View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
sheva-gila
29-05-2009, 04:04
do anyone knows what Berlusconi told to C.ronaldo after CL final
guess: come to milan?
Frankly, I don't care about Gourcuff. I don't understand why people are getting mad at Galli, he could do nothing. In the contract it says, if Bordeux come up with 15 million, then Gourcuff is their's.
Here is the other thing, if Gourcuff WANTED to come back to Milan, he would have.
Thats so wrong!!you cant be serious dude..if we wanted gourcuf back we could have him in 5 minutes whatever clause we had with bordeux..for christ sake we had to face bordeux not real madrid,and we couldnt convince gorky to come back???
asfor the 2nd bolded part:
if milan wanted gourcuf back then he would WANT to come back..
psi disagree with most of your points but i dont have much time right now..
why are you even mentioning Cardacio, viudez and mattioni :D they havent played 1 minute of serious football all together! are these brilliant buys? :haha:
and of those players, only Flamini has actually had any real playing time - and that was only because of a thinning backline where Flamini was an emergency RB.
Am I saying any of the players you listed are bad? NO! But they have not played, even garbage minutes.
Milan will just stick with it's :1old: .
So, do you guys think Milan bought those players to spend their whole careers behind a neverending revolving door of grizzled veterans? Remember, had I mentioned Pato on Jan. 1, 2008, you could have said the same thing about him. And for that matter, how did he manage to sneak in there if it's true that Milan won't play anyone under the age of 34?
slifersd
29-05-2009, 05:28
So, do you guys think Milan bought those players to spend their whole careers behind a neverending revolving door of grizzled veterans? Remember, had I mentioned Pato on Jan. 1, 2008, you could have said the same thing about him. And for that matter, how did he manage to sneak in there if it's true that Milan won't play anyone under the age of 34?
The fact that we ran out of 34 year old strikers to play up front?
So Ancelotti and the management did things right for one young player in all those years, big deal! It hardly justifies their atrocious record handling all the other youngsters they brought in. The mere fact that we have virtually the same rotation as we did in 2003 should tell you about how well the management and coach signed and trained the young players.
gregapenny
29-05-2009, 06:14
Look here's the deal about Gourcuff. Last summer we loaned him to Bordeaux and it was immediately known that Bordeaux can make it permanent at the end of the season. So we already knew one year ago that it is out of our hands. There is a law in France that says that if the player is loaned to a french club than there has to be a buyout clause.
Look guys if Bordeaux came in last summer and wanted to take Gourcuff for 15 million euros you would be jumping around and hailing Galliani... Now, you are accusing him for a thing that was out of his hands. Bordeaux had an option to buy him and they did. And when Galliani and Leonardo flew to Bordeaux they were not allowed to speak to Gourcuff directly, but only to directors of Bordeaux. That was it... If you look at it, we bought Gourcuff for 4 million euros and sold him for 15. That's just business...
Then he should have been loaned alswhere and not in France.
Now, does anyone know what is the situation with Criscito? Is he 100% Juve player or what? Juve is trying to sign a LB according to calciomercato.com: Grosso, Dossena... I expected Juve to play Criscito next year but maybe they will opt for someone more experienced.
Arnautovic will soon become Inter player, he has his medical now ( today, tommorow...).
rinogattuso
29-05-2009, 06:18
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.calciomercato.it%2Fnews%2F49737%2FCLAMOROSO-IL-MILAN-CHIAMA-RONALDO.html&sl=it&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Gabriel489
29-05-2009, 06:23
Well, if it is a business per say, then we should also sell Kaka and Pato as they both are worth twice if not more as much as we bought them.
How about Pirlo too, as we traded for him, so even if we sell him for 2 mil thats like doubling what we got him for.
The thing is Galli and Milan could have put the buy out clause at 30mil or 40mil or even 50mil. You might say that well, thats stupid as Gourcuff is not worth that much last year...but do you honestly think Gourcuff is worth 15mil last year too?
What I think is that Bordeaux just came in with a loan offer and a buy out of 15mil? Instead of countering, Galli just went, sure why not....
You might say that if someone came in last year and buy Gourcuff for 15mil, we would be happy.... the fact is we did not sell him last year and we really could use him for the next few years but once again the MGT screwed up.
I would rather see we sold Gourcuff last summer for 5 mil or less than losing him for 15mil now.
That's just business...
A bad business I say. :)
What I think is that Bordeaux just came in with a loan offer and a buy out of 15mil? Instead of countering, Galli just went, sure why not....
You might say that if someone came in last year and buy Gourcuff for 15mil, we would be happy.... the fact is we did not sell him last year and we really could use him for the next few years but once again the MGT screwed up.
I would rather see we sold Gourcuff last summer for 5 mil or less than losing him for 15mil now.
But none of this explains Galliani's inability to convince Gourcuff to come back to Milan despite very early signs that he was going to be big this season. Hostility towards him continued throughout the season and the few public statements about wanting him back were no consolation. That this where Yohann was lost not in the contract.
Then he should have been loaned alswhere and not in France.
Now, does anyone know what is the situation with Criscito? Is he 100% Juve player or what? Juve is trying to sign a LB according to calciomercato.com: Grosso, Dossena... I expected Juve to play Criscito next year but maybe they will opt for someone more experienced.
Arnautovic will soon become Inter player, he has his medical now ( today, tommorow...).
I believe he is co-owned by Juve and Genoa. If I was in charge at Juve I would definately bring back Criscito and play him at LB, instead of signing an old player like Grosso, who unlike Zambrotta was never world class. But Secco seems keen on selling all their prospects (Nocerino, Palladino, almost Giovinco etc.). Milan and Juve are really battling it out for the title of "worst run club in Europe"...
So Ancelotti and the management did things right for one young player in all those years, big deal! It hardly justifies their atrocious record handling all the other youngsters they brought in. The mere fact that we have virtually the same rotation as we did in 2003 should tell you about how well the management and coach signed and trained the young players.
Players who started 15 games or more during the 2008-09 Serie A season who also started 15 or more games in 2002-03: Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo.
If my calculations are correct, that adds up to three. If you want to go to 10 games started, we can toss in Pippo, Gattuso and Kaladze. Either way, it's hardly "virtually the same rotation" as in 2003. :rollani:
ACMILAN1983
29-05-2009, 07:24
Look here's the deal about Gourcuff. Last summer we loaned him to Bordeaux and it was immediately known that Bordeaux can make it permanent at the end of the season. So we already knew one year ago that it is out of our hands. There is a law in France that says that if the player is loaned to a french club than there has to be a buyout clause.
Look guys if Bordeaux came in last summer and wanted to take Gourcuff for 15 million euros you would be jumping around and hailing Galliani... Now, you are accusing him for a thing that was out of his hands. Bordeaux had an option to buy him and they did. And when Galliani and Leonardo flew to Bordeaux they were not allowed to speak to Gourcuff directly, but only to directors of Bordeaux. That was it... If you look at it, we bought Gourcuff for 4 million euros and sold him for 15. That's just business...
Firstly, it was never out of our hands as we owned him. He was loaned out due to his struggles in Milan and he himself on many occasions spoke about returning to Italy and Milan next season, the final decision was always his.
Also, Galliani and Leonardo had every right to speak to Gourcuff, when they flew out he was our player. There was no reason we couldn't speak to him personally about returning and I'm Galliani and Leo did. Bordeaux cannot prevent us from talking to him, as he was under contract with Milan, not with Bordeaux.
MiamiMilanista
29-05-2009, 07:47
Today's Rumor. Berlusconi tells Ronaldo to come to Milan.
Berlusconi a Ronaldo: "Vieni al Milan"
29.05.2009 14.22 di Alessio Calfapietra articolo letto 2035 volte
Il Milan potrebbe sparigliare le carte in vista della prossima stagione. L'ormai scontato avvento di Leonardo sulla panchina del Milan (annuncio dopo la gara contro la Fiorentina) darą avvio ad una ristrutturazione significativa della rosa. Silvio Berlusconi vuole dare una scossa all'ambiente e mostrare ai tifosi che la sua capacitą di spesa č immutata portando a Milano Cristiano Ronaldo (24). La conferma arriva dallo stesso Premier, il quale, come riportato da Sette Gold, ha rivelato di aver detto al portoghese che "sarebbe un onore vederlo al Milan". Le immagini tv della premiazione post-partita di Roma, con Berlusconi che parla all'orecchio di Ronaldo, ricevendo un sorriso di assenso, hanno dato vita ad una serie di indiscrezioni che ora trovano un riscontro ufficiale. Il Milan dunque proverą ad acquistare Cristiano Ronaldo dal Manchester United. Il colpo del secolo che potrebbe fare seguito alla sempre pił probabile partenza di Kaką verso il Real Madrid.
Also, Galliani and Leonardo had every right to speak to Gourcuff, when they flew out he was our player. There was no reason we couldn't speak to him personally about returning and I'm Galliani and Leo did. Bordeaux cannot prevent us from talking to him, as he was under contract with Milan, not with Bordeaux.
I would like to know how much milan directors/coaches/scouts talked to him before that trip or what was said by Leo and Gal...
There are 2 options either Gorky felt that milan don't belive enough in him or Gorky doesn't belive in him self. Since I doubt Bourdeaux to be his last team I think it's the the first.
Besides we have some problems persuading players to come here other than Brazilians. Remember last year we had a deal for Hugo Lloris but he chose Lyon instead of Milan.
Maybe Leo's French isn't that good after all and he can only use the swearwords.
You might say that if someone came in last year and buy Gourcuff for 15mil, we would be happy.... the fact is we did not sell him last year and we really could use him for the next few years but once again the MGT screwed up.
I could be wrong but I think Arsenal wanted to buy him last year and the way Englisch clubs tend to splash out I don think it was les than 5-10mil instead we opted to loan him out...
So, according to the Daily Telegraph, once Carlo is named Chelsea manager next week, he plans to take Pirlo with him. But Milan is quoting a price of £20 million.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/5402462/AC-Milan-Andrea-Pirlo-will-cost-Chelsea-20-million.html
Then he should have been loaned alswhere and not in France.
What's the point to loan him elsewhere than France (or Italy) ??
His family is in France, he is French, he always played in France except when he came to Milan, so France was the right country for him, don't you think so ? About this rule with clauses in loan contracts, it's false, loans can be done in France without any option to buy the player at the end ...
Does Berlusconi want to take C.Ronaldo to realize the dream of Florentino Perez to have both Kaka' and C.Ronaldo together in his team ?? :D
Gabriel489
29-05-2009, 08:22
Players who started 15 games or more during the 2008-09 Serie A season who also started 15 or more games in 2002-03: Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo.
If my calculations are correct, that adds up to three. If you want to go to 10 games started, we can toss in Pippo, Gattuso and Kaladze. Either way, it's hardly "virtually the same rotation" as in 2003. :rollani:
Well, if Nesta was healthy he would have played 15 games.
If Gattuso did not get injured, he would have played more than 15 games.
Same goes for Pippo.
So pls don't draw facts here and there and put together a conclusion that Milan squad is improving.
Gabriel489
29-05-2009, 08:23
Pirlo at this stage for 20MIl pounds is a great deal.
What about Mrs. Carlo, Slowdorf, he is worth at least 8mil pounds.
Pls also bring Kaladze too.
Can't wait to see that happen
Just one more thing, was Gourcuff 15Mil Euro or pounds?
Any other player like Xavi, Iniesta which is not impossible to get?
If Pirlo goes, I think we will lack of creativity in the midfield from such players.
Pirlo at this stage for 20MIl pounds is a great deal.
What about Mrs. Carlo, Slowdorf, he is worth at least 8mil pounds.
Pls also bring Kaladze too.
Can't wait to see that happen
Just one more thing, was Gourcuff 15Mil Euro or pounds?
So, if I understand your post, you want us to sell 3 experienced players who can still be useful if they are used properly ?
Yeah, a nice way to run the club ... and end 10th next year.
It is 15M .
Gabriel489
29-05-2009, 08:34
Well, he has not been creating much for the past two years.
The thing is this, and I think it is true to some extent. If we can get into CL like 3rd place. Berlu will spend huge for our new coach. I would not be surprise if someone like De Rossi, C7 or Cesc will come in to play for us.
As long as we can direct qualify for CL, Berlu will spend big
Gabriel489
29-05-2009, 08:35
So, if I understand your post, you want us to sell 3 experienced players who can still be useful if they are used properly ?
Yeah, a nice way to run the club ... and end 10th next year.
It is 15M .
Honestly, Pirlo is useful, but I really can't even put useful in the same sentence while talking about Seedorf and Kaladze.
Any other player like Xavi, Iniesta which is not impossible to get?
If Pirlo goes, I think we will lack of creativity in the midfield from such players.
There was a young, very promising player in France, I think he played for Bastia...No, was it Boulogne? Oh, wait, it was Bordeaux...Yes, I think his name was Johann Gourmand, or something like that.
:2whis:
There was a young, very promising player in France, I think he played for Bastia...No, was it Boulogne? Oh, wait, it was Bordeaux...Yes, I think his name was Johann Gourmand, or something like that.
:2whis:
No, I don't mean player like Gourcuff. I think he is still not a calibre of Xavi, Iniesta, etc regarnding the creativity. What I mean is a midfielder or attacking midfielder who can set up and playmake the game.
Well, if Nesta was healthy he would have played 15 games.
If Gattuso did not get injured, he would have played more than 15 games.
Same goes for Pippo.
So pls don't draw facts here and there and put together a conclusion that Milan squad is improving.
I didn't comment one way or the other regarding whether or not Milan was improving. I was merely stating THE facts regarding whether or not Milan has "virtually the same rotation" as in 2003.
But while we're at it,,,,
So then you think Milan was better off without Nesta since he would have been another "old guy" in the rotation? Without Gattuso? Without Pippo before he came in and started scoring goals like crazy? If players can still perform at a very high level, why get rid of them? Just for the sake of getting rid of them and being able to claim a younger roster?
There was a time in football when clubs developed young players to replace older ones when they retired or could no longer play at a high level. Now it seems nobody is patient enough to do that. Everybody has to throw money around and bring in established stars. I named several young players that Milan has brought in over the past couple of years to develop and eventually, if they pan out, replace some of the older players in the lineup, just as Pato has and as Kaka did before him.
Most of you, it seems, just want to rent players. If a player is 28, you complain that he's too old to add to the squad. If he's 20 and not ready to step in and be a world class player just yet, you're still not satisfied (and apparently those don't even count). It seems that everyone wants Milan to just sign established world class players who are 24 years old to four-year contracts then replace them with other 24-year-olds when they turn 28. You complain about Milan being a "galactico" team like Real Madrid, but you're only satisfied if Milan buys established stars.
I want to see Milan get younger as well because some of the players are becoming more injury-prone and skills are beginning to diminish. But it would be stupid to just cast all of them off all at once and bring in a whole new squad. You bring in a few players to fill pressing needs and you develop young players to replace the older ones as they become ready over the next few seasons. Milan has been doing that in bringing in the players I mentioned, so it's ridiculous to always hear this whining that "all Milan will do is bring in more 34-year olds," which is what I was responding to when I mentioned the promising young players Milan has bought recently.
We sold Shevchenko and replaced him with Oliveira
We tried to sell Kaka and replaced him with Ronaldinio
We loaned Gourcuff and replaced him with Emerson
We have sold Gourcuff and effectively replaced him with Beckham
We have lost Serghinio and replaced him with a midfielder - Janku
We have lost Nesta and Maldini and replaced them with Thiago (Unproven), Bonera(Unworthy), Favalli (Unyoung), Senderos (uneverything)
We lost Dida (to form) and replaced him with Abbiati who flopped for us in the past and now we are back depending on Dida
We lost Cafu, many of us hoped for Alves or a young replacement, we got Zambro who will need part-exchangig soon
We can sell Pirlo, but if you guys think we are going to get someone like Iniesta or Xavi then you are on another planet.
The club is in rot.Another poster once posted the phrase - "One stitch in time, saves nine". In a team of 11 players we literally only have two world class players we can pin our hopes on for the next 5 years (Kaka and Pato). The other 9 stiches are broken!!
I have been saying since last summer this management does not have a clue. There is not strategy, no direction, insufficient finances to fund world class transfers and no tactics. We are in no better than Firoentina or Roma. The only players who are under 30 of world class ability in our entire squad are Pato and Kaka. Does that not bring home the message that under the current management we have no future as a World giant anymore. Inter Milan and Juventus will share the Italian championship for the next 10 years and Barca + EPL teams will share the CL trophies.
Gabriel489
29-05-2009, 09:36
I didn't comment one way or the other regarding whether or not Milan was improving. I was merely stating THE facts regarding whether or not Milan has "virtually the same rotation" as in 2003.
But while we're at it,,,,
So then you think Milan was better off without Nesta since he would have been another "old guy" in the rotation? Without Gattuso? Without Pippo before he came in and started scoring goals like crazy? If players can still perform at a very high level, why get rid of them? Just for the sake of getting rid of them and being able to claim a younger roster?
