View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 02:20
Like I said before, Milan is the only loser in this deal.
Snapster
09-06-2009, 02:22
You see, if Dinho plays well, Berlu will sell him next summer.
If he does not, he will be not for sale just like Seedorf and Pirlo now.
And get a nice big new contract!
When we bought Ronaldinho last year I always wondered if it was a precursor to selling Kaka, which has now been realised. Berlu has just sold our image, our symbol and now that everyone knows we have an easy price we'll probably get rid of Pato within the next 18 months also as we cannot afford to keep him.
Moratti must be laughing by now, we are on the verge of becoming the 3rd club in Italy if Inter keep pocketing easy scudetto's.
I'm so mad I cannot even post all what I think about the whole debacle.
Milan per sempre, Berlusconi, in acque reflue!!!
jakob8543
09-06-2009, 02:28
Maybe we can replace Kaka with the hottest talent in Europe, Gourcuff? Oh no wait, we've sold him as well... :wallbang:
You're right... That absolutely sucks! I'm afraid we're gonna be humiliated in the Champions League
kastriot
09-06-2009, 02:29
The thing is, if Berlu signs CR7 or someone like that this summer, it will proves that Kaka is the one who wants to be leave Milan.
WHile on the other hand, if they don't sign anyone, well then they are telling the truth about selling Kaka to pay off the debt
Cmon guys seriously...I know it hurts and in these time people tend to be more ilogical than usual..but please do not mention this "DEBT" issue one more time. Even if we are in a debt, 60 mil is just a slice of the portion.
Do you know what is 60 mil in terms of Ac Milan, the season tickests sales cost that much.Why dont you keep KAka, plus invest in a high profile player, increase season tickets from 40000 - 65000 and there u have ans increase of 30 mil.Plus u will have an average attendance of 70.000 instead of 50.000 and u have plus 10 mil.
Sell Dida, Kaladze, Maldini (gone), Seedorf and you have extra 15 mil. just in wages(cuz I assume nobody will give you money for them).
There is a plan on top of my mind how you could get those 60 mil that will cut our debts without selling Kaka. A team of experts in Milanello would fid 1000 other ways how to compensate those 60 mil.
Thats why I say, cut the crap..And just come out and say We wanted to sell because we are greedy. We are well aware that Kaka could stop the transfer, but its obvious that he wanted to leave,and thats OK. Just be a man and come out and admit it, dont run in brazil after saying publicly I AM STAYING and 4 days after just take a plane to Madrid as if nothing happened.
At least Sheva was a man enough to admit it, not for a second he lied. On top of that he had the guts to come back and admit that he made a mistake.
hitmannq8
09-06-2009, 02:38
Is Milan a feeder club?
Nope, thats you guys :D
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 02:42
Well, Berlu will only spend parts of that money.
Kaka was forced out, since if he wanted to leave he could have left last summer with no CL to play this past year. Kaka sticked with us.
I am not saying Kaka is the innocent victim here but don't take your anger out on Kaka as he is being forced out. OR else Galli and co will tell the world that Kaka wants to leave b/c ........and not this debt, economic crisis bs.
Well, Berlu will only spend parts of that money.
Kaka was forced out, since if he wanted to leave he could have left last summer with no CL to play this past year. Kaka sticked with us.
I am not saying Kaka is the innocent victim here but don't take your anger out on Kaka as he is being forced out. OR else Galli and co will tell the world that Kaka wants to leave b/c ........and not this debt, economic crisis bs.
That's a valid point. I am disappointed with the way some fans are treating our past hero. Again, blindfolded by the management.
Hopefully Milan will buy a new attacking midfielder or will the management really put their thrust in the duo Seedorf - Ronaldinho? I don't think Ronaldinho will ever again reach a decent level of play and Seedorf isn't consistent enough.
If Milan gets Dzeko, then we're okay in the striking department and probably the price for Dzeko will be reasonable.
And if Milan really will be depending a lot on the wing-defenders, then we could also use two new players in this department.
A central defender would also be welcome, but isn't the priority. Because Milan has: Nesta, Kaladze, Th. Silva, Bonera, Favalli and Senderos (not sure if he is loaned or not?). Apart from Nesta, this might not be super defenders, but I think they are all decent enough.
The loss of Kaka is hard to swallow, but hopefully the management will make it easier with some good transfers.
Good luck Kaka and forza Milan!
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 03:00
I think I will be less hurt if Moggi is our MGT, b/c this is a man who actually knows a thing or two about transfer and have a plan. While the current Milan MGT just don't. Pls don't defend them by saying they did great in the past........well, they just sold Kaka, something they would have not done in the past. Can you imagine them selling Maldini after Baresi retired? Well, I can now.
The question should be why are we 60 million in debt when we're run by a billionaire businessman. As a successful entrepreneur you'd think Berlusconi would be able to run the club with greater care, he knows about economics and business so how are we in this state? He has no intention of doing the right thing and finding some new investment but would rather sell our best player and keep his image (which in the end is all he's worried about), they even delayed this news so not to risk effecting the recent elections. That says it all really.
The past is the past, as fans we're told to move on from Shevchenko and now Kaka. So it seems only right that what Berlusconi did for the club be fondly remembered and highly respected/appreciated but be considered as history and not present. He needs to accept that he can't run the club properly anymore and it should be in the hands of someone who can. This isn't an attack on him, it's just the cold truth of the situation.
Hopefully Milan will buy a new attacking midfielder or will the management really put their thrust in the duo Seedorf - Ronaldinho? I don't think Ronaldinho will ever again reach a decent level of play and Seedorf isn't consistent enough.
If Milan gets Dzeko, then we're okay in the striking department and probably the price for Dzeko will be reasonable.
And if Milan really will be depending a lot on the wing-defenders, then we could also use two new players in this department.
A central defender would also be welcome, but isn't the priority. Because Milan has: Nesta, Kaladze, Th. Silva, Bonera, Favalli and Senderos (not sure if he is loaned or not?). Apart from Nesta, this might not be super defenders, but I think they are all decent enough.
The loss of Kaka is hard to swallow, but hopefully the management will make it easier with some good transfers.
Good luck Kaka and forza Milan!
IMO a central defender is absolutely a top priority. We can't rely 100% on any of our CBs. Nesta will get injured again, Thiago is unproven in Italy, Bonera isn't all that, and Kaladze, Favalli and Senderos (if he stays) are players who at most should be on our bench.
Also a full back is a must. I can't stand watching people draw up their Milan fantasy lineups with players like CR7, Vidic, Hernanes, Dzeko...and then put Janku at LB!
But yes, now that Kakį is gone we need a new AM, as well as a CF.
EDIT: Actually the amount of midfielders and forwards we should sign depends highly on which formation Leo plans to use next term. If it's a 4-3-1-2 then the emphasis should be on strengthening our forward line (even though Dinho as a CAM is a gamble). If we go with a 4-3-3 then we'll need another wingforward/attacking midfielder to play on the right - with Dinho on the left - as Pato shouldn't be moved to the flanks, at least not as a starting point. Then if Borriello heals up he can be the backup.
Arildonardo
09-06-2009, 03:10
And now Pato is flirting with Milan exit. He wants to talk to Ancelotti/Chelsea before committing his future to Milan. This is just great! :5hoest:
Peachtot
09-06-2009, 03:11
so far we lost 4 of our handsome player (by woman not mine) maldini, becks, kaka & gorky plus coach carletto (is he??) :D
so, let's have another handsome player as replacement and the 1st 2 i would like to join belong to fabregas and hernanes.
guys, do you think arsenal would release fabregas to milan for 30 million euro if milan offering such number ?
kakacmilan best
09-06-2009, 03:15
LETS GET GALLIANI'S HAND!!!!
He said he will cut the hand if KAKA will be sold.
Galliani - "We rule the transfer market"
Berlu - "Milan is a buying club, not a selling club"
so far we lost 4 of our handsome player (by woman not mine) maldini, becks, kaka & gorky plus coach carletto (is he??) :D
so, let's have another handsome player as replacement and the 1st 2 i would like to join belong to fabregas and hernanes.
guys, do you think arsenal would release fabregas to milan for 30 million euro if milan offering such number ?
30 mil euros will be difficult but still has chance to happen. 35 mil euros should be enough IMO. Reasons : he is still young player and Arsenal is not the biggest teams in Europe which means he carries only a slightly big club (the point is that he has not reached the level of players like Kaka, Messi, etc). As far as I know he is not the first team player for national NT. Yes there are Xavi and Iniesta but year(s) ago Iniesta played ahead of him even Iniesta was not yet a first team player for Barca.
so far we lost 4 of our handsome player (by woman not mine) maldini, becks, kaka & gorky plus coach carletto (is he??) :D
so, let's have another handsome player as replacement and the 1st 2 i would like to join belong to fabregas and hernanes.
guys, do you think arsenal would release fabregas to milan for 30 million euro if milan offering such number ?
...I hate to say this but Cesc probably will only leave for Barca..
so far we lost 4 of our handsome player (by woman not mine) maldini, becks, kaka & gorky plus coach carletto (is he??) :D
so, let's have another handsome player as replacement and the 1st 2 i would like to join belong to fabregas and hernanes.
guys, do you think arsenal would release fabregas to milan for 30 million euro if milan offering such number ?
Hahahaha... I thot so too... I thot Berlu is a media guy... he should know Milan needs a pin up boy!
SoccerNET >>>
Kaka said: "The president (Perez) is already making contact (with potential signings) and is putting together a competitive team, one which will try to once again become champions in Spain and Europe. That's why I chose Madrid."
The Brasilia-born star also admitted he had received plenty of advice on the move from former Real player and Perez signing Beckham, who spent a short spell at Milan on loan earlier this year.
He also revealed that although the deal was only announced on Monday night, it had been in the pipeline for some time.
"I spoke to some friends, like Beckham, who has already played for Real. He said it's a fantastic place to play. I spoke to him this past week and he kept helping me, he said I made a positive choice for my career's growth," Kaka revealed.
"I wanted this move to be announced sooner. For me it's a relief that it has been announced now, although I have always be 100% focussed on the national side.
"I've been weighing up the offer from Real Madrid a lot. It's an important project for me to continue growing in my career. I'm not going to Real Madrid for money, as I had other offers. But I knew I would only leave Milan to play for Real Madrid.
"Only small details were missing, such as the medical exams I passed this morning. The deal was sealed long time ago".
He also said he hoped to put an end to Barcelona's dominance of Spanish and European football, after the Merengues' arch-rivals swept all before them this season en route to claiming Spain's first league, cup and Champions League treble.
"This will be a tough season at Real Madrid, after all that Messi conquered with Barcelona," he said.
"They're the big favourites and deservedly so. I hope Barcelona's hegemony will end in the coming years. Real Madrid will build a great team to win titles again, as it's the club's history"
Meanwhile he revealed he fell uncomfortable taking on the number five jersey once worn by Zinedine Zidane.
Perez had admitted he would like to see the Brazilian playmaker take on the shirt, but Kaka said he would not feel comfortable doing so.
He said: "Wearing the number five would be a great responsibility. Zidane was a great player, both for Real Madrid and for France, and I wouldn't like to wear the same number as he did.
"We're going to wait a bit before deciding which one to use."
And finally he had words of gratitude to Milan for launching his career in Europe, while he was also elusive about whether he would end his career in Madrid.
"I will be 33 years old by the time the (Madrid) contract ends, with the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 still to come. Lots of things will happen," he said.
"I'm not thinking today in ending my career at 33. I expect to write history there and sign a new contract, who knows, until 35. May be I'll retire then."
He added: "I want to thank Milan, as they were the club who put me on the international scene. They gave me the opportunity to become a big name in Europe.
"I'm happy to leave Milan by the front door, with a lot of friends. It has been very emotional to see what the Milan fans have done for me."
ACMILAN1983
09-06-2009, 03:52
Well, so long to Kaka and I wish him the best of luck, thanks for the years of great service.
Now, I'm not so upset of the Kaka debacle. Yes, we're losing an irreplaceable player, but we're getting a ton of money in return and it was getting ridiculous having to put up with the rumours every market.
I am really upset though, and that's because I fear the direction we're taking. Dinho is supposedly the player we're building around. He's talented, but really how much can we hope to get from him these days. Not only is he a massive gamble, but it's illogical to build the next generation around a 29 year old.
Then there's Seedorf claiming he's staying. We lost Gourcuff but now we're also going to put up with another year of players walking around the pitch.
Finally, it's the news that Pato has apparently said he wants to talk to Carlo. This is the biggest blow we could have suffered. Everyone knows that Pato is a star of the future and to think we're already hearing talk about him leaving shows the state of the club now.
It's a sad day to be a Milan fan. Not so much due to the Kaka sale, but due to various events coming out from it all.
A 6-year contract ... he must really love Real Madrid !! I don't see any other solution, his dream was really to play for Madrid for sure.
I'd probably say it's more because he's now set for the rest of his career and life. The man will get paid a ton until he's well into his 30s. Given his strongest attributes and strengths (a lot of them based on physical capabilities) it's not surprising if he can only continue at the highest level for a few years more. To then still get paid the same amount for the next few years after that is a huge incentive.
Well as for Pato...today's Gazzetta's headline says, "Pato: I stay at Milan? Well, first I have to talk to Ancelotti."
My biggest regret of today is that our lure and prestige has suffered. Look at how Pato is presenting himself. He is 19, and he senses that Kaka's departure signals that Milan is not the apotheosis of his career.
This is a sad day in that regard. Milan will have a very tough time holding onto players, which confirms the club's diminished position in world football.
I'm actually more upset if this is true than the sale of Kaka.
Edit - Want to add, we shouldn't take back Beckham after Kaka's comments about him. He should rot in the MLS.
I feel like not watching any Milan games for the whole year!
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 04:11
This is only the beginning.
If Maldini is still in his 20s, Berlu and Galli will sell him the moment the transfer window is open.
I can't wait for the season to begin and see who ends up starting for Milan. And I really can't wait till next year today, and see where Milan is.
This to me said it all about current and short term future of Milan
Kaka said: "The president (Perez) is already making contact (with potential signings) and is putting together a competitive team, one which will try to once again become champions in Spain and Europe. That's why I chose Madrid."
If Berlu and Galli are serious about rebuilding Milan, Kaka would not have left.
Wake up people, Berlu and Galli could careless about us fans or the state of the club, they are not going to do anything to improve the team.
I have a feeling that Pato will be leaving too.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 04:13
I don't think Beckham convinced Kaka to play for Real. Berlu and Galli did.
I think I will start to support Real now, not only b/c of Kaka but mainly b/c they actually have a MGT that wants to create a winning team and most of all, care for the TEAM and its FANS.
Lets face it, no sports team can survive without its fans.
This is only the beginning.
If Maldini is still in his 20s, Berlu and Galli will sell him the moment the transfer window is open.
I can't wait for the season to begin and see who ends up starting for Milan. And I really can't wait till next year today, and see where Milan is.
This to me said it all about current and short term future of Milan
Kaka said: "The president (Perez) is already making contact (with potential signings) and is putting together a competitive team, one which will try to once again become champions in Spain and Europe. That's why I chose Madrid."
If Berlu and Galli are serious about rebuilding Milan, Kaka would not have left.
Wake up people, Berlu and Galli could careless about us fans or the state of the club, they are not going to do anything to improve the team.
I have a feeling that Pato will be leaving too.
I'm telling you, the whole voting for presidents thinggy helps... Perez has just been voted the new president, and he has 3 years to deliver, otherwise someone will challenge him and his out!
No one challenging Galliani, and of course Berlu... they will be the president and vice president till kingdom come...
I guess there's where Seedorf gets the idea "I'll just walk around the pitch when i feel tired, i'll play anyway next week!"
I think I will start to support Real now, not only b/c of Kaka but mainly b/c they actually have a MGT that wants to create a winning team and most of all, care for the TEAM and its FANS.
LOL
For me it's still logic if someone suports Real Madrid, even it's still logic for me that Milan fans don't support their team because of the management BUT choosing to support other team because their management are better than Milan is still beyond my undertanding.
Then Milan fans will choose Inter if assuming Inter management are better than Milan! :kap:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/09/1314058/milan-star-alexandre-pato-drops-chelsea-hint
So, is Pato the next one?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/09/1314058/milan-star-alexandre-pato-drops-chelsea-hint
So, is Pato the next one?
From what I understand, he only wants to ask Ancelotti before diciding his future, more like a child asking an advice from his father or a student from his mentor.
I think our theme shouldn't be believe in DInho....
should be believe in PATO
I also rest my hopes on him.....when Sheva left, it became Kaka's team. Now with Kaka leaving it should be Pato's team. I know at the Sheva's departure Kaka was much more mature/developped than present day Pato....but he is our new hope I believe. He can flourish....
what do you guys think is his true potential? Will he just be one of the good strikers of Italy or will he catapult into a top 5 player in the world in the next 2-3 years ? Does he have it in him to reach a messi level? a kaka level ? a CR7 level ?
Thanks for your thoughts.....
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 04:28
Yep, I guess if you can change coaches, sell players, why not Presidents too.
As of now our lineup for next year, if everyone is healthy.
Abbiati
Flamini-Nesta-T.Silva-Zambro
Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Dinho
Pippo-Pato
Bench: Dida, Mattioni, Favalli, Janku, Antonini, Damian, Albertezzi, Kaldze, Oddo, Ambrosini, and Borreillo
We have a world beater team now.
I also rest my hopes on him.....when Sheva left, it became Kaka's team. Now with Kaka leaving it should be Pato's team. I know at the Sheva's departure Kaka was much more mature/developped than present day Pato....but he is our new hope I believe. He can flourish....
what do you guys think is his true potential? Will he just be one of the good strikers of Italy or will he catapult into a top 5 player in the world in the next 2-3 years ? Does he have it in him to reach a messi level? a kaka level ? a CR7 level ?
Thanks for your thoughts.....
First, lets see if Pato stays before we can say "Lets make this Pato's team"
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 04:30
LOL
For me it's still logic if someone suports Real Madrid, even it's still logic for me that Milan fans don't support their team because of the management BUT choosing to support other team because their management are better than Milan is still beyond my undertanding.
Then Milan fans will choose Inter if assuming Inter management are better than Milan! :kap:
To be honest, I never think that Morretti mismanage Inter over the years. They are just not as good as Milan nomatter how hard they tried, even having an inform Ronaldo.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 04:33
I think Berlu and Galli should sell Pato too, then they can really start a cycle.
Instead of building around players like Kaka, Gourcuff and Pato, they rather build the team around Dinho, Pirlo and Seedorf.
I won't be surprise if Gattuso leaves too.
SoccerNET >>>
Kaka said: .............
He also revealed that although the deal was only announced on Monday night, it had been in the pipeline for some time.
"I spoke to some friends, like Beckham, who has already played for Real. He said it's a fantastic place to play. I spoke to him this past week and he kept helping me, he said I made a positive choice for my career's growth," Kaka revealed.
So...it's all Beckham's fault :stupid: LOL
It would be logical to assume that Pato would want to leave now........
To be honest, I never think that Morretti mismanage Inter over the years. They are just not as good as Milan nomatter how hard they tried, even having an inform Ronaldo.
What I want to emphasize is that I personally love Milan, love the club, love their character, their mentality. If someone changes the club (from good to terrible), I will still love Milan but probably won't support the persons behind the club. In the end, I won't support other team because their management are only better than Milan.
I choose the club, not the management. I can't choose other club except Milan even they are miles way better than Milan (Milan in Serie C for example, other are the winner of CL every year).
Forza Milan! :3band:
First, lets see if Pato stays before we can say "Lets make this Pato's team"
ya I just read the headline where he is uncertain about his future.....
the story just keeps getting better and better.
unbelieveable.
what has happened to this club ?
