View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
goal.com says we are after vidic.what a great news,but It looks like a mission minimal possible to me.
Way to Go Boring. We are on the same lines of thinking abot football. People like Mourinho only values winning, irrespective of how it's done. For me a a great coach is a great person, and operates on Principles. Unfortunately not many in football have Principles.
Gabriel489
05-03-2009, 03:32
I think we will end up with Lucio and thats about it
hany.Egypt
05-03-2009, 03:57
boring: Pippo is probably the biggest cheater that football has ever known with all these off sides and non existing penalties he scored or gained and yet all milan fans love the guy because he brings them good reesults.
and about being arrogant and universily hated club, Milan is not very popular at the moment not because of arrogance but bad results and aging players in the squad.
so if we talk about cheating Milan cheats ( Calciopoly and Pippo & Gila's behaviours)
and if we talk about popularity we are not popular as well and if we talk about boring football no one can say that Milan is playing beatiful football at the moment nor in the past 2 year.
so think of it all Mourinho's defects apart form arrogance already exist in Milan plus bad results as will.
given choice I'd rather the special one's defects over Carlo's ones.
All players win offsides and penalties which they don't deserve. If a player corrects the referee then he certainly goes up a notch respect-vise. Pippo unlike Cronaldo, Gerrard, Drogba etc doesn't go to ground and doesn't try to get other players booked by rolling in the ground for no reason. Inzaghi barely represents the "cheater" in the game, he only takes advantages of the flaws in the game. That's as bad the tugging which all defenders do which go unnoticed by the ref. It's not the same as cheating.
Dont talk about isolated incidents man (or woman if you are one). Gila doved shamelessly at times but he doesn't represent all players at Milan.
Boring football? When teams are in a bad patch (which we are right now) we will play sh*t football but it's not the same as a team like Chelsea who play like crap no whether they're winning or losing.
Milan are not an unpopular club (whatever gave you that idea?). Having old player and bad results doesn't give you negative popularity, it just doesn't get any positive one. Our players (Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka, besides others) and even our coach are universally respected who are known to be largely fair, honest in their approach to the game. How many clubs in the clubs can boast of this?
The reason we might disliked is because of our ownership. That's probably it. My best friend is a life-long Juve fan but he doesn't dislike Milan as much he hates Inter.
hany.Egypt
05-03-2009, 04:51
I fully disagree about Pippo he goes down whenever a player touches him, his weak phisically and he know it so he turned it to an advantage by winning penalties he does what Gila used to do at Milan the difference here is that Gila did stupidly while Inzagi does it intelligently and by the way don't forget the Calciopoly.
About boring football: I was just talking about the last 2 year, I know for sure that Milan used to play the best football in the past, all what I wanted to say is that we play bad football and lose while Inter and Chelsea play bad football but get fantastic results so they are in much better situation, if we can play boring football and win I don't mind because a win is a win and if we can win with fantastic football then it's better of course but losing with bad football! I don't want to comment on it.
About popularity, once more I am talking about at the moment not in general, when your squad consisits of old underperforming stars not even mentioning our president then it does not help, but you have a fair point about Milan's poupularity to be honest.
and about your friend I am a huge Milan fan and yet I like Juventus soooooooooooooo much my second favourit club after Milan so this doesn't prove any thing.
I don't want to provoke a fight or arguements with any one so take it easy.
Lebanese
05-03-2009, 05:01
boring: Pippo is probably the biggest cheater that football has ever known with all these off sides and non existing penalties he scored or gained and yet all milan fans love the guy because he brings them good reesults.
and about being arrogant and universily hated club, Milan is not very popular at the moment not because of arrogance but bad results and aging players in the squad.
so if we talk about cheating Milan cheats ( Calciopoly and Pippo & Gila's behaviours)
and if we talk about popularity we are not popular as well and if we talk about boring football no one can say that Milan is playing beatiful football at the moment nor in the past 2 year.
so think of it all Mourinho's defects apart form arrogance already exist in Milan plus bad results as will.
given choice I'd rather the special one's defects over Carlo's ones.
hany with all due respect, but nothing of what you said makes sense, milan were framed into calciopoli. Football is a matter of taste just like food, am not carlos' biggest fan but why do you people over shadowing carlo for the sake of an arrogant lucky coach?
Since you guys been complaining so much about ancelotti : Name one coach who can make milan win with the current selection? let us face it we are a finished team we have an average team so why you are asking for scudetto and uefa cup?
I fully disagree about Pippo he goes down whenever a player touches him, his weak phisically and he know it so he turned it to an advantage by winning penalties he does what Gila used to do at Milan the difference here is that Gila did stupidly while Inzagi does it intelligently and by the way don't forget the Calciopoly.
About boring football: I was just talking about the last 2 year, I know for sure that Milan used to play the best football in the past, all what I wanted to say is that we play bad football and lose while Inter and Chelsea play bad football but get fantastic results so they are in much better situation, if we can play boring football and win I don't mind because a win is a win and if we can win with fantastic football then it's better of course but losing with bad football! I don't want to comment on it.
About popularity, once more I am talking about at the moment not in general, when your squad consisits of old underperforming stars not even mentioning our president then it does not help, but you have a fair point about Milan's poupularity to be honest.
and about your friend I am a huge Milan fan and yet I like Juventus soooooooooooooo much my second favourit club after Milan so this doesn't prove any thing.
I don't want to provoke a fight or arguements with any one so take it easy.
When you said 'boring' I got confused whether it's about football or in reference to me!
All I'm saying is that Milan is still quite popular among neutrals and that will go if we get Mourinho (besides other things). Would you honestly like to see an honest man like Kaka being coached by a man like him? I certainly wouldn't. He belongs at Inter and maybe at Liverpool. Not clubs like Milan and Arsenal that don't play boring long ball game and are relatively honest (Gila and Eboue apart).
P.S. - I'm glad me and my nemisis Lebanese agree on something.
Peachtot
05-03-2009, 05:23
For me a a great coach is a great person, and operates on Principles. Unfortunately not many in football have Principles.
Talking bout Principles, hmm.. i can consider you as a great milan fan cause most important persons in milan have tough principles.
Our owner Berlu so has faith on Galliani to lead this club. Then Galliani with so much trust on Carlo to coached team. The last one so loyal with his man like seedorf, etc to conduct team on pitch.
well, is it all you meant Tony ? :D
forgive me if i got wrong ;)
hany.Egypt
05-03-2009, 05:42
Since you guys been complaining so much about ancelotti : Name one coach who can make milan win with the current selection? let us face it we are a finished team we have an average team so why you are asking for scudetto and uefa cup?
our current selection is Carlo's fault, he let Gorcky go because he belived that both Emerson and Brocchi are better than him, then start making stupid comment about how he could prove him self and weak menatlity and so on, plays ambrosini while he has Falmini who is much better and younger then Ambro, never almost destroyed Gila's & Hennry's career and was about to do the same with Pato but luckly Borillo was injured, made Italy's best fullback looks like a fool (watch Oddo with Lazio and bayern then compare it with Milan) not to mention some average players like Oliver, Borillo, foggia, who offer nothing to Milan with him and looked immense with some other clubs
2. A manager who is going to isolate Milan with his disrespectful attitude towards his peers and other clubs.
3. Who'd make Milan an arrogant and universally hated club (Chelsea and Inter are).
Actually, there is two points of view:
- Mourinho is excellent in terms of communication (his Inter doesn't play well, some players under-perform nowadays, but who is in all headlines ? Mourinho ... so no pressure on the players), and so he could have been a big friend of Galliani and Berlu ...
- Mourinho is like you said, very arrogant, and he could have gone in only one club in Italy: Inter.
Isn't Inter the Italian equivalent of Chelsea ?
They have a better history, but their best trophies are so old than nobody remembers and a lot of people for example in France think that Inter exists since the 2000s and is strong since 2005 ...
Anyway, what I quoted is approximately the reason why I didn't want him in Milan ... not because he's a bad coach, but because even if his communication is perfect for the players, it isn't for the club and especially for a club like ours.
I think we will end up with Lucio and thats about it
I wouldn't say no if we take Lucio (or Vidic or whoever of this level) ... will we take another CD after this purchase ? It's the question, because we would still need another one.
Anyway, could you explain me why you think so much that Lucio will be ours after this summer ?
our current selection is Carlo's fault, he let Gorcky go because he belived that both Emerson and Brocchi are better than him, then start making stupid comment about how he could prove him self and weak menatlity and so on, plays ambrosini while he has Falmini who is much better and younger then Ambro, never almost destroyed Gila's & Hennry's career and was about to do the same with Pato but luckly Borillo was injured, made Italy's best fullback looks like a fool (watch Oddo with Lazio and bayern then compare it with Milan) not to mention some average players like Oliver, Borillo, foggia, who offer nothing to Milan with him and looked immense with some other clubs
Again and again and again this Gourcuff-Ancelotti ... what the coach said about him last week is clear and it is a very good reason for not putting Gourcuff on the pitch. What Ancelotti said about mentality, isn't it a good reason ?! The guy lacked of motivation, it's because of Ancelotti, and when people nowadays say that Pirlo or Seedorf are unmotivated, it's mainly because of the players ...
For Flamini, ok, it looks like a mistake from Ancelotti, even if nowadays, Flamini becomes a starter ...
About Pato, it's not Ancelotti ... it's Dunga who almost destroyed, maybe not the career but maybe the season, of Pato !! He said things like "Sobis is better than Pato, it's why he plays in the Olympics" whereas Pato was in the Brazilian NT before going with the U20 for the Olympics, and not Sobis. It's quite weird (if Sobis was better, he would have had selections in Brazilian NT instead of Pato recently). I could even say that Ancelotti launched the season of Pato and probably helped him to work at training, he didn't let him becoming another Ronaldinho, a Top 3 player in the world about talent but who gives nothing at trainings (don't know in Milan, but it was what went wrong with him already in Paris, and then in Barcelona).
Oddo "looked like a fool" last year ... because of Ancelotti from your point of view. Ok, but explain me why he was good in his first months after he arrived, so from January to May-June ?! And then he was bad from the start of the following season, in September ... can't be only the fault of Ancelotti there.
Oliver, Borrillo, Foggia: I don't know who is Oliver actually, but for the two others, Borriello was injured for the entire year ... and Foggia, he isn't an excellent player, he can't get a starting place in Lazio and his mentality seems to be a problem.
By this post, I didn't try to defend Ancelotti, he has some parts of responsability, but it's a bit hard to believe that everything is because of Ancelotti !! Reading your last post, it looked like if the players had no responsability, all is about Ancelotti and only him, but as far as I know, he doesn't run on the pitch for them, nor take their decisions ...
Talking bout Principles, hmm.. i can consider you as a great milan fan cause most important persons in milan have tough principles.
Our owner Berlu so has faith on Galliani to lead this club. Then Galliani with so much trust on Carlo to coached team. The last one so loyal with his man like seedorf, etc to conduct team on pitch.
well, is it all you meant Tony ? :D
forgive me if i got wrong ;)
You got it wrong, but nice try.
Lebanese
05-03-2009, 06:39
our current selection is Carlo's fault, he let Gorcky go because he belived that both Emerson and Brocchi are better than him, then start making stupid comment about how he could prove him self and weak menatlity and so on, plays ambrosini while he has Falmini who is much better and younger then Ambro, never almost destroyed Gila's & Hennry's career and was about to do the same with Pato but luckly Borillo was injured, made Italy's best fullback looks like a fool (watch Oddo with Lazio and bayern then compare it with Milan) not to mention some average players like Oliver, Borillo, foggia, who offer nothing to Milan with him and looked immense with some other clubs
source please. post of the year
ginoformaggino
05-03-2009, 06:44
... and Foggia, he isn't an excellent player, he can't get a starting place in Lazio and his mentality seems to be a problem.
no I disagree with you about Foggia. Yersterday night Italy Cup vs. Juve, Lazio ( he was MVP ) destroyed Ranieri band. Think he and Abate on the wings....
2 terrible mistakes, imo anyway not imputable to Ancelotti. (Do you remeber the taylor tale?)
Lebanese
05-03-2009, 06:45
I wouldn't say no if we take Lucio (or Vidic or whoever of this level) ... will we take another CD after this purchase ? It's the question, because we would still need another one.
Anyway, could you explain me why you think so much that Lucio will be ours after this summer ?
there are talks about terminating nesta's contract. i just read that on tutto mercato, also kalac dida emerson favali maldini senderos sheva are set to leave
Lebanese
05-03-2009, 06:51
When you said 'boring' I got confused whether it's about football or in reference to me!
All I'm saying is that Milan is still quite popular among neutrals and that will go if we get Mourinho (besides other things). Would you honestly like to see an honest man like Kaka being coached by a man like him? I certainly wouldn't. He belongs at Inter and maybe at Liverpool. Not clubs like Milan and Arsenal that don't play boring long ball game and are relatively honest (Gila and Eboue apart).
P.S. - I'm glad me and my nemisis Lebanese agree on something.
dont flatter your self, i am hating football when i think you support milan
hany.Egypt
05-03-2009, 06:53
Gourcuf was by miles better than both Emerson and Brocchi, Carlo never let him play, I did not know him before coming to Milan and when I saw the ver few min's he played with Milan I was able to see clearly that he is very good player and needs only time and patience and confidence from the coash ( don't forget Hennry with Juventus).
falmini plays when Rino is out and when he return???? Rino is better than Flamioni but ambro of course not.
Oddo him self said at the beggininng of the season it was Ancelotti who lowered hi self confidence ( I don't entirly balmeing Carlo about Oddo surely he takes at least 50% of the responsibilty)
Oliver is R olivera forgot to the a sorry for that.
Pato wasn't playing when Borrillo was fit, and he is much better than him , I knew Pato since 2006 and I was following him and I know what I am talking about, beleive he is at least twice the player Borillo is and in the future he will be number one, and don't tell me Dounga I did not say I want him to coash Milan.
when a player doesn't run its his mistake but when the coash insists to play him even when he walks in the pitch the its the coash's one, same with out of form players.
hany.Egypt
05-03-2009, 07:01
source please. post of the year
If you did not see that carlo prefered Brocchi and Emerson over Gourcuff then its your problem.
If you think Ambro is better than Famini then, it's your problem.
If you beleive that Carlo boosted Hennry and Gila's careers then, Its your problem.
If you think Oddo with Milan was great and crap with both Byern and Lazio, then its your problem, I don't have to bring sources for that.
and don't tell me Dounga I did not say I want him to coash Milan.
You misunderstood what I said, I know that you don't want Dunga as a Milan coach, who would want ?! :D
What I said is that for you, Ancelotti had the responsability for the difficult start of season of Ancelotti, I just say that the responsability has to go to Dunga for the way he managed Pato during the Olympics ... and not to Ancelotti for this case.
Christian
05-03-2009, 07:15
Wouldn't want Mourinho at Milan. He's great, his record speaks for itself, but his style of play doesn't fit Milan. He likes to play a very restrained game, with players that fill the role exactly as he tells them to, he would never be able to play a team with Pato, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Pirlo, they're quite frankly not his type of players.
In every club he's been in he's had the same approach to the game, a big target man up front, who recieve long balls all day, a box-to-box midfielder and a holding midfielder, creating the foundation of the team. He never really played with players like Ronaldinho or Kaka, and I don't think he'd get the best out of them.
Lebanese
05-03-2009, 07:29
If you did not see that carlo prefered Brocchi and Emerson over Gourcuff then its your problem.
If you think Ambro is better than Famini then, it's your problem.
If you beleive that Carlo boosted Hennry and Gila's careers then, Its your problem.
If you think Oddo with Milan was great and crap with both Byern and Lazio, then its your problem, I don't have to bring sources for that.
hany do you think that our coash is some how responsible for credit crunch ?
let me think... its my problem.
its no secret that ancelotti doesnot favourite new players and has some kind of issue with that but he is not judas. just show some appreciation for the 8 years he spent with us. let us just think logically, ancelotti is not the problem.
berlusconi and galliani are the problem problem. our players are the problem. poor ancelotti
hany.Egypt
05-03-2009, 07:51
hany do you think that our coash is some how responsible for credit crunch ?
let me think... its my problem.
So long as you know the answer why do you ask me?
its no secret that ancelotti doesnot favourite new players and has some kind of issue with that but he is not judas. just show some appreciation for the 8 years he spent with us. let us just think logically, ancelotti is not the problem.
