PDA

View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009


Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Brasileiro
22-04-2009, 11:11
Btw, to ruin my day, Alex is doing what appears impossible...
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23679234-details/Chelsea+can+march+on+with+%27The+Tank%27/article.do

"Alex has been outstanding and is clearly a top player. He is very quick, has a good sense of anticipation and is very strong in the air. He is very capable on the ball and has a ferocious right foot, which he has shown at free kicks. Riccy's injury problems have been ongoing and as a manager you just can't take chances with that.
Former Chelsea defender Paul Elliott


It´s funny that people still call Alex slow, even with the fact he was tested the second fastest player at PSV( Beasley, that fast North American winger was the first), and with quotes of non biased Brazilians fans as Cocu, Hiddink, Paul Elliott talking about his speed.

Now, for me(Carlo and Braida) thats really bad news:5milan:
Hope Hiddink keep his words and really leave the club next season;)

GeoTav
22-04-2009, 11:16
@GeoTav...I´m glad to see what you wrote.

I saw lot of similarities of what happened with Dida in Peter Cech last 3 or 2 years performances...

To be honest, Cech is failing more than Dida over the last 2 years, but for some reason(I have a opinion about it, but I will not post) several people that bashes Dida´s(he was horrible last 2 seasons) would jump in a Cech bandwagon purchase in a bit...

Can´t understand(age aside) why Cech doesn´t receive the same Dida´s treatment??

Eheh, it looks like we often agree !! :D

What I noticed is quite weird when I saw several times Cech this year: I always said that Dida looked like he was lost on the pitch the last years (still nowadays, he seems somewhere else when he plays).
The same thing seems to happen to Cech since this horrible mistake in Euro. He seems sometimes totally lost, it looks like his defenders don't listen to him anymore in Chelsea, and it looks like that happens more and more often. I hope for him he will manage to come back in good shape quickly ... but it doesn't look like it's going to happen soon.

Sad to see such good goalkeepers being so ridiculous in some games ...

Brasileiro
22-04-2009, 11:21
Eheh, it looks like we often agree !! :D

What I noticed is quite weird when I saw several times Cech this year: I always said that Dida looked like he was lost on the pitch the last years (still nowadays, he seems somewhere else when he plays).
The same thing seems to happen to Cech since this horrible mistake in Euro. He seems sometimes totally lost, it looks like his defenders don't listen to him anymore in Chelsea, and it looks like that happens more and more often. I hope for him he will manage to come back in good shape quickly ... but it doesn't look like it's going to happen soon.

Sad to see such good goalkeepers being so ridiculous in some games ...
Give me some time and I will find a point of disagreement :tong:

Yep, I feel sorry for them...Dida since his back problems(remember he hurt himself badly sitting on the bench last season)never was the same.

Maybe Cech head injure have also a part on his horrible display...

GeoTav
22-04-2009, 11:22
Btw, to ruin my day, Alex is doing what appears impossible...
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23679234-details/Chelsea+can+march+on+with+%27The+Tank%27/article.do

"Alex has been outstanding and is clearly a top player. He is very quick, has a good sense of anticipation and is very strong in the air. He is very capable on the ball and has a ferocious right foot, which he has shown at free kicks. Riccy's injury problems have been ongoing and as a manager you just can't take chances with that.
Former Chelsea defender Paul Elliott


It´s funny that people still call Alex slow, even with the fact he was tested the second fastest player at PSV( Beasley, that fast North American winger was the first), and with quotes of non biased Brazilians fans as Cocu, Hiddink, Paul Elliott talking about his speed.

Now, for me(Carlo and Braida) thats really bad news:5milan:
Hope Hiddink keep his words and really leave the club next season;)

Hiddink is a hell of a coach, and MAYBE he is the best in the world nowadays. He is a kind of magician ... PSV had good players, but he gave them a tactical approach who transformed this team in an amazing opponent (remember this semi-final !!). Since he left, this PSV team is back at his usual level (good team, nothing extraordinary anyway). Same for South Korea, they were bad, he transformed them into a good team, now they are just decent without him.

Alex always was a hell of a defender. Anyway, I know him since he plays in PSV (not before), and he is a monster, a young monster. The problem is that by going to PSV, he was sure to end in Chelsea and not in Milan for example even with the rumours that linked us with him, just because PSV has an agreement with Chelsea ... Since he is a starter, I don't think he'll leave soon, unfortunately.

GeoTav
22-04-2009, 11:26
Give me some time and I will find a point of disagreement :tong:

Yep, I feel sorry for them...Dida since his back problems(remember he hurt himself badly sitting on the bench last season)never was the same.

Maybe Cech head injure have also a part on his horrible display...

I'd say that his worst period was between the incident against Inter in CL and his "injury" (I mean, what an actor !!) against Celtic which leaded Ancelotti to use Kalac.
Before Inter, he was amazing.
Nowadays, he seems decent, not bad, not outstanding. A good second goalkeeper ... if we don't look at his wage.

gregapenny
22-04-2009, 11:28
Un "Pazzo" per l'attacco

Italian media is now linking us with Giampaolo Pazzini. I read that he is an alternative, if we couldn't buy Adebayor. I think Pazzini is an excellent striker, he's young and Italian.

Siregar
22-04-2009, 11:35
Un "Pazzo" per l'attacco

Italian media is now linking us with Giampaolo Pazzini. I read that he is an alternative, if we couldn't buy Adebayor. I think Pazzini is an excellent striker, he's young and Italian.

Gila took his place in Fiorentina and yet we want to buy him? LOL

It's much better to bring back Paloschi as we have Boriello who is in same level with Pazzini and also similar height. Or buy Rossi if we want to add italian blood to our team and Pato can be the main striker supported by Rossi.

I just checked Milan website, Boriello is only 180 cm there. Last time I know, he is 182 cm. :D

Brasileiro
22-04-2009, 11:49
I'd say that his worst period was between the incident against Inter in CL and his "injury" (I mean, what an actor !!) against Celtic which leaded Ancelotti to use Kalac.
Before Inter, he was amazing.
Nowadays, he seems decent, not bad, not outstanding. A good second goalkeeper ... if we don't look at his wage.

You´re right(one more time), I forgot that incident against Inter...That was the turn point.

At least he chose the football and not the Theaters :)

gregapenny
22-04-2009, 11:49
The last time I checked Pazzini took Gila's spot in Italian NT. And Pazzini is playin excellent since he joined Sampdoria.

Brasileiro
22-04-2009, 12:01
Hiddink is a hell of a coach, and MAYBE he is the best in the world nowadays. He is a kind of magician ... PSV had good players, but he gave them a tactical approach who transformed this team in an amazing opponent (remember this semi-final !!). Since he left, this PSV team is back at his usual level (good team, nothing extraordinary anyway). Same for South Korea, they were bad, he transformed them into a good team, now they are just decent without him.

Alex always was a hell of a defender. Anyway, I know him since he plays in PSV (not before), and he is a monster, a young monster. The problem is that by going to PSV, he was sure to end in Chelsea and not in Milan for example even with the rumours that linked us with him, just because PSV has an agreement with Chelsea ... Since he is a starter, I don't think he'll leave soon, unfortunately.
The money that paid Santos didn´t come from PSV, but from Chelsea(thats the reason Chelsea "bought" Alex for 1 Euro...so at the day that he ended in Eidhoven, I new it will be hard to buy him. But Mourinho(at that time) didn´t like Alex, so I keep my hopes...

Indeed, I saw Alex saying in a interview that only a few teams talked directly with him: Chelsea, Milan and Real Madrid(in Capello era) but that Milan step back after Chelsea start a "bid war"...

Glad we learned the lesson and fight for Pato against them...

As I always said(and we saw in Pato´s case), no team can compete with Milan in Brazilian market...

gregapenny
22-04-2009, 12:30
http://www.justin.tv/nyoves

Milan friendly live...

And Mattioni is in the starting lineup... I'm really curious what he can do...

K77SH C
22-04-2009, 13:03
http://www.justin.tv/nyoves

Milan friendly live...

And Mattioni is in the starting lineup... I'm really curious what he can do...

Beckham acting like a prat

El Fre
22-04-2009, 13:28
totally, but made a fine looking assist later

Christian
22-04-2009, 13:32
Gila took his place in Fiorentina and yet we want to buy him? LOL

It's much better to bring back Paloschi as we have Boriello who is in same level with Pazzini and also similar height. Or buy Rossi if we want to add italian blood to our team and Pato can be the main striker supported by Rossi.

I just checked Milan website, Boriello is only 180 cm there. Last time I know, he is 182 cm. :D

Maybe he cut his hair :undecide:

Pazzini seems to be doing so well because of his linkup with Cassano. It just seems like one of those partnerships, like Messi/Alves...

Aficio
22-04-2009, 14:00
To make it short with another reason why Trezeguet won't come/wouldn't come (I hope): he won't accept to be the 3rd or 4th choice.

Thanks. 4th mean he is the last piece of four strikers, he can compete to play regulary. Trezeguet & Pato is better than Bori & Pato, I think so.

However, it is enough about him, isn't it :ilol:

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst, the best choice for CD is Mexes, although I am not really like him.

Roma will not qualify for CL :55angel:

nefremo
22-04-2009, 16:02
True Aficio....if Roma doesn't beat Fiorentina this weekend then they'll probably miss out on the CL. It's going to be interesting to see how that's going to affect them as some players want contract extensions and more money. Roma is already struggling financially from what I know, and missing out on the CL millions will hurt them even further. Not to even mention the fact that if Fiorentina makes the CL for the second year in a row, they'll keep building eventually making Roma's "CL guarantee" an even bigger question next year and so on. In any case, the fact is that they have many interesting players that we can use and it will be interesting to monitor the situation this year.......although this "Berlu respects Rosella" crap may result in us not making a bid for any Roma players. Which for me is bull* because business is business.

As for Mexes, I hope we don't sign him. Roma will want a good amount of money for him but my personal opinion of Mexes is that he is over-rated. I liked him when he first came to Italy mainly because I used to always give him the benefit of the doubt and look through the mistakes and let offs.......thinking he'll improve with the age. But he keeps making mistakes and is jut not the solid and stable CB that we need. Now of course, he is way better then what we have right now and in the end.....if I had to choose, better him the nobody.

slifersd
22-04-2009, 16:17
I think we will sign Mexes and Adriano this summer and I for one wouldn't be too disappointed about it if we also bring back Gourcuff. The thing is, although Mexes (with his price and sometimes hot headed demeanor) and Adriano (off court issues) are not the perfect players, they are talented enough to start for us. Mexes didn't get voted the top 3 defenders in Serie A for like three years in a roll for no reason; and Adriano was a God in Inter merely a couple of years ago. Tacticalwise, Mexes is a big defender who can cover the air well while Adriano is the powerful CF we haven't had since Bierhoff.

Another reason I think they will be coming is that the management here always sign players they have a crush on. Why the hell else would we sign Ronaldinho? Mexes has been admired by Berlusconi for years and more than one person from the Milan organization have talked about wanting Adriano. So, even if there are better alternatives out there, we are still going to go after these two to fulfill Galliani and Berlusconi's wet dreams. Not to mention Adriano is free, which is always a big plus for this team.

Blacktop
22-04-2009, 16:50
Brasileiro: I didn't pull Pato's "attitude problem" story during the Olympics out of my ass. It briefly made its round through the press back then, so it's pointless killing the messenger.

that person is a dida fan

What the f**k does THAT have to do with anything?

K77SH C
22-04-2009, 16:56
I have to disagree with anyone that says Mexes is a player we should sign. He is one of the most overrated players in Seria A. He hardly ever performs for club or country and is rightly criticised because of it. He is no better than Bonera and is prone to fouling just like Bonera has to. We dont need another passenger, we need a warrior in defence.

Not really watched Kjaer, Santacrocce and Zapatta are far better players than Mexes.

Blacktop
22-04-2009, 17:00
Forget Mexes; if we sign Adriano, we're fooked.

spina_don
22-04-2009, 17:23
Santacroce's team, Napoli wouldn't make it into champions league...why can't we go for him...every1 keeps sayin Mexes...Mexes is overrated and he gets a lot of red cards...Santacroce, Agger are the two main targets...one of them would be fantastic...Santa more preferably though...however, i won't complain if we get Agger

Aficio
22-04-2009, 17:23
if I had to choose, better him the nobody.

True ^^

Kjaer, Santacrocce and Zapatta are all good players, but they lack the experiences at top level. A pair of Kjaer and T.Silva plays CL match with the like of MU, Pool, Barca,... not so reliable.

It is hard to find a true WC one.

Mexes, Agger, Kjaer, Santacrocce and Zapatta, one of them is OK, better than noone.

K77SH C
22-04-2009, 17:35
True ^^

Kjaer, Santacrocce and Zapatta are all good players, but they lack the experiences at top level. A pair of Kjaer and T.Silva plays CL match with the like of MU, Pool, Barca,... not so reliable.

It is hard to find a true WC one.

Mexes, Agger, Kjaer, Santacrocce and Zapatta, one of them is OK, better than noone.

I would prefer T.Silva and Santacrocce or T.Silva and Zapatta over Carragher and Skirtel any day.

will4li
22-04-2009, 20:26
thanks! tony75

will4li
22-04-2009, 20:42
I think Alex is almost impossible to get. considering our tight budget, we can swoop kalazhe for lucio(maybe plus oddo),and spend on kjaer or zapata.then we will have both a established and a upcoming physical CD.along with speedy t-silva and reserve bonera,it's a good combination.

I said sendros better than laursen and coloccini is mainly due to he filled our needs,he is a heavy weight,when italian average team played us simple air ball game and always worked to some extent,he stood firm and tall in recent games.plus he is willing to step up from the bench prepared.
Did any big club intend to recruit laursen and coloccini right now? that tells what's their material!

Brasileiro
22-04-2009, 21:27
Brasileiro: I didn't pull Pato's "attitude problem" story during the Olympics out of my ass. It briefly made its round through the press back then, so it's pointless killing the messenger.



What the f**k does THAT have to do with anything?
If you´re saying it, Ok...But I disagree.

I asked for a link because the only player that Dunga said has some type of "attitude problem" in the Olympics was Marcelo...and even the so called "attitude problem" was a joke, since it was attitude(cocky) on the field...

As I said, in Brazil, all reliable sources never wrote about Pato´s attitude problems at Olympics. Even Dunga quotes(imo hards) about Pato´s demotion of first team, was about Pato form and the fact that he doesn´t press the defense like Sobis...

So, if your source was one of the countless Internet sites, or American/European papers that can´t even to write right the name of the cities or clubs here in Brazil...or think my big country is only Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo,you are been deceptive...

One more time I will tell...here in Brazil, this History never existed. At least in the most reliable sources. But if you wanna to believe in some rumor by a foreign site, it´s ok;)

Blacktop
22-04-2009, 23:06
One more time I will tell...here in Brazil, this History never existed. At least in the most reliable sources. But if you wanna to believe in some rumor by a foreign site, it´s ok
No problem, so now let's drop it. What pissed me off was Regin connecting my Pato post with my being a Dida supporter, as if there was ANY connection at all between them. That was beyond idiotic.

edysupriadi
23-04-2009, 00:56
No, since Euro and his mistake, he has shown moments of brilliance and some moments where he seemed totally unconfident (looking like Dida nowadays).

GeoTav, what do you think about Hugo Lloris? he was ever linked with us before right? before he decided to become Lyon's number 1 - than Milan's number 3 .. or all were just rumours? :)

Not many news about his brilliance if there was? is he doing good there?

Aficio
23-04-2009, 01:08
We'll have one good CD, I believe, somehow ^^

And, no Adriano, please. I'd rather take Sheva, as he loves Milan, wants to play and accepts the sub role.

Brasileiro
23-04-2009, 01:14
No problem, so now let's drop it. What pissed me off was Regin connecting my Pato post with my being a Dida supporter, as if there was ANY connection at all between them. That was beyond idiotic.
Yep, thats in the past:smileani:

Tony75
23-04-2009, 02:00
How many geniune wc defenders are there out there?

Not many. None in liverpool, arsenal, one in man u, one in chelsea, on injured in milan, that's about it.

If we can sign someone youngish, quick, and brave I'll be happy. Agger & Mexes don't cut it for me. Zapata, Alex, Santacroce I'd be happy with.

ACMILAN1983
23-04-2009, 03:33
I was reading comments from Cesare Maldini about us supposedly after Kjaer, and I found this quote really interesting.

"If Carlo Ancelotti gives his approval, the player could arrive in Milan.

Contrary to what we believe, this suggests Carlo has quite a large say in the players we get in Milan. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Some other interesting news, Napoli are interested in Zuniga according to the player's agent. As many will know, Santacroce often plays at RB for Napoli. Whilst this doesn't mean they will replace Santacroce with Zuniga, the availability of Santacroce may well rise should Napoli get Zuniga.

@Everyone:
I watch a lot of EPL, so I have a question about Peter Cech...do you guys want him as a Milan goalkeeper next season?? Do you think he´s a reliable player for our goalkeeper position?

His form has dipped a lot and I can't imagine he'd be cheap. We don't desperately need a new GK, so no, right now I don't want him for many reasons.

Next year, I'd like to see Agger and Santacroce.
Nesta recovered (my first wish) and Thiago to turn out a god Defender.
Lately, I am too under the impression that Mexes will arrive (don't know how I feel about that thogh).

As for Flamini, I'd rather see him in the midfield but it might get to crowded.

We will probably sign Adebayor (again, just a hunch, like in Mexes's case).

As for the goalkeeper situation, it's all still a mystery.

So, my ideal starting 11 for the next season would be:

--------------------Marchetti

Zambro--------Nesta-------Thiago-------LB?

--------------------Pirlo-------------------

-------Flamini------------------Gourcuff----

--------------------Kaka-------------------

-----------Pato----------Adebayor---------

The season is long, so these players would of course rotate with Abiatti, Gattuso, Agger, Bonera, Santacroce, Ronaldinho, Boriello, Pippo (?), and some of the future prospects from the youth squad of which we discuss the last few weeks.

Seedorf would play somewhere far far away from Milan

You could quite easily make a defence of...

Santacroce---Nesta--Thiago---Zambro

Btw, to ruin my day, Alex is doing what appears impossible...
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23679234-details/Chelsea+can+march+on+with+%27The+Tank%27/article.do

"Alex has been outstanding and is clearly a top player. He is very quick, has a good sense of anticipation and is very strong in the air. He is very capable on the ball and has a ferocious right foot, which he has shown at free kicks. Riccy's injury problems have been ongoing and as a manager you just can't take chances with that.
Former Chelsea defender Paul Elliott


It´s funny that people still call Alex slow, even with the fact he was tested the second fastest player at PSV( Beasley, that fast North American winger was the first), and with quotes of non biased Brazilians fans as Cocu, Hiddink, Paul Elliott talking about his speed.

Now, for me(Carlo and Braida) thats really bad news:5milan:
Hope Hiddink keep his words and really leave the club next season;)

It doesn't surprise me Alex is quick, he kept up with Sheva at his peak and marked him out of games back then.

gregapenny
23-04-2009, 04:23
I was just thinking... Maybe our attack should stay as it is... Look, when we brought Sheva back, he was a mess. I don't know what they've done to him in Chelsea... And Carlo immediately said that it will take quite some time for Sheva to get back to 100%. From some of his last games it looks like he finally did. He played brilliantly for Ukraine against England, he played good against Lecce and now against this Hungarian team. It would be a waste of time and money if we brought Sheva back just to fix him and then send him on his way back. Let's take him for another year and see what he can do. I mean he couldn't just forgot how to play football... He just needs a chance to shine. Besides we already have a good attack as we are the best goalscoring team in Serie A, despite all the problems.

So, without spending a lot of money on a new attacker, we could use that money to buy one or two world class defenders, one or two solid defenders, and maybe a midfielder if Gourcuff doesn't come back. I think that Borriello really can provide us around 20 goals next season, if he stays healthy, Pato also, and to have players like Sheva and Pippo on the bench is a plus. Because this two players won't complain if they sit on the bench (but they also have to get some playing time, especially in the Serie A against some smaller teams).

Ceceves
23-04-2009, 04:34
I said sendros better than laursen and coloccini is mainly due to he filled our needs,he is a heavy weight,when italian average team played us simple air ball game and always worked to some extent,he stood firm and tall in recent games.plus he is willing to step up from the bench prepared.
Did any big club intend to recruit laursen and coloccini right now? that tells what's their material!

Are you saying that because Senderos is willing to sit on the bench he's better than players who weren't? And Laursen is bigger than Senderos, and better at handling a "simple air ball game".

Also the reason why no club is trying to get Laursen (I don't know about Colo) is that he might be out for 9 months with his chronic knee injury, and is considering retirement.

regin
23-04-2009, 05:13
What the f**k does THAT have to do with anything?

i dint mean to piss you off..but you constantly take shots at other milan players and spare the one you love..i knoe everybody has fav players,but its better being not biased..