There was a time in football when clubs developed young players to replace older ones when they retired or could no longer play at a high level. Now it seems nobody is patient enough to do that. Everybody has to throw money around and bring in established stars. I named several young players that Milan has brought in over the past couple of years to develop and eventually, if they pan out, replace some of the older players in the lineup, just as Pato has and as Kaka did before him.
Most of you, it seems, just want to rent players. If a player is 28, you complain that he's too old to add to the squad. If he's 20 and not ready to step in and be a world class player just yet, you're still not satisfied (and apparently those don't even count). It seems that everyone wants Milan to just sign established world class players who are 24 years old to four-year contracts then replace them with other 24-year-olds when they turn 28. You complain about Milan being a "galactico" team like Real Madrid, but you're only satisfied if Milan buys established stars.
I want to see Milan get younger as well because some of the players are becoming more injury-prone and skills are beginning to diminish. But it would be stupid to just cast all of them off all at once and bring in a whole new squad. You bring in a few players to fill pressing needs and you develop young players to replace the older ones as they become ready over the next few seasons. Milan has been doing that in bringing in the players I mentioned, so it's ridiculous to always hear this whining that "all Milan will do is bring in more 34-year olds," which is what I was responding to when I mentioned the promising young players Milan has bought recently.
Well, I understand your point, but just want you to know. I had been one of those who kept saying as long as we bring back Gourcuff, Abate and DiGennero our midfield is pretty set.
What I don't understand your point of view is that you believe Milan is bringing in players to replace the existing ones, well, with the exception of Pato and T. Silva, who have they brought in that can replace the existing players, better yet, do they even have a chance to prove themselves?
Flamini is probably one of the best DM in the world last season, what happened to him if Gattuso and Ambrosini were healthy, he was stuck on the bench behind Emerson. If he cannot adapt to RB, he would not even be playing esp since Beckham is here. Then there is Dinho, for all his fitness woes, he is always behind Seedorf for play time, despite the fact that Seedorf is pure crap. Mattioni is suppose to be the next big RB coming out of Brazil, he got what 5 mins official game time.
What about Bonera, who I think everyone here would agree is a much better player than Kaladze and Senderous, maybe he is injured all the time this year, but the fact that he is behind Kaladze and Senderous show you something about Carlo as a coach. Also, he is hardly a replacement for Nesta or Maldini, heck, he is not even close to the likes of Stam and Billy.
I am not going to get into Viudez, Cardacio and Darmain as I can't really judge them based on the few minutes I saw them play.
Now ofcourse it would be great if Milan can just go out and sign Santacroce, Srna, Canini, De Rossi, C7, Benzema and other WC players in one summer. But to me, as long as guys like Seedorf, Kaladze, Dida, Sheva, Senderous and even the likes of Pirlo and Janku leaves and Milan only recall all its players
like Abate, De Gennaro, Polashi, and give play time to Darmian, Mattioni, Cardacio, Alberterzzi, Viudez and even Strassuer. I could careless if we finish in the 10th spot b/c I would no longer need to see players play without passion, intensity, and heart and only shows up and do crap but still play week in and week out.
All I want to see are players who play with all they have and shows that they want to win and not players who just walk around the pitch and earn a big fat paycheck while people still defend them by saying, hey, blame the MGT for giving out stupid contracts and not the players.
It truly was a disgrace that the players did not even show up for the match against Roma until the 65mins or so. Thats need to be stop.
For me, I do want guys like Dida, Seedorf and others like them to be gone from Milan, as I think they are not worthy to play for a team like us as they just lack the passion week in and week out.
I think Milan is at a point beyond a little upgrade here and there, it needs house cleaning from top to bottom.
ACMILAN1983
29-05-2009, 09:43
I would like to know how much milan directors/coaches/scouts talked to him before that trip or what was said by Leo and Gal...
There are 2 options either Gorky felt that milan don't belive enough in him or Gorky doesn't belive in him self. Since I doubt Bourdeaux to be his last team I think it's the the first.
Besides we have some problems persuading players to come here other than Brazilians. Remember last year we had a deal for Hugo Lloris but he chose Lyon instead of Milan.
Maybe Leo's French isn't that good after all and he can only use the swearwords.
Well, we can't be sure exactly how much they talked to him before that visit. Personally, I doubt it was enough as Gourcuff himself said around halfway through the system that no one from Milan had even contacted him.
In all honesty, we can't guarantee him CL football next season yet (Bordeaux can), we can't guarantee him first team football (Bordeaux can), we didn't appear to show much interest in him until fairly recently (he's Bordeaux's hero) and he didn't exactly have a positive time when he was with us (. On top of that, everyone knows Domenech is biased against Italy based players, which would hamper Gourcuff's world cup hopes. lol, Can we blame him for leaving?
Pirlo at this stage for 20MIl pounds is a great deal.
What about Mrs. Carlo, Slowdorf, he is worth at least 8mil pounds.
Pls also bring Kaladze too.
Can't wait to see that happen
Just one more thing, was Gourcuff 15Mil Euro or pounds?
As you know I'm well against Pirlo leaving Milan, but the other two I'd let leave without too much thought.
Gourcuff was 15m euros.
Well, let's take a look at this list:
We sold Shevchenko and replaced him with Oliveira
Who, it turned out wasn't quite healthy enough to contribute, so we replaced him with Pato. A young, dynamic Pato to replace an aging Sheva? Not a bad deal.
We tried to sell Kaka and replaced him with Ronaldinio
Milan didn't try to sell Kaka. And Ronaldinho didn't replace him.
We loaned Gourcuff and replaced him with Emerson
Emerson was brought in long before Gourcuff was loaned out. And he was hardly a "replacement" for Gourcuff. Hyperbole doesn't help your case any.
We have sold Gourcuff and effectively replaced him with Beckham
Beckham is on loan. He still belongs to the Galaxy. And unlike Gourcuff, he was able to win a spot in the starting lineup most weeks (and played much better than Gourcuff ever did for Milan). How can both Emerson and Beckham be replacements for Gourcuff when Gourcuff wasn't even playing all that much in his second year at Milan?
We have lost Serghinio and replaced him with a midfielder - Janku
Serginho is 38 years old. So now you're complaining that Milan's squad isn't old enough?
We have lost Nesta and Maldini and replaced them with Thiago (Unproven), Bonera(Unworthy), Favalli (Unyoung), Senderos (uneverything)
Nesta was injured. Maldini will retire in his 40s. This season isn't even over yet, so why not wait and see who plays in central defense in August before you jump off a bridge or something.
We lost Dida (to form) and replaced him with Abbiati who flopped for us in the past and now we are back depending on Dida
Abbiati was fantastic before he got hurt. What do you want?
We lost Cafu, many of us hoped for Alves or a young replacement, we got Zambro who will need part-exchangig soon
Cafu is 39. Compared to him, Zambrotta (who is 32) is a young replacement. And Zambrotta has played great for Milan. Some have called Felipe "the new Cafu." Why not let an excellent player like Zambrotta hold down the fort until Felipe is ready? It would be stupid to throw around $20 million or more on the "world class" right back you want when there's already a likely future one waiting in the wings. What do you do with Felipe then?
We can sell Pirlo, but if you guys think we are going to get someone like Iniesta or Xavi then you are on another planet.
Why does a replacement for Pirlo have to be one of the top handful of midfielders in the world? It's always fantasy football with some of you guys. You want something that will look impressive on paper and you want it now. What would be so terrible about replacing Pirlo with someone such as Hernanes?
The club is in rot.Another poster once posted the phrase - "One stitch in time, saves nine". In a team of 11 players we literally only have two world class players we can pin our hopes on for the next 5 years (Kaka and Pato). The other 9 stiches are broken!!
So every player except Kaka and Pato sucks?
I have been saying since last summer this management does not have a clue. There is not strategy, no direction, insufficient finances to fund world class transfers and no tactics. We are in no better than Firoentina or Roma. The only players who are under 30 of world class ability in our entire squad are Pato and Kaka. Does that not bring home the message that under the current management we have no future as a World giant anymore. Inter Milan and Juventus will share the Italian championship for the next 10 years and Barca + EPL teams will share the CL trophies.
More hyperbole. Very few clubs have more than two players who are as good as Kaka and Pato. You can count them on one hand. Again, this is not fantasy football. Milan is not Chelsea. Milan is not Manchester City. To just be throwing money around on big name players is not a strategy or a direction.
What's the point to loan him elsewhere than France (or Italy) ??
His family is in France, he is French, he always played in France except when he came to Milan, so France was the right country for him, don't you think so ? About this rule with clauses in loan contracts, it's false, loans can be done in France without any option to buy the player at the end ...
Then my post is irrelevant if the clause was not obligated. If it was ( hipotetically ) then we could have loaned him to some serie a club.
About Berlusconi and C.Ronaldo, Silvio will offer 12 mln to United and maybe Boriello...
And about Pirlo: I expect him to play better once he needs to work for his place. I do expect Seedorf to leave Milan if Carlo leaves next week. But I wouldnt sell Pirlo unless Milan has someone like Fabregas in mind to replace him.
A player to replace Seedorf, however, could be Hernanes at the price around 15mln.
Well, I understand your point, but just want you to know. I had been one of those who kept saying as long as we bring back Gourcuff, Abate and DiGennero our midfield is pretty set.
What I don't understand your point of view is that you believe Milan is bringing in players to replace the existing ones, well, with the exception of Pato and T. Silva, who have they brought in that can replace the existing players, better yet, do they even have a chance to prove themselves?
Flamini is probably one of the best DM in the world last season, what happened to him if Gattuso and Ambrosini were healthy, he was stuck on the bench behind Emerson. If he cannot adapt to RB, he would not even be playing esp since Beckham is here. Then there is Dinho, for all his fitness woes, he is always behind Seedorf for play time, despite the fact that Seedorf is pure crap. Mattioni is suppose to be the next big RB coming out of Brazil, he got what 5 mins official game time.
What about Bonera, who I think everyone here would agree is a much better player than Kaladze and Senderous, maybe he is injured all the time this year, but the fact that he is behind Kaladze and Senderous show you something about Carlo as a coach. Also, he is hardly a replacement for Nesta or Maldini, heck, he is not even close to the likes of Stam and Billy.
I am not going to get into Viudez, Cardacio and Darmain as I can't really judge them based on the few minutes I saw them play.
Now ofcourse it would be great if Milan can just go out and sign Santacroce, Srna, Canini, De Rossi, C7, Benzema and other WC players in one summer. But to me, as long as guys like Seedorf, Kaladze, Dida, Sheva, Senderous and even the likes of Pirlo and Janku leaves and Milan only recall all its players
like Abate, De Gennaro, Polashi, and give play time to Darmian, Mattioni, Cardacio, Alberterzzi, Viudez and even Strassuer. I could careless if we finish in the 10th spot b/c I would no longer need to see players play without passion, intensity, and heart and only shows up and do crap but still play week in and week out.
All I want to see are players who play with all they have and shows that they want to win and not players who just walk around the pitch and earn a big fat paycheck while people still defend them by saying, hey, blame the MGT for giving out stupid contracts and not the players.
It truly was a disgrace that the players did not even show up for the match against Roma until the 65mins or so. Thats need to be stop.
For me, I do want guys like Dida, Seedorf and others like them to be gone from Milan, as I think they are not worthy to play for a team like us as they just lack the passion week in and week out.
I think Milan is at a point beyond a little upgrade here and there, it needs house cleaning from top to bottom.
Well, I suppose I'm looking more at the long picture. I would not mind seeing Seedorf go either. Favali as well. And Dida (although he was valuable after Abbiati was injured). Certainly Sheva is just taking up a roster space, but he's a Chelsea player on loan and can be sent back easy enough. I don't even think Ronaldinho is necessary. I wouldn't even complain if Pirlo followed Carlo to Chelsea if Milan could get a good price for him. But when you start talking about a "house cleaning from top to bottom" it sounds as though you'd also like to get rid of Gattuso, Ambrosini, Janku, Zambrotta, Nesta, etc., as well as Pirlo and Ronaldinho.
Most of those players still have some good football left in them. It would seem to me that players such as Thiago, Felipe, Cardacio, Viudez, etc., should be ready to replace some of the older players over the next few years if Milan's scouts were right about them. Cardacio (a creative midfielder in the Pirlo mold) and Viudez (who was only 17 when he was Cardacio's teammate in the U-20 World Cup in 2007) are considered two of South America's most promising young talents.
But I wouldnt sell Pirlo unless Milan has someone like Fabregas in mind to replace him.
I agree with this. There arent many players who can replace Pirlo in right manner. Those who can a hard to acquire. We need Pirlo, he gave as an edge before, he can do it again.
HO-YOUNG
29-05-2009, 12:12
Congrats to Barca and their belief in youth (coach and Players)... I envy their style....
i hope Leonardo can emulate Guardiola...
The whole selling of Gourcuff is a shame... with Gourcuff's cryptonite (carlo) leaving we should have brought him back... but i will not argue over spilt milk...
i am not good at replacing individuals but i can sure get rid of them... any one on our management team you guys want to get rid off?
I dont like having situations that i have n control or influence on... this leads me to "hope"... and i hate Hoping...
but for now i hope to see Srna, Elano, Montolivo, Milito, Filipe in Milan squad next year...
i also need a new Kaka Shirt with the #10 on the back...
Blacktop
29-05-2009, 12:16
We didn't try to replace Kaka with Dinho, Janku arrived long before Serginho called it quits, and Abs wasn't flopping much this season.
I'm not completely sold on our younger players after their poor performance in the Albania friendly. If these guys couldn't jell in a meaningless game like that, then how do we expect them to do so in league play? The signings of Viudez and Cardacio were completely pointless; guess we didn't learn our lesson from signing Grimi.
I think we all know Seedorf falls flat in the passion category, but Dida's shown more drive this season than he did all of last, as he knew he had something to prove in addition to having been handed a golden opportunity following Abs' injury, and therefore he's worthy of staying for one last season, especially with Abs being a question mark following his recovery. I'm no Becks fan but at least he showed more ambition in his pinky finger than Ronaldinho in his whole body, while Nesta and Gattuso are dying to get back on the pitch more than anyone. Therefore, to say that the players "lack passion" is silly and paints them all with the same brush.
On a side note, every time I read the phrase "not worthy enough to play for Milan," I want to puke. Name me one team that is loaded from stem to stern with world-class players.
Hasan Rossonero
29-05-2009, 12:47
I am sorry Blacktop, but I don't think Dida should be kept around beyond this season. I agree that he has been more passionate (and also, with your more general stance that he is unduly targeted for abuse), but we MUST look forward. I'd rather promote a goalkeeper from the youth side as a deputy to Abbiati.
I think Rick's points should be considered. I honestly don't think Gourcuff would have been the answer to our problems. Our biggest mistake was that we included such a paltry sum as the release clause. However, given his underwhelming performances last season (granted, due in no small part to Ancelotti), none of us would have guessed that he would have had such a sensational season in France.
Today, there is an article in tgcom, which states that Gourcuff's sale has pretty much sealed Kaka's stay. I am not entirely convinced, but I do think that management will think carefully before selling Kaka' now, especially if they plan to build a team around the inconsistent Ronaldinho.
You guys keep downplaying this, but Kaka's sale would have severe implications on our status. We absolutely must hold onto Kaka', and if we desperately need to pay off our debt the money must come from a combination of offloading deadwood (Seedorf, Favalli, Dida etc.) and one high-profile sale (Dinho or Pirlo). Kaka' needs to stay if this Milan is to compete in the near future.
And what makes you say that Gourcuff is a far better player than Hernanes? I've only seen Hernanes play a handful of times, but he's an incredible talent. Some who have watched him play regularly believe he is more naturally gifted than Kaka. Has anyone ever said that about Gourcuff? Of course -- like Gourcuff -- he hasn't proven himself at the highest level. The fact that Barcelona made a major play for him last summer (if reports are accurate, they had a bid rejected that was as much as Bordeaux just paid for Gorky) should tell you something.
Yes it tells you smth that we will never pay such an amount of money for a 20 year old player, the problem is that there not so many players like Gourcuff with a great vision for assists. He maybe played 33 games but half of them he was subbed in for like 5 minutes before the end.
No team is filled with wc players, but we are the only 'top' team filled with players that nobody else would sign. Honestly what decent club would have janku, favalli, senderos, bekham, ambro, r80 as mainstays of their team? never mind the dross that walked emerson,or hacks like kalac.
If the club sell a player like Kaka to balance the books then the management no longer care about future success, and imo should sell the club for the good of Milan.
So we sold Gou to Bordeaux,i`m very angry about that,but let`s move on.
Now wich is the next move from our managment???
According to latest rummors Leo is the next coach and he asks for some changes at MilanLab wich is ****in great i think that is first thing to do before mercato,because last few seasons we are demolished with constant player injuries and the healing process lasts for eternity remember Kaka`s trip to Brazil and he recovered right away.
