View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
Maltese Charlie
10-07-2009, 09:41
Milan are not behaving like a top club. A top club doesn't talk about frugality every damn day. That is the truth. I have always said over and over again (for about 2 years) that if we sell Kaka' we will send a message out to the football world saying that we are not a big club, but one that sells its top players. The implications are grave.
So, as we are not behaving like a top club anymore, let's at least behave like a 2nd or 3rd tier club. That is, let's buy good players for positions we really need.
Currently, the management has not spent a penny, but again I will withhold judgement until August 31st.
We need three players.
Also, Pato will leave in about 4-5 years. Today Arshavin said that England's tax problems could lead to an exodus. If it is bad in England, then think how bad it will be in Italy. The two clubs in Spain will boast the best talents in the world. Galliani is not always wrong with regards to this, but he almost uses it as an excuse to do very little on the market.
Galliani is one of the best, if not the best.
But he has to follow the owner's instructions.
Why do you think Berlusconi trust him so much?
I see the major argument of the pessimists here is that our last two season sucked.
As an example of "how it should be done right" you list Manchester United, Barca, Bayern Munich.
1. How long did it take ManU to build a team who is terrorizing England and Europe for the last three years? Their transition period took 9 years. 1999 - 2008. And they are entering another transition period as we speak. See how much trophies they win next season.
2. How long did it take Barca to get through their transition period? It took them OMG 14 years OMG! (1992-2006). They might pull off a couple more years of success, although Real Madrid is pushing hard.
3. You mentioned how Bayern spend something like ~80m euro after they dropped out of Champions League. What exactly did they win after making all those purchases?
That said, Milan fans became kind of spoiled because of our recent spell of success, as we got used to pushing for the Champions League title every year!
By the way, I read an article on Financial Times. They did an analysis of the football club's spendings and correlated those with the club's success.
Their findings: Money spent on transfers account only for 30% of club's success in tournaments! While money spent on wages account for 80% of club's success in tournaments!
Anyone recongize Milan policy in the previous two lines?
fLame, what bull$hit are you spewing?
Manchester United won their League in 1999-2000, and 2000-2001 after their treble winning season, they won the 2002-03 season, and then spent 3 years playing second fiddle to Chelski and Arsenal, the next winning season coming in 2006-07. 9 Years? Yes, they were in transition and still managed to win 4 Leagues in the 9 year period, hrm..... nice transition.
Barca won the league in 1999. Their next league was in 2004-05. That makes it 5 years. Thats already shorter than ours.
Bayern chucked out 80 Million, and won the 2007-08 League after that. Yes, the season afterwards was a disaster for them, but their initial results were good enough. It was only after they lost Felix Magath that everything went downhill for them. Magath proved last season at Wolfsburg exactly what Bayern were missing, nuff said.
Get your facts straight before you start your arguement, else you end up looking like a fool.
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 09:46
I see the major argument of the pessimists here is that our last two season sucked.
As an example of "how it should be done right" you list Manchester United, Barca, Bayern Munich.
1. How long did it take ManU to build a team who is terrorizing England and Europe for the last three years? Their transition period took 9 years. 1999 - 2008. And they are entering another transition period as we speak. See how much trophies they win next season.
2. How long did it take Barca to get through their transition period? It took them OMG 14 years OMG! (1992-2006). They might pull off a couple more years of success, although Real Madrid is pushing hard.
3. You mentioned how Bayern spend something like ~80m euro after they dropped out of Champions League. What exactly did they win after making all those purchases?
That said, Milan fans became kind of spoiled because of our recent spell of success, as we got used to pushing for the Champions League title every year!
By the way, I read an article on Financial Times. They did an analysis of the football club's spendings and correlated those with the club's success.
Their findings: Money spent on transfers account only for 30% of club's success in tournaments! While money spent on wages account for 80% of club's success in tournaments!
Anyone recongize Milan policy in the previous two lines?
You are speaking about CL success only.
Barcelona won the league two years with a CL before losing to Real in one year and tie in points with Real in another. And winning the treble this year.
Before that they have about 6 yrs of without any major trophies. But during those six years without anything, the only players that are still with the team are Xavi and Pugol.
Bayern spent 80mil and the next year they won the Domestic Double. I still think their team is still in transition but if they manage to keep Ribery and Gomez fulfill his potentail, they will be fine.
Man U, they won 6 EPL titles over the last 10 years. TO me thats pretty impressive.
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 09:47
Come on bro, it pisses me off to sometimes. But they have been doing it for years! It's the only way they know to lower the player's price. No, actually there is another way - bad teeth! :2whis:
Thats really their problems, as if all the fans know what they are doing, won't the other MGT knows that too?
Also, Rick, I cannot believe you were satisfy by just making the CL this past season. CL was one of the objective but at least make a proper run at UEFA CUP, and also challenging for the League.
Who the hell really cares about UEFA Cup? The objective was to not be playing in UEFA Cup (or whatever they are calling it now) again, so why worry much about winning that? I can see that being an objective if you're Tottenham Hotspur or Genoa, but Milan belongs in the Champions League. As long as they got back to the Champions League, why should anyone not be satisfied?
Sure, it would have been nice to have won the Scudetto, but did anyone really think Milan was going to win the Scudetto after finishing fifth the previous season? What Milan did do was to finish level in points with Juve and to actually make a run at Inter late in the season what had them sweating just a bit. And Milan did that despite long-term injuries to Nesta, Gattuso and Borriello. That's a big improvement over the previous year, yet some of you act like Milan has just fallen to 10th place or just barely escaped relegation.
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 09:53
For starter, I hope Milan can win the league last season but after the first two defeats and Nesta delaying his return. That dream was over.
I did expect to finish in the top 4 last year, but I also expect them to win the UEFA CUP. Maybe you and others thinks that a MICKEY MOUSE CUP, but to me, you must give your 100% in all competitions or else no point even participlating it.
'The Bulldog'
10-07-2009, 09:58
Milannews.it reporting that Milan are chasing Carlos Eduardo
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=160436
I know this was reported earlier, but it's front page on Milannews. Very good player who can get the ball around quite a bit
Further info from tribalfootball.com
AC Milan are monitoring Carlos Eduardo's situation at Hoffenheim.
Milan chiefs are aware of Zenit St Petersburg's interest in the Brazilian attacking midfielder, who is rated in the £12 million class by Hoffenheim.
Encouraging for Milan is that Eduardo is about to secure an Italian passport.
The Rossoneri are weighing up whether to wait until the January market to move for Eduardo, which is when his passport should be secured.
Two comments from readers...
1. Carlos Eduardo would be a good signing but 12m? Too inflated. Hernanes may be better, only time will tell, but Hernanes has never played in Europe and would cost a foreign player slot for Milan. The 12m price tag needs to drop.
2. I think Diego is from Werder Bremen, not Wolfsburg. And I think this player [Carlos Eduardo] is great. But for me, I prefer Hernanes than Carlos.
What is it, exactly, that you're expecting? You do realize, don't you, that Milan has won just one Scudetto in the past 10 years? So why is this suddenly a problem that wasn't there three or four years ago?
Inter hasn't "won" four straight Scudetti. Inter was handed the first two because of the scandal and they took advantage of the fact that the scandal hurt both Milan and Juve to win the others. If you were paying attention, you'd know that Inter was not that good a team last year. They were inconsistent all season. They were bounced from the first knockout round of the Champions League for the third straight year. They actually let Milan get dangerously close to them late in the Serie A season after building a big lead. What makes you think Inter is so many light years ahead of Milan?
Pato was a quick-fix old chess piece? Thiago Silva is a quick-fix old chess piece?
Rick, once again, I swear if you were actually within my vicinity, I would hunt you down and strangle you.
READ THE FULL POST! DON'T JUST TAKE BITS AND PIECES OF MY POST TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK GOOD! I SWEAR I DON'T THINK ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM WOULD BE AS IDIOTIC AS TO SEE WHAT YOU SEE FROM READING MY POST THOROUGHLY!
1.) The problem wasn't there BEFORE because it was ONLY JUST THAT, a FEW YEAR PERIOD. When that period continues to grow THATS WHEN PEOPLE START SEEING THINGS DIFFERENT. If you don't see that, then either you're immortal, or just idiotic. Time changes everything, you don't stop growing if you suddenly want to. People who were patient with the clubs lack of silverware will just KEEP GETTING MORE IMPATIENT.
2.) MY POINT WAS NOT WHETHER THEY DESERVED IT OR NOT. IF YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS, WHILST DEFENDING YOUR POSITION ABOUT OUR CL WIN IN 2007, THAT MAKES YOU NOTHING MORE THAN A BIASED HYPOCRITE. The fact is, they played crap, and they still won in the end. We do the same thing and we drop down to 5th, NOTICE A DIFFERENCE? OR IS MY POINT STILL BLIND TO YOU?
3.) Pato and Thiago Silva came in WINTER! I never once mentioned any names in my post about who were the old chess pieces, BUT SINCE YOU WANT TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK SO GOOD, WELL JUST GO AHEAD AND USE THEM AS YOUR EXAMPLES.
The ones I was referring to happen to be players like Ibram Ba, Shevchenko, Brocchi, Emerson, and the list goes on.
Taking bits and pieces of other peoples posts and mashing them together into an arguement that you can bite back as is not cool, totally childish, and completely unnecessary, simply because people can link back to my last post (via your quote) and read through the entire thing word for word. :v46:
Stop acting like you have an arguement against me, you don't. You're just trying to make it sound like you do. Anyone on this forum can see it. You're just making yourself look more like the idiot I don't want to admit you are.
For starter, I hope Milan can win the league last season but after the first two defeats and Nesta delaying his return. That dream was over.
I did expect to finish in the top 4 last year, but I also expect them to win the UEFA CUP. Maybe you and others thinks that a MICKEY MOUSE CUP, but to me, you must give your 100% in all competitions or else no point even participlating it.
I'm not saying it wouldn't have been nice to win UEFA Cup. There's nothing wrong with it. But the more Milan had to worry about UEFA Cup the more it distracted from the main goal of finishing in the top three in Serie A. So I wasn't upset that Milan didn't win it. With Nesta, Gattuso and Borriello out, the squad was already thin, so giving the players more rest may have been a blessing.
You are speaking about CL success only.
Barcelona won the league two years with a CL before losing to Real in one year and tie in points with Real in another. And winning the treble this year.
Before that they have about 6 yrs of without any major trophies. But during those six years without anything, the only players that are still with the team are Xavi and Pugol.
Bayern spent 80mil and the next year they won the Domestic Double. I still think their team is still in transition but if they manage to keep Ribery and Gomez fulfill his potentail, they will be fine.
Man U, they won 6 EPL titles over the last 10 years. TO me thats pretty impressive.
Like somebody else mentioned here, noone would care about domestic league if we kept being in the Champions League finals every two years.
And you are right, I was talking about Champions League success only.
fLame, what bull$hit are you spewing?
...
First of all stop acting like a badass on the internet - in relation to me and other forum users.
Second, I was talking about European success. Try to take time in figuring out what the person has to say.
people, people........:cheers: :hug: :hug: :hug: :1five::kotc::kotc::v103:
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 10:12
Anyhow, what is the latest on Luis, I mean are his teeth okay or any hair lost problems?
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 10:14
Like somebody else mentioned here, noone would care about domestic league if we kept being in the Champions League finals every two years.
And you are right, I was talking about Champions League success only.
TO be honest, people are only making CL more important over League in the past 5-8 yrs or so. As it does bring in huge revenues due to TV deals and such.
As far as I remember, when growing up in the late 80s and early 90s, winning the league is more important than winning in Europe.
Anyhow, what is the latest on Luis, I mean are his teeth okay or any hair lost problems?
Luis Fabiano didn't pass the medical because he can't fight! :O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Figkmz3Rs
Maltese Charlie
10-07-2009, 10:23
Anyhow, what is the latest on Luis, I mean are his teeth okay or any hair lost problems?
:ilol: This is the best!!!!!!!
As for the importance of the domestic league during the 80's and before, keep in mind that to play in the Champions cup you had to be champion domestically.
So the Champions Cup had more value.
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 10:23
Damn it, then his price must be 6 mil now.
First of all stop acting like a badass on the internet - in relation to me and other forum users.
Second, I was talking about European success. Try to take time in figuring out what the person has to say.
Firstly, don't assume you know everyone on this forum, nor our preferences and whatnot. You don't know crap about me.
I don't have a preference of European or Domestic success, but if you ask anyone on this forum, I highly doubt they would mind ONE OVER THE OTHER, so long as the club is successful.
Second, you're little post just gave you out to be even more childish than Rick. Yes, we would all hope to get into the CL final once every two years, most of us would even hope that we won all those times we got into the CL final. Yet everyone know how hard that is, and NO ONE expects us to be able to do that all the time. Basing a clubs success on just CL is as bad as arguments get. Manchester United Last season: Win the Club World Cup, Win the League, win a domestic cup, but fail to win the CL, does that make them unsuccessful? I think NOT. Yes, their achievements are overlooked by Barca's, that in no way makes them have any worse a season which they had.
Given the choice between winning a domestic league and getting into the CL but then losing to whoever the heck we're facing, I would rather chose the former. Your post makes you out to chose the complete opposite.
We didn't become the most successful club by just getting into finals. We had to win them first.
As such, your argument won't stand. I rest my case.
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 10:24
:ilol: This is the best!!!!!!!
As for the importance of the domestic league during the 80's and before, keep in mind that to play in the Champions cup you had to be champion domestically.
So the Champions Cup had more value.
That would explain why winning the league actually means something
Rick, once again, I swear if you were actually within my vicinity, I would hunt you down and strangle you.
Well, at least you'd put me out of the misery of listening to all the prophets of doom. :D
1.) The problem wasn't there BEFORE because it was ONLY JUST THAT, a FEW YEAR PERIOD. When that period continues to grow THATS WHEN PEOPLE START SEEING THINGS DIFFERENT. If you don't see that, then either you're immortal, or just idiotic. Time changes everything, you don't stop growing if you suddenly want to. People who were patient with the clubs lack of silverware will just KEEP GETTING MORE IMPATIENT.
But the club hasn't lacked silverware. Milan won the Champions League only two years ago. Two years and suddenly you're so impatient you want to strangle somebody? At this point three years ago, Manchester United had gone three years without winning the EPL and seven without winning the Champions League. Did the world fall apart for them? At this point last summer, Barcelona had gone two years without winning anything. So why does going two years without winning anything spell the end of Milan?
With all due respect, if you are living your life so vicariously through Milan that you can't make it through two seasons without trophies, then you really need a hobby or something else to fill the void in your life. This is not about you and your impatience. Milan can't win things every single year just so you can personally feel superior.
2.) MY POINT WAS NOT WHETHER THEY DESERVED IT OR NOT. IF YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS, WHILST DEFENDING YOUR POSITION ABOUT OUR CL WIN IN 2007, THAT MAKES YOU NOTHING MORE THAN A BIASED HYPOCRITE. The fact is, they played crap, and they still won in the end. We do the same thing and we drop down to 5th, NOTICE A DIFFERENCE? OR IS MY POINT STILL BLIND TO YOU?
But Milan improved from 5th to a tie for 2nd. You're acting like Milan dropped to 5th and then to 10th. Milan improved significantly this past season despite major injuries to key players. So why should you be so pessimistic?
3.) Pato and Thiago Silva came in WINTER! I never once mentioned any names in my post about who were the old chess pieces, BUT SINCE YOU WANT TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK SO GOOD, WELL JUST GO AHEAD AND USE THEM AS YOUR EXAMPLES.
The ones I was referring to happen to be players like Ibram Ba, Shevchenko, Brocchi, Emerson, and the list goes on.
Pato was bought in the summer. The only reason he didn't start playing for Milan until the winter was because he had to reach the age of 18. Silva was bought in the winter with the knowledge that he wouldn't be eligible to play until the summer, so he's new to the squad this year. And what the hell is the difference whether they were bought in the winter or the summer? They are still here. You're making even less sense than usual.
Taking bits and pieces of other peoples posts and mashing them together into an arguement that you can bite back as is not cool, totally childish, and completely unnecessary, simply because people can link back to my last post (via your quote) and read through the entire thing word for word. :v46:
Stop acting like you have an arguement against me, you don't. You're just trying to make it sound like you do. Anyone on this forum can see it. You're just making yourself look more like the idiot I don't want to admit you are.
I responded directly to your first two paragraphs. I didn't see anything further down that changed the meaning of what you said in the beginning. If anything did, then you should learn to be more clear.
And I probably should point out that you are the one who is being childish by throwing tantrums because Milan hasn't made panic buys to get the players you want in the time frame that you want them. And I also think it's childish to be so narcissistic that you think this is all about you and satisfying your ego and your need to feel superior because your club won the trophy and the other guy's club didn't. This is not about you. Milan is not engaged in football so that you can live vicariously through them. Silvio Berlusconi owns the club. You don't.
Maltese Charlie
10-07-2009, 10:33
That would explain why winning the league actually means something
Now unfortunately means less than those years as even if you finish second or third you will still participate in the CL, while in those years only the champion took part.
But of coarse the domestic league means more than something even nowadays but a little less than CL.
Firstly, don't assume you know everyone on this forum, nor our preferences and whatnot. You don't know crap about me.
It's proven by research that people tend to be more radical, inappropriate and confronting on the internet comparing to real life. Do you fit into the "people" category?
I don't have a preference of European or Domestic success, but if you ask anyone on this forum, I highly doubt they would mind ONE OVER THE OTHER, so long as the club is successful.
I remember back in 2007 when we won the Champions League, and Inter won the Scudetto, Milan fans produced a famous phraze "That Inter can stick Scudetto up their @sses". I don't remember anyone objecting.
As such, your argument won't stand. I rest my case.
What was your argument again?
We don't need any new players because our squad is full of champions.
Luis Fabiano? I'm not even sure if he's better than Paloschi.
Nevermind we haven't won anything for the last 2 years because Man Utd had period of 6 years not winning anything and we all know they have to buy new players because of that and we do not because of our "championsness" of the team.
....there's a funny report on goal.com about Atletico Madrid's boss replying to Barca: "You like our Diego Forlan? No problem, We like Messi"
We don't need any new players because our squad is full of champions.
Luis Fabiano? I'm not even sure if he's better than Paloschi.
Nevermind we haven't won anything for the last 2 years because Man Utd had period of 6 years not winning anything and we all know they have to buy new players because of that and we do not because of our "championsness" of the team.
The point I was trying to make is that we can't rebuild this squad during this one Mercato. Ever if we did sign stars for all the positions we need - that doesn't guarantee success. Ask Real Galacticos. Actually, I hope Real will prove this agian next season. :1d31:
I think that we should rebuild slowly, so the team has time to get used to itself. Signing youngsters is part of such plan. But with youngsters it may indeed take us 6 or more years. :(
Simple Posting because it seems quicker.
Point 2:
"But Milan improved from 5th to a tie for 2nd. You're acting like Milan dropped to 5th and then to 10th. Milan improved significantly this past season despite major injuries to key players. So why should you be so pessimistic?"
I'm pessimistic because in the same time, Inter played just as crap, if not more. They played with a $hitload of injuries, just like us. They Won the League twice like that. What do we have to show for it? A 5th and a barely deserved 3rd place (which if you had read my earlier post, could have been a single games difference away from 5th).
Point 3:
Pato was bought in the summer. The only reason he didn't start playing for Milan in the winter was because he had to reach the age of 18. Silva was bought in the winter with the knowledge that he wouldn't be eligible to play until the summer, so he's new to the squad this year. And what the hell is the difference whether they were bought in the winter or the summer? They are still here. You're making even less sense than usual.
I never said anything about Pato or Thiago Silva being the players dragging us down. I'm talking about the, oh 20 or so OTHER SIGNINGS made in the same period that we ended up sending away or selling at a loss.
YOU were the one who insisted on using Pato and Thiago Silva as examples, ONLY YOU. Am I being clear to you?
One diamond out of a transfer of 30 odd players does not mean anything. We're suppose to be signing quality most of the time. (Which is why someone else mentioned we should consider ourselves a second tier team now, because we act like one).
Once again, I reiterate, YOU pointed them out being the dead weights, I did NOT.
Which brings us to the 4th Point:
You respond by talking about absolute crap that has nothing to do with the points I have made abundantly clear. All you try to do, Rick, is to take bits and pieces of what you THINK is being said, and then making an arguement which will suit you.
I think most of the people above the age of 13, some below even, can understand quite clearly what I've been saying and the exact points I've made in my posts. Why you are the only one who I can't get through to is quite beyond me (I have my theories, but I'm nice enough not to share them with everyone on the forums :D).
Oh yes, and as fLame is acting like such a child, I think I won't reply to him other than one more post:
Point 2 of your arguement:
I remember back in 2007 when we won the Champions League, and Inter won the Scudetto, Milan fans produced a famous phraze "That Inter can stick Scudetto up their @sses". I don't remember anyone objecting.
The main reason why no one would object is because of 3 things:
1.) We were unfairly stripped of points in the season, leading to us not being given the Scudetto the year before, and us barely even able to play in the CL qualifications.
2.) We started 8 points behind everyone else, given we couldn't win the league, this was the only competition we could focus on, which we won.
3.) It's Inter we're talking about. Do you really think that if Roma or Lazio had won the League that season, that anyone would put up those signs?
The main reason why no one would object is because of 3 things:
1.) We were unfairly stripped of points in the season, leading to us not being given the Scudetto the year before, and us barely even able to play in the CL qualifications.
2.) We started 8 points behind everyone else, given we couldn't win the league, this was the only competition we could focus on, which we won.
3.) It's Inter we're talking about. Do you really think that if Roma or Lazio had won the League that season, that anyone would put up those signs?