Ancelotti is not the only problem right now, but he has his share because of his short sight with young players, because he defensive mentalty, when Milan is 1 goal up, and becasue he is so coward when he speaks with Berlu and Galliani, imagine this,
Carlo: I need mexses
Berlu/Galliani: No we will bring Sheva
Carlo:but the team needs a defender not a striker
Berlu/Galliani: we'll bring sheva if you don't like that you are fired
Carlo: when when will he arrive?
the same story every transfer HE IS COWARD
and by the way when they bring him useful player he doesn't play them Flamini, Gourcuf.
Ancelotti is not the only problem right now, but he has his share because of his short sight with young players, because he defensive mentalty, when Milan is 1 goal up, and becasue he is so coward when he speaks with Berlu and Galliani, imagine this,
Carlo: I need mexses
Berlu/Galliani: No we will bring Sheva
Carlo:but the team needs a defender not a striker
Berlu/Galliani: we'll bring sheva if you don't like that you are fired
Carlo: when when will he arrive?
the same story every transfer HE IS COWARD
and by the way when they bring him useful player he doesn't play them Flamini, Gourcuf.
Ancelotti can just give his point of view about transfers ... he is not our manager. So he coaches with the players he has. It was, it is and it will be like that for all the coaches who will come to Milan in Berlusconi/Galliani era. Milan is not an English club with a coach-manager. It's simple to understand I think, nothing else to add there, maybe an example with firms: if you are a lawer in a firm, you won't have to say anything about commercial strategies (you will maybe be asked your point of view, but nothing else). It's the same thing with the coach and manager roles, the manager will ask the point of view of the coach, but if he wants to bring 10 strikers, he can do what he wants despite the different point of view of the coach.
Gabriel489
05-03-2009, 09:38
I wouldn't say no if we take Lucio (or Vidic or whoever of this level) ... will we take another CD after this purchase ? It's the question, because we would still need another one.
Anyway, could you explain me why you think so much that Lucio will be ours after this summer ?
One of those Kaka is staying for sure feelings.
Gabriel489
05-03-2009, 09:41
Don't know why we are still having this debate about JM as unless Inter loses out in the league and end with nothing, he is not going anywhere for the next few years. NO point saying will he be a good coach for us or not.
Gabriel489
05-03-2009, 09:45
What I find interesting is the Vidic's rumor as it really just came out of nowhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0MjWn18I2k&feature=related
And in 12 years we have a golden ball player :) :) But really...this is not normal, look at this. I accidentally found it. Please look at this boy from Algeria. Zidane, NAsri, Ben Arfa, Benzema are all Algerians in their roots, some were even born there ( Zizzou ). This is crazy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The budget slashing - I want to comment on it - doesnt mean we'll cut 30% of each players wage. It means we'll cut 30% of out wage budget. Which is FINNALY in our plans coz we pay players like $heva, Pippo, Emerson, Favalli, Dida, Seedorf, Kaladze... money they dont deserve anymore.
This doesnt mean it will influence our mercato money.
Chelsea have confirmed Inter HAVE SAKED for Drogba in january and that means Moratti was ready to pay another 20mln for one more class player his coach wanted.
News say Carletto will be Madrid's coach. Fine, have a good time there, ciao.
We need to be carefull in buying players. My first choice at the back is still Santacroce who I think is a future of Azzuri's defence alongside Chiellini and Criscito. Then Clichy, Gourcuff and Benzema/Drogba. Benzema in first place.
If Nesta's career is over we'll have to invest more. But to be real, when you dont invest properly in few years, for once you have to dig deep.
Maybe we'll have some luck with Mattioni, and he'll play well. I've heard he did well in last firendly. Viudez reminds me of Giovinco, and he doesnt look like he lacks quality at all. Him and Cardaccio could use some loan spells.
There are plents options, we just need to be SERIOUS ( not like with $heva transfer ) and precise and choose modern players with running capacity, which modern football asks for.
for example, Roma went and bought (co-owns) Azzuri U21 captain Motta. As a captain of young Azzuri, there are small chances he is not a good player. And he is prooving himself to be a great young player at Roma, for sure a future starter. That was a simple and great move.
I also still vote for Cassano in $heva's place, Cassano is absolutely a brilliant and polivalent player.
ACMILAN1983
05-03-2009, 10:47
mrki, I think the vid you posted is about the boy in this thread...
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26004
Originally posted by Gabriel489
As for the Kaka and B32 comparsions, I think ever since B32 came to Milan and Kaka getting injured, people are beginning to praise B32 more.
Now I am not saying B32 is not a good player b/c he is but he is nothing close to Kaka even when he was at his prime.
Well, I will say kaka's speed makes a huge difference then;)
Originally posted by mrki
Maybe we'll have some luck with Mattioni, and he'll play well. I've heard he did well in last firendly.
Glad to hear that.we really need quality young force at this position.
Well good. It is high time we get rid of the "dead weights" and trim the squad down. It is nonesensical to be paying "first team grade" salaries to players like Dida, Emerson, Sheva when they have nothing to contribute to the first team. Probably better to promote some youngsters, pay a much lower salary, and have someone on the bench who will come on and play of his club, his career, and his future.
Sounds like Arsenal to me.
The key I think is to find a balance, much like what Man Utd is doing (with more senior individuals like Giggs but also more youth players like Ronaldo & Rooney).
Gabriel489
05-03-2009, 22:32
If ManU is the blueprint for Milan then Berlu and Galli must start with the defense and a better coach who actually play quality players instead of his fav. players. Look at Fergie, he loves Scholes, Giggs and G. Neville as sons and does he starts all of them all the time?
I really like about that wage slash, as it is bascially Berlu telling us he is cutting deadweights.
Dida makes 8M, Emerson 7M, Sheva 12M, thats 27M before tax. Which is also only 8M off Berlu's target of cutting salary. Then you put Ambro, Kaladze, Seedorf, Maldini, Favalli, Sanderous and Kalac, I am sure it will be another 40M or so.
I find it quite interesting how we are link with Palombo as to me he is a younger and cheaper version of Ambro. If he does come, I am pretty sure Ambro will be gone.
Once we switch coach, Seedorf will be gone too.
Once we switch coach, Seedorf will be gone too.
OR he will start performing! :D
One of the biggest problems as many here agree, is the lack of consequences for those that don't perform. Certain players have simply cemented their starting spot in Carlo's head and they don't have to prove anything to him anymore. No matter how they perform....good, bad, consistent, inconsistent......they know they will be in the starting line up next weekend again.
A new coach will change this and these players will have to give it their all again and prove a point to the 'new guy'. Now all of a sudden they will have to show what they can do if they want to play as there will be no 'free passes' anymore. Essentally, some of them will prove a point and continue to start.....and others will either be benched or will ask to be shipped out and take the easy way out.
THIS is what we are missing in this squad right now as there is no hunger. And as wrong as it may seem to some in here....Carlo is the one to blame for not making the underperformers feel some consequences.
sorry, didn't mean to turn this into another anti-carlo post......just wanted to point out that even players that we are expecting to leave if Carlo does, might all of a sudden pick up their level and surprize us all.
Good idea! let's replace carlo and keep everyone of this squad.
Gabriel489
06-03-2009, 03:19
I still think it is time for Seedorf to leave in order to make ways for Gourcuff and Abate
ACMILAN1983
06-03-2009, 07:28
Looks like Beckham's loan will continue to the end of the season.
http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=28&a=115086
Blanc vs Carlo abut Gourcuff.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Clichy says he'll stay in Arsenal.
Gabriel489
06-03-2009, 09:24
Translation pls?
Later on to the words of Carlo Ancelotti that criticized Yoann Gourcuff, Laurent Blanc reacted so: "Ancelotti can think what wants, but the judgments on the young do not be able to be definitive, because however a young cresce and improves", said to L' Team.
From freetranslation.com but I think you can guess what it means.
Basically he just says that Gourcuff can improve etc., which I certainly agree. I very much hope that Gourcuff will prove all his doubters (Carlo included) wrong!
HO-YOUNG
06-03-2009, 10:36
What would be nice if if Milan get a new manager and bring back Gourcuff and he becomes our star!!! however on a more serious note what do you all think about Melo from fiorentina? I think in the modern game we need such a player in our squad.
is there anyplayer out there on the transfer market that we can get to be an attacking sub for Kaka? and also we need a Utility player like Oshea from Man U... i think the only position he has not played is in goal.
Warro Bantan
06-03-2009, 13:47
..is there anyplayer out there on the transfer market that we can get to be an attacking sub for Kaka?
Yup. :D Gourcuff.
Actually, isnt R80 a potential sub for Kaka? I hear ur point dough, and think that Gorky could be that player...except for his lack of pace.
Gourcuff's pace isn't a problem, it's just not a solution for our speed of play. In temrs of football intelligence Gourcuff is equal to all bar Pirlo in our mid, and dynamical better than all bar Kaka. Management are only creating an issue to facilitate their pension team.
The attitude and intentions of management have to be clarified before any of the mercato discussions are even realistic. The article on soccernet (and official site?) saying Ancelotti is aiming for third is probably the single worst thing I have read/seen in the years following Milan. We are third now and we are aiming to finish third??
"Regarding my future, it's clear that if Milan failed to meet its aim of third place, changes could take place, including for me," said Ancelotti on the club's official website.
"But I am convinced that we will finish third and therefore there will be no problem."
HO-YOUNG
06-03-2009, 16:19
IMO i dont think Milan are adapting to the changes in the football business. We invest too much time and money in old washed up players... since serginho and to a lesser extent Cafu, we have not retooled our wing backs sufficiently... we replaced the individual but not the quality... our wingbacks were our strong point in attack and we need creative wingbacks, (south americans; vargas, maxwel, alves, maicon)... and we nned some inexpensive eastern european players that are trainable and have shown some constant level of improvement over the years... (Vidic, Kranjar, modric, altintop)
i dont our scouts are doing a good job; or is it we are been out bidded by other clubs... if so we need to advertise milan as a reputable institution that will offer players the opportunity to win valuable trophies and that money is not all... then again on the other hand, young players may not want to come to Milan because we show very little faith in young players...
If we are to change Coach this summer i would love to have Leonardo as our coach...
Read this: http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/03/06/1141808/adriano-galliani-i-would-never-employ-jose-mourinho-as-milan-coac
mourinho wouldnt be a priority solutinon because he has never played for us!!!
that is ridiculous,it makes no sence..was fatih terim a member of our team in the past?
but of course,they want somebody to tell him excactly what he should do and what not,they want somebody to start the matches with all the beckhams that this squad has(instead of gourcoufs)..
we re not a team we re a circus..
Hey, I agree with Galliani on this one. An arrogant, class-less coach like Mourinho should not be coaching a classy club like Milan. If you want to win at all costs because you have no history (or in INter's case you have a history of losing), then you take on someone like Mourinho, give him a free hand, and watch him win titles while taking your club through the mud with all his comments, allegations against refs, rants against other coaches, etc. The guy brags when he wins, and rants when he loses. No dignity.
A club like ours needs a gentleman---someone who can remain humble when we win an remain gracious when we lose. I think Galliani does have a point.
Gabriel489
06-03-2009, 21:59
RT9, if thats the case, then I guess Lippi cannot be our coach either as he never plays for us.
Come on, a great coach is a great coach, period.
Lebanese
06-03-2009, 23:08
Hey, I agree with Galliani on this one. An arrogant, class-less coach like Mourinho should not be coaching a classy club like Milan
we are not classy we are a classic.
Lebanese
06-03-2009, 23:09
LOL maybe we should wait till favalli retire i feel he can make a great coach. it was priceless watching favalli with the arm band.
Honestly, I dont want Lippi as Milan coach. I never liked the way his Juventus sides play. And remember when he coached Inter? That was a complete disaster, I think they lost to Helsingborg or something that year. I know he's been a big success for the national team, but I don't know, I don't think his football style suits Milan. I would much rather prefer Rijkaard now, and maybe MVB in the future.
Oh and Lebanese, you're spot on, we are a "classic" team, no doubt...in fact soon to be "antique" :)
Lebanese
07-03-2009, 01:38
MVB, Rijkard, Leonardo and Donadoni . you can bet on donadoni. you should by now realized how the big heads operate at milan. they just cant bring any name without consulting with milan senators (seedorf, ambrosini, gattuso, pirlo and kaka) and trust me if MVB or rijkard is brought on he will bench if not sell them except for kaka and gattuso. Leonardo will be a big risk (coaching history) And donadoni will be ancelotti #2. a proper scapegoat.
when thinking about milan next coach is like betting on a broken leg horse.
and rt9 i totally agree about lippi, this guy is as lame as moggi
What is good about Leonardo, aldough we know just a bit about him for now, is that it looks like he has a tremendous eye for players. And a person that can find a player is oftenly a person who deeply understands football and players habits.
And the problem with slowness in Milan is not in Yoan's possible speed or lack of it.
A team with Kaka', Pato, Flamini, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Zambrotta, Thiago, one more fast fullback... has enough speed. The problem is a cohesion of a sistem, space between back 4 and midfielders, deep or high defending, pressing etc.
IF Milan gets Nesta back ( pleeease Gods of football make that happen ) and buys just one good LB and gets back Yoan we'll have a hell of a first 11. Im talking just about first 11 now.
Lebanese
07-03-2009, 03:33
What is good about Leonardo, aldough we know just a bit about him for now, is that it looks like he has a tremendous eye for players. And a person that can find a player is oftenly a person who deeply understands football and players habits.
And the problem with slowness in Milan is not in Yoan's possible speed or lack of it.
A team with Kaka', Pato, Flamini, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Zambrotta, Thiago, one more fast fullback... has enough speed. The problem is a cohesion of a sistem, space between back 4 and midfielders, deep or high defending, pressing etc.
IF Milan gets Nesta back ( pleeease Gods of football make that happen ) and buys just one good LB and gets back Yoan we'll have a hell of a first 11. Im talking just about first 11 now.
Agree, but still you cant risk depending on nesta, i mean i want to be back as hell but when this guy is back he will probably spend the rest of his day injured, we need a world class center back, lucio is a good option but 2 brasilian center defenders is a risk. and for the left back Clichy is a great signing or maybe Evra :D
and gourcuff is not slow, maybe a slow sprinter but this guy moves the ball quickly and able to protect the ball(something we dont have other than seedorf) but seedorf is way slower than gourcuff.
I know he's not salow, I've said it. Maybe in a strange way though.
Agger would complete our back concerning CB's: Nesta, Thiago, Agger, Bonera... But I dont expect CB and a new LB. Aldough its absolutely necessary.
Lebanese
07-03-2009, 04:36
kaladze's career might be over. this good news
Gabriel489
07-03-2009, 05:59
If Kaladze's career is over, I am heading to celebrate.
Christian
07-03-2009, 06:59
What is good about Leonardo, aldough we know just a bit about him for now, is that it looks like he has a tremendous eye for players. And a person that can find a player is oftenly a person who deeply understands football and players habits.
And the problem with slowness in Milan is not in Yoan's possible speed or lack of it.
A team with Kaka', Pato, Flamini, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Zambrotta, Thiago, one more fast fullback... has enough speed. The problem is a cohesion of a sistem, space between back 4 and midfielders, deep or high defending, pressing etc.
IF Milan gets Nesta back ( pleeease Gods of football make that happen ) and buys just one good LB and gets back Yoan we'll have a hell of a first 11. Im talking just about first 11 now.
Can't forget that Leonardo has a great relaionship with the players. We might not know how good he is at coaching, but it's not unheard of that an inexperienced x-player takes up a big club. Guardiola is (or was?) playing some of the best football in Barcelona since Ronaldinho's prime, and he'd only coached the Barcelona Reserves or something.
And like you said, if we wanna rejuvenate the squad, Leonardo would be the man for it. He has one hell of an eye for players, Kaka, Pato are both his signings.
In terms of signings, I think it depends on Nesta's condition, if he gets better we might sign someone like Agger, if he still hasn't signed a contract in the summer. If he doesn't get better (let's hope not), then I think we'll sign Vidic, or Mexes, and I think Vidic is most realistic. I know alot have written off Vidic, but I don't think it's that unrealistic. He has previously stated that he doesn't like England, he doesn't like the weather, he doesn't like the people and he doesn't like Manchester. Also Manchester United have Evans, an Irish up and comer, who's eventually gonna need a starting place, and already is ready for it. Also Man Utd is more indepted than a drug addict with a credit card, and it wouldn't be the first time Man Utd sold one of their superstars.
Hey, I agree with Galliani on this one. An arrogant, class-less coach like Mourinho should not be coaching a classy club like Milan.
my point was not mourinho,who by the way i tottally disagree with what you said,mourinho is 10 times a coach of all our past players,my point was gallianis reasoning that he wouldnt take mourinho because he was not part of our team in the past..thats ridiculous man..