All reports are about how happy is Kaka' ... so ciao Kaka' and never come back !! The fire of the Diavolo will burn you in the next Champions League !! :firedev:
About Pato, he said he wanted to speak to Ancelotti before speaking to our management ... it looks like we won't have Pato for a decade in our team !! :(
It says here 60 million punds.....
http://www.acmilan-online.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1244524302,67720,
It is now official – Milan star Kaka has agreed a move to Real Madrid, breaking the world transfer record for a reported £60m.
If it's true, it's a lot of money - some people were saying that it was actually 65 million Euros......
??????
Thank for all those world-conquering years, Kaka. You've given so much, those sublime runs on the rainy night in Manchester, to mention a few. And in return I believe Milan and all the fans, have given you just as much, what with all those homage, pay rises and *cough-cough* babysitting your kid brother.
Just like Sheva, you were sooo close to becoming our next legend, although the word itself is criminally overused nowadays. But "almost there" is nowhere near "being there". Go ask the Merda about their 40+ year long list of "almost there" if you don't believe me.
I guess the good thing that comes out of this saga, apart from the € 68 mil, is just how rare and valuable a champion like Paolo is, a gentleman whom you have spent years learning from, and even have said that you wanted to follow his legacy.
But you don't.
Call it the greedy ofvsome people, the economic crisis, the conspiracy of all the devils in hell, the fact remains that you don't! Therefore you are not in his league. While in the book of Milan's history there will be chapters entirely dedicated to Paolo and the likes, yours will be just two or three paragraphs, beautifully written lines with some statistics that perhaps will get us to think about could've beens. But that's just it.
It'll take some time not to look for the number 22 on the field, but we'll bite the bullet, and we'll move on alright. I wish you all the good things in your personal life, but obviously not in the professional one.
So the next time you step on the field as our opponent, I suggest you stay away from our Rino. Nothing personal, just business.
In Spain, the reports are about 64.5M € ... I think we will never know the real amount.
It says here 60 million punds.....
http://www.acmilan-online.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1244524302,67720,
It is now official Milan star Kaka has agreed a move to Real Madrid, breaking the world transfer record for a reported £60m.
If it's true, it's a lot of money - some people were saying that it was actually 65 million Euros......
??????
Yes, if it's in euro, they (media) say it 65 mil euros and if it's in pounds they say it 60 mil pounds. 60 mil pounds should be 65 mil euros. It's huge money in this economic crisis. Plus from Gourcuff (13-13,5 mil pounds which should be equally to 15 mil euros) we have a good 80 mil euros. This doens't yet include yearly transfer and possible money from players sold.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 04:56
What makes Milan great is the traditions, the historys and most of all its principles and values.
Thats something I don't see in Milan anymore.
Why should anyone support a club that does not give a jack about its fans.
That does not care about winning, heck or even being competitive.
There are a lot of options beside selling Kaka, like selling other players or even parts of the club.
What I don't understand is that this so-call 60mil debt did not happens overnight, Berlu and Galli knows we missed CL one year ago. I mean, we did not get kick out of the CL in the QUalifying round. The MGT knows that we will be running in red for missing CL. Have they done anything to prevent selling Kaka? None.
They spent 2mil on Senderous, got Sheva back on loan, spent 15mil on a player that they need but can't play for them, brought a player whom they did not need(R80), and did not sell anyone beside RO and Gila at half of the price they got them for.
Oh, they also sold Gourcuff for 15M. Have I mentioned that they actually won the CL a year ago.
Where did those money gone? Not to mention the Sheva's sell.
This Kaka's deal has only one loser and thats Milan, Berlu and Galli are winners b/c they will pocket the money, since they claim this Kaka sell is for them to pay off the debt remember, kind of foolish if they go out and spend 50M now, right, Real and Kaka are winners too.
Thank for all those world-conquering years, Kaka. You've given so much, those sublime runs on the rainy night in Manchester, to mention a few. And in return I believe Milan and all the fans, have given you just as much, what with all those homage, pay rises and *cough-cough* babysitting your kid brother.
Just like Sheva, you were sooo close to becoming our next legend, although the word itself is criminally overused nowadays. But "almost there" is nowhere near "being there". Go ask the Merda about their 40+ year long list of "almost there" if you don't believe me.
I guess the good thing that comes out of this saga, apart from the 68 mil, is just how rare and valuable a champion like Paolo is, a gentleman whom you have spent years learning from, and even have said that you wanted to follow his legacy.
But you don't.
Call it the greedy ofvsome people, the economic crisis, the conspiracy of all the devils in hell, the fact remains that you don't! Therefore you are not in his league. While in the book of Milan's history there will be chapters entirely dedicated to Paolo and the likes, yours will be just two or three paragraphs, beautifully written lines with some statistics that perhaps will get us to think about could've beens. But that's just it.
It'll take some time not to look for the number 22 on the field, but we'll bite the bullet, and we'll move on alright. I wish you all the good things in your personal life, but obviously not in the professional one.
So the next time you step on the field as our opponent, I suggest you stay away from our Rino. Nothing personal, just business.
It will be weird when we will watch highlights of games of Real Madrid when they play in their white BWIN shirt ...
Hasan Rossonero
09-06-2009, 04:58
This is only the beginning.
If Maldini is still in his 20s, Berlu and Galli will sell him the moment the transfer window is open.
I can't wait for the season to begin and see who ends up starting for Milan. And I really can't wait till next year today, and see where Milan is.
This to me said it all about current and short term future of Milan
Kaka said: "The president (Perez) is already making contact (with potential signings) and is putting together a competitive team, one which will try to once again become champions in Spain and Europe. That's why I chose Madrid."
If Berlu and Galli are serious about rebuilding Milan, Kaka would not have left.
Wake up people, Berlu and Galli could careless about us fans or the state of the club, they are not going to do anything to improve the team.
I have a feeling that Pato will be leaving too.
A few days ago you were dreaming of formations containing Kaka' and CR7. Now this. You are right, but it's really funny seeing this transformation.
I will say it again. Italian football will have a hard time attracting stars from now on. They cannot compete financially and Berlu does not want to spend. Agents play a big role in football now, and you can already see that Pato, at 19, is talking like a shrewd, self-promoting footballer. This will get worse over time.
As long as racism, murder, poor stadiums, etc. continue, Italy will slip below the Bundesliga. Not all Galliani says is wrong.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:04
Well, I just read an article on Channel4 and the title is LITTLE MILAN.
I really don't think Serie A is as bad as what Galliani is saying as INter and Juve seems to be building on their team. I mean if Morretti comes out and say I have to sell Maicon and Ibra b/c of the economic crisis, and Secco comes out and say the same about Chellini and Givonco. Then the league itself is in trouble.
It is too bad that Berlu just does not want to invest in Milan, while still wants to be the owner.
This Kaka's deal has only one loser and thats Milan, Berlu and Galli are winners b/c they will pocket the money, since they claim this Kaka sell is for them to pay off the debt remember, kind of foolish if they go out and spend 50M now, right, Real and Kaka are winners too.
..so true.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:06
Thank for all those world-conquering years, Kaka. You've given so much, those sublime runs on the rainy night in Manchester, to mention a few. And in return I believe Milan and all the fans, have given you just as much, what with all those homage, pay rises and *cough-cough* babysitting your kid brother.
Just like Sheva, you were sooo close to becoming our next legend, although the word itself is criminally overused nowadays. But "almost there" is nowhere near "being there". Go ask the Merda about their 40+ year long list of "almost there" if you don't believe me.
I guess the good thing that comes out of this saga, apart from the 68 mil, is just how rare and valuable a champion like Paolo is, a gentleman whom you have spent years learning from, and even have said that you wanted to follow his legacy.
But you don't.
Call it the greedy ofvsome people, the economic crisis, the conspiracy of all the devils in hell, the fact remains that you don't! Therefore you are not in his league. While in the book of Milan's history there will be chapters entirely dedicated to Paolo and the likes, yours will be just two or three paragraphs, beautifully written lines with some statistics that perhaps will get us to think about could've beens. But that's just it.
It'll take some time not to look for the number 22 on the field, but we'll bite the bullet, and we'll move on alright. I wish you all the good things in your personal life, but obviously not in the professional one.
So the next time you step on the field as our opponent, I suggest you stay away from our Rino. Nothing personal, just business.
You are making it sounded like Kaka left and Berlu had NOTHING to do with it.
Don't be surprise if Rino is playing for Real by next season too.
Now let's wait and see what will happen the next weeks/months ... with all that money, they should build a complete team, sorry, a complete roster (competitive first team + competitive bench, what we have lacked for years), and I hope they will do so before the start of the mercato or at least before the 15th of July to allow all these potential new players to play together and entirely do the physical preparation ...
ACMILAN1983
09-06-2009, 05:08
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/09/1314235/kakas-stay-comments-were-lies-milan-are-in-decline-zvonimir
Boban has made spoken about his thoughts on the transfer. Right now I wouldn't mind seeing him work in the club internally. He's intelligent and for years has been very clear with the state of affairs at Milan.
His comments are true for some part but also harsh for some other part as, we seem to forget it, Manchester sold Beckham in his prime years, Barcelona sold their idol Figo in his prime years (worst than us as Barcelona and Real ...), Juventus sold Zidane in his prime years, ...
Look at where Manchester and Barcelona are nowadays ?
Yes, we could have one or two very difficult years of rebuilding, but if it is well done, we could be even stronger than what we were in the best year of "Kaka' era" ...
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:16
Great words by Boban.
If he is Milan GM, he would have rejected Real long ago.
But Boban says exactly what fans want to hear, easy ...
(does he do some politics ?? He should ...)
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:24
You cannot compare Kaka's sell to those Geo.
When ManU sold Beck, they already/plan to sign his replacements-CR7. On top of that, Fergie was fed up with Beck's circus.
On top of that, ManU had not win much till 2007 since they sold Beck
Barcelona sold Figo b/c they believe in Rivaldo and they only rebuild themselves 5-6yrs later. Mind you that they did went out and sign Dinho, Eto, Deco and others as well as having players like Messi, Inesta, Brojan and Xavi in their youth system.
Juve sold Zizou when he was 30 not 27. On top of that, Juve only reach the CL finals once after Zizou left. And they actually got Buffon, Thuram and Nedved right after the sell of Zizou. Do you think Milan will do the same with Kaka's money.
You are making it sounded like Kaka left and Berlu had NOTHING to do with it.
Don't be surprise if Rino is playing for Real by next season too.
It takes two to tango, buddy. It might take some time before the water gets clear and we're able to judge who let go whom
You cannot compare Kaka's sell to those Geo.
When ManU sold Beck, they already/plan to sign his replacements-CR7. On top of that, Fergie was fed up with Beck's circus.
On top of that, ManU had not win much till 2007 since they sold Beck
Barcelona sold Figo b/c they believe in Rivaldo and they only rebuild themselves 5-6yrs later. Mind you that they did went out and sign Dinho, Eto, Deco and others as well as having players like Messi, Inesta, Brojan and Xavi in their youth system.
Juve sold Zizou when he was 30 not 27. On top of that, Juve only reach the CL finals once after Zizou left. And they actually got Buffon, Thuram and Nedved right after the sell of Zizou. Do you think Milan will do the same with Kaka's money.
I don't think anything, I hope, whereas some of you post like if you already know what will happen in the future saying we won't spend money (your question clearly shows what you really think about what could happen) ... just wait and see, hope, instead of crying and ask for things that won't happen ("sell the club", etc).
What I want to say is also that many people here say that we lost our soul etc, but they still ask for the club to be sold to some billionaire ... which is exactly what these people criticize when they write about English football !!
Berlusconi and Galliani have a clear plan: take the money and taht is it.
We were robbed by our people! And no, Boban has nothing to do with politics, he is a smart person :)
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:30
Well, I think by the end of summer, we can tell whos to blame sotospeak.
As if Milan spend huge, it means that Milan still has money and that Kaka left on his own wishes.
While if Milan does not spend big, it means that Berlu forced the sell of Kaka b/c he is using the money from that sell goes right into the debt.
But Boban says exactly what fans want to hear, easy ...
(does he do some politics ?? He should ...)
Well, he has a degree in history. And as we all know history cannot be entirely separated from politics as it's written by the winner. Anyway, when we got Sheva on loan, he simply said "I don't like soup re-heated" :respect:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/09/1314235/kakas-stay-comments-were-lies-milan-are-in-decline-zvonimir
Boban has made spoken about his thoughts on the transfer. Right now I wouldn't mind seeing him work in the club internally. He's intelligent and for years has been very clear with the state of affairs at Milan.
I do agree with this : "Those players who want to stay on at Milan do, and the club never allows a player who wants to stay to leave, especially players like Kaka."
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:37
"Milan just allowed themselves to be robbed by selling prestigious players, something which has never happened [previously] under [owner Silvio] Berlusconi.
I think this comment from Boban is gold.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:38
I do agree with this : "Those players who want to stay on at Milan do, and the club never allows a player who wants to stay to leave, especially players like Kaka."
True, just like how Seedorf and Dida are staying.
I think one thing that Boban failed to address is that why would players like Kaka wants to leave Milan in the first place?
True, just like how Seedorf and Dida are staying.
I think one thing that Boban failed to address is that why would players like Kaka wants to leave Milan in the first place?
And why not? Real Madrid made the offer and Kaka 'flirt' with Real Madrid in couple of times.
Kaka could say no to City and Berlusconi co. accepted what Kaka said. Nalx has said it well, he was almost becoming our legend (but only almost) and being there (a legend) is a very different situation. :sun:
True, just like how Seedorf and Dida are staying.
I think one thing that Boban failed to address is that why would players like Kaka wants to leave Milan in the first place?
I'd like if someone does like it was done with Galliani announcements about Kaka' ... you know, all Kaka' said about him staying in Milan from 2004 to yesterday.
Like I just read on calciomercato, don't forget also the rule for 28+yo players who have played for more than 3 years in their club and can leave for almost nothing ... if his dream was really to play for Madrid like it looks to me, it was this year or never to get money from Kaka'.
The fact is that Perez said they were in negotiations since April but still, Kaka' said many times that he was going to stay, etc ...
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:49
MY point is that if Milan is a competitive team or a team with a plan, Kaka would have stayed.
He could have left last summer but he did not.
And if those Pato's rumors are to be believe, something in Milan is just not right.
Or because last January, it became clear to him that he's not that untouchable for Milan. But as I've said before, it would take some time, even years for example when Kaka publishes his biography, before we can comprehensively understand this and reach the conclusion. Anyway, in away I'm glad this ruckus has passed. Man can take bad news, but he can't take uncertainty, as the saying goes
I'd like if someone does like it was done with Galliani announcements about Kaka' ... you know, all Kaka' said about him staying in Milan from 2004 to yesterday.
Like I just read on calciomercato, don't forget also the rule for 28+yo players who have played for more than 3 years in their club and can leave for almost nothing ... if his dream was really to play for Madrid like it looks to me, it was this year or never to get money from Kaka'.
The fact is that Perez said they were in negotiations since April but still, Kaka' said many times that he was going to stay, etc ...
The cruel time is when he said that he stays before he went to Brasil, something that he NEVER did before (giving convinced answer) when rumours were spreading around him.
Any sane person will realize that Kaka was forced out of the club by the management.
There wasn't a coach who insisted on keeping him, the management made it obvious that they want to sell him.
There will always be people who like conspiracy theories, calling Kaka a traitor and believing this was planned all along. Please guys, continue living in your imaginary worlds. Must be a lot funner this way.
Arildonardo
09-06-2009, 05:56
"Berlusconi: Pato 'absolutely not' leaving"
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/03/1303869/ac-milan-president-berlusconi-claims-pato-is-absolutely-not
In light of what's happened these last days, how can we ever trust these kind of statements again?
What if Boban is right? Are Milan in decline? Do we have the resources to compete for major titles?
MY point is that if Milan is a competitive team or a team with a plan, Kaka would have stayed.
He could have left last summer but he did not.
And if those Pato's rumors are to be believe, something in Milan is just not right.
So, why didn't he leave last summer? Milan were in worse situation, Milan didn't even qualify for the Champions League.
Could it be that Galliani convinced him that Milan would build a strong team or was Perez's offer just better than Calderon's one? We can't know.
The point is both management AND Kaka are responsible for this transfer but the management told the truth that there was negotiation while Kaka said he stays with Milan.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:59
Milan always have the resources to compete, actually Milan have one of the highest wage bills in Europe. The MGt just don't spend the money wisely and beginning to like selling its stars.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 06:01
So, why didn't he leave last summer? Milan were in worse situation, Milan didn't even qualify for the Champions League.
Could it be that Galliani convinced him that Milan would build a strong team or was Perez's offer just better than Calderon's one? We can't know.
The point is both management AND Kaka are responsible for this transfer but the management told the truth that there was negotiation while Kaka said he stays with Milan.
Well, the MGT actually said there was no negotiation till over the weekend. As they were only saying Galli was at Perez's party and not talking about Transfer.
Any sane person will realize that Kaka was forced out of the club by the management.
There wasn't a coach who insisted on keeping him, the management made it obvious that they want to sell him.
There will always be people who like conspiracy theories, calling Kaka a traitor and believing this was planned all along. Please guys, continue living in your imaginary worlds. Must be a lot funner this way.
Perhaps, but you're wrong as well, let's not forget it has to come from both sides.
If Kaka wanted to stay, he could have, for example, taken a pay cut to help Milan.
If we were/are in crisis we could have sold Ronaldinho instead and combined with the Gourcuff money we would have a reasonable sum and we wouldn't have to buy a replacement for Kaka. We could just get Abate back to replace Ronaldinho..
I'm just saying, Kaka wasn't all against a move to Real Madrid and Milan saw a chance to earn 68 million, and there you have it.
Both sides contributed to the transfer. Offcourse if Milan said no , Kaka would have stayed.
And as said here before, looking at our tranfsers and our policy, something is not right in Milanello. After several years of bad decisions and crap management it's clearly that some heads should be cut, at least thats something a healty company would do. Maybe this is what causing our "crisis". Bad management, corruption, ..
slifersd
09-06-2009, 06:04
I think there is another implication about this Kaka deal which is that the club's strategy to invest in Brazilian players flat out stinks. As it is painfully clear, even the most loyal brazilian players (let's face it, Kaka is probably the most professional player ever came out of brazil) is a money chaser rather than a loyal human being. The desire of these players cannot be satisfied as they simply want everything there is, glory, fame, weather, money, respect, and everything imaginable. The fact that they had to move away from their home to Milan makes it a lot easier for them to simply pack up and move somewhere else. They do not care about the culture, history, tradition, fans, or anything else and thus have no problem leaving whenever somebody throws a bigger check their way. This is, of course, true for all the other foreign players as well, not just brazilians.
As it stands, this team should spend more money recruiting Italian players as these players have the tendency to stay closer to home. Not many italian players like to move abroad away from their families, cities, and culture just because somebody was paying them slightly more. Many of them grew up dreaming about playing for Milan and therefore won't sell out their own childhood dream. If, and this is a huge if, milan actually wants to retain its stars rather than selling out every chance they get, more Italians is a MUST.
Maevious
09-06-2009, 06:07
IMO, we don't need Fabregas.
We need a top class speedy winger.. and that person has to be Ribery
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 06:14
Real wants Ribery too, and I doubt Ribery wants to come to Milan instead of Real
..yes..and not only RM but Barca, United, Chelsea are all very seriously after him, and for a very long time. I just don't think we will stand a chance.
You guys can bash me but selling Kaka is a good beginning. Like i said before, he is not the same player he was for 2 years already. I would rather take the money from kaka rather than hope he return back to the same form as previously. I would gladly sell seedorf and Pirlo too, based on their performances in the past season. There must be new blood in milan to start a new era, the current squad is too old and too predictable. I am hoping for more promising, hungry players to arrive.
johncharles365
09-06-2009, 06:24
i not too sure ribery might welcome the chance to play at ac milan as real will be going after silva villa and ronaldo. we could the opportunity to sign ribery in the next couple of days Milan could completely change the style of play
Nope, thats you guys :D
It was by no means a dig, but what happened to all that macho talk of 'We will force our players to stay as long as they have a contract'???
