View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
Christian
18-02-2009, 18:15
Just a question.
If Vidic is a great defender why ManUtd to sell him?
ManUtd is one of the top 3 richest clubs on earth.So why to sell him even with 30M? I think we have no chance of signing him.
Lets see whats up in our league.
Well they sold Jaap Stam back in the day. And i seem to have read that they have quite a dept. But you're right it's probably unrealistic.
One thing i can't figure out though is, that it seems like Galliani has finally acknowledged that we need a world class defender as soon as possibly, and they seem to have started making enquiries right after the Inter game. Now was that because of the absolutly horrible defending, or was that because of Nesta's operation??
They say that Nesta is suposed to return in two months, but maybe that's not right.
Well they sold Jaap Stam back in the day. And i seem to have read that they have quite a dept. But you're right it's probably unrealistic.
One thing i can't figure out though is, that it seems like Galliani has finally acknowledged that we need a world class defender as soon as possibly, and they seem to have started making enquiries right after the Inter game. Now was that because of the absolutly horrible defending, or was that because of Nesta's operation??
They say that Nesta is suposed to return in two months, but maybe that's not right.
And Manchester United has Johnny Evans, who was brilliant filling in for Rio Ferdinand when he was out. Eventually they'll have to do something because all three are too good to be backups. Still, it would be very difficult to pry Vidic away at this point. He's probably been the best player in the Premiership this year.
As for whether or not it was the horrible defending (mostly by Kaladze) against Inter or Nesta's operation, it was probably both. Hopefully Nesta will be back to full healthy by next season, but I don't think we can count on it. So I think a top central defender is priority No. 1 for the summer.
Originally posted by flame
if anyone actually bothered to read what Sacchi said,
he was more attacking the way we handle transfer market,
than the way Ancelotti manages the team
Agree, we have no physical existance in both box,and duplicated players for Xmas formation.that's our tactical problem.carlo asked for alex,toni,ribery,adebayor.I think it will be a big difference if we had them.alex and toni will solve our anti-air and counter bunker defence inability; ribery and adebayor will inspire front mobility.
carlo is tactically eqivelant to sacchi,and better manager in locker room,lot better IMO.
If a new coach can get whatever player he want under the other big2 's period, why not give carlo that chance?
Just a question.
If Vidic is a great defender why ManUtd to sell him?
ManUtd is one of the top 3 richest clubs on earth.So why to sell him even with 30M? I think we have no chance of signing him.
Lets see whats up in our league.
Actually, if the transfers were ruled by something like "he's excellent for the club, we're rich, he stays", there would be no superstar transfers ... the fact is that some players can have problems with their management or their coach sometimes.
I don't know the situation of Vidic at all actually as I don't care about Man U.
But to reply someone who asked why Barcelona would sell Eto'o, rumors are about Eto'o staying one more and last year in Barcelona, waiting for the end of his contract ... because his contract ends in 2010. So, Barcelona has three options with him:
- they convince him to sign another contract
- they sell him this summer
- they keep him this summer and let him go for free in 2010
And when you read what Eto'o said in medias these last few days, there is nothing letting us thinking he will renew his contract ... he just said that the club in his heart is Mallorca, Barcelona is just his current club, and he could change for another place sooner or later. He also said he didn't apreciate the situation of the last summer when Barcelona clearly tried to sell him.
I started my post about Vidic, and I ended with Eto'o, I don't know how it is possible ... :D
No point getting Eto'o if we're going to keep Dinho. One striker for the 4-3-2-1 formation and Pato should be getting maximum playing time. The kid has to play to develop. If anything we should look for a decent backup who won't mind sitting on the bench and knows how to score. Maybe bring Di Gennaro and/or Paloschi back to replace Sheva and/or Pippo if Pippo decides to hang up his boots.
As for Gourcuff I'm still confused as to whether I want him back or not. I like him as a player and I don't want him to come back to a substitute role. I think realistically Carlo does not see him as a starter in his plans. So for Gourcuff's best interest he should probably do another year at Bordeaux then go to Bayern or something.
What's the status of mattioni? If he fails,we at least need another quality wingback(left or right)in summer.zambrotta and janku both pushing 32,and janku is a liability in defence.
Peachtot
19-02-2009, 01:36
No point getting Eto'o if we're going to keep Dinho. One striker for the 4-3-2-1 formation and Pato should be getting maximum playing time. The kid has to play to develop. If anything we should look for a decent backup who won't mind sitting on the bench and knows how to score. Maybe bring Di Gennaro and/or Paloschi back to replace Sheva and/or Pippo if Pippo decides to hang up his boots.
As for Gourcuff I'm still confused as to whether I want him back or not. I like him as a player and I don't want him to come back to a substitute role. I think realistically Carlo does not see him as a starter in his plans. So for Gourcuff's best interest he should probably do another year at Bordeaux then go to Bayern or something.
This fearness valid in context Milan keeps carlo as manager. If a new one take over carlo's role, we can keep eto'o, pato, kaka dan gorky all together and play 3 of them or even al of them in some occasion
^^^ Don't forget Dinho. It's because of Dinho we have to play 4-3-2-1 in the first place. It's not a bad formation we just need more mobile midfielders. Players that make more runs into the box and don't just waltz around the centre circle.
A better coach would utilize our youth properly, at the same stage Sacchi also coached a piss poor Milan. His tactics would fail nowdays. I'd prefer not to sign Agger or Mexes. Don't think either are mentally strong enough, besides Galliani always says we won't sign a Roma player as we want to be friends with them???
What happen to the Zapata rumours? Much better option.
Imagine a coach who knew what to do with youth players. We could have Abate, Zapata, Albertazzi, Darmian integrated into team, as well as a quick, mobile team, and an inventive attack not based on players individual abilities, but on a sound tactical understanding. Ah well.
A better coach would utilize our youth properly, at the same stage Sacchi also coached a piss poor Milan. His tactics would fail nowdays. I'd prefer not to sign Agger or Mexes. Don't think either are mentally strong enough, besides Galliani always says we won't sign a Roma player as we want to be friends with them???
What happen to the Zapata rumours? Much better option.
Imagine a coach who knew what to do with youth players. We could have Abate, Zapata, Albertazzi, Darmian integrated into team, as well as a quick, mobile team, and an inventive attack not based on players individual abilities, but on a sound tactical understanding. Ah well.
Do you really think Zapata is mentally stronger than Mexes and Agger? Based on what might I ask? - he is younger than both of them.
And what's the point of being friends with a rival club if you can't sign one of their players?
That last one is for Galliani - I've heard him say too, and always thought it's was stange.
Peachtot
19-02-2009, 04:21
^^^ Don't forget Dinho. It's because of Dinho we have to play 4-3-2-1 in the first place. It's not a bad formation we just need more mobile midfielders. Players that make more runs into the box and don't just waltz around the centre circle.
Yep, i forgot to mention Dinho :D
We played 4-3-2-1 not only in this season. Since 2006/2007 we played more often with that scheme over 4-3-1-2. We play X-mas tree becoz lacked of good enough striker (in carlo's perspective) and as much portion with that, carlo always eager to fielded his man seedorf though team must be sacrificing alot (as midfielder we're suffering physically & defensively, as trequarista we're lacking man in box)
Peachtot
19-02-2009, 04:23
And what's the point of being friends with a rival club if you can't sign one of their players?
one time carlo ever said he want to be roma's coach ;)
one time carlo ever said he want to be roma's coach ;)
Then let's give Carlo to Roma free of charge - as a token of our friendship: :lu:
Peachtot
19-02-2009, 04:42
Then let's give Carlo to Roma free of charge - as a token of our friendship: :lu:
and as token of family give Carlo some money but not as compensation to terminate contract, but named it as a keepsake :5love:
what is hapent with Hurtado we bought him or he was on trial period?
Ageer is 50% aur player and we will payt for him a 4-8 mil e.
in this summer we mast sold Janku 4-6 mil.e lahm for replecment.. and kaladze 4-8 mil.e. ager to reples him.
and aj forgot a abauth Marco Rossi this player is 50-50 with parma
and for forward j sugest to look at digjon aur Piery Aubamejang have very imresuve games he is troo talent,clinical stricer like PIPO.
what is hapent with Hurtado we bought him or he was on trial period?
He was on trial. He's just signed with the Seattle Sounders, the incoming Major League Soccer franchise (where he'll be a teammate of Freddie Ljungberg and Kasey Keller).
hitmannq8
19-02-2009, 15:58
he looked much better than Kaladze in the few minutes we've seen him
he looked much better than Kaladze in the few minutes we've seen him
I could have looked better than Kaladze did against Inter. :D
Capo Ultra
19-02-2009, 19:32
[...]Galliani always says we won't sign a Roma player as we want to be friends with them???
That last one is for Galliani - I've heard him say too, and always thought it's was stange.
You guys have totally misunderstood it. We have a gentleman's agreement with Roma, which "prescribes" that neither club are allowed to use the players buy-out clause.
And why do we keep such a nice relationship with ROma (not that it's a bad thing)...
Imagine a coach who knew what to do with youth players. We could have Abate, Zapata, Albertazzi, Darmian integrated into team, as well as a quick, mobile team, and an inventive attack not based on players individual abilities, but on a sound tactical understanding. Ah well.
Abate, Albetrazzi, Darmian ARE NOT good enough yet, admit it.
Zapata IS NOT a Milan player, live in a real world.
Gabriel489
20-02-2009, 06:03
I think Abate is good enough to play for Milan as he is doing really well.
Also he is someone who we can really use, as he lives on the right side.
And that "what???" about Jazz-football...well its not my fault you dont understand it. I cant educate you in here.
omg, was this a cheap attempt to show off? :hihihi:
if you are so smart to grasp both the essence of football and the essence of jazz, and then be able to connect them...
... i would assume you would also be smart enough to put this metaphor in a one simple word - "improvization".. am I right? please tell me. I want my mom to be proud!
"someone call an ambulance..." saying this "joke" in a public place makes you look like a joke, i advise you not do use it in everyday life. Maybe it can be used in american teenage "comedy" series or somthing...I dont know , on MTV or some moronic "american idol" show.
it.
someone says "call an ambulance", when another person is showing sings of insanity. If you see a joke element in that - good for you.
You seem obsessed with american culture. Where did that come from in our discussion?
Filipéz 182
20-02-2009, 07:48
Abate, Albetrazzi, Darmian ARE NOT good enough yet, admit it.
Zapata IS NOT a Milan player, live in a real world.
how can they become good enough as they never get playing time?? Why cant play some games against the smaller teams? or in uefa group stages...
And why do we keep such a nice relationship with ROma (not that it's a bad thing)...
To allow Galliani, and maybe Berlusconi, to spend some time in bed with Miss Sensi ? :uhm:
About the young guys, we'd like to see Darmian and Albertazzi (whereas we only saw them playing only 2-3 times maximum and don't know what is their real level), and in the "we", I include myself, but let's be also realistic: our main problem is our defence, is it a good solution to put on the pitch very young players in this area when you know that your defence is a pity ? What's the example for these young guys ? Kaladze makes a mistake ... "oh if he can do it and remain a starter, I can too" (I know that sounds crazy and it is made to sound like this :D).
Young players can be used as starters (one by one of course, not 2-3 at the same time) only when the team goes very well, especially for defenders, because they need to earn confidence, and so they need to play in a team with confident players ... who in our defence seems confident enough to play alongside a very young defender and maybe save our asses from a mistake coming from this young dude ?? I think we all know the answer ...
PS: The answer was "no defender in our team"
how can they become good enough as they never get playing time?? Why cant play some games against the smaller teams? or in uefa group stages...
they do get play against smaller teams - that's why we loan them out.
I am sure Milan staff is watching closely every player, and if they show good signs, we get them back from loans.
we all know that favalli, emerson are great though.
we all know that favalli, emerson are great though.
so Milan's choice should be between unproven no good youngsters and old over the edge players?
No, Milan's choice should be between up and coming players, and established players, not cripples who add nothing to our roster. I'd much rather see Albertazzi etc get games than watch emerson disgrace our jersey anymore.
In addition to that I'm SURE Abate can offer us all what Beckham offers us...PLUS more. Except all the publicity in England...
Christian
20-02-2009, 15:01
I thought Abate was a winger?? Which is something we don't need.
Bosniaco
20-02-2009, 15:33
I thought Abate was a winger?? Which is something we don't need.
And what is Beckham? Is he needed? Was he needed?
Considering we lack the players to operate wide, then a proper winger as opposed to a media circus is needed. Abate would be a great addition with right manager, and management, but doubt he'll come. Galliani alway slies about our youth players returning. Done it with MArzoratti & Pozzi, sold Donadel too. Will do same to Paloschi, Di Gennaro, Abate & others too.
HO-YOUNG
20-02-2009, 15:53
The coach has no faith in young players... other than Kaka and Pato... Man U uses a lot of young unproven players in there squad... they hav a little brazilian playing on the right side of defence and he scored against arsenal. I dont see why we cant give our youngsters a chance.... we put them out on loan and they perform better than our starters against the same teams that often beat the crap out of us... and i hope no one tell me that they are not "Milan Quality"... i think we need to integrate a new school of thought into this system of ours...
when will Milan be the team thats feared in italy???
Loads will say their not Milan quality, but nowdays Milan quality is found in the bargain basement.
Slow day at MM today...just thought I'd say that Klaas scored two goals for Madrid today. Just throwing that out there...no particular reason or anything =)
Bosniaco
21-02-2009, 19:37
The coach has no faith in young players... other than Kaka and Pato... Man U uses a lot of young unproven players in there squad... they hav a little brazilian playing on the right side of defence and he scored against arsenal. I dont see why we cant give our youngsters a chance.... we put them out on loan and they perform better than our starters against the same teams that often beat the crap out of us... and i hope no one tell me that they are not "Milan Quality"... i think we need to integrate a new school of thought into this system of ours...
when will Milan be the team thats feared in italy???
Unfortunatly Sacchi is not sitting on our bench today. It is our beloved Carlo, who likes to play player who are his friends and almost the same age like him. They are buddies.
Graeme C
22-02-2009, 05:46
It really makes me wonder how good Albertazzi and Darmian are if Santon starts for Inter? We're stuck in a what if situation as really we wont know how good they are until they are given more and more chances. I for one would give Albertazzi a starting chance over Favalli everytime.
I have to agree with Sacchi, our squad isnt really dynamic. If you just look at our bench compared to Inters at the derby, you can see why they are top and we are bordering third/ forth place. The lack of investment to our squad isnt a new thing, me and Jim have been hounding about this for years..
I read a interesting article on goal saying other than Bonera, we havent spent any real money on a CB since Nesta... Now Maldini is definately retiring, and Nesta most likely will we have no choice but to spend. But knowing Milan, they will try and go on the cheap.. Look what happened when Baresi and Tassotti retired..
Slow day at MM today...just thought I'd say that Klaas scored two goals for Madrid today. Just throwing that out there...no particular reason or anything =)
And ?
What has to be understood there ?
Real Madrid is in good form, it's easy for strikers to score when everyone in the team plays at his best or almost (seems like Juande Ramos is doing better than in England :D). And Real won 6-1 ... and they only needed 45 minutes to do that. There was no defence in front of Real Madrid.
And we could also say that Oliveira scored against Real Madrid ...
PS: But who cares ? :D
It really makes me wonder how good Albertazzi and Darmian are if Santon starts for Inter? We're stuck in a what if situation as really we wont know how good they are until they are given more and more chances. I for one would give Albertazzi a starting chance over Favalli everytime.
I have to agree with Sacchi, our squad isnt really dynamic. If you just look at our bench compared to Inters at the derby, you can see why they are top and we are bordering third/ forth place. The lack of investment to our squad isnt a new thing, me and Jim have been hounding about this for years..
I read a interesting article on goal saying other than Bonera, we havent spent any real money on a CB since Nesta... Now Maldini is definately retiring, and Nesta most likely will we have no choice but to spend. But knowing Milan, they will try and go on the cheap.. Look what happened when Baresi and Tassotti retired..
Thiago Silva ? Already forgot him ? Of course, a WC CB would still be welcome ...
About Albertazzi, would you really give him a chance right now, in such a situation with many clubs in the race for the CL, Roma coming back dangerously, Fiorentina so near from us, etc ?! As I said, young players can be used when the team is in a good situation, so for example, when our 3rd place will be secured, let's play these young defenders, but right now, there is too much pressure for them because of this race for the CL, but also because we already have a very bad defence (putting a young/very young defender in our defence nowadays would be suicide for him I think).
Graeme C
22-02-2009, 08:05
Thiago Silva ? Already forgot him ? Of course, a WC CB would still be welcome ...
About Albertazzi, would you really give him a chance right now, in such a situation with many clubs in the race for the CL, Roma coming back dangerously, Fiorentina so near from us, etc ?! As I said, young players can be used when the team is in a good situation, so for example, when our 3rd place will be secured, let's play these young defenders, but right now, there is too much pressure for them because of this race for the CL, but also because we already have a very bad defence (putting a young/very young defender in our defence nowadays would be suicide for him I think).
yeah i would, if you had the choice between him and Favalli i would bring on Albertazzi. Mainly because he would be more hungry for the game, have more pace.. Favalli has more experiece, but what other big team in europe plays a 37year olds. If favalli was anywhere near as good as Billy or Maldini you could understand it, but we have players that are "squad hogging" and should have been kicked out a long time ago.
I know we have alot of important games, but if Inter can play Santon why cant we play Albertazzi. If these players are that good they should be able to adapt to the games.. I forgot about Thiago Silva, but to be honest I cant really say anything until ive seen him play a few games in seria A.
If i were the management i would be making a big shopping list now..
Can't be any worse than watching the same idiots mess up every weekk. There is no pressure. Carlo would relegate Milan, and still keep the job.
yeah i would, if you had the choice between him and Favalli i would bring on Albertazzi. Mainly because he would be more hungry for the game, have more pace.. Favalli has more experiece, but what other big team in europe plays a 37year olds. If favalli was anywhere near as good as Billy or Maldini you could understand it, but we have players that are "squad hogging" and should have been kicked out a long time ago.
