View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
Gourcuff is gone, and quite franky, if I was him I would have stayed in Bordeux too. 1. It is in France. 2. Milan never showed me any love. 3. Milan is a mess. Why would someone who is being make the next big thing or is the next big thing in France join a club in crisis.
Seedorf, there is only one reason why he is staying and thats b/c Milan is paying him wages he can't even get 25% from other clubs. I bet that Carlo wants him at the Blues but Roman probably said NO, NO, NO and NO. He might be a great player 15 yrs ago, but he is pure crap in 95% of the games now. He slowed down the play and allows the opposing team to rush back in defense.
Samueldinho, for all the physical play/speed of the game you been saying Milan should adopt, I just found it hard to see that you are supporting Seedorf to play well.
If Galli really is heading toward Seville to sign Luis, pls don't make an offer of 13MIl as thats insulting.
As for MIlan having first option on Real players, while won't ManU have that too as they also sold them CR7.
I have to agree with Gabriel's reasoning. Gorcuff, given most factors would still have stayed in France simply because France is a way better option for him currently in his career. He's in the heart of the French NT, he's playing good football for a team that appreciates and loves him, and regardless of how big-headed some of our fans may be, Milan never did look like a good prospect to return to ever since they sold Kaka.
Frankly, I never pegged him to replace Kaka's position, but rather Seedorf's. In that case, Seedorf would have been the one to replace Kaka's spot on the team, but with Flamini, Gattuso, Ambrosini and PIrlo (not to mention Beckham) in contention for the 3 midfield places, even I couldn't see him get more than a dozen or so starts. Who'd want that with a world cup year around the corner? Be rational guys, Tevez did the same thing to turn down Manchester United for 25 Mil simply because he received the offer after his contract was up and Ronaldo was sold to Madrid. If he felt that little gesture indicated that he wasn't wanted by the club, think about how getting loaned off to a club with an option to buy must have felt.
I frankly don't blame Gorky at all, and have always been behind him since he ever came here. I was gushing about him ever since his first Champions League goal on his debut, and oh so pissed that he was never central to our plans. I blame Carlo for not believing in his youth players and in Management for not developing his potential. When you buy them, and don't play them, players tend to look for better pastures. When the average age of starting players in most Top-class squads getting younger, and us still sticking to our policy of playing our fossils, can you really blame a 20 something year old for looking for more play time? Any promises from Leo are just empty, at least until we first see what team he throws out in his first competitive match. That's not a very good reassurance for anyone.
I honestly wish him the best of luck and all the best for the bright career he has.
As for the priority for Madrid players, I have to agree that we'd be only second in the list after Manchester. Yes, we sold them Kaka first, but United just sold them the Current World PLayer of the Year.
I'm looking at this mercato, and whilst we have all the time in the world, I really don't see anything positive coming out of it. If management can prove me wrong, I'm all for it. But I just don't see it happening.
MilaN VenoM
02-07-2009, 19:50
Manchester United Ready To Bid For Sevilla's Luis Fabiano - Report (http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/03/1360621/manchester-united-ready-to-bid-for-sevillas-luis-fabiano)
I guess there's no Fabiano any more , who's next?
I haven't seen Fabiano play that much.
But I want to know what do you guys think of him?
The only problem I seem to have is that he's already 28, and is he the striker we need?
I'm curious.
Warro Bantan
02-07-2009, 21:34
The Guardian is reporting an Owen to Man U move...so I doubt that they would be purchasing another fwd...Owen should be the Tevez replacement...right? :donkn:
So maybe, as is usual, goal.crap is just putting out more stuff snatched from the gutter of the press...(The Mirror)
Plus, while Owen is above the 26 age "cap" that Alex, so is Fabiano, and Owen is free, and Man U, while making a record sale, are also one of the most indebted clubs around...
Luca03
It depends on what kind of striker Leonardo wants. I don't think it is right or wrong to have a certain type of striker......be it a strong target man or a slick mobile fast forward. There is no right or wrong....better or worse. They are just two different ideas of playing football, and we need to find out which one Leonardo prefers.
From the looks of it.....since we identified Dzeko and Fabiano as possible targets.....we are probably going to play with someone with a stronger stature up front.
If that's the case.....then I think yes, Fabiano is a great striker that will fit that bill. He isn't totally like Drogba for examle, and he isn't totally like Pippo nor like Pato. In my eyes he is somewhere between all those types of players and has a little bit of everything. Don't get me wrong.....I don't think he is the perfect striker and as a matter of fact, he is far from perfect. But he can be very very useful for us. What I do like about him like I said is the fact that he can be strong when he needs to (come out and hold the ball).........he can also come deep and help out play......and he can also be slick in the box.
What's interesting to me is that he is all over the papers now due to the Conf. Cup but IMO he's done a lot better then that in Sevilla on many occasions. I have never seen him play in Brazil, so I can't comment on that.
I'll be honest, I never thought of him coming to Milan prior to these links now.....but I do like the idea of having him in our squad....since we are after a striker of his kind of mold. My first choice would have been Rossi since I don't necessarily think that we have to play with a strong striker. The idea of Rossi and Ronaldinho behind Pato seemed great to me with Boriello (someone we can use as a strong body up front when we need an alternative) and Inzaghi as back ups. However that ship has sailed away and with the money that Berlu is willing to shell out, Fabiano is probably one of the best options out there.......although the way the market is at the moment I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sevilla asks for something close to 30mil and for my liking that's too much for Fabiano because we can sign Rossi with that kind of money. Fabiano IMO shouldn't be more then 20mil......22 the most and that's really pushing it.
Well let's hope we can close the deal for a striker pretty soon. I know it's still early, but I can't wait to see a proper new arrival!
Hmmm, seems like we want to sell Pirlo, which is fine by me (if the money is right), but strangely the Hernanes rumours seem to have died down? Any news from Brazil, Brasileiro? Are other clubs still after him, or has Galliani gone there and already conducted business??
slifersd
02-07-2009, 23:19
Plus: I think the fact that the club seem somewhat open to Seedorf's departure, shows that they too want to get rid of, or at least reduce the wages of many players. However, they have deals to honor and contracts that bind them.
I wish Kaladze was given to Chelsea when he was on the verge of switching a few years back, because I honestly have never rated him in a Milan shirt, ever. But, then again, I just don't see how the club really can get some of these players out. They were rewarded contract extensions, because the way they played afforded them that right.
I am starting to believe more and more in Ronaldinho's reemergence as a force in world football. Watching old games of Dinho, you can see that his passes were there, it was just about understanding with the other strikers. I really think that Ronaldinho will be someone we rely on, not just out of necessity, but really because he will preform.
That didn't stop them from getting rid of Kaka. Let's face it, there are ways for a club to get rid of a player if they really really want to. In Seedorf's case, Milan simply did not want to seriously get rid of him. They were indifferent about whether he stay or leaves and that gave Seedorf the excuse he needed to stay.
Can anyone answer these Questions?...........
Is Milan a dominant force in the Asian Market??
What are we doing to generate money other than TV earnings?
How much do we earn from TV earnings?
Who is responsible for the sale of Milan shirts? Adidas or Milan?
How much do we earn from our shirt sponsors Bwin?
How many sold out games we had last season at the San Siro?
are we operating at a loss?
how much revenue did we earn over the past two years?
Ho, I only know the part answers for the first two questions and that too from an Indian perspective. EPL clubs are by far the most popular, especially Man Utd.
Consider the fact that very few people had heard of Chelsea before the Russian revolution and Chelsea has a decent fan base now. A few ex-chelsea players flew to India a few months ago for promotional activities. Apparently, Man Utd initiated a program to develop youth football in India. After Barca's surge around 5 years ago, many people became Barca fansmost of them attracted by their beautiful approach to football. Galacticos' era ensured that Real Merda gained popularity.