GeoTav
23-04-2009, 06:06
I was just thinking... Maybe our attack should stay as it is... Look, when we brought Sheva back, he was a mess. I don't know what they've done to him in Chelsea... And Carlo immediately said that it will take quite some time for Sheva to get back to 100%. From some of his last games it looks like he finally did. He played brilliantly for Ukraine against England, he played good against Lecce and now against this Hungarian team. It would be a waste of time and money if we brought Sheva back just to fix him and then send him on his way back. Let's take him for another year and see what he can do. I mean he couldn't just forgot how to play football... He just needs a chance to shine. Besides we already have a good attack as we are the best goalscoring team in Serie A, despite all the problems.

So, without spending a lot of money on a new attacker, we could use that money to buy one or two world class defenders, one or two solid defenders, and maybe a midfielder if Gourcuff doesn't come back. I think that Borriello really can provide us around 20 goals next season, if he stays healthy, Pato also, and to have players like Sheva and Pippo on the bench is a plus. Because this two players won't complain if they sit on the bench (but they also have to get some playing time, especially in the Serie A against some smaller teams).

But we'll have to pay to keep Sheva !! And that is a waste of money !!
He didn't play brilliantly, he played decently compared to the good old Shevchenko of Milan times ... 1 good game, 20 good minutes in Milan and goals in a friendly game against, no disrespect, almost amateurs who played together for the first time (if I'm not wrong, it wasn't Hungarian NT but a selection of players playing in the Hungarian League) isn't enough to take the risk to keep him. Also take a look at his age ...

If I'm not wrong, I think you're one of the big fans of Sheva so, of course, you'd like him to stay then, but if you really take in consideration his performances, and knowing we'll have to pay anyway to take him next year, you will know yourself there is no way to keep him as it would be one of the worst purchases from all the past mercatos (and some of our most recent purchases were already horrible, for example ... Emerson).

A healthy Pato, a healthy Borriello, a brilliant Inzaghi (because it'll be his last year, so ... he'll probably be more motivated than ever), and a hungry young player (as 3rd/4th choice) OR a WC player to play alongside Pato is what we need, Sheva is nor a hungry young player, nor a WC player anymore.

PS: Look at what one year without regular football did with R80 ... and you'll understand why we can't be too optimistic for Sheva after 2 years without regular football.

Tony75
23-04-2009, 07:12
Silva has recommended us signing Miranda. Brasileiro would they work well together?

gregapenny
23-04-2009, 08:13
I just read that Oddo will return in the summer. I hope we sell him immediately, because he's no good.

Jeff
23-04-2009, 09:12
Coz he can't cross. :D

Brasileiro
23-04-2009, 14:08
How many geniune wc defenders are there out there?

Not many. None in liverpool, arsenal, one in man u, one in chelsea, on injured in milan, that's about it.

If we can sign someone youngish, quick, and brave I'll be happy. Agger & Mexes don't cut it for me. Zapata, Alex, Santacroce I'd be happy with.
You´re right, Tony...
There´s just a few options out there.
Btw, Talking about our WC defender...Silvio Lancelotti, a Brazilian(half-Italian) pundit said that after he talked with some people in Italy(he really have great connections there), he´s afraid that Nesta can´t make it back to football...really bad, bad news :(

Needless to say, that I hope people that talked to him are wrong...but the guy is a friend of Del Piero, Baggio and several people of the press. But the thing that worries me is that he´s a close friend of that mustache guy(can´t remember his name) that was always there when Milan players were sub off...

I know this guy(the mustache one) is a close, close friend of Berlusca...

I´m starting to think Nesta case is more serious than I thought:(

Brasileiro
23-04-2009, 14:20
His form has dipped a lot and I can't imagine he'd be cheap. We don't desperately need a new GK, so no, right now I don't want him for many reasons.



You could quite easily make a defence of...

Santacroce---Nesta--Thiago---Zambro

It doesn't surprise me Alex is quick, he kept up with Sheva at his peak and marked him out of games back then.
First bold part: I agree 100%...I asked that question because Cech since that concussion isn´t more the same player. In the last 2 year his form dropped a lot, but I saw in another Milan board people wanting him...

Second: I´m glad that you remember that series against PSV, because several Milan fans (I don´t know why) can´t remember, as you said, Sheva(at thta time, the Golden Ball) was put out of the game...

P.S. After I wrote that post about Cech form, he had one his best game of the last 2 years against Everton... Shut up! Brasileiro :)

Brasileiro
23-04-2009, 14:48
Silva has recommended us signing Miranda. Brasileiro would they work well together?
Tony, imo they will work together, since they have different styles. But I will not spend another EU-spot on a unproved defender since we already send one on Silva. At least Miranda is a much better player than Alex Silva(now in Hamburgo) that Milan was linked in the near past.

My knock on Miranda(the same on Silva) isn´t lack of talent, but they came to Europe before and for some reason failed to make a impact. To be fair, they were very young, but at the same time, Alex with 19 or 20 was one of the main PSV players in that season they goes to the semi´s.

Also, Miranda play(and very good) in a 3 man defense, and It´s hard to judge the real quality of a defender in that scheme, since the 3 man D can hide some individual flaws...The perfect example of it was the 2002 World Cup when Brazil was the champion, and have the best defense of the tourney with Roque Junior(did a great WC), Lúcio(the only good defender) and Edmilson.

So, despite the fact imo Miranda is a great defender here in Brazil, he´s still a incognito...and I´m not for to spend a no-Eu spot in 2 incognito defenders. If Milan want to spend this spot in a Brazilian, and if Alex deal fail, I´m all for our board to go for David Luiz of Benfica.

Strong, fast, young and showed against us in the last champions, that can play at a high level stage. Plus, this year he´s playing also as a left-back, showing a versatility that I did´n know...

Btw, now I´m not sure, but if I´m not wrong, David has a Portuguese passport. So, if I was in charge, it will be: Alex and Santa my first options, with David replacing Alex if we can´t deal with Chelsea.

Keep in mind that IMO David is better than Santa as a central defender( and it isn´t a knock on Fabiano), but I´m also find important to keep a big Italian core at Milanello. So...

Siregar
23-04-2009, 15:02
( and it isn´t a knock on Fabiano)

Sorry, what did you mean by that sentence? Who is Fabiano?

About David Luiz, do you know, around how much did Benfica pay when they bought David Luiz? I am afraid he is so expensive.

Christian
23-04-2009, 15:17
Brasileiro, what do you think about Diego Souza from Palmeiras? I watched a Palmeiras game a while ago, and he was all over the place in that game, I only cought the last part of the game, but at least in that part. Is he being linked with anyone in Europe, cause he seems like a great talent?

Siregar
23-04-2009, 15:21
What is his position, Christian?

GeoTav
23-04-2009, 15:27
Sorry, what did you mean by that sentence? Who is Fabiano?

About David Luiz, do you know, around how much did Benfica pay when they bought David Luiz? I am afraid he is so expensive.

He meant that David Luiz is a better player than Santacroce (Fabiano) but it doesn't have to be understood in a bad way. To be clear, for Brasiliero, Santacroce is strong, and David Luiz is stronger than the strong Santacroce !! :D

Then, if I'm not wrong, David Luiz is older than Santacroce ...

Christian
23-04-2009, 15:27
Central midfielder, so it's not really somebody we would really need. But I was just curious about him, cause he seemed quite good.

GeoTav
23-04-2009, 15:29
I'm often insomniac, so I think I'm going to try to watch sometimes Brazilian football ... just to see who will be the talents of tomorrow !!

What are the best teams to watch ?? The most entertaining ones ??
And when are the games played generally ??

Siregar
23-04-2009, 15:43
He meant that David Luiz is a better player than Santacroce (Fabiano) but it doesn't have to be understood in a bad way. To be clear, for Brasiliero, Santacroce is strong, and David Luiz is stronger than the strong Santacroce !! :D

Then, if I'm not wrong, David Luiz is older than Santacroce ...

No, I didn't ask about the sentece before the sentence in the bracket since it's very clear. I was only confused about 'Fabiano'.

Blacktop
23-04-2009, 15:53
[Cech's] form has dipped a lot and I can't imagine he'd be cheap. We don't desperately need a new GK, so no, right now I don't want him for many reasons.
If Dida keeps up his steady play over the remaining six games, we're pretty much set in the GK department for one more season if Abbiati is able to return to full fitness. There are more pressing matters for us to deal with, especially the D.

Brasileiro
23-04-2009, 16:09
He meant that David Luiz is a better player than Santacroce (Fabiano) but it doesn't have to be understood in a bad way. To be clear, for Brasiliero, Santacroce is strong, and David Luiz is stronger than the strong Santacroce !! :D

Then, if I'm not wrong, David Luiz is older than Santacroce ...
Thanks, GeoTav, It was what I meant!
As I said, that wasn´t a bashing in Santa qualities, I rate him righ, but just to mean how high I rate David Luiz.

@ Siregar, Fabiano is the first name of Santacroce, a typical Brazilian name...and for me is more easy to write his Brazilian name:)

Reza
23-04-2009, 16:17
I was reading comments from Cesare Maldini about us supposedly after Kjaer, and I found this quote really interesting.

Contrary to what we believe, this suggests Carlo has quite a large say in the players we get in Milan. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.


If money is spent on them they better be at least ok, not to mention a player who has Serie A experience...think about it, I know we talk about it often here on MM, but it shouldn't be that difficult for a scout with inside info to judge how well a player can make the jump from mid-table to top within the same league. Carlo having power or not is moot if he then turns around and not give chances to the players. Management like Milan's have probably had 100 chances to look at players like Kjaer.

Brasileiro
23-04-2009, 16:23
Brasileiro, what do you think about Diego Souza from Palmeiras? I watched a Palmeiras game a while ago, and he was all over the place in that game, I only cought the last part of the game, but at least in that part. Is he being linked with anyone in Europe, cause he seems like a great talent?
Christian, Diego Souza is playing amazing since the final of last year.

He come from Fluminense "farm"...Flu academy is one of the most prolific in Brazil. Marcelo, The twins of Manchester(Fábio and Rafael) are one of the last products. There´s also a forward #11(ian´t professional, maybe 16yold) that is amazing but I can´t remember the name.

Back to your question, you´re right, Diego is originally a CM, but that this year is playing in a more free role at Palmeiras. He was playing in a Seedorf/Gattuso(in our diamond midfield scheme) role last year, but wasn´t doing good. After Palmeiras to sell Valdivia( Palmeiras ex-offensive mid), Luxemburgo gave Diego a more advanced role and the guy blossom.

The guy has power, skills, stamina but is a little hot-head(ala Rooney). If I´m not wrong, he was bought by Benfica, but for some reason come back to Brazil. Imo is a guy that would have to be playing in Europe, but for some reason is still in Brazil...

Brasileiro
23-04-2009, 17:10
[QUOTE=GeoTav;528945]I'm often insomniac, so I think I'm going to try to watch sometimes Brazilian football ... just to see who will be the talents of tomorrow !!

What are the best teams to watch ?? The most entertaining ones ??
Teams(players) to watch:
Internacional(best academy of the last 5 years), Players to Watch:
-Nilmar: Don´t know why he failed in Lyon, but this guy is amazing, I mean AMAZING. If it wasn´t for the 2 serious knee injure, He would be playing in a big of Europe.

-Tison(Second-striker,AMD): Generally play with #7...FAST, skilled and know how to score. revelation of the year...

Sandro(Defensive-Mid/Holder): Captain of under-20 Brazil NT South America Champions. Complete package in a style of Patrick Vieira. Look, I´m not saying he´s the new Vieira...He do Makalele job in Brazil NT, but with the style of Vieira. If I was Dunga, and with our lack of solution in this position, I already have called this boy to test him.

Giulliano(All purpose midfielder): Play in the style of Gerrard and Lampard, doing everything. Imo the most impressive player of the last South America under-20 Championship. Started to play in Kaká´s role, but can play in any spot but Mid holder. Only 18...but what a player!!!

Walter(CF): Big, Strong CF in the mold of Adriano. Not my style of CF(as Adriano wasn´t) But is also from Brazil NT nad as the others already is seen minutes at the first team.

To not go even more off topic, I will go to continue this in Kaká´s father thread...
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20620&page=34

But keep and eye in São Paulo(Hernanes, Miranda, Arouca, Oscar), Cruzeiro(Ramires, Wagner, Bernardo), Santos(Neymar, Madison, Paulo Henrique)...Corinthians have some players but are boring to watch.

Best to watch: Internacional and Cruzeiro, period. So much quality and goes to Kill teams. If they can score 8 goals, they will do it!! Mostly Internacional, they are a joy to watch.


And when are the games played generally ??

The games are played Wednesday/thursday night(8:00hs, 9:40hrs of Brazil), and in the afternoons of Saturday and Sunday(4:00; 4:30 and 6:00 of Brazil)

GeoTav
23-04-2009, 19:38
[QUOTE]
Teams(players) to watch:
Internacional(best academy of the last 5 years), Players to Watch:
-Nilmar: Don´t know why he failed in Lyon, but this guy is amazing, I mean AMAZING. If it wasn´t for the 2 serious knee injure, He would be playing in a big of Europe.

-Tison(Second-striker,AMD): Generally play with #7...FAST, skilled and know how to score. revelation of the year...

Sandro(Defensive-Mid/Holder): Captain of under-20 Brazil NT South America Champions. Complete package in a style of Patrick Vieira. Look, I´m not saying he´s the new Vieira...He do Makalele job in Brazil NT, but with the style of Vieira. If I was Dunga, and with our lack of solution in this position, I already have called this boy to test him.

Giulliano(All purpose midfielder): Play in the style of Gerrard and Lampard, doing everything. Imo the most impressive player of the last South America under-20 Championship. Started to play in Kaká´s role, but can play in any spot but Mid holder. Only 18...but what a player!!!

Walter(CF): Big, Strong CF in the mold of Adriano. Not my style of CF(as Adriano wasn´t) But is also from Brazil NT nad as the others already is seen minutes at the first team.

To not go even more off topic, I will go to continue this in Kaká´s father thread...
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20620&page=34

But keep and eye in São Paulo(Hernanes, Miranda, Arouca, Oscar), Cruzeiro(Ramires, Wagner, Bernardo), Santos(Neymar, Madison, Paulo Henrique)...Corinthians have some players but are boring to watch.

Best to watch: Internacional and Cruzeiro, period. So much quality and goes to Kill teams. If they can score 8 goals, they will do it!! Mostly Internacional, they are a joy to watch.



The games are played Wednesday/thursday night(8:00hs, 9:40hrs of Brazil), and in the afternoons of Saturday and Sunday(4:00; 4:30 and 6:00 of Brazil)

Thank you very much !!
Sunday, there is Santos-Corinthians, I'll try not to forget and watch it ...

About Nilmar, actually, he didn't really fail in Lyon. He was a starter, I still remember his game against PSV in quarter-finals of the CL (the year we played against PSV in semi-finals) ... actually, Lyon should have qualified because, if I remember correctly, Gomes, PSV GK, commited a fool on Nilmar in the area at 5 minutes of the end ... that should have been a penalty, and if it was scored, Lyon was qualified. But the referee didn't whistle anything, and Nilmar even didn't contest the (non-)decision whereas the replays showed there was a clear foul of Gomes. He was still very young at this moment, I think he was around 19-20yo when he was in Lyon (and nowadays he must be 24-25yo ?) ?
Anyway, he left Lyon because he said he couldn't live in France anymore, and Europe more generally because Brazil and his family missed him. It's why I was surprised when I saw at the last mercato that one of the Italian clubs (can't remember which one) were near to sign him ...

will4li
23-04-2009, 19:57
Originally posted by ceceves

Are you saying that because Senderos is willing to sit on the bench he's better than players who weren't? And Laursen is bigger than Senderos, and better at handling a "simple air ball game".

Laursen skinny is bigger than senderos? maybe all the dane think so.:faint:

maslok
24-04-2009, 01:51
One word. :)

Please, don't make a right back from Santacroce. Of course he can play. But do we need a player who [u]can[/b] play as a right back? Daniele Bonera also can play as a right back. Imo we should look after a player who has got abilities to playing brave in attacking zones. With all my respect for Santacroce - there are players who has got characteristics to do it better. I even prefer making right back from Mathieu Flamini or Ignazio Abate.

No offence. ;)

It's obvious that we need a striker and centre back. But if it goes about the rest, we should wait to the end of season. Then we will see who will be Milan's coach and what plan will he have.

ACMILAN1983
24-04-2009, 02:51
If Dida keeps up his steady play over the remaining six games, we're pretty much set in the GK department for one more season if Abbiati is able to return to full fitness. There are more pressing matters for us to deal with, especially the D.

That's still a big questionmark, but I'm happy to keep Dida as a backup. However, if he is to stay, I would only feel happy for him to stay if he takes a pay cut, as he's not worth the salary he's earning.

If money is spent on them they better be at least ok, not to mention a player who has Serie A experience...think about it, I know we talk about it often here on MM, but it shouldn't be that difficult for a scout with inside info to judge how well a player can make the jump from mid-table to top within the same league. Carlo having power or not is moot if he then turns around and not give chances to the players. Management like Milan's have probably had 100 chances to look at players like Kjaer.

That's a good point, but it's just we often here on boards about the argument that Carlo doesn't pick the players we buy. Truth is, Carlo not playing players is a different argument, but if I read that statement correctly, then he is pretty much getting the players he wants in the first place, making this whole argument that he gets players forced on him void.

One word. :)

Please, don't make a right back from Santacroce. Of course he can play. But do we need a player who [u]can[/b] play as a right back? Daniele Bonera also can play as a right back. Imo we should look after a player who has got abilities to playing brave in attacking zones. With all my respect for Santacroce - there are players who has got characteristics to do it better. I even prefer making right back from Mathieu Flamini or Ignazio Abate.

No offence. ;)

It's obvious that we need a striker and centre back. But if it goes about the rest, we should wait to the end of season. Then we will see who will be Milan's coach and what plan will he have.

Abate right now is an unknown quantity as a RB, so he really shouldn't be considered for the role until we've seen him playing it or he has developed his "skill set" to adapt to the role.

Flamini is an option, and Santacroce is another option depending on how we want to set up. Whilst Bonera hasn't looked too comfortable in RB at Milan (he had a period where he was brilliant, but never recreated those performances), Santacroce has performed the role to a high standard at Napoli on a number of occasions. On top of that, with all due respect to Bonera, Santacroce looks to be a better defender with the physical characteristics to better adapt to RB than Bonera (e.g. he's quicker, more agile and has better acceleration than Bonera).

The reason why I put Santacroce at RB in Fret's lineup is because it's a possibility and he didn't know who should be at LB. Personally, I'd play a different system to Fret completely.

Ceceves
24-04-2009, 03:17
Laursen skinny is bigger than senderos? maybe all the dane think so.:faint:

It's not about nationality, it's about stating the facts: Laursen is (a little) taller than Senderos! Maybe Senderos is heavier - I don't know. I'm sure Laursen has a lower body fat percentage than Senderos, but is that a bad thing?

PS. I now see that according to some websites Laursen is a little shorter than Senderos :p1510:, but really what matters is how how he makes use of those centimeters, and from what I've seen, he's more dominant in the air than Senderos.

Siregar
24-04-2009, 03:38
About Dida, I hope he can regain his old performance 2002/03 til a couple of years later BUT we can't keep two very good GK (if Dida can regain his best performace and Abbiati can do like he had done this season) since their wages are high. Milan lost so much money in this sector. I am not talking about wages from our starters but our backup players.

If I am not mistaken, Dida earns now about 4 million euros per a year and this is a way too much for a backup GK (if Abbiati can take the first GK spot next season).

Serie A have already disadvantage with their very high taxes and Milan should really care about the players' wages managing. I am with management if they want to spend big money for our stars but not for the backup like Kaladze, Emerson (before he left Milan), etc. Big wages (with certain limit of course) for stars is a must if we want to keep Milan as a big club, if not we would be like Arsenal co. that can't keep their stars.

We can still fight with Barca (with current situation) for certain players even they could offer double wages than Milan can offer but still we have famous name for certain things that can attract players (warm family, Brasilian environment, CL's second best team, etc.) BUT not if we only offer 1/4 or 1/5 than Barca's offer for the player's wages.

Siregar
24-04-2009, 03:46
It's not about nationality, it's about stating the facts: Laursen is (a little) taller than Senderos! Maybe Senderos is heavier - I don't know. I'm sure Laursen has a lower body fat percentage than Senderos, but is that a bad thing?