I would like to see some more italians in our roster for next season,like Montolivo,Santacrocce,and Criscito(looks like JUbe has some other plans without him he was great this season)
About Chelsea interested in Pirlo sell him right away if the money they are ready offer is true!!
I also hope we won`t end up with Toni,i Deko would be ideal for us i hope we get HIM,besides Deko only player i would like to see as our CF is Drogba,i think he would fit us superbly!!!
Blacktop
29-05-2009, 13:46
I am sorry Blacktop, but I don't think Dida should be kept around beyond this season. I'd rather promote a goalkeeper from the youth side as a deputy to Abbiati.
I don't care if he winds up being the third GK next year, as long as he's allowed to finish out the last year of his contract and end his career here.
As for now, however, he's the unofficial #1 until next season. Then the starting GK will be decided all over again, whether it be him, Abs or some GK signing (if we even have one; unfortunately, there aren't a lot of pebbles in the ocean right now) taking the reins, just like Abs did at the beginning of the year, which seems like yesterday (where the hell has the season gone?).
Hasan Rossonero
29-05-2009, 13:48
(where the hell has the season gone?).
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/06/phoneInTheToilet.jpg
Milan needs few players with grit in our new team. We lack that kind of players right now.
Aguess you all saw the way Puyol plays as a RB. In Thiago I see almost the same caracteristic as Puyol has: speed, power, grit and running capacity. Also fast tackling and attacking mind. Im still confident Thiago can play extremly well for us if he is played as a RB, he is not a classic CB and has already played even in the midfield.
Nesta is training with the squad. This is the situation AFTER the surgery, where there is ( if the surgery goes well ) less risk then before when his disc was always on the edge of injury. If Nesta now works without sudden injury for this summer I see no problems in his game for next season. Form is in no doubt, he is too experienced and too much of a class so non playing time will not hurt him badly.
Next defender we need is simply one more that is bought, obviousely. With him we can make anexcellent and finnally serious backline of 4 stabile players: zambro,nesta,cb,thiago. That is what I hope for.
To conclude, I think we can hope with reason that we'll have Nesta back next year. With one more bought player it could be 3 new defenders that we lacked this year.
Rossoneri Fuego
29-05-2009, 19:08
sell seedorf,kala,janku, let favalli retire,pirlo,dida,
then buy CR7 and hernanes
Zambro---Nesta---Silva---Antonini or Mattioni Bonera Albertazzi
Flamini---Gattuso---Hernanes
---CR7-----------Kaka'
Pato,Borriello,Paloschi,Inzaghi
i dont care what anybody says that would makes us part of the elite and go past merda Inter
tardissun
29-05-2009, 20:04
Napoli just signed both Quagliarella and Cigarini, both solid Italian players.
tardissun
29-05-2009, 20:14
I'm not completely sold on our younger players after their poor performance in the Albania friendly. If these guys couldn't jell in a meaningless game like that, then how do we expect them to do so in league play?
Wow, giving them ONE WHOLE GAME to Jell. What a generous fellow you are. :u56:
The younger players at other big teams play poorly every so often there too, but that's how confidence is built. At the very least, garbage time minutes every so often.
Truth is, very few can rock the world out of the gate like Kaka. Pato had some hiccups too.
The signings of Viudez and Cardacio were completely pointless; guess we didn't learn our lesson from signing Grimi.
I agree. I was hoping for a bit more, but on the other hand, they didn't get too much of a shot either.
Dida's shown more drive this season than he did all of last, as he knew he had something to prove in addition to having been handed a golden
That's not saying much as Dida had 0 (or negative) drive in previous seasons. Going from 0->1 doesn't take that much. I've never been impressed with Dida (ever) and wish he would leave as soon as possible (preferably years ago, but alas).
I have GOT to get some of what you are smoking. Anything that makes someone a fanboy of Dida has got to be good stuff.
I'll have to disagree with you tardissun: I think Dida` was definitely world class. Yes, he made some stupid, absolutely unforgivable mistakes, but these mistakes stick only because they look ridiculous.
on the other hand, there are mistakes that Buffon made too that look less stupid and so no one remembers, but it's still a mistake.
The diff is that our fans have never been forgiving to some players AT ALL: Dida, Gila, Janku, Oddo etc... we as Milan fans are spoilt.
Not that it's a problem, but it sucks when we fans take it for granted and don't cheer our players up any more.
***
The signing of Viudez, Cardacio, Grimi etc. are terrible; but who knows? Kaka` would have been another one. And yes, I think Milan do expect players to rock the world out of the gate, coz otherwise (theoretically) they are not good enough to play for Milan.
And that's true often times.
J
Bosniaco
29-05-2009, 21:27
Napoli just signed both Quagliarella and Cigarini, both solid Italian players.
I read this news and I though that they overpaid Quagliarella, 19 mil for him I think its a bit too much. Max 10 mil. Cigarini is the future of Italy.
I would like to see Montolivo in our Milan team, but I doubt that will happen. We should have asked for Montolivo when we sold Gila to the Viola.
Hasan Rossonero
29-05-2009, 22:50
I have been thinking about this for a while. If we let Ancelotti go to Chelsea, should we not ask for a player or two in return? I don't know if you can do that, but surely we should soften Chelsea up for a player like Alex or even Drogba.
I have been thinking about this for a while. If we let Ancelotti go to Chelsea, should we not ask for a player or two in return? I don't know if you can do that, but surely we should soften Chelsea up for a player like Alex or even Drogba.
it looks like ancelotti wants to stay..and if milan force him out we'll have to compensate for that..so i guess milan are secretly trying to make him accept the chelski offer and part away with mutual consent..
Blacktop
30-05-2009, 00:25
sell seedorf,kala,janku, let favalli retire,pirlo,dida,
then buy CR7 and hernanes
Zambro---Nesta---Silva---Antonini or Mattioni Bonera Albertazzi
Flamini---Gattuso---Hernanes
---CR7-----------Kaka'
Pato,Borriello,Paloschi,Inzaghi
i dont care what anybody says that would makes us part of the elite and go past merda Inter
Not really; it instead looks like the result of too much Football Manager. The bolded part is particuarly laughable.
Blacktop
30-05-2009, 01:53
I have GOT to get some of what you are smoking. Anything that makes someone a fanboy of Dida has got to be good stuff.
Sorry, I'm perfectly straight, thank you very much. And I'd like to know why it's so horrible that I am a Dida fan, which I have been for many years.
(Mods, apologies for the double post.)
Gabriel489
30-05-2009, 02:41
I think all these CR7 talks came from the CL final.
TO be honest, if Berlu is serious about making an impact signings, CR7 is the one.
But we must convert him into a striker or else there is no point having him in the att mid with Kaka and Dinho.
Selling Dinho and having Ronaldo and Pato as strikers with Kaka behind them would be awsome. :D
Blacktop
30-05-2009, 03:07
Selling Dinho and having Ronaldo and Pato as strikers with Kaka behind them would be awsome. :D
Sure, but selling Dinho in hopes of getting CRonaldo is unrealistic at best. The former's value has dipped considerably in recent years, while we'd have to pay to the moon for the latter. That is, if Man U is foolish enough to engage in such a transaction, which they aren't.
Selling Dinho and having Ronaldo and Pato as strikers with Kaka behind them would be awsome. :D
I'm pretty sure Cronaldo doesn't like to play as a forward and the only reason he plays there a lot (besides his good finishing) is that he doesn't defend like Rooney, Tevez, Park etc.
If Berlusconi wants to spend big money again, I'm ecstatic, but please don't buy an overpriced player that we don't really need. Buy a centre back and a full back, not a player who is and wants to be a winger/wing forward.
Also I'm not sure how I feel about saying goodbye to a perfect gentleman and idol like Maldini and at the same time saying hello to pretty much the opposite in Cronaldo.
Silvio, if you wanna spend crazy money on a player that doesn't really fit our system, please buy Messi :510:
gregapenny
30-05-2009, 03:29
Dalla Spagna: "Perez abbandona la pista Kaką"
Gabriel489
30-05-2009, 03:46
Kaka is staying, stop all these rumors.
Milan Consider Swapping Pirlo For Chelsea's Essien - Report
Il Diavolo are thinking about a swap deal which will see both men change places, but the move depends on Ancelotti's future...
30 May 2009 09:55:08
Chelsea's Michael Essien celebrates his wonder goal against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final, but his happiness didn't last long
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Chelsea's Michael Essien celebrates his wonder goal against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final, but his happiness didn't last long
Related Links
Teams
* Chelsea
* Milan
Players
* Andrea Pirlo
* Michael Essien
Milan have been linked with a move for Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien in a deal which would see Andrea Pirlo move in the other direction, according to Il Corriere Dello Sport.
The report suggests current coach Carlo Ancelotti will take the Italian midfielder to Chelsea at the end of the season if he joins the club, which, according to Italian press, looks likely to happen. Neither club have made an official announcement on that, but there is widespread belief that Pirlo will follow the Italian to Stamford Bridge.
Milan are preparing themselves for the possible change and they will attempt to swap Pirlo for Chelsea's Ghana international. Leonardo is being tipped to take the reins at Milanello, and voices suggest the Brazilian is keen on Essien who would be comfortable playing in any position around the middle of the park. In addition, the Chelsea man can play in front of the defence, giving the team extra options tactically.
The Rossoneri are expected to make an official announcement regarding Ancelotti's future on Monday, where they will have a clearer idea of possible transfer movements for the summer.
Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
Now this would be some serious ****,of course if this was true and actually happens.:D:D
Gabriel489
30-05-2009, 04:44
Actually thats not a bad idea from Chelsea.
First off, they are giving what Carlo's want, Pirlo and Seedorf.
Secondly, they are sending one of JM's fav player Essien to his direct rival.
It makes sense in some crazy ways.
not been here in years and I've lost touch of what's flying about.
however, if Leonardo is to be our new coach expect most of the signings to come from south america as he headed up scouting over there.
bLOND !-,-!
30-05-2009, 04:47
i would rather like
Seedorf-Essien swoop ....
Christian
30-05-2009, 05:09
I think all these CR7 talks came from the CL final.
TO be honest, if Berlu is serious about making an impact signings, CR7 is the one.
But we must convert him into a striker or else there is no point having him in the att mid with Kaka and Dinho.
I could think of 1000 better ways to spent 80M euros. And swapping Pirlo and Seedorf for Essien?? Really I like Essien, he's versatile, but he's still no playmaker, it's still important not to have many replicas, and Essien isn't that much different from Flamini, Gattuso and Ambrosini.
Hasan Rossonero
30-05-2009, 05:20
Dalla Spagna: "Perez abbandona la pista Kaką"
Source please? Nevermind--found it. www.milannews.it
This Pirlo - Essien swap is too good to be realistic. I would do it in a second, but I cant believe its possible.
Hernanes's (sp?) manager confirmed only club to made a bit for Hernanes is Bayern. His price is around 20-25mln euro now. It would be sad if after Gourcuff we let another class player who is versatile, powerfull, young and plays with both legs go away. Lets hope Leonardo can make this transfer happen. We need fresh midfield players as well as some defenders.
Essien-Hernanes-Gattuso-Kaka'... :gun: :) 3 players capabvle of playing well in defensive phase, and also 3 players capable of playing forward on WC level. Sublime midfield.
Also there are some rumors about some young 18 year old player from Lille. Geo, is he any good?? I think he is Belgian...
And, our Nesta is called up!! Forza Sandro!
As I said, Im hoping for a few players with grit in new Milan.
Next year we start with practically 6 new great players: Mexes, Thiago, Nesta, Hernanes, Essien, Adebayor :) :) :)
Now Im off for my coffee coz Im apparently not well in the morning :)
Adjustment, and sorry for the double post.
We CANT sign both Essien and Hernanes as they are both non eu players. So even if we could get both of them and not to brake a bank as we would switht Pirlo+Seedorf for Essien and we have 15mln from Yoan, we cant create that super team coz of super player called Viudez and Galliani's brilliant circus transfers that made Thiago this years non-eu player. comical.
Rossoneri Fuego
30-05-2009, 06:48
Not really; it instead looks like the result of too much Football Manager. The bolded part is particuarly laughable.
how is it laughable? cr7 has stated diffrent times he admires serie a he spoke about alessando del piero and has said he likes italy... we offer him the show with kaka' leonardo speaks portugues kaka pato r80 mattioni t.silva portugues never talk bad about one another they really backup each other's culture... alotta people from brasil consider people from portugal as there cousins.... ronaldo would be the face of serie A and remember berlusconi is unpredictable... its not football manager estimate all the players i mentioned sold combined with gourcuff's 15 mill plus some extra money... he smiled dont be close minded this is football remember when barca sold luiz figo to madrid? now thats crazy:clap:
I doubt that Chelski is gonna agree to this kind of transaction Pirlo-Essien but who knows it might go trough if Carlo goes there.
I would love to have Essien. I'd do that swap in a minute. In fact, if I could choose a player from the EPL to build a team around, Essien would be the guy. There just isn't a better defensive player (did you notice how he completely shut down Gerrard -- right in the middle of all the "best player in the world" stuff -- when Essien came back from injury?) He's very versatile as well (he can and does make plays and he has a powerful shot). He actually plays a very similar role to Pirlo as a deep-lying playmaker for the Ghana NT. But I just can't imagine Chelsea swapping a 26-year-old Essien just entering the prime of his career for a 30-year-old Pirlo -- not even if Carlo is their manager!
Oh, and the Ronaldo stuff is just nonsense dreamed up by someone who was imagining what Silvio was saying to Ronaldo when he was whispering in his ear during the medal ceremony. I can pretty much guarantee that he wasn't saying "come to Milan." That would have been totally inappropriate and tampering. Besides, Milan isn't going to spend that kind of money on one player (especially one who would be hogging the ball from Kaka -- we've already got Ronaldinho for that!). We're not Real Madrid.
Gabriel489
30-05-2009, 09:34
WEll, I thought the Non EU rules is that we are allow three non EU players signing per season as long as we replace the existing ones.
Our three non EU players are Sheva, Viduez and Kalac.
If all three of them are gone, then it is possible for T. Silva, Essien and Hernanes to come, right? Or am I wrong?
Essien's passing is sh*t. He is custom made for the premier league with all the power and drive he has and even though i'm a big fan of his, I doubt he can have the same impact in Serie A as he can in EPL and La Liga.
A Pirlo - Essien swap doesn't make sense because we already have Gattuso and Flamini. We need a playmaker to compete with Pirlo. We've already let Gourcuff go. Xabi Alonso would be a much better option (and cheaper).
It would be great if Seedorf left to add some colour to Chelsea and I'm very certain Ancelotti is heading to Chelsea because they want the Champions League. Only chance that wouldn't happen if Hiddink decides to stay (very unlikely).
If Milan signs a player like Cronaldo, I will stop supporting them that instant. An arrogant cheating a**h*** is the last thing this club needs. Although I'm not surprised a man like Berlusconi invited Cronaldo to join his club... more of the same.
Essien's passing is sh*t. He is custom made for the premier league with all the power and drive he has and even though i'm a big fan of his, I doubt he can have the same impact in Serie A as he can in EPL and La Liga.
Essien's passing might be a bit on the conservative side, but it's actually pretty good, especially his short passing. He's very much like Patrick Viera (and Milan would have done well to have held onto him). Essien can actually play just about anywhere. He was more of an attacking player at Lyon than he's been in his role at Chelsea most of the time. He's also played fullback. I can't think of a more versatile player. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be successful in Italy.
Since he's joined Chelsea, he's changed his game from what it was in Lyon. I think he even played as a supporting striker on the odd occasion over there but now his utility as an attacking players is largely limited to driving runs from deep in the midfield and supporting the attack. Plus he has a fantastic shot up his boot. I've watched him a lot over the last 3 seasons and he's not as versatile in attack as he was at Lyon. He is a fantastic man to man marker but tactically he's not too great. Also he has struggled against team that play the passing game.
However, and I'm sure you'll agree with this, that's not quite what Milan needs considering the kind of gaping holes our squad has in certain positions.
P.S. I think he can be better than Vieira but in the last 3 years he's been injured, gone for African nations, played out of position so often that people have forgotten how good he really can be. Defensively, he's a stronger and technically superior but less hungrier version of Gattuso.
I can't think of a more versatile player.
Andres Iniesta! Anywhere in midfield or attack except ST.
Christian
30-05-2009, 11:40
Since he's joined Chelsea, he's changed his game from what it was in Lyon. I think he even played as a supporting striker on the odd occasion over there but now his utility as an attacking players is largely limited to driving runs from deep in the midfield and supporting the attack. Plus he has a fantastic shot up his boot. I've watched him a lot over the last 3 seasons and he's not as versatile in attack as he was at Lyon. He is a fantastic man to man marker but tactically he's not too great. Also he has struggled against team that play the passing game.
However, and I'm sure you'll agree with this, that's not quite what Milan needs considering the kind of gaping holes our squad has in certain positions.