As far as Milan and Serie A go, a single sports channel (unlike 2 for EPl, namely ESPN and Star Sports) broadcasts Serie A games along with Bundesliga. Bundesliga gets more attention in this channel with special programs on German football. As you know Serie A clubs sell their TV rights individually, we don't get to watch all Milan games as that channel doesn't have the TV rights for San Siro. To sum it up, it's pathetic marketing by Serie A in general. However, fake AC Milan shirts are very popular because of splendid red and black combination. Not to mention the fact that Kaka's exploits in CL 2007, esp defeat of Man Utd, made AC Milan popular. I mean, if ask many football fans who played the finals in CL 2003, they would just reply "some Italian clubs and it was boring" when it was the most intense CL final I have ever watched! I hope I will get to watch all Milan games on TV instead of internet streams after Serie A broke with Serie B to become a premier league.
pirlofanusa
02-07-2009, 23:54
My ideal lineup for next year-
------ Abs--------
Flamini--Nesta---- GAMBERINI----CRISCTO
Gattuso(C)--Pirlo--HERNANDES
----ROSSI----
Pato--HUNTELAAR
Bench-Silva, Zambro, Oddo, Boriello, Pippo, ROSSINA, Antonini, Bonera, Abate,
i think we should sell Dinho to Man City, cause they will spend a lot of money for him, cause they can market him. With that money we can buy Rossi and Rossina. Hunt would be a great target man for us. Hernandes would be an really good player for us and could take over for Pirlo in the future. Flamini played well at RB, and his pace would be a huge asset for us, as would Criscto. i also think it would be a good idea to buy Andrea Consigli to be our GK of the future. he is only 22, and he could take over in a year or two.
hitmannq8
03-07-2009, 00:04
Brasiliero I have always agreed with you before in your opinions....however there's a first time for everything..... I think Fabiano is not the player we need and I don't agree that he is as good as you make him. I would honestly rather have Dzeko.
But thats just my opinion and it doesn't matter - does Fabiano have a European passport?
I am really pissed that our management is completely ignoring G. Rossi and Rosina. I mean - I dont think I need to be in football for 20 years to know that these players are perfect players for the squad if not the first 11.
Samaldinho
03-07-2009, 00:44
That didn't stop them from getting rid of Kaka. Let's face it, there are ways for a club to get rid of a player if they really really want to. In Seedorf's case, Milan simply did not want to seriously get rid of him. They were indifferent about whether he stay or leaves and that gave Seedorf the excuse he needed to stay.
I don't think it's about the management wanting to get rid of Kaka and not wanting to get Seedorf.
It's actually, the management just showed that they DO want to get rid of Seedorf, but he won't go. There are ways to force him out, like putting him on the bench, or the reserves, but is that really the way a proper club should be run, especially considering what Seedorf has done for Milan in the past?
Gabriel489
03-07-2009, 00:45
Asia Market, this is all from my perspective/observation. I can only comment on the Far East part, as I have no clue about India and others.
Japan was supposedly Series A strong hold in the Far East market, but with the success of ManU in 1999(ie Beakham and the treple) then Real and Dinho/Barcelona. Liga, actually only Barcelona and Real and EPL(Big four) had taken a huge chunk of the market share from Series A. TO be honest, if it is not for Nakata and Morimoto now, Series A would have been at third place behind Liga and EPL. Milan is doing well compare to other Series A side, mainly due to Kaka in 2007, Beckham and Dinho. BUt still behind Real, ManU, Barcelona and Pool. Dinho is the key for Milan in the Japan's market as long as Nike still uses him in their commericals, something that is becoming less and less.
South Korea is ManU and EPL, hands down. There is not one Koreans I know that does not know anything about ManU or EPL, mainly b/c of JS Park. Actually, one of my friends, she works for ESPN Seoul and she was sent to interview JS Park quite often and TV stations often has a special on JS PARK per week. Despite the fact that JS Park is a bench player on ManU.
Like Japan, Real and Barcelona are also big in Korea, but the rest are far far behind, even Milan.
Taiwan is a huge market but EPL byfar has the biggest market share there.
Hong Kong, EPL is destroying every other league, even teams like Barcelona and Real. I think thats mainly b/c of the time of the matches in Liga and Series A. THere are diehard followers for Real, Barcelona, Milan, Inter and others, but EPL is clearly running away.
China, thats the biggest market in Asia, if not the World. Sadly, it is EPL with the majority and strangely, in my opinion, the German League is the second fav. Milan did got a lot of publicity as Kaka is the spokesperson for a very popular candy/throat medicine like Halls.
To sums up, EPL is clearly the most powerful league in terms of having Market Share in the Far East.
That didn't stop them from getting rid of Kaka. Let's face it, there are ways for a club to get rid of a player if they really really want to. In Seedorf's case, Milan simply did not want to seriously get rid of him. They were indifferent about whether he stay or leaves and that gave Seedorf the excuse he needed to stay.
There is a huge difference between potential sales of Kaka or Seedorf. Even if we wanted to sell him, Seedorf may want to honor his contract because whoever we sell him to (Ajax) will not be willing to pay him as much salary as he's getting with us. So for Seedorf, it's not about Milan not willing to sell him, it's about the player WANTING to honor his good contract and will only consider leaving after the contract has expired.
WIth Kaka it's totally the opposite. Would he have gone to Madrid if they offered to pay him half what he earned at Milan? He went because they increased his salary!! So the only way for Milan to retain him is to bump us his contract and match the offer--and obviously, we are in no shape to do that so we accepted cash from Madrid and Kaka happily accepted a pay rise.
Gabriel489
03-07-2009, 00:48
I don't think it's about the management wanting to get rid of Kaka and not wanting to get Seedorf.
It's actually, the management just showed that they DO want to get rid of Seedorf, but he won't go. There are ways to force him out, like putting him on the bench, or the reserves, but is that really the way a proper club should be run, especially considering what Seedorf has done for Milan in the past?
In the old days of Milan, I would say yes. But in today's Milan, I would say no, as I really don't see Galli and others are running Milan like a proper football club.
Gabriel489
03-07-2009, 00:54
There is a huge difference between potential sales of Kaka or Seedorf. Even if we wanted to sell him, Seedorf may want to honor his contract because whoever we sell him to (Ajax) will not be willing to pay him as much salary as he's getting with us. So for Seedorf, it's not about Milan not willing to sell him, it's about the player WANTING to honor his good contract and will only consider leaving after the contract has expired.
WIth Kaka it's totally the opposite. Would he have gone to Madrid if they offered to pay him half what he earned at Milan? He went because they increased his salary!! So the only way for Milan to retain him is to bump us his contract and match the offer--and obviously, we are in no shape to do that so we accepted cash from Madrid and Kaka happily accepted a pay rise.
You are making it sounded like Kaka asked for the transfer.
It was MIlan who offered him to Real, and it was Milan who wanted to sell him to ManCity for 100Mil. Milan was the one that shopped him around.
Ofcourse Kaka could have choose to stay, most likely Milan will shop him to another club until they can cash Kaka's value in.
Yes, Kaka accepted Real but why wouldn't he, if the club he is playing for is shopping him around.
The positive things from Luis Fabioano (not my first choice though) are that he is an exprienced striker who has proved his quality in La Liga and Brasil NT. He is in his prime age (28 years old), someone that Pato should also need beside him. He should be cheaper than other targets since Milan bid is around 15-16 euros (13 mil pounds) if news can be trusted. One important thing is that he has EU-pass which makes Milan able to buy Hernanes this season.
Dutchie-Milan
03-07-2009, 03:35
Finally some good mercato news for us.
So Galliani and his friend are in Sevilla to talk about Fabiano,also it is reported that Galliani asked Real to not sell Huntelaar yet because if the Fabiano deal falls through then Milan want to snap up Huntelaar first,and Perez agreed with this.
So one way or the other,Galliani will leave Spain with a new striker,be it Fabiano or Hunter,and i really hope Klaas-Jan and not Luis.
Fabiano has skills and has everything what a striker need,but i still would choose the dutchman just because of his age.
I also dont think Fabiano will come,i dont blame the MGT if the deal doesnt suceed because Sevilla is like somebody said really pushing it with their 30 mln demands....He isnt worth that money,20 million max. but not more!