That was said after Sheva left but then Kaka went and trust me you will be lucky to see Pato in a Milan shirt come start of the season. Lets just see how much money is invested in the team - I personally think Milan will go for someone like Owen or Toni upfront - maybe Davids in Midfield and Blanc in defense lmao.
Its true what Tony said after Milan won the CL 07, the cycle is coming to an end - this will not be the Milan of the past under Berlu.
Edit* On top of that you think teams will not ask for more money knowing that Milan have just made over 60 million pounds on a player?
Milan needed 3 players WITH Kaka', now we need 5. I support Dzeko arrival, aldough that man had only one good season in his life. But I've heard great things about him ( and saw ) from people I trust to understand football. Also, Milan picked Dzeko coz he is cheeper then Benzema, Eto'o, Drogba, Amauri... and Dzeko is a Milan fan like we are! He'll play for Milan for almost nothing ( not saying he'll get almost nothing, just making the picture). I know this man has real football childish passion for AC Milan and I wish him luck with us if he comes, he'll give his 200%. 194cm tall, running 100m under 12 sec. Most likely to develop more in phisical strenght in Milanello.
Now, that will 90% be our new CF.
Concerning the fact Leonardo is here to listen to Berlusconi's orders I can say that I really hoped for a normal coach etc. Our only hope is that Leo is really a great tactician that can make the most out of the squadretta he'll have!
On Zvone Boban: Boban asid years back that Berlusconi offered him a job in the club but he refused coz "that is not his world..." You get it. Zvone knows everything about football, he is not a normal footballer that speaks rubbish like some former english players ( for example ) in papers, he understands how things go deeper and isnt afraid to talk. Berlusconi took the money and Kaka' wante to leave. IF Silvio wanted Kaka' to stay KAka' would not be sold. Milan is in decline for past 4 years since Silvio decided he'll not spend a penny on Milan. Galliani is there to work as Silvio says and Carlo was there to work with trash players that Galliani buys. Now there is Leo ( poor Leo, he is a brilliant scout...)
I am deeply dissapointed in AC Milan structures now. I had passion for this club since I was a child. Since Italia is next to Croatia ( Slovenia in between ) serie a was always close to our people. Specially Milan and Juve were exposed as clubs that were followed in here. I travelled 1000km to see Milan, we created ac milan official club, I met great people, got tired, spent money on watching my club etc. Followed every ****ing game and transfer saga etc. And now I see that people that posses abnormal ammounts of money dont give a **** about anything but their euro's. I need to take a rest from this barbaric ****.
This Milan will not invest 80mln in this swuad, they will take money and play some "new" squad that is not balanced at all. Things will go on untill Silvio sells Milan to somone who will invest. Next player is PAto, be sure, just not this year. Also, Milan has lost its identity by selling two best players in 4 years, big clubs dont do that! They dont care about Milan, only about they yachts and hotels they posses!
Our new team should consist of 4,5 new and great young players like Clichy, Santacroce, Hernanes, Dzeko, Hazard... that would be a new circle. But that will not happen.
Im disgusted by ac Milan from this point and I dont know when I'll have such passion to support Milan again, coz I see they dont care about sucsess anymore. Only thing now to enjoy is some discussion in here from people all around the world that still share the passion.
As Ultras say: Milan belongs to us, not to Berlusconi! Sell Milan!!!!!
EDIT:
Ribery: he would cost 60mln! No way Milan will pay that, Milan is not ready to pay anything to anyone! iRibery is also a player that we dont seed as Super-Dinho will be "back to his best"(really???) abd Pato will be wasted by playing RW.
I personally think the money should be spent on Cristiano Ronaldo.
It was by no means a dig, but what happened to all that macho talk of 'We will force our players to stay as long as they have a contract'???
That was said after Sheva left but then Kaka went and trust me you will be lucky to see Pato in a Milan shirt come start of the season. Lets just see how much money is invested in the team - I personally think Milan will go for someone like Owen or Toni upfront - maybe Davids in Midfield and Blanc in defense lmao.
Its true what Tony said after Milan won the CL 07, the cycle is coming to an end - this will not be the Milan of the past under Berlu.
Edit* On top of that you think teams will not ask for more money knowing that Milan have just made over 60 million pounds on a player?
It's maybe why both Kaka' and the club said it was because of the financial crisis and to cover the debt ?!
This reason is good for both parts:
- Kaka' doesn't have to say "I want to leave" but "I had to leave for the club", so except few of us, his image doesn't change. Anyway, even if most of the Milan fans think he lied, for most of the people supporting other clubs, they will still see Kaka' like a loyal guy who sacrificed himself for the club ...
- Milan can use this "we will cover the debt" to disallow other clubs to tell them in negotiations "you got 60M with Kaka', you have money, pay more"
Mrki, you again duplicate your own posts, who do you want to convince ??
You are in the category of the people I spoke about in a previous post: you want Milan to still be a team with a soul, tradition, etc, but you also want the club to be sold to a foreign billionnaire who will use Milan as his new toy until he thinks he spent too much ...
Mrki, you again duplicate your own posts, who do you want to convince ??
You are in the category of the people I spoke about in a previous post: you want Milan to still be a team with a soul, tradition, etc, but you also want the club to be sold to a foreign billionnaire who will use Milan as his new toy until he thinks he spent too much ...
Milan will be Milan, no matter who pays bills. Milan was Milan before Silvio, its will be the same Milan after him.
Go, support Silvio and HIS tradition, and fight for 3rd place after we sell Pato next year and become a club like Roma in 5 years. Maybe you are in category of people that dont see Milan belongs to the fans, it doesnt depend on the person who has the money to buy it. Real and Barca have new presidents all the time, L'pool is still L'pool, United also etc.
EDIT:
"Tradition" means Milan is a team that plays tipical italian football, a team constructed of bandiera's, ateam that DOES not sell its best players to ANYONE and a team that is knows for the best defence in the world. Also a team in which players desire to play and that always has goals that are gighest. That is Milan's tradition and the expectatins od curva sud and people that buy season tickets to San Siro. Who has the club is just a name on bills.
ACMILAN1983
09-06-2009, 06:51
His comments are true for some part but also harsh for some other part as, we seem to forget it, Manchester sold Beckham in his prime years, Barcelona sold their idol Figo in his prime years (worst than us as Barcelona and Real ...), Juventus sold Zidane in his prime years, ...
Look at where Manchester and Barcelona are nowadays ?
Yes, we could have one or two very difficult years of rebuilding, but if it is well done, we could be even stronger than what we were in the best year of "Kaka' era" ...
The problem goes back to before the Kaka saga started, possibly at the time Chelsea got Abramovich. Since then, things have changed a lot in football. Berlu hasn't been as active as in the past with Milan, and Sheva left us for Roman. We have suffered a lot but it's always been eased due to successes like Athens and Tokyo.
Still, through hard times a club can cope, if it is looking ahead. We simply haven't done that though. Instead we constantly use the excuse of most successful club in the world and we stagnated with the same players and the same coach for another two years. Our transfers have often been through desperation or without planning or on personal whims. We buy older players who have no place at the top level of the game anymore and spend fortunes on wages.
During this time the top performers have been linked away and we don't stand strong anymore, instead we hear Galliani moan endlessly about taxes and financial strains. I agree with the club's policy to take into consideration the global recession. But we're going to the extreme and still flitter away money to players that simply don't deserve their earnings. A guy like Dida (sorry Blacktop), who was clearly in decline was given a huge contract a couple of years ago.
What Boban says might seem harsh, but with our attitude it's not difficult to believe the club is in decline. When I was saying Carlo needed to be changed, I often said that it was only the start, and the club has to reinvigorate itself, from the top to bottom. This argument against the management has been ongoing for years now. In many ways they've succeeded in getting strong purchases, but at the same time, we're not doing enough, not to rebuild but more importantly not to use what we have. Part of me feels Milan has been very arrogant in the last couple of years, and it's time we change back to the attitude where Galliani talks of Milan becoming the best, not Milan's successes until now.
True, just like how Seedorf and Dida are staying.
I think one thing that Boban failed to address is that why would players like Kaka wants to leave Milan in the first place?
I think his comment on Milan being in decline says a lot. That's not it, as he says Kaka's no saint and certainly isn't making this move to help Milan as claimed.
"Berlusconi: Pato 'absolutely not' leaving"
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/03/1303869/ac-milan-president-berlusconi-claims-pato-is-absolutely-not
In light of what's happened these last days, how can we ever trust these kind of statements again?
What if Boban is right? Are Milan in decline? Do we have the resources to compete for major titles?
We still have the resources I believe, otherwise we wouldn't be keeping guys like Dida, Seedorf, Pirlo etc on the wage bill. We need to effectively manage our resources, which isn't something we've done in recent years.
Mrki, you again duplicate your own posts, who do you want to convince ??
You are in the category of the people I spoke about in a previous post: you want Milan to still be a team with a soul, tradition, etc, but you also want the club to be sold to a foreign billionnaire who will use Milan as his new toy until he thinks he spent too much ...
I can see where you are going with this, but what's the difference in Milan's owner is Berlusconi or some Arab?
Do you think Milan is more worthy with Berlusconi......why, because he's an Italian?
I just look at the results..management is management, one way or the other, it just matters how it runs their business.
I can see where you are going with this, but what's the difference in Milan's owner is Berlusconi or some Arab?
Do you think Milan is more worthy with Berlusconi......why, because he's an Italian?
I just look at the results..management is management, one way or the other, it just matters how it runs their business.
I don't think you see where I want to go: I don't care if the potential new "foreign owner" is Arab, Canadian, Chinese (or even Italian which isn't a foreigner for Milan :D), I'm also not a 100% defender of Berlusconi (contrarly to what you maybe think mrki), what I say is that stability is good.
I don't want Milan to become like Chelsea (look at their mercatos, some players came one year and left the following year), nor like Real Madrid (a new president every 5 years).
Someone also said that a healthy company would cut heads etc, I just say no, it's clearly not a healthy company who would do that but a company in crisis ...
I just think that Galliani and Berlusconi have some plan in their head.
We all forget that by selling Kaka', we just got 65M, but also the 8M per year he would have earned until 2013 (so we potentially saved 36M too).
Instead of criticizing and saying "we're lost" because Kaka' is sold (which means Milan was Kaka' for most of you ?), let's just see what will happen, the mercato isn't open yet ...
Some people claim we now need a replacement for Kaka', I just have to say a big NO: there is no way we replace Kaka' as for me, the two possible replacements were Gourcuff and Diego ... so this sale probably means we will see a new system, a new formation in Milan "made in Leonardo".
Firstly, we will probably play with 2 strikers all the time now, as it seems our first new player, after Thiago Silva, will be Dzeko.
That will leave us with Pato (even if he says he wants to go, I can't imagine our management selling him this summer just after Kaka'), Borriello, Dzeko and Inzaghi.
We maybe can add Paloschi to them, I don't know what was decided in the meetings with Parma managers ...
With Kaka' leaving, we need a new "fuoriclasse" in midfield, but not a direct replacement for Kaka'. If we don't get a WC midfielder, we will probably go for a young very promising player.
To finish, we all know what we need for our defence ...
With all the money we got, I think all that is possible and we could see a strong Milan again, even if we don't win the next CL, we will at least be able to compete for Serie A because we will have a bench (especially if we also welcome back some players we own or co-own).
So you see, there are still some hopes when you try to look at our future instead of again and again crying and being angry because of that or that ... Kaka' left, it's done, he signed the contract, he seemed so happy to the press conference, it's ok, let's move on ...
Look Rick, it your opinion and I respect, but I can“t agree.
Ronaldinho played with Kaka in Brazil NT in a 4-2-2-2 scheme(he and Kaka as AMD behind the 2 strikers). He had a great Confederation Cup, but at that time, he was a athlete. To be honest, he never was that good at Brazil NT, and as we said here: "theres is Club players and Seleēćo(Brazil NT) players", and Roladinho was(is) a club... But at least at that time, even choking in Brazil NT, he was a guy that run, look for open spaces, try to drible some one...he cares!!
After countless disapointing games, the chorus of: "Ronaldinho needs to play free as a second striker or a false winger" started at Brazilian Press with Ronaldinho claiming to play free as a second striker. Parreira droped the second striker and put Ronaldinho there. The result? Big Fail...
No one will fit in a team if they don“t take care of their body(in modern football). You play as you pratice, period. If he was a CF like Ronaldo, maybe, but at his position, he need to have speed, pace and power in the legs to do his role...
The last 3 years, Ronaldinho is a shadow of that amazing player that we saw. But what makes me mad is that he really doesn“t try anymore. Heck, Ronaldo in 3 months at Corinthians, even fat, run more than Ronaldinho the entire year at Milan...and I“m not talking about help the team in defense or work rate, I“m talking about run to create something, to score,to drible...
I hope you“re right and I“m wrong, but I will stick with what I said in the past before Berlusconi to buy him: It was a mistake, as Ronaldinho has show several times in Brazil that he doesn“t care about to be amazing anymore, as he clarly don“t want to pay the price to be a elite player again.
Sorry, but I have no faith...
All good points, my friend, but I will make just a few points. Remember, Milan doesn't need for Ronaldinho to be a good NT player, only a good club player. And he's only had two off-form seasons -- one injury-plaged season at Barcelona and one season at Milan where he was not playing regular for whatever reason (and even Kaka explained why they were not fitting into Milan's system together).
This will be Ronaldinho's chance for redemption. His last opportunity to prove that he can still be a great player. If he fails, he may never get another chance. So if he has any pride left in his game at all he should be reinvigorated. Maybe you are right that he hasn't cared as much recently as he should have, but that doesn't mean that with this new opportunity under a new coach and maybe a slightly different system, he can't be inspired.
I agree with you that Silvio should not have bought him. I thought that from day one. With Kaka here, Ronaldinho wasn't necessary. And even if Milan had needed a similar player, there were younger, cheaper options. But the fact is that he is here and with the way the situation has changed he could be a built-in replacement for the next couple of years while Milan focuses on rebuilding the team with younger players. Maybe you are right and he will be a spectacular failure (like you, I hope not!). But I think he deserves a chance before we just cast him to the curb (unless, of course, say, Manchester City or somebody wants to pay big money for him, then I say let him go and bring in more young talent).
I think I will start to support Real now, not only b/c of Kaka but mainly b/c they actually have a MGT that wants to create a winning team and most of all, care for the TEAM and its FANS.
Mark my word, Milan will win the Champions League again before Real Madrid will. Perez will buy all the big name players he possibly can, but there will not be enough balls to go around and they'll never play as a team. Milan is a team and will always be bigger than any of its players.
jakob8543
09-06-2009, 07:41
You guys can bash me but selling Kaka is a good beginning. Like i said before, he is not the same player he was for 2 years already. I would rather take the money from kaka rather than hope he return back to the same form as previously. I would gladly sell seedorf and Pirlo too, based on their performances in the past season. There must be new blood in milan to start a new era, the current squad is too old and too predictable. I am hoping for more promising, hungry players to arrive.
I agree 100 %!
johncharles365
09-06-2009, 07:43
I don't think any one advocates a complete takeover by the arabs but their financial support is needed. We do need some more investment in the club otherwise Milan will be selling their best players every summer from now on because berlusconi isn't able to put in the financial resources needed to make Milan powerful again. you have to consider the likely hood that in two season time Milan could of sold pato pirlo gattuso jankulovski and flamini to keep the Milan functioning. of course Milan would function much better without some of more useless players that shall remain nameless but i would consider that new financial support is a must. It just up to Berlusconi to swallow his pride and do what best for Milan even if we lose some of our values and ethics Milan we exist as a great European club.
Most likely to develop more in phisical strenght in Milanello.
Regarding Dzeko, surely you mean he will injure himself within the first few weeks and take 12+ months to return, judging by Milan Labs standards :D
MiamiMilanista
09-06-2009, 07:46
I really get the feeling that Kaka will be Shevchenko - Chapter 2. As someone said above, he has not been in the same form in the past 2 years. Not only that, but if Leonardo can whip Ronaldinho into shape and get his head straight, Dinho can have a better year than Kaka has had in the past 2.
If we re-invest the $$ the right way, this move is a very smart one indeed
I don't think you see where I want to go: I don't care if the potential new "foreign owner" is Arab, Canadian, Chinese (or even Italian which isn't a foreigner for Milan :D), I'm also not a 100% defender of Berlusconi (contrarly to what you maybe think mrki), what I say is that stability is good.
I don't want Milan to become like Chelsea (look at their mercatos, some players came one year and left the following year), nor like Real Madrid (a new president every 5 years).
It's hard to understand each other completely like this.....:depress:
Milan already is a club like Chelsea...you name it, which means Milan has a wealthy owner, just like Chelsea and in fact was in this situation before Chelsea.
Milan is just like any other European club that has a rich boss.
The only difference is that our boss isn't doing his job very well.
That's why i said it doesn't matter who is in charge, but rather how they are doing their job.
.....and I like the Real's and Barca's way of changing the management. Remember how, when one of them starts to loose the race, fans wave with white flags in the stadium? Changes then come rapidly and that's the real image of a club that belongs to the fans
It's hard to understand each other completely like this.....:depress:
Milan already is a club like Chelsea...you name it, which means Milan has a wealthy owner, just like Chelsea and in fact was in this situation before Chelsea.
Milan is just liek any other European club that has a rich boss.
The only difference is that our boss isn't doing his job very well.
That's why i said it doesn't matter who is in charge, but rather how are they doing their job.
.....and I like the Real's Barca's way of changing the managment. Remember how, when one of them starts to loose the race, fans wave with white flags in the stadium? Changes then come rapidly and that's the real image of a club that belongs to the fans
When I say I don't want Milan to be like Chelsea, it's about the way mercatos and players are used ... We tend to still respect the players in Milan, whereas in Chelsea for example, players are like machines.
When I say I don't want Milan to be like Chelsea, it's about the way mercatos and players are used ... We tend to still respect the players in Milan, whereas in Chelsea for example, players are like machines.
Ok, I get your point and I agree. :)
But results speak for themselves regarding mercatos
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 08:00
Mark my word, Milan will win the Champions League again before Real Madrid will. Perez will buy all the big name players he possibly can, but there will not be enough balls to go around and they'll never play as a team. Milan is a team and will always be bigger than any of its players.
Not trying to piss you off or anything, but thats what Juve fans said after the Zizou sale and we know what happened.
His comments are true for some part but also harsh for some other part as, we seem to forget it, Manchester sold Beckham in his prime years, Barcelona sold their idol Figo in his prime years (worst than us as Barcelona and Real ...), Juventus sold Zidane in his prime years, ...
Look at where Manchester and Barcelona are nowadays ?
Yes, we could have one or two very difficult years of rebuilding, but if it is well done, we could be even stronger than what we were in the best year of "Kaka' era" ...
Manchester United are what they are because of their current philosophy, which we should admire, likewise with Barcelona. Manchester United will remain a great team even if they sold Ronaldo. Beckham wasn't even a key player, he was the weakest link in their midfield (Keane/Scholes/Giggs) and Juventus remained competitive after Zidane because they bought three world class players of immense quality. Will Milan do the same? It doesn't look likely if our transfer strategy over the last few years is anything to go by. Truth is Milan allowed itself to go into decline both on and off the pitch by stagnating and questionable financial management (huge contracts to over the hill players etc...), whats happened to all the money from the years we reached the QF of the Champions League at least from 2003-2007?
You know, what can allow us to still have some hopes is the fact that Berlusconi is a very proud person and his image is more important than whatever else (because all he got and still gets is thanks to his image and excellent communication).
Milan is directly linked to Berlusconi ...
Milan didn't get excellent results for 2 years, actually Milan didn't get any trophy for two years ...
Milan sold Kaka' ...