You have some reasonable arguments, for example regarding Inter. But obviously this is a matter of preference.
IMHO, winning a Scudetto is much easier than winning the CL. I am confident that even with the current squad, if we set the goal, and don't suffer any injuries, we can win Scudetto next year.
Btw, I would trade 1 Champions League title for 2 Scudettos any day.
And I probably should point out that you are the one who is being childish by throwing tantrums because Milan hasn't made panic buys to get the players you want in the time frame that you want them. And I also think it's childish to be so narcissistic that you think this is all about you and satisfying your ego and your need to feel superior because your club won the trophy and the other guy's club didn't. This is not about you. Milan is not engaged in football so that you can live vicariously through them. Silvio Berlusconi owns the club. You don't.
You know whats funny about this part of the post?
I never once said in my posts that we should make panic buys. Not once. In all my posts in this forum, I only mentioned the positives of getting players early and explained the negatives of getting players late. Not once in my posts have I mentioned that we should buy who and who at what and what time. The fact you accuse me of this just goes to show everyone in the forum that you don't read through all the posts.
Yes, Silvio owns the club, when did I say anything to deny that? As a fan, I'm just as entitled to my opinion of how the club is being managed. I don't think being a fan means you have to mindlessly follow your team when you can SEE when theres something wrong with the team. If you want to follow mindlessly like sheep walking over a cliff, thats your choice. I never forced my ideals upon you, I just suggest you look before you leap after everyone else.
I don't know about being a narcissists, but if you think that people saying that they want their club to be successful is being narcissistic, then I guess I'm guilty. I fell in love with this club because of its success and the enterprising football they played back in the 1980s to 90s.
But guess what, since you are so "holier than thou" I guess you wouldn't know what I'm talking about, would you?
Given that you don't mind so much about supporting a successful club like you say you don't, why not try cheering for Torino or Reggina for a change, you might like it, at least there won't be pessimistic narcissists like me around right.
What are you waiting for? Go! Shoo!
Away with you! Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out :D
I miss the times when I was the biggest a$$hole around here. :(((
Hmmm... who should I insult to reclaim my status?
I miss the times when I was the biggest a$$hole around here. :(((
Hmmm... who should I insult to reclaim my status?
Try Rick, he seems to have a bigger ego than I do, and less of an understanding for perfectly simple English.
oops... I talked with you :devs:
Yeah, but it sometimes picks up different stories from the main websites. though, as you said, the likeliness of it being true is minimal.
When it does have a true report, it pops up hours later than other sources....
Still, what do you think of Eduardo?
I don't know this player so I can't comment at all. but I read from some later posts that he is good and young? :)
wow, this thread is growing at at least 20 pages per day. :p017: if only the management was passionate as these great fans. :proud:
johncharles365
10-07-2009, 11:32
it is not the fact that Milan have a long term strategy that bothers me we shouldn't be rushed into making the wrong transfers. it is just the fact that any cash that the club has is spent on failures like ronaldo and brochi these player far outweigh any talented players that come into the club.
from the players 2008/9 transfer market Milan got rid of shevchenko senderos and felipe and of course releasing emerson, plus the fact that cardacio viduez antonini and borriello have rarely played any football. if Milan have 85 million euros in the bank we might as well use it to exploit some opportunities i assume that is why milan sold kaka to gain cash for new transfers.
Opportunities for players like silva ben afra costa santacrose and hernanes might not ever arise again we are missing out on some potential superstars. the transfer market is open for another couple of month hopefully galliani will see the benefits of transferring in some talented players, personally i would struggle to be as loyal to the club as I have been if we are selling our top players with no tangible benefits derived from their loss.
:frustrat::dstup:
I'm pessimistic because in the same time, Inter played just as crap, if not more. They played with a $hitload of injuries, just like us. They Won the League twice like that. What do we have to show for it? A 5th and a barely deserved 3rd place (which if you had read my earlier post, could have been a single games difference away from 5th).
Then the fact that Inter played like crap should give you hope. Milan doesn't have much to catch up to. And Milan still finished a lot closer to Inter this past year than the year before. You say third place was barely deserved. Okay, who deserved it then? And it wasn't just third, it was a tie for second, quite literally, with the same number of points as Juventus. If Serie A had the same tiebreakers as the leagues in England and Spain, Milan would have been declared runner-up in the league. And Milan finished six points ahead of the 4th place team, so the margin from fifth was comfortable. If you're going to go around changing the results of matches, then I'll give Milan a win in the second match against Inter, a win over Bologna in the opener and a draw against either Udinese or Roma in the final weeks and guess what? -- Milan wins the Scudetto! You can always say that if the result of this game or that game was different it would have been this instead of that.
I never said anything about Pato or Thiago Silva being the players dragging us down. I'm talking about the, oh 20 or so OTHER SIGNINGS made in the same period that we ended up sending away or selling at a loss.
YOU were the one who insisted on using Pato and Thiago Silva as examples, ONLY YOU. Am I being clear to you?
One diamond out of a transfer of 30 odd players does not mean anything. We're suppose to be signing quality most of the time. (Which is why someone else mentioned we should consider ourselves a second tier team now, because we act like one).
Once again, I reiterate, YOU pointed them out being the dead weights, I did NOT.
What is wrong with you? I pointed out Pato and Silva as being dead weights? Are you crazy? I was merely questioning the FACT that you were tossing them in with the "quick-fix old chess pieces." Let me refresh your memory. This is exactly what you said:
yet do you not see that apart from Flamini and Borriello, the past two years we've been doing nothing but buying quick-fix old chess pieces from other teams at a premium.
Since both Pato and Silva have been acquired in the last two years, what else could I conclude except that you think they are "quick-fix old chess pieces?" You said it yourself. You only excluded Flamini and Borriello.
And sorry, but you're going to have to give me the names of these 20 or so players that Milan has bought since summer 2007 who have have been sent away or sold at a loss. This is news to me. The only guy I can think of that Milan signed on a permament deal and has since cast off is Emerson, who didn't cost anything to begin with. Other than that I can only think of a couple of players who were on loan at Milan.
ZvonimirBoban
10-07-2009, 11:42
Well, they are foolish to act like that. Pay no attention. Funny, though, that reading your comments got me to thinking about Liverpool fans. Let me say straight off that I hate Liverpool fans with a passion (figuratively speaking, of course, as I'm sure most of them are nice people). But they have this annoying habit of living decades in the past and thinking they are special beyond all others because they won a lot of things in the 1970s and 1980s. Yet, aside from The Match That Shall Not Be Mentioned, they've won nothing in a long, long time. They've never even won the Premier League!
Milan fans seem to be exactly the opposite of Liverpool fans. Collectively, we can't even take pride in something that was accomplished just two years ago by primarily the same group of players we have now unless we did the same thing in the past season. Liverpool fans don't care if people laugh at them. They don't let people laugh at them. They just stick up their middle finger and say "Yeah, well come back and talk to us when you've won the league 18 times and Europe five times!" Liverpool fans always know they're going to win (even though they don't) because by damn they're Liverpool! Yet we sit here as Milan fans -- supporting a club that has won 17 Scudetti and seven European titles -- and we worry that people are laughing because Milan doesn't win every single year? It makes no sense.
Somebody should do a study contrasting the psychology of the Liverpool fan and the Milan fan. It would be fascinating.
Totally agreed. Dutchie, do you think only you who were being laughed at because you're Milan fan? Me too! Everyday. I have a lot of Juventini and Interisti friends and when they're starting to laugh at Milan I will say: "Grab seven CL trophies and then you're in same league to talk with me".
Is it pathetic? Is that looking at past glory? Is that denial? NO! That is supporting a club (from my perspective)!!! Football is all about fun, man! What's the point of supporting Milan if you don't get the fun? If supporting Milan makes you get headache everyday because Milan are not (currently) acting as you want, I suggest you (SUGGEST, not COMMAND, please don't take it so bad) to stop watching Milan.
Again, it is from my perspective. Maybe others supporting Milan for another thing instead of fun, I don't know. Maybe there are who support Milan for their life, I don't know either. So if there are some people who are offended, I deeply say sorry.
it is not the fact that Milan have a long term strategy that bothers me we shouldn't be rushed into making the wrong transfers. it is just the fact that any cash that the club has is spent on failures like ronaldo and brochi these player far outweigh any talented players that come into the club.
This is a fair point to a certain extent. Mistakes have been made in the past, but then again what club doesn't make mistakes in the transfer market? But what's in the past is in the past. The important thing is what happens from this day forward.
I would disagree with you about the money spent on failed players outweighing the talented players who have joined the club though. If it's a matter of cash value, Milan could sell Pato for 45 million euros today. And Kaka came to Milan two years after Brocchi (who Milan bought in 2001), so I'd say quite a few good players have joined Milan since then.
Again, it is from my perspective. Maybe others supporting Milan for another thing instead of fun, I don't know. Maybe there are who support Milan for their life, I don't know either. So if there are some people who are offended, I deeply say sorry.
Oh come on man. There will always be times when Milan or any other tame fails.
Usually, when my friends try to laugh at me cause of present Milan misery, I always have something to say back. Here is a quick outline for you: :sagrin:
To any English fan: When your team learns to play something else other than crosses - we can talk. :delol:
To ManU fans: C.Ronaldo is a f@g. Rooney is a thug. :delol:
To Inter fans: erm... there are just too many things to say :delol:
etc.....
Totally agreed. Dutchie, do you think only you who were being laughed at because you're Milan fan? Me too! Everyday. I have a lot of Juventini and Interisti friends and when they're starting to laugh at Milan I will say: "Grab seven CL trophies and then you're in same league to talk with me".
Is it pathetic? Is that looking at past glory? Is that denial? NO! That is supporting a club (from my perspective)!!! Football is all about fun, man! What's the point of supporting Milan if you don't get the fun? If supporting Milan makes you get headache everyday because Milan are not (currently) acting as you want, I suggest you (SUGGEST, not COMMAND, please don't take it so bad) to stop watching Milan.
Again, it is from my perspective. Maybe others supporting Milan for another thing instead of fun, I don't know. Maybe there are who support Milan for their life, I don't know either. So if there are some people who are offended, I deeply say sorry.
Fun. What a wonderful word! You're exactly right Boban. The whole point is to have fun. Why even bother if supporting a club is going to make you miserable? There are so many other things to do in life that there's no logic in being a fan of Milan or any other club unless you have fun doing it. :beer:
Personally, I will support Milan even if they drop to Serie C2 (which seems to be where the club is headed if you take seriously some of the doom and gloom among certain posters in this forum). I want Milan to win because it's fun to watch this great club play beautifully and be successful. But if Milan doesn't win anything for a year or two or three or even four, it's not the end of the world. It's not my life. Fans all over the world are in the same boat because only a very few clubs win trophies each year, yet they love their clubs through thick and thin. They don't need a trophy every year to justify their own existence. Life goes on.
ZvonimirBoban
10-07-2009, 11:55
Oh come on man. There will always be times when Milan or any other tame fails.
Usually, when my friends try to laugh at me cause of present Milan misery, I always have something to say back. Here is a quick outline for you: :sagrin:
To any English fan: When your team learns to play something else other than crosses - we can talk. :delol:
To ManU fans: C.Ronaldo is a f@g. Rooney is a thug. :delol:
To Inter fans: erm... there are just too many things to say :delol:
etc.....
I could add many things here, lol. Nice suggestions, though.
Make it fun, everybody. As someone said before, the football players are paid big to entertain people. Let's do the fun.
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 12:01
Well, I always tell others about Mr. 4-time CL winner as no other teams have even a 2-time CL winner in their squad.
Since both Pato and Silva have been acquired in the last two years, what else could I conclude except that you think they are "quick-fix old chess pieces?" You said it yourself. You only excluded Flamini and Borriello.
And sorry, but you're going to have to give me the names of these 20 or so players that Milan has bought since summer 2007 who have have been sent away or sold at a loss. This is news to me. The only guy I can think of that Milan signed on a permament deal and has since cast off is Emerson, who didn't cost anything to begin with. Other than that I can only think of a couple of players who were on loan at Milan.
Are you pretending, or are you actually that truly dumb?
I chose not to mention Pato simply because he's a given exclusion from any "bad player" list. Thiago Silva, I have only watched a few friendlies, and I really can't say much except that he hasn't impressed. I don't mention him because theres nothing much worth mentioning.
Picking at posts word for word when the initial arguement wasn't even about which and which player I mention is beyond childish.
Here's my initial post:
The proper way IS to add pieces several at a time, yet do you not see that apart from Flamini and Borriello, the past two years we've been doing nothing but buying quick-fix old chess pieces from other teams at a premium. Were we not trying to transition 3 years back? Also, when you add pieces, you normally tend to keep the pieces you value to last for most of the game, and let go of the dead-weights.
Anyone reading this would see:
a) I'm agreeing with your previous post about signings being added a few at a time.
b) I'm complaining about our deadweights, in which I mentioned players like Shevchenko, Ibram Ba, Brocchi and Emerson amongst others.
I don't have an obligation to name and list each and every player here, and I've already mentioned who exactly I was talking about.
That you would pick on minor things such as which names I mention or forget to is just the same as me telling you that You ran through a whole 10 blocks of traffic lights, and you biting back with "I only went through two!". Your whole retort is besides the point and unnecessary because you aren't even arguing back, nor are you making a valid response to the main subject (in this example it would be the fact that you broke the law, not the number of times you broke it). You are merely picking at the things I say by saying how I imply this because I didn't mention this or that player.
I could go back to a few more posts of yours doing exactly just that.
Grow up, boy. You're just picking at bits and pieces of the full article, don't deny it.
I can reason with you all day and all night because thats exactly what you do and exactly how you do it.
If you want me to keep pointing your flaws out to you, feel free to tell me, because I am very,very willing to go back and dig up some more examples for you.
Milan eyeing on Carlos Eduardo
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=160436
Oh man, that player is sooo amazing.
johncharles365
10-07-2009, 12:11
I would disagree with you about the money spent on failed players outweighing the talented players who have joined the club though. If it's a matter of cash value, Milan could sell Pato for 45 million euros today. And Kaka came to Milan two years after Brocchi (who Milan bought in 2001), so I'd say quite a few good players have joined Milan since then.[/QUOTE]
In terms of monetary return Milan have been somewhat successful over the last 8 years but in terms of the ratio of poor players coming into milan against the amount of good players coming into the club Milan are suffering . true pato worth in excess of 50 million euros pirlo worth 26 million euro and kaka is obviously worth 67 million euros but stack that against oddo kaladze ronaldo emerson ba ibrahim brochi kalac legati you begin that the majority of recent signing have proved counter productive transfer fees may not be that excessive but all these player demand a wage. i truly believe with a bit more diligence that Milan could have needed to sell kaka or shevchenko
If Milan didn't buy emerson and roanldo that is 27 million euros transfer cost and 11 million euros in wages saved to buy some one like aquilani hamsik or silva. if Milan didn't buy oddo and kaladze that is 9 million in wages and bonuses saved to buy some one like brochetti or santacrose or amelia. It may be a little hindsight but these transfer mistake will be repeated for sure if we continue the same policy of just buying cheap players.
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 12:16
NO worries as Milan don't even have money to pay for high wages anymore.
ZvonimirBoban
10-07-2009, 12:32
I agree that our transfer policy last years was a failure. But I want to remind something, if I remember, Oddo was welcomed well by the fans. That shows that we could not make such judgment before we see the result (how the players bought will contribute). Nobody would call Oddo fail purchase before his switch to Milan. And for johncharles365, Aquilani/Hamsik/Silva or Santacroce/Amelia have chances to turn like an Oddo/Gila or not. So we could not judge it very much. Oddo was arguably one of the best IT fullbacks at the time we purchased him. About Gila, I need not say much more, I'm sure you understand.
I chose not to mention Pato simply because he's a given exclusion from any "bad player" list. Thiago Silva, I have only watched a few friendlies, and I really can't say much except that he hasn't impressed. I don't mention him because theres nothing much worth mentioning.
Well then why did you mention Flamini and Borriello? The fact is that you weren't listing bad players. You were saying that Flamini and Borriello were the only ones brought in the past two years who weren't "quick-fix old chess pieces."
Here's my initial post:
The proper way IS to add pieces several at a time, yet do you not see that apart from Flamini and Borriello, the past two years we've been doing nothing but buying quick-fix old chess pieces from other teams at a premium. Were we not trying to transition 3 years back? Also, when you add pieces, you normally tend to keep the pieces you value to last for most of the game, and let go of the dead-weights.
See, I told you that's what you said!
Anyone reading this would see:
a) I'm agreeing with your previous post about signings being added a few at a time.
b) I'm complaining about our deadweights, in which I mentioned players like Shevchenko, Ibram Ba, Brocchi and Emerson amongst others.
Fine, you're complaining about "deadweights." That doesn't change the fact that you said that Flamini and Boriello were the only players brought in the past two years that weren't "quick-fix old chess pieces." Maybe you don't have the obligation to name all the "quick-fix old chess pieces," but when you start naming specifically the ones who aren't and you say they're the only ones who aren't, you just can't worm your way out of that no matter how much you try. You said specifically that Flamini and Borriello were the only ones who were brought in during the past two years who didn't fit your "quick-fix old chess piece" description. Don't try to deny it because it's right there. You said it. Childishly calling me childish for calling you on your crap isn't going to change what you said, nor does it matter if you listed a thousand old broken down players Milan brought in.
As for the players you mentioned, Shevchenko was merely on loan from Chelsea for a season; Ba didn't cost anything to sign and only played in one last Coppa Italia match as a substitute so he could end his career as a Milan player before becoming a scout for the club; and Brocchi was bought by Milan in 2001, so I'm not sure why he's even on your list. What are you, 12 years old? Did you not know that Brocchi had been a Milan player for years?
I don't have an obligation to name and list each and every player here, and I've already mentioned who exactly I was talking about.
That you would pick on minor things such as which names I mention or forget to is just the same as me telling you that You ran through a whole 10 blocks of traffic lights, and you biting back with "I only went through two!". Your whole retort is besides the point and unnecessary because you aren't even arguing back, nor are you making a valid response to the main subject (in this example it would be the fact that you broke the law, not the number of times you broke it). You are merely picking at the things I say by saying how I imply this because I didn't mention this or that player.
I could go back to a few more posts of yours doing exactly just that.
Grow up, boy. You're just picking at bits and pieces of the full article, don't deny it.
I can reason with you all day and all night because thats exactly what you do and exactly how you do it.
If you want me to keep pointing your flaws out to you, feel free to tell me, because I am very,very willing to go back and dig up some more examples for you.
So you justify saying that Flamini and Borriello were the only players Milan brought in who weren't "quick-fix old chess pieces" by saying you forgot about Pato and Silva? How could you forget Pato? And I wish you would get your story straight. First you tried to justify it by saying you were only talking about summer transfers. Then when I pointed out to you that Pato was a summer transfer, you went off on some other tangent. Now I'm picking on you because you forgot.
You see, the problem isn't that you forgot or what players you did or didn't mention. The problem is that the fact that Milan has brought in Pato, Silva, Flamini and Borriello in the past two years, it kind of pokes a hole in your theory that Milan has only brought in deadweight. You can pick on all the insignificant things like Ba signing to play one game to finish his career at Milan or Brocchi returning from being on loan all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Milan has added several young, talented players these past two years. Maybe it's not enough to suit you and maybe the fact that Milan didn't complete the 2009 summer transfer period by the end of June doesn't suit you, but that doesn't justify making such a blatantly false statement (whether you forgot or not) to make a false point.
Geez. :dontkn:
Since for some reason for todays players its not enough that you have 6,7 mln, play for Milan, live in Milano etc., and they desperatly need 10mln per year, for us it will be hard to bring the best players with new "callary cap".
There is also the "young team" way, but that is the Arsenal story, we dont care for that and that doesnt being CL to Milanello.
And as someone mentioned, when you win CL noone cares what is your position in a league. I'd change CL for 3 scudetti, but at this point we simply dont have such team. Its a reality.
Carlos Eduardo, I hope its a simple rumor. He is something we dont need badly.
Im still hoping for Cissokho and one midfielder ( specially Hernanes, who has won me over. But its hard to understand players playing in Brasilian league for us Europeans. Its different when you see them in Europe and when you see them playing in south america. )
P.S.
Boriello wasnt bought by Milan, he was our player for a long time. Its just we sold half of him and then we payed 9mln to get him back. Which was also funny to see coz obviousely we either missunderstood the player ( in football way ), or we missed again with those 9mln. We'll see, he was injured last year but did very good in Genova. Still I dont consider him to be a great player or a man that can lead Milan.
Gabriel489
10-07-2009, 12:52
JUst read what JM said to the press on Channel4.
I know some of you hate him(don;t know why, as he is entertaining), he does speak truth and understand that his team is still not as good as some other teams IN Europe.
Now some of you might think, he players will react the wrong way...but I think his players will be more fire up to prove him wrong.
BTW, I just love that Harry Porter comment and Prince Charles remark-classic stuff.
Blacktop
10-07-2009, 13:10
There was a report about Milan agreeing a deal with Cagliari to bring Marchetti next season to San Siro for 8 Million,he would stay this season at Cagliari to gain more experience.
Now there are again reports stating Cagliari is looking at a new goalie to replace Marchetti.
Marchetti signed permanently with Cagliari nearly two weeks ago.
Maltese Charlie
10-07-2009, 13:18
Carlos Eduardo, I hope its a simple rumor. He is something we dont need badly.