Dutchie-Milan
03-07-2009, 04:37
To bad Piersilvio Berlusconi isnt running the club instead of his disguisting daddy,Piersilvio understands Milan problems,he knows what to do,he made some good comments last year and again now saying he didnt agreed with the transfer of Ronaldinho and also didnt want Sheva back.He was the one saying that we needed a big CF instead of Dinho....to bad
Hasan Rossonero
03-07-2009, 06:11
Apparently Pirlo is very close to Chelsea (milannews.it)
EXCLUSIVE: Marko Arnautovic To Inter Deal Is Off - Agent
The player's agent has told Goal.com that the striker's move to Inter has collapsed...
3 Jul 2009 11:00:30
Photo GalleryZoom
Marko Arnautovic, FC Twente (Foto ANP)
Related Links
Teams
Twente
Inter Milan
Players
Marko Arnautovic
Marko Arnautovic's proposed move from FC Twente to Italian champions Inter is off, Goal.com can exclusively reveal.
Both clubs had reached an agreement over the player's contract terms, but they were unable to reach an accord over the transfer conditions. With reports claiming the deal was up in the air, Goal.com caught up with the player's agent Rob Groener and he revealed that the deal is off for now.
"There are many structures which you have to go through in order for a transfer to take place," Groener told Goal.com.
"Inter would naturally fit a player and they wanted him, but this is a lot of money. Ultimately, both parties could not agree."
Reports claimed Inter wanted to take the player, who is recovering from injury, on a loan deal. However, the agent claimed there was never such a negotiation, and the player is now upset with the failed move.
"Marko is obviously disappointed. Will Inter try again in the winter transfer window? I do not know. I have not heard anything from Inter. We have to see what will happen," concluded the agent.
Although the agent claims the deal is off, neither Inter nor FC Twente have made an official comment just yet.
Tommy van Eldik,Goal.com
This player is a talented Striker. Perhaps we could strike a superior deal for him?
Apparently Pirlo is very close to Chelsea (milannews.it)
On the other hand, this just came across the Yahoo U.K. live transfer feed:
Chelsea seem to have missed out on Andrea Pirlo, who prefers a move to Spain with Aletico Madrid close to sealing a deal for the Milan midfielder.
I find that rather hard to believe, actually. Not that Atletico's money isn't as good as Chelsea's (assuming they're offering as much) but I figured if Pirlo was going anywhere it would be with Carlo. Could Milan be actively shopping him?
The Huntelaar deal looks off, as Man Utd are now after him. At the moment, hate to say it, the Red Devils would be more of an attractive prospect.
The Huntelaar deal looks off, as Man Utd are now after him. At the moment, hate to say it, the Red Devils would be more of an attractive prospect.
United are also said to be after Fabiano. I don't think either deal is off just because United is interested. And I think Dutchie mentioned something about reading that Galliani would be talking to Sevilla about Fabiano and had asked Madrid to hold up on selling Huntelaar until the Fabiano issue was settled and apparently Perez agreed.
But then you really can't depend on what you read in the papers or on the internet one way or the other.
EDIT: I actually just read the thing about Perez agreeing to hold onto Huntelaar for Milan myself. We'll see.
And thinking about it, I'm not sure why Manchester United would have a need for Huntelaar (especially if they sign Michael Owen, although Huntelaar is much better at this point). They already have Berbatov and Rooney is moving back up front. Plus they're developing Macheda. I would think they'd be looking more for wide options than in-the-box options. But we'll see.
United are also said to be after Fabiano. I don't think either deal is off just because United is interested. And I think Dutchie mentioned something about reading that Galliani would be talking to Sevilla about Fabiano and had asked Madrid to hold up on selling Huntelaar until the Fabiano issue was settled and apparently Perez agreed.
But then you really can't depend on what you read in the papers or on the internet one way or the other.
plus, Huntelaar isn't even our fist choice. Manchester are about to sign Owen, so for them, Hunter is an emergency choice. Get Fabiano, bcs he'll work well with Dihno and Pato. It won't be like a Kaka and Ronaldihno mess, bcs they all will give each other space.
Marcus Paixao Diniz
Does anyone know who this Brazilian defender is. We have acquired him for next season it seems.....
Hasan Rossonero
03-07-2009, 08:18
Marcus Paixao Diniz
Does anyone know who this Brazilian defender is. We have acquired him for next season it seems.....
Could you please post the source when you have news like this? :D
Dutchie-Milan
03-07-2009, 08:34
Marcus Paixao Diniz
Does anyone know who this Brazilian defender is. We have acquired him for next season it seems.....
Old news i guess,his name already passed by on this forum.I think he was the one from Livorno we acquired back from them.
Not much to say about him IMO,he isnt good enough for Livorno so he is for sure not good enough for us,i dont know why Milan didnt sold him.....Probably so Galliani wont have to buy CB and say: We already brought back a fine defender in Diniz.
I also truly believe that United wont buy Huntelaar before Milan have given Real the green light,Perez and Galliani are close friends,i believe the report that Milan have the first option on Huntelaar. And those United-Huntelaar links arent that serious,its not that United expressed there desire to buy him,its just rumours,they are also being linked with Zlatan today....
Wenger has said today that he believes that Adebayor could move to Milan and that Arsenal could struck a deal with us but that he hopes that Ade stays in London.
Also,like you all said,Pirlo seems to be moving to Chelski.
Hasan Rossonero
03-07-2009, 08:54
England's summer of rejection
By Norman Hubbard
(Archive)
July 2, 2009
* Comment
* Email
* Print
Kaka chose Spain. Cristiano Ronaldo chose Spain. Franck Ribery, should he be granted a choice, appears likely to choose Spain. David Villa wants to remain there. So, despite the offer of becoming the best paid player in England, does Samuel Eto'o. Collectively, it amounts to a considerable snub.
GettyImages
Samuel Eto'o: Set to snub England?
While a brochure has already been published to advertise Michael Owen, perhaps another needs to be commissioned to promote the Premier League to elite footballers.
After providing nine Champions League semi-finalists in the past three seasons, England's top division has a compelling case to be regarded as the best in the world. What it does not appear to be, at least in the eyes of the players who might comprise the shortlist for the Ballon D'Or, is the most glamorous.
This has been a chastening summer in the transfer market for the English clubs. Thus far, the only signing from overseas that entailed a sizeable fee is the Belgian defender Thomas Vermaelen; the defender may rectify a flaw in the Arsenal side, but he has rarely been described as a global superstar.
Those lauded in such terms, meanwhile, appear unlikely to ply their trade in England next season.
Karim Benzema talked of staying at Lyon for another year, but has plumped for a move to Real Madrid. Felipe Melo has shown no enthusiasm to trade Italy for England. David Silva may be Rafa Benitez's premier target, but wealthier buyers lurk in his homeland. Indeed, the Liverpool manager is having to ward off interest from his compatriots in Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.
And therein lies part of the problem. Real Madrid have the greatest spending power. They have distorted the market, changing the nature of supply and demand economics with an endless supply of millions and a demand for all the world's recognised top talents. Manchester City may possess a similarly bulging bank balance, but they lack Real's cachet.
The dynamic has changed and England's top four appear to be suffering. Lower down the Premier League, and in more impoverished divisions across the continent, crocodile tears may be shed. For Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, the regret may be more heartfelt.
There are several factors. Spain's triumph in Euro 2008, coupled with Barcelona's similarly stylish Champions League victory, has made La Liga more fashionable. Economic considerations help. The pound has fallen in the exchange rate with the euro, meaning players from abroad effectively cost English clubs more, while tax rises will affect the players. From 2010, the top rate of taxation will increase to 50% (whereas in Spain, a tax break means high earning foreigners pay 24%, not the previous 43%).
GettyImages
Thomas Vermaelen: Thus far the only big money foreign signing of the summer in England
Arsene Wenger, for one, believes that is a deterrent to footballers and Andrey Arshavin has already been vocal in his complaints; such is the hardship of life on planet football though the majority of voters, not troubled by multimillion pound contracts, have proved rather more enthusiastic about the increased demands on the well paid.
