PDA

View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009


Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Snapster
17-03-2009, 12:19
My first transfer is to get the current doctor teams out and hear a world-class one.

The amount of injury is just incredible; and why are players allowed to go back to play when they are not fully recovered (e.g., Nesta, Borriello, Kaka`)

Or perhaps it's Ancelotti's training fault. I do'nt know.

I'm not sure either! At one point MilanLab were at the forefront of knowledge and everyone wanted to know how we did it.

Now we seem to injure more than we cure. Aren't the best treatment centres around some of the prem English clubs? They seem to have impressive medical centres with allot of tech/science/money behind them.

rt9
17-03-2009, 21:08
Injuries are due to bad luck on the field, not a lack of medical expertise. How were the medical team supposed to prevent Abbiati's knee ligament injury? What about Nesta's back injury? He has always been injury prone---ever since the late 90s when he first made his mark. With Kaka, it was inevitable, after playing continuously for 3 years, and playing with pain in his knee, and playing for his national side, of course, he was going to come down with an injury---this is probably more due to the fact that Carlo did not bother much with squad rotation--Kaka simply played every game. WIth Boriello, I don't know, but it is frustrating to have a new signing out so early in the season.

Jeff
17-03-2009, 22:39
Exactly. By the end of the day, it's Carlo's fault.

Snapster
18-03-2009, 03:01
Injuries are due to bad luck on the field, not a lack of medical expertise. How were the medical team supposed to prevent Abbiati's knee ligament injury? What about Nesta's back injury? He has always been injury prone---ever since the late 90s when he first made his mark. With Kaka, it was inevitable, after playing continuously for 3 years, and playing with pain in his knee, and playing for his national side, of course, he was going to come down with an injury---this is probably more due to the fact that Carlo did not bother much with squad rotation--Kaka simply played every game. WIth Boriello, I don't know, but it is frustrating to have a new signing out so early in the season.

Luck is half the story and medical expertise does count. If your players are pushed too hard in training and don't warm up / down properly they increase the likeliness of getting injured, particularly pulled muscles.

Player tiredness is another example (eg Kaka). If you are physically and mentally tired you are more likely to be late into a tackle or make a mistake when running on the field due to exhaustion.

For the past 3? seasons Carlo has always put our bad start to the season down to bad fitness! Rushing players back do not help either.

mrki
18-03-2009, 07:35
This is the same medical staff that worked with Milan's greatest successes. Players are old and worn out, they tend to get injured more and easier.

Why Pato and Flamini didnt get injured for a long periods?

People talk how ronaldo had too many injuries? Ronaldinho? Kaka' ( who played EVERY ****ing game in past 2 years for the love of god! ), Seedorf ( old ), Maldini, Nesta ( CRONICAL problem, going on for past 2 years but has been solved by medics ) etc.

When we get players that are not wasted and that work regulary we'll have less injuries for long periods. We had some unfortunate inuries: Boriello, Gattuso, Abbiatti... but the rest is to be expected!
----------------------------------

news: Marchetti, Cagliari Gk will meet Milan tommorow and will most likely be our new GK. Buffon has prasied him a lot and to me he seems ok, but I havent seen enough.

ACMILAN1983
18-03-2009, 08:12
Unfortunately I must say mrki is to some degree right with our injury problems. Some of our players are overworked and simply don't get the rest they need, so risk of injury increases, especially when most of these players have been playing around 50-60 games per season in the last few years. We've said this about Pirlo in the past and now Kaka, who we simply cannot rush back.

Another issue is that we do have ageing players, and with age their risk of injury increases. I think we've done reasonably well over the years to have gotten so much out of them, but the time has come where many of our players are past their capability. Maldini was (and to some degree still is) a great example, as is Inzaghi. Same goes with quality, we buy guys like Favalli, Emerson, Beckham and Sheva, but all these guys are well past their best and aren't capable of playing at their previous level frequently.

Next we buy players who are injury prone. Nesta, Ambro, Dinho, Ronaldo and Inzaghi (in the last few years at least) are all well known for the fragility. When you look at our transfer campaigns over the past few years and see so many injury prone players, added to our ageing squad in general then it's no shock we get so many injuries.

Finally, it can't be denied we've been hit with a lot of bad luck with injuries this season. Gattuso, Borriello, Senderos, Bonera, Nesta and now Abbiati, it's quite disturbing that we've suffered so much.

It's depressing to hear today we're after Adriano and Julio Cruz suddenly. Cruz is a good player, but is definitely getting too old and Adriano isn't a player we can rely on. Whilst I don't think we're going to get either, I think we're buying to many big risks without the results we hoped for. We already have too many failed risks in our previous campaigns like Dinho, Sheva, Senderos, Ronaldo and Borriello (though it's not his fault).

mrki, where did you hear Marchetti will meet Milan tomorrow?

Jim_UK
18-03-2009, 08:27
Some recent player links/disgruntled players and whether i think we should get them or not.

Adriano - No
Amauri - Yes
Maxwell - Maybe
Marchetti/Yohann Pelè - Yes
Jiminez - Yes

Hasan Rossonero
18-03-2009, 08:48
Unfortunately I must say mrki is to some degree right with our injury problems. Some of our players are overworked and simply don't get the rest they need, so risk of injury increases, especially when most of these players have been playing around 50-60 games per season in the last few years. We've said this about Pirlo in the past and now Kaka, who we simply cannot rush back.

Another issue is that we do have ageing players, and with age their risk of injury increases. I think we've done reasonably well over the years to have gotten so much out of them, but the time has come where many of our players are past their capability. Maldini was (and to some degree still is) a great example, as is Inzaghi. Same goes with quality, we buy guys like Favalli, Emerson, Beckham and Sheva, but all these guys are well past their best and aren't capable of playing at their previous level frequently.

Next we buy players who are injury prone. Nesta, Ambro, Dinho, Ronaldo and Inzaghi (in the last few years at least) are all well known for the fragility. When you look at our transfer campaigns over the past few years and see so many injury prone players, added to our ageing squad in general then it's no shock we get so many injuries.

Finally, it can't be denied we've been hit with a lot of bad luck with injuries this season. Gattuso, Borriello, Senderos, Bonera, Nesta and now Abbiati, it's quite disturbing that we've suffered so much.

It's depressing to hear today we're after Adriano and Julio Cruz suddenly. Cruz is a good player, but is definitely getting too old and Adriano isn't a player we can rely on. Whilst I don't think we're going to get either, I think we're buying to many big risks without the results we hoped for. We already have too many failed risks in our previous campaigns like Dinho, Sheva, Senderos, Ronaldo and Borriello (though it's not his fault).

mrki, where did you hear Marchetti will meet Milan tomorrow?

It's on gazzetta.

In other news Galliani has said that because of the economic crisis Milan fans should not expect much in the market. Little money will be spent. Also on gazzetta.

So, another summer of disappointment. Too bad for Italian football. It is going down the drain. Berlusconi should sell this club to a willing buyer. Hopefully he does. He has done a lot for us, but it's time for him to move on.

nefremo
18-03-2009, 09:42
If Galliani's words are true and he actually means that we won't even spend 30 mil to buy the players we need.....then it's a shame.

The funny thing is, Galliani is coplaining about the financies but then again doesn't take Gourcuff back (at least that's where all signs are pointing right now, because no one from our camp has come out and said that "we want the boy to come back and he can be an important part of this team"). On top of that we pay subs like Dida (4mil/yr) and Sheva tons of money to keep the bench warm. We keep players like Kaladze (4mil/yr) and Emerson (3.2mil/yr) here and pay them more then Aquilani (0.75mil/yr) gets paid at Roma. Players like Gamberini and Dainelli don't even get paid a MIL a year and then Galliani complains?!?!?!?! How are Kaladze (4mil/yr) or Favalli (2mil/yr) better then the former two? It just makes no sense!

This squad needs some serious trimming and Galliani needs to get to work and take care of this mess. Because the salary that we are paying for some of these clowns is ridiculous and it's hurting us financially. I just can't believe that Galliani has the face to come out and talk about the financial problem when he is the one that has been throwing money around for salaries to players that even a little kid knows that they are not worth that money!!!

If he trims the salary down by cutting unnecessary money to unnecessary people....and we still have financial problems then fine!!! I would understand the non-spending because I love Milan and I don't want the same thing that happened to many clubs in the past (Viola, Lazio, Valencia now, ..etc) to happen to us. BUT untill that happens, I will get sick if I hear Galliani come out one more time and tell us that we have to suffer and watch our team end seasons in February every year because we can't buy the quality that is obviously needed.....while blowing more then 3 mil/yr on a midfielder that has played 3/4 times the whole season.

here is the source I used for the salaries...it's from last year but I don't think much has changed and if anything we have added more weight to our own shoulders with Sheva - http://www.mcalcio.com/494-player-salaries-of-serie-a-kaka-is-the-king/

Hasan Rossonero
18-03-2009, 09:57
Oh right, before I forget, he said "no new goalkeeper". He said we will continue with the awesome duo of Dida and Kalac and wait for Abbiati to return.

Bosniaco
18-03-2009, 10:23
Baldy lives in the past. He said that the two goalkeepers that won us the CL are gonna stays so we dont need new GK. He is an idiot.

ACMILAN1983
18-03-2009, 10:49
thanks Hasan about the Marchetti news source.

About Galliani's latest comments, I have only read the goal.com interpretation so am not sure of his exact words. All I got from it was that he says the transfer market will be different without a lot of deals for cash, but rather player exchanges. If so, I'm not going to complain yet, because we have a lot of dead weight to get rid of and including guys like Emerson and Sheva (although he's not likely) in deals for new players may not be so bad. Imagine swapping Emerson for Mariga of Parma and to me that's a great deal.

Plus in reality, how much are we looking to really spend? For me we need to spend a fair sum in defence for a CB (Santacroce is the hope) and a L/RB. Other players we need for the squad hopefully shouldn't cost much. If we look to retrieve players currently out that we can use (e.g Gourcuff and Abate) and get some talent to strengthen the squad without breaking the bank (let's face it, nobody will spend a fortune for squad players), we should have what we need for the new season. At this point, I don't know how to take Galli's words as he may be saying something quite intelligent. On the other hand, he could just be lying altogether as we know he's rarely trustworthy.

Hasan Rossonero
18-03-2009, 11:33
thanks Hasan about the Marchetti news source.

About Galliani's latest comments, I have only read the goal.com interpretation so am not sure of his exact words. All I got from it was that he says the transfer market will be different without a lot of deals for cash, but rather player exchanges. If so, I'm not going to complain yet, because we have a lot of dead weight to get rid of and including guys like Emerson and Sheva (although he's not likely) in deals for new players may not be so bad. Imagine swapping Emerson for Mariga of Parma and to me that's a great deal.

Plus in reality, how much are we looking to really spend? For me we need to spend a fair sum in defence for a CB (Santacroce is the hope) and a L/RB. Other players we need for the squad hopefully shouldn't cost much. If we look to retrieve players currently out that we can use (e.g Gourcuff and Abate) and get some talent to strengthen the squad without breaking the bank (let's face it, nobody will spend a fortune for squad players), we should have what we need for the new season. At this point, I don't know how to take Galli's words as he may be saying something quite intelligent. On the other hand, he could just be lying altogether as we know he's rarely trustworthy.

We need a big signing in central defence. Like a Mexes or Santacroce.

I read my news from Italian sources, so in those he said we are in an economic crisis. The implications are clear.

If we get rid of deadweight like Sheva, Emerson, Kaladze, Dida etc. I will be happy. However, we've been here before with Galliani. Who knows what he is going to do.

ACMILAN1983
18-03-2009, 13:18
We need a big signing in central defence. Like a Mexes or Santacroce.

I read my news from Italian sources, so in those he said we are in an economic crisis. The implications are clear.

If we get rid of deadweight like Sheva, Emerson, Kaladze, Dida etc. I will be happy. However, we've been here before with Galliani. Who knows what he is going to do.

Yep, definitely agree in the opinion of getting a top CB and imo a fullback. But imagine this scenario...

- We get Marchetti and in return we sell (or swap with Cagliari) Dida.
- We get Santacroce and sell Kaladze (maybe again look to make him part of the deal). In those terms, Kaladze should cover over at least half of what we'd pay for Santacroce.
- We get a top level fullback and we sell Oddo (I think we may be able to get a fair price for him). Like Santacroce, we can maybe look to fund much of this transfer with the sale of Oddo.
- We sell Emerson and get Mariga (maybe put Emerson up as part of the deal) from Parma, who looks a great prospect and shouldn't cost much as Parma are in Serie B right now.
- We bring back Gourcuff and Abate
- We get a new forward and sell Sheva. Whilst Sheva may not be the player he was before, he should bring in a little money considering his marketing value.

Let's see how much we're spending on the whole here. Personally, with these deals we're looking at here I can't imagine us spending more than around 25 million euros here and that's me being fairly pessimistic.

nefremo
18-03-2009, 13:52
I like the ideas there, but I am not too sure that Kaladze would take off half the price of Santacroce! Napoli is not stupid. They have one of the most promising defenders in Italy starting for them and doing very well. He is thought by many to become the next great defender. (even though many before him have failed to actually achieve the end result....that name tag alone will hold the price up) Let's not forget that Kaladze has had a terrible season and is at the very wrong side of 30. He just suffered a huge injury as well. - so even though he will knock down a lot of money, we will still have to come up with a large ammount of cash for Santacroce. My own oppinion is that a number of around 20 mil should do the trick. So something around 14mil + Kala can be enough.

BUT...here is where the tricky part comes in. Kala earns so much with us that Napoli will never be able to give him anywhere near that kind of money. It makes everything so much worse. This is the kind of stuff that makes selling bench-warmers like Sheva, Emerson and Dida so hard to do. These players make so much with us, that no other mid-table Serie A team can even come close to even as a starter salary.




By the way....Can anyone confirm that the players from this link - http://www.mcalcio.com/expiring-contract-soccer-players-2009/ - are all going to be free this summer?!??.....or have some of them extended their contracts and are no longer a part of that list.

there is some interesting players on that list.

Lebanese
18-03-2009, 16:03
Yep, definitely agree in the opinion of getting a top CB and imo a fullback. But imagine this scenario...

- We get Marchetti and in return we sell (or swap with Cagliari) Dida.
- We get Santacroce and sell Kaladze (maybe again look to make him part of the deal). In those terms, Kaladze should cover over at least half of what we'd pay for Santacroce.
- We get a top level fullback and we sell Oddo (I think we may be able to get a fair price for him). Like Santacroce, we can maybe look to fund much of this transfer with the sale of Oddo.
- We sell Emerson and get Mariga (maybe put Emerson up as part of the deal) from Parma, who looks a great prospect and shouldn't cost much as Parma are in Serie B right now.
- We bring back Gourcuff and Abate
- We get a new forward and sell Sheva. Whilst Sheva may not be the player he was before, he should bring in a little money considering his marketing value.

Let's see how much we're spending on the whole here. Personally, with these deals we're looking at here I can't imagine us spending more than around 25 million euros here and that's me being fairly pessimistic.

this looks very good transfer campaign but honestly i cant see it happening. btw kaladze is not a cheap player liverpool likes him so i think kaladze + 2 mil is a fair deal for agger.
the buy out clause in oddos deal is 7.5 mil. we desperately need a left full back, maxwell can do the trick but i absolutely prefer clichy over any other lb . and for oddo i believe we are going to exchange him with lucio, i would pay anything to get breno but bayern aint this stupid.
our sponsor pays us good when we win a trophy so i dont think we will have a good budget for transfers, maybe 10 mil tops which is the budget of a midtable team in english coca cola division. once again the way we reinforce will define our goals and objectives and off course our results. last year adidas paid us 190 mil to sponsor us till 2017, our tv deals is around 80 mil a year. in short milan got the resources but they are living in denial.

GeoTav
18-03-2009, 17:23
I read the previous page and it is "funny":

- Galliani says no new GK (some of you cry for that)
- At the same time, Marchetti seems to be on his way to Milan (rumors)

- Galliani says we won't spend a lot
- We've never been linked with so many players at the same time

The next months are going to be interesting for us and, I think, for Galliani (because I'm sure he loves to say things in medias even when he thinks the contrary).

jovola
18-03-2009, 20:00
Well we have to refresh whole back line and if boriello doesn't recover one powerful striker, the midfield is pretty much solved as
genaro comes back. as for the keepers I go with galliani, as it would be nicer to invest in top sideback and two central backs

Jeff
18-03-2009, 20:40
Whatever he says, the objective is clera:

1) 1 world-class DC
2) 1 world-class LC
3) 1 world-class box-to-box player

Mystik
18-03-2009, 21:08
The objective is clear to whom though? To us or to them?

ACMILAN1983
19-03-2009, 03:50
I like the ideas there, but I am not too sure that Kaladze would take off half the price of Santacroce! Napoli is not stupid. They have one of the most promising defenders in Italy starting for them and doing very well. He is thought by many to become the next great defender. (even though many before him have failed to actually achieve the end result....that name tag alone will hold the price up) Let's not forget that Kaladze has had a terrible season and is at the very wrong side of 30. He just suffered a huge injury as well. - so even though he will knock down a lot of money, we will still have to come up with a large ammount of cash for Santacroce. My own oppinion is that a number of around 20 mil should do the trick. So something around 14mil + Kala can be enough.

BUT...here is where the tricky part comes in. Kala earns so much with us that Napoli will never be able to give him anywhere near that kind of money. It makes everything so much worse. This is the kind of stuff that makes selling bench-warmers like Sheva, Emerson and Dida so hard to do. These players make so much with us, that no other mid-table Serie A team can even come close to even as a starter salary.


Fair point, my point was we can get fair amount of Santacroce's transfer down by including Kala. The other option I mentioned is to sell Kala and use that money for the deal. We know outside of Italy, especially England, teams will likely spend and despite his season Kala's market value shouldn't be less than around 7m euros imo. Santacroce would be between 15-20m euros in the current climate, so I don't think we'd need to break the bank to get him. I think your figure of 14m+Kala is the most we'd have to give for Santacroce. Despite his reputation, we're not living in times where clubs are going to spend insane amounts on players (except in England) and we must remember that even with his status as one of the most promising defenders around, he's still not a star yet, he's not even part of the Italian set up.

Whatever he says, the objective is clera:

1) 1 world-class DC
2) 1 world-class LC
3) 1 world-class box-to-box player

Has Galliani come out and set this? The only people I've heard speaking about these objectives are the fans.

Siregar
19-03-2009, 04:40
No one thinks that a WC striker (physical one) is also much needed? We can't only depend on Pato. If he's out and boom!, we have no striker except Boriello who is average player (despite his overrated season with Genoa) and injury prone Inzaghi who plays only 10-15 games in a season.

If Pato is fit, we still have problem to break a defensive-minded tactcic from mediocre teams. As many have mentioned, a big striker could help us to do better against such teams.

Peachtot
19-03-2009, 04:56
i'm with you siregar ;)

i think we need at least 2 world class player ; one as target man (partnering with pato as support striker) and another one as center back.
Then we need 1 great box to box midfielder with capacity like the old seedorf.

bLOND !-,-!
19-03-2009, 05:18
what r u talking about ? why do we need another striker ?
we have the best in-box , or target man striker in the world, pippo inzaghi, and the best attacker in the world (pato), so why the f*ck we need a striker , when already we have the best attack in the world ?
and ofcourse, now u will complain about pippo's age... ok, sure, he will be like this for maybe 2 more seasons, and that's it... but we have Boriello, don't we ?
boriello is like luca toni, but younger, .. he is even stronger than Toni, and i think that he is faster and technically better... so what the f*ck r u talking about that we need a strong target men, if we already have that ?
and also, even if we really need a new striker, we surely don't need it now, when we have pippo and pato in top form... so this summer we don't need to buy a striker... maybe next summer u should talk about this, but not now for god sakes... do u see how our attack is actually good, ?

Gabriel489
19-03-2009, 05:55
I thought you all should learn by now that, never trust Galli's words.

edysupriadi
19-03-2009, 05:55
what r u talking about ? why do we need another striker ?
we have the best in-box , or target man striker in the world, pippo inzaghi, and the best attacker in the world (pato), so why the f*ck we need a striker , when already we have the best attack in the world ?
and ofcourse, now u will complain about pippo's age... ok, sure, he will be like this for maybe 2 more seasons, and that's it... but we have Boriello, don't we ?
boriello is like luca toni, but younger, .. he is even stronger than Toni, and i think that he is faster and technically better... so what the f*ck r u talking about that we need a strong target men, if we already have that ?
and also, even if we really need a new striker, we surely don't need it now, when we have pippo and pato in top form... so this summer we don't need to buy a striker... maybe next summer u should talk about this, but not now for god sakes... do u see how our attack is actually good, ?

if you still want us to just compete for the 3rd spot in the league, pato, pippo , & 'invisible' borriello are enough, but friend, we need to build a team to fight for each & every season ,(starting this summer) not just merely a season ..

how long do you think pippo will last? he's great , yes everyone knows that but - as siregar mentioned, he'd be available for 10-15 games a season, I remember the total matches of serie A + champions' league + coppa itali are not in the range of 10-15 games?are they?

borriello? he's younger, stronger ,technically better than toni (though I disagree) so what? if he could only get injured again & again & again.. :pr78:

pato? he's extraordinary, but come on he's just 18 , we cant just depend on this kid to carry us thru each & every game.. he's still developing , & let him be, dont spoil his future by giving extraordinary pressure too ! :angf:

we definitely need a WC striker.

:3band:

hany.Egypt
19-03-2009, 06:09
We get a new forward and sell Sheva. Whilst Sheva may not be the player he was before, he should bring in a little money considering his marketing value.
If I am not mistaken, Sheva is not our player he's Chelsea's one so we can't sell him!
I f he was ours then the right stip would be trying to sell him in the Gulf area (Saudi Arabia or Qatar) these people are rich, more rich than what you can imagine, and you can easly convince them to pay around 10 to 15 Mil for Sheva and some kind of 6 or 8 mil for Kaladze, the US league is also another good opion.
P.S. Selling to Arabian & American clubs depends heavily on the players will, so some players may refuse to go.

boring
19-03-2009, 06:24
We get a new forward and sell Sheva.

Wasn't he on a loan? He's still owned by Chelsea..

Sorry for the repeat. Just saw hany.Egypt's post.

Rick
19-03-2009, 07:40
Wasn't he on a loan? He's still owned by Chelsea..

Sorry for the repeat. Just saw hany.Egypt's post.

Sheva is at Milan on loan. There has long been a lot of confusion on that point because the details of the transfer were very murky, but just after Milan's exit from the UEFA Cup the official Chelsea website listed Sheva as a player on loan in a roundup of how their on-loan players are doing:

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1577208,00.html

Filipéz 182
19-03-2009, 07:41
theres not a team in the world that would pay for shevchenko. This guy is an ex-player! I really hope we loaned him and not bought him in the summer.

kakacmilan best
19-03-2009, 07:58
Carlo asked for 2 WC players or he will leave.

Hasan Rossonero
19-03-2009, 08:09
Carlo asked for 2 WC players or he will leave.
So says gazzetta, with no quotations. Always post the source, by the way because otherwise you will get 6 posts asking for the source.

I wish that were true, but Carlo will probably stay. And we will not sign anyone big this summer.

ACMILAN1983
19-03-2009, 08:11
To the posts regarding Sheva. Sorry yes, I think he is on loan and I made a mistake when typing about him (as Rick said the lack of proper details in regards to his transfer made things confusing).

Therefore we will need to spend on a striker, though it's possible we could sell others deemed surplus to requirements (Ambro?) to fund this.

No one thinks that a WC striker (physical one) is also much needed? We can't only depend on Pato. If he's out and boom!, we have no striker except Boriello who is average player (despite his overrated season with Genoa) and injury prone Inzaghi who plays only 10-15 games in a season.

If Pato is fit, we still have problem to break a defensive-minded tactcic from mediocre teams. As many have mentioned, a big striker could help us to do better against such teams.

A world class striker is needed based on how we intend to play next season. Personally, I think our most balanced games this season have been with a back 4, Pirlo, Beckham and Flamini in midfield, Seedorf behind Kaka who is supporting Pato. Therefore, my ideas are based on a system where Gourcuff is given a chance to interpret's Seedorf's role. If we intend to play 2 forwards all season, then we will need a new forward that can play in the first team as a regular, with one of Seedorf, Gourcuff or Dinho being sold. On the other hand, if our strategy is to let Kaka support Pato, then we will need a forward, but not necessarily one that commands a starting spot every game.

boring
19-03-2009, 08:32
However, the next season, Becks will be gone and replaced by Gattuso who wouldnt offer the same options on the field that Beckham does and so the system has to be different from what it has been this season.

He provides natural width (which is a factor contributing to a stable system) and after he goes, there is a risk of slipping to the old system of the Christmas tree that we saw before Rino got injured.

mrki
19-03-2009, 08:44
Obi Mikel is a free player in the summer. For me that could be a normqal choice since he is a versatile, young and quality player for bought for nothing.

Yoan is free, Marchetti has a low clause (4mln I think), Abate is ours, Maxwell could be a pretty cheep player considering he is a valuable fullback...

Papres say Carlo has again asked for two players or he will leave: Alex and Adebayor or Eto'o.

Imaggine Milan gets Marchetti, Nesta fit, there's Thiago, Abate, Yoan, Mikel, Maxwell, and POSSIBLY one or two "big" players coach ased for.

That looks like its too much, but it does not ask for big money and its quite possible and, as far as Im concerned, a smart mercato.

Christian
19-03-2009, 09:13
Carlo asked for 2 WC players or he will leave.