PS. I now see that according to some websites Laursen is a little shorter than Senderos :p1510:, but really what matters is how how he makes use of those centimeters, and from what I've seen, he's more dominant in the air than Senderos.

I agree that Laursen is a better defender in the air (or even much better). Senderos is bigger than Laursen but still Senderos still can't offer the quality in the air like Laursen did with Milan. But what makes me like Senderos than Laursen,as already stated by others, is that his mentality when he steps into the game. When he plays, he looks like he is the starter of the club from mentality point of view. Even in his debut game, he played comfortably even he was not in his best fitness and made some mistakes because of it.

I will keep him for backup if Milan can buy him much lower than the price circulated in the press (8 mil pounds/euros).

Gabriel489
24-04-2009, 04:55
I cannot believe you will keep Senderous as backup for us. Thats bascially shows the quality we been having as CB since Stam left and thats not too long ago.

Senderous to me is byfar the second worst option for us in CB and thats mainly b/c Kaladze is the worst option.

If we are serious about competiting for the league and CL, we can't afford to have someone like Senderous on the team.

To me, we actually need at least two more CBs for next year as Nesta is not coming back and even if he is, he needs at least 6 months to get back to his old self.

My dream is Santacroce and Zapata but that probably won't happen. Most likely we will sign Agger and either Miranda, Felipe or Canini.

rinogattuso
24-04-2009, 05:06
Record deficits, more than 50 million euros in Milan's budget to be approved today in the assembly of members. Failure to participate in the Champions League this year will weigh on the campaign next purchase, but the treaty is only for Adebayor frozen until June.

I think this is good news but we need opinion from Economist lol

GeoTav
24-04-2009, 05:27
Record deficits, more than 50 million euros in Milan's budget to be approved today in the assembly of members. Failure to participate in the Champions League this year will weigh on the campaign next purchase, but the treaty is only for Adebayor frozen until June.

I think this is good news but we need opinion from Economist lol

Kidding ?
There are two ways to understand it:
- they voted a "50M transfer budget" (purchases+wages) so we have a deficit of 50M
- we lost a lot of money this year (at least 25M from the non qualification to the CL) and so we won't be able to pay tons of millions this summer

I think it is the second solution ... or a combination, we lost for example 25-30M this season, and they voted for a budget of 20-25M for the next mercato, which leaves us with a 50M deficit ?

rinogattuso
24-04-2009, 05:37
Wages are difrent story they arrive from another way!!Seson tickets 30-40 mil. where that money goes..?etc..Berlusconi pocket..

I don't understand ec. language but I know whith 100% sure that form TV-rights,sponosrs,CL we can have around 30 milions and form Finininves ???

Siregar
24-04-2009, 05:57
I cannot believe you will keep Senderous as backup for us. Thats bascially shows the quality we been having as CB since Stam left and thats not too long ago.

Senderous to me is byfar the second worst option for us in CB and thats mainly b/c Kaladze is the worst option.

If we are serious about competiting for the league and CL, we can't afford to have someone like Senderous on the team.

To me, we actually need at least two more CBs for next year as Nesta is not coming back and even if he is, he needs at least 6 months to get back to his old self.

My dream is Santacroce and Zapata but that probably won't happen. Most likely we will sign Agger and either Miranda, Felipe or Canini.

Who do you think it's better option (from quality point of view) for our backup (not starter)?

If we can get one or two good-great CBs then we will play like : Silva-CB-CB-Zambro. Maximum we can only have 3 good-great CBs and we can't afford the backup for them are the same quality with them.

GeoTav
24-04-2009, 05:57
Wages are difrent story they arrive from another way!!Seson tickets 30-40 mil. where that money goes..?etc..Berlusconi pocket..

I don't understand ec. language but I know whith 100% sure that form TV-rights,sponosrs,CL we can have around 30 milions and form Finininves ???

Berlusconi has given money, but legally, he can't take money from the club "to put it in his pocket" ...

What is Finininves ? :D
Yes it's what I said, with CL (so TV rights etc), you earn about 25-30M ... we didn't have these 25-30M this season !!

slifersd
24-04-2009, 05:59
Wages are difrent story they arrive from another way!!Seson tickets 30-40 mil. where that money goes..?etc..Berlusconi pocket..

I don't understand ec. language but I know whith 100% sure that form TV-rights,sponosrs,CL we can have around 30 milions and form Finininves ???

No worries, the management will find a way to piss all that money away so we have no money to spend on the market again.

rinogattuso
24-04-2009, 06:12
Berlusconi has given money, but legally, he can't take money from the club "to put it in his pocket" ...

What is Finininves ? :D
Yes it's what I said, with CL (so TV rights etc), you earn about 25-30M ... we didn't have these 25-30M this season !!

My friend you miss the point! Brlusconi gives FROM his pocket to players wages not all but..

You first time hears for Fininvest main Milan sponsor last decade..?!?!

Fininves is the holding company of one of the world’s leading media groups with a leadership position in commercial television and cinema, through Mediaset and its subsidiary Medusa, in publishing, through Mondadori, as well as in sport, through A.C. Milan.. Berlusconi gives his money and Fininvest constatly evry season.

Fininvest Group has concentrated mainly on its core business with over 15 billion euros in investments.Fininvest is a financial holding company controlled by Silvio Berlusconi's family. The Fininvest Group is composed by many important companies like mediaset etc.

GeoTav
24-04-2009, 07:11
My friend you miss the point! Brlusconi gives FROM his pocket to players wages not all but..

You first time hears for Fininvest main Milan sponsor last decade..?!?!

Fininves is the holding company of one of the world’s leading media groups with a leadership position in commercial television and cinema, through Mediaset and its subsidiary Medusa, in publishing, through Mondadori, as well as in sport, through A.C. Milan.. Berlusconi gives his money and Fininvest constatly evry season.

Fininvest Group has concentrated mainly on its core business with over 15 billion euros in investments.Fininvest is a financial holding company controlled by Silvio Berlusconi's family. The Fininvest Group is composed by many important companies like mediaset etc.

I think we completely misunderstand each other because it's what I said ... :D
Berlu has given money directly from his pocket, I just added that he didn't take money from the club for himself as it can't be legal (whereas Italy has special laws).

Seriously, about Fininvest (I didn't make the link between Fininves and Fininvest :D, sorry), I knew that name, but I didn't know it was the name of the firm of Berlu. I thought the name was Mediaset, so you teached me that actually Mediaset is just a part of Fininvest ... ^^

ACMILAN1983
24-04-2009, 07:23
Supposedly, we're prepared to sell Gourcuff to finance Miranda (I read it on goal.com I think). Hopefully just rubbish. We're also apparently after Felipe from Udinese.

rinogattuso can you provide a source for this transfer bugdet please?

Firstly, my understanding of it is we don't know the deficit. The paragraph says there are record deficits, but it doesn't say what that deficit is. It then suddenly says that there will be an agreed budget of more than 50m euros. Does that mean that we will have a deficit of 50 million euros? Then what precisely is the bugdet for? It just says it's a 50m euro bugdet, which doesn't specify what for. For all we know, it's 30m euro for transfers, 5m for milanlab, 5m for some other department etc. There's very little sense in that first sentence.

Next, the CL part. It is unclear whether it's trying to say that failure to participate in CL this season will affect our transfer market OR whether it's trying to say that failure to participate in CL next season will affect our transfer market. Finally, that bit about Adebayor makes no sense.

Basically, it's poorly written, and the way it's written makes it appear to be sensationalist. On top of that, I doubt a club like Milan (and probably any club) will publicly let their buget be known. It's poor business strategy when we're in a market trying to negotiate "cheap" deals. Essentially, it sounds most likely that this is just some rubbish dreamt up by the media.

rinogattuso
24-04-2009, 07:26
Milan is one off the most powerfull clubs on planet!! Berlusconi is give tu us so much and he must have our respect! just look at Millanelo and MilanLab that is NASA technology..supreme!!

Maldini is reteirment 31.5. I think that was a biggest event of that kind ever..on that day we will heard who will be next sucesor lol..that's impossible!!

rinogattuso
24-04-2009, 07:38
For me most corectly source MILANNEWS.it

Com'n guys financial politics in Milan are behind closed doors..what a deficit and :S:S look at the salaryes of our players!!

Kaka 9 mil. Dinho 7 mil. Sheva 6.5 Flamster 5.5 mil. Gattuso,Nesta,Seedorf,Pirlo,Dida,Kaladze,Inzaghi form 5-3.5 milions per season etc...

On the list pf 20 mostly expensive playes by the wages Milan have 8 HAHAHAH!! Grande Favalli earns like Fabregas cccccccc

maslok
24-04-2009, 07:49
ACMILAN1983, so sorry. I've though that you want to see Santacroce playing regularly as a right back.

If it goes about physical characteristics I can argue with you, but there is no reason to do it. ;) What I would like to say is that I don't think that Santa is faster, but he's more lively and active than Bonera, who is static. But the main problem is - have you ever seen Santacroce's crosses? I haven't and we don't know how he can do it. Santa is very unpredictable in bad way of this word understanding.

Summing up - I'm against making a right back from Santacroce. It will be crazy option to buy player and change his role so much.

Let's wait to the mercato. :)

mrki
24-04-2009, 08:00
Personally, I dont give a **** about money stats. AC Milan has so much money that, as Beckham rightly sayd: "money is not an issue in here.".

Wages show that.

Only problem in Milan is that Galliani MISSED a LOT of transfers and a lot of money went nowhere. Our coach/medical/milanello in general also mistreated a lot of players and we missed CL so we lost more money etc.

AC Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world together with Barcelona, MAdrid, Juventus, United... if we cant invest 50-60 mln in the summer like a big team to fix the tean that is apparently too old and not working well then **** them all.

Im not asking for 5 super star players, but for serious behaviour. 2,3 great players(Thiago is already here, plus one Cf and one more CB and Beckham to stay), Yoan and 2,3 young ones. New coach and serious work. That will not cost too much. Galliani said something like that will happen...

As it looks to me, we could be in the bid for Trez.

GeoTav
24-04-2009, 08:33
Personally, I dont give a **** about money stats. AC Milan has so much money that, as Beckham rightly sayd: "money is not an issue in here.".

Wages show that.

Only problem in Milan is that Galliani MISSED a LOT of transfers and a lot of money went nowhere. Our coach/medical/milanello in general also mistreated a lot of players and we missed CL so we lost more money etc.

AC Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world together with Barcelona, MAdrid, Juventus, United... if we cant invest 50-60 mln in the summer like a big team to fix the tean that is apparently too old and not working well then **** them all.

Im not asking for 5 super star players, but for serious behaviour. 2,3 great players(Thiago is already here, plus one Cf and one more CB and Beckham to stay), Yoan and 2,3 young ones. New coach and serious work. That will not cost too much. Galliani said something like that will happen...

As it looks to me, we could be in the bid for Trez.

Maybe did he say that, but he also said he cut his wage to be able to play in Milan ... because the most important wasn't money but playing in Milan (so it's probably the same interview, you just cut the quote :D).

Are you ok with Trezeguet coming here ?
Personnally, but I'm biased about it, I don't want ... I never liked this player (seems like I already said that about other French players !! lol). He can score, but it would take ages for me to be able to support him in our shirt (he would have to score 50 goals in his first season to help me to do it faster), and like he is 32, I think I'll never be able to do so ...

GeoTav
24-04-2009, 08:50
It is official: the contract of Adriano in Inter is cancelled ...

mrki
24-04-2009, 08:59
No I dont want Trez in Milan. But the quality of this world class no.9 player is not as issue. He is an absolute killer.

Beckham cut his wage which is now probably like 5,6 mln and not 12 :)

But trust me, if Berlusconi wants, money is not a question in ac milan. And I didnt cut a quote to change the meaning man. Im no politician :)

ACMILAN1983
24-04-2009, 09:35
About all this money talk, we must remember that yes Berlu finances many times for the club, but he and the club are trying to become self sufficient (which is highly ambitious), rather than having a sugar daddy that won't be there forever.

More importantly, can someone provide a source for all this 50m euro talk? I would like to see the story properly.

ACMILAN1983, so sorry. I've though that you want to see Santacroce playing regularly as a right back.

If it goes about physical characteristics I can argue with you, but there is no reason to do it. ;) What I would like to say is that I don't think that Santa is faster, but he's more lively and active than Bonera, who is static. But the main problem is - have you ever seen Santacroce's crosses? I haven't and we don't know how he can do it. Santa is very unpredictable in bad way of this word understanding.

Summing up - I'm against making a right back from Santacroce. It will be crazy option to buy player and change his role so much.

Let's wait to the mercato. :)

That's fine, I'm personally with you in that I want a decent wing back, not just a fullback.

As for comparing Bonera with Santacroce, neither of us can be sure who's faster, and really it's a needless argument. I haven't seen Santacroce's crosses, but when I put him at RB I wasn't necessarily looking at his attacking contribution.

One thing I disagree with, I don't think asking Santacroce to play RB is to force him to change roles because in Napoli he's frequently playing RB.

maslok
24-04-2009, 09:52
Writting "right back" I mean a man who play on the right hand side in the foru man defensive line. Napoli plays 352 for a long time, so there is no right back which I'm writting about. :) Santacroce - Cannavaro - Contini. There is a three man defensive line and there is no right back who is responsible for attacking by right or left wing.

I'm sure U know what I mean. ;)

Christian
24-04-2009, 10:26
It is official: the contract of Adriano in Inter is cancelled ...

A shame what happened to him. We all know that wouldn't have happened at the right side of Milan ;)

I know there's been a little talk about perhaps he could join us, but I'm 99% sure there's a clause in the deal that restricts him from joining a major European Club for some time.

Brasileiro
24-04-2009, 10:42
Thank you very much !!
Sunday, there is Santos-Corinthians, I'll try not to forget and watch it ...

About Nilmar, actually, he didn't really fail in Lyon. He was a starter, I still remember his game against PSV in quarter-finals of the CL (the year we played against PSV in semi-finals) ... actually, Lyon should have qualified because, if I remember correctly, Gomes, PSV GK, commited a fool on Nilmar in the area at 5 minutes of the end ... that should have been a penalty, and if it was scored, Lyon was qualified. But the referee didn't whistle anything, and Nilmar even didn't contest the (non-)decision whereas the replays showed there was a clear foul of Gomes. He was still very young at this moment, I think he was around 19-20yo when he was in Lyon (and nowadays he must be 24-25yo ?) ?
Anyway, he left Lyon because he said he couldn't live in France anymore, and Europe more generally because Brazil and his family missed him. It's why I was surprised when I saw at the last mercato that one of the Italian clubs (can't remember which one) were near to sign him ...
Thanks for the info, GeoTav!
Man, I hate when Brazilian players do this...Sure, sometimes it´s a real family problem that they don´t want to make public. But guys Like Viola, Marcelinho Carioca, Edmundo, Renato Gaúcho "closed" the market for years for Brazilian players...

At least the new generation are more professional.

Btw, the Italian club that almost get Nilmar was Palermo.

Regarding wage debate: I don´t agree with this "Dida must cut his wage" debate. This is not American Football or NBA with a cap room(so, if you aren´t performing or aging it´s natural thing to be cut or agree with a pay cut).

In our football isn´t natural to have wages cuts in big clubs...and in my opinion(you can all disagree), thats send a wrong message to free agents and possible purchases. Remember, when Dida earned this wage he was still one of the best in the business. Sure, one can say he receives a new agreement when he started to decline his form, but Dida didn´t put a gun on Galliani/Berlusca head to receive this contract.

Maybe our board thought at that time, that if Dida could stay health(like right now), he could be the same of the past, who knows??? But one thing is for sure, the guy never complained when Carlo send him to the bench, and from reports that I know is one of the most professionals players at Milanello. So, Dida isn´t a Adriano...

Pirlo in the last 2 seasons was far from the player we know(the injure was also a factor), and if we had competition in his position, or if he was a foreign(strong words :) ) he would had be benched. And I really doubt people would be claiming for a pay cut...

I know this is polemic, but a contract(for both parts) is a contract. It needs to be respected. Or if it´s not worth, brake it paying the rescission clause.

As I said, you can all disagree, and Dida helps the cause because his a malign(imo unfairly) person here, but IMHO this send a strong, wrong message for the world of Football. IMHO you need to respect the contract if the player is a real professional...

Let´s the "fight" begin:r14: :)

Warro Bantan
24-04-2009, 10:50
It is official: the contract of Adriano in Inter is cancelled ...
Hmmm as has been said, I am sure there is a clause preventing him from joining another European club...and to be honest, not sure I would want him in Milan...though I will admit he might be a better target than Trezeguet....:firedev:

Maltese Charlie
24-04-2009, 11:40
[QUOTE=ACMILAN1983;528996 More importantly, can someone provide a source for all this 50m euro talk? I would like to see the story properly.[/QUOTE]


Are you referring to this? (calciomercato.com)

Milan 66 mln in meno senza Champions

18:10 del 24 aprile

L'assemblea dei soci del Milan ha approvato il bilancio 2008 chiuso con un fatturato di 237,9 milioni di euro e una perdita di 66,8 milioni di euro causata prevalentemente dalla mancata partecipazione all'ultima edizione della Champions League. L'amministratore delegato e vice presidente vicario, Adriano Galliani, ha spiegato che "mantenere un organico da Champions League senza farla ha fatto lievitare le perdite" e ha aggiunto che "questa proprietà non ha intenzione di avere perdite di decine di milioni di euro all'anno" come avvenuto nelle ultime due stagioni.

Reza
24-04-2009, 11:52
One person (Berlusconi) using his personal money or not to compete we need money for transfers. You can argue that football transfers fees will fall because of this or that or you can try to reduce the wage bill to kind of compensate but at the end of the day to compete, especially on the European front, requires money. Without it you will be disappointed, any team might be able to be a surprise for one season but long term the chances are virtually nil.

Gabriel489
24-04-2009, 12:03
Who do you think it's better option (from quality point of view) for our backup (not starter)?

If we can get one or two good-great CBs then we will play like : Silva-CB-CB-Zambro. Maximum we can only have 3 good-great CBs and we can't afford the backup for them are the same quality with them.

Bonera is much better option than Senderous and I will give a shot to Darmian and Albertezzi.

And what will Senderous do beside sitting on the bench and earn 2.5Mil a yr.

gregapenny
24-04-2009, 12:06
OK I think our board is making excuses and alibis in advance...

We are going be in the red even more if we don't start winning. So we should heavily invest in new players this summer and then have a quality team for let say five years that can compete and win trophies. With winning trophies the money would come and could again invest in new players. But with buying old players or not buying at all we are going to be in the red even more.

Gabriel489
24-04-2009, 12:09
About wage cut, I think players should just accept the fact that if they are not performing they should accept a wage cut, just like when they are performing well, they always ask for a new and improve contract despite having 4 yrs left in the current deal.

Having said all that, it is no right and wrong here, it all depends on your pt of view. As a fan though, I think the MGT is stupid to offer great deals to older players(like over 32-3) as their performances is 90% likely to decline.

GeoTav
24-04-2009, 12:26
Hmmm as has been said, I am sure there is a clause preventing him from joining another European club...and to be honest, not sure I would want him in Milan...though I will admit he might be a better target than Trezeguet....:firedev:

Firstly, I just wanted to rely the information here ... ^^
Then, as the contract is finished, there is no more link between Adriano and Inter !! I think ...

GeoTav
24-04-2009, 12:57
Thanks for the info, GeoTav!
Man, I hate when Brazilian players do this...Sure, sometimes it´s a real family problem that they don´t want to make public. But guys Like Viola, Marcelinho Carioca, Edmundo, Renato Gaúcho "closed" the market for years for Brazilian players...

At least the new generation are more professional.

Btw, the Italian club that almost get Nilmar was Palermo.

You hate that ?? I can understand it ... if the guy is very attached to his family and if the family doesn't follow him in Europe, it just shows, when the guy comes back to Brazil to be near them, that money isn't the only thing that counts for these ones. Nilmar came from Brazil directly in Lyon, the best French club, so the following step should have been one of the biggest European clubs (Milan, Barcelona, MU, ...).

His main problem is that he is injury-prone, but if he wasn't, I would hope that we take him immediately as he is very complete.

A website gave the value (of course, they will be sold more for the ones coming in Europe) of the 10 most valued Brazilian players, playing in Brazil:
1: Hernanes (23yo) - 15M
2: Miranda (24yo) - 15M
3: Fred (25yo) - 12M
4: Keirrison (20yo) - 11M
5: Nilmar (24yo) - 10M
6: Ramires (22yo) - 8M
7: Douglas Costa (18yo) - 8M
8: Thiago Neves (24yo) - 7,5M
9: Dagoberto (26yo) - 6M
10: Bruno (21yo) - 6M

About Miranda, a French website recalls that he came to Sochaux and that he failed to play in Ligue 1 ...