Add in the inherent advantages the Mediterranean countries possess for many, such as climate (it is hard for Ronaldo to remain so bronzed when he has to visit drizzling, freezing Blackburn) and the gravitational pull of Real Madrid to the Spanish and Portuguese diaspora, and the Premier League threatens to become the world's richest feeder league.
After making or enhancing their reputations in England, players such as Ronaldo, David Beckham, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Arjen Robben, Lassana Diarra and Thierry Henry have all migrated south.
Few have made the opposite journey with only Liverpool consistently signing established players from Spain. Yet it is worth remembering how the Premier League has improved in recent seasons.
Whereas the influential imports in its initial seasons tended to be players in the second half of their careers - including Eric Cantona, Jurgen Klinsmann, Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli and Gianfranco Zola - or those who, such as Peter Schmeichel and Dennis Bergkamp, were approaching their peak when they arrived, the modern trend has been to recruit at a younger age.
Compile a list of the most significant foreigners in the last half-dozen seasons and it would have to include Ronaldo, Henry, Cesc Fabregas and Fernando Torres. The latter was the oldest upon his arrival, at 23, and the closest to worldwide recognition. None would have ticked Florentino Perez's boxes then; barring the small matter of allegiances to Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, all do now.
The intensity of the league and the quality of the coaching, much of it by imported managers, has enabled each to realise unquestioned potential. While the regulations permitting English clubs to acquire players of the calibre of Fabregas and Federico Macheda at such formative stages in their careers can be questioned, they have proved a boon to the Premier League.
It means, too, that there is an inevitability that they, like Gerard Pique and Giuseppe Rossi before them, will be tempted to return to their own countries.
Yet the traffic in senior players can be one way. The Premier League has prospered less by trading with Spain and Italy than by signing from France, Holland and Portugal, plus South America and Eastern Europe. A dominance was established without often being in direct competition with Real Madrid.
Manchester United's prospective recruitment of Douglas Costa suggests that while Real want the Ronaldo of 2009, Sir Alex Ferguson is looking for someone closer to the 2003 model. Like Nani, Anderson and the da Silva twins before him, he is being targeted for what he might do in the future, not what he has accomplished in the past. As the man who is now United's premier Portuguese winger shows, that is not a failsafe formula, but it has paid dividends at Old Trafford.
While Ferguson still has the best part of £100m to spend and Manchester City even more, marquee signings will remain on the agenda.
But should the summer of rejection continue, it may render next season's Champions League more intriguing as the Premier League quartet, whose progress is often attributed to a financial advantage, have to prove money isn't everything.
soccernet
Hasan Rossonero
03-07-2009, 08:58
Milan Have Plenty Of Time To Sign A Striker - Adriano Galliani
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has revealed the club will sign a striker, but there is no rush...
3 Jul 2009 14:10:26
Adriano Galliani - Milan (Grazia Neri)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Adriano Galliani - Milan (Grazia Neri)
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani is staying cool as the transfer market begins to heat up by claiming the club has time to bring in a top-class hitman.
Galliani has been keeping his eyes firmly locked on Luis Fabiano after the chase for Wolfsburg star Edin Dzeko fizzled out. Reports claimed he was set to travel to Seville for high-powered talks with Sevilla for Fabiano. However, the chief was in Milan this afternoon wining and dining with transfer consultant Ernesto Bronzetti and he spared a moment to give an update on his transfer plans.
"We will go to pre-season without a new striker, but someone will arrive. There is still plenty of time as the transfer market is very long," Galliani told Sky Sport Italia when asked about the progress regarding his striker search.
The chief was in no mood to speak with his mouth full, but he did hint that he is still on the watch for Porto defender Aly Cissokho, despite the plug being pulled on the move.
"The transfer talks for Cissokho is still on standby," concluded the chief.
Although Galliani stayed quiet over which striker would come in, Sky Sport Italia are speculating that Fabiano is the favourite as Bronzetti has big links to Spanish football.
goal.com
Marcus Paixao Diniz
Does anyone know who this Brazilian defender is. We have acquired him for next season it seems.....
He is our former primavera player a couple of seasons ago. I forget which year exactly it was.
johncharles365
03-07-2009, 09:43
Manchester utd will probably want villa or ibra maybe torres or cassano they want to retain their epl tittle so i would guess that they would buy a established striker. Fabiano says doesn't want to go to England because of the weather which i find silly as we are currently having a heat wave. As for Huntelaar i would expect him to only leave for team like milan or juve or manu maybe bayern, to be honest i would expect Milan to strong contenders in a possible transfer of the player it just depends on which club he wants to join.
We always need "friends" or "links" to buy some player. Becouse Galliani doesnt do anything clean!
If some of you can read a bit of italian go to calciomercato and read what italians say about Milan, season tickets etc. People are asking that Galliani leaves Milan in 99% of cases, they do not want to buy tickets etc.
And about "the Dinho" ( no disrespert to Brk ), we saw how he looks like right now, 5 kg too much. Players can be out of shape, but not overheight! Which top player in todays football has 5kg too much?? NOONE. When you dont work 3 years its easy to understand one month of work cant help you.
"we'll start preparations without a striker..." Why didnt he say:" we'll start preparations without NO NEW players..."
Nah, what they have done out of Milan is tragic.
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 10:01
Brasiliero I have always agreed with you before in your opinions....however there's a first time for everything..... I think Fabiano is not the player we need and I don't agree that he is as good as you make him. I would honestly rather have Dzeko.
But thats just my opinion and it doesn't matter - does Fabiano have a European passport?
I am really pissed that our management is completely ignoring G. Rossi and Rosina. I mean - I dont think I need to be in football for 20 years to know that these players are perfect players for the squad if not the first 11.
No problem, my friend. It´s your opinion, you think I´m wrong and I respect.
Yep, Luis Fabiano has a Spanish passport.
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 10:07
Well let's hope we can close the deal for a striker pretty soon. I know it's still early, but I can't wait to see a proper new arrival!
Hmmm, seems like we want to sell Pirlo, which is fine by me (if the money is right), but strangely the Hernanes rumours seem to have died down? Any news from Brazil, Brasileiro? Are other clubs still after him´s , or has Galliani gone there and already conducted business??
There´s nothing here in Brazil, rt9...at leats froma credible source.
The news here are the same of Europe: Pirlo to Chelsea and Hernanes to Milan. They just copy and paste the european article.
São Paulo is a very closed club...it´s hard to get a real notice from them, but if any credible journalist say something, I will post here.
Agreed. People insist on looking at Gourcuff as the Second Coming in order to fuel their anti-management invective even further.
He may have ruled Bordeaux but couldn't cut the mustard in Milan, plain and simple.
but obviously Oddo, Emesrson, Sheva, Janku, Kaladze, Senderos and some others cut the mustard :5ok:
If "we" are such a brilliant friends with Perez, cant Milan get Huntelaar on loan with an option?
And what could Aguero's price be? Not more then 45mln aguess, if Kaka' is worth 65mln. And Kaka' is, without a doubt, better player then Aguero. With all that money we can earn, why cant Milan try to sign Aguero? He can play as a right attacking winger/seconda punta. He plays if oftenly...
mmmm aguero
its a dream signning
if milan sign him
i will :v408: HAIL :v408:galiani for the whole year...
Jay Crisp
03-07-2009, 11:41
Up on Channel 4 football italia it says Galliani said Milan will sign a big name striker not by monday because the market is open until the end of august
I hope by big name he means quality well respected player and not big name as in Luca Toni Varchetta Delle Cave cos that is one big long name.
Big name signing? hmmmmmm....I got it, it's - Hitzlsperger :1ole:
From what we've seen lately, to Galliani big name doesn't necessarily means quality, WC players. Dinho, Sheva and Becks are big names. What we need is quality player, not marketing tool
Maltese Charlie
03-07-2009, 11:52
Milan Valoti, ds Albinoleffe: 'Beretta somiglia a Inzaghi'
18:05 del 03 luglio
Il ds dell'Albinoleffe Aladino Valoti commenta le qualità di Giacomo Beretta, neoacquisto 17.enne del Milan con ottime prospettive: "Siamo orgogliosi per questa opportunità che avrà il ragazzo, su cui si è parlato tanto. Ha delle grosse qualità, è un attaccante di indubbio valore vista l'età".