I know we have alot of important games, but if Inter can play Santon why cant we play Albertazzi. If these players are that good they should be able to adapt to the games.. I forgot about Thiago Silva, but to be honest I cant really say anything until ive seen him play a few games in seria A.
If i were the management i would be making a big shopping list now..
I understand, but what if Albertazzi just doesn't show that he has the level in trainings ? We don't know if he is able to play in Serie A as we don't know if he isn't ... but if he doesn't play at all, there is probably a reason ??
Santon is a very good LD and it's good to see a new promising Italian defender, especially on a side ... his only problem is to play for Inter :D
Why people think Santacroce is only a dream? Is there any quotes on him as crazy as Lavezzi's 40M? With an aggresive CD like him, or Lucio, Milan can afford to play 4-2-2-2.
Graeme C
22-02-2009, 16:23
i dont know, Santacroce is good and Napoli will prob expect at least £15k for him. The management are just tight, and thats why many people here think it is just a dream... I like Santacroce, hes young and hes Italian/brazilian!
slifersd
22-02-2009, 16:28
Why people think Santacroce is only a dream? Is there any quotes on him as crazy as Lavezzi's 40M? With an aggresive CD like him, or Lucio, Milan can afford to play 4-2-2-2.
Basically, a team on the rise such as Napoli will demand a lot of money for him (not necessarily too much for his level of play but too much for our nonexistent transfer budget). And money is apperantly something we do not have. Combine those two factors and he looks like a dream to us.
Graeme C
22-02-2009, 16:45
De Silvestri is another youngster we should try and get for next season... Even Huntelaar if Real are really going to sell... :coffee:
Im a newb so sorry.
But I made this quickly, its the team I want to see AC Milan move to next season.
GK: Abbiatti, Storari
Defenders: Zambrotta,Antonini,Jankulovski,Mattioni,Bonera,Silva,Kaladze,Agger (Seems the most probable at the moment)
Midfield: Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Abate, Flamini, Gourcuff, Cigarini
Attack: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi
----------------------Abbiatti----------------
--Zambrotta----Agger-----------Silva---------Antonini--
--------Flamini-------Pirlo/Cigarini-------Abate-------
---------Kaka---------------------------Gourcuff-------
--------------------------Pato------------------------
Now before bashing it,
Agger seems like the most probably CB right now.
I like Flamini if he can actually play how he can I would like him to start because he is young and can be a Gattuso type player.
Yes, I put Cigarini as a back-up to Pirlo because with the help of Pirlo he can develop even better and slowly become the Pirlo replacement.
Abate might still be young but he can run and he is the energy we need in midfield.
Gourcuff I would bring back cause he can be great.
The oldies like Favalli,Emerson will all be gone etc. And we have a young team with depth which is what we don't have. My concern is still the defence, I'd like another younger FB with expirience.
Does anyone know what a team like this would cost?
edysupriadi
23-02-2009, 00:35
Good news ! Agger was not playing against mcity, not even on the bench !
sign him quick ! :rock3:
Im a newb so sorry.
But I made this quickly, its the team I want to see AC Milan move to next season.
GK: Abbiatti, Storari
Defenders: Zambrotta,Antonini,Jankulovski,Mattioni,Bonera,Silva,Kaladze,Agger (Seems the most probable at the moment)
Midfield: Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Abate, Flamini, Gourcuff, Cigarini
Attack: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi
----------------------Abbiatti----------------
--Zambrotta----Agger-----------Silva---------Antonini--
--------Flamini-------Pirlo/Cigarini-------Abate-------
---------Kaka---------------------------Gourcuff-------
--------------------------Pato------------------------
Now before bashing it,
Agger seems like the most probably CB right now.
I like Flamini if he can actually play how he can I would like him to start because he is young and can be a Gattuso type player.
Yes, I put Cigarini as a back-up to Pirlo because with the help of Pirlo he can develop even better and slowly become the Pirlo replacement.
Abate might still be young but he can run and he is the energy we need in midfield.
Gourcuff I would bring back cause he can be great.
The oldies like Favalli,Emerson will all be gone etc. And we have a young team with depth which is what we don't have. My concern is still the defence, I'd like another younger FB with expirience.
Does anyone know what a team like this would cost?
You've forgotten R80 and Gattuso, both of whom are good enough to be in this line up and also forgotten Seedorf and Ambrosini, Carlo's favourites, who will be in the line up come what may. Also I don't think Gourcuff can play that role as an LAM. He's not that quick you know.
Our midfield doesn't need pace with carlo as they don't go forward.
Gabriel489
23-02-2009, 04:30
As long as Carlo is our coach, we don't need pace in our back four or midfield. We just need a new coach.
To be honest, I don't know why people are defending Seedorf b/c he scored a very very very lucky goal and Carlo about winning the game.
Seedorf was out of place all the time and he was turning the ball over more than the team combined. As for Carlo, he was lucky Milan won instead of losing 3-0 b/c his defensive arrangements were crap. This past game was just like the Inter game with Inter having much much much better strikers.
I will actually be happy if we don't sign anyone this summer as long as we get a new coach and let the deadwoods-Emerson, Dida, Kalac, Sanderous, Sheva, Seedorf, Kaladaze, Ambrosini, Favalli and to some extent Pirlo to leave and just call back Abate, Gourcuff, Astori, and allow guys like Darmian, Viduz, Cardiaco, and Albertezzi a chance to play.
Slow day at MM today...just thought I'd say that Klaas scored two goals for Madrid today. Just throwing that out there...no particular reason or anything =)
And i remember Galliani saying like this several months ago, "Huntelaar? I don't think he's better than Borriello"
Get well soon and prove me wrong Marco :ilol:
rosoneri_11
23-02-2009, 12:44
Some news about the returning of Gourcuff back to Italy.
------------------------------------------------------------
Link: http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=31984
FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Gourcuff wants to return to Italy
AC Milan midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, currently on loan at Bordeaux, has said: "I want to play in a great club. I would like to return to Italy, it doesn't matter if it's going to be AC Milan or another club. I want to experience the Serie A again".
Some news about the returning of Gourcuff back to Italy.
------------------------------------------------------------
Link: http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=31984
FRANCE/ BORDEAUX, Gourcuff wants to return to Italy
AC Milan midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, currently on loan at Bordeaux, has said: "I want to play in a great club. I would like to return to Italy, it doesn't matter if it's going to be AC Milan or another club. I want to experience the Serie A again".
I don't know how reliable is this source but I didn't find anything on French websites ...
He never actually said when he would return to Italy...so there's still a chance of him spending another year at Bordeaux then moving on.
Graeme C
23-02-2009, 16:41
I just saw a clip of Abates goal against Israel. He was a player that really impressed me last year at Empoli. We were stupid loaning him out, him pato and Kaka on the break :D
Abate plays winger in torin, he will face lots of competition in milan squad.we have kaka,r80,seedof and maybe gorky next season,and we might play 2 strikers more often.It will be easier if he switch to rightback.but he should improve his tactical-awarness on that position.
Bosniaco
23-02-2009, 23:34
Abate plays winger in torin, he will face lots of competition in milan squad.we have kaka,r80,seedof and maybe gorky next season,and we might play 2 strikers more often.It will be easier if he switch to rightback.but he should improve his tactical-awarness on that position.
Right back? I cant see him do that. He is too attacking minded player. Something like Mancini did at Roma, then he moved on to be striker.
Mancini is struggling for appearance at inter recently.top club like milan is difficult for a winger unless he is at robben's quality level.
Serginio is a good exemple for abate.serginio played leftback and winger occationally,he may not be a first11,but he offered something specially in certain situations,and definitely was a important piece for us.
Gabriel489
24-02-2009, 04:58
It depends on the formation more than anything else.
For Milan, as long as we lack a true target man and play with someone like Kaka, it will be hard for any winger to be in the starting Eleven.
The Mancini thing, I think it has more to do with adjusting to a new team and formation than playing in a top club, since I don't think there is a huge diff. between Inter and Roma
I think Mancini and Quaresma's failure is one of the biggest reasons why Inter haven't become the team their squad can be with that Manager. In Chelsea under Moaninho, Robben, Duff, Cole had very specific roles which they performed very well that meant good width and lot of goals with a target man like Drogba. If their winger's hadn't been a failure, they would probably have been way ahead of where they are.
Gabriel489
24-02-2009, 10:03
I think it has more to do with JM not knowing how to play against IT teams.
Originally posted by Gabriel489
It depends on the formation more than anything else.
For Milan, as long as we lack a true target man and play with someone like Kaka, it will be hard for any winger to be in the starting Eleven.
Top clubs require top quality players in first squad. top winger is a endangered species,there are how many wingers reach top level? robben is one of them, C ronaldo is half a winger,and who else? that's why top clubs always use versatile players.
Abate definitely hasn't reach that level yet,and I don't see that talent in him.his on-ball speed is not that fast,he has no strength and endurance superioty like primetime figo.sergihio is his destiny in top club unless he develope his defensive skill turning into another zambrotta.
Mordicai
24-02-2009, 23:12
Hey,
This might not be the right thread to ask this old question but does anyone remember why we didn't keep Crespo when he was on loan a few years ago?
I figured it might've been because he was too expensive but we ended buying R.Olvieria instead anyway.
If this is the wrong place to discuss this can mods move it to the correct place pleease thx.
Hey,
This might not be the right thread to ask this old question but does anyone remember why we didn't keep Crespo when he was on loan a few years ago?
I figured it might've been because he was too expensive but we ended buying R.Olvieria instead anyway.
If this is the wrong place to discuss this can mods move it to the correct place pleease thx.
If memory serves me correct, Chelsea recalled him from the loan because they wanted another big-name striker to go along with Drogba and Mourinho convinced him to come back. If I'm not mistaken he wanted to come back to Milan after the season, but Chelsea wouldn't let him. Why he ended up at Inter instead, I'm not really sure.
Marco Motta was impressive yesterday.. wonder if we're keeping tabs on him.
He's already playing for Roma. Besides he'd need about 10 years more experience to start for us.
I thought he was on loan from Udinese? We could still get him.
Gabriel489
25-02-2009, 03:37
Carlo will never play him as long as he is young and cheap, if he costs 15Mil, then thats a different story.
Give me a ****ing break. Stupid comments like those maybe made sense a while ago, but after buying Pato, Thiago Silva and Felipe you'd think people would grow up a little bit.
Well he/she is partly right though Carlo has shown us better of late.
Gabriel489
25-02-2009, 22:07
U mentioned Felipe and yet, I have not seen him play once in the league.
T. Silva costs 12 mil and Pato costs about 20M.
Get your facts straight.
On top of that, Sanderous is young but he costs Milan 2M, even though he is pure crap.
Kaka also costs MIlan about 22M.
Pls accept the fact that Carlo does not know how to develop young players.
Pirlo cost us how much? he was a mediocre AM before moving to milan.he became a nominee for ballon'de or under carlo. so is the case for gatusso also.
I thought Kaka` is much cheaper than that!?
The other key question is whether Milan is open for developing young players; it seems not.
We are not open for developing young players.but if you can not conquer league bottom teams with ease,how can you be able to field younsters to get experience.
Our youth system should take a large part of blame,we are improving recently though.
Big teams emphasize on immediate result, that's why Milan, Madrid, etc prefer buying proven players to developing young ones, except if they have extraordinary quality (Paolo or Raul). To some extent, we the fans, who keep on clamoring for more and glory, deserve to be blamed too
Big teams emphasize on immediate result, that's why Milan, Madrid, etc prefer buying proven players to developing young ones, except if they have extraordinary quality (Paolo or Raul). To some extent, we the fans, who keep on clamoring for more and glory, deserve to be blamed too
Fans always have expectations that border on what's possible for their team - it's the same for all clubs, and it shouldn't be a hindrance to the management or the team. If anything the fans should spur the club to performing better and staying focused on the job at hand. If people at the club can't handle the fans, then they aren't cut out for being in a competitive club (if that's what we are these days :angf:).
True; my question is whether booing is going to help the team focus. It depends so much on individual player, but when you are not playing well + getting booed: you are not going to get motivated and play any better...
IMHO it helps. Every one can have off-day, and I think the Curva in SS understand that clearly. But what annoys them is that it happens every so often. That's what happened to Gila last year, and to Seedorf last week.
You can't find any bigger source of motivation than what you can find in yourself. Paolo is the perfect example. I don't remember exactly who, but I read somewhere that a Milan player said that he admired that Paolo show the enthusiasm of a teenager every day in the training session. Can you imagine that? Please take some time to think before you nod, my friend. In the training session, after all these years!
Now, some player may say that he's motivated enough even after winning 4 UCLs with 3 different clubs. And since we don't have the chance to watch the training, the only place where he can prove it on the field! Seeing is believing, and from what I see, I don't buy it, not a bit!
Fans always have expectations that border on what's possible for their team - it's the same for all clubs, and it shouldn't be a hindrance to the management or the team. If anything the fans should spur the club to performing better and staying focused on the job at hand. If people at the club can't handle the fans, then they aren't cut out for being in a competitive club (if that's what we are these days :angf:).
Nalx got a good point:
- the fans want trophies (on MM: no result = sack Carlo and Galliani or even sell the club)
- the fans want young players (on MM: look at Arsenal, they have so many very good young players)
- the fans want star players (on MM: look at Inter or Barcelona, they bought "this" player)
Last year was horrible, this year is averagely good (could be a lot better), if we sack Carlo at the next bad result ... what will happen ? We find the best coach in the world (the one that noone knows yet) and thanks to him, we win all the games we have to play to end on the first or second place of Serie A. Or we take the bad coach or, other solution, our players don't like the fact that Carlo is fired, and we lose many games to finish ... 5th again at the end.
If you take the example of the young players, Arsenal didn't win any major trophy since they started their "let's sell the experienced players at a high price and let's buy cheap young talented players" strategy. So if we have a young team, people will bash our management for the previous reason (no result whereas they have had what they wanted: plenty young talented players).
And if you take the other example, the clubs with many stars ... so people want us to spend 100M in one single mercato. If we fail (like Real Madrid and even like Inter in CL), so the fans will ask for new young players and a better coach ...
So the fans have always something to protest against ... :D
PS: Of course, this post has to be taken ... in a funny way, there is no personal attack !! :510:
Filipéz 182
26-02-2009, 08:26
Last year was horrible, this year is averagely good (could be a lot better), if we sack Carlo at the next bad result ... what will happen ? We find the best coach in the world (the one that noone knows yet) and thanks to him, we win all the games we have to play to end on the first or second place of Serie A. Or we take the bad coach or, other solution, our players don't like the fact that Carlo is fired, and we lose many games to finish ... 5th again at the end.
If you take the example of the young players, Arsenal didn't win any major trophy since they started their "let's sell the experienced players at a high price and let's buy cheap young talented players" strategy. So if we have a young team, people will bash our management for the previous reason (no result whereas they have had what they wanted: plenty young talented players).
And if you take the other example, the clubs with many stars ... so people want us to spend 100M in one single mercato. If we fail (like Real Madrid and even like Inter in CL), so the fans will ask for new young players and a better coach ...
So the fans have always something to protest against ... :D
PS: Of course, this post has to be taken ... in a funny way, there is no personal attack !! :510:
Dont agree. Nobody wants us to be like arsenal and play with a kiddies team. It doesnt work! same as a team full of ex-players like us doesnt work! you need a good mix! like at Barca and Man utd. Some experienced players, some normal age players and some quality youngsters. We have WAY too many of the experienced players who look unmotivated against the smaller teams. On top off that they arent at their best anymore and we cant compete with teams like inter anymore. They are miles ahead off us again...
Dont agree. Nobody wants us to be like arsenal and play with a kiddies team. It doesnt work! same as a team full of ex-players like us doesnt work! you need a good mix! like at Barca and Man utd. Some experienced players, some normal age players and some quality youngsters. We have WAY too many of the experienced players who look unmotivated against the smaller teams. On top off that they arent at their best anymore and we cant compete with teams like inter anymore. They are miles ahead off us again...
I read so many times people saying things like "look at what Wenger does at Arsenal" etc that I have to tell you that I think some people here would like us to have a team mainly made of youngsters ...
About what you said, in bold, you see, isn't it what our management is trying to do nowadays ?!
If we say that young is under 25, normal is between 25 and 30, and experienced is after 30 ...
Looking at our current team (and adding the new players), and then speaking about potential signings for next year, just let's have a look ...
I don't put Emerson - experienced (looks like he's not in the first team anymore + leaving), Cardaccio - young (was never used, isn't used and won't be used I think), and Viudez - young (called once but won't play except if we have all our strikers injured, what I don't hope).
GK:
Abbiati - experienced
Dida - experienced <= leaving ?
Defence:
Antonini - normal
Bonera - normal
Favalli - experienced <= retiring
Jankulovski - experienced
Kaladze - experienced
Maldini - experienced <= retiring
Mattioni - young
Nesta - experienced
Senderos - young <= sent back to Arsenal (please !!)
Thiago Silva - young => for next year
Zambrotta - experienced
Midfield:
Ambrosini - experienced
Beckham - experienced
Flamini - young/normal
Gattuso - experienced
Kaka' - normal
Pirlo - normal
Ronaldinho - normal
Seedorf - experienced
Strikers:
Borriello - normal
Inzaghi - experienced
Pato - young
Shevchenko - experienced <= sent back to Chelsea (please !!)
2008-2009
Young: 4
Normal: 6
Experienced: 14
2009-2010 (I count only the players who will be there for sure)
Young: 3
Normal: 7
Experienced: 10
To them, we could, maybe, add:
Paloschi - young
Gourcuff - young
Probably a normal aged player for the defence ...