All that is bad for Berlusconi's image ... so he will have to make Milan stronger. It's a must for him as I don't think he wants to sell the club.
Manchester United are what they are because of their current philosophy, which we should admire, likewise with Barcelona. Manchester United will remain a great team even if they sold Ronaldo. Beckham wasn't even a key player, he was the weakest link in their midfield (Keane/Scholes/Giggs) and Juventus remained competitive after Zidane because they bought three world class players of immense quality. Will Milan do the same? It doesn't look likely if our transfer strategy over the last few years is anything to go by. Truth is Milan allowed itself to go into decline both on and off the pitch by stagnating and questionable financial management (huge contracts to over the hill players etc...), whats happened to all the money from the years we reached the QF of the Champions League at least from 2003-2007?
If Dzeko is really near to sign with us (he said again today that his "heart is Rossonero", which is good for us to get him, even if I don't believe too much that as Kaka' said the same kind of stupid BS :D, let's say it's a good point for us for negotiations), that's already a transfer that goes in a different way regarding what we did in the past few years ...
If we add Thiago Silva, that would mean we would already get 2 young promising and talented players ... in the same mercato (even if Thiago Silva was bought in January). I think it's already a big step forward !! :D
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 08:07
The thing is, Milan or any sports club should be run by someone who cares. Once the owner stop caring, sell the club to someone who does.
Now maybe the new owner will treat the players with not the same standards than now, but is that a bad thing. Is giving a just contract to someone like Dida not a good thing? Is treating Seedorf like a machine not a good idea? The thing is that players want to win, period. And they want to be part of a winning team. As long as the owner continue to improve the squad, players will not leave. Thats something that Milan is not doing.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 08:10
You know, what can allow us to still have some hopes is the fact that Berlusconi is a very proud person and his image is more important than whatever else (because all he got and still gets is thanks to his image and excellent communication).
Milan is directly linked to Berlusconi ...
Milan didn't get excellent results for 2 years, actually Milan didn't get any trophy for two years ...
Milan sold Kaka' ...
All that is bad for Berlusconi's image ... so he will have to make Milan stronger. It's a must for him as I don't think he wants to sell the club.
I want to believe that too, but if thats the case, why sell Kaka to begin with.
Since you already know you have someone like T. Silva coming in to help in defense.
Or even if you are planning to sell Kaka, keep Gourcuff.
I mean if Milan kept Gourcuff, the sell of Kaka won't be as bad as now.
MiamiMilanista
09-06-2009, 08:17
Not trying to piss you off or anything, but thats what Juve fans said after the Zizou sale and we know what happened.
Yes, they went to a CL final the following year and lost to us... Real are going to be a clusterf*** and will end up being a disappointment
Not trying to piss you off or anything, but thats what Juve fans said after the Zizou sale and we know what happened.
Milan is not Juve and the current Real Madrid team is already too much a collection of galacticos who don't play so well together. When Madrid bought Zidane, they already had a well-balanced team in place. He was just a piece to the puzzle. Remember, Madrid had won two of the previous four CL titles at the time they bought Zidane. Recently Madrid has just been throwing pieces out there and hoping they will fit. The situation is different. It was the galactico policy that took Real Madrid down a notch. The galactico policy will not restore them to greatness.
Also, Kaka is no Zidane. ;)
I want to believe that too, but if thats the case, why sell Kaka to begin with.
Since you already know you have someone like T. Silva coming in to help in defense.
Or even if you are planning to sell Kaka, keep Gourcuff.
I mean if Milan kept Gourcuff, the sell of Kaka won't be as bad as now.
It probably wasn't planned when they put that clause into Gourcuff loan contract ...
As far as I know, we depended too much on Kaka' form. So selling him and buying some new players is probably a kind of bet. If that works and, let's imagine something almost impossible to imagine, next year, we win CL + Serie A, what will you guys say ?
If next year we do something like 2nd place in Serie A and quarters/semi-finals in CL, I think it will already be an improvement comparing to the last 2 years ...
What I want to explain is that it's maybe not a bad thing for the team, the club, that Kaka' left. We don't know what are the plans, nor for the mercato, nor for Leonardo !!
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 08:23
That brings me to another question, if this Kaka's deal is suppose to be in neg. since April. Should Milan reach out to Gourcuff at that time and promise him a starting place as Kaka will be leaving.
It probably wasn't planned when they put that clause into Gourcuff loan contract ...
And Milan never really envisioned Gourcuff in Kaka's role anyway.
Rosson3r
09-06-2009, 08:27
On 8 June, Kakį signed a six-year contract with Real Madrid for an undisclosed fee believed to be £56 million or €68 million the bigest transfer in histori.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 08:30
Milan is not Juve and the current Real Madrid team is already too much a collection of galacticos who don't play so well together. When Madrid bought Zidane, they already had a well-balanced team in place. He was just a piece to the puzzle. Remember, Madrid had won two of the previous four CL titles at the time they bought Zidane. Recently Madrid has just been throwing pieces out there and hoping they will fit. The situation is different. It was the galactico policy that took Real Madrid down a notch. The galactico policy will not restore them to greatness.
Also, Kaka is no Zidane. ;)
They went overkill without buying defenders and def mid.
But they have two Diarras + Gago. In defense, they have Pepe, Ramos and Garay(they signed him last year). Who knows, maybe they will get someone like Vidic.
That brings me to another question, if this Kaka's deal is suppose to be in neg. since April. Should Milan reach out to Gourcuff at that time and promise him a starting place as Kaka will be leaving.
Perez said that negotiations started in April, which doesn't mean that it was sure that Kaka' would leave in April (or anyway, maybe Kaka' knew what he wanted to do but with his several declarations ...).
Actually, even if Kaka' and the management knew in April that he would go, the fact that Kaka' stated several times he wouldn't move probably didn't help to convince Gourcuff to come back.
Rick, they maybe thought about Gourcuff as his replacement too late ... which is a mistake.
Actually, I don't see the sale of Kaka' as a mistake, but the way we lost Gourcuff (especially knowing that Kaka' leaves now, but we speak "a posteriori") seems to be a big mistake there.
They went overkill without buying defenders and def mid.
But they have two Diarras + Gago. In defense, they have Pepe, Ramos and Garay(they signed him last year). Who knows, maybe they will get someone like Vidic.
It's not about names unless you're playing fantasy football. It's about teamwork and cohesiveness. That's something that has been lacking in Madrid. Adding Kaka is not going to magically transform them. Did you not see how awful they were against Liverpool and against Juventus? Now they're talking about adding Cristiano Ronaldo. Yeah, like that's going to work! You pay stupid money for Kaka and now you're going to go out and pay even more stupid money for a guy who will hog the ball from him half the time.
Rick, they maybe thought about Gourcuff as his replacement too late ... which is a mistake.
Actually, I don't see the sale of Kaka' as a mistake, but the way we lost Gourcuff (especially knowing that Kaka' leaves now, but we speak "a posteriori") seems to be a big mistake there.
You may be right there, but Gourcuff had not played well in his two seasons at Milan so I don't think it was unreasonable to add an option to buy (for a good price) to his loan deal. Of course hindsight is 20/20.
Oh, and this from Dzeko's agent:
"Edin Dzeko is a Wolfsburg player and he still has a two year contract left to run with the German side," Redzepagic revealed.
"Reports saying that Milan are in talks with Dzeko are not true. I have been contacted by clubs and there are teams in England, Spain, Germany and Italy who are interested in him, but we have not received any concrete deal on the table yet.
"There are no offers for the moment, but it's possible that he could leave for another club. I don't have any information of a deal between Milan and Wolfsburg."
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 08:44
And Milan never really envisioned Gourcuff in Kaka's role anyway.
The point I was trying to make is not Gourcuff replacing Kaka....The point is that Gourcuff is a huge talent. And if the MGT already know there is an offer too good to refuse from Real for Kaka, they should have reach out to secure Gourcuff and not let him slip. That way at least Milan will not need to spend to get another quality midfielder
My recommendation:
AC Milan always have great players, but tandems always brought tophies.
If You want Dzeko, ideal combination for Milan is Dzeko-Misimovic
Misimovic is the best passer and assistant in History of Bundesliga. Misimovic like Kaka. Ofcourse Kaka is better than Misimovic, but Duo Dzeko-Mismovic is great duo and bingo combination.
See ya
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 08:47
It's not about names unless you're playing fantasy football. It's about teamwork and cohesiveness. That's something that has been lacking in Madrid. Adding Kaka is not going to magically transform them. Did you not see how awful they were against Liverpool and against Juventus? Now they're talking about adding Cristiano Ronaldo. Yeah, like that's going to work! You pay stupid money for Kaka and now you're going to go out and pay even more stupid money for a guy who will hog the ball from him half the time.
They played bad against Pool and Juve, at least they were playing in CL. We got kicked out by Wander in UEFA CUP. Also, have you seen how we played without Kaka. Now I am not saying Real will win CL with Kaka and CR7, but they are a stronger team compare to us and thats a fact.
The point I was trying to make is not Gourcuff replacing Kaka....The point is that Gourcuff is a huge talent. And if the MGT already know there is an offer too good to refuse from Real for Kaka, they should have reach out to secure Gourcuff and not let him slip. That way at least Milan will not need to spend to get another quality midfielder
He's a talented player who was pretty much a bust at Milan. Nobody around here was all that concerned based on his play in Italy. Hindsight is 20/20.
My recommendation:
AC Milan always have great players, but tandems always brought tophies.
If You want Dzeko, ideal combination for Milan is Dzeko-Misimovic
Misimovic is the best passer and assistant in History of Bundesliga. Misimovic like Kaka. Ofcourse Kaka is better than Misimovic, but Duo Dzeko-Mismovic is great duo and bingo combination.
See ya
Now there's what I'm talking about! :5schal:
It's not about collecting the greatest players. It's about collecting players who play well together. Nice post Bosnian! Whether it's Dzeko and Misimovic or whoever, Milan must focus on building a cohesive unit. It's not about any one player or collection of big names.
They played bad against Pool and Juve, at least they were playing in CL. We got kicked out by Wander in UEFA CUP. Also, have you seen how we played without Kaka. Now I am not saying Real will win CL with Kaka and CR7, but they are a stronger team compare to us and thats a fact.
They have more talent and bigger names, it's true. Madrid has always had some of the biggest names. But I believe Milan will rebuild into a cohesive squad. Madrid will continue to be a collection of names as long as they continue with the galactico policy. It's not where you start. It's where you finish.
My recommendation:
AC Milan always have great players, but tandems always brought tophies.
If You want Dzeko, ideal combination for Milan is Dzeko-Misimovic
Misimovic is the best passer and assistant in History of Bundesliga. Misimovic like Kaka. Ofcourse Kaka is better than Misimovic, but Duo Dzeko-Mismovic is great duo and bingo combination.
See ya
thats not a bad idea.misimovits/hernanes-dzeko-mexes-clishy
..
but i dont think that that's the point of kaka's departure.
a lot of milan fans tend to hide behind their finger..the problem is our management..i dont think there is a single person beleving that they're gonna make the right moves with the 80mil..if it was moggi in charge,or if we had capelo as coach,then maybe all these would be for the best..
but as i ve said,i dont see my team as a step for players who want sth bigger for their careers..we have to be the "final step" the dream step for every player..and with situations like this we loose a lot more than one player,we loose prestige,power and dignity..
ps moggi brought nedved,buffon,thuram with those money..
its like bringing buffon(again),fabregas and mexes this time..no way with those scums in charge..
Not only do we sell are most prized asset, but our coach is taking coach lessons after he has signed a deal.
If this was happening with Inter, we would be laughing our faces off.
It's just such an embarrassment.
Nevermind folks, the party maybe just started :5drunk:
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 09:03
They have more talent and bigger names, it's true. Madrid has always had some of the biggest names. But I believe Milan will rebuild into a cohesive squad. Madrid will continue to be a collection of names as long as they continue with the galactico policy. It's not where you start. It's where you finish.
Dude, I see your point. But then I envision the play of Seedorf, the defense of Favalli and Kaladze, the positioning of Dida and the faces of Berlu and Galli at a party with young women. Milan will win CL next year.
Why can't Kaka be part of that team, if every single team in the world thinks he is a good player and would love to have him on the team.
One more thing, over the past 10 years. Only one CL winner does not have your so call Superstars, thats Porto. But they had JM as their coach and Deco was amazing that year.
Tim Vickery BBC South American football correspondent adds his 2 cents worth
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2009/06/milan_to_madrid_via_manchester.html
Definately worth a read
This may be my depressed point of view, but Nesta is a big mystery, Thiago? also a mystery, Kaladze? Jankulovski?
The midfield is also a mess.
Look at the team Milan http://www.acmilan.com/lm_team_roster.aspx
And now remove Kaka, Becks, Inzaghi (he can't play forever), Nesta....
It's not unlikely and it doesn't look promising
Rossoneri Fuego
09-06-2009, 09:16
listen i herd pato wants to leave? wow thats amazing..... so everybody think's were
dead just because kaka' left?.......wow why dont we recall paloschi back albertazzi and give antonnini a chance?........we might as well have a all italiano squadra si molto giocatore non tieni milan nel cuore?,......we should get danielle de rossi,montolivo, giuseppi de rossi and assemble a almost entirely italian squad.......im sorry its a sad truth unless you know la storia d' italia you'll never appreciate the country and the culture it's a very sad fact fellas but face it most english players stay in england you know why? because the british pound and english stlye..... you realize that almost all of barca's team was catalan? pique,iniesta,xavi,puyol,valdes not sure? busquets<<im pretty sure that name isn't espanyol like how they bash people from castellian desent out there...all im saying is we should start getting more italian players at all cost....it only makes sense now right?
Some of you still think ( or hope ) that Berlusconi nad Galliani have a plan that will make Milangreat again. I used to think so untill last year when I realised that Silvio will not invest any money in the club and that Milan is being used and financialy abused, not led like before.
After Milan sold Sheva there were reports that Silvio is not leading his money anymore but his daughter ( they say she's one of better economist in the country bla,bla...) and his son partially. I thought its a nonsence...
Milan, after we sold Sheva, invested ALMOST NOTHING compared to the REAL money imput in to the club that is one of the biggest in the world and has huge fan base, tv money, commercials etc. Milan sold Sheva and bought Oliveira and bunch of players worth nothing. Milan also invested in Gourcuff 3mln and couldnt wait to sell him ( we couldnt guarantee him a place in first 11 - Galliani said so - and we knew we'd sell Kaka'??? ). Milan made Beckham pay 10mln! to play for us... We invested in Dinho ( who is a player that pays for himself after one year probably...), invested in Pato ( good investment ) and bought Silva. Zambro was no expencive, Flamini was nothing etc. Compared to the money Milan got from CL win, all the euro CL trophyes ( international cup, super cup...), tv etc. And now 80mln from our 2 great players, Milan spend NOTHING.
Milan has a plan, but its not the plan you think and wish in your head. The plan is obvious: To create a team with little as possible money with coaches that will not complain. That is not real Milan, that is pure money laundring company ( Viudez, Grimi? Come on.... its classic. ). Im all against that kind of managment.
Once Silvio had wilingness to invest and lead Milan, he has it no more. That is why I say its over with "Grande Milan".
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 09:22
Well said mrki, lets see if they sell Pato and Pirlo too.
Dude, I see your point. But then I envision the play of Seedorf, the defense of Favalli and Kaladze, the positioning of Dida and the faces of Berlu and Galli at a party with young women. Milan will win CL next year.
Why can't Kaka be part of that team, if every single team in the world thinks he is a good player and would love to have him on the team.
One more thing, over the past 10 years. Only one CL winner does not have your so call Superstars, thats Porto. But they had JM as their coach and Deco was amazing that year.
With all due respect, you need to get over Kaka. He's in the past. He was sold so that the ageing squad everyone has been bitching about for the past two seasons (at least) can be rebuilt. Let's wait and see what Milan does with the money before we go jumping off bridges.
And, yes, Milan had superstars in winning the two Champions League titles under Carlo, but for the most part they were superstars that for the most part weren't superstars when they came to Milan. Kaka wasn't. Sheva wasn't. Let's see how things develop.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 09:26
To be honest, I actually would not be piss at all, if Pato and Pirlo are sold. That way, Milan can really be re built from ground up, and I will no longer have to listen to those false promise from Galli and Berlu that, Milan are champions, they will win the league....
listen i herd pato wants to leave? wow thats amazing
Pato didn't say he wants to leave. He said he would talk to Carlo (with whom he is very close) before making a decision on his future. But to be honest, if the 45 million pounds being reported as what Chelsea is willing to pay for him is true. I say sell him. That's a completely ridiculous figure.
So, Milan got 67.2 million euros for Kaka, Galliani reiterates that the money will be used to rebuild the squad and he confirms that he has talked to Dzeko's father.
Milan's Adriano Galliani Confirms Edin Dzeko Meeting, Reveals Kaka Price
Galliani has confirmed what Real will pay the Italian club for Kaka during a phone call with Sky Sport Italia, and he also confirms that he met with Edin Dzeko's father at the weekend...
9 Jun 2009 15:00:53
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has revealed the exact price Real Madrid paid for Kaka, according to Sky Sport Italia.
The Italian news station claims they spoke with the chief over the telephone on Tuesday afternoon and Galliani revealed his plans for the club following Kaka's sale to Los Merengues.
Sky Sport Italia claims Galliani told them that Milan will receive an exact amount of €67.2 million from the Spanish giants for Kaka. The Brazilian's sale is now in the past and it's time to move on.
The chief has reassured Milan fans that the money will be spent on finding Kaka's replacement, and he confirmed reports of a meeting with Edin Dzeko's father on Saturday evening.
"I was in Sarajevo for Dzeko," said the bald-headed chief.
"We like him a lot. Now we wait for Wolfsburg."
Sky Italia claimed last night that Milan were "very close" to signing Dzeko, although this morning Goal.com spoke exclusively with the striker's agent, Irfan Redzepagic, who denied that a concrete deal with the Rossoneri was in place.
"said the bald-headed chief" :ilol:
Rossoneri Fuego
09-06-2009, 09:33
i agree also bring paloschi back anyways pato has problems beating opponents he just uses his speed to beat defenders shoots outside the box IF HE GETS ENOUGH TIME! did anybody else notice he struggles aganst the big clubs? i cant remember him once scoring except juve in the 1st game?
rinogattuso
09-06-2009, 09:34
Milan, Galliani admits: "We like Dzeko"
MILAN, June 9 - 'Dzeko we like, now wait for the Wolfsburg" ... So with a single sentence but clear, Adriano Galliani has explained to Sky's position against the Milan center Bosnian.
About 30 minuts ago..
Villa is coming to Real for 38 mil.
The next one is CR7 and I hope they get Ibrahimovic as well :d55:
At least we know for sure they won't be able to get Seedorf due to his "unsellability"..eat you shorts RealM :)
johncharles365
09-06-2009, 09:37
selling kaka may of been a necessity selling Pato would be sheer stupidity, no matter what happens AC Milan should not accept any offers for pato even if he is pressuring Milan for transfer to Chelsea. Pato is the future for Milan now if are going to get rid of the old guard than it is more important that we keep as many young talented players as possible and also sign some more young talented players. A scenario where we keep pato and paloshci is much more desirable than a scenario of keeping pirlo and seedorf.
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 09:38
If will say something else.
If you are in depth and you need 70M. You try to sell Pirlo at Chelsea for 35M and then Ronaldinho to Man City for 35M.
Those 2 are finished for us and has no future, you don't sell your best player if you love your team.
And like Boban said today, Kaka was lieing with us, he gived to us his word so many times and he finaly left us.
**** you B&G! **** you Kaka!
Now what the **** is going on with Pato.In the question about his future he said I will speak firstly with Ancelotti!!! He would speak firstly with Chelsea about his future with us!!!I can't believe what i'm reading! **** you too Pato, if you wanna leave, leave and **** you.