I think it's great to see that Carlo is finally showing some cojones. I think generally the club would be much better of, from a sporting point of view, if the coach had more control over the transfers. That's one of the big reasons for the decline of Calcio as of late in my opinion, bad transfers because of General Managers who don't necessarily know exactly what the team needs.

His choices seem odd though, according to channel4, he wants Alex and Adabayor/Drogba. Alex is fine, would definetly think an Italian CB would be better with the whole 6/5 rule lurking, but given his current status at Chelsea it would be a decent transfer. Adabayor is terrible though, a one season wonder, he's simply not good enough considering his value, and he's hardly an upgrade from Borriello. Drogba, though a great striker, is to old and would be a bad choice in the long run the way i see it.

Anyways, anyone read about the suposed Trezeguet/Seedorf - swap? http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/03/19/1163376/report-juventus-milan-ponder-david-trezeguet-clarence-seedorf-swa

sounds like a pretty good deal for us, and for Juve for that matter.

Lebanese
19-03-2009, 09:39
Obi Mikel is a free player in the summer. For me that could be a normqal choice since he is a versatile, young and quality player for bought for nothing.

Yoan is free, Marchetti has a low clause (4mln I think), Abate is ours, Maxwell could be a pretty cheep player considering he is a valuable fullback...

Papres say Carlo has again asked for two players or he will leave: Alex and Adebayor or Eto'o.

Imaggine Milan gets Marchetti, Nesta fit, there's Thiago, Abate, Yoan, Mikel, Maxwell, and POSSIBLY one or two "big" players coach ased for.

That looks like its too much, but it does not ask for big money and its quite possible and, as far as Im concerned, a smart mercato.

yeah nice and smart mercato but this gonna cost big money which i doubt we are gonna do.

marcetti? we have kalac and dida to ship off dida WONT join a smaller team due to his huge salary new castle was interested in him let us hope we sell him for 4 mil to get marchetti out of this deal. kalac send him to spain for 1 million.

alex is avery good player but it really scares me to have 2 brazilians cbs. we are linked to at least 10 cbs Agger, lucio, alex, cris, gallas, mexes, santacroce, ivanovic, kjaer, bovo, canini and palermo #80 (the ugly face).

Maxwell i am not sure inter will want to sell us this player and he is not as bad as some think, if you have ever watched 2007 inter games you will change your mind but once again inter wont sell and he wont come cheap 10 mil, i'd take Clichy for the left back, with clichy we have a very strong power on the left. and i doubt janku will want to be a sub for him. roma likes janku, but i'd keep him for the midfield .

Obi mike is indeed young and useful but we need to ship off one of gattuso, flamini or ambrosini (emerson is gonna go) i doubt milan will want to sell any of those but we as fans will want to sell ambrosini . fiorentina always wanted him but once again i doubt we are gonna sell. gattuso, flamini, ambrosini, Obi mikel is too much dms (who will want to be 3rd and 4th choiche) though i know ancelotti wouldnt mind 10 dms.

Abate it depends on torino and the player him self. torino might go to serie B. and if not they want Gourcuff and inzaghi as a part of the exchange. and abate knows he isn't a first team choice for ancelotti unless he adjust to a wide defensive midfielder.

Gourcuff its looks more possible that he is coming back but what scares me that milan will exchange him with a player gourcuff-maxwell gourcuff-clichy which is a very stupid move gourcuff is at least worth 35 mil hes 22 national team starer and with so much talent(he benched nasri and ben arfa). and if he stays 3 of our current midfield will have to go seedorf , emerson and beckham/ambrosini.

upfront sheva is leaving as milan are willing to pay 13 mil to chelsea, and we are linked to adebayor and etoo, the later will be cheaper if he decides to leave other wise adebayor will at least cost 30/35 mil.

such mercato is at least cost 60 mil is a normal budget considering the amounts of wages milan are about to cut. but we all know milan will not spend such amount.

P.S Happy bday Sandro now he is 33 with back problem, getting back to his best looks impossible to be achieved. :(

Lebanese
19-03-2009, 09:56
abbiati zambrotta santacroce thiago silva clichy gattuso pirlo flamini kaka pato etoo/adebayor

thats the strongest team in the world, this is a dream team

Hasan Rossonero
19-03-2009, 10:12
From acmilan.com:


ADRIANO GALLIANI: "Kakà is not for sale, Milan careful about the opportunities"
3/19/2009

MILAN - Adriano Galliani, whose phrases from yesterday were referred to the Italian situation in general, and not specifically to Milan, had an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport today, published on page 8. This is the passage of the interview reserved in particular about Milan: "Kaka is not for sale. Our fans must be serene. Milan do not need more reinforcements than other teams. Apart from the strong Thiago Silva, another defender will arrive. And anyway, Milan will be careful about the opportunities which will be present."

rosoneri_11
19-03-2009, 10:29
I think that also Mourinho will try to sign his ex-player at chelsea Mikel.And i think he will have the advantage on that.

So Carlo (if its true) has waked up and demands what should he demand coaching a world class club,....... world class players.
But is he sayιng those things because he knows that he can go to Madrid if he wants to, and he can use that as an excuse if berlu do not do his wishes?

Whatever happens i can see us competing again next season for the 2nd or 3rd place with Inter 1st with many points above us.
If we need a world class LB do you know what is going to do Berlu and Galiani? They gonna put zambro LB and they will buy Panucci on free of course as a RB.
This is our genious managment, buy crap not needed players and make a crap team because i can't spend anymore after 20 years so many euros just on a team.

rosoneri_11
19-03-2009, 10:32
From acmilan.com:


ADRIANO GALLIANI: "Kakà is not for sale, Milan careful about the opportunities"
3/19/2009

MILAN - Adriano Galliani, whose phrases from yesterday were referred to the Italian situation in general, and not specifically to Milan, had an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport today, published on page 8. This is the passage of the interview reserved in particular about Milan: "Kaka is not for sale. Our fans must be serene. Milan do not need more reinforcements than other teams. Apart from the strong Thiago Silva, another defender will arrive. And anyway, Milan will be careful about the opportunities which will be present."


Galiani? Ye he is not for sale, but he accepted Man Citt's offer to sell Kaka.Idiot. I don't trust him for nothing.

ACMILAN1983
19-03-2009, 10:51
However, the next season, Becks will be gone and replaced by Gattuso who wouldnt offer the same options on the field that Beckham does and so the system has to be different from what it has been this season.

He provides natural width (which is a factor contributing to a stable system) and after he goes, there is a risk of slipping to the old system of the Christmas tree that we saw before Rino got injured.

True, but I've already suggested a change in shape of the midfield in the Pirlo thread. I only meant that our greatest balance this season was found when we played the side with an extra midfielder. Personally, I think it's a starting point to build on.

spina_don
19-03-2009, 11:25
However, the next season, Becks will be gone and replaced by Gattuso who wouldnt offer the same options on the field that Beckham does and so the system has to be different from what it has been this season.

He provides natural width (which is a factor contributing to a stable system) and after he goes, there is a risk of slipping to the old system of the Christmas tree that we saw before Rino got injured.

That is when Abate comes into play...I think Abate can offer what Beckham has...He should certainly come back

Siregar
19-03-2009, 12:24
True, but I've already suggested a change in shape of the midfield in the Pirlo thread. I only meant that our greatest balance this season was found when we played the side with an extra midfielder. Personally, I think it's a starting point to build on.

I agree with your opinion about putting Pirlo more forward compare to his role now. Flamini and Pirlo can build and manage the play. Regarding the 2-striker formation and Flamini-Pirlo partnering, I think it's better for us to use that formation (two strikers) as we will have just more space upfront, also more chances to score and the trio Flam-Pirlo-Rino will be a very good help for our defenders. But I have to stress that we need a WC striker otherwise the chances will be useless or even the situation could force Carlo to use a single-striker formation.

If we can get a solid left fullback, like you posted in Gourcuf's thread, we can play Gourcuf on the left side like he did in the early months of his stay with Milan or even take Pirlo's suggested new role. This only will make very good competition for our midfielders : Flamini, Gattuso and Pirlo even Kaka since Gourcuff can play also behind the two strikers. We have seen how excellent Gattuso's improvement this season. Flamini's arrival must play some (if not whole) important role on that.

So, I still think we should play with 2-striker formation like we did before 2006/07 and only use christmas-three formation in certain games. The proofs are already there (season 2002/03 until 2005/06 both in Serie A and Champions League).

In my opinion what kind of WC players Milan need (a must) to be able to really compete both in Serie A and Champions League are :
1. Two WC central defenders (or one WC CD plus one solid left/right fullback)
2. A WC forward, big/physical striker much preferable
3. A WC creative/offensive midfielder

Some other decent players can be added to substitute injured players, out-going players and retiring players.

The WC players must cost us much but that will be our investation for the next 5 years and that will be worth IMO.

mrki
19-03-2009, 12:42
I really dont think Milan wiull pay for Clichy. He is an expencive player. Maxwell could come with a small fee to Inter. Milan and Inter are in good terms, dont let the papers fool you.

And Yoan, Abate, Thiago...its all almost 0 euro this summer. Abate is co-owned and it will be solved. You cannot sariousely think Torino will ask for Pippo or Yoan, its not possible in this universe.

In any case, after reading some italian comments lately from gazzetta.it,caliomercato etc., I have found that HUGE ammount of Rossoneri in Italy ask for Berlusconi to sell the club if he doesnt want to invest and supporters ask for real investments.

Galliani says one more CB? Thats great, but it will not solve our problems with slow midfield, unfit Dinho, Pirlo, Seedorf who cant play more then 10 good games per year, MArek as LB, Ambrosini whos form is dropping rapidly etc.

Also Carlo wanting one class CF means clear NO to Ronaldinho in Milan as a serious first 11 player. Its pretty obvious. no Dinho or Eto'o/Adebayor will sit on the bench in big CL games.

On the sidenote: Eto'o>>>Adebayor...

P.S.

Seedorf for Trez - any day. But it is not possible.

nefremo
19-03-2009, 15:50
True Mrki.....Milan won't pay for Clichy. However I would rather not pay for Clichy and use the money for a CB (Santacroce). As for a left back....we can look into something cheaper like you said Maxwell.....or someone I have in mind and really like as a player....Grosso. Add to that a free Pannuci + healthy Nesta (I am praying for that) and you have a defence of:

Zambro - - - - - -Santacroce - - - - - Nesta - - - - - Grosso
Pannuci - - - - - -Silva - - - - - - - - Bonera - - - - - Janku
Mattioni- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - Antonini

Out go Maldini, Favalli, Kaladze and Oddo.

From these players :Zambro and Antonini can play both flanks.
Santacroce and Bonera can play on the right when needed. And Pannuci can play in the center in case of emergency or whenever needed.
*Darmian can stay, but it would be much better if he is finally loaned out. Jankulovski can also play in the middle which is where I would much rather have him anyway.

As for the midfield, I would really look into D'Agostino from Udinese. I think he is a great player and can give Pirlo a run for his money. Add to that Gourcuff + Abate and you get a refuvinated midfield without Emerson and Seedorf.

Pirlo, D'Agostino, Gattuso, Abate, Ambrosini, Flamini, Beckham (if he comes in Jan.) + Gourcuff who can also obviously play further up the field ......we also have youngsters like Strasser and Cardaccio who can either be loaned out or kept in the squad.

As for up front.....I personally am still split. I believe in Ronaldinho although my patience is running out. BUT, how can you not believe when the man walks into the game with 15 mins to go and creates two 100% opportunities out of which Pato scored one going around the keeper and Pippo missed one by blowing it over the bar with on the keeper in front of him. I think we are going to have to implement Dinho as a forward. Because it is obvious that he wont chase back in our own half much, so as long as he comes back to the midfield line then it's all good. Use him and Pato as forwards (although Dinho a little behind Pato) and Kaka behind them with Pippo and Boriello comming in or starting whenever needed.

Concidering that Sheva leaves, then we will need another forward but one that doesn't necessarily demand a starting position and a 4 mil/yr salary.

That would be the ideal situation, but if Dinho starts acting up and not running then I guess nobody can help him but himself. It's just amazing how much talent the man has that it's sad not to play him.

By the way....I would exchange Seedorf for Trez in a second as well. You can't say no to a player that GUARANTEES 20 goals a season.

I am also split on a GK, because I think that Abbiati was one of the best in Serie A this year but this injury is now playing with my mind.

Anyhow, a mercato of the following players would satisfy me personaly.

Grosso, Santacroce, Pannuci, Abate, Gourcuff, D'Agostino + ST.

out - Dida, Maldini, Favalli, Kaladze, Oddo, Emerson, Seedorf, Shevchenko

These players shouldn't cost too much. Santacroce and D'Agostino shouldn't cost more then 30 mil put together plus Grosso (the most 7/8 mil). Pannuci comes for free as does Gourcuff while Abate's deal should be settled without much craziness.

It might seem a little too much but if we sell players like Emerson, Seedorf, Kaladze, Dida, Oddo, (get rid of Sheva's salary on top of all these onther clowns)....then it is very possible that the club will spend somewhere around 30 mil to repair what has been badly damaged for the past couple of years.

Lebanese
19-03-2009, 15:52
lol now we are being linked to zarate. kaka pato zarate the fastet trident on earth

Fret
19-03-2009, 16:17
Add to that a free Pannuci + healthy Nesta (I am praying for that) and you have a defence of:



Panucci?????? Let's pair him up with Figo then and we rule on the right flank for decades... :)

nefremo
19-03-2009, 16:35
I know it sounds funny. Maybe even ridiculous. He is 35, but he comes free and still has some good games in him. He is only an emergency back up and shouldn't play more then 10 games a season, and probably not even that if everyone stays healthy.

I wish we had money to pay for another player, but we also need players in other positions plus we have some players leaving the club. So no money + the mess we are in = you have to be smart about where you put your money.

I personally mind having Pannuci or even Canna since they come for free. But Canna would demand a starting spot and a much much higher salary.

Siregar
19-03-2009, 16:42
About Grosso to be starter, I doubt he will be able to do well the job as fullback. He will 32 years old next season and he was not famous to have a very good fitness nor was known for very good ability at defending.

With how our defence have been doing this season, I won't bet to rely on two 32-year-old fullbacks and new pairing and unproven (Santa-Silva, Alex-Silva, Zapata-Silva) CDs to guard our defence next season. Even if Nesta is fit next season, I still think we really need more than a Grosso because our defence is just terrible and Grosso is not the right player to help the defence getting MUCH better.

nefremo
19-03-2009, 18:49
I guess it's a matter of oppinion.

Anyhow, I never heard that Grosso was not known for his fitness. From what I've seen, he looks fine physically.

I also don't see a problem in relying on two 32 yr old backs. As a matter of fact, I would rather rely on a 32 yr old back (Grosso) + a new defensive pair rather then a young back + a new defensive pair. Ironically.......a 32 yr old fullback has by far been our most solid and stable defender this year (Zambro).

Also, Grosso and Zambro played together for Italy and do exceptionally well. And if Nesta is healthy like you said, then I really don't see a problem as only one of Silva and Santacroce will start. If both of them start then we can easily play Zambro on the left and Santacroce on the right.

Anyway....like I said about Panucci, I would much rather get Clichy. But he will cost a lot of money. And in the situation that we are, I think it's one big money (20mil) signing this summer......so take your pick. CB or LB?I would rather pay for a CB and get a bargain on the LB spot.

About the CB pair being new.......that's just the price we will have to pay for sleeping in the markets for the past 2 yrs. No matter who we get...RB,CB,LB,....the defence will need a lot of work. Not just in purchases but also in getting them gelled together. That's why getting Nesta back next year is so important. Because his ability to position himself on the field makes everyone around him better.....even if he is not at 100%.

GeoTav
19-03-2009, 19:19
Grosso is not a solution for us ... not because he is too old or anything else, just because he isn't good enough for us.

He is an average player who had a good season and then played like a champion at the last World Cup, then he was benched for one year in Inter and went to Lyon where, even if it is Ligue 1, he plays averagely well, he can be very good and decisive one week end and become the worst of all the defenders of Ligue 1 the following week end ...

If we are willing to take an ex-Inter player, let's go for Maxwell (what ? He isn't an ex-Inter player yet ? :D).

nefremo
19-03-2009, 19:29
We aren't even linked with Grosso, so I don't want to create controvercy. :ilol: But the two LB that we are linked with are Clichy and Maxwell. One of them will be expensive and the other one I doubt will come to us because Inter will much rather sell elsewhere.

Gabriel489
19-03-2009, 21:59
If Milan go after the SPecial One and managed to sign him as coach. That will be the end to finishing 3rd for us and we will finish 1st or 2nd for the next few years. I know some of you say his style is boring....but I would rather see us winning than fighting for CL spot at the end of the season.

Rick
19-03-2009, 23:08
theres not a team in the world that would pay for shevchenko. This guy is an ex-player! I really hope we loaned him and not bought him in the summer.

Chelsea would not currently be writing about him as an on-loan player on their official website if they had sold him to Milan, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

However, I think to say that no club in the world would buy him is an extreme exaggeration. He may no longer have the skills to play for Milan or Chelsea, but there are thousands of clubs in the world who would jump at the chance to buy him (at a price they could afford, of course).

Rick
19-03-2009, 23:19
But the two LB that we are linked with are Clichy and Maxwell. One of them will be expensive and the other one I doubt will come to us because Inter will much rather sell elsewhere.

This is true. And it now appears that Arsenal has a good chance to hang onto that final Champions League spot. If they do, there's no way Arsenal will be selling Clichy at almost any price. As for Maxwell, I don't know why people even waste time talking about him as a potential Milan player for next season. There is no way in hell that Inter will sell him to Milan. Nope. Nada. Ain't gonna happen. Maxwell's agent is just spewing crap in an attempt to get Inter to pony up a big new contract or sell him to somebody else. If Maxwell lets his contract run out, he could join Milan in 2010 if that's what he really wants. But Milan has about as much chance of buying him from Inter as Inter has of buying Zambrotta from Milan -- zilch.

boring
20-03-2009, 03:41
I don't understand why there is so much talk of Clichy moving to Milan because in Feb he said he wouldnt move next season irrespective of whether Arsenal make it to the top 4 or not.

ACMILAN1983
20-03-2009, 03:57
I don't think signing an ageing fullback is a good choice right now as we will end up in the same situation too soon, and we seriously need to plan longer term. With most of our midfield around 30, in a year or two we will need to rebuild pretty much the whole department, and if we have to get defenders again (don't forget Zambro can't last too long) then we'll find it very difficult.

This is also why I'd be willing to bring in Mariga and sell Ambro. Ambro's been a good servant to the club for years but he's not in great shape these days and is on the wrong side of 30. Mariga is young, should be cheap and has really come out from no where this season. I don't believe he's going to disappear and is a talent worth taking a risk with, and will lessen the burden we face when we're forced to look for replacements for Rino and Pirlo in the not too distant future.

Siregar
20-03-2009, 04:05
I don't know anything about Mariga but it looks like he is a promising talent. With our squad right now, even Ambrosini leaves Milan, he will get few chances to play since we have two world class defensive midfielders : Gattuso and Flamini.

If it's up to me and it's true Mariga is a hot prospect, I'll buy half of his contract like we did to Parma's big fullback (CMIIW) and let Mariga play for Parma for another 1-2 seasons. Gattuso will be 31 years old next season and Flamini will be his deputy and also alternative choice for other position. Mariga can come if he is ready to play for big club in a time when Gattuso is 33-34 years old, I hope. :D

Lebanese
20-03-2009, 07:20
If Milan go after the SPecial One and managed to sign him as coach. That will be the end to finishing 3rd for us and we will finish 1st or 2nd for the next few years. I know some of you say his style is boring....but I would rather see us winning than fighting for CL spot at the end of the season.

with 3 in the startin 11 signings you will be able to win the scudetto easily.

abbiati
zambrotta silva nesta/new player new lb
gattuso pirlo flamini
kaka
pato borriello/new striker

this base formation is on papers and on the field the strongest. and you can have a strong reserve as well :marchetti, mattioni bonera kaladze antonini janku ambrosini seedorf gourcuff abate ronaldinho inzaghi

i mean come on give any team the # of injuries we are suffering and then tell me if they rnt gonna suffer. our management is laughable and our transfers are ridiculous but you cant ignore the fact that our injuries ended any hope for us to achieve something.

btw stop calling mourinho the special one because he just proved to be as ignorant as the EPL and as dumb as the english media. and i would stick to ancelotti and his mistakes or leonardo the unproven then to win all the trophies in the world under mourinho .

with all due respect to all who see a good coach in mourinho, i just call them a glory hunters who managed to watch a couple of games for chelsea and then decided to be football fans

ACMILAN1983
20-03-2009, 08:13
I don't know anything about Mariga but it looks like he is a promising talent. With our squad right now, even Ambrosini leaves Milan, he will get few chances to play since we have two world class defensive midfielders : Gattuso and Flamini.

If it's up to me and it's true Mariga is a hot prospect, I'll buy half of his contract like we did to Parma's big fullback (CMIIW) and let Mariga play for Parma for another 1-2 seasons. Gattuso will be 31 years old next season and Flamini will be his deputy and also alternative choice for other position. Mariga can come if he is ready to play for big club in a time when Gattuso is 33-34 years old, I hope. :D

I started following Mariga a little since we were linked to him towards the end of last year and I must say he impresses me the more I see of him. I generally see us using both Rino and Flamini in the first team next season, so we'll need an option coming off the bench, which Mariga would be capable of doing.

Still, I like your idea of getting half of his contract (or maybe get him fully and loan him back), as we do need to consider our future and the players in our midfield in the long run.

Just though people might like this article I read earlier. It's pretty interesting and I feel could be relevant to us.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/03/19/1164103/players-in-italy-are-not-looked-after-properly-massimo-neri

Lebanese
20-03-2009, 08:46
I started following Mariga a little since we were linked to him towards the end of last year and I must say he impresses me the more I see of him. I generally see us using both Rino and Flamini in the first team next season, so we'll need an option coming off the bench, which Mariga would be capable of doing.

Still, I like your idea of getting half of his contract (or maybe get him fully and loan him back), as we do need to consider our future and the players in our midfield in the long run.

Just though people might like this article I read earlier. It's pretty interesting and I feel could be relevant to us.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/03/19/1164103/players-in-italy-are-not-looked-after-properly-massimo-neri

Earlier this season Gazzetta claimed that milan have a done deal over Cigarini, i dont know how true this is but milan and parma are in good terms then the mysterious marco rossi thing and now mariga, Mariga has a potential to be as good as diara he is already a good player and as his ex-agent says in a couple of years he can see him play with likes of ac milan and real madrid. his price tag is believed to be 8 mil. he is worth that kind of money because he is best described as a modern footballer has a bit of everything very good as dm and has a vision of classical central midfielder and has no problem scoring.

i say we go for him and not obi mikel because the later is a typical english/african player. a red card every two games.

Hasan Rossonero
20-03-2009, 08:56
Gazzetta says that Juve intend to spend a lot of money this summer. Gigli says that they will buy the necessary reinforcements to make the team competitive.

Quaglierella, Cassano, Diego and Silva are some of the names being mentioned. They will also not sell any of their stars.

Lebanese
20-03-2009, 09:13
juve always know how and where to spend.

ACMILAN1983
20-03-2009, 10:40
Earlier this season Gazzetta claimed that milan have a done deal over Cigarini, i dont know how true this is but milan and parma are in good terms then the mysterious marco rossi thing and now mariga, Mariga has a potential to be as good as diara he is already a good player and as his ex-agent says in a couple of years he can see him play with likes of ac milan and real madrid. his price tag is believed to be 8 mil. he is worth that kind of money because he is best described as a modern footballer has a bit of everything very good as dm and has a vision of classical central midfielder and has no problem scoring.

i say we go for him and not obi mikel because the later is a typical english/african player. a red card every two games.

I don't get the impression we'll get Cigarini, I'd be surprised if we do. Bear in mind Cigarini is no longer in Parma, so our good relationship with them may have little bearing on him coming.

The Marco Rossi thing I think was nothing more than a minor rumour, that was suggested when we were looking at getting a fullback (prior to getting Mattioni).

As for Mariga, I think we were linked to him towards the start of the season (again, this was when Rino got injured so may just be a little rumour like Marco Rossi), so not sure if we are linked to him now. Many compare him to Essien, and someone here compared him to Rijkaard. Personally, I'm not a fan of Obi Mikel, he's not a bad player by any margin, but I'm yet to see what's so good about him.

mrki
20-03-2009, 12:07
bah,,,Galliani speaks of italians who cant spend much coz of xrisis....then Morattiand Juve are said to spend big and reinforce big. I hope they do! So the fans can see its Berlusconi who doesnt want to pay.

Lebanese
20-03-2009, 12:37
The management are aware of this situation. and i believe milan fans across italy and in milano are getting impatient. 2 days ago galliani came up and said no big reinforcements are gonna happen and at the same day the offical website wrote that galliani was describing the situation as awhole for italian football.
there will be players arriving but they are working under the low low

Lebanese
20-03-2009, 12:39
I don't get the impression we'll get Cigarini, I'd be surprised if we do. Bear in mind Cigarini is no longer in Parma, so our good relationship with them may have little bearing on him coming.

he is co-owned by parma

Mordicai
20-03-2009, 12:49
bah,,,Galliani speaks of italians who cant spend much coz of xrisis....then Morattiand Juve are said to spend big and reinforce big. I hope they do! So the fans can see its Berlusconi who doesnt want to pay.

