)

Van Der Vaart may sound right at 18mil, but Real only paid around 13/14 mil for him.......and now they clearly don't want him. So why would someone pay them 18. It makes no sense.

Ryo
16-06-2009, 13:32
Regardless, I would like to see both VDV and Sneijder in Milan if possible, given that we might not be able to sign Hernanes.


Oh, and the U-21 Team is playing in 14 minutes, good place to look for up-and-coming prospects? :D

Filipéz 182
16-06-2009, 13:46
www.uefa.com just register (for free) and watch in very good quality!! great streaming there
forza italia!!
man I am watching soo much football lately!! I'm an addict :D

Rick
16-06-2009, 13:46
I pity Saviola, he's been from club to club, only to sit on the bench.... hope he makes the right move this time around, coz he's not entirely a bad player....

I would take VDV & Sneijder in a heart beat....

Would leave Huntelaar as the hype on Dzeko is just too great at this point in time...

I agree on all counts. I've always liked Saviola and never understood why he hasn't been playing full time for somebody all along.

And I've said all along that the two guys I wish Milan would buy from Real Madrid are Van der Vaart and Sneijder.

Rick
16-06-2009, 13:48
Van Der Vaart may sound right at 18mil, but Real only paid around 13/14 mil for him.......and now they clearly don't want him. So why would someone pay them 18. It makes no sense.

This is where, if Milan had been smart, they would have talked about Van der Vaart and/or Sneijder during the Kaka negotiations. Even if they hadn't been made part of the deal, Milan could have gotten some sort of understanding to sell them at a bit of a discount price.

mzk57
16-06-2009, 14:18
I am dreaming to see this team next season :sagrin:

.........................Akinfeev............................
.....Zambrotta...Nesta...Santacroce...Zirkov......
..........Gattuso.....DeRossi.....Flamini...............
............Silva.........Dzeko......Ronie................

Super Subs
G.Rossi, Borriello, Antonini, Maxwell, Bonera, Ambro, Abbiatti
Ideal LWB for ACM would have been Juri Zirkov, but Cissokho is probably the second best choice, now my dream is one step close to become a reality. :)

Filipéz 182
16-06-2009, 14:40
I agree on all counts. I've always liked Saviola and never understood why he hasn't been playing full time for somebody all along.

And I've said all along that the two guys I wish Milan would buy from Real Madrid are Van der Vaart and Sneijder.

VD Vaart is talented but he lacks something, I dont think he'll ever réally make it in a big team.
sneijder is better but he's an arrogant little prick, I (and many others in holland/belgium) cant stand him. so a big no for him :D

Stitch
16-06-2009, 15:40
those numbers after real madrid player's names are probably their jersey numbers. and look, of those 9 names, six are dutch :ilol:

Warro Bantan
16-06-2009, 16:15
Apparently, Mexes wont be arriving:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun16r.html

Another "Nesta" situation in the making? :rollani:

And it gets worse:

http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/13-06-2009/maldini-negotiates-with-chelsea-50525348576.shtml Apparently Maldini is actually in negotiations with Chelski...which would indeed be sad, and some sort of inictment against the management...hmmmm :dontkn:

K77SH C
16-06-2009, 16:36
Apparently, Mexes wont be arriving:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun16r.html

Another "Nesta" situation in the making? :rollani:

And it gets worse:

http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/13-06-2009/maldini-negotiates-with-chelsea-50525348576.shtml Apparently Maldini is actually in negotiations with Chelski...which would indeed be sad, and some sort of inictment against the management...hmmmm :dontkn:

Mexes is a bag of #%$&

Im having visions of the Maldini kids playing in blue

Acmir^
16-06-2009, 16:38
Im having visions of the Maldini kids playing in blue


Now, that's a bad trip.:guw:

drucurl
16-06-2009, 16:55
That member is Mr. Fret. I thought it won't be good to quote a great idea like that without the name of the genius who posted it :grinser:


I am dreaming to see this team next season :sagrin:

.........................Akinfeev............................
.....Zambrotta...Nesta...Santacroce...Zirkov......
..........Gattuso.....DeRossi.....Flamini...............
............Silva.........Dzeko......Ronie................

Super Subs
G.Rossi, Borriello, Antonini, Maxwell, Bonera, Ambro, Abbiatti

What happened to our living legend Seedorf, he declared that he wants to stay.
Seedorf??? What happened to Pato :dontkn: Or are all superstars not part of our "philosphy" (what a joke :wallbang: )

I just want to say, again, that those things about financial crisic is a cheep trick that Berlusconi couldnt wait to use. We stoped spending money 3 years before "official" financial crisis... Milan wanted to sell Kaka', they tryed, he said yes. Everyone was pleased. I have a lot of friends that are die hard Interisti and Juventini, and everyone feels sorry that Kaka' left serie a. It is ALL coz Silvio didnt want to spend his money! I blame Berlusconi 95% for this. "Crisis" never existed in AC Milan, its all lies ( and cheep...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On mercato: I dont expect anything but few half-players and one good player, maybe too. The "new circle" will be ****. Last time the new circle was started with Nesta, Seedorf, Pirlo, Inzaghi!, Rivaldo, Rui Costa... that is a new circle! This is new robbing manevour...

There are plenty of players Milan can get to have AGAIN great squad: Maxwell, Santa, D'Agostino ( went away to Juve, coz Galliani doesnt follow players in serie a! ), Henanes, Eto'o, Benzema, Hazard ( maybe ), ROSSI...

It really makes me sad to see Milan does not look for Benzema coz I think he is the best solution for our CF. Aldough he had a bit of an off half year, he is a better player then Dzeko, in my opponion, and leaves us space for Hernanes. But Benzema costs 35mln at least.

No news for today except that Wolfsburd wants to keep their squad to play well in CL. Wolfsburg did great things and I wish them well, even without Dzeko maybe :) +1000
We are looking in the second and third drawer because top drawer players are out of our league apparently

Now everybody is talking about this ONE season wonder Dzeko guy like he's the second coming of Van Basten.....I'm no Benzema fan but I would have at least liked to be linked with him.

We're changing our TRADITIONAL form of attack into a hybrid Manu-Barca game....great but where's the CR7? the Messi? the KAKA :wth: I guess it's all down to the Pato whether he can take the pressure on his delicate wings.

AGAIN WE are linked with NO big names in football. God forbid an Aguero or a Dani Alves gets linked to us. What is utterly sad is that the fans have all turned into scouts.....looking all over the globe for lesser known talents who aren't guarantees - or smaller probabilities of being world class.

Make no mistake I'm happy we got Cissokho....we haven't had one in FOUR YEARS....only AGAIN this guy played well for ONE season



Mrki is right. this is sad. B&G are to blame.

hitmannq8
16-06-2009, 17:05
Tomorrow the Lega Calcio will make their decision on whether they will accept 3 Non-EU spots or not.

Milan has been waiting for that decision apparently before making a move for either Dzeko or Hernanes.

curki
16-06-2009, 17:40
I'd like to see Milan like this next year:

----------------Abbiati-------------------
---Zambrotta---Nesta(Zapata)--T.Silva--Cissokho--
----------Gattuso----Flamini(Ambrosini)---
-----------------Pirlo--------------------
-----Pato--------------------Rossi-------
----------------Dzeko-------------------

Witho Rossi and Pato at the wings we would have dynamic attack, and defending formation would be standard 4-4-2

----------------Abbiati-------------------
---Zambrotta---Nesta(Zapata)--T.Silva--Cissokho--
-Gattuso----Pirlo----Flamini(Ambrosini)---Rossi----
-----------------------------------------
------------Pato------Dzeko-------------

GeoTav
16-06-2009, 17:45
We are looking in the second and third drawer because top drawer players are out of our league apparently

Now everybody is talking about this ONE season wonder Dzeko guy like he's the second coming of Van Basten.....I'm no Benzema fan but I would have at least liked to be linked with him.

We're changing our TRADITIONAL form of attack into a hybrid Manu-Barca game....great but where's the CR7? the Messi? the KAKA :wth: I guess it's all down to the Pato whether he can take the pressure on his delicate wings.

AGAIN WE are linked with NO big names in football. God forbid an Aguero or a Dani Alves gets linked to us. What is utterly sad is that the fans have all turned into scouts.....looking all over the globe for lesser known talents who aren't guarantees - or smaller probabilities of being world class.

Funny how you seem to know what will do Leonardo ... actually, he said in his first interview that he wanted to play with the traditionnal 4-3-1-2 formation and fullbacks who are able to go forward (and the fact that Abate comes back means the guy will probably play sometimes in the "3" midfielders and bring more offensive touch to the team ; Leonardo seems to want several solutions to make his formation and not only typical DMs+CMs for example for the midfield).

What is funny about Dzeko is that everybody on this forum asked for him since January, but now we are near from his arrival, some people "bash" (not really but I don't know what word to use there) him.

Oh and about superstars or young players ... if we end this summer with Cissokho, Dzeko, Hernanes or any other good midfielder of this kind (not a DM), a solid central defender and, my biggest hope, G.Rossi, it will be the best mercato we will have done for the last 7-8 years.

Warro Bantan
16-06-2009, 17:47
Tomorrow the Lega Calcio will make their decision on whether they will accept 3 Non-EU spots or not.

Milan has been waiting for that decision apparently before making a move for either Dzeko or Hernanes. Hopefully this will eliminate anymore excuses from the B&G assembly line....yet, somehow, I doubt it. :dontkn:

For me, with the sale of our marquis player, we have taken a major step back...that however, is for me, (thinking positively) one step back, to take a leap forward.:w221:

That said, the marquis player Kaka could have left for a free next year...and with the flirtations that were constantly taking place with his Dad and Madrid, can you imagine the wrath of Milan fans were he to leave on a free? Hmmmm....no, Kaka, the good evangelical, wouldnt ever ever leave Milan on his own voilition...nope, no way. He is a Milanista for life! :rollani:

Anyhoo...:delol:

This decision for me should signal the start of the "non-EU" mercato. Im willing to wait and see what unfolds...(as if I had any choice :D)

FORZA MILAN!!

hitmannq8
16-06-2009, 18:11
I don't think they will accept, Italy wants to keep ts league more Italian, that's why its national team is more successful than the other ones in Europe. It'll be good for Milan to accept the decision but in the long run I think Italy will be harmed.

Warro Bantan
16-06-2009, 18:16
I don't think they will accept, Italy wants to keep ts league more Italian, that's why its national team is more successful than the other ones in Europe. It'll be good for Milan to accept the decision but in the long run I think Italy will be harmed. I guess you know my response to that point already hitster!

pazj
16-06-2009, 19:23
Interesting article in the Guardian a well respected UK publication. It talks about the transfer strategy of Man UTD specifically how they will no longer purchase players 26 or and older as such players have no resale value and therefore do not justify large fees...maybe milan have a similar philosophy in mind post Kaka. What do you guys think about the merits of such a strategy?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/17/manchester-united-transfer-policy

drucurl
16-06-2009, 20:17
@geotav: i remember you being similarly optimistic and doggedly supportive of management last time around. As i predicted inter were going to runaway with the title while we'd be fighting with juve for the scraps. In fact the only thing that i predicted wrongly was that quaresma was going to be a superstar :D Yet again i forsee more heartache resulting from another pr-driven mercato. Last time it was flam+ a bunch of useless crap. This time it's a bunch of quickly and cleverly hyped up second tier players....no disrespect to any of them and I really really hope they turn out to be as good as they look

nefremo
16-06-2009, 20:23
I don't think they will accept, Italy wants to keep ts league more Italian, that's why its national team is more successful than the other ones in Europe. It'll be good for Milan to accept the decision but in the long run I think Italy will be harmed.

You are right...........but the other side of things is that the Italian FA wants our teams to be competitive with the other top European sides and play in the semi-finals, finals of CL/Europa League regularly. That means more money for the league itself as it will have far more exposure and commercial value.
Anyhow....we'll see what happens.

rt9
16-06-2009, 21:12
People keep forgetting that the best Milan teams of old did not actually buy the biggest of names, they were quality players who came here and became stars. Where were Gullit, Van Basten, and Rijkaard before coming to Milan? They were top players in their league, but became superstars with us---their values would have quadrupled if we were ever to sell them. Now look at the latest "cycle"---Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaladze, Gattuso, Ambrosini----these guys were not superstars. Pirlo and Seedorf were Inter rejects---we made them superstars. Look at Kaka. Who was he when we bought him? Another Brazilian prospect---and what is he today? Similarly with Pato---we bought him for 22M, today he is worth double.

The point I'm trying to make is that we have been a club that has been most successful when we buy quality players and integrate them into our team and turn them into top stars. We are not like Real Madrid who only buy players when they become stars. IN fact, when we tried to do that in the mid 1990's, we flopped---We had Roby Baggio, Papin on the bench. Vieira was wasted in the youth team. Davids came and didn't find space. That is a failed approach.

As long as management are looking for the best talent out there and competing for their signatures, I'm happy. WIth regards to Kaka, people keep forgetting, it was his decision to go, we simply cannot bump up his salary and extend his contract each time Madrid knock on the door, so if he wants to leave, I'm all the more happy he's gone.

rt9
16-06-2009, 21:15
I think Cissokho would be a great addition, and with a price tag of 15 M, I wouldnt call that a lack of ambition. Dzeko is a MUST. Without a strong target man, we will keep playing pretty football and drawing against smaller teams.