What is going on with Milan???? We are a big joke who everyone is saying whatever he wants! A bunch of liers!
rinogattuso
09-06-2009, 09:41
http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/wolfsburg/2009/06/09/edin-dzeko/treffen-mit-wolfsburg-geplatzt.html
There is picks whiti Galliani,Braida and Redzepagic as Dzeko menager..
It would be great purchase for Us if we buy him..For 20 mins BiH national team play against Oman in France,Dzeko on fire today..tomorow in Milan Plaza on coffea!
Rossoneri Fuego
09-06-2009, 09:42
speaking about pato honestly im up to the point where IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE WITH WITH US LEAVE YOU F'R! you'll see we'll bounce back who knows mabey this massive change WILL FORCE US TO CREATE A REAL TEAM AGAIN!
Sell Kaka for 65 mil, Pato for 40 mil, Pirlo for 30 mil...OMG that's so much money that we could buy Inter now
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 09:46
Well done you are just 20, you just comed to Milan and now you wonna go! **** you!
How sad its gonna be that summer, i can see us finlay sell all our stars and Seedorf still being our player.What a nightmare.
And something important, if we sold kaka to fill the depth don't make big dreams about transfers.The money from him will go to erase the depth.If we try to sign anyone with 20m or more means that we are again in depth.So you can start crying from now.
I HATE YOU BERLUSCONI AND GALIANI! I HATE YOU 2 WITH ALL MY EVILLNESS!
ACMILAN1983
09-06-2009, 09:50
I'm trying to figure out the best option for the attacking unit that can replace the void Kaka has left. It's actually extremely difficult if I'm honest. Guessing that Dzeko will come to partner Pato (I want to believe he will stay), we need one more component to the attack or midfield to come in.
Ribery is one that comes to mind, but he might be difficult to obtain in the current climate. He'd provide width in the team and be useful support for Pato and Dzeko. Another option is possibly G.Rossi, who is now establishing himself at a global level and looks like a star for Italy in the future. He's extremely talented and naturally plays deeper than Pato and Dzeko, so he could well work. Still these are tentative solutions which may not be the answer. Another option is Dinho playing centrally which I think most of us are very hesitant about.
Beyond that, I'm really struggling to think of EU options that we can get.
Rossoneri Fuego
09-06-2009, 09:52
what about montolivo or daniele de rossi?
rinogattuso
09-06-2009, 09:57
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportmediaset.it%2Fmercato%2Farticoli%2Farticolo24220.shtml&sl=it&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
We are very,very close to Edin!!
ACMILAN1983
09-06-2009, 10:01
what about montolivo or daniele de rossi?
De Rossi doesn't play in the attacking third of the pitch which is what we need.
Montolivo doesn't either really and personally I don't rate him that highly.
what about montolivo or daniele de rossi?
de rossi would be great...aquilani would be excellent.. not too sure about montolivo..i say maybe...if aquilani is out of our reach(he probably is), I would go for Gokhan Inler..creative midfielder, good passing,great vision...
Christian
09-06-2009, 10:03
Hold on here. Just about every major club have let go of some of their biggest stars in recent years. It was only last year that Real Madrid let Robinho go to a bottom table club remember, and he was just entering his prime while they didn't even get anything close to what we got for Kaka from it. Manchester United sold Beckham, Stam and Van Nistelrooy, their best players at the time. Chelsea sold Robben just two years ago, again entering his prime. Arsenal always sells their best players, Liverpool never really had any superstars, but don't be suprised if Xabi Alonso or Mascherano will leave this summer. In fact it's just not that uncommen for big clubs to let go of their superstars these days.
How many of those teams you mentioned are not in the 'top spender' list even after they sold? zero
If we're gonna get a Dzeko, I wouldn't mind a proper #10 playmaker not that Kaka is gone. There's Gourcuff who we let go...(maybe we'll take him back after the WC?) so maybe the plan is to play Dinho for one season as the playmaker and had Gourcuff phase him out in the following season? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part.
Besides Gourcuff, there aren't any other playmakers I can readily think of off the top of my head. There's Cassano but we'd never buy him. Diego that Juve just signed. Besides that, I can't really think of any other AM's.
I'm trying to figure out the best option for the attacking unit that can replace the void Kaka has left. It's actually extremely difficult if I'm honest. Guessing that Dzeko will come to partner Pato (I want to believe he will stay), we need one more component to the attack or midfield to come in.
Ribery is one that comes to mind, but he might be difficult to obtain in the current climate. He'd provide width in the team and be useful support for Pato and Dzeko. Another option is possibly G.Rossi, who is now establishing himself at a global level and looks like a star for Italy in the future. He's extremely talented and naturally plays deeper than Pato and Dzeko, so he could well work. Still these are tentative solutions which may not be the answer. Another option is Dinho playing centrally which I think most of us are very hesitant about.
Beyond that, I'm really struggling to think of EU options that we can get.
Milan was linked to Malouda awhile back. He played very well for Chelsea once Hiddink got there. Fabregas has been mentioned, but he would be expensive. Madrid would seem to owe us a bit, so maybe Wesley Sniejder could come fairly cheap as they seem to want to sell him. Van der Vaart might be available as well. Arteta. Silva. Danny. There are many possibilities.
johncharles365
09-06-2009, 10:17
Hamsik montolivo melo aquilani i can think of plenty of play makers just in Serie A alone, Milan will probably never replace kaka but what we can do is change the style of play and for god sake get rid of shevchenko and seedorf and dida. Milan have 80 millions euros to play with over 110 if Milan sell pirlo and seedorf. the cash needs to be used to rebuild the squad lets start a revolution and make Milan a top team in the coming seasons
Rossoneri Fuego
09-06-2009, 10:17
please get sneijder!!!!!
I will not waste words on Kaka's transfer.
We all know what he meant to us, the fans.
Dammit, now I have 2 stupid Milan jerseys: 7 and 22.
At least Weah will not go to Real.:)
I just wanted to say something; Ancelotti's sacking was the first wrong step.
Pato seems to want to go to Chelsea, Kaka left, Maldini left, Gourcuff left although Leonardo went to France with Galliani(probably to persuade him to stay)....we are loosing IT. By IT I mean the Milan factor.
Why don't you go f@ck yourself, Silvio.
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 10:19
playmake/ don't go far we got 2 of them.
the first is wearning the number 10 and will be never sold even if with an offer of 200M.Berlusconi said it!
and the other is R80, both of them in perfect physical and mental form are gonna "replace" Kaka.
who the hell are you joking berlusconi, go to the hell and sell the club to the arabs we don't deserve that humilation!
and for god sake get rid of shevchenko and seedorf and dida.
Sheva will surely be back at Chelsea with Carlo, but Seedoft said today that he has said "no thanks" to Chelsea because he is 100% Rossoneri and he plans to stay around for another three years or so.
we have a playmaker, his name is Pirlo...and I still think Seedorf can play a good role as a sub for Pirlo in a position of a DM playmaker..actually he proved he can do it well in the first part of the season when Pirlo was injured..but true, they arent getting any younger, so Milan should really go for some fresh blood in that department..and serie a has a lots of good players who can be a true reinforcement to the squad.
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 10:28
I will not waste words on Kaka's transfer.
We all know what he meant to us, the fans.
Dammit, now I have 2 stupid Milan jerseys: 7 and 22.
At least Weah will not go to Real.:)
I just wanted to say something; Ancelotti's sacking was the first wrong step.
Pato seems to want to go to Chelsea, Kaka left, Maldini left, Gourcuff left although Leonardo went to France with Galliani(probably to persuade him to stay)....we are loosing IT. By IT I mean the Milan factor.
Why don't you go f@ck yourself, Silvio.
Oh mate i'm in the same place with you.I also have 2 Milan jerseys, with 7 sheva and 22 Kaka.
I bought firstly 7 Sheva just a couple of months before he left us.
And now i bought the 22 kaka just acouple of months before the second traitor left us.What a strange and similar fate. **** my luckyness! I will never buy another shirt for sure.
silvio sell the club to the arabs, if you can't control the depth you can't destroy the team by selling their best players.give the club to the arabs they know how to fill this little money depth.70M are nothing for El Maktoun.
If el Maktoun was in charge nothing of this would have happend.
We would have Kaka+Dzeko+Fabregas+ whoever you want.
johncharles365
09-06-2009, 10:28
lucky seedorf is only contracted to 2011 i hope he retires before that, he should go he is just not good enough to wear a Milan shirt any more .
Milan_Kaka
09-06-2009, 10:37
rosoneri_11, I just wanted to point out to you that it's "dept" and not "depth". :D
Anw, I think that Pato is starting to feel insecure and uncertain about the future of Milan. When he saw Kaka leaving he got scared that Milan will be ruined taking him with it. I think we should buy Dzeko as soon as possible to assure our "wanted" players that everything's gonna be fine.
What the hell is wrong with Pato saying that he'll talk to Ancelloti first and then meet with the club. Get a f##ing grip kid.....just because Carlo believed in you, it doesn't mean that you'll be able to play for him your whole life. Prove your worth to other coaches as well. Carlo may have given you a lot of chances, but Milan paid 22m Euro for you when you weren't even 18. So appreciate stuff in your life.
sorry, but this whole interview with Pato just pissed me off. How spoiled. As far as I'm concerned, I want him to stay because he will be an immense striker for years to come, but if he will start doing this crap and wants to leave...then he can piss off from Milan too.
Anyhow, I suspect that there will be some rumors this summer about Pato....a few interviews by him and his agent and eventually his agent will buy him (Pato) and improved contract from Milan just like how it was happening with Kaka.
Stop asking for a sale of Seedorf and Pirlo ...
The situation was clear: we sell Kaka', Ronaldinho, Pirlo, or Seedorf !!
Now we sold Kaka', let's keep other players and let's bring good additions to that roster to have a competitive team and competition for each position (forcing the starting players to play well).
Rosoneri_11, buy shirts without number/name on the back next time !! :D
Anyway, the same thing happened to me with Gilardino ... :(
I really dislike what Pato says ... even if I understand the fact that he is maybe very close to Ancelotti. Anyway, he won't ask advices to Ancelotti as a Chelsea coach but to Ancelotti as a man I think, and I don't think that Ancelotti wants to kill Milan (by taking one of the most promising players) ?
About the amounts invested, I put it again, you will understand why we can use money:
- 60M debt
+ 15M from Gourcuff
+ 65M from Kaka
+ 40M from CL qualification
+ Budget initially planned for this mercato but we will never know what was the amount (let's imagine 20M ?)
=> Addition of these amounts: 120M + potentially 20M
++ 36M that can be used for wages (wage of Kaka' for 4 years of contract that can be partially used for the next players)
So that lets us with officially 60M to spend on the next mercato, maybe a bit more ...
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 10:48
rosoneri_11, I just wanted to point out to you that it's "dept" and not "depth". :D
Thanks mate good for telling me. I really know that it is depth and not dept, because i play a lot of FM when i have free time and i know exactly how should be written.
Since today of 3 am here at greece (when he officially left us) im very upset and angry and if i write something wrong is beacuse i write it so fast as fast my anger is coming out of me! At the moment im writing everything with big passion and anger so my mind isn't not so focused if i wrote something wrong or right. i hope you got my point. I maybe have done already many mistakes posting that post but i don't care i feel so angry right now that.............i realy don't care.
thanks again mate!
Warro Bantan
09-06-2009, 10:48
A lot of emotions here....
Understandably so....in losing Kaka...
Well, did we in fact lose him? He admits to being in discussions with them for "some time"....which means that a lot of his "I am a Milan player" talk, was just that, talk.
I am not trying to absolve Berlu from blame, as if he didn't want Kaka to leave, he could have just given Kaka a new contract, but for whatever reason (financial or otherwise) he chose not to.
From my perspective, were Kaka true to his words, he wouldn't have left, indeed, if his love for Milan was as strong as he claimed, money would never motivate him to leave.
Would money motivate anyone of us to become Inter fans? In the end, I am forced to answer that question myself...and the answer is: NO!!
If you love a club that much, shouldn't u be willing to make sacrifices for the club? Instead of putting your aspirations ahead of it? Especially when the club made u into the player you are? What is the real difference between £9M per year and £9.5? Seriously....a Bently?
The cold hard facts are that there is one legend: Paolo Maldini. I am just happy that he played for Milan. He is the example that shows the true nature of the "evangelist"...as one more interested in monetary gain, than in loyalty.
As has been said in this thread, it takes 2 to tango....let's take a look at B & G's role in this (I tend to exclude Galliani when discussing management, as he is only a puppet, but will include him here, becuz of all his previous rants about tombstones etc.)
The moment I saw that R80 was enroute to Milan, I knew Kaka's days in the club were numbered. The moment I saw where Carlo wasn't playing R80, I knew his day were numbered. So its no real surprise to me, especially after the narrow miss with Man City, that management wouldn't be reluctant to sell the club's "most prized" asset...
I defend Berlu's actions only from an economic/lockerroom perspective: Can Milan "afford" to continually raise Kaka's salary (while not doing so for his team-mates) in the face of offers from other clubs? Beckham (although he is the Trojan horse of Madrid) shows that in this day of materialisim, one can make monetary sacrifices (his to the tune of $10M) to stay/go where u want....where was Kaka's willingness to (and get this) remain as one of the highest paid players in the world, at current salary? Or even take a pay-cut to stay?
On the other hand, couldn't Berlu find an extra half a million £s to keep him? Or would that mean increasing everyone else's pay everytime AS, Marca, or the Daily Mail printed an article? We already have the highest wage bill in Italy, if not Europe...
In all this, let's not lose sight of the facts. Just as Berlu ushered in a new era in club football management and ownership, when he bought Milan, so too have the Russian oligarchs, the Middle Eastern Oil barons and, the US capitalists(though theirs with questionable fiscal results).
Berlu is no longer among the elite financially, he is in the 2nd tier, no longer able (or willing?) to make the investments necessary to stay with the pack in this ever escalating, expenditure driven chase for silverware...were he, then the Kaka saga would have had a very different ending.
Money, in the absence of strategy, does nothing however, increasingly, strategy in the absence of money also pays scant dividends. So there must be a vision working in tandem with expenditure, in order for any club to succeed on the biggest stage. Which begs the question: will Milan strategize and spend wisely? Who knows? Early days in this mercato yet.
These are challenging times for any club, and now moreso Milan. With a new coach, the loss of a key player, and only hazy, insubstantial news as to aquisitions, many of us must worry as to not only what the short term future of the club is, but the long term one as well. With, or without Kaka, a new inexperienced coach was always a challenge...and yet, this isn't the concern of most (though I confess it remains my biggest concern, especially in a league that seemed to invent the tactical approach)...the majority of us are wondering who we will buy with the £80M from the sale of arguably 2 of the best creative midfielders out there...
Only time will reveal that, as well as the impact this monumental mercato will have on the club's future. Let's not forget that Platini's plan to exclude debt ridden clubs from Uefa competition is a very real threat...yet the finer points of this rule have yet to be elucidated, and further, would we still watch the UCL without Man U, Liverpool, Inter, Madrid, Barca and the other clubs who, due to their huge debts would be excluded from the competition?
I would...but then I am a Milan fan first and foremost...I would watch Milan in Serie C if I had to. Would others watch a UCL tourney without Europes biggest guns though? Would the "uncommitted" fan watch, and importantly, pay to watch?
Which raises the possibility of Platini's idea being a non-starter (though I doubt it...I think it will become a uefa ruling one way or another).
In this time of rapidly changing circumstance, I can take great pride in my alliance and identification with a true legend and symbol, a true icon, and like San Paolo, will remain a Milanista, for life....come (and go) who (or) what may.
MVBasten
09-06-2009, 10:52
I will always think that Kaka left us to help Milan in a difficult financial situation, everyone else can feel free to think that he betrayed us or whatever.
Berlusconi paid our loss for this season, which was even a bit more than what we got for Kaka. However in these financial crisis times he probably lost unbelievable amount of money, and didn't feel he could spend big on the transfer market in ADDITION to paying our huge losses. Selling Kaka makes sense for several reasons:
1) We get enough money to at least buy a couple of quality players that fit into Leonardos' new system. Also remember that we don't have all the money from Kaka + Gourcuff to spend, as we must pay wages, agent fees, player sign-on fee etc aswell as taxes. But I do believe we will sign at least 2 players that cost quite a bit, and I do also believe we will recall some of our loaned out players, especially Abate. If we get Dzeko aswell, it really seems the management finally opened their eyes and realized we need to buy young and create the new winning generation.
2) We fix a big part of our salary budget. We paid 16m a year for Kaka (50% taxes). This is more than what Real Madrid will have to pay for him (9m for Kaka + 25% taxes).
3) We remove the player who by far made the most money in our club. His salary made the other players ask for more money, and this was a really evil cycle that spiraled our salary budget out of control. Now maybe we can break this cycle, and make the clubs economy much more healthy over the next few years.
4) We sell Kaka at the optimal time. He had his peak in 2007, he is now turning 27 and only have 2-3 more seasons at the top. The reason for this is that he is a player that totally have to rely on his speed, and when you turn 30 (give or take) you lose some of that speed. Kaka without his top speed will not be a top 5 player in the world anymore, even if he surely can be a good player.
Okay, so it's sad to see such a great player leave, and his commitment to Milan these years has given us a lot of joy. But like i wrote many pages earlier, and as others have pointed out: Milan is bigger than any player, and we will strike back after Kaka as well. Maybe Leonardo can get R80 back into shape, and if we can have Pato and Dzeko up top with R80 supplying them, we can really have an exciting season ahead of us.
And let's not start assuming Pato is a Chelsea player just yet. He said in his interview that he didn't get a chance to talk to Ancelotti after the Fiorentina match cause of a doping test. Ancelotti helped Pato a lot in developing and giving him the chance to play, so I think there is a a special bond and it's natural that he wanted to talk to him before he left etc. Let's not just assume that he want's to go to Chelsea just yet. I firmly believe that Pato will play in Milan shirt in the first match of the 09/10 season.
FORZA MILAN! Let's make a new and young team over the next few years!
I bought firstly 7 Sheva just a couple of months before he left us.
And now i bought the 22 kaka just acouple of months before the second traitor left us.What a strange and similar fate. **** my luckyness! I will never buy another shirt for sure.
Come on, man. Buy Seedorf jersey, please! :neww:
rinogattuso
09-06-2009, 10:56
Another super GOAL by Edin Dzeko in firendly match! This man is unstopable machine..
Sell Kaka for 65 mil, Pato for 40 mil, Pirlo for 30 mil...OMG that's so much money that we could buy Inter now
Newcastle for sale for 100mil, we can buy them...
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 11:04
Stop asking for a sale of Seedorf and Pirlo ...
The situation was clear: we sell Kaka', Ronaldinho, Pirlo, or Seedorf !!
Now we sold Kaka', let's keep other players and let's bring good additions to that roster to have a competitive team and competition for each position (forcing the starting players to play well).
Rosoneri_11, buy shirts without number/name on the back next time !! :D
Anyway, the same thing happened to me with Gilardino ... :(
I really dislike what Pato says ... even if I understand the fact that he is maybe very close to Ancelotti. Anyway, he won't ask advices to Ancelotti as a Chelsea coach but to Ancelotti as a man I think, and I don't think that Ancelotti wants to kill Milan (by taking one of the most promising players) ?
About the amounts invested, I put it again, you will understand why we can use money:
- 60M debt
+ 15M from Gourcuff
+ 65M from Kaka
+ 40M from CL qualification
+ Budget initially planned for this mercato but we will never know what was the amount (let's imagine 20M ?)
=> Addition of these amounts: 120M + potentially 20M
++ 36M that can be used for wages (wage of Kaka' for 4 years of contract that can be partially used for the next players)
So that lets us with officially 60M to spend on the next mercato, maybe a bit more ...