Siregar
24-04-2009, 13:15
Bonera is much better option than Senderous and I will give a shot to Darmian and Albertezzi.

And what will Senderous do beside sitting on the bench and earn 2.5Mil a yr.

I count Bonera as backup but not Kaladze, so I hope Milan sell him next season (very unlikely) and we need one more CB for backup (4th. CB). For this spot, I choose Senderos as he has advantage in physical condition (but he must cost lower than 8 mil pounds/euros and earn suitable wages).

Regarding Darmian, I will opt to loan him out so he can gain so much experience as he really needs it next season but we can add Albertazzi as 5th. choice for the CB (he won't get so many chances, the goal is to introduce him to the first team and probably he could play as substitute in Serie A games when Milan are winning).

So, my choice looks like this

Silva--Alex/Santa---Agger--Zambrotta

or

Zambrotta--Alex/Santa--Silva--Agger

with Bonera, Senderos and Albertazzi as backups for CBs position.

xvr11
24-04-2009, 14:15
Why are people so eager to loan out Darmian who is 2 years older then Albertazzi but not loan Albertazzi?

Siregar
24-04-2009, 14:41
Why are people so eager to loan out Darmian who is 2 years older then Albertazzi but not loan Albertazzi?

You have already said the answer : Darmian is 2 years elder compare to Albertazzi. :D

Darmian should be more easy to loan out compare to Albertazzi except Albertazzi is a much more talanted than Darmian but the fact is that Darmian has more experience than Albertazzi which means Darmian right now is better than Albertazzi which also means small clubs will have more interest in him than in Albertazzi (except like I said before, Albertazzi is much more talented than Darmian).

Aficio
24-04-2009, 16:24
You have already said the answer : Darmian is 2 years elder compare to Albertazzi. :D

Darmian should be more easy to loan out compare to Albertazzi except Albertazzi is a much more talanted than Darmian but the fact is that Darmian has more experience than Albertazzi which means Darmian right now is better than Albertazzi which also means small clubs will have more interest in him than in Albertazzi (except like I said before, Albertazzi is much more talented than Darmian).


So Albertazzi will take the chance to play with first team (from Darmian), and since he is more talented, he would be the new Maldini ^^

Blacktop
24-04-2009, 17:01
That's still a big questionmark, but I'm happy to keep Dida as a backup. However, if he is to stay, I would only feel happy for him to stay if he takes a pay cut, as he's not worth the salary he's earning.

The thing is, Dida still has something left in the tank. Emerson sucking up 4 million a year to regularly warm the bench was far more sacrilegious.

Siregar
24-04-2009, 20:06
So Albertazzi will take the chance to play with first team (from Darmian), and since he is more talented, he would be the new Maldini ^^

Hehehe I hope you will be right. I am still confused about his quality. Last year he was good. He was called to the U-19 national team even he was still 17 years old or so and brought a couple of times to the first team but this year it seems that he is not doing so well. He was not called up to the U20 or U21 national team when Darmian was called up (I thought his quality was better than Darmian) and he was not called up the last friendly match (Pasini instead was called up but Albertazzi might be injured, I don't know). Yeah, I don't follow him well, somebody who watches Primavera games should give his opinion to produce a much more accurate view about Albertazzi.

rt9
24-04-2009, 20:48
Hmmm, this potential Trezeguet deal may be interesting. The guy is experienced, proven goalscorer and has the physical presence we need in the box. Only thing though is that he is pretty injury prone...But knowing Juve, I dont think they will allow a player still contracted to them to leave for a direct rival. If he leaves, I think chances are he goes to Barca or Bayern Munich or something.

GeoTav
24-04-2009, 21:19
Hmmm, this potential Trezeguet deal may be interesting. The guy is experienced, proven goalscorer and has the physical presence we need in the box. Only thing though is that he is pretty injury prone...But knowing Juve, I dont think they will allow a player still contracted to them to leave for a direct rival. If he leaves, I think chances are he goes to Barca or Bayern Munich or something.

There were reports about Juventus wanting Seedorf some times ago ... it's the only way I can accept this deal: Trez <=> Seedorf, allowing Gourcuff to come back. Then, if Gourcuff doesn't come back, Seedorf has to stay (as backup in different positions of the midfield).

Anyway, there were also reports about us being interested by Carrozzieri from Palermo ... now we know we won't try to get him as he was controlled positive to cocaine. He risks a 2 year suspension.
The main problem with that is that Kjaer could be kept at all prices by Palermo, at least at this next mercato as they will need another defender to replace Carrozzieri (so if they sell Kjaer, they will need two defenders) !!

Mystik
24-04-2009, 21:35
I honestly would take Treze in a heartbeat. Give him the ball in the box and he WILL score (once it's not on the penalty spot of course...:grinser:). He's the perfect profile of a striker that we need. A reliable goal scorer who won't affect Pato's playing time one iota. If this is true I 100% agree with this move once he's not too expensive of course. Use the money on CD and LB and get Gourcuff or some creative CM here. We have too much trouble breaking down tight defenses.

Brasileiro
24-04-2009, 23:05
About wage cut, I think players should just accept the fact that if they are not performing they should accept a wage cut, just like when they are performing well, they always ask for a new and improve contract despite having 4 yrs left in the current deal.

Having said all that, it is no right and wrong here, it all depends on your pt of view. As a fan though, I think the MGT is stupid to offer great deals to older players(like over 32-3) as their performances is 90% likely to decline.
Fair enough, Gabriel...great points.
As you said, there´s no right or wrong...
Your last point was one of the reason Lampard almost goes to Inter. Mourinho guarantee a 5 years deal for him, but Chelsea was reluctant...

I remember that Scolari push Chelsea MGT to give Lampard this huge 5 years contract, even at his age. Until now, they appears genius, but one big injure(Lamps is a great professional) and this 5 years contract will be like ours...

It´s always a bet...

Brasileiro
24-04-2009, 23:33
[QUOTE=GeoTav;529012]You hate that ?? I can understand it ... if the guy is very attached to his family and if the family doesn't follow him in Europe, it just shows, when the guy comes back to Brazil to be near them, that money isn't the only thing that counts for these ones. Nilmar came from Brazil directly in Lyon, the best French club, so the following step should have been one of the biggest European clubs (Milan, Barcelona, MU, ...).
No, maybe I wasn´t clear...
As I said, I hate when they give lame excuses...I even said that sometimes there´s cases like of Nilmar that are true. What I didn´t stand are guys like Viola, J. Baptista, Edmundo giving shame full reasons to come back as: Food, Weather, etc...



His main problem is that he is injury-prone, but if he wasn't, I would hope that we take him immediately as he is very complete.
Man, he´s a joy to watch. Pure speed , skills and goals...It´s like to see Pato...


A website gave the value (of course, they will be sold more for the ones coming in Europe) of the 10 most valued Brazilian players, playing in Brazil:
1: Hernanes (23yo) - 15M
2: Miranda (24yo) - 15M
3: Fred (25yo) - 12M
4: Keirrison (20yo) - 11M
5: Nilmar (24yo) - 10M
6: Ramires (22yo) - 8M
7: Douglas Costa (18yo) - 8M
8: Thiago Neves (24yo) - 7,5M
9: Dagoberto (26yo) - 6M
10: Bruno (21yo) - 6M

About Miranda, a French website recalls that he came to Sochaux and that he failed to play in Ligue 1 ...


My opinion about a top 10:
1: Hernanes
2: Ramires
3: Neymar(potential, and almost a reality for Brazilian football;# 1 potential))
4: Nilmar(only because of the history of injures, if not, the #1)
5: Douglas Costa(Huge potential, but needs to prove himself)
6: Keirrison(not sold on him, but the potential is huge)
7: Miranda(Best defender playing here)
8: Fred(the come back to Brazil hurt his stock)
9: Taison(Goals, blazing fast, skills)
http://www.internacional.com.br/pagina.php?modulo=3&setor=25&secao=26&subsecao=&codigo=241&categoria=7
10:My bets
Giuliano:
http://www.internacional.com.br/pagina.php?modulo=3&setor=25&secao=26&subsecao=&codigo=521&categoria=6
Sandro:
http://www.internacional.com.br/pagina.php?modulo=3&setor=25&secao=26&subsecao=&codigo=428&categoria=5

The club that pay huge money or more than 4M for Dagoberto, Bruno or Thiago Neves is doing a big mistake(imo)...

Brasileiro
24-04-2009, 23:38
Hmmm as has been said, I am sure there is a clause preventing him from joining another European club...and to be honest, not sure I would want him in Milan...though I will admit he might be a better target than Trezeguet....:firedev:
I saw his agent today live on TV...
He said that there´s no clause. That if Adriano want to goes to Milan they can do it(I really hope not). But he said that Adriano wants to play some time in Brazil before come back to Europe. I don´t know, but later he almost contradict himself...He said that Adriano just didn´t want to go back to Italy.

Imo he will be playing in Europe next season...

Aficio
25-04-2009, 01:01
Hmmm, this potential Trezeguet deal may be interesting. The guy is experienced, proven goalscorer and has the physical presence we need in the box. Only thing though is that he is pretty injury prone...But knowing Juve, I dont think they will allow a player still contracted to them to leave for a direct rival. If he leaves, I think chances are he goes to Barca or Bayern Munich or something.

I honestly would take Treze in a heartbeat. Give him the ball in the box and he WILL score (once it's not on the penalty spot of course...:grinser:). He's the perfect profile of a striker that we need. A reliable goal scorer who won't affect Pato's playing time one iota. If this is true I 100% agree with this move once he's not too expensive of course. Use the money on CD and LB and get Gourcuff or some creative CM here. We have too much trouble breaking down tight defenses.

Same here :D Money for CD :3band: Trez >> Sheva >> Adriano

Gabriel489
25-04-2009, 01:07
TO me I think Adriano is a bad bad idea and I hope Galli won't sign him even if he is for free.

mrki
25-04-2009, 01:53
Its nice to see such resious football talk in here once again. Thanx for that!

About Trezeguet. Again, I personally ADORE him as a player. For me he is still one of the best classic no.9's in the world. But I dont want Euro football to become like an NBA. Some things are above money. Shevchenko destroyed his career and his image coz he couldnt see that, Trez is a Juventino, Adriano is an Interista ( di merda...). I dont want them in Milan. Simply as that. Even the Zambrotta case is something of a sad even from that point of wiew.

I really think Milan will have new coach next year, Ancelotti is not learning English coz he wants to travel a lot. Its obvious kind of...

Someone mentioned a switch Seedorf-Trez...noone is that stupid in Juve. Trez is worth at least 15mln rght now, while Seedorf obviousely cant play serious top football anymore.

We have a chance to reinforce our squad with 3 bys in the summer + Yoan and Thiago. There is also some good news about Sandro Nesta etc. It could be more then a serious team. Only thing we need to work on is a non-professional approach that was visible in Milan is past 2-3 years.

About CB solution. I have come to conclusion that Brasiliero was right and that an ideal solution for us would be Alex. But I think that WILL NOT HAPPEN. instead, I can see Milan already having Agger. Reports months ago said he has taken his secret medical, and he doesnt want to prolong with L'pool. Galliani in the same time talked about left footed defender etc. Only problem they now have is a question of NEsta. If Nesta cant play, Milan needs 2 new CB's.

And it will also be interesting to see who will buy Benzema in the end. As Im convinced this man is a top class striker who can play at any club in the first 11. We will not pay such money for him, that is for sure.

And Milan should really ask Yoan to come back as it would be a shame not to let him play and sell him for 15mln. Young and gifted technically, VERSATILE ( aldough its claimed he can only play as a AM, he can also play as a LM, RM, CM ) player. We gained a lot in the end with Beckham's class, we can also gain a lot with Yoan's.

Having a midfield of: Pirlo, Gattuso, Flamini, Beckham, Jankulovski, Gourcuff, Ambrosini, Kaka', Ronaldinho... is something that can be used in a complete rotation sistem in which players are never exausted and wasted. But the rotation sistem is a necessary. Tempo and dinamism of the game cannot be created with players that play 50 games per year.

rt9
25-04-2009, 01:54
Agreed. Adriano would be hopeless. Would have been funny if we swapped Emerson for Adriano before both tore up their contracts..:)

ACMILAN1983
25-04-2009, 03:29
Writting "right back" I mean a man who play on the right hand side in the foru man defensive line. Napoli plays 352 for a long time, so there is no right back which I'm writting about. :) Santacroce - Cannavaro - Contini. There is a three man defensive line and there is no right back who is responsible for attacking by right or left wing.

I'm sure U know what I mean. ;)

Very good point actually, many times he is on the right side of a 3 man defence. However, I'm sure I've seen him play RB on quite a few occasions, including against us in the recent match where he was brilliant (though in that match he was generally marking Pato, so moved a lot until the second half where he stayed more centrally). Either way, as I said, I want him for CB if we get him, simply because that's his most natural role and he should play consistently there.

There's also a lot of talk of Thiago in RB (something mrki originally brought up). This is another possibility. The guy started his career as a right winger, then was a fullback before being moved centrally. Though I'm not sure what he's like at fullback, it's worth keeping this in mind.

Regarding wage debate: I don´t agree with this "Dida must cut his wage" debate. This is not American Football or NBA with a cap room(so, if you aren´t performing or aging it´s natural thing to be cut or agree with a pay cut).

In our football isn´t natural to have wages cuts in big clubs...and in my opinion(you can all disagree), thats send a wrong message to free agents and possible purchases. Remember, when Dida earned this wage he was still one of the best in the business. Sure, one can say he receives a new agreement when he started to decline his form, but Dida didn´t put a gun on Galliani/Berlusca head to receive this contract.

Maybe our board thought at that time, that if Dida could stay health(like right now), he could be the same of the past, who knows??? But one thing is for sure, the guy never complained when Carlo send him to the bench, and from reports that I know is one of the most professionals players at Milanello. So, Dida isn´t a Adriano...

Pirlo in the last 2 seasons was far from the player we know(the injure was also a factor), and if we had competition in his position, or if he was a foreign(strong words :) ) he would had be benched. And I really doubt people would be claiming for a pay cut..

In all honesty, the football world seriously needs to reevaluate it's salary system, because it's very poorly structured. In Dida's case, I think considering his performances in the last few years and his current role at the club, he's not worth the salary he earns. Whilst I'm not for a forced salary cut, it would make sense for him to accept a pay cut like Gattuso publicly said he would if needed, especially with the current financial situation (maybe he would accept a pay cut, we don't know). That's why I'm not against selling him outright, because he doesn't have much time left at Milan anyway during which time it's unlikely he'll stay a starter, and really it's in the best interest of Milan to sell him off now.

When Dida's contract was renewed and he got this salary, I don't think he was one of the best in the business. It was a huge mistake by the management to give him this contract imo, and ultimately, it's these kinds of mistakes that we are paying for now.

As for Dida's professionalism, this I don't doubt for a second. He's never complained, accepted the bench and has been available when asked. On top of this, he's shown he's working hard in his performances. As a professional, I can't blame him for taking what he's getting, I bet everyone in here would do the same if offered the same.

One last note about him, I think many lost a lot of respect for him after the antics at Celtic. Whilst not correct, personally, I think he was made a bad guy when it should have been a much bigger security issue.

(calciomercato.com)

Milan 66 mln in meno senza Champions

18:10 del 24 aprile

L'assemblea dei soci del Milan ha approvato il bilancio 2008 chiuso con un fatturato di 237,9 milioni di euro e una perdita di 66,8 milioni di euro causata prevalentemente dalla mancata partecipazione all'ultima edizione della Champions League. L'amministratore delegato e vice presidente vicario, Adriano Galliani, ha spiegato che "mantenere un organico da Champions League senza farla ha fatto lievitare le perdite" e ha aggiunto che "questa proprietà non ha intenzione di avere perdite di decine di milioni di euro all'anno" come avvenuto nelle ultime due stagioni.

Thanks, I think that's it, but it appears to say something VERY different to what was originally posted.

mrki
25-04-2009, 05:08
the Sun reported Kaka' has "agreed" terms with United... I dont care about that, Kaka' will stay.

But Galliani spoke how we are in negative balance and we have no money for mercato...surprised? How Berlusconi sacrifices himself, bla,bla... And how its osvaldo's ( fiorentina ) fault we didnt play CL and lost money. He joked of course, but he should be serious and look at the tape from Napoli-Milan and see why Milan played like it played, which lineup was choosen and whoose fault it was we went with 3 md's and COMPLETELY wrong lineup for a game we needed 3 points from to play CL. Its better they just shut the **** up then to talk nonsence all the time. its disgusting.

maslok
25-04-2009, 05:28
ACMILAN1983, in three man defensive Santacroce playing right - centre back has more freedom than centre back in four man defensive line. He can move forward in area, because he's supported by centre - centre (heheh ;D) back. But it's hard to say that he plays frequently as a right defender. :)

Gabriel489
25-04-2009, 05:41
Excuses, excuses, excuses. At the end of the day, Galli is still the big mouth and the fall guy and Berlu is the hero, why am I not surprise.

Back to this summer.

Like a lot of you, I believe Carlo is as good as gone unless we finish first this year. He is really not learning English for nothing unless it is his plan to teach Sheva's kids English in order for Sheva to stay.

Sheva is also as good as gone, as I really don't think he will stay in Milan as even Berlu knows that. With the recent events with Dida(wage issue) and Emerson, I hope Galli will think twice before signing someone who ain't playing well in other teams and offering big deals to players over 33+.

Senderous will also be gone as 8Mil for him is just crazy and he is really not worth the money and trouble.

Kalac, Favalli and Cap will leave due to retirement, while I strongly believe that Seedorf(since Carlo is gone), Kaladze and even Pirlo will leave Milan in the summer.

Reasons for that is mainly b/c Janku will switch to play Midfield next year, and with Yoan coming back and Dinho staying, there is really no room for Pirlo. As the new coach will most probably play Kaka, Dinho and Pato up front with Gattuso, Flamini and Janku behind them.

For signings, I think most if not all new signings will be in the defense department, 1GK and 2 CBs. Hopefully the CBs will be two of Santacroce, Zapata, Agger, Felipe, Canini or Vidic. Most likely will be Lucio and Agger.
As for the FB role, I think with Oddo coming back, Zambro will move to the left and have Antonini and Mattioni as subs.

I really hope Berlu will dig into his own pockets and bring Benezma but I doubt that will happen.

maslok
25-04-2009, 06:02
Excuse me, I don't belive in Pirlo leaving. What I want to say is that I don't want Pirlo to leave. He's very useful player and since back after the injury he plays well. Some of you are writting about "slowduo" - Seedorf and Pirlo. Andrea is absolutely key player and he can play modern football. That's my opinion.

Benzema? Do we really need him? The same what with Keirrison. Even if we would pay 30 / 40 mln €. Paying big amounts of money for players we don't need is crazy idea. :)

gregapenny
25-04-2009, 06:08
We are 67 million euros in red, mostly because of the absence in CL. I read today on calciomercato that Berlusconi will cover that 67 million from he's own pocket. The board of shareholders also approved a budget for the summer mercato (but the number was not disclosed) and they also gave more power to Galliani.

Look even Galliani is not that dumb. He knows that if we don't bring in some quality players the results will continue to be bad and that means that the red numbers are going to grow. Everybody knows that. I think Galliani is playing it smart. He is trying to make everyone believe that we are not going to make big moves in summer mercato, but in reality he is calmly building a strategy to bring our targets to the club.

GeoTav
25-04-2009, 07:16
Someone mentioned a switch Seedorf-Trez...noone is that stupid in Juve. Trez is worth at least 15mln rght now, while Seedorf obviousely cant play serious top football anymore.

I did but it was more a joke than a serious sentence ... ^^

And it will also be interesting to see who will buy Benzema in the end. As Im convinced this man is a top class striker who can play at any club in the first 11. We will not pay such money for him, that is for sure.

If he didn't lie, he won't ask to leave this summer and Lyon won't sell him this summer.
The main problem that Lyon will have this summer is to ask themselves:
- if they don't qualify to CL as they are now 3rd (it qualifies the French team for the preliminary round of CL) but if Lille and Toulouse win their games tonight/tomorrow (don't know), these teams will be back 1 or 2 point behind Lyon and the schedule of Lyon could lead them to the 5th place), will they sell their best players ? Their president said no and that even without qualifying, they will invest big money (which is around 30-40M in France)
- is the very bad form of Benzema since the start of 2009 going to extend to the next season ? Or will he come back to his level ? Because he only scored 12 goals in Ligue 1 this season whereas he was introduced like the next big thing of 2008-2009 after his very good last season ... he isn't worth 10M nowadays and I'm serious.

GeoTav
25-04-2009, 07:28
We are 67 million euros in red, mostly because of the absence in CL. I read today on calciomercato that Berlusconi will cover that 67 million from he's own pocket. The board of shareholders also approved a budget for the summer mercato (but the number was not disclosed) and they also gave more power to Galliani.