Valoti spiega: "Quando l'abbiamo visto a Varese siamo subito stati convinti potesse percorrere la strada per arrivare in prima squadra. Non lo farà con noi, siamo comunque contenti per questo percorso alternativo che potrà dare soddisfazioni a tutti".
Il ds dei seriani conclude: "Ha giocato nell'Under 17, cerca molto bene la porta con dei movimenti naturali. Deve lavorare molto, ha davanti un cammino lungo, ma ha un profilo giusto e ha la testa a posto. Il paragone più ricorrente per quanto lo riguarda è quello con Inzaghi".
The sport Director of Albinoleffe said that he compares the 17 years old Giacomo Beretta with Inzaghi.
Not bad to have an Inzaghi clone. :)
Maltese Charlie
03-07-2009, 11:56
With a big name CF Galliani means a CF like DZEKO, L.Fabiano, Huntelaar etc..
But the problem is that he said that most probably he will arrive at the last days of August.:ilol:
I think most of us never see Beretta before. Personally, I think Paloschi is the closest thing to Pippo
With a big name CF Galliani means a CF like DZEKO, L.Fabiano, Huntelaar etc..
Well, they're literally big players, at least compares to me :tong:
But the problem is that he said that most probably he will arrive at the last days of August.:ilol:
Oh no, not another RO case. Arriving on the last day of transfer means that the new player doesn't get enough chance to adapt with the rest of the team. That's why even though we have plenty of time (2 months), I think it's much better if the new players take part in the training camp together
I don't recall Galliani saying a striker will arrive the last day of August. I thought he just said not too soon.
Um, surely in the meantime we can confirm Cissokho, buy a CB and get Hernanes? Right? lol
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 12:37
I haven't seen Fabiano play that much.
But I want to know what do you guys think of him?
The only problem I seem to have is that he's already 28, and is he the striker we need?
I'm curious.
Luca03, I will give you my opinion.
The first time I saw L.Fabiano playing, he was still a Ponte Preta(middle team from the state of São Paulo) player, so even if people can´t rate him as high as I do, at least I saw him playing a lot.
First of all, there´s something in Luis Fabiano that a don´t understand. He broke all the goal records playing for São Paulo, a team with a wealth history of amazing offensive players. Even with that, average Brazilian forwards had received more hype than him when it came to be wanted out by European teams and fans. Very strange imo...
Inside of Brazil I understood this, because L. Fabiano was hated by the rivals fans. Because of his old temper(on the field) and capacity to score a lot and in all big games, if you wasn´t a São Paulo fan(to be clear, I´m not) there´s a good chance you would hate Luis Fabiano.
Luis Fabiano had a big problem in the past: his temper. I remember several games where Luis scored 2 or 3 goals, and after that, with the game decided, he received a red(or a second yellow) card to falling in some provocation from rivals. That alone hurt a lot L. Fabiano name for future tranfers.
But one big misunderstood was that people often confused his temper(on the field) with a possibity of to by a cancer for the locker room. Fabiano is a great professional and teammate, but without a doubt, the fear of a possible new Edmundo hurt Luis Fabiano stock.
His temper problem are in the past, period. But if you want the best of him, you need a coach that trully give this guy confidence. So, if he isn´t a Leonardo choice, it´s better to forget. He can cope with all the pressure of the world(as you can see in Brazil NT), but he´s the type of player that need a coach on his side for that. Manolo Jimenez bet for him, and he delivered. Dunga bet for him, and he saved Dunga job 3 times. Jaunde Ramos didn´t like him and had a inconstant player. Even with that, in all big games(as in UEFA CUP finals)Juande started Luis Fabiano and he scored in the first.
I´m reading several editorials in European press saying that Luis Fabiano isn´t the typical Brazilian CF, and thats alone shows that these guy never really watched Fabiano to play in a regular bases. Luis isn´t only strong, he´s very VERY skilled. Just youtube his goal clips and you will see amazing goals, that only a very skilled forward can do. Another thing he aded to his game since became a Sevilla player, was the skill to bring to the ground long balls. He didn´t have it in his arsenal, but playing for Juande makes Fabiano develope this type of game, so he could also play in that old English way of play(hope you understand my point).
Now it´s easy to be on the side of Luis Fabiano here in Brazil, but in the past, I and others 20%(generaly São paulo fans), were mocked in brazilian forums because we said that a in form Luis Fabiano is better than a in form Adriano. I always stick with this, and the numbers don´t lie, Luis score more, and also bring more to the table. He can make one-two´s(Adriano really can´t), and can also play as a support striker because of his skill set. Adriano while in form is a freak, didn´t have half of Luis Fabiano skill set. Luis Fabiano is a Center Forward with skills of a support striker(seconda punta).
Wow, I wrote a lot, sorry Luca03...but it´s my opinion, Luis is one of the most underrated Brazilian of his generation(if not the most). Old members maybe can remember that in the past, Kaka also try hard to bring Luis Fabiano to Milan, but for some reason(maybe the non-EU status) our board opted for others players.
Also, just for curiosity, Luis fabiano was the pivot of the brawl between Sandro Rossell and Juan Laporta in Barcelona. Rossel wanted Ronaldinho and Luis Fabiano but Laporta blocked Fabiano purchase(Opting to bring Maxi Lopes from River Plate and now in Grêmio), and that started the famous fight in Barça board culminating with Rossell quiting the vice-president position.
Regarding his age(28), it would be great if Fabiano was 23 years old, but we can´t also only to buy unproven players. Also, as Luis is a hard worker and take care of his body(besides to play as CF), I can see Fabiano playing at a high level until at least 33 years old...
EDIT:Some goals...
This top-15 is lame, but at least has some amazing goals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nt0dkQpJRE
Some footage from São Paulo and Sevilla:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBgxbdQCOb8&feature=related
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 13:29
Goals and antics of a young Luis Fabiano(he was a crazy :) but very talented):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-wN1wOjlok&feature=related
Sevilla:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj89jkndKG0&feature=related
This was what scared european teams(against River Plate):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXIxN-YmULY&feature=related
Quote: "Between to fight and go to penaltys decision, I chose to help in the fight:)"
The young Luis was totaly crazy:)
Well....according to Goal.com an offer of 14mil Euro by Galliani was rejected by Sevilla.
I gave my opinion on Fabiano in this thread yesterday and I mentioned that I think he'll cost around 20mil. So before people come here and call Galliani an embarassment and how 14mil is an embarassing offer......I actually think it's a great opening bid for the player, simply because Sevilla reported asking price of around 30mil is even more embarassing. So in the end....if the negotiations go well we should be able to get the player for somewhere around 18-20mil Euro.
In my eyes, for that money and for the available strikers out there in the mold that we seem to be looking for....that's a fair price.
Hasan Rossonero
03-07-2009, 13:35
One reason why we should sign him is because he is a great fighter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Figkmz3Rs
:ilol:
Honestly, I haven't seen worse coordination in a fight. Embarrassing.
This is Luis Fabiano's stats with Sevilla :
Season-----Games----Goals
2005/2006----23------5----
2006/2007----26------10---
2007/2008----30------24---
2008/2009----26------ 8----
It's not impressive IMO. But for 13 mil pounds it seems OK. If I can choose, I pick Dzeko.
ps : stats is from La Liga games
One reason why we should sign him is because he is a great fighter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Figkmz3Rs
:ilol:
Honestly, I haven't seen worse coordination in a fight. Embarrassing.
Haha, I remember seeing that game live. That was some pathetic swinging by Fabiano. Looked like he thought he was swimming.
Basileiro, Luis might have been crazy when he was young, but I'm sure he got his ass whoped quite a few times with embarassing fighting skills like those. :)
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 13:59
This is Luis Fabiano's stats with Sevilla :
Season-----Games----Goals
2005/2006----23------5----
2006/2007----26------10---
2007/2008----30------24---
2008/2009----26------ 8----
It's not impressive IMO. But for 13 mil pounds it seems OK. If I can choose, I pick Dzeko.