Nice idea my friend about the shirt, since 3 am my brain had stuck of findineg ideas!
About the budget, 60?
Firstly why we can have 40m by entering in CL? I know that is around 5-10M getting in the groups.I know that winning the CL is around the moneys you said.
As for the Kaka's wage moneys.He was paid around 8-9 mil per year right.The 36m you are saying would have been payed in the next 3-4 years of his contract right. 8-9 milions per year.
At the moment if we want to use those 36m we can't, we can use only the 8-9 because that is what we have save rigth now from his wages.a pleyr when signs a contract he is payed by yearly wages he don't get all the moneys once.
I think you got my point.
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 11:09
Come on, man. Buy Seedorf jersey, please! :neww:
Ok, thats a good reason to get one.
From now i start the hunt period of seedorf's shirt in my city.
Christian
09-06-2009, 11:12
I to was very dissapointed by what Pato said. It smells alot like an attempt to get an improved contract. Think about it, he (his agent) knows that the Milan board simply can't afford to even think about selling him now, it would be a tragedy for every Milan fan, and from a sporting point of view aswell, considering how unpopular Berlusconi and Galliani are following the Kaka sale. Therefor he can put some pressure on the board, or at least lay the foundation for an improved contract after he has set the CL on fire next year.
Other than that the whole interview sounds strange to say the least. First he says that he's not certain about his future, and then he says that he wants to win the Champions League, and that we have a great group and that Ronaldinho is a phenomen. I would love to read the whole thing because it wouldn't be the first time goal.com etc. manipulate quotes.
edit: And I don't want to gloat, but you guys should've bought a Nesta 13 shirt like me ;)
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 11:13
But firstly i must change my avatar wich i had keeped as much as i am a MilanMania member.And of course to edit my profile in favorite players list.
**** you Kaka you lied to me and the hole rossoneri fans.I love you but now i hate you! You and B&G.
I just want to mention that I'm seeing some people say that selling Kaka at this moment is the best possible decision that could ever be made, and then go about talking about "IF Leonardo can whip Ronnie back into shape".
Whats with all this crap????
If you guys have forgotten, Ronnie's been pure crap for the past 3 years, 1 more than Kaka, if you keep saying that he hasn't been his best in the past two seasons.
And another thing, RONNIE IS OLDER THAN KAKA FOR *** SAKE! I would put Ronnie's decline at a faster rate than Kaka, no doubt about it. If it were possible to whip Ronnie into shape, it would have been faster to whip Kaka back into shape, and yet neither really happened!
Now lets wait and see if Pato decides to leave as well. Then some people on the board will be going "Oh, he'll decline fast enough".
Just quit it with this bull$hit. You're not convincing anyone.
bLOND !-,-!
09-06-2009, 11:15
ooh please, just don't begin with new "pato-saga", i need a little rest ;) just calm down about pato....
Stop asking for a sale of Seedorf and Pirlo ...
The situation was clear: we sell Kaka', Ronaldinho, Pirlo, or Seedorf !!
Now we sold Kaka', let's keep other players and let's bring good additions to that roster to have a competitive team and competition for each position (forcing the starting players to play well).
Rosoneri_11, buy shirts without number/name on the back next time !! :D
Anyway, the same thing happened to me with Gilardino ... :(
I really dislike what Pato says ... even if I understand the fact that he is maybe very close to Ancelotti. Anyway, he won't ask advices to Ancelotti as a Chelsea coach but to Ancelotti as a man I think, and I don't think that Ancelotti wants to kill Milan (by taking one of the most promising players) ?
About the amounts invested, I put it again, you will understand why we can use money:
- 60M debt
+ 15M from Gourcuff
+ 65M from Kaka
+ 40M from CL qualification
+ Budget initially planned for this mercato but we will never know what was the amount (let's imagine 20M ?)
=> Addition of these amounts: 120M + potentially 20M
++ 36M that can be used for wages (wage of Kaka' for 4 years of contract that can be partially used for the next players)
So that lets us with officially 60M to spend on the next mercato, maybe a bit more ...
Wages shouldn't be a big issue since when players come Milan must also spend money for wages and as rossoneri 11 said, it should be a long-term money which can't be combined money from you listed above IMO.
And about the debt, do Milan have to have zero debt? If not, Milan should be able to pay in instalments.
Well at first I was very dissappointed, angry, and distraught at the club for having sold Kaka, but now that I've had time to think about this properly, I think we made the right move (in the medium to long run at least). Here's why:
1) Berlu no longer has extra cash to inject into the club due to the economic crisis (his assets are probably worth nothing now), so the only way for the club to rebuild would be to generate it's own income thru the sale of players. Who could we sell? Our entire midfield, or one player?
2) I'm sorry to say, but with the players we have, we can afford to play without Kaka. We have R80 and Seedorf in the AM role, Pato as second striker, and we will buy a powerful first striker. If need be, Pirlo could be as AM and R80 could be pushed as striker.
3) Kaka was never loyal to Milan. There is a reason why his contract has been bumped up 3 times since he's signed with us. HIs greedy father keeps entertaining offers from other clubs, then threatens us, and forces us to increase his salary. I'm sorry but if I have to keep dealing with this kind of crap every summer, then it might be best to say goodbye. After all, only a greedy agent could land a six year contract for a 27 year old worth this much
4) If you recall the negotations with Man CIty, their major complaint was that Kaka's father had no interest in their project, all he wanted to know was how much they would pay him. So, as far as I'm concerned, Kaka's love for Milan only went so far as we paid him. He agreed to go to Madrid because they are of the same caliber and offered him more. If you recall, Silvio did say the final decision was up to him. He refused Man City---we didnt twist his hand, although we were getting twice as much. If he refused Madrid, he would still be here, but on the same contract.
So all in all, I wave a fond goodbye to Kaka. He will never accomplish in Madrid what he did in MIlan, no other club could give him what we and our fans did, but in the end, it was his choice, and from that, we will be even stronger. FORZA MILAN.
At least Sheva had balls to tell us right from the start that he will leave Milan, not like Kaka lying us that he will stay when he knew he'll go to Real. It's a really pathetic and disgraceful thing to do. But who cares at least we'll see new faces for next season, fresh young blood filled with enthusiasm to play for Milan.
Would money motivate anyone of us to become Inter fans? In the end, I am forced to answer that question myself...and the answer is: NO!!
If you love a club that much, shouldn't u be willing to make sacrifices for the club? Instead of putting your aspirations ahead of it? Especially when the club made u into the player you are? What is the real difference between £9M per year and £9.5? Seriously....a Bently?
Well, I may not become an Inter fan for money, but if Inter were to offer me a big contract to play for them (like that would ever happen, even when I was younger!) I would play for them.
It's different for a player than for a fan. This is the player's livelihood. We can't expect players to have the same loyalty because sports have become such a big business and there is so much money involved. I agree that at some point (and certainly Kaka had reached that point) there is not so much difference in a million here or a million there. But that is the player's decision to make (or maybe in this case his father's). I won't criticize him for making the move or for making even more money than he was already. But I am disappointed that he continued to proclaim that he would be staying at Milan even after these negotiations were apparently well under way.
I defend Berlu's actions only from an economic/lockerroom perspective: Can Milan "afford" to continually raise Kaka's salary (while not doing so for his team-mates) in the face of offers from other clubs? Beckham (although he is the Trojan horse of Madrid) shows that in this day of materialisim, one can make monetary sacrifices (his to the tune of $10M) to stay/go where u want....where was Kaka's willingness to (and get this) remain as one of the highest paid players in the world, at current salary? Or even take a pay-cut to stay?
On the other hand, couldn't Berlu find an extra half a million £s to keep him? Or would that mean increasing everyone else's pay everytime AS, Marca, or the Daily Mail printed an article? We already have the highest wage bill in Italy, if not Europe...
In all this, let's not lose sight of the facts. Just as Berlu ushered in a new era in club football management and ownership, when he bought Milan, so too have the Russian oligarchs, the Middle Eastern Oil barons and, the US capitalists(though theirs with questionable fiscal results).
Berlu is no longer among the elite financially, he is in the 2nd tier, no longer able (or willing?) to make the investments necessary to stay with the pack in this ever escalating, expenditure driven chase for silverware...were he, then the Kaka saga would have had a very different ending.
Well, Silvio remains among the financial elite (he's not far below Abramovich on the list of billionaires), but he obviously isn't willing to throw his own money around now that there is so much money in the game. Maybe this is smart in the long run. I don't know. To quote myself from another thread:
It is true that money has become a pox on the game. This was inevitable. But Milan is actually in a better position for the long run than are a lot of other clubs. Did you see the debt figures for the Premiership that came out the other day? It was staggering, particularly the debt of the "Big Four." This is not sustainable and if some clubs continue to spend freely, they will find themselves buried under a mountain of debt. I'm astonished at the financial position Liverpool is in, yet they are claiming they'll still spend more than any English club than Chelsea this summer. It's madness.
So maybe taking a more financially responsible approach will pay off for Milan in the long run.
Money, in the absence of strategy, does nothing however, increasingly, strategy in the absence of money also pays scant dividends. So there must be a vision working in tandem with expenditure, in order for any club to succeed on the biggest stage. Which begs the question: will Milan strategize and spend wisely? Who knows? Early days in this mercato yet.
These are challenging times for any club, and now moreso Milan. With a new coach, the loss of a key player, and only hazy, insubstantial news as to aquisitions, many of us must worry as to not only what the short term future of the club is, but the long term one as well. With, or without Kaka, a new inexperienced coach was always a challenge...and yet, this isn't the concern of most (though I confess it remains my biggest concern, especially in a league that seemed to invent the tactical approach)...the majority of us are wondering who we will buy with the £80M from the sale of arguably 2 of the best creative midfielders out there...
Only time will reveal that, as well as the impact this monumental mercato will have on the club's future. Let's not forget that Platini's plan to exclude debt ridden clubs from Uefa competition is a very real threat...yet the finer points of this rule have yet to be elucidated, and further, would we still watch the UCL without Man U, Liverpool, Inter, Madrid, Barca and the other clubs who, due to their huge debts would be excluded from the competition?
This is the key. The money from Kaka needs to be used to rebuild the squad with younger, fresher players. Like you, I have misgivings about Leonardo's lack of experience. I can only hope that he has a lot of good help as he learns. But one thing I don't question is his eye for talent. So hopefully he will be the key to finding the right players to move Milan forward despite the financial crisis that is only now beginning to rock football. There is an opportunity here to turn this into a great positive. Fans have been bitching and moaning for at least the past two seasons about the age of Milan's squad (for even longer, really, but everyone was happy with the Champions League victory). But with the spiraling player market clashing with the collapsing financial market, these are dangerous times to be throwing money around loosely. Selling Kaka -- if the right steps are now taken -- could be Milan's salvation, rather than its downfall. Only time will tell.
In this time of rapidly changing circumstance, I can take great pride in my alliance and identification with a true legend and symbol, a true icon, and like San Paolo, will remain a Milanista, for life....come (and go) who (or) what may.
With this, I could not agree more wholeheartedly! :3band:
Why the **** are some of you so extatic that we'll buy Dzeko?! He is a great and promising player, ok he might be. But we sold most likely the best player in the world ( I'd say with Messi and C.Ronaldo ) and that player cant be replaced.
What do you expact from our current midfield? You think Pirlo will cross 20 balls per season and Dzeko will score 25 goals? And that Pato will play well as a RW coz Dinho needs to play as a LW ( as Brasiliero said, he is completely finished player ).
Geo you say Berlusconi will not sell Milan coz he wants Milan to be sucsasfull again? Yeah... that is what he is trying in past 4 years, so obvious ( sarcasm).
And stop ( most of you ) being naive and stop talking about debt of 60mln! Who the hell knows is it true! Inter has no such thing obviousely, or does Juve. They dont complain about money. Only our 11bln president needs to cover "debt" that can be recovered by CL quaters and sale of Yoan and Seedorf and Oddo, Dida, Boriello...
Get real people.
Who do you suggest we get as target man then? Adebayor? Trezeguet? Who else? If we wind up getting a young, promising player who was top scorer in his league and highly rated, how can you complain without first giving the player as chance to prove himself?
Whats with all this crap????
If you guys have forgotten, Ronnie's been pure crap for the past 3 years, 1 more than Kaka, if you keep saying that he hasn't been his best in the past two seasons.
Why do all the Ronaldinho haters persist in saying he has been crap for three years? Last year he didn't have a chance to play regularly. The season before he was plagued by injury. Okay, consider that crap if you want. But in the 2006-07 season (the first of the past three) Ronaldinho scored 24 goals for Barcelona and finished third in the FIFA World Player of the Year voting! Apparently your standards for what qualifies as "crap" are pretty high!
And another thing, RONNIE IS OLDER THAN KAKA FOR FUK SAKE! I would put Ronnie's decline at a faster rate than Kaka, no doubt about it. If it were possible to whip Ronnie into shape, it would have been faster to whip Kaka back into shape, and yet neither really happened!
Kaka is not old. Neither is Ronaldinho. He's just turned 29. There are many great players who are 29 or older. People over 25 don't have one foot in the grave. And it's not a matter of "whipping him into shape." Nobody can do that. It's a matter of Ronaldinho taking an opportunity to prove himself again after TWO mediocre seasons (hampered by injury and lack of a regular spot in the lineup) and being inspired to play great football again. Nobody is expecting him to be as good as he once was. But if he can play at a high level and provide a decent stopgap for the next couple of seasons while a new squad is built, he will be very valuable indeed.
Im saying you all think Dinho can play what Kaka' did. Like you suddenly forget in what shape Dinho is. Im not complaining aboutr Dzeko, he is a good player. I SAID SO.
I hope you all understand that Pato is now destined to play on the right coz Dinho CANT switch sides as Kaka could. Ribery would be a different story.
Ronaldinho was the one that needed to be sold, not Kaka'. Also, why do some people suddenly think Pirlo, Ambro, Seedorf will fly on the pitch next year together with ronaldinho? Its nor realistic.
----Pato---Dinho---
--------CF----
Its sucks! Pato's shoot is cutten off, Dinho cant switch sides as he could 5 years back. You'll see.
Milan_Kaka
09-06-2009, 11:44
mrki, ok Kaka left and the fans are not happy about it... But what can we do? We can't get him back... Life goes on, we can't keep thinking about him. That's why we should think about buying new players that can replace him even if he is irreplaceable and I think Dzeko would be a decent replacement. I hope you're not claiming that we should not buy any players because Kaka left.
No, I think the issue here is who should have been sold to generate some money to rebuild the squad? Kaka only? Or Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaladze? ANd all of those players wont even equate half the sum we got for Kaka. If I was Berlu, in the best interest of Milan, I would sell Kaka. And with Dinho stepping in full time, Pato playing regularly AND a strong new striker signing, we should be very competitive again.
Why the **** are some of you so extatic that we'll buy Dzeko?! He is a great and promising player, ok he might be. But we sold most likely the best player in the world ( I'd say with Messi and C.Ronaldo ) and that player cant be replaced.
So you will only be satisfied if Milan takes all of the money from the sale of Kaka, adds a bit more, and buys Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi? What would be the point?
Remember, Milan seldom buys players who are already great. Milan makes great players. Sheva was in pretty much the same boat as Dzeko when he came to Milan, where he ended up replacing George Weah and became arguably the greatest striker in the world. This isn't fantasy football. Milan must take the money from the sale of Kaka and invest in several young, talented players to rebuild the squad. Everyone around here has been bitching and whining for so long because Milan is "too old." Well here is an opportunity to change that. Why not wait and see how the money is spent and what the Milan team looks like next year and the year after before jumping off a bridge or something?
Im saying you all think Dinho can play what Kaka' did. Like you suddenly forget in what shape Dinho is. Im not complaining aboutr Dzeko, he is a good player. I SAID SO.
I hope you all understand that Pato is now destined to play on the right coz Dinho CANT switch sides as Kaka could. Ribery would be a different story.
Ronaldinho was the one that needed to be sold, not Kaka'. Also, why do some people suddenly think Pirlo, Ambro, Seedorf will fly on the pitch next year together with ronaldinho? Its nor realistic.
----Pato---Dinho---
--------CF----
Its sucks! Pato's shoot is cutten off, Dinho cant switch sides as he could 5 years back. You'll see.
You're assuming we'll sell Kaka and the squad will stay as is...which I HIGHLY doubt will be the case. The sale of Kaka might enable us to buy players that allow us to play as a TEAM and not a collection individuals that just give the ball to Kaka/Pato. Wait and see.
johncharles365
09-06-2009, 11:49
i sure ronaldinho will be playing behind the strikers he bit too slow for second striker role, it looks like Milan are bringing back the good old diamond formation sigh. I would prefer Milan to play will wingers to expose the flanks but it like a diamond formation or 4-3-3 system like mrki has displayed. Maybe Leonardo might even copy the formation used by Milan when he was a player.
Im saying you all think Dinho can play what Kaka' did. Like you suddenly forget in what shape Dinho is. Im not complaining aboutr Dzeko, he is a good player. I SAID SO.
I hope you all understand that Pato is now destined to play on the right coz Dinho CANT switch sides as Kaka could. Ribery would be a different story.
How do you know what shape Ronaldinho will be in when the season starts? And how do you know that Leonardo's Milan will be a cookie-cutter copy of Carlo's Milan? Let's wait and see who is playing in what role and what they are capable of contributing.
Ronaldinho was the one that needed to be sold, not Kaka'. Also, why do some people suddenly think Pirlo, Ambro, Seedorf will fly on the pitch next year together with ronaldinho? Its nor realistic.
Ronaldinho probably should not have been bought to begin with. But he was. Selling him now (while it wouldn't be a bad idea at a decent price) would not give Milan the funds to rebuild into a young, dynamic squad. Selling Kaka has (whether Milan actually does it or not, the funds are now there).
And who is talking about Pirlo, Ambro and Seedorf "flying" on the pitch next year? If they are here, each can have an important role to play. That doesn't preclude Milan from buying new players who actually can fly on the pitch. Let's wait and see what the Milan squad looks like. We have a whole summer of mercato open before us.
I respect but cannot help disagreeing with some members here who believe that Dinho can fill in Kaka's boots. I remember a game where he scored (or provided the assist, I'm not quite certain now). Someone said it was arguably his best performance in Milan jersey, while I said exatcly the otherwise.
He did relatively well in the 1st half of the season, but wilted away in the 2nd half. . He needs to work hard. Just like Brasileiro said, it seems that he's no longer interested in paying the price to once again become the old Dinho. He still has the talent, but he has no longer has the fitness required to exploit his talent, nor a willingness to try. Even Carlo himself said that he wasn't satisfied with what Dinho had shown in training.
Perhaps, now is the perfect time for him, but deep down I highly doubt it. Although, as a Milan fan, I would love to be proven wrong in this case.
I know I'm taking a wild shot here but do you guys think we could sell Dinho this summer and how much could Milan get of it?
Berlu sacked Carlo to some extent because he didn't play Dinho quite as often as Berlu had wanted, so there's no way Milan will sell Dinho.
I respect but cannot help disagreeing with some members here who believe that Dinho can fill in Kaka's boots. I remember a game where he scored (or provided the assist, I'm not quite certain now). Someone said it was arguably his best performance in Milan jersey, while I said exatcly the otherwise.
He did relatively well in the 1st half of the season, but wilted away in the 2nd half. . He needs to work hard. Just like Brasileiro said, it seems that he's no longer interested in paying the price to once again become the old Dinho. He still has the talent, but he has no longer has the fitness required to exploit his talent, nor a willingness to try. Even Carlo himself said that he wasn't satisfied with what Dinho had shown in training.
Perhaps, now is the perfect time for him, but deep down I highly doubt it. Although, as a Milan fan, I would love to be proven wrong in this case.