ZvonimirBoban
16-06-2009, 21:27
Ideal LWB for ACM would have been Juri Zirkov, but Cissokho is probably the second best choice, now my dream is one step close to become a reality. :)


With all respect, Zhirkov can't defend. He may be even more awful than our Janku. Cissokho is the best, optimum option out there.

slifersd
16-06-2009, 22:05
As long as management are looking for the best talent out there and competing for their signatures, I'm happy. WIth regards to Kaka, people keep forgetting, it was his decision to go, we simply cannot bump up his salary and extend his contract each time Madrid knock on the door, so if he wants to leave, I'm all the more happy he's gone.

Man, you cannot be serious about this whole Kaka thing. Sure, it was his final decision to leave, but it's not like the management actually made a meaningful attempt to keep him here. Once the management started fielding offers for you, what is a player supposed to do? Cry and beg for the managment to take him back? For years, Kaka decided to stay with Milan rather than leaving. If anything, he has showed that he is loyal to the team. Sure, they eventually gave him a lot of money too, but which player doesn't get that? The bottomline is, he decided to stay!

It is strange that a lot of people keep talking about Kaka leaving because of money. From what I read, however, he is still getting roughly 9 million euros a year in Madrid, roughly the same amount he was making here. So, how exactly is he benefiting financially because of this move? He left because he no longer wanted to stay with a loser team that had no ambition or loyalty to him. Just because it was his final word to say "Yes, I will sign with RM", doesn't make it his fault that this whole thing happened in the first place.

People can talk trash about Kaka all they want, but if you for one second think that this team is actually better off without Kaka and Gourcuff even if they do bring in Cissokho, Dzeko and Hernanes, you must be on some powerful chronic.

zafrul
16-06-2009, 22:10
Hey, anyone have any idea why Santacroce was NOT called up to the national side and there's not rumours about big clubs coming for him...

I mean, Cissokho only had 6 great months with Porto and we went for him, to say Santa only had 1 great season in Serie A is not enough and maybe a 1 hit season wonder, shouldn't deter Milan from going after him...

This guy has class ooooozing out of him...

Hasan Rossonero
16-06-2009, 22:10
Man, you cannot be serious about this whole Kaka thing. Sure, it was his final decision to leave, but it's not like the management actually made a meaningful attempt to keep him here. Once the management started fielding offers for you, what is a player supposed to do? Cry and beg for the managment to take him back? For years, Kaka decided to stay with Milan rather than leaving. If anything, he has showed that he is loyal to the team. Sure, they eventually gave him a lot of money too, but which player doesn't get that? The bottomline is, he decided to stay!

It is strange that a lot of people keep talking about Kaka leaving because of money. From what I read, however, he is still getting roughly 9 million euros a year in Madrid, roughly the same amount he was making here. So, how exactly is he benefiting financially because of this move? He left because he no longer wanted to stay with a loser team that had no ambition or loyalty to him. Just because it was his final word to say "Yes, I will sign with RM", doesn't make it his fault that this whole thing happened in the first place.

People can talk trash about Kaka all they want, but if you for one second think that this team is actually better off without Kaka and Gourcuff even if they do bring in Cissokho, Dzeko and Hernanes, you must be on some powerful chronic.

He is benefiting because of better endorsements. Madrid can harness Kaka's image better than we can. Further, agents get a percentage of a move. So Bosco Leite is rolling it in right now. All in the family etc.

Gourcuff was absolute crud when he played for us. Kaka' is a big loss. We will miss him for sure.

slifersd
16-06-2009, 22:36
He is benefiting because of better endorsements. Madrid can harness Kaka's image better than we can. Further, agents get a percentage of a move. So Bosco Leite is rolling it in right now. All in the family etc.

Gourcuff was absolute crud when he played for us. Kaka' is a big loss. We will miss him for sure.

It is true that RM is a much better marketing team (which begs the question, why does Milan have such a lousy marketing department?), but I also heard that they take a big share of the players' image rights. Milan, on the other hand, gives full image rights to the players. So the difference there shouldn't be too big. As far as Leite's commission is concerned, I seriously doubt Kaka would move to a different club just so his dad could score some quick cash.

Gourcuff did indeed stink when he was here, but since Kaka is leaving, I would still feel a lot better about having Ronaldinho and Gourcuff to replace Kaka rather than having to relay on just Ronaldinho. As someone said, Milan is a good star making team, so why did they give up on a promising young star and go for a guy on the verge of passing his prime? That logic made no sense is all i am saying.

rt9
16-06-2009, 22:52
Ha ha, I cannot believe how naive some of you are. It is not the amount he's paid per year, it is the DURATION of his contract. He signed a 6 year 9.5 M per year deal with Real Madrid, that means he's GUARANTEED about 60 M Euros over the next six years. This means that when he's 33, on the bench, off-form, or even spending the year on the sidellines with an injury, he still makes 6 M. No club in their right mind would offer a 27 year old a deal like that. At most he gets a 3 year deal subject to renewal.

That is why he left folks, the money was better and we couldnt match it. So much for the "I love Jesus" part.

Gabriel489
16-06-2009, 23:00
People keep forgetting that the best Milan teams of old did not actually buy the biggest of names, they were quality players who came here and became stars. Where were Gullit, Van Basten, and Rijkaard before coming to Milan? They were top players in their league, but became superstars with us---their values would have quadrupled if we were ever to sell them. Now look at the latest "cycle"---Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaladze, Gattuso, Ambrosini----these guys were not superstars. Pirlo and Seedorf were Inter rejects---we made them superstars. Look at Kaka. Who was he when we bought him? Another Brazilian prospect---and what is he today? Similarly with Pato---we bought him for 22M, today he is worth double.

The point I'm trying to make is that we have been a club that has been most successful when we buy quality players and integrate them into our team and turn them into top stars. We are not like Real Madrid who only buy players when they become stars. IN fact, when we tried to do that in the mid 1990's, we flopped---We had Roby Baggio, Papin on the bench. Vieira was wasted in the youth team. Davids came and didn't find space. That is a failed approach.

As long as management are looking for the best talent out there and competing for their signatures, I'm happy. WIth regards to Kaka, people keep forgetting, it was his decision to go, we simply cannot bump up his salary and extend his contract each time Madrid knock on the door, so if he wants to leave, I'm all the more happy he's gone.

The Dutch trio pretty much made their names in Euro 88, and thats before they came to Milan. Pirlo is probably the only one I consider a superstar for the list you have, as Seedorf pretty much made a name for himself, and Kaladze is crap, Gattuso and Ambro are great role players but not superstars.

Kaka is not a nobody when we signed him, as Chelsea and even ManU were looking at him.

One more thing, Milan always buy the top stars in the market before, from the Dutch Trio, to Papin and Desailly, Leo and Boban, Weah, Baggio, even Sheva as he led Kiev to the Semis of CL two years in a row, then there were Rui Costa, Nesta, Pippo, Rivaldo, and Crespo. IF anything, there is only one player who came in and developed to be a superstar and thats Pato, while Kliuvert, Bogarde, Davids, Gilardino, M. Laursen, RJ, Coloccini, Gourcuff and even Borreillo failed to develop in Milan.

nefremo
16-06-2009, 23:01
It has been stated a lot of times throughout the years that Real Madrid is kind of like Kaka's dream, so to speak. It was always the one team that Kaka really wanted to play for and more or less people knew that he'd go there sooner or later. I for one never thought he would stay here until the end exactly because of the reports of Real Madrid.

Don't ask me for links on this.....I don't have them. But I do remember reading that more then a few times on the net and I'm sure other people here have read it too. One time that I read this for sure, was in January when he rejected the move to Man City. There were reports back then swinging all over the place about how Kaka was going to wait for Madrid this summer because Real was the one team that he didn't want to pass on and that he wanted to play there before he ends his career. And also, as Rt9 said....the duration of the contract is ridiculous and something that no-other club would have done.

The move was two-sided. The management accepted to sell him, and then Kaka accepted to go. It was obvious that everyone was content and happy with the move. Real, Milan and Kaka himself. But let's drop it. He is gone so let's leave him be. What's done is done.....but the people thinking that Kaka is a saint in the whole situation need to turn around and look at the whole scenario rather then focusing on Kaka, the most humane being in the world that was 'driven' out of Milan.

Gabriel489
16-06-2009, 23:08
Ha ha, I cannot believe how naive some of you are. It is not the amount he's paid per year, it is the DURATION of his contract. He signed a 6 year 9.5 M per year deal with Real Madrid, that means he's GUARANTEED about 60 M Euros over the next six years. This means that when he's 33, on the bench, off-form, or even spending the year on the sidellines with an injury, he still makes 6 M. No club in their right mind would offer a 27 year old a deal like that. At most he gets a 3 year deal subject to renewal.

That is why he left folks, the money was better and we couldnt match it. So much for the "I love Jesus" part.

You are saying that Milan will not offer a 30 yrs old a 9.5 mil dollars contract till he is 33.

I am just going to give you one name, Dida, he was offered a 4.5mil contract when he was 33.

Supporting B & G are great but don't twist facts. If B & G offered Dida a 4.5m contract for 4 years at 33, I am sure they will offer a 9.5m cotract for Kaka at 30.

rt9
17-06-2009, 00:05
Yes, but Dida is a goalkeeper, they can keep playing til they're 40. Second, 4.5 M is HALF of 9 M, so I stand by my point, no sane club will offer 9.5 M Euro per year to a 27 year old for a guaranteed term of 6 years.

Seconly, I don't agree with your previous post. Players who we signed were always up and coming, who then proved a huge success with us. How much did we buy Sheva for? And how much did we sell him? That is proof that he signed with us as a huge up and coming star, and became an established superstar. Then what happened with Chelsea? What happened to his value? He dropped from a superstar to bench player in 2 years.

We were at our worst when we bought players like Real Madrid and Chelsea do these days. When Berlu splashed the cash on Baggio, Papin, or whoever he liked, they came to us with huge reputations and didn't get a chance to prove themselves, or didn't live up to the hype and were eventually sold at a loss. Look at Rui Costa, he did not live up to the hype considering how much we shelled out for him, and look at Kaka, how much did we pay for him? And look what became of him?

All I'm trying to say is that we're better off with the Kaka-type transfers than the BIG Rui Costa-type transfers.....if you know what I mean..

Rick
17-06-2009, 00:10
Ha ha, I cannot believe how naive some of you are. It is not the amount he's paid per year, it is the DURATION of his contract. He signed a 6 year 9.5 M per year deal with Real Madrid, that means he's GUARANTEED about 60 M Euros over the next six years. This means that when he's 33, on the bench, off-form, or even spending the year on the sidellines with an injury, he still makes 6 M. No club in their right mind would offer a 27 year old a deal like that. At most he gets a 3 year deal subject to renewal.

That is why he left folks, the money was better and we couldnt match it. So much for the "I love Jesus" part.

The Jesus of the Bible seemed like a bit of a socialist, helping the poor and all. The Jesus of the fundamentalists is all capitalist baby. All you have to do is look at the preachers on TV. Jesus used to love the poor and the downtrodden. Now it seems the more He loves you the richer He makes you. So I'm not surprised. I'm sure Kaka is really serious about his faith, but it seems greed long ago got the boot from the Seven Deadly Sins. Poverty apparently took its place.

The Dutch trio pretty much made their names in Euro 88, and thats before they came to Milan.



Actually, Milan bought Marco and Gullit in 1987. Rijkaard, if I'm not mistaken, was signed from Sporting as soon as his loan deal ended with Real Zaragoza in 1988, before the Euro 2008 competition in June. Granted, they were all stars in the Dutch league, but they had not proven themselves at the Serie A level.


I am just going to give you one name, Dida, he was offered a 4.5mil contract when he was 33.



Goalkeepers are a completely different animal. Some of the world's best keepers continue to play at a high level well into their upper 30s.

ZvonimirBoban
17-06-2009, 00:18
The Jesus of the Bible seemed like a bit of a socialist, helping the poor and all. The Jesus of the fundamentalists is all capitalist baby. All you have to do is look at the preachers on TV. Jesus used to love the poor and the downtrodden. Now it seems the more He loves you the richer He makes you. So I'm not surprised. I'm sure Kaka is really serious about his faith, but it seems greed long ago got the boot from the Seven Deadly Sins. Poverty apparently took its place.

It's funny how are Kaka's loyalty was linked with his faith. Does leaving Milan for Real made him a worse Christian? I don't think so.

Jeff
17-06-2009, 00:23
I agree it's far-fetched, THOUGH:

Psalms 58:3b “These who speak lies go astray”

lol.

Ok I'm just picking on him now.

No I don't think it should be linked to religion in anyway (sorry mod, oops).