P.S. I think he can be better than Vieira but in the last 3 years he's been injured, gone for African nations, played out of position so often that people have forgotten how good he really can be. Defensively, he's a stronger and technically superior but less hungrier version of Gattuso.
Spot on. People complain about us having to many copies and now the same people want Essien at Milan? Sure if we could swap Flamini or Ambrosini for him, but not Pirlo. People complain about playing with 2 DM's and now they want 3?? He is versatile, but he's no playmaker, not even close. Would also 10000 times rather have De Rossi if we need to have one more DM. Or what about Miguel Veloso from Sporting?? He's versitile aswell, AM/MC/DM, he's abit of a troublemaker though, but he is gonna leave Sporting this summer. Anyways, doesn't matter we don't need more DM's at Milan.
[QUOTE=Christian;531887]Spot on. People complain about us having to many copies and now the same people want Essien at Milan? Sure if we could swap Flamini or Ambrosini for him, but not Pirlo. People complain about playing with 2 DM's and now they want 3?? He is versatile, but he's no playmaker, not even close. Would also 10000 times rather have De Rossi if we need to have one more DM. Or what about Miguel Veloso from Sporting?? He's versitile aswell, AM/MC/DM, he's abit of a troublemaker though, but he is gonna leave Sporting this summer. Anyways, doesn't matter we don't need more DM's at Milan.[/Q
Looks like Veloso is gonna sign for Bolton for 6 milion pounds.
johncharles365
30-05-2009, 12:04
Micheal Essien would be a fantastic signing he is probably the best dmf/cmf player in the world. This report is pretty trite anyway i cant see Chelsea swapping assets in exchange for part seedorf deal. If Pirlo goes I think it is time for the sb to produce long to the front men like arbeloa does for liverpool. to honest we are not going to find a like Pirlo he pretty unique it is going to be a case of changing the formation. If Milan are going to get players from Chelsea than we should sign Alex, Malouda or hilaro.
^^ Funny fellow.
Looks like Veloso is gonna sign for Bolton for 6 milion pounds.
You must be kidding.. he's much better than that.
Kaka' needs to stay if this Milan is to compete in the near future.
I think most of us agree on this matter.
Or not?
Well we can always sign Nedved as his replacement, he suits our transfer profile perfectly...
In all honesty, we can't guarantee him CL football next season yet (Bordeaux can), we can't guarantee him first team football (Bordeaux can), we didn't appear to show much interest in him until fairly recently (he's Bordeaux's hero) and he didn't exactly have a positive time when he was with us (. On top of that, everyone knows Domenech is biased against Italy based players, which would hamper Gourcuff's world cup hopes. lol, Can we blame him for leaving?
I don't blame Gorky for chosing Bordaux I do blame the mangement.
You are quiet right but I don't think Milan should offer these things. But they had to make sure he had a feeling milan would give him a fair shot this time that they believed in him that he was our future.
Fact is he didn't bought it or they didn't try enough unles maybe last weak but his mind was allready made up Milan didn't believe in him.
WEll, I thought the Non EU rules is that we are allow three non EU players signing per season as long as we replace the existing ones.
Our three non EU players are Sheva, Viduez and Kalac.
If all three of them are gone, then it is possible for T. Silva, Essien and Hernanes to come, right? Or am I wrong?
Why would kalac be a new non Eu player?
To be honest you confuse me a bit I thought it was two new non Eurpean players plus the ones that leave... Anyone?
Considering we have Silva an Mattione we can only fill up with whoever leaves. Or am I wrong?
Why would kalac be a new non Eu player?
To be honest you confuse me a bit I thought it was two new non Eurpean players plus the ones that leave... Anyone?
Considering we have Silva an Mattione we can only fill up with whoever leaves. Or am I wrong?
If I am not wrong, as someone here has posted, since last season the new rule about the number of non-EU player per year is 2 players, one is like the seasons before, every club are free to sign a non-EU player outside italian league and the other one is that the club must first release a non-EU player they have before they can add the new non-EU player (from outside italian league) to complete the 2 non-EU players a club can sign per year.
Two spots for non-EU for last year were for Sheva and Vuidez, that's why Silva can't be registered until the season ends. Mattioni has EU-pass.
ps : I am still not sure about the rule exactly. What I know for sure is that a club can sign 2 non-EU players outside Italy per a year.
Christian
30-05-2009, 16:07
This Pirlo - Essien swap is too good to be realistic. I would do it in a second, but I cant believe its possible.
Hernanes's (sp?) manager confirmed only club to made a bit for Hernanes is Bayern. His price is around 20-25mln euro now. It would be sad if after Gourcuff we let another class player who is versatile, powerfull, young and plays with both legs go away. Lets hope Leonardo can make this transfer happen. We need fresh midfield players as well as some defenders.
Essien-Hernanes-Gattuso-Kaka'... :gun: :) 3 players capabvle of playing well in defensive phase, and also 3 players capable of playing forward on WC level. Sublime midfield.
Also there are some rumors about some young 18 year old player from Lille. Geo, is he any good?? I think he is Belgian...
And, our Nesta is called up!! Forza Sandro!
As I said, Im hoping for a few players with grit in new Milan.
Next year we start with practically 6 new great players: Mexes, Thiago, Nesta, Hernanes, Essien, Adebayor :) :) :)
Now Im off for my coffee coz Im apparently not well in the morning :)
I believe it's Eden Hazard. Would like to hear about him aswell Geo!
johncharles365
30-05-2009, 16:07
i am not sure about Shevchenko surely he has a EU passport by now but last year milan bought Vuidez and Cardacio to fill up the spaces. Felipe doesn't count as he is half Italian but thiago Silva has certainly taken up a space. I think 3 non EU playeres are allowed for each year for each club so hopefully Milan can pick up two new non EU players. This is one of the silliest rules in Serie A it really protecting the clubs from South America, plus the premier league doesn't rule and as a result has thrived.
i am not sure about Shevchenko surely he has a EU passport by now but last year milan bought Vuidez and Cardacio to fill up the spaces. Felipe doesn't count as he is half Italian but thiago Silva has certainly taken up a space. I think 3 non EU playeres are allowed for each year for each club so hopefully Milan can pick up two new non EU players. This is one of the silliest rules in Serie A it really protecting the clubs from South America, plus the premier league doesn't rule and as a result has thrived.
Cardaccio has EU-pass and only two non-EU players from outside Italy are allowed to be registered.
Sheva in that time didn't have EU-pass (if what you say is true), that's why Milan made blunder with their strategy with non-EU spots since Silva should be able to give more power to Milan defence. Two spots were only for bench and primavera players. What a pity!
johncharles365
30-05-2009, 16:43
are you Cardacio I knew he half italian but i heard he didn't have a EU passport. how were inter where able to sign obina, muntari and macini plus add rivas from youth team
? i hope there are 3 spots in any case.
are you Cardacio I knew he half italian but i heard he didn't have a EU passport. how were inter where able to sign obina, muntari and macini plus add rivas from youth team
? i hope there are 3 spots in any case.
Yes, I am sure about Cardaccio. Viudez and Sheva took the EU spots.
Obina and Mancini I believe were from Serie A/B. Non-EU spots only from outside Italy.
ACMILAN1983
30-05-2009, 17:01
I don't blame Gorky for chosing Bordaux I do blame the mangement.
You are quiet right but I don't think Milan should offer these things. But they had to make sure he had a feeling milan would give him a fair shot this time that they believed in him that he was our future.
Fact is he didn't bought it or they didn't try enough unles maybe last weak but his mind was allready made up Milan didn't believe in him.
I don't think you're alone in blaming the management over the Gourcuff debacle. Milan should be offering some of those things. CL football should be something we should be offering him, and we would be were it not for our incompetence this season.
I think in the end the two biggest reasons he didn't come were because we can't guarantee a starting spot which he needs and Domenech, and we shouldn't be offering the starting spot imo (it always depends on performances), though I hope we did make sure he understood our plans were to have him as a big part of our future. Domenech's a fool that should have been sacked from the France job many years ago, and his biased approach to handling Italy based players surely must make many French players think twice about coming to Italy, especially if they want to play for France in the next World Cup (which Gourcuff does).
Rossoneri Fuego
30-05-2009, 17:17
If Milan signs a player like Cronaldo, I will stop supporting them that instant. An arrogant cheating a**h*** is the last thing this club needs. Although I'm not surprised a man like Berlusconi invited Cronaldo to join his club... more of the same.[/QUOTE]
think about what the hell you just said and realize how much sense that made... most great young players in the world are arrogant what you think they all act like maldini?... also ronaldo brings money to the club... ala becks ronnie and would bring the lights back to Serie A...how the hell does he cheat because he dives?.... WHICH EVERYSINGLE PLAYER IN THE WORLD DOES!?...im guessing you prolly think becks is a secret money hungry pretty boy that's the reason why he went to america and came to us...because wants more cash and doesnt care about calcio even tho hes won everything
in england,almost in spain,now italy and a world cup for england is the 2 final test
Blacktop
30-05-2009, 17:44
im guessing you prolly think becks is a secret money hungry pretty boy that's the reason why he went to america and came to us...because wants more cash and doesnt care about calcio even tho hes won everything
Funny, I'd heard that Becks actually paid out of his own pocket to come over here.
Scoring machines regularly get the s--- knocked out of them in Serie A (just ask Kaka and Pato), and CRonaldo would be no exception. Put him up against a Materazzi or Gattuso on a regular basis and let's see how he does.
in england,almost in spain,now italy and a world cup for england is the 2 final test
Huh?
Our three non EU players are Sheva, Viduez and Kalac.
Dida is up there too, as I believe he himself doesn't have an EU passport.
Since he's joined Chelsea, he's changed his game from what it was in Lyon. I think he even played as a supporting striker on the odd occasion over there but now his utility as an attacking players is largely limited to driving runs from deep in the midfield and supporting the attack. Plus he has a fantastic shot up his boot. I've watched him a lot over the last 3 seasons and he's not as versatile in attack as he was at Lyon. He is a fantastic man to man marker but tactically he's not too great. Also he has struggled against team that play the passing game.
However, and I'm sure you'll agree with this, that's not quite what Milan needs considering the kind of gaping holes our squad has in certain positions.
P.S. I think he can be better than Vieira but in the last 3 years he's been injured, gone for African nations, played out of position so often that people have forgotten how good he really can be. Defensively, he's a stronger and technically superior but less hungrier version of Gattuso.
But I would argue that the reason he hasn't been as versatile in the attack as he was at Lyon is because Chelsea is not asking him to be. They've utilized him primarily in the Makalele role, which I think is a mistake. They haven't taken full advantage of his offensive skills because they have Lampard, Ballack, Cole and others to go forward. I think he would be best utilized as a box-to-box type, but if you recall the 2006 World Cup he was outstanding playing as a deep-lying playmaker -- exactly Pirlo's role. There's no reason to think Essien couldn't be successful in any midfield role.
I do agree that a player of Essien's type is not a priority. In fact, I don't consider the midfield to be a priority at all. With a healthy Gattuso and the likely return of Beckham after the MLS season, the midfield will be fine. But if there's a possibility of adding a player of Essien's ability, I think it's something that has to be seriously considered.
That said, I don't think it will happen. I don't think Chelsea would give him up and I have serious doubts that Pirlo will be going to Stamford Bridge. But if there was a swap, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment. Essien is just now entering his prime. Nobody really knows how much longer Gattuso (31) or Ambrosini (32) or Pirlo (30) will be at their present level.
think about what the hell you just said and realize how much sense that made... most great young players in the world are arrogant what you think they all act like maldini?... also ronaldo brings money to the club... ala becks ronnie and would bring the lights back to Serie A...how the hell does he cheat because he dives?.... WHICH EVERYSINGLE PLAYER IN THE WORLD DOES!?...im guessing you prolly think becks is a secret money hungry pretty boy that's the reason why he went to america and came to us...because wants more cash and doesnt care about calcio even tho hes won everything
Most young players are arrogant? Have you heard of Walcott, Messi, Aguero, Pato etc? Which of these is arrogant? I can name you scores of others as well.
There is a difference between diving out of desperation and diving because you're a cheat. Kaka and Pato have taken a dive out of desperation but there is a difference between that dive and diving at every opportunity possible (Cronaldo), diving when there was no contact (Cronaldo), diving against relegation opposition (Cronaldo against Derby), diving for no reason (against Lampard at Stamford Bridge this year). He's not the only one who does that but he's certainly one of the worst.
Every single player in the world dives? Ever heard of Ronaldinho, Messi, Iniesta, Torres, etc? These are world class who got there without diving.
But I would argue that the reason he hasn't been as versatile in the attack as he was at Lyon is because Chelsea is not asking him to be. They've utilized him primarily in the Makalele role, which I think is a mistake. They haven't taken full advantage of his offensive skills because they have Lampard, Ballack, Cole and others to go forward. I think he would be best utilized as a box-to-box type, but if you recall the 2006 World Cup he was outstanding playing as a deep-lying playmaker -- exactly Pirlo's role. There's no reason to think Essien couldn't be successful in any midfield role.
But that could also be due to the style of the Ghanian national team. As with all African teams, they use that tremendous power of theirs in their game. Essien played as a deep midfielder but not as a conventional playmaker. It's just not what Milan needs not only because we have similar players but also because that style doesn't suit the Serie A per se.
You're right about him being wasted at that deep midfield role. Offensively, he superior to both Ballack (who's become pathetic this season) and Mikel.
Rossoneri Fuego
31-05-2009, 00:10
[QUOTE=boring;531926]Most young players are arrogant? Have you heard of Walcott, Messi, Aguero, Pato etc? Which of these is arrogant? I can name you scores of others as well.
There is a difference between diving out of desperation and diving because you're a cheat. Kaka and Pato have taken a dive out of desperation but there is a difference between that dive and diving at every opportunity possible (Cronaldo), diving when there was no contact (Cronaldo), diving against relegation opposition (Cronaldo against Derby), diving for no reason (against Lampard at Stamford Bridge this year). He's not the only one who does that but he's certainly one of the worst.
Every single player in the world dives? Ever heard of Ronaldinho, Messi, Iniesta, Torres, etc? These are world class who got there without diving.
iniesta is a cam midfielder almost and isnt mugged by opponents every minute.....ronaldinho does complain a ton watch him aganst english clubs....walcott doesnt score goals....its part of the game.....so im guessing you think drogba falls into the same catagory as ronaldo right?.....in that case why dont you ripp on francesco totti for diving aganst Australia....
Rossoneri Fuego
31-05-2009, 00:19
[QUOTE=boring;531926]Most young players are arrogant? Have you heard of Walcott, Messi, Aguero, Pato etc? Which of these is arrogant? I can name you scores of others as well.
There is a difference between diving out of desperation and diving because you're a cheat. Kaka and Pato have taken a dive out of desperation but there is a difference between that dive and diving at every opportunity possible (Cronaldo), diving when there was no contact (Cronaldo), diving against relegation opposition (Cronaldo against Derby), diving for no reason (against Lampard at Stamford Bridge this year). He's not the only one who does that but he's certainly one of the worst.
Every single player in the world dives? Ever heard of Ronaldinho, Messi, Iniesta, Torres, etc? These are world class who got there without diving.
QUOTE]
iniesta is a cam midfielder and isnt mugged by opponents every minute.....ronaldinho does complain a ton watch him aganst english clubs....walcott doesnt score goals....its part of the game.....so im guessing you think drogba falls into the same catagory as ronaldo right?.....in that case why dont you ripp on francesco totti for diving aganst Australia....i think your probally just a ronaldo hater:dontkn:
Rossoneri Fuego
31-05-2009, 00:20
sorry about double posting im getting new to this
Blacktop
31-05-2009, 01:18
Rossoneri Fuego, please get in the habit of using [quote] and [/ quote] (minus the space) to quote posts. Thanks.
Rossoneri Fuego, please get in the habit of using [ quote] and [/ quote] (minus the space) to quote posts. Thanks.
LOL Again!!! :clap:
I believe it's Eden Hazard. Would like to hear about him aswell Geo!
Eden Hazard is a very big talent, half of Europe is after him (scouts of Inter, milan, barca, juventus, real, arsenal, man u and chelsea) are monitoring him closely for several years. But he said some months ago he preferred to stay another year with Lille.
He is clearly very good has a great potential outshone Bojan on several youth tournaments and his allready called the little Messi and was voted talent of the year in France. He seems a smart boy he knows he still have to work hard and that comparisons with Messi are an honour but that's it.
Eden Hazard
Birth place La Louvičre (Bel)
170cm
67 kg
These are his stats
3 (0)
29 (4)
and he played 4 times for the red devils, (Belgian national team)
Bottom line is he has great potential but isn't ready just yet and since have such a record of developping young players I wouldn't buy him unless we sell Kaka or Ronaldhino
Dida is up there too, as I believe he himself doesn't have an EU passport.
It applys on NEW players so Dida and Kalac aren't counted in since they 've been here (to) long.