But what do you mean by "fill his boots?" Nobody -- absolutely frickin' nobody -- has said that Ronaldinho can play as well now as he did a couple of years ago or that he will be as good as Kaka. But he is still capable of being a very good player in a similar role. That's all anyone is saying. We have Ronaldinho. He is a Milan player. Kaka is not. Why shouldn't we use him as a stopgap while using the Kaka money to build a fresh, young, dynamic new Milan squad?
So Carlo wasn't satisfied with him in training? Okay, so what? That's in the past. Carlo isn't at Milan. There is a new coach in Leonardo. Under Carlo, Ronaldinho never had an opportunity to play regularly. Maybe this is why his training was a bit lackluster. But maybe now there is a new opportunity for Ronaldinho to prove himself again. How do you know that he won't be inspired by the challenge and respond to the new coach? It just doesn't make sense to throw Ronaldinho by the wayside and assume he is no longer capable or that he can't get back a little of the old fire. You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Blacktop
09-06-2009, 12:02
Edit: wrong thread.
Thank for all those world-conquering years, Kaka. You've given so much... ....And in return I believe Milan and all the fans, have given you just as much, what with all those homage, pay rises and *cough-cough* babysitting your kid brother.... .....you were sooo close to becoming our next legend..... .....I guess the good thing that comes out of this saga.... .....is just how rare and valuable a champion like Paolo is, a gentleman whom you have spent years learning from, and even have said that you wanted to follow his legacy.... ....But you don't...
....Therefore you are not in his league........I wish you all the good things in your personal life, but obviously not in the professional one.
So the next time you step on the field as our opponent, I suggest you stay away from our Rino. Nothing personal, just business.
This is the best post I read in the last few days and it made me laugh and cry at the same time.
Pure poetry
MiamiMilanista
09-06-2009, 12:21
I think Dzeko is going to be exactly what we need:
------------Pato---------Dzeko (mostly playing central)-----
-------------------Dinho-----------------------------------
I think Dinho feeding the two up front will spurn a lot of goals this year. With a defense built correctly and the injection of quality wingers, I think our fortunes can be turn for next season...
But what do you mean by "fill his boots?" Nobody -- absolutely frickin' nobody -- has said that Ronaldinho can play as well now as he did a couple of years ago or that he will be as good as Kaka. But he is still capable of being a very good player in a similar role. That's all anyone is saying. We have Ronaldinho. He is a Milan player. Kaka is not. Why shouldn't we use him as a stopgap while using the Kaka money to build a fresh, young, dynamic new Milan squad?
It's just my way of saying, just like it's yours to say my argument would be like "throwing the baby out with the bathwater". Of course no one expects him to be the exact replacement of Kaka, as every player is unique. I don't doubt your saying "he's capable of being a very good player", but in order to be so, he needs to work REALLY HARD. Which lead us to your second point below. . .
So Carlo wasn't satisfied with him in training? Okay, so what? That's in the past. Carlo isn't at Milan. There is a new coach in Leonardo. Under Carlo, Ronaldinho never had an opportunity to play regularly. Maybe this is why his training was a bit lackluster. But maybe now there is a new opportunity for Ronaldinho to prove himself again. How do you know that he won't be inspired by the challenge and respond to the new coach? It just doesn't make sense to throw Ronaldinho by the wayside and assume he is no longer capable or that he can't get back a little of the old fire. You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
I remember a year ago reading an interview with him. He said that during his final months in Barca, there were many false news about him. He said he did love to party sometimes snce there's nothing wrong with that (I agree), but during the season he works as hard as he should be. I read it and changed my mind, saying he's a professional, and that's just what we need from him: his doing what he has been asked to do as a professional footballer.
It appeared to work well at first, but things changed drastically after the winter break. He couldn't break into he starting line up, beaten by Beckham whose arrival we believed to be a marketing tool yet surprisingly exceeded everybody's expectation. Then we heard Carlo publicly said his disatisfaction, that it takes more than just skills.
Now, you said it was then, this is now, that it's not right to assume that " he won't be inspired by the challenge and respond to the new coach" and I respect your point. But I'll only believe it when I see it. And from what I've seen, his performances on the field especially on the latter phase of the season, he has lost his own ability to motivate himself. Heck, if you really are a professional footballer, you don't need new coach to motivate yourself. First and foremost, it's your responsibility.
It's just my way of saying, just like it's yours to say my argument would be like "throwing the baby out with the bathwater". Of course no one expects him to be the exact replacement of Kaka, as every player is unique. I don't doubt your saying "he's capable of being a very good player", but in order to be so, he needs to work REALLY HARD. Which lead us to your second point below. . .
I remember a year ago reading an interview with him. He said that during his final months in Barca, there were many false news about him. He said he did love to party sometimes snce there's nothing wrong with that (I agree), but during the season he works as hard as he should be. I read it and changed my mind, saying he's a professional, and that's just what we need from him: his doing what he has been asked to do as a professional footballer.
It appeared to work well at first, but things changed drastically after the winter break. He couldn't break into he starting line up, beaten by Beckham whose arrival we believed to be a marketing tool yet surprisingly exceeded everybody's expectation. Then we heard Carlo publicly said his disatisfaction, that it takes more than just skills.
Now, you said it was then, this is now, that it's not right to assume that " he won't be inspired by the challenge and respond to the new coach" and I respect your point. But I'll only believe it when I see it. And from what I've seen, his performances on the field especially on the latter phase of the season, he has lost his own ability to motivate himself. Heck, if you really are a professional footballer, you don't need new coach to motivate yourself. First and foremost, it's your responsibility.
All excellent points. I suppose I just choose to take the optimistic side. You're certainly correct that as a professional you shouldn't need a coach to motivate you. But we all know that sometimes players will get in a funk over their situation. Also sometimes they rebound (think "Comeback Player of the Year"). I'll just add that I can understand your skepticism, I suppose. I said all along that I'd heard the story too often and I would believe Kaka was going to Milan when I saw it. Well, now I've seen it. Hopefully we can see the comeback of Ronaldinho as well. :rone:
All excellent points. I suppose I just choose to take the optimistic side. You're certainly correct that as a professional you shouldn't need a coach to motivate you. But we all know that sometimes players will get in a funk over their situation. Also sometimes they rebound (think "Comeback Player of the Year"). I'll just add that I can understand your skepticism, I suppose. I said all along that I'd heard the story too often and I would believe Kaka was going to Milan when I saw it. Well, now I've seen it. Hopefully we can see the comeback of Ronaldinho as well. :rone:
That's why I said Rick, much as skeptic as I am now, I would LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG if it means that Dinho's revival can bring us to success :5ok:
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka
09-06-2009, 12:47
I dont quite understand who is going to play for Milan in the next season...Seems like we are going to suck throughout the whole next season.
johncharles365
09-06-2009, 12:52
the midfield players seems so unnecessary without kaka i just can't imagine a long term future with seedorf pirlo and ronaldinho in the midfield. no offence but i midfielder i would like Milan to retain is pirlo, roanldinho is a awesome player no doubt but 29 how many more years can he be a top player 5 maybe 6. Seedorf is just a joke now and only fit for substitute roles and a start in the champions league appearance on occasion. Pirlo is really the only player that has real longevity with his style of play. I think a new approach is needed playing so many amf midfield players is crazy, maybe we can try using wingers for a while
Egoistka
09-06-2009, 12:56
Seedorf is a good player, but he is really slow and he can't play 90 minutes.
I'm thinking we might do well to take a trip back to the late 90's and see how Milan fared. We've had a good run, but it might get a bit ugly these next few seasons. Is Pato seriously going to go to Chelsea? Are we seriously going to let him? I feel like with Kaka' gone, why would Pato want to stay? Not that they're boyfriends or anything, but it must be quite a somber mood around Milan right now.
I think we might blow next year; i'm worried about being embarrased in the CL, and I think that most people can now believe that Italy is not a choice destination for top players.
That being said, I like the change and that maybe we'll compete in the Europa league for something new. Perhaps our main emphasis will be the coppa?
Hasan Rossonero
09-06-2009, 13:14
Pirlo: Chelsea? We'll see.
gazzetta
Okay, so let's be realistic. Pirlo, at 30, for 30 million? Love the player, but I would sell him.
If we get Dzeko, Hernanes won't come (EU rules). Mediaset says so also.
So, should we not go for players like De Rossi, Aquilani, Mexes, Santacroce, G. Rossi...yes all ITALIAN! What a thought.
Milan can be very smart with all this money and build a super team.
Next thing you know Leo won't even have 11 players when he finishes his course.
Well, he's not looking for new players now that he's in the classroom all day long :v46:
How 'bout that :1d31:
Well, he's not looking for new players now that he's in the classroom all day long :v46:
How 'bout that :1d31:
I'm sure LEO already knew he was coach, and hopefully he's given Galliani a list "Here, don't be a dumb a$$, just sign these players"...
MiamiMilanista
09-06-2009, 13:42
Pirlo: Chelsea? We'll see.
gazzetta
Okay, so let's be realistic. Pirlo, at 30, for 30 million? Love the player, but I would sell him.
If we get Dzeko, Hernanes won't come (EU rules). Mediaset says so also.
So, should we not go for players like De Rossi, Aquilani, Mexes, Santacroce, G. Rossi...yes all ITALIAN! What a thought.
Milan can be very smart with all this money and build a super team.
I think it would be a brilliant sale. Pirlo has been injury prone, mistake prone, and straight-up SLOW!!
I've liked Pirlo for a long time, but it's been the beginning of the end for the last year or two.
Milan_Kaka
09-06-2009, 13:43
Filipe Melo is probably going to replace Pirlo if he leaves accroding to Galliani
I made my last post simply based on an objective comparison between Kaka and Ronnie, no more, no less. The fact that we have one and not both at the moment still eats at me. Especially since the fact is we let the one with more potential and drive to recover his lost form go.
Everyone is basing their assumptions at the moment on the hope that Ronnie will do this, and Ronnie will do that next season. One question though, does anyone actually expect him to be able to play the Trequartista role at all?
I see him Left wing, maybe slightly central where Seedorf normally plays, but thats all. He's got no speed, he can't get past his markers anymore, not without the off-ball movement of his teammates (Becks, Sheva, Pato and Kaka from this past season). He's just not cut out to play center out and out. What makes anyone actually expect him to play in the Kaka role anyway? It doesn't make sense. At the moment, the only true Trequar on the team is Seedorf, which isn't encouraging at all. Not everyone can adapt to a new position like Pirlo (he's a one in a million).
As a fan, I hope to see the team do well, and at the moment, the best I can hope for is that we change our style of play to suit the players we have. That means we go 4-3-3 with two wide men, and that also means we play Pato out of position. He may not like it, but he's young and can adapt (or we can sell him and see what we can get for him). This would probably mean that we'll have to buy two or three quality wingers to sit on the bench. Either that or one quality striker who can play left, right and center. Any suggestions?
Oh and one more thing, if we really did sell Kaka and Gorky to settle debts, does anyone actually think that we'll have any more than a meagre 20 Mil to spend on new players? If whats been said were true, then I highly doubt that anymore than one or two players will actually come in for us, that is.... assuming they still want to.
as much as i dont like seedorf or pirlo(this year's),i think it would be a big mistake selling them..
we cannot afford selling our 3(and only) creative players,all these years,in one market,no matter who comes they will need time to adjust in our game,we need those players to keep some balance,and keep this team's identity..
it would take at least a season for 3 new players to find themselves in a team,and they(pirlo&seedorf) have the most crucial roles especcially now that kaka's gone..beckhs is leaving too,gorky left,kaka also...imo seedorf and pirlo will be by far our most important players next season,and if they perform like last year,we re doomed,and it wouldnt be their fault,neither leo's..
its B&G's fault..they ve made the biggest mistake in their history in this club,there are ways to fix it..but not selling any vital parts,for god's sake..
That's why I said Rick, much as skeptic as I am now, I would LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG if it means that Dinho's revival can bring us to success :5ok:
FORZA MILAN!
Yes, let's hope he can at least play some important part in Milan's rebirth!
I dont quite understand who is going to play for Milan in the next season...Seems like we are going to suck throughout the whole next season.
It's early! We have more than two months to add players! Remember, patience is a virtue. ;)
the midfield players seems so unnecessary without kaka i just can't imagine a long term future with seedorf pirlo and ronaldinho in the midfield. no offence but i midfielder i would like Milan to retain is pirlo, roanldinho is a awesome player no doubt but 29 how many more years can he be a top player 5 maybe 6. Seedorf is just a joke now and only fit for substitute roles and a start in the champions league appearance on occasion. Pirlo is really the only player that has real longevity with his style of play. I think a new approach is needed playing so many amf midfield players is crazy, maybe we can try using wingers for a while
I'm okay with the three midfielders you mentioned going or staying. I still think Pirlo and Ronaldinho are capable of playing at a high level (although probably not their past levels). Seedort is unlikely to be the lineup fixture he was under Carlo, but he can still be valuable if used correctly. All of them lend experience that might be helpful to any new players who might be added. On the other hand, it might be prudent to cash in on at least one or two of these players while they can still bring a decent price and add more funds to the kitty for rebuilding.
I'll be interested in seeing how Milan's style might change. There are times when lacking the width that true wingers provide has been a problem. We shall see.
I'm thinking we might do well to take a trip back to the late 90's and see how Milan fared. We've had a good run, but it might get a bit ugly these next few seasons. Is Pato seriously going to go to Chelsea? Are we seriously going to let him? I feel like with Kaka' gone, why would Pato want to stay? Not that they're boyfriends or anything, but it must be quite a somber mood around Milan right now.
I think we might blow next year; i'm worried about being embarrased in the CL, and I think that most people can now believe that Italy is not a choice destination for top players.
That being said, I like the change and that maybe we'll compete in the Europa league for something new. Perhaps our main emphasis will be the coppa?
I think that the players are sad to see Kaka go, just as they would be sad to see any player they liked and who was an important part of the team go. But I don't think Kaka's departure is going to have any bearing on the decisions of others and certainly it's not going to spark a "rats deserting a sinking ship" scenario. And Pato did not go to Milan just because Kaka was there. There are still plenty of reasons for him to stay and be a big part of the team for years to come. He is only keeping his options open, especially with Carlo, with whom he has a close relationship. And if Chelsea were willing to pay the incredible amount reported in the media (45 million pounds) for Pato, it would be great business for Milan to accept anyway!
And I'm not sure why you would assume that Milan will be awful next season just because Kaka is not there. He was only one player. Milan will have others and even if none are quite as good as Kaka just yet, the squad might improve in other places. It doesn't make sense to believe Milan will be so bad next year when we don't even know what players will be on the team!
The problem is this:
As mrki said "With Kaka, we needed 3 new quality players, now we need 5".
Mission impossible? Those late 90ties come back to my mind
MiamiMilanista
09-06-2009, 14:02
as much as i dont like seedorf or pirlo(this year's),i think it would be a big mistake selling them..
we cannot afford selling our 3(and only) creative players,all these years,in one market,no matter who comes they will need time to adjust in our game,we need those players to keep some balance,and keep this team's identity..
it would take at least a season for 3 new players to find themselves in a team,and they(pirlo&seedorf) have the most crucial roles especcially now that kaka's gone..beckhs is leaving too,gorky left,kaka also...imo seedorf and pirlo will be by far our most important players next season,and if they perform like last year,we re doomed,and it wouldnt be their fault,neither leo's..
its B&G's fault..they ve made the biggest mistake in their history in this club,there are ways to fix it..but not selling any vital parts,for god's sake..
We need to all understand that we don't have any "game" for anyone to adjust to. New coach, new system, new players. Even Gattuso who has been with us for quite a few years is going to need to adjust to the new system Leo is putting in place. If anything, now is the time to clear house and bring in the RIGHT creative players. Seedorf and Pirlo are dead-weight
Hasan Rossonero
09-06-2009, 14:04
Filipe Melo is probably going to replace Pirlo if he leaves accroding to Galliani
Where have you heard this? Source?
Just a gentle reminder (and this not directed specifically at you)--please always post sources. I always make an effort to do so. It saves us a lot of frantic questions.
EDIT:
Here it is-- http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/09/1315314/milan-to-sell-pirlo-buy-felipe-melo-report
spina_don
09-06-2009, 14:06
when did Seedorf become a creative midfielder? he sucks big time..my dream is for him to leave milan in all honesty
We need to all understand that we don't have any "game" for anyone to adjust to. New coach, new system, new players. Even Gattuso who has been with us for quite a few years is going to need to adjust to the new system Leo is putting in place. If anything, now is the time to clear house and bring in the RIGHT creative players. Seedorf and Pirlo are dead-weight
no i dont agree,we may change a lot of things in our system,but those players know how to communicate all these years..they cover th space(they used to,at least) all together..they move and they know the way their temates move..dont forget theyve been playing for 7-8 years together,and thats a lot of time..
its like manchester selling scholes,or giggs so as to change..changes should come with balance and right timing..you cant change 5-6 players,starters, and the coach in one year,its disaster..
Everyone is basing their assumptions at the moment on the hope that Ronnie will do this, and Ronnie will do that next season. One question though, does anyone actually expect him to be able to play the Trequartista role at all?
Personally, I'm not assuming anything. The ones who are assuming are the ones who are convinced that Ronaldinho can't play anymore. Why would anyone assume that? All I want from Ronaldino is for him to put forth his best effort and play the best he can. If he does that, he will be a valuable player as Milan rebuilds the squad. And who says Milan will even use a Trequarista next season? Let's wait and see what Leonardo wants to do and how Ronaldinho reacts to the situation. There's no reason for gloom and doom. Milan was not, has never been, and never will be a one-man team.
Oh and one more thing, if we really did sell Kaka and Gorky to settle debts, does anyone actually think that we'll have any more than a meagre 20 Mil to spend on new players? If whats been said were true, then I highly doubt that anymore than one or two players will actually come in for us, that is.... assuming they still want to.
Milan didn't sell those players to settle debts. I was just reading (and I thought I posted it somewhere) a detailed article a few days ago about how Milan's financial position is actually relatively strong. Kaka was sold so that Milan would have the ability to buy players to rebuild the squad without going further into debt and jeopardizing their financial position (and without Silvio playing Roman Abramovich or Arab sheik and just writing a check out of his pocket). There is absolutely no reason for Milan not to invest in players now.
Hasan, FWIW it's on goal.com quoting Studio Sport
when did Seedorf become a creative midfielder? he sucks big time..my dream is for him to leave milan in all honesty
Have you only just begun watching Seedorf play? He's been one of the best creative midfielders in the world over the past 15 years. He's the only player to have won the Champions League with three different clubs (Ajax, Real Madrid and Milan) and he was a key figure in all of them!
In fact, I should add that when Milan won the Champions League in 2006-07 (Seedorf's fourth), he was voted the best midfielder in the entire Champions League!
Sheva will surely be back at Chelsea with Carlo, but Seedoft said today that he has said "no thanks" to Chelsea because he is 100% Rossoneri and he plans to stay around for another three years or so.
:nunu: WTF. Can somebody ask him to move to Chelsea with his good buddy Ancelotti....we really don't need him here.
jakob8543
09-06-2009, 14:27
Personally, I'm not assuming anything. The ones who are assuming are the ones who are convinced that Ronaldinho can't play anymore. Why would anyone assume that? All I want from Ronaldino is for him to put forth his best effort and play the best he can. If he does that, he will be a valuable player as Milan rebuilds the squad. And who says Milan will even use a Trequarista next season? Let's wait and see what Leonardo wants to do and how Ronaldinho reacts to the situation. There's no reason for gloom and doom. Milan was not, has never been, and never will be a one-man team.
Milan didn't sell those players to settle debts. I was just reading (and I thought I posted it somewhere) a detailed article a few days ago about how Milan's financial position is actually relatively strong. Kaka was sold so that Milan would have the ability to buy players to rebuild the squad without going further into debt and jeopardizing their financial position (and without Silvio playing Roman Abramovich or Arab sheik and just writing a check out of his pocket). There is absolutely no reason for Milan not to invest in players now.