J

mzk57
17-06-2009, 00:24
Is 30 mil euros gonna be enough to get De Rossi, David Silva or Jao Moutinho? And how much G.Rossi would cost ACM? Any one any idea?

mzk57
17-06-2009, 00:32
With all respect, Zhirkov can't defend. He may be even more awful than our Janku. Cissokho is the best, optimum option out there.
Ok fine. But with all respect, I like Janku very much for what he has done for the last 3 years or so. He is not that bad even as a LWB. He runs more than Gattuso on the field at times. Remember he was the only player to have player every ACM in 2006-2007 CL. I think Janku deserves more from the fans and I would love to see him retire at ACM.

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 00:52
Yes, but Dida is a goalkeeper, they can keep playing til they're 40. Second, 4.5 M is HALF of 9 M, so I stand by my point, no sane club will offer 9.5 M Euro per year to a 27 year old for a guaranteed term of 6 years.

Seconly, I don't agree with your previous post. Players who we signed were always up and coming, who then proved a huge success with us. How much did we buy Sheva for? And how much did we sell him? That is proof that he signed with us as a huge up and coming star, and became an established superstar. Then what happened with Chelsea? What happened to his value? He dropped from a superstar to bench player in 2 years.

We were at our worst when we bought players like Real Madrid and Chelsea do these days. When Berlu splashed the cash on Baggio, Papin, or whoever he liked, they came to us with huge reputations and didn't get a chance to prove themselves, or didn't live up to the hype and were eventually sold at a loss. Look at Rui Costa, he did not live up to the hype considering how much we shelled out for him, and look at Kaka, how much did we pay for him? And look what became of him?

All I'm trying to say is that we're better off with the Kaka-type transfers than the BIG Rui Costa-type transfers.....if you know what I mean..

My point is that Berlu will splash that type of money on Kaka as he had done so in the past to over the hill players, not that Kaka is over the hill. Dida was just one example. Seedorf is another, then there is Emerson. They might not make 9.5mil a year but their qualities are light years behind Kaka.

You talk about Sheva, well, Milan did not really got him on the cheap as he did cost about 20Mil. And once you add in the inflation of the players market over the years, Milan might have sold him for 30Mil two years ago, but it is actually less than what Milan played for him. As two years ago, Pool got Babel for 15mil. Thats show you how much the market had inflated. So 30Mil two years ago might actually be 17mil or less at the time we got Sheva.
On top of that, most of us, if no all thought Sheva's deal was a horrible deal for Milan...It only looks good now, b/c Sheva failed, but if he done well or good at Chelsea, most of us will still be cursing our MGT about selling Sheva.

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 00:59
[QUOTE=Rick;535988]
Actually, Milan bought Marco and Gullit in 1987. Rijkaard, if I'm not mistaken, was signed from Sporting as soon as his loan deal ended with Real Zaragoza in 1988, before the Euro 2008 competition in June. Granted, they were all stars in the Dutch league, but they had not proven themselves at the Serie A level.QUOTE]

Already talked about Kaka and Sheva.

Well, maybe the Dutch Trio were bought before Euro 88, can't really remember that long. But Berlu did broke the transfer fees for Gullit at that time. I think it was about 8mil or so, but it was a huge amount for any player at that time. Kind of like 80Mil for C Ronaldo

vermyapre
17-06-2009, 01:32
My point is that Berlu will splash that type of money on Kaka as he had done so in the past to over the hill players, not that Kaka is over the hill. Dida was just one example. Seedorf is another, then there is Emerson. They might not make 9.5mil a year but their qualities are light years behind Kaka.

You talk about Sheva, well, Milan did not really got him on the cheap as he did cost about 20Mil. And once you add in the inflation of the players market over the years, Milan might have sold him for 30Mil two years ago, but it is actually less than what Milan played for him. As two years ago, Pool got Babel for 15mil. Thats show you how much the market had inflated. So 30Mil two years ago might actually be 17mil or less at the time we got Sheva.
On top of that, most of us, if no all thought Sheva's deal was a horrible deal for Milan...It only looks good now, b/c Sheva failed, but if he done well or good at Chelsea, most of us will still be cursing our MGT about selling Sheva.

u can't simply comapre this way.
u still gotta look at wat Sheva brought us during his stay with us.

bought at 20mil -> inflation -> sold at 30mil -> no profit due to inflation?

wat abt the goals he scored for us?
wat abt the matches he won for us?
wat abt the CL we won?
these are the non-material profits.

regin
17-06-2009, 02:01
Is 30 mil euros gonna be enough to get De Rossi, David Silva or Jao Moutinho? And how much G.Rossi would cost ACM? Any one any idea?

DE rossi would alone cost 40 mln..Now with the markets inflated he would cost more...

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 02:14
u can't simply comapre this way.
u still gotta look at wat Sheva brought us during his stay with us.

bought at 20mil -> inflation -> sold at 30mil -> no profit due to inflation?

wat abt the goals he scored for us?
wat abt the matches he won for us?
wat abt the CL we won?
these are the non-material profits.

Dude, I think you should read all the posts about this. As I am having a discussion about Milan buying already made players or great prospects.

His/her point is that Milan bought Sheva as a great prospects, got him for less money than Milan sold him. While I beg the different. As I pointed out Milan actually sold him for less money they got him for. It was only on transfer money.

As for what you are saying, no doubt about it, I think Sheva was worth all the money Milan spent on him, salaries + transfer fees.

ZvonimirBoban
17-06-2009, 02:17
Is 30 mil euros gonna be enough to get De Rossi, David Silva or Jao Moutinho? And how much G.Rossi would cost ACM? Any one any idea?

I doubt 30 mil euros would be enough even just for ONE of them. Rossi for 15-25M euros I think.

Ok fine. But with all respect, I like Janku very much for what he has done for the last 3 years or so. He is not that bad even as a LWB. He runs more than Gattuso on the field at times. Remember he was the only player to have player every ACM in 2006-2007 CL. I think Janku deserves more from the fans and I would love to see him retire at ACM.


Yes. I think you missed my point. You said that Cissokho was second best option after Zhirkov. I said that Zhirkov defends awfully and even Janku did better so I think Cissokho is better than Zhirkov. I only took Janku for comparison, no disrespect or offense to him.

kastriot
17-06-2009, 02:17
u can't simply comapre this way.
u still gotta look at wat Sheva brought us during his stay with us.

bought at 20mil -> inflation -> sold at 30mil -> no profit due to inflation?

wat abt the goals he scored for us?
wat abt the matches he won for us?
wat abt the CL we won?
these are the non-material profits.

Is it just me or sheva was sold for 45+ mil euros????

One more thing. When he was bought it was 20 mil DM(deutch marks) equal to 10 mil euros now.

brk
17-06-2009, 02:48
People keep forgetting that the best Milan teams of old did not actually buy the biggest of names, they were quality players who came here and became stars. Where were Gullit, Van Basten, and Rijkaard before coming to Milan? They were top players in their league, but became superstars with us---their values would have quadrupled if we were ever to sell them. Now look at the latest "cycle"---Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaladze, Gattuso, Ambrosini----these guys were not superstars. Pirlo and Seedorf were Inter rejects---we made them superstars. Look at Kaka. Who was he when we bought him? Another Brazilian prospect---and what is he today? Similarly with Pato---we bought him for 22M, today he is worth double.

The point I'm trying to make is that we have been a club that has been most successful when we buy quality players and integrate them into our team and turn them into top stars. We are not like Real Madrid who only buy players when they become stars. IN fact, when we tried to do that in the mid 1990's, we flopped---We had Roby Baggio, Papin on the bench. Vieira was wasted in the youth team. Davids came and didn't find space. That is a failed approach.

As long as management are looking for the best talent out there and competing for their signatures, I'm happy. WIth regards to Kaka, people keep forgetting, it was his decision to go, we simply cannot bump up his salary and extend his contract each time Madrid knock on the door, so if he wants to leave, I'm all the more happy he's gone.

Pippo, Rui Costa, Nesta?

Siregar
17-06-2009, 02:48
Is it just me or sheva was sold for 45+ mil euros????

One more thing. When he was bought it was 20 mil DM(deutch marks) equal to 10 mil euros now.

Yes. Sheva was around that price. Some said it's around 30 mil pounds, others said around 35 mil pounds. Like you said, it's around 45+ mil euros.

If I remember correctly, Sheva was brought in the region of 14-15 mil pounds (around 22 mil euros).

ps : I think, the price should be always in pounds. Goal.com said Kaka was second expensive player after Zidane BECAUSE they use euros as currency, if we use pounds Zidane's price is second to Kaka's one.

ACMILAN1983
17-06-2009, 03:23
Rossi : "My model was the Milan of Sacchi"

L' Italy rediscovers the talent of Rossi Giuseppe (22) after the precious shotgun put to mark yesterday in the divided d' debut of Confederations Cup against the Usa. But Rossi, alive for two years on international stages realizing the lucks of the Villareal, squares in which soldier at present. The Italians, that had not the far-sightedness of to aim on the young Reds to the times of the Parma, begin think to be able restore it in Series TO. L' attaching some Yellow Submarine in the divided post claim to inspire itself to the Milan of Sacchi: "When I was small and I lived in Italy my model it was the Milan of Sacchi with Gullit, Van Basten and very other champions". It does you would do in the moment in which it should receive a telephone call of Galliani? "I would answer him hello", it affirms ironically Rossi.

translated from http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=8272

Here's the English version..

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/17/1329768/giuseppe-rossi-declares-his-love-for-milan

Do we need a better invitation to go after him? his club are the biggest problem, they will probably do as Wolfsburg did and hike up the price.

ACMILAN1983
17-06-2009, 04:08
Sorry to double post. Unfortunately I'm the bearer of bad news. Juve pushing for both Rossi and Santacroce...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/17/1329974/juventus-to-enter-negotiations-over-giuseppe-rossi-mahamadou

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/06/17/1329965/report-juventus-hope-to-include-santacroce-in-de-ceglie-to

brk
17-06-2009, 04:29
Hitman, what's your source regarding the non-EU decision?

Who's willing to bet that once the decision is finalized, (and 3 spots are agreed upon) that we would quickly announce the signings of Dzeko, Miranda and Hernanes?

mrki
17-06-2009, 04:51
Funny how you seem to know what will do Leonardo ... actually, he said in his first interview that he wanted to play with the traditionnal 4-3-1-2 formation and fullbacks who are able to go forward (and the fact that Abate comes back means the guy will probably play sometimes in the "3" midfielders and bring more offensive touch to the team ; Leonardo seems to want several solutions to make his formation and not only typical DMs+CMs for example for the midfield).



Please man realise Roanldinho cant play central AM. Milan cant paly 4-3-1-2 anymore coz we had the best central AM in Europe but we sold him. United and Barca dont play 4-3-1-2 coz they LACK CENTRAL AM, they have Messi, Ronaldo etc. Kaka' was special coz he plays in the centre and on the both out lines, which makes him cover whole widh of the field. Which Dinho cant: Dinho covers his side only.

Milan will play 4-3-3 next year you'll see. Well we had an option to play Yoan but we also sold him.

Im not complaining again Im just saying we cant play 4-3-1-2 anymore.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldnt be surprised if Galliani buys Valdes, who is just a normal GK while Barca buys Frey or somthing like that happens.

does this Miranda has EU passport?? WTF why are we even going for him when we can invest in Santactoce...ourrelations with serie a are pathetic and that is why Maldini, amongst other things, left Milan... :( **** you Galliani.

ZvonimirBoban
17-06-2009, 05:01
Get A Life Boys Kaka' Is Gone, Gone, Gone!!! No Use To Cry Over Spilt Milk!!!

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 05:11
JUve is always been after Santacroce and Rossi, but so are us.

WEll, personally, if there is one young and coming CB I want to see in MIlan is Zapata, then Santacroce. As for Rossi, well, he is the hottest player now with 2 goals.

I would not worry much about Juve's rumors.

Rick
17-06-2009, 05:27
It's funny how are Kaka's loyalty was linked with his faith. Does leaving Milan for Real made him a worse Christian? I don't think so.

I didn't say it did. I was merely responding to another post by pointing out that these days being a devout Christian and making as much money as possible are not mutually exclusive.

Anyway, it seems that Rossi has publicly declared his love for Milan:

Giuseppe Rossi: "Sono milanista da sempre, se il Milan chiama..."
17.06.2009 07.31 di Redazione TMW. articolo letto 3280 volte
Fonte: TELELOMBARDIA - www.qsvs.it

© foto di Giacomo Morini
Dopo la doppietta con la maglia azzurra Giuseppe Rossi esce allo scoperto e dichiara amore al Milan: "Sono milanista da sempre e i miei idoli erano Gullit e Van Basten. Se mi chiamasse Galliani cosa farei? Io risponderei... ciao".
Difficile però che la dirigenza rossonera, in cerca di una prima punta, possa orientarsi sul talento del Villarreal. Concreto invece l'interesse della Juve che sta pensando a uno scambio con Trezeguet

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=155949

ACMILAN1983
17-06-2009, 05:28
JUve is always been after Santacroce and Rossi, but so are us.

WEll, personally, if there is one young and coming CB I want to see in MIlan is Zapata, then Santacroce. As for Rossi, well, he is the hottest player now with 2 goals.

I would not worry much about Juve's rumors.

The thing is, our rumours are far from concrete. Juve going after Rossi has been ongoing for a while now and they want Santacroce as part of the De Ceglie deal.