Others - we don't know who so we don't know in what category they fill
Of course, it's only speculations, but the number of young and normal players is probably going to increase while at the same time, the number of experienced players will decrease ... it's what everyone wants, but still, what some seem not to see (or just don't want to see).
PS: Actually, the "best mix" in a 25 players roster is probably something like 5 young, 15 normal, 5 experienced, something like that, but knowing we like to have a bit more experience than other teams ... I would say that if we can have a 25 players roster looking like 5 young, 12 normal and 8 experienced, that'll be enough.
bLOND !-,-!
26-02-2009, 10:36
my perfect first team would be with 3 experienced players, 2 youngsters, and 6 normal....
young= 17-23
normal=24-30
experienced=over 30
Dont agree. Nobody wants us to be like arsenal and play with a kiddies team. It doesnt work! same as a team full of ex-players like us doesnt work! you need a good mix! like at Barca and Man utd. Some experienced players, some normal age players and some quality youngsters. We have WAY too many of the experienced players who look unmotivated against the smaller teams. On top off that they arent at their best anymore and we cant compete with teams like inter anymore. They are miles ahead off us again...
That's true. Milan shouldn't be like Arsenal. Some Milan fans want to see young players to have chances but it doesn't mean that they want Milan to be like Arsenal.
Just like you said, the key is the mix and you told it precisely about the bad mix of our team.
Gabriel489
26-02-2009, 11:50
I doubt anyone here want Milan to pull an Arsenal, but we all don't want Milan to become a retirement home for players who pasted it.
I mean, if we still have Coloucini now, our defense would have look much better.
Now I am not saying Coloucini is a rock at defense, but he is certainly miles ahead of Sanderous, and Kaladaze.
I am afraid that will happen again, if guys like Gourcuff, Darmian or Antonini don't get enough chance to play in Milan.
Having a good mix of players as Geo listed are great, but lets look at the starting 11, can u say that we have that type of balance there.
Now you might say that, well we don't have players good enough to start in the starting 11 in the mid twenties....well, then I guess the MGT is at fault for not buying them and the Coaches is at fault for not developing them properly.
Now you might say that, well we don't have players good enough to start in the starting 11 in the mid twenties....well, then I guess the MGT is at fault for not buying them and the Coaches is at fault for not developing them properly.
But if the management doesn't bring them, how can the coach develop them ?
I know that someone is probably reply "Albertazzi, Darmian, etc" and I will again reply "what in the world can make us thinking they are good enough ?". Of course, I'd like them to play if they're as good as we hope (where comes this hope from ? Not from their games ... not from their training sessions we don't see ... just from the management who said sometimes "These young players are good" or things like that).
And looking at the players we could bring (or bring back), I think the balance/mix is going to be restablished ...
Filipéz 182
26-02-2009, 13:42
We are heading into the right direction with transfers as Mattioni, Silva and maybe agger. + we could add Paloschi, Di Gennaro, Abate and Gourcuff. Wich would make our balance even better, but we have to PLAY THEM!! Carlo keeps playing old farts over our youngsters and that way they cannot improve. Who knows if Albertazzi, darmian etc. are good enough players? Players like kaladze, seedorf, emerson... can make mistake after mistake, show no passion or motivation but they still are preffered over the young guns.
Carlo isnt even trying to include them into the team. Look what happend with gourcuff, the kid had talent but everytime BROCCHI was preffered to him.
We are heading into the right direction with transfers as Mattioni, Silva and maybe agger. + we could add Paloschi, Di Gennaro, Abate and Gourcuff. Wich would make our balance even better, but we have to PLAY THEM!! Carlo keeps playing old farts over our youngsters and that way they cannot improve. Who knows if Albertazzi, darmian etc. are good enough players? Players like kaladze, seedorf, emerson... can make mistake after mistake, show no passion or motivation but they still are preffered over the young guns.
Carlo isnt even trying to include them into the team. Look what happend with gourcuff, the kid had talent but everytime BROCCHI was preffered to him.
Maybe the coach during the training sessions ?
Look what happend with gourcuff, the kid had talent but everytime BROCCHI was preffered to him.
In a nutshell, that's the core of the problem with Gourcuff.
I'd be surprised if he comes back. Simply put, Milan wasted him.
slifersd
26-02-2009, 18:04
Nalx got a good point:
- the fans want trophies (on MM: no result = sack Carlo and Galliani or even sell the club)
- the fans want young players (on MM: look at Arsenal, they have so many very good young players)
- the fans want star players (on MM: look at Inter or Barcelona, they bought "this" player)
Last year was horrible, this year is averagely good (could be a lot better), if we sack Carlo at the next bad result ... what will happen ? We find the best coach in the world (the one that noone knows yet) and thanks to him, we win all the games we have to play to end on the first or second place of Serie A. Or we take the bad coach or, other solution, our players don't like the fact that Carlo is fired, and we lose many games to finish ... 5th again at the end.
If you take the example of the young players, Arsenal didn't win any major trophy since they started their "let's sell the experienced players at a high price and let's buy cheap young talented players" strategy. So if we have a young team, people will bash our management for the previous reason (no result whereas they have had what they wanted: plenty young talented players).
And if you take the other example, the clubs with many stars ... so people want us to spend 100M in one single mercato. If we fail (like Real Madrid and even like Inter in CL), so the fans will ask for new young players and a better coach ...
So the fans have always something to protest against ... :D
PS: Of course, this post has to be taken ... in a funny way, there is no personal attack !! :510:
Although you have a good point in that fans are difficult if not impossible to satisfy, I think you are not getting the center of the problem here.
The fans, before anything else, wants this club to have a direction! Whether we are going to be Arsenal or Barcelona, at least we'd know where we are going. The way this team is structured now is like a hybrid between everything. They are old and young; they are over the hill and immature; they have heavy wages and high price tags. The result of this hybrid is a team has no balance in its personnel. Our old players don't seem like they care any more; our young players are either too immature to play a major role or simply not talented enough to handle such a heavy load. We pay the highest wage bill in Serie A for a boat load of players who can't perform and handicap ourselves in the transfer market. In this situation, you simply cannot expect the fans to be happy. Especially since the management insist on lying to our faces year after year.
The fans are hard to satisfy, but winning will cure a lot of things. I can guarantee you that there won't be nearly as many complainers here if we are dominating european soccer like we did 6, 7 years ago.
When you don't have Kaka`, R80, and players who have past their primes like Inzaghi and Shevchekno, and with only a Pato it's really difficult to see how Milan can even score.
Oh well.. too many problems that the Milan management did not see... the purchase of R80, Sheva etc. now inevitably raised many eyebrows: Is it ever the right move?
kakacmilan best
26-02-2009, 18:34
I think that Silivo will open is eyes now and also is wallet.
We need a GK= Ochoa/Viviano+Abbiati
We need 2 CB= Santacroce+Bonera+Nesta+Silva+Kjaer+Darmian+M.Rossi+Albrtazzi(loan out 2 from the last 3)
We need 2 Full backs= Zambro+Antonini+Dessena+De Silvestri+Flipe
WE need 2 Mid= Kaka+Ronnie+Gorky+Abeta+Chigarini+Pirlo+Rino+Flamini (We can also sell Pirlo and change the formtion to 4-2-3-1 and buy Canna+Hamsik\Hernanes)
We neek 3 striker= Pato+Pippo+Palochi+Rossi+Di Gennaro
From all of this players 4 will cost us nothing (coming back from loans)+GK will cost 8 mil+CBs will cost 25-30+Full backs will cost 18 mil+Mid will cost 6 mil (or if we sell Pirlo for 20 and buy Hamsik\Hernanes and Canna this will cost 30 mil)+Rossi and Plaoschi and Di Gennaro will cost 25 mil.
All will cost=8+30+18+6\30+25=85\110 mil - selling KK+Ambro+Seedorf (this 3 will give us 15 mil)=70\95
This a lot of money but that team is MINMUM for 5 years and will win a lot of titles!
Line up-my favorite:
Ochoa\Viviano
Zambro\Felipe Nesta Stanacoce\Silva De Silvestri\Desnnea
Rino Canna\Flamini
Hamsik\Hernanes or Gorky
Ronnie Kaka
Pato
or:
Ochoa\Viviano
Zambro\Felipe Nesta Stanacoce\Silva De Silvestri\Desnnea
Rino Canna\Flamini
Kaka Gorky Ronnie
Pato
Plz!!!!!Berlu!!!!
Santacroce and De Silvestri would be a great buy, BUT i really dont think this will happen just for the fact that all milan managment are arrogant.
I think that Silivo will open is eyes now and also is wallet.
We need a GK= Ochoa/Viviano+Abbiati
We need 2 CB= Santacroce+Bonera+Nesta+Silva+Kjaer+Darmian+M.Rossi+Albrtazzi(loan out 2 from the last 3)
We need 2 Full backs= Zambro+Antonini+Dessena+De Silvestri+Flipe
WE need 2 Mid= Kaka+Ronnie+Gorky+Abeta+Chigarini+Pirlo+Rino+Flamini (We can also sell Pirlo and change the formtion to 4-2-3-1 and buy Canna+Hamsik\Hernanes)
We neek 3 striker= Pato+Pippo+Palochi+Rossi+Di Gennaro
From all of this players 4 will cost us nothing (coming back from loans)+GK will cost 8 mil+CBs will cost 25-30+Full backs will cost 18 mil+Mid will cost 6 mil (or if we sell Pirlo for 20 and buy Hamsik\Hernanes and Canna this will cost 30 mil)+Rossi and Plaoschi and Di Gennaro will cost 25 mil.
All will cost=8+30+18+6\30+25=85\110 mil - selling KK+Ambro+Seedorf (this 3 will give us 15 mil)=70\95
This a lot of money but that team is MINMUM for 5 years and will win a lot of titles!
These players could cost more than 110M, and in addition to that, we will never get 70M from Kaladze, Ambro and Seedorf ?!
Kaladze can't be sold at a higher price than 5-6M, especially after this year, Ambro is 5M worth, not more (if an English club was interested, he could maybe be sold 10M), and Seedorf can make us earning 15M. You can't expect more.
And spending 110M in one summer is just crazy, won't happen, and personnally, I don't want that to happen ... if 50M (without counting the players eventually sold) are smartly spent this summer, we can have a competitive squad again.
To finish, actually, I don't want us to spend 100+M, so I don't want 15 new players just because we also need to keep our identity ... we are Milan, we're not a club without any soul like Inter is (maybe was ?).
Now all concentration on CL spot. It takes time to rebuild, but, alas management, youd on't rebuild by buying 30+ folks like Shevchenko.
Yeah, you're right Jeff. They have the tendency of buying players that the team can play with, not the ones the team can't play without, if you know what I'm saying.
kakacmilan best
27-02-2009, 01:30
I ment that we will sell Sedorf and KK and Ambrosini and get 15 mil.
110-15=95 or 85-15=70
Damn, what a fxxxing game last night!
Maybe it's time we fans make some noises to pressure milan management cash serious money in summer.just like what they did to prevent the possible poach of kaka.
I don't ask a reshuffle, I want 3 world class player,a CD can counter air strike, a wingback and a monster center.I know It's going to cost us 100 mil.
edysupriadi
27-02-2009, 03:23
.
I don't ask a reshuffle, I want 3 world class player,a CD can counter air strike, a wingback and a monster center.I know It's going to cost us 100 mil.
Well can I have a new world class coach ? :2whis:
Gabriel489
27-02-2009, 05:10
What a game last night?
I just want to say to all those Carlo's supporters, what do u have to say now.
We sorted this matter pretty much out previously,I think
_MaJi_tz
27-02-2009, 06:42
FAVALLI verso il rinnovo fino al 2010
27.02.2009 11.40 di Antonio Vitiello articolo letto 421 volte
Secondo quanto riportato da sportmediaset.it i rossoneri vanno verso un logico rinnovamento, ma nella rosa 2009/10 potrebbe esserci ancora uno spazio per Giuseppe Favalli. Il difensore, classe 1972 e in scadenza di contratto, non è più sicuro dell'addio a Milanello. La società, considerando il suo patrimonio d'esperienza, potrebbe aprire a un ultimo rinnovo annuale
JOKE OF THE YEAR
What a game last night?
I just want to say to all those Carlo's supporters, what do u have to say now.
Are you serious? You still think that there is still some one left on MM who supports this Cawardlo Acellotti? I doubt that big times. Carlo has turned into a Loser. Sorry for being offensive, but when you lose game after game in a pathetics manner then you become a loser :5milan:
Favalli to extend?? HAHHAHAHAHAHA!! Just sell the club you cheep morons if you dont want to work...
Filipéz 182
27-02-2009, 08:43
Maybe the coach during the training sessions ?
and Brocchi had so much more talent than gourcuff in training sessions :pr78:
and Brocchi had so much more talent than gourcuff in training sessions :pr78:
I'm sorry but Gourcuff was nowhere on the pitch when he played for us ... he didn't have a lot of time, and when he had, he wasted it, so he lost confidence and ... we know what happened next. He wasn't at his current level at all.
Now, if Ancelotti is still there next year, and if Gourcuff comes back, of course, Goucuff will have to play after the 6 excellent months he's done in Bordeaux (still 3 months to go in the season but he needs resting time to perform well again).
So Gourcuff could be the best player in the planet, he lost confidence because he didn't have the playing time on the pitch, it's also his mistake: just compare him to Flamini, Flamini has had about the same problem, but he slowly gets more and more time because he has a "fighting spirit".
Gourcuff was probably too young (it's not a question of age actually, but maturity) to have this spirit. I think now he can battle with our midfielders to get a spot.
So you included Gourcuff into a "Darmian-Albertazzi-Youngsters from our Primavera" discussion, it wasn't justified as for Gourcuff, we know he has talent and we also know why he didn't play (Ancelotti clearly said, unfortunately in medias, that Gourcuff didn't play because he didn't deserve it), whereas we don't know if our former Primavera players really have enough talent to play in Serie A. You can approximately see it only by watching training sessions ? Do you ?
No ... so if these young defenders stay in Milan, if the coach changes, and if they still don't play, that will mean there was a reason for them not playing, and if the coach changes and that we see a starting defence like Albertazzi-Silva-Nesta-Darmian/Mattioni and if of course they play well, in this case, that will mean that Ancelotti wasn't able to make clear choices anymore.
Blame Carlo for having the best CD in the world injured.
Blame Carlo for having the best AM in the world injured.
Blame Carlo for having the former best AM in the world injured.
Blame Carlo for having our best "big forward" injured.
On the game, blame Carlo for Sedorf getting hurt? How bout blaming Carlo for having to play a 35 year game after game with no proper sub?
People, its INJURIES and past prime players killing this team. A lot of these players been on the team a long time and NOW have to be broken up. Are some of willing to let go the Pirlo's, the Ambrosini's, the Gattuso's, the Sedorf's, so they can bring in new hungry talent? How can a coach manage to win games consistently when he's always dealing with major injuries to the team.
Frankly, I don't care for Carlo Ancelloti, but to call him names like coward when his players are always hurt and management doesn't bring in proper reinforcements to the team, is blatantly stupid.
Galliani and Berlusconi that should be shot
To finish, actually, I don't want us to spend 100+M, so I don't want 15 new players just because we also need to keep our identity ... we are Milan, we're not a club without any soul like Inter is (maybe was ?).
Cannot agree with that point... our 'identity' can not based on keeping burned out players forever and ever, Goddamnit.
Cannot agree with that point... our 'identity' can not based on keeping burned out players forever and ever, Goddamnit.
We have to keep some basis ... let's be realistic, we can't buy 11 new players nor 22 new ones !! And anyway, even if we could, that would be pretty stupid to do that.
Changing the team doesn't mean firing/selling everyone: guys like Pirlo or even the joke Kaladze can still be usefull, contrarly to what some say here, but they have to be used properly (for Pirlo, giving him a new role in the team for example, and for Kaladze, he can stay and be a sub for CD/LD, not a starter, because if next year we have a new injury crisis and for example, it's Nesta-Silva-new CD who are all injured, we'll be happy to have Kaladze for some games).
For me, the guys who have to go in any way they want are:
- Dida (we need a promising GK as a sub for Abbiati, if possible someone already at Abbiati level to replace him in the next years), Kalac
- Maldini, Favalli (even if it seems he has extended his contract for one last year), Senderos (it's only a loan so ...), Kaladze if we are sure that we won't have any injury crisis again for a third year in a row (so actually, like I said, I would keep him one more year, just in case ...), Jankulovski (if we don't use him as a sub in midfield, let's sell him)
- Emerson, Seedorf, Ambrosini
- Shevchenko, Inzaghi (or keeping him but as the last striker of the list)
management has to take responsibility for our transfer failings, but carlo has to take responsiblity for poor team selections and tactics. No one forces him to play favalli when antonin is 2 times the player, or emerson when 10 players would be a better option. His time is up, whether the management have supported him properly or not, which they havent. unfortunately we are stuck with berlu and galliani for a long time.
it hurts me more to read some of you than the game we saw yesterday...
so we're out of UEFA cup and have had a mediocre season, full on injuries, with some decisions by Ancelotti that none of us understands (like Favalli over Antonini)... big deal!!!
Tony75 "unfortunately we are stuck with berlu and galliani for a long time"
wow, what short memory...
I wonder if some of you guys would make personal decisions also under these criteria...
it hurts me more to read some of you than the game we saw yesterday...
Tony75 "unfortunately we are stuck with berlu and galliani for a long time"
wow, what short memory...
I wonder if some of you guys would make personal decisions also under these criteria...
Same for me, some people have a very short-term memory ... it doesn't hurt me more than the game itself because I love Milan, I don't love fans ... :D
Tony75 probably forgot that if we are where we are, if we have all these titles, if we are the most title-winning team, if we have such a brilliant history, it's also thanks to Galliani and Berlusconi.
So, some people here should take that in mind and show some respect for these people, it would be nice sometimes, even when they make a clear mistake. Respect ... seems to be a word that a lot of people forgot.