Siregar, only in his 3rd season he was a fully starter. With Juande he played only the first or second-half. In several game in 05/06 and 06/07 he played only one half of the game.
Don´t get me wrong, this isn´t a knock at you, but as I said, very few watched most of Sevilla games. In Fabiano case these stats are misleading. To be fair, you could have writed Fabiano´s São Paulo and Brazil NT goal average to make a point...they are trully impressive.
Also, 2008/09 he was injured a lot, and play several of this 26 games coming of the bench...
I really want to see Dzeko next season. Bundesliga today is a very offensive oriented league, and isn´t that hard to score like in the past.
Imo, 13 pounds for the starter of Brazil NT, goal scorer in South America Quali, estabilished player is a embarassing offer.
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 14:01
Haha, I remember seeing that game live. That was some pathetic swinging by Fabiano. Looked like he thought he was swimming.
Basileiro, Luis might have been crazy when he was young, but I'm sure he got his ass whoped quite a few times with embarassing fighting skills like those. :)
HAhaha...nah, he ws always better as a football player:)
Can´t remember his ass being whoped, even with that fight skills...also, Diogo isn´t a Mike Tyson also...
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 14:35
Btw, despite the fact Sevilla rejected 14M bid, EFE ag. is saying that Sevilla directors confirmed that they are open to negotiate Luis Fabiano for less than his buy out(30M).
So, since Galliani always shows patience in negotiations(for the good and bad), we will need also patience to know the final of this purchase.
15-16 mil euros as first bid for a player who only scored many goals in one season in La Liga is not an embrassing offer IMO. He is not La Liga Top Scorer or even in top 10. Maximum price for him around 20-22 mil euros IMO.
Graeme C
03-07-2009, 14:43
Fabiano looks like Oliviera mk II, enough with this Brazilian obcession... I would rather have a chance on Huntelaar..
Hasan Rossonero
03-07-2009, 14:52
AC Milan Have Made An Official Offer For Luis Fabiano - Agent
Luis Fabiano's agent revealed that Milan want to sign the Sevilla striker, who would consider a move to the Rossoneri the crowning moment of his career.
3 Jul 2009 20:11:50
FIFA Confederations Cup: Luis Fabiano, USA - Brazil (PA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
FIFA Confederations Cup: Luis Fabiano, USA - Brazil (PA)
Related Links
Teams
* Milan
* Sevilla
Players
* Luis Fabiano
There seems to be little doubt that AC Milan's primary transfer target is Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano. This was confirmed today by the player's agent Jose Fuentes, who admitted the Rossoneri have made an offer for the Confederations Cup top scorer.
"I confirm that Milan have made an official offer," he said to Sky Sport 24, "and the player has officially communicated that he wants to go to Milan, this is his desire, because this transfer would be the crowning moment of his career."
The player's price is €30 million, but Fuentes think this figure could be adjusted.
"The buyout clause is of €30 million, but in Sevilla there are intelligent people, and they know the player's desire counts for a lot," he continued, "and that we are going through a difficult economic time.
"The situation is clear, we're waiting and hoping the clubs will negotiate and come to an agreement, this is our desire and we believe everything could be resolved shortly."
goal
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 14:57
Fabiano looks like Oliviera mk II, enough with this Brazilian obcession... I would rather have a chance on Huntelaar..
Yep, any Brazilian from a middle club will be the new Oliveira, right?? Ok, fair enough...What a way to bring subject to a discussion. Are you still sure Bonera and Ferrari are the solution for our defense? I still remember your judgments...
Enough with Brazilian obcession? We will only have Pato, Tiago and Ronaldinho in the near future, this is to much? Whats your problem with Brazilians?
Graeme C
03-07-2009, 15:10
Yep, any Brazilian from a middle club will be the new Oliveira, right?? Ok, fair enough...What a way to bring subject to a discussion. Are you still sure Bonera and Ferrari are the solution for our defense? I still remember your judgments...
Enough with Brazilian obcession? We will only have Pato, Tiago and Ronaldinho in the near future, this is to much? Whats your problem with Brazilians?
That is just my gut feeling, I always loved to be proved wrong..
Bonera and Ferrari are only good as squad players, Bonera had the potential to be our num 1 with Nesta but has never delivered. I mean the Brazilian obcession as weve had a string of signing brazilian forwards, theres nothing wrong with Brazilians.. I just wish we would look closer to home first of all. Espically if this 6+5 ruling is going to happen.
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 15:13
15-16 mil euros as first bid for a player who only scored many goals in one season in La Liga is not an embrassing offer IMO. He is not La Liga Top Scorer or even in top 10. Maximum price for him around 20-22 mil euros IMO.
Last year(first years as a full starter) he was until the last 2 legs. This year(as I said and you´re ignoring me) he was injured almost the entire season, and even starting was being sub off in several games. You´re not being fair...
Why his stats in Champions didn´t count? 10 games and 7 goals in Champions aren´t that bad, Siregar...
What Fabiano isn´t, is a griffe, but has show much more than the names we are linked...
johncharles365
03-07-2009, 15:16
As long as Huntelaar doesn't pick up any injuries he would be a fantastic promising addition to Milan. Fabiano is no Olivera/Ronaldo he is a proven international striker even the exploits of pato love and amuari can't force him off his throne as Brazil number 1 striker. I personally would have prefer Fred to Fabiano if we are going to get a Brazilian striker. Huntelaar major plus point is that he could offer something different that the various Italians or Brazilians strikers offered Milan. plane uncomplicated football could be the medicine to all of Milan problem rather than the technical brilliance of the Brazilians or the tactical mastery of the Italians
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 15:25
That is just my gut feeling, I always loved to be proved wrong..
Bonera and Ferrari are only good as squad players, Bonera had the potential to be our num 1 with Nesta but has never delivered. I mean the Brazilian obcession as weve had a string of signing brazilian forwards, theres nothing wrong with Brazilians.. I just wish we would look closer to home first of all. Espically if this 6+5 ruling is going to happen.
And you will be one more time;)
As I said to you(and others) at that time, Bonera and Ferrari were(and will be) squad players, but you didn´t agree saying they had potential to be first team players.
C´mom, Greame...we only signed Pato as a real purchase. Oliveira and Amororso were rushed(and January) signs...and Ronaldo was ronaldo.
The others no rushed purchases were Gilla(Italian and flop) and Borriello(Italian, jury still out, but floped a little). After Pato, Luis Fabiano is the first brazilian we are really after in a normal purchase...
Galliani and Silvio can be judged for a lot of things, but not for only look for Brazilians. Also, they try to bring Luca Toni. It´s not fair to say they only look for Brazilians...
Luca03, I will give you my opinion.
The first time I saw L.Fabiano playing, he was still a Ponte Preta(middle team from the state of São Paulo) player, so even if people can´t rate him as high as I do, at least I saw him playing a lot.
First of all, there´s something in Luis Fabiano that a don´t understand. He broke all the goal records playing for São Paulo, a team with a wealth history of amazing offensive players. Even with that, average Brazilian forwards had received more hype than him when it came to be wanted out by European teams and fans. Very strange imo...
Inside of Brazil I understood this, because L. Fabiano was hated by the rivals fans. Because of his old temper(on the field) and capacity to score a lot and in all big games, if you wasn´t a São Paulo fan(to be clear, I´m not) there´s a good chance you would hate Luis Fabiano.
Luis Fabiano had a big problem in the past: his temper. I remember several games where Luis scored 2 or 3 goals, and after that, with the game decided, he received a red(or a second yellow) card to falling in some provocation from rivals. That alone hurt a lot L. Fabiano name for future tranfers.
But one big misunderstood was that people often confused his temper(on the field) with a possibity of to by a cancer for the locker room. Fabiano is a great professional and teammate, but without a doubt, the fear of a possible new Edmundo hurt Luis Fabiano stock.