Meanwhile, our links are a two line report saying we're after Rossi and the player himself again saying he's a Milan fan. As for Santacroce, there have been less than concrete rumours about us going after him over the past year.

I wouldn't mind Zapata, my only preference for Santacroce over him is that Zapata has suffered a lot of injury problems while Santacroce has played consistently. Also Santacroce is Italian, which is potentially beneficial.

btw, articles on goal.com suggest we're getting Marchetti next season (source: Milannews) and another article says we look like we could get Sneijder, Robben and Van Der Vaart from Real.

Marchetti is fine I guess, but the other three don't completely convince me. They're talented players, but I have many doubts as to whether they'll take us to the next level.

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 05:36
The thing I don't get about Juve is that, they already have Chellini and Crisito as CB, why are they still after Santacroce is beyond me. If the rumors are true about sending DeCigle to Napoli for Santacroce. Juve is quite stupid to do that, b/c they only have one good left side player left in Givinco.

As for Rossi, prior his two goals performance, there was buzz about him but not to the extend of now. I hope he does okay from now on, and Milan will grab him.

Ryo
17-06-2009, 05:36
btw, articles on goal.com suggest we're getting Marchetti next season (source: Milannews) and another article says we look like we could get Sneijder, Robben and Van Der Vaart from Real.

Marchetti is fine I guess, but the other three don't completely convince me. They're talented players, but I have many doubts as to whether they'll take us to the next level.

I don't mind the three dutchmen, they can only be better than Seedorf, Pirlo and Gattuso on a bad day. Plus, This could potentially be the quality backup we've been looking for. Like it was mentioned before, we need a competitive Squad, not just the first 11. Thats how Man U and Barca have been going at it for a while now, Chelsea at the peak of their powers was the same. It's not always about the first 11 or 14 players, we need players to step up when the injuries pile up and the going gets tough.

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 05:39
Ryo, maybe Sneijder and even VDV but not Robben.
I can see Sneijder doing well in Milan, as to me he is the best mid 20s two way midfielder in the world. He will play Seedorf's spot and can even fill in Pirlo's place.
VDV to me is a lesser version of Snejder.
As for Robben, I would rather sign Rossi instead of him.

slifersd
17-06-2009, 05:41
I wouldn't take those rumors linking Santacroce and Rossi to Juventus that seriously. Is Juventus interested in two young talented Italian players? Absolutely. Does that mean they are getting them? Probably not. The thing is, Napoli and Villareal are two second tier teams that have ambitions to stay competitive and challenge for the CL spot every year. That means, they are only going to sell their best players for an insane amount of money or else they would rather keep them around. Since CB and CF isn't exactly the two areas Juve has major holes to fill, they probably wouldn't spend a lot of money for those two guys.

GeoTav
17-06-2009, 05:43
The thing I don't get about Juve is that, they already have Chellini and Crisito as CB, why are they still after Santacroce is beyond me. If the rumors are true about sending DeCigle to Napoli for Santacroce. Juve is quite stupid to do that, b/c they only have one good left side player left in Givinco.

As for Rossi, prior his two goals performance, there was buzz about him but not to the extend of now. I hope he does okay from now on, and Milan will grab him.

For them, Criscito is a LB ...

GeoTav
17-06-2009, 05:48
Please man realise Roanldinho cant play central AM. Milan cant paly 4-3-1-2 anymore coz we had the best central AM in Europe but we sold him. United and Barca dont play 4-3-1-2 coz they LACK CENTRAL AM, they have Messi, Ronaldo etc. Kaka' was special coz he plays in the centre and on the both out lines, which makes him cover whole widh of the field. Which Dinho cant: Dinho covers his side only.

Milan will play 4-3-3 next year you'll see. Well we had an option to play Yoan but we also sold him.

Im not complaining again Im just saying we cant play 4-3-1-2 anymore.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldnt be surprised if Galliani buys Valdes, who is just a normal GK while Barca buys Frey or somthing like that happens.

does this Miranda has EU passport?? WTF why are we even going for him when we can invest in Santactoce...ourrelations with serie a are pathetic and that is why Maldini, amongst other things, left Milan... :( **** you Galliani.

Before judging that something, here the formation, can't work, let the mercato ending and let Leonardo building his team, don't you think that would be a good thing ?

What clubs do we have a bad relationship with ? Palermo ? Napoli ? It's maybe one of the keys why we don't even try to make an offer for Santacroce ?

Siregar
17-06-2009, 05:55
Is this true or only a joke?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/06/17/1330291/breaking-news-aly-cissokho-move-to-milan-may-collapse-due-to

slifersd
17-06-2009, 06:00
His teeth has problems? What the hell is this? I thought Milan was signing a soccer player who plays with his feet, not his damn teeth.

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 06:01
Before judging that something, here the formation, can't work, let the mercato ending and let Leonardo building his team, don't you think that would be a good thing ?

What clubs do we have a bad relationship with ? Palermo ? Napoli ? It's maybe one of the keys why we don't even try to make an offer for Santacroce ?

So what if we have a bad relationship with Palermo or Napoli(that I doubt as Lavessi is being link to us). I doubt clubs will not sell to Milan b/c they hate Berlu....The only club I can see that won't sell to Milan is Inter, and thats b/c they sucks and second tier to Milan.

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 06:04
His teeth has problems? What the hell is this? I thought Milan was signing a soccer player who plays with his feet, not his damn teeth.

I think thats Galli way of lowering the transfer fee from Porto.
If he pulls this off, he is indeed stuck in the 70s.

GeoTav
17-06-2009, 06:08
So what if we have a bad relationship with Palermo or Napoli(that I doubt as Lavessi is being link to us). I doubt clubs will not sell to Milan b/c they hate Berlu....The only club I can see that won't sell to Milan is Inter, and thats b/c they sucks and second tier to Milan.

I think it was the president of Palermo who said he would never negotiate with Milan, no matter the amount of money ...

The problem when you have bad relationships is that the clubs can refuse to negotiate firstly, and then they can ask for enormous amounts of money (for example, if Napoli isn't a friendly club of Milan, they can ask 30M for Santacroce to Milan and then accept offers around 15M with other clubs).

Inter and Milan showed in the past that selling some of their players to each other isn't a real problem ... the only condition when you see all the moves in the past is that the guys must not be idols and "bandiera" of their team (so you won't see Ibrahimovic moving to Milan even if Milan offers 90M and Inter would have never made an offer for Kaka and that would have been refused anyway even if they offered 90M too).

PS: When we're linked with a player, that doesn't mean there are negotiations possible between the clubs, it's just medias ... and don't forget that Lavezzi was sent everywhere in Europe in newspapers just one week ago.

slifersd
17-06-2009, 06:09
I think thats Galli way of lowering the transfer fee from Porto.
If he pulls this off, he is indeed stuck in the 70s.

Dude, I really really hope you are wrong about this one. For a team who goes around claiming to the world that they are the gentlemen of the transfar market, using a strategy this disgusting and low just to save a few bucks will make so many enemies around the world that they won't be able to pay normal price for a player again.

Kaka1899
17-06-2009, 06:11
Teeth! how can you fail a medical for having bad teeth! If we check teeth how did Dinho pass his Medicals!!

mrki
17-06-2009, 06:12
Geo I said Milan cant play 4-3-1-2 with Dinho, PAto and Cf as none of these palyers cant play central AM. That is all.


About this Cissokho thing, now really we'll be laughing stock. But lets hope its a rumor or something. After all, who needs teeth when playing? :) Except dinho :)

I forgot to tell you some news:

Nesta is in good condition, so does my collegue says. He saw it on SKY. Also one of the members in here said it in different topic I think. Nesta is working well and the operation was 100% sucsess. Some time is needed but things are looking good.

Also, calciomercato says Milan has a deal with Madrid that, if we fail to get who we want, Madrid will get us one of Robber, Sneijder etc.

If Galliani is such a great friend with Perez he needs to make some kind of loan or something. Sneijder preferably, he can play few roles and is a class palyer.

Also, Ribery should be payed 55mln+a player, which means Kaka' was cheeper then Ribery and C.Ronaldo??

guestes
17-06-2009, 06:14
Milan are chasing Van De Vart, Robben for winger positions?

Milan Keen On Real Madrid's Trio Of Sneijder, Van der Vaart & Robben – Report
The Rossoneri are expecting Perez to return the Kaka favour by allowing Milan some leeway for a number of players...
17 Jun 2009 09:55:02

Milan are ready to show their hand to Real Madrid for Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder and Rafael van der Vaart, according to Il Corriere Dello Sport.

It is reported that Florentino Perez owes Milan chief Adriano Galliani a favour following the Kaka deal between the clubs, which saw the Brazilian move to the Bernabeu as Perez's first signing of the new Galactico era. The Rossoneri are now looking for some strong wingers to fit new coach Leonardo's proposed 4-3-3 tactical system and Perez may be able to help.

Reports in Spain have suggested up to nine players will be shown the door by Perez, and Milan are keen on the Dutch gang. Robben is admired by Leonardo, who wants a skilful wide man to supply pace and crosses from the left, and fellow Netherlands internationals Sneijder and Van der Vaart are also considered options for the San Siro side.

Galliani is a good friend of Perez, and whispers claim the men have an agreement in place in order to trade players that interest Milan.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

GeoTav
17-06-2009, 06:14
What I don't understand is that a teeth problem can be resolved in some days/weeks, especially when you're a professionnal football player in Milan (the club can pay or the player can pay, what's the problem ? It's not like they don't have enough money to resolve his teeth problems ? :D).

Kaka1899
17-06-2009, 06:16
i thought Cissokho is a footballer not a race horse!

ACMILAN1983
17-06-2009, 06:21
The thing I don't get about Juve is that, they already have Chellini and Crisito as CB, why are they still after Santacroce is beyond me. If the rumors are true about sending DeCigle to Napoli for Santacroce. Juve is quite stupid to do that, b/c they only have one good left side player left in Givinco.

As for Rossi, prior his two goals performance, there was buzz about him but not to the extend of now. I hope he does okay from now on, and Milan will grab him.

I don't really know what Juve intend to do. Let's not forget they already got Cannavaro too.

I've been following for around 4 years (since he went to Man Utd) and been suggesting we should consider him for the last two. Now I think he's getting a lot of hype because he's on the verge of breaking through at an International level with the Confederations Cup as his platform. If we're to get him, now is the time, because afterwards his price will skyrocket.

Edit: Forgot to add. Bad news all around today it seems. Rino and Pirlo again have suggested the possibility of moving to England and this failed medical due to bad teeth is just taking the piss...I mean WTF, how can anyone fail a medical due to their teeth?

guestes
17-06-2009, 06:24
Lets just forget about poor Cissoko for a while....

Here is further reports linking Rino to Chelsea. Losing Rino would be losing the only true remaining symbol of Milan, after Maldini and Kaka left:

Milan Icon Gennaro Gattuso Open To Chelsea Move
‘Ringhio’ says it would be hard to leave the Rossoneri, but the Premier League suits his style and Ancelotti is like a second father…
17 Jun 2009 11:27:40


Carlo Ancelotti has left Milan after eight successful years in charge and migrated to England to embark on a new adventure at Chelsea.

The arrival of the Italian tactician at the west London club has prompted speculation that a number of Rossoneri men might follow him to Stamford Bridge. And combative midfielder Gennaro Gattuso definitely fits the bill…

“I like the Premier League. It’s the best league for me, for my characteristics,” Gattuso confessed to the Daily Mirror.

“I don’t know what will happen. I have been at Milan a long time and it’s not easy to go away, but we’ll have to see.

“Chelsea are a big, big team but working with Ancelotti is a good feeling. We have worked together for eight years and he is like a second father to me. He is a great person, and a great manager.”

Gattuso has been at Milan for 10 years and president Silvio Berlusconi has expressed his desire to see the Italy international take over the captain’s armband from legendary defender Paolo Maldini.

Chelsea have also been linked with moves for Milan's Dutch midfielder Clarence Seedorf, Brazilian starlet Alexandre Pato and Italy playmaker Andrea Pirlo, with the latter being particularly vague about his future at San Siro.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com


Carlo, take Seedorf, but hands away from Gatusso, unless of course he really wants to leave!

Rick
17-06-2009, 06:36
Milan are chasing Van De Vart, Robben for winger positions?

Milan Keen On Real Madrid's Trio Of Sneijder, Van der Vaart & Robben – Report
The Rossoneri are expecting Perez to return the Kaka favour by allowing Milan some leeway for a number of players...
17 Jun 2009 09:55:02

Milan are ready to show their hand to Real Madrid for Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder and Rafael van der Vaart, according to Il Corriere Dello Sport.

It is reported that Florentino Perez owes Milan chief Adriano Galliani a favour following the Kaka deal between the clubs, which saw the Brazilian move to the Bernabeu as Perez's first signing of the new Galactico era. The Rossoneri are now looking for some strong wingers to fit new coach Leonardo's proposed 4-3-3 tactical system and Perez may be able to help.

Reports in Spain have suggested up to nine players will be shown the door by Perez, and Milan are keen on the Dutch gang. Robben is admired by Leonardo, who wants a skilful wide man to supply pace and crosses from the left, and fellow Netherlands internationals Sneijder and Van der Vaart are also considered options for the San Siro side.