Why not? If he comes will be in January. Has nothing to do with the summer market and Hernanes as he plays in a different role.
johncharles365
10-07-2009, 13:22
Most fans welcome the best players to new clubs it is natural i bet luis fabiano comes to Milan fans will be lining the streets. Personally i didn't want oddo and i am very sceptical that fabiano will be a fantastic success. any way back to my point it is management job to recognise what a player can provide the team in the short term and in the long term. In any scenario oddo would be playing first team football for milan until 2012 where it is likely he would lack the sufficient speed to function as side back. the majority of current great milan players like inzargi nesta pirlo gattuso where all in the 22-27 age bracket when they were brought, any player outside age bracket would have to either demonstrate a fantastic array of abilities or have to full of untapped potential. at least if Milan buys player between the ages of 18-26 there is a chance of improving their abilities or still maintaining the majority of their transfer value. I struggle to think of many players who have improved and adapted their game who are over the age of 30.
Dutchie-Milan
10-07-2009, 13:24
Mrki you probably didnt see Carlos Eduardo play in the Bundesliga,you are underrating him badly.
The guy is just like Kaka only of course he isnt that far,but he is the right replacement for Kaka/Gorky and i really hope we could get him,great vision,great talent,fast,has a good shot and a decent cross.Very nice to watch him,he is Milan-material,im pretty sure he will be worth 24 million instead of 12 next year if you look at how the mercato is developing nowadays,i hope we get him but its true,we dont need him badly,but he would be very welcome!
As for Borriello who according to you isnt a leading man....well in CL i dont think he has the qualities to be that guy who can save us because he hasnt enough talent,but in Serie A?For sure he can be one of our most important players in Serie A,in Italy he can express himself as the man at Milan,especially against smaller teams wich we attend to have trouble with.He did great last year playing only 6 games scoring one goal,but still we were excited about him because you could clearly see we could press opponents much harder with him in the team and his workrate was incredible.
Again players are being underrate.....wake up.
Dutchie-Milan
10-07-2009, 13:28
Just read the interview of that son of a ***** of a Mourinho,really my blood just boiles when i read the stuff he says,like that he doesnt care if Carlo wins something because he hasnt won for years....the arrogance,i want him lose badly,really badly like against Atalanta
Just read the interview of that son of a ***** of a Mourinho,really my blood just boiles when i read the stuff he says,like that he doesnt care if Carlo wins something because he hasnt won for years....the arrogance,i want him lose badly,really badly like against Atalanta
Ah, he's not worth worrying about. That's the way he is. Besides, Carlo has won the Champions League since Mourinho has. ;)
johncharles365
10-07-2009, 14:05
Of course going to say that if Carlo is able to get jose 30 year old side to win the champions league jose will look inferior. Instead of inter losing i would prefer jose to storm out of the club accusing of acts criminality and unethical behaviour, this would definitely make the inter fans cry.
You see, the problem isn't that you forgot or what players you did or didn't mention. The problem is that the fact that Milan has brought in Pato, Silva, Flamini and Borriello in the past two years, it kind of pokes a hole in your theory that Milan has only brought in deadweight. You can pick on all the insignificant things like Ba signing to play one game to finish his career at Milan or Brocchi returning from being on loan all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Milan has added several young, talented players these past two years. Maybe it's not enough to suit you and maybe the fact that Milan didn't complete the 2009 summer transfer period by the end of June doesn't suit you, but that doesn't justify making such a blatantly false statement (whether you forgot or not) to make a false point.
Geez. :dontkn:
Read the above, boy. I don't have to mention everyone, nor do I need to.
When did I talk about us ONLY bringing in deadweight? I'm saying that the deadweight outweights the number of actual talented, young players we brought in. I've mentioned in my posts time and again which ones I consider talents, and which ones I consider deadweights. The fact that I've not mentioned some players in one post does not detract from the fact that I've mentioned them before in this forum. That you chose to take one single post and nitpick on minor details that have nothing to do with the main argument in question, makes your picking at insignificant things comment a farce. It's like your talking about $hit, when $hits coming outta your mouth man.
Youngsters suit me fine, I never said once in my posts that I prefer older players. I was always for the youngsters. I was pissed as hell Gorky got loaned out to Bordeaux on a stupid contract. You're tho one who just chooses to misinterpret everything I say to fit your statements. The one making blatantly false accusations here is you. You're the only one here that thinks I want the mercato to end in June, ONLY YOU. I never mentioned anything like that at all. The fact that you come up with those accusations makes you more of a blatant lier than any slight I make in not mentioning one or two names.
Now stop actiing like a child and just admit you were wrong.
Your can't argue about mistakes when you're making them in the first place.
Dutchie-Milan
10-07-2009, 14:18
Can we stop the stupid discussions,it looks like you are holding a competition to see who can keep doing what you are doing right now until the end,it looks rather like a sort of fight than a disscusion,stop please.
The formation for the Verona game according to TMW: Nesta and Silva in defence,Rhino,Ambro,Flamini in midfield,aaaand Slowdorf as trequertista behind Inzaghi and Ronaldinho.
How late will be the match played in Italy???
Dutchie-Milan
10-07-2009, 14:22
Milan seems to have been practising on set pieces in trainings.
The more i hear of the trainings of Leo,the more i start to believe everything will be fine,finally someone who knows excactly what our problems are,set pieces,Pirlo who needs to have a free role,attacking minded play,i think the change of tactics will have the biggest impact on our results,MARK MY WORD!
Dutchie-Milan
10-07-2009, 14:30
I already posted something about a rumour of us buying a youngster again from Treviso and now its ufficial,we bought Barbini from Treviso,he is a midfielder and 18 years old,he will join the Primavera squad,well if we dont become Scuddeto winners this season at least our Primavera squad will win it because it is overloaded with talent!
Dutchie-Milan
10-07-2009, 14:32
To bad Sampdoria signed Zauri from Lazio,i hoped they would take Oddo over from us
Milan seems to have been practising on set pieces in trainings.
The more i hear of the trainings of Leo,the more i start to believe everything will be fine,finally someone who knows excactly what our problems are,set pieces,Pirlo who needs to have a free role,attacking minded play,i think the change of tactics will have the biggest impact on our results,MARK MY WORD!
I agree Dutchie. Coaches normally try to play the game in the image of what they themselves used to play it as. As a fast attacker, I really expect Leo to know what the team is lacking in that department. I'm hoping that he won't be afraid to make the changes he sees necessary when the time comes to change tactics on the pitch.
Read the above, boy. I don't have to mention everyone, nor do I need to.
When did I talk about us ONLY bringing in deadweight? I'm saying that the deadweight outweights the number of actual talented, young players we brought in. I've mentioned in my posts time and again which ones I consider talents, and which ones I consider deadweights. The fact that I've not mentioned some players in one post does not detract from the fact that I've mentioned them before in this forum. That you chose to take one single post and nitpick on minor details that have nothing to do with the main argument in question, makes your picking at insignificant things comment a farce. It's like your talking about $hit, when $hits coming outta your mouth man.
Youngsters suit me fine, I never said once in my posts that I prefer older players. I was always for the youngsters. I was pissed as hell Gorky got loaned out to Bordeaux on a stupid contract. You're tho one who just chooses to misinterpret everything I say to fit your statements. The one making blatantly false accusations here is you. You're the only one here that thinks I want the mercato to end in June, ONLY YOU. I never mentioned anything like that at all. The fact that you come up with those accusations makes you more of a blatant lier than any slight I make in not mentioning one or two names.
Now stop actiing like a child and just admit you were wrong.
Your can't argue about mistakes when you're making them in the first place.
If you had any idea how much of a chuckle I get out of you trying to bash me by constantly referring to me as "boy" considering I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather. ;)
Look, here's what it boils down to. You said that Flamini and Borriello were the only players Milan had brought in the past two years who weren't "quick-fix old chess pieces." I pointed out that Pato and Silva have been brought in during the past two years and you've been either denying you said it or using things that have nothing to do with that particular statement to try to worm your way out of it ever since. You made the statement. You even quoted yourself making it. Grow up and live with it.
And please show me where I said that you stated a preference for older players? If that's what you think I said at any point during this ridiculous back-and-forth argument, then you need to learn to read.
Now please, just leave me alone before I put you on ignore. I tried just to respond reasonably to a couple of the things you said and you jumped down my throat because I didn't respond to everything you said and because I noted that you were wrong in the statement about Flamini and Borriello. So then I tried responding point-by-point and you weren't satisfied with that because you were still trying to make some mumbo jumbo argument that I should have realized you didn't actually mean what you said when you made a direct statement because of other things you've said in the forum (as if I had time to keep track of all the stupid things you say.) So if you're really the big man you claim to be, end it right here. Because I am. :gun:
Dutchie-Milan
10-07-2009, 14:42
I agree Dutchie. Coaches normally try to play the game in the image of what they themselves used to play it as. As a fast attacker, I really expect Leo to know what the team is lacking in that department. I'm hoping that he won't be afraid to make the changes he sees necessary when the time comes to change tactics on the pitch.
Indeed,knowing Carlo he would bring in a extra defender when we are leading 1-0 against teams like Catania in our own San Siro,Leo is at least attacking-minded and would bring in a extra attacker to finish off the game
Dutchie-Milan
10-07-2009, 14:55
I meant Varese,sorry got confused
If you had any idea how much of a chuckle I get out of you trying to bash me by constantly referring to me as "boy" considering I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather. ;)
Look, here's what it boils down to. You said that Flamini and Borriello were the only players Milan had brought in the past two years who weren't "quick-fix old chess pieces." I pointed out that Pato and Silva have been brought in during the past two years and you've been either denying you said it or using things that have nothing to do with that particular statement to try to worm your way out of it ever since. You made the statement. You even quoted yourself making it. Grow up and live with it.
And please show me where I said that you stated a preference for older players? If that's what you think I said at any point during this ridiculous back-and-forth argument, then you need to learn to read.
Now please, just leave me alone before I put you on ignore. I tried just to respond reasonably to a couple of the things you said and you jumped down my throat because I didn't respond to everything you said and because I noted that you were wrong in the statement about Flamini and Borriello. So then I tried responding point-by-point and you weren't satisfied with that because you were still trying to make some mumbo jumbo argument that I should have realized you didn't actually mean what you said when you made a direct statement because of other things you've said in the forum (as if I had time to keep track of all the stupid things you say.) So if you're really the big man you claim to be, end it right here. Because I am. :gun:
You still don't get it, and given I now know around what age you claim to be, I guess I really couldn't blame you. I'm not known for being politically correct all the time, nor do I feel I need to be. But maybe thats just my perk. All I've been doing is stating my displeasure at management for leaving the deadwood in the team, I have no idea how it could ever get interpreted into all those things simply because I mentioned a few names less.
But I digress. Any Rick, you really need to know who to pick fights with: I never once joined in on whether players should come early or late in the transfer mercato. The ones you were arguing about for some 20 pages, it wasn't me, and I have no idea how anything I said would even give you that idea. It wasn't me, man! It wasn't me!:pr115:
Anyway, it ends here. We may not understand or agree with each other, but I don't expect you love the club any less than I do. :gun:
You still don't get it, and given I now know around what age you claim to be, I guess I really couldn't blame you. I'm not known for being politically correct all the time, nor do I feel I need to be. But maybe thats just my perk. All I've been doing is stating my displeasure at management for leaving the deadwood in the team, I have no idea how it could ever get interpreted into all those things simply because I mentioned a few names less.
But I digress. Any Rick, you really need to know who to pick fights with: I never once joined in on whether players should come early or late in the transfer mercato. The ones you were arguing about for some 20 pages, it wasn't me, and I have no idea how anything I said would even give you that idea. It wasn't me, man! It wasn't me!:pr115:
Anyway, it ends here. We may not understand or agree with each other, but I don't expect you love the club any less than I do. :gun:
Good enough. You still don't seem to understand that the only thing I really had a beef with was that one statement (and not anything to do with Emerson or Ba or whether the transfers came in June or August), but apparently neither of us are going to understand the other on this matter. So be it.
We'll consider the matter closed and hopefully can be friends from here on (I'm certainly not one to hold a grudge, even for a single day). :v103:
Good enough. You still don't seem to understand that the only thing I really had a beef with was that one statement (and not anything to do with Emerson or Ba or whether the transfers came in June or August), but apparently neither of us are going to understand the other on this matter. So be it.
We'll consider the matter closed and hopefully can be friends from here on (I'm certainly not one to hold a grudge, even for a single day). :v103:
I can't believe I'm sounding so corny:ilol:
Cheers mate!:cheers:
I can't believe I'm sounding so corny:ilol:
Cheers mate!:cheers:
Cheers! :cheers:
:1ole:
MiamiMilanista
10-07-2009, 15:41
This morning it was reported that there were three possibilities for Eto'o - Man City, Man U, and Milan.
Man City have officially pulled out. I know this is a reach, but does anyone think something is going on for Milan to get him? I know his fee is high, his wages are high, etc. BUT this seems very much like the situation from last year. The papers were screaming Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor. Next thing we know, Dinho signs. Maybe the same for this year: Fabiano, Fabiano, Fabiano, Fabiano, Eto'o signs ????
I know this is very much far from the cheapskates that mgmt looks like right now, but to me, I would be happy with this:
------Dinho--------Eto'o---------Pato------
I'm not sure many on here would not be happy with it.
Hasan Rossonero
10-07-2009, 15:55
This morning it was reported that there were three possibilities for Eto'o - Man City, Man U, and Milan.
Man City have officially pulled out. I know this is a reach, but does anyone think something is going on for Milan to get him? I know his fee is high, his wages are high, etc. BUT this seems very much like the situation from last year. The papers were screaming Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor. Next thing we know, Dinho signs. Maybe the same for this year: Fabiano, Fabiano, Fabiano, Fabiano, Eto'o signs ????
I know this is very much far from the cheapskates that mgmt looks like right now, but to me, I would be happy with this:
------Dinho--------Eto'o---------Pato------
I'm not sure many on here would not be happy with it.
I would be ecstatic. Eto'o is a player who shows up in big games and has a great scoring record. It would also allay the fears of those who think we lack pace (like me).
However, he did have a lot of friction with Ronaldinho at Barcelona. Also, it really depends on what kind of contract we can offer him.
hitmannq8
10-07-2009, 15:56
I for one would rather Eto'o over Huntelaar and Fabiano. He's the same age as Fabiano, a two-time CL winner, and has experience all over. He has speed, he can dribble, his finish might be a bit off though.
I'd rather have Fabiano.
It doesn't make sense, anyway. Going for Etoo (who would demand an outrageous contract) while letting Kaka go and flirting with Pirlo leaving for budgetary reasons. It will never happen.
I'd rather have Fabiano.
It doesn't make sense, anyway. Going for Etoo (who would demand an outrageous contract) while letting Kaka go and flirting with Pirlo leaving for budgetary reasons. It will never happen.
I agree. On top of that, I also don't want (potential) trouble makers in the locker room, considering the recent retirement of Maldini.
To me, Eto'o is the best striker in the world for the last 3 years.
The only problem with him could be high paycheck demand and maybe his temper....???
I have a feeling that Man Utd could snap him though
To me, Eto'o is the best striker in the world for the last 3 years.
The only problem with him could be high paycheck demand and maybe his temper....???
The main problem is that his next 3 seasons wont be as good as his previous 3.
The main problem is that his next 3 seasons wont be as good as his previous 3.
If it is a reason not to take Eto'o (if I read between the lines, it's because of his age ?), then let's not take Luis Fabiano too ...
Anyway, I don't know who I would prefer in Milan as all these players we're linked with have different characteristics and they all have something that others haven't (either positive and negative for all of them). And like our formation is probably going to change, this so-called "big target man" isn't really what we need now. We just need a striker able to play with his head, and Eto'o, Huntelaar, Dzeko and Luis Fabiano are all able to do it ... so ??
Samaldinho
10-07-2009, 17:33
Gabriel, when it comes to our midfield, I think we are far closer in opinion than text allows. I think this concept applies to everyone on this forum, we fight about little things and small parts of arguments and focus on that, rather than the real issue and we generally agree that we are not satisfied with the team and are all worried about whether the team can be successful next season.
I am optimistic, but I also think that Milan is a team that is in its final phase of transition. There are players here who I think have entered the last year of their peak and are entering the finals stages of decline. Gattuso has the fight to stay ontop past his prime, and Pirlo has never really relied upon his physical powers to play his kind of game.
However, Flamini will probably phase Ambro or Gattuso out. Look for Milan to look at Cigarini or D'Agostino next year, as Milan has the attitude of watching players for quite a while before actually getting them. Sometimes this bites us in the ass and we lose the player, but it usually makes us certain of what we are buying.
Leonardo needs to have players that have been to the top before. They might not be the best right now, but I think we'd be doing more harm to give Leonardo a new group, or even a group that is very new, because that would only make Leonardo's job even harder.
The truth is I really am worried about Nesta's health. The new LB is secondary, as I have some faith in Janku (though I'm sure that will turn to screaming at the TV later in the year) but really, if Nesta is fit, at least for 75% of our games, Milan will do well. Our season will truly be down to the fitness of Nesta and Ronaldinho. I wonder if Galli will be able to get us a good CB in the winter should Nesta break down.. Thoughts?
I'm certain that we will get a CB if Nesta breaks down. That's not something i'm worried about.
I am getting a little anxious in waiting for Galliani to make his move. I know he's playing the waiting game, but I want Cissokho. I'm reaching the point where I want him and no one else. If we don't get him, I think we would have made a huge mistake.
I've always said that the transition would take two years. Plugging the holes this year (CB, LB, CF) and replacing the dead weights next year (GK, CM, CB+ and CF). It's going to take a while, and the faster we realize that the easier the season will become.
johncharles365
10-07-2009, 17:46
Samaldinho I wouldn't be too sure about cigarini or dagostino both players will have a commitment to their new clubs napoli and real/juve/inter. it might be better for milan to focus on montolivo or hernanes as a replacement for Pirlo if he leaves. As for Flamini phasing out gattuso and ambrosini it may be a strong possibility but i would predict flamini dominating the position with ambrosini making a occasional appearance Flamini is an awesome player and still believe Milan obtained him on a free transfer. If leonardo is at the beginning of a new transfer policy of younger cheaper players than i would guess that you are not going to see the ronaldinhos and ronaldos and zambrottas being transferred into Milan i would surmise that players like cissokho and dzeko will be sought after under the transfer policy fabiano really is a short term solution to appease the fans, can vastly help to win trophies and provides a replacement for inzargi.
Samaldinho
10-07-2009, 18:17
Maybe not D'Agostino, but Milan has shown in the past that we wait for players before really grabbing onto them, many times a year after we've been linked. Zambro went to Barca for two years first, Janku stayed at Udinese for another year before we finally got him and so on and so forth.
But now that I think about it, I am talking about old Milan. A Milan that used to buy Italian. I am not Italian and I do not like supremacist or semi-European prejudiced views that Europeans are the best. I think that with the wealth of talent in Italy, I just think it'd be cheaper to go after Cigarini, Bochetti, Criscito, Marco Motta, and others than it would be pursuing Cissoko, Vidic, and others.
Am I the only person who hopes that this Carlos Eduardo news is true? He is a very direct player, and very reminiscent of a certain Brazilian we used to have. Does anyone know how real this link is?
If it is a reason not to take Eto'o (if I read between the lines, it's because of his age ?), then let's not take Luis Fabiano too ...
Anyway, I don't know who I would prefer in Milan as all these players we're linked with have different characteristics and they all have something that others haven't (either positive and negative for all of them). And like our formation is probably going to change, this so-called "big target man" isn't really what we need now. We just need a striker able to play with his head, and Eto'o, Huntelaar, Dzeko and Luis Fabiano are all able to do it ... so ??
Only a week ago, Fabiano was backup of a backup of a backup. :kap:
naif1980
10-07-2009, 19:03
A SEEDORF/Mr. 4-TIME CL winner fan. You must be the first one I met in years.
You say that Seedorf is 34 and can still gives a lot to the team. Well, what had he done for the team since he was 32? NOTHING.
As for Favalli, personally I don't mind him as a backup player, but I would rather have that spot for guys like Darmian or Alberterzzi. ESP in games in Coppa Italia.
most of milan players in the last two years weren`t good and that is because the whole team is not playin well and not because seedorf is bad, and the one who is responsible for that is Anceloti, he insists to play the same tactics and same football and didnt give the chance to many players such as ( flamin, olviera, Gourcuff) even when he used to be juvemtus coach, he didnt give Trezequet chance who became one of the most important strikers with Lippi.
ACMILAN1983
10-07-2009, 19:30
I find it really interesting that a number of posters are really keen on us getting Cissokho, so much so he's being viewed as a huge signing. Considering most, including myself, hadn't really heard or seen much of him prior to our original agreement with Porto, I think it's kind of strange. At the same time, I must admit I genuinely want the transfer to go through, as I just get a very strong feeling he was a very good buy and could be a player which we're looking for to fill what has been a large void over the past few years.
As for the Eto'o rumours, I doubt he'd be bought as his wages would be huge which would go directly against our current policy.
Carlos Eduardo has also been linked to us as has been posted, but again, I have my hesitations and really am not sure I see the point of the transfer.
I really just want Galliani to make 3 moves now with Cissokho, Santacroce (or another defender of similar quality and potential) and a top level forward. It's a shame I don't even see that much coming in this summer.
More positively, I do feel Leonardo's new approach has seemingly added a fresh air to the club. The players appear to be responding well and all of the comments made so far really sound much more like what we want to hear.
OCmilano
10-07-2009, 19:58
lets sign this guy again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IoixbzudoU&feature=popt00us13
Quite honestly, I cant quite grasp why Samuel is even on the agenda. Firstly, Milan wants to buy with a MASSIVE eye on the budget, secondly, we are looking for a CLINICAL hitman!