Perhaps Galliani is playing with the psychology and vulnerability of the market in this economic environment.He always plays down transfer targets or even purposely mislead the media in the process of a transfer,like telling the press that Milan won't sign any more players and then a week later Mattioni arrives lol.

So i wouldn't take what Galliani says to the press regarding transfers at face value.

There really is no point in appearing desperate either especially to the media,our club needs no introduction and players who would truly embrace Milans colors for more than the immediate monetary value that comes with playing for a big club will already be @ the negotiating table regardless of how desperate we appear,it just gives incentive for agents/clubs to drive up prices.

I'm sure Milans scouts/agents have targets already and we'll have to see how it goes.

My fantasy/dream transfers for the positions we need reinforcing....

Benzema and Agger
get Gourcuff back on loan


But what i can see happening is Milan going for an accessible CB,someone who's aging but not too old,reliable and willing to part with their club like Lucio who said in an interview not long ago that he's not a starter anymore and wouldn't mind coming to Milan.By no means am i saying this is our BEST option,just trying to figure out the likely scenario.

Tony75
20-03-2009, 14:00
Personally I'm expecting another bad market. I can't see us signing the players we need, taking back any youngsters, or offloading our poor performers. Nothing will change expect Galliani's excuses for our market failings.

Lebanese
20-03-2009, 14:48
Perhaps Galliani is playing with the psychology and vulnerability of the market in this economic environment.He always plays down transfer targets or even purposely mislead the media in the process of a transfer,like telling the press that Milan won't sign any more players and then a week later Mattioni arrives lol.

So i wouldn't take what Galliani says to the press regarding transfers at face value.

There really is no point in appearing desperate either especially to the media,our club needs no introduction and players who would truly embrace Milans colors for more than the immediate monetary value that comes with playing for a big club will already be @ the negotiating table regardless of how desperate we appear,it just gives incentive for agents/clubs to drive up prices.

I'm sure Milans scouts/agents have targets already and we'll have to see how it goes.

My fantasy/dream transfers for the positions we need reinforcing....

Benzema and Agger
get Gourcuff back on loan


But what i can see happening is Milan going for an accessible CB,someone who's aging but not too old,reliable and willing to part with their club like Lucio who said in an interview not long ago that he's not a starter anymore and wouldn't mind coming to Milan.By no means am i saying this is our BEST option,just trying to figure out the likely scenario.


off course something is being cooked at via turati. but the press are always throwing names
and nothing seems to be certain. there are many alternatives on the market and some good players are for free such as eboue.

dream signings wont do us any good. we need 3 players for starting 11 and another 3 for back up

Tony75
20-03-2009, 15:32
Eboue isn;t good.

Gabriel489
20-03-2009, 22:46
Just don't trust Galli's words. Unless it is official don't believe anything. B/c the thing I hate the most is that Galli and Berlu will play down.....fans get piss off... then one great signing happened....everyone is happy but forget that we actually need more than one signing to be great....by the time, everyone realise it, our season is already over and with nothing to play for.....
kind of like this season.

rt9
20-03-2009, 23:11
I too am expecting quite a lame market. Seems like Galliani and co are still in denial and still feel that this squad is "competitive" blah blah blah. Seems like they will make one or two mediocre signings---as always, and then end up spending more money on their salaries.

I really wonder, if the economic climate is so bad, how is it that Juve and INter can still make big signings whereas we are stuck with second rate players. I just wish we would identify which player we need (Adebayor) and then just negotiate a price with Arsenal, spend the big money, and then see how we do. We need to take risks sometimes. Barca did this when they bought Alves, huge money, but it has paid off, and then they made a mistake with Hleb, fairly big money, but didnt quite work out. But if anything at least they identified the players they needed and then went after them, rather than us---just snapping whatever comes cheap. If Flamini was not available for free, we'd never get him. If Beckham was still in his prime, we'd never pay a transfer fee to get him. If Sheva was still good, we'd never get him. If Zambro was five years younger, we couldnt afford him. THis is just ridiculous.

will4li
20-03-2009, 23:29
Carlo made it loud and clear that we need alex and adebayor.I think besides these 2,we also need a wc wingback(left or right),then we will be complete.

K77SH C
21-03-2009, 06:52
Carlo made it loud and clear that we need alex and adebayor.I think besides these 2,we also need a wc wingback(left or right),then we will be complete.

For me Etoo is a better player than Adebayor. But Adebayor is younger and more the kind of player we need, where as Etoo would be yet another 'Duplicate'.

Not too big on Alex, not the quickest and I dont want Milan to be completely Brazilian. He wont be cheap anyway, so whats the point? I would much rather see Milan buy Zapatta AND Santacrocce. Both quick, both strong and dynamic, one is Italian and young.

With these two players Carlo could experiment with the defence and Santacroce could play rightback while Zambro switched over to leftback.

Honestly speaking these three signings would make me jump. Our midfield would have 2 goal threat options ahead at all times in Pato/ Adebayor/ Boriello/ Inzaghi and would be backed up by a solid defence!

We obviously dont need anymore playmakers as we have Ronnie and Kaka, we are covered for DMs in Rino, Flamini (Starting to shine), Janku (In midfield shows why we signed him) and Ambro (Should be the best 4th choice DM in the world if Ancelotti stops preferring him)

Between Pirlo, Seedorf and Beckham we have more industrious creativity in midfiled. Personally, Id like to see Gourcuff loaned out one more season to a team that wont cater for him such as Lyon or an Italian side. With Ancelotti still at the helm, its too much a risk him coming back. With another season's experience, hopefully rave reviews after a good world cup performance and a consolidated Milan defence I think he would have everything in place to shine at Milan. The coach by 2010/2011 may be different anyway.

mrki
21-03-2009, 07:14
I am sure that if carlo stays as a coach he'll want Adebayor and not Eto'o, as he always speaks of a big forvard. Im also pretty "sure" if Carlo is a coach Yoan will not play in Milan and could be used for Adebayor trade as Wenger sees great player in Gourcuff ( which is normal ).

For me, Eto'o is twice of a player Adebayor is...but aguess the power of a big forward can be usefull in serie a.

But I dont see the point as Milan has Ronaldinho and its NOt possible to play Dinho, Kaka', Pato AND Adebayor in big games. Maybe we'll rotate and everyone will be happy...which is not possible as Carlo uses 13-14 players per season... we'll see.

But we need to have in mind that next year Inter and Juve will be also much stronger, specially Inter where crazy Moratti is desperate and will pay whatever Mourinho asks. Most likjely one forward ( Drogba! ) and one creative central midfielder ( Diego ), and one CB.

And even when we buy one Cb and opne CF, what is about the midfield??? Pirlo, Seedorf, Amgbrosini will continue to "play"? Coz I havent seen them actually play this year. They just stood on the field. I dont understand how people think our midfield is good enough for CL and serie a next year?? We have 3 modern and capable players playing at highest level and tempo: Flamini, Gattuso and Kaka'. One more in Gourcuff and he'll not paly witn Ancelotti. The rest is history of football: Pirlo, Beckham, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Dinho... its all fun to wantch. But lets look at the tempo in CL and get real. those players are comical tempo wise.

K77SH C
21-03-2009, 08:31
I suppose we have differing views.

In my opinion, we only have one reliable striker. Just imagine if Pato had been injured this season. Thats why we need Adebayor/ Etoo whoever. It doesnt matter how they are juggled, as long as there is someone to be juggled.

The reason why I am much more concerned about the defence than the midfield, is because the only proven and still capable defender we have is Zambro. The midfield is full of players who backed up by a good defence and attack still have plenty to offer.

A midfield made up of Kaka, Pirlo, Gatusso and Flamini is still as good as any other midfield. We cant expect them to make up for deffiecencies in front of them and behind them.

People talk about Xavi, in front of him he has strikers like Ettoo, Henry and Bojan. Behind him he has defenders like Puyol, Milito, Abidal, Alvez,Marquez Pique.

Where as Pirlo has only Pato in front of him and only Zambrotta who can be called reliable behind him. If he isnt going forward, its because his teamamtes are crumbling behind him.

Even if you look at Man U. Carick is no where the player Pirlo is. But he has strikers like Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez in front of him and defenders like Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra behind him.

And please dont mention Ronaldhinio and Kaka as I havent mentioned players like Messi or Ronaldo.

The truth is, we could bring in a new midfielder like Gourcuff or even Zidane himself, but if everything around him is crumbling then what can he do? I agree with you, we will at some point need to add a bob to box midfielder. But with the current management not willing to part with any reasonable amounts of money we need to prioritise and reinforce the areas that are in most need.

We need a choice of strikers and a 2 more defenders to add to Thiago.

mrki
21-03-2009, 09:37
I do agree with your post. Only difference within our posts is that there are many variations that can decide the right mercato for Milan.

For example, if Nesta gets fit, and with Thiago ( as it seems to me ) being an excellent CB, even if we buy a player like Mexes, Alex - who will be ok with sitting on the bench? As we all know Nesta is still one of the best cb's in the world if he is ok. For cb's its important to have constant pairings, not to mix it too much.

We talked a lot about our last 4 not being able to push forward and close the space needed for pressing. Of course I agree with you on the back line issue. Milan needs two more players at the back:

1. Maxwell
2. Agger
--------------

To me that seems like most likely solution as Raiola, Maxwell's manager has said it is possible he moves to Milan. He is not that expancive, Inter needs the money also, and I find him a good player.

Agger has been said to already have his medical with Milan. Irs not legal yes, but those thing ahappen all the time. Its possible he'll come, he hasnt signed anything new with L'pool.

I think those two, plus Nesta and Thiago would solve everything at the back for us. Everything absolutely.
-----------------------------------------------------------

In midfield we can pray Rinho gets 100% well and fit again. He is our motor. And I'd add Gourcuff at all costs as he is a fresh player who can add quality and power to us. He is also vey versatile player.

Its time that Pirlo doses his games per year if he wants to play great football again. Samt thing Seedorf needed to do in past 2 years and wasnt able to do due to non existant subs.

Pirlo cant play 60 games per year at his old tempo, its obvious now.

Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Beckham ( also dosed play with quality, not quantity), Kaka', Dinho ( ? I dont know does he fgeel like training for real )...its all ok IF they are palyed normqlly and not absolutely in every game like Pirlo and Seedorf in the past. Obi Mikel is a FREE PLAYER also, and a good player for every team in the world.

About forwards, if Boriello is ok we can have 4 forwards that are good enough: Pato, CF, Boriello, Pippo. Its more then enough. Again, rotation is needed and I dont find Carlo Ancelotti being the caoch that knows how to play 18-20 players. He works with 13-14 players per year, and that is why his teams are compact in CL and when they are fit only. While the rest of the serie a season is lost.

rinogattuso
21-03-2009, 10:01
Today Riaola said that are still big posibility to see Maxwell in Milan shirt next season!!

Brasileiro
21-03-2009, 10:51
For me Etoo is a better player than Adebayor. But Adebayor is younger and more the kind of player we need, where as Etoo would be yet another 'Duplicate'.

Not too big on Alex, not the quickest and I dont want Milan to be completely Brazilian. He wont be cheap anyway, so whats the point? I would much rather see Milan buy Zapatta AND Santacrocce. Both quick, both strong and dynamic, one is Italian and young.

With these two players Carlo could experiment with the defence and Santacroce could play rightback while Zambro switched over to leftback.

Honestly speaking these three signings would make me jump. Our midfield would have 2 goal threat options ahead at all times in Pato/ Adebayor/ Boriello/ Inzaghi and would be backed up by a solid defence!

We obviously dont need anymore playmakers as we have Ronnie and Kaka, we are covered for DMs in Rino, Flamini (Starting to shine), Janku (In midfield shows why we signed him) and Ambro (Should be the best 4th choice DM in the world if Ancelotti stops preferring him)

Between Pirlo, Seedorf and Beckham we have more industrious creativity in midfiled. Personally, Id like to see Gourcuff loaned out one more season to a team that wont cater for him such as Lyon or an Italian side. With Ancelotti still at the helm, its too much a risk him coming back. With another season's experience, hopefully rave reviews after a good world cup performance and a consolidated Milan defence I think he would have everything in place to shine at Milan. The coach by 2010/2011 may be different anyway.
Maybe you don´t know, K77SH C...
But, how you "don´t want Milan to be completely Brazilian" and at the same time wants Santacrocce? He´s Brazilian, man! :)
He´s from the same state were I live. So, just because he´s called Santacrocce, that don´t make him a "pure" Italian... :)

Don´t get me wrong, but people need to accept the reality...Italy (at this moment) isn´t more the "country of the defenders"...There´s a lack of talent at the position in Italy right now, it´s fact. And I´m not talking about Maldine´s Baresi´s or Nesta´s type(level) of defenders...

It´s like our(Brazil) situation with defensive midfielders(the #5, the holder) and left-backs. We always produces amazing DM´s like Falcão, Batista, Mauro Silva, Dunga, Emerson(the old one), Alemão...and LB as Nilton Santos, Marinho Chagas, R. Carlos, Serginho...and now we only have 1 super talent(but raw) in Marcelo and 2 very good ones in F. Aurélio and Maxwel. At DM position the crise is even worse...as our hopes are in a amazing under-20 talent called Sandro from Internacional(same team that produced Pato) and a young guy called Rafael Carioca(from Grêmio and now in Russia) that nobody know if still is playing at a great level.

Btw, next year the "big amount" of Brazilians in Milan will be Pato, Kaká and T. Silva...so, I really don´t see the problem that others see.

What I don´t want see, is our Milan buying middle class Brazilians(or of another nationalities) like Oliveira, Emerson(actual), Sheva(actual) when you have a Italian of the same level....now, thats is a HUGE mistake.

mrki
21-03-2009, 11:31
Brasiliero, you dont think Dinho will be in Milan next year? And what can you tell us about Keirrisson? Have you seen him?

I agree about Alex and I would also like to see him in Milan. Personally my pick is Santacroce, but cot coz he is italian ( only by passport! ), but coz I can see him being a great defender in years to come. The only talented young new defender alongside Santon and Criscito in serie a right now. And I dont see Santon being such class as Maldini, no matter what clown Mourinho says. Also Criscito, who to me looks like a better player then Santon, only lacks a bit of phisical strenght.

mrki
21-03-2009, 11:33
What I don´t want see, is our Milan buying middle class Brazilians(or of another nationalities) like Oliveira, Emerson(actual), Sheva(actual) when you have a Italian of the same level....now, thats is a HUGE mistake.

That is coz Galliani is picking players that sound good and are cheap. Players which can sell few shirts and seats in the San siro. While, in REAL FOOTBALL, its better we pay normally for some normal italian players who can play serious football. For example: Emerson--->Nocerino, Sheva---->Cassano etc.

Rico
21-03-2009, 11:37
ADRIANO GALLIANI: "Kakà is not for sale, Milan careful about the opportunities"

3/19/2009

MILAN - Adriano Galliani, whose phrases from yesterday were referred to the Italian situation in general, and not specifically to Milan, had an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport today, published on page 8. This is the passage of the interview reserved in particular about Milan: "Kaka is not for sale. Our fans must be serene. Milan do not need more reinforcements than other teams. Apart from the strong Thiago Silva, another defender will arrive. And anyway, Milan will be careful about the opportunities which will be present."

xvr11
21-03-2009, 11:51
I'm an American,I am a big sports fan. I follow Baseball, Hockey, and Football.
Now over here in the states, the sports teams have taken a major hit because of the economic crisis. Now besides the crisis , I understand how things work in terms of the economics revolving teams.

From tickets sold, merchandising, sponsors etc etc...teams do see profit, some do not. For example, I am a fan of the NY Islanders of hockey. Now their owners stands to lose 15-20 million a year because of poor facilities and an old building.

Over here, teams don't splash million upon millions on players every off-seaon unless your the NY Yankees of baseball who spend like its drinking water.

The reason for my post is : Does AC Milan as a business do so well that the fans expect huge splashes every season? What is the seating capacity at the San Siro and is every game sold out? I see all these posts about management not caring, just pocketing the money and smiling about it. Times are real rough and even the rich are affected. A yahoo.com report showed this man who made $750 K a year be reduced to being a pizza delivery boy. What im getting at is, people need to be patient with management because they need to make the right purchases and it can't be every year. Sorry for the long post, just wanted some information n to deliver some information.

Brasileiro
21-03-2009, 12:01
Brasiliero, you dont think Dinho will be in Milan next year? And what can you tell us about Keirrisson? Have you seen him?

I agree about Alex and I would also like to see him in Milan. Personally my pick is Santacroce, but cot coz he is italian ( only by passport! ), but coz I can see him being a great defender in years to come. The only talented young new defender alongside Santon and Criscito in serie a right now. And I dont see Santon being such class as Maldini, no matter what clown Mourinho says. Also Criscito, who to me looks like a better player then Santon, only lacks a bit of phisical strenght.
What´s up, my friend!!
Look, here nobody is talking about Ronaldinho wanting to go to another club. To be fair, he always praising Milan here. Talking about the family environment and another great things. But his brother/agent(Assis) is a snake, so anything is possible...

Regarding Keirrisson, his numbers are out of this world(41 goals last season) and 16 goals in 14 games(if I´m not wrong) this season in a big club like Palmeiras. As I put in another thread, Keirrisson is like a more skilled and faster(much more faster) V. Nistelroy...the guy is a killer in area. But I want to see more of him in Brasileirão nad Libertadores sisnce the compettition there is high than in Paulistão(São Paulo State Championship).

Alex...my dream and of Carlo at Milan :)
As last year I was here saying that attack wasn´t our problem, and the defense was my concern(and several poster didn´t agree), I´m here saying TODAY, that we need a BIG guy in our back 4. But not any big guy...but one that is a great defender.

T. Silva is a poor man Nesta...a more fast young Nesta, but he isn´t dominant in the air. Like Nesta, he´s very good at the air, but he will not solve our "big problem at a big problem". Our defense S****, but in aerial game, we are even worse.
Nor will Zapata, that like I said of Bonera in the past(and was BASHED a lot) imo isn´t this amazing defender that people say.

We need a big guy out there...Alex is my number one choice, since he´s dominant in the air and has speed(not quickness, speed) and amazing defensive awareness. But any other big defender good in the air will improve a lot our defense next year pairing with T. Silva or Nesta...
I just hope we get one that besides be good in the air, is at least above average on the ground

Hasan Rossonero
21-03-2009, 12:12
I'm an American,I am a big sports fan. I follow Baseball, Hockey, and Football.
Now over here in the states, the sports teams have taken a major hit because of the economic crisis. Now besides the crisis , I understand how things work in terms of the economics revolving teams.

From tickets sold, merchandising, sponsors etc etc...teams do see profit, some do not. For example, I am a fan of the NY Islanders of hockey. Now their owners stands to lose 15-20 million a year because of poor facilities and an old building.

Over here, teams don't splash million upon millions on players every off-seaon unless your the NY Yankees of baseball who spend like its drinking water.

The reason for my post is : Does AC Milan as a business do so well that the fans expect huge splashes every season? What is the seating capacity at the San Siro and is every game sold out? I see all these posts about management not caring, just pocketing the money and smiling about it. Times are real rough and even the rich are affected. A yahoo.com report showed this man who made $750 K a year be reduced to being a pizza delivery boy. What im getting at is, people need to be patient with management because they need to make the right purchases and it can't be every year. Sorry for the long post, just wanted some information n to deliver some information.
Even if San Siro did sell out, which it seldom does, the club does not see all of the money because the stadiums in Italy are owned by independent city councils. Times are indeed tough, but I still think Milan can bolster this team with bargain purchases. What infuriates many on this board is that our management do not purchase players that would obviously make our team better.

mrki
21-03-2009, 12:30
Sold tickets are not a problem for Milan. The capacity is 85 000, and Milan sold around 65 000 season tickets this year. That means Milan does not care how many people are in the stadium, they already have the needed money. And also, Milan sold MOST tickest in Italy and has largest number of fans per game ratings.

the owner in a bilionare and prime ministed of Italy in like past 2X4 years plus now... The players they bought were mostly wrong, some were misstreated and some were bought coz of the tv and fancy commercials.

In serious football that does not bring resulkts. And time showed that the "squadra" was missbuilt. Simply, it has been prooved in past 2 years and there is no more talk about it. Milan needs to reconstruct, its their problem how.

slifersd
21-03-2009, 15:59
I'm an American,I am a big sports fan. I follow Baseball, Hockey, and Football.
Now over here in the states, the sports teams have taken a major hit because of the economic crisis. Now besides the crisis , I understand how things work in terms of the economics revolving teams.

From tickets sold, merchandising, sponsors etc etc...teams do see profit, some do not. For example, I am a fan of the NY Islanders of hockey. Now their owners stands to lose 15-20 million a year because of poor facilities and an old building.

Over here, teams don't splash million upon millions on players every off-seaon unless your the NY Yankees of baseball who spend like its drinking water.

The reason for my post is : Does AC Milan as a business do so well that the fans expect huge splashes every season? What is the seating capacity at the San Siro and is every game sold out? I see all these posts about management not caring, just pocketing the money and smiling about it. Times are real rough and even the rich are affected. A yahoo.com report showed this man who made $750 K a year be reduced to being a pizza delivery boy. What im getting at is, people need to be patient with management because they need to make the right purchases and it can't be every year. Sorry for the long post, just wanted some information n to deliver some information.


European sports and American sports are different businesswise. In US, teams do not pay money to sign players but rather make trades or sign them as free agents. In Europe, that is seldomly the case. Teams here also typically run on deficits with the exception of a few (Man Utd, Bayern, and Juventus).

As far as Milan goes, it is not just about the amount of money spend in the market. The only reason a lot of people think we need an enormous amount of money thrown into the market is because the management's lackluster performances in the past 4-5 summers have caused this team to be so weak. Even when the economy was fine this team spent like it is a Serie B team. And thus they always sign the old retirement home players that are cheap on the transfer fee but expensive on wages. How the hell does a team with like 11-12 decent players compared to the 20 or so of the other teams have the highest salary bill in Italy is beyond me.

This current management seem to think that they are the pioneers of creating a new world of soccer. They seem to run this team American style instead of European. While it might be true that the American style might be much more economically efficient, the simple fact is that Milan cannot survive in the current European environment that way. If you don't want to follow the rules, stay out of the game. If every other club spend big on signings to stay competitive, then we have to do the same if we want to have a good team.

K77SH C
21-03-2009, 19:37
Maybe you don´t know, K77SH C...
But, how you "don´t want Milan to be completely Brazilian" and at the same time wants Santacrocce? He´s Brazilian, man! :)
He´s from the same state were I live. So, just because he´s called Santacrocce, that don´t make him a "pure" Italian... :)

Don´t get me wrong, but people need to accept the reality...Italy (at this moment) isn´t more the "country of the defenders"...There´s a lack of talent at the position in Italy right now, it´s fact. And I´m not talking about Maldine´s Baresi´s or Nesta´s type(level) of defenders...

It´s like our(Brazil) situation with defensive midfielders(the #5, the holder) and left-backs. We always produces amazing DM´s like Falcão, Batista, Mauro Silva, Dunga, Emerson(the old one), Alemão...and LB as Nilton Santos, Marinho Chagas, R. Carlos, Serginho...and now we only have 1 super talent(but raw) in Marcelo and 2 very good ones in F. Aurélio and Maxwel. At DM position the crise is even worse...as our hopes are in a amazing under-20 talent called Sandro from Internacional(same team that produced Pato) and a young guy called Rafael Carioca(from Grêmio and now in Russia) that nobody know if still is playing at a great level.

Btw, next year the "big amount" of Brazilians in Milan will be Pato, Kaká and T. Silva...so, I really don´t see the problem that others see.

What I don´t want see, is our Milan buying middle class Brazilians(or of another nationalities) like Oliveira, Emerson(actual), Sheva(actual) when you have a Italian of the same level....now, thats is a HUGE mistake.

Dont get me wrong Brasilero, I like the Brazilian influence at Milan and your reviews, but there always needs to be balance. Its true Italy isnt developing defenders like it used to, but I believe Santarocce will be the next Nesta/ Cannavaro. I know Santarocce is half Brazilian, I do believe Italy has played a massive role in his development (maybe Im wrong) and he will be a mean defender for the Azzuri. Thats why I refer to him as Italian, even if he is also Brazilian.

Mrki, I have been saying since last year that we cant depend on Nesta. He might never come back and he WILL NOT be the same. Hes just turned 33. We cant afford another mercato that depends on to many hopes. We need to build for the future. Also you mentioned that an attack needs to be rotated, Borriello and Pippo just havent been available for large parts of the season. You correctly identifed we need another striker. In many of your posts you commend Wenger, well Arsenal have Van Persy, Adebayor, Bendtnar and Eduardo. If a team like Arsenal has four strikers who they rotate then surely Milan should have more than just Pato to depend on. Thinking otherwise will make the mercato even more hopeful and less effective.

Im not a massive fan of Alex as he is slow, I think Mexes is massively overrated.

Santarocce and Zapatta for Milan could be players that the rest of Europe druels over.

K77SH C
21-03-2009, 19:43
Ancelotti From football italia

“[Vice-President Adriano] Galliani spoke of a defender and in that we are in agreement. It won’t be difficult to find a talented and young one like Thiago Silva or Simon Kjaer, who I like very much. We’ll have to discuss what we’re after in terms of a striker, though.”