I'm sorry but Gourcuff was nowhere on the pitch when he played for us ... he didn't have a lot of time, and when he had, he wasted it, so he lost confidence and ... we know what happened next. He wasn't at his current level at all.
He wasn't at his current level because he wasn't given much of a chance to get there. Even if he had a couple bad games (more like bad 5 minute appearances...) I don't see why Brocchi a DM should EVER play over Gourcuff a creative midfielder. Especially when it was plain to see how well Gourcuff could play (pre-rib injury).
OCmilano
27-02-2009, 19:19
Players that should (leave, retire, sold, loaned, etc)
GK Zeljko Kalac
MF Clarence Seedorf
FW Filippo Inzaghi <-- This is tough. Not sure about this one
MF Emerson <--will get a yellow card when he is packing
DF Kakhaber Kaladze
DF Paolo Maldini (captain) < i love you man. Thank you for everything
Massimo Ambrosini (vice-captain
DF Giuseppe Favalli
DF Daniele Bonera
Becks and Sendros is not counted because they will leave anyways. Gorky must come back...
I kept Sheva as 3rd striker or even 4th striker to play Coppa games, or be put in for half games. I still have some faith in him and if its not proven sell him in Jan.
I would want to replace these exiting players with our youth team or young prospects that our very hungry. We have Gattuso, Zambro, Sheva, r80 etc to be the veteran support these young talents will need. Im not even close to the knowledge that most of you have on Futbol but this is my opinion and if there is a coach who likes taking chances to play exciting attacking futbol i want them @ Milan asap....
Forza Milan!!!!!!
Would love to know what you guys think about my list?
OCmilano
27-02-2009, 19:54
Report: Italian Magnate Michele Ferrero Wants Milan
Any truth to this?
To me, the key question is: So what?
OCmilano
27-02-2009, 21:29
To me, the key question is: So what?
LOL Thank you for taking the time to not answer my question.
You Moderating ****.
Gabriel489
27-02-2009, 22:57
JUst trying to be fair here, but you must admit, over the past few yrs, Galli and Berlu were not as aggressive as before when it comes to Milan.
Pls don't use the Kaka thing as Berlu just showed his love for Milan....
Think about it, I am not saying they should spend crazy amount and buy the best player in each position. But at least buy players who are actually fit and can still play, on top of that offer contracts to players who can still perform. It is crazy to bring players that other teams do not want into our team and hope that they can regain their form, as if my memory serves me correctly only one person succeed-Cafu.
On top of that, why do Milan offer high wages to players who can no longer perform is beyond me.
Yes, Berlu and Galli are people we should respect due to their past deeds to Milan. But r they really doing their job? Actually, I really don't think Berlu should even comment about Milan as he has a country to run.
I really don't know how the politicial world operates in Italy, but I just can't see Obama, Harper or Wan being the head of state of one country and also comment on the affairs of a professional sports club.
As for Galli, I really don't know what to say about him as to me he is the ultimate fall guy for Berlu.
To me, the key question is: So what?
Well I'm serious: First, if he takes over, does it mean we'll have all the money we can spend? Does it mean Berlusconi doesn't care about Milan anymore? Does it mean Kaka` will be sold $120M for Man City or Real Madrid?
But my honest answer is: no I think it's just plain rumor.
JUst trying to be fair here, but you must admit, over the past few yrs, Galli and Berlu were not as aggressive as before when it comes to Milan.
Pls don't use the Kaka thing as Berlu just showed his love for Milan....
Think about it, I am not saying they should spend crazy amount and buy the best player in each position. But at least buy players who are actually fit and can still play, on top of that offer contracts to players who can still perform. It is crazy to bring players that other teams do not want into our team and hope that they can regain their form, as if my memory serves me correctly only one person succeed-Cafu.
On top of that, why do Milan offer high wages to players who can no longer perform is beyond me.
Yes, Berlu and Galli are people we should respect due to their past deeds to Milan. But r they really doing their job? Actually, I really don't think Berlu should even comment about Milan as he has a country to run.
I really don't know how the politicial world operates in Italy, but I just can't see Obama, Harper or Wan being the head of state of one country and also comment on the affairs of a professional sports club.
As for Galli, I really don't know what to say about him as to me he is the ultimate fall guy for Berlu.
To be fair, they did try to bring in some quality players like Flamini and Pato. IT's easy to take them for granted. Having said though:
1) Beckham (now seem to be playing poorly at the moment)
2) Shevchenko
3) R80 (casting doubt now though he MAY be able to regain his fitness)
4) Favalli (in the first place)
These are just all wrong moves. Plain wrong. On the one hand, we want to have a transition; on the other hand we don't let go of players Shevchenko and that's truly problematic.
To be honest, having old + experienced players are not bad choice: but the management seems to have underestimated the term: injury. Younger players are less likely to get injured (though, I must admit, I don't know how Borriello, at the age of 2x, can be out for the year, while Kaka`, 26? has this on-and-off injury for almost a year now). Maldini is 40yrs old, for Chris sake, and they should have seen it coming that Milan's defense is going to be under heavy siege. Same for Nesta: He is just so unpredictable (in terms of his injury) that you shouldn't even count him as a player now until he fully recovers.
Senderos may have been a solution, but Milan is again trying to play safe and just loan him instead. No problem with that, except I wonder whether Milan is a victim of the recent financial crisis.
Kaladze is just disaster. He should just leave.
I appreciated Seedorf esp. after Wermen's game: His exit spells trouble for Milan: he is slow, yes, but he can keep and distribute the ball. That's important esp. when we have so many DMCs around (Gattuso, Ambro, Flamini).
***
All in all, we need to keep having younger players, but first: Figure out what's wrong with Milan lab and the doctors. I cannot imagine they are not under the microsope of the bald man.
Agree generally.the seedoff part in particular.
Kalazhe can be our 4th CD or leftback sub.I especially miss his performance as a LB.
Gabriel489
28-02-2009, 07:25
I am just going to take North American pro sports as example here.
If the team is talented and struggling, the Coach is the one who is going to get axe. Then if the team continues to make mistakes in acqiuring players and giving out contracts to underacheivers, the GM will get axe. I just don't see Galli ever getting us in Milan.
Anyhow, enough said, any rumors about Zapata in Italy? He should be pretty cheap as he just came back from injury and is surplus to requirment to Udinese
I appreciated Seedorf esp. after Wermen's game: His exit spells trouble for Milan: he is slow, yes, but he can keep and distribute the ball. That's important esp. when we have so many DMCs around (Gattuso, Ambro, Flamini).
I politely disagree with that Jeff. I don't think that we suffered in the second half more because of no player ala Seedorf, player that can distribute the ball. In my opinion it's mainly because of our players' mentality to defend at (almost) all cost (no desire to attack or add goal but only to maintain the 2-0 result) which happened so many times. It's true that Ancelotti finally could do proper substitutions (not like in Serie A when we tried to play without striker and changed the play/formation drastically) and he wanted to keep our formation dan play same (normal play like in the first half) but the mentality was already there. We played like 8-0-2 formation. What we did was only how to swept the ball directly without trying to play the ball and keep the possesion (of course not beautiful possesion like before when we had best of trio pirlo-seedorf-rui) or at least not trying to do a risky play (to defend with 8 players).
If (only if) Werder were the team who led 1 or 2 goals and there were no Seedorf, I believe we could do a much better second half. The problem is, IMO, the mentality when we were already leading (plus of course our shaky defence which almost not allows us to defend at all cost when we were leading).
Other part of your post I agree.
Yes, that's what they usually do in north american pro sports.but there are also teams like Utah jazz,old fashion culture like puritans,same coach for almost 20 years.always a title contender but never a championship;astonished how can they achieve that with their limited talent level.you will love the way they play baketball and the whole system the club runs!
Zapata is a great talent, pretty good already;I want him with us,and ancious to see what level he can evolve into.
Hasan Rossonero
28-02-2009, 08:26
Report: Italian Magnate Michele Ferrero Wants Milan
Any truth to this?
Well, he is richer than Berlu but he is 84.
Not exactly a move for the future.
If Berlusconi is not ready to invest like other big clubs then he can go. I am not a supporter of Berlusconi, but of Milan. Berlusconi is not Milan.
And if Galliani continues to pick wrong players like in past 3-4 years he can go to. There are plenty of younger and competent people in Milan that can to GM job.
On players: Once again I've vitnesset the brilliance of Zhirkov who is a player Milan can use 200%. Able to play LB, LM, LAM... almost identical player as Serginho. Tactically good, GREAT touch and cross, shoot also. Polivalent player who can easily play regular LB as under Hidding he did.
There are nubmer of modern and polivalent players like Kuyt, Babbe etc., that just need to be found.
Galliani has said that if we fail to be 3rd we'll sell some big players and cut wages. And if those big players dont feel like working hard every day and traing with 100% effort, they can all go: Pirlo, Seedorf in front af all.
There are guys like Zhirkov, Montolivo, Gourcuff who are ready to play serious football.
If Berlusconi is not ready to invest like other big clubs then he can go. I am not a supporter of Berlusconi, but of Milan. Berlusconi is not Milan.
And if Galliani continues to pick wrong players like in past 3-4 years he can go to. There are plenty of younger and competent people in Milan that can to GM job.
Yes, you're right there, what I was saying is just it's more and more boring to read "this one is a coward" (you know what I mean with this example ? :D), "this one is an idiot" and other things of that kind ... just because if we all respect Maldini, we also have to respect the people who are in the club, in the management, since so many years too.
That said, back to the "news" ... I can see only two reasons to all these rumours of Berlusconi selling the club:
- if they are true, we are at the end of a cycle for the team, but also for the club, and we will start a new one. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Berlusconi will sell the club only if we are guaranteed to have a lot of money and also that the guy is a true fan of Milan and wants to do good things with the club (you see, not like the Glazers for example, they are rich, but what do they know about football ? That works because in this club, it's Ferguson who manages everything, but in Milan and more generally in Italy, the president has to take so many choices, he has to know the universe of football)
- if they are false, I just see that as medias trying to use Milan for their headlines, maybe also some political goals into these reports (if Berlusconi can use Milan for politics, his opponents can do the same, when Berlu says "I don't sell Kaka'", it's good for him, his image, if opponents launch a rumour that he will sell the club, it's not good for him) and an attempt to fragilize us and make us being in a crisis ... because nowadays, we are like Chelsea, we look in crisis when we are in Top 3.
And to finish, I just read a report from Ancelotti saying we'll qualify for the CL and that he will be on the bench next year ... some people will be angry, what I just notice is that he didn't say like everytime "I'll be on the bench for years/long time" ...
spina_don
28-02-2009, 12:03
Favalli renewing hurts me really bad...its like a pain in my chest..b/c wen players like him renew carlo would still play him which we dont' want..can't he respect himself and retire!!!
Favalli renewing hurts me really bad...its like a pain in my chest..b/c wen players like him renew carlo would still play him which we dont' want..can't he respect himself and retire!!!
Think about it twenty seconds ... the guy is old, he plays sometimes in Milan, Milan proposes an extension for one more year, what do you do if you're him ? I don't have any problem with his extension as far as he is used next year as our 5th or 6th choice for DC (which means he will never play) ...
PS: He has been decent this year, better than Senderos and Kaladze for example.
^^^ Why should we be paying about 2 mil a year (Favalli's probable wages), for a 5th/6th choice CD. Total waste of money...that spot could easily go to a youth player. Especially considering the rules on the number of homegrown players per team.
Seedorf is very special, a key player in Ancelotti's scheme. Every time he does not play, we suffer. Didn't he miss out on last season's match against Arsenal also? Without him, we seemed to lose control of the match. I guess that's probably why Ancelotti always went for him.
It is sad that we don't have an adequate substitute since Seedorf is getting less and less reliable and less and less motivated. But it is hard to replace him with another person that can reads the game and controls the tempo as well as he does.
Also, Shevchenko is officially over. I hope that we send him back to England or Ukraine. He contributed absolutely nothing and I really don't know why Ancelotti sent him in for Pippo.
Well, he is richer than Berlu but he is 84.
Not exactly a move for the future.
Ah, but if this rumor were to materialize as fact, it might well be a move for the future. Ferraro relinquished the day-to-day operations of the chocolate empire to his sons, both of whom are in their mid-40s, some years ago. I would have to assume that they (or at least one of them) would also be put in charge of the club.
Personally, I will never forget what Silvio did to save Milan from bankruptcy and turn the club back into champions. Even though I completely disagree with the fascist bastard on political matters, I will always love him as a club owner for what he did. But in recent years it seems he has been far more interested in politics than he has been in the club, so I think him selling the club might not be a bad thing. It would just depend on how the new owners decided to run it.
Graeme C
28-02-2009, 14:09
Theres nothing on the acmilan homepage saying it has offically been extended. The management are in danger of further alienating fans if they were stupid enough to extend it.
Juventus - Napoli HT. Santacroce was outstanding in the back. His positioning is just incredible and the way he marks is great. His tactical awareness allowed him to intercept a lot of passes. He created a couple of off-sides as well. I like the way this player plays the game, and as it has been mentioned on the forum a lot of times........he can be a starting block to build our rock solid defence again, keeping in mind that we also have Silva for next year as well. Our back line needs so much attention, that we should really splash some cash on Fabiano.
Graeme C
28-02-2009, 15:39
Juventus - Napoli HT. Santacroce was outstanding in the back. His positioning is just incredible and the way he marks is great. His tactical awareness allowed him to intercept a lot of passes. He created a couple of off-sides as well. I like the way this player plays the game, and as it has been mentioned on the forum a lot of times........he can be a starting block to build our rock solid defence again, keeping in mind that we also have Silva for next year as well. Our back line needs so much attention, that we should really splash some cash on Fabiano.
yep thats why i think he should be our first main target, and just pay decent money for him. Think about it, buy a good youngster who is 22. potentially you wouldnt have to buy another good CB for a least 10 years?
Santacroce tonight - 10. Played practically as a RB in defensive phase, outsprinted Giovinco (!), outheaded Amauir, read the game brilliantly...
We need a defender and are drazy in we dont invest in this man, crazy.
Yes, you're right there, what I was saying is just it's more and more boring to read "this one is a coward" (you know what I mean with this example ? :D), "this one is an idiot" and other things of that kind ... just because if we all respect Maldini, we also have to respect the people who are in the club, in the management, since so many years too.
I dont have to respect that one, I dont owe him nothing. I never liked him, and I always said he is not a great coach. And a claim that he is a coward will stand always next to his name becouse he is a coward. As a human he is a coward, as a coach he is a coward...
Hasan Rossonero
28-02-2009, 16:51
For the first time as a Milan fan (I have been supporting this club since 1987), I feel that we are on the cusp of massive upheaval. I think Berlu will sell the club, and if we don't qualify for the CL (God forbid), then Kaka' will definitely leave to Real. There's something wrong at the club--I can feel it. It's not the same. The media theatrics regarding Kaka', the far from assured interviews of the management and players, Berlu's hands-off approach, and the abysmal performances on the pitch all point to an impending change--whether good or bad, time will tell.
ginoformaggino
28-02-2009, 18:09
For the first time as a Milan fan (I have been supporting this club since 1987), I feel that we are on the cusp of massive upheaval. I think Berlu will sell the club, and if we don't qualify for the CL (God forbid), then Kaka' will definitely leave to Real. There's something wrong at the club--I can feel it. It's not the same. The media theatrics regarding Kaka', the far from assured interviews of the management and players, Berlu's hands-off approach, and the abysmal performances on the pitch all point to an impending change--whether good or bad, time will tell.
... I would add the last 3 insane and inexplicable (?) summer markets :rolleyes:
It's clear that Berlu & Galliani no longer care enough about Milan. They might want success, but put in weak efforts to achieve it, and this has been the case for several years now. They've had their time. Milan will always remain, but the direction they are taking it is down. It's time for a change. New blood, new money, new direction, new ideas.
If someone continually lies to you, even if they've brought great happiness in the past would you still respect them? Neither would I.
Blame Carlo for having the best CD in the world injured.
Blame Carlo for having the best AM in the world injured.
Blame Carlo for having the former best AM in the world injured.
Blame Carlo for having our best "big forward" injured.
On the game, blame Carlo for Sedorf getting hurt? How bout blaming Carlo for having to play a 35 year game after game with no proper sub?