Eden Hazard is a very big talent, half of Europe is after him (scouts of Inter, milan, barca, juventus, real, arsenal, man u and chelsea) are monitoring him closely for several years. But he said some months ago he preferred to stay another year with Lille.
He is clearly very good has a great potential outshone Bojan on several youth tournaments and his allready called the little Messi and was voted talent of the year in France. He seems a smart boy he knows he still have to work hard and that comparisons with Messi are an honour but that's it.
Eden Hazard
Birth place La Louvičre (Bel)
170cm
67 kg
These are his stats
3 (0)
29 (4)
and he played 4 times for the red devils, (Belgian national team)
Bottom line is he has great potential but isn't ready just yet and since have such a record of developping young players I wouldn't buy him unless we sell Kaka or Ronaldhino
I agree ... he is potentially an excellent prospect, but he's not ready at all for a big club now and should stay in Lille one or two more years I think as Lille tends to develop young players.
In Milan, he would just have no space, even on the bench.
I say he isn't ready for a big club and I will give you an example: I don't know if anyone remembers Pjanic from Metz. We are few people who talked about him last year, he finally moved to Lyon, and whereas he was the best player of Metz (and only 17 years old when he was in Metz), he almost didn't get any minute in Lyon ...
rinogattuso
31-05-2009, 07:27
According to indiscretions of the last hours, the Milan would have a counter to Chelsea so that Andrea Pirlo is free to agree with the blues. It seems that the leadership rossonera upon indication of Leonardo, has prompted Peter Kenyon Michales Essien (26), midfielder polivalenmte of Ghanaian nationality, which could replace the metronome Brescian.
Gabriel489
31-05-2009, 07:51
First off, Essien for Pirlo would be a steal for us. I don't why people here still think thats not a good deal. TO me Essien is an upgrade from all of our core midfielders, some one who can play both offensive and defensive games. On top of that, he is someone who have a good shot outside of the box and is not afraid to use it. To me he is one of the most complete midfielders in the game today. Yes, Pirlo is got great vision, but do we have players to play with his vision? On top of that, he lacks movement and it is one of the things we need from our midfield.
Secondly, how can someone reject the idea of C7 playing for us? He might be arrogant but he is a very talented player. If he comes and both DInho get back to 85% of his top form and Kaka stay. WE will have three of the top 5 players in the world playing on the same team and at the same time. I think it might actually work as well as we have a midfield of Essein and Flamini/Gattuso in the middle.
Thirdly, thanks for clearing up the EU thing for me, so if Essien is sign, we can only have Essien and T. Silva and Hernanes must wait for another year.
But that could also be due to the style of the Ghanian national team. As with all African teams, they use that tremendous power of theirs in their game. Essien played as a deep midfielder but not as a conventional playmaker. It's just not what Milan needs not only because we have similar players but also because that style doesn't suit the Serie A per se.
You're right about him being wasted at that deep midfield role. Offensively, he superior to both Ballack (who's become pathetic this season) and Mikel.
But the only way a Pirlo-for-Essien swap would happen -- and I don't think it will -- is if Carlo goes to Chelsea. Milan would then have a new coach. Who is to say what Milan's style would be?
Christian
31-05-2009, 10:45
Carlo is leaving!! goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/31/1297187/breaking-news-carlo-ancelotti-confirms-he-will-leave-milan)
_MaJi_tz
31-05-2009, 10:51
UFFICIALE: ANCELOTTI VA VIA
31.05.2009 17:35 di Milannews Redazione articolo letto 638 volte
© foto di Giacomo MoriniCarlo Ancelotti ha appena annunciato in diretta televisiva il suo addio al Milan: "Abbiamo deciso in comune accordo con la societą di interrompere il nostro rapporto un anno prima. Ringrazio tutti, dal Presidente alla squadra: ci lasciamo in perfetta sintonia e con stima". Ancelotti non ha voluto perņ ufficializzare il suo passaggio al Chelsea.
Gabriel489
31-05-2009, 10:56
Mate, Translation pls.
www.freetranslation.com
Ancelotti just announced in direct television its goodbye to the Milan: "We decided in common Agreement with the society of to interrupt our relation a first year. I thank all, from the President to the squad: we leave ourselves in perfect tune and with esteem". Ancelotti did not want however to make official its passage to the Chelsea.
:diablo::diablo::diablo::diablo::diablo::diablo::diablo::diablo::diablo:
Too happy right now to post more :)
EDIT:
Italian SKY says it was KAka's last goal in serie a, as I hear.
Hasan Rossonero
31-05-2009, 11:07
Ancelotti is leaving and, it appears, so is Kaka'. Galliani refused to answer the question on Kaka's future clearly.
Leonardo is the next coach.
Milan just sunk to a new low. Now we have to shop around for a Kaka' replacement.
(source: various sources).
bLOND !-,-!
31-05-2009, 11:13
yes it was kaka's last gol in serie A....................................but THIS SEASON ofcourse.... kaka is not leaving, calm down...........
Bosniaco
31-05-2009, 11:16
As I said last time when Man City offered all that money Kaka will not leave. Our golden boy (or men however you like it) will not leave Milan. He is the next capitan. Ofcourse Dzeko will be singned and Ka -Pa - Dze will be the attack :)
Gabriel489
31-05-2009, 11:18
Leo is literally Kaka's mentor, now why would Kaka leaves his mentor.
I really hate it when Italia Sky or any other say it is Kaka last goal.... He is not going anywhere.
Good bye Carlo and pls bring Seedorf, Dida, Senderous, Sheva, Kaladze and Kalac with you
Christian
31-05-2009, 11:21
OFFICIAL: Leonardo new coach! goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/31/1297261/breaking-news-galliani-announces-leonardo-as-next-milan)
Milan, Galliani: "Leonardo next technical"
31.05.2009 18:03 by Anthony Vitiello article read 944 times
© photo by James Morini
Adriano Galliani, the Milan managing director, in the post-match Milan-Fiorentina, the microphones of RAI dell'Adda speaks to Carlo Ancelotti after eight years: "I can say that Leonardo will be the next coach of Milan. Kaka? Let me live under stress, today there were the farewell of Maldini and Ancelotti. Let me say that the relationship with Charles is not finished, but we are still friends. We Carlo and I announced the decision to the team in the changing rooms. " The Arabs? "There is nothing close teniamoci Berluscon
Bosniaco
31-05-2009, 11:25
Well since Leo has no coaching experience, the only good thing about it is that I think we will be bringing in better and younger players just because Galliani trusts Leo, and if Leo wants a player Galliani will buy it. Not like a scanario Carlo wants Ribery but Galliani does not care he will bring in Brocchi or something like that lol :)
johncharles365
31-05-2009, 12:17
Don't be too sure that Leonardo is going to take over it could be anybody at this point in time. Leonardo is certainly the front runner but there are other contenders for the post. Be prepared to lose some players Carlo leaving is the accuse some players will use to get a transfer plus a new manager could alienate Kaka and co. My personal choice for the new manager is Spaletti, Wenger, Rjkarrd, Zola or Tassotti.
Don't be too sure that Leonardo is going to take over it could be anybody at this point in time. Leonardo is certainly the front runner but there are other contenders for the post. Be prepared to lose some players Carlo leaving is the accuse some players will use to get a transfer plus a new manager could alienate Kaka and co. My personal choice for the new manager is Spaletti, Wenger, Rjkarrd, Zola or Tassotti.
Galliani announced it is Leo, they will officially announce it on monday evening. on a side note, torino got relegated. wud we be able to take rosina?
Maltese Charlie
31-05-2009, 12:28
Don't be too sure that Leonardo is going to take over it could be anybody at this point in time. Leonardo is certainly the front runner but there are other contenders for the post. Be prepared to lose some players Carlo leaving is the accuse some players will use to get a transfer plus a new manager could alienate Kaka and co. My personal choice for the new manager is Spaletti, Wenger, Rjkarrd, Zola or Tassotti.
No, IT IS ONLY LEONARDO! I heard Gallianion on the phone on MILAN Channel.
Tomorrow at 12'00pm will be presented to the press.
MiamiMilanista
31-05-2009, 13:03
The thing that worries me is Milan's approach. As we all know, he did indeed pave the way for Pato and Kaka and has been the main driver behind scouting in Brazil. BUT, is Milan going to turn into another Inter? In a few years will our starting lineup consist of 0 Italian players?
I am for the move as I think Ancelotti has surely lost the plot, but Leonardo must focus on the youth system and also bring in the Italian talent as well. Let's not forget, FIFA is looking deep into the 6+5 rule, and Milan cant drive down a wrong path and be stranded if the rule comes into effect.
Not only that, An Italian champion (League or in Europe) should consist of Italian talent. We started 7 Italians in the CL final vs. Liverpool. The way things should be... Many may disagree, but this is how I stand. I dont think Milan's shirt should change to Green and Gold so quick....
Hernanes's (sp?) manager confirmed only club to made a bit for Hernanes is Bayern.
source ?
I mean, this would be amazing.
Next year0s italians in Milan(?): Abbiatti, Zambrotta, Nesta, Bonera, Antonini, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Boriello, Inzaghi. Maybe: Albertazzi, Abate, Paloschi.
I wouldnt be surprised if we bring in Toni, considering that Adebayor, Drogba, Dzeko are all non eu and Toni could be here before the WC getting ready and would not be too expencive etc. Of course my wish is Santacroce still.
What we now need is real Pirlo, who trains well and plays seriousely.
Bayner: It was on tuttomercatoweb.com some days ago.
Thanks mrki !
How realible is tuttomeracto web ? Because I was reading that they wrote , that Hoffenheim will announce the transfer for Zuculini in the next few weeks..
this is the hernanes part from tutto.
A questo punto devo una spiegazione su Hernanes che venti giorni fa sembrava (era) dell'Inter. C'era stato un incontro in sede tra Marco Branca e il rappresentante italiano del centrocampista del San Paolo: contratto pluriennale da 1,4 milioni a salire, accordo raggiunto con il club brasiliano anche in virtł di una vecchia opzione strappata nel momento del trasferimento in prestito di Adriano. A quel punto per mettere nero su bianco sarebbe bastato un fax per certificare l'accordo: l'Inter aveva dato garanzie in tal senso, poi ha preso tempo, quel fax pur promesso non č ancora arrivato, Hernanes ci č rimasto un po'male. Non dico che la trattativa sia saltata definitiva,ma č finita nello scatinato. Il mercato č anche questo. E cosģ, storia di queste ultime ore, su Hernanes si č inserito prepotentemente il Bayern, scavalcando lo stesso Barcellona. Vedremo.
what does it mean ? can someone translate..
Luca Toni,
well everybody hopes on bayern-side that this guy will leave, now there is mario gomez, and the italians missed at least 50 big chances this season. he is so old-school. no moving, just standing there, his diving, his age.
If Milan would pay 6 M or more, I will clap.
Thanks mrki !
How realible is tuttomeracto web ? Because I was reading that they wrote , that Hoffenheim will announce the transfer for Zuculini in the next few weeks..
Not reliable :) Hernanes is ours man :)
Some of you are absolutely disgusting.
Immaturity, ingratitude, taken-for-grantedness, and absolutely childish.
Of course, I'm saying myself.
J
tardissun
31-05-2009, 14:46
1) Even though Leo is inexperienced, he may be able to shape things up. Which Milan needs.
2) I'm going to fully support him. What else can I do anyway? lol.
3) Not sure which direction we're going to go yet (in terms of new signings) but I'm hopeful.
4) I'm just happy that Milan won and are in CL directly.
kakacmilan best
31-05-2009, 14:59
I think that tomorow we will get some informtion from Leo about our Mercato.
I think that Hernnanes will come.
Some of you are absolutely disgusting.
Immaturity, ingratitude, taken-for-grantedness, and absolutely childish.
Of course, I'm saying myself.
J
This is the definition of "fan" :5chore:
Montolivo -5.0: A typical Montolivo performance. Some fancy flicks and passes, but no substance whatsoever. Melts like butter when the heat is on.
Rating for Montolivo vs us in the last game. This is the same Montolivo I see every time he plays for IT National time. I will borrow a phrase from some forum members here...Montolivo is not "worthy of Milan"
Bosniaco
31-05-2009, 16:19
Montolivo -5.0: A typical Montolivo performance. Some fancy flicks and passes, but no substance whatsoever. Melts like butter when the heat is on.
Rating for Montolivo vs us in the last game. This is the same Montolivo I see every time he plays for IT National time. I will borrow a phrase from some forum members here...Montolivo is not "worthy of Milan"
Yea whatever man, of course he is worthy. I would take Montolivo any minute. He can play any position in midfield, attacking, defensive, Kaka and Pirlo's position. Excellent passing, excellent vision. Great player :)
Montolivo is talented,no doubt about that..but I am not sure he is up for a big scene-meaning Milan. Even great talent sometimes isnt enough with Milan-example Gourcuff, Gila....
The thing that worries me is Milan's approach. As we all know, he did indeed pave the way for Pato and Kaka and has been the main driver behind scouting in Brazil. BUT, is Milan going to turn into another Inter? In a few years will our starting lineup consist of 0 Italian players?
I am for the move as I think Ancelotti has surely lost the plot, but Leonardo must focus on the youth system and also bring in the Italian talent as well. Let's not forget, FIFA is looking deep into the 6+5 rule, and Milan cant drive down a wrong path and be stranded if the rule comes into effect.
Not only that, An Italian champion (League or in Europe) should consist of Italian talent. We started 7 Italians in the CL final vs. Liverpool. The way things should be... Many may disagree, but this is how I stand. I dont think Milan's shirt should change to Green and Gold so quick....
I agree 100 %
jakob8543
31-05-2009, 17:28
Luca Toni,
well everybody hopes on bayern-side that this guy will leave, now there is mario gomez, and the italians missed at least 50 big chances this season. he is so old-school. no moving, just standing there, his diving, his age.
If Milan would pay 6 M or more, I will clap.
I agree 100 %. Luca Toni, like Filippo Inzaghi, represents the worst of Italian football. I really hope Milan won't buy him, especially since our problems probably lie more in midfield and defense. With so many old players in the squad, I believe Milan is at a crossroads. Guus Hiddink has just said of Chelsea that they need to work out a short term strategy for how to survive in the next couple of years as a well as a long term strategy for rebuilding the team. I think Milan's situation is the same, except we have less time before the team starts cracking up like in the 1996/7 and 1997/8 season. I'm really worried about our Champions League participation next season, which I believe might turn out a humiliation.
I agree 100 %. Luca Toni, like Filippo Inzaghi, represents the worst of Italian football.
Umm... ok....
I agree 100 %. Luca Toni, like Filippo Inzaghi, represents the worst of Italian football.
Just a reminder jakob.... your so-called "worst of Italian football" just happened to win our last major trophy (CL 2007, in case you forgot :P)
That said, I wish Carlo good luck in whatever he does, and I anticipate what Leonardo will be doing in the next months before the new season begins.
Given that he had a hand in most of our Brazilian signings, and I think even a hand in Gourcuffs signing (which, IMHO, Carlo completely wasted), I think we can expect good young talent coming to us soon, via our own ranks or the market.
Oh, and that said, WE MESSED UP WITH GORKY, NOW BRING PALOSCHI BACK FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!! THE KID LIKE SCORED A GOAL 18 SECONDS INTO HIS DEBUTE AND WE JUST SOLD HALF HIS CONTRACT TO SOME STUPID TEAM?!?!
slifersd
31-05-2009, 17:54
Not sure what to make of this, but I read a rumor somewhere a couple of weeks ago about our coaching staff.
The rumor was that Berlusconi does not like Ancelotti very much and has been wanting a new coach for a while now. The problem, however, is that Galliani is very tight with Ancelotti and stuck his neck out to save Ancelotti's job every time. Although Berlusconi gave into Galliani, he refused to invest into the club even a little bit as he had little faith in Ancelotti. As Leonardo, a very close friend of Berlusconi takes over the reign as our coach, Berlusconi would invest more money into the club than before. Leonardo will also be more of a EPL manager type of coach as oppose to Ancelotti.
Like I said, I don't know if this rumor is true, but if it was, then this could be great news for our team. Leonardo might not have that much experience as a coach, but he is a hell of a good scout. With proper funding from Berlusconi, Leonardo will at least stock pile enough talent in this team for us to get back on top. As important as coaching is, I still think having enough talent is more important.
Although, I just ran out of patience with Ancelotti this season, he has been a very good coach who brought us 2 CL titles and for that I will always remember him fondly. Even if Gourcuff will remain a black mark as I know the boy will simply shine.
Leo - Who knows what to expect. He is a complete unknown quantity and we will find out by the end of next season whether he is the right choice. Personally I fear Berlu has put him in place to be "a puppet" who will be forced to make Pato, Kaka and Ronnie work at the expense of balance. If it all goes terribly wrong, lets hope Rijkaard is still available.
I agree 100 %. Luca Toni, like Filippo Inzaghi, represents the worst of Italian football.