Honestly, I dont want Lippi as Milan coach.
I would much rather prefer Rijkaard now, and maybe MVB in the future.
:)
you d prefer rajkard(!!) and mvb to lippi?
so i guess you would prefer also one of rajkard mvb bonadoni leonardo instead of lets say:ferguson,wenger,lippi,hidding,benitez,mourinho etc..
mrki and cristian okay so leonardo has a gr8 eye for talented players and lets assume he has a good relationship with the playes,which im not sure at all,i know he has a godd relationship with some of them but still..are those characteristics enough to make a sb able to coach one of the biggest clubs around??guardiola by the way was the coach of barcelona's b team which is sth..at least he had erxperimented his tactical ideas somwhere else..
milan's problem was never the roster neither ancelottis relationship with the players..imo we need a coach with self confidence and self-esteem,that wouldnt care about making all the bekchams and silvio sad..
sorry but i highly doubt we will be a better team with our "priority" choices..
Management won't splash for a first pairing CD unless they know for sure that Nesta is done. With the wage slashes, they won't pay Nesta + 2 starters. I honestly think they value Bonera really high and are comfortable with him as a partner for Tiago Silva next season if and when Nesta is injured.
We aren't going to poach a starter from some big club...period. So, I go back to Chelsea and bid for Ivanovic. Forget Alex, hes great but with the age and health of Terry and Carvalho, they won't let him leave.
Ivanovic-Silva-Bonera-Nesta-Favalli-Darmian as our central defenders for next season sounds great to me. Nesta MUST play the big matches and only the big matches. Also I'd like to see Bonera play some RB with Zambro on the left. Bonera is a bigger defender and can help out with the aerial attacks on us using his strength.
Ivanovic-Silva-Bonera-Nesta-Favalli-Darmian as our central defenders for next season sounds great to me. Nesta MUST play the big matches and only the big matches. Also I'd like to see Bonera play some RB with Zambro on the left. Bonera is a bigger defender and can help out with the aerial attacks on us using his strength.
Perhaps it looks great, but to me there's too many question marks.
Nesta might still be the best defender in the world, but there's a feeling that he could end his career any day. Even if he returns from his latest set-back he might well get another injury before the next season even starts - or worse yet, a few weeks into it, when the mercato has closed.
Thiago Silva looks like a great signing but to be honest he hasn't proved himself in Europe, and who knows how well he'll take to the Serie A?
Bonera is good, but not great, and now in his late 20's he probably won't improve much.
Favalli is...Favalli, and Darmian has zero experience.
As for Ivanovic, he was good at the U-21's in 2007, but frankly I haven't seen him play since, mostly because he's been sitting on Chelsea's bench for 15 months now, so I don't suppose he's improved much under those circumstances.
As for Ivanovic, he was good at the U-21's in 2007, but frankly I haven't seen him play since, mostly because he's been sitting on Chelsea's bench for 15 months now, so I don't suppose he's improved much under those circumstances.
He did play a few games under Scolari as Terry or Carvalho or Alex were injured. Wasn't particularly impressive. Didn't leave a great impression overall. We already have Bonera who's marginally worse than Ivanovic (based on those recent games). He seemed good a couple of years back but hasn't grown since (due to injury and warming bench as you said).
A central defensive team of Ivanovic, Silva, Nesta, Darmian and Bonera is decent but quite frankly not enough. Nesta is unpredictable (injury-wise), Silva is unpredictable (not saying he's not good but can't judge him before he actually plays in Serie A). The rest don't offer much different from what we already have. Should get a more solid but relatively older CD like Alex.
He did play a few games under Scolari as Terry or Carvalho or Alex were injured. Wasn't particularly impressive. Didn't leave a great impression overall. We already have Bonera who's marginally worse than Ivanovic (based on those recent games). He seemed good a couple of years back but hasn't grown since (due to injury and warming bench as you said).
A central defensive team of Ivanovic, Silva, Nesta, Darmian and Bonera is decent but quite frankly not enough. Nesta is unpredictable (injury-wise), Silva is unpredictable (not saying he's not good but can't judge him before he actually plays in Serie A). The rest don't offer much different from what we already have. Should get a more solid but relatively older CD like Alex.
I dont pretend to know anything about Ivanovic, but it is important to remember the effect a lack of games and confidence had on Gourcuff when considering a player like Ivanovic who in all fairness hasnt had the platform in which to show his quality.
True.. he hasn't had many chances for a long time now. I was merely telling you what I saw when he did play. What I fail to understand is that why is the 4th choice CD for Chelsea? He's never going to get a consistent first team run unless there is an epidemic of injuries. Why doesn't he move and exercise his talent elsewhere?
Chelseas reluctance to sell him. He has said a number of times he would like to move. Fiorentina are very much interested. We may not get him as he isnt EU (As far as I know)
Why doesn't he hand in a transfer request? Even Alex for that matter. So much of talented grown up players warm the bench for the English clubs it's almost cruel.
Just watched the Madrid derby. Aguero missed like a million chances.
OCmilano
07-03-2009, 16:05
You guys should consider Nesta as retired or a Sub at best. I really dont think after such a serious injury and time off he will be not his old self.
:1old::1old:
If Kaladze's career is over, I am heading to celebrate.
You guys not serious with ur comments?
If Kaladze's career is over, I am heading to celebrate.
a proud true milan fan :wow:
hitmannq8
07-03-2009, 21:02
there's something wrong, why aren't any Serie A games going to be broadcasted live on TV tomorrow? does anyone know if they will be available on streams?
spina_don
07-03-2009, 23:07
Management won't splash for a first pairing CD unless they know for sure that Nesta is done. With the wage slashes, they won't pay Nesta + 2 starters. I honestly think they value Bonera really high and are comfortable with him as a partner for Tiago Silva next season if and when Nesta is injured.
We aren't going to poach a starter from some big club...period. So, I go back to Chelsea and bid for Ivanovic. Forget Alex, hes great but with the age and health of Terry and Carvalho, they won't let him leave.
Ivanovic-Silva-Bonera-Nesta-Favalli-Darmian as our central defenders for next season sounds great to me. Nesta MUST play the big matches and only the big matches. Also I'd like to see Bonera play some RB with Zambro on the left. Bonera is a bigger defender and can help out with the aerial attacks on us using his strength.
That will be nice except for Favalli to retire or stop playing for milan b/c his presence in the team makes us not buy other younger players..So he should retire
Christian
07-03-2009, 23:23
there's something wrong, why aren't any Serie A games going to be broadcasted live on TV tomorrow? does anyone know if they will be available on streams?
http://www.bet365.com/
You have to sign up, but you don't have to pay anything. The stream isn't the best, but if you don't have any TV channels or anything else, i'd say it's decent.
We don't need to sign wc def as honestly there aren't that many around, and neither are there many wc forwards we'll have to play against. Only Man U & Barca have strike forces to be really focused on. Others can by systematically controlled. If Nesta doesn't return then we do need another CD but not Agger. He makes to many mistakes and like Silva is someone who goes forward with the ball. We need a def who'll cover a bit more. I want us to sign Zapata. We lack physical players big time.
hany.Egypt
08-03-2009, 04:12
there's something wrong, why aren't any Serie A games going to be broadcasted live on TV tomorrow? does anyone know if they will be available on streams?who said this my friend? Aljazeerasport +1 will show the Milan vs Atalanta live, see the link
http://www.aljazeerasport.net/schedule/sunday/2008103023138844129.html
Lebanese
08-03-2009, 04:54
who said this my friend? Aljazeerasport +1 will show the Milan vs Atalanta live, see the link
http://www.aljazeerasport.net/schedule/sunday/2008103023138844129.html
hany we in north america dont have jazeera sport
who said this my friend? Aljazeerasport +1 will show the Milan vs Atalanta live, see the link
http://www.aljazeerasport.net/schedule/sunday/2008103023138844129.html
Is the commentator any good? The local commentators are quite bad and yell "GOAL" for like 40 seconds everyone someone scores.
Isn't Inter the Italian equivalent of Chelsea ?
They have a better history, but their best trophies are so old than nobody remembers and a lot of people for example in France think that Inter exists since the 2000s and is strong since 2005 ...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D:D:D I missed this when reading somehow!! :rotfl:
Geo, how is Yoan doing now ? I havent seen him since Fra-Arg friendly.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D:D:D I missed this when reading somehow!! :rotfl:
Geo, how is Yoan doing now ? I havent seen him since Fra-Arg friendly.
He doesn't play well ... but the whole Bordeaux team is playing worse and worse since some weeks, it is amazing. They looked like the only team able to compete against Lyon, but right now, it seems like Lyon can't play good football anymore, and in the same time, Bordeaux just plays like a bottom-table team.
So, to summarize, Bordeaux is in bad shape, and Gourcuff doesn't shine at all.
The problem is that he would need some games of resting I think (2 weeks for example, so 2 games) because he really didn't have any since the start of the season, so his drop of form was predictable actually.
It's why I think that in Milan, he could play like he did from August to January/February for a complete season because we could replace him with other quality players when it is needed.
PS: I forgot to say that Bordeaux is nowadays out of the Top 3, they don't look like they could come back in it, and so, they could miss the next CL, which would send Gourcuff directly back to Milan I think ...
1st - Lyon - 53 points (bad form)
2nd - Paris - 52 points (good form)
3rd - Marseille - 49 points (depends)
4th - Toulouse - 49 points (excellent form)
5th - Bordeaux - 47 points (terrible form)
6th - Rennes - 46 points (good form)
7th - Lille - 46 points (good form)
=> Bordeaux could be in trouble and disqualified from any European competition next year at the end of this current season ...
Christian
08-03-2009, 18:27
=> Bordeaux could be in trouble and disqualified from any European competition next year at the end of this current season ...
Well, could be good news for us, since it wouldn't help their chances off getting the funds to buy Gourcuff out.
Last reports:
- if we are in Top 3, Kaka' stays
- if we fail and finish 4th (and not qualifying I presume) or more, Kaka' goes
Ah.. I am fed up with all Kaka's rumours.. Send him free.. I dont care. Kaka this.. Kaka that.. bla.. bla.. bla.. We will be find another way to survive ^^ No player greater than the club..
If KAKA goes we need Hamsik.
No, if Kaka goes, we need Messi :)
Hamsik would be welcome even if no one leaves :)
If we can get Eto'o or Adebayor (or other WC striker), two good-great DCs (Vidic/Alex/Santacroce/Zapata and Agger), an attacking midfielder and bring back Gourcuff, I will be happy even Kaka leaves.
We have to be careful with all the rumours of the last days, we were linked with:
- Santacroce
- Vidic
- Vidic + Evans (totally stupid rumour, MU won't sell their two youngest defenders)
I'm afraid that after these rumours, we could end up with Agger. Not that Agger is not good, but I really think he is under the standards of Vidic and Santacroce (from what he did since the start of this season). I'm maybe wrong, anyway, if we bring Agger AND one player between Lucio, Vidic and Santacroce, it will be more than ok for me ... :D
We have to be careful with all the rumours of the last days, we were linked with:
- Santacroce
- Vidic
- Vidic + Evans (totally stupid rumour, MU won't sell their two youngest defenders)
I'm afraid that after these rumours, we could end up with Agger. Not that Agger is not good, but I really think he is under the standards of Vidic and Santacroce (from what he did since the start of this season). I'm maybe wrong, anyway, if we bring Agger AND one player between Lucio, Vidic and Santacroce, it will be more than ok for me ... :D
That's why I write it with 'and'. It means one of Santa/Vidic/Alex AND Agger. If Agger is not what like we expect, he can play on the left side (like someone mentions that he can play as fullback).
Zambrotta---Santa--Silva--Agger
If Agger is like we expect, I will choose to play Silva on the left side as Silva is fast, very smart and his movement is good.
We can afford to buy Agger and one great DCs. It should cost totally around 30 euros. This is big investation but it's worth IMO as it should last at least for more than 5 years.
A realistic option is to buy Lucio and Agger.
That's why I write it with 'and'. It means one of Santa/Vidic/Alex AND Agger. If Agger is not what like we expect, he can play on the left side (like someone mentions that he can play as fullback).
Zambrotta---Santa--Silva--Agger
If Agger is like we expect, I will choose to play Silva on the left side as Silva is fast, very smart and his movement is good.
I understood the "Santa/... and Agger", I didn't react directly from your post actually ... :D
But about your post I quote here, I disagree at 100% (what is bold) !!
We need CD/CBs (I don't know how it has to be written), if we buy CD/CBs, it's to play them at this CD/CB position ...
If we buy one defender among the list + Agger, we will have, for our center of defense: Thiago Silva, Defender from the list, Agger, Bonera + Nesta if fit someday (which won't happen again).
You can put Kaladze + Antonini as subs for the left side. Zambrotta as the starter on the left side.
That leaves us with Mattioni alone on the right, but Bonera can do the job and already did it. So Bonera can be put as a starter there.
This way, we would actually have:
Bonera - Thiago Silva - New - Zambrotta
Bench: Mattioni, Agger, Kaladze, Antonini + Nesta
To finish, we (I lol) write like if we were sure that Mattioni is good enough to play, and like if we were sure we will keep him, but actually, if he doesn't stay, let's bring a real RB player and we'll have a hell of a defense.
The problem with Bonera as right fullback is that he defends worse in that position compare when he plays in the centre and he lacks of speed which Agger especially Silva have. Silva, in my opinion, could be our next Maldini (not his level!!! :D but his versatile position with good ability on both position : fullbackS and DC). Silva is fast, very smart and has good skill and movement.
That said, I will keep Bonera as back up. Kaladze, since rumours about him moving to Chelsea, doesn't want to play as fullback. Either we sell him, play him as DC or bench him without playing him.
With 2 more DCs, we will have good-to-great starting DCs and backups. It's like in a time we have Stam, Maldini and Nesta. We could use Maldini and Stam as DC or as fullback. If one of them is out, the other can replace the out DC.
What I tried to explain is that in my opinion, it is better to have a real RB and a real LB players instead of a CB who can play in these positions ... to play these positions, you need some different characteristics.
Then, of course, many CBs can do the job on LB/RB positions, but isn't it better to have a great LB/RB to play these positions ?
What I tried to explain is that in my opinion, it is better to have a real RB and a real LB players instead of a CB who can play in these positions ... to play these positions, you need some different characteristics.
Then, of course, many CBs can do the job on LB/RB positions, but isn't it better to have a great LB/RB to play these positions ?
I agree with you if those LB/RB can defend like a CB which is very hard to find. That's why I prefer 3 CBs+ 1 fullback with one of the CBs has the ability to play well as fullback (has very strong defensive skills and good offensive ones).
With those combination a strong even very strong defence can be happen. I don't like catenaccio (defensive-minded tactic) but I do like very strong defence.
I just want to say that, if there is a need, Santacroce can easily play RB. And do it better then Bonera as Bonera is simply classical central defender who kicks people around.
We need to keep fingers crossed for ENsta to be ok and then we'll have GREAT pair in Nesta-Thiago. Maybe if a new coach arrives Kaladze can be used as a LB at some occasions, or MAttioni will play some good football so Zambro can play on the left.
But I have a feeling Milan will buy just one good defender, and now a fullback that we desperately need. Lets hope Im wrong as Milan does need a good fullback. Maybe that Rossi ( Parma ) is worth something, some say he is able to play LB also.
P.S.
there is always a memory of Stam playing as RB :)
And for the comment on having 3bc's+1 fullback at the back from Siregar:
-Santacroce-Nesta-Thiago-Zambrotta-
But, again, I do not see Santacroce at Milan,aldough he'd be my first pick.
Christian
09-03-2009, 09:57
I think our formation requires alot offensivly from the full backs, so I think it would be a mistake to not play natural full backs in those positions. How many of our goals have not come from a raid by Jankulovski/Zambrotto? Against Atalanta Bonera as a RB didn't offer anything going forward, and i'm afraid Agger or Thiago Silva won't be able to either, despite their great skill on the ball.
About Agger, I think he's absolutly class. Despite playing in England his style is very Italian so to speak. He's great on the ball, and he's very fast. He relies on his football inteligence rather than his physical strength. The only downside is that he's perhaps a bit to much like Thiago Silva, and perhaps isn't as dominant a player in the air as what we need. But the only one of the players mentioned who's dominant in the air is Vidic, and I think we'll only get him if Nesta is really out for good.
Another option could be Zapata, we've been linked with him before and now he's back from his injury. In my opinion he would be the perfect partner for Thiago Silva. He's an excellent tackler, Marker and he's great in the air. He's not the best at bringing the ball forward, but it would be ok with Thiago Silva around.