Galliani is a good friend of Perez, and whispers claim the men have an agreement in place in order to trade players that interest Milan.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

Whether or not there's any truth to this, I don't know. But if it is true it seems that Galliani was doing exactly what I said he should have been doing during the Kaka negotiation. On the other hand, it could just as easily be that the same thought occurred to the guy who wrote the article and he decided to think out loud in print. Only time will tell.

As for the Cissokho thing, that makes absolutely no sense at all. Hell, we could pull his teeth out and give him false ones if it became that much of a problem!

And as for Gattuso, it would be difficult personally for me to see him leave as he's been one of my personal favorites all these years, but again we're talking about a player who is on the downside of his career and is coming off a long-term injury. I'm sure he'll still be terrific for a couple of years, but if Chelsea were to be willing to seriously overpay for him I think letting him go (if that's what he wants) would be a good idea. Flamini can fill that spot and more money would be available to revamp the squad.

ThrusT
17-06-2009, 06:43
Teeth problems cause muscle injuries guys... It has noting to do with bad looking teeth.
It's not a bargaining trick, it's a serious issue.

Milan lab hasn't lost all its fame you know, we still have the most advanced technologies in football.

ACMILAN1983
17-06-2009, 06:53
Teeth problems cause muscle injuries guys... It has noting to do with bad looking teeth.
It's not a bargaining trick, it's a serious issue.

Milan lab hasn't lost all its fame you know, we still have the most advanced technologies in football.

I think Van Persie apparently had injury problems due to wisdom teeth, but surely teeth problems can be dealt with fairly easily and quickly.

EDIT: Decided to have a look online to find out potential issues. This might help...

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/html/health_news/170205gumdiseaseheart.html

ginoformaggino
17-06-2009, 07:15
25 players, this is the maximum number of players for the primera teams (here's the reason why Real must sell at least 10 players before of the end of the market; Drenthe Diarra Snejder 'swarowsky Robben' and Huntelar would be to watch and even fantastic to buy at a cheap price).
It has been incredibly good if Lavezzi arrived for R80.
uh, while I have a bad toothache, Federal council is started at 13.00 they will discuss about the number of the extraEU players per year. (http://www.calciopress.net/news/124/ARTICLE/6741/2009-06-17.html - point 9)

MiamiMilanista
17-06-2009, 07:33
Teeth! how can you fail a medical for having bad teeth! If we check teeth how did Dinho pass his Medicals!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....brilliant!!

MiamiMilanista
17-06-2009, 07:42
Wolfsburg has pretty much told us to piss off. Time to line up our next option:

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=8301

Warro Bantan
17-06-2009, 07:46
You guys have me reading goal.crap, and amidst the refuse, I found this article:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2009/06/17/1330463/goalcom-summer-shopping-who-should-milan-buy

An interesting point was made about Rosina...I think he is an excellent player, and should be available relatively inexpensively, since his team was relegated.

We cannot rely on R80 to be fit for the whole season, so who do we have as his back up? Rosina could be the perfect candidate..(Rossi as well, but I have seen Rosina more than I have the diminutive Italian-American)

On the potentially failed medical...let me tell you: Teeth are quite important to the bodies overall health...and is no laughing matter.

I am sure this was unexpected, and not, (as has been claimed in this thread) that its some sort of negotiating tactic by Milan...

The fee was already agreed...I see no real reason for us to back out now...unless Danni Alves has indicated he wants Milan, or will go on strike at Barca....:dontkn:

Christian
17-06-2009, 07:49
Haha, the comments on goal.com are priceless...

"His teeth? Are you kidding me? Send him to England, no one will ever notice."

"Bad Teeth? OMG whats the guy gonna spoil the team photo??"

"oh my god all of that just because he has a bad tooth so are milan that deep into debt they cant afford his dental insurance ??????????????????????????????"

drucurl
17-06-2009, 07:56
Lol after we signed the tooth fiary (dinho) looks like we can't get sabertooth (aly) :stupid: Of course old uncle dru would have gone for a proven wc superstar lb and not some guy who played 6 months in portugal but heyyy we're broke right? Now Dzeko seems to be staying in ze league where he played his phenomenal ONE reason. But don't worry guys with a couple over inflated offers we'll see the gold letters of serieA's surviving golden ball winners (pavel and luis) on milan.com :proud: don't forget Toni wouldn't want to forget the guy that makes Gila look like ronaldo

jakob8543
17-06-2009, 07:59
And as for Gattuso, it would be difficult personally for me to see him leave as he's been one of my personal favorites all these years, but again we're talking about a player who is on the downside of his career and is coming off a long-term injury. I'm sure he'll still be terrific for a couple of years, but if Chelsea were to be willing to seriously overpay for him I think letting him go (if that's what he wants) would be a good idea. Flamini can fill that spot and more money would be available to revamp the squad.

I'd rather see Gattuso leave than, say, Pirlo. I imagine a player like Gattuso will deteriorate quite dramatically when his legs start getting old and tired since his game is all about running around the pitch like a mad man.

Warro Bantan
17-06-2009, 08:02
Lol after we signed the tooth fiary (dinho) looks like we can't get sabertooth (aly) :stupid: Of course old uncle dru would have gone for a proven wc superstar lb and not some guy who played 6 months in portugal but heyyy we're broke right? Now Dzeko seems to be staying in ze league where he played his phenomenal ONE reason. But don't worry guys with a couple over inflated offers we'll see the gold letters of serieA's surviving golden ball winners (pavel and luis) on milan.com :proud: don't forget Toni wouldn't want to forget the guy that makes Gila look like ronaldo Another dru classic!!!

Thanks for making me smile this am druster!:D

Rick
17-06-2009, 08:24
Okay, here's a new article regarding Cissokho and I can't quite understand what it's saying. It seems to be saying something about somebody telling somebody else not to be concerned about the teeth problem -- or something like that.

Italian speakers?......

MILANO, 17 giugno - C’è un po’ di tensione in via Turati. Il problema è legato alle visite mediche di Aly Cissokho, terzino sinistro del Porto acquistato per 15 milioni dal Milan. Il franco-maliano, definito da Galliani «il miglior terzino d’Europa», è sottoposto proprio in questi minuti a una visita supplementare ai denti dal responsabile di Milan Lab, Jean Pierre Meersseman. All’esito di questo nuovo controllo è legata la firma del giocatore sul contratto quinquennale a un milione di euro a stagione.

Il procuratore del giocatore, Roger Boli, fratello dell’ex giocatore Basile, è in attesa di una convocazione da parte di Galliani. Poco fa, nella hall dell’hotel Hilton, uno degli alberghi milanesi dove da sempre si svolgono trattative di mercato, Boli ha detto di non essere preoccupato: «Aly sta facendo delle visite mediche. E’ normale che una società voglia sottoporre a controlli meticolosi un giocatore da tesserare. Ma credo proprio non ci siano problemi. Intorno alle 16 incontrerò Cissokho».

ROTTURA CON AMBROSINI - Nessun accordo nemmeno per Ambrosini, in scadenza di contratto nel 2010. E' appena terminato l'incontro con il procuratore Moreno Roggi, la riunione non ha portato al rinnovo, desiderato dal giocatore che, secondo le regole di Milanello, dovrebbe essere l’erede di Maldini come capitano del Milan.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/71980/Milan%2C+Cissokho+a+rischio.+Ambrosini+in+stand-by

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2009, 08:32
Pirlo: I have been at Milan a long time, so maybe it's time for a change.

goal.com

Honestly, I can't stand Pirlo's attitude now. Why doesn't he just get lost?

If we do sell him to Chelsea, then why not ask for Boswinga or Drogba? I know Drogba would be a short-term solution but we should ask for cash + Drogba. I still think he can give us 2 quality seasons.

Or we could sell him for cash, and go for Rossi. Different positions, and it would leave us short of creativity in the middle, so we should then sign Rosina. All these purchases are realistic!

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2009, 08:34
Okay, here's a new article regarding Cissokho and I can't quite understand what it's saying. It seems to be saying something about somebody telling somebody else not to be concerned about the teeth problem -- or something like that.

Italian speakers?......



http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/71980/Milan%2C+Cissokho+a+rischio.+Ambrosini+in+stand-by

The player's brother-agent says that there should be no problems, and they are still conducting tests. Also, he adds that it is normal that tests will be conducted carefully, and that they will all meet again at 4 pm.

Rick
17-06-2009, 08:52
The player's brother-agent says that there should be no problems, and they are still conducting tests. Also, he adds that it is normal that tests will be conducted carefully, and that they will all meet again at 4 pm.

Thanks! I knew it was something like that, but I just couldn't quite understand even with the translator.

Pirlo: I have been at Milan a long time, so maybe it's time for a change.

goal.com

Honestly, I can't stand Pirlo's attitude now. Why doesn't he just get lost?

If we do sell him to Chelsea, then why not ask for Boswinga or Drogba? I know Drogba would be a short-term solution but we should ask for cash + Drogba. I still think he can give us 2 quality seasons.

Or we could sell him for cash, and go for Rossi. Different positions, and it would leave us short of creativity in the middle, so we should then sign Rosina. All these purchases are realistic!

I'm okay with selling anybody who wants to go, including Pirlo. He was impressive against the U.S. yesterday, which gives me hope for a good season, but that also might make the folks above Carlo that much more amenable to taking him to Chelsea. And they have quite a number of players who might be valuable in return in addition to Bosingwa and Drogba (Essien, Malouda, Carvalho if he's not dead set on Inter, etc.).

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2009, 08:53
Gattuso's agent just said that he will remain at Milan for life, and the publication misinterpreted his words.

tuttmercato

Christian
17-06-2009, 08:54
Well according to Ascoli's club medic, it probably isn't all that bad regarding Aly's teeth.

From goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2009/06/17/1330595/exclusive-medical-expert-gives-views-on-aly-cissokhos-teeth)

Medical expert and Ascoli club medic Renzo Mandozzi has told Goal.com what he feels could be the medical reasons behind the delay in Aly Cissokho's proposed move from Porto to AC Milan.

A problem with the players teeth has caused the deal to go downhill and there were fears it would collapse after Milan ordered the player to have another medical. Cissokho had the final examination this afternoon and the player's entourage are currently locked in talks with the Rossoneri in an attempt to salvage the deal.

Goal.com's Italian bureau called doctor Mandozzi who has over 27 years of experience dealing with player medicals and he has exclusively given his take on what Cissokho's problem could be.

"In 27 years as a medic, I have never had to refuse a transfer as a result of problems related to teeth," Mandozzi told Daniele Perticari of Goal.com Italia.

"There could be two problems here. The first may be linked to the presence of granulomas which could affect human muscle or the heart.

"The second could be an orthodontic defect which can be solved with the use of a brace. Both problems can be cured with the right medical treatment.

"As far as I am aware I have never come across a disease which would make an athlete an illegible player, but I am speaking in general terms.

"If a club buys a player it's because they believe in him. Usually teething problems are dealt with easily by treatment."

The Rossoneri are likely to make one final decision over the player later today after doctor Jean-Pierre Meersseman presents his results to the player's entourage and Adriano Galliani, who are all currently locked in talks at the club's HQ in Via Turati.

Daniele Perticari, Goal.com

Milan_Kaka
17-06-2009, 08:55
"what ? I thought milan brought him to play football not to EAT FOOD !"

goal.com

hahahahhahaahahhahaha

drucurl
17-06-2009, 08:59
People are getting mad at kaka, ancelotti, pirlo, pato and now gattuso. Isn't something wrong with this. These are the people who have given us ALL our recent success. The attitude shouldn't be to shun or castigate them and proclaim that we'll support milan even he they were run by al queda. We should try to understand why they no longer feel attached. before it was 'those gloryhunting brazilians' now the italians are following ancelotti (by the way he seems set to finally get ribery after years of begging berlu). Now if only ronaldinho didn't eat the whole crate of bananas we'd still be able to pay ibrahim ba's wages on a free transfer :respect:

M.O.I.
17-06-2009, 09:02
maldini left and he doesnt want to be a member of this club anymore..
kaka left..
pirlo wants to leave
rino wants to leave
pato wants to leave

its impossible they re all traidors,sth is really wrong you can feel it in the air..

villa=50mil
ribery=55mil(or more)
ronaldo=94mil

and kaka=64???its so hilarious..

SILVIO SELL THE CLUB

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2009, 09:06
People are getting mad at kaka, ancelotti, pirlo, pato and now gattuso. Isn't something wrong with this. These are the people who have given us ALL our recent success. The attitude shouldn't be to shun or castigate them and proclaim that we'll support milan even he they were run by al queda. We should try to understand why they no longer feel attached. before it was 'those gloryhunting brazilians' now the italians are following ancelotti (by the way he seems set to finally get ribery after years of begging berlu). Now if only ronaldinho didn't eat the whole crate of bananas we'd still be able to pay ibrahim ba's wages on a free transfer :respect:


I know what you're saying man. By the way Gattuso's comments were misinterpreted according to his agent.