U have most unusual perception of football.
With Leonardo is Milan's new coach, the interest of Milan in Hernanes (non-EU which denies a buy of other non-EU player like Dzeko) and the gossip I read in a forum said that Leo will play 4-3-3, I think Milan could think about G. Rossi to play alongside Kaka to support Pato. We can't rely on Ronaldinho as we already how 'good' he was in this season, he is just not ready for real games.
Of course, the ultimate priority is always the same : defender(s), a CB (and a left back if possible).
Our primary transfer could be :
- Mexes
- left back from Brasil (I forget his name but he has EU-pass if I still remember correctly what I read :D)
- Hernanes
- G.Rossi (I just throw an option for this player)
That said, I wish Carlo good luck in whatever he does, and I anticipate what Leonardo will be doing in the next months before the new season begins.
Given that he had a hand in most of our Brazilian signings, and I think even a hand in Gourcuffs signing (which, IMHO, Carlo completely wasted), I think we can expect good young talent coming to us soon, via our own ranks or the market.
Oh, and that said, WE MESSED UP WITH GORKY, NOW BRING PALOSCHI BACK FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!! THE KID LIKE SCORED A GOAL 18 SECONDS INTO HIS DEBUTE AND WE JUST SOLD HALF HIS CONTRACT TO SOME STUPID TEAM?!?!
I think Gourcuff was Maldini's work (the father).
Good luck to both Carlo and Leo!
As for Paloschi, maybe it is a bit early.
surely, since Ancelotti has insisted on playing a group of central midfielders, with full backs giving width and strikers going wide. the priorities will not be more central midfielder types like hernanes but on getting left and right sided ones as, unless leo wants to play exactly the same way as carlo, he'll need them.
spina_don
31-05-2009, 20:44
Montolivo -5.0: A typical Montolivo performance. Some fancy flicks and passes, but no substance whatsoever. Melts like butter when the heat is on.
Rating for Montolivo vs us in the last game. This is the same Montolivo I see every time he plays for IT National time. I will borrow a phrase from some forum members here...Montolivo is not "worthy of Milan"
Are u kidding? If there's anyone that plays as close as Iniesta does, its Montolivo...i'm all for him coming here...He's very worthy of milan plus he's italian...he defends attack score...does it all
spina_don
01-06-2009, 01:07
Guys today when i watched the FSC report about Bordeaux celebration they specifically spoke about Yoann Gouffran scoring d winning goal and that he'll be moving to milan which will force Bordeaux to buying players...I think yoann Gouffran is coming here based on what FSC said......
Guys today when i watched the FSC report about Bordeaux celebration they specifically spoke about Yoann Gouffran scoring d winning goal and that he'll be moving to milan which will force Bordeaux to buying players...I think yoann Gouffran is coming here based on what FSC said......
that sounds like a joke to me. we released the best player of L1, and get back somebody scored 1 or 2 goals a season????
dont believe everything you read, OK?
spina_don
01-06-2009, 01:53
that sounds like a joke to me. we released the best player of L1, and get back somebody scored 1 or 2 goals a season????
dont believe everything you read, OK?
There's something u still don't understand...Gourcuff's case was out of Milan's hands...we knew there were going to be two options which are: whether Gourcuff signed for Bordeaux or he returned.....And it was d FSC spokes man dat said it...His exact words were now "Bordeaux losing Yoann Gouffran this off season will have to buy players this summer."
Paloschi imo is ready. More ready that es, will cover for Pippo till new year. We need 5 strikers min next season. Pato, Pippo, Borreillo, Palo, ??
There's something u still don't understand...Gourcuff's case was out of Milan's hands...we knew there were going to be two options which are: whether Gourcuff signed for Bordeaux or he returned.....And it was d FSC spokes man dat said it...His exact words were now "Bordeaux losing Yoann Gouffran this off season will have to buy players this summer."
you dont understand my idea.
i really mean: if we have to buy such a bad player like Gouffran, who scored only 1 or 2 goals a season, we are doooooom!
i dont think we are at that bad level, so i never believe in a rumor like this. Bordeaus should lose that guy to a certain second class club, but definitely not us.
Paloschi imo is ready. More ready that es, will cover for Pippo till new year. We need 5 strikers min next season. Pato, Pippo, Borreillo, Palo, ??
He is still very young and has only few profesional games behind him. In Milan he won't get many chances. I think, for his best it is better for him to stay at Parma for another year, he will play in Serie A next season though.
If he is 23 or 24 right now and even assuming he won't get many games, I am agree with the option to make him the 5th. striker of Milan.
Blacktop
01-06-2009, 02:07
Who the hell is Gouffran?
I think, for his best it is better for him to stay at Parma for another year, he will play in Serie A next season though.
Agreed. The latter is what's most important. It's time to see how he does against the big boys.
slifersd
01-06-2009, 02:21
you dont understand my idea.
i really mean: if we have to buy such a bad player like Gouffran, who scored only 1 or 2 goals a season, we are doooooom!
i dont think we are at that bad level, so i never believe in a rumor like this. Bordeaus should lose that guy to a certain second class club, but definitely not us.
If we did get that Gouffran kid, then that would make the whole Gourcuff deal even worse. I have to assume that Gouffran was sent here as a trade in to lower the cash value of the Gourcuff deal. That means, if we insisted on taking hard cash and nothing else, we still could have kept Gourcuff around since Bordeaux doesn't seem like they have the cash to pay for him. And yet, we took some cash (not even enough for that measly 15 m deal) and a prospect who achieved even less than Gourcuff did when he came to us. That is, without a question, a terrible deal for us. Furthermore, if we are tempted to sell off one of our best assets for less than 10m, then we should really consider getting relegated to Serie B because that league seems like the better fit for us.
jakob8543
01-06-2009, 04:01
Just a reminder jakob.... your so-called "worst of Italian football" just happened to win our last major trophy (CL 2007, in case you forgot :P)
Ok, so I probably just made a fool of myself with that comment! :)
I know he won us the Champions League two years ago - it's just I've always thought his goalscoring rate was poor when you bear in mind the fact that he hardly contributes with anything else. I mean, the last time he scored 20+ goals in the Serie A was in 1996/7!
And his diving and running offside all the time, that's just too much.
But of course you're right, he has been an important player for us. Just not my kind of footballer :)
tardissun
01-06-2009, 04:23
Ancelotti is officially the new Chelsea manager.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 04:36
NOw, do you think Carlo will still use the X'mas Tree at Chelsea, if so, then I guess something will never change.
X'Mas Tree at Chelsea
Cech
Bosigna-Terry-Alex-A. Cole
Lampard-Pirlo(Essien swap is too good to turn down)-Ballack
Seedorf(only days till official)-J. Cole
Drogba
If he does that, I will cheer for him just for the fact that he is sticking with the X'mas Tree
Paloschi imo is ready. More ready that es, will cover for Pippo till new year. We need 5 strikers min next season. Pato, Pippo, Borreillo, Palo, ??
Seedorf ;)
If he does that, I will cheer for him just for the fact that he is sticking with the X'mas Tree
Funny thing is that he admitted in his book that Pirlo invented his X-man tree :) :) :ilol: So who knows what Lampard will invent there now.
In any case Carletto will have one hell of a team there, for any kind of formation he wants. Good luck to him, he gave us 2 CL titles, now its enough for him. 2 is enough :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
About Milan: calciomercato says Milan will go for Essien and Adebayor, who are two primary targets. But to me it looks like Milan picked a man who works well with young players and Milan doesnt need to spend much.
At least we need 3 class players in Hernanes, Mexes and one CF.
And I 100% agree with G.Rossi in Milan. Also a versatile player that can play as a second striker in different roles. It would be a great purchase for Milan, 100%. Also I'd take Abate, useful player.
And we can now even talk about players we will sell: Oddo, Seedorf above all. We already sold Gourcuff and we'll stay without Senderos, Maldini, Favalli ( I doubt ), Sheva. Selling Oddo, Yoan and Seedorf could add some good money to our mercato.
NOw, do you think Carlo will still use the X'mas Tree at Chelsea, if so, then I guess something will never change.
Oh yeah, and who cares that he only played the X-mas tree when he got stuck with a handful of good players that can play only in certain positions.
Carlo Ancelotti can make the best out of who he has available. At Chelsea he will have an enormous choice comparing to Leonardo at Milan. Anyway, I will let you have your minute of ridicule. We will see the results next season.
Ancelotti is officially the new Chelsea manager.
And the first thing he did was asking Sheva about the place where he can learn English :d6:
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 06:18
Well, he should have asked Sheva kids
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 06:20
Oh yeah, and who cares that he only played the X-mas tree when he got stuck with a handful of good players that can play only in certain positions.
Carlo Ancelotti can make the best out of who he has available. At Chelsea he will have an enormous choice comparing to Leonardo at Milan. Anyway, I will let you have your minute of ridicule. We will see the results next season.
Dude, you can have your say now, but lets see what happens next year.
One more thing, I do agree with you that the current Chelsea team has better players than the current Milan squad.
slifersd
01-06-2009, 06:35
Dude, you can have your say now, but lets see what happens next year.
One more thing, I do agree with you that the current Chelsea team has better players than the current Milan squad.
True, but Chelsea has to go up against Man U and Liverpool whereas Milan only has Inter and Juventus to worry about. As good as the two italian teams are, they are not really in the same league as Man U and Liverpool. So, even with better players, Chelsea still might not win anything meaningful next year.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 07:15
True, but Chelsea has to go up against Man U and Liverpool whereas Milan only has Inter and Juventus to worry about. As good as the two italian teams are, they are not really in the same league as Man U and Liverpool. So, even with better players, Chelsea still might not win anything meaningful next year.
Well, to win the domestic league means being consistent and having a huge squad will help.
CL is a different story, as I think it comes down to luck with draw, injuries and on form players at the time.
What I am saying is that, Chelsea is in a much better position than Milan to win the league and CL as of the squad now.
OFcourse, once Seedorf moves to Chelsea, they will just become unstoppable.
Ancelotti didnt got results in his first year at Milan. He got his result when he was given Seedorf and Rivaldo in the 2nd year and when he had a team with: Dida/Abbiatti, Maldini, Nesta, Billy, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Rui, Rivaldo, Shevchenko, Inzaghi... Later on we got Cafu, Stam(after scudetto) and Ricky and won scudetto.
That team was THE STRONGEST TEAM IN THE WORLD WITHOUT COMPETITION!
This Milan squad, even if it buys lets say 3 class players, is not on the level of that super Milan that Berlusconi payed for during that period of his competition with Juventus and Moggi.
We had a backline of Maldini-Stam-Nesta-CAfu... we can stop here when we compare it to the Milan Leo will get.
But there is time, we can built again with smart buys and precise tactical setup. And, if our results next year are 3rd place with losing the scudetto on half season, like in past 2 years, then we are on the same level as we are now.
Christian
01-06-2009, 08:12
Ancelotti didnt got results in his first year at Milan. He got his result when he was given Seedorf and Rivaldo in the 2nd year and when he had a team with: Dida/Abbiatti, Maldini, Nesta, Billy, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Rui, Rivaldo, Shevchenko, Inzaghi... Later on we got Cafu, Stam(after scudetto) and Ricky and won scudetto.
That team was THE STRONGEST TEAM IN THE WORLD WITHOUT COMPETITION!
That's true, but I still think he should be given credit. Barcelona had basicly the same team last year as they did this year, yet last year they finished third in La Liga while this year they won everything.
Ancelotti didnt got results in his first year at Milan. He got his result when he was given Seedorf and Rivaldo in the 2nd year and when he had a team with: Dida/Abbiatti, Maldini, Nesta, Billy, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Rui, Rivaldo, Shevchenko, Inzaghi... Later on we got Cafu, Stam(after scudetto) and Ricky and won scudetto.
That team was THE STRONGEST TEAM IN THE WORLD WITHOUT COMPETITION!
O really? How about our 2007 champions league squad?
And i know what you are going to say - "Kaka at his best in 2007".
BUT, it was Ancelotti that put Kaka in that role, it was Ancelotti that gave the team the right motivation, and it was Ancelotti that found the perfect balance with his far from perfect team and outclassed ManUre.
Soon you are gonna start basing your arguments on single games.
You make me luff.
Ancelotti didnt got results in his first year at Milan. He got his result when he was given Seedorf and Rivaldo in the 2nd year and when he had a team with: Dida/Abbiatti, Maldini, Nesta, Billy, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Rui, Rivaldo, Shevchenko, Inzaghi... Later on we got Cafu, Stam(after scudetto) and Ricky and won scudetto.
That team was THE STRONGEST TEAM IN THE WORLD WITHOUT COMPETITION!
This Milan squad, even if it buys lets say 3 class players, is not on the level of that super Milan that Berlusconi payed for during that period of his competition with Juventus and Moggi.
We had a backline of Maldini-Stam-Nesta-CAfu... we can stop here when we compare it to the Milan Leo will get.
But there is time, we can built again with smart buys and precise tactical setup. And, if our results next year are 3rd place with losing the scudetto on half season, like in past 2 years, then we are on the same level as we are now.
Well, even I agree that Carlo should leave this season, I think I have to defend Carlo again.
It's true that he had very good team at his disposal but many of them were 'blossoming' in his era : Pirlo, Gattuso, Dida, Seedorf. Maldini, Nesta, Rui and Sheva were the big stars at that time. Inzaghi could be added to big stars but he was actually not as good as he has been for these 2-3 years. Rivaldo in the mean time was like a puzzle to solve : a WC player who his contract terminated by Barcelona. I personally think, there must be something that Barcelona could do such a 'crazy' thing.
Our squad when we won the CL :
Dida
Simic-Nesta-Maldini-Kaladze
Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Rui Costa
Sheva-Inzaghi
As you can see, he didn't just get a DREAM TEAM but he played big role to make such a great team. Before season 2002/03 began, no one predicted Milan will win the CL but Milan managed to beat big team like München and Madrid, the previous CL winner.
After the first CL trophy for Carlo, that's true some stars are coming but the real star (big star) was only Stam. Kaka was nothing when he came to Milan, Cafu's arrival would be bashed by many fans if it happened these days (he was just old, period!), Crespo found his life in football again credit to Carlo, etc.
But again, every club have their own stars. Every team who won a championship can be written that the coach has nothing to with their success, alibi is every where. :D
Hasan Rossonero
01-06-2009, 08:40
When asked about Kaka' Galliani complained about tax rules in Italy, and then said he hopes Kaka' will stay.
Also, Pato is in demand as well. In short, it appears, Milan are due for a mass exodus. We also won't be able to replace these players because our management won't spend the money.
Serie A is slowly becoming a fifth rate league.
You all are dreaming if you think any players will come to Milan. Our owner is stingy and I think we are set for a long period of decline.
Honestly, do you guys think Kaka' will stay after the far from convincing denials of Galliani and Leonardo?
Christian
01-06-2009, 08:47
When asked about Kaka' Galliani complained about tax rules in Italy, and then said he hopes Kaka' will stay.
Also, Pato is in demand as well. In short, it appears, Milan are due for a mass exodus. We also won't be able to replace these players because our management won't spend the money.
Serie A is slowly becoming a fifth rate league.
You all are dreaming if you think any players will come to Milan. Our owner is stingy and I think we are set for a long period of decline.
Honestly, do you guys think Kaka' will stay after the far from convincing denials of Galliani and Leonardo?
Honostly your overly negative way of viewing things is silly.
When asked about Kaka' Galliani complained about tax rules in Italy, and then said he hopes Kaka' will stay.
Also, Pato is in demand as well. In short, it appears, Milan are due for a mass exodus. We also won't be able to replace these players because our management won't spend the money.
Serie A is slowly becoming a fifth rate league.
You all are dreaming if you think any players will come to Milan. Our owner is stingy and I think we are set for a long period of decline.
Honestly, do you guys think Kaka' will stay after the far from convincing denials of Galliani and Leonardo?
A little too early to ring alarm bells don't you think? (although I have a similar feeling)
I am fascinated with what Carlo does with Chelsea. Is he going to follow the same Jose-Grant-Hiddink style or is he going to make Chelsea a watchable club?
With Liverpool's rise, Chelsea hiring Ancelotti and Wenger getting a spanking, I think next English season is actually going to be competitive (not to mention stronger than ever before).
Hasan Rossonero
01-06-2009, 08:51
Honostly your overly negative way of viewing things is silly.
Actually, honestly, you know nothing of me as a poster. I am generally positive, but I don't have my head in the clouds.
Our management created the whole Kaka' fiasco in January, and tried to put a positive spin on it. Read this story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490
Spain and England have an edge--that much is clear. But when your management whines and pules about tax rates, it forebodes dark days. It's true Galliani complains more than other managers. But are you not a little annoyed that while clubs like Real Madrid and Man U are investing and strengthening, our management is whimpering about Serie A's poverty? Would you not like management to say once, that yes the tax rates are tough in Italy, but a big club like Milan has to invest?