Nobody blames Carlo for these things. We (now officially the anti-Carlo group :firedev: ) blame him for these things:
- Not developing Gorky as a replacement for Rui and Seedorf in 2 seasons
- Not trying to form a Gilardinho-Pato partnership (2007-2008)
- Some times using Pato as a winger last season
- Making Seedorf his main man and depending so much on him
- Using the likes of Favalli, Emerson, Ambrosini, Sendros Kaladze, Dida, Brocchi ahead of the likes of Bonera, Janku (MF), Gorky, and specially Flamini and Antonini
- Dropping Ronaldinho out of starting 11 for Seedorf :wallbang:
***************************************
I personally don't comment on the management of ACM, simply because there are things involved in running the best club of the world beyond the knowledge of us (fans). However I do firmly believe that the current ACM squad is as good as any one in Europe. e.g
Attackers
Barca - Messi, Henry, Eto'o
ManU - C.Ronaldo, Berbatov, Tevez & Ronney
Inter - Ibra & Adriano
Bayern - Ribery, Schwashnider, Toni & Klose (BEST)
Madrid - Robben, Higuain, Raul & Huntelaar
Chelsea - J.Cole, Anelka & Drogba
ACM - Kaka, Ronaldinho & Pato. Borrie missing so (Not bad)
Midfielders
Barca - Xavi, Ineista & Yaya Toure
ManU - Carrick, Giggs & Scholes
Inter - Stankovic, Cambiasso & Zanetti
Bayern - Van Bommel & Ze Roberto
Madrid - Schnider, Van Dar Waart & Gago
Chelsea - Lampard, Ballack, Deco & Mikil (BEST)
ACM - Flamini, Janku, Pirlo & Seedorf. Gattuso missing (Not Bad)
Defenders
Barca - Puyol, Marquez, Abidal & Dani Alvez (BEST)
ManU - Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra & Rafael
Inter - Chivu, Cordoba, Santon & Maicon
Bayern - Lucio, Van Buten, Dimichelis, Sagnol, Oddo & Lahm
Madrid - Cannavaro, Pepe, Metzelder, Heinze & Ramos
Chelsea - Terry, Alex, Carvalho, A.Cole & Bosingwa
ACM - Maldini, Bonera, Antonini & Zambrotta. Nesta missing (Not Bad)
*******************************
I can't understand why some fans here blame Maldini and some blaming the management :dontkn: If these available players are sent out in a proper formation, ACM can beat any one on any day, but I guess Carlo has completely lost it. I am 1000% sure that if Jose Mourinho, L.F.Scholari or Frank Rijkaard were instead of Carlo, ACM would rite now be in the last 16 of UEFA Cup and ahead of Inter in Serie A table, because I can't see in happening that bottom half teams coming to San Siro and beating ACM or getting draws under Jose Mourinho :gun:
This is a typical Carlo 11 these days
------------------------Abbiatti------------------------
---Zambrotta---Kaladze/Sendros---Maldini---Janku------
--------Beckham---------Pirlo----Ambrosni/Emerson-----
----------------Kaka/Ronnie----Seedorf-----------------
--------------------------Pato-------------------------
This team is so predictable these days & without Kaka its almost impossible t win :devs: Plus I am sure that Carlo would continue the same way, the most nightmare of things would be his potential decision of making Ambroisni the captain. That would be it, the end of the show :w163: Kaka should be the next captain and the should be no 2 ways about it. If Gattuso doesn't like, sell him to Bayern :devf:
Jose Mourinho would have gone like this
-------------------Abbiatti-------------------
---Antonini---Bonera---Maldini---Zambrotta---
--------Gourcoff----Flamini----Pirlo/Seedorf---
----------Kaka------Pato-----Ronnie----------
Now this team can beat the hell out of any team in Europe :r14: An ironic thing is that ACM could have hired Jose ahead of Inter after the disaster of last season. Jose was free, remember? :wallbang:
Bottom Line: Change the Coach
What has happened to Barca is a prime example for us
Thanks a lot Carlo, Good Luck and Bye Bye! :kap:
mzk57, I think I agree with you in principle - We need a new coach. But it's not all his fault. Our squad isn't that good, which is the fault of our management. It's true with our Ideal XI fit for fight we should be higher in the standings, but there's always injuries (esp. with older players) and our 2nd string is just too weak. That's something that separates us from the other top clubs. Chelsea have Alex and Ivanovic as their backup CBs we have Bonera (not bad) and Kaladze (really bad). At what other top club would Kaladze and Favalli get any starts? And it's not so much Carlo's fault, because who else could he chose?
Also I wouldn't like Mourinho as our coach, the style of his football is awful. And I'm sure many if not most of milanistas were drawn to the club at least partially by it's stylish football in the past. Also, do you really expect Mou to play with Flamini as the only DM in the squad?!? In Porto he always played the likes of Costinha and Maniche, in Chelsea Makelele and Essien, and now he's playing with Zanetti, Cambiasso and Muntari at the same time.
ps. IMO Bayern's attack isn't the strongest in Europe, it's Barca's.
I am tired of getting this prolonged argument and arriving nowhere (I mean, Kaka might have stayed since he felt the warmth of the supporters, but the management won't change because of us fans whining), so I won't put forward any effort in such a "scholarly" debate. I will just what I think, short and crispy: Ancelotti's time is up. He is at fault, but the much bigger culprit is Galliani, only with an even bigger culprit in Berlusconi. I echo the thoughts of many here, and I am concerned and worried.
Also I wouldn't like Mourinho as our coach, the style of his football is awful.
I am shocked to hear that. Jose is the number 1 by a mile. His style of play is simple, 'Play to Win' & thats what we fans want :p283: Do you think that Jose is a defensive minded coach? I have seen him through out his Chelsea time and I still can't forget what fluent and attractive football Chelsea used to play in 2004-2005 after the starting months of the season. They were almost unplayable. The attack of Gudjohnsen, Drogba, Robben, Duff and Lampard was ripping teams apart in EPL. I can't forget when Chelsea were down in Carling cup final against Liverpool and Jose made the formation 4-2-4 with Lampard, Gudjohnsen, Duff, J.Cole, Drogba and Kezman in 6 men attack. That was a special stroke by the special one, which resulted in his 1st trophy with Chelsea (you can check the records)
That season Drogba, Gudjohnsen, Robben & Duff scored 10-15 goals and Lampard scored 20+ (as usual). How could these players do that if Jose was a defensive coach? Under Jose Chelsea managed these results:
ManU 1-3 Chelsea at Old Trafford 2005
Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona 2005
Chelsea 4-2 Bayern Munich 2005
Liverpool 1-4 Chelsea at Anfield 2005
Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea at Highbury 2006
Chelsea 3-0 ManU 2006
Valencia 1-2 Chelsea 2007
I don't think its possible to achieve these kind of results without being attack minded & Jose is the man for that.
Also, do you really expect Mou to play with Flamini as the only DM in the squad?!? In Porto he always played the likes of Costinha and Maniche, in Chelsea Makelele and Essien, and now he's playing with Zanetti, Cambiasso and Muntari at the same time.
Yes i do expect that to happen if Jose were at ACM. Because at Chelsea when ever Makalele & Essien played together, Essien didn't just sat back and defended, he use to go forward from the right side and had fair share of attacking contributions. As for his Porto days, well winning UCL with Porto was a incredible achievement by itself, no matter how you do it with Porto, its acceptable & personally I don't rate Maniche as a DM. He is a fine box to box player and can assist/score goals. And as for Inter, well I don't think he has got much options there. The other midfielders are Vieira (DM), Solari (average MF), Mancini (Flop of Serie A) & Figo (36,37?). Remember Inter wanted Lampard
ps. IMO Bayern's attack isn't the strongest in Europe, it's Barca's.
We will see that in UCL final :de3:
And by the way I am not a Chelsea fan, but I am Jose fan :510:
GilAttack [11]
01-03-2009, 13:06
I heard Milan want Victor Valdes (GK, Barcelona). What a joke if this is true.
Keep it up, Galliani!
:delol:
Dr Milano
01-03-2009, 13:21
Gonna keep my faith in Carlo Ancelotti :5ok: He ll help bring the days of 2003-2007 back those cl winning moments :proud:
Forza Milan Forza Ancelotti
CL winning moments while being an embarrassment in the league...lol
rosoneri_11
01-03-2009, 13:49
Does anyone here believe that in summer we will sign a great DC, a great LB, a great Midfielder and a great Striker? The positions that our team is having big problems.
Does anyone believe that we can buy 4 great players in 1 summer?
I don't believe the team will be very different next season.I can see Inter winning and the next serie-a too easily if we don't make big signs.
And please, even if Carlo is the bets coach of the world right now, he is not the best for Milan. His era is finished.He must understood it, he must be sucked.
bLOND !-,-!
01-03-2009, 14:58
i think that we don't need other players except 1, only 1 but world class defender, that's it..
and ofcourse returning back of Gourcuff, but that's not an actual transfer, that's just a returning back of our player.....
that's it
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I am shocked to hear that. Jose is the number 1 by a mile. His style of play is simple, 'Play to Win' & thats what we fans want :p283: Do you think that Jose is a defensive minded coach? I have seen him through out his Chelsea time and I still can't forget what fluent and attractive football Chelsea used to play in 2004-2005 after the starting months of the season. They were almost unplayable.
I am shocked as well :sagrin:. Not all fans are satisfied with "just" winning, and I for one very much appreciate beautiful football á la Barca. Of course winning is the most important, and I'd take Mou's approach over our current standards any day. But Chelsea generally played BORING football like Liverpool do.
Does anyone here believe that in summer we will sign a great DC, a great LB, a great Midfielder and a great Striker? The positions that our team is having big problems.
Does anyone believe that we can buy 4 great players in 1 summer?
I don't believe the team will be very different next season.I can see Inter winning and the next serie-a too easily if we don't make big signs.
And please, even if Carlo is the bets coach of the world right now, he is not the best for Milan. His era is finished.He must understood it, he must be sucked.
Isn't it already the case with Seedorf ? :guw:
About your first part, I think there is going to be "smart invests", anyway I hope ... what are "smart invests" ? It's spending money on needed players, usefull players, with the right level to perform in Milan. That said, for me, a "smart invest" is not splashing 100+M for 3-4 star players for example. Also, a "smart invest" is not taking a player on loan (we're Milan ?! We loan players ...) and to finish, it's not taking 4-5 players over 30yo.
So actually, the best would be:
- a leading star in one of the areas we need (CD or Striker)
- young (between 20 and 25 actually) and hungry talented players for the other areas
About Inter, don't forget that even if we struggle one more year (that would be boring to struggle again next year lol), Juventus, Fiorentina and Roma are going to try to come (back) to the level of Inter ...
And please, even if Carlo is the bets coach of the world right now, he is not the best for Milan. His era is finished.He must understood it, he must be sucked.
The expression is sacked, mate ;)
We also need a top wingback.mattionni unprovened yet.antonni better be 4th or 5th option,he is tactital-wise and works hard but obviously lack talent.
We need some young players with dynamic qualities who are willing to run and fight for us. But more importantly, we need a new approach both from the coaching and management level.
I'd be really pissed off if we did not get Gourcuff back. Him, Flamini, Pato, and Kaka could be our backbone for the future.
Simply, there are few players Milan needs to try and sign. Players like Santacroce, Gourcuff, Benzema.
Those players are top class and completely capable to play for the next 10 years in Milan's first 11.
Note on Benzema: he is a perfect forvard Milan needs. Toni, Drogba are old now, Eto'o is not a poweerfull CF. And Benzema is phisically powerfull player whoose natural playing position is classical CF, and PAto's natural habit is playing as seconda punta. Those two players complement eachother perfectly. More then for examplae Eto'o - Pato...
For us Benzema is a perfect choice.
Exactly. It may seem like Benzema is expensive, and he is, but if we take that chance and he ends up helping us be a force for the next 5-10 years then it's well worth it. And if he ends up flopping, then so be it, he is young, we can at least recoup some of the money.
What pisses me off is the managment's attitude. Instead of buying a Benzema or a Ribery, we go and give Beckham a contract, or extend contracts for players like Favalli, who are nothing more than short term, band-aid solutions and will have no bearing to the club's future. You wonder whether they do any planning at Milanello?
Gabriel489
02-03-2009, 03:44
Mrki, surprisingly, I agree with you 100%, I believe thats the first time it happened. Lets drink up for that.
I don't agree with what some of you are saying like 4-5 players changes... I think fine tuning is a must and most importantly, the Carlo must go in order for a new Coach to install brand new ideas and formats into the players.
Guys that must be gone and (reason)
Maldini(retire)
Kaladaze(he sucks)
Dida(he sucks)
Kalac(he sucks)
Favalli(too expensive as a 5th string CB)
Sanderus(r u kidding)
Seedorf(time for him to move on)
Emerson(r u kidding)
Sheva(he sucks)
Incoming players:
Gourcuff(back from loan)
Canini(if that first option is true)
Astori(back from loan)
Abate(great great speed)
Santacroce(no comments), if not Lucio for three years and then get Santacroce when he is 25.
Benzema(future of our attack)
Another GK.
In short, Milan is really signing 4 players, 1 GK, Benzema, Santacroce or Lucio and Canini as the others are either on loan or part own.
With those signings, our lineup would be, assuming Nesta is injured.
Abbiati
Zambro-T. Silva-Santacroce/Lucio-Janku
Gattuso-Flamini
Gourcuff-Kaka
Pato-Benzema
Bench: GK, Canini, Dinho, Beckham, Pirlo, Abate, Borreillo
Ambro, Astori, Darmian, Pippo, GK, Cardacio, and Albertezzi
25 men squad.
bLOND !-,-!
02-03-2009, 03:59
my perfect lineup for the next season would be:
-------------abbiati-----------------
mattioni-thiago-nesta/santacroce-zambro
gattuso---------------flamini
--------gourcuff/pirlo-------
---------kaka------------
pato--------------boriello
for me, ronaldinho is just like seedorf or pirlo, he plays really really great in 2/10 games, he is very lazy, and he is not returning to the defense when it is needed.... just like seedorf or pirlo...
Gabriel, I agree with what you're saying, barring two things: Firstly I'd definately get another fullback, to play on the opposite flank of Zambro (so it could be either a LB or a RB). Janku isn't good enough defensively. Secondly I'm not sure Dinho would take kindly to sitting on the bench when we're playing our ideal XI. So one of our tasks when looking for a new coach is to find one who can untie our Gordian knot: to get Kaká and Dinho to gel.
Exactly. It may seem like Benzema is expensive, and he is, but if we take that chance and he ends up helping us be a force for the next 5-10 years then it's well worth it. And if he ends up flopping, then so be it, he is young, we can at least recoup some of the money.
We'll lose a lot of money in the balance with this player if he flops ... so if we take him, we have to be sure he'll be able to play here and score, score, score (and sometimes pass).
Aulas won't sell him at less than 60-80M ... if he flops, we won't be able to sell him at more than 20M.
PS: For mzk, is it a real need to have a signature as big as your one ?!
I'd love to see Benzema wearing Milan jersey. But honestly, since many clubs are wanting him, his price will be out of our reach.
I think the management will give Borriello one more year to prove himself since he's out for most of this season. I believe most of us don't believe he's the ideal CF we've been wanting, but alas, Galliani does! So write off the place for tall CF of your list.
I think Sheva will be gone in the summer too, and that leaves us one more spot. What do you guys think of Tevez? SAF doesn't seem want to offer him a new contract. He has skill, great mentality (won the MVP in Brasilian league is quite a feat for an Argentinian IMO) and determination, and though he won't come cheap, at least I assume he'll cost a bit lower than Benzema
What do you guys think of Tevez? SAF doesn't seem want to offer him a new contract. He has skill, great mentality (won the MVP in Brasilian league is quite a feat for an Argentinian IMO) and determination, and though he won't come cheap, at least I assume he'll cost a bit lower than Benzema
I believe his price is around 35 millions (pounds or euros, i can't remember), which in my view is too much considering his goal tally. He's a great warrior, true, but I just don't think we should spend that sort of money on someone who plays pretty much in the same position as Pato. If we are to sign another forward it should be a genuine CF, a target man.
On the other hand, he'll give us some much needed work rate specially in the opposing third. I'm just arguing for the heck of it.. I don't want Tevez at Milan.
I don't think we need a big name like Benzema (though having him would be great). We already have Pato, Kaka and R80, so even if this new CF is able to provide Pato and Kaka some space to work, his job will be largely done even if he doesn't score 20 goals per season. Pato will be scoring like crazy if this plan works to perfection.
This new CF would have to better than Boriello but less high profile than Benzema. Someone like Berbatov would be good.
Gabriel489
02-03-2009, 08:20
Well, another CF comes to mind is Adriano.
I just have this strong feeling that Lucio will be playing for Milan next year. On top of that, I think Milan will sign Agger, since he is available. Santacroce is a dream, but I do think if he is available, Milan will be one of the teams that will try to sign him.
Well, another CF comes to mind is Adriano.
I just have this strong feeling that Lucio will be playing for Milan next year. On top of that, I think Milan will sign Agger, since he is available. Santacroce is a dream, but I do think if he is available, Milan will be one of the teams that will try to sign him.
I don't think Adriano will move from Inter (maybe you speak about another Adriano, striker in Brazil for example ? There are so many Adrianos ... :D) because he has suddenly become again a player loved by his coach and fans. It's so weird how fast that happened !!
Anyway, I just thought about Mario Gomez when I read "tall striker" in a post. He's not as good as Benzema nor Pato, but I think he is better or at least at the same level (but younger) than Borriello. We totally forgot him on this forum, he was hype last year, but since he didn't play well in the last Euro and he hasn't done an amazing season (13 goals for 21 games played so far, it's good actually). So he could be a risk, but his price should have dropped a little too, so it would be less risky to take him this summer than when some people spoke about him last year. And what I'm sure about is that by coming in Milan, he would do a better season than Boriello, Shevchenko and Inzaghi 2008-2009 all together !!
PS: A lot of strikers would do better than all of them this season !! :guw:
Gabriel489
02-03-2009, 08:55
Gomez is another one, but I think he is destine to play for Bayern, as Klose and TOni will be 32 next year, which makes them perfect for Milan.
TO be honest, what will happen at the end of this season is, we will finish in the CL spot 3rd or 4th, and we all celebrate b/c it was hard fought....the truth is that, we are Milan and we should always finish in the top 3 in the league and always challenge for the TOP SPOT at least till the last 2 weeks of the season.
Gabriel489
02-03-2009, 08:55
Another player I would love to see in Milan is Zhirkov.
I'm sorry but Gourcuff was nowhere on the pitch when he played for us ... he didn't have a lot of time, and when he had, he wasted it, so he lost confidence and ... we know what happened next. He wasn't at his current level at all.
Now, if Ancelotti is still there next year, and if Gourcuff comes back, of course, Goucuff will have to play after the 6 excellent months he's done in Bordeaux (still 3 months to go in the season but he needs resting time to perform well again).
So Gourcuff could be the best player in the planet, he lost confidence because he didn't have the playing time on the pitch, it's also his mistake: just compare him to Flamini, Flamini has had about the same problem, but he slowly gets more and more time because he has a "fighting spirit".
Gourcuff was probably too young (it's not a question of age actually, but maturity) to have this spirit. I think now he can battle with our midfielders to get a spot.
Oh my God, Geo, you're so impressive !! It's exactly what said Ancelotti in an interview published yesterday I think in a French magazine !!