Great post! I sure hope you're right about Milan wanting to invest the Kaka money in new, younger players. I also agree with you that Ronaldinho could be a valuable player for us, if he makes an effort - and since he hasn't really been given a fair chance so far, I guess we have no reason to assume that he wouldn't. Even if he's only half the player he was three years ago, he still has extraordinary technique, vision and passing skills in my opinion - and in the first half of the season, he did in fact deliver in some of our crucial games.
WTF....now Pirlo is saying he may move to Chelsea!!! Is our squad just full or mercenaries?
It looks like it Arjun.
I guess Berlusconi should just line them up all at the door and slap them at the back of the head as they go out.
On a more serious note, I don't mind it. F them all if they want to leave. Let them go.
I think it would be a brilliant sale. Pirlo has been injury prone, mistake prone, and straight-up SLOW!!
I've liked Pirlo for a long time, but it's been the beginning of the end for the last year or two.
IMO, 2006 is the best year for Pirlo. Since then he has been in decline for the past 3 years with inconsistent performances. He was the most important player for us, even more important than kaka. I have already given up hope that he will return to his previous form, its best that we cash him on him at 30M and invest in other players.
Seedorf has always been inconsistent but does perform very well sometimes. But for the past season, that sometimes has not arrived even once. Sorry he got to go, its that bad. Only ancelotti would keep playing him.
Regarding ronaldinho, i don't know why people keep bashing him when he did in fact perform decently in the first part of the season and keep scoring important goals or creating the chances when we are struggling. Ancelotti just refuse to play him after the arrival of beckham and kaka is fully recovered. Now that these 2 are gone, i look forward to see how ronaldinho would do once again.
There are many promising players that we can invest in, i am not worried about that. The only worry we should have is whether leonardo can get the players to play out his game in time for the start of the season.
We don't really have an option...I don't think a club should keep a player against his will besides Pirlo doesn't exactly have a bunch of years left in him. If we get 30M we may want to cash in PROVIDED we can replace him. I think Milan may want to seriously consider buying replacements before selling to avoid the Sheva replacement situation where we ended up being forced to by Oliveira.
Pato meanwhile may just be acting immature. Maybe his Brazilian buddy Leo needs to have a serious talk with him.
Can you imagine the exodus at Man Utd when Fergie leaves if this is what's happening just because Ancelotti left (Kaka, Pirlo and Pato have all hinted that Ancelotti's departure started the train of thought....)
Barcelona President Joan Laporta believes Kaka's £59m move to Real Madrid sets a dangerous precedent for football.
Laporta insists the transfer distorts the market and doesn't help the football industry in the midst of a global recession.
“It's an opportunity to demonstrate that the market operates at other levels. To pay this sort of figure is outside of the norm.
“It's not adequate in the reality of the market, it actually distorts it,” Laporta explained before saying he would not be involved in a similar transfer.
Barcelona have been strongly linked with a £70m offer for Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic in recent weeks, but Laporta's words suggest he has no intention of paying such a ludicrous figure.
“We only have to carry out a few retouches. I am calm,” Laporta concluded.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4146/44751017148765768173660.jpg
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 15:10
How pathetic. **** you Silvio!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sy-NSTgFjs
OCmilano
09-06-2009, 15:12
Im all for the sell of Pirlo if we can get anything more than 20million. Seedorf too. If seedorf stays he needs to start playing a less role in our new set up.
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 15:15
Just read what i found in a forum.It seems that the things were done like this.
The post:
In his statement Kaka confirmed what we already knew, that the deal "was signed a long time ago". Why did they wait so long to announce it?
Because yesterday was Italian elections, and Berlusconi was worried that angry Milan fans would tip the election more. They already had anti-Berly groups formed, and he already has enough problems with the divorce, showgirls, and underage dating.
His delay tactics worked - there wasn't a football revolt against him and he won, but he still got a bad result. 35% instead of the expected 45%.
I wish Kaka all the best. He made it absolutely clear that his heart is with Milan, and it's obvious from his statements that Milan said "Thanks dude, but we need the money, so if you love us just go to Real".
---------------------------------------------------------
I'm waiting for your's opinion.
Personally, I'm not assuming anything. The ones who are assuming are the ones who are convinced that Ronaldinho can't play anymore. Why would anyone assume that? All I want from Ronaldino is for him to put forth his best effort and play the best he can. If he does that, he will be a valuable player as Milan rebuilds the squad. And who says Milan will even use a Trequarista next season? Let's wait and see what Leonardo wants to do and how Ronaldinho reacts to the situation. There's no reason for gloom and doom. Milan was not, has never been, and never will be a one-man team.
Rick, here again you make another assumption that Ronnie will put forth his best effort. The main problem that I think everyone has had with Ronnie in the past few seasons aside from "injuries", is that he's not convinced anyone with making an "effort" at all. What makes you feel that this year will be different from the previous three?
Milan didn't sell those players to settle debts. I was just reading (and I thought I posted it somewhere) a detailed article a few days ago about how Milan's financial position is actually relatively strong. Kaka was sold so that Milan would have the ability to buy players to rebuild the squad without going further into debt and jeopardizing their financial position (and without Silvio playing Roman Abramovich or Arab sheik and just writing a check out of his pocket). There is absolutely no reason for Milan not to invest in players now.
Here, you put up a great point about the money. What I ask is, what about the motivation to join our squad? We just sold our best player off, we are technically a team in transition (though some of our previous greats have gone as far as to say we are in decline). What would be the motivation of the players to actually come to our second tier club? We don't seem to be that good at challenging for trophies anymore, and the country's tax rate means that players can actually join a club with just as good a history as ours, but at the same time pocketing more salary. You have to face the reality, mate, we're just not as attractive a club as we used to be anymore.
Yes, we may actually attract talent to the club, and yet how many will be able to prove themselves? In the past 5 or 6 years we've attracted "talents" and maybe 3 out of a possible 35 have lived up to the hype, and the rest were all washed up, "proven" stars who still could not make the grade.
Just read what i found in a forum.It seems that the things were done like this.
The post:
In his statement Kaka confirmed what we already knew, that the deal "was signed a long time ago". Why did they wait so long to announce it?
Because yesterday was Italian elections, and Berlusconi was worried that angry Milan fans would tip the election more. They already had anti-Berly groups formed, and he already has enough problems with the divorce, showgirls, and underage dating.
His delay tactics worked - there wasn't a football revolt against him and he won, but he still got a bad result. 35% instead of the expected 45%.
I wish Kaka all the best. He made it absolutely clear that his heart is with Milan, and it's obvious from his statements that Milan said "Thanks dude, but we need the money, so if you love us just go to Real".
---------------------------------------------------------
I'm waiting for your's opinion.
All fair points, except you can change the last sentence, "so if you love us just go to Real" to "so if you REALLY loved us, you could have gone for Man City".
J
Arildonardo
09-06-2009, 15:20
WTF....now Pirlo is saying he may move to Chelsea!!! Is our squad just full or mercenaries?
Seems like that's what is happening when the management lower their ambitions by selling the best player at the peak of his career. The other big players sees what is happening and may look elsewhere as well, to the teams that can match their personal ambitions. Milan are definitely in a deep crisis at the moment. Something needs to be done, quickly...
Arildonardo
09-06-2009, 15:26
Im all for the sell of Pirlo if we can get anything more than 20million. Seedorf too. If seedorf stays he needs to start playing a less role in our new set up.
Ok, so Pirlo haven't been at his best lately. But he's definitely not the kind of player we need to lose now. Pirlo is still regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world, and he still can be. Losing more star-players now will surely, furthermore, ruin Milan's reputation of being a big serious club that wants to compete for titles... Are we giving up totally?
I cant belive the rumors are still for selling players..and please dont tell me its just rumors,because the last time that sb told me this we lost kaka..rumors is the way to start a move..
and sth else,stop it with the depts people!!
it has nothing to do with it!!
honestly dont buy everything they say..
i ve written it again,we can cover the ridicilous dept(60 mil!! hahaha)
with 1 participation in ch.l. final 8..
p.s. inter have won nothing in ch.l. all these years in ch.l.(were the gr8 amount of money is)..and they buy 3-4 players each year,and they dont owe anything?!
juve spent 1 year in serie b(which is disaster economically),and 2 years without ch.l,and still dont find such cheap excuses,and furthermore they reinforce,each year by spending gr8 money(i know they have to,so as to be strong again,but still..)
ps2 we are in the strangiest position ever..its almost scary,i feel like noone is protecting this club anymore..i havent been that dissapointed on milan ever..honestly,my only wish is for silvio to sell this club..
Hasan Rossonero
09-06-2009, 15:39
I would be pretty happy if we made 30 million from Pirlo's sale.
Honestly, the guy is 30 and not the player he once was.
Also:
Galliani (channel4): “Pato is not just off the market, he is completely off the market,” assured Vice-President Adriano Galliani."
I think we should relax. Pato will be here for another 5-6 years, God willing. The management is not that stupid. Also, there was a risk of losing Kaka' next year for nothing. He would have been 28 and free to rescind his contract with Milan.
Relax.
Ronaldinho Can Bring Greatness To Milan - Alexandre Pato
The youngster wants Kaka to be happy at Real Madrid but also thinks that Ronaldinho can lead the club to glory in his absence...
9 Jun 2009 21:17:00
Pato & Kaką, Milan (Foto Grazia Neri)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Pato & Kaką, Milan (Foto Grazia Neri)
Related Links
Teams
* Brazil
* Milan
* Real Madrid
Players
* Kaką
* Alexandre Pato
AC Milan youngster Alexandre Pato has said that he wants Kaka to be happy at Real Madrid but that he wants to win the Champions League himself.
'The Duck' joined the Italian side back in 2007 but despite showing plenty of promise he is yet to win any silverware at San Siro.
Kaka on the other hand has already lifted the Champions League when Milan triumphed in Athens two years ago.
Speaking about Kaka joining Real Madrid today, Pato admitted that he has mixed feelings about seeing his Brazilian compatriot leave.
"I want him to be happy in Madrid, but I want to win the Champions
League, I really want to win this title," Goal.com Brazil quote him as saying.
Certainly the youngster looks set to be a big part of the team next season and will be hoping that he can fire Milan to European glory.
Asked about whether or not he feels the loss of Kaka will hurt his team's chances of success, Pato stated that it won't.
"The Milan has lost an awful lot, but Milan is not only Kaka. We have a great group and Ronaldinho, who can still bring a lot of greatness to Milan," he insisted.
goal.com
This was after the interview to Gazzetta.
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 15:39
All fair points, except you can change the last sentence, "so if you love us just go to Real" to "so if you REALLY loved us, you could have gone for Man City".
J
Yes right as you said.So from January he was making dreams about a big offer from Real and him to leave us.
And with all his statements of going nowere, and giving his word so many times of not going was just lies waiting for Real.
So that day that he rejected Man City was not because he was in love with Milan, he rejected them because he didn't like Man City, he wanted Madrid.
And now he choose to leave us.What a traitor.And he complained that he didi it to help the club coming out of econimical crisis.
If he wanted to save the club Man city was offering 50M more than Real!!!! Why he said no, berlusconi did the same thing he did with Real, he just accepted the offer and let the player to decide.
Well done kaka you treated us so well.You are supposed to be God's boy but you gonna burn in hell with so many lies you had said, with so many hearts you have broken and words that you never keeped.
Yes right as you said.So from January he was making dreams about a big offer from Real and him to leave us.
And with all his statements of going nowere, and giving his word so many times of not going was just lies waiting for Real.
So that day that he rejected Man City was not because he was in love with Milan, he rejected them because he didn't like Man City, he wanted Madrid.
And now he choose to leave us.What a traitor.And he complained that he didi it to help the club coming out of econimical crisis.
If he wanted to save the club Man city was offering 50M more than Real!!!! Why he said no, berlusconi did the same thing he did with Real, he just accepted the offer and let the player to decide.
Well done kaka you treated us so well.You are supposed to be God's boy but you gonna burn in hell with so many lies you had said, with so many hearts you have broken and words that you never keeped.
And I'd just add again that for a man forced to leave, he was VERY happy during this press conference ...
rinogattuso
09-06-2009, 15:51
Yes Geo,I watched full conference he is smiling all the time..
He did not said anything to Milan fans all over the world especialy to fans in Milan who stand by him and salute him all this period of agony..That is disgusting for me..
Today In Cannes on firendly game BiH-Oman a god Galliani friend M. Naletilic who said that is Dzeko 99% a next Milan bomber..acording to some people who close to Edin and all this story.
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 15:54
I would be pretty happy if we made 30 million from Pirlo's sale.
Honestly, the guy is 30 and not the player he once was.
Also:
Galliani (channel4): Pato is not just off the market, he is completely off the market, assured Vice-President Adriano Galliani."
I think we should relax. Pato will be here for another 5-6 years, God willing. The management is not that stupid. Also, there was a risk of losing Kaka' next year for nothing. He would have been 28 and free to rescind his contract with Milan.
Relax.
Mate do you believe Galiani and Berlu? Whatever if they say their words are not to believe, they have lost their guarantee.The mother ****er Galiani said in the past i choose to cut my hand instead of to sign in a paper Kaka's transfer.And NOW WHAT? you can't trust nothing.
At the moment we are a europian joke, theyre is noone that you can respect in Milan, we lost our Captain and now our best player, their is noone or something you can respect right now.
How can you believe these statements, when in time are not proved as they said?
We sold maybe the best player of the World and Galiani is guarantee that pato is not for sell.He must be carefull of what he is saying, in the next days he maybe be not in life.
If Chelsea make anf offer of 45M he is gone for sure.
THERE IS NOTHING TO RESPECT IN MILAN~
we lost our captain, we lost our best player.
LoL...now Pirlo too...this is getting ridiculous
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun9w.html
And I'd just add again that for a man forced to leave, he was VERY happy during this press conference ...
what did u expect geo?did u wanted him crying and screaming he didnt want to leave?me too but..
come on man,i think he had no problem staying or leaving,if the mgt didnt accept the offer than he would say,he is happy to play for us..but they sold him,and he has to respect his new club and the people wanting him that bad, in contrast to silvio..
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 15:56
And I'd just add again that for a man forced to leave, he was VERY happy during this press conference ...
yes i saw him too.He was in tears of................laugh!
Graeme C
09-06-2009, 15:59
selling players is one thing, but i have zero faith in our management to replace them. How long did it take them to replace Sheva? More and More players we lose the bigger the hole is for us.
Hasan Rossonero
09-06-2009, 16:00
Mate do you believe Galiani and Berlu? Whatever if they say their words are not to believe, they have lost their guarantee.The mother ****er Galiani said in the past i choose to cut my hand instead of to sign in a paper Kaka's transfer.And NOW WHAT? you can't trust nothing.
At the moment we are a europian joke, theyre is noone that you can respect in Milan, we lost our Captain and now our best player, their is noone or something you can respect right now.
How can you believe these statements, when in time are not proved as they said?
We sold maybe the best player of the World and Galiani is guarantee that pato is not for sell.He must be carefull of what he is saying, in the next days he maybe be not in life.
If Chelsea make anf offer of 45M he is gone for sure.
THERE IS NOTHING TO RESPECT IN MILAN~
we lost our captain, we lost our best player.
I really don't think so man. Pato won't go for a while. Relax and enjoy the mercato.
Hasan Rossonero
09-06-2009, 16:01
selling players is one thing, but i have zero faith in our management to replace them. How long did it take them to replace Sheva? More and More players we lose the bigger the hole is for us.
It took them one year to replace Sheva.
Pato.
So, do you think we will make a bid for Lavezzi?
johncharles365
09-06-2009, 16:02
you have to expect a revolution at Milan new manager selling the most affective player, i bet you won't recognise Milan in August. With over 80 million euros and clubs chasing pirlo and jankulovski etc you can expect to see a brand new team. hopefully this revolution won't end in disaster
Graeme C
09-06-2009, 16:03
Yeah I know, but look at the who Oliveira mess..
As a matter of interest, who is now the highest earners at Milan? Nesta, Ronnie, Dida?
rosoneri_11
09-06-2009, 16:04
what did u expect geo?did u wanted him crying and screaming he didnt want to leave?me too but..
come on man,i think he had no problem staying or leaving,if the mgt didnt accept the offer than he would say,he is happy to play for us..but they sold him,and he has to respect his new club and the people wanting him that bad, in contrast to silvio..
I just wanted a more cald down conference and not what we all saw.
Before 6 days he gave his word and said realx my rossoneri friends im not going anywhere.and he traited ul like that.He was not going to a party.
Even if you are happy you should keep it for yourself, they are also rossoneri fans seeing you wich you traited not only Madrids fans.
and when you say i left the club wich i loved just to save them you don't react like he did in that clown conference.
I don't think that Galli has much to say on Pato's situation.
If the lad decides he doesn't want to remain in Milan, he'll demand to be released and Galli can cry over him all he wants but would then be forced to sell him because nobody wants an unhappy player.
can't blame Pato for his recent outburst.
His mentor who helped him settle down left.
His best-mate from Brazil, Kaka`, left.
WTH is happening, he must wonder.
***
Duck, welcome to the world.
you have to expect a revolution at Milan new manager selling the most affective player, i bet you won't recognise Milan in August. With over 80 million euros and clubs chasing pirlo and jankulovski etc you can expect to see a brand new team. hopefully this revolution won't end in disaster
i think so 2.
our managment has been a disaster in a recent couple of years but i think it will be a brand new team for leo,at least i hope so!!
what did u expect geo?did u wanted him crying and screaming he didnt want to leave?me too but..
come on man,i think he had no problem staying or leaving,if the mgt didnt accept the offer than he would say,he is happy to play for us..but they sold him,and he has to respect his new club and the people wanting him that bad, in contrast to silvio..
But like rinogattuso said, no word for the fans, for us, for the ones who protested, etc ... 6 years spent in that club ... the fact that he smiles in the official introduction of the player (you know when he gets the Real shirt in Bernabeu), it's ok, but there, it's too early to see him smiling like that !!
His dream came true ... and how will we all feel when he will kiss his Real jersey after scoring ? We will feel like people who have been totally stupid for 6 years.
Hasan Rossonero
09-06-2009, 16:07
Yeah I know, but look at the who Oliveira mess..
As a matter of interest, who is now the highest earners at Milan? Nesta, Ronnie, Dida?
I think Dinho with 6 million.
Graeme C
09-06-2009, 16:08
you have to expect a revolution at Milan new manager selling the most affective player, i bet you won't recognise Milan in August. With over 80 million euros and clubs chasing pirlo and jankulovski etc you can expect to see a brand new team. hopefully this revolution won't end in disaster
The worrying thing is that Kakas deal will set a new precident in transfers Like Laporta said earlier today. Every club we deal with knows we have the money, so they will try and Fleece us for every penny.
you have to expect a revolution at Milan new manager selling the most affective player, i bet you won't recognise Milan in August. With over 80 million euros and clubs chasing pirlo and jankulovski etc you can expect to see a brand new team. hopefully this revolution won't end in disaster
It just doesn't make sense to me because if Milan is about to do something big, money has to be spent, and a lot of it.
60 million is allegedly just to cover the debt. And to return to the throne, Milan has to invest at least 60 more
I just wanted a more cald down conference and not what we all saw.
Before 6 days he gave his word and said realx my rossoneri friends im not going anywhere.and he traited ul like that.He was not going to a party.
Even if you are happy you should keep it for yourself, they are also rossoneri fans seeing you wich you traited not only Madrids fans.
and when you say i left the club wich i loved just to save them you don't react like he did in that clown conference.
i know how u feel,i understand u..when he said he doesnt want t leave,he maybe meant it,but there was no choice for him,what would u do if u were in his shoes?he is a person with ego..and im satisfied as a milan fun since he said he didnt want t leave even after he left,i would nt like it if i were a realmadr fan..the last sentence is for geo too..
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.