Look even Galliani is not that dumb. He knows that if we don't bring in some quality players the results will continue to be bad and that means that the red numbers are going to grow. Everybody knows that. I think Galliani is playing it smart. He is trying to make everyone believe that we are not going to make big moves in summer mercato, but in reality he is calmly building a strategy to bring our targets to the club.

They said they will wait the end of the season to start to "move" ... but we know that most of our agreements are often prepared before the start of the mercato and while the season is still on ... so I think that Galliani and co are going to start their work nowadays, now that this budget is voted. But we won't know anything before June/July of course ...

GeoTav
25-04-2009, 07:34
Like a lot of you, I believe Carlo is as good as gone unless we finish first this year. He is really not learning English for nothing unless it is his plan to teach Sheva's kids English in order for Sheva to stay.

Actually, a club like Milan and a coach in Milan have to speak English, it's a must ... I was quite surprised when I read that report about Ancelotti learning English (I asked myself "What ?! Only now ?!). So that doesn't mean he will go coaching in England at all.

The fact that he doesn't speak English (and most of our players seem not to speak English too) can explain the difficulties for some new players coming to Milan without speaking Italian, I think about Beckham even if he seems integrated, Gourcuff, and any other player coming from Spain, England or France for example. English can help to explain things to new players (imagine when Gourcuff arrived: he didn't speak one word of Italian, how to understand quickly what he has to do ? lol ... it's maybe why he only got few minutes on the pitch, Ancelotti needed 85 minutes to explain him his role).

Bosniaco
25-04-2009, 09:25
Change of topic, Milan wants to exchange Darmian for Astori who plays for Cagliari and is in the coownership with us. I have seeing the debut of this guy against Inter and he did play well, a Bonera type of player but could develope to be a good CB. I'm all for this exchange. I guess Darmian would go on loan to Cagliari.

Aficio
25-04-2009, 09:34
You're right, GeoTav.

I've just remember that Maldini can speak English and he was linked with Chelsea long ago :D, when Gianluca Vialli was the coach.

GeoTav
25-04-2009, 09:59
Change of topic, Milan wants to exchange Darmian for Astori who plays for Cagliari and is in the coownership with us. I have seeing the debut of this guy against Inter and he did play well, a Bonera type of player but could develope to be a good CB. I'm all for this exchange. I guess Darmian would go on loan to Cagliari.

The most logical move would be to give Darmian not to pay the Cagliari part of Astori, or at best, co-owning Darmian (but Cagliari don't pay for that part + they get Darmian) to take Astori without paying ...

Anyway, I understand that like we don't want to pay !! :D

PS: What's the source please ??

Gabriel489
25-04-2009, 10:50
Well, the reason why I am for selling Pirlo is due to Dinho staying in Milan. As both of them even though they are different types of players but how their functions on the pitch is about the same with Dinho having more flair and also being a difference maker.

As for Carlo, I really think he should leave and I think he will only stay on if there is really no better replacements, but if the season started like how we did, he is gone after two games.

To me, Carlo, Seedorf, Kaladze and Dida are must leave if not Milan will never be the team that dominate again.

Hasan Rossonero
25-04-2009, 10:50
Ancelotti: Kjaer is a great player, and I like him. We are also following Astori from Cagliari (rough translation).

"Penso a Kjaer del Palermo e ad Astori ora a Cagliari. Kjaer è un difensore molto giovane, che ha dimostrato grandi qualità. Mi piace molto. Seguiamo molto anche Astori: è un giocatore nostro che non ha fatto tante partite quest'anno, ma che ha evidenziato chiari miglioramenti. Per la prossima stagione, comunque, penso che il reintegro completo di Gattuso e il pieno recupero di Nesta e Borriello, in aggiunta a Thiago Silva che è già nostro e pronto a giocare, ci eviterà di andare in giro a prendere chissà chi."- gazzetta

GeoTav
25-04-2009, 10:59
Ancelotti: Kjaer is a great player, and I like him. We are also following Astori from Cagliari (rough translation).

"Penso a Kjaer del Palermo e ad Astori ora a Cagliari. Kjaer è un difensore molto giovane, che ha dimostrato grandi qualità. Mi piace molto. Seguiamo molto anche Astori: è un giocatore nostro che non ha fatto tante partite quest'anno, ma che ha evidenziato chiari miglioramenti. Per la prossima stagione, comunque, penso che il reintegro completo di Gattuso e il pieno recupero di Nesta e Borriello, in aggiunta a Thiago Silva che è già nostro e pronto a giocare, ci eviterà di andare in giro a prendere chissà chi."- gazzetta

Thanks !!
For Kjaer, like I reported yesterday, I think it's going to be hard to get him now that Carrozzieri is out ...

They still hope and count Nesta, I'd say that if Nesta can come back, it will be like a purchase, a new player coming from nowhere, so they should stop speaking about Nesta for next year and do like if he won't come back ...

Our defence (CBs) nowadays is: Maldini, Senderos, Kaladze, Favalli, Bonera, Nesta (6 players)

So for people who say that Kaladze has to be sold, by knowing that Maldini will retire for sure, that Favalli could retire (nothing sure), that Senderos will be sent back to Arsenal, and that Nesta doesn't really count (he will be a bonus player) ...

For moment, that leaves us with: Kaladze, Bonera, Thiago Silva (3 players + Nesta)

So who will be the next players ?
Astori, Albertazzi, who else ? We need a WC defender to be a starter.

mrki
25-04-2009, 11:35
:rone:If they see that Nesta can play, and now that is possible to look at and not only hope coz of the operation that has been done, we'll probably sign one CB. My assumption is that Agger will be that player. Kaladze will not leave Milan unless he wants to, as he is a close friend to Berlusconi, has some benefitial investments with him etc. Again, I'd use him as a LB. He can play it better then CB. All of our defenders showed they are not up to the task when they dont have Nesta playing alongside them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

But this is more interesting!

Breaking news in here:

Ricardo Kaka' has reportedly already agreed to sign for croatian 1st league team NK Osijek. Kaka' has, according to a source that is close to a player and the club, agreed to spread the beauty of football and to represent humanity by playing in lower league to proove money is not everything. After winning it all he decided that it is time to live peacefull life. His transfer will be payed by croatan guverment and his fee will be simbolic. Kaka' will become a honorable citizen of city Osijek. Berlusconi cannot do anything becouse the clause will be broken with 120mln payed in.

Kaka' had reportedly refused transfers to united and Madrid saying his love for the game and childern is more then a fame to him. There are still doubts will that happen this or next year, but unnamed sources are sure it is already a done deal. Meanwhile his coach Carlo Ancelotti will go and coach Chelsea for 12mln per year, and his life wish to coach Alex will be granted.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope we can somehow stop Ricky :)

GeoTav
25-04-2009, 12:02
Breaking news in here:

Ricardo Kaka' has reportedly already agreed to sign for croatian 1st league team NK Osijek. Kaka' has, according to a source that is close to a player and the club, agreed to spread the beauty of football and to represent humanity by playing in lower league to proove money is not everything. After winning it all he decided that it is time to live peacefull life. His transfer will be payed by croatan guverment and his fee will be simbolic. Kaka' will become a honorable citizen of city Osijek. Berlusconi cannot do anything becouse the clause will be broken with 120mln payed in.

Kaka' had reportedly refused transfers to united and Madrid saying his love for the game and childern is more then a fame to him. There are still doubts will that happen this or next year, but unnamed sources are sure it is already a done deal. Meanwhile his coach Carlo Ancelotti will go and coach Chelsea for 12mln per year, and his life wish to coach Alex will be granted.

You summarized in one single post what is the job of journalist nowadays (especially the ones in sports and politics): creating the news without any link with reality :D
And then, if their prediction (yes it is a kind of prediction and not an information) happens, they will say "we're a reliable source !!" ...

El Fre
25-04-2009, 12:09
OK, now to some serious business. :)

I think that Tevez could be useful to us, and there are stories that his loan spell with MU will end this summer...Maybe he could be the guy to partner Pato in the long run....

I know his transfer would be very complicated due to his ownership, but if "The Great Dictator" can't do it, no one can:grinser:

Christian
25-04-2009, 12:32
OK, now to some serious business. :)

I think that Tevez could be useful to us, and there are stories that his loan spell with MU will end this summer...Maybe he could be the guy to partner Pato in the long run....

I know his transfer would be very complicated due to his ownership, but if "The Great Dictator" can't do it, no one can:grinser:

Well as far as i know we can buy him this summer without Man Utd being able to do much about it. Though I don't think it's gonna happen.

I do agree though, with reports about us throwing 30M at Adabayor I'd honostly rather have Carloz Tevez. He's not a target man, but I don't really think that's what we necessarily need. A target man isn't that necessary in a 4-3-1-2, although it is usefull against teams like Torino that 'park the bus', but in that case we already have Borriello.

The reason I'd rather have Carlos Tevez is that first of all a 30M player, Adabayor or Tevez, would demand to be playing every game, against Torino and against Inter. We're not gonna be throwing long balls or constant crosses up on a target man against a good team like Inter or Juventus, we're gonna be doing as we always have, trying to dominate possesion, and in that kind of game Tevez would just work much better. I'd see him as a support striker for Pato, who would be the goal-scorer, the 9. He's already proven he is a reliable goalscorer when he plays that role, and it's already been brought up earlier how much better his stats are in a goal-scorer role.

I believe Tevez would be a much needed hard worker in attack, and would bring something we don't have now, unlike Adabayor who's just Borriello-2.0, only downside is that he's Argentinian :doh:

nefremo
25-04-2009, 12:44
He's Argentinian but having already played in Brazil with Corinthians, coming to Milan should be second nature to him. :rone:

Jeff
25-04-2009, 12:50
I do think we need a target man; someone who can hold up the ball and then the team needs to run and create space. Gila was supposed to be that target man but he is too weak.

hitmannq8
25-04-2009, 13:16
gila was not weak at all, he was psychologically like a little girl...that was his prob. Tevez would be perfect. or better even - Zarate

Blacktop
25-04-2009, 13:28
Kalac, Favalli and Cap will leave due to retirement
Actually, Kalac confirmed in the Aussie press that next season will be his last, whether it's with us or someone else.

And who is Cap?

El Fre
25-04-2009, 13:33
gila was not weak at all, he was psychologically like a little girl...that was his prob. Tevez would be perfect. or better even - Zarate

that ship just sailed...

But I agree that having Tevez would be great, Pato would be able to be the real number 9, and not the support striker or a winger...I remember Brasiliero said something about him being wasted as a winger...

Brasiliero, opinion on Tevez-Pato combo please?

When I said that signing him would be difficult, I meant it because of that sport agency...MSI??? or something like that, the owners of tevez...

El Fre
25-04-2009, 13:35
Blacktop, The Cap is our captain, the one and only, #3.

GeoTav
25-04-2009, 14:53
When I said that signing him would be difficult, I meant it because of that sport agency...MSI??? or something like that, the owners of tevez...

Actually, there won't be any problem with MSI as they want to sell the player ownership to a club ... the problem was before, they were the owners, and so they loaned Tevez (and Mascherano) to the clubs, something like that.
It's the second year in MU for Tevez I think and they still didn't pay anything to have him (except the wages of course).

This kind of deal isn't (wasn't ?) in the rules of FIFA if I'm not wrong.

Blacktop, The Cap is our captain, the one and only, #3.

It's sad to say but there is a "before Maldini" and there will an "after Maldini", let's just hope the story will be as beautiful as when Maldini was there (I use past but he is still here, so let's enjoy his last games).

PS: Actually, I say "it is sad", but no, it's not sad at all, it's even the contrary, what would be sad would be that Maldini retires and it's the end of Milan because of that :D

Mystik
25-04-2009, 15:57
^^ Yes but to young people like myself...there has never been a Milan without Maldini...and Maldini's don't come around too often. Look around the world and the only defender with his class is nursing a shoulder(?) injury at Milanello.

GeoTav
25-04-2009, 16:52
^^ Yes but to young people like myself...there has never been a Milan without Maldini...and Maldini's don't come around too often. Look around the world and the only defender with his class is nursing a shoulder(?) injury at Milanello.

I'm like you, I only know Milan with Maldini as he played his first game in Milan the year I was born ... and I know it's going to be weird without him !! :(

Christian
25-04-2009, 17:06
Idd it's gonna be strange without Maldini there... My first football shirt was with Maldini on the back, and like many others I've never experienced Milan without him. I hope he stays in football though, although I don't think I would want him to be a coach, since people tend to take it out on the coach in bad times... wouldn't want to see people slamming Maldini.

Hasan Rossonero
25-04-2009, 19:44
It's true, by the time I started supporting Milan (1987), Maldini had already been playing for two years.

What surprised me about Carlo's announcement is that Galliani said a few days ago that he would not be discussing targets. Carlo doesn't seem to care though. He has this air about him; you know, when you know you are about to get fired or quit, and you just don't give a rat's ass.

spina_don
25-04-2009, 21:21
It's true, by the time I started supporting Milan (1987), Maldini had already been playing for two years.

What surprised me about Carlo's announcement is that Galliani said a few days ago that he would not be discussing targets. Carlo doesn't seem to care though. He has this air about him; you know, when you know you are about to get fired or quit, and you just don't give a rat's ass.

That's very true...maybe Galliani and Carlo aren't yet on the same page....we'll have to wait and see...All i know is that we must and i mean MUST get a talented and World Class CB

Brasileiro
25-04-2009, 22:34
that ship just sailed...

But I agree that having Tevez would be great, Pato would be able to be the real number 9, and not the support striker or a winger...I remember Brasiliero said something about him being wasted as a winger...

Brasiliero, opinion on Tevez-Pato combo please?

When I said that signing him would be difficult, I meant it because of that sport agency...MSI??? or something like that, the owners of tevez...
Imo, works fine...fine not, great. It will be like Nilmar - Tevez part2.
I just don´t know if I would pay the amount Kia Jorabichian(sp?)will ask for him...

Brasileiro
25-04-2009, 22:40
It's true, by the time I started supporting Milan (1987), Maldini had already been playing for two years.

What surprised me about Carlo's announcement is that Galliani said a few days ago that he would not be discussing targets. Carlo doesn't seem to care though. He has this air about him; you know, when you know you are about to get fired or quit, and you just don't give a rat's ass.
Me too, Hasan...I started(supporting Milan) one year after you, when Maldini was still a LB...

A few times we bought a player Galliani or Carlo discussed in media. They are the kings of the smoke screen. Imo Carlo didn´t do this of his own mind...

Maybe I´m wrong, but imo they are always working together...

zakakhan
26-04-2009, 03:02
Imo, works fine...fine not, great. It will be like Nilmar - Tevez part2.
I just don´t know if I would pay the amount Kia Jorabichian(sp?)will ask for him...

tevez is good player, but the asking price of 32m pounds just too much, I think Milan should look for Villa or paldulski.

rosoneri_11
26-04-2009, 03:40
tevez is good player, but the asking price of 32m pounds just too much, I think Milan should look for Villa or paldulski.


I think Podolski is a big joke, tevez is very good, but Villa is a world class striker.
If you want a striker for many many goals Villa is the perfect.

Fret
26-04-2009, 03:44
Although I really admire Villa, I'm curious of how our attack would look like with 2 identical (small) strikers.
Of course, both Pato and Villa are fantastic and this duo would be perffect IMO

El Fre
26-04-2009, 03:58
I watched Valencia:Barca last night and I must say both Silva and Villa were great..too bad Juve is interested in both of them and we aren't...:(

rosoneri_11
26-04-2009, 05:09
I watched Valencia:Barca last night and I must say both Silva and Villa were great..too bad Juve is interested in both of them and we aren't...:(

Don't worry like Galiani says "We rule the market! " (of no needed players)

maslok
26-04-2009, 05:43
Villa, Tevez, Zarate? Dudes, they aren't players which we need.

Tony75
26-04-2009, 06:54
Why are they not?

El Fre
26-04-2009, 07:52
Maslok's right. First we take care of the defense, than we can think who to bring for the attack.
Technically, we scored the most goals in serie a this year and conceded 5 more than inter which probably cost us points in 3-4 games, hence the 10 points gap...
So, the defense it the issue here.

Brasileiro
26-04-2009, 11:14
I watched Valencia:Barca last night and I must say both Silva and Villa were great..too bad Juve is interested in both of them and we aren't...:(
El Fre, it´s not a knock on you, I´m just using your post because of the players mentioned, ok?

I really like to see Villa and Silva in a big of Europe(sorry to Valencia supporters), and out of Spain.

I want to see what they can do without the "protection" of Spanish press, or how they will coup with the pressure of being a foreign in another league. Spanish press always are "super kind" with local players, and they almost don´t face real pressure.

Besides the players that are in Liverpool(with a Spanish coach), I can´t remember one of this "no miss" Spanish player doing great outside Spain.

Maybe it´s a unfair affirmation, but I really can´t remember...

I also remember people claim here that to not go for Vargas was the biggest error of Milan Board. Well, since the season is finishing, now is time to tell: He can´t cope with Fiorentina pressure, I can´t even think of him in San Siro...

Heck, there was also Perea, the can´t miss defender...a good defender, incredible fast, but far from a can´t miss purchase. People just need to watch 4 or 5 games of Atletico to see that he wasn´t worth the hype. And the list goes on...

People needs to relax regarding mercato, and do not believe in all the hype. Not every player is so good, or can perform in a team like Milan...

Brasileiro
26-04-2009, 11:21
tevez is good player, but the asking price of 32m pounds just too much, I think Milan should look for Villa or paldulski.
As I always said here, Tevez is a good player, with a BIG heart, but there´s no ways he´s worth this type of money.

This type of Money are for players that can put the team on their back, and "win the game alone"...

El Fre
26-04-2009, 11:28
El Fre, it´s not a knock on you, I´m just using your post because of the players mentioned, ok?

No problem, Brasileiro. ;)

You are right that there are players who were over-hyped and just can't cope with the pressure. Vargas is a great example, so is Gilardino, typical mid-table team players.

But, Villa and Silva showed in the Euro that they can play at the highest level and that the pressure isn't something they fear. So I think Villa especially can play anywhere in the world, including Milan.

Brasileiro
26-04-2009, 11:31
I think Podolski is a big joke, tevez is very good, but Villa is a world class striker.
If you want a striker for many many goals Villa is the perfect.
Yep, my friend...Podolski has to much to prove in football.

I´m not sold on in Villa...

Ceceves
26-04-2009, 11:31
El Fre, it´s not a knock on you, I´m just using your post because of the players mentioned, ok?

I really like to see Villa and Silva in a big of Europe(sorry to Valencia supporters), and out of Spain.

I want to see what they can do without the "protection" of Spanish press, or how they will coup with the pressure of being a foreign in another league. Spanish press always are "super kind" with local players, and they almost don´t face real pressure.

Besides the players that are in Liverpool(with a Spanish coach), I can´t remember one of this "no miss" Spanish player doing great outside Spain.

Well there's Fabregas - If he was what you'd call a "no miss" player. And Luis Suarez in the old days.

But there haven't been that many Spanish players who have played abroad because, much like Italian and English players, they have a strong league at home. And the Spanish media, to my knowledge, aren't more protective of their own players, than the Italian or English media.

And the whole "Spanish players can't succeed in Italy"-thing is exagerated. To me a large part of it is due to the players in question being average or at least not that good in the first place (like José Mari).

Brasileiro
26-04-2009, 15:26
No problem, Brasileiro. ;)

You are right that there are players who were over-hyped and just can't cope with the pressure. Vargas is a great example, so is Gilardino, typical mid-table team players.

But, Villa and Silva showed in the Euro that they can play at the highest level and that the pressure isn't something they fear. So I think Villa especially can play anywhere in the world, including Milan.
Thanks to not take it as personal, El Fre...I wrote that because in the past I have a hard time here, quoting someone to talk about a general subject. The guy really take it personal...

Back to your post...Great point, El Fre!
To be honest, I´m more a fan of Villa(despite not to be a believer) than Silva...
And I´m really curious to see these guys playing in another country...maybe I´m wrong, but I can´t trust them out of a "Spanish environment"...
We´ll see ...

Mystik
26-04-2009, 15:29
...and I have come to the conclusion that Balotelli is a big spoilt brat who I never want to see wearing our red and black colours. And to think he's this annoying and he isn't even world class...far less if he actually develops into a good player.

Aficio
26-04-2009, 15:36
I agree about Balotelli, and Podolski, too.

It is ok if we keep Sheva and invest in Santacroce (even wonderful), I like this boy, Kjaek need more experience.

Keeping Beck and make Flamini a RB, the French's running is what we need, despite of his cross (we have Beck to do that).