Palermo sensation Kjaer has already been linked with a move to San Siro, while Thiago Silva is on their books and unable to play until next season due to his non-EU status

Brasileiro
21-03-2009, 23:32
Dont get me wrong Brasilero, I like the Brazilian influence at Milan and your reviews, but there always needs to be balance. Its true Italy isnt developing defenders like it used to, but I believe Santarocce will be the next Nesta/ Cannavaro. I know Santarocce is half Brazilian, I do believe Italy has played a massive role in his development (maybe Im wrong) and he will be a mean defender for the Azzuri. Thats why I refer to him as Italian, even if he is also Brazilian.

Mrki, I have been saying since last year that we cant depend on Nesta. He might never come back and he WILL NOT be the same. Hes just turned 33. We cant afford another mercato that depends on to many hopes. We need to build for the future. Also you mentioned that an attack needs to be rotated, Borriello and Pippo just havent been available for large parts of the season. You correctly identifed we need another striker. In many of your posts you commend Wenger, well Arsenal have Van Persy, Adebayor, Bendtnar and Eduardo. If a team like Arsenal has four strikers who they rotate then surely Milan should have more than just Pato to depend on. Thinking otherwise will make the mercato even more hopeful and less effective.

Im not a massive fan of Alex as he is slow, I think Mexes is massively overrated.

Santarocce and Zapatta for Milan could be players that the rest of Europe druels over.
I have no problem with your post, K77SH :smileani:
You´re one of the best members here...It´s just that I read some times people complaining about a new Brazilian at Milan, and at the same time claim our board to buy Fabiano Santacrocce...and some of these guys didn´t even know the guy is born in Brazil. Hope that you understood my point...

Also(it´s not for you), every time I engage a discussion about this theme, people think I want a Milan team full of Brazilians...Heck, even my FIFA Manager Milan team isn´t...

But I really want Alex and Hernanes in our team next year :)

Brasileiro
21-03-2009, 23:36
Ancelotti From football italia

“[Vice-President Adriano] Galliani spoke of a defender and in that we are in agreement. It won’t be difficult to find a talented and young one like Thiago Silva or Simon Kjaer, who I like very much. We’ll have to discuss what we’re after in terms of a striker, though.”

Palermo sensation Kjaer has already been linked with a move to San Siro, while Thiago Silva is on their books and unable to play until next season due to his non-EU status
Can someone tell me more about this guy?? I watched some Palermo games but this guy didn´t caught my attention...
Thanks in advance.

nefremo
22-03-2009, 00:44
Brasileiro,

I guess what people mean (I am too in this group) when they call Santacroce a 'young Italian CB', is that he grew up in Italy. He is obviously half Italian/half Brazilian(father is Italian) and he was only born in Brasil.... and then quickly moved to Italy where he grew up and learned how to play football. He's been trained by Italian coaches his whole life and has played for Italian teams and Italian leagues his whole life.............and he clearly imposes Italian style of play as his 'marking' is exceptional....something that the Italians focus heavily on. So his game is developed by the "Italian School of Football".

The fact that he also plays for the 'Azzuri' makes him Italian too, doesn't it?:guw:


By the way, I agree with you about Alex and Hernanes. I would welcome both of them here in a second. I've only seen Hernanes play maybe not more then 5 times.....and I've been impressed with him every single time.

Siregar
22-03-2009, 02:54
@Brasileiro

I absolutely agree with your opinion about a big guy (not only big but high quality defender) in our defence. This is our problem for years! We have Nesta, Maldini, Bonera, Kaladze but they are not very strong in the air, except Nesta maybe. What make it worse we have 'small' players in the midfield and attack department. Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Flamini, etc are not that tall. Of course our forwards plus Kaka are pretty tall (180-185) cm BUT they are not strong in the air. We have only Ambrosini who has that ability (strong in the air) and this is one of big reason IMO why Carlo likes him.

No wonder why we always suffered from set-pieces (corners, FKs) and rarely score goal from set-pieces. That's why I still think that Senderos could be useful for us (even he is not the strongest in the air) as backup defender (but not for 8 million pounds).

About the positition, Santa or Silva can play on fullback especially Silva that I believe can be very strong not only to defend but also to attack from the side.

If we want to add 'italian' to our squad, buy Alex and Santa. This cost us much but not that much as somone already said, Santa is only raw material (talented player not WC defender) and Alex is not Chelsea's first starter if I am not mistaken. These two players could be in range of 25 pounds (totally) and this is a very good investment for next 5 years.

About Carlo's wanted players

Alex is non-EU (right?) and so is Adebayor? We have only one free non-EU spot for next season as one has been used for Thiago Silva.

Christian
22-03-2009, 07:50
We also have to keep the 6+5 rule in mind during this mercato. Noone knows how it's gonna be, but it wouldn't be unlikely that it would be implemented soon. According to Wikipedia the plan is to require that the team has 4 Itallians by the season 2010-2011, 5 in 2011-2012 etc. IF this gets implemented, we'd be far better of having an Italian CB, not because of his playing style, but because of his passport. Especially a 21 year old prospect like Santacroce, that in the best case could play at Milan for 15 years. One of the reasons I believe it's good to buy now, is I think the '6+5 rule' would seriously inflate the price on Italian, Spanish, and especially English players.

I definetly agree with everyone that says we need a big defender. Thiago Silva is 180'ish and that's good, but I doubt he'll seriously dominate in the air. We need someone who's dominant in the air. I don't know about Santacroce, but Zapata is a beast in the air, which is one of the reaons I like him, still as I said, we can't ignore the '6+5 rule'.

Tony75
22-03-2009, 08:04
lack of height doesn'tmean he can't dominate in air. Baresi was under 6 foot, but he had a great leap. Same for Cordoba and Ayala.

Christian
22-03-2009, 08:07
lack of height doesn'tmean he can't dominate in air. Baresi was under 6 foot, but he had a great leap. Same for Cordoba and Ayala.

Yea, i guess you're right, but I still see it as a good indicator.

We've been linked with Zuniga from Siena again, fullback, i've only seen him against us, and I found him impressive there, maybe someone has seen him?

hany.Egypt
22-03-2009, 08:34
And I dont see Santon being such class as Maldini, no matter what clown Mourinho says. Also Criscito, who to me looks like a better player then Santon, only lacks a bit of phisical strenght.
I completely disagree here, Santon is world class, he can be the new Maldini if he was able to develop and act as a proffessional like Paolo did in his career.
Santon, Balotelli are the futur mega stars, we are lucky that they are playing in Italy.
And also, Milan sold MOST tickest in Italy and has largest number of fans per game ratings. This part is 100 % true, Milan is the first in Italy this year ahead of both Inter and Roma.
I think Mexes is massively overrated.
Completely agree I don't see any thing extrordinary in him as well, and I heard that Alex, Zapata and Santacrocce are world class but I did not see them enough so I am neutral about them.
P.S. Clinchy and Maxwell are both world class any of them can make a huge difference in Milan + I don't like both Abbiatti & Adebayour.

Tony75
22-03-2009, 09:01
Must missed the day they made anyone world class for Clichy, Maxwell, and Santon to be considered wc.
Decent players but wc??

Hasan Rossonero
22-03-2009, 09:19
I completely disagree here, Santon is world class,


How can Santon already be world class? He is 18 and has done nothing of note outside of Serie A. This is an example of classic hyperbole in football today (I'm not picking on you, even I am guilty of it at times). We can say Santon has the potential of being world class, but to say he is already there is really optimistic.

Similarly, Pato is not world class yet.

And also, Milan sold MOST tickest in Italy and has largest number of fans per game ratings.


Yes, but you are missing the point. Italy can take gate receipts and matchday revenue to a whole new level if clubs could own their stadia.

Brasileiro
22-03-2009, 10:14
Brasileiro,

I guess what people mean (I am too in this group) when they call Santacroce a 'young Italian CB', is that he grew up in Italy. He is obviously half Italian/half Brazilian(father is Italian) and he was only born in Brasil.... and then quickly moved to Italy where he grew up and learned how to play football. He's been trained by Italian coaches his whole life and has played for Italian teams and Italian leagues his whole life.............and he clearly imposes Italian style of play as his 'marking' is exceptional....something that the Italians focus heavily on. So his game is developed by the "Italian School of Football".

The fact that he also plays for the 'Azzuri' makes him Italian too, doesn't it?:guw:


By the way, I agree with you about Alex and Hernanes. I would welcome both of them here in a second. I've only seen Hernanes play maybe not more then 5 times.....and I've been impressed with him every single time.
Great way to defend a point, nefremo...This is why imo, MM is the best forum in the world :smileani:

Btw, your post makes me remember of a Sócrates(ex-Brazil NT player, and legend) quote...He said that in Italy(he played at Fiorentina in the 80´s) a kid grow wanting to be a defender. I Brazil and in others places around the world, the less talented players are sent to the defense our GK positions :)

Of course, at least in Brazil, the things aren´t the same today...and the proof is the amount of great defenders that we are producing.

Regarding "playing for Azzurri makes him Italian too"...I agree. I´m not against this new trend. But imo a player needs to have a link with the country. Like Deco, Eduardo da Silva or Fabiano Santa...

Btw, the world really is changing(or ending), because if Santa opted to be a Brazil NT player, he would have a much hard time to crack Brazil NT as a defender than in Italy :)

Brasileiro
22-03-2009, 10:51
[QUOTE=Siregar;526843]@Brasileiro

I absolutely agree with your opinion about a big guy (not only big but high quality defender) in our defence. This is our problem for years! We have Nesta, Maldini, Bonera, Kaladze but they are not very strong in the air, except Nesta maybe. What make it worse we have 'small' players in the midfield and attack department. Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Flamini, etc are not that tall. Of course our forwards plus Kaka are pretty tall (180-185) cm BUT they are not strong in the air. We have only Ambrosini who has that ability (strong in the air) and this is one of big reason IMO why Carlo likes him.

No wonder why we always suffered from set-pieces (corners, FKs) and rarely score goal from set-pieces. That's why I still think that Senderos could be useful for us (even he is not the strongest in the air) as backup defender (but not for 8 million pounds).

Yep, my friend...and this is a long time problem. I still remember in the last CL final against Liverpool, that I was talking to my father, and thanking God Rafa Benitez didn´t put Crouch to start the second half. Crouch in a few minutes(and in the air) give us more problem than any player of Liverpool...

Also, great point about of how our entire team is weak in the air, but Ambro. Man, thinking about it, besides Ambro goals, I can´t remember a Milan player doing anything in the air on set-pieces...



About the positition, Santa or Silva can play on fullback especially Silva that I believe can be very strong not only to defend but also to attack from the side.

If we want to add 'italian' to our squad, buy Alex and Santa. This cost us much but not that much as somone already said, Santa is only raw material (talented player not WC defender) and Alex is not Chelsea's first starter if I am not mistaken. These two players could be in range of 25 pounds (totally) and this is a very good investment for next 5 years.

Man, what really impress me on Silva is his speed. I used to think Cordoba was the fastest defender in the world, but T. Silva is even more fast, plus taller than Ivan. Amazing...But as I said before, besides the crazy hype here in Brazil, the best thing for him was this 6 months training in Italy and learning from Paolo, Nesta, Tassoti, etc...
T. Silva has the talent, and is a MAJOR upgrade for our defense, but he was really raw for European football last season. And imo Fabiano is even more raw...the talent is there(no doubt) but imo he isn´t ready to the big task that is to substitute Maldini.

Btw, from what I read in England pres and Chelsea forum, Alex will be tagged for 13 or 15 M...and remember that it ´s his final year of contract, and he´s really sad at his situation in Chelsea. Situation that lead to a 3º option in Brazil NT defense to a non-call. So, I can see we buying him for less than that, since he asked to be sold of Chelsea in January...and I have no doubt that Scolari(now gone) was the reason to Alex stay there.


About Carlo's wanted players

Alex is non-EU (right?) and so is Adebayor? We have only one free non-EU spot for next season as one has been used for Thiago Silva.


Yep, Alex is a non-EU...Adebayor? I think so...
Btw, since you said one non-Eu spot has been used for Silva, and we only have one more, what happens if a player like Sheva leaves Milan?? He free up a spot??

mrki
22-03-2009, 12:45
I dont think that if we send Sheva back we'll free a non-eu spot. We will have two spots and one will be used on Thiago.

This summer we used our two spots on two players that didnt play at all. And one of them even plays for primavera. That was the most idiotic use on non-eu spots in some big european club i have ever seen in my life. Congrats to Galliani, it was something it even hard to immagine.

I know Eto'o has a Spanish passport, but I dont see why would Eto'o ever leave Barcelona. A club that is great, where he plays brilliantly and always in the first 11. He'llsort him contract out and he'll stay there. That would be a normal thing to do. Unless he has some real fights with the club which we dont know about.

If Carlo stays again( for me its hard to even say such things...please go away this summer man if you have any selfrespect) and he really wants Adebayor as a strong forward Milan could opt for Kjaer as Carlo mentioned. But I dont see Kjaer as a mature enough player to play in our first 11 paired with Thiago.

On Thiago - Im sure we can expect even better Thiago in the start of the next year then Thiago we could see in brasil. We will grow tactically in Milanello, and his phisical attributes are there already.

On my comment of Wenger and Nasta ( for K77SH C ) :

I am sure that if Nesta gets well and he can play that we can have a great defender in him. The fact that he is 33 means nothing as NEsta is extremly powerfull player which has ability and brains to play at highest level like Cannavaro when he was 33, maybe better. If our Nesta gets well, he will again be one of the best CB's in the world, in my oppinion.

On Wenger - we spoke about rotaions and then you mentioned how Wenger has 4 forwards so he can rotate and Carlo has only one this year ( well, two tops ).

Carlo has 3 forwards actually, but one of those 3 is a traitor Ancelotti hates and he even said so on tv show where he called Shevchenko a "traditore".

Your point is good, but when we talked about rotaions and exploiting players potential I wanted to say that Wenger managed to get the most out of the players he has. While Ancelotti uses 13-14 players and the rest are ruined. As the time passes the palyers are becoming overused and the quality of their game falls down ( which is normal: Kaka' agter golden ball, C.Ronaldo after golden ball, Dinho after it etc. Overused players.).

Milan needs to play serie a with 18 player playing and rotating. With possibility to bench Seedorf and Pirlo and still play normal football. How do they even dare to publicly say we depend on Pirlo? For me its a circus to say such thing.

There are numerous great players who, when mixed, can play in different modifications and variations and noone in the world will be missed. But we dont have any of this: we have one way of playing our football and when it doesnt work - its over. ONLY irreplacible player in Milan is Kaka'. Due to the carisma and the way he builds whole game with his movement.

And I still claim Xavi is a better player then Pirlo, seeing his movement and overall influence on the pitch.

rinogattuso
22-03-2009, 14:21
Today Braida were in Verona to watch Kajer!!

rosoneri_11
22-03-2009, 14:25
Huntelaar scored again, 2 goals today at the 3-0 of Real M.He has more goals from the matches he has played!
That guy was the perfect striker for us, for those who wanted a tall striker to make a duo with Pato.

Tony75
22-03-2009, 15:15
Huntelaar is the new Kluivert. Good in Spain, but crap in Italy. We can do better.

Mystik
22-03-2009, 15:20
^^ How would you know? Has he been in Italy yet? Can you see the future or something?

mrki
22-03-2009, 15:25
Huntelaar scored again, 2 goals today at the 3-0 of Real M.He has more goals from the matches he has played!
That guy was the perfect striker for us, for those who wanted a tall striker to make a duo with Pato.

Galliani: " Boriello is better then Huntelaar."

K77SH C
22-03-2009, 15:25
Huntelaar scored again, 2 goals today at the 3-0 of Real M.He has more goals from the matches he has played!
That guy was the perfect striker for us, for those who wanted a tall striker to make a duo with Pato.

Swap him for Ronnie

Tony75
22-03-2009, 16:23
Average player. not needed. in this Milan team he'd suck big time.

Mystik
22-03-2009, 16:41
I don't agree with the average player comment but I do agree that he'd suck in this Milan team. Strikers on the whole don't get much support in this team so unless our striker can create something out of nothing, he won't have the desired impact. Which is why I said we need to rework our midfield along with bringing Huntelaar...if we were to bring him.

He's long gone now and he'll probably surpass RvN's goal scoring achievements with Madrid's colours. I just think it's ridiculous to say "he's an average player he can only score in the Dutch and Spanish leagues, U-21 and national team set-up...:rollani:".

bLOND !-,-!
22-03-2009, 16:48
yes, i agree. huntelaar is nothing special, average player...
and im also not even sure that he is better than boriello....

Graeme C
22-03-2009, 17:07
santacroce is top of my shopping list for the summer!!!

rosoneri_11
22-03-2009, 18:34
Galliani: " Boriello is better then Huntelaar."

Yeah right, remember the other one, Galiani:"We rule the market" :hammer: :stupid:



Swap him for Ronnie

Good idea, but i don't think R.Madrid wants a finished person, finished in 2 teams in the recent years for a goal machine like Huntelaar.
And when i mean finished, i mean the bad Ronnie of last years.

rosoneri_11
22-03-2009, 18:44
So if we get rid from the grannies, we must sign a bunch of good or promised players, right?
At the moment we have not a LB and 2 center backs,we have 1 midle-dead RB,1 midle-finished Pirlo,one finished Seedorf and we need at least 1 new striker for the finished Pippo,finished sheva and for the injured Borrielo, and 1 GK for the finished Dida and Calac.

But i have a big question, who is gonna pay for all of them?

rosoneri_11
22-03-2009, 18:51
Get ready for the new great summer market 2009. Panucci,Van Nistelrooy,Beckham,Canavarro,Hyppia,Ze Roberto.
Who said we need a Lb? I think Roberto Carlos is still playing for Fenerbache, isn't he?

Blacktop
22-03-2009, 19:06
and 1 GK for the finished Dida and Calac.
Dida finished? Surely you jest. And there's no need to triple post.

rosoneri_11
23-03-2009, 05:44
Dida finished? Surely you jest. And there's no need to triple post.

Fun? Of course i'm not making fun, Dida and Kalac are finished!

Hasan Rossonero
23-03-2009, 08:41
I don't think Dida is finished per se, but his time at Milan is certainly at an end. His confidence is at an all time low, and under those circumstances a goalie finds it hard to function.

Sadly, Dida has become a laughingstock. Partly it's his own doing (feigning death at being slightly touched) and his numerous blunders.

But Milan fans have also been harsh with him, including me. I feel genuine pity for him now. He has that intense, almost idiotic look--you know the one, when he looks like nothing in the world can get past him. Then the ball launches towards the goal and Dida jumps for it, gets caught in the netting and collapses. Sums his state up I am afraid.

Pity that such a great goalie, who helped us win the 2003 CL, has become a complete joke.

mrki
23-03-2009, 12:41
Its great how Galliani is in simphony with Milan's coach and how Milan brings in 24 year old CB who, when is fit, is a sub for Favalli. And that CB was supposed to be a good CB to play if Nesta cant. Its just a circus, you have to laugh.

Then Galliani says that its not his fault Senderos broke his finger and that he is a very good player...Senderos gets fit and - who yould say, sits on the bench behind Favalli.

And all his bragging about Beckham, like we signed Gerrard ( by me, right now no.1 player on Earth ). I can bet Gourcuff can play level above right now for Milan.

I hope they will be serious and bring serious players in the summer: Cb, fullback, midfielder ( Gourcuff ) and forward. And those who cant run or dont want to fight hard on training can go away and buy themselves a ball and dribble and walk in their backyard with their friends or sone or whatever. That goes for Seedorf, Pirlo and Ronaldinho who I defanded all season long but still cant run normally.

I understand what poster "Carlo Ancelotti" says, that dinho is behind his top and that we'll never run like that again and that is now still good player even with this capacity. But, maybe this ronaldinho isnt the player Milan needs. Maybe he really cant play and train seriousely anymore. If thats the case, he can leave. I have no personal feelings about him, to me he is just a player of ac Milan. Unlike Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka', Inzaghi.

HO-YOUNG
23-03-2009, 12:48
i honestly think we should ONLY keep Gatuso, Pato, Kaka, Flamini, Zambro, Antonini, Bonera and the two new brazilians who cant play till next year and get rid of, CARLO and replace him with Riikard... and the others can be auctioned... replace Galiani with Leonardo...
we cant compete anymore in the modern game with Galiani !!!!

HO-YOUNG
23-03-2009, 12:54
Good Post MRKI... Gerrard is the best player in the UNIVERSE this season... only if Gattuso could score goals...

bLOND !-,-!
23-03-2009, 13:36
common, are u serious, gerrard best player in the universe, ....
think again......

rosoneri_11
23-03-2009, 13:36
Great post Mrki, mate you are in my head, i have the same thoughts.
By the way for the "finished" players i have talked.
Of course Dida and Kalac are not finished.Of course not, they still can play.They are good GK's.
But in that forum are we supporting and talking about Albinolefe,Rimini or Madova?
We are talking for Milan, and for Milan those players are finished.
Dida and Kalac can play easily and be one of the best players of the Albinolene,Rimini or Madova, but for Milan just forget it.

Graeme C
23-03-2009, 13:52
tgcom.it have a rumour that Real want Gourcuff, if they offer S.Ramos in exchange i would consider it.

bLOND !-,-!
23-03-2009, 14:02
Great post Mrki, mate you are in my head, i have the same thoughts.
By the way for the "finished" players i have talked.
Of course Dida and Kalac are not finished.Of course not, they still can play.They are good GK's.
But in that forum are we supporting and talking about Albinolefe,Rimini or Madova?
We are talking for Milan, and for Milan those players are finished.
Dida and Kalac can play easily and be one of the best players of the Albinolene,Rimini or Madova, but for Milan just forget it.

oh common don't exaggerate ,
1) Dida is way better than Kalac,
2) i don't know what did Dida do wrong for you, but for me he is still a great goalkeeper, he's tall, and has a great reflexes and he saved our ass for many times just like abbiati did... but, u r right that maybe he is not a material for Milan, because of his age, and his lack of confidence ... but i think that u r way way wrong when u say that he is material for Rimini or Mantova, common, ..... i think dida could play in Roma, Lazio, Udine, or Genoa... and kalac for chievo or reggina......

mrki
23-03-2009, 14:51
Dida will do his job untill the end of the season and then he can go. He is payed 4mln per year i think. Once he was maybe the best player in the world, but now, unfortunately, he is not needed in Milan. Milan cant have 34 (?) year old GK payed 4mln per year who cant save **** on the bench.

About Gerrard: People talk about Ibrahimsson, Messi, C. Ronaldo like they are gods. I watch the game and I think "do people actually look at Steven Gerrard for a second and what this man actually is doing for past 2 years??" I love the way Xavi plays, Maicon also, Del Piero, I adore Kaka' ( if we look at pure class, the best player in the world when fit ) etc. But Gerrard plays every role in midfield, even as a second striker. Runs like hell, assists abnormally, shoots abnormally, scored in big and small games from all positions, defends and leads the team. I claim him to be corrently world's best player, and I stand behind that. He is never quiet, is a great professional and a real fighter that has a class and shoot of clear class.

People are bragging about C. Ronaldo and Ibra and Messi...ok. But this man carrie whole team on his back and doesnt have phases of dissapeariing ( those three do ). Gerrard is a monster. Forza Gerrard.

And Madrid needs a player like Gourcuff in the middle, I wouldnt be surprised but I would be extremly sad. All the papers say Yoan is hardly to come back, and that will be ( if it happens ) a big miss for us.

Ceceves
23-03-2009, 15:21
Gerrard DOES dissapear - have you ever seen him play for England? Gerrard is a great player, the best English player by some distance, but (to me, anyway) Messi is clearly the best in the world. I'm with you on Cronaldo and Ibra, those guys dissapear in the big games. Messi, however, always rises to the occassion, as much as any player - like when he scored a hattrick in el clásisco when he was still a teenager.

There's a good reason why Gerrard rarely dissapears: he plays right in the middle of things, whereas Cronaldo and Messi are on the wings/up front, and Ibra is up front - they're bound to be less involved.

Gerrard has a great shot on him and he's a great leader (and a great diver, too). But his passing isn't all that (compared to Xavi, Iniesta, old Pirlo) and the same goes for his technique. Of course as long as he keeps scoring goals, that doesn't matter. Just remember he's often playing as a supporting striker these days, so he's bound to score goals. And remember that 2/3 of that hattrick against Villa was penalties.

mrki
23-03-2009, 16:04
No man, I dont judge Gerrard by Villa match. Its only one game.

His technique is not a smooth as Messi's, Xavi's or lets say...Seedorf's. But its not important. By "dissapearing" I mean underperforming, not playing at highest level at big occasions. I dont mean " not touching the ball oftenly".

Gerrards passes are very good, its just that his stile of passing is different then Xavi's for example. The stile or passing and shooting of Gerrard is very sharp, less with finesses like n Pirlo, Xavi, Seedprf, Dinho...

And lets not forget Ibra is IN THE MIDDLE of everything in Merda. Every vertical ball is his, he can move where he wants and do what he feels like. He has freedom and he simply dissapears in big games...its probably in the head of Ibra. Never scored a goal behind groups in CL, played 24 italian derbyes and scored 8 goals.

Last thing: To be fair, aldough I dislike England NT coz of the way they think of themselves as eternal favorites for something and only god knows why, Gerrard will play great once he gels with Cappello's tactics. Untill now there was complete mess in England tactical wise, in past lets say 6 years. It looked like Lampard and Gerrard cant play together and all bunch of other stuff that were appearing just coz England never had a normal manager but some clowns.

Now Im 100% sure that Gerrard will start taking leading role in England midfield. Aguess time will tell.

Again, my oppinion is that Gerrard is NOw the best player in the world. If I could pick one player for Milan I'd pick him.

Ceceves
23-03-2009, 16:18
I know you're not judging him on the base of one game, it's just that after he scored that hattrick there's been so much hype about him, even more than usual.