Lebanese
10-03-2009, 03:39
Looks like milan are going into a total fire sale this summer. I was just watching a report on fox sport, they said that milan will definitely sell the older players except for abbiati gattuso pirlo nesta(if he is able to continue on high levels) and inzaghi.
So we are looking at 10 players to
dida, kalac, favalli, maldini, senderos, emerson, sheva all are definite to leave milan by the end of the season.
kaladze, janku, ambrosini, oddo and seedorf will be evaluated and sold, or benched
gourcuff, paloschi, abate and di gennaro will be recalled
they also said that milan transfer targets are:
gk: marchetti, rui patricio
def: agger, alex, lucio, bruno, zapata, santacroce, vidic, evans, eboue, clichy
mid: hernanez, kuzmanovic, thiago motta
at: adebayor and benzama
i dont think any of those are realistic targets except for agger, lucio, zapata
I have a feeling Leonardo will brng Hernanes to Milan to play classical central midfielder if he becomes a coach. The words about Hernanes in Milan were strong few months ago, some even saayd the deal is done already for him and Agger.
And now when Emerson leaves no.5 will be free so Essien can take it :) :)
And I wouldnt sell MArek, I'd keep him and played him as a midfielder which he does well. Also I dont see Ambrosini leaving Milan unless he expects first 11 football and cant get it next year.
midfield: Pirlo, Gattuso, Flamini, Hernanes, Jakulovski, Beckham ( back in october again to Milan ), Abate, Goucuff, Kaka', Dinho. its quite enough by any standard.
And now when Emerson leaves no.5 will be free so Essien can take it :) :)
Speaking about number, why don't we retire the number 11? Every striker that wore that number tend to either to flop or injured way too much :w212: And when Dida is sold, let's give the #1 to Pato just for a change :)
Looking for 10 new players like Lebanese said is IMO a bit too much. It takes a whole season just to make them gel with one to another. Half of it will be much better
ACMILAN1983
10-03-2009, 05:45
Looks like milan are going into a total fire sale this summer. I was just watching a report on fox sport, they said that milan will definitely sell the older players except for abbiati gattuso pirlo nesta(if he is able to continue on high levels) and inzaghi.
So we are looking at 10 players to
dida, kalac, favalli, maldini, senderos, emerson, sheva all are definite to leave milan by the end of the season.
kaladze, janku, ambrosini, oddo and seedorf will be evaluated and sold, or benched
gourcuff, paloschi, abate and di gennaro will be recalled
they also said that milan transfer targets are:
gk: marchetti, rui patricio
def: agger, alex, lucio, bruno, zapata, santacroce, vidic, evans, eboue, clichy
mid: hernanez, kuzmanovic, thiago motta
at: adebayor and benzama
i dont think any of those are realistic targets except for agger, lucio, zapata
If we are to improve, this is essentially the kind of direction we need to take. Kaladze probably deserves selling after this season, but essentially, if there's truth in the report then finally we'll be rebuilding the squad the way we need to. Not sure we'll be able to get guys like Vidic or Benzema though.
Lebanese
10-03-2009, 06:01
well mrki you are right, ambrosini will not demand a first team football but seedorf will so does kaladze, seedorf and janku. and honestly 10 players for the midfield is a huge number you are looking for 6 sub players which i doubt they are willing to accept.
janku is a must because the combination janku+zambrotta on the left proved to be effective,
we desperately need a two cbs and a left back (janku can be moved to his natural position)
in the mid field we need a classical central midfielder (cigirani, hernanes, kuzmanovic ) but we have gourcuff who i think will have no problem playing there, and we need a wide player. Abate can just do fine he has decent crosses and a superb run. So we need to offload seedorf and emerson and we say no thanks to beckham.
in attack sheva must go
gk:abbiati MARCHETTI and promote gk from primavera
rb:zambrotta, mattioni
lb: NEW LB and antonini
cb: nesta(healthy), silva, AGGER, bonera and canini or rossi
dm: gattuso, flamini
cm: pirlo GOURCUFF
wide midfielders: janku, ABATE
Att mid: kaka, ronnie
att: pato, borriello, NEW bully striker, paloschi and inzaghi
players out: dida, kalac, maldini, favalinho, kaladze, senderos, emerson, beckham, seedorf and sheva
P.S GOURCUFF WILL LOOK BETTER WEARING #5, ring any bell? petit zidane. geotav this is a joke
Lebanese
10-03-2009, 06:10
If we are to improve, this is essentially the kind of direction we need to take. Kaladze probably deserves selling after this season, but essentially, if there's truth in the report then finally we'll be rebuilding the squad the way we need to. Not sure we'll be able to get guys like Vidic or Benzema though.
true, i hope we get just good players no matter who. vidic will probably cost 30+ mill benzama 60+
a total 90 mil will get us brand new defensive line plus a striker, i care for less about the names as long as we are targetting the right position
ACMILAN1983
10-03-2009, 07:59
Rumour mills are going crazy today with Kuzmanovic and Marchetti especially being linked. Marchetti has impressed a lot this year and he may be a decent purchase for the long run. Kuzmanovic is another who's impressed at 21. I've not seen enough of him to be sure he's the player for us, but I must say I'm intrigued.
kakacmilan best
10-03-2009, 08:10
I would take Santa... and G. Rossi over Benzema and Vidic.
I think that Fabio is a great CB and RB and he is very young steel and also he is Italian!
G. Rossi is great player also and would not take Benzema because he will only do bad to Pato.
My wish for next season:
Ochoa, Satna..., Ager or Zapata, De Silvestri, Dossena or an other Italian LB, Gorky, Hernanes, Canna and G. Rossi.
The Menger should be LEONARDO and MALDINI should have a work also mybe Leo's assitent.
I think that Leo will do very well and what will be the best thing? I think that the young player (prticrly) like Pato, Kaka, Flipe, Hernanes, Ronnie also and Fabio will only improve more!!!
Players out: Puma, Cap, KK, Clarnce (TNX), Max (TNX), Sheva, Boriello, B32, Dida and Kalce.
Lebanese
10-03-2009, 08:26
I would take Santa... and G. Rossi over Benzema and Vidic.
I think that Fabio is a great CB and RB and he is very young steel and also he is Italian!
G. Rossi is great player also and would not take Benzema because he will only do bad to Pato.
My wish for next season:
Ochoa, Satna..., Ager or Zapata, De Silvestri, Dossena or an other Italian LB, Gorky, Hernanes, Canna and G. Rossi.
The Menger should be LEONARDO and MALDINI should have a work also mybe Leo's assitent.
I think that Leo will do very well and what will be the best thing? I think that the young player (prticrly) like Pato, Kaka, Flipe, Hernanes, Ronnie also and Fabio will only improve more!!!
Players out: Puma, Cap, KK, Clarnce (TNX), Max (TNX), Sheva, Boriello, B32, Dida and Kalce.
FM09 is building up on you
:kap:
Santacrocce is playing really poor the last 2 months..i m really dissapointed on him..
Santacrocce is playing really poor the last 2 months..i m really dissapointed on him..
did you see Juve-Napoli?
If we cant buy players, can we at least bring Fossa back... I miss them and this: :( :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtJ_u9Ma3Q&feature=related
compared to this San siro today is ****.
rosoneri_11
10-03-2009, 09:37
did you see Juve-Napoli?
If we cant buy players, can we at least bring Fossa back... I miss them and this: :( :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtJ_u9Ma3Q&feature=related
compared to this San siro today is ****.
Oh Mrki, you just broke my heart by remembering Fossa, i really miss them. :5att:
actually i missed juve-napoli..but he has made some mistekes that surprised me a lot,althugh i know he is a gr8 player,and although i like napoli i am glad that they are going down so as to increase our chances of capturing a player that cant be playing in a med-table team..
rosoneri_11
10-03-2009, 10:20
If it will be true that we are going to sell a lot of not needed players or just resign them i can't see us getting much moneys as many are expecting.
My thought.
Dida= i cant imagine an offer more than 600-800k euros
Zeljko Kalac= 1-1.5m
Giuseppe Favalli= no more than 1.5m
Kakha Kaladze= no more than 2m
Paolo Maldini=retiring
Philippe Senderos=going back
Massimo Ambrosini= no more than 4m
Emerson= no more than 2
Filippo Inzaghi= no more than 1m
Clarence Seedorf= no more than 2.5M, if he is gonna be not needed(i think he can make a good bench)
Andriy Shevchenko= traitor going back to his moneyland.
So all these 11 players will give us 13-15M. Wich means nothing, after loosing 11 players.
So if we loose all these, can anybody on this earht believe that Silvio will splash the money and buy good players.NO. If all of them or the 75% of them leave, milan will be in very big crisis next season if we do not replace them with good players.
And if we want good players the 100M are for sure to fill all these positions and of course to have a bench.
Does anyone believe that Silvio will spalsh 100m.NO
So what it will be done, only 2-3 of them will be gone, like Sheva,Senderos and maybe Dida and getting 0 Moneys from them.
I see all of these players that we don't wonna see next season to still playing in our team. I think Milan renew Favalli's contract, am i wrong?
I cant see the current Milan to sell or resign all or a big part of those players, because doing that Silvio must pay very much to fill their positions, and i have no faith on him to do that.
I imagine us signing only 1 or 2 crap not needed players from other clubs, and i see one good player only for the eyes of the fans, only that.
And remember me, those words will come true, and like i said before Inter has become the old good Milan and Milan had become the old bad Inter.
spina_don
10-03-2009, 10:45
If it will be true that we are going to sell a lot of not needed players or just resign them i can't see us getting much moneys as many are expecting.
My thought.
Dida= i cant imagine an offer more than 600-800k euros
Zeljko Kalac= 1-1.5m
Giuseppe Favalli= no more than 1.5m
Kakha Kaladze= no more than 2m
Paolo Maldini=retiring
Philippe Senderos=going back
Massimo Ambrosini= no more than 4m
Emerson= no more than 2
Filippo Inzaghi= no more than 1m
Clarence Seedorf= no more than 2.5M, if he is gonna be not needed(i think he can make a good bench)
Andriy Shevchenko= traitor going back to his moneyland.
So all these 11 players will give us 13-15M. Wich means nothing, after loosing 11 players.
So if we loose all these, can anybody on this earht believe that Silvio will splash the money and buy good players.NO. If all of them or the 75% of them leave, milan will be in very big crisis next season if we do not replace them with good players.
And if we want good players the 100M are for sure to fill all these positions and of course to have a bench.
Does anyone believe that Silvio will spalsh 100m.NO
So what it will be done, only 2-3 of them will be gone, like Sheva,Senderos and maybe Dida and getting 0 Moneys from them.
I see all of these players that we don't wonna see next season to still playing in our team. I think Milan renew Favalli's contract, am i wrong?
I cant see the current Milan to sell or resign all or a big part of those players, because doing that Silvio must pay very much to fill their positions, and i have no faith on him to do that.
I imagine us signing only 1 or 2 crap not needed players from other clubs, and i see one good player only for the eyes of the fans, only that.
And remember me, those words will come true, and like i said before Inter has become the old good Milan and Milan had become the old bad Inter.
okay if Silvio can't buy new players he should bring our players on loan and co-ownership...some of the players are better than the ones we already have!!!
Gabriel489
10-03-2009, 11:20
Maybe the transfer fee is about 15M but their wages is about 55M.
Maybe the transfer fee is about 15M but their wages is about 55M.
Exactly, even if we only earn 10M from the sold players (if we sell), we will "earn" 25-30M from the wages ... but we won't spend all, because the next players will have wages too, and as it looks like we want to decrease our costs (by decreasing wages budget), that will let us with 15M for transfers/wages.
These 15M go of course in the transfers budget, so we could spend something like 30-35M at the next mercato, but I really don't expect more, not nowadays ...
Maybe we can put R80 on market,and bring back gorky.R80 still has big value,maybe 30mil.we can use that money to get a wc big striker,I think adebayor won't cost more than 30mil this year,much cheaper than benzema.
OH well, the usual transfer rumours. I will believe it when I see it happening this summer. If this season (and the last) is not a wake up call for Galliani and co, then I dont know what is.
edysupriadi
10-03-2009, 22:54
And now when Emerson leaves no.5 will be free so Essien can take it :) :)
Wow Essien ! a dream comes true then !
Cant imagine to have him pair with Flamini in the center -
Too bad Carlo wont be able to witness that - his DMs style of play :pp20:
Better to recall our youngsters and promote a few than to waste more money on the likely players we'll buy. Don't think Agger is right choice, nor Mexes. We need extreme pace in the middle so I'd go for Zapata.
Filipéz 182
11-03-2009, 02:57
I prefer a defender a la nesta and maldini. they arent the fastest or the meanest around but their positioning and tackling is perfect. We have a fast defender in Thiago Silva, and I think Santacroce would be a great partner for him.
Gabriel489
11-03-2009, 03:29
IF Dida, Kalac, Favalli, Emerson, Sheva, Seedorf, Kaladze and Sanderous are gone with Maldini retired.
Then we recall, Di Gennaro, Gourcuff, Abate and Paloshi.
Sign another GK and Santacroce.
I will be happy and I think thats good enough to win the league, if Kaka, Borreillo, Rino and Dinho can be healthy.
Nesta to me is a bonus as long as we sign Santacroce.
Maybe we can put R80 on market,and bring back gorky.R80 still has big value,maybe 30mil.we can use that money to get a wc big striker,I think adebayor won't cost more than 30mil this year,much cheaper than benzema.
Imo the idea "Dinho-out/Adebayor-in" is a big mistake. True, Dinho won't be the player he was in 2005, and perhaps we'll never fit perfectly with Kaka and Pirlo - BUT he's still a world class player, and if he's to be sold then buying Adebayor for all money the from selling Dinho (and more) seems wrong. This season Adebayor has proven what many of us said last summer - he's overrated and last season was a fluke.
IF Dida, Kalac, Favalli, Emerson, Sheva, Seedorf, Kaladze and Sanderous are gone with Maldini retired.
Then we recall, Di Gennaro, Gourcuff, Abate and Paloshi.
Sign another GK and Santacroce.
I will be happy and I think thats good enough to win the league, if Kaka, Borreillo, Rino and Dinho can be healthy.
Nesta to me is a bonus as long as we sign Santacroce.
I agree with your departures, but not entirely with your arrivals. Paloschi isn't ready to come back and sit on the bench for most of the season. It could stun his development - he needs another year on loan. Perhaps the same goes for Di Gennaro.
Gourcuff should definately come back (if he wants to), and Abate would be an interesting option out wide. Santacroce would be lovely and with Napoli in crisis who knows? And a new GK is a must (to challenge Abbiati), Marchetti sounds good.
But is that enough to win the league? I say we'd still need a top fullback, and, if Nesta isn't making any progress, a new CB aswell. If Borriello doesn't recover we should get a another targetman CF too.
Gabriel489
11-03-2009, 04:33
We will be abit thin in the CB if Nesta is gone, but I thought Canini is coming next season. I read some where that we have first option.
I really don't know about another fullback as Zambro is a lock, and Antonini can play, as well as Mattioni. Janku, as much as we like will be back at LB, but with T. Silva and possibly Santacroce covering for him, it will be okay.
edysupriadi
11-03-2009, 05:51
Better to recall our youngsters and promote a few than to waste more money on the likely players we'll buy. Don't think Agger is right choice, nor Mexes. We need extreme pace in the middle so I'd go for Zapata.
Good idea to recall youngster and also to buy, especially those italian players (if available & affordable ) since we dont want to lose our identity just like 'the other team' next door :1d31:
current:
maldini is retiring,
abbiati, ambro, zambro, pippo, favalli, nesta, oddo (if recalled) wont last any longer,
future: borrielo (if not sold), gattuso (2-3yrs more), pirlo (2-3 yrs more if can get back his old performances), bonera, paloschi, antonini, albertazzi?, darmian?, abate? (if recalled),
having said that, i still want agger :smileani: , and, santacroce
montolivo has been dubbed as next pirlo, so I think we can get him too
g.rossi has been in excellent form playing outside, get him to storm his own league
:3band:
I have to say I dont thnk Paloschi is ready for Milan. He needs more serie a playing time.
Di Gennaro and Abate can do their job, but they also wont play much in next year if Milan is to create great team. But, are full of energy and can help in a long season.
Cagliari GK is a man Buffon talked highly about. I've seen Cagliari 4,5 times this year and he did well. But never did better then Abbiatti... It would be sad to chance Abbiatti now when he plays simply great. But Milan will not make that mistake Im sure. Marchetti will be valuated carefully, and he has a clause which is wery low so he is easy to get.