GeoTav
26-04-2009, 15:52
I agree about Balotelli, and Podolski, too.

It is ok if we keep Sheva and invest in Santacroce (even wonderful), I like this boy, Kjaek need more experience.

Keeping Beck and make Flamini a RB, the French's running is what we need, despite of his cross (we have Beck to do that).

One part of the first bold sentence is not very good ... no, I don't write about buying Santacroce :D but about keeping Sheva. We need effective strikers for next year, especially as we will be back in CL !!

For Beckham, it will be hard to keep him as he has to come back in the USA until January and then he will be free to sign anywhere. If we have some trouble with injuries or if some players don't perform well, we'll have to offer him a contract as I think he will accept to come back. But if our midfield is magical again :D, then he will be useless and so we will have to "ignore" him.

For Flamini, he is still young (25 yo), he can improve. About his position, Ancelotti admitted that Flamini doesn't like playing at RB (and as far as I remember, it was the same for LB in Arsenal) but like he makes very good performances, he will probably still play there.

PS: I just hope that Flamini is not an idiot ... why ? An idiot would voluntary play bad at RB to play again in midfield !! :D

Blacktop
26-04-2009, 16:04
...and I have come to the conclusion that Balotelli is a big spoilt brat who I never want to see wearing our red and black colours. And to think he's this annoying and he isn't even world class...far less if he actually develops into a good player.

I think the Inert environment plays a factor. There's often been an every-man-for-himself mentality over there with the riffraff on that squad. A complete 180 from us, for sure.

Brasileiro
26-04-2009, 16:06
Well there's Fabregas - If he was what you'd call a "no miss" player. And Luis Suarez in the old days.
How can someone call Fabregas a normal player?? Why the irony? Did I said that? FAbregas imo is amazing

Btw, just one player(didn´t saw Suarez playing) and he also had time to adapt. As I said, maybe I´m wrong, but I can´t remember of more...
But there haven't been that many Spanish players who have played abroad because, much like Italian and English players, they have a strong league at home.
And I don´t ask for many, just a few...despite the fact your point is right(about strong leagues), you have much more Italians that make a impact outside than Spanish players.

And the Spanish media, to my knowledge, aren't more protective of their own players, than the Italian or English media.
Now I completely disagree. If you think opinions in Diario Marca, As, Mundo Deportivo and Sport aren´t more protective, I don´t know what to say. Heck, these papers opinions(regarding foreign players) are racist some times.

A guy like Raul would not get that protection in England, Brazil or Argentine. Or a player like Sergio Ramos will not be seen as a world class CB, or protected buy all his B.S. outside the field. For much less, guys like Robinho, Deco, Banega saw the hell in Spain...

England press(like Brazilian and Argentine) think their players are the best in the world, and that nobody can´t compete with them. But if you do not delivered, you will be bashed fast...

And the whole "Spanish players can't succeed in Italy"-thing is exagerated. To me a large part of it is due to the players in question being average or at least not that good in the first place (like José Mari).

I agree that is exagerated(and I didn´t said that), but at the same time, the best player of Valencia some years ago(Mendieta) also failed and not only in Italy.

What I´m curious to see, is one of these guys out of their comfort zone...maybe I´m wrong, no problem with that, but imo they are not used to a rash treatment. Can´t wait for this moment, even if if they prove me wrong...

Aficio
26-04-2009, 16:19
One part of the first bold sentence is not very good ... no, I don't write about buying Santacroce :D but about keeping Sheva. We need effective strikers for next year, especially as we will be back in CL !!

For Beckham, it will be hard to keep him as he has to come back in the USA until January and then he will be free to sign anywhere. If we have some trouble with injuries or if some players don't perform well, we'll have to offer him a contract as I think he will accept to come back. But if our midfield is magical again :D, then he will be useless and so we will have to "ignore" him.

For Flamini, he is still young (25 yo), he can improve. About his position, Ancelotti admitted that Flamini doesn't like playing at RB (and as far as I remember, it was the same for LB in Arsenal) but like he makes very good performances, he will probably still play there.

PS: I just hope that Flamini is not an idiot ... why ? An idiot would voluntary play bad at RB to play again in midfield !! :D


Hehe, with tight budget and the need for WC defenders, I can't think of any SC other than Trez, Sheva and Adriano.

I forgot about Beck's contract ^^ thanks. However, what if we'll loan him again :D

I know that Flamini doesn't like playing as RB, but it is hard to play CM when Rino and Max have higher priorities, and Flamini-Beck combi is exceptional good (I mean a bit strange ^^). His passing skill is good, his crosses could not be so bad (like Oddo).

Just an idea in the joyful mood. That will be Carlo (and Berlusconi) to decide, right :D

Ceceves
26-04-2009, 16:44
Brasileiro, I wasn't trying to be ironic about Fabregas. I just meant that the fact that he left Spain as a 16 year old might make him a "special case" compared to others who left when they were in their prime - be they Suarez or Mendieta.

Regarding the media, maybe you read Marca etc. more than I do (and as I rarely read them, that's very possible :hmmm:) but I don't recall any particular "protectiveness" that makes the Spanish media stand out. I think generally the media in all countries look more favourably upon their own players than they do on foreign players.

Anyway many players will struggle when out of their "comfort zone". Because of the different environment and the difference in terms of playing style.

Blacktop
26-04-2009, 22:17
One part of the first bold sentence is not very good ... no, I don't write about buying Santacroce :D but about keeping Sheva. We need effective strikers for next year, especially as we will be back in CL !!

Sheva has been nothing short of completely useless for us this season. There's no reason why he should be kept around, considering that he basically came back to us with his tail between his legs.

Today he couldn't pay anyone to get him involved in the offense even though we were 3-0 up. Don't let sentimentality get the better of you here.

That being said, now I'll wait for someone to blast me for this post because I'm a Dida fan.

Christian
27-04-2009, 01:40
Good news about Agger. Apparently he turned down Liverpools latest contract offer, this could be a big step in getting him this summer. Also he keeps getting benched in favour of, what I see as inferior defenders, Skrtel and Carragher.

I would like him at Milan. He would fit our style of defence much more than Liverpools I believe, since we try to play a much higher defensive line than Liverpool who play very deep.

Tony75
27-04-2009, 01:50
Sheva has been nothing short of completely useless for us this season. There's no reason why he should be kept around, considering that he basically came back to us with his tail between his legs.

Today he couldn't pay anyone to get him involved in the offense even though we were 3-0 up. Don't let sentimentality get the better of you here.

That being said, now I'll wait for someone to blast me for this post because I'm a Dida fan.

Your wrong dida fan.

Seriously. What a waste of a striker spot. Paloschi or Vuidez I'm sure would've made more contribution to Milan this season.

He's been horrendous and if we sign him then next season will be another down the crapper like the last few.

ACMILAN1983
27-04-2009, 03:09
Sorry Double post

ACMILAN1983
27-04-2009, 03:11
I also remember people claim here that to not go for Vargas was the biggest error of Milan Board. Well, since the season is finishing, now is time to tell: He can´t cope with Fiorentina pressure, I can´t even think of him in San Siro...

I think it's unfair to Vargas to judge him yet. He's struggled a lot at Fiorentina, but he's really started performing in recent weeks and is becoming the player we saw at Catania, so we may need to give him a little more time.

For Flamini, he is still young (25 yo), he can improve. About his position, Ancelotti admitted that Flamini doesn't like playing at RB (and as far as I remember, it was the same for LB in Arsenal) but like he makes very good performances, he will probably still play there.

PS: I just hope that Flamini is not an idiot ... why ? An idiot would voluntary play bad at RB to play again in midfield !! :D

Truth is, I think Flamini is more prepared to sacrifice at Milan then he was at Arsenal. It seemed as though in Arsenal he felt unappreciated more than feeling he wasn't played in his favoured position. In the case we can't find a quality wing back for next season (it's difficult as there aren't a great number of options around), we may need to rethink our plans and look to keep Flamini for the RB role (he should remain there for the remainder of this season at least).

If that's the case, we'd need to look for a quality DM that can push forward (a little like Ambro in the last couple of games, but more consistent).

Jeff
27-04-2009, 03:20
Let's hope we'll make a good end to this season, to end on a high note to give the team some self-confidence. I still see so much future in this team... This team is more than capable to win the CL again.

hitmannq8
27-04-2009, 03:29
I disagree. I think we need 1 more WC striker and 1 more WC defender. Would be nice to have a WC midfielder to replace Pirlo or Seedorf.

Gabriel489
27-04-2009, 03:37
We already have a WC midfielder for next year as Yoann is coming back.

Seedorf must leave for next year or else we will continue to struggle.

Christian
27-04-2009, 03:40
Truth is, I think Flamini is more prepared to sacrifice at Milan then he was at Arsenal. It seemed as though in Arsenal he felt unappreciated more than feeling he wasn't played in his favoured position. In the case we can't find a quality wing back for next season (it's difficult as there aren't a great number of options around), we may need to rethink our plans and look to keep Flamini for the RB role (he should remain there for the remainder of this season at least).

If that's the case, we'd need to look for a quality DM that can push forward (a little like Ambro in the last couple of games, but more consistent).

I read that Flamini was a childhood Ac Milan supporter, so perhaps that's why. You're right he did seem like he felt unappreciated in Arsenal, and truth be told the way he left doesn't really indicate that he loves the club. I just hope he wont be leaving the same way from us in 4 years, cause he did the same with his French club (I can't remember which one it was).

Also enough with the replacing Pirlo thing! Sorry, but we've already discussed it and honostly I think it feels like a bandwagon thing. I was looking closely at his performances since we had the discussion and I really didn't see any of the 'lazyness' that some people like to accuse him off. All I saw was a tactically disciplined player.

Gabriel489
27-04-2009, 03:46
Pirlo was good last night, great positioning. It also helped that Becks and Ambro was running back alot and Zambro and Flamini was controlling both flanks.

I just think that Palermo did not give too much pressure toward Pirlo last night.

Tony75
27-04-2009, 04:02
I disagree. I think we need 1 more WC striker and 1 more WC defender. Would be nice to have a WC midfielder to replace Pirlo or Seedorf.

Name those WC players?

IMO opinion there aren't many wc players. All we need is someone to compliment Silva's game. If Nesta can return, great. If not then we need someone very good, like Zapata. Not someone like Agger.

We won't sign a 'wc forward' as that means spending big money. Tweaking the midfield is more important esp if Borriello will return for next season.
Seedorf needs to go or accept a subs role. Gourcuff, Abate & Di Gennaro, along with Mariga added would make me happy for our midfield next season.

mrki
27-04-2009, 05:04
I do agree with the point that we need another WC midfielder and that our misdielf consisted of Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Dinho ( Who Im VERY dissapointed into, and wouldnt mind if we sell him )...will again have problems next year. Gourcuff is our player, and right now I consider him better player then Seedorf, and we would be stupid not to play Yoan. Also, I heard on tv yesterday that Beckham will go and play in the Us during the summer, then come back in Milan is november again. He won me over, I have to say sorry to him, again. Marek can also be a dinamic midfielder IF HE IS USED well.

About defence: Agger has refused new L'pool contract, and I can see him in Milan and I would support it. Left footed CB, which Galliani asked for. Kjaer is a good young player, but Agger is a better solution for us right now as he is ready for serious CL games . Also, Santacroce AGAIN played BRILLIANT football vs Inter and this player reminds me of young Nesta so mush that it is scary! For me, my no.1 wish for CB.

Defence of: Nesta, Thiago, Agger, Bonera, Kaladze is more then fine. We need to know Kaladze will not leave, he is a close friend to Silvio.

And maybe Flamini doesnt even know that a new era of him playing as a fullback has started :)

Also, do not be fooled by 3 games we play well. We need a team that can be tempo-fit for 30 games per year, not 5,6.

This is NOT the team we need, we DO need reinforcements in 3 great and dinamic, modern players. And few young ones.

P.S.

Yesterday there were 4 arabs sitting with Galliani, anyone knows who they are????

Maevious
27-04-2009, 05:14
Im guessing Toni will try get away from Bayern, would be nice to go after him, he is a world class striker and he has proved he can score in Serie A'.

About our defense, even though I admire Nesta and i wanna see him play again, you can't count on him EVEN IF HE IS HEALTHY. He might get injured any day of the week, so we need a proven CB to play next to Thiago Silva...
Valencia's Raul Albiol is a good defender, playing for a team that needs money desperately. Sevilla's Julien Escude would be a great addition as well. Same goes for Santacroce.

(...and we still need an "AC Milan quality" left-foot LB)

Christian
27-04-2009, 05:16
Yesterday there were 4 arabs sitting with Galliani, anyone knows who they are????

Yup: Channel4.com (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr27f.html)

"Milan yesterday played host to Sheikh Al Maktoum, the son of the Emir of Dubai, but talk of a takeover is premature, according to Il Corriere della Sera.

Al Maktoum is reportedly interested in sponsoring Milan, as the Rossoneri's current £10m deal with Bwin expires at the end of next season.

If an agreement is reached, Milan, like Arsenal and Hamburg, will be seen wearing the Fly Emirates logo on their shirts.

According to Il Corriere della Sera, Al Maktoum is willing to pay the Rossoneri a lucrative £20m for a four-year sponsorship deal with the option of a fifth written into the terms of the contract.

The Italian Press believe the deal will not stop there, though, with Al Maktoum reportedly ready to become a major shareholder in the club.

Milan are in desperate need of new capital and - on top of limiting their transfer spending this summer - will try to enforce a salary cap, bringing wages down 30 per cent.

Honorary President Silvio Berlusconi can no longer be seen spending large amounts of money on Milan in his position as Italy Prime Minister. "

mrki
27-04-2009, 05:22
that is fine by me, they can become shareholders and Milan will get some money from them. Its a smart move by Berlusconi. Those people dont come to the matches to watch football...

Berlusconi was asked which Nepoli player he likes and he answered: " De Laurentis" :) Maybe he thought: "Santacroce!" hahaha! Seriousely, if Milan signs this man I will be so happy. Im confident about him 100%. He is a better player then Chiellini even right now. In 2 years he'll be Azzurri starter and will play like a defensive animal!

Tony75
27-04-2009, 05:26
a geniune wc player like essien will cost about 40 million. that's not going to happen. R80 isn't a midfielder but a forward. He's done ok this season. Albiol?? Ur joking? average along with escude too.

No thanks for Toni either. I can just imagine our play. Hoof the ball, knock down's for pato and Kaka. Let's get another player like Pato with his movement and give our opponents no focal points in our attack.

it's no surprise that kaka and pato are our most fouled players in attack.

Chiellieni is an over-rated thug.

Aficio
27-04-2009, 05:32
that is fine by me, they can become shareholders and Milan will get some money from them. Its a smart move by Berlusconi. Those people dont come to the matches to watch football...

Berlusconi was asked which Nepoli player he likes and he answered: " De Laurentis" :) Maybe he thought: "Santacroce!" hahaha! Seriousely, if Milan signs this man I will be so happy. Im confident about him 100%. He is a better player then Chiellini even right now. In 2 years he'll be Azzurri starter and will play like a defensive animal!


Haha, all Berlusconi, Galliani, Ancelotti have sense of humor.

With Santacroce & Thiago Silva, we fear no one.

Thought both do not have the CL experiences, it is nice to try.

rinogattuso
27-04-2009, 05:53
Haha, all Berlusconi, Galliani, Ancelotti have sense of humor.

With Santacroce & Thiago Silva, we fear no one.

Thought both do not have the CL experiences, it is nice to try.

For CL experience is Konan from Tibilsi or Mad Ambrosini 5 on CD I alway said that he be great on that position..

Berlu also said that he will sit whith Carlo and Galliani to decide future of OUR coach C.A.!

Aficio
27-04-2009, 06:43
For CL experience is Konan from Tibilsi or Mad Ambrosini 5 on CD I alway said that he be great on that position..

Berlu also said that he will sit whith Carlo and Galliani to decide future of OUR coach C.A.!


I haven't read much about football recently, so this Konan guy is out of my knowledge ^^ (yesterday was the first time I watched Santacroce and Kjaer in a match, not hightlight)

Ambrosini is the last option, I think. I'm afraid that his habit of scoring by heading will cost us some own goal :1d31:

Just kidding :5drunk:

rinogattuso
27-04-2009, 07:02
lol-!my firend Konan is Kakhaber..

I am happy to play for Arsenal, but to be honest they are also happy that AC Milan, one of the legendary clubs that exist in the world, I keep an eye on," said center forward in an interview to the Togolese Espn by Adebayor!!

He compared Milan with Beyonce..

ACMILAN1983
27-04-2009, 07:25
I disagree. I think we need 1 more WC striker and 1 more WC defender. Would be nice to have a WC midfielder to replace Pirlo or Seedorf.

It depends on how you see us playing next season. My interpretation is actually very close to how we played against Palermo (though Pirlo would push further up a little), but with Seedorf out for Gourcuff and Ambro out for someone who can play like he did yesterday, but all the time. Pato would naturally play where Pippo was.

I've always affirmed Flamini would take Ambro's role and we'd need a new top level CB and fullback. However, if a fullback is too difficult to find, then we can look for a top level DM who can go forward with Flamini moving to RB on a permanent basis.

My priorities for this summer would be a CB and a wing back/midfielder (depending on how things are). A striker is second on the list of priorities in my view.

As for that CB, I've said for a long time now I want Santacroce and he should be the highest priority for us this summer. Last night he confirmed himself again as a top quality CB (it's not easy to stop Inter's power) and as I've said before he is the only defender I've seen so far that's managed to keep Pato marked out of a game.

I read that Flamini was a childhood Ac Milan supporter, so perhaps that's why. You're right he did seem like he felt unappreciated in Arsenal, and truth be told the way he left doesn't really indicate that he loves the club. I just hope he wont be leaving the same way from us in 4 years, cause he did the same with his French club (I can't remember which one it was).

Also enough with the replacing Pirlo thing! Sorry, but we've already discussed it and honostly I think it feels like a bandwagon thing. I was looking closely at his performances since we had the discussion and I really didn't see any of the 'lazyness' that some people like to accuse him off. All I saw was a tactically disciplined player.

I believe he himself admitted in an interview recently, so if true that's great. I think with the Arsenal leaving it was more the club's fault for not giving him the contract renewal he'd asked for than it was his. Obviously, when he wasn't playing regularly they didn't value him as highly, and by the time they did decide he could stay, he had enough. Not 100% sure about how he left Marseille, but yes there are stories he left in a bad way.

Aficio
27-04-2009, 07:50
lol-!my firend Konan is Kakhaber..


Oh, that "Konan" will be the next Favalli, cheer him :3band:

mrki
27-04-2009, 09:47
“I heard from Galliani and he said to me that had Adriano not scored with his hand in the derby we would be a point away from Inter. I told him that ifs, buts and other conditions don't help anyone in football.”

Berlusconi also said they will see if Ancelotti will be Milan's next coach. And when he was asked can Milan catch Inter he answered in english:"we'll see." :)

He said it right, Galliani and Ancelotti are full of crap for past 3 years. "if...", "but we..." " we can improve..." "next time..." etc. Enough already.

I hope Sheiks will insert some money and Milan will hire serious coach and make some normal mercato moves in the shape of some modern players like we did with Flamini. We dont need a team that starts to play well 7 rounds before the end and that gets fit in april every year. That is not serious work.

fLame
27-04-2009, 10:30
there's nothing like coming back to your favorite Milan forum after a break to find it filled with tons of ridiculous rubbish from mrki... again... :2whis:

anyways, I don't see why everyone is so confident that Gourcuff will come back. Our management haven't said a word about his comeback, neither did Gourcuff himself. Bordeaux on the other hand seem very determined to keep him. :rollani:

Overall I am impressed with how this side accelerated. It seems like every time I miss the game live, Milan wins, that's scary... I won't disappoint you guys and will keep watching afterwords. It seems like all we needed is insert some fresh blood, although we will need more of that. :rone:

Beckham did very well, I haven't seen a single disappointing game of him in Milan shirt.
He even managed to win over mrki, omg omg omg.. Did anyone let Becks know already? He must be very honored. :5130:

Ronaldinho didn't play bad imho. He doesn't help out the defense, which few CAMs do. Although, I did expect a little more movement from him. Overall he seems like an upgraded version of Seedorf.

I feel we need 1-2 more defenders, 1 midfielder 1 attacker during summer to have a complete team.
Imho we could sign either Agger or Miranda or give one of our youngsters a chance, Mattioni being included in that list.
Otherwise we could also bring back Paloschi.

That's all folks. Cheers. And keep posting.:rone:

spina_don
27-04-2009, 11:06
Name those WC players?

IMO opinion there aren't many wc players. All we need is someone to compliment Silva's game. If Nesta can return, great. If not then we need someone very good, like Zapata. Not someone like Agger.