I don't watch every Liverpool game, far from it (they're usually quite boring), but even I've seen a few bad performances for Gerrard this season, not fewer than I've seen from Messi - and I've watched every single Barca game this season.

As for Ibra (not that I feel like defending him, as I certainly rate him below Gerrard), it's true he's the focal point of Inter, but especially in the United game at San Siro he had very little service (as for some reason Mourinho wanted to play without any link between midfield and attack, even though they were playing at home).

Christian
23-03-2009, 16:35
Like someone already mentioned we've been heavily linked with Simon Kjaer recently. I guess it's good news, but he's not gonna be a starter in Milan, not yet at least. He's 19 years old, and has played quite alot of games at Palermo, but not a given starter. So i guess he's ment as a potential star.

Regarding Gerrard, he's definetly the best english player, and perhaps the best player in England, but the way I see it Barcelona have a couple of players way above his level. I don't see what Gerrard offers that Iniesta don't. he's MILES ahead in terms of technique, can dribble almost as good as Messi, has a deadly shot, runs alot, and most of all, he's just as versitile as Gerrard. Iniesta can, like Gerrard, also play second striker, and CM. Watch Barcelona with Iniesta and watch them without him, it's no coincidence that they go from losing to Espanyol, with Iniesta injured, to destroying Malaga and Lyon.

Also comparing Messi and Gerrard is silly. They're not even close to having the same style, but i'll bet that a player like Messi comes around less often than a player like Gerrard.

rosoneri_11
23-03-2009, 17:10
Like someone already mentioned we've been heavily linked with Simon Kjaer recently. I guess it's good news, but he's not gonna be a starter in Milan, not yet at least. He's 19 years old, and has played quite alot of games at Palermo, but not a given starter. So i guess he's ment as a potential star.

Regarding Gerrard, he's definetly the best english player, and perhaps the best player in England, but the way I see it Barcelona have a couple of players way above his level. I don't see what Gerrard offers that Iniesta don't. he's MILES ahead in terms of technique, can dribble almost as good as Messi, has a deadly shot, runs alot, and most of all, he's just as versitile as Gerrard. Iniesta can, like Gerrard, also play second striker, and CM. Watch Barcelona with Iniesta and watch them without him, it's no coincidence that they go from losing to Espanyol, with Iniesta injured, to destroying Malaga and Lyon.

Also comparing Messi and Gerrard is silly. They're not even close to having the same style, but i'll bet that a player like Messi comes around less often than a player like Gerrard.


My opinion.Do you know what Iniesta can't do that Gerrard does.
Gerrard can make great defence in midfield area or everywere he plays, iniesta can't do that in Gerrard's level.
Second Gerrard in better than iniesta in the air.
And third Gerrrard can play in all positions of the field, RB,LB,CB,ML,MR,Striker, everywhere.He can play in many positions more than iniesta.

Blacktop
23-03-2009, 17:23
But in that forum are we supporting and talking about Albinolefe,Rimini or Madova?

We are talking for Milan, and for Milan those players are finished.

Dida and Kalac can play easily and be one of the best players of the Albinolene,Rimini or Madova, but for Milan just forget it.

This makes no sense. What are you talking about by "supporting Albinoleffe, Rimini, Madova..."? No one even mentioned that.

Putting aside the usual whining about his contract for a moment, I don't get why Dida should get the boot just like that after this season when we kept Fiori around forever and paid him for playing one game in 20 years. It won't kill us to let him finish out his contract and keep him around for one final season, as he still has what it takes (i.e., UEFA Cup). He can't be lumped with someone like Kalac, who hasn't played at all save for half of the Hanover friendly. You dump two GKs in the offseason, then good luck signing someone who's willing to warm the bench as third-choice.

Lastly, I really dislike this pompous "we are Milan, only elite players need apply" mentality when we have wastes of space like Seedorf, Sheva and Senderos clogging the roster.

Ceceves
23-03-2009, 17:41
My opinion.Do you know what Iniesta can't do that Gerrard does.
Gerrard can make great defence in midfield area or everywere he plays, iniesta can't do that in Gerrard's level.
Second Gerrard in better than iniesta in the air.
And third Gerrrard can play in all positions of the field, RB,LB,CB,ML,MR,Striker, everywhere.He can play in many positions more than iniesta.

Gerrard's defensive skills are overrated (although superior to Iniesta's). Imo Gerrard isn't more versatile than Iniesta. Let's get one thing straight: Gerrard NEVER plays as a centreback, fullback or a defensive midfielder. Maybe when he was a youngster, but not in later years. I'm positive Iniesta has played DM more than Gerrard over the last, say, three years. And it's not just about where on the pitch he could be placed, it's also about how he performs there. And Iniesta is a far better wide player than Gerrard, I really don't see how that could be debatable. Gerrard is a bigger threat in front of goal, as he's got a more powerful shot, and a better "striker's instinct" than Iniesta. In other words he's more selfish (not meant in a negative way), whereas Iniesta is virtually selfless, and thus a better provider.

Jeff
23-03-2009, 18:59
This makes no sense. What are you talking about by "supporting Albinoleffe, Rimini, Madova..."? No one even mentioned that.

Putting aside the usual whining about his contract for a moment, I don't get why Dida should get the boot just like that after this season when we kept Fiori around forever and paid him for playing one game in 20 years. It won't kill us to let him finish out his contract and keep him around for one final season, as he still has what it takes (i.e., UEFA Cup). He can't be lumped with someone like Kalac, who hasn't played at all save for half of the Hanover friendly. You dump two GKs in the offseason, then good luck signing someone who's willing to warm the bench as third-choice.



The only reason Dida is getting so much criticism is because of his incredible wages as compared to the number of games he played. If, however, he is a starter and contributes significantly (from here on), I won't mind him staying forever.

J

GeoTav
23-03-2009, 19:00
Nothing to do with the mercato, but I had a thought about football nowadays after seeing the best scorers in each league ...

Serie A:
- Di Vaio ; 19 goals
- Ibra ; 19 goals
- Milito ; 16 goals
- Gila ; 15 goals
- Pato ; 14 goals

Premier League:
- Anelka ; 15 goals
- Gerrard ; 13 goals
- C.Ronaldo ; 13 goals
- Crouch ; 11 goals
- Robinho ; 11 goals

Liga:
- Eto'o ; 25 goals
- Forlan ; 19 goals
- Villa ; 19 goals
- Messi ; 19 goals
- Negredo ; 16 goals

Ligue 1:
- Gignac ; 18 goals
- Hoarau ; 15 goals
- Cavenaghi ; 13 goals
- Benzema ; 12 goals
- Bastos ; 12 goals

Bundesliga:
- Ibisevic ; 18 goals
- Grafite ; 18 goals
- Helmes ; 17 goals
- Gomez ; 14 goals
- Novakovic ; 14 goals

So, except Eto'o, there is no goalscorer who is very impressive, no real goalscorer in this list (anyway, no current impressive goalscorer, Pato isn't yet for example). What happens to European football ? At the same time, we can hardly give 3 great defenders for each league ... we're far from the time when we could have said Nesta, Maldini, Canavarro, Thuram, Blanc, etc ... there were stars in defence, guys who had real class. Nowadays, no defender can play like Nesta or almost, even Puyol who could be named as the second best defender in the world after Nesta nowadays is far from his level.

So, less very good goalscorers and less great defenders, what's the hell happening ?!

M.O.I.
23-03-2009, 20:51
ok now its kajer(come on),yesterday it was agger(tottally overated) last year was senderos and in the end we will bring gallas or another 33+..

noone of them is good enough for milan,its just that simple..they really confuse me with their choices,i mean every time i try to think positevely,i say that galliani-braida-ancelotti etc all of them know(should at least) "football values" better than any fan..

and then i read that braida was in verona watching kajer!!have u ever watched palermo defending?but thats not my point,i think that every single person knows that santacroce for example is an extraordinary defender the last 2 years,far better than kajer,agger and etc..THERE IS absolutely no chance that braida doesnt know that..but still they act strange,i really dont have any words to describe how odd it seems to me..

maldini is retiring,favalli is leaving,nesta is a big questionmark ,senderos is out..and we are comfort thinking that we bought thiago silva..there are over 50 better defenders than thiago silva, in his age!,out there,and you'll see what im talking abut next year..thiago silva may become a good player over his 27,but now its tooooo soon..

the best solution would be a healthy nesta,but if thats not going to happen,then we need more than one good dc..or else we would have to play more than 50 matches rottating bonera kaladze silva and kajer/agger(?)..

for me there are santacrocce and mexes(i know he's having a strange season but still imo a gr8 defender..)maybe alex too..any other(propable) solution wouldnt please me..

edysupriadi
23-03-2009, 20:53
hey, Ibra said (according to goal.com) he's considering his future in the neighbourhood team, he'd like to join a team w/ the prospect of winning Champion's cup ,

If not wrong, Berlu ever mentioned he likes him ;)

He's big guy w/ great skills & techniques, therefore I think he's able to unlock the 9 man-defence we have been encountering these last few yrs.

if he is available, do u think we should get him? just curious about how u guys think. :D

Gabriel489
23-03-2009, 21:01
I think it has more to do with team scoring rather than striker scoring goals these days.
Look at Milan for example, there is about 10 players who scored at least a goal this season. On top of that, teams sometime save their players for European matches.

As for defenders, I still think there are great defenders in every league, the main diff between now and maybe 8 yrs ago, IMO is the internet and boardcasting. As we can enjoy all sort of matches every weekend, as long as we know where to look for feeds. That way, we get to watch all the media hype defenders week in and week out instead of just big matches or tourney. Then when one of those defenders have a few bad games, we all will say he is over-rated....
Take Ramos as an example, he might not be as good a CB than he is at RB, but for the matches I saw him play as CB, I thought he did a great job.

TO me guys like Santacroce, Chellini, Ramos, Vidic, Terry, T.Silva, Lucio, are all great at the moment

spina_don
23-03-2009, 21:21
Guys i think that with the way seedorf is playing...it couldn't have been more worse with Gourcuff coming bak...We've lost and lost over and over again with seedorf so even if gourcuff comes bak and we lose, it doesn't make a difference..But what i know is that Gourcuff has a lot more to offer than seedorf does as of right now..I really wish for us to trade seedorf so bad...Gourcuff should come bak..Milan has as much talents and as much youngster star players out there like Man U....Man U is filled with young talented players and so is milan but there are either on loan or co-ownership...We need all these players...everytime, Man U is buying players...why can't milan do the same...they had ronaldo and bought Nani...they play alike so what diff does it make if we buy or bring bak our players with the ones we have...Although i wish the old ones we have should go, we should bring bak our good players..I'm dreaming of seeing Abate, gourcuff playing again for this team...ROTATION CAN BE VERY USEFUL WHICH IS WHAT OUT OF ALL THE COACHES IN THE WORLD, CARLO LACKS...We need all our players we can get...Inzaghi and Sheva won't lack..I heard we're also after a striker...I hope its Keirrison...With all these players, we can switch formations...not just 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-2-1...we can play 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-2-2...i really can't wait for next season guys, honestly...and dang we should go for Santacroce...He's a beast..A real beast..With Santacroce and thiago silva for next season, i know we're safe...

rosoneri_11
24-03-2009, 04:14
This makes no sense. What are you talking about by "supporting Albinoleffe, Rimini, Madova..."? No one even mentioned that.

Putting aside the usual whining about his contract for a moment, I don't get why Dida should get the boot just like that after this season when we kept Fiori around forever and paid him for playing one game in 20 years. It won't kill us to let him finish out his contract and keep him around for one final season, as he still has what it takes (i.e., UEFA Cup). He can't be lumped with someone like Kalac, who hasn't played at all save for half of the Hanover friendly. You dump two GKs in the offseason, then good luck signing someone who's willing to warm the bench as third-choice.

Lastly, I really dislike this pompous "we are Milan, only elite players need apply" mentality when we have wastes of space like Seedorf, Sheva and Senderos clogging the roster.



Look i have nothing against Albinolefe,Rimini or Madova, i used those teams to say some things.
Sorry but because we kept Fiori so long in our team what does that mean that we should keep and Dida until his 40 because we did with Fiori the same thing?I don't find this right and good for us.To keep him untill one season as our 3d GK OK, but not to keep him until his 40.And the other thing with Fiori was a big joke, keeeping and paying a player with no future instead of having a young guy.
For me Kalac and Dida are the same.Last year Dida was the man sitting at the bench for the hole season and Kalac our no1. You should understood Dida is finished like Kalac, with those you can't win nothing.If you want to keep them as third is the same thing by quiting them, they will never play, like Fiori always and forever not even at the bench.
And now, why in summer to sign someone as our 3d? and not as no1? It would be better to see Abiatti in our bench and as our no1 someone like Loris.Young and talented.Why we should always have crap players in our bench? For what reason?
And for your lastly, mate the last 3 years i always says that we need a big refresh,new players,many new players,we need to splash the money,i have said many times wich players are finished and no needed so i have said many times my opinion for Sheva,Seedorf and Senderos.Just find my old posts.Not nneded to answer to that.

ACMILAN1983
24-03-2009, 04:14
This makes no sense. What are you talking about by "supporting Albinoleffe, Rimini, Madova..."? No one even mentioned that.

Putting aside the usual whining about his contract for a moment, I don't get why Dida should get the boot just like that after this season when we kept Fiori around forever and paid him for playing one game in 20 years. It won't kill us to let him finish out his contract and keep him around for one final season, as he still has what it takes (i.e., UEFA Cup). He can't be lumped with someone like Kalac, who hasn't played at all save for half of the Hanover friendly. You dump two GKs in the offseason, then good luck signing someone who's willing to warm the bench as third-choice.

Lastly, I really dislike this pompous "we are Milan, only elite players need apply" mentality when we have wastes of space like Seedorf, Sheva and Senderos clogging the roster.

You can't ignore his contract. I don't think many would complain half as much about Dida were he earning less (much less) than he is doing. He is earning the amount that a top level first team player may earn for sitting on the bench. In times when we're looking to spend much less, why pay guys like him and Emerson such ridiculous amounts for sitting on the bench

Nothing to do with the mercato, but I had a thought about football nowadays after seeing the best scorers in each league ...

Serie A:
- Di Vaio ; 19 goals
- Ibra ; 19 goals
- Milito ; 16 goals
- Gila ; 15 goals
- Pato ; 14 goals

Premier League:
- Anelka ; 15 goals
- Gerrard ; 13 goals
- C.Ronaldo ; 13 goals
- Crouch ; 11 goals
- Robinho ; 11 goals

Liga:
- Eto'o ; 25 goals
- Forlan ; 19 goals
- Villa ; 19 goals
- Messi ; 19 goals
- Negredo ; 16 goals

Ligue 1:
- Gignac ; 18 goals
- Hoarau ; 15 goals
- Cavenaghi ; 13 goals
- Benzema ; 12 goals
- Bastos ; 12 goals

Bundesliga:
- Ibisevic ; 18 goals
- Grafite ; 18 goals
- Helmes ; 17 goals
- Gomez ; 14 goals
- Novakovic ; 14 goals

So, except Eto'o, there is no goalscorer who is very impressive, no real goalscorer in this list (anyway, no current impressive goalscorer, Pato isn't yet for example). What happens to European football ? At the same time, we can hardly give 3 great defenders for each league ... we're far from the time when we could have said Nesta, Maldini, Canavarro, Thuram, Blanc, etc ... there were stars in defence, guys who had real class. Nowadays, no defender can play like Nesta or almost, even Puyol who could be named as the second best defender in the world after Nesta nowadays is far from his level.

So, less very good goalscorers and less great defenders, what's the hell happening ?!

I think it's a little premature to judge the attackers. If you look the forwards in the top scorers list are all generally close to 20 goals and we still have a fair amount of the season left. Most should reach around 25 goals at the end of the season. As for Eto'o, I think it's fair to say he's having the season of his life right now. 25 goals and counting is an amazing feat and at the end of the season we're looking at 30+ goals.

As for defenders, the quality doesn't appear as great as before, but I think some younger defenders are coming through which need an eye kept on them. Santacroce, Zapata, Gamberini, Agger all have great potential.

mrki
24-03-2009, 06:19
The scoring record just showes Eto'o is a super class player which is visible for like past 5 years and is nothing strange.

I agree that Santacroce and Alex are way better solutions then Kjaer and Agger. But Berlusconi doesnt want to spend money so...

And yes, Thiago is a wild player, but I have confidence he can do well. But maybe boring is right, maybe we'll need more time to get serious.

All in all, one is clear: If Berlusconi doesnt want to spend normally Milan will not be on the top. In that case Im with Milan fans in Italia, sell Milan if you dont want to spend. I have no emocinal connections to Berlusconi.

Also, Zapata? Has anyone actually saw that this year he didnt play, or didnt play that well when he played. Milan needs better defenders, a player like Alex right now and a miracle for Nesta. Having Nesta-Alex would be brilliant, and I'd play Thiago on the RB as he can play it 100%. And in modern football normal solution is that one Cb plays as a fullback.

P.S.

Boring my friend Im searching for what you asked me on ps, I'll send it soon. Stay well!

ACMILAN1983
24-03-2009, 06:49
mrki, my point was Zapata is a talented player and potentially a great defender. He was doing a great job before his injury (which was very serious) and that has affected his season badly. I do believe him not performing particularly well comes down to injury too, it's very hard for a player (especially a defender) to perform after a long lay off as they need consistent playing time. Kaka is in a similar position, he was doing pretty well before his injuries began this season and now he's looking a little lost when on the field.

That doesn't mean Kaka isn't a great player, because he is a great player. Likewise, Zapata is potentially a great defender.

Hasan Rossonero
24-03-2009, 08:45
We're being linked with Kanoute in the Spanish press.

Christian
24-03-2009, 10:21
We're being linked with Kanoute in the Spanish press.

Hope there's nothing to these rumors, a 31 year old from spain smells alot like another Shevchenko or Emerson.

About Zapata he's been injured almost all season, and has not played that many games yet. The only game i've seen him play this season was the game against Juventus, where it was obvious that he's got imense talent, like he showed last season. He's a beast in the air, and lives on good anticipation and tackling. He didn't look to good on the ball though towards the end of the game, but I think that was more down to him recovering, cause he was stable last season. Also he's 22, which is no age for a defender.

Fret
24-03-2009, 11:26
What happens to European football ? At the same time, we can hardly give 3 great defenders for each league ... we're far from the time when we could have said Nesta, Maldini, Canavarro, Thuram, Blanc, etc ... there were stars in defence, guys who had real class. Nowadays, no defender can play like Nesta or almost, even Puyol who could be named as the second best defender in the world after Nesta nowadays is far from his level.

So, less very good goalscorers and less great defenders, what's the hell happening ?!

Exactly was I was thinking......:depress:
They all seem to fall off from a shelf like a product in a shop. They're all the same nowadays

But guys...even we can't all come together about which player we'd like to see here next season.
My point: whatever Milan does, whoever they buy, there will always be someone unsatisfied.
We all have our own personal taste....


but maybe no one in Milan is talking about Santacroce because they really are trying to get him...and that's why there are all these aggers, kjaers etc......

Mystik
24-03-2009, 11:58
Also with Donadoni wanting Borriello...I wouldn't think twice to part with Bori if Santacroce was coming in return.

Graeme C
24-03-2009, 13:29
Also with Donadoni wanting Borriello...I wouldn't think twice to part with Bori if Santacroce was coming in return.

You just beat me to the post, i completely agree! Sanatrcroce would be more useful to us.

xvr11
24-03-2009, 13:40
Also with Donadoni wanting Borriello...I wouldn't think twice to part with Bori if Santacroce was coming in return.

I really doubt Donadoni wants Borriello regardless of reports. Borriello couldn't even sniff the field for Euro 2008 even when Luca Toni was world class garbage during the tournament.

Hasan Rossonero
24-03-2009, 15:22
You can't ignore his contract. I don't think many would complain half as much about Dida were he earning less (much less) than he is doing. He is earning the amount that a top level first team player may earn for sitting on the bench. In times when we're looking to spend much less, why pay guys like him and Emerson such ridiculous amounts for sitting on the bench



Perhaps the worst kept secret on this forum (after Dutchie-Milan's secret love for Inter) is Blacktop's huge, no holds barred crush on Dida. :D

I personally used to think that Dida was indefensible, but Blacktop has proven me wrong. And I laud her for that, and I'm not being facetious when I say that. You have to admire how quickly and consistently she comes to his aid. Out of respect for Blacktop, I have desisted from Dida-bashing.

There are many here who have various man crushes on Maldini, Kaka' etc. and they too behave in the same way. I think the issue here is less to do with his wages than :love:.

Blacktop
24-03-2009, 17:38
Out of respect for Blacktop, I have desisted from Dida-bashing.
I feel guilty now. :sigh: :)

Hasan Rossonero
24-03-2009, 18:15
I feel guilty now. :sigh: :)

No need to feel guilty. :)

I saw the 2003 Final again last weekend, and Dida was :v408:. I think many have been way too harsh on him.

hitmannq8
24-03-2009, 18:41
Hasan..now you've become like Galliani & Co! you need to watch his games of the last two years and then you seriously will be doing this :v408: :v408: :v408:

Hasan Rossonero
24-03-2009, 19:20
Hasan..now you've become like Galliani & Co! you need to watch his games of the last two years and then you seriously will be doing this :v408: :v408: :v408:
:)

I know it's contagious. *sigh*

ACMILAN1983
25-03-2009, 03:55
Blacktop, are you BMWTaylor?

Also with Donadoni wanting Borriello...I wouldn't think twice to part with Bori if Santacroce was coming in return.

Exactly, Borri is free for Napoli if we get Santacroce in return. It'd mean getting 2 new forwards, but I'm happy for us to be in that situation.

mrki
25-03-2009, 06:26
Im 100% against KAnoute in Milan. He is a good palyer, but is already 31/32 years old. Its 3 years too late on Kanoute.

If Milan is ready to negotiate with donadoni and Napoli Boriello and somehow manage to include Santacroce it would be brilliant. We all know Donadoni is practically a pure Milanista even when he was working for Italy NT.

PSG's no.9 in a very interesting forward. I havent seen him much, but he is a very tall and looks like an accurate young striker. Reminds a bit of Teezeguet. MAybe Geo Tav can help us - Geo?

Also, calciomercato is saying this: Milan's first reinforcement will be gourcuff back. Then we'll go for one CB to partner Silva and for one CF ( Kanoute, Eto'o, Adebayor, Drogba ).

Aguero's agent in in italy to talk to Inter. The idea is Ibra-Aguero pairing for CL win. And MAxwell's agent says there are two options: Milan and Barcelona and the choice is on the player. But he will surely go from Inter.

Immagine: Marchetti, Maxwell, CB ( Alex ), Gorucuff, Adebayor/Eto'o, Abate... for me its a spot on mercato. And Carlo to Madrid. :)

ACMILAN1983
25-03-2009, 07:38
Im 100% against KAnoute in Milan. He is a good palyer, but is already 31/32 years old. Its 3 years too late on Kanoute.

If Milan is ready to negotiate with donadoni and Napoli Boriello and somehow manage to include Santacroce it would be brilliant. We all know Donadoni is practically a pure Milanista even when he was working for Italy NT.

PSG's no.9 in a very interesting forward. I havent seen him much, but he is a very tall and looks like an accurate young striker. Reminds a bit of Teezeguet. MAybe Geo Tav can help us - Geo?

Also, calciomercato is saying this: Milan's first reinforcement will be gourcuff back. Then we'll go for one CB to partner Silva and for one CF ( Kanoute, Eto'o, Adebayor, Drogba ).

Aguero's agent in in italy to talk to Inter. The idea is Ibra-Aguero pairing for CL win. And MAxwell's agent says there are two options: Milan and Barcelona and the choice is on the player. But he will surely go from Inter.

Immagine: Marchetti, Maxwell, CB ( Alex ), Gorucuff, Adebayor/Eto'o, Abate... for me its a spot on mercato. And Carlo to Madrid. :)

Agree about Kanoute, he is a good player and would have been useful to us but I think it's too late to bring him to Milan.

As for Borriello to Napoli, I think it's too early to tell if there's anything in the story, but if Napoli are interested, we must immediately negotiate for Santacroce imo.

Maxwell is a good player, but even if he's not coming we can still hope for Clichy after his latest interview.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5098293,00.html

I agree that if these rumours turn out to have some truth in them then we can hope for a really positive mercato. However, I have a big doubt on whether we'll get Eto'o or Adebayor (their prices will be too high), but also if Borriello leaves for Napoli, then we're in a tough situation where we need at least 2 new forwards of good quality and I've found it pretty hard thinking of potential buys we can make in the striking department.

PS - the PSG forward you're referring to is probably Guillaume Hoarau

Ceceves
25-03-2009, 07:43
Im 100% against KAnoute in Milan. He is a good palyer, but is already 31/32 years old. Its 3 years too late on Kanoute.

If Milan is ready to negotiate with donadoni and Napoli Boriello and somehow manage to include Santacroce it would be brilliant. We all know Donadoni is practically a pure Milanista even when he was working for Italy NT.

PSG's no.9 in a very interesting forward. I havent seen him much, but he is a very tall and looks like an accurate young striker. Reminds a bit of Teezeguet. MAybe Geo Tav can help us - Geo?

Also, calciomercato is saying this: Milan's first reinforcement will be gourcuff back. Then we'll go for one CB to partner Silva and for one CF ( Kanoute, Eto'o, Adebayor, Drogba ).