Hunterlaar and Fabiano fit this bill far more perfectly than Eto'o.
Not only will his price inflate to more than that of Dzeko's, but his wage demands will be comparable to that of Kaka's when he was at Milan......
So it that regard, yes, he is a direct replacemnt of Kaka in expenses lol!
I find it really interesting that a number of posters are really keen on us getting Cissokho, so much so he's being viewed as a huge signing. Considering most, including myself, hadn't really heard or seen much of him prior to our original agreement with Porto, I think it's kind of strange. At the same time, I must admit I genuinely want the transfer to go through, as I just get a very strong feeling he was a very good buy and could be a player which we're looking for to fill what has been a large void over the past few years.
As for the Eto'o rumours, I doubt he'd be bought as his wages would be huge which would go directly against our current policy.
Carlos Eduardo has also been linked to us as has been posted, but again, I have my hesitations and really am not sure I see the point of the transfer.
I really just want Galliani to make 3 moves now with Cissokho, Santacroce (or another defender of similar quality and potential) and a top level forward. It's a shame I don't even see that much coming in this summer.
More positively, I do feel Leonardo's new approach has seemingly added a fresh air to the club. The players appear to be responding well and all of the comments made so far really sound much more like what we want to hear.
My concern is the lack of replacments for Dihno. Let's be honest with oursleves, it is HIGHLY unlikely Dihno will have a free uniterrupted season. Only replacements then are Seedorf (has lost his touch) and DiGenarro (prefers to be a striker). Unless Leo changes the tactical sytem just due to the abscene of Dihno, we need another back-up playmaker.....
Any coach will add fresh air to a club, especially one which has been rotting away for the last two seasons under Carlo...... That being said, I am excited by the attacking way in which leo wants to play. Only concern is that Galliani is not willing to buy the players necessary to suit Leo, and that will screw things up. I am betting Leo is still awaiting the arrival of a winger, which will never occur....
Your thoughts?
ZvonimirBoban
10-07-2009, 20:17
I for one would rather Eto'o over Huntelaar and Fabiano. He's the same age as Fabiano, a two-time CL winner, and has experience all over. He has speed, he can dribble, his finish might be a bit off though.
But he may cost more transfer fee and wage than Huntelaar and Fabiano combined together.
But he may cost more transfer fee and wage than Huntelaar and Fabiano combined together.
There is a certain amount of pros and cons for Eto;o coming to our club, but at the end of the day, unless Barca would offer a 75 %discount, Eto'o will not arrive. the only chance is that he becomes a free agent at the end of this season, but a year closer to 30 and his golden years, we will still have to pay him high wages....
At this stage, I want Fabiano over all other options as well. Etoo is a great player, but he is a mix between a second striker and a first striker. And if we want a physical striker who will push big defenders around, then he doesnt fit the bill.
And we really really need a new left back. We are well covered on the right with Zambro, but Marek is a liability. The only other option if we don't get any wingbacks would be to start Zambro on the left and Oddo on the right, then we can still slot Marek in at left midfield.
And lastly, I wonder, if we play a midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, Marek----what happens to our new captain? On the bench?
At this stage, I want Fabiano over all other options as well. Etoo is a great player, but he is a mix between a second striker and a first striker. And if we want a physical striker who will push big defenders around, then he doesnt fit the bill.
And we really really need a new left back. We are well covered on the right with Zambro, but Marek is a liability. The only other option if we don't get any wingbacks would be to start Zambro on the left and Oddo on the right, then we can still slot Marek in at left midfield.
And lastly, I wonder, if we play a midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, Marek----what happens to our new captain? On the bench?
I've already been wondering about Ambrosini because I think Flamini should be in there somewhere.
And I'm definitely on the Fabiano bandwagon. Ideally, I'd like to buy him this summer and then exercise that 20 million euro option in Dzeko's contract next summer.
I've already been wondering about Ambrosini because I think Flamini should be in there somewhere.
And I'm definitely on the Fabiano bandwagon. Ideally, I'd like to buy him this summer and then exercise that 20 million euro option in Dzeko's contract next summer.
Yeah exactly. If Flamini keeps improving like he has, and Gatusso gets back, it will be hard for the captain to be a starter wihtout having an overly defesive midfield..... Was Maldini on the bench often as captain?
hitmannq8
11-07-2009, 01:19
maybe we should try and resign Ronaldo......
maybe we should try and resign Ronaldo......
Hmmmmmm, I think we struggling enough to keep in Dihno in check and shape to add another overweight Brazilian. Can't take away his great form though....
Gabriel489
11-07-2009, 02:53
It will be too funny if R99 is back with Milan. Then maybe Rivaldo will come inorder to re-create the 3Rs of Brazil back in WC 2002.
ACMILAN1983
11-07-2009, 03:37
My concern is the lack of replacments for Dihno. Let's be honest with oursleves, it is HIGHLY unlikely Dihno will have a free uniterrupted season. Only replacements then are Seedorf (has lost his touch) and DiGenarro (prefers to be a striker). Unless Leo changes the tactical sytem just due to the abscene of Dihno, we need another back-up playmaker.....
Any coach will add fresh air to a club, especially one which has been rotting away for the last two seasons under Carlo...... That being said, I am excited by the attacking way in which leo wants to play. Only concern is that Galliani is not willing to buy the players necessary to suit Leo, and that will screw things up. I am betting Leo is still awaiting the arrival of a winger, which will never occur....
Your thoughts?
Di Gennaro has traditionally been an attacking midfielder and really as far as I'm aware only been used as a striker in more recent years. Whether he's adequate cover for Dinho is a different matter, and I agree we do need cover (if not a starter) for Dinho's role. Unfortunately, it just seems VERY unlikely to happen and for me is the 4th most pressing matter atm, after a striker, CB and FB.
The other roles I've mentioned are areas we've been very we've been lacking over the past 2-3 years and need to sort out. We need a striker of high quality and a physical presence. We've currently only got Borri who has injury fears and until now has only had one good campaign in his career, at the age of 27. A defender is also a must, given our poor defence last season and the risks involved with Nesta and Thiago. If we don't sort it out then we may have another season of a patchwork defence like last year. Finally, the wingbacks are very weak. Only Zambro, who is no longer a world class player, is of the quality we need to be competitive in these areas. If Cissokho comes, it would be a big bet, but at least we'd be looking to develop potentially great players into the wingback roles.
It's not so much nice to see the fresh air Leo's brought in, but rather the fact that he's brought new enthusiasm into the squad. We're talking with confidence, but at the same time we're talking as though a lot of work will be done, while at the same time during Carlo's years it was always talk about having to work hard on fitness and feeling extremely drained ahead of the new season.
Di Gennaro has traditionally been an attacking midfielder and really as far as I'm aware only been used as a striker in more recent years. Whether he's adequate cover for Dinho is a different matter, and I agree we do need cover (if not a starter) for Dinho's role. Unfortunately, it just seems VERY unlikely to happen and for me is the 4th most pressing matter atm, after a striker, CB and FB.
The other roles I've mentioned are areas we've been very we've been lacking over the past 2-3 years and need to sort out. We need a striker of high quality and a physical presence. We've currently only got Borri who has injury fears and until now has only had one good campaign in his career, at the age of 27. A defender is also a must, given our poor defence last season and the risks involved with Nesta and Thiago. If we don't sort it out then we may have another season of a patchwork defence like last year. Finally, the wingbacks are very weak. Only Zambro, who is no longer a world class player, is of the quality we need to be competitive in these areas. If Cissokho comes, it would be a big bet, but at least we'd be looking to develop potentially great players into the wingback roles.
It's not so much nice to see the fresh air Leo's brought in, but rather the fact that he's brought new enthusiasm into the squad. We're talking with confidence, but at the same time we're talking as though a lot of work will be done, while at the same time during Carlo's years it was always talk about having to work hard on fitness and feeling extremely drained ahead of the new season.
If i was MGT., striaght after the sales of Kaka and GOurcuff, I would have bought two Cb's to seal the major chink in our armour for atleast two years now, our patchwork defense as you said yourself.... That is what has dissapointed me the most. I am confident that every other area of our field would cope fine, but at its current state, our defense would let the team down once again next season, and prevent Milan from reaching its full potential. Why can't Galliani see this. He should have bought the necessary defenders months ago..... Having many defenders is not the same for milan as having too many attckers. It is actaully good, since a quarter of our CBs have serious injury clouds. Perhaps a quarter is a serious understatement!
Remember, we will have plenty more games to play this season due to our involvment in the UEFA champions League, and considering how we coped for injuries in last season's Seire A campaign alone........
Kalstroem6
11-07-2009, 04:04
Di Gennaro can play on flanks,regista,trequartista and striker but he matures slowly and his progress is not like Paloschi's,its slow as well.as much as i like his skills,i dont like it,he doesnt fight on the pitch as he should,lets not forget if you dont fight,talent is nothing.
Lets look at what we have for this season.
finished and old player,totaly passed their best.
Dida,inzaghi,Seedorf,Ronaldinho(just finished),Zambrotta(old and passed his best),Kalac,
Ambrosini(was always a normal player for me,now old),jankulovski(old and passed his best,not natural LB,not dynamic enough for LB,both defensively and offensively he sucks)
Oddo,Favalli e.t.c.
Crap players;(not Milan class)
Kaladze,Bonera,Borriello(1 good season in his all carreer) e.t.c.
question marks;
Abate(as a squad player,he is okay),Di Gennaro.
baby young players;maybe we can have a chance for scudetto 2014 when they grow up.we just sign strikers,probably we'll sign Luis Fabiano,its impossible for this kids to find their chance when they have many striker for one spot,in front of them,Albertazzi and Darmian wont have their chance as well.the only young player who have their chance are Di Gennaro and Abate.we are re-building the squad with young players?
our status is sooo bad,especially we just have 3 players(young and quality,in their prime),Pato,Flamini,T.Silva.
we are just good on CB's,as Nesta and T.Silva and Onyewu as their reserve.also we look good on DM's thanks to Rino and Flamini.
Pato on right flank is another question,for Ronaldinho,they will cause the best player's underperforming.Also Pato dont wanna play there.
i also think 4-2-3-1 suits more to us than 4-3-3.
============Gattuso=======Flamini/Pirlo==================
Abate==========Ronaldinho/Di Gennaro==============Pato===
===================Luis Fabiano========================
Pato also wants to play at left.
Di Gennaro can play on flanks,regista,trequartista and striker but he matures slowly and his progress is not like Paloschi's,its slow as well.as much as i like his skills,i dont like it,he doesnt fight on the pitch as he should,lets not forget if you dont fight,talent is nothing.
Lets look at what we have for this season.
finished and old player,totaly passed their best.
Dida,inzaghi,Seedorf,Ronaldinho(just finished),Zambrotta(old and passed his best),Kalac,
Ambrosini(was always a normal player for me,now old),jankulovski(old and passed his best,not natural LB,not dynamic enough for LB,both defensively and offensively he sucks)
Oddo,Favalli e.t.c.
Crap players;(not Milan class)
Kaladze,Bonera,Borriello(1 good season in his all carreer) e.t.c.
question marks;
Abate(as a squad player,he is okay),Di Gennaro.
baby young players;maybe we can have a chance for scudetto 2014 when they grow up.we just sign strikers,probably we'll sign Luis Fabiano,its impossible for this kids to find their chance when they have many striker for one spot,in front of them,Albertazzi and Darmian wont have their chance as well.the only young player who have their chance are Di Gennaro and Abate.we are re-building the squad with young players?
our status is sooo bad,especially we just have 3 players(young and quality,in their prime),Pato,Flamini,T.Silva.
we are just good on CB's,as Nesta and T.Silva and Onyewu as their reserve.also we look good on DM's thanks to Rino and Flamini.
Pato on right flank is another question,for Ronaldinho,they will cause the best player's underperforming.Also Pato dont wanna play there.
i also think 4-2-3-1 suits more to us than 4-3-3.
============Gattuso=======Flamini/Pirlo==================
Abate==========Ronaldinho/Di Gennaro==============Pato===
===================Luis Fabiano========================
Pato also wants to play at left.
You are very harsh and pessimistic mate, but in some repsects, I don't blame you...
The line-up you listed above is actaully more quality than you realise, and we actaully have more depth than you realise...
The problem is the defense, as many of the players such as Kaladze and Bonera are not up to milan standard. Many are vastly unknown talents (Silva, Onyewu) and others have major injury clouds. Also, yes, we have far too many deadweights...
With a crappy defensive unit and no quality CB/FBs coming in, expect Albertazzi to make apperances. though Darmian? I don't like what I have seen of him....
Maltese Charlie
11-07-2009, 05:04
It will be too funny if R99 is back with Milan. Then maybe Rivaldo will come inorder to re-create the 3Rs of Brazil back in WC 2002.
Gabriel, it will be funny yes, BUT it is not Leonardo's vision.
The WC 2002 Brazilian team is too young for our coach.:D
Our Model team is the WC 1982 Brazilian team, so players like Falcao, Zico, Junior, Socrates and Cerezo will siutes us more!!!!!:sagrin:
and our opponents will need only 1 player like Paolo Rossi to beat us. :1avs:
I think the seven (eight) sisters are back.
Inter, Juve, Milan, Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli, Palermo and Genoa all have great strength and can plausibly win the championship.
Palermo just bought Pastore and look set to keep Kjaer and the rest of their stars. Genoa is frightening even without Milito and Thiago Motta. Napoli will want to live up to their potential, and they will keep their stars (Lavezzi, Hamsik, Santa) and Fiorentina in my opinion has far exceeded Roma and is likely to be the favorite for the 4th spot.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 4 (Palermo, Genoa, Napoli, Fiorentina) are challenging the top two right to the last few games of the season. That would be incredible for Serie A. Imagine what would happen once the collective TV rights program sets in. I think its great.
I can't wait!
Maltese Charlie
11-07-2009, 05:19
OOOps here it is. If you don't believe me. :p017:
'A noi del Brasile '82 piace il Leo-Milan'
10:15 del 11 luglio
Le copie non sono mai belle come gli originali, ma questa volta, se anche soltanto ci si avvicinasse un po’, Leonardo sarebbe contentissimo. Il nuovo allenatore del Milan non ha mai nascosto il suo modello di squadra: il Brasile del 1982 guidato dal c.t. Telé Santana. Quello, per intenderci, che noi azzurri battemmo 3-2 con una tripletta di Pablito Rossi al Sarrià di Barcellona. Quella Seleçao era fantastica, divertimento puro. Era il Brasile di Junior, Falcao, Socrates, Cerezo, Zico e, purtroppo per loro, anche del centravanti Serginho, uno che non la buttava mai dentro. "Il mio sogno è arrivare a quel livello di calcio" ha ripetuto recentemente Leonardo. (Gazzeta dello sport)
Lets be honest, it is nice to hear that our coach dream is to reach this level,
but it is much easier said than done.
Wish him luck!!!!
johncharles365
11-07-2009, 05:20
Zambrotta isn't passed it he may of lost a yard of pace but still is a very good player he can be very effective if used in the right way, I do worry for the defence i can't see kaladze oddo zambrotta offering anything in the future. Milan do lack younger players especially in the side back antonini is really the only long term player in the team unless albertazzi is fantastic in that position.
as for the younger milan players have quite a lot of quality it just needs developing like most italian you won't see them beginning to peak until age 25 and over unless they have some exceptional qualities like Del pero and Maldini.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why don't we sign Nedved?
Maltese Charlie
11-07-2009, 05:30
Where are you Guys?
Lost?
Let me bring you HOPE:D
Braida in Brasile tratta per Hernanes
Ore decisive per Luis Fabiano. L'attaccante brasiliano resta il primo obiettivo del Milan anche se i rossoneri non sono disposti a tirare fuori quanto chiede il Siviglia. Ma il procuratore dell'attaccante, Fuentes, ha fatto sapere che il club spagnolo è pronto ad abbassare la cifra fino a 18 milioni. Intanto Ariedo Braida in Brasile sta lavorando sul fronte Hernanes, vecchio "pallino" di Leonardo.
L'affare per portare a Milano Luis Fabiano sembra davvero a un passo. Innanzitutto perché l'attaccante ha dichiarato senza mezzi termini, di voler indossare la maglia rossonera e poi perché la dirigenza rossonera farà di tutto per mettere a segno il primo colpo di mercato. Ormai, quindi si tratta soltanto sui soldi. Il Milan non è disposto a sborsare quanto richiesto dal Siviglia (30 milioni di euro)
Ma l'agente del giocatore ha fatto sapere nelle ultime ore che il club spagnolo è disposto a scendere a 18, cifra che i rossoneri sarebbero disposti a spendere. Intanto Ariedo Braida, approfittando anche del matrimonio di Pato si fermato in Brasile per seguire alcuni giocatori. E fra questi ci sarebbe anche Hernanes.
E così, dopo le polemiche (all'offerta del Milan il direttore generale del San Paolo Jesus Lopes aveva risposto che il Milan per Hernanes offriva banane) il club di via Turati torna trattare per il centrocampista del San Paolo che tanto piace a Leonardo.
11 luglio 200911:12
johncharles365
11-07-2009, 05:42
I hope so if Milan get Hernanes and Fabiano for the loss of Kaka that isn't a bad return i just hope that this article turns out to be accurate god knows what would have happened Milan brought Adebayor and Crouch.
ZvonimirBoban
11-07-2009, 05:44
translation please? not everybody knows Italian.
....There goes Pirlo....
Edit: Here-
The Milan comes out into the open. Il viaggio di Ariedo Braida in Brasile, ufficialmente per presenziare al matrimonio dell'attaccante rossonero Alexandre Pato (20), aveva come scopo principale avvicinarsi al centrocampista del San Paolo Hernanes (24) e monitorare anche altri giovani sudamericani. The trip Ariedo Braida in Brazil, officially to attend the marriage dell'attaccante rossonero Alexandre Pato (20), had as its main goal to close the St. Paul midfielder Hernanes (24) and also monitor other young South Americans. Come riporta Mediaset , dopo le polemiche (all'offerta del Milan il direttore generale del San Paolo Jesus Lopes aveva risposto che il Milan per Hernanes offriva banane) il club di via Turati torna a trattare per il centrocampista del San Paolo che tanto piace a Leonardo, soprattutto se Andrea Pirlo (30) dovesse lasciare Milano per raggiungere Ancelotti al Chelsea. As reported by Mediaset, after the controversial (to run the general manager of the St. Paul Lopes Jesus had replied that the Milan Hernanes offered for bananas), the club of via Turati back a deal for the midfielder to the San Paolo so much like a Leonardo , especially when Andrea Pirlo (30) was to leave Milan for Chelsea to reach Ancelloti
I think the seven (eight) sisters are back.
Inter, Juve, Milan, Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli, Palermo and Genoa all have great strength and can plausibly win the championship.
Palermo just bought Pastore and look set to keep Kjaer and the rest of their stars. Genoa is frightening even without Milito and Thiago Motta. Napoli will want to live up to their potential, and they will keep their stars (Lavezzi, Hamsik, Santa) and Fiorentina in my opinion has far exceeded Roma and is likely to be the favorite for the 4th spot.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 4 (Palermo, Genoa, Napoli, Fiorentina) are challenging the top two right to the last few games of the season. That would be incredible for Serie A. Imagine what would happen once the collective TV rights program sets in. I think its great.
I can't wait!
Yes, you are quite right. Milan will need a solid defenisve unit if they are not to struggle against these traditionally weaker teams. The competition is levelling considerably:
OFFICIAL: Palermo Sign 'Argentinean Kaka', Javier Pastore, On Five-Year Deal
The Sicilian outfit have completed the transfer of Pastore after his contract was rubber-stamped by the Italian football authorities...
11 Jul 2009 10:23:16
Palermo have signed Argentinean midfielder Javier Pastore from Huracan on a five-year deal, the club has announced.
The Rosanero have been deep in negotiations to land the attacking playmaker and they have finally got their man. The move is being seen as a major coup as Palermo beat of stiff competition from major European clubs for the 20-year-old, who is considered to be the 'Argentinean Kaka' by many.
A note on the club's official website states, "US Citta di Palermo would like to communicate that the contract of Javier Pastore has been deposited with the Lega Nazionale Professionisti [the Italian football league].
"His contract expires on June 30, 2014."
Pastore was an instrumental figure in his side's second-place finish in the just completed Argentine Clausura. He is considered by many as a future world-beater.
Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
ZvonimirBoban
11-07-2009, 06:31
this guy is supposed to be the next Messi for Argentina... when he signs to Palermo, I start to believe that he isn't.
jvig12183
11-07-2009, 06:51
can someone help me out with the rule against bringing in player's without a EU passport. I thought a team was only allowed to bring in 2 players who do not have an EU passport. Milan have already brought in Silva and seemingly Fabiano is on his way. That being the case they wouldnt be able to sign Hernanes also, unless he has a passport which I dont think he does
....There goes Pirlo....
As much as I love Pirlo and think he still has a few good years left in the tank, I'd definitely take that trade at this point. No doubt he's on the downside of his career, while for Hernanes -- the world is his oyster.
Now whether or not he can live up to this sort of hype is another matter:
hernanes is world’s most promising
Brazilian midfielder Hernanes is a pretty awesome cara. I met him once and he’s got that whole laidback “let’s chill” persona about him… plus he jokes a lot too which makes him popular among the selecao.
Now the English press (no kidding) has elected him as the ‘Most Promising Player in World Football’, comparing his pace to Kaka’s. This follows his individual honours in the Brasileirao Awards a few months ago. And they’re also wondering when Hernanes will make that crucial move to Europe.
See the complete list under the cut. We’ve highlighted some of our picks!