We won't sign a 'wc forward' as that means spending big money. Tweaking the midfield is more important esp if Borriello will return for next season.
Seedorf needs to go or accept a subs role. Gourcuff, Abate & Di Gennaro, along with Mariga added would make me happy for our midfield next season.

We will sign a WC Forward...Galliani already confirmed that

mrki
27-04-2009, 11:49
oh its so nice to have you back. such spring joy and wisdom about nothing, all at once.

kawiki
27-04-2009, 11:54
We will sign a WC Forward...Galliani already confirmed that

hopefully not Fernando Morientes
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/04/27/1232366/milan-ponder-fernando-morientes-move-report

I'd take trezeguet any time rather than morientes...

Aficio
27-04-2009, 12:12
We will sign a WC Forward...Galliani already confirmed that

hopefully not Fernando Morientes
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/04/27/1232366/milan-ponder-fernando-morientes-move-report

I'd take trezeguet any time rather than morientes...


Hehe, dude, Trez, Sheva, Morientes and Adriano are all WC Forward.

Trez is the best from them :3band:

Christian
27-04-2009, 12:33
I would've liked having Morientes about seven years ago... I REALLY hope this is just media crap. We already have an expierienced goal-scorer in Inzaghi, and he's still one of the absolute best. If we're not gonna spend loads of money on a striker then we might aswell get Paloschi.

fLame
27-04-2009, 12:43
wisdom about nothing beats rubbish, so I am fine with that

GeoTav
27-04-2009, 12:45
Morientes in Milan is like a dream comes true ... but the dream is now a nightmare as it's too late and he is a bit injury-prone.

And seriously, Morientes was probably one of the most skilled strikers in the world (more than Trezeguet and a lot of other so called WC strikers), but of course he was also one of the most "under-valued" strikers in the world !!
His career has been a waste (the way Madrid used him, his bad choices such as Liverpool and even Valencia, his best choice was ... Monaco with a CL final and almost a championship, he was the leader of that entertaining team, yes an entertaining French team, but all players left after that final :D, Monaco is now one of the most boring teams in France, that's funny) !!

Did you notice as there is almost no new rumour for Inter and Milan since there could be a new Scudetto fight if Inter makes one bad result ? All reports are now about the Milan-Inter possible battle.

Also, did you notice :D as without being dangerous for Inter from what says Mourinho, Morratti spoke about us without any question about us (when he said he would count our penalties) ?! It looks like they're more afraid than what they say ...

El Fre
27-04-2009, 12:53
I don't know. I've been thinking about our mercato and I came to some conclusions.

1.) A great central defender is a must. Although we all knew that, it is now crystal clear that our best defender is Maldini and he's leaving. A partner for Thiago must be bought and Agger could be the one. Santacroce is good, and has lots of potential but it seems unlikely Berlu and Zamparini will sit down together and trade. But if it happens, would be great.

2.) Gourcuff MUST be brought back and given first team spot on Seedorf's expense.

3.) Flamini should be made a permanent RB if we don't get a better one, which is again very unlikely since there are few that fit the description and don't cost too much. Of course, Daniel Alves is the best out there but is too expensive.

4.) I am not so sure anymore we need a striker. Our attack is the best in Italy even without Borriello. Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi, Viudez, Paloschi seems good enough with Kaka helping when necessary.

So all in all, a cheap mercato is possible.

Agger - free
Gourcuff - free
Santacroce - 18 mil???

GeoTav
27-04-2009, 13:00
Agger - free
Gourcuff - free
Santacroce - 18 mil???

No ... as Agger has a contract ending in 2010, if he doesn't renew before the next mercato, we'll have to pay something like 7-8M to have him I think.

I know Santacroce is a rock, but 18M is a lot I think. I don't know where you found this price or if it's the price you think we'd need to pay, but we need to negotiate this price anyway (no more than 15M).

El Fre
27-04-2009, 13:04
OK.
My mistake about Agger.
20-25 mil for both of them?
Still cheap.:)

Christian
27-04-2009, 13:08
7-8M for Agger is peanuts, but at the moment it looks unlikely he'll sign a new contract, so it could very well come down to that. He's worth twice that, at least compared to what people seem to be paying for defenders these days.

Honostly I wasn't really sold on Santacroce before the winter break, but he's really proved me wrong. He seems like a big game players, had great games against us, Inter and Juventus, and still we can't forget the potential 6+5 rule which could potentially inflate prices on Italian, English and Spanish players, so a young Italian could prove to be vital.

spina_don
27-04-2009, 13:08
I don't know. I've been thinking about our mercato and I came to some conclusions.

1.) A great central defender is a must. Although we all knew that, it is now crystal clear that our best defender is Maldini and he's leaving. A partner for Thiago must be bought and Agger could be the one. Santacroce is good, and has lots of potential but it seems unlikely Berlu and Zamparini will sit down together and trade. But if it happens, would be great.

2.) Gourcuff MUST be brought back and given first team spot on Seedorf's expense.

3.) Flamini should be made a permanent RB if we don't get a better one, which is again very unlikely since there are few that fit the description and don't cost too much. Of course, Daniel Alves is the best out there but is too expensive.

4.) I am not so sure anymore we need a striker. Our attack is the best in Italy even without Borriello. Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi, Viudez, Paloschi seems good enough with Kaka helping when necessary.

So all in all, a cheap mercato is possible.

Agger - free
Gourcuff - free
Santacroce - 18 mil???

NIce conclusion....We do really need a central forward...Don't be fooled by our current results...Difficult days lie ahead....Trust me this is just the beginning...we must get a CF and prepare for the future in case things get difficult which will...To win championships, u have to fight...we need that and a CF would compliment us on that...A tall one

El Fre
27-04-2009, 13:11
That's why we have Borriello. If he keeps getting injured, than we buy someone in January.

spina_don
27-04-2009, 13:12
No ... as Agger has a contract ending in 2010, if he doesn't renew before the next mercato, we'll have to pay something like 7-8M to have him I think.

I know Santacroce is a rock, but 18M is a lot I think. I don't know where you found this price or if it's the price you think we'd need to pay, but we need to negotiate this price anyway (no more than 15M).

Santacroce is definitely worth 15mil...He's very very good...prob the best young defender out there...I've been dreaming of having Santacroce for a long time...I hope it becomes a reality...

spina_don
27-04-2009, 13:14
That's why we have Borriello. If he keeps getting injured, than we buy someone in January.

True..but its good for us not to risk it...We've risked so many things...We've done that with our defense...Nesta injured and then procastinating to buy a new defender...it has happened before to us and we paid the price, we shouldn't do that for the striking department...We should just get a WC CF and move on...prevention is better than cure

spina_don
27-04-2009, 13:15
Hehe, dude, Trez, Sheva, Morientes and Adriano are all WC Forward.

Trez is the best from them :3band:

You mean they were all WC CF...not anymore

El Fre
27-04-2009, 13:17
I agree but we will not spend big. We are not chelski. Of course it is best to buy a WC player for every department but it will not happen.
Defense is the priority, if we have 20 mils, we should spend it on defense.

spina_don
27-04-2009, 13:22
True but Galliani said it will be young players that we'll get..a young WC CF and young WC CB.....Defense isn't a prob because its already certain that we'll get a WC CB..however, we still need a WC CF...

GeoTav
27-04-2009, 13:22
Santacroce is definitely worth 15mil...He's very very good...prob the best young defender out there...I've been dreaming of having Santacroce for a long time...I hope it becomes a reality...

Yeah, no more than 15M means paying 15M, but if possible, not more ... :)
I don't see us paying more for a so young defender who has all to prove yet. I may be wrong. Anyway, we all agree that Santacroce would be a great addition to our team !!

spina_don
27-04-2009, 13:26
A CB pair of Santacroce and Thiago silva...That's Hard core...I wish that we get him...I really do..

Aficio
27-04-2009, 13:27
OK.
My mistake about Agger.
20-25 mil for both of them?
Still cheap.:)


Yeah, let do it, mister Berlusconi :5schal:


7-8M for Agger is peanuts, but at the moment it looks unlikely he'll sign a new contract, so it could very well come down to that. He's worth twice that, at least compared to what people seem to be paying for defenders these days.

Honostly I wasn't really sold on Santacroce before the winter break, but he's really proved me wrong. He seems like a big game players, had great games against us, Inter and Juventus, and still we can't forget the potential 6+5 rule which could potentially inflate prices on Italian, English and Spanish players, so a young Italian could prove to be vital.


Neither was I, I will be his fan if he come here. The 13 number he is wearing means something, isn't it ^^

Christian
27-04-2009, 13:29
Yeah, no more than 15M means paying 15M, but if possible, not more ... :)
I don't see us paying more for a so young defender who has all to prove yet. I may be wrong. Anyway, we all agree that Santacroce would be a great addition to our team !!

Well even after the win against Inter Napoli are still 12th, and FAR away from UEFA Cup football. Perhaps this could be the thing that could make this transfer possible. It seems like they'll probably be more keen on selling Santacroce than Hamsik or Lavezzi.

Although we still haven't been linked in any way with him, as far as I know, which is just to bad.

Aficio
27-04-2009, 13:37
You mean they were all WC CF...not anymore


Yeah :gonova:


A CB pair of Santacroce and Thiago silva...That's Hard core...I wish that we get him...I really do..


Do we need some petition ^^

Santacroce seems like a black Nesta to me, not only defensive skills, but also the professional attitude.

He used to play deep lying CB, which will cover well for T. Silva, who likes to attack (and Agger).

He is Italian/Brazilian, that is the advantage.

spina_don
27-04-2009, 14:08
I know right...i wasn't the only one who noticed the #13 on Santacroce's back....Pato himself confessed that the defender that has always stopped him is Santacroce...And he believes he's the best defender....

Brasileiro
27-04-2009, 14:52
Brasileiro, I wasn't trying to be ironic about Fabregas. I just meant that the fact that he left Spain as a 16 year old might make him a "special case" compared to others who left when they were in their prime - be they Suarez or Mendieta.

Regarding the media, maybe you read Marca etc. more than I do (and as I rarely read them, that's very possible :hmmm:) but I don't recall any particular "protectiveness" that makes the Spanish media stand out. I think generally the media in all countries look more favourably upon their own players than they do on foreign players.

Anyway many players will struggle when out of their "comfort zone". Because of the different environment and the difference in terms of playing style.
If it wasn´t the case, sorry Ceceves. I completely misunderstood your post:nervous:

Maybe I´m wrong, but since I read a lot of these Spanish(and Italians, English) Papers(mostly the opinions), It amuses me how unfair and sometimes racists are the Spanish(sports) press...

Btw, every time a bash a player here, the guy explodes in the next game: Cech was the first and yesterday Raul...

At least the most overrated defender of the last 4 years don´t let me down: Thank you, Sergio Ramos!!

As CB this guys was always a disaster, and I´m not even talking about the amount of yellow and red cards. As a right-back he was great, but even that position he can´t play more...what happened to this guy??

rinogattuso
27-04-2009, 14:53
Some good text! Sorry for offtopic's!

Flamini quarterback, the bet won by tactics Ancelotti!!

Carlo Ancelotti has always liked to bet. It must be clear, not in the shops of the bookmakers, but on the field. Since he arrived at Milan, was in Italy but also in Europe, one of the most important innovators of football the last decade.

To him we owe the confirmation of Andrea Pirlo as a director down, the role the number 21 Rossonero had already held in Brescia with Carletto Mazzone, the true discoverer of Pirlo in his current role, the pace of the whole ball game on the ground and fantasy voted mainly on the offensive rather than the example difresa with the 2002/03 season, where the field was one of containment midfielder, Gattuso, and five players from the strong offensive skills: Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Rivaldo and one of Inzaghi,Scheva and Tomasson.

A Carlo Ancelotti should be given great credit for having blown up two talent pure and refined as those of Kakà and Pato who, thanks to technical Reggiolo, have become, Kakà, and are becoming, you see the item Pato, among the players strengths of the World. Mathieu Flamini has turned down the role of quarterback right. In this new position from anonymity Flamini is out of competition for a jersey at midfield and has taken two Sundays of the title track to the right of defense, churn out good performances by combining quality and quantity on the band is not seen with due proportions, the time of Cafu.

Ceceves
27-04-2009, 15:09
If it wasn´t the case, sorry Ceceves. I completely misunderstood your post:nervous:

Maybe I´m wrong, but since I read a lot of these Spanish(and Italians, English) Papers(mostly the opinions), It amuses me how unfair and sometimes racists are the Spanish(sports) press...

Btw, every time a bash a player here, the guy explodes in the next game: Cech was the first and yesterday Raul...

At least the most overrated defender of the last 4 years don´t let me down: Thank you, Sergio Ramos!!

As CB this guys was always a disaster, and I´m not even talking about the amount of yellow and red cards. As a right-back he was great, but even that position he can´t play more...what happened to this guy??

Well, I'm glad we never signed Ramos, even though it was reported that Berlusconi was going to spend CRAZY money on him. Especially because it seemed we were going to use him as a CB where (as you said) he is...er...less than fantastic.

While his disciplinary record is atrocious I do rate him as a top RB, I just think his game is suffering from Madrid's very "scrappy" style. If he played for, say, Barca I'm sure he'd do much better (though not as well as Dani Alves). But in terms of positioning and general tactical awareness he'll never be as good as Maldini and the like, but - looking at the current state of fullbacks - who will?

EDIT: Brasileiro, is there any news on Felipe (our GK in Santos)? Is he playing at all?

spina_don
27-04-2009, 16:32
Take a look at Santacroce vs Juventus...Hard core maine...I wish Milan signs him....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQDCYIIX_8&feature=related

Brasileiro
27-04-2009, 17:31
Well, I'm glad we never signed Ramos, even though it was reported that Berlusconi was going to spend CRAZY money on him. Especially because it seemed we were going to use him as a CB where (as you said) he is...er...less than fantastic.

While his disciplinary record is atrocious I do rate him as a top RB, I just think his game is suffering from Madrid's very "scrappy" style. If he played for, say, Barca I'm sure he'd do much better (though not as well as Dani Alves). But in terms of positioning and general tactical awareness he'll never be as good as Maldini and the like, but - looking at the current state of fullbacks - who will?

EDIT: Brasileiro, is there any news on Felipe (our GK in Santos)? Is he playing at all?
Nothing new about Felipe...

Btw, it´s really true we buy him? I always thought it was a obscure purchase since there wasn´t repercussion here...

I have some connections with Santos people...so, I will try to get some information. But at least with the pro´s he isn´t playing.

Brasileiro
27-04-2009, 17:50
Yeah :gonova:





Do we need some petition ^^

Santacroce seems like a black Nesta to me, not only defensive skills, but also the professional attitude.

He used to play deep lying CB, which will cover well for T. Silva, who likes to attack (and Agger).

He is Italian/Brazilian, that is the advantage.

Hey, Aficio...he´s Brazilian/Italian and not Italian/Brazilian :)
He was born at 30KM of were I live, so... :)
Just joking.

Now, this is a guy that is performing against big competition. Sorry, but I´m still to see Zapata play at this level(not only in Italy but also in South America)...
My 2 knock on Fabiano(Santa):

1- He´s young and is playing in a 3 man defense. I don´t doubt his talent(it´s clear), but in Milan he will play in the center of defense, so It is another situation. Several defenders can overachieve in a 3 man defense, and we can´t to see the flaws of a good one...

2- Experience. Even with Nesta coming back, we can´t rely on him. He was injure prone over the last 4 years, and even coming back 100% healed, we can´t count on him all season.
Imo, a T. Silva and Santa pair in the paper are a amazing, but they are very unexperienced for Europe...and a bad start of the season can kill their confidence.

Sure, with Nesta at the center of this defense:

Santa---Nesta---Tiago---Zambro

I would be much more confident...

EDIT: Look, despite my knocks, I´m not against the purchase of Santa(He, Alex, Hernanes or Ramires, would be my wish for next season), I´m just not that confident with such a young defense.

Blacktop
27-04-2009, 23:41
Santacroce seems like a black Nesta to me, not only defensive skills, but also the professional attitude.
Right. Does this include getting busted for DUI and fighting with a teammate during practice last month?

Aficio
28-04-2009, 02:03
Right. Does this include getting busted for DUI and fighting with a teammate during practice last month?


About drinking :cheers: I think that's not a great problem, we can correct him well. The fight begun with a tackle from him, which made his teammate angry and overreacted, that's understandable.

It is far better than party-lover, lost form, no passion,...

I like his attitude on field, and how he is keeping his calm about transfer.

He knows well that there will be a great club signing him one day, no need to rush. Not like Kjaer: "I love Juve, Milan and Inter" then "MU is my dream".


Hey, Aficio...he´s Brazilian/Italian and not Italian/Brazilian :)
He was born at 30KM of were I live, so... :)
Just joking.

Now, this is a guy that is performing against big competition. Sorry, but I´m still to see Zapata play at this level(not only in Italy but also in South America)...
My 2 knock on Fabiano(Santa):

1- He´s young and is playing in a 3 man defense. I don´t doubt his talent(it´s clear), but in Milan he will play in the center of defense, so It is another situation. Several defenders can overachieve in a 3 man defense, and we can´t to see the flaws of a good one...

2- Experience. Even with Nesta coming back, we can´t rely on him. He was injure prone over the last 4 years, and even coming back 100% healed, we can´t count on him all season.
Imo, a T. Silva and Santa pair in the paper are a amazing, but they are very unexperienced for Europe...and a bad start of the season can kill their confidence.

Sure, with Nesta at the center of this defense:

Santa---Nesta---Tiago---Zambro

I would be much more confident...

EDIT: Look, despite my knocks, I´m not against the purchase of Santa(He, Alex, Hernanes or Ramires, would be my wish for next season), I´m just not that confident with such a young defense.

I'm a bit overjoy by watching him, and I know the experience lacking disadvantage. However, both he and T.Silva are eager to play top matches, give them the chances.

Though I'm the most confident in five year (2004 lost in World Clup Cup PK and Deportivo tragedy was the beginning of my fear), in my opinion, next season could be our transitional point, be patient with CL dream. The Cap retired, Pippo last season, Kaladze and Bonera are injury-prone, Nesta in doubt, even if we buy another good DF like Agger or Mexes, Santa and Silva need need to be more favourite.

If we can't buy a RB, T.Silva and... Flamini is better than Santa, because both help the attacking well (they are and was midfielder). Santa used to stay deep.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/spieler/56817/fabiano-santacroce/default/2008/leistungsdaten.html

60 matches, no goal, one assist, he should be a classic defender.

His YC/match ratio was high ^^

Knowing some weaknesses from him, I still place him the first on my list :1d31:

GeoTav
28-04-2009, 02:09
Knowing some weaknesses from him, I still place him the first on my list :1d31:

The problem is that you or I don't decide for example ... :(
I just made a research about Santacroce and I saw some articles with, apparently, official interest from Juventus and Barcelona. So I hope our management showed him some interest in private, and if it isn't done yet, I hope they will do it (not in medias as except R80 for years, we don't often buy the players we show interest in medias).

Gabriel489
28-04-2009, 02:46
Hehe, dude, Trez, Sheva, Morientes and Adriano are all WC Forward.

Trez is the best from them :3band:

WC=World Class not WORLD CRAP

ACMILAN1983
28-04-2009, 02:58
I don't know. I've been thinking about our mercato and I came to some conclusions.

1.) A great central defender is a must. Although we all knew that, it is now crystal clear that our best defender is Maldini and he's leaving. A partner for Thiago must be bought and Agger could be the one. Santacroce is good, and has lots of potential but it seems unlikely Berlu and Zamparini will sit down together and trade. But if it happens, would be great.

2.) Gourcuff MUST be brought back and given first team spot on Seedorf's expense.

3.) Flamini should be made a permanent RB if we don't get a better one, which is again very unlikely since there are few that fit the description and don't cost too much. Of course, Daniel Alves is the best out there but is too expensive.

4.) I am not so sure anymore we need a striker. Our attack is the best in Italy even without Borriello. Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi, Viudez, Paloschi seems good enough with Kaka helping when necessary.

So all in all, a cheap mercato is possible.

Agger - free
Gourcuff - free
Santacroce - 18 mil???

Decent ideas, but a few points.

1) Santacroce plays with Napoli while Zamparini owns Palermo, so we wouldn't need to negotiate with him. I believe it'd be Marino and De Laurentis we'd negotiate with.

2) Yes, definitely.

3) Yep agree, that's something I posted about yesterday, so definitely agree.

4) I think we need a new striker to add depth and take Sheva's place. I don't think the striker needs to be WC though, just reliable and solid.

I think someone said that Agger can't be free, so no point in saying it again.