We can all see that CL football asks for tremendous tempo and pressing game from both CB's. Thiago is completely able to play it, my hopes are in Nesta as there is no better signing in the world thenNesta's recovery. Then Agger can be a sub or whatever. Season is long, rotations are needed.
ACMILAN1983
11-03-2009, 07:50
Of the names being mentioned to return:
Paloschi needs another season on loan imo, I don't think he'll get time to play at Milan and his growth at this point needs playing time.
Abate would be a great player to have back. His pace and ability have impressed a lot in the last couple of years and I think he's ready to play an important role in the Milan squad, although he probably isn't a first team player.
Di Gennaro isn't necessarily needed, with probably Seedorf, Dinho and hopefully Gourcuff, he may become surplus to requirements. That said if one of the 3 goes, then he could be used more often.
Gourcuff I have nothing much to say about, bring him back asap.
hany.Egypt
11-03-2009, 08:28
Di Gennaro isn't necessarily needed.
honestly, I don't see anything special in that guy, he is our product so I know his name if he was not I would not even notice him, hope he prooves me mistaken though.
Lebanese
11-03-2009, 09:35
Favalli and maldini are gonna renew. we are one big joke. and maldini is not helping but damaging the team by this attitude.
ACMILAN1983
11-03-2009, 10:59
Favalli and maldini are gonna renew. we are one big joke. and maldini is not helping but damaging the team by this attitude.
Where did you hear that? I haven't seen any story about either renewing other than one Favalli one last week (I think).
Like many here said, Paloschi isn't ready for Milan. If Parma gets back into Serie A next year then I'm sure he'll stay with them another year. Remember, it is a co-ownership deal untill either one of us buys out the other 50%. So I'm sure he'll stay in Parma for another year at least. And that is perfect for his development....as he isn't exactly setting Serie B alight although he has played some good games from what I have read (I haven't seen a Parma game this year).
Di Gennaro can be useful for this team, and as a matter of fact it is much better to have him in the squad then Sheva as we can save so much on wages only. Di Gennaro can roam behind a striker or be a striker himself. He can go wide and open up space and has some good skill and speed on him. Personaly, in my oppinion he reminds me of Shevchenko but obviously not nearly as good as Sheva was back in the day. All in all, like I said Di Gennaro can be useful and get in whenever we need him to. It's about time we stop paying 4/5/6 mil a year in wages to players that don't really do much for this team but warm the bench.
As Mrki said, getting a fully fit Nesta next year is better then any signing......but we still need another player. Santacroce would be great. He can also be a solid RB too and that gives us options. Nesta, Bonera, Silva, Santacroce. This to me seems like a good backline and if Favalli stays for extreme emergencies then that's fine. What we do need as well is another very solid LB. That is 2 additions in the back if we consider that Nesta will be back and ready. Add Silva to that since he hasn't been player this year and that gives you 3 +1(Nesta) new solid players in the back next year. It will require some spending but it must be done and that's the consequence we pay for sitting on our as$ and not reinforcing the defence in past merkatos.
The other MUST is a box-to-box midfielder. Someone who can do what Seedorf did 3-4 years ago. I just hope we don't go for Montolivo. After paying close attention on him for the past few years, I don't think he is the man for the job although I might be wrong. Aquilani is the real man, but that might be mission impossible, so Cigarini might be a good option as well. On the other hand we can save ouselves the money and just bring back Gourcuff.
So there is definately some options out there, and the only thing that scares me is the managment saying that Beckham will be our mid reinforcement next year.
Again I just CANNOT STAND people say Dinho out, Janku out. If you can't see how Dinho is dangerous, you must be blind. Make him happy and let him play, nobody else has that flair. Btw, if you're already asking for Seedorf & Ambrosini out, you can't exile everybody.
Another of my little observations: Essien is strong, but he could not pass Molinaro, Abate can, with ease.
Christian
11-03-2009, 13:35
Like many here said, Paloschi isn't ready for Milan. If Parma gets back into Serie A next year then I'm sure he'll stay with them another year. Remember, it is a co-ownership deal untill either one of us buys out the other 50%. So I'm sure he'll stay in Parma for another year at least. And that is perfect for his development....as he isn't exactly setting Serie B alight although he has played some good games from what I have read (I haven't seen a Parma game this year).
Di Gennaro can be useful for this team, and as a matter of fact it is much better to have him in the squad then Sheva as we can save so much on wages only. Di Gennaro can roam behind a striker or be a striker himself. He can go wide and open up space and has some good skill and speed on him. Personaly, in my oppinion he reminds me of Shevchenko but obviously not nearly as good as Sheva was back in the day. All in all, like I said Di Gennaro can be useful and get in whenever we need him to. It's about time we stop paying 4/5/6 mil a year in wages to players that don't really do much for this team but warm the bench.
As Mrki said, getting a fully fit Nesta next year is better then any signing......but we still need another player. Santacroce would be great. He can also be a solid RB too and that gives us options. Nesta, Bonera, Silva, Santacroce. This to me seems like a good backline and if Favalli stays for extreme emergencies then that's fine. What we do need as well is another very solid LB. That is 2 additions in the back if we consider that Nesta will be back and ready. Add Silva to that since he hasn't been player this year and that gives you 3 +1(Nesta) new solid players in the back next year. It will require some spending but it must be done and that's the consequence we pay for sitting on our as$ and not reinforcing the defence in past merkatos.
The other MUST is a box-to-box midfielder. Someone who can do what Seedorf did 3-4 years ago. I just hope we don't go for Montolivo. After paying close attention on him for the past few years, I don't think he is the man for the job although I might be wrong. Aquilani is the real man, but that might be mission impossible, so Cigarini might be a good option as well. On the other hand we can save ouselves the money and just bring back Gourcuff.
So there is definately some options out there, and the only thing that scares me is the managment saying that Beckham will be our mid reinforcement next year.
I agree on the Santacroce thing, i've earlier said that I would prefere true LB's and RB's to CB's, but I can see the advantages of having someone like Santacroce. Assuming Nesta would be fit, we would have Thiago Silva/Santacroce/Nesta/Bonera as true CB's, which is just the kind of width we should have. That would also leave the coach with alot of options for the back four, depending on oponents and injuries.
Zambrotta/Nesta/Thiago Silva/Jankulovski, could be very effective against more defensive oponents; Santacroce/Nesta/Thiago Silva/Zambrotta, would provide better cover. I don't think we should completly drop Jankulovski as a LB, he might not be the best defender, but he's probably one of the best in the world going forward, and that could be usefull against certain oponents.
Many people wrote about Lucio coming to Milan ... but why wouldn't we give a chance to Breno ? He almost never plays, so his price probably dropped. Also, by giving them Oddo, his price would even drop more.
Breno-Thiago Silva is some kind of defence that could play in the Brazilian NT in some years ... you add Bonera and ... someone :D (Santacroce as first choice, Agger or others then, if possible an Italian defender actually), and our CB department will be more than complete, especially with the hypothesis of a come back from Nesta (which, I said it many times, I think is unlikely to happen).
Of course, a LB or RB would be still needed for me.
Zambrotta/Nesta/Thiago Silva/Jankulovski, could be very effective against more defensive oponents; Santacroce/Nesta/Thiago Silva/Zambrotta, would provide better cover. I don't think we should completly drop Jankulovski as a LB, he might not be the best defender, but he's probably one of the best in the world going forward, and that could be usefull against certain oponents.
Christian, there are many LBs who go forward better than Janku nowadays ... it's why he should be used in midfield when we need to play on the sides (so especially against small teams who defend with 9-10 players).
Against these teams, we could play Janku on the left with Abate on the right ... And in the same way, R80 can be used in the same kind of role on the left, like Janku, the only difference is that Janku will go forward and stay on his left foot to send the ball in the box, whereas R80 will more often go into the box with his right foot.
Again I just CANNOT STAND people say Dinho out, Janku out. If you can't see how Dinho is dangerous, you must be blind. Make him happy and let him play, nobody else has that flair. Btw, if you're already asking for Seedorf & Ambrosini out, you can't exile everybody.
Another of my little observations: Essien is strong, but he could not pass Molinaro, Abate can, with ease.
With respect to you I have to say that Essian has been out in lamost 6 months if Im not wrong and that he played a great game vs Juve. A player that can play as cM, Dm, RM, RB... but naturally is a DM by his caracteristics.
Aldough abate is fast and strong, he is one dimensional player, pure winger-worker with vision of the game itself. Still, he could be usefull to Milan. I would say Essian is class above Molinaro and Abate for sure.
As far as Aquilani is concerned, he wants money and Sensi doesnt want to pay as much. He would be a perfect box-to-box midfielder that Milan does not have now. Hernanes is a question to be answered, and his ability to play box-to-box in high tempo games.
Yoan can mayyybe play that role, but for him it would be better if he had Gattuso-Flamini behind. And not Pirlo, which is highly probabile even in next year.
So our palyers depend on tactical variation we plan. We dont know that now, we can only guess.
In any case, with a bit of luck with Nesta and MAttioni, just few good signings are needed: 3-4 top.
And a new GK...I dont understnd that, Abbiatti is doing perfect job. Maybe to ensure some players for the future...
If Milan can pay ( sign ) for CB, one fullback (never mind the left or right as Zambro can play on both as well ), one central midfielder and one forward, we will have a tremendous team along with Yoan, Mattioni, Nesta, Abate. Aldough Im not sure Milan will psend big money this summer.
Again - Jankulovski is not a fullback. He is showing it game after a game. He is not capable of palying well in back 4 line more then 2 games in a row, and loses himself in duels and positioning. He is a pure midfielder that plays well once he is given a chance in few games there.
As far as Aquilani is concerned, he wants money and Sensi doesnt want to pay as much. He would be a perfect box-to-box midfielder that Milan does not have now. Hernanes is a question to be answered, and his ability to play box-to-box in high tempo games.
Still another injury-prone player ? He's very good, but he often gets problems of injuries ... do we need that ?
And, about Aquilani, of course, he isn't the same kind of player than Gourcuff, but how would we play with Gourcuff if he comes back, Aquilani, Kaka', R80, Gattuso, Flamini, Pirlo, ... and the so-much asked tall striker ?!
Still another injury-prone player ? He's very good, but he often gets problems of injuries ... do we need that ?
And, about Aquilani, of course, he isn't the same kind of player than Gourcuff, but how would we play with Gourcuff if he comes back, Aquilani, Kaka', R80, Gattuso, Flamini, Pirlo, ... and the so-much asked tall striker ?!
As I said, all of these palyers are not needed. Mercato depends of the football we INTEND to play next year. So far, in past 3 years, we had no plan and bought players that dont fit some clear conception. As Sacchi said we have too many copies.
Milan managment and COACH, whoever it is, need to have a plan and build a team around it.
We talk blindly here, as we dont have a conception in front of our eyes right now.
There has been a lot of talk of a big strong striker. I would like to throw Iaquinta's name in. Watching him last night I realised what a big talent has been missing from regular football this season. Most people have forgotten him. I'm sure all this Cassano talk has unsettled him. Plus he's way down in the pecking order. Maybe we should try a swoop.
There has been a lot of talk of a big strong striker. I would like to throw Iaquinta's name in. Watching him last night I realised what a big talent has been missing from regular football this season. Most people have forgotten him. I'm sure all this Cassano talk has unsettled him. Plus he's way down in the pecking order. Maybe we should try a swoop.
How about Wolfsburg big striker?
_MaJi_tz
11-03-2009, 18:57
How about Wolfsburg big striker?
Edin Dzeko he is Bosnian...in local newspaper there was something about him after game against Milan on San Siro....they say that he had conversation with Braida etc....they call him new Ibra... :)
He scored 12 goal in Bundes...I think seven in second part of season...and he is 1986 generation....
Christian
11-03-2009, 19:50
Christian, there are many LBs who go forward better than Janku nowadays ... it's why he should be used in midfield when we need to play on the sides (so especially against small teams who defend with 9-10 players).
Against these teams, we could play Janku on the left with Abate on the right ... And in the same way, R80 can be used in the same kind of role on the left, like Janku, the only difference is that Janku will go forward and stay on his left foot to send the ball in the box, whereas R80 will more often go into the box with his right foot.
I don't really agree, i can't think of alot of LB's who are better going forward, Evra, Maxwell, Marcelo maybe, but except for Evra the rest of the three are not alot better at defending than Jankulovski.
I definetly agree on him playing on the midfield, he's simply excellent there. And assuming we use a target man, then we really need the width.
Blacktop
11-03-2009, 20:30
Dida= i cant imagine an offer more than 600-800k euros
Zeljko Kalac= 1-1.5m
Okay, so you think Kalac should make over 1 million as the third-stringer who hasn't played a match since his ignominious role in the summer Chelsea massacre, with Dida making far less as a second choice? That's just ridiculous.
edysupriadi
11-03-2009, 20:53
... and the so-much asked tall striker ?!
why not just exchange oddo (+ seedorf , if needed) w/ toni? :v103:
toni still could be useful for 1-2 yrs
why not just exchange oddo (+ seedorf , if needed) w/ toni? :v103:
toni still could be useful for 1-2 yrs
Because we need long term solutions or current players, not very short term solutions (1-2 years is for me short term).
Don't misunderstand me, actually, I think Toni is an amazing player, a kind of Inzaghi in more powerful and who knows how to keep a ball without falling (even if he sometimes falls lol), but he would have been a very good solution when he had the choice between us and Bayern.
So the only way I see us buying Toni is to replace Inzaghi (who is still a shorter term solution and who could even become a problem if he stays for too long :D). That would let us with Pato, Borriello and Toni. We would still need a player.
Lebanese
11-03-2009, 22:26
gomez is my pick for the striker. dzeko is very promising. any of those can do the trick. kaka-pato-gomez/dzeko looks awesome.
and if anyone thinks Iaquinta is talented good player, i believe they should stick to cricket and stop giving us their fancy players as reference points (xavi, iniesta, xabi alonso.... enough of glory hunters)
edysupriadi
11-03-2009, 23:10
Because we need long term solutions or current players, not very short term solutions (1-2 years is for me short term).
Don't misunderstand me, actually, I think Toni is an amazing player, a kind of Inzaghi in more powerful and who knows how to keep a ball without falling (even if he sometimes falls lol), but he would have been a very good solution when he had the choice between us and Bayern.
So the only way I see us buying Toni is to replace Inzaghi (who is still a shorter term solution and who could even become a problem if he stays for too long :D). That would let us with Pato, Borriello and Toni. We would still need a player.
yes he is a short term replacement whom I think could be useful for us in the meantime, (during our search for long term one ), also, right now I dont have in mind any other tall ,yet strong striker out there..
Iaquinta? saw him playing few times only & could be good purchase, but I think he's not in-the-box-type striker that we need now
zigic? crouch ? they re tall but not of strong type like toni, crouch got the class (still not sure if he's good enough for milan)& wasted by pool, but zigic? no way ! .. any other candidates in ur mind for long term? manucho? :grinser:
Btw, Pato, Borriello, Toni, G. ROSSI? two big two small.. just nice !:diablo:
yes he is a short term replacement whom I think could be useful for us in the meantime, (during our search for long term one ), also, right now I dont have in mind any other tall ,yet strong striker out there..
Iaquinta? saw him playing few times only & could be good purchase, but I think he's not in-the-box-type striker that we need now
zigic? crouch ? they re tall but not of strong type like toni, crouch got the class (still not sure if he's good enough for milan)& wasted by pool, but zigic? no way ! .. any other candidates in ur mind for long term? manucho? :grinser:
Btw, Pato, Borriello, Toni, G. ROSSI? two big two small.. just nice !:diablo:
Actually, I don't want any tall striker ... they are often limited, even Toni, he is a hell of a striker, but he is damn limited !!
And I don't see the need to have a tall striker in the team to play principally with his head (it's the goal to have this kind of player I think) if we don't have a plan of game done for that ...
So, except if this summer Galliani comes in front of medias to say "we replace Inzaghi by Toni", I won't want any tall striker ...
Remember game VS regianne? we had lots of games like that in last few years.a physical box space-eater is a must to break bunker football.Especially italian teams know how to handle our skill midfield.
when game is still in a stalemate entering 70th minute.throw in boreillo and new big striker is a reasonbale choice.
ADEBAYOR is not only a tall striker,his skill and big lungs can inspire our front mobility even in fast pace games.