The club seems to be going through an upheaval after many years. There is a new coach, who seems to have new ideas, or so we hope. I think a lot of the veterans, who were nurtured by Ancelotti, feel apprehensive as to what the future holds for them. Pirlo is 30 now, and probably has 2 years left at the top. Ancelotti knows him as a player, and he probably wants to enjoy his two years.

However, what Pirlo has to realize is that at 30 he is also a leader for the Milan team. As such, he has to act a little more professionally. Granted integrity is at a premium in Milanello (after all, we're run by a xenophobic, philandering crook). Dithering in public is pathetic in my opinion.

The only good thing out of this is that Berlusconi looks like an idiot, which I love seeing. Frankly I can't tolerate the man and his corruption. Hopefully, all this humiliation forces him to sell.

Warro Bantan
17-06-2009, 09:19
...The only good thing out of this is that Berlusconi looks like an idiot, which I love seeing. Frankly I can't tolerate the man and his corruption. Hopefully, all this humiliation forces him to sell. I am with you on this one to an extent, which is that if he does indeed sell, that he sells to a person/group with passion for the club Milan, a genuine "fan", and not an entity concerned with only what the "brand" can do for their pockets/prestige.

This "Aly-teeth" argument is just :haha: by the way.

drucurl
17-06-2009, 09:29
All the hate driven theories about carlo are falling as well. Carlo is after YOUNG players. Carlo is looking for wingers. Pato-whose career was being 'destroyed' wants to play for him. Kaka who was supposedly frustrated by the coach- reveals that were it not for carlo he might have left earlier...but hey carlo (and anyone who has a tv) thought that it was better to start kaka than ronaldinho since the former works for the team while the latter is eyeing a starring role in the new 'ice age' movie as the sloth.

gregorio
17-06-2009, 09:33
BREAKING NEWS: Cissokho's Move To AC Milan Collapses

The Porto player will not be moving to the San Siro, according to the latest reports...

Source: Goal.com

Reza
17-06-2009, 09:34
dru, Carlo did nothing in his tactics and squad selection to show he likes young players. If he had not played Kaka or Pato, the examples you mentioned, then he would have been fired, has nothing to do with the age when you are that good a player. It's giving chances to more that is the issue.
And so far as players liking him, no one ever has claimed otherwise, he is the perfect player's coach and that doesn't preclude younger players liking him either.

Acmir^
17-06-2009, 09:34
i thought Cissokho is a footballer not a race horse!


Well, he runs like a horse so probably they mixed him up with one.:grinser:

Kaka1899
17-06-2009, 09:36
upon reading more about the teeth issue it can be quite serious, causing heart attacks for example. looks like the deal has fallen through, so who was plan B?

Acmir^
17-06-2009, 09:40
BREAKING NEWS: Cissokho's Move To AC Milan Collapses

The Porto player will not be moving to the San Siro, according to the latest reports...

Source: Goal.com


If this is true then i don't know what to say, we really are a laughing stock. So embarrassing, how can he play in Porto without problems and he can't play for Milan? There's nothing logical in this, they can fix his teeth by the start of the season, i don't see what's the problem.

kastriot
17-06-2009, 09:40
upon reading more about the teeth issue it can be quite serious, causing heart attacks for example. looks like the deal has fallen through, so who was plan B?

You seriously think we have plan B..

Reza
17-06-2009, 09:42
Why embarrassing to us? If we find an undiscovered condition for example, it happens everyday in the world, new doctor, new tests, etc.
The only thing this is is his health and we not taking chances.

Kaka1899
17-06-2009, 09:42
no i didnt honestly think we did but i wonder if the Eboue rumour could become true now!?

ZvonimirBoban
17-06-2009, 09:42
I'll hang myself. Enough, Milan!

Christian
17-06-2009, 09:44
If this is true then i don't know what to say, we really are a laughing stock. So embarrassing, how can he play in Porto without problems and he can't play for Milan? There's nothing logical in this, they can fix his teeth by the start of the season, i don't see what's the problem.

What are you talking about??? You know what would have made us a laughing stock? Buying Cissokho and then have him declared football disabelled.

Acmir^
17-06-2009, 09:46
Why embarrassing to us? If we find an undiscovered condition for example, it happens everyday in the world, new doctor, new tests, etc.
The only thing this is is his health and we not taking chances.


Well he played in Porto, how did they not find something wrong with him, i'm no dentist but i haven't heard about some incurable dental problem, but who knows we're special in everything.

spina_don
17-06-2009, 09:47
Hold ur horses guys...MILAN NEWS stated that he has a problem with his wisdom teeth and isn't considered a serious case..He's on vacation in Senegal and should return early next month..

Kaka1899
17-06-2009, 09:49
Hold ur horses guys...MILAN NEWS stated that he has a problem with his wisdom teeth and isn't considered a serious case..He's on vacation in Senegal and should return early next month..

well who was having the medical tests yesterday and today if it wasnt Cissokho?

ACMILAN1983
17-06-2009, 09:50
maldini left and he doesnt want to be a member of this club anymore..
kaka left..
pirlo wants to leave
rino wants to leave
pato wants to leave

its impossible they re all traidors,sth is really wrong you can feel it in the air..

Maldini hasn't said he doesn't want to be a part of the club anymore. In fact, he's said he's most likely to stay with Milan forever. Kaka leaving is shrouded in all sorts of mystery, but I don't think him leaving was actually to do with problems within the club (other than maybe financial).

Pirlo and Gattuso I think both need to speak with the club, same with Ambro who is already booked to do so. I think both will remain and I'm not worried about their comments. Both probably want and need assurances on the next season, as both will aim for WC2010. Pato was spoken to obviously which explains his latest comments, but I doubt Pirlo and Rino have had any calls.

It seems Antonini may leave too, which would be a shame as I'd rather have him than Oddo, but it sounds like he had a meeting with some of the directors and didn't leave looking too happy.

I was reading the article Warro was looking at earlier about summer buys and it says Santacroce has admitted to admiring Milan. If that's the case, we've got 3 great players in Dzeko, Rossi and Santacroce wanting to play for us. I just hope Galliani and co act on it.

spina_don
17-06-2009, 09:51
well who was having the medical tests yesterday and today if it wasnt Cissokho?

He left after the medical tests

spina_don
17-06-2009, 09:54
Apparently we didn't have an agreement with Ambrosini either

Kaka1899
17-06-2009, 09:54
He left after the medical tests

Touché :D :pp20:

brk
17-06-2009, 10:07
I swear if Cissokho ends up being a Milan player, we have to ban goal.com articles from ever being sourced. I know people have said this in the past, but this is too much for me. It's not funny.

I hope things turn out for the best.

Ceceves
17-06-2009, 10:14
According to goal.com Juve are in negotiations with Villarreal regarding Giuseppe Rossi...

This is turning out to be a great day*...

*sarcasm

brk
17-06-2009, 10:17
Apparently, Milan are trying to lower the Cissokho price, or at least attach a clause where a penalty would be incurred on Porto should a serious injury befall the player.

Luvly.


source: MilanNews.it

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2009, 10:17
According to goal.com Juve are in negotiations with Villarreal regarding Giuseppe Rossi...

This is turning out to be a great day*...

*sarcasm

According to other sources like calciomercato as well.

M.O.I.
17-06-2009, 10:29
Not only rossi but santacrocce too..(juve news)


goal.com

Goal.com Summer Shopping: Who Should Milan Buy?


The 2008/09 season proved to be a trophyless one for Milan, as they finished third in Serie A, reached the last 32 of the UEFA Cup, and were knocked out of the Coppa Italia in the last 16.

Having not won Serie A for five years, and the Champions League for two, a summer revolution could be in place to ensure that Milan win a major title next term. Leonardo has replaced Chelsea-bound Carlo Ancelotti as coach, but the biggest news was the sale of star man Kaka for a whopping €67 million. Milan have already used some of this money to virtually sign Porto left-back Aly Cissokho, but at the time of writing there is a hitch with his medical.

After an explosive start to the summer transfer season, Carlo Garganese looks at what extra additions should be made to give Milan the best chance of succeeding in 2009/10.

Preferred Line-Up (4-3-1-2)

Abbiati

Zambrotta Nesta Thiago Silva Cissokho

Flamini Pirlo Felipe Melo

Rossi

Dzeko Pato

Subs: Dida, Santacroce, Panucci, Darmian, Bonera, Kaladze, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Rosina, Borriello, Inzaghi

IN (6):

Fabiano Santacroce (Napoli): ‘Emperor Nero’ has had a troubled 2008-09 season on-and-off the pitch, and was even left out of Italy’s European Under-21 Championships squad, but his ability and potential is not in doubt, and he is regarded by many as the peninsula’s most promising young defender. Santacroce has never hidden his admiration for Milan, and he would be able to play in both the centre and on the right.

Christian Panucci (Roma): Panucci’s contract with Roma runs out this summer, and he is almost certain to leave now that coach Luciano Spalletti is staying. Available on a free transfer, Panucci would be a valuable, experienced defender to have in your squad. Before Milan sign him though, they should receive guarantees from the 36-year-old that he does not expect to play every game. A one-year rolling contract would suit both parties.

Felipe Melo (Fiorentina): Arguably the best all-round midfielder in Serie A last season, Felipe Melo is just the kind of complete central midfielder the Rossoneri need. Aside from his class on the ball going forward, the Brazilian also cuts an impressive physical figure, and he would help toughen up the core, allowing Andrea Pirlo to work his magic. At the age of 25, Felipe Melo is at the perfect age. He is also the right nationality.

Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal): The whole of Italy is talking about Rossi following his heroics against the United States in the Confederations Cup, and the Villarreal starlet has now staked his claim as the Azzurri’s brightest hope for the future. It is only a matter of time until the 22-year-old returns to Serie A, and Milan are one of only three clubs who can realistically afford him. The Rossoneri would have to spend almost half the money they received for Kaka, but he would be the perfect replacement in the ‘hole’.

Alessandro Rosina (Torino): Rosina is a player just waiting to explode, but unfortunately he has spent the early years of his career at clubs not worthy of his talent. Following Torino’s relegation, it is inconceivable that Rosina could play in Serie B, and the player should be available at a cut-price. A perfect alternative to Rossi as the trequartista, or even in the support striker role.

Edin Dzeko (Wolfsburg): The revelation of European football during the 2009 calendar year, it is no secret that Milan want to sign Dzeko. The Bosnian is the complete frontman, with pace, skill, strength, vision and aerial ability among his many impressive attributes. Providing he settles in Italy, he will surely be a major hit in the fashion capital.

OUT (7):

Zeljko Kalac – The veteran is a disaster waiting to happen every time he pulls on the gloves.

Marco Storari – The 32-year-old will either be third choice or he will be sent on his way again.

Massimo Oddo – Will return from his loan spell at Bayern Munich, but is way past his best, and should be sold-on immediately.

Digao – Now that his brother Kaka has gone, there is no reason to keep Digao in Milan.

Giuseppe Favalli – Time for Favalli to retire

Luca Antonini – Could be on his way to newly-promoted Parma

Marek Jankulovski – The Czech Republic wing-back’s legs are starting to go, but his reputation could still see Milan fetch a useful €8m or so.

Ronaldinho – There are widespread reports that Ronaldinho could receive a new lease of life under Leonardo, but if I was coach I wouldn’t take this risk. A Premier League club, like Manchester City, would be prepared to shell out €25m for Ronnie, knowing that they will recoup it on shirt sales, and this money could then be used to invest in guaranteed younger talents like Felipe Melo and Giuseppe Rossi.

Out On Loan: Mattias Cardacio, Tabare Viudez, Willy Aubameyang

Delay Co-ownership Decision: Ignazio Abate, Alberto Paloschi


this is interesting..

Rick
17-06-2009, 10:31
According to other sources like calciomercato as well.

Yes, I posted something earlier (in Italian) about Rossi publicly declaring his love for Milan and saying he would come if the phone rang (or something like that), but it also said something about him being willing to move to Juve if they were the ones who showed interest in him. Something to that effect.

brk
17-06-2009, 10:49
As long as the club has faith in R80, I don't see us moving for Rossi. From Berlusconi's comments, I seriously doubt that he would spend 20+ million on Rossi only for him to squeeze R80 out of the side. This just won't happen.

I'm really hoping all this nonsense about Aly is sorted out soon. We need him, and there isn't anyone near as good as him on the market. Dzeko too. They're critical for our future.

MiamiMilanista
17-06-2009, 10:51
As long as the club has faith in R80, I don't see us moving for Rossi. From Berlusconi's comments, I seriously doubt that he would spend 20+ million on Rossi only for him to squeeze R80 out of the side. This just won't happen.

I'm really hoping all this nonsense about Aly is sorted out soon. We need him, and there isn't anyone near as good as him on the market. Dzeko too. They're critical for our future.

I think Wolfsburg killed the deal this morning. We may need to move on to other options...

Rick
17-06-2009, 10:57
I think Wolfsburg killed the deal this morning. We may need to move on to other options...

I've seen conflicting things about that today too. I also read that they were lining up replacements from a list of four (including Vagner Love) and would wait for Dzeko to speak with the new coach before making a firm decision, but they indicated that although they want to keep him they would ultimately respect the player's wishes if they can't convince him to stay. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose, because you can't trust the European football media.