Yeah I'm speaking to myself, that's very cool ... :D
So what Ancelotti said is (I translate):
"You know, Milan is a club where you need to prove your value very quickly. I understand his disapointment, it's not easy just to play some small parts of games, but when I gave him some minutes on the pitch, he used to want to prove too much he was worth playing, and his prestation tended to be only individual. He wasn't able to play 'for the team (I mean, the contrary of individual lol)' ... He must still work on his mental to be a great player, he gave up too quickly. He is a very good player, no doubt, but his mental was his main problem in Milan."
Christian
02-03-2009, 09:42
Oh my God, Geo, you're so impressive !! It's exactly what said Ancelotti in an interview published yesterday I think in a French magazine !!
Yeah I'm speaking to myself, that's very cool ... :D
So what Ancelotti said is (I translate):
"You know, Milan is a club where you need to prove your value very quickly. I understand his disapointment, it's not easy just to play some small parts of games, but when I gave him some minutes on the pitch, he used to want to prove too much he was worth playing, and his prestation tended to be only individual. He wasn't able to play 'for the team (I mean, the contrary of individual lol)' ... He must still work on his mental to be a great player, he gave up too quickly. He is a very good player, no doubt, but his mental was his main problem in Milan."
I remember i saw an interview with Martin Laursen a couple of months ago, he talked about his time at Milan and how Milan had always been his favorite club, yet he had a terrible time here. He said that the biggest problem he had, was the lack of confidence from the coach (Ancelotti), he was afraid that each time he did a minor mistake, he'd be subbed, and this utlimatly had a negative impact on his performance. Now he is ofcouse a profesional footballer so he 'should' be able to perform regardless, but the truth is that some players just needs a bit of confidence, a bit of reassurence that the coach 'believes' in them, so to speak. I think Gourcuff needed that confidence, he's undoubtedly extremly talented, and the coach should do everthing he can to get the best out of the player, and ultimatly if the player doesn't perform to the best of his ability the coach is also at fault.
Look at Wenger, he has (or used to have) young players performing like veterans each week, players with alot less talent than Gourcuff are given confidence and performs better therefor. Now sometimes his patience with some players seems to extreme, but i still think that Carlo can learn from him.
Gabriel489
02-03-2009, 09:44
Interesting Geo, quoting yourself.
Well if Carlo really said something like that, I guess he is trying to show that he is willing to develop youngsters.......
TO me, Carlo is a goner once he lost the match this past Sunday.
How about these center forwards apart from Karim Benzema:
Huntelaar: Not very happy at Real
Fabiano: Must be looking for a bigger club
Afonso Alvez: I know he has been terrible at Middelsbrough, but the guy is Brazillian and has got the potential. Scored goals for fun in the Dutch league
Paveluchenko: I know he can be a hit, just bring him!
Lisandro Lopez: He has scored some thing like 18 goals in 25 matches in UCL for Porto (if I am not mistaken)
Kun Aguero: He is a dynamite. I would love to see him playing with Kaka
PS: For mzk, is it a real need to have a signature as big as your one ?!
Yes, because that mzk57's signature :devs:
Well actually I know you are a nice guy, but some times you have to take out it from your chest, otherwise it will kill you :gun:
Ok I am modifying my signature. I don't hate Carlo. I like him. us that the recent results has pissed off me :angf:
Forza Carlo, but plz go now. Go and save Parma or Lazio :smileani:
Hasan Rossonero
02-03-2009, 10:26
Marca reports that Galliani said everything is possible regarding Kaka' if Perez is president of Real.
Anything is possible when he is the vice president of Milan too, like buying Sheva after the loan.
I can't even begin to play the merry-go-round of players who will come or who we need. To me, the simplest things to look at are who will our new coach be next year? and will Kaka' be gone? I'm nervous about the latter, big time...
Anything is possible when he is the vice president of Milan too, like buying Sheva after the loan.
But let's not forget that if Shevchenko is back, it's because of (and not thanks to for this player lol) Berlusconi and only Berlusconi ...
There is an entire article on TMW about who are the true responsible people of our current situation. To summarize it:
- Berlusconi for the past mercatos and especially the last one. Berlusconi also for the story around Kaka' ... and to finish, Berlusconi because for them, it's his fault if we can't procude any young promising star in our formation camp.
- Galliani for our last winter mercato, instead of fixing some of our problems immediately, he bought a player for next year (maybe we'll thank him next year, but not now), and two loans, one for a player who only played one friendly game for moment, and one for a 30+ years old player who played well for 4 games only
- our medical staff, or Milan Lab, like you want, like they say in the article, that is quite funny, Milan Lab was like Lourdes some years ago, miracles happened there, but nowadays, it's worse than a small hospital (they quote one, I don't know why this one especially)
In this article, they don't give a lot of responsability to Ancelotti because for them, we should thank him for winning titles in his years which were the ones when we invested the less ...
And again from TMW (so, let's not believe everything, especially because htey don't give their source), from the 4 hours-reunion from today, our management would have definite our objectives in terms of mercato, the ones if we finish third:
PORTIERE: confermato a pieni voti Abbiati, si cerca un giovane che possa crescere e dare continuità al progetto indiziati sono Handanovic (Udinese) e Marchetti (Cagliari), ma non si possono escludere piste estere o brasiliane.
Confirmed Abbiati, they look for a young GK who can improve and give some continuity.
Choices: Handanovic from Udinese or Marchetti from Cagliari. We can't exclude any target from abroad and Brazil.
DIFESA: il sogno è Mexes, molto dipenderà dalla situazione di Nesta, Thiago Silva è sicuro titolare, si punta su Agger (8 mln), Gael Clichy (10 mln), ma non sono stati dimenticati Alex (10 mln) e, Santacroce (10 mln), che con Mattioni, Zambrotta, Jankulovski, Bonera, Kaladze e Antonini (sempre che non diventi pedina di scambio), garantiranno longevità ad un reparto ormai logoro.
The dream is Mexes, but it depends on the situation with Nesta.
Thiago Silva is sure to be a starter.
Choices: Agger (8M) and Clichy (10M), but no denial for Alex (10M) and Santacroce (10M).
Mattioni, Bonera, Kaladze, Zambrotta, Jankulovski and Antonini are sure to stay (except for Antonini who could be used for negociations).
CENTROCAMPO: detto di Ambro e Seedorf, si punta dritto sul "riacquistare" il francesino Gourcuff (ha stupito con la sua crescita in club e nazionale), si pensa a Montolivo (se la Fiorentina non entrasse in champions potrebbe cederlo per 15 mln) e, a Palombo jolly che farebbe non poco comodo, ma si caldeggia anche la pista Diarra (Real Madrid).
Ambrosini will leave, as well as Seedorf to allow us to convince Gourcuff to come back.
Choices: Montolivo from Fiorentina if they fail to be in Top 4 (15M), and Palombo or Diarra from Madrid (Lassana or Mahmadou ?)
ATTACCO: sicura la partenza di Sheva (torna al Chelsea per fine prestito), Borriello dovrebbe avere un'altra chance, ma se dovessero esserci buone offerte potrebbe entrare tra i cedibili o in qualche scambio (magari propio con la Roma per Mexes o Napoli per uno dei gioielli partenopiei Hamsik,Gargano o Santacroce), Kakà e Pato restano punti fermi, Ronaldinho semi-incedibile, rimane da capire cosa farà Inzaghi, perchè a prescindere da tutto quest'anno dovrebbe arrivare la tanto agoniata punta di "peso", i nomi sono pochi e costosi, Adebayor sembra essere l'indiziato, ma attenzione alla sorpresa Remì.
Sheva is sure to go (back in Chelsea).
Borriello should be given another chance, except if there are big offers or if we need him in negociations to have one of the players quoted (Mexes, Hamsik, Gargano or Santacroce).
Kaka' and Pato stay for sure. Ronaldinho is almost sure to stay too.
For Inzaghi, it depends on him.
Choices: Adebayor as first choice, but maybe the surprise Remi (who ? Remi from where ?)
So like I said, no source, everything may be false ... :D
Christian
02-03-2009, 11:45
Hate to ask, but whats TMW?
Anyways everything you quoted there seems very reasonable, maybe even to reasonable. Only thing i can think of is Adabayor, wouldn't want him at Milan, he's a disastor in Arsenal, can't see how we could let Borriello go and get Adabayor, he misses more sitters than Gila.
And whats up with Milan and buying players that have good games against us? Flamini, Adabayor were great against us when we played Arsenal. Ronaldinho was amazing when we played Barca, when he scored that crazy goal from the edge of the area.
edit:
Also alot of those players would be absolutly ace. Clichy + one of the 3 defenders, Agger, Santacroce or Alex would have us set in defence for years. Montolivo, Palombo? Yes please.
For Palombo, to be honest, I didn't see him a lot of times and didn't notice if he played yesterday, nor how well he played if he did ...
Let's not forget there were also some reports of us wanting him on loan this winter just after the injury of Gattuso.
About TMW, it's Tuttomercatoweb, an Italian website.
And about their article, I think they live in a dreaming world with some of the prices they wrote ...
Christian
02-03-2009, 12:14
About TMW, it's Tuttomercatoweb, an Italian website.
And about their article, I think they live in a dreaming world with some of the prices they wrote ...
Yea I see what you mean. It's more the nature of the targets i think is good. Instead of going after redicouless targets like Bojan or Sergio Aguero the targets seem to adress our needs a bit more.
Palombo did indeed play against us, and I think he had a good game, he's a defensive midfielder ala a younger Ambrosini.
Filipéz 182
02-03-2009, 12:34
Marchetti, Clichy, Santacroce, Palombo, Montolivo, Gourcuff, G.Rossi! Bring them in :D
Hasan Rossonero
02-03-2009, 12:38
Kaka To Real Madrid? With Perez As President Anything Is Possible - Galliani
The AC Milan chief admits that the future is not clear for his Brazilian maestro...
02-Mar-2009 7:35:08 PM
Photo Gallery
Zoom
AC Milan president, Adriano Galliani, has admitted today that if Florentino Perez were to take over at Real Madrid, Kaka could move there.
There have been reports of the former president using the Brazilian as his main tool for candidacy this summer, and this seems more and more likely with the words coming from the Milan president.
Galliani, who is known to be good friends with Perez, told Marca that he knows the man responsible for the Galatico era could do many things at Madrid.
"I have not spoken about Kaka, but I know that with the friends Florentino has, anything is possible," he mused.
"Florentino Perez is a great business man and a friend, and I do not say that about many leaders of clubs. I have seen him in the past year, despite the fact he has not been president."
Certainly a return for Perez seems to be the most likely outcome at the moment, with the former president topping plenty of opinion polls around Spain.
AC Milan president, Galliani admitted that he thinks he would be the best man for the job too.
"I cannot intervene in the matters of Real Madrid, but I do not think there would be a better outcome of the elections than to have Florentino as president," he declared.
--
goal.com
If this story is true, and they do sell Kaka', then I hope Galliani and Berlusconi sell the club as well. I only hate a few human beings. Very few. But when Galliani says stuff like this, he is really trying to get in that club.
I really hope it's made up, much like the Goal story I just posted in the Gourcuff thread with Ancelotti saying his problem was psychological, but if not they better sell and go because they are ruining the club. There was a time when we would all laugh when Galliani said things but they turned out to be something else but it's not funny any more in my opinion.
Gomez has regular habit of missing open goal chances. He did it again this past weekend. He's not very skilled.. relies on physical attributes too much. We need someone a little less lethal than Inzaghi but with better all around game presence (if they make them like that anymore).
So what Ancelotti said is (I translate):
"You know, Milan is a club where you need to prove your value very quickly. I understand his disapointment, it's not easy just to play some small parts of games, but when I gave him some minutes on the pitch, he used to want to prove too much he was worth playing, and his prestation tended to be only individual. He wasn't able to play 'for the team (I mean, the contrary of individual lol)' ... He must still work on his mental to be a great player, he gave up too quickly. He is a very good player, no doubt, but his mental was his main problem in Milan."
ROFL If Carlo actually said that. It's actually HIS fault that Gourcuff had to be "overtrying" in his few minutes on the pitch. If he were given some continuity then he'd be able to play a calmer game. Also if Milan is a club where you need to prove your value, I could think of a couple people who haven't.......
Interwiews are not made up. Carlo said 2 or 3 times this year that Yoan never deserved a chance in Milan and that he lacks this, lacks that... Yet, by some divine mirqcle from Zeus, Gourcuff went away from super coach that sees everything and plays brilliant football. Gilardino plays with confidence again and Oddo also plays well.
At least the idiot can shut up and not defend his mistakes like a spoild brat. "oh, he wasnt good, I was right..."
Galliani about selling Kaka', Carlo about Yoan not playing well ( coz he played in extreme situations and had too much pressure and never had a real backup from his coach!!).
Fine, go sell Kaka' and Yoan, after all "we are the champions of the world,bla,bla."
P.S.
Also, there is this possibility: Galliani speaks highly so Perez wins the elections, as PErez is his friend.
And for once ,I'd like to see "silencio stampa" in Milan. Shut up and work. Stop blabbing in papers and making photoshop pictures of Beckham and Dinho on training. Sell old players, but some young-er, and stop behaving like MTV club!
So, shut up and work.
P.S.
Also, there is this possibility: Galliani speaks highly so Perez wins the elections, as PErez is his friend.
Exactly what I was thinking Mrki. Galliani probably did say something among those lines just to boost up Perez's campaign. We will not sell Kaka, but saying something like...."if anyone has the ability to take Kaka away it is Perez".....will certainly win Perez the election. I think it is only a comment to benefit Perez and in the end both Galli and Perez KNOW that Kaka will not go.
Sorry for double posting, but....
Does anyone have an oppinion on Cristian Fabbiani from River???? Anyone that has watched continuosly. I've only seen him twice and without any special attention on him specifically....and he seems to be a decent player.
ginoformaggino
02-03-2009, 21:12
geo, same things on mediaset tv. I hope we won't go for Montolivo, I like very much Palombo, , great mid, a fighter who has a lot to say.
It would be a great purchase, not 'a name' but a solid player. About Diarra, I hope Mahmadou. Imo, another good mid is Biondini (Cagliari) and Poli (Sassuolo, the same Gourcouff position)
Kakà is the answer and all is possible. imo, Anceotti won't be our coach next season, so Gourcouff just because of this reason would come back. I saw Santacroce in his last games and I really have a big question point on him. I would like Zenith forward Progbeniak, ok he is like a swarosky, but this is the kind of player Milan need. Aguero? He is a gnome and anyway Pato is miles better. Huntelaar probably yes, if Kakà.... :cpuke: Fabbbbbbbbiani? :wow: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease nefremo be serious, el ogro eats too much, easy he is Cassano fat cousin, San Lorenzo dixit last sunday
lol, yea he does look chunky! I just wanted an oppinion, because I know nothing about the guy. I saw him play two times for a combined of about 30 mins. He looks like he knows how to use his size however and has a good touch. A big man with a good skill on the ball....that's what got me asking about him. BUT...like I said before, a couple of weeks ago I knew noothing about him and I pretty much still know nothing apart from the 30 mins I've seen.
Anyhow....
I like Palombo as well, but the question is if we really need more DM's in this side. Although it is time to inject new and hungry blood in the side.
I am impressed with Santacroce however, and he proved his quality again against Juventus this past weekend. I thought he had an amazing game.
I agree with you about Montolivo....I too hope that we don't go for him.
Gabriel489
02-03-2009, 21:50
Palombo, he is good and I would like him in Milan as long as Emerson and Ambrosini are both gone next year.
The Carlo comments of Gourcuff part is silly, first he said he was not good enough now he said he was trying to do too much and it will be a pity he won't be back.... Gourcuff should come back as long as Seedorf is gone.
Don't know why Kaladaze is on the here list for next season as I think he is pure crap and if we are to sign Santacroce, Alex, and Agger, Kaladaze should just leave.
tardissun
02-03-2009, 22:06
Simply, there are few players Milan needs to try and sign. Players like Santacroce, Gourcuff, Benzema.
Those players are top class and completely capable to play for the next 10 years in Milan's first 11.
Note on Benzema: he is a perfect forvard Milan needs. Toni, Drogba are old now, Eto'o is not a poweerfull CF. And Benzema is phisically powerfull player whoose natural playing position is classical CF, and PAto's natural habit is playing as seconda punta. Those two players complement eachother perfectly. More then for examplae Eto'o - Pato...
For us Benzema is a perfect choice.
While I agree in principle with every word you typed above - there is absolutely no way, even in an alternative universe, that Milan will get Benzema. His price tag is extremely high and Milan will look for a much much much cheaper 30+ year old. Also, given the recent performances which might push us out of CL next year, Carlo and/or Kaka might be leaving, and every team with money wants him.
Christian
02-03-2009, 22:25
Simply, there are few players Milan needs to try and sign. Players like Santacroce, Gourcuff, Benzema.
Those players are top class and completely capable to play for the next 10 years in Milan's first 11.
Note on Benzema: he is a perfect forvard Milan needs. Toni, Drogba are old now, Eto'o is not a poweerfull CF. And Benzema is phisically powerfull player whoose natural playing position is classical CF, and PAto's natural habit is playing as seconda punta. Those two players complement eachother perfectly. More then for examplae Eto'o - Pato...
For us Benzema is a perfect choice.
Well do we really need Benzema? Or even Eto'o? I don't think we should get a high profile striker, Borriello is perfect considering our situation. We have Ronaldinho and Kaka. In retrospective you could say that we probably should've gotten a high profile striker instead of Ronaldinho, but can't really change that now.
Thing is we gotta play Kaka, Ronaldinho and Pato, remember how the board got unhappy after Ancelotti played Seedorf instead of Ronaldinho for a few games? So unless we sell Kaka or Ronaldinho then we can't have one more high profile striker. Borriello is perfect for our situation, he's proven at some level, he's not a superstar like Ronaldinho, Kaka or Pato, so he can sit on the bench for some games. Ofcourse it would be nice with Eto'o or Benzema to come in and bash Reggina when we can't score, but comeon it's not realistic to have him and Ka-Pa-Ro.