Aguero's agent in in italy to talk to Inter. The idea is Ibra-Aguero pairing for CL win. And MAxwell's agent says there are two options: Milan and Barcelona and the choice is on the player. But he will surely go from Inter.

Immagine: Marchetti, Maxwell, CB ( Alex ), Gorucuff, Adebayor/Eto'o, Abate... for me its a spot on mercato. And Carlo to Madrid. :)

Imo that's almost the perfect mercato. I have two reservations: Firstly, I think we should sign two good CBs, as Maldini is leaving, Senderos is leaving, Favalli might leave, Kaladze should leave etc. In the end it depends on Nesta's condition. If he doesn't improve physically then ideally we should bring in two CBs who are both good enough to start for us. Again, this would be the perfect scenario to me, I don't see it happening :2whis:.

The other reservation is regarding the attack. If we have Kaká, Dinho and Gourcuff next season, plus the likes of Seedorf and Abate, we probably won't be playing with two genuine strikers a lot. So my concern is that having someone like Eto'o or Adebayor (a big profile) would stand in the way of Pato's development. Plus it would cost a fortune to bring one of those two players (and Adebayor is overrated + why would Eto'o leave?). I'm more in favour of bringing someone who wouldn't be to "big" to sit on the bench in some of the games, maybe play 33% of the games alone up front, play 33% up front with Pato and sit on the bench in 33% of games, when Pato is playing alone. Or something like that (and I don't know what we'll do with the remaining 1% :drunk:).

Someone like Hoarau of PSG would fit the bill, Dzeko of Wolfsburg too. Then we might consider selling Borriello. He seemingly can't get fit again, and as we need someone reliable (both fitness and performance-wise), he would be wasted if we sign another young and strong striker. A Santacroce-for-Borriello+cash swap with Napoli would be lovely.

As for the Kanouté rumour: he's a really good player, but too old, and he tends to drop deep into the midfield, which isn't exactly what we need.

Christian
25-03-2009, 08:30
Im 100% against KAnoute in Milan. He is a good palyer, but is already 31/32 years old. Its 3 years too late on Kanoute.

If Milan is ready to negotiate with donadoni and Napoli Boriello and somehow manage to include Santacroce it would be brilliant. We all know Donadoni is practically a pure Milanista even when he was working for Italy NT.

PSG's no.9 in a very interesting forward. I havent seen him much, but he is a very tall and looks like an accurate young striker. Reminds a bit of Teezeguet. MAybe Geo Tav can help us - Geo?

Also, calciomercato is saying this: Milan's first reinforcement will be gourcuff back. Then we'll go for one CB to partner Silva and for one CF ( Kanoute, Eto'o, Adebayor, Drogba ).

Aguero's agent in in italy to talk to Inter. The idea is Ibra-Aguero pairing for CL win. And MAxwell's agent says there are two options: Milan and Barcelona and the choice is on the player. But he will surely go from Inter.

Immagine: Marchetti, Maxwell, CB ( Alex ), Gorucuff, Adebayor/Eto'o, Abate... for me its a spot on mercato. And Carlo to Madrid. :)

That would be a great Mercato. It seems that Maxwell to Milan has become very likely, this is what his agent said:

"The problem with Mourinho is that either you are Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and he also invites you to his house, or you are a dead man, and this is not right, The relations between Mourinho and Maxwell are over, and the trainer doesn't care about it. Where will he go? He can go where he can find an agreement, AC Milan or Barcelona. Inter said that they won't sell him to AC Milan? The decision is not up to them, we will terminate the contract, we will pay what we have to pay. Juventus? I haven't received any concrete offer, but I think that all the great clubs admire this player".

transfermarketweb.com (http://transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=33189)

mrki
25-03-2009, 10:06
Mediaset is predicting mercato around 25 mln which includes Marchetti, Maxwell, one cb and one forward. And Yoan would be back. I also hope Abate, aldough he isnt top class he can be a usefull player in a long season as a wide solution. Aldough personally I dont expect abate back.

As boring says, its not ossible Galliani and Braida like Kjaer more then Santacroce. But aguess we'll see. The feeling is more and more that Milan will not give Carlo his players and the man will move on.

Also with that 25 mln our player might actually be Kanoute, which leaves Milan with possibility of playing young Pato oftenly in x-mas tree formation, and also playing Kanoute and Boriello when needed. And if we are to bring an old player, better to buy Toni, not Kanoute. If its possible of course.

Also, I dont want Seedorf in Milan anymore. He is not needed when Yoan is back. Pirlo will not leave for sure aldough his game is pathetic and simply not up to the level of serious football anymore. Maybe with a new coach and ( after like 3 years ) some normal summer work.

When we look back we can see that Milan started ready from the 1st round - when?? like 5 years ago. It is not acceptable.

Im asking from Milan to do their work seriousely, starting from building the strategy together and with precise planning. Without money "laundring" on players like emerson etc.

The most important thing of all is that Milan starts to play and look like they actually have training sessions and not to improvise 90% of the time. The ball doesnt have to go to Pirlo first, players need to move, mix and we need to have players who can play different roles with speed and precision. football has changed in past 3 years, we need to follow it.

Its more now about making 3,4 precise signings and train hard, with possibly Nesta back. Then we can talk about results. Not before that. And I claim, again, that if Carlo stays we will not be a serious team again.

rosoneri_11
25-03-2009, 12:03
For me if we want a great team like Barca,Liverpool,Man Utd or even the merda has, we need no grannies, grannies are finished in high level clubs except if they can do the work that a 27 years old can do.We need speed,and runs, this team is very old, the static football is finished.
We need new GK,LB,RB,1 CD,2 MD,2 strikers.8 players.Yeah great Berlu will sign them for sure. :5dito:
And what will we sign: 1 CD,1 striker and bring back gourcuff. Do you still believe we have a chance next year for Serie-A or CL? NOPE.

mrki
25-03-2009, 14:06
If we sign Maxwell, one class CB, Gourcuff and one forward like Adebayor/Eto'o, we can fight for the scudetto. If our players that we bring in are not at high level, I do not expact any impact from Milan next year considering I can see Ambrosini and Pirlo losing their natural stamina.

But one player I would have in mind as Leonardo's choice, and noone talks about him: Hernanes. For some while it has been quiet about him, but there were numerous news about him and Leonardo before.

Blacktop
25-03-2009, 15:38
Blacktop, are you BMWTaylor?
I was, but I got sick of that username and Jeff changed it for me.

Rick
25-03-2009, 15:44
I just can't imagine that Inter would sell Maxwell to Milan. I don't care what the papers say. I don't care what Maxwell's agent says. It just defies logic to think that Inter would sell him to Milan. They would let him go somewhere else at a cut rate long before they would let him cross the San Siro. The only way I can envision Maxwell moving directly from Inter to Milan is if he waits until his contract runs out and moves for free.

A few thoughts on the Gerrard debate:

1, Nobody (aside from maybe some of the most ardent Liverpool fans) was mentioning Gerrard as "best player in the world" until Zidane did so recently. Now everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon.

2. Gerrard is a terrific player who is capable of moments of absolute brilliance and who seems to come through in clutch situations in big games, but he also seems to disappear a lot. How many people were calling him the "best player in the world" when Liverpool was drawing against Stoke City or losing to Spurs earlier in the season?

3. He's never accomlished much at the international level. He's been, in fact, rather average. I had to laugh a few nights ago when I heard an English-born football commentator who had suggested last fall that Gerrard be dropped from the England First XI in favor of Ashley Young jump on the Gerrard "best in the world" bandwagon.

4. Let me tell you all a secret. There is no "best player in the world." Kaka isn't. Messi isn't. Cristiano Ronaldo isn't. You name him, he isn't. They are all great players who may be in better form than the others at any given time, but the idea that you can say that Messi is actually better than Kaka or vice versa is ludicrous. True greatness is something that is achieved over time. It's not a flavor of the month. Any of them might be the best player of a particular season, but that doesn't really make them actually a better player than the others.

Jeff
25-03-2009, 16:06
4. Let me tell you all a secret. There is no "best player in the world." Kaka isn't. Messi isn't. Cristiano Ronaldo isn't. You name him, he isn't. They are all great players who may be in better form than the others at any given time, but the idea that you can say that Messi is actually better than Kaka or vice versa is ludicrous. True greatness is something that is achieved over time. It's not a flavor of the month. Any of them might be the best player of a particular season, but that doesn't really make them actually a better player than the others.

Very good point.

mrki
25-03-2009, 16:54
Two things:

First: I never heard that Zidane mentioned Gerrard as the best in the world, this is news for me. But even better, Zidane surely knows what he is talking about.

Second: yuor conclusion is wrong as we talked about who is the best player right now. And, in my oppinion, its Gerrard.

If we talk about big players, then none of them can stand by Dek Piero's greatness for example. No matter how good they play now. But that wasnt the topic, so aldough I understand your point, it missed the topic of the conversation.

Also, I didnt write it in here as it never accured my mind to talk about him, but L'pools results vs Stoke etc few months ago do not influence my vision of Gerrard as Gerrard, not as L'pool player.

On thze NT subject, it was already discussed and you'll all see how Gerrard will play in WC. Just remember then. Cappello will make him play like he can. england had clown after clown on the bench. Maradona couldnt play in there.

And dont listen to Englist commentators, they thing Crouch was one of the best strikers in the world and in most cases talk **** for 90 min. More yelling that smart analising. I once saw a game at the afternoon with english commentary of some cup game, and later on watched Milan on rai uno with Cappello as co-commentator. Its like you dont watch the same sport.

England com. :" great shot!...what a fighter!...uhhh....bad tackle by the lad...its a tough cross..."
Rai uno:" the variations of the formations are extreme with Milan lately...bla,bla..."

Im just saying. Better to watch the game muted sometimes. :)

On Maxwell: his agent said they will pay out his contract and he'll be a free player. Inter cant do **** then.

Christian
25-03-2009, 16:55
I just can't imagine that Inter would sell Maxwell to Milan. I don't care what the papers say. I don't care what Maxwell's agent says. It just defies logic to think that Inter would sell him to Milan. They would let him go somewhere else at a cut rate long before they would let him cross the San Siro. The only way I can envision Maxwell moving directly from Inter to Milan is if he waits until his contract runs out and moves for free.

I don't think the relationship between Inter management and Milan management is as bad as many would think. Maybe they would prefer to sell to someone outside Italy or the top four, but I think they're gonna be indifferent towards selling to us, Juventus, Roma or even Fiorentina, I just don't see why they wouldn't be. It is afterall a business, and truth is that they're gonna have to sell this summer, since there's no way they're gonna pay for his wages for a year, and then have him leave for free, when they have buyers this summer.

His agent has made is clear that he is not gonna renew in 2010, and in the end, it's gonna be the player who decides where he goes. If he wants to join us, then Inter has no choice, but to sell, or pay his wages and have him leave for free a year later.

ACMILAN1983
25-03-2009, 17:06
I was, but I got sick of that username and Jeff changed it for me.

Ah, explains the love for Dida. I don't suppose you're SquireD (or something like that) on Xtratime are you?

Sorry to all for going off topic, promise this is the last question I ask about this :tong:

Jeff
25-03-2009, 18:06
I think it's reza who helped you chg... :D

edysupriadi
25-03-2009, 21:15
Im asking from Milan to do their work seriousely, starting from building the strategy together and with precise planning. [B]Without money "laundring" on players like emerson etc.


LOL :grinser::grinser::grinser:

Gabriel489
26-03-2009, 03:51
Why are we being link with Kanuote and not Gomez and other 20something striker is beyond me?

To be honest, if this continue, we will just be Inter-the laughable loser in Series A for the next decade.

ACMILAN1983
26-03-2009, 05:18
Why are we being link with Kanuote and not Gomez and other 20something striker is beyond me?

To be honest, if this continue, we will just be Inter-the laughable loser in Series A for the next decade.

Gomez has effectively disappeared off the map since the Euro 2008 because of his shocking performances. Also, when I see him these days he doesn't seem to have the same confidence he did before the Euros and essentially doesn't seem the same player.

Kanoute, despite being 31 has been very good at Sevilla in the past few years, forging a fantastic partnership with Luis Fabiano.

Either way, we're more strongly linked to Eto'o and Adebayor than we are Kanoute.

Siregar
26-03-2009, 05:44
I just read Gomez' stats and he doesn't seems having a bad season (someone who follows Stuttgart can probably give views). He has scored 14 goals with 6 assits from 24 games of Bundesliga this season (last season 25 games, 19 goals and 3 assists), 8 goals + 2 assists in 10 games in UEFA Cup and 3 goals from 2 games in DFB-Pokal (German Cup).

It could be that his performance is dropping this season, I only look at from stats and he still looks fine to me.

He and Edin Dzeko should be cheaper than Adebayor. From physical point of view I prefer Edin Dzeko but I am still not convinced if he is not a one-season-wonder striker. However as a third striker I'll choose him over Boriello.

Rick
26-03-2009, 07:12
Two things:

First: I never heard that Zidane mentioned Gerrard as the best in the world, this is news for me. But even better, Zidane surely knows what he is talking about.



That's fine, but surely you've heard others talk about it since Zidane did. And while I don't take Zidane's opinion lightly, it's only an opinion.

Second: yuor conclusion is wrong as we talked about who is the best player right now. And, in my oppinion, its Gerrard.

But did you think Gerrard was the best player in November? If not, will he be the best player in May or in August? And if he's only the best player in March, what's the point? Being the player who is in the best form at the moment doesn't make you the best player in the world. It only makes you the player who is hot. When Pippo scored a hat trick recently was he the best player in the world for those two hours? Was Ashley Young the best player in the world when people were calling for him to replace Gerrard in the England lineup? He was certainly in better form.

I just think "best player in the world" arguments are pointless. It's like the "bigger club" (or as I like to call it "bigger penis") debates. Everyone can make their own case and ultimately nothing is decided, so what has been accomplished? It's just a waste of time.

Rick
26-03-2009, 07:19
I don't think the relationship between Inter management and Milan management is as bad as many would think. Maybe they would prefer to sell to someone outside Italy or the top four, but I think they're gonna be indifferent towards selling to us, Juventus, Roma or even Fiorentina, I just don't see why they wouldn't be. It is afterall a business, and truth is that they're gonna have to sell this summer, since there's no way they're gonna pay for his wages for a year, and then have him leave for free, when they have buyers this summer.

His agent has made is clear that he is not gonna renew in 2010, and in the end, it's gonna be the player who decides where he goes. If he wants to join us, then Inter has no choice, but to sell, or pay his wages and have him leave for free a year later.

But there are so many other clubs out there who would be willing to pay for him, why would they sell to Milan? It's true that players have moved from Inter to Milan before, of course, but not at a time when Inter was the most powerful club in the league. At this point, they have the upper hand on everyone else. They can sell him to Spain or England or Germany or to a mid-table Italian club. The only way I can envision Inter selling him directly to Milan is if Milan were willing to pay well over the market price for him. And given the current attitude toward spending by Milan's management, that seems highly unlikely.

Ceceves
26-03-2009, 07:38
I just think "best player in the world" arguments are pointless. It's like the "bigger club" (or as I like to call it "bigger penis") debates. Everyone can make their own case and ultimately nothing is decided, so what has been accomplished? It's just a waste of time.

Isn't finding out who has the bigger penis rather simple? :ilol:

Though, of course not on an internet forum...:zany:

EDIT: Regarding Maxwell, if the players wants Milan and no other club (hypothetically) then Inter can't force him to go to another club. And in the end, from what I understand, he can just buy out the remainder of his contract and then go wherever he wants.

Rick
26-03-2009, 10:51
Isn't finding out who has the bigger penis rather simple? :ilol:

Though, of course not on an internet forum...:zany:

EDIT: Regarding Maxwell, if the players wants Milan and no other club (hypothetically) then Inter can't force him to go to another club. And in the end, from what I understand, he can just buy out the remainder of his contract and then go wherever he wants.

The trouble is most don't have the balls to actually whip it out anyway. ;)

Well, hypothetically, if Maxwell was determined to play for Milan and no other club -- and if his contract allows him to buy out the final year -- then, yes, he could buy out his contract and sign for Milan. But is his heart so set on Milan that he wouldn't consider playing for any other club? I doubt it. And would he be willing to dig so deep into his own pockets? I have my doubts about that as well. And even if that happened, it would not be a case of Inter selling him to Milan. It would be a case of Maxwell, himself, circumventing the system to make the move.

I hope I'm wrong about Inter and Maxwell because I'd like to see him at Milan next season, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Christian
26-03-2009, 11:02
The trouble is most don't have the balls to actually whip it out anyway. ;)

Well, hypothetically, if Maxwell was determined to play for Milan and no other club -- and if his contract allows him to buy out the final year -- then, yes, he could buy out his contract and sign for Milan. But is his heart so set on Milan that he wouldn't consider playing for any other club? I doubt it. And would he be willing to dig so deep into his own pockets? I have my doubts about that as well. And even if that happened, it would not be a case of Inter selling him to Milan. It would be a case of Maxwell, himself, circumventing the system to make the move.

I hope I'm wrong about Inter and Maxwell because I'd like to see him at Milan next season, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think what Maxwell's agent is talking about when he mentions 'buying out' the contract is the webster ruling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling). It allows him to buy him out of the contract for a fixed amount. I'm pretty sure that amount would be repayed by us in a signing on fee, if he moved to us.

The obvious reason why he'd wanna come to us is that he wouldn't have to move, or adabt to a new country. If he has a family it would be convinient just to change the colour of his shirt, instead of moving country.

Anyways, only thing that is for sure, is that he's not gonna be at Inter next year, let's just hope he'll be at our club then.

mrki
26-03-2009, 15:24
Article 17 in Maxwells contract apparently doesnt allow him to move to an italian team. unlkess Moratti SELLs him to one. So, Maxwell will not come to Milan.

We can for sure talk about "best player of the seqson", as players form goes up and down season wise. And this season its Gerrard in my oppinion. That means "right now".

Next season - Kaka' again :)

rt9
26-03-2009, 21:30
Look, when a player performs consistently over a period of time, it is fair to be dubbed as the "best player in the world", and that changes from time to time, season to season. Last year, it was CR7 with his huge goal haul in the EPL, the year before it was Kaka with his unbelievable CL performances. This year, I would agree with Zidane, that player looks to be Gerard with Messi a close second.

It's all a matter of opinion, but if we can't express our opinions about who we think is the best at the moment, or which club is the best at the moment, then what's the point? These things are a part and parcel of every sport, tennis has their best, track and field have their best, basketball have their best, and football has their best, AC Milan of course :)

Gabriel489
27-03-2009, 00:49
The sad thing about Maxell is, we seems to be dying to sign a player who can't even break into the bench for Inter, thats just sad.

boring
27-03-2009, 01:12
On the surface yes but he's a very good player and certainly an improvement over Janku (as LB).

rt9
27-03-2009, 02:31
It's fine that we're thinking about Maxwell, but why is it that we always think about players who are either free or available for cheap? We should just identify our targets and go for them, not the other way round.

Gabriel489
27-03-2009, 04:15
Exactly, what happened to us over the past few years.
I don't understand why other teams, not taking about EPL of Liga but IT teams like Inter and to some extend Juve can out spend us over the past few yrs. And yet we are always trying to sign players on the cheapend and hope they still have a few more miles left in the tank.
For the past years, Inter signed, Mancini, Queserma, Ibra, Viera, Rivas, Muntari with very few players leaving. Thus they spent much more than they sold.
Juve is about breaking even but they went two yrs without CL prior to this year and one of those yr was at Series B.
While we seems to be spending more money but when u put in the fact that we never did use Sheva's sell money and the fact that we won CL two yrs ago, we did not spend much.

Siregar
27-03-2009, 04:21
Exactly, what happened to us over the past few years.
I don't understand why other teams, not taking about EPL of Liga but IT teams like Inter and to some extend Juve can out spend us over the past few yrs. And yet we are always trying to sign players on the cheapend and hope they still have a few more miles left in the tank.
For the past years, Inter signed, Mancini, Queserma, Ibra, Viera, Rivas, Muntari with very few players leaving. Thus they spent much more than they sold.
Juve is about breaking even but they went two yrs without CL prior to this year and one of those yr was at Series B.
While we seems to be spending more money but when u put in the fact that we never did use Sheva's sell money and the fact that we won CL two yrs ago, we did not spend much.

And we made midweek friendly games just to collect money. Poor management!

ACMILAN1983
27-03-2009, 05:07
I must say that for the forward position Guillame Hoarau that mrki suggested appears to be the best suggestion I've seen so far. I've been racking my brain for other potential players but must admit it's difficult.

mrki
27-03-2009, 06:54
However, I dont think PSG.no9 will be a cheep player. They know he has potential and he'll be pretty expencive.

I think its real to expect stronger Inter and Juve next year, and right now they are in front of us anyway. Seriousely.

Juve will most likely bring back Criscito and he'll take the LB place on the clown Molinaro. Then its ( latest ) possibility of Kjaer ( or some other CB ) and one vice-Nedved for sure and Cassano. Its could be even:
----Camo-Sissoko-Diego-Giovinco ( will be an amazing player next year )--

Inter will buy a lot Im sure. Morratti is a desperate man and Mourinho will ( with a little help from Ibra's pressure ) get his 3-4 players he needs: CB, AM, CF...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, its clear that ( as some rightfully say ) Milan needs to buy straingh and with quality. Im for Maxwell, but when we look at the money Berlusconi posseses, and the failured in past, why not Clichy for big money? Chirisis are not so big for a man with 10 bln...

And about defence:
- Nesta could end his career
-Maldini is out
-Favalli is out ( please be out!)
-Kaladze is injured till AUGUST and is in horrible shape!
-Senderos is a joke

That is 4 CB's! And we got Thiago? Agger is like 8mln and IF nest is not ok one more is needed.

In the summer we'll see what we have. But Im sure that if Milan do not spend for real and seriousely we can forget about next year in semptember already without 5,6 serioous players.

mrki
27-03-2009, 06:55
It's all a matter of opinion, but if we can't express our opinions about who we think is the best at the moment, or which club is the best at the moment, then what's the point? These things are a part and parcel of every sport, tennis has their best, track and field have their best, basketball have their best, and football has their best, AC Milan of course :)

See, it can be concluded :p017::p017::p017::5guitar:

ACMILAN1983
27-03-2009, 08:42
However, I dont think PSG.no9 will be a cheep player. They know he has potential and he'll be pretty expencive.

In all honesty, that is the biggest fear I have with him. I think he will be at a fairly high price after this season (I think he's second in Ligue top scorers right now). Still, he's a player I think could be useful as he's a big target man but isn't like Borriello (another reason why I dismiss Gomez right now), in that he's more closer to the style of Toni than Borriello.

I agree we need to invest strongly this summer, not necessarily by spending fortunes, but through smart deals. We have to change our transfer strategies from looking for big marketing names to seriously strengthening our squad.

As I said in the Gourcuff thread, right now I'd consider selling Dinho as he's worth a fair amount (I'm sure Man City would be interested) and we'd knock a huge salary off our wage bill and fund some of our transfers. I don't think we'll ever get the best of Dinho and if we manage to I think it will be difficult to get the best of Kaka and Pato.

Sell Dinho and we can look to get a new forward, who doesn't necessarily have to be one of the world's best (especially if we're looking to fit Gourcuff in). As a new forward shouldn't come to the same price as Dinho, we can use the leftover funds to pay for key additions in defence.

Like I said before a couple of weeks ago, sell guys wasting space in our squad like Kaladze and we can fund large parts of transfers like Santacroce (who I still dream of even if it's unrealistic). Sell Oddo and we can fund a fair portion of a deal for someone like Clichy. Another fullback solution is to try for Di Silvestri who looks very good and we can play Zambrotta at LB or even Zuniga (though he's a bigger risk). Sell Dida and we can get Marchetti. Get rid of Emerson and even possibly Ambro who may not be needed if we aim to use Janku in midfield, and get Mariga. Finally, with the loss of guys like Favalli and Maldini, we'd need one or maybe 2 additions for backup in the CB role. Bring in a decent backup like Carrozieri that won't cost a fortune and keep a guy like Favalli (or bring in Panucci maybe?) to be the very last choice in worst cases (which hopefully is never). I've not even mentioned guys like Abate coming back either.

Essentially, it's adding depth to the squad, reducing the average and increasing the quality, both in the first team and on the bench. It shouldn't cost a fortune and we can seriously look to compete.

Also, new reports are coming out about us looking at Mariga. I'm happy about this and I still think he'll be a good risk to take this summer.

gregapenny
27-03-2009, 09:34
@mrki: you are forgetting that we have Bonera in central defense also... In my opinion he is a superb backup in central defense, but he's not good as a right back and I really hope Ancelotti will stop using him in that position.

As for a striker, I think we should really consider Paloschi for next year. He is very good. I mean, why would we go to Brazil and buy Keirrison for 20 mil if we have a striker of same qualities right in front of our eyes. We are making the same mistake Real is making... They have a bunch of really good young players around La Liga, but they are buying foreign youngsters that are not even as good as there home grown players are... I think that Paloschi is similar to Pato... If Paloschi would get as many chances as Pato is getting, he would also score that many goals... And imagine Pato and Paloschi in three years. They would form the best attack in the world. I am not saying that Paloschi should be our second striker for next year. I would go with Pato-Borriello in attack and Paloschi and Inzaghi on the bench. So that would mean we could spend much more money on our defense. We could bring Clichy, Mexes, Maxwell and maybe even one more defender. Don't forget that Milan scored 51 goals so far in the league. Only Inter (54) scored more. So our biggest problem is in defense.