MiamiMilanista
17-06-2009, 11:02
I've seen conflicting things about that today too. I also read that they were lining up replacements from a list of four (including Vagner Love) and would wait for Dzeko to speak with the new coach before making a firm decision, but they indicated that although they want to keep him they would ultimately respect the player's wishes if they can't convince him to stay. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose, because you can't trust the European football media.

Oh please lord no for Vagner Love... I hope it was a joke for an article!!

zafrul
17-06-2009, 11:27
Oh please lord no for Vagner Love... I hope it was a joke for an article!!

I think it's Wolfsburg who's lining up Love and three others in the event Dzeko decided to come to Milan...

Basically, they want to line up a replacement before releasing him...

Rick
17-06-2009, 11:32
Oh please lord no for Vagner Love... I hope it was a joke for an article!!

Ha! Sorry, I was meaning that Wolfsburg was said to be lining up four possible replacements for Dzeko, including Vagner Love, if Dzeko moved to Milan. Sorry I wasn't clear!

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2009, 11:53
Juventus are conducting an excellent transfer campaign. I hope they get Rossi because Italians should play in Serie A.

How I wish we were after Rossi.

honsano
17-06-2009, 12:22
Yeah the teeth are actually no joking matter. He could have the granulomas which can spread and damage his muscle. Also he could have problems which make him more susceptible to infections. Often times these can go to the brain (worse case) or even the heart. The ones to the heart though not as bad as the brain could lead to heart problems like irregular beats. Something you relaly don't want in an athelete. Im only a medical student so as I have not been practicing medicine yet, this is what I've learned. I suspect we are just using it to lower the price though. (btw my mom has a problem with her teeth which can cause infections and so she has to take antibiotics randomly when she gets her teeth cleaned and such to prevent infection).

Why do you guys love Rossi so much? This guy physically couldn't handle Seria A. He had to leave England, albeit he was too young to really judge, to go to Spain to thrive. He'll get eaten alive by Italian defenses. They'll mark him out games.

This is really exciting about all this movement though, both Milan and Juve. Though I'm a Milan supporter through and through, it is time Seria A regains credibility and can compete with other top European clubs. I don't like the idea of our league slipping against Spain and England. Though I prefer Milan to come out the strongest, which they probably will, I want Italy as a whole to be stronger too.

I am so excited about htis transfer window though. It's like a video game. we get to pick and choose sooooo many players for our starting eleven. At first I was upset about the Kaka transfer, but it just opens up so much more for our team. It forces management to invest which is very exciting.

boring
17-06-2009, 12:24
Why are Juventus always buying or chasing strikers? Their midfield is old and crap and so is their defense and they want more attackers? Well I think we should go in for Giovinco if Rossi actually comes to Juve.

Please no one quote goal.com unless the headline says "OFFICIAL".

In other news, Drogba and Bosingwa have been suspended for next season's Champions League Group stages. Woohoo!. A**holes be damned.

@honsano

I think people love Rossi so mcuh because he's been brilliant for both country and club for the past year. He's among the best strikers in La Liga (and that league has one hell of a collection of strikers). Also because Villareal is a club that "scores more than it concedes" and Rossi deserves credit for being able to keep that philosophy floating. Hope that clears it.

Rick
17-06-2009, 12:30
Cissokho-Milan? Problema risolvibile

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/calcio/2009/06/17-12925/«Cissokho-Milan%3F+Problema+risolvibile»

The headline says "Cissokho-Milan? Problem Solved." There's a video at the link. I didn't even bother turning my sound up because I assume it's in Italian. :D

boring
17-06-2009, 12:31
So the transfer is on?

Nalx
17-06-2009, 12:32
Why are Juventus always buying or chasing strikers? Their midfield is old and crap and so is their defense and they want more attackers? Well I think we should go in for Giovinco if Rossi actually comes to Juve.

Why should we even care if they're chasing strikers? Let them do that. Besides, if it does turn out bad, that means good thing for us.

In other news, Drogba and Bosingwa have been suspended for next season's Champions League Group stages. Woohoo!. A**holes be damned.


Fully agreed. Just do your job Didier, and leave the F word for the fans :w200:

Rick
17-06-2009, 12:33
Why do you guys love Rossi so much? This guy physically couldn't handle Seria A. He had to leave England, albeit he was too young to really judge, to go to Spain to thrive. He'll get eaten alive by Italian defenses. They'll mark him out games.



Rossi has always had first class ability. He's just now coming into his own. He will be a brilliant player in any league. From a personal standpoint, I like him also because he's Italian-American, but the reason I would like to see him at Milan is because he has had the club in his heart since he can remember and he will be one of the future great Italian stars.

Rick
17-06-2009, 12:34
So the transfer is on?

It seems so from the headline, but I don't know what it says on the video. Hopefully one of our Italian speakers can listen and fill us in.

rinogattuso
17-06-2009, 12:39
Messerman:I can not say anything at the moment, we're talking about now, its problem is solved but I do not know if it will come to Milan. "

boring
17-06-2009, 12:41
Why should we even care if they're chasing strikers? Let them do that. Besides, if it does turn out bad, that means good thing for us.

I do want Serie A to become better and come to the same level the other two are at and that means all clubs improving not just our own.

But mainly it's because I'm just very fascinated about how poorly that club is run and how idiots are incharge of such a huge project.

Nalx
17-06-2009, 12:42
who is merseeman talking about? aly?

if it's solved, then how come he doesn't seem to be sure of aly's arrival anyway?

Nalx
17-06-2009, 12:46
I do want Serie A to become better and come to the same level the other two are at and that means all clubs improving not just our own.

But mainly it's because I'm just very fascinated about how poorly that club is run and how idiots are incharge of such a huge project.

Ah, let us worry about the neighbor's lawn some other time, bro. Besides our very own house is far from being completed yet

jvig12183
17-06-2009, 12:50
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazzetta.it%2FCalcio%2FSerieA%2FMilan%2F17-06-2009%2Fnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-50543399832.shtml&sl=it&tl=en&history_state0=

this is a translation from gazzetta... basically saying his second visit with the medical staff went well and is in a pre-contract with Milan (i dont know understand why it's a pre-contract if the medical went well and all the parties have agreed). cissokho is going on vacation in senegal now but it looks like everything is resolved.

im confident he'll be starting in our defense next season

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2009, 13:13
milannews is saying that Porto may give us a 5 mill discount.

Filipéz 182
17-06-2009, 13:21
Why do you guys love Rossi so much? This guy physically couldn't handle Seria A. He had to leave England, albeit he was too young to really judge, to go to Spain to thrive. He'll get eaten alive by Italian defenses. They'll mark him out games.



this is Bullsh*t!!

Couldnt handle serie A? WTF are you talking about. He left Parma when he was 15-16! he only played half a year in serie A few years later, and he saved parma from relegation with 9 goals! he was a big hit for parma in serie A!

In Manchester he was known as 'the most natural finisher' in the team, and that was the time theyve had van nistelrooy! the kid is a very good goalscorer and he is also well respected in england!!

And in Spain finally he is considered as indispensible for villareal, but it seems now that he wants to leave for an italian team, milan his favourite!

Warro Bantan
17-06-2009, 13:21
Who says Uncle Fester doesnt know what he´s doing?

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2009, 13:24
Well to be fair, there was no way he could have done anything about this.

kastriot
17-06-2009, 13:33
Who says Uncle Fester doesnt know what he´s doing?

:grinser::grinser: :grinser:

ginoformaggino
17-06-2009, 13:50
tomorrow night I will meet Alborose, so be careful warro when you defend our uncle! :devs:
Pandev to Napoli is a very good news , thinking to 'el pocho' Lavezzi. :beer:
No decision today about the third no EU player, even if Abete, the chief, said he would want to keep on with existing situation, 2 no EU players per season.
http://www.asca.it/news-CALCIO__ABETE__SU_EXTRACOMUNITARI_ASPETTIAMO_ORIENTAMENTO_LEGA-839153-SPR-1.html

what a toothache! :bri:

Fret
17-06-2009, 14:38
Inter is ready to sell Ibrahimovic until mid of July......

Interimovic
17-06-2009, 14:41
Milan actually have a plan, after long long time. Kaka and Gourcuff(mistake) are out but names like Thiago Silva, Cissoko, Džeko, Hernanes, Sneijder are in, or will be in.

That will be Milan for respect, young and fast. I would be thrilled to see fellows like Favali, Dida or Shevcenko in Milan shirt next year but I doubt that Leonardo will allow that.

On the other hand we're buying Milito, Motta, Deco and Carvalho, old timers like in Milan for last couple of seasons and I am afraid that we will finish like a Milan.

Christian
17-06-2009, 14:57
Milan actually have a plan, after long long time. Kaka and Gourcuff(mistake) are out but names like Thiago Silva, Cissoko, Džeko, Hernanes, Sneijder are in, or will be in.

That will be Milan for respect, young and fast. I would be thrilled to see fellows like Favali, Dida or Shevcenko in Milan shirt next year but I doubt that Leonardo will allow that.

On the other hand we're buying Milito, Motta, Deco and Carvalho, old timers like in Milan for last couple of seasons and I am afraid that we will finish like a Milan.

Hold on, you're not allowed to say good things about the management on these boards!! In case you haven't noticed, we're very negative... ;)

Really though, there's still a long way to go in this Mercato. Dzeko and Cissokho are great signings, but not enough. Also keep in mind that the best part of the new bunch preferably should be signed before the team starts training at the 7th (?). This is also one of the reason why it's so stupid that the decision about 2 or 3 non-EU players happens so late.

mrki
17-06-2009, 15:39
After Galliani ****ed up most of the signings and overpayed most players, we lost huge money that we are now trying to recuperate by having normal wage bugdet for normal ployers and bigger for big ones. But this is 3 years too late. To see how much money Beckham, Sheva, Emerson, Dida, Seedorf, Favalli got aldough they were on the bench or didnt play is sad.

Now when wages will be normalised players would like to play for Abramovic... well go and play for him! If Pirlo says he doesnt want to be in Milan and fight anymore, he can go. I'd only be sorry to see Gattuso go, which I hope he'll not do!!

Trade Pirlo to Essien, buy Dzeko and bring Sneijder and we play Rino-Essien-Sneijder and here you go :)

honsano
17-06-2009, 15:50
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5386348,00.html

According to SKY we got Cisshoko...good enough for me :)

As for Rossi, I just don't trust small guys especially from la liga. Hold on, why is his season so phenomenal? 12 goals and 7 assists are pretty good in 32 appearances, but that is la liga, slack defense. People regularly score 30 goals a season there. Need I remind of his performances against Arsenal in Champions league?

I haven't seen too many of his games in all fairness and I don't mean to incite revolt. But to compare to baggio or del piero I think is a bit too far.

I did watch him in the game vs the US. The US was a man down and he was playing in front of an inspired Pirlo. Though he did have two pretty good goals I don't think it's anything to really get too excited about. My two cents though...

johncharles365
17-06-2009, 15:53
Gattuso is the heart and soul of the Milan team if we lose him we might as well become like the andrex premier league club where all the players are soft unnecessary expensive and completely fake.

M.O.I.
17-06-2009, 16:04
Trade Pirlo to Essien, buy Dzeko and bring Sneijder and we play Rino-Essien-Sneijder and here you go :)

Sneijder????
he would be by far the worst attaking medfielder in serie a,he would really suck in italy nowhere near his style..

brk
17-06-2009, 16:16
--------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Aly
-----Gattuso-----Flamini
---------Hernanes
--------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
------------Dzeko

Who has a problem with this?

Ceceves
17-06-2009, 16:19
As for Rossi, I just don't trust small guys especially from la liga. Hold on, why is his season so phenomenal? 12 goals and 7 assists are pretty good in 32 appearances, but that is la liga, slack defense. People regularly score 30 goals a season there.

Once in the past 12 season has the topscorer managed to score 30 or more in la Liga. So it's not like it's the Dutch or Austrian league we're talking about. And what do you mean you don't like small guys from la Liga? Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa...Maradona...:bri:

M.O.I.
17-06-2009, 16:20
--------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Aly
-----Gattuso-----Flamini
---------Hernanes
--------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
------------Dzeko

Who has a problem with this?

i dont like dida.id like a better pair for nesta,and i dont believe in the dinho...
what about subs?

Ceceves
17-06-2009, 16:21
--------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Aly
-----Gattuso-----Flamini
---------Hernanes
--------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
------------Dzeko

Who has a problem with this?

The FICG might if they don't change the non-EU rules :hmmm:

martin
17-06-2009, 16:22
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5386348,00.html

According to SKY we got Cisshoko...good enough for me :)

As for Rossi, I just don't trust small guys especially from la liga. Hold on, why is his season so phenomenal? 12 goals and 7 assists are pretty good in 32 appearances, but that is la liga, slack defense. People regularly score 30 goals a season there. Need I remind of his performances against Arsenal in Champions league?

I haven't seen too many of his games in all fairness and I don't mean to incite revolt. But to compare to baggio or del piero I think is a bit too far.

I did watch him in the game vs the US. The US was a man down and he was playing in front of an inspired Pirlo. Though he did have two pretty good goals I don't think it's anything to really get too excited about. My two cents though...