2. Karim Benzema (France / Lyon)
3. David Silva (Spain / Valencia)
4. Radamel Falcao Garcia (Colombia / River Plate)
5. Douglas Costa (Brazil / Gremio)
6. Jack Wilshere (England / Arsenal)
7. John Fleck (Scotland / Rangers)
8. Jozy Altidore (USA / Villarreal)
9. Fabio Da Silva (Brazil / Manchester United)
10. Claudio Marchisio (Italy / Juventus)
11. Carlos Eduardo (Brazil / Hoffenheim)
12. Marek Hamsik (Slovakia / Napoli)
13. Steve Mandanda (France / Marseille)
14. Ezequiel Lavezzi (Argentina / Napoli)
15. Sofiane Feghouli (France / Grenoble)
16. Diego Buonanotte (Argentina / River Plate)
17. Adam Johnson (England / Middlesbrough)
18. Angel Di Maria (Argentina / Manchester United)
19. Mario Balotelli (Italy / Internazionalle)
20. Thiago Silva (Brazil / Milan)
21. Nathan Delfouneso (England / Aston Villa)
22. Kieran Westwood (Ireland v Coventry City)
23. Hoarau Guillaume (France / Paris Saint-Germain)
24. Piet Velthuizen (Netherlands / Vitesse)
25. Andre-Pierre GIGNAC (France / Toulouse)
26. Mark Noble (England / West Ham)
27. Mounir El Hamdaoui (Morocco / AZ Alkmaar)
28. Fabian Delph (England / Leeds United)
29. Jack Collison (Wales / West Ham)
30. Masala Bugduv (Moldova / Olimpia Balti)
31. Jose Baxter (England / Everton)
32. Robert Lewandowski (Poland / Lech Poznan)
33. Dan Gosling (England / Everton)
34. Sebastian Giovinco (Italy / Juventus)
35. Sergio Romero (Argentina / AZ Alkmaar)
36. Kyle Naughton (England / Sheffield United)
37. Mesut Ozil (Germany / Werder Bremen)
38. Mark Beevers (England / Sheffield Wednesday)
39. Miranda (Brazil / Sao Paulo)
40. Lee Chung-yong (South Korea / FC Seoul)
41. Daniel Opare (Ghana / Real Madrid)
42. Victor Moses (England / Crystal Palace)
43. Patrik Ingelsten (Sweden / Heerenveen)
44. David McGoldrick (England / Southampton)
45. Rabiu Ibrahim (Nigeria / Sporting)
46. Sam Baldock (England / MK Dons)
47. Khalfan Ibrahim (Qatar / Al Sadd)
48. Shannon Cole (Australia / Sydney FC)
49. Will Buckley (England / Rochdale)
50. Ahmad Khalil (UAE / Al Ahly)
http://futbolita.com/2009/01/14/hernanes-is-worlds-most-promising/
ACMILAN1983
11-07-2009, 07:15
Wait, Hernanes' pace is compared to Kaka's? have these people watched him play? :confused:
Quite honestly that list looks like rubbish.
Anyway, Lyon are apparently still after Cissokho and are now apparently looking to get him for 12m.
Wait, Hernanes' pace is compared to Kaka's? have these people watched him play? :confused:
Quite honestly that list looks like rubbish.
Anyway, Lyon are apparently still after Cissokho and are now apparently looking to get him for 12m.
Well, it is from the English press, so what do you expect? :D
You would think Milan would be willing to go to 12 for Cissokho. But maybe not.
Here's an article that appeared in Footballing World in February that pretty well sums up Hernanes' talents and what he might bring to Milan if he comes:
Anderson Hernanes de Carvalho Andrade Lima – simply Hernanes to his mum – has shown sufficient promise to be hailed as Brazilian football’s ‘next big thing’. Quite some accolade, given the oceans of talent swilling around the grand old country. Thankfully, due to his preferred role as a deep-lying creative midfielder, the 23-year-old will side-step the unfortunate comparisons with the likes of Pele, Garrincha or even Ronaldo, which up-and-coming Brazilian starlets routinely face.
One unavoidable comparison is often drawn, however. Right now, Kaká belongs to Jesus and to AC Milan (in that order). At the birth of his galactic career though, the one-time Manchester City target honed his inimitable skills at São Paulo; the club where Hernanes now occupies the role of creator-in-chief.
In reality, though, there aren’t all that many similarities between the two products of the Morumbi. While Kaká has made his name as a thrusting attacking midfielder or support striker, with unmatchable pace, power and composure, his successor is a player more in the mould of, say, Cesc Fabregas or Brazil’s USA 94 star Rai. In Hernanes, the requisite technical excellence of a Brazilian playmaker is allied to great mobility, vision and impressive ease on the ball with either foot.
South American football expert Tim Vickery reckons “there’s no one better in Brazilian football at the moment.” By way of confirmation, the young midfield maestro was named the Premio Craque do Brasileirao (domestic player of the year) and The Times’ no.1 ‘rising talent in football’ in 2008.
Wednesday evening’s entertaining Copa Libertadores clash with Independiente Medellín of Colombia showcased Hernanes’ exemplary talents. Throughout the close-fought game, the São Paulo no.10 was a constant thorn in the side of the visiting underdogs. With an upright, compact style, his shimmies, step-overs and surges earned a number of free-kicks and kept his opposite number fully engaged throughout.
At 5ft 11, he’s hardly a giant by modern football’s exacting standards, yet – like Cesc – Hernanes was seemingly born with the authority to direct a game with abundant simplicity and awareness. He’s not afraid to shoot either – a number of mid-to-long-range efforts (with both feet) troubled Independiente’s Paraguyan ‘keeper Aldo Bobadilla and the folks in Row Z alternately. Allied to the honest endeavours of omnipresent midfield partner Jean, Hernanes ensured that the flow of the game remained towards the Colombians’ goal.
The frustrating immobility of ex-international striker Washington, however, rendered much of São Paulo’s attacking efforts in vain. In fact the three-times continental champions looked likely to slip to a shock defeat before striker Borges scored this frankly ridiculous equaliser deep in to stoppage time: http://tinyurl.com/dhs567 (0:46 onwards). Muricy Ramalho’s team begin their quest for a fourth successive league title in May and they hope their brightest star (reportedly contracted until 2012) will remain at the hub of their challenge.
Already an Olympic bronze medallist – a tournament at which Brazil’s under-23s (plus Ronaldinho et al) were outclassed by Argentina and he came up short in the midfield battle with Real Madrid’s Fernando Gago – Hernanes has so far earned only a solitary senior international cap. The Seleção has, of late, lacked players to dictate the action from central midfield; instead relying on the prosaic toil of Gilberto Silva and Wolfsburg’s Josué.
A vacancy is certainly there to be filled at the heart of the world’s favourite team. To fully establish himself in Dunga’s plans for the 2010 World Cup, however, it’s fair to assume that the boy from Recife might now be entertaining thoughts of a move to Europe.
For every Brazilian success story among the habitual mass migration upon the opening of a European transfer window, there have been as many failures - abject or relative - who limp home with tail fixed firmly between legs. One such chastened returnee was Hernanes’ Olympic team cohort Thiago Silva, who flopped spectacularly with both FC Porto and then Dynamo Moscow. Yet, the versatile defender has since resurrected his career back home at Fluminense; impressing enough to encourage Milan to shell out €10m for his services.
He’ll be eligible to play for the rossoneri in July. Speculation is building that Hernanes might follow on Thiago Silva’s coat-tails to the San Siro as a potential successor to Andrea Pirlo – though surely the sublimely gifted Italian has much left to give, particularly at a club which has come to see itself as safe-haven for declining veterans. It’s the club where where Kaká was a near-immediate success upon his arrival from the Morumbi. It’s the club, too, where fledgling talents such as Patrick Vieira and, more recently, Yoann Gourcuff have slipped off the radar, only to resurface spectacularly elsewhere.
A move to Italy is far from a done deal. Barcelona is another possible destination – but with a league of exhilarating midfield stars already present at Camp Nou it would be a brave move for Hernanes to make in a World Cup year. For all the excitement about his obvious talent, there are still areas in his game which could be improved and honed to perfection upon a switch to a club at Europe’s top table. The hunt for Hernanes’ signature begins, in earnest, this summer.
http://www.footballingworld.com/2009/02/20/hot-property-hernanes-heading-for-europe-0220/
ZvonimirBoban
11-07-2009, 07:47
can someone help me out with the rule against bringing in player's without a EU passport. I thought a team was only allowed to bring in 2 players who do not have an EU passport. Milan have already brought in Silva and seemingly Fabiano is on his way. That being the case they wouldnt be able to sign Hernanes also, unless he has a passport which I dont think he does
Fabiano has EU passport, if I'm correct.
jvig12183
11-07-2009, 07:57
Fabiano has EU passport, if I'm correct.
ok, that makes sense, thanks. i was incorrect in thinking he didn't have one.
Now let's go out and get Hernanes
johncharles365
11-07-2009, 09:11
Fabiano definitely has a EU passport check the link out
http://www.footballdatabase.com/index.php?page=player&Id=1231&b=true&pn=Lu%C3%ADs_Fabiano_Clemente
Dutchie-Milan
11-07-2009, 09:24
any tranfernews except the hernanes saga?
naif1980
11-07-2009, 09:29
DALLA SPAGNA: "Milan e Luis Fabiano più vicini"
11.07 14:52 - Secondo quanto riportato da Eurosport potrebbe essere lunedì la giornata decisiva per portare in rossonero O Fabuloso. L'offerta del Milan di 14 milioni di euro ancora non convince del tutto il Siviglia ma il giocatore è quanto mai deciso a lasciare il club spagnolo per vestire la maglia del Milan.
it says that according to the Eurosport, that monday will be the decisive day to bring Fabiano, and milan offers 14milion , and the player wants to play for milan, lets hope that with a little increase maybe 17 sevilla will accept and of course galliani should pay more ..
the source:
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idnotizia=9008
Hernanes would be a dream. We totally need a player like him. He could play Pirlo's position, and could he play Ronaldinho's too? if he's called upon?
I'm happy Braida is negotiating for Hernanes, and not Galliani, cause Galliani would probably walk out of the deal right away.
As for Cissohko, they say talk is at a stand-still with Milan and Porto, so maybe we have an agreement, we just want to see if Porto can give us a better price. Either way maybe Milan will get him regardless, they are just trying to see if the price can go down.
Fabiano for our striker looks like the only option we really have. He's a good player, but not my first option, he's 29 he can play maybe another two years until maybe some of our youngsters get a bit older like Paloschi, then he'll come on the first team. Or maybe we can even make a move for Dzeko.
We don't seem to be very interested in a CB, which is my only concern. Nesta's very good, but at 33 if he couldn't stay healthy when he was younger I don't see him staying healthy at 33. But if he can, I'm all for it.
MiamiMilanista
11-07-2009, 10:25
If rumors that are whirling are true, we would line up like this:
----Dinho-----Fabiano-----Pato------
---Hernanes----Pirlo----Gattuso/Flamini--
---LB?----Thiago---Nesta----Zambro----
I would love Criscito for a great, cheap option in the back left
Gabriel489
11-07-2009, 10:30
If Hernanes comes Pirlo is gone.
Gio-mania
11-07-2009, 10:51
If rumors that are whirling are true, we would line up like this:
----Dinho-----Fabiano-----Pato------
---Hernanes----Pirlo----Gattuso/Flamini--
---LB?----Thiago---Nesta----Zambro----
I would love Criscito for a great, cheap option in the back left
I think the management said that our central defence pair would be Kaladze-Nesta....
We'll only get one "big" signing, and as our management has stated it is going to be an attacker. Tops 20M euros, no more. And it seems they will be splashed on Luis Fabiano....
He is a good player, but at 29 I feel like he will give us 2 years of good football, and then he will be over. He will still have a pretty high salary and be one of our many players in the retirement home which is AC Milan.
Also, I was reading La Gazzetta's transfer section (link here (http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/Italia/juventus-50522872061.shtml)) with the list of transfers and objectives. Juventus are interested in Oddo.
If rumors that are whirling are true, we would line up like this:
----Dinho-----Fabiano-----Pato------
---Hernanes----Pirlo----Gattuso/Flamini--
---LB?----Thiago---Nesta----Zambro----
I would love Criscito for a great, cheap option in the back left
Yeah, Pirlo would be gone though, and Ambrosini would probably be a starter since he is our captain, but who knows.
Leonardo will have new tactics, and it will be a refreshing Milan (atleast I think so).
I'd imagine a
------------------Abbiatti--------------
--Zambrotta-----Nesta----Silva-----Flamini------
----Abate----------Hernanes--------Ambrosini------
------------------Ronaldinho-----------------------
--------Fabiano--------------------Pato-----------
But some things are up in the air, if we sign a FB maybe Flamini will be in midfield. Leonardo seems to like Abate, maybe he will be a FB or work in Midfield, he is very fast, versatile and a hard worker. Pato wants to play of the left if I remember?
EDIT: After I posted that I just saw this:
Flamini: "I'm not a Fullback" Click Here (http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Milan/11-07-2009/seedorf-chiede-tempo-50736426830.shtml)
johncharles365
11-07-2009, 10:52
no offence miami milanista but Ambrosini is captain he will be on the pitch as starter for the majority of the games. Flamini is more likely to start than Gattuso and as for Pirlo if Hernanes comes than it is likely that Pirlo will be joining chelsea. i do love the idea of our left back being criscito he is amazing hopefully we can sign him if not santos is a good option.
Fabiano is actually 28. He won't be 29 until November.
And I don't think Ambrosini is guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup because he is captain. Obviously they're figuring on him being in the lineup, but if he plays poorly or even mediocre and somebody else steps to the forefront, I think (and hope) Leonardo will play the players that give Milan the best chance to win.
ZvonimirBoban
11-07-2009, 11:14
Oddo will do well at Juve.
You have to be kidding me? You want them to die? When they will die is not up to you, it's up to God.
no changed
Hasan Rossonero
11-07-2009, 11:42
Milan have offered 18 million euros now for Luis Fabiano. milannews.it
Gio-mania
11-07-2009, 11:44
i do love the idea of our left back being criscito he is amazing hopefully we can sign him if not santos is a good option.
Santon is an Interista so I would not expect him to join our team. Sure, Pirlo and Seedorf are two ex-inter player, but Santon is a product of their youth team, so I suppose he has more heart for Inter. Moreover, Moratti likes the kid, so I doubt they will sell him.
We prolly wont be getting a FB, anyways :cry:
Oddo will do well at Juve.
They can have him if we get Paolo De Ceglie in return :D
I've read Hernandes being mentioned alot here. Since some of you might have seen him play regularly, is he consistent?
johncharles365
11-07-2009, 12:03
no mate i meant andre santos we missed the opportunity to sign santon a year ago unless Inter mess him around or the club goes bankrupt he will probably never never be a milan player. Any way i would prefer at the moment to get criscito and motta as both seem to have loads of potiential and might suit leonardo framework. santon seems be suited to jose style of management and will unfortunately develop into a fantastic player for inter.
If another team pays (may be not loan) for Cissokho Galliani should really resign. There were at least 3 articles on the official site before the medical issues about him arriving, friendship with Porto, etc. If, for example, Lyon are willing to take a so-called risk at 3 or 5 million less...really we need new management
johncharles365
11-07-2009, 12:08
i actually feel sorry for jose for once moratti is insane to think that winning the champions league can be achieved with teams like liverpool chelsea real madrid and barcelona who looking very strong. quote 'failure is no a option' moratti is beginning to sound like stalin
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul11q.html
Hasan Rossonero
11-07-2009, 15:06
I think Moratti is dead on with his assessment. Mourinho wanted Quaresma, and look how well that worked out.
Huge props to Moratti for not cashing in on Ibra. Maybe his 70 million figure was too high, but he didn't act like our management. Good for him. If only we had someone who cared in that way about our club.
Dutchie-Milan
11-07-2009, 15:51
Can anyone tell how late the friendly begins tommorow in Italy please?
johncharles365
11-07-2009, 16:07
19.00 is when the match starts but there is a strong likely hood that it won't be televised the only channels likely to show it are Mediaset Premium and milan channel at midnight
Dutchie-Milan
11-07-2009, 16:27
thanx,i will try and look if i can watch it on internet the only channel from Italy i got is Rai Uno
Important news for MIlan is that Grosso, according to Grench media, will be Juve player soon. That means Lyon will find another good LB. Lyon, unlike Galliani, secures their players or is already in negotiations when they sell some of their players.
And we can expect Fabiano to be our player next week. MAybe the man will shine, like Toni is his late career. But this KAka'-Fabiano replacement is not what anyonw was hoping for.
Cissokho could be on his way to Lyon, then in 2 years his value will be 35mln if he is as good as Galliani bragged about when he "signed" him and as some people say to me.
Dutchie-Milan
11-07-2009, 17:00
Glad to see Grosso going to Juve he is a crap signing and Mrki,i dont care if we dont get Aly,as long as we get a good LB be it Santos or a other one,as long as he suits us
but who? Santos is not that good. Grosso is not crap, I dont know why people continue saying that.
but who? Santos is not that good. Grosso is not crap, I dont know why people continue saying that.
He can't play 3 good games in a row, he can't play a whole season, he isn't that good against smallest teams ... he isn't a very good defender and his crosses are less good than 2-3 years ago ... exactly what we don't need.
PS: I wish you good holidays, I will be off for 10 days (sea, sex and sun near Nice !! :D).
grosso may be a crap signing but he is far better than molinaro or de ceglie(who was awful too last season,but he has a lot of potential),and yes that is a sign that aly will for sure leave unless the bold bastard moves quickly..Lyon are really accurate on their transfers tha last 5 years,and they dont waste any time at all,so if grosso leaves then we ll propably say bye bye to aly
as for fabiano,no he is not nowhere near a good replacement for ricky,but actually he is not his replacement..for me he would upgrade our attack(not our attaking force overall,but i think we ll get hernanes too,or i hope at least)..and he is worth every pen of the 18mil(?) or less..
grosso may be a crap signing but he is far better than molinaro or de ceglie(who was awful too last season,but he has a lot of potential),and yes that is a sign that aly will for sure leave unless the bold bastard moves quickly..Lyon are really accurate on their transfers tha last 5 years,and they dont waste any time at all,so if grosso leaves then we ll propably say bye bye to aly
All players bought by Lyon these last 3 years are failure ... from Keita by passing by Bodmer and Boumsong or Delgado etc.
Lyon always sells his players (overpriced generally) but they don't always replace them by better ones.
Lyon is actually a place where you can grow until the top level or almost, and then you can go to one of the best clubs (the best players of Lyon all did that).
Anyway, what will be interesting is what will be said if Lyon pays 15M for Cissokho and they allow him to sign then ...
Dutchie-Milan
11-07-2009, 17:30
Mrki its seems like you haile every move of our rivals just to put the MGT in a bad spotlight because they arent so active,you thinking that Grosso isnt crap is ridiculous,he is an upgrade of Molinaro buts because the latter is very bad.He is in the thirties and has lost his pace,he only has a decent cross but in defense he is really a joke if Milan would have signed him you would bash the MGT for signing finished crap.At least Santon has allot of pace and years in him,Grosso has nothing to offer
Dutchie-Milan
11-07-2009, 17:34
i meant santos.....would love to see Grosso taking on Pato.Somebody any transfernews or any news regarding tactics or tommorows game
rosoneri_11
11-07-2009, 18:15
If Lyon sign Sissocho it will be a big shame.We can't even pay 15 ****ing milions in a player that we are interested and a team called Lyon is winnig us!
Last year we lost the best young GK of france Loris, who choosed Lyon over us and now this with Sissicho.
And then Berlu with Galiani saying we are better and stronger that inter. They are saying to us clearly that we are idiots.
Its a shame seing milan to be destroyed like this.......
rosoneri_11
11-07-2009, 18:21
Even if Hernanes comes with Fabiano we can't compete the top clubs Barca,Real,Man Utd,Chelsea,Inter because if you have realised A.C Milan is not at the same level with those teams.
Italian league is finished.Top players want Spanish division or English league.
And if a top player want to play in italy he will choose Inter instead of us because at the moment is the best team in italy.
Even if Hernanes comes with Fabiano we can't compete the top clubs Barca,Real,Man Utd,Chelsea,Inter because if you have realised A.C Milan is not at the same level with those teams.
Italian league is finished.Top players want Spanish division or English league.
And if a top player want to play in italy he will choose Inter instead of us because at the moment is the best team in italy.
Trust me, if Milan can wrap up Fabiano's signature, and seal up the defense, we will be better than you realise. In fact, last season, our patchwork defense is what cost us a potential title, or alteast let Inter get away with the trophy far too easy.
However, if we can get Fabiano, perhaps one more quality CB, and sign one of Madrid's Dutch wingers, than Milan will be right amongst the best of the EPL, and close to Barca.....
As for Inter, everyone knows we have a greater history than our rivals, and from what I have seen, most players admire Milan the most in Italy and sometimes, Europe. Serie A is already working hard to level the playing field against its counterparts, but the taxes need to be lowered on our Serie A clubs....
Samaldinho
11-07-2009, 20:18
I think the Serie A will grow in power again, but it will take time. Now that Serie A is separated from Serie B, they will be able to get larger chunks from the TV, and it seems that Inter and Milan will come together to either take San Siro for themselves, or force their way out and bring in more revenue from their own stadium.
The entire Serie A knows that if the best teams start to fall behind, the smaller teams will have an even tougher time. It's just like economics, if the poor people become richer, the entire country gets better, because there is more money to be spent. Same thing with leagues.
Cissoko is an unknown talent. He is talented, that is true, but I think he is a gamble. I wouldn't mind him, but I would definitely prefer Crisicto over Cissoko.