Peachtot
02-03-2009, 22:34
Of course it would be nice with Eto'o or Benzema to come in and bash Reggina when we can't score, but comeon it's not realistic to have him and Ka-Pa-Ro.
Well, take Ro off and make it Ka-Pa-Benzema.
I dont have any faith Ronnie will regain his old condition and fit for most matches next season.
Bosniaco
02-03-2009, 23:12
geo, same things on mediaset tv. I hope we won't go for Montolivo, I like very much Palombo, , great mid, a fighter who has a lot to say.
It would be a great purchase, not 'a name' but a solid player. About Diarra, I hope Mahmadou. Imo, another good mid is Biondini (Cagliari) and Poli (Sassuolo, the same Gourcouff position)
Kakà is the answer and all is possible. imo, Anceotti won't be our coach next season, so Gourcouff just because of this reason would come back. I saw Santacroce in his last games and I really have a big question point on him. I would like Zenith forward Progbeniak, ok he is like a swarosky, but this is the kind of player Milan need. Aguero? He is a gnome and anyway Pato is miles better. Huntelaar probably yes, if Kakà.... :cpuke: Fabbbbbbbbiani? :wow: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease nefremo be serious, el ogro eats too much, easy he is Cassano fat cousin, San Lorenzo dixit last sunday
I dont know gino if you realize that you are wrting about AC MILAN !!! Biondini, Palombo? come on. These are player for Palermo, Viola, Samp and club like that. We need world class player, dont care how.
Well do we really need Benzema? Or even Eto'o? I don't think we should get a high profile striker, Borriello is perfect considering our situation. We have Ronaldinho and Kaka. In retrospective you could say that we probably should've gotten a high profile striker instead of Ronaldinho, but can't really change that now.
Thing is we gotta play Kaka, Ronaldinho and Pato, remember how the board got unhappy after Ancelotti played Seedorf instead of Ronaldinho for a few games? So unless we sell Kaka or Ronaldinho then we can't have one more high profile striker. Borriello is perfect for our situation, he's proven at some level, he's not a superstar like Ronaldinho, Kaka or Pato, so he can sit on the bench for some games. Ofcourse it would be nice with Eto'o or Benzema to come in and bash Reggina when we can't score, but comeon it's not realistic to have him and Ka-Pa-Ro.
WHAT?? Boriello is perfect for AC Milan? How can you be perfect for the club when you spent most of the season on the bench? Playing KaPaRo is great for some games, but against smaller sides we need a big, target man ala Amauri who can batter opposing defenses and score goals. A club of our stature should be able to secure a world class center forward and alter formations to suit our opponents.
WHAT?? Boriello is perfect for AC Milan? How can you be perfect for the club when you spent most of the season on the bench? Playing KaPaRo is great for some games, but against smaller sides we need a big, target man ala Amauri who can batter opposing defenses and score goals. A club of our stature should be able to secure a world class center forward and alter formations to suit our opponents.
????
Boriello played when he was fit, I think 2 or 3 games ... :D
He was injured very quickly, recovered very slowly, played 2-3 games so, and was injured again, but he never recovered !! He's still injured and I think he'll be injured until the end.
The question is: will he be hungry enough to become a great striker (it's now or never, one year out can motivate him when he'll come back), or thanks to our famous Milan Lab, will we change him into a younger "30+yo Ronaldo clone" who is injured 5 times per season and plays 2 games, who is never fit and who is afraid to get a new injury each time he plays ?
One year out is a lot ... look at Ronaldinho, he spent almost one year on the bench in Barcelona, he will actually need two years to come back to his real level, nowadays he is just decent, a normal player with some technical skills, but nothing special. So for players injured for one year (worst than the bench), I don't know how they can come back to a good level ... especially when they get an injury at each come-back, which is probably worst too than one big injury because you suffer more mentally (you think you are going to be there again and ... paf ... injury again !!).
Here was what I think about Borriello !!
=============
Thinking that Sheva will leave, and not thinking about Inzaghi like one of our strikers (just a guy for the bench if needed), we just have Pato and so, the questionable Borriello. The need now, is to find a different kind of striker, someone better than Borriello but not good enough to take the place of Pato (anyway, he has to be good enough to compete with him, because without competition, Pato won't improve anymore). It's a must, a need.
Then, if we change our coach, and if we already know who it will be (if we change the coach at the end of the season, I'm pretty sure that our management already knows it and knows who it will be, can't be another way in a club like us), our management should ask him if he wants to play with one or two strikers ... if he wants one, we just need this striker like I mentionned (we'll have 3 strikers + Inzaghi, Paloschi will have to be loaned again but in Serie A this time), if he wants two, let's also call back Paloschi from Parma (we'll have 4 strikers + Inzaghi).
Last reports:
- if we are in Top 3, Kaka' stays
- if we fail and finish 4th (and not qualifying I presume) or more, Kaka' goes
ginoformaggino
03-03-2009, 06:20
I dont know gino if you realize that.... We need world class player, dont care how.
do you like names? after the last summer markets, I have to say it seems you have exactly a clear image of what it will happen at Milan next summer :5drunk:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7920189.stm
What a joke this team is becoming, we are in the middle of a crisis and all management can think about is trying to sign
David Beckham and taking part in ridiculous friendlies. While great teams are attempting to win three or even five trophies
in a season, we struggle miserably to compete for one trophy, what a sad turn of events since 2005.
Hasan Rossonero
03-03-2009, 07:12
Last reports:
- if we are in Top 3, Kaka' stays
- if we fail and finish 4th (and not qualifying I presume) or more, Kaka' goes
That's not accurate.
It says Ancelotti will stay if we arrive in 3rd place. Galliani said "Kaka' is not for sale".
Carlo cant do any worse job this year. Seriousely, give any coach in serie a this Milan team and he'll have such resluts Carlo has now.
If Galliani cant bring in a decent palyer let others do the job, there are plenty of good scouts willing to work for Milan. And if Berlusconi doesnt give a **** anymore, he should give the club in Piersilvio's hands or sell it.
All the problems start from above, from Berlusconi. In every country, region, club etc...
Someone Boriello is perfect solution and now Benzema? Benzema is 5 times player Boriello is. And he is extremly powerfull player by his phisical statue, and can play pure CF, like Boriello. Only he has 5 times more raw quality. Eto'o is, tactically, not the right solution.
ACMILAN1983
03-03-2009, 07:29
Anyway, I just thought about Mario Gomez when I read "tall striker" in a post. He's not as good as Benzema nor Pato, but I think he is better or at least at the same level (but younger) than Borriello. We totally forgot him on this forum, he was hype last year, but since he didn't play well in the last Euro and he hasn't done an amazing season (13 goals for 21 games played so far, it's good actually). So he could be a risk, but his price should have dropped a little too, so it would be less risky to take him this summer than when some people spoke about him last year. And what I'm sure about is that by coming in Milan, he would do a better season than Boriello, Shevchenko and Inzaghi 2008-2009 all together !!
I don't think Gomez is looking right these days. Since Euro 2008 he seems a very different player, one that doesn't have the same energy or confidence as before.
For me, some of the changes I'd look to implement would include...
Out: Dida, Maldini, Favalli, Kaladze, Senderos, Ambrosini?, Emerson, Seedorf?, Sheva
In: Young keeper for long term, Santacroce, Zapata or Agger or Alex, Canini?, Clichy or De Silvestri, Diarra or Palombo?, Gourcuff, a new forward, maybe 2 dependent on Pippo.
Essentially, my thought is those with question marks are only possibilities. We must lose the dead weight, such as Dida, Favalli, Kaladze (sorry for his fans, but after this season he's a joke), Senderos, Emerson and Sheva.
With Dida gone and Abbiati looking good, a potentially great young keeper should be brought in for the long term project, as Abbiati only has a couple of years left.
Maldini will retire and thus we're losing probably around 4 defenders, so need some big additions there. Santacroce is easily my top choice by a mile. Young, got all the quality in the world and potentially the next great defender to fill Nesta's shoes. We need another top level defender to challenge for a first team spot and Zapata, Alex and Agger are all capable of challenging Thiago Silva for a CB spot. I honestly think Zapata may be a decent choice as he has Serie A experience and has a lot of quality. His injury problems over the past year have also most likely made him more easily available too. That said, Agger and Alex are more proven at the highest levels and so would be ideal for Milan. I'm considering the fact that Nesta may not return, and so if this is the case we'd need a decent defender to play off the bench, with Canini coming to mind.
Then either Clichy or De Silvestri would make good additions for our weak fullback slots. Both would be immediate starters in our team and both are solid at the back but very strong going forward.
In midfield I'm happy for Ambrosini and Seedorf to stay at the club, but they must accept the bench. Both are useful off the bench, but I don't think either has it in them to remain starters. If Ambro leaves (and with Emerson out), we would need a DM and Diarra might be a great addition, though Palombo seems more realistic and would more likely accept the bench. I don't think Seedorf needs a direct replacement as Gourcuff would be brought in.
A new forward needs to be brought in to replace Sheva. One preferably of high quality, though I can't think of one right now.
Essentially, the squad would look like...
Abbiati, new keeper, Kalac, Bonera, Mattioni, Nesta, Santacroce, Zapata/Agger/Alex, Canini, De Silvestri/Clichy, Zambrotta, Antonini, Cardacio, Pirlo, Rino, Flamini, Ambro/Palombo, Seedorf?, Gourcuff, Janku, Dinho, Kaka, Borriello, Pato, New forward, Pippo
Carlo Ancelotti believes that David Beckham is technically and tactically better than Kaka and has told Ronaldinho that he should learn from Paolo Maldini and Clarence Seedorf.
The AC Milan coach was in frank and forthright mood when he explained why is so keen to keep Beckham at the San Siro, and how the player has improved since his days at Manchester United.
While the Rossoneri continue to try and prise the England midfielder away from LA Galaxy on a permanent basis, Ancelotti has not held back in his praise.
"He made a good impression on me with his performance and character," he told French football magazine, So Foot.
"On the field Beckham is the first to see everything. His vision is better now than when he played at Manchester United.
"He is slower than Kaka, but he is tactically and technically better and is also very intelligent and hard working."
Ronaldinho was next in line for Ancelotti's critical analysis, and the coach stated that the Brazilian should use Maldini and Seedorf as examples of how to be professional.
"Players like him do everything based on talent. I have trained a variety of magnificent players and the majority think that they can make the difference with their talent alone," he continued.
"That is not true In the modern game if you do not stay in great physical condition and are not working in training then it is hard to shine during matches.
"Maldini has been a professional for 20 years and has never ever complained while training.
"[Seedorf] is one of the most important players. He is like a 4x4 and wherever he plays he never loses his level. He always does his job very well."
Ancelotti then explained that Yourri Gourcuff may not return to AC Milan after his loan spell with Bordeaux finishes in the summer, but admitted that only psychological problems prevented him from making it at the club.
"I do not know if he will come back to Milan. He is a good player, but he had problems. He wanted to prove himself a lot and that hindered what he gave to the side," he added.
Lucas Brown, Goal.com
GeoTav, or any other person who knows french could you find this interview (on So Foot magazine) and clear if Goal.com is translating it right? I'm finding it a little hard to believe.
Not sure if Seedorf is the most impt player, but I did see how Milan suffered after his injury last Tuesday.
I just think Seedorf works in Carlo's tactics, but probably not in most other teams....
No No No! Hey! Guys! We had it wrong all along!
It's coach! He's really knows his players! And did you know he is probably the best tactician of all time!
Beckbum is technically and also tactically better than Kaka! We on't need Kaka! Also Becks has a great vision and reading of the game! The best in the team! Pirlo? pooh pooh!
Oh and Seedorf is a hard worker who keeps a high level throughout.
Oh and Gourcuff is depressed, arrogant, show off and a big Loser!
Maybe Ancelotti got to lick the golden balls. Maybe Kaka refused....
OCmilano
03-03-2009, 19:37
Carlo Ancelotti believes that David Beckham is technically and tactically better than Kaka and has told Ronaldinho that he should learn from Paolo Maldini and Clarence Seedorf.
The AC Milan coach was in frank and forthright mood when he explained why is so keen to keep Beckham at the San Siro, and how the player has improved since his days at Manchester United.
While the Rossoneri continue to try and prise the England midfielder away from LA Galaxy on a permanent basis, Ancelotti has not held back in his praise.
"He made a good impression on me with his performance and character," he told French football magazine, So Foot.
"On the field Beckham is the first to see everything. His vision is better now than when he played at Manchester United.
"He is slower than Kaka, but he is tactically and technically better and is also very intelligent and hard working."
Ronaldinho was next in line for Ancelotti's critical analysis, and the coach stated that the Brazilian should use Maldini and Seedorf as examples of how to be professional.
"Players like him do everything based on talent. I have trained a variety of magnificent players and the majority think that they can make the difference with their talent alone," he continued.
"That is not true In the modern game if you do not stay in great physical condition and are not working in training then it is hard to shine during matches.
"Maldini has been a professional for 20 years and has never ever complained while training.
"[Seedorf] is one of the most important players. He is like a 4x4 and wherever he plays he never loses his level. He always does his job very well."
Ancelotti then explained that Yourri Gourcuff may not return to AC Milan after his loan spell with Bordeaux finishes in the summer, but admitted that only psychological problems prevented him from making it at the club.
"I do not know if he will come back to Milan. He is a good player, but he had problems. He wanted to prove himself a lot and that hindered what he gave to the side," he added.
Lucas Brown, Goal.com
GeoTav, or any other person who knows french could you find this interview (on So Foot magazine) and clear if Goal.com is translating it right? I'm finding it a little hard to believe.
If this is true, Carlo is the biggest moran on this planet. And Boring i know you are a Carlo supporter but you have to admit that he is missing a few screws after this?
He is slower than Kaka, but he is tactically and technically better and is also very intelligent and hard working.
B32 is tactically better for sure,technically at almost same level. Kaka is exceptionally strong with his ball speed on open court;the best on the planet,without one of.but he resort to this weapon too much.that's a hinder for him to approach the game from a birdview angle.He is more like a foward than a AM who runs the teams tempo.
hitmannq8
03-03-2009, 20:48
Kaladze being out for the rest of the season is definitely a breathe of some fresh air after the disastrous week we just had. Glad to see we wont be fielding him again this season. If only Carlo could get injured somehow......
Ha ha. I'm wondering now whether or not it would be in our best interest (of the club) to finish 3rd this year---then it'll end up as I predicted, with Galliani retaining Carlo and the squad, probably add a few more old players, give Emerson a new contract, and then we crash and burn again the following year. Might be better if we just finished 5th....hmmm..
Lebanese
03-03-2009, 23:37
Kaladze being out for the rest of the season is definitely a breathe of some fresh air after the disastrous week we just had. Glad to see we wont be fielding him again this season. If only Carlo could get injured somehow......
some kind of cancer. amen
hitmannq8
03-03-2009, 23:45
lol man dont say that lets just hope for Rjikaard to come in immediately and take control till the end of the season (or Lippi? :D)
In my opinion, our team this year isn't all that bad.. we've always had problems in defense in the past years, but given the fact ancelotti has quality players like ronaldinho pato kaka seedorf pirlo, he's done a terrible job with quality like that in attack, in my opinion we either need to replace ancelotti with the addition a good cb and possibly someone else in the midfield, or in the case ancelotti stays we'd need to buy a player capable of golden ball abilities for every position, even a spot on the bench so no matter who he plays they play good. I think the main think ancelottis been doing wrong is giving too much time to our old timers in big games, but if you break it down he really has no choice.. we've had many injuries and ronaldinho kaka pato and a few others are our only players, kaka being injured same with nesta pirlo picking up a slight injury before too so you cant put the full blame on ancelotti, as far the mercato goes we could bring alot of talent into the squad with rijkaard on board in my opinion hes the best choice if we wer to sack ancelotti, he won much with barca and left them unstoppable although you can't look at it that way seeing as he had the likes of messi ronaldinho a load of capable forwards and when puyol and marquez were in top form you have many choices and young talents to put on the field
Ha ha. I'm wondering now whether or not it would be in our best interest (of the club) to finish 3rd this year---then it'll end up as I predicted, with Galliani retaining Carlo and the squad, probably add a few more old players, give Emerson a new contract, and then we crash and burn again the following year. Might be better if we just finished 5th....hmmm..
Why 5th? If Carlo has to finish 3rd, wouldn't 4th be sufficient? At least then Milan would be back in the Champions League.
hitmannq8
04-03-2009, 01:34
bet they will find a way to twist it and say, well fourth spot still means we achieved our goal of champions league.
Why is the board lowering the expectations? Wasn't the objective in the beggining of the season the Scudetto??? Wasn't that the one title that EVERYONE in the club wanted. And now that we are doing badly they all of a sudden lower the expectations and say that it is OK that we finish 3rd!?!?! This is unbeliavable and ridicilous. Bottom line is that Carlo failed at the essential objective that was set up at the beggining of the year, the scudetto. Why do they keep giving him lifelines and turn this club into a joke?
If this is true, Carlo is the biggest moran on this planet. And Boring i know you are a Carlo supporter but you have to admit that he is missing a few screws after this?
No buddy you've got it all wrong. I dislike Ancelotti though I don't hate him. But his time is up.
BTW, that interview is hard to believe.
B32 is tactically better for sure,technically at almost same level. Kaka is exceptionally strong with his ball speed on open court;the best on the planet,without one of.but he resort to this weapon too much.that's a hinder for him to approach the game from a birdview angle.He is more like a foward than a AM who runs the teams tempo.
Why do people think Beckham is technically great? There's little he can do beside crossing the ball. His movement is decent not exceptional. Ditto for his passing. Beside that, he has little to offer. And he certainly isn't up to the technical level Seedorf, Pirlo and R80 posses. With those abilities, you have to be tactically good or you'll be called David Bentley instead of Beckham.