If not, then your overly positive way of looking at things is silly.
Christian
01-06-2009, 09:02
Actually, honestly, you know nothing of me as a poster. I am generally positive, but I don't have my head in the clouds.
Our management created the whole Kaka' fiasco in January, and tried to put a positive spin on it. Read this story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490
Spain and England have an edge--that much is clear. But when your management whines and pules about tax rates, it forebodes dark days. It's true Galliani complains more than other managers. But are you not a little annoyed that while clubs like Real Madrid and Man U are investing and strengthening, our management is whimpering about Serie A's poverty? Would you not like management to say once, that yes the tax rates are tough in Italy, but a big club like Milan has to invest?
If not, then your overly positive way of looking at things is silly.
I wasn't bashing you as a poster, I was just saying that your post was extremely negativ.
Look a club like Real Madrid can invest as much as they does because they have a guy like Florentino Perez pumping money into them. If we were to invest anywhere near that much, it would have to come from Berlusconi's personal wealth, and I don't think we're in any kind of position to tell Berlusconi how to spent his money. I don't think Man Utd has spent alot more than we have lately. They bought Berbatov last summer, that's about it if I'm not wrong.
You're saying that all of the sudden we're gonna sell Pato, Kaka and everyone else in the club. It's not gonna happen, maybe Kaka, just maybe, but if that was gonna happen I'm am absolutly certain that we would reinvest the money in new players. You make it sound like Galliani has given completly up on Milan and just doesn't care about the club anymore. I say you're completly off, I don't think you'll find many people who care about Milan's interests as much as Galliani.
Hasan Rossonero
01-06-2009, 09:22
Galliani cares about himself first and foremost. In the 1980s, he once remarked that he wants to stay in Berlusconi's orbit, so he can, well, become rich.
He is a cynical fat-cat. It's not Florentino who pumps money into Real, it's their merchandising and TV deals that do.
If, as you say, Galliani has Milan's best interest in mind, he can take two approaches:
1) Keep Kaka' and Pato and whittle the squad down to a solid set of 14-15 players who earn their keep. Further, he can promote players from the youth set-up.
2) If he runs Milan as a business, then he, alongside the angelic Berlusconi, will sit down and say, "we bought Kaka' for peanuts, let's make a profit while he is under 30."
The former is the sensible thing to do if you have a miserly owner who only cares about his image. The latter is the easier thing to do.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 09:32
Well, lets see what Berlu will do for us this summer.
I just think he will spend big, and I mean very very big.
MiamiMilanista
01-06-2009, 09:52
For one thing, i'm really sick of hearing Kaka rumors. The more that Kaka and management deny any movement, is the more that the papers continue to hound the issue. At some point during the summer, it get annoying.
Cristiano Ronaldo is continually linked away from Man Utd to go to REAL MADRID. Kaka is continually linked away to go to...REAL MADRID. I think we've been going through this song and dance with Real for the past 2 summers. I dont know what needs to be done for it to stop, but for one idea, the armband may very well cut the rumors for good?? It's not a gesture to stop rumors since I truly think he deserves it. The spanish press (AS and MARCA) are some of the worst i've seen. I think we've all seen the mockup picture of Zidane handing Kaka the Real shirt.
For one thing, if Milan were to sell Kaka, Berlu and Galliani would have to immediately sign Ronaldo or Messi or else that city would be turned upside down!!
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 09:54
They won't stop as the media in Spain needs to sell paper.
Anyway, I will let you have your minute of ridicule. We will see the results next season.
well flame you had a lot of minutes of ridicule the past season,and results were nothing near to what you expected..
so please before you start mocking and insulting everyone just remember your posts,and all your wong predictions showin that you know NOTHING about football..
Well, lets see what Berlu will do for us this summer.
I just think he will spend big, and I mean very very big.
It's very unlikely he will spend big. I will be happy if we keep our best players and with 2-3 smart buys.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 10:14
It's very unlikely he will spend big. I will be happy if we keep our best players and with 2-3 smart buys.
I just have the feeling that Berlu did not spend mainly due to the fact that he does not like Carlo and wants Carlo out.
I still believe that if we actually made it to the CL last season, Carlo would have been gone.
I think alot of us here tends to forget that if it was not for the calipolli(can't spell), we would have bought in, Thuram, Zambro, Ibra and even Buffon from Juve. Thats a lot of players.
I just have the feeling that Berlu did not spend mainly due to the fact that he does not like Carlo and wants Carlo out.
Why would Berlusconi do that? He could have just fired him, if he wanted Ancelotti to leave previous year.
I still believe that if we actually made it to the CL last season, Carlo would have been gone.
So if Ancelotti had done better, he would have been fired?? Strange reasoning...
I think alot of us here tends to forget that if it was not for the calipolli(can't spell), we would have bought in, Thuram, Zambro, Ibra and even Buffon from Juve. Thats a lot of players.
It's possible we would have bought some of those players, but we would have bought them just because Juventus had to sell them against a considerable cheap price.
O really? How about our 2007 champions league squad?
And i know what you are going to say - "Kaka at his best in 2007".
BUT, it was Ancelotti that put Kaka in that role, it was Ancelotti that gave the team the right motivation, and it was Ancelotti that found the perfect balance with his far from perfect team and outclassed ManUre.
Soon you are gonna start basing your arguments on single games.
You make me luff.
I always said positive things about that CL period of Milan. Its absurd to say different. But its wrong to think that Milan had poor squad for that CL:
Maldini played as CB and was great, Nesta, Pirlo was on top of his form and was always rested and specially prepared for CL games, Seedorf the same ( and 2 years younger then now), Gattuso of course, Kaka' and Inzaghi who was also specially prepared for CL.
That season Milan played only CL. In serie a we played horrible and did all we can to prepare those 8-9 players to be 100% for CL.
Man utd of that season is nowhere near the United of the next year. Its clear to everyone. Anyway we did brilliantly, noone in here ever said anything against that CL campaign.
My post was, if yu didnt understand, a response to your prediction that Leo will not do well in his first season and that he is downgrade in our bench compared to Carlo. I just explained that Ancelotti also did nothing in his first year and started to play well after Milan created a team out of 12-13 superstar players. A team that was, back then, the strongest team in the world. It was my responce to your conclusion Leo will not do well in his first year ( back in Leonardo topic ) while Carlo did ( which he also didnt).
I never based by arguments on single games and you saying I'll start is just comical and without any reason except your immagination.
Also, one poster said well ( M.O.I. I think): look at your comments before and things you predicted ( all wrong). Then think about it and then come here to talk again.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 10:43
Well, my point about Carlo did not leave last year is mainly b/c no good coach want to take over Milan(being not in CL), thus nobody can replace Carlo.
Think about that, Berlu can't fire him after 2006 b/c of the incoming scandal, as no good coach will want to take over Milan with all those uncertainty. If it was not for that, Berlu would have spent money on players along with a new coach.
Berlu can't fire him after 2007 b/c lets face it we were CL champ.
Just have some faith in Berlu, as he always like to play hero and save the day.
Anyway, new comment not connected to the Carlo Ancelotti response:
Leonardo talked today about new way of preparations that will include work with the ball. Something Mourinho does as well. That should improve speed of passing and movement and ball possesion in opponents half. Also new metods of phisical preparations will be presented etc.
He also talked about wanting fullbacks who move deeper and that he'll work on wing positions which are important in his vision of Milan.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 10:46
ManUtd in 07. When they played against us, a lot of their key players were either came back from injury or injured at that time.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 10:48
It seems like he wants a winger and with Berlu whispering to CR7......interesting don't u think.
yup it'll be interesting to see what he will do with Milan, how will are team look next season. I like to see Milan play with wingers again, it's been a long time since we last played with wingers. He has plans without a doubt but if he will be able to accomplish them it's yet to be seen. So i guess we'll be fishing for wingers and attacking fullbacks this summer.
Anyway, new comment not connected to the Carlo Ancelotti response:
Leonardo talked today about new way of preparations that will include work with the ball. Something Mourinho does as well. That should improve speed of passing and movement and ball possesion in opponents half. Also new metods of phisical preparations will be presented etc.
He also talked about wanting fullbacks who move deeper and that he'll work on wing positions which are important in his vision of Milan.
Oh ... I'm disappointed, that means he wants fullbacks a bit like we had with Cafu and Serginho, so that means no Oddo for next year ... I'm sad ... :D
More seriously, a kind of 4-3-3 could be done with our current players (if we keep them) + some additions:
----------- Pato ------------
Ronaldinho ------- New player
----------- Kaka ------------
---------- CM/DM -----------
---------- Defence ----------
------------ GK -------------
According to Corriere dello Sport Leo wants Essien and Adebayor.
Imo these would be overpriced and excessive moves. Essien - while truly a great player - is a Premiership player with loads of strength and stamina, I don't see him being as effective in Serie A. Also, like many in here have already said, do we really need another workman to compliment Gatttuso, Ambro and Flamini? And at the expensive of Pirlo, who if used properly is still a genius.
Adebayor is overrated, he has great characteristics but he doesn't really put them to good use, only last season (07/08). Both would be very, very expensive and both will be away for the ANC (qualification pending) next year.
No matter who we end up with, it will be very interesting to see what Leo will do with the team from a tactical pov.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 11:06
This is what I think.
Abbiatti
Flamini-Santacroce-T. Silva-Zambro
Cr7-Essien-Gattuso-Dinho
Kaka-Pato
I don't follow EPL much so I could well be wrong, but I agree with you on your opinions. I would take Essien at a heartbeat. I think he would be very useful - he reminds me of Desailly, and we do need that "iron" element in the midfield to succeed. but I am not sure if it is at the cost of Pirlo. Also, I think that Adebayor is overrated.
This is what I think.
Abbiatti
Flamini-Santacroce-T. Silva-Zambro
Cr7-Essien-Gattuso-Dinho
Kaka-Pato
Do you really believe that we will buy both CR7 and Essien ?!
Like some said, I would sign for Essien anyday, but for CR7, he can be one of the best players in the world, his behaviour in the stadium and outside doesn't really suit to Milan style ...
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 11:12
First of all, I would not listen to those rumors as both of them will take non EU spots, and since T. Silva already taken one spot, that leaves one left. Probably Essien. And the person from Arsenal that coming to Milan will either be Clichy and/or Ferbagas
If we are tight in money, we could go for someone cheaper like Mariga, but I am sure that he will take up the other non-EU spot.
and I thought we were interested in De Silvestri of Lazio last summer. What has happened to that? He would be a very nice addition.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 11:19
Do you really believe that we will buy both CR7 and Essien ?!
Like some said, I would sign for Essien anyday, but for CR7, he can be one of the best players in the world, his behaviour in the stadium and outside doesn't really suit to Milan style ...
For some reason(maybe bc I am being too positive) I really think a huge signing or two will happen this summer. It is the same feeling I have about Kaka staying in Jan.
Gabriel489
01-06-2009, 11:20
If we are tight in money, we could go for someone cheaper like Mariga, but I am sure that he will take up the other non-EU spot.
and I thought we were interested in De Silvestri of Lazio last summer. What has happened to that? He would be a very nice addition.
Mariga won't take up Non EU spot b/c he is already playing in Italy.
Mariga won't take up Non EU spot b/c he is already playing in Italy.
OK... are you sure? :dconf: Someone that knows rules please clarify. I believe that any team can sign up to 2 non-EU players per season, but I don't remember that it has anything to do with whether he is currently playing in Italy or not.
OK... are you sure? :dconf: Someone that knows rules please clarify. I believe that any team can sign up to 2 non-EU players per season, but I don't remember that it has anything to do with whether he is currently playing in Italy or not.
A Non European player who plays in Italy and who is transferred in another Italian club is still a non-EU player ...
As long as the player doesn't have an EU passport, he is considered as a non-EU player wherever he plays ...
The rules are:
- 3 non-EU spots for each team
- 2 or 3 non-EU signings possible for each season (something to check because they changed the rule this season, they allowed the clubs to buy one more non-EU player per season)
Last I knew, if you signed a Non-EU player from an Italian team then he didn't count towards your quota of non-eu signings per year.
Last I knew, if you signed a Non-EU player from an Italian team then he didn't count towards your quota of non-eu signings per year.
That's true. That's why there was discussion about non-EU player to be loaned out first to the other italian club so that player won't take any non-EU spot after his loan ends.
I also never heard there is special rule that allows only certain number of non-EU players in a team. What I till now know is that every italian club can sign 2 non-EU players OUTSIDE italy per year.
Last I knew, if you signed a Non-EU player from an Italian team then he didn't count towards your quota of non-eu signings per year.
That was definitely the case, if it has changed I must have missed it. Though if we are right then it begs the question why it hasn't been done with Thiago for example...loan him out for one or half a season
We were posting at the same time Siregar :D
That's true. That's why there was discussion about non-EU player to be loaned out first to the other italian club so that player won't take any non-EU spot after his loan ends.
I also never heard there is special rule that allows only certain number of non-EU players in a team. What I till now know is that every italian club can sign 2 non-EU players OUTSIDE italy per year.
I think the new rule is as follows:
EDIT: You can sign a maximum of 2 non-eu players from outside of Italy but the second player can only be signed as a replacement for one outgoing non-EU player.
http://italian-calcio.blogspot.com/2008/07/serie-sides-get-second-non-eu-player.html
So does this mean we can only buy 1 non-eu player because Silva takes up the other spot for next season?
That was definitely the case, if it has changed I must have missed it. Though if we are right then it begs the question why it hasn't been done with Thiago for example...loan him out for one or half a season
I think Galliani mentioned also about Thiago's option to loan but he didn't want it. I don't know his reasons but it could be like Pato's reason to stay in Milan compare to still play in Brasil until he was 18 years old : adapting with Milan. Plus he could be afraid that Thiago will suffer injuries.
As far as I remember, Inter did such a loan to their GK, Julio Cesar.
So does this mean we can only buy 1 non-eu player because Silva takes up the other spot for next season?
As far as I know, YES. And we can't buy other non-EU player outside Italy even we release one non-EU player this season.
No matter what, we can only sign one EU-player this season (except the rule is changed :D). That's what I know.
hmm are you sure about this? I have always known that Italian teams can sign only one non-eu player outside of Italy, and one non-eu player playing in Italy, or maybe it was unlimited for non-eu players playing in Italy i'm not sure.
Christian
01-06-2009, 12:48
Oh ... I'm disappointed, that means he wants fullbacks a bit like we had with Cafu and Serginho, so that means no Oddo for next year ... I'm sad ... :D
More seriously, a kind of 4-3-3 could be done with our current players (if we keep them) + some additions:
----------- Pato ------------
Ronaldinho ------- New player
----------- Kaka ------------
---------- CM/DM -----------
---------- Defence ----------
------------ GK -------------
If we're gonna play 4-3-3, which I don't think, I think it would be kind of like we played against Roma when Ronaldinho came on. It would be
-------------Pato------------
Ronaldinho-----------Kaka----
-----------CM/CM------------
-------------DM -------------
If you noticed against Roma this was how we played, with the usual formation on the central midfield.
Graeme C
01-06-2009, 13:19
Quagliarella signs for Napoli? Maybe now make a sneaky bid for Santacroce?
they signed quagliarela and that means they could sell lavezzi not santacrocce mate..but its too strange that many teams are trying to get hamsik and lavezzi,and noone santacrocce..although almost every big team in italy need cb this year..
Christian
01-06-2009, 14:15
Apparently Carlos Tevez' agent is in Milan, apparently to talk to Inter officials. In that case I guess it's goodbye to Zlatan, considering they just signed Milito. The other posibility is that he's in Milan to talk to us ofcourse ;) Supose it's good news for us either way, because as good as Tevez is, he doesn't have anything on Ibrahimovic, alhtough it'll be a terrible loss for Serie A.
Essien by the way has an French passport. He and Santacrocce would be awesome.
hmm are you sure about this? I have always known that Italian teams can sign only one non-eu player outside of Italy, and one non-eu player playing in Italy, or maybe it was unlimited for non-eu players playing in Italy i'm not sure.
Yes, I am. They changed the rule regarding the number of non-EU player (outside italy) a club can sign per a year, from one player to two players since last season. Our non-EU spots for last year were for Sheva and Viudez.
I think the new rule is as follows:
EDIT: You can sign a maximum of 2 non-eu players from outside of Italy but the second player can only be signed as a replacement for one outgoing non-EU player.
http://italian-calcio.blogspot.com/2008/07/serie-sides-get-second-non-eu-player.html
that's also how I remembered the rule. now, the new question is: we have Thiago Silva, and if we want to sign another non-EU, who should we release from the current squad? Shevchenko or Viudez? :delol: Don't tell me the only reason that we bought those two last year was just so that we can have some "easy" ones for exchange this year. :5milan: Still, it makes no sense at all why we wasted two non-EU spots last year.