Fabiano, I'll be happy to have him, not thrilled, but at least he's someone. I really hope Pirlo stays, and I'm not so sure about Hernanes, mostly because of his reported price (40 million) and even if he is above 20 million, I still think there are better options in Italy.
If there is a player worth 20 million, it'd be Carlos Eduardo. I've been watching some games of him and I have to say, if we really wanted to replace Kaka, he'd be the player. The same direct-style of play, halfway between a seconda punta and fantastista.
I remember reading that we were supposedly linked to him, does anyone have any news on that? I think our link to Crisicto ended as well? Unless someone can give me some hope?
If Lyon sign Sissocho it will be a big shame.We can't even pay 15 ****ing milions in a player that we are interested and a team called Lyon is winnig us!
Last year we lost the best young GK of france Loris, who choosed Lyon over us and now this with Sissicho.
And then Berlu with Galiani saying we are better and stronger that inter. They are saying to us clearly that we are idiots.
Its a shame seing milan to be destroyed like this.......
yes, MGT. is foolish. How can MGT leave a great club like Milan to auto-finance oursleves, whilst other top European teams are reinforcing so well?
I admire their strategy, but they are behaving as if they are mangaing an average mid-table club. When berlu signed up, he knew he was inheriting a alot at first, but now his committment has dwindled. If he is no longer willing, let someone alse who cares step in.....
I think the Serie A will grow in power again, but it will take time. Now that Serie A is separated from Serie B, they will be able to get larger chunks from the TV, and it seems that Inter and Milan will come together to either take San Siro for themselves, or force their way out and bring in more revenue from their own stadium.
The entire Serie A knows that if the best teams start to fall behind, the smaller teams will have an even tougher time. It's just like economics, if the poor people become richer, the entire country gets better, because there is more money to be spent. Same thing with leagues.
Cissoko is an unknown talent. He is talented, that is true, but I think he is a gamble. I wouldn't mind him, but I would definitely prefer Crisicto over Cissoko.
Fabiano, I'll be happy to have him, not thrilled, but at least he's someone. I really hope Pirlo stays, and I'm not so sure about Hernanes, mostly because of his reported price (40 million) and even if he is above 20 million, I still think there are better options in Italy.
If there is a player worth 20 million, it'd be Carlos Eduardo. I've been watching some games of him and I have to say, if we really wanted to replace Kaka, he'd be the player. The same direct-style of play, halfway between a seconda punta and fantastista.
I remember reading that we were supposedly linked to him, does anyone have any news on that? I think our link to Crisicto ended as well? Unless someone can give me some hope?
Yes, I posted an article linking Eduardo to milan....
For Serie A, the foundations are there... It's just up to the clubs now to stand up and fight for thier futures, just like what Inter and Milan are doing with a new stadium deal....
Reckon the first thing we shold have done after selling Kaka was to buy two CBs. After that, get Fabiano or another CF and then one of Madrid's Dutch wingers....
Obviously, we will be lucky to fulfill atleast a third of that.....
Sevilla Coach Manolo Jimenez Confident Of Keeping Luis Fabiano Away From Milan
The Brazilian seems to be moving closer to Italy, but his current boss still thinks he can keep him at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan...
12 Jul 2009 00:42:26
Sevilla coach Manolo Jimenez hopes his side can hold on to Luis Fabiano, but concedes that the striker may not be able to resist Milan's overtures.
Fabiano seems to edge closer to the San Siro every day, but Jimenez still believes Sevilla can hold on to him.
He told Marca, "Luis Fabiano is an important piece of our team.
"When I first arrived here, I said that he was a great player. The only thing I want is that he stays with us.
"If he leaves, it will be because it was impossible for us to keep him."
Jimenez then said that he understood Fabiano's interest in the Rossoneri, continuing, "It is understandable that he is interested in going to Milan, but he is a Sevilla player.
"I have spoken with him and he knows that big clubs are interested in him, but Sevilla is also a big club. He is very calm and wants to make the right decision.
"If he goes to Milan he is not guaranteed to fit in, but he knows how valued he is here."
Fabiano has been at Sevilla for four seasons, scoring 73 goals in that time.
Arjun Miglani, Goal.com
Hey coach, let him be... If he wants to come, let him. He needs to fulfill his true potential, and that is not playing at a club like Sevilla.
Filipéz 182
11-07-2009, 21:15
I was really excited about the cissokho transfer. It would be such a shame if some other team picks him up now and he will become huge!!
Hernanes is a must buy IMO. our midfield needs more creativity and speed. its too slow and predictable. even more now kaka left.
And who is happy with Fabiano as our new striker?? I mean, is he really a good choice? I still want dzeko, as he has his whole career ahead of him. + he costs only 10m or so more than fabiano and we would be set for the next 10 years. while we have to replace fabiano in 3-4 years... with again spending money....
Rossoneri Fuego
11-07-2009, 22:12
THIS IS A LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ!!....i really really hope we get crescito,cissokho,andre santos any of those id be happy.. i would even like if antonini or thiago silva can play leftwideback. please no more janku hes the weakest link in that back 4.....but i hope leonardo uses a 4-2-3-1 reason is we're almost world class in the defensive midfield department.... plus it takes alott of pressure off our back 4...... let flamini play in his position with rino as partners pirlo needs to play higher up..... he needs freedom to run to be world class again.... guess what pirlo was under utilized when carlo was here how do i know?..... in the confeds cup pirlo didn't have the responsibility to begin attacks or to play so back in the midfield..... there he should play on the wings on a 4-2-3-1 with ronaldinho as a CAM then pato right or left attacking on the wings...... he'd be used also in a messi type position...... he can be used as a striker but hes also can play more deep trust me..... i know that he can play that position with ease.... the problem i have can fabiano cigoni or borriello be effective alone up top?.....this attack would look similar to chelsea's formation aganst united in UEFA CL FINAL 08' vs M.United in Moscow...... or luciano spaletti's AS ROMA of 07-08 who also used 4-2-3-1...... overall we are strong in my opinion the only version 4-3-3 that can work in italy is a italian 4-3-3 not a dutch version which looks like a 4-1-2-2-1 or a english which almost looks like a straight a line....watch out we might be stronger than last season...... reason why i believe is that we wont only depend on 2 players up top to destribute balls to 1 lone striker r80 and kaka' didnt mix well.... kaka' was too fast for seedorf.... and and r80 lost the ball to much while seedorf couldnt keep up with him..... 1 players must have a strong work run ethic and STAY HEALTHY ABOVE ALL! and hopefully beckham comes back... trust me he's still effective and if he's almost free why not get him in january?..... SO PLEASE READ MY VERY EXTENSIVE BREAKDOWN AND ANALYSIS!!
AND ABOVE ALL.......FORZA MILAN!!! :3band:
ZvonimirBoban
11-07-2009, 23:04
Santon is an Interista so I would not expect him to join our team. Sure, Pirlo and Seedorf are two ex-inter player, but Santon is a product of their youth team, so I suppose he has more heart for Inter. Moreover, Moratti likes the kid, so I doubt they will sell him.
We prolly wont be getting a FB, anyways :cry:
I think he meat Alex Santos, not Davide Santon?
They can have him if we get Paolo De Ceglie in return :D
Will it be shocking if we switch Oddo for Molinaro?
Important news for MIlan is that Grosso, according to Grench media, will be Juve player soon. That means Lyon will find another good LB. Lyon, unlike Galliani, secures their players or is already in negotiations when they sell some of their players.
Who replaces Benzema?
And we can expect Fabiano to be our player next week. MAybe the man will shine, like Toni is his late career. But this KAka'-Fabiano replacement is not what anyonw was hoping for.
I TOLD YOU AND OTHERS MANY TIMES, Fabiano is NOT a replacement for Kaka'. Are you dense?
@rossoneri fuego: try to use enter and space if you want your post to be read by people. it's not a critic, but a suggestion.
boing boing
11-07-2009, 23:27
Who replaces Benzema?
Lisandro Lopez
24 + 4 Million Euros.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2009/07/11/1377139/official-lisandro-lopez-signs-for-lyon
ZvonimirBoban
12-07-2009, 01:20
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/07/10/1374958/massimo-oddo-ac-milan-are-still-strong-without-kaka
This is what the players want us to think. To have faith on them. When we scream for more players to come, the players will think, am I not good enough for Milan? Good way to demoralize them; coming from their own fans.
Another lb is a def need, although Antonini needs a proper chance too.
Janku is simply horrible in def, and average in mid too, but then there are other players who should be shipped off before him.
I think Seedorf is going to give us problems esp if Leo wants us to play high tempo football as Seedorf only does that once a season. I haven't been impressed with Hernanes when I've seen him. Seems a bit weak on the ball. I'd love to get Afellay for our mid, which like the rest of our positions is weak.
A lot of hope rests in the hands of a few youngsters growing up very quick, but it won't happen if they don't play. Strasser, Albertazzi, Vuidez, Cardaccio, and Zigoni would be my main hopes for coming season. I think Abate will be a given bar injury, and Di Gennaro with determination could explode. Fingers crossed.
ACMILAN1983
12-07-2009, 03:03
Currently, I think we're in a situation a little like Inter. If you look at our squad, it's currently got...
Dida, Kalac, Abbiati, Storari, Nesta, Oddo, Kala, Onyewu, Bonera, Silva, Favalli, Darmian, Albertazzi, Zambro, Antonini, Janku, Abate, Rino, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Seedorf, Di Gennaro, Cardacio, Ronaldinho, Borriello, Pato, Pippo, Viudez
That's a 29 man squad when in reality our club should aim for a 25-26 man squad. I think this is one of the reasons we're not getting more targets, essentially we need to lose a few players. Adding Cissokho (or another FB), A new striker and CB, never mind midfielder or other areas, we're looking at a squad of over 30 players.
However, one way to get around this is to let youngsters go out on loan or in co-ownerships. Cardacio, Viudez and Darmian really should go out to gain experience. One of Storari or Kalac also needs to go out again. Personally, I think Oddo has no place in Milan these days and so he's another I'd let go. That would reduce to the kind of numbers we aim for and then we could replace some players (read: Kaladze) with better players (read: Santacroce :D ). Thus the eventual squad I think we'd look for is something close to this:
Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Nesta, Santacroce, Silva, Cissokho, Albertazzi, Favalli, Bonera, Antonini, Zambro, Janku, Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Rino, Dinho, Di Gennaro, Abate, Pato, Pippo, Borriello, Luis Fabiano(?)
That's a 25 man squad which is about the right size really. We can maybe look to make the odd addition to that list of names. It's difficult to say what position we could use, maybe an attacking midfielder of sorts as we initially seem a little thin in the role. That said, I do want space given for players like Abate and Di Gennaro to get chances.
He can't play 3 good games in a row, he can't play a whole season, he isn't that good against smallest teams ... he isn't a very good defender and his crosses are less good than 2-3 years ago ... exactly what we don't need.
PS: I wish you good holidays, I will be off for 10 days (sea, sex and sun near Nice !! :D).
I need to visit that part of Europe, specially Marseille who to me seems like a wild place! Nice...too expencive for longer periods :)
Enjoy man, in Croatia it was raining 17 days in a row!
P.S.
Grosso is still a good player :)
I TOLD YOU AND OTHERS MANY TIMES, Fabiano is NOT a replacement for Kaka'. Are you dense?
@rossoneri fuego: try to use enter and space if you want your post to be read by people. it's not a critic, but a suggestion.
And you are... Leonardo? Yes we know, Dinho is a replacement of Kaka'. But that is even more funny, to think Dinho can play what Kaka' did.
Nevermind its an old story. What I mean is that a player of Kaka's class needed to be changed with same class of a player ( not necessarily in the SAME position ).
What we are now doing with Fabiano saga Inter did with Millito in few silent days and got a great CF player.
Gabriel489
12-07-2009, 04:41
Currently, I think we're in a situation a little like Inter. If you look at our squad, it's currently got...
Dida, Kalac, Abbiati, Storari, Nesta, Oddo, Kala, Onyewu, Bonera, Silva, Favalli, Darmian, Albertazzi, Zambro, Antonini, Janku, Abate, Rino, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Seedorf, Di Gennaro, Cardacio, Ronaldinho, Borriello, Pato, Pippo, Viudez
That's a 29 man squad when in reality our club should aim for a 25-26 man squad. I think this is one of the reasons we're not getting more targets, essentially we need to lose a few players. Adding Cissokho (or another FB), A new striker and CB, never mind midfielder or other areas, we're looking at a squad of over 30 players.
However, one way to get around this is to let youngsters go out on loan or in co-ownerships. Cardacio, Viudez and Darmian really should go out to gain experience. One of Storari or Kalac also needs to go out again. Personally, I think Oddo has no place in Milan these days and so he's another I'd let go. That would reduce to the kind of numbers we aim for and then we could replace some players (read: Kaladze) with better players (read: Santacroce :D ). Thus the eventual squad I think we'd look for is something close to this:
Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Nesta, Santacroce, Silva, Cissokho, Albertazzi, Favalli, Bonera, Antonini, Zambro, Janku, Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Rino, Dinho, Di Gennaro, Abate, Pato, Pippo, Borriello, Luis Fabiano(?)
That's a 25 man squad which is about the right size really. We can maybe look to make the odd addition to that list of names. It's difficult to say what position we could use, maybe an attacking midfielder of sorts as we initially seem a little thin in the role. That said, I do want space given for players like Abate and Di Gennaro to get chances.
Thats something I agree with as I think Milan have a huge squad but yet lacks depth in quality.
Kalac and Storari should be cut lose or be in the reserve or try to sell them to any clubs.
Kala, Bonera, Favalli, Gooch, Darmian and Alberterzzi are all back up defenders? Even though Favalli, Bonera and Alberterzzi can fill in as FB, but just how many backup CBs do a team need.
TO me at least two of the above have to go, either or loan or to anther club.
Zambro, Oddo, Janku and Antonini are solid but given that some of the back up CBs and Flamini can play both FB while three of the four mentioned can also play both FBs, one of them is not needed.
Cardacio, Rino, Ambro, Flamini, Pirlo and Seedorf. The size of the three midfield spots are great but overall it lacks movement and mobility.
Having Dinho, Abate, Di Gennaro, Pippo, Borreillo, Pato and Luis(if he signs) are more than enough for Leo's 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 formations.
Overall, it is really the defense and GKs that are overloading with deadweights. Not to mention Mr. 4 time CL winner.
Currently, I think we're in a situation a little like Inter. If you look at our squad, it's currently got...
Dida, Kalac, Abbiati, Storari, Nesta, Oddo, Kala, Onyewu, Bonera, Silva, Favalli, Darmian, Albertazzi, Zambro, Antonini, Janku, Abate, Rino, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Seedorf, Di Gennaro, Cardacio, Ronaldinho, Borriello, Pato, Pippo, Viudez
That's a 29 man squad when in reality our club should aim for a 25-26 man squad. I think this is one of the reasons we're not getting more targets, essentially we need to lose a few players. Adding Cissokho (or another FB), A new striker and CB, never mind midfielder or other areas, we're looking at a squad of over 30 players.
However, one way to get around this is to let youngsters go out on loan or in co-ownerships. Cardacio, Viudez and Darmian really should go out to gain experience. One of Storari or Kalac also needs to go out again. Personally, I think Oddo has no place in Milan these days and so he's another I'd let go. That would reduce to the kind of numbers we aim for and then we could replace some players (read: Kaladze) with better players (read: Santacroce :D ). Thus the eventual squad I think we'd look for is something close to this:
Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Nesta, Santacroce, Silva, Cissokho, Albertazzi, Favalli, Bonera, Antonini, Zambro, Janku, Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Rino, Dinho, Di Gennaro, Abate, Pato, Pippo, Borriello, Luis Fabiano(?)
That's a 25 man squad which is about the right size really. We can maybe look to make the odd addition to that list of names. It's difficult to say what position we could use, maybe an attacking midfielder of sorts as we initially seem a little thin in the role. That said, I do want space given for players like Abate and Di Gennaro to get chances.
Would honestly like to see our Uryguyuan pair play a greater role next season. Carlo praised Cardaccio, but as always, lacked the guts to play them , or even give them a substitution role. leo will give them a chance, and eventaully, one of them will have a break away performance.... We may already have a Kaka in the waiting....
Thats something I agree with as I think Milan have a huge squad but yet lacks depth in quality.
Kalac and Storari should be cut lose or be in the reserve or try to sell them to any clubs.
Kala, Bonera, Favalli, Gooch, Darmian and Alberterzzi are all back up defenders? Even though Favalli, Bonera and Alberterzzi can fill in as FB, but just how many backup CBs do a team need.
TO me at least two of the above have to go, either or loan or to anther club.
Zambro, Oddo, Janku and Antonini are solid but given that some of the back up CBs and Flamini can play both FB while three of the four mentioned can also play both FBs, one of them is not needed.
Cardacio, Rino, Ambro, Flamini, Pirlo and Seedorf. The size of the three midfield spots are great but overall it lacks movement and mobility.
Having Dinho, Abate, Di Gennaro, Pippo, Borreillo, Pato and Luis(if he signs) are more than enough for Leo's 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 formations.
Overall, it is really the defense and GKs that are overloading with deadweights. Not to mention Mr. 4 time CL winner.
On paper, our defense may seem good, but with an injury cloud over important players such as Bonera, Nesta and Abbiatti, and players not of Milan standard (yet to see on Onyewu), it is in fact an extremely weak and patchwork unit.
Palermo President Zamparini Raves About Javier Pastore
The Rosanero chief is on cloud nine after completing the signing of ‘El Flaco’ from Huracan.
12 Jul 2009 10:36:41
Palermo beat off competition from top European clubs to snatch Huracan midfielder Javier Pastore for a reported €6.5million.
The 20-year-old, who has earned comparisons to Real Madrid superstar Kaka, has put pen to paper on a five-year deal worth €600,000 per season and is expected to join the team on July 20.
“Pastore had been a Palermo player for some time,” President Maurizio Zamparini confessed to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“We didn’t say anything out of respect for the player who was focused on Huracan’s bid to win the league title.
“I am very happy with this signing, I have to compliment my director of sport, [Walter] Sabatini. I am convinced that he will provide plenty of satisfactions in Italy, because he is a world-class player.”
Pastore had reportedly been a target for English champions Manchester United and press reports have suggested in recent weeks that Arsenal, Chelsea and Porto were also trying to derail his move to Sicily.
Wish we had something to seriously rave about... Even if we sign Fabaino, I will be dissapointed. However , that is just a natural reaction from myself as a highly expectant Milan fan....
If I was to think rationally however, the only thing I would be thinking about is what the hell a MGT team who relies on a great club like Milan to "auto-finance" themsleves, still doing around? Do they have any shame? They cannot afford to even spend as much as teams such as Palermo, or invest in our defense, an area which has cost us trophies for the last two years?
Soon enough, Berlu will leave the club in the state in which he took it over from.... Hardly satisfactory!
Wish we had something to seriously rave about... Even if we sign Fabaino, I will be dissapointed. However , that is just a natural reaction from myself as a highly expectant Milan fan....
If I was to think rationally however, the only thing I would be thinking about is what the hell a MGT team who relies on a great club like Milan to "auto-finance" themsleves, still doing around? Do they have any shame? They cannot afford to even spend as much as teams such as Palermo, or invest in our defense, an area which has cost us trophies for the last two years?
Soon enough, Berlu will leave the club in the state in which he took it over from.... Hardly satisfactory!
I'm getting tired of this argument. You people need to stop complaining and hold your responses until after the mercato is over. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and this lack of information breeds cynicism and distrust. We just have to wait and see. There's really nothing you can do, and if you judge Galliani's performance based one what has been done so far, you will only be disappointed. Wait until ends.
They know what needs to be done better than you do. They know more than you. They will fix things. We're moving in the right direction.
If Milan is willing to spend atleast half of our sales on purchases before transfer end (assuming they just didn't put aside Gourcuff's transfer fee for our total transfers...), then there is still plenty we can do with that. We would have atleast 20 million to spend. With that cash, we can split the money between a winger and a CB. These players don't need to be superstars in anyway, but potential players.
As for a GK, Storari is suprisingly in high demand, and will probably go for a price above his actual worth. With that, we can probably secure a young GK, who may be able to push Abbiatti and hopefully Marchetti (if reports are true) in years to come....
Then, there is the minute possibility that Berlu will pull 15 million of his own money, as so we can chase Van der Vart, and buy a decent full back instead.... But then again, the sale of Storari will be profitable and help o towards a decent CB or a young GK if Berlu as president, decides not to invest one cent.
We're moving in the right direction.
Immagine this: I take my car and wride 1000km wrong way. They a person sitting next to me wakes up and say: " hey, you fool! You are going 100km wrongly!"
I say: " Ah, ok."...I turn my car and I say:" Now we're in the right direction".
And this person should be happy?
We made so much mistakes in mercato in past 3,4 years, and this summer we screwed it up untill the bottom. Buying few young players and using nice words as "new circle" is not a right direction. Its a patch up for sales of our best player and our most talented young player.
I'm getting tired of this argument. You people need to stop complaining and hold your responses until after the mercato is over. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and this lack of information breeds cynicism and distrust. We just have to wait and see. There's really nothing you can do, and if you judge Galliani's performance based one what has been done so far, you will only be disappointed. Wait until ends.
They know what needs to be done better than you do. They know more than you. They will fix things. We're moving in the right direction.