I agree 100% with your views on Rossi. I really like him n would love for him to join us....for about 10-20 million. This guy is still a project and would be a huge risk at 40 million or whatever is being asked for him. Furthermore, how can we let 30 mins on a pitch against a team like the US convince us into spending half of the money from Kaka towards a player that is still growing? Additionally, the way players play with the national team is often different from club teams. Just look at Schweinsteiger, one of my favourite players on Germany, with the national team he usually perfroms really well, but he cant even get a starting spot on Bayern. Or look at Grosso, there's plenty of examples. I hope our management just does not lose their minds in what seems to be a very silly transfers season where teams are spending ridiculous sums in financially crippling times.

Ryo
17-06-2009, 16:30
--------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Aly
-----Gattuso-----Flamini
---------Hernanes
--------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
------------Dzeko

Who has a problem with this?

No bench, we'll never last 50 games, much less 38 :p017::p017::p017:

Rick
17-06-2009, 16:46
I agree 100% with your views on Rossi. I really like him n would love for him to join us....for about 10-20 million. This guy is still a project and would be a huge risk at 40 million or whatever is being asked for him.

If reports are to be believed (which, of course, they rarely are) Villareal would take 15-18 million euros plus Trezeguet for him. Surely Trezeguet isn't worth 22 million euros! And I would imagine that since playing for Milan is Rossi's lifelong dream, if Milan were seriously interested he could pretty much force Villareal's hand and Milan wouldn't have to pay any more than Juve.

ACMILAN1983
17-06-2009, 16:50
Milan actually have a plan, after long long time. Kaka and Gourcuff(mistake) are out but names like Thiago Silva, Cissoko, Džeko, Hernanes, Sneijder are in, or will be in.

That will be Milan for respect, young and fast. I would be thrilled to see fellows like Favali, Dida or Shevcenko in Milan shirt next year but I doubt that Leonardo will allow that.

On the other hand we're buying Milito, Motta, Deco and Carvalho, old timers like in Milan for last couple of seasons and I am afraid that we will finish like a Milan.

Being as objective as a I can, I do agree with you. As Christian said it's still very early days but right now it does seem Milan has stronger rebuilding project than Inter in place, though I'm not convinced yet as Milan have only made one signing so far (not including T.Silva).

However, I can understand your concerns about Inter. Potentially losing Ibra and Maicon (quite frankly, your best players), especially having seen mega stars like Kaka and Ronaldo already leave their clubs this summer hardly inspires confidence, especially as neither seem to deny it. More importantly, the signings made so far aren't bad, but they are hardly bought with the future in mind. I do think Inter has a plan in place, and I think it's to build a squad that is prepared to try and win the CL next year. I'm just glad Julio Cruz looks like he's got no place in Inter now, he's been a pain in our backsides for the last couple of years.

Juve too have a plan, which is to buy Serie A experienced talents, and I'm pretty sure they're trying to build a squad ready to challenge for the title.

Milan's rebuilding project appears to be in place, but right now I don't think anyone can be sure of what to expect. We're after some interesting players, but exactly what we're building towards is a different matter.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5386348,00.html

According to SKY we got Cisshoko...good enough for me :)

As for Rossi, I just don't trust small guys especially from la liga. Hold on, why is his season so phenomenal? 12 goals and 7 assists are pretty good in 32 appearances, but that is la liga, slack defense. People regularly score 30 goals a season there. Need I remind of his performances against Arsenal in Champions league?

I haven't seen too many of his games in all fairness and I don't mean to incite revolt. But to compare to baggio or del piero I think is a bit too far.

I did watch him in the game vs the US. The US was a man down and he was playing in front of an inspired Pirlo. Though he did have two pretty good goals I don't think it's anything to really get too excited about. My two cents though...

Rossi isn't just a small guy from La Liga, he's got a lot to offer. Firstly, he plays in a similar role as Kaka in recent years, in that they are both forwards, but not strikers. His statistics are also comparable to Kaka's, which for a 22 yr old is no easy feat. He scores on average just under a goal every 2 games and assists about once every three games, not a bad return for anyone. His performances against Arsenal may not have been special (I don't remember them tbh), but these are just a couple of games. Both Kaka and Pato were pretty rubbish against Arsenal too 2 seasons ago, but they are incredible players.

We must always remember that he is just 22 years old. At 22 Kaka wasn't exactly a household name, Pirlo was stuck on the bench at Inter, Rino was I think still at Salerniterna etc. Baggio and Del Piero at 22 were only really starting to make a name for themselves, just like Rossi now.

Rossi's been impressing since a very young age actually. He must have impressed Man Utd for them to poach him when young, something they're known for. In the Man Utd youth setup he was the undoubted star and made it up to the senior level. Lack of space in the senior squad saw him go to Newcastle where he was wasted (and frankly, they were and still are a complete mess), which lead to him returning to Parma. At Parma, he was vital in them staying up, scoring a number of goals and making important assists. He had obviously caught the attention of Villareal in that time and they snapped him up quickly, and since then he's gone on to become one of their most important players.

When you consider that at 22 he's already played in the top 3 leagues in Europe (has a lot of experience already), has not only succeeded in all of his clubs bar Newcastle (who as I said had deeper issues), but has gone on to be a key player at all of the clubs and has produced results at a consistent level since coming onto the scene, surely we're not looking at any normal player.

I agree 100% with your views on Rossi. I really like him n would love for him to join us....for about 10-20 million. This guy is still a project and would be a huge risk at 40 million or whatever is being asked for him. Furthermore, how can we let 30 mins on a pitch against a team like the US convince us into spending half of the money from Kaka towards a player that is still growing? Additionally, the way players play with the national team is often different from club teams. Just look at Schweinsteiger, one of my favourite players on Germany, with the national team he usually perfroms really well, but he cant even get a starting spot on Bayern. Or look at Grosso, there's plenty of examples. I hope our management just does not lose their minds in what seems to be a very silly transfers season where teams are spending ridiculous sums in financially crippling times.

Rossi shouldn't cost more than around 20m euros, 25 max. 40m is just a number thrown out to raise his value.

I don't really understand where this talk of "30minutes against the USA is what creates the hype" is coming from. The guy's been performing for a few years now (both for Italy and at club level) and many have spoken about him over the past couple of years. He's not a new discussion.

Warro Bantan
17-06-2009, 16:54
Good one ginoformaggino!! Abarose is a good singer...I quite like his latest work. :D

martin
17-06-2009, 17:50
I don't really understand where this talk of "30minutes against the USA is what creates the hype" is coming from. The guy's been performing for a few years now (both for Italy and at club level) and many have spoken about him over the past couple of years. He's not a new discussion.

Yes, that is very true, he has been performing for all of these years, but he was barely mentioned until the game against the US. If he has a good tournament, then you will see juve, n teams like chelsea make bids for him. Aside from Juve, i don't think any sides would have him on their radar prior to Confederations, that's what I mean when i say that this tournamnet is hyping him up. If he performs well in this tournament, he could easily fetch around 30 million. You have guys like dzeko going for 30, Cissohko ( an unknown a year ago, and still many people did not really know who he was until we signed him) cost 15 mill, why would his team settle for anything less than 30-40?

Christian
17-06-2009, 17:57
I still don't get why Juve would want G. Rossi anyway. Didn't they just buy Diego, and then Amauri last summmer? Are they just gonna forget about Giovinco and Del Piero?

hitmannq8
17-06-2009, 18:39
I'll gladly take G.Rossi but not in the expense of Dzeko. What the f is up Pirlo's *** with his recent comments? Didn't he say 3 or 4 days ago that he is 100% Milan?

slifersd
17-06-2009, 18:59
It really shouldn't be all that surprising to see a lot of the old players making comments about leaving for Chelsea. They have had a strong bound with Ancelotti and is therefore very attached to him emotionally. On the other hand, without Ancelotti here, they are also no longer guaranteed a place in the starting 11. For those guys who have seemingly lost their motivations, it is difficult for them to get back on top of their form and fight for their spot with younger guys again. That is why they would want to move to Chelsea and seek the shelter under their friend Ancelotti. It is rather pathetic, but not really uncommon among older and very established players to feel that way.

Personally, I would gladly sell Pirlo and maybe even Gattuso if the price is right and we get proper replacements. For one, I would trade Pirlo for Felipe Melo anyday of the week. Pirlo, with his physical limitations, has a max of about 2 years left at the top of his form. Rather than hang on to him and eventually lose him for next to nothing when his form is gone, why not make a profit on him and bring in a great replacement in Melo? The same can be said about Gattuso. Losing players is only bad when you have nobody to replace the player lost.

zafrul
17-06-2009, 19:50
It really shouldn't be all that surprising to see a lot of the old players making comments about leaving for Chelsea. They have had a strong bound with Ancelotti and is therefore very attached to him emotionally. On the other hand, without Ancelotti here, they are also no longer guaranteed a place in the starting 11. For those guys who have seemingly lost their motivations, it is difficult for them to get back on top of their form and fight for their spot with younger guys again. That is why they would want to move to Chelsea and seek the shelter under their friend Ancelotti. It is rather pathetic, but not really uncommon among older and very established players to feel that way.

Personally, I would gladly sell Pirlo and maybe even Gattuso if the price is right and we get proper replacements. For one, I would trade Pirlo for Felipe Melo anyday of the week. Pirlo, with his physical limitations, has a max of about 2 years left at the top of his form. Rather than hang on to him and eventually lose him for next to nothing when his form is gone, why not make a profit on him and bring in a great replacement in Melo? The same can be said about Gattuso. Losing players is only bad when you have nobody to replace the player lost.

We already have a replacement for Gattuso in Flamini... who actually can not only defend, but also play football!

Rick
17-06-2009, 20:35
It will be interesting to see what happens if they add another EU spot for Serie A. I wonder if that wouldn't lead Milan to go harder after Hernanes, who could replace Pirlo, and then ship Pirlo off to Chelsea. That extra spot could be key to several moves.

Pietro
17-06-2009, 20:53
I think Milan should keep both Gattuso and Pirlo. If the 3 non eu spots come in....then i think Milan should sign Hernanes and then set up like Italy.

Gatusso Hernanes Pirlo
(Flamini) (Seedorf) (Ambrosini)

This could release Pirlo from his 'defensive duties' and let him contribute higher up the ground. With cissokho behind him, he will get better protection then if it was janku or favalli.

If we sell Gatusso and Pirlo, then we suffer froma depth problem again. Starting 11 will be fine but no one to adequately replace off the bench.

As much as i hate it, this is where inter is stronger then us (and Juve is building too)...but if we sign who we are linked to, i think we will back on top in no time.

martin
17-06-2009, 21:58
I think Milan should keep both Gattuso and Pirlo. If the 3 non eu spots come in....then i think Milan should sign Hernanes and then set up like Italy.

Gatusso Hernanes Pirlo
(Flamini) (Seedorf) (Ambrosini)

This could release Pirlo from his 'defensive duties' and let him contribute higher up the ground. With cissokho behind him, he will get better protection then if it was janku or favalli.

If we sell Gatusso and Pirlo, then we suffer froma depth problem again. Starting 11 will be fine but no one to adequately replace off the bench.

As much as i hate it, this is where inter is stronger then us (and Juve is building too)...but if we sign who we are linked to, i think we will back on top in no time.

How about Rosina and Foggia for the bench? they might surprise us and maybe win a starting spot. Or at the very least, they would be a boost from the bench.

Gabriel489
17-06-2009, 22:20
Selling Pirlo and Gattuso, to me won't be that much of a problem. Face it, Milan played over half a season without Gattuso and did fine. Milan also played without Pirlo and did fine too.
In regards to depth, if Pirlo and Gattuso are sold, then only Seedorf, Flamini, and Ambro are left, and it will make Leo push Janku up in the midfield role with Abate providing wide option and all Milan need to sign is someone like Sneijder or Hernanes or even Essien. Then their midfield will be set.

Gabriel489
18-06-2009, 00:05
I am not going to quote myself, but when this tooth fairy thing first appeared, I said that this better not be a trick by Galli's to lower the price for Cissokho, and it seems like it is turning out to be the case. To me thats not doing smart business thats being a scum and a slimeball. Now I wonder why other clubs don't want to do business with Milan unless they are buying players from Milan.

hitmannq8
18-06-2009, 00:08
I really wish we sign Rosina, he always was a Rossonero. He is absolutely world class. I think we could get him for a little less than 10m. He would be great to be play on the left of midfield...absolutely great player. I think if we continue talking more about him we might be linked with him in a few days...

boy how I wish we get Rossi and Rosina...two young up and coming Italian players.

Gabriel489
18-06-2009, 00:14
IF Milan sign Rossi and Rossina, then with R80 already with Milan. Milan will can recreate the 3R attack like how they used to call the Brazil team with Ronaldo, R80 and Rivaldo.

will4li
18-06-2009, 00:36
No rossi or rossina,even baggio in his prime time looks pale compared to morden football world class AM. when people talking recruit guys like rossi or rossina to fill kaka's void,milan are losing all champion glory hope(no matter CL or scudetto).bring in hernance is the bottom line,or some unkown wonder kids like pato.

pirlo and gattuso can leave, but chelsea should give us essien and boshinwa.