Completely agree with you on Kaka using too much of his ability on the ball and it does hinder the game from the team's point of view.
Gabriel489
04-03-2009, 04:32
Agree with the Kaka part but then again, what else can he do as the other players just walk around the pitch instead of running to creat open spaces.
To be honest, I think Carlo is gone nomatter what, unless we come in at first.
As long as guys like Kaladze, Seedorf and other deadweights are gone from Milan. We will be a better team.
Lebanese
04-03-2009, 05:11
Berlusconi just asked galliani to decrease salary caps by 35 mil euros. things are so clear now we need a new owner, berlusconi has lost it, and he frozen 8 mil agger deal in the last minutes.
Peachtot
04-03-2009, 05:11
To be honest, I think Carlo is gone nomatter what, unless we come in at first.
I do think if we dont end up with scudetto (we won't i think) then next season would be ideal time to have a new coach. And the 1st name in my head is rijkaard.
I think with Carlo speech about ponce spice being better than kaka could see the club sell Kaka in summer trying to make us fans believe we've got a better player. All we need then is to see Pato, Abbiati, Zambro, Pirlo, Gattuso, Flamini, Antonini, Borreillo, and retire Nesta and we'll be set for Serie B football 2010-2011.
slifersd
04-03-2009, 06:00
I am just as excited as anyone else here about the idea of a new coach being here next season and finally bring some changes to this dead horse team. The problem, however, is that i can't shake the feeling that it will not happen. The biggest question here is, haven't we been through this before? Didn't we talk about getting a new coach last season too? Every time things get rough, Galliani creates some hollow dream of Ancelotti getting fired or we are signing a mega star to distract the fans. But when it is all said and done, we still end up with the same damn squad and the same damn coach playing the same damn formation and players.
I don't know about you guys, but I am not going to get my hopes up this time either because i just don't see this management change their ways. To Galliani and Berlusconi, Ancelotti is the absolutely perfect coach. He doesn't ask for anything, takes abuse lying down and has history with this team. Any new coach would demand a few pricey players to rejuvenize the squad and that is something the management is not willing to give. They are going to stuck with the wuss in Ancelotti anyway they can. As far as the fans response is concerned, when was the last time they actually gave a crap about the fans?
Bottomline, it's always fun to daydream, but don't get your hopes up too much, fellas.
hany.Egypt
04-03-2009, 06:22
then time is different belive me he will leave inthe summer unless we won the league(science fiction for sure) , as you said he is the perfect person for them as he never ask or complain of any thing but after all the team is collapsing and they have to choose between to availabe opions :
1- Buy some mega star players and keep the coash.
2- Change the coash and buy some realativly cheap players.
And hence we know that Berlu is not going to invest heavely in the club any more, then the second opion is very likely to happen.
P.S. There is a possiblity they keep the coash and not investing in the club (in other words start selling some stars like Kaka )
slifersd
04-03-2009, 06:49
then time is different belive me he will leave inthe summer unless we won the league(science fiction for sure) , as you said he is the perfect person for them as he never ask or complain of any thing but after all the team is collapsing and they have to choose between to availabe opions :
1- Buy some mega star players and keep the coash.
2- Change the coash and buy some realativly cheap players.
And hence we know that Berlu is not going to invest heavely in the club any more, then the second opion is very likely to happen.
P.S. There is a possiblity they keep the coash and not investing in the club (in other words start selling some stars like Kaka )
I think the you mixed up the two options. If we keep the coach, we'd be going after some other 35+ aging former stars for the trasnfer market. If we get a new coach, on the other hand, we'd be going after some real players because the new coach won't take it lying down.
Why is the board lowering the expectations? Wasn't the objective in the beggining of the season the Scudetto??? Wasn't that the one title that EVERYONE in the club wanted. And now that we are doing badly they all of a sudden lower the expectations and say that it is OK that we finish 3rd!?!?! This is unbeliavable and ridicilous. Bottom line is that Carlo failed at the essential objective that was set up at the beggining of the year, the scudetto. Why do they keep giving him lifelines and turn this club into a joke?
The goal is always, of course, to win the Scudetto. But that's no longer a realistic goal and nobody considered Milan the favorite this year anyway. The most important goal, after last year, is to return to the Champions League. That remains a realistic (and still probable) goal. I think the reason they are pressuring Carlo to finish 3rd and not 4th is because the 4th-place team now goes into the second qualifying round with no protection and could be matched up with the 4th-place team from England or Spain or the 3rd-place team from Germany.
hany.Egypt
04-03-2009, 07:43
I think the you mixed up the two options. If we keep the coach, we'd be going after some other 35+ aging former stars for the trasnfer market. If we get a new coach, on the other hand, we'd be going after some real players because the new coach won't take it lying down.
I meant in case any thing change, so keeping the coash and going after some other 35 + aging former stars means that nothing is changed.
and Berlu will not invest heavely in the club whether or not he changed the coash as I said in my previous post, and calm down friend Carlo will leave I can bet on it.
ACMILAN1983
04-03-2009, 08:10
The goal is always, of course, to win the Scudetto. But that's no longer a realistic goal and nobody considered Milan the favorite this year anyway. The most important goal, after last year, is to return to the Champions League. That remains a realistic (and still probable) goal. I think the reason they are pressuring Carlo to finish 3rd and not 4th is because the 4th-place team now goes into the second qualifying round with no protection and could be matched up with the 4th-place team from England or Spain or the 3rd-place team from Germany.
Actually I believe Milan were one of the favourites for the Scudetto this season after last summer's market and the fact we had no CL this season.
The fact of the matter is, with the squad we have and no CL, we should have challenged for the title until the very end.
Hasan Rossonero
04-03-2009, 08:42
Berlusconi just asked galliani to decrease salary caps by 35 mil euros. things are so clear now we need a new owner, berlusconi has lost it, and he frozen 8 mil agger deal in the last minutes.
The reports I have read are just that--reports. They are not direct quotations from Berlusconi. With that said, it is possible that this is happening. Italian football will slowly fade into the distance. If they cut Kaka's wages, then he will leave.
In my opinion, after we get rid of the useless bunch (Emerson, Sheva, Dida etc.), we should cut the wages of the likes of Seedorf and offer Beckham a modest wage.
spina_don
04-03-2009, 09:05
Carlo Ancelotti believes that David Beckham is technically and tactically better than Kaka and has told Ronaldinho that he should learn from Paolo Maldini and Clarence Seedorf.
The AC Milan coach was in frank and forthright mood when he explained why is so keen to keep Beckham at the San Siro, and how the player has improved since his days at Manchester United.
While the Rossoneri continue to try and prise the England midfielder away from LA Galaxy on a permanent basis, Ancelotti has not held back in his praise.
"He made a good impression on me with his performance and character," he told French football magazine, So Foot.
"On the field Beckham is the first to see everything. His vision is better now than when he played at Manchester United.
"He is slower than Kaka, but he is tactically and technically better and is also very intelligent and hard working."
Ronaldinho was next in line for Ancelotti's critical analysis, and the coach stated that the Brazilian should use Maldini and Seedorf as examples of how to be professional.
"Players like him do everything based on talent. I have trained a variety of magnificent players and the majority think that they can make the difference with their talent alone," he continued.
"That is not true In the modern game if you do not stay in great physical condition and are not working in training then it is hard to shine during matches.
"Maldini has been a professional for 20 years and has never ever complained while training.
"[Seedorf] is one of the most important players. He is like a 4x4 and wherever he plays he never loses his level. He always does his job very well."
Ancelotti then explained that Yourri Gourcuff may not return to AC Milan after his loan spell with Bordeaux finishes in the summer, but admitted that only psychological problems prevented him from making it at the club.
"I do not know if he will come back to Milan. He is a good player, but he had problems. He wanted to prove himself a lot and that hindered what he gave to the side," he added.
Lucas Brown, Goal.com
GeoTav, or any other person who knows french could you find this interview (on So Foot magazine) and clear if Goal.com is translating it right? I'm finding it a little hard to believe.
Maybe he's talking about a different seedorf but he's definitely not talking about the seedorf currently playing for AC Milan
spina_don
04-03-2009, 09:08
In my opinion, our team this year isn't all that bad.. we've always had problems in defense in the past years, but given the fact ancelotti has quality players like ronaldinho pato kaka seedorf pirlo, he's done a terrible job with quality like that in attack, in my opinion we either need to replace ancelotti with the addition a good cb and possibly someone else in the midfield, or in the case ancelotti stays we'd need to buy a player capable of golden ball abilities for every position, even a spot on the bench so no matter who he plays they play good. I think the main think ancelottis been doing wrong is giving too much time to our old timers in big games, but if you break it down he really has no choice.. we've had many injuries and ronaldinho kaka pato and a few others are our only players, kaka being injured same with nesta pirlo picking up a slight injury before too so you cant put the full blame on ancelotti, as far the mercato goes we could bring alot of talent into the squad with rijkaard on board in my opinion hes the best choice if we wer to sack ancelotti, he won much with barca and left them unstoppable although you can't look at it that way seeing as he had the likes of messi ronaldinho a load of capable forwards and when puyol and marquez were in top form you have many choices and young talents to put on the field
Imagine another coach like Rijkaard with these talents like...
Frank Rijkaard isn't immune nor is a stranger to the complacency that is haunting our squad at the moment. His last year at Barca was facing similar problems we're facing now. He won't be very different from Ancelotti though I'm sure he's allowed to function normally, he can reverse Carlo's errors and bring a new era of success at Milan.
However, during his tenure at Barca, he was given a lot of freedom at the club but that most probably wont be there at Milan so it's kind of difficult to predict what'll happen if he comes here.
Gabriel489
04-03-2009, 10:45
ABout the wages cut, all we have to do is cut Dida, Sheva, Favalli, Emerson, Kaladze and Seedorf, Kalac with Maldini retiring and thats like about 40M-50M before tax.
If Berlu is complaining then he should have really look back at why he gave Dida a huge contract as he was crap and giving out contracts to the like of Emerson who makes 8M before tax and just sits on the bench.
Maldini actually earn very little... Dida & Sheva are those who take a lot of wages. Not sure about Emerson & Favalli.. Seedorf oh ya...
Hasan Rossonero
04-03-2009, 11:57
Frank Rijkaard isn't immune nor is a stranger to the complacency that is haunting our squad at the moment. His last year at Barca was facing similar problems we're facing now. He won't be very different from Ancelotti though I'm sure he's allowed to function normally, he can reverse Carlo's errors and bring a new era of success at Milan.
However, during his tenure at Barca, he was given a lot of freedom at the club but that most probably wont be there at Milan so it's kind of difficult to predict what'll happen if he comes here.
Rijkaard has never convinced me as a coach. Apart from his stint at Barca, his record is fairly mediocre. The way his Barca side waned in the last few months of his tenure is a more enduring memory for me than his success with the club.
True.. it's one of the things that worries me is that he's not that experienced as a top manager. But he's relatively young and he's been growing. He's only managed
1. Dutch National Team when he took them to the semis of the euro 2000. (good achievement I think).
2. Some small club at the dutch league which got relegated for the first time after he managed them
3. Barcelona
If he was 60 then it wouldve been different but he's like 45 yrs old. Plus he plays as a unit so this individualism in our squad would recede which I think is crucial to Milan's revival. Another prospect is that he might be able to bring back R80 to his best.. wouldnt that be awesome!
Gabriel489
04-03-2009, 12:26
I don't think Frank is the answer to Carlo. We missed the chance of having the Special One or Lippi last summer. Too bad that Berlu and Galli did not even try to get JM.
Actually I believe Milan were one of the favourites for the Scudetto this season after last summer's market and the fact we had no CL this season.
The fact of the matter is, with the squad we have and no CL, we should have challenged for the title until the very end.
Well, possibly there was such talk in Italy or maybe even in England. I don't know. All the Serie A previews and such we saw over here (mainly on FSC, which has the exclusive Serie A rights) they were talking as though Inter had the title virtually wrapped up before the season began and Milan would do well just to get back to the CL. (They were right, of course.)
I know that I said before the season started that the main goal for me was to get back to the CL and that anything after that was gravy. But then I'm more patient than most. :diablo:
Lebanese
04-03-2009, 12:30
I don't think Frank is the answer to Carlo. We missed the chance of having the Special One or Lippi last summer. Too bad that Berlu and Galli did not even try to get JM.
Special one ? he is no special at all and his football tactics aint this special too. maybe man management, handling things is okey but other than that he is merely an average coach.
now i agree we need a change but there is a big problem, there is no better coach out there available.
P.s: Lippi is as lame as Moggi
I don't think Frank is the answer to Carlo. We missed the chance of having the Special One or Lippi last summer. Too bad that Berlu and Galli did not even try to get JM.
He isn't the right man for our squad. Plus his football is unbelievably boring most of the times and Milan are a good passing team which he would destroy for sure.
He may be Special at getting results but other than that he's a long ball twunt who knows no respect for others. Do we really need an arrogant man like that at a club like Milan? Didn't it seem appropriate that he ended up at Inter after Chelsea? They're two teams who have players bigger, stronger and more boring than any other team out there.
My guess is he's headed for either Real or Liverpool after this, two other cocky clubs. We need a manager with some flair and skill in his game.
NT manager of Ivory Coast has declared that Ancelotti is or high on weed or drunk as he doesnt behave professional towards his collegues that run other clubs or teams publicly saying he wants to lead their teams ( Roma, I.Coast ). :)
Mourinho sucks totally, he was only 111 home games in a row without a loss. What a prick, we dont need that. We need nice guys... Boring dont be offended, its not a joke on your account.
And I will send you some suggestions on PM about your question you asked me in there.
If I were Ivory Coast NT manager now, I would probably say the same thing. It's a good indication that he is REALLY worried that his job will be taken over by Ancelotti.
But ya I thought it was inappropriate too to some extent; Roma obviously won't be bothered by passing comment like this but if you are an Ivory Coast mangaer,... umm...
If I were Ivory Coast NT manager now, I would probably say the same thing. It's a good indication that he is REALLY worried that his job will be taken over by Ancelotti.
But ya I thought it was inappropriate too to some extent; Roma obviously won't be bothered by passing comment like this but if you are an Ivory Coast mangaer,... umm...
The problem isn't that it is Roma or Ivory Coast, it's more about the guy coaching ... Spalleti knows he's as good nowadays as Ancelotti, so the declarations of Ancelotti, a friend of him (let's not forget that too), won't bother him.
But nowadays, the Ivory Coast coach is Vahid Halilodzic, a coach known for his methods of training, everything is about discipline ... he's not known for his amazing results, nor for any job in a big club. He was even fired by some of his clubs. So, when a guy like Ancelotti says he wants your job, you can only be angry and afraid ... :D
PS: If their coach was Hiddink, Scolari, they wouldn't care too ... (guys who won titles with national teams or made miracles with some of their teams).
Originally posted by boring
Why do people think Beckham is technically great? There's little he can do beside crossing the ball. His movement is decent not exceptional. Ditto for his passing. Beside that, he has little to offer. And he certainly isn't up to the technical level Seedorf, Pirlo and R80 posses. With those abilities, you have to be tactically good or you'll be called David Bentley instead of Beckham.
Carlo only compare b32 and kaka,I don't think there is a gap between these 2 technically,KAKA's speed make the difference.
B32 is a very very average player physically,no speed and no weight.he compensate with his tactical awareness,decipline,tireless running(only physical strength can be mentioned) and accurate crossing.he is a perfect team facilitator,does all the tiny foundimental thing for gaining superioty against opponents.an unsung hero type in team sports.I think he is among the world top few tactically.
Gabriel489
04-03-2009, 22:24
To me results come first, then we can complain about flair and style....If the end of the day, the team is not getting the 3 pts, it is useless if their passing rate was over 90% and the build up was amazing.....
As for the Kaka and B32 comparsions, I think ever since B32 came to Milan and Kaka getting injured, people are beginning to praise B32 more.
Now I am not saying B32 is not a good player b/c he is but he is nothing close to Kaka even when he was at his prime.
Latest from management: Beckham can play til he's 40. My God, how far are they going to go with this nonsense?
Oh, and Rick, welcome back, I dont think we've "spoken" since Milan bought Oliveira!
Gabriel489
05-03-2009, 00:24
And Milan can play in Series C till 2040.
Mourinho sucks totally, he was only 111 home games in a row without a loss. What a prick, we dont need that. We need nice guys... Boring dont be offended, its not a joke on your account.
And I will send you some suggestions on PM about your question you asked me in there.
No offence taken. I have a higher tolerance level than certain others on the forum. But seriously, are people supporting Mourinho willing to take everything that comes with it?
1. Deliberate attempts at cheating (diving, play acting, faking injuries, mis-behaviour on the field). It's plain clear to me that he encourages his players to do that.
2. A manager who is going to isolate Milan with his disrespectful attitude towards his peers and other clubs.
3. Who'd make Milan an arrogant and universally hated club (Chelsea and Inter are).
4. A man who destroys the beauty of the game with his dull style of play.
I don't know about you and others Mrki but honesty and the beauty of the sport are the 2 most important reasons why I still watch the sport. Otherwise I would watch EPL rather than Serie A. I don't say other don't cheat but i dislike them all universally (especially those who cheat as a policy).
The levels of cheating have gone up in the EPL during and after Mourinho's reign (ofcourse these days cheating is acceptable so it's the sign of the times). Drogba even came out openly and said Mourinho doesn't discourage diving. The previous ManYoo and Pool generation didn't cheat but they all do now whereas the cheating levels have gone down at Chelsea after Mourinho left.
There are plenty of other managers who aren't lacking in these areas.. maybe we should try to get them before going for this cheat.
No matter how good a manager is, if he's not honest to the game, he'll never be my target.
PM, Nihilism, Sadism.. waiting keenly.
P.S. - players at Milan (Kaka and Pato) also dive once in a while but they are acts of desperation rather than deliberated attempts.
Lebanese
05-03-2009, 02:08
great lecture from the famous Ulyanov
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.