I am "getting tired" of you always responding so agressively to people's posts as soon as their ideas conflct with your own. You seem to have a strong belief in our MGT., and that is fair enough.... It can't be denied though, that the majority of us have a feeling of doubt over MGT. recently, and that can hardly be blamed. Perhaps we can make a friendly bet? What do you believe MGT. is plotting behind the scenes (the purchase of Fabino doesn't count) that may be so great? If management can, by the start of the new season, solve our defensive problems and acquire a much needed winger, I will be prepared to praise your judgment. However, until that happens, I feel you should just accept others' reasonable thoughts. If you cannot feel critical after recent events involving Milan, than you are definently minority.....
No offence intended however.... We both feel passionate about Milan I am sure, but we just have different ideas on the team's progress..... By no means do I want this to begin some kind of fight on this forum.:u56:
Immagine this: I take my car and wride 1000km wrong way. They a person sitting next to me wakes up and say: " hey, you fool! You are going 100km wrongly!"
I say: " Ah, ok."...I turn my car and I say:" Now we're in the right direction".
And this person should be happy?
We made so much mistakes in mercato in past 3,4 years, and this summer we screwed it up untill the bottom. Buying few young players and using nice words as "new circle" is not a right direction. Its a patch up for sales of our best player and our most talented young player.
Our direction this Mercato is actually good. However, we wasted hard earned cash in the last three years on players who were quite frankly, NOT FOR THE FUTURE. Now, we have hardly any resources to buy players FOR THE FUTURE. This kind of transition year should have come the season we came fifth in Serie A....
I don't mind brk having his opinion, but as soon as he starts slamming others for having natural doubt over MGT in light of recent events..... That doesn't make sense!
I liked that "you drive for 100 km in the wrong direction" analogy :5ok:
I liked that "you drive for 100 km in the wrong direction" analogy :5ok:
the thing is, once you drive 100 km in the wrong direction, there is nothing that can be done, unless some of you invent a time machine. :beer:
b1tching on the whole 100km long way back - doesn't help anyone
I liked that "you drive for 100 km in the wrong direction" analogy :5ok:
Those who deny that that MGT. have failed this mercato are cheating themselves of the truth.... Still, there is 50 days left to wrap up Fabiano, sell Storari and Kalac and purchase a young keeper (hopefully able to challenge Abbiatti and Marchetti if he comes next season), and IF Berlu is willing to invest a small portion of his own fortune, perhaps buy a decent CB to seal up our defense.....
Not enough, but the absoloute bare minimum to be competing for a top three spot this season....
the thing is, once you drive 100 km in the wrong direction, there is nothing that can be done, unless some of you invent a time machine. :beer:
b1tching on the whole 100km long way back - doesn't help anyone
Yes you are quite true about that.... Atleast there is some acknowledgemnt that MGT. screwed it up with a cheap GPS (old has-been players.).
I am "getting tired" of you always responding so agressively to people's posts as soon as their ideas conflct with your own. You seem to have a strong belief in our MGT., and that is fair enough.... It can't be denied though, that the majority of us have a feeling of doubt over MGT. recently, and that can hardly be blamed. Perhaps we can make a friendly bet? What do you believe MGT. is plotting behind the scenes (the purchase of Fabino doesn't count) that may be so great? If management can, by the start of the new season, solve our defensive problems and acquire a much needed winger, I will be prepared to praise your judgment. However, until that happens, I feel you should just accept others' reasonable thoughts. If you cannot feel critical after recent events involving Milan, than you are definently minority.....
No offence intended however.... We both feel passionate about Milan I am sure, but we just have different ideas on the team's progress..... By no means do I want this to begin some kind of fight on this forum.:u56:
I agree absolutely that the past few years we were basically stalled, and the CL win gave us a false sense of achievement that delayed the inevitable overhaul. We are obviously undertaking this change starting this summer.
What I am tired of is people assuming that the management will not do anything because nothing has happened yet. They are playing a game of chicken, are waiting to see which team is bluffing, and approaching the end of the market, whoever blinks first will sell their players. We're lining up as many options as possible now, and we will see by the end which would be of greatest value.
The best hint we have that this is what's happening is that we were in serious negotiations for Vidic. That should give you an idea that the management is serious about moving forward. They're not idiots. Just let them do their job and them judge them after its completed.
more bad news.... this player troubled Milan in the club world cup final.....
Report: Genoa & Palermo Tussle Over Boca Juniors Ace Rodrigo Palacio
The Rosanero are trying to pip Genoa to the signature of the want-away striker.
12 Jul 2009 11:42:59
Contrary to reports suggesting that Genoa were on the verge of completing the signing of hitman Rodrigo Palacio from Argentine club Boca Juniors, it has now emerged that Palermo have stepped to the head of the queue to secure his services.
According to Sky Sport 24, the Rosanero are continuing their shopping spree in South America after landing Huracan starlet Javier Pastore, and director of sport Walter Sabatini is in negotiations with Boca over Palacio, whose agent has insisted his client is finally ready to try his hand in Europe.
Palacio has been at Boca since 2005 and is tied to the club until 2010. He is reportedly valued at €4million and holds a Spanish passport, which will allow him to be registered as an EU-player.
Palermo completed the signing of Pastore yesterday for a reported fee of €6.5m, while Genoa have already bolstered their attack so far with Argentine Hernan Crespo and Sergio Floccari, who made waves at Atalanta last term.
Vince Masiello, Goal.com
How is that bad news? They play Milan twice a year, but they also play Juve and Inter.
I agree absolutely that the past few years we were basically stalled, and the CL win gave us a false sense of achievement that delayed the inevitable overhaul. We are obviously undertaking this change starting this summer.
What I am tired of is people assuming that the management will not do anything because nothing has happened yet. They are playing a game of chicken, are waiting to see which team is bluffing, and approaching the end of the market, whoever blinks first will sell their players. We're lining up as many options as possible now, and we will see by the end which would be of greatest value.
The best hint we have that this is what's happening is that we were in serious negotiations for Vidic. That should give you an idea that the management is serious about moving forward. They're not idiots. Just let them do their job and them judge them after its completed.
Now you said it like that, I totally understand you. After all, how can they compete with teams like Madrid, who are currently scouring the market and thus inflating the general price of most players?
It's like you go to a foreign country, and a shop-owner, seeing that you are a tourist, doubles the price of his product.... Milan must be vigilant however, because deals are not struck in the space of a week. Times is running out...
By the way, sorry if I offended you in anyway:v103:
Sunderland Chase £7 Million Philippe Senderos - Report
The Swiss defender looks to be headed north, according to a report in a British tabloid.
12 Jul 2009 11:18:22
Sunderland are reportedly ready to make a move for Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos, according to the Sunday People.
The British tabloid claims that manager Steve Bruce will offer the Gunners £7 million for the Swiss international as he seeks to strengthen his squad this summer.
The Black Cats had been in the hunt to sign Richard Dunne from Manchester City but after he reportedly rejected a move to the Stadium of Light, they have now turned their attentions to Senderos.
The 24-year-old’s future in north London looks unclear, after he spent last season on loan in Italy with AC Milan.
However, the Serie A side declined to sign the player on a long term basis and he has now returned to the Emirates.
Yet despite having joined Arsenal in 2003, Senderos has failed to claim a regular place in the starting XI, and with Thomas Vermaelen having arrived from Ajax his chances of becoming a regular again look slim.
All of which appears to have alerted Sunderland who may face competition from his signature from the likes of Aston Villa, Fiorentina, Roma and Villarreal.
Gill Clark, Goal.com
Thank God we didn't waste our cash in buying this clown.... Hopefully, we chose not to buy him because his form wasn't great. if Galli was considering his purchase seriously, but was just scared away from his 7 million euro price tag......
How is that bad news? They play Milan twice a year, but they also play Juve and Inter.
yes mate, but considering we struggle against some lesser teams (Chievo, Palermo etc.)......
It's no good that they add further quality to thier squads and level the playing field more.
Sure, some may argue that clubs being closer in Serie A is good, compared that of the EPL. But, when it means that Milan's top four placing comes under more threat.....
yes mate, but considering we struggle against some lesser teams (Chievo, Palermo etc.)......
It's no good that they add further quality to thier squads and level the playing field more.
Well, a stronger Serie A is good for domestic championship and for raising our ranks in Europe.
Besides if the top 4 gets pressured hard by the other teams, they will be motivated to reinforce themselves as well.
Those who deny that that MGT. have failed this mercato are cheating themselves of the truth.... Still, there is 50 days left to wrap up Fabiano, sell Storari and Kalac and purchase a young keeper (hopefully able to challenge Abbiatti and Marchetti if he comes next season), and IF Berlu is willing to invest a small portion of his own fortune, perhaps buy a decent CB to seal up our defense.....
Not enough, but the absoloute bare minimum to be competing for a top three spot this season....
If the mercato ends like it is today, then yeah, bad transfer summer. But as you said, still a long way to go :)
Hasan Rossonero
12-07-2009, 06:42
I agree absolutely that the past few years we were basically stalled, and the CL win gave us a false sense of achievement that delayed the inevitable overhaul. We are obviously undertaking this change starting this summer.
What I am tired of is people assuming that the management will not do anything because nothing has happened yet. They are playing a game of chicken, are waiting to see which team is bluffing, and approaching the end of the market, whoever blinks first will sell their players. We're lining up as many options as possible now, and we will see by the end which would be of greatest value.
The best hint we have that this is what's happening is that we were in serious negotiations for Vidic. That should give you an idea that the management is serious about moving forward. They're not idiots. Just let them do their job and them judge them after its completed.
That report about Vidic was denied by the player himself, if I remember correctly.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 07:07
Can anyone give me some transfernews PLEASE,like a english translation of the mission of Braida in Brazil on tuttomercato,i am in the car on my phone so i cant do it myself....THANX!!!!
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/juventus/?action=read&idnotizia=6737
Grosso, according to this, will be Juve player next week and Cissokho will be signed by Lyon for 12mln. Lets see what heppanes and in the end will Galliani miss a great young player or maybe not becouse of 3 mln. Lyon has 12mln deal done.
Braida is in Brasil for Hernanes, then we'll sell Pirlo to finance Hernanes deal.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 07:18
thanx mrki for the update
Hasan Rossonero
12-07-2009, 07:22
According to AS, Huntelaar has rejected Stuttgart.
Rossoneri Fuego
12-07-2009, 07:23
mrki Does The Word Positive Exists In Your Vocab!?
Those who deny that that MGT. have failed this mercato are cheating themselves of the truth.... Still, there is 50 days left to wrap up Fabiano, sell Storari and Kalac and purchase a young keeper (hopefully able to challenge Abbiatti and Marchetti if he comes next season), and IF Berlu is willing to invest a small portion of his own fortune, perhaps buy a decent CB to seal up our defense.....
Not enough, but the absoloute bare minimum to be competing for a top three spot this season....
Sali, you seem to be driving on both directions of mrki's proverbial highway here. Going south, you say the management has failed this mercato. But heading north, you say (correctly) that there's 50 days left to wrap up Fabiano, etc. How can this mercato be deemed a failure when there are 50 days left and we have no real idea what will happen during that time? I realize there are some here who will deem the mercato a failure no matter what because Kaka was sold (unless, I suppose, Milan bought Messi), but if, say, Milan buys Fabiano, Hernanes and comes to an agreement with Porto on Cissokho in addition to Gooch and the young players that have been bought, will the mercato have been a failure? I don't think so. There are also rumblings that Carlos Eduardo could be on his way after he gets his Italian passport and Milan seems to be looking at some other young Brazilians who might be brought in in January or bought to Italy through another club as Inter did with Kerlon and Chievo.
From milannews.it:
Braida in Brasile: mission possible?
12.07.2009 09:56 di Stefano Maraviglia
La settimana che verrà, potrebbe essere in stile "notte di san Silvestro" per i tifosi rossoneri. Braida si è recato in Brasile, dove ha svolto un lavoro meticoloso e molto accurato. Recuperati e riallacciati i rapporti col San Paolo (club dove milita Hernanes), il dirigente rossonero si è mosso alla ricerca di talenti quali Taison e Valter dell’International e del terzino Andrè Santos del Corinthians. L'operato di Braida sta a testimoniare il fermento del mercato rossonero, in stand-by solo per "eccesso di rialzo" dei prezzi degli obbiettivi di via Turati. Se la "mission possible" in Brasile vede il Milan iper-attivo, le dichiarazioni di Galliani, tendono a "mimetizzare" le mosse rossonere. Molto ruota attorno al futuro di Andrea Pirlo, che in caso di offerta sostanziosa da parte del Chelsea, potrebbe essere "sacrificato" dando poi il via libera alla trattativa Hernanes. Il prezzo del brasiliano è alto, ma una buona mediazione e un tesoretto ben "protetto" da Galliani, potrebbero far cambiare idea al presidente del San Paolo, al quale non andarono proprio giù le "banane" offerte dai rossoneri qualche settiana fa.
English translation:
Braida in Brazil: mission possible?
12.07.2009 09:56 by Stefano Maraviglia
The week to come, could be in style "night of Saint Sylvester" for fans rossoneri. Braida has traveled to Brazil, where he played a very careful and meticulous. Recovered and resumed relations with Sao Paulo (club where military Hernanes), the manager rossonero has moved in search of talents like Taison and Walter from Internacional and the quarterback André Santos Corinthians. The work of Braida is a witness to the turmoil in the market rossonero in stand-by for "over-rise" in prices of goals in via Turati. If the "mission possible" Brazil sees the Milan hyper-active, Galliani declarations, tend to "camouflage" Building Rossonere. Much revolves around the future of Andrea Pirlo, who in the event of substantial offer from Chelsea, could be "sacrificed" then giving the green light to negotiations Hernanes. The price of Brazil is high, but a good mediation and tesoretto well "protected" by Galliani, could change their minds to the President of San Paolo, which is just went down the "banana" offered by some rossoneri settiana ago.
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=9023
As for Taison and Walter, a Milan fan on another forum who lives in the hometown of Internacional gave some info about these players. To summarize, Taison is a 21-year-old forward who "incredible speed, great dribbling and offensive movement and has improved well his finishing from last year." He scored more than 20 goals in six months and "formed a very dangerous attack (almost 90 goals until mid-season) with Nilmar and D'Alessandro." But there are some negatives, such as that he hasn't handled physical play well thus far and he needs space to run (so he might be someone to play on the wing in a 4-3-3 to run the flanks).
Walter is a 19-year-old striker, very powerful and reminiscent of Adriano. According to the Brazilian poster, "he is physically very strong, like to battle against defenders, has great shot (scores a lot from outside the box), and good aerial skills." But apparently he's very raw, sometimes battles weight issues and has yet to make a mark at Internacional. So he seems to me like a player more for the primavera.
Yes typically we have time till 31 august,BUT we have a new coach and even if we didnt,we should have finished our mercato by now or at least brought our firts players..its important for anyone new to be a member of the pre-season preparation,and almost everyone wants to ignore it..
juve,real,inter etc have almost completed their transfer campain,whereas we havent even started..but i know,galliani knows best and all the others are ignorant and amateurs..please dont tell me we are on the right road,actually we are nowhere,we stand still(we are trying to fool everyone with our offers,no offer is good enough),and we are wasting so much time..
Yes typically we have time till 31 august,BUT we have a new coach and even if we didnt,we should have finished our mercato by now or at least brought our firts players..its important for anyone new to be a member of the pre-season preparation,and almost everyone wants to ignore it..
juve,real,inter etc have almost completed their transfer campain,whereas we havent even started..but i know,galliani knows best and all the others are ignorant and amateurs..please dont tell me we are on the right road,actually we are nowhere,we stand still(we are trying to fool everyone with our offers,no offer is good enough),and we are wasting so much time..
First of all, I'm more interested in bringing in the right players than bringing in the quick and easy players. Some of you act like the first few games of the season are more important than the next two or three years. Don't you see that getting the right players for the future is more important than having every player ready by the start of the season? Do you not think the current Milan squad is not capable of being competitive for a few games?
Second, where have you been? Have you been hiding under a rock? Milan has already added several players to the senior squad this summer, including Thiago Silva, Onyewu, Abate and Di Gennaro. So how can you claim Milan hasn't brought in their first player or even started the mercato?
These panic arguments make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 07:58
I disagree about the fact that we have to be complete by now,for me the deadline is when we go on the US tour because then we will have the most games so the new team will have to gel in that period
Second, where have you been? Have you been hiding under a rock? Milan has already added several players to the senior squad this summer, including Thiago Silva, Onyewu, Abate and De Gennaro. So how can you claim Milan hasn't brought in their first player or even started the mercato?
man you should consider supporting palermo..
we havent been reinforced at any case,our squad is far worse than last year's parody..we lost maldini kaka(gorky too,as we could have him too),and i hear fans talking that we are on the right way because we got 2-3 second class kids..abate and de genarro????????????their teams were relagated and they were nt even good actually last year,the only player that we loaned out and was good enough was GOURCOUF..
right way???for which reason?if we had cissoko and fabiano,id say we re on the right way maybe(we would still need much more)..but now???
real is on the right way
juventus is on the right way
inter is on the right way
us being on the right way makes no sence at all..
we may be after one month but not now..
johncharles365
12-07-2009, 08:21
Pre season is very important Milan last season left it until late july to start transferring players the net result was Milan lost the first 2 games. I think it is more of the case that the transfer market is very distorted because of Real Madrid spending spree and the potiential for Manchester city to spend 200 million on one player. Every club is selling for disproportionate prices like arsenal wanting 28 million euros for Adebayor and Real wanting 24 million euros for Huntelaar and of course Fiorentina wanting 20+ player for melo. Galliani seems to be wanting to spend every euro of the transfer fund diligently.
Milan really should of completed the transfer of cissokho rather than positioning for a better deal. milan really should of had agreement in place for players before we sold kaka. Arsenal have similar financial constraints to Milan as they seem to be bidding an buying players Milan have been incredibly slow to take advantage of the opportunities in the market
ZvonimirBoban
12-07-2009, 08:54
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/juventus/?action=read&idnotizia=6737
Braida is in Brasil for Hernanes, then we'll sell Pirlo to finance Hernanes deal.
Mrki, I don't understand Italian so is this in tuttomercato or just your another negative fantasy?
ZvonimirBoban
12-07-2009, 08:56
real is on the right way
juventus is on the right way
inter is on the right way
Go and support them, then.
Il Milan prepara il colpo Hernanes per il dopo-Pirlo
http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/calciomercato/2009/07/12-33519/Il+Milan+prepara+il+colpo+Hernanes+per+il+dopo-Pirlo
.....
Go and support them, then.
Really strong arguments,as always..
man you should consider supporting palermo..
we havent been reinforced at any case,our squad is far worse than last year's parody..we lost maldini kaka(gorky too,as we could have him too),and i hear fans talking that we are on the right way because we got 2-3 second class kids..abate and de genarro????????????their teams were relagated and they were nt even good actually last year,the only player that we loaned out and was good enough was GOURCOUF..
right way???for which reason?if we had cissoko and fabiano,id say we re on the right way maybe(we would still need much more)..but now???
Okay, let me try to help you comprehend what I said. I did not say that Gooch, Abate and Di Gennaro were all the players Milan needs or that any of them were going to be world class stars in the future. I did not say that Milan was on the "right way" because of those players. Where do you get these things? What I said was that you were incorrect when you said that Milan hadn't brought in their first player or even begun the transfer market this summer. Those players -- as well as Thiago Silva -- can be important players to the squad. Not every player Milan buys needs to be a world class player. One of the problems last year was a lack of depth with injuries to so many key players. These players help to address that problem.
Also, it's silly to keep harping on Gourcuff. If Gourcuff was a transfer market mistake, then he was a transfer market mistake LAST YEAR because that's when the agreement for the option to buy was signed. At that time, nobody was ready to jump off a bridge because Milan had loaned out Gourcuff with a 15 million euro option to buy. He hadn't done crap in two seasons with Milan.
Listen, I don't know how many times I have to say this before it gets through some of the thick skulls around here, but there is still 50 days left in the transfer market. There is still time to buy Fabiano, Hernanes, Cissokho and a dozen other players if that's what Milan decided they wanted to do. None of us -- not a single solitary one of us -- knows what's going on behind the scenes. All we have to go on is rumors, crap from the media and whatever the Milan honchos decide they want to say publicly (and if you've been a Milan fan for long, you should know by now that what they say usually doesn't mean much one way or the other).
There is no need to panic. Yes, it would be nice to have the squad all wrapped up in a little package with a bow in time for training and for the friendlies, but if Milan doesn't have everyone in place they won't be alone by any stretch of the imagination. The vast majority of transfers have yet to take place. If Milan buys a player or two in August, the squad already in place can manage until the late additions are up to speed. How would adding a player in August be any different than adding Beckham in January? Yet he got off to a fabulous start, even playing in a completely new system.
Seriously, if you're so desperate for quick big-money signings, then maybe you should consider supporting Real Madrid. ;)
real is on the right way
juventus is on the right way
inter is on the right way
us being on the right way makes no sence at all..
we may be after one month but not now..
Then why not wait a month and see? What good does it do to b1tch and complain about it now?
obviously you are not aware of what the pre-season means for a club..
u may say whatever you want for me those signings do not reinforce us by any means,we had a lot more serious problems than our depth last year dude..and who said we have more depth with gooch and TS(paolo and senderos left you know..),till now we re weaker than last year!!even our depth..
who said that beckham was a good move?i wrote hundreds o posts saying that it was an "unfair" sign for all the other players,because of the treatment he had(he started against roma in olipmico,with 3 days training!!)..that doesnt mean that anyone can start playing with 3 days of training..your exapmle is just making my arguments stronger that we re run by scums..
saying that loosing gourcuf,was last year's mistake is just another illusion you have,gourcuf was THIS year league one's MVP,and if we wanted we could have convinced him to stay,we re milan not palermo my friend,dont be confused..