And also I really don't think that Juve and Inter are better than us. OK Inter maybe, but they are so lucky this year... What you have to realize is that Milan is missing its key players... We were in the lead at the start of the year when we had all the players at our disposal. Then Gattuso got injured and he is a key player for our team. We are missing Nesta, one of the best defenders in the world, the whole season and nobody really expected that. Then Pirlo got injured for two months and he really hasn't been the same since... Borriello, who is the only striker on our team with different qualities, is out for the season. Tell me also how many games did Kaka and Ronaldinho played at 100%? Very few... So with all the injuries to our key players we are just 7 points behind Juve (who also had problems with injuries, but not as much as Milan) and don't forget they still have to come to San Siro.

Gabriel489
27-03-2009, 09:43
The thing is that, it is when we miss our so call key players-Pirlo and Seedorf that enable us to beat weaker sides.

ACMILAN1983
27-03-2009, 11:04
I few quick points about the posts above:

gregapenny
1) I agree, Bonera's a very good backup
2) I wouldn't get Paloschi back as it could stunt his growth. I think it's best for him to stay at a club where he gets to play fairly regularly.

Gabriel
1) I agree Seedorf hasn't really helped our team when played (well, not lately anyway).
2) About Pirlo, I think a lot of blame has been placed unfairly on his shoulders. When we won before he came back, we were not playing good football and our results were often grinding out 1-goal victories, usually from an individual bit of skill from guys like Dinho. Eventually this would come back to bite us as we simply can't maintain results that way and so it's no shock that results fell. I think Gattuso's loss was a much bigger problem than Pirlo's return, as we lost probably the most important player during the first half of the season. It's no coincidence that during the first half of the season our defence was statistically one of the best and now is shockingly poor, leaking goals every game, which is costing us results.

Jeff
27-03-2009, 12:58
Great point, as usual, Dev. Gattuso's loss, and subsequently the inability of Nesta to ever come back, has cost Milan dearly.

hitmannq8
27-03-2009, 14:58
Ancelotti has said all Milan needs is 2 players to return to the top, a defender to replace Maldini (what about Silva?) and a striker who doesnt necessarily have to be a CF as we have Boriello.

When will our coach/management learn, these players are done! We must create a new team, starting off with benching players like Jankulovski, Pirlo and Seedorf. Actually scratch that, all we need is to get rid of Carlo. Things will then fall into place accordingly.

spina_don
27-03-2009, 15:46
I swear...i'll be the happiest human being on earth the day that milan gets rid of Carlo and God is my witness...i'm really honest about this..He's destroyed several milan talents and he wants to do more...He needs to go...we have and had so many talents so why can't they throw the ones that suck and bring back the ones we need...Beckham over Abate? how...Abate is young and ways faster than Beckham..His fastness will help our play even with kaka and pato...Gourcuff too should come back...2-3 players in our midfield are to be shipped out leaving space for gourcuff n abate to come in...in Defense i can't wait for the players we'll actually get...I really can't....and i can't wait to see Carlo leave..we're getting a new striker and i'm very anxious who that will actually be...I can't wait

K77SH C
27-03-2009, 17:40
Ancelotti has said all Milan needs is 2 players to return to the top, a defender to replace Maldini (what about Silva?) and a striker who doesnt necessarily have to be a CF as we have Boriello.



I for one am relieved Milan realise Thiago will need a partner. Boriello has been injured and surely we will get to use him next season so there is no harm in Milan buying a foreward.

About the midfield, Im not as concerned as some people here. Defence needs sorting first. Its time some fans (I dont mean you hitman or anyone else for that matter) get realistic and realise Berlusconi isnt going to spend the kind of money we would like and Galliani doesnt have the skill to bring the kind of players we need. Be happy, just to see a decent defence next season.

K77SH C
27-03-2009, 17:43
Great point, as usual, Dev. Gattuso's loss, and subsequently the inability of Nesta to ever come back, has cost Milan dearly.

I have been saying for months that Milan needs to sign defenders as Nesta may never come back. But Galliani has been hell bent on ifs and buts.

hitmannq8
27-03-2009, 20:00
I know myself that they wont spend like we want them too. If it was up to me I woulda snatched Santacroce or Alex when I had the chance, but you're right that is very unrealistic.. but again - I think with Carlo outta here and a new coach here, we will see changes. The new coach will ask for certain guarantees and I'm sure it will be getting rid of Senderos/Kaladze/Emerson/Favalli and probably Sheva too.

We need to begin a new Era. We should have begun one after Istanbul but no, we decided to keep on going. I hope they realize it now before it's late, because I for one have already lost hope on football, the only reason I watch Milan week in week out is to see players like Zambrotta and Pato perform well. If they continue like this with this attitude they will never return to winning ways again.

Blacktop
27-03-2009, 21:02
Ah, explains the love for Dida. I don't suppose you're SquireD (or something like that) on Xtratime are you?

Not sure how I missed this question. Anyway, I don't have an Xtratime account. I've browsed the Milan forum there a few times and didn't really care for the holier-than-thou atmosphere.

rt9
27-03-2009, 21:23
You know, Carlo is probably right---2 players can take us to the top again, a DM and a striker. The only problem is those 2 have to be world class. A DM like Senderos will not get us anywhere and if we end up picking another Oliveira as our striker then we are looking at 3rd place again next year.

I just hope management does one of 2 things: a) Go out there and SPEND. Get Alex and Benzema/Adebayor OR b) Accept that we don't have money to spend and go for some promising youngsters---pluck them out of Brazil, Serie B, I don't care, but it is far better than picking up yet another washed up player who used to have a reputation.

Mystik
27-03-2009, 23:16
On top of a couple players we need a new approach to the game. Pirlo needs to be allowed to move forward and help the attack. At the moment he's just restricted to sideways and backwards passes so Carlo really needs to sort this out. I maintain we'll have problems creating chances for our strikers (as usual) if we don't fix our center midfield. I don't see why all other CM's are pushing into the box all the time while Pirlo is stuck in the center circle.

We definitely need a central defender and a left fullback. Shift Janku up to LCM and that's that. Janku's defense is atrocious for a defender and his crossing has been getting worse and worse. Clichy is my perfect purchase for LB if we could get him. Santacroce for CB and we're set for decades.

If we're going to play 4-3-2-1 then we don't need a world class striker. Pato is definitely our starter and anyone else that comes will be complaining for time. We need someone who can score goals but won't complain about being on the bench.

For the 2 AM's spots: Kaka, Dinho and Gourcuff sounds good to me as rotation. If Dinho and Kaka are in particularly good form we could support all 3 players by dropping Gourcuff into the CM position.

All that's left is to drop Seedorf to a bench role, maybe buy a box-box player who can attack and defend equally well and voila a competitive team with minimal money spent.

Just need a decent striker a midfielder and 2 quality defenders. I hope the people in charge actually have a plan of where they want to go with the team...and don't just bring players for the sake of it.

ACMILAN1983
28-03-2009, 04:13
I for one am relieved Milan realise Thiago will need a partner. Boriello has been injured and surely we will get to use him next season so there is no harm in Milan buying a foreward.

About the midfield, Im not as concerned as some people here. Defence needs sorting first. Its time some fans (I dont mean you hitman or anyone else for that matter) get realistic and realise Berlusconi isnt going to spend the kind of money we would like and Galliani doesnt have the skill to bring the kind of players we need. Be happy, just to see a decent defence next season.

The problem is it's all good and well Carlo saying we need a defender and a forward (personally, I don't see this to be the biggest problem, in my eyes it takes third priority). However, there's no mention of needing a fullback anywhere, which if we don't get sorted it means having to put up with Janku's blunders in LB for another season. We MUST get a defender and a fullback this summer to be truly competitive again imo. A forward is needed, but it depends on how we wish to play, and personally I think Pato's best suited to being the striker in the side rather than second forward, so it's not necessarily the case that we should look at just big target men (especially as we're looking for Borriello to return).

On top of a couple players we need a new approach to the game. Pirlo needs to be allowed to move forward and help the attack. At the moment he's just restricted to sideways and backwards passes so Carlo really needs to sort this out. I maintain we'll have problems creating chances for our strikers (as usual) if we don't fix our center midfield. I don't see why all other CM's are pushing into the box all the time while Pirlo is stuck in the center circle.

One question that was bothering me was why was Pirlo so good before in exactly the same role as he is in now and I think the answer could be attributed threefold. 1) Managers now know our system completely, Pirlo's the instigator of all our play and stopping him will effectively kill us. 2) Pirlo previously had support with Seedorf alongside him. Much like Beckham now, should Pirlo be marked we have another option to move forward. 3) Quite possibly the most important, we used to press high up the pitch. This naturally meant Pirlo would play further up the pitch as you said, and hence he was far more useful.

I agree wholeheartedly that Pirlo should be pushed up though, time has passed and in this role teams are stopping him too easily these days.

Great point, as usual, Dev. Gattuso's loss, and subsequently the inability of Nesta to ever come back, has cost Milan dearly.

thanks Jeff :)

Not sure how I missed this question. Anyway, I don't have an Xtratime account. I've browsed the Milan forum there a few times and didn't really care for the holier-than-thou atmosphere.

Fair enough, just I've noticed that SquireD poster is also a big Dida fan. yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of XT either.

K77SH C
28-03-2009, 06:01
I tend to disagree with alot of the sentiments in this thread. I still think the we have one of the strongest midfields in Europe. I dont believe Pirlo can suddenly become a bad player and with Gatusso and Flamini to support we have quality play breakers. Gourcuff adds a completely new flavour and if Seedorf and Ambro can take over fom the contribution that Brocchi and Emerson were supposed to provide then that is even better.

If Pirlo and Jankulovski have been identified this year as players who have underperformed. Then I say that in the last few seasons there has always been KEY PLAYERS who have underperformed. Seedorf in 2005 was awful and then was amazing in 2007. Gatusso had a long patch where he couldnt do anything right. I wont include Pato as he is so young and dips are expected. Even the great Kaka hasnt been anywhere near what is expected of him. Even Malsini would have given us a solid contribution like Billy had he a Thiago next to him and few games to play. And now 2 more KEY PLAYERS - Pirlo and Janku.

There is a reason though, both defence and attack are totally ineffective. I believe by bolstering these two areas then Gatusso and Flamini can concentrate on destroying, Pirlo can concentrate on playmaking, Kaka can concentrate on playing with the ball at his feet (Something he has avoided for a while, because hes busy tracking back after Ronnie or someone else) and Jankulovski can fly up the wings while satisfied Kaladze wont need him (Kaladze will be on the damn bench where he belongs, backup at best).

Every Milan success I have ever witnessed was built on a solid defence. Now we dont even have a defence and that is no exageration.

Lets not forget people on this forum used to beg for Carlo to play Janku as a fullback. He was pretty good too, until the defence he was in started crumbling. You guys honestly think Janku couldnt get in the inter team? It would start eith a chance and continue because the amount of running he does. Janku is a better player than Maxwell and more imprtantly he is settled in this side and plays with as much heart as anyone else in the squad.

So in a sentence, bring a world class striker and a world class centre back and watch Jankulovski fly.

mzk57
28-03-2009, 07:47
Any one here follows EPL? At the moment the teams in bottom 5 are Stoke City, Newcastle, Blackburn, Middlesbrough and WBA. 3 of the teams are relatively bigger clubs than the likes of Hull, Wigan, Fulham etc above them. WBA will surely be relegated. I hope Hull and Stoke City survive, so that any 2 out of Newcastle, Blackburn and Middlesbrough can go down and their big players would become available for cheap :pp20:

Some good players IMO are:

Newcastle
- Damien Duff: He could be a Serginho type impact player. Very pacy
- Fabio Colochini: Its better to have him as a backup CB than Kladze
- Obi Fehmi Martins: Remember him?
- Gutieriz: A good battling midfielder

Blackburn
- Roque Santa Cruz: Pure class and better than Borrie
- Beni Mcarthy: Regular international player for South African NT
- Jason Roberts: A good choice for a back up striker
- Morton Gamst Pedrson: More than a decent player
- Bred Emerton: Regular international player for Australian NT
- Matt Darbisher: A good young talent, but English so won't leave EPL

Middlesbrough
- Tunchi Sanli: Regular international player for Turkey NT & very talented
- Afonso Alvez: Struggles in EPL, but still a Brazillian striker
- Jermie Aliadier: Could be a good sub or squad player, striker + winger
- Robert Huth: A good German CB

mzk57
28-03-2009, 07:48
Look, when a player performs consistently over a period of time, it is fair to be dubbed as the "best player in the world", and that changes from time to time, season to season. Last year, it was CR7 with his huge goal haul in the EPL, the year before it was Kaka with his unbelievable CL performances. This year, I would agree with Zidane, that player looks to be Gerard with Messi a close second.
Why a goalkeeper, defender or a defensive midfielder can not be called as the 'Best Player of the World' when they are performing well regularly? With the exception of Cannavaro-2006, I never heard any one saying that Nesta is the best player of the world when it was almost impossible to pass him in 2002-2007 or Paolo Maldini at his prime as the 'Best Player of the World'. Strikers, forwards. wingers, attacking midfielders get all the head lines most of the time, although the likes of Buffon, Casillas, Vidic, Dani Alvez, Lucio, Lahm, Puyol, Bosingwa, Yaya Toure, Mascherano, Van Bommel are as consistent as any one around at this moment of time. If performing consistently well is the thing that makes you the best player of the world, then No one comes even close to Frank Lampard
(I am sure there are many fans jealous of Frank Lampard)

But the best player of the world is the one who along with all the other qualities has a 'Graceful Playing Style'. Just like Roger Federer in tennis and Brian Lara (ret) in Cricket, so thats makes Kaka as the best player of the world, even if he is not playing regularly. Messi 2nd and David Villa 3rd. Any questions?

......and football has their best, AC Milan of course :)
Without any doubt :)

mrki
28-03-2009, 10:36
I really, really hope Carlo will be SOLD to Madrid for some money as he is still under contract. And as it looks, and Dinho said it, City is interested in him. If people in Milanello see Dinho is no longer capable or has the will to work hard he should also be sold.

Seedorf should be replaced by Gourcuff.

IF Carlo stays Yoan WILL NOT play for Milan. that is 90% sure. And those storyes about Milan solving everything with two players are crap as our midfield is not capable of playing modern football with these players!

Keep Carlo and you'll have Seedorf and Pirlo playing 90% of matches again, with Beckham also always in front of Flamini. As well as Ambrosini.

We need to BUY 3 players, and bring back Gourcuff. LB, CB, CF. And I'd also bring in Hernanes, I saw him now and I can say that this man can play whatever you ask him to.

But it doesnt matter, again, with 2 players only I can surely say we will not win anything as our midfield cant play modern football anymore. Just look at CL games that will follow now and you'll realise in first 20min that our midfielders have nothing to do there right now.

And the more I think the more I actually aggree that Adebayor should realistically be the player we need as CF . But Im afraid Yoan will be on his way to Arsenal. Aldough my wish is Eto'o.

Mystik
28-03-2009, 10:38
I tend to disagree with alot of the sentiments in this thread. I still think the we have one of the strongest midfields in Europe. I dont believe Pirlo can suddenly become a bad player and with Gatusso and Flamini to support we have quality play breakers. Gourcuff adds a completely new flavour and if Seedorf and Ambro can take over fom the contribution that Brocchi and Emerson were supposed to provide then that is even better.

This is where you're misunderstanding. He is not a bad player, he's just being rendered ineffective too easily because of his current position on the pitch. Then because the one and only plan we have is to give the ball to Pirlo, our whole game suffers. Opponents just press Pirlo in our half and that's that.

P.S. If our midfield is so strong, why has it been so difficult to create chances on goal for the past couple seasons?

mrki
28-03-2009, 10:41
Suddenly? that suddenly is 2 years of not trying on the field...

GeoTav
28-03-2009, 11:36
Any one here follows EPL? At the moment the teams in bottom 5 are Stoke City, Newcastle, Blackburn, Middlesbrough and WBA. 3 of the teams are relatively bigger clubs than the likes of Hull, Wigan, Fulham etc above them. WBA will surely be relegated. I hope Hull and Stoke City survive, so that any 2 out of Newcastle, Blackburn and Middlesbrough can go down and their big players would become available for cheap :pp20:

Some good players IMO are:

Newcastle
- Damien Duff: He could be a Serginho type impact player. Very pacy
- Fabio Colochini: Its better to have him as a backup CB than Kladze
- Obi Fehmi Martins: Remember him?
- Gutieriz: A good battling midfielder

Blackburn
- Roque Santa Cruz: Pure class and better than Borrie
- Beni Mcarthy: Regular international player for South African NT
- Jason Roberts: A good choice for a back up striker
- Morton Gamst Pedrson: More than a decent player
- Bred Emerton: Regular international player for Australian NT
- Matt Darbisher: A good young talent, but English so won't leave EPL

Middlesbrough
- Tunchi Sanli: Regular international player for Turkey NT & very talented
- Afonso Alvez: Struggles in EPL, but still a Brazillian striker
- Jermie Aliadier: Could be a good sub or squad player, striker + winger
- Robert Huth: A good German CB

Firstly, clubs in EPL can keep their players even when they are relegated ...
Secondly, it's really weird, but when a club is relegated from the EPL, they almost always sell their players to EPL teams ... actually, it's not weird as they can sell them to a higher price than if they would sell them to other European clubs.

To finish, I hope your post was a joke ? :D
The players I put in bold have nothing to do in Milan ... for the others, I don't know them enough or even I don't know them at all.

K77SH C
28-03-2009, 11:47
This is where you're misunderstanding. He is not a bad player, he's just being rendered ineffective too easily because of his current position on the pitch. Then because the one and only plan we have is to give the ball to Pirlo, our whole game suffers. Opponents just press Pirlo in our half and that's that.

P.S. If our midfield is so strong, why has it been so difficult to create chances on goal for the past couple seasons?

Because of two reasons:

1. Pirlo who is a deeplying playmaker is forced to defend and try and make up for errors from Kaladze, Senderos, Bonera and Maldini.
2. There isnt a single player in the box, as Pato tends to drop deep anyway. Hence we are not taking nearly as many shots on goal as we should.

K77SH C
28-03-2009, 11:48
Suddenly? that suddenly is 2 years of not trying on the field...

Im sure that even you dont believe he doesnt try.

GeoTav
28-03-2009, 11:56
Ancelotti said that we needed a great defender and a great striker, but this striker hasn't to be a "big tall" one as everyone expects it because he explained that Borriello could still play that role next year. And we know that the dream of Ancelotti is to have Eto'o ... so if R80 goes, bringing Eto'o could become a possible thing.

Pato likes to play on the left, Eto'o can move everywhere (and especially on the right), so just imagine one second:

------ Pato --- Eto'o ------
---------- Kaka' ----------- (free role)
Flamini - Gourcuff - Gattuso

Pirlo can replace any of the 4 midfielders if he is needed, as well as Seedorf.

Everyone is happy: mrki doesn't see Pirlo and Seedorf on the pitch each game, and the ones like me who still think that Pirlo is a great player will see him sometimes.

gregapenny
28-03-2009, 12:54
Look, as long as Ancelotti is on the bench, Pirlo will play. And Pirlo will play much better when he will have Gattuso by his side. And I dont' really like Pato-Eto'o in attack, because they are not good in the air. You have to have two strikers with different qualities. For example: Pato-Borriello. Pato is a versatile attacker and Borriello is tall and strong and very good in the air. So now threat comes from everywhere. If you would play Pato-Eto'o, then the crosses from the side would be ineffective.

Secondly, if we bring back Gourcuff, then either Ronaldinho or Seedorf has to go. Otherwise we will have too many attacking midfielders: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gourcuff. In my opinion we should sell Ronaldinho. I think we could get about 30 mil from Man City and we could use this money for two or three quality players. Gourcuff is currently much better than Ronaldinho...

GeoTav
28-03-2009, 13:17
Look, as long as Ancelotti is on the bench, Pirlo will play. And Pirlo will play much better when he will have Gattuso by his side. And I dont' really like Pato-Eto'o in attack, because they are not good in the air. You have to have two strikers with different qualities. For example: Pato-Borriello. Pato is a versatile attacker and Borriello is tall and strong and very good in the air. So now threat comes from everywhere. If you would play Pato-Eto'o, then the crosses from the side would be ineffective.

Secondly, if we bring back Gourcuff, then either Ronaldinho or Seedorf has to go. Otherwise we will have too many attacking midfielders: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gourcuff. In my opinion we should sell Ronaldinho. I think we could get about 30 mil from Man City and we could use this money for two or three quality players. Gourcuff is currently much better than Ronaldinho...

R80 going is an open door to both Gourcuff and Eto'o ...
Saying Eto'o and Pato can't play together because they are not good in the air is weird: Pato is good in the air (not perfect, not great, not very good), as well as Eto'o is, but what's the point ? We never cross ... so we don't need players good in the air in attack. We need them in midfield or even more in defense, but not in our attack as we often play on the ground. If you look the formation I put, no one is going to play in the air with them.

And I'm sorry, but Barcelona has Eto'o, Messi and Henry, they are not known as being good in the air (Henry is tall but he is a joke in the air actually, even Messi is probably better than him), and they can play all together ? Why not Pato-Eto'o-Kaka' ?

PS: And when the coach sees that both Eto'o and Pato can't score, then he has the Borriello solution ...

hitmannq8
28-03-2009, 14:00
We being linked with Cannavaro. I like it. Italian, great experience, has everything he needs. I know he's 35 but I'm sure he still has it. I say sign him for a year until we get another great defender the year after. I really wanted Cannavaro last year....but I think it'll be okay to get him this year. However getting Pannucci + Cannavaro is WRONG. Cannavaro is good cause he still has it and isnt showing any signs of slowing down just yet. Besides, it would have been a dream to see Maldini - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta again... too bad though.

But I'm all for the deal, as long as everyone at the club knows its a temporary solution.

Blacktop
28-03-2009, 14:27
Fair enough, just I've noticed that SquireD poster is also a big Dida fan.
Interesting. I often collaborate with another fan on Milanfan. Even though the guy is universally despised, there is a small clique of us Didamaniacs out there. :D (No more OT on this, I swear.)

To finish, I hope your post was a joke ?
Not really; it's just his usual standard.

ACMILAN1983
28-03-2009, 14:56
I tend to disagree with alot of the sentiments in this thread. I still think the we have one of the strongest midfields in Europe. I dont believe Pirlo can suddenly become a bad player and with Gatusso and Flamini to support we have quality play breakers. Gourcuff adds a completely new flavour and if Seedorf and Ambro can take over fom the contribution that Brocchi and Emerson were supposed to provide then that is even better.

If Pirlo and Jankulovski have been identified this year as players who have underperformed. Then I say that in the last few seasons there has always been KEY PLAYERS who have underperformed. Seedorf in 2005 was awful and then was amazing in 2007. Gatusso had a long patch where he couldnt do anything right. I wont include Pato as he is so young and dips are expected. Even the great Kaka hasnt been anywhere near what is expected of him. Even Malsini would have given us a solid contribution like Billy had he a Thiago next to him and few games to play. And now 2 more KEY PLAYERS - Pirlo and Janku.

There is a reason though, both defence and attack are totally ineffective. I believe by bolstering these two areas then Gatusso and Flamini can concentrate on destroying, Pirlo can concentrate on playmaking, Kaka can concentrate on playing with the ball at his feet (Something he has avoided for a while, because hes busy tracking back after Ronnie or someone else) and Jankulovski can fly up the wings while satisfied Kaladze wont need him (Kaladze will be on the damn bench where he belongs, backup at best).

Every Milan success I have ever witnessed was built on a solid defence. Now we dont even have a defence and that is no exageration.

Lets not forget people on this forum used to beg for Carlo to play Janku as a fullback. He was pretty good too, until the defence he was in started crumbling. You guys honestly think Janku couldnt get in the inter team? It would start eith a chance and continue because the amount of running he does. Janku is a better player than Maxwell and more imprtantly he is settled in this side and plays with as much heart as anyone else in the squad.

So in a sentence, bring a world class striker and a world class centre back and watch Jankulovski fly.

In all fairness I won't hesitate to say that I wanted Janku as a LB when he first joined Milan and I thought he could be very good there. However, I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong on that one, his defensive ability is too limited and tactically he makes far too many mistakes at LB. We just need to look at the last few years to know how mistake prone he is in defence. He's not a bad player by any means, but in defence he's a liability and I don't want others to have the added responsibility to make up for his weaknesses.

_MaJi_tz
28-03-2009, 19:13
Edin Dzeko pure class....best player in tonight match Belgium-Bosnia and Herz. 2:4...he scored first gool and asist for 3th...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaep8VFdDMY

K77SH C
28-03-2009, 20:59
In all fairness I won't hesitate to say that I wanted Janku as a LB when he first joined Milan and I thought he could be very good there. However, I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong on that one, his defensive ability is too limited and tactically he makes far too many mistakes at LB. We just need to look at the last few years to know how mistake prone he is in defence. He's not a bad player by any means, but in defence he's a liability and I don't want others to have the added responsibility to make up for his weaknesses.

The only left back we are linked to is Maxwell (No chance we would sign Cliche), who is no improvement in defending.

And guess what, the last remaining past it old ballondor winner Cannavaro suddenly looks like he will come to Milan. When are we going to rebuild our defence??

ACMILAN1983
29-03-2009, 03:13
The only left back we are linked to is Maxwell (No chance we would sign Cliche), who is no improvement in defending.

And guess what, the last remaining past it old ballondor winner Cannavaro suddenly looks like he will come to Milan. When are we going to rebuild our defence??