Edin Dzeko he is Bosnian...in local newspaper there was something about him after game against Milan on San Siro....they say that he had conversation with Braida etc....they call him new Ibra... :)
He scored 12 goal in Bundes...I think seven in second part of season...and he is 1986 generation....
I have heard of him a lot though I haven't seen him play (except a few highlights). I think Magath praised him a lot. If you've seen him play, anything about his game?.. because he seems like a good player.
ACMILAN1983
12-03-2009, 03:48
Anyone know much about this:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2009/03/11/1150590/milan-hop-on-the-keirrison-bandwagon
Can't say I know anything about this guy, though it seems he's already aiming for Barca
edysupriadi
12-03-2009, 04:09
video on wolfburg's striker:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZAV2fuEWko (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZAV2fuEWko)
excellent in the air, scoring with both legs, has pace, & got some skills too .. not bad,
:noevil2:
Is it true that Obi Mikel (Chelsea) will be out of contract in the end of this season? Do Milan need him or where will he play if Milan sign him? I don't really know the ability or the characteristic of Obi Mikel even I watched him in some games.
Gabriel489
12-03-2009, 04:49
After the total defeat of last night, I hope all of Italy is begging for us to be back at CL, as only we can win CL.
Gabriel489
12-03-2009, 04:50
Is it true that Obi Mikel (Chelsea) will be out of contract in the end of this season? Do Milan need him or where will he play if Milan sign him? I don't really know the ability or the characteristic of Obi Mikel even I watched him in some games.
To be honest, Mikel is nothing special, he is far from being call a skillful player and does not have the heart of a supporting player(like Gattuso and Flamini).
We don't need him at all.
edysupriadi
12-03-2009, 05:00
Is it true that Obi Mikel (Chelsea) will be out of contract in the end of this season? Do Milan need him or where will he play if Milan sign him? I don't really know the ability or the characteristic of Obi Mikel even I watched him in some games.
having watched him play several games for chelsea, I think he is just overrated , he is DM but doesnt cover as much as the likes of gattuso, essien & flamini .. not so good in tackle too - nothing's special bout him
pass .:5schal:
edysupriadi
12-03-2009, 05:03
we were linked with j.moatinho before, he did score a wonderful goal vs bayern, is he DM or AM? the way he scored just like what AM does
he surely can replace ambro, cant he? :u56:
Gabriel489
12-03-2009, 05:24
Don't think he is the answer. I think Ambro, as a player is not that hard to replace as he is really not that good, but he does provide great leadership and great heart when he plays.
Can't wait for the summer, as I really hope changes will come or else we will still be the circus that is today.
We are officially linked to Keirrison ... Leonardo said it on TV in Brazil (in a funny way: "I'm not here to watch Ronaldo but to have the phone number of Keirrison" because they were both guests with Leonardo of the TV show).
I watched some highlights, he seems to be a classical striker but with an amazing acceleration.
we were linked with j.moatinho before, he did score a wonderful goal vs bayern, is he DM or AM? the way he scored just like what AM does
he surely can replace ambro, cant he? :u56:
He is nor a DM, nor an AM, he is actually a CM ... :D
The same kind of CM than Montolivo for example: can defend sometimes but likes to go forward with the ball.
We clearly don't need him except if we want to change ou kind of formation ...
If we only keep Flamini and Gattuso as DMs, it is enough I think, the others (Emerson, Ambrosini, who else ?) can go. We could in this way play with only one DM and make a rotation between Gattuso and Flamini.
This kind of formation:
------------ GK -------------
---------- Defence ----------
------------ DM -------------
------ CM --------- CM ------
And then, with that, we could do two formations, if we call back Abate especially:
Abate ------------------- R80
----------- Striker -----------
Or
------------ Kaka' -------------
------- ST --------- ST -------
Two ways to play ... and you can even play more offensively because real CMs can generally defend, and Gattuso/Flamini can play this role too, so we can sometimes when it is needed replace the DM position (not the player, I mean, the guy in DM can play CM and one of our CM can be replaced) by an AM or a ST ...
We have also R80 and Kaka' used in their proper roles all the time and not always together (one cancel the abilities of the other when they play together). So we always have on the pitch a Brazilian genius (and I don't count Pato who will again be our first striker). Add Gourcuff to that, playing in this CM position, and I think that could sound great.
But I doubt this kind of gameplan could be chosen.
PS: Of course, that means we have a gameplan there ... like mrki said. It is one possible. Maybe not the best, but I think that with this kind of formationS used depending on our opponent and the situation in-game, we could easily win some games we aren't able to win anymore nowadays.
Anyone know much about this:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2009/03/11/1150590/milan-hop-on-the-keirrison-bandwagon
Can't say I know anything about this guy, though it seems he's already aiming for Barca
He seems to be a brilliant young talent and a goalscoring machine. The Mirror published an 8-minute compilation video of him a few months ago when it emerged that he was a target for Liverpool:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/10/30/video-watch-amazing-footage-of-liverpool-target-keirrison-in-action-115875-20853803/
And here's a recent blog about him:
Is Keirrison the real deal?
February 12, 2009
There's just no stopping Keirrison
Palmeiras forward Keirrison is one of the most talked about players currently operating in Brazil. He’s been compared to Ronaldinho Gaúcho and Ronaldo and not a week goes by without the youngster being linked with a big-money move to the likes of Real Madrid or Liverpool. But has he been hyped up out of all proportion?
As an 18-year-old, Keirrison, or K9 as he’s nicknamed, scored 12 goals in Coritiba’s promotion drive in the second division of the Campeonato Brasileiro in 2007.
Critics said this was a flash in the pan and that the skinny frontman would fail in the more demanding Série A. The result was that despite missing part of the Brasileiro through injury, Keirrison finished joint top scorer in the league with 21 goals (see them here) alongside over-30s Washington, then of Fluminense, and Santos’s Kléber Pereira. The numbers become even more impress when one considers he knocked in another 20 goals in all competitions for a rather limited Coritiba team.
Early this year came another test: a move to the high profile Palmeiras. Keirrison scored two on his debut against Mogi Mirim but could have had four or five. His record so far is a very productive eight goals from six games (5 in the Campeonato Paulista, 3 in the Libertadores).
Ok. So the opposition may not have been that brilliant so far. And three of his goals have been from the penalty spot. But the 20-year-old has already shown a remarkable versatility. Keirrison put away a marvellous chipped goal vs Mogi Mirim.
He reacted with a poacher’s instinct to nip in against two defenders in the away game at Real Potosí in the Libertadores. Admittedly, the forward dived to win the penalty against Santos in the recent derby. But just after the second-half resumed, Keirrison showed his speed of thought and movement when he pounced on a loose ball in the area and fired in. Against Mirassol in the Paulista on Wednesday evening, the player struck again with another excellent finish – this time a beautifully placed shot to the bottom right of the net.
But it’s not just his goal scoring ability that makes Keirrison so special. He also has the ability to connect with the talented players around him. Already K9 had formed a good understanding with Cleiton Xavier. Now an exciting partnership with the highly skilful (though inconsistent) Diego Souza could be on the cards.
At 1:81m (and growing) he’s not the tallest of forwards but does get his share of headed goals. But Keirrison is already aware that he needs to bulk up if he is going to be able to compete at a higher level and is working on it.
If you add to his attributes an excellent first-touch, good positional play and a knack of getting away from his markers, it becomes clear why Keirrison is on the shopping list of so many European clubs.
The only fly in the ointment for the Premier league teams is that the 20-year-old hasn’t appeared for Brazil. With one youngster, Alexandre Pato, already in the squad, it’s unlikely that Dunga will risk calling Keirrison up for any of Brazil’s World Cup qualifiers – unless there are injuries to the likes of Pato, Adriano, Luís Fabiano etc.
However, the Confederations Cup in South Africa in June this year is a possibility. But if for some reason Keirrison is overlooked then, Brazil have a friendly vs Estonia in August and that would be an ideal fixture to unveil the player to the world.
Under the tutelage of coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo, K9 can only improve. By the time his contract expires with Palmeiras in the middle of the year, Keirrison will be a much better player and his owners, the football management group Traffic and Coritiba, will be getting ready for a big payday.
Is Keirrison the real deal? You bet he is!
For more on Keirrison see Brazil: the talent factory
http://pitacodogringo.wordpress.com/2009/02/12/is-keirrison-the-real-deal/
I've never seen that brasilian forvard paly so I cant tell from youtube. He looks like a classical central forward. We can trust Leonardo aguess.
Aout Moutinho, I dont think he is a player Milan needs. We need more phisical presence in midfield. Geo Tav and I have spoken about "box-to-box" player... Aquilani is the man. He plays rarely not coz he is injured but coz he is frozen by Rosella Sensi. Now he's a bit out of touch, but he is a class CM.
Aout Moutinho, I dont think he is a player Milan needs. We need more phisical presence in midfield. Geo Tav and I have spoken about "box-to-box" player... Aquilani is the man. He plays rarely not coz he is injured but coz he is frozen by Rosella Sensi. Now he's a bit out of touch, but he is a class CM.
Galliani is the only one not frozen by Rosella Sensi ... :D
Yes, by CM, I mean box-to-box players, at least one in the formation I did, this one could be helped by the DM, the other one would play more often forward.
For example, always in the formation I said, we could do, if we didn't have any new player except Gourcuff:
--------- Gattuso ----------
------ Pirlo ----- Gourcuff ---
Instead of Pirlo, you can put Flamini. It depends on our opponents. With Pirlo, Gourcuff will have to defend a bit more, with Flamini, Gourcuff could be able to go forward when he wants and lead the team ...
PS: Actually, with real DMs like Flamini and Gattuso, who always run, always defend, always have grinta/motivation, you don't need 50 DMs on the pitch, one of them is enough. Why couldn't we play with only one DM ? Barcelona or MU play with only one DM, some teams play with no DM and only CMs (Arsenal).
I didn't realize (by watching his goals highlights on youtube) that Kierrison is 1,81 m. I thought he is around 175 cm.
Well if united can play vs Inter like this:
----Scholes-Carrick---
-Ronaldo-------Giggs-----
------Rooney---
---------Berbatov----
Then we can also play some opened football in serie a with Pirlo, Gattuso, Yoan and Kaka' in the middle.
The thing is that in past 2 years in serie a our players like Pirlo and Seedorf simly didnt fight and we always looked unprotected. When we play with 2 forwards our coach says "we are unprotected", and the rest of the Europe play CL games with 2 forwards??!
Its not the number of DM's, its the way they move and stand on the field.
First of all, we need a defence that can actually move and play high. That way your lines can be close and the space is closed, like Inter did well yesterday ( buahaha....wasnt enough! ).
Without a strong backline 3 Essiens cant help us in midfield. But with a backline lets say: Zambro-Nesta.Thiago-fast lb-
We can play high pressing game, in which the rotation and fast transition opens space for Kaka', Pato, fullbacks etc. Do not forget we have Ronaldinho, a player that is magical when he decides to play actually!
------------Flamini-------
---Gattuso-------Yoan---
-----Kaka'----Dinho------
----------Pato-----
This midfield and Pato can play vs every team on the planet if they move properly, BUT only with capable defence that can push high. That is the key.
REmember the way Stam and NEsta played when they were CB's? They tackled on 35-40m from the goal! And now our CM's are 30m from our goal defending in zone...
_MaJi_tz
12-03-2009, 08:49
I have heard of him a lot though I haven't seen him play (except a few highlights). I think Magath praised him a lot. If you've seen him play, anything about his game?.. because he seems like a good player.
Well he is young very talent...he is first striker in Bosnia National team...you have video on youtube, etc...very good in air and can play with left and right foot, have good dribling ability...something like young Ibrahimovic...Maghat and Ciro Blazevic praised him a lot...he had very good game agaist Milan on San Siro and then start interest of Milan (Braida)...he scored 12 goals in this season and have something about 7-8 asist....and at the moment he is 4th on list MVP player in Bundesleague...in local paper he said that he is big fun of Milan and his idol is Sheva...(he changed shirt with Sheva)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edin_D%C5%BEeko
If Barca wants to get both Benzema and this Keirrison kid, they probably have to exile Eto'o and Henry, and maybe sell Bojan, there's just not enough room on that team.
Or maybe they have, we used to be the team nailing Savechevic and Boban to the bench for two years.
If Barca wants to get both Benzema and this Keirrison kid, they probably have to exile Eto'o and Henry, and maybe sell Bojan, there's just not enough room on that team.
Or maybe they have, we used to be the team nailing Savechevic and Boban to the bench for two years.
Ah, those good old dyas.. like the SS banner said ‘Once upon a time there was a dream team, now it's :5nana:..' But things are different now. Benzema will cost a fortune, and luring away this Brasilian kid won't come cheap either. Anyway, his name doesn't sound familiar to me. Anybody ever see him playing? I mean not only from clips. Where is Brasileiro when we need him :grinser:
The Bosnian striker for Wolfsberg looks like the kind of player we need. He is good in the air, looks like he can hold the ball up and like Inzaghi hovers around the box.
I have no idea how Benzema is doing these days.
Where would Kerrison fit in? We already have Pato, Kaka and Ronnie. Not to mention a dilema of where to accomodate Gourcuff.
If the formation was Milan's first priority, we would have realised that Pato and Kaka need a propper centre forward in front of them. Pato has been phenominal this season, but he isnt a poacher. Watching Inzaghi's third goal on Sunday, Pato wasnt even in the box. Its time we let Pato continue in his role as secundo punto and get another poacher. That way we wont have to wait 30 minutes between every shot on goal.
Im sick of us waiting for miracles.
We have waited for Senderos to suddenly blossom - Not happened
We have waited for Shevchenko to at least play well for Gods sake even if he doesnt score - Not happened
We have waited for Boriello to lead our line (Sometimes injuries end certain hopes, can we afford to risk yet another season to find out what the guy can do?) - Not happened
We have waited for Kaka and Ronnie to start making magic together - Not happened
We have waited for Nesta to rise like a phoenix - Not happened!
Our summer mercato cant possibly be so reliant on so many uncertainties again. Like Sacchi said, we have too many duplicates. bring Gourcuff back, bring in a striker, bring in Santacrocce or Zapata. Whoever delivers, plays. Who cant take the competetion suffers while AC Milan marches forward. And if Carlo doesnt try out new combinations, then he can go too. Im sick of seeing the same tired 11 players every single game!
Plus this choice of players will give us far more options:
--------------Abbiati------------------
Santarocce--Thiago--Zapata--Zambrotta
--------Gatusso--Pirlo--Flamini---------
-------------Kaka---------------------
--------Pato-----Striker---------------
--------------Abbiati------------------
Santarocce--Thiago--Zapata--Zambrotta
--------Gatusso--Pirlo--Flamini---------
-----------Kaka------Ronnie/Gourcuff---
----------------Pato--------------------
--------------Abbiati------------------
-----Santarocce--Thiago--Zapata-----
----------------Flamini----------------
-------Gatusso---Pirlo--Gourcuff-------
----------------Kaka------------------
------------Pato-----Striker-----------
--------------Abbiati------------------
-----Santarocce--Thiago--Zapata------
---------------Gatusso----------------
-------Gourcuff---Pirlo--Flamini--------
-----------Kaka------Ronnie-----------
----------------Pato-------------------
Best thing is players like Seedorf, Janku, Inzaghi can be used as and when needed. If nesta comes back, even better.
I think we just need a good box to box midfielder who can defend, pass, run, cross, etc, etc...someone like Gerrard or Fabregas. Our players at the moment are too static, everyone does their own role and that's it---there is nobody who is willing and capable to do multiple things and make the team more dynamic.
Who knows, if we start to show more faith in Flamini, maybe he can be that man for us.
defence that can push high. That is the key.
REmember the way Stam and NEsta played when they were CB's? They tackled on 35-40m from the goal! And now our CM's are 30m from our goal defending in zone...
Correct!
I kept saying this after the Cagliari game (i think it was) and when people were asking for a 4-4-2.
This team with these players can not play that formation. That formation requires high defensive line. Our players can't do that and after 15 mins you started seeing the line drop deeper and deeper. Before you know it, our midfielders are standing 30 meters from goal defending. And even if we steal the ball that deep.....breaking away and taking the ball to the attacking third takes so much time that we never look like scoring...........or there is a long ball to a forward who is all alone without any support.
I remember Mrki in 03/04/05 when we had such a compact and mobile team that our DEFENDERS BLOCKED shots 25 meters from goal. That's how high our line was when opponents would 'try' to attack us...........and not now, defending with the defensive line on the 16 meter line. Ridiculous!!!