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 09:29
I have a question,i live in Holland and i only have RAI UNO from italy on TV,does anyone knows whether they broadcast games from Milan this season in CL or Serie A or do they only show highlights?
obviously you are not aware of what the pre-season means for a club..
Good lord. Very few clubs start the season with the same squad they started training with. Almost every club will make some sort of transfer move between now and the end of August. So how does it put Milan so far behind to be the same as other clubs? Chances are that whatever players Milan buys between now and the end of August are already training with another club. Fitness, therefore, should not be a problem. It's just a matter of easing into the Milan system. And if Milan plays a more common 4-3-3, that will be less of a problem than it's been in the past as Milan has played an unusual system. So then it's just a matter of getting used to the player's new teammates. Believe me, if Milan brings in a couple of players in August, they will not have already been relegated to Serie C2 by the time the new players are up to speed. There's already a pretty good team there as it is.
u may say whatever you want for me those signings do not reinforce us by any means,we had a lot more serious problems than our depth last year dude..and who said we have more depth with gooch and TS(paolo and senderos left you know..),till now we re weaker than last year!!even our depth..
Paolo is 41 years old. Even though he did some amazing things last year for a player his age (like even be on the pitch), it was still obvious that he could no longer stay with quicker forwards. Senderos was awful. Do you really think we would be better off with Maldini and Senderos this season than with Gooch and Silva? Plus there's at least a reasonable chance that Nesta and Kaladze will be healthy. So it looks as though instead of starting Favalli half the time, he might actually be more like the 5th or 6th option.
who said that beckham was a good move?i wrote hundreds o posts saying that it was an "unfair" sign for all the other players,because of the treatment he had(he started against roma in olipmico,with 3 days training!!)..that doesnt mean that anyone can start playing with 3 days of training..your exapmle is just making my arguments stronger that we re run by scums..
Whether or not signing Beckham was a good move or a bad move is completely irrelevant to my point. My point was that Beckham joined the team in January (after ending his MLS season at the end of October) and was still able to play very well in his earliest matches (it was only later in the season that he tailed off). So there is no reason that Milan couldn't buy a player in August who is actually already in training and playing summer friendlies for another club and have him be ready to contribute quickly.
saying that loosing gourcuf,was last year's mistake is just another illusion you have,gourcuf was THIS year league one's MVP,and if we wanted we could have convinced him to stay,we re milan not palermo my friend,dont be confused..
I don't care who Milan is or isn't, when a player hasn't been successful in two full seasons with a club and maybe feels as though he didn't get the opportunity he deserved, he's going to move on to a new opportunity if he gets that chance. By signing with Bordeaux, Gourcuff not only gets to continue playing regularly (rather than being behind Pirlo and competing with a glut of midfielders at Milan for playing time), but he also has a chance to move to any club he wants if he repeats the success he had at Bordeaux last year. Sorry, but Gourcuff actually did the right thing for himself by exercising his option to stay at Bordeaux. Why should he want to go back to a club where he was a part-time player for two seasons? And you can't fault Milan for Gourcuff being only a part-time player because he wasn't yet ready and wasn't as good as the players who were playing ahead of him. If there is any fault with Milan it's that maybe, in hindsight (which is always 20/20), have loaned him out as soon as they bought him in the first place or at least a year sooner than they did.
So, Milan couldn't just walk in and say "We're Milan! You're coming back with us!" The agreement signed last summer -- which I seriously doubt you were b1tching about at the time -- gave Gourcuff the right to stay at Bordeaux and the club the right to purchase him. This summer, Milan's hands were tied. There is nothing they could have said or done to change Gourcuff's mind unless maybe they guaranteed him a full-time starting role -- which is something they should never do.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 10:03
TMW are reporting about a possible swap deal between us and Fiorentina wich would see us losing Oddo for LB Paspual,would like to see this going trough,we would lose deadweight and solve the current LB issue
TMW are reporting about a possible swap deal between us and Fiorentina wich would see us losing Oddo for LB Paspual,would like to see this going trough,we would lose deadweight and solve the current LB issue
Is Pasqual Milan level though?
Hernanes would be a dream.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 10:45
Yes he is Luca,he is an upgrade if you look at what we have and he has a great left footer,he is at least a better player than Juve-target Grosso but still i wouldnt mind seeing Albertazzi on the leftflank at all but thats just me....
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/juventus/?action=read&idnotizia=6737
Grosso, according to this, will be Juve player next week and Cissokho will be signed by Lyon for 12mln. Lets see what heppanes and in the end will Galliani miss a great young player or maybe not becouse of 3 mln. Lyon has 12mln deal done.
Braida is in Brasil for Hernanes, then we'll sell Pirlo to finance Hernanes deal. Thanks for the update buddy and don't let the idiots who are insulting you get to you. I know you are a good guy and a great milanista....if people want to blind themselves let them go watch Annie :stupid:
I wish we could Hijack Wolfsburg's Nilmar transfer though but we seem absolutely toothless and pathetic on the mercato
Ok - I'll be responding with lots of you guys comments, so 'find yourself' here lol :)
We made so much mistakes in mercato in past 3,4 years, and this summer we screwed it up untill the bottom. Buying few young players and using nice words as "new circle" is not a right direction. Its a patch up for sales of our best player and our most talented young player.
I think there is an issue here: I think I remember starting from a few years ago, we are always crying for 'too old the squad', and stuff like that. Yet now, we are not content with 'few young players'. Is it fair?
NOTE: Not saying that the management is doing the right thing, but what are we fans expecting?
If Milan is willing to spend atleast half of our sales on purchases before transfer end (assuming they just didn't put aside Gourcuff's transfer fee for our total transfers...), then there is still plenty we can do with that. We would have atleast 20 million to spend. With that cash, we can split the money between a winger and a CB. These players don't need to be superstars in anyway, but potential players.
As for a GK, Storari is suprisingly in high demand, and will probably go for a price above his actual worth. With that, we can probably secure a young GK, who may be able to push Abbiatti and hopefully Marchetti (if reports are true) in years to come....
Then, there is the minute possibility that Berlu will pull 15 million of his own money, as so we can chase Van der Vart, and buy a decent full back instead.... But then again, the sale of Storari will be profitable and help o towards a decent CB or a young GK if Berlu as president, decides not to invest one cent.
I think there are more restrictions than just spending money and get the players. I don't think it's THAT simple. yes, Real shows you that money can do everything, but that's irrational to say the least with, alas, few record of success in the past (if I remember correctly, last Galaxy ends up in failure, but I may be wrong). I think it'll be a bit over-the-board to argue from a financial perspective: we really don't have a good idea about Milan's finance. Worse still, by the end of the day, we are just fans, while Berlu is the owner: he can do whatever he wants with the money, including to throw some naked parties.
ON another note: please try keeping your thoughts in one posts (like what I"m doing): just easier to read, you know.
First of all, I'm more interested in bringing in the right players than bringing in the quick and easy players.
Agree.
Milan really should of completed the transfer of cissokho rather than positioning for a better deal. milan really should of had agreement in place for players before we sold kaka. Arsenal have similar financial constraints to Milan as they seem to be bidding an buying players Milan have been incredibly slow to take advantage of the opportunities in the market
I agree about Cissokho; the saga may not be over yet. A little bit of patience is warranted.
Also, it's silly to keep harping on Gourcuff. If Gourcuff was a transfer market mistake, then he was a transfer market mistake LAST YEAR because that's when the agreement for the option to buy was signed. At that time, nobody was ready to jump off a bridge because Milan had loaned out Gourcuff with a 15 million euro option to buy. He hadn't done crap in two seasons with Milan.
saying that loosing gourcuf,was last year's mistake is just another illusion you have,gourcuf was THIS year league one's MVP,and if we wanted we could have convinced him to stay,we re milan not palermo my friend,dont be confused..
Gourcuff's case is called "sunk cost". We already lost him when setting the 15M range.
Also, I think Galliani and Leo (who traveled to France together) did try convincing Gourcuff, who decided to switch team. But it didn't work out. Case close.
The clause, however, is set a year ago, so yes that mistake had already been made a year ago; it could have been a no-buy-out clause (but I don't know how many people will agree with not selling Gourcuff at that time).
***
And to everyone here:
Listen, ...
Sometimes, it just takes a bit of an effort to overcome that intensity of emotions to react and then become a bit more rational again. please maintain this place as a friendly environment for discussion.
Cheers,
J
Blacktop
12-07-2009, 11:26
THIS IS A LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ!!...SO PLEASE READ MY VERY EXTENSIVE BREAKDOWN AND ANALYSIS!!
Dude, easy on the chest-thumping. And there's really no need to put all your posts in bold.
sell Kalac
To whom, exactly?
Mrki, I don't understand Italian so is this in tuttomercato or just your another negative fantasy?
No, I have put tuttomercato link for something completely different and then out of nowhere I talked directly about Cissokho, Grosso, Lyon, 12 mln... which are all mentioned in the article. And, as far as I know, names are always the same. Except for the pope who's name is being translated for some reason.
Yes, its in an article I didnt made it up. Now time will tell am I pesimistic or you are naive.
Maltese Charlie
12-07-2009, 12:12
I have a question,i live in Holland and i only have RAI UNO from italy on TV,does anyone knows whether they broadcast games from Milan this season in CL or Serie A or do they only show highlights?
Dutchie, to watch serie A live you have to pay, even if you are in Italy.
Rai TV cannot show direct matches from the Italian league.
Only Sky Sport, and Mediaset Premium show the games.
May be you can watch Coppa Italia, but it can be on Rai 2 or 3.:grinser:
Try to invest in a Sattellite box. Here in Malta some people use are watching it from this, but I don't know what Cam do you need.
I am useing a Cable TV as they are the only ones to have rights.
Ok - I'll be responding with lots of you guys comments, so 'find yourself' here lol :)
I think there is an issue here: I think I remember starting from a few years ago, we are always crying for 'too old the squad', and stuff like that. Yet now, we are not content with 'few young players'. Is it fair?
NOTE: Not saying that the management is doing the right thing, but what are we fans expecting?
I think there are more restrictions than just spending money and get the players. I don't think it's THAT simple. yes, Real shows you that money can do everything, but that's irrational to say the least with, alas, few record of success in the past (if I remember correctly, last Galaxy ends up in failure, but I may be wrong). I think it'll be a bit over-the-board to argue from a financial perspective: we really don't have a good idea about Milan's finance. Worse still, by the end of the day, we are just fans, while Berlu is the owner: he can do whatever he wants with the money, including to throw some naked parties.
ON another note: please try keeping your thoughts in one posts (like what I"m doing): just easier to read, you know.
Agree.
I agree about Cissokho; the saga may not be over yet. A little bit of patience is warranted.
Gourcuff's case is called "sunk cost". We already lost him when setting the 15M range.
Also, I think Galliani and Leo (who traveled to France together) did try convincing Gourcuff, who decided to switch team. But it didn't work out. Case close.
The clause, however, is set a year ago, so yes that mistake had already been made a year ago; it could have been a no-buy-out clause (but I don't know how many people will agree with not selling Gourcuff at that time).
***
And to everyone here:
Sometimes, it just takes a bit of an effort to overcome that intensity of emotions to react and then become a bit more rational again. please maintain this place as a friendly environment for discussion.
Cheers,
J
Some excellent points Jeff. :5ok:
And I had missed this comment by johncharles:
Arsenal have similar financial constraints to Milan as they seem to be bidding an buying players Milan have been incredibly slow to take advantage of the opportunities in the market
So I just want to point out that Arsenal has signed only one player, Thomas Vermaelen, a defender from Ajax. Like Milan, they've been linked to plenty of players, but they're still looking. Arsenal is especially in the market for a tough-tackling DM. They lost out on Melo, so now they're still looking around.
In fact, I was just reading an article the other day about how incredibly slow the transfer market has been for the entire English Premier League this summer. Their new tax laws are (like Italy) making it difficult for them to sign top players from outside. Not only has Arsenal signed just one player, but Chelsea has signed only one who is likely to get much PT on the senior squad (Zhirkov). The same for Liverpool (Glen Johnson). Manchester United has brought in three players now, but has spent very little of the money they got for Ronaldo in doing it (one was a free transfer and another cost only 3 million pounds). Neither Tottenham nor Aston Villa have signed anyone (despite losing several players each, including Gareth Barry for Villa). Everton's biggest move has been to extend Jo's loan deal (although they did sign a DM from the fourth division of U.S. soccer :D). Manchester City, with all their Middle Eastern billions, has failed thus far in their efforts to sign "big name" players (although they signed a couple of really good players in Barry and Santa Cruz).
So it looks as though the economy and some other factors have made the transfer market difficult for almost everyone. :510:
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 12:32
thanx Maltese,i think ill just stick with the internet
Dutchie, to watch serie A live you have to pay, even if you are in Italy.
Rai TV cannot show direct matches from the Italian league.
Only Sky Sport, and Mediaset Premium show the games.
May be you can watch Coppa Italia, but it can be on Rai 2 or 3.:grinser:
Try to invest in a Sattellite box. Here in Malta some people use are watching it from this, but I don't know what Cam do you need.
I am useing a Cable TV as they are the only ones to have rights.
I feel quite lucky to watch Milan for free (live) almost every week on Fox Soccer Channel, which is part of my digital cable lineup. As Yakov Smirnoff used to say, "America! What a country!" :guw:
So we're leading 0-1 Pippo scored :rone:
Maltese Charlie
12-07-2009, 12:42
Dutchie you are welcome!
At 21 hrs Milan channel will show the Match against Varese and Berlusconi is watching the game and earlier he went to Milanello by his helicopter to support the team.
Waiting for his after the match comments.:grinser:
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 12:45
hahahaha rick you lucky fox,i have some arabic channels like al jazeera,Milan is popular in Middle-East so fingers crossed maybe they will broadcast some games.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 12:49
Who is watching the game and IF you are watching how is Dinho doing and the others,REPORT ASAP PLEASE!
Dutchie you are welcome!
At 21 hrs Milan channel will show the Match against Varese and Berlusconi is watching the game and earlier he went to Milanello by his helicopter to support the team.
Waiting for his after the match comments.:grinser:
No need to wait, mate. We all know exactly what he's gonna say.
When we win, it'll be: I saw an enterprising Milan side that have only just started their training. I believe in Leonardo. Our players have proved they are the best squad, yada yada yada,...... and then the obligatory Ronaldinho CAN replace Kaka.
When we lose or draw, it'll be : I saw an enterprising Milan side that, despite the loss/draw, have only just started their training. I believe in Leonardo. Our players have proved time and again that they are the best squad, yada yada yada,...... and then the obligatory Ronaldinho CAN replace Kaka.
:wow::wow::wow:
Regardless, someone post the comments up here when they're out and lets see how close my guess is :D
Who is watching the game and IF you are watching how is Dinho doing and the others,REPORT ASAP PLEASE!
Well i can't find any working link so I can't tell, but some comentators have said that he's playing like the end of last year.:ilol: ****ing awesome
http://peterwebtv.altervista.org/Canale4.html
here's an audio of the game
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 12:55
Ryo you are right,i was just curious Acmir thnx for the Dinho update
Filipéz 182
12-07-2009, 12:56
thanx Maltese,i think ill just stick with the internet
I'm from belgium and I got Prime Sports. they also have it in holland. its something like 17euro/month. And they show at least 20 live milan serie A games. + some more from uefa cup/CL.
the other games I also watch on the internet.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 13:04
thanx for the tip Filipez but i already got Sport 1 althoug i dont know if they broadcast Serie A,where do you live in Belgium do you speak French or Dutch?
hahahaha rick you lucky fox,i have some arabic channels like al jazeera,Milan is popular in Middle-East so fingers crossed maybe they will broadcast some games.
I hope so. It's frustrating trying to find the games all the time and it's also much more pleasant to watch on a nice, big television than on a computer screen. :r7:
great play by Ronaldinho and Inzaghi scores 0-2
2-0
Another Pippo goal, apparently a Ronaldinho assist.
Berlu is gonna go nuts on the Ronnie praising tonight :D
Inzaghi 0-2
30 goals for Pippo this year? :D
Maltese Charlie
12-07-2009, 13:11
I feel quite lucky to watch Milan for free (live) almost every week on Fox Soccer Channel, which is part of my digital cable lineup. As Yakov Smirnoff used to say, "America! What a country!" :guw:
Even me I watch Milan nearly every time they play,............................... but with a slight difference than you........................................................
It is not free. :sagrin:
Our Cable Tv packages comes without the Sport but we can include the Sport Package at an extra cost of 23 Euros per month.
The Sport Package includes Barclays Premier League, Italian Serie A, Uefa Champions league, Coppa Libertadores and much more international and local events.
2-0
Another Pippo goal, apparently a Ronaldinho assist.
Berlu is gonna go nuts on the Ronnie praising tonight :D
Maybe he'll go crazy and say that we don't need a striker that's even worse:uhm:
Who is watching the game and IF you are watching how is Dinho doing and the others,REPORT ASAP PLEASE!
I was posting in another thread (Summer Friendlies) about this match.
To answer your question, I think Dinho was playing like utter crap for the first 40 minutes. No joke, utter crap.
Towards the end of 1st half, he had one brilliant moment. Dribbling past 2 or 3 defenders and almost scored. 3 minutes into the 2nd half, he was fantastic again and the assist to Pippo was out-of-this-world comfortable. All Pippo needed to do was to tap it in.
I hope that he would keep this form. Granted it was just a lower team, but it was nonetheless positive thing to see.
And Oddo is playing terribly again with his "amazing" crosses in the box.
On other players:
Borriello picks up #22.
Oddo picks up #44. Interesting. I remember he chose #2 last season when Cafu department made that number available. Then he immediately left for Bayern and Matteoni got #2. Now #2 is again available, Oddo wants #44. Maybe he misses his #44 time.
A bunch of youngsters are ready to come in. I saw Albertazzi, Strasser.
Gattuso, Janku, Pippo off.
Janku was bad by the way.
Pippo was lethal.
Seedorf was not bad in my eyes.
and seedorf is now the captain. :)
Even me I watch Milan nearly every time they play,............................... but with a slight difference than you........................................................
It is not free. :sagrin:
Our Cable Tv packages comes without the Sport but we can include the Sport Package at an extra cost of 23 Euros per month.
The Sport Package includes Barclays Premier League, Italian Serie A, Uefa Champions league, Coppa Libertadores and much more international and local events.
Haha. Yeah, I can't really complain at all. On a normal weekend, FSC shows at least three live matches each from both Serie A and EPL. They also show matches from Argentina (although mostly on tape delay these days), as well as UEFA Cup (or whatever they're calling it now), some FA Cup, the MLS and USL games here in the U.S., the U.S. national team and the CONCACAF tournaments, etc. And this year FSC will have the Champions League. ESPN has had the Champions League rights, but FSC won a 3-year package (but ESPN has picked up rights to the La Liga matches, which were previously only available here if you were on satellite and had Gol TV, so we'll probably see a lot of Real Madrid and Barcelona :D).
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 13:25
Hey you guys i went to other milanforums and they are watching the game on livestream.net/com and they are saying Ronnie is on fire and Borriello is playing on the wing and he runs allot he even tracked back to our own half just to win the ball back,oh and they are Oddo is really rubbish he keeps giving terrible passes but Nesta made his minutes without having injuries
And Oddo is playing terribly again with his "amazing" crosses in the box.
I agree. He looks awful especially offensively. We probably should sell him, even though it was only the first friendly of the summer.
Favalli and T. silva look fine to me on the other hand.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 13:28
hey rick i have ESPN AMERICA but now they are just showing baseball and stuff do they also broadcast Milan or soccer
Hey you guys i went to other milanforums and they are watching the game on livestream.net/com and they are saying Ronnie is on fire and Borriello is playing on the wing and he runs allot he even tracked back to our own half just to win the ball back,oh and they are Oddo is really rubbish he keeps giving terrible passes but Nesta made his minutes without having injuries
Thanks Dutchie! Well it seems to be an encouraging start for Ronaldinho, Borriello and Nesta. Those three can be keys to Milan's success this year. :5ok:
hey rick i have ESPN AMERICA but now they are just showing baseball and stuff do they also broadcast Milan or soccer
I would guess that they won't have Milan, but they may very well have some other soccer. I think they just started up ESPN America fairly recently after buying out another European sports network. I'm sure they'll be building their profile there in the coming years and competing for some of the bigger packages. They've finally got their foot in the door for EPL matches in England, buying up part of Setanta's rights. But I'm not really sure what they're doing with it because it isn't available here.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 13:29
hey Xudong how is Silva playing i heard he is doing great
hey Xudong how is Silva playing i heard he is doing great
He looks fine to me. Very promising.
Silva off. Seedorf off. Ronaldinho off. Many newbies on, and Kaladze on.
I don't even know what are playing for us now. :D No name on their back. :)
Ronnie interviewed on the side. Damn I don't understand anything he said. :D
It is amazing that he could turn from the utter trash in the first 40 minutes (and I wasn't exaggerating) to the brilliant self later on. Motivation must be it.
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 13:40
it seems dinho made a good impression and now Berreta is on the field,nice to see Borrie and Nesta back,SELL ODDO
Dutchie, I was just poking around and found that ESPN America has a website that might be of some value. This link is specific to The Netherlands:
http://www.espnamerica.com/portal?open®ion=nl
They also have a forum with a couple of threads specific to ESPN's Premier League rights (but I think that will only be shown in the U.K.):
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=other&id=879&adsfa
it seems dinho made a good impression and now Berreta is on the field,nice to see Borrie and Nesta back,SELL ODDO
Do you know Berretta's #?
Dutchie-Milan
12-07-2009, 13:49
thanx Rick really appreciate it.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.