Who we are linked to doesn't dictate who we should rely at LB. I'm just saying Janku's defending has been awful and imo we shouldn't settle for such a weak link that's been costing us for years now, especially when we see how useful he is in midfield.

As for Cannavaro, whilst he won't rebuild the defence, as a backup option I wouldn't mind taking him (though whether he'll accept that role I don't know). We do need a defender to come off the bench as well as a new starter, and as we're not looking to spend huge funds, Canna may be a decent short term solution.

Ceceves
29-03-2009, 05:31
Seems to me that if we get Cannavaro (I hope we don't) he wouldn't sign on for just one year (probably 2 or 3 years) AND he wouldn't accept a bench role as our 3rd choice as he's trying to remain #1 for Italy. Add to that the enormous wages we'll have to pay plus of course the fact that it's all a very short term solution (if a solution at all?!?) and we'd have ourselves a very poor transfer. Not to mention that we'll be the laughing stock of the football community and everyone will be talking about "the Milan Retirement Castle" - and I really HATE that.

mzk57
29-03-2009, 06:14
Firstly, clubs in EPL can keep their players even when they are relegated ...
Last season Reading relegated, Kitson (ST) and Nicky Shorey (LB) who were their main players moved on
When Shefeld Utd got relegated, Phil Jagiealka moved on
When Crystal Place relegated, Andy Johnson moved on
When mighty Leed Utd relegated, Alan Smith and Mark Viduka moved on
and there are several more examples.........
Sorry but you are wrong there :D

Secondly, it's really weird, but when a club is relegated from the EPL, they almost always sell their players to EPL teams ... actually, it's not weird as they can sell them to a higher price than if they would sell them to other European clubs.
Well may be your rite, but say if ACM is interested in Roque Santa Cruz, then there are more chances of him requesting a move to San Siro than say Tottenhem or Aston Villa etc. Players own choice also counts in transfers, rite?

To finish, I hope your post was a joke ? :D
The players I put in bold have nothing to do in Milan ... for the others, I don't know them enough or even I don't know them at all.
And Emerson, Sendros, Favalli, Kaladze, Ambrosini, Seedorf, $hevchenk0, d!da :googly: and even Beckham are good enough for ACM? On one side fans complain about the lack of depth and quality in ACM squad and then to say that these kind of players are not good for ACM does not make any sence.

Do you want this to be ACM 23 men squad?

Goalkeepers: Cech, Abbiatti, Kalac
Defenders: Nesta, Agger, Vidic, Bonera, Zambrotta, Zirkov and Dani Alvez
Midfielders: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Flamini, Gourcoff, Gattuso, Ribbery, Gerrard and C.Ronaldo
Forwards: Pato, David Villa, Eto'o and Torres

This is only possible in Fifa-2009 :D

ACM do need good quality squad players in additions to our good players. I am not saying that all the players I mentioned should become a starter at ACM. There is a starting-11 and then there is a squad of 23. Some of them could become a perfect squad players at ACM. Specially:-

Damien Duff: This guy was a crucial part of Chelsea attack that ripped apart EPL teams an won 2 EPL titles. He can run more faster than all the ACM players except Pato and maybe Kaka. He can score 10 goals a season and how many goals Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambrosini and Janku (MF) will give you? He is injury prone, yes, but I won't mind him playing as a back up for Kaka and Pato. Plus he can give you the width, which ACM lacks some times. Definetly he can be a useful addition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKTQ9h-kGus&feature=related

Roque Santa Cruz: Do you know that if Alex Ferguson had failed to sign Berbetov, then he would have gone for Santa Cruz, becasue he is that good of a striker. Why ACM want Aderbayor of Arsenal? Only because he scored some 25 goals last season? Guess what, Santa Cruz scored 23 (or 24) goals last season in the same league, but for a much much smaller team and less quality players around than Arsenal players. I saw most of the goals and TBH, Santa Cruz goals were much better. Plus Santa Cruz plays and scores regularly for Paraguay NT, who are at the top of WC-2010 Qualification Table of South America, which means he is the lead striker of a very very good National Team. Plus he can do what your highly ratted Serie-A player; Zlatan Ibrahimovic can't do and that is to go to Old Trafford and score against Man Utd. Any one who has seen Santa Cruz playing for last 1 year can say that he is twice as good as Marco Borriellio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GY7dlkYB14&feature=related

Similarly
Bred Emerton is better than Emerson and Ambrosini
Robert Huth is better than Sendros, Favalli and Kaladze
MG Pedrson, Tunchai Sanli are better than Beckham and Seedorf
Afonso Alvez and Beni Mcarthy are surely better than $hevchenk0

Geo you should start watching some EPL matches. They are exciting as well.

kakacmilan best
29-03-2009, 07:15
We are in for Neymar and Keirrison:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/03/29/1180738/report-milan-challenge-spanish-giants-for-neymar-and-keirrison
I think we should sign them plus GK+Santacoruce+CB+DE Silvestri+Zunga (from Siena)+Gorky+Meriga+Aculiani and Ben Sahar (From Chelsea I saw him yesterday and he have a lot of talent!!!)

mzk57
29-03-2009, 08:20
How much Santacroce, Agger, Vidic, Akinfeev and Zirkov would cost? Any idea?

regin
29-03-2009, 08:35
Roque Santa Cruz: Do you know that if Alex Ferguson had failed to sign Berbetov, then he would have gone for Santa Cruz, becasue he is that good of a striker. Why ACM want Aderbayor of Arsenal? Only because he scored some 25 goals last season? Guess what, Santa Cruz scored 23 (or 24) goals last season in the same league, but for a much much smaller team and less quality players around than Arsenal players. I saw most of the goals and TBH, Santa Cruz goals were much better. Plus Santa Cruz plays and scores regularly for Paraguay NT, who are at the top of WC-2010 Qualification Table of South America, which means he is the lead striker of a very very good National Team. Plus he can do what your highly ratted Serie-A player; Zlatan Ibrahimovic can't do and that is to go to Old Trafford and score against Man Utd. Any one who has seen Santa Cruz playing for last 1 year can say that he is twice as good as Marco Borriellio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GY7dlkYB14&feature=related

i remember a time when cesare maldini was advising the management to sign santa cruz when he was in germany..

Geo you should start watching some EPL matches. They are exciting as well.

i guess Geotav does not want to hear commentators saying crouch is the best striker in the world soon after he scores a brace..

regin
29-03-2009, 08:42
How much Santacroce, Agger, Vidic, Akinfeev and Zirkov would cost? Any idea?

Santacroce--->i cant see Napoli let him go for anything less than 25mln..

Agger---->i think he's a free agent or has one year in his contract by the end of this season..would take about 6-8mln..if he's free,galliani is getting him for sure..

Vidic----->i cant see him coming but would take about 20mln or more..

Akinfeev---->No EU passport..not willing to take a risk since we got only one spot left,we better give that spot to leonardo..he would use it wisely..

Zhirkov---->No EU passport..but would be a great signing..so we move on..

K77SH C
29-03-2009, 09:11
Who we are linked to doesn't dictate who we should rely at LB. I'm just saying Janku's defending has been awful and imo we shouldn't settle for such a weak link that's been costing us for years now, especially when we see how useful he is in midfield.

As for Cannavaro, whilst he won't rebuild the defence, as a backup option I wouldn't mind taking him (though whether he'll accept that role I don't know). We do need a defender to come off the bench as well as a new starter, and as we're not looking to spend huge funds, Canna may be a decent short term solution.

I dont think you understand where Im coming from. My whole point is that Jankulovski is playing badly now, because he is surrounded by morons who cant defend. Milan doesnt have a single solid defender to rely on right now. Janku is never going to command a starting role in our midfield as long as there are Pirlo, Flamini, Gatusso, Seedorf, Beckham and Ambrosini to contend with. So signing a leftback would spell the end for Jankulovski. Soemtimes, I dont think people give him the credit he deserves, I dont see any other Milan player apart from Gatusso who runs as much as him and when it comes to taking on fullbacks he is so brave.

I am adamant that any leftback we sign including a player like Cliche is going to struggle next to Kaladze, Maldini and Senderos. As far as Im concerned there are far more players who need the boot than him and far fewer players that we will be able to rely on as long as other departments are strengthened. Thats why I would be happy to see Jankulovski continue at left back supported by two real centre backs. If ancelotti can slowly bed Mattioni in then that will give him the time and calm atmosphere he needs to grow into that position when Janku reaches the end of his capabilities.

About Cannavaro, he isnt any man's sub. As far as egos go, hes from the land of the giants. I have been saying for the past 3 summers that we need to start bringing younger players in or we will be at a point where we have to sign a whole new starting elleven in one summer.

I just dont understand how Milan fans would be happy to see Cannavaro arrive when the only players below 27 (Supposedly peak age) who are guranteed starters are Pato and Kaka. That little fact scares the hell out of me.

GeoTav
29-03-2009, 09:16
Mate, you replied me exactly in a way you shouldn't ... your post looks like you misunderstood totally what I said !!
Let's go slowly for the answer (and read it ENTIRELY please).

Last season Reading relegated, Kitson (ST) and Nicky Shorey (LB) who were their main players moved on
When Shefeld Utd got relegated, Phil Jagiealka moved on
When Crystal Place relegated, Andy Johnson moved on
When mighty Leed Utd relegated, Alan Smith and Mark Viduka moved on
and there are several more examples.........
Sorry but you are wrong there :D

... quote ...

Well may be your rite, but say if ACM is interested in Roque Santa Cruz, then there are more chances of him requesting a move to San Siro than say Tottenhem or Aston Villa etc. Players own choice also counts in transfers, rite?

Yeah, they sell one or two players, so it's what I say, when these clubs are relegated, they are able to keep most of their players !!
And then, of course, the player can choose, but the first step in the deal is the choice of the club: if Aston Villa offers 15M for Santa Cruz and if Milan offers 7M, even if the player wants to come in Milan, do you really think that his club will accept the offer of Milan ??


And Emerson, Sendros, Favalli, Kaladze, Ambrosini, Seedorf, $hevchenk0, d!da :googly: and even Beckham are good enough for ACM? On one side fans complain about the lack of depth and quality in ACM squad and then to say that these kind of players are not good for ACM does not make any sence.

Did I say that the players you named are good enough for Milan ? If yes, tell me where ? The only guys in your list who could still be useful are Kaladze as a backup, Seedorf as a backup and maybe Beckham if he isn't used as a starter too.
Then, you want to replace decent players by other decent players ? So let's keep our players ... no need to spend on the mercato to have a decent team.

Do you want this to be ACM 23 men squad?

Goalkeepers: Cech, Abbiatti, Kalac
Defenders: Nesta, Agger, Vidic, Bonera, Zambrotta, Zirkov and Dani Alvez
Midfielders: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Flamini, Gourcoff, Gattuso, Ribbery, Gerrard and C.Ronaldo
Forwards: Pato, David Villa, Eto'o and Torres

This is only possible in Fifa-2009 :D

Pointless ... who do you try to convince there ? Yourself ? So I won't say anything about that.

ACM do need good quality squad players in additions to our good players. I am not saying that all the players I mentioned should become a starter at ACM. There is a starting-11 and then there is a squad of 23. Some of them could become a perfect squad players at ACM. Specially:-

Damien Duff: ...

Roque Santa Cruz: ...

Similarly
Bred Emerton is better than Emerson and Ambrosini
Robert Huth is better than Sendros, Favalli and Kaladze
MG Pedrson, Tunchai Sanli are better than Beckham and Seedorf
Afonso Alvez and Beni Mcarthy are surely better than $hevchenk0

You see, there are rumours of Ancelotti wanting Eto'o to partner Pato, but of course, in your thought, it is better to buy, probably for the same price, guys like Alves, McCarthy (a joke !!), or Martins who will be better/more useful than Sheva (not difficult to be better than him anyway), who will be our 3rd choice in attack. And it's only an example with the attack. I won't explain more by giving examples with the midfield or defence.

Geo you should start watching some EPL matches. They are exciting as well.[/FONT][/COLOR]

:D
I don't like the way they play, I just try to get the news sometimes, but really, for me, even a race of horses is more exciting than that (and I don't like these races).

hany.Egypt
29-03-2009, 09:50
We are in for Neymar and Keirrison:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...-and-keirrison
I think we should sign them plus GK+Santacoruce+CB+DE Silvestri+Zunga (from Siena)+Gorky+Meriga+Aculiani and Ben Sahar (From Chelsea I saw him yesterday and he have a lot of talent!!!)This sounds very realistic we can sign them all + Benzema!

GeoTav
29-03-2009, 10:18
To reply a last time to mzk (I just thought about another way to say that his post was like a joke): you don't build a team by buying players for the bench (your list is potential benched players). You build a team by buying 1-2 players each year able to be starters (so if they become starters, the former starters go on the bench, and so you have reinforced your squad) and eventually, young players who will sit on the bench and play sometimes. This is a great mercato ...

Your EPL players mentionned previously are just good enough to go on the bench (and they are expensive), so you actually reinforce your team "by the down", I don't know if it has any sense in English, I mean, you add quantity but not necessarly quality with these players, whereas, for example, Gourcuff, Eto'o and a defender (+ a GK to replace both Dida and Kalac) will add quality AND quantity.

PS: When I'm serious, I think we can't buy 3 WC players able to be starters, 2 is already a lot ...

Mystik
29-03-2009, 12:43
I dont think you understand where Im coming from. My whole point is that Jankulovski is playing badly now, because he is surrounded by morons who cant defend. Milan doesnt have a single solid defender to rely on right now. Janku is never going to command a starting role in our midfield as long as there are Pirlo, Flamini, Gatusso, Seedorf, Beckham and Ambrosini to contend with. So signing a leftback would spell the end for Jankulovski. Soemtimes, I dont think people give him the credit he deserves, I dont see any other Milan player apart from Gatusso who runs as much as him and when it comes to taking on fullbacks he is so brave.

I am adamant that any leftback we sign including a player like Cliche is going to struggle next to Kaladze, Maldini and Senderos. As far as Im concerned there are far more players who need the boot than him and far fewer players that we will be able to rely on as long as other departments are strengthened. Thats why I would be happy to see Jankulovski continue at left back supported by two real centre backs. If ancelotti can slowly bed Mattioni in then that will give him the time and calm atmosphere he needs to grow into that position when Janku reaches the end of his capabilities.

About Cannavaro, he isnt any man's sub. As far as egos go, hes from the land of the giants. I have been saying for the past 3 summers that we need to start bringing younger players in or we will be at a point where we have to sign a whole new starting elleven in one summer.

I just dont understand how Milan fans would be happy to see Cannavaro arrive when the only players below 27 (Supposedly peak age) who are guranteed starters are Pato and Kaka. That little fact scares the hell out of me.
Janku's defending has been horrendous for some time now. If you remember Maldini had to be playing LB against all the strong teams simply because Janku could not defend. This happened in the Club World Cup if I'm not mistaken as well as in other important matches. Janku's defending is simply atrocious and he can no longer be our starting LB. Do you feel comfortable having Cristiano or Messi up against Janku ?

Blacktop
29-03-2009, 13:51
Santacroce--->i cant see Napoli let him go for anything less than 25mln..
Plus, he shouldn't be allowed to drive to the games.

mrki
29-03-2009, 15:32
Shortly back to the old topic how Gerrard "cant play well for England" etc... And what I tried to explain that Cappello will sort it out. coz England never had a good manager untill now...

I found this on calciomercato from Mourinho:
“Gerrard e Lampard insieme sarebbero un problema? Ma per favore! Stiamo parlando di due dei primi cinque centrocampisti al mondo e non c’è allenatore, di club o di nazionale, che non sognerebbe di averli. Del resto, non è un mistero per nessuno che avevo cercato di prendere Steven quand’ero al Chelsea per farlo giocare insieme con Frank perché sapevo che sarebbero diventati una coppia immarcabile. Fabio Capello è un top manager e questa cosa la sa anche lui”.

K77SH C
29-03-2009, 18:37
Janku's defending has been horrendous for some time now. If you remember Maldini had to be playing LB against all the strong teams simply because Janku could not defend. This happened in the Club World Cup if I'm not mistaken as well as in other important matches. Janku's defending is simply atrocious and he can no longer be our starting LB. Do you feel comfortable having Cristiano or Messi up against Janku ?

If Milan had Thiago and a centreback like Zapatta next to Janku I would feel perfectly comfortable about Janku plying against two of the hottest players in the world right now that every left back in the world would have a hard time with.

If Jankulovski has been a poor defender then its because we dont have a defence and we expect him to do too much.

Mystik
29-03-2009, 23:47
If Milan had Thiago and a centreback like Zapatta next to Janku I would feel perfectly comfortable about Janku plying against two of the hottest players in the world right now that every left back in the world would have a hard time with.

If Jankulovski has been a poor defender then its because we dont have a defence and we expect him to do too much.

LOL part of the reason we don't have a defense is because our left back can't defend. Yes our CB's can't defend either but whenever someone gets onto the wing, they're usually guaranteed a free cross into the box. I can't honestly believe I'm debating Janku's incompetence in defense. I thought this was a well known and accepted fact.

rt9
30-03-2009, 01:45
Look, I don't think we need a full squad overhaul. If Thiago Silva is as good as he is supposed to be, then we need a top centerback (Alex, Cannavaro, whoever) to start alongside him, and we have good replacements in Bonera, Kaladze. We are set at RB with Zambro/Antonini, we need a good left back---Maxwell or better yet Clichy would be great.

Our midfield is good. Pirlo, Gatusso, Flamini, Ambro, Becks is as good as any. We just need to get rid of the deadweights and perhaps start playing Janku as LM.

THe only department lacking is the striker department---Pato is the only reilable striker we have. Pippo is great, but cannot string together more than 3 or 4 games. Sheva is finished. Boriello injured. A good targetman would do the trick. God, how I regret not signing Amauri this past summer..

gregapenny
30-03-2009, 04:56
There are 3 names that I would really love to see in attack. First Benzema - we have no chance of buying him, because he is too expensive. Second Villa - same as Benzema and also he has no intentions on leaving Spain. Third Diego Milito - this is a guy that I would like to see the most in Milan jersey. For me he is fantastic and I think we could get him for about 20 mil. Pato-Milito would be a dream attack.

gregapenny
30-03-2009, 05:07
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=145582

Oh, looks like Inter is making all the right steps...

Nalx
30-03-2009, 05:32
Look, I don't think we need a full squad overhaul. If Thiago Silva is as good as he is supposed to be, then we need a top centerback (Alex, Cannavaro, whoever) to start alongside him, and we have good replacements in Bonera, Kaladze. We are set at RB with Zambro/Antonini, we need a good left back---Maxwell or better yet Clichy would be great.

Our midfield is good. Pirlo, Gatusso, Flamini, Ambro, Becks is as good as any. We just need to get rid of the deadweights and perhaps start playing Janku as LM.

THe only department lacking is the striker department---Pato is the only reilable striker we have. Pippo is great, but cannot string together more than 3 or 4 games. Sheva is finished. Boriello injured. A good targetman would do the trick. God, how I regret not signing Amauri this past summer..

I agree with first and last paragraph, but not with the second. Our midfield is good, but they are much more predicted nowadays. Seedorf and Pirlo are far from consistent IMO. No, I'm not indicating that I want they to play well every week, but at least I want them to play well more often than not. They're the only creative minds in our midfield, the rest are more defensive oriented players. Adding the fact that our struggling against smaller teams becomes more and more a habit, I think new player(s), apart from a strong CF, can be very useful and offer us some variations.

mrki
30-03-2009, 05:49
Milito to Inter? Its a smart and not expencive move. But Galliani most likely still doesnt know **** wwhat he'll do next year while Mourinho and moratti are making plans together etc. Actually WORKING. Mourinho even went to see the training camp that Inter will be in during the summer in the US, to see if its adequate for what he needs. Our Galliani and Carlo will do that....never.

Militi is just a player that can replace this trash called $heva anyday now and plays great in serie a. Hes power and costs only his contract I think...

They will work on bringing two players whole summer and then they'll brag like that did god knows what while in fact its just a bunch of people that dont do theuir job as hard as they should.

Nalx
30-03-2009, 06:03
Relax, Milito will come to Milan after all. . . in 2015 when he's old enough to vecome the member of our happy family :ilol:

ACMILAN1983
30-03-2009, 06:55
I dont think you understand where Im coming from. My whole point is that Jankulovski is playing badly now, because he is surrounded by morons who cant defend. Milan doesnt have a single solid defender to rely on right now. Janku is never going to command a starting role in our midfield as long as there are Pirlo, Flamini, Gatusso, Seedorf, Beckham and Ambrosini to contend with. So signing a leftback would spell the end for Jankulovski. Soemtimes, I dont think people give him the credit he deserves, I dont see any other Milan player apart from Gatusso who runs as much as him and when it comes to taking on fullbacks he is so brave.

I am adamant that any leftback we sign including a player like Cliche is going to struggle next to Kaladze, Maldini and Senderos. As far as Im concerned there are far more players who need the boot than him and far fewer players that we will be able to rely on as long as other departments are strengthened. Thats why I would be happy to see Jankulovski continue at left back supported by two real centre backs. If ancelotti can slowly bed Mattioni in then that will give him the time and calm atmosphere he needs to grow into that position when Janku reaches the end of his capabilities.

About Cannavaro, he isnt any man's sub. As far as egos go, hes from the land of the giants. I have been saying for the past 3 summers that we need to start bringing younger players in or we will be at a point where we have to sign a whole new starting elleven in one summer.

I just dont understand how Milan fans would be happy to see Cannavaro arrive when the only players below 27 (Supposedly peak age) who are guranteed starters are Pato and Kaka. That little fact scares the hell out of me.

I did understand your argument, but I simply don't agree. Our defence is terrible without a doubt, but Janku is part of the problem. His tactical awareness at LB has been poor at best for a few years now, he leaves far too much space for opponents to get crosses and his positioning is terrible. He has had a hard time with guys like Kaladze next to him (which is why we need another starting CB), but that doesn't excuse the numerous mistakes he's made at LB. He is best suited to midfield, and if he can't command a starting spot then so be it, he has to accept the bench and try to outperform the other players (many on your list, like Ambro, he does anyway). I may not always seem it, but I'm a big fan of his, but if there's someone more deserving of a starting spot ahead of him, then we have to be objective in selection.

About Cannavaro, I only said I'll accept him if he is willing to take a role on the bench (and I said I'm not sure he'll be willing to). I don't want him as a starter as we'll be in the same situation (looking for a new CB to start) in a year or two. If he won't accept the bench, then I won't take him.

hany.Egypt
30-03-2009, 06:56
20 m for Milito is too much, the guy is 29 or something like that, He's Argantine so certainly he would choose Inter over Milan even though he is likely to sit on the bench there.
Personly I like Milito, he is good, strong and Seria A ready but .......... He will be 30 Plus next year which is something I as a fan don't prefer, we want players who can play every week in the same level and do not get injured a lot and 30+ players obviously can't.

Players like Gomes from france, or the other one of Stutgart are both younger and will cost nearly the same amount, or even that guy n#9 from PSG ( I don't know him but i hear some good stuff about him is also younger).


If we want to invest then we should invest on younger players Like Pato and hopefully Gorky, not on Emerson, Favalli, Cannavaro and Pannuci, these players earn tons of money and give very little in return unlike Pato, Santon, Balotelli and Benzema.

Well said Dev, I fully agree with you.

Hasan Rossonero
30-03-2009, 09:21
20 m for Milito is too much, the guy is 29 or something like that, He's Argantine so certainly he would choose Inter over Milan even though he is likely to sit on the bench there.
Personly I like Milito, he is good, strong and Seria A ready but .......... He will be 30 Plus next year which is something I as a fan don't prefer, we want players who can play every week in the same level and do not get injured a lot and 30+ players obviously can't.

Players like Gomes from france, or the other one of Stutgart are both younger and will cost nearly the same amount, or even that guy n#9 from PSG ( I don't know him but i hear some good stuff about him is also younger).


If we want to invest then we should invest on younger players Like Pato and hopefully Gorky, not on Emerson, Favalli, Cannavaro and Pannuci, these players earn tons of money and give very little in return unlike Pato, Santon, Balotelli and Benzema.

Well said Dev, I fully agree with you.

I think Canna would be an excellent purchase. I don't mind the age if they can perform. For example, Maldini is way better than Senderos.

I hope we pick up Canna, a top striker, and Santacroce. I will be happy then.

GeoTav
30-03-2009, 11:20
Players like Gomes from france, or the other one of Stutgart are both younger and will cost nearly the same amount, or even that guy n#9 from PSG ( I don't know him but i hear some good stuff about him is also younger)

There is a Gomes in France ??

The striker in PSG is Guillaume Hoarau, he is 24, the only problem is that we don't know how he could perform in a team with almost no crosses from the wings, and another issue, or more a question, can he perform well in a big club like Milan and at the higher level ? It's his first year in Paris, his first year in Ligue 1, before, he was in Ligue 2, so I would rather us taking an option for next year and if he performs well again, we buy him.

Graeme C
30-03-2009, 12:59
I think Canna would be an excellent purchase. I don't mind the age if they can perform. For example, Maldini is way better than Senderos.

I hope we pick up Canna, a top striker, and Santacroce. I will be happy then.

and 35 is still younger than 38 (Favalli)

kakacmilan best
30-03-2009, 14:00
I think we should bring Keirrison or Bastos (from France) or someone like this to be our striker.

GeoTav
30-03-2009, 14:04
I think we should bring Keirrison or Bastos (from France) or someone like this to be our striker.

Bastos is a natural midfielder ...