Apparently Carlos Tevez' agent is in Milan, apparently to talk to Inter officials. In that case I guess it's goodbye to Zlatan, considering they just signed Milito. The other posibility is that he's in Milan to talk to us ofcourse ;) Supose it's good news for us either way, because as good as Tevez is, he doesn't have anything on Ibrahimovic, alhtough it'll be a terrible loss for Serie A.
Interesting scenario either way. Either we get someone useful, or Inter is turning into ArgentInter. :yawn: They never had enough of Argentine players, I guess? :D
Essien by the way has an French passport. He and Santacrocce would be awesome.
How about Adebayor?
Essien by the way has an French passport. He and Santacrocce would be awesome.
I did not know that (about Essien). That is good to know.
And I agree on Santacroce too. I don't think he will have an immediate impact on us (if Nesta is fit), but I reckon that would be a wise investment into the future. After all, he is both Italian and Brazilian, just the way we like. :kiss:
How about Adebayor?
Im not sure about Adebayor Sriegar
I think the new rule is as follows:
EDIT: You can sign a maximum of 2 non-eu players from outside of Italy but the second player can only be signed as a replacement for one outgoing non-EU player.
http://italian-calcio.blogspot.com/2008/07/serie-sides-get-second-non-eu-player.html
Yes, that's what I remember. I just knew that the second non-EU player can be signed if he moves abroad or becomes a free agent.
Thank you Mystik for your quick search about this.
Sorry guys, I think I gave you some dud info. Essien seems to be non eu, Im sure I read it somewhere though.:kap:
You are in big trouble, Mister. :angf::angf::angf:
:coffee:
johncharles365
01-06-2009, 15:07
adebayor holds a French passport as far as I Know i don't know the rules on citizenship but a passport usually enough to accord you a national status. Personally i don't want Abebayor too expensive for his talents.
You are in big trouble, Mister. :angf::angf::angf:
:coffee:
lol, I was desperately looking for something lol
You are in big trouble, Mister. :angf::angf::angf:
:coffee:
lol, I was desperately looking for something about Essien
adebayor holds a French passport as far as I Know i don't know the rules on citizenship but a passport usually enough to accord you a national status. Personally i don't want Abebayor too expensive for his talents.
Are you sure that Ade has also French passport?
johncharles365
01-06-2009, 15:22
hahahaha lol http://www.footballdatabase.com/index.php?page=player&Id=6348&b=true
no EU passport counted as a Ghana citizen doesn't matter anyway we could never afford him
johncharles365
01-06-2009, 15:24
Yes I pretty Sure Abebayor holds a French passport in my search for Essien national status i lost the link but i am pretty he would have a EU passport most of the Arsenal team hold european status to avoid applying for UK work permits i check again.
hahahaha lol http://www.footballdatabase.com/index.php?page=player&Id=6348&b=true
no EU passport counted as a Ghana citizen doesn't matter anyway we could never afford him
http://www.footballdatabase.com/index.php?page=player&Id=1401&b=true&pn=Sheyi_Emmanuel_Adebayor
:D
Lol, you guys brought us hope than diminish it in few minutes. :grinser:
Can this work?:
----------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Janku
--------Gattuso----Flamini
--------------Kaka
---------------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
---------------Adebayor
I don't think it's a safe bet all the time, but it would be frightening against tightly packed defenses at San Siro.
Edit: Just to explain. The value of Kaka rushing through the middle means that he will usually draw a player from the center of defence (especially if he beats the DM). This was usually not a big problem when playing one up front, as the second defender would cut the pass to the forward. But having R80, Pato and Adebayer (or whoever) in front means that Kaka has 3 options, and no matter which defender decides to rush Kaka, this means that one attacker will always be free.
johncharles365
01-06-2009, 15:30
yes all that was standing in the way of AC Milan signing Adebayor and Essien was the nationality of the two. All we had to do next is come up with 65 million Euros and 12 million Euro a year in combined wages and bonuses. if we are going to buy one of these players it should be Abebayor but i really don't want him at AC Milan.
Can this work?:
----------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Janku
--------Gattuso----Flamini
--------------Kaka
---------------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
---------------Adebayor
I don't think it's a safe bet all the time, but it would be frightening against tightly packed defenses at San Siro.
I think, the left side will be pretty weak since Ronaldinho can't defend and doesn't run back a lot and especially since Janku is just a weakness (regarding his defensive ability) for us if he plays as left fullback.
If we get Mexes or other better CB and switch T. Silva to the left side, the formation can be tried.
if bot ade and essien are non eu, then we can only sing one, as we already signed silva eho was non eu.
i think kaka will leave, and if he does then i wouldnt mind napoli's Hamsik as a potential replacement.
and for your line up brk, i dont think it works very well and i see zambrotta on the left instead on janku, and flamini in the right. and i prefer if we also bought a keeper like boruc for eg.
OCmilano
01-06-2009, 16:00
I dont know if im reading Uncle festers words but it seems like Pirlo and Seedorf might be on the table if anyone is interested.
Im all for it get some money for them..
LIKE THE DOORS SONG. "THE OLD GET OLDER AND THE YOUNG GET STRONGER"
I want our brazilians but at the end of the day this is a Italian team so i still want our youth to get involved.
Rossoneri Fuego
01-06-2009, 18:52
Can this work?:
----------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Janku
--------Gattuso----Flamini
--------------Kaka
---------------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
---------------Adebayor
I don't think it's a safe bet all the time, but it would be frightening against tightly packed defenses at San Siro.
Edit: Just to explain. The value of Kaka rushing through the middle means that he will usually draw a player from the center of defence (especially if he beats the DM). This was usually not a big problem when playing one up front, as the second defender would cut the pass to the forward. But having R80, Pato and Adebayer (or whoever) in front means that Kaka has 3 options, and no matter which defender decides to rush Kaka, this means that one attacker will always be free.
i hope so is that a italian 433? i love that formation its like kaka is butchering the opposing teams midfield
I'm not sure if kaka' will be happy playing so deep..he complained at the beggining of the year when he played a little deeper to his current striker role...
Gabriel489
02-06-2009, 02:57
I think Kaka will be switch to be a striker next season inorder to have Dinho and him playing together
seedorf to chelsea rumor finally started... :5guitar::5guitar::5guitar:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/02/1300021/seedorf-could-follow-ancelotti-from-milan-to-chelsea-report
ACMILAN1983
02-06-2009, 03:39
Seedorf to Chelsea is the new rumour and supposedly we're after Alex in return. That for me is a no brainer. Pirlo for Essien is the other recent rumour which is more difficult to decide due to the competition we already have for Essien's role and the fact that we'd lose a creative player in Pirlo. I know losing Seedorf also means losing a creative talent, but I value his role much less than Pirlo.
As for Galliani's recent comments. I think as per usual he was pretty much mostly just ranting about the state of Italian football (he does actually have a point though). He used guys like Pato and Kaka as an example, but ultimately I'm confident we'll keep both. Kaka has again said he wants to stay at Milan (I read a new article today) and I can't imagine the management would be stupid enough to sell Pato even if Carlo is supposedly trying to take him to Chelsea.
Can this work?:
----------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Janku
--------Gattuso----Flamini
--------------Kaka
---------------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
---------------Adebayor
I don't think it's a safe bet all the time, but it would be frightening against tightly packed defenses at San Siro.
Edit: Just to explain. The value of Kaka rushing through the middle means that he will usually draw a player from the center of defence (especially if he beats the DM). This was usually not a big problem when playing one up front, as the second defender would cut the pass to the forward. But having R80, Pato and Adebayer (or whoever) in front means that Kaka has 3 options, and no matter which defender decides to rush Kaka, this means that one attacker will always be free.
I hope you'd expect more reinforcements than just Adebayor ;)
Anyway, I don't think it'd work too well tbh, it's not so much the shape of the system but I think you're using personnel in the wrong areas. Dida I would guess would be out for Abbiati, whilst the defence doesn't look too bad. However, Janku MUST be replaced at LB, as quite frankly, he's rubbish at defending.
The midfield with Kaka in front of Rino and Flamini seems too deep for Kaka for me. His game has changed quite a lot over the past few years and he seems to have adjusted to the more supporting forward role. More importantly, the more advanced role means he gets more chances to make use of his skills, in particular his shooting. The other issue is with Dinho down the left, as was the case in the first half of this season Kaka's movement will be restricte, proving detrimental to his game.
Dinho down the left seems troubling to me. He's a good player, but down the left he's no longer got the effect he used to have. I think he's actually looking better more centrally these days as his passing range is still good. For this reason, I'd actually consider swapping Kaka and Dinho around. Though in reality, I'd rather see Pirlo take up that central role as his passing and vision is better than the other two.
Finally, in attack. I get the impression you want Pato to play as a supporting forward to Adebayor. If so, I'd rather actually consider using Pato as a pure forward (not striker) with Adebayor as a point reference for him to push through a defence. This way we can make use of his goalscoring instinct. It might seem a little old in style than the current trend of 4-3-3 with two wide attackers supporting a target man, but I'm certain for us it'd be more effective to get the most out of our players. Mostly, I'd change the style to be more fluid than it was in the past, as is necessary these days.
Gabriel489
02-06-2009, 03:40
I am starting to really love Carlo.
First the rumor of Pirlo and Essien swap.
And now there is a rumor of Seedorf and Alex swap.
Whats going to be next? Terry and Kaladze swap follow by a Bosigwa and Janku swap as well as a Dida and Cech swap and last but not least, a Ambrosini and Lampard swap.
I just love how the media are dreaming up stories.
IF that happens, God Bless Carlo for finally doing something constructive for Milan during these past two years.
Gabriel489
02-06-2009, 03:50
I don't get all of you sometime. Seedorf accomplished as much in Milan as Pirlo and Kaka. And yet, when a rumors of Seedorf leaving, we are all cheering while the other two put us in panic mode.
You guys are really ungrateful, as Seedorf and Carlo helped us win 2CL in 8 years. And thats one more than Kaka.
Show some respect peeps, as we really can't replace someone like Seedorf in the starting eleven. Since there is no professional football player that can move like him, as the others tends to run instead of walk, pass forward instead of backward, run back to help defense instead of walk back and prey others will defend. Those are qualities that nobody can replace. Not to mention the fact that Seedorf plays ALL THE TIME, it gives a sense of consistency to his teammates that: "Damn, that means we are playing with 10 players again."
Stop wishing Seedorf to leave Milan, as he is a symbol for us true diehard fans to boo, and scream at, also the players, mainly Senderous, Dida, Kaladze, Sheva, and even Pirlo and Janku will truly miss him as they will be saying: "Oh crap, that means we can't have an excuse of at least I played better than Seedorf."
I think the best way to fit both Dinho and Kaka into the same lineup could involve having Kakį play as a SS to Pato, leaving Dinho to play as a #10. If we use Pato as a CF, we won't need to sign a big name striker like Adebayor; though if Borriello doesn't heal up we should bring in a good backup.
This leaves 3 berths in central midfield, rather than two, so Gattuso and Flamini could play behind Pirlo. I really hope Pirlo will be pushed further upfield, and if Leo let him and Dinho be the main playmakers of our team we have arguably the best two passers of the ball outside of Barcelona.
I'm thinking something along these lines:
--------------Abbiati
Zambrotta - Thiago - Nesta - LB
--------Gattuso - Flamini
----------Pirlo
--------------Ronaldinho
--------Kakį
---------------Pato
Dude, you can have your say now, but lets see what happens next year.
One more thing, I do agree with you that the current Chelsea team has better players than the current Milan squad.
Yes, but he also has to face with the twice less patient club owner. Good luck Carletto, you're going to need it so bad, I'm warning you :r11:
I don't get all of you sometime. Seedorf accomplished as much in Milan as Pirlo and Kaka. And yet, when a rumors of Seedorf leaving, we are all cheering while the other two put us in panic mode.
You guys are really ungrateful, as Seedorf and Carlo helped us win 2CL in 8 years. And thats one more than Kaka.
Show some respect peeps, as we really can't replace someone like Seedorf in the starting eleven. Since there is no professional football player that can move like him, as the others tends to run instead of walk, pass forward instead of backward, run back to help defense instead of walk back and prey others will defend. Those are qualities that nobody can replace. Not to mention the fact that Seedorf plays ALL THE TIME, it gives a sense of consistency to his teammates that: "Damn, that means we are playing with 10 players again."
Stop wishing Seedorf to leave Milan, as he is a symbol for us true diehard fans to boo, and scream at, also the players, mainly Senderous, Dida, Kaladze, Sheva, and even Pirlo and Janku will truly miss him as they will be saying: "Oh crap, that means we can't have an excuse of at least I played better than Seedorf."
:haha: You should've used some smilies, buddy. Otherwise someone might think you really meant it
Gabriel489
02-06-2009, 05:53
Well, thats the point I am sending out.
Hahahaha
ALEX for Seedorf? This is like playing championship manager and you're in control of the other team too!!! Woohoo!!!
kastriot
02-06-2009, 06:08
ALEX for Seedorf? This is like playing championship manager and you're in control of the other team too!!! Woohoo!!!
Even then there is a slight chance the board will get involved and block the transfer!!! :LOL
This rumor is pure crap.:v46:
I don't think that we have to take into consideration all these rumours of switches between Chelsea players and Milan ones ...
Anyway, if that was to happen, I think that will mean that Berlusconi and Ancelotti are the central point of a Milan conspiracy ... :D
We have no money, so let's send our coach into a club with players who interest us, let's give them two players from our team to have two of their team, and in 2010-2011, after one good season with Leonardo (because Leonardo never wanted to be a coach so he will ask at the end of the season to become again a scout for us lol), Ancelotti is back in Milan !! :D
I don't think that we have to take into consideration all these rumours of switches between Chelsea players and Milan ones ...
Anyway, if that was to happen, I think that will mean that Berlusconi and Ancelotti are the central point of a Milan conspiracy ... :D
We have no money, so let's send our coach into a club with players who interest us, let's give them two players from our team to have two of their team, and in 2010-2011, after one good season with Leonardo (because Leonardo never wanted to be a coach so he will ask at the end of the season to become again a scout for us lol), Ancelotti is back in Milan !! :D
hehehe... :)
But you all know Ancelotti's favorite CB is Alex ( not counting Maldini, NEsta of course). He'll most likely sell Carwalho to Inter and not switch Alex with anyone.
About Seedorf, he is a class player that is no longer capable of playing at the highest level unless he gets extremly fit. With Carlo he didnt need to be fit so he never was...same as Pirlo.
KAka' said that he wants to stay in Milan and is begging not to ask him more coz he doesnt want to be manipulated in papers. Pato will not be sold, he is 19/20!
rinogattuso
02-06-2009, 06:33
Maldini, Kaką unsure "I do not know if it will remain"
Kaką? I do not know if it will remain at Milan, where Ancelotti was sealed on its future, Kaką has been even more. "
Maldini for gazzeta in few hours ago..
Ancelotti wants Pirlo,Pato,Adebayor,Xabi Alonso and bring back Glen Johnson..
johncharles365
02-06-2009, 06:38
god alex for seedorf what a great deal i swap you kaladze for ferreira and dida for Malouda please. I hope chelsea take a temporary leave of their senses they have some top players which Ac milan could nick. new formation for Milan I guess the 433 approach that Barcelona uses we have two second strikers in pato and ronnie and another striker in denial in Kaka who still thinks he should play midfield. it may option especially if Milan get a target man like Drogba or at stretch adebayor plus Borriello suited to target man role.
I think that all these rumors of our players' departure(kaka pato,even seedorf-pirlo),are just so as to feel pleased when noone will leave,and to not have any further expectations..some of wich are really necessary like a cb and a fc..we already have 15 extra millions(gourcuf),which i think are enough to buy mexes(or santa)..
it makes me really angry that we re not getting anyone,WE HAVE TO be complete by july!!!we already are in next year's c.l. and inter and juve have already been enforced with 2 players each..but still there are rumours for them that they want other players,and not for us(btw we had the worst season of all 3,although we were under the easiest circumstances,like not participating in c.l.)..
Christian
02-06-2009, 09:16
I think that all these rumors of our players' departure(kaka pato,even seedorf-pirlo),are just so as to feel pleased when noone will leave,and to not have any further expectations..some of wich are really necessary like a cb and a fc..we already have 15 extra millions(gourcuf),which i think are enough to buy mexes(or santa)..
it makes me really angry that we re not getting anyone,WE HAVE TO be complete by july!!!we already are in next year's c.l. and inter and juve have already been enforced with 2 players each..but still there are rumours for them that they want other players,and not for us(btw we had the worst season of all 3,although we were under the easiest circumstances,like not participating in c.l.)..
Easy now, we only just got a new coach yesterday, and we only just secured direct CL qualification on sunday. No rumours =/= nothing is happening. I agree that it's important to finish the mercato early, but if we buy a player today or we buy a player the 30th of june makes no difference, since the transfer window opens the 1st of July anyways.
Gabriel489
02-06-2009, 09:16
Don't worry mate, I am sure Seedorf and probably Pirlo will be playing for the Blues, while Essien and Drogba with us.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.