Well even after the win against Inter Napoli are still 12th, and FAR away from UEFA Cup football. Perhaps this could be the thing that could make this transfer possible. It seems like they'll probably be more keen on selling Santacroce than Hamsik or Lavezzi.

Although we still haven't been linked in any way with him, as far as I know, which is just to bad.

I was thinking the same about Santa. With Napoli struggling so much, they may be forced to sell if a good offer comes in.

We were linked to making a bid last January, but nothing since.

mrki
28-04-2009, 04:02
I dont know, but somehow I would like to see Flamini as a DM for us, together with Gattuso, not as a fullback. Aldough his role can change a lot and that is a great thing for us of course.

Im still all in for using Thiago as a RB if Milan buys new Cb and Nesta gets fit. Im confident he can play it, The man even played DM as I've heard, so looking at his caracteristics he can play as a fullback as well ( speed, passing, techniques, touch, shoot ).

Thiago-Nesta-Agger(?)r-Zambro-

That is a classical and serious defence ( Agger or Santacroce :) ). with Flamini + Rino in the middle, and Kaka' + one more box-to-box player to create 4-3-1-2 sistem like before. People tend to look at Flamini as a classical defensive midfielder ( like Rino ), but Flamini has extreme running potential and has variations in his playing habits so he is a player who is able to play vertically and not only horizontally as a DM. His shoot and speed in making wide runs also create a lot of space for players around him so we can say he is a CM more then a DM right now. We can use him in a final third of the pitch a lot more then Ambrosini, Gattuso... Pirlo is a different story, we need to ask him first does he feel like playing.

Ceceves
28-04-2009, 04:22
Nothing new about Felipe...

Btw, it´s really true we buy him? I always thought it was a obscure purchase since there wasn´t repercussion here...

I have some connections with Santos people...so, I will try to get some information. But at least with the pro´s he isn´t playing.

Yes, obscure is the word - it's very hard to find anything completely reliable on his situation and us buying him. But from I've read we bought him last summer and let him stay on loan for a year. But if he's not playing, what's the point? It's a mystery to me....

Aficio
28-04-2009, 04:27
WC=World Class not WORLD CRAP


or We Can (mimic B.Obama), a little positive thought is good, man :w262:

fLame
28-04-2009, 05:21
That is a classical and serious defence ( Agger or Santacroce :) ). with Flamini + Rino in the middle, and Kaka' + one more box-to-box player to create 4-3-1-2 sistem like before. People tend to look at Flamini as a classical defensive midfielder ( like Rino ), but Flamini has extreme running potential and has variations in his playing habits so he is a player who is able to play vertically and not only horizontally as a DM. His shoot and speed in making wide runs also create a lot of space for players around him so we can say he is a CM more then a DM right now. We can use him in a final third of the pitch a lot more then Ambrosini, Gattuso... Pirlo is a different story, we need to ask him first does he feel like playing.

He is passing is not sufficient enough for a CM. As we have seen in previous game he has been great, but he can't cross.
Also, he is more physical than technical, either DM or full back position suits him best.

Gabriel489
28-04-2009, 05:26
It was a joke dude, take it easy.

M.O.I.
28-04-2009, 05:59
Flamini is not a full back,have you ever noticed the way he moves on the line,its abnormal..any wc dmc can play as a full back,but thats not the point..smb here said that daniel alves is his favourite rb,daniel alves is totally different to flamini,and all wc rbs seem to be more classy than flamini..

Thats because flamini's greatest ability is covering the space and passing the ball somewhere near to him..Flamini can be the best dmc in the world,for me he has qualities that even rino doesnt..i hope carlo wont do anything stupid,just because he wants to "fit players on the field",i m sure he wants pirlo-seedorf-dinho-even becks or ambro for next year's maybe starting 11..so flamini would fit on the rb,and yoan nowhere..

GeoTav
28-04-2009, 06:48
There are rumours about Mandanda interesting us ...
I hope it's not true: he is not a WC goalkeeper despite all that is said in France, and he isn't the best French GK despite the fact he is the starter in the French NT (Lloris is better).

ACMILAN1983
28-04-2009, 07:03
Flamini is not a full back,have you ever noticed the way he moves on the line,its abnormal..any wc dmc can play as a full back,but thats not the point..smb here said that daniel alves is his favourite rb,daniel alves is totally different to flamini,and all wc rbs seem to be more classy than flamini..

Thats because flamini's greatest ability is covering the space and passing the ball somewhere near to him..Flamini can be the best dmc in the world,for me he has qualities that even rino doesnt..i hope carlo wont do anything stupid,just because he wants to "fit players on the field",i m sure he wants pirlo-seedorf-dinho-even becks or ambro for next year's maybe starting 11..so flamini would fit on the rb,and yoan nowhere..

what's so abnormal about his running down the line? The fact is, he's been a huge influence down the right of late and he's causing a lot of problems for opponents whilst being defensively solid. If he develops certain aspects of his game (particularly his crossing), he has all the attributes to be a great RB. Let's not forget he's got quite a lot of experience playing as a fullback, as he did the role for about half a season at Arsenal.

Also, I don't see how all wc RBs (how many actually are there?) are more classy than Flamini. You mention his greatest attributes are covering a large amount of space and making short passes. For wing backs, it's vital to be able to run long distances and play quick moves with teammates down the line. The only real attribute Flamini is missing is his crossing is pretty weak.

Ideally we want Flamini for DM, but should we struggle to find a great wing back, he's the most suitable option left with us getting another midfielder.

rinogattuso
28-04-2009, 07:15
Ancelotti: "Becks will return in January"

So our's DM in last 20 games of 2009/10 season would be Gattuso,Ambrosini,Beckham,Pirlo,Flamini so I def. most of games put Flamini on RB to PUMP IT UP!! lol

mrki
28-04-2009, 08:30
He is passing is not sufficient enough for a CM. As we have seen in previous game he has been great, but he can't cross.
Also, he is more physical than technical, either DM or full back position suits him best.

How will we use him as a fullback if he cant cross? Aldough I have a feeling he just had an off day vs Palermo crossing wise.

Yes he is mroe phisical then technical ( compared to CM players like Lampard, young Seedorf, Fabregas etc ), but I said he looks more technical then the rest of our DM's, so we can use him more further forward.

He looks most confortable as a centre DM, that is for sure.

Aficio
28-04-2009, 09:11
The problem is that you or I don't decide for example ... :(
I just made a research about Santacroce and I saw some articles with, apparently, official interest from Juventus and Barcelona. So I hope our management showed him some interest in private, and if it isn't done yet, I hope they will do it (not in medias as except R80 for years, we don't often buy the players we show interest in medias).


As fans, especially fans of Italian team, we have right to express our "strategy" and dream, haven't we ^^

I hope Santa's case will be like Flamini, not much attention, quick, and successful :devs:


It was a joke dude, take it easy.


Hehe, well thinking and sense of humor are the reasons why I love MM :devf:


There are rumours about Mandanda interesting us ...
I hope it's not true: he is not a WC goalkeeper despite all that is said in France, and he isn't the best French GK despite the fact he is the starter in the French NT (Lloris is better).


Me too, though he is my favourite GK for FM2009 :bri:

Abbiati and Dida. We have many GKs to be 3rd, so no problem about Kalac leaving.

GeoTav
28-04-2009, 10:20
As fans, especially fans of Italian team, we have right to express our "strategy" and dream, haven't we ^^

Of course !! Actually, my sentence had to be understood by "unfortunately (I forgot this word) you or I won't decide for Santacroce" (or any other player, what a shame !! :D).
We're almost all convinced on this forum that Santacroce would be an amazing addition to our team, so it's unfortunately that we don't see any special interest from our management for him ... for moment.

I hope Santa's case will be like Flamini, not much attention, quick, and successful :devs:

Our hopes are the same !! ^^
In June, I want Galliani to announce that a deal has been reached to purchase Santacroce and that he will arrive on the 1st of July ... would be cool !! :u56:

Fret
28-04-2009, 10:50
Someone said that it would be too much to spend more than 15 million on Santacroce.
If majority agrees (believes) that he will become world class defender, then you spend as much as you can to get him.

Let's say we offer 15 million and Inter offers 16 and Napoli sends him to Inter, wouldn't we be kicking ourselves after that.......

And the other thing I think Cristian mentioned with the 6+5 rule in the future.........Santacroce is definetely 1st priority IMO.

About Flamini......I'd put him to play in the midfield and be used as a RB only when needed in case of our future RB's absence, injury.......

Mrki:
although I agree with you in the most part (Seedorf issue, Carlo being spineless, ignoring Gourcuff, stupid excuses from our board that only insult normal people's intelligence: next time, with a bit of luck, we will improve, we are happy with being 3rd and winning CL spot), I still like Pirlo and would definitely keep him in our squad.
I believe that with the right defence and midfield partners he would still contribute to Milan.

Beckham is 33 I think, and I wouldn't try to bring him back but rather find someone new or look into our own youth department....Becks was very good this past few months and has proved as a top professional, but he is also becoming too............ "mature" :)

GeoTav
28-04-2009, 10:55
Someone said that it would be too much to spend more than 15 million on Santacroce.
If majority agrees (believes) that he will become world class defender, then you spend as much as you can to get him.

Let's say we offer 15 million and Inter offers 16 and Napoli sends him to Inter, wouldn't we be kicking ourselves after that.......

I'm the one who said "not more than 15M". Of course, if you have competitors to purchase him, it's hard to negotiate a price like that, so if Inter comes with 16M, then Barcelona comes with 17M, then of course, only in this case, I'd even say that it would be better if we put 20M on the table directly.

Fret
28-04-2009, 11:11
Of course, but I doubt that we're the only ones who recognized Santa as a potentially WC defender...... :)

Gabriel489
28-04-2009, 12:14
About 6-7 yrs ago, ManU got Rio for about 30M.
Even though Rio is and never was top 10 CB in the world, ManU defense was set/solid for that period of time.

What I am saying is that T. Silva is great but splashing out for someone like Santacroce even if it is 25M is worth it in the long one, as he will probably play in Milan for at least 10 more years, thats like 2.5M a yr. Better than loaning Senderous for 2M a yr with an option of another 8M to buy, for a total of 10M. If Galli really would splash 10M for Senderous, then they better be willing to spend 25M on Santacroce as he is ten times the player Senderous is.

slifersd
28-04-2009, 15:13
About 6-7 yrs ago, ManU got Rio for about 30M.
Even though Rio is and never was top 10 CB in the world, ManU defense was set/solid for that period of time.

What I am saying is that T. Silva is great but splashing out for someone like Santacroce even if it is 25M is worth it in the long one, as he will probably play in Milan for at least 10 more years, thats like 2.5M a yr. Better than loaning Senderous for 2M a yr with an option of another 8M to buy, for a total of 10M. If Galli really would splash 10M for Senderous, then they better be willing to spend 25M on Santacroce as he is ten times the player Senderous is.

I totally agree with what you said. The key for a good purchase is to aim at the right target and then get him for the right price. Keep in mind that the right price doesn't necessarily mean below market value price. What our management needs to understand is that by buying second rated players left and right and center, they are not actually saving any money. When Shevchenko left, we experimented with Gilardino and Oliveira before having to spend a boat load of cash on Pato to solve the problem. With all of their transfer fees, did we actually save a dime? Hell, we could've signed almost two Ibrahimovics for that kind of money. (I know Gilardino wasn't brought in as a direct replacement for Shevchenko, but you have to think the management was at least planning on using him to take over from Shevchenko in the near future)

The point is, it is time for us to stop BSing around for this and that player and actually be serious about our transfers. With such limited amount of resources, we cannot afford to mess around with our little experiments that hardly ever pays off and actually make every penny we spend count. That means, no more Oliveira, Emerson, Favallis and only Santacroce, Eto'o, Gourcuffs.

Blacktop
28-04-2009, 15:35
Abbiati and Dida. We have many GKs to be 3rd, so no problem about Kalac leaving.

What the hell happened to Coppola? We're going to have to put this guy's face on a milk carton pretty soon.

The problem, though, is that Kalac more than likely won't leave. He's entering the last year of his contract and will probably see it out with us before riding off into the sunset.

Aficio
28-04-2009, 16:24
What the hell happened to Coppola? We're going to have to put this guy's face on a milk carton pretty soon.


Ferdinando Coppola is playing for Atalanta, 21 matches this season.

Christian
28-04-2009, 18:05
Don't we have Storari out on loan somewhere to?? We have many potential 3rd goallies ! :D

Blacktop
28-04-2009, 23:00
Ferdinando Coppola is playing for Atalanta, 21 matches this season.

OK, thanks.

mrki
29-04-2009, 03:35
"Religion is what keeps the poor from killing the rich." -- Napoleon

Hegel said for him that he is Freedom on a horse riding through the Europe. :)

Didnt notice the quote before, its nice. Sorry for the off topic.

ACMILAN1983
29-04-2009, 05:02
latest rumours (albeit from goal.com) are Spalletti is making plans to join Milan. He agrees with the club's push for Adebayor and wants Di Natale too. Berlu apparently wants him to revive Dinho's career.

All good and well, but where's the mention of defenders, which should be the club's top priority right now (and the priority of any new coach joining the club) and really whilst Di Natale is a good player, at 32 we really shouldn't be focused on getting him. If there's any truth to this (which I doubt), then I really must question Spalletti coming in. As for Dinho's career, the player must do his all to revive it and the coach can only use him if he fits into the tactical set up and is performing.

gregapenny
29-04-2009, 05:41
Spaletti will not be the new coach of Milan. Ancelotti will sta for at least another year, I'm 100%.

The Italian media wrote a lot of things today. First of all, we are intensifying an approach for Lille defender Adil Rami. He's 23 years old, 1.90 m and 90 kg. Does anybody knows anything about this guy. Second I read that Roma is allready looking for a replacement for Mexes, who will wear a Milan jersey next year. Then there is Agger, who again didn't want to renew with Liverpool.

I also read tha Marco van Basten advised us to buy Ajax striker Luis Suarez.

And I also red that Valencia joined the race for Parma midfilder McDonald Mariga. I think we should offer Parma one more year of Paloschi and some small cash for this player. Because I read that he is very very good.

k7r
29-04-2009, 05:48
Now that its almost certain that Ibra will leave Inter, why cant we make him join us...know that its only a 1% chance...but still....)

Ibra coupled with new signings Kjaer + Agger + Gorky will make us an unbeatable team....

Whats the price for Ibra ? wages alone will come around 15M


Otherwise go for plan-B....invest in Santacroce + Agger/Kjaer + Gorky + striker (Suarez/Paloschi/Keirisson/Neymar)

ACMILAN1983
29-04-2009, 06:47
Spaletti will not be the new coach of Milan. Ancelotti will sta for at least another year, I'm 100%.

The Italian media wrote a lot of things today. First of all, we are intensifying an approach for Lille defender Adil Rami. He's 23 years old, 1.90 m and 90 kg. Does anybody knows anything about this guy. Second I read that Roma is allready looking for a replacement for Mexes, who will wear a Milan jersey next year. Then there is Agger, who again didn't want to renew with Liverpool.

I also read tha Marco van Basten advised us to buy Ajax striker Luis Suarez.

And I also red that Valencia joined the race for Parma midfilder McDonald Mariga. I think we should offer Parma one more year of Paloschi and some small cash for this player. Because I read that he is very very good.

There's nothing certain about Carlo staying despite the comments he is making. The only reason at this point I'd believe Carlo is likely to stay is because Pellegatti said it.

I seriously hope we don't go for Mexes (who wouldn't come cheap and the money can be used for Santacroce).

As for Mariga, he would be an excellent option to buy imo, he looks like a future star given he makes the right career choices.

Now that its almost certain that Ibra will leave Inter, why cant we make him join us...know that its only a 1% chance...but still....)

Ibra coupled with new signings Kjaer + Agger + Gorky will make us an unbeatable team....

Whats the price for Ibra ? wages alone will come around 15M


Otherwise go for plan-B....invest in Santacroce + Agger/Kjaer + Gorky + striker (Suarez/Paloschi/Keirisson/Neymar)

We can't get Ibra, there's no way Moratti would let him join us. On top of that, Ibra would cost in excess of 30m euros, which will probably go beyond our budget, but more importantly, prevent us making the important investments we need in defence.

Also, this isn't aimed at you, but I don't understand this fascination people have with Kjaer. Granted he's young, but I'm still not completely sold on the guy.

Ceceves
29-04-2009, 07:05
Also, this isn't aimed at you, but I don't understand this fascination people have with Kjaer. Granted he's young, but I'm still not completely sold on the guy.

Kjær is very good for his age, but if he was to be the only CB we sign in the summer we'd be taking a huge risk. He's only 20 years old and has just one year of Serie A experience (plus he's already played more games in Italy than he ever did in Denmark). It would be better for everyone - Kjær, Palermo and Milan (if we want him) - if he stayed in Sicily for another year to grow and to prove this season isn't a fluke. Then in 2010, if he fulfills his promise, he could sign him.

Also it seems Palermo doesn't want to sell him, so we'd have to pay his €12 million buy-out clause to get him. If Agger costs only €8 million then he would be a much better option. Or we could add maybe another €5 million and sign Santacroce.

GeoTav
29-04-2009, 07:13
And also, Ibra said he'd like to play in another country someday (so not in Milan as, as far as I know, Milan is in the same country that this Inter :D), he would be expensive, and he fits too much with Inter mentality to become a Milan player ... I mean, he's very arrogant on the pitch ?!

So, I think Inter won't let him go this summer except if they can buy Drogba as we all know that Mourinho and Drogba are a bit like Carlo and Seedorf (wife and husband :D).
And if we are realistic, they're even not going to sell him if they get Drogba because they will need to refresh their entire attack if they do, because Cruz is going to leave, as well as Crespo, and maybe Balotelli (I don't think he will be sold but he needs a loan in another country). They simply can't buy 4 strikers !!

About Adebayor AND Di Natale, I can only understand if both Sheva and Borriello or Inzaghi leave ... Inzaghi won't leave us, so if this rumour is true, that would mean that Sheva and Borriello go (Napoli for Borriello ?). That would open some new tactics to Ancelotti with these players: a real 4-3-3.
Di Natale is one of the few players in the world I wouldn't mind if we get him despite his age ... I think he is a WC player, and he still has 2 years at his current level. He would certainly accept to join a big club because it's now or never.

About Agger, it looks like his price is fixed to 8M.

gregapenny
29-04-2009, 07:49
It would be better for everyone - Kjær, Palermo and Milan (if we want him) - if he stayed in Sicily for another year to grow and to prove this season isn't a fluke. Then in 2010, if he fulfills his promise, he could sign him.

Also it seems Palermo doesn't want to sell him, so we'd have to pay his €12 million buy-out clause to get him. If Agger costs only €8 million then he would be a much better option. Or we could add maybe another €5 million and sign Santacroce.

If Kjaer is worth 12 million euros today, imagine what he would be worth in one year time if he proves to be a world class defender. The talent is there, so I would take him this summer and we can make a world class defender out of him. But we also must take someone else, only Kjaer won't be enough. I say Kjaer and Mexes/Agger/Santacroce and we are OK!

Ceceves
29-04-2009, 08:38
If Kjaer is worth 12 million euros today, imagine what he would be worth in one year time if he proves to be a world class defender. The talent is there, so I would take him this summer and we can make a world class defender out of him. But we also must take someone else, only Kjaer won't be enough. I say Kjaer and Mexes/Agger/Santacroce and we are OK!

Yes, but Palermo can never demand more than €12 million for him, unless Kjær signs a new contract - which wouldn't make sense. Of course if he has another good season we'll have to compete with other clubs, who will offer more than his buy-out clause. But that is probably already the case. If a big English club (Liverpool has been linked) goes in for him we probably can't or won't compete with them (also I believe Kjær is a Liverpool fan).

ACMILAN1983
29-04-2009, 09:19
Kjær is very good for his age, but if he was to be the only CB we sign in the summer we'd be taking a huge risk. He's only 20 years old and has just one year of Serie A experience (plus he's already played more games in Italy than he ever did in Denmark). It would be better for everyone - Kjær, Palermo and Milan (if we want him) - if he stayed in Sicily for another year to grow and to prove this season isn't a fluke. Then in 2010, if he fulfills his promise, he could sign him.

Also it seems Palermo doesn't want to sell him, so we'd have to pay his €12 million buy-out clause to get him. If Agger costs only €8 million then he would be a much better option. Or we could add maybe another €5 million and sign Santacroce.

He is good for his age, and shows the potential of playing in a top team, but at this point I don't think he's as good as the hype surrounding him. He's definitely not worth 12m euros imo (and I doubt Palermo would sell him to us for less), and I'd feel much more comfortable adding a little on top for Santacroce.

Either way, I'd rather we not deal with Zamparini, the idiot's insanity would waste a lot of time during negotiations and his hate for us would probably result in a failed deal anyway.