And I remember back to tha Arrigo Sacchi days when our defense used to be up near the midfield line, our whole midfield and forwards used to pressure the opponents for the ball. We either won the ball back, forced a bad pass, or if they were lucky enough to get a pass off, they would be called off side. That was a dynamic Milan that played some beautiful possession football. Now we play possesson football, but we're too slow when we have the ball, and then wait til the opponents reach our final third before closing them down, which usually is too late, we get a couple of long balls into the box and we crumble.
Gabriel489
13-03-2009, 02:15
We should stop looking at what we did as I doubt we will ever see that again.
ACMILAN1983
13-03-2009, 04:15
We should stop looking at what we did as I doubt we will ever see that again.
What I wonder is why can't we see something like that again? Sacchi's philosophy was an ageless one, that's what makes it so amazing.
I think it's okay to look back at we have done in the past, especially to Sacchi's era. His team IMO was the closest thing to perfection in football which was unprecedented then: finding the balance of lethal attacking and solid defense. But what's more important than looking back is taking valuable lessons from it.
Sacchi once said that the defense that conceded an average a goal a game is a mediocre defense. If we are to build a strong team, we must start with a strong defense.
Though we must wait a while before we judge him, getting Thiago Silva is a good start. Whereas renewing Favalli's contract (I read it it first here but I don't know if it's true) isn't.
Gabriel489
13-03-2009, 06:14
Well Sacchi's Milan is byfar the best team ever assmble on this planet.
I remember seeing one pic of a 4 men wall of Guilt, ALbertini, Frank, and Van Basten. How did Milan manage to do that is beyond me.
If we want to see something similar to Sacchi's Milan, Berlu must go out and sign, Santacroce, Zapata, Essien or Diarra, De Rossi, Torres and Drogba.
Then I think we will be a strong team with a deep bench.
ACMILAN1983
13-03-2009, 08:17
Well Sacchi's Milan is byfar the best team ever assmble on this planet.
I remember seeing one pic of a 4 men wall of Guilt, ALbertini, Frank, and Van Basten. How did Milan manage to do that is beyond me.
If we want to see something similar to Sacchi's Milan, Berlu must go out and sign, Santacroce, Zapata, Essien or Diarra, De Rossi, Torres and Drogba.
Then I think we will be a strong team with a deep bench.
Sorry I think you may have understood what I was asking. What I meant was why can't we see Sacchi's philosophy in football being applied again. Our greatest periods of success over the last 20 years all have certain characteristics, all of which were first seen in Sacchi's team in the '80's.
I won't write a dissertation on the matter (and you can), but simply, I want to see a few prinicples which Sacchi applied in his day being maintained in our club.
1) A solid defence - The defence is the foundation of a side. It is the security that makes a side capable of holding a lead and provides confidence through the side.
2) A well balanced midfield - A good midfield must be balanced. This means the best midfield in the world isn't necessarily the most talented. What it means is the midfield must be capable of functioning in all parts of the pitch, in defence and in attack.
3) Width - A good group of players are of no use if they aren't able to use the full width or length of the pitch. Defensive opponents need to be opened up, and spreading them across the pitch is a good way to make space to work through.
4) Teamwork or Unity - This is integral to the success of a side. A team must work as a unit to prevent opponents taking advantage of spaces. A compact side with good teamwork will always be stronger than a group of individuals without good teamwork. It's also more consistent, as the team work as one group rather than hoping for moments of brilliance from an individual.
5) Pace and tempo - I'm not saying we need to be the quickest side in the world, but a little pace is necessary from any side. Most importantly, it's how quickly the unit moves around the pitch and how quickly the ball is moved around the pitch. This doesn't mean players who are fast runners are needed (though it's an obvious benefit), but players who can play at a high tempo are. This pace is important when countering too (again, it's not the speed of a player that's most important, but how quickly we move the ball from defence to attack). Tempo is especially important to opening opponents. Many defensive opponents can be opened through a sudden single quick move. A good example is the traditional Brazil, at different lines of the pitch (line meaning how high or deep they are on the field), Brazil will generally play at different tempo's becoming most explosive when reaching the final 3rd or 1/4 of the pitch.
6) Movement - A key aspect of Sacchi's attacking gameplan. He said himself one of his greatest influences were the classic Liverpool team of the late '70s and early '80s. Liverpool of that time described their play as "pass and move". Essentially, once a pass is made, the player must move to give options for his teammate. This movement disorientates opponents and the defensive structure, opening up gaps in the set up. The same has often been seen in the classic sides throughout history, whether you look at classic Brazilian sides or the dutch total football.
7) High Pressing - The most famous aspect of Sacchi's game was the high pressing game. We dominated opponents by simply not giving them the chance to attack us. Counter attacks are nullified by pinning them back and a strong collective group is needed to achieve this. We essentially suffocate opponents until they give and we get our goals. Defence starts from the attack (again, I think Sacchi may have been influenced by the classic Liverpool in this regard) and the team works together to get the ball back. Same when attack, the unit moves around the pitch as a single compact group. Tempo is especially key to understanding how to apply the pressing game, as no team can apply it for 90minutes. Understanding when in the match to press high and when to slow the pace down and keep control of the situation is key.
8) Discipline - Every player on the pitch will have a role. Every player MUST know the system well, where they are meant to be on the pitch at all times and how their role in the side corresponds to others in the side.
When I look at these points and think of the current Milan, it's quite a depressing thought.
Gabriel489
13-03-2009, 10:38
The thing is, ManU is Sacchi's Milan.
Lebanese
13-03-2009, 10:44
The thing is, ManU is Sacchi's Milan.
man take it easy
The thing is, ManU is Sacchi's Milan.
You will be banned man :)
Our Milan needs 3 or 4(tops) quality players + Yoan, Thiago and Abate+ne woach for discipline and freshness, and we can win CL.
One central back, one fullback, one midfielder and one striker.
Im 300% confident that this team can play top football in CL knock-out just with 4 new arrivals in first 11: Santacroce, Chichy, Gourcuff and Thiago. From which 2 are already ours.
Abbiatti, Zambrotta,Santacroce,Thiago,Clichy,Gattuso,Flamini,Gourcuff,Kaka',Ronaldinho,PAto.
And that is if NEsta is NOT fit and with Pirlo also out...
Anyway, for people claiming Benzema, he said in an interview today that he would stay one more year in Lyon because he still has things to learn before going to the highest level in Europe. He also said he has a career plan and so, for moment, he has to stay in Lyon, and he'll see next year.
I tell you that because I don't think Italian, English and Spanish websites will rely this interview ... :D
_MaJi_tz
13-03-2009, 16:25
Tonight against Shalke 04 Wolsburg won 4-3 Dzeko scored one goal (13 in season)...
Sevillia already ask for him and they put on table 15 mil euro...
Bozo Primorac(Asist Manager in Arsenal) told yesterday that Arsenal is after him too...
Christian
13-03-2009, 20:36
We've been linked heavily again with Mexes according to goal.com. The thing is, that all this talk towards a big summer signing in defence, suggests that Nesta might be done. We've been linked with Vidic and Mexes again and again, and i fear that it might be because of Nesta's situation.
If we are gonna buy a world class defender, then I really hope it isn't Mexes. I haven't seen every Roma game, but the ones i've seen he hasn't impresed. I think we'd be better off picking up Zapata from Udinese in that case. He's a rock, and he would compliment Thiago Silva perfectly, because of his dominance in the air, and his great tackling ability, while Thiago Silva is a defender who's great at bringing the ball forward..
The thing is, ManU is Sacchi's Milan.
Well we'll see that if he can win Champions Leauge twice in a row, but the team they have now is the best they've ever had, and they're not even close to being compared with the Milan of Sacchi or Capallo's Milan in my opinion.
There is no way Man Utd can come even close to playing the same way as Sacchi's Milan. The closest I have seen were the Barca teams during their first peak when Rivaldo was in his prime, then again in 2005-2006 when Ronaldinho was in his prime---but they still lacked the defensive solidity that we had.
Either way, the question is not only whether new players can come and transform us. The question is whether we need a new coach and a new way of playing---perhaps with more speed and more width.
Lebanese
14-03-2009, 00:06
guys can you please stop comparing sacchi's milan to any other team. this is like comparing materasi to baresi.
Lebanese
14-03-2009, 02:34
milan is reportedly interest in Maxwell, lol i wouldnot mind him at all he is a huge upgrade on janku but clichy is the man we need his explosiveness is what we need on the flank, zambrotta should have at least two good years in him. Zambrotta Nesta(healthy) Thiago/Agger clichy is probably the best defence we can wish for
Christian
14-03-2009, 05:57
milan is reportedly interest in Maxwell, lol i wouldnot mind him at all he is a huge upgrade on janku but clichy is the man we need his explosiveness is what we need on the flank, zambrotta should have at least two good years in him. Zambrotta Nesta(healthy) Thiago/Agger clichy is probably the best defence we can wish for
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar14e.html
According to this link we could get him for £3m because of his contract expirering in 2010. This would be a great purchase in my opnion, and perhaps not to unrealistic since he's wasted at Inters bench.
Milan can take Maxwell for squad rotation not for starter in left fullback. We need a better player (regarding the defensive ability) compare to Maxwell.
Lebanese
14-03-2009, 08:28
taking about defence i am watching man u - liverpool. vidic just made a mistake. if you combine senderos and materasi and favali together they cant make such a mistake.
Christian
14-03-2009, 08:32
taking about defence i am watching man u - liverpool. vidic just made a mistake. if you combine senderos and materasi and favali together they cant make such a mistake.
Not watching the game, what'd he do?
Come on...vidic in an excellent player. He got outpaced by Torres, which is something that is not strange. Also Torres made a fool of Ferdinand of two occasions like Rio is a child. Great that Galliani saw how Torres is not worth the money as Shevs' replacement. The man is a beats that can be stopped only by fouls in most of the occasions.
Christian
14-03-2009, 08:59
Come on...vidic in an excellent player. He got outpaced by Torres, which is something that is not strange. Also Torres made a fool of Ferdinand of two occasions like Rio is a child. Great that Galliani saw how Torres is not worth the money as Shevs' replacement. The man is a beats that can be stopped only by fouls in most of the occasions.
Well we got Pato now, so doesn't really matter.
:eekani: Really a horrible game by vidić. Rarely bad performance by him.
:eekani: Really a horrible game by vidić. Rarely bad performance by him.
It may be a try from him to make the move to Milan a bit easier? :coffee:
Gabriel489
14-03-2009, 10:11
I never seen Vidic played this bad, I guess it is just one of those rare days.
guys can you please stop comparing sacchi's milan to any other team. this is like comparing materasi to baresi.
Exactly
Who can compare RIJKAARD with scholes???!!!!!
ANCELOTTI with garick?????!!!!!
BARESI with ferdinand??????????!!!!!!!!
VAN BASTEN with mooney?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MALDINI with evra???????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahhahaha
Lebanese
14-03-2009, 11:01
Come on...vidic in an excellent player. He got outpaced by Torres, which is something that is not strange. Also Torres made a fool of Ferdinand of two occasions like Rio is a child. Great that Galliani saw how Torres is not worth the money as Shevs' replacement. The man is a beats that can be stopped only by fouls in most of the occasions.
mrki if i dont know vidic i wouldnot trade him for senderos if i had a chance, its not his day though he had some perfect interceptions but generally he got punked by IL NINO and gerrard
Rio Ferdinand also got punked by Torres, as well as 90% of CB's in the world. And Gerrard is a player that is even better then Torres.
Gerrard is really really good this season. Won't be surprised if he goes on to win EPL player of the year or something.
Notwithstanding today, if we can get a CB who is even moderately good at headers it will be an upgrade for us and we will see the difference in goals against and losses
Bosniaco
14-03-2009, 15:37
Well I wacthed Palmeiras today, to see how our new objectiv Keirison is doing, and one other player cauth my eye. This guy Lenny, looks very young, very fast, tricky feet, it looked to me like he was playing as a wing attacker. He was on the right, left everywhere :) very good player Lenny from Palmeiras
Well I wacthed Palmeiras today, to see how our new objectiv Keirison is doing, and one other player cauth my eye. This guy Lenny, looks very young, very fast, tricky feet, it looked to me like he was playing as a wing attacker. He was on the right, left everywhere :) very good player Lenny from Palmeiras
I think it's a name that could be known by some players of FM09 (the ones who like to buy Brazilian players) ...
It's funny, I never saw them before (I watched some highlights from Keirrison after the last reports, but it's nothing), but I already know them !! :D
For mrki: Aquilani finally extended his contract until June 2013.
His wage: 2M/year ... (less than Dida :uhm:)
Bosniaco
14-03-2009, 19:53
I think it's a name that could be known by some players of FM09 (the ones who like to buy Brazilian players) ...
It's funny, I never saw them before (I watched some highlights from Keirrison after the last reports, but it's nothing), but I already know them !! :D
I never played FM09 but I play FIFA 09, and I use to buy Marqinous from Palmerias he was good on the game. But this guy Lenny really impresed me in the real life play. If you guys live in the US and have GOLTV watch the game Palmeiras and Gremio look for Lenny :)
Klaas Jan Huntelaar...6 goals in 5 games for Madrid. He's just like RvN it takes him no time to adjust to a new team.
Klaas Jan Huntelaar...6 goals in 5 games for Madrid. He's just like RvN it takes him no time to adjust to a new team.
And ?
What's the point ? Is it again a subtile way to say that the club missed a good player ?
If it is the goal of your post, it is pointless, as our management probably failed to get all the good players who don't play in Milan ...
We should just write and argue about the players who could/should come in the future and not the ones who could (and not should as we don't know) have come here ...
^^ He was apparently considered by the management but then deemed to be inferior to Borriello. I just thought I'd give an update as to how Borriello's inferior counterpart is doing.
who cares about huntelaar scoring in spain? i tinhk Borriello started the season well, and would be competing with Pato for our top scorer if it wasn't for injuries. Not worse than huntelaar for sure.
^^ He was apparently considered by the management but then deemed to be inferior to Borriello. I just thought I'd give an update as to how Borriello's inferior counterpart is doing.
Personally, Id consider approaching Real for a swap deal of Ronnie and Klaas.
I never seen Vidic played this bad, I guess it is just one of those rare days.
He is a good player and I wont pretend otherwise. BUT he isnt quick at all and for the price we would have to pay, then Id expect him to have all the tools in the box.
Honestly speaking, if either Zapatta or Santa were put next to Thiago they would be great and clubs like Man City would want them. But instead we show more interest in Mexes, who so overrated its riddiculous.
He is a good player and I wont pretend otherwise. BUT he isnt quick at all and for the price we would have to pay, then Id expect him to have all the tools in the box.
Honestly speaking, if either Zapatta or Santa were put next to Thiago they would be great and clubs like Man City would want them. But instead we show more interest in Mexes, who so overrated its riddiculous.
I can say I agree with you. Only that Zapata is a questionmark right now as the man has barely played this year ...
Santacroce is a player that screams " I can play for Milan" :) but we want to sign Agger and MExes, who are good palyers, but Santacroce will develop his game so high he'll end up being first 11 in Azzuri and then we'll be sorry.
I can say I agree with you. Only that Zapata is a questionmark right now as the man has barely played this year ...
Santacroce is a player that screams " I can play for Milan" :) but we want to sign Agger and MExes, who are good palyers, but Santacroce will develop his game so high he'll end up being first 11 in Azzuri and then we'll be sorry.
The good thing about Zapattas injury, is his price has dropped. But Im sure hes been back for a while now
In England they say Clichy will be our player from the summer for 15mln euro's....
But Clichy has made it clear he wont leave Wenger and Arsenal.. even if they don't make it to the Champions League.. I say good that someone is showing loyalty (even though it doesn't work in our favour).
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5012956,00.html
Graeme C
15-03-2009, 17:14
Santacroce should be a priority ahead of agger and zapata. Milans defence has always been the best when its had Italians at the core.
If Platini's 6+5 rule comes through we should try and get as many of the best italians so Inter can't! :D
ginoformaggino
15-03-2009, 18:57
Past friday, Parma played at Empoli. Nicola Pozzi scored first but take a look at the second and (Paloschi did the third) especially at the fourth Parma goal, in which he strongly recalls me - just because of his right foot touch and when he is on the move - Reijkard. MacDonakd Mariga is his name.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gRkeffOYU
grazie 1000, Hasan, for the clearness in your explanation (http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=526469&postcount=138) :5ok:
I think Vidic is far over-rated. The guy was horrible when we played Man Utd in 2007. I don't know if Milan will ever splash big money on established stars anymore.