His temper problem are in the past, period. But if you want the best of him, you need a coach that trully give this guy confidence. So, if he isn´t a Leonardo choice, it´s better to forget. He can cope with all the pressure of the world(as you can see in Brazil NT), but he´s the type of player that need a coach on his side for that. Manolo Jimenez bet for him, and he delivered. Dunga bet for him, and he saved Dunga job 3 times. Jaunde Ramos didn´t like him and had a inconstant player. Even with that, in all big games(as in UEFA CUP finals)Juande started Luis Fabiano and he scored in the first.
I´m reading several editorials in European press saying that Luis Fabiano isn´t the typical Brazilian CF, and thats alone shows that these guy never really watched Fabiano to play in a regular bases. Luis isn´t only strong, he´s very VERY skilled. Just youtube his goal clips and you will see amazing goals, that only a very skilled forward can do. Another thing he aded to his game since became a Sevilla player, was the skill to bring to the ground long balls. He didn´t have it in his arsenal, but playing for Juande makes Fabiano develope this type of game, so he could also play in that old English way of play(hope you understand my point).
Now it´s easy to be on the side of Luis Fabiano here in Brazil, but in the past, I and others 20%(generaly São paulo fans), were mocked in brazilian forums because we said that a in form Luis Fabiano is better than a in form Adriano. I always stick with this, and the numbers don´t lie, Luis score more, and also bring more to the table. He can make one-two´s(Adriano really can´t), and can also play as a support striker because of his skill set. Adriano while in form is a freak, didn´t have half of Luis Fabiano skill set. Luis Fabiano is a Center Forward with skills of a support striker(seconda punta).
Wow, I wrote a lot, sorry Luca03...but it´s my opinion, Luis is one of the most underrated Brazilian of his generation(if not the most). Old members maybe can remember that in the past, Kaka also try hard to bring Luis Fabiano to Milan, but for some reason(maybe the non-EU status) our board opted for others players.
Also, just for curiosity, Luis fabiano was the pivot of the brawl between Sandro Rossell and Juan Laporta in Barcelona. Rossel wanted Ronaldinho and Luis Fabiano but Laporta blocked Fabiano purchase(Opting to bring Maxi Lopes from River Plate and now in Grêmio), and that started the famous fight in Barça board culminating with Rossell quiting the vice-president position.
Regarding his age(28), it would be great if Fabiano was 23 years old, but we can´t also only to buy unproven players. Also, as Luis is a hard worker and take care of his body(besides to play as CF), I can see Fabiano playing at a high level until at least 33 years old...
EDIT:Some goals...
This top-15 is lame, but at least has some amazing goals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nt0dkQpJRE
Some footage from São Paulo and Sevilla:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBgxbdQCOb8&feature=related
Thanks Alot.
Great Post!
ACMILAN1983
03-07-2009, 15:49
One reason why we should sign him is because he is a great fighter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Figkmz3Rs
:ilol:
Honestly, I haven't seen worse coordination in a fight. Embarrassing.
honestly I love seeing that clip everytime. It's probably the worst fight I've ever seen. Diogo's surprise right wasn't a clean connection, and then they don't even get close to a decent hit when they each went for about 7 flails (let's face it, they aren't really punches). The poor guy who went first to break up the fight (Adriano I think) was probably the only person to have got something close to a clean hit in the face lol.
Brasileiro,
How exactly did Boriello flop even a little? IMO he can be a great solid striker that can do a lot. As a matter of fact, my opinion is that he is similar in many ways to Luis Fabiano. He can score from scraps in the box.....he is a strong header of the ball......has a very strong shot that he uses well......and can hold the ball outside of the box bringing other players in attack. Fabiano has more technique when it comes to playing 1-2s outside of the box and including himself in open play like you said......but nonetheless Boriello and Luis F. can be very similar players.
As far as my memories serve me, he played great in the few games he had this season and last season finally fulfilled his long expected potential at Genoa. Before that, his personal life choices threw his career way off track. But, I am not going there.....the only thing I want to bring up is that you said he flopped a little for us after we brought him back(the way I understood that sentence). It's not fair to Boriello to make a claim like that......just like how you say it's not fair to Fabiano to be judged on statistics when in fact he was tripped by injuries more then once causing him to make many substitute appearances.
This is not the first time I read people saying that Boriello failed, or flopped, or flopped a little (even though I do read that you mentioned 'jury still out', I guess meaning that you are willing to give him I chance??).......simply because IMO he played great for us in the beggining of the season. He didn't score many goals, but if you watched the games you'll know that his contribution was far more then that during those games.
I just think the guy deserves another chance. It's unfortunate that he got injured this season and now he is kind of like the forgotten man.
Siregar, only in his 3rd season he was a fully starter. With Juande he played only the first or second-half. In several game in 05/06 and 06/07 he played only one half of the game.
Don´t get me wrong, this isn´t a knock at you, but as I said, very few watched most of Sevilla games. In Fabiano case these stats are misleading. To be fair, you could have writed Fabiano´s São Paulo and Brazil NT goal average to make a point...they are trully impressive.
Also, 2008/09 he was injured a lot, and play several of this 26 games coming of the bench...
I really want to see Dzeko next season. Bundesliga today is a very offensive oriented league, and isn´t that hard to score like in the past.
Imo, 13 pounds for the starter of Brazil NT, goal scorer in South America Quali, estabilished player is a embarassing offer.
I was just looking at his stats yesterday and they are, indeed, impressive the past two season. There are two gaps of about a month in his game log from last season, so I assumed he was injured during those periods. He started only 21 games, so 8 goals isn't that bad. But he also scored 7 goals in just 5 Copa del Rey games and 2 more in 4 UEFA Cup games. Fans are too prone to assume a player sucks if he didn't do something spectacular in his most recent season, but they don't bother to look into the reasons. But anyone who remembers him in the Champions League two years ago (7 goals in 8 games) should have an idea what a fine player he really is. And when you look at his stats this way (including Copa del Rey and UEFA Cup this past season and CL the season before), it doesn't look bad at all:
2007-08
36 GS 4 sub 31 goals
2008-09
30 GS 6 sub 17 goals
Lebanese
03-07-2009, 16:30
Siregar, only in his 3rd season he was a fully starter. With Juande he played only the first or second-half. In several game in 05/06 and 06/07 he played only one half of the game.
Don´t get me wrong, this isn´t a knock at you, but as I said, very few watched most of Sevilla games. In Fabiano case these stats are misleading. To be fair, you could have writed Fabiano´s São Paulo and Brazil NT goal average to make a point...they are trully impressive.
Also, 2008/09 he was injured a lot, and play several of this 26 games coming of the bench...
I really want to see Dzeko next season. Bundesliga today is a very offensive oriented league, and isn´t that hard to score like in the past.
Imo, 13 pounds for the starter of Brazil NT, goal scorer in South America Quali, estabilished player is a embarassing offer.
back in the days in brasil. before kaka joined milan. Robinho and luis fabino were expected to be the future of the brasilian national team along side ronaldinho. luis fabino was never a one game or season wonder. he was a very good striker. and watching the way he scores. it shows that this guy scores great and lucky goals but he never comes empty. thats what we need. dzeko, hunteelar, drogba ..... etc but we need a striker who can always score.
Last year(first years as a full starter) he was until the last 2 legs. This year(as I said and you´re ignoring me) he was injured almost the entire season, and even starting was being sub off in several games. You´re not being fair...
Why his stats in Champions didn´t count? 10 games and 7 goals in Champions aren´t that bad, Siregar...
What Fabiano isn´t, is a griffe, but has show much more than the names we are linked...
With all what he has done this year, 20 mi pounds is maximum pair price in my opinion. If Milan want to buy him last season than it is true that he is more expensive. Just like Kaka, if we sell him in his top form, we would have got more money from Real.
If all these reports are true, it looks like Milan is making a serious effort to get either Fabiano or Huntelaar...
After having an initial bid for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano rejected, Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani will fly to the Spanish capital and ask Real Madrid for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, according to tuttomercatoweb.
I honestly wouldn't mind Fabiano or Ade. I don't know if Klaas would suit us as much as they would, but if all fails I wouldn't mind him either. Then again, maybe all the recent disappointments have really lowered my expectations...