WIth this new "philosophy", we either save on a big transfer fee by signing a veteran player (Beckham, Emerson, Ronaldo, etc) or signing a young up and coming talent (Pato, Thiago Silva, etc). When was the last time we saw Milan sign an absolutely world class player for a substantial transfer fee?
He was coming off injury that very game which is kinda why he had a subpar performance. He didn't have the pace yet to keep up with Kaka and I remember Kaka leaving him for dead a couple times.
Gabriel489
16-03-2009, 00:52
I think Vidic is far over-rated. The guy was horrible when we played Man Utd in 2007. I don't know if Milan will ever splash big money on established stars anymore.
WIth this new "philosophy", we either save on a big transfer fee by signing a veteran player (Beckham, Emerson, Ronaldo, etc) or signing a young up and coming talent (Pato, Thiago Silva, etc). When was the last time we saw Milan sign an absolutely world class player for a substantial transfer fee?
About 5-6 yrs ago, with Rui Costa, Pippo and Nesta.
Siena's RB was very impressive last night, we should make him a milan player asap.
About 5-6 yrs ago, with Rui Costa, Pippo and Nesta.
Dude, that was a rhetorical question, Of course, all of us know that the last time we splashed any serious cash for world class footballers was ages ago and that coincided with us winning numerous trophies and still having that same core of players with us til today. Maybe it's time we start investing properly again, and perhaps another cycle of success can begin..
Gabriel489
16-03-2009, 03:18
Dude, I know what you were doing, I was just bored at work.
ACMILAN1983
16-03-2009, 04:15
Past friday, Parma played at Empoli. Nicola Pozzi scored first but take a look at the second and (Paloschi did the third) especially at the fourth Parma goal, in which he strongly recalls me - just because of his right foot touch and when he is on the move - Reijkard. MacDonakd Mariga is his name.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gRkeffOYU
grazie 1000, Hasan, for the clearness in your explanation (http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=526469&postcount=138) :5ok:
Mariga has been linked with us this year if I remember rightly and he does appear to be impressing. Don't know if we necessarily need him, but if we are looking for a DM he's a possibility.
In England they say Clichy will be our player from the summer for 15mln euro's....
Another Gunners ? Senderos who was Arsenal best defender when we signed him couldnt contribute that much this season.. hope our management think to raise or sign Italian defender. So many option here and there at Italy.. Santacroce, Motta, etc.. or give much chances to our youngster..
Another Gunners ? Senderos who was Arsenal best defender when we signed him couldnt contribute that much this season.. hope our management think to raise or sign Italian defender. So many option here and there at Italy.. Santacroce, Motta, etc.. or give much chances to our youngster..
I don't think any Arsenal fan would agree on that! As for buying a new left back, which is imperative (although we could move Zambrotta there if we sign a RB), there aren't many good options who are Italian.
Lebanese
16-03-2009, 04:35
Another Gunners ? Senderos who was Arsenal best defender when we signed him couldnt contribute that much this season.. hope our management think to raise or sign Italian defender. So many option here and there at Italy.. Santacroce, Motta, etc.. or give much chances to our youngster..
LOOL arsenal best defender? where did you get that from?
I don't think any Arsenal fan would agree on that! As for buying a new left back, which is imperative (although we could move Zambrotta there if we sign a RB), there aren't many good options who are Italian.
LOOL arsenal best defender? where did you get that from?
I was talking only his last season with Gunners, boys ^^. He was one of the best defender that season in Arsenal.. perhaps the best ( just accept the word best if u cant accept the best) not in entire Arsenal history.. he is way too far for that LOL..
Filipéz 182
16-03-2009, 05:20
dude what have you been smoking?
You mean better than Sagna or Gallas? LOLL.. If he really was that good, why would Arsene loan him out?
Btw, we're linked with Maxwell. What do you guys think about him? He did well last year, but he's been doing quite terrible this year, that's why Mourinho prefer Santon in LB position. And not to mention he has a long history of injury I think
Peachtot
16-03-2009, 05:36
honestly maxwell was great last year, and this season when i saw him played few times on left side of cambiasso as midfielder i rate him also good. i believe when we manage to splash big cash one for world class target man and 1 world class center back as thiago silva partner then we must spend money smartly in full back or midfield post.
And what i thought is a brasillian 27 y.o who can defend and offend nicely with 5-8 mil. euro price tag will be a good thing economically and necessity
Maxwell is similar to Jankulovski, his advantage is only he defends better than Jankulovski but it is very easy to find fullback that can do better than Janku regarding defensive ability.
I will say no to Maxwell for our starting line-up left fullback. It's better to find another better option. Our defence are horrible and we can't fix it only by inserting WC defender (to partner with Silva) and Maxwell. We need more than that to make our defence great (not only good).
If we already have a defence like we had 5 years ago, Maxwell can be our regular fullback but not now. For squad rotation I don't mind.
Peachtot
16-03-2009, 06:12
no doubt!
if money ain't a factor to consider, then doubtless i will point my finger on maicon as our right fullback then switch zambro to left side ;)
no doubt!
if money ain't a factor to consider, then doubtless i will point my finger on maicon as our right fullback then switch zambro to left side ;)
hehe that's very true, mate. :respect:
hany.Egypt
16-03-2009, 06:21
Btw, we're linked with Maxwell. What do you guys think about him? He did well last year, but he's been doing quite terrible this year, that's why Mourinho prefer Santon in LB position. And not to mention he has a long history of injury I think
I will disagree with my friend Siregar Maxwell is a great fullback, much better than Marek indeed, and his crosses are much better tham Janku's ones, so i would certainly welcome him,............., but who said that Moratti would gamble and sell Milan any player after Pirlo and Seedor NO WAY.
as for Clinchy, hope its true the guy is one of the best around, and could be a massive boost to our squad.
But, all in all, we could have at least use these two years for inserting some young players if we were not to invest properly. Now we have to spend huge money if Milan is to have a serious squad for scudetto and CL race.
This level of bahaviour ( where we eliminate CL or scudetto ) in the start of the season is pathetic and not in the level of ac Milan.
Morratti will invest again, Juve will also be much stronger. one or two good players will not do it for us. And if the coach stays 10 new players will not do it coz Seedorf and Pirlo will play.
Lebanese
16-03-2009, 07:54
no doubt!
if money ain't a factor to consider, then doubtless i will point my finger on maicon as our right fullback then switch zambro to left side ;)
and what makes you think inter is willing to sell his team engine to the arch rival?
Lebanese
16-03-2009, 07:56
But, all in all, we could have at least use these two years for inserting some young players if we were not to invest properly. Now we have to spend huge money if Milan is to have a serious squad for scudetto and CL race.
This level of bahaviour ( where we eliminate CL or scudetto ) in the start of the season is pathetic and not in the level of ac Milan.
Morratti will invest again, Juve will also be much stronger. one or two good players will not do it for us. And if the coach stays 10 new players will not do it coz Seedorf and Pirlo will play.
spot on. we will always look the same old team.
Christian
16-03-2009, 10:13
I will disagree with my friend Siregar Maxwell is a great fullback, much better than Marek indeed, and his crosses are much better tham Janku's ones, so i would certainly welcome him,............., but who said that Moratti would gamble and sell Milan any player after Pirlo and Seedor NO WAY.
as for Clinchy, hope its true the guy is one of the best around, and could be a massive boost to our squad.
His contract is expirering in 2010 and it doesn't look like he's gonna want to renew, according to his agent. So basicly Inter has to sell in the summer, or they'll lose him on a free transfer.
His contract is expirering in 2010 and it doesn't look like he's gonna want to renew, according to his agent. So basicly Inter has to sell in the summer, or they'll lose him on a free transfer.
But they don't have to sell him to Milan. I'd be shocked if they did.
rinogattuso
16-03-2009, 15:28
Ancelotti: "I like MAXWELL"
He also said that Kaka will be fine and probably ready for next Sunday!
Ancelotti: "I like MAXWELL"
He also said that Kaka will be fine and probably ready for next Sunday!
Right when it is reported that Kaka` said, "I'm worried"?
There is a lot of options to revive the team and add some spice with competitions. The only thing is what Mrki said...Carlo will probably keep on playing his own players no matter how bad they are doing.
Anyhow, I think we all agree that we need a LB (or a RB and then we can move Zambro to the left), another CB, a box-to-box midfielder, and a CF (although in my oppinion if Boriello can keep himself healthy and Dinho fit, then the CF should be the last one to be looked at on that list of signings). After all, we have scored 51 goals (as much as Inter)....and the problem doesn't seem to be hitting the back of the net but the slow build up and lack of movement in the middle in addition to a horrible defensive line.
About the options that we might have and might be available.......
I wonder if Lyon would sell Grosso. I know Clichy would be a great option, but he would cost a lot and I would rather see Berlu use that money on a CB and go for a cheaper option on the sides....which is why I like Grosso. I personally think he is a great player and even though he is 31, he can be a great player for at least 2 more years. (of course, if Berlu is willing to invest a lot this summer then I would go for Clichy.....but I doubt we will see that..and I'm afraid that if we splash out on him then we'll go for something very cheap in the middle like Pannuci or Cannavaro) Cannavaro by the way wouldn't be bad as a back up and definately would be an upgrade over Kaladze or Senderos.
Also, I hope our chances on Santacroce just went up with Donadoni there.
Another player I like is D'Agostino. His performances have gone down since the first part of the season, but so have the performances of the whole Udinese team. I think he is a great tool in the middle. Add to that the comeback of Gourcuff (hopefully) and we already have a revitalized middle with a more grip and youth.
rinogattuso
16-03-2009, 16:04
Right when it is reported that Kaka` said, "I'm worried"?
That for Kaka I read this morning et 10:00h maximum on sportmediaset and later on other sites!
Marchetti,goalkeeper from Cagliari is way to close from Milan doors,now when Abiatti is out!
Rosson3r
16-03-2009, 19:28
Marchetti,goalkeeper from Cagliari is way to close from Milan doors,now when Abiatti is out! I hope becouse now he is one of the best goalkeeper in Italy and still is yong, Maxwell or Clischy I hope Clischy becose he is lot bether and faster then Maxwell, but if Maxwell come that woud be wondifool becouse he is stil yong, and wery god wingback 100 time bether then Jankulovski, whatever I just hope one of them and it wold be grait,
--------------Pato(Boriello)
Ronaldinho(Sedorf) Kaka Gourcuff
-----(Flamini,Pirlo,Gatusso)-I dont know but 2 from 3 them ,one to bench
Maxwell(Clichy) Thago Silva ? hope Nesta, Mattioni
------------- Marchetti
Bench, Viudez, Cardacio, PIPO, Agger?, Boriello, Sedorf, Abiati, Abate, Palochi, Albertazzi, Darmian.Zambrota, Antonini, Ambrosini?
P.S. Sory on my English:(
Peachtot
16-03-2009, 19:50
and what makes you think inter is willing to sell his team engine to the arch rival?
the point i've said previously is when we only talk about great player for our fullback not considering finance factor or rivalry factor as you mention later.
anyhow, there's always possibility we can get maicon if we eager to splash out big cash though as rational it's thin chance to happened ;)
edysupriadi
17-03-2009, 01:01
t
anyhow, there's always possibility we can get maicon if we eager to splash out big cash though as rational it's thin chance to happened ;)
dont forget we have Leo, with him we could get any Brazilians in the world to play for us ! :rock3:
Peachtot
17-03-2009, 01:19
--------------Pato(Boriello)
Ronaldinho(Sedorf) Kaka Gourcuff
-----(Flamini,Pirlo,Gatusso)-I dont know but 2 from 3 them ,one to bench
Maxwell(Clichy) Thago Silva ? hope Nesta, Mattioni
------------- Marchetti
i dont know why and always ask to myself this thing :
why many milan fans keep believe in Dinho's ability overall (included his physical aspect) to play in high level particularly as starting XI in milan ?
day by day, his performance doesnt convincing me any longer
Lebanese
17-03-2009, 03:44
i dont know why and always ask to myself this thing :
why many milan fans keep believe in Dinho's ability overall (included his physical aspect) to play in high level particularly as starting XI in milan ?
day by day, his performance doesnt convincing me any longer
Peachtot dinho is just like any other player needs to feel motivated, confident and above all Ancelotti must have blind faith in him.
blame it to ancelotti, he has done it with rivaldo, gourcuff, gila and now with ronnie and flamini. when you are morally destroyed you can never come up with a good performance do you remember when gourcuff said he feels he lost his touch? its exactly ancelotti's mistake here, when a talented player just train fitness and pass the ball to pirlo, seedorf or kaka how do you expect him to progress with his career? he will lose his touch, his morale and absolutely he will not train.
ancelotti should be much more professional and more open to new players and fully aware that change is good sometimes. and in football just like in life some freedom in play wont hurt but benefit the team especially when you have ronnie.
most of you have already given up hope that he will recover his old form but we are totally ignoring the reasons behind this.
i am not bashing ancelotti here i am just describing the case the way i see it.net
Rosson3r
17-03-2009, 05:37
i dont know why and always ask to myself this thing :
why many milan fans keep believe in Dinho's ability overall (included his physical aspect) to play in high level particularly as starting XI in milan ?
day by day, his performance doesnt convincing me any longer
maybe some low game, but remember how much he give us this sesone, he bring us a 3 agianst Inter, and Later in soupele of games, he isnt Dinho forom Barca but when he decide to play he is wery god, and with new traner i hope he can fiand motivation.
PS. Sry on my Eglish:(
hany.Egypt
17-03-2009, 05:48
His contract is expirering in 2010 and it doesn't look like he's gonna want to renew, according to his agent. So basicly Inter has to sell in the summer, or they'll lose him on a free transfer.
I did not know that he will be free by 2010, if its true then Inter will difenetly sell to any other team in the world but Milan, remmber that Juve needs a LB and still wants to make us pay for Flamini, so
1-Inter does not want to sell to Milan.
2-Juve needs a left Fullback.
3-Maxwell to juve not Milan.
ACMILAN1983
17-03-2009, 05:49
Just read Leonardo is trying to convince Amauri to come to Milan. The supposed catch is Amauri's wife and Kaka's wife are friends. Somehow I don't get the impression the deal will come through. :tong:
Peachtot
17-03-2009, 06:52
Peachtot dinho is just like any other player needs to feel motivated, confident and above all Ancelotti must have blind faith in him.
Confident ? A player like Dinho absolutely has all the confident players needed in himself. When he missed passed or shot off target he always smile and shake his head. When his mate passed the ball towards him and he cant reach the ball, he gave a clap or thumb up sign to mate who passed. so i think this reason dont make any sense
Blind fate ? Oh.. i think all of us know he had faith on Dinho. But unfortunately Carletto must share the same blind fate equally to him and seedorf :D
Motivated ? Yes, i agree he's lacked of motivation. though in many times Dinho said that he fully motivated to play in milan since the 1st time he came.
The main reason he cant performed (at level i expected) is physical fitness. He lost what he had in Barca great muscle to keep the ball with his body, speed to sprint and past over and his shoot power
blame it to ancelotti, he has done it with rivaldo, gourcuff, gila and now with ronnie and flamini. when you are morally destroyed you can never come up with a good performance do you remember when gourcuff said he feels he lost his touch? its exactly ancelotti's mistake here, when a talented player just train fitness and pass the ball to pirlo, seedorf or kaka how do you expect him to progress with his career? he will lose his touch, his morale and absolutely he will not train.
In Dinho case, i wont blame Carlo. Management bought almost finished player, made a great welcome party and blow up in media bla..bla.. then fans expected much from him (as he used to be in barca). But in football nowadays, PHYSICAL ASPECT play bigger part than before.
ancelotti should be much more professional and more open to new players and fully aware that change is good sometimes. and in football just like in life some freedom in play wont hurt but benefit the team especially when you have ronnie.
Freedom ?
Well, when carlo play with 4-3-2-1 with 2 trequarista (i.e Dinho & Kaka) means those 2 trequarista has all freedom needed to run, dribble and distributed the ball. But the fact, Dinho only play in left flank with ball on his feet and passed the ball to players around near him like janku (LB) or Max (LM) or Pato (the one and only striker on pitch who often moved to left side to get the ball). Even Kaka tend to play at left side either.
That's why our "ship" always lean to left side when we set to attack
Lebanese
17-03-2009, 08:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BEEYtYx3Jw
Guys Watch this and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCEfzUqoF0
My first transfer is to get the current doctor teams out and hear a world-class one.
The amount of injury is just incredible; and why are players allowed to go back to play when they are not fully recovered (e.g., Nesta, Borriello, Kaka`)
Or perhaps it's Ancelotti's training fault. I do'nt know.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.