I still want Cissokho more than anyone. There's just something about him...
It seems atleast that Sevilla are going to be more reasonable for their man, If Luis wants to go, they will let him leave, for a price far below his buy-out clause. 14 million for Fabiano? If i was Sevilla, i would find such an offer insulting!
But i feel it is just the start from Milan, to show that they are serious. If we offer roughly the same we wanted for Dzeko, then he is ours for sure. The problem is, would he be worth the same as our top bid for the Bosnian? Remeber, Dzeko is far younger....
Then again, I am sure there would be other viable options ahead of Huntelaar. Even Adebayor fits the bill as an aerial CF, better than Hunter does.
Last year(first years as a full starter) he was until the last 2 legs. This year(as I said and you´re ignoring me) he was injured almost the entire season, and even starting was being sub off in several games. You´re not being fair...
Why his stats in Champions didn´t count? 10 games and 7 goals in Champions aren´t that bad, Siregar...
What Fabiano isn´t, is a griffe, but has show much more than the names we are linked...
Injured all season? Judging on his Confed. Cup performances, he has fully recovered, i hope....
I guess last season's performance compared to this season's shows that he still has the ability to score. And his CHampions League scoring record, where he has been given a fair chance, shows he is a prolific scorer.
Around 20 million should be enough for Sevilla to seriously consider. 14 million? It is just for Milan to show that they are serious, or atleast I hope that is not Galliani's final offer!:w155:
Bid reasonably for Huntelaar, and he is ours for sure. there is no question as to whether we can't get him. It depends on how much of a favor Perez is going to pay us.... Does he owe Manchester United something as well? Don't think that Owen is a good enough replacement for Tevez and Ronaldo! They will go for someone else, whether that be Hunter or not. We should stay wary and have a reasonable offer in line.
Madrid have too many attacking talents, and don't forget Higuan and Raul who will be quite frankly struggling for a game next season. Even a loan deal would be easy to arrange.... Question is: Would he fit Milan? How would he function with Pato/Dihno? Would we mind missing out on some much needed aerial ability?
For me, Hunter still remains thrid choice, due to Fabiano's experience with Pato and Dihno, and his lack of aerial ability. Thoughts?
Bosniaco
03-07-2009, 20:19
Klas has always had good stats in Holland, not proven in the big leeague yet. Still I would take a loan to buy deal. For Huntelaar to be effective he need very very good support and service.
These are his states
2002–2003 PSV 01 0(0)
2003 → De Graafschap (loan) 09 0(0)
2003–2004 → AGOVV (loan) 35 (26)
2004–2005 Heerenveen 46 (33)
2005–2009 Ajax 92 (76)
2009– Real Madrid 20 0(8)
Klas has always had good stats in Holland, not proven in the big leeague yet. Still I would take a loan to buy deal. For Huntelaar to be effective he need very very good support and service.
These are his states
2002–2003 PSV 01 0(0)
2003 → De Graafschap (loan) 09 0(0)
2003–2004 → AGOVV (loan) 35 (26)
2004–2005 Heerenveen 46 (33)
2005–2009 Ajax 92 (76)
2009– Real Madrid 20 0(8)
Hunter got limited chances at Madrid, atleast as a starter. I know the Dutch league is physcially tough like the EPL, but is it free-scoring or defensive? That could indicate how he would cope in Serie A.
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 20:42
Brasileiro,
How exactly did Boriello flop even a little? IMO he can be a great solid striker that can do a lot. As a matter of fact, my opinion is that he is similar in many ways to Luis Fabiano. He can score from scraps in the box.....he is a strong header of the ball......has a very strong shot that he uses well......and can hold the ball outside of the box bringing other players in attack. Fabiano has more technique when it comes to playing 1-2s outside of the box and including himself in open play like you said......but nonetheless Boriello and Luis F. can be very similar players.
As far as my memories serve me, he played great in the few games he had this season and last season finally fulfilled his long expected potential at Genoa. Before that, his personal life choices threw his career way off track. But, I am not going there.....the only thing I want to bring up is that you said he flopped a little for us after we brought him back(the way I understood that sentence). It's not fair to Boriello to make a claim like that......just like how you say it's not fair to Fabiano to be judged on statistics when in fact he was tripped by injuries more then once causing him to make many substitute appearances.
This is not the first time I read people saying that Boriello failed, or flopped, or flopped a little (even though I do read that you mentioned 'jury still out', I guess meaning that you are willing to give him I chance??).......simply because IMO he played great for us in the beggining of the season. He didn't score many goals, but if you watched the games you'll know that his contribution was far more then that during those games.
I just think the guy deserves another chance. It's unfortunate that he got injured this season and now he is kind of like the forgotten man.
Great post, nefremo...
First of all, just to be straight, and as you saw, I don´t put Borrielo and Gilla on the same boat...Borriello had some strong games for us, no doubt...but on the other side, imo, he frustated me with his finish skills last season.
Thats is my reason to say that the "jury is still out"...Borriello was missing goals that I didn´t saw him to lose in Genova.
That said, it will be a huge mistake(and a crime) to not give him another chance. The guy had a serious injure, and that alone would be worth of another chance. But I want him to earn his spot, and I hope even with Fabiano there, he stay and compete.
All this talk about forwards apart, I´m still more concerned about our defense than anything. We can´t put our hope on Nesta health, and Tiago Silva besides the talent, need to show he can be the same in Europe.
after seeing fabiano goal in youtube
i got 1 comment
its like another sheva
Hasan Rossonero
03-07-2009, 20:54
I am just going to throw this out there and it is going to sound so crazy.
Why cannot we get both Fabiano and Huntelaar? Shock! Horror! We don't do that sort of thing, right.
Honestly, Pippo is injured quite a bit, so having a strikeforce of Pato, Fabiano, Huntelaar, Borriello, and Inzaghi makes sense. Huntelaar could come on loan.
Warro Bantan
03-07-2009, 20:57
So Sir Alex gets Owen on a free...after selling one of the world´s biggest stars, for a world record fee....
Wonder how much Milan fans are laughing at that transfer?
Wonder how many Milan fans would have been frothing at the mouth had we done a similar transaction, and not gotten the Hunter?
Wonder if the Man U fans are in an uproar?
Hmmmmm.....maybe if Galliani had signed him there would be protests in the streets, and people throwing themselves to the floor?
Ahh..silly season..gotta love it! Some people will get drunk and pub it! Some will take a prickly cactus and hug it! Some will go the Calgon route and tub it! Yet still others will get unruly and thug it!
Me, Im going back to sleep. Wake me when we sign someo..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ZvonimirBoban
03-07-2009, 21:00
I am just going to throw this out there and it is going to sound so crazy.
Why cannot we get both Fabiano and Huntelaar? Shock! Horror! We don't do that sort of thing, right.
Honestly, Pippo is injured quite a bit, so having a strikeforce of Pato, Fabiano, Huntelaar, Borriello, and Inzaghi makes sense. Huntelaar could come on loan.
But we need to balance the books... :dontkn:
I'd rather have fewer players who get more playing time than too many players. Borriello, Luis/Hunter rotating for the striker spot with Inzaghi ready to come off the bench in April (that's always when he starts scoring) would be best. Add on another name to that, then there is a headache as to who will start and who will be on the bench...
BTW, do we have a substitute for Pato (ie secunda punta)? Would one of the younger players suffice, ie Di Gennaro?
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 21:11
I was just looking at his stats yesterday and they are, indeed, impressive the past two season. There are two gaps of about a month in his game log from last season, so I assumed he was injured during those periods. He started only 21 games, so 8 goals isn't that bad. But he also scored 7 goals in just 5 Copa del Rey games and 2 more in 4 UEFA Cup games. Fans are too prone to assume a player sucks if he didn't do something spectacular in his most recent season, but they don't bother to look into the reasons. But anyone who remembers him in the Champions League two years ago (7 goals in 8 games) should have an idea what a fine player he really is. And when you look at his stats this way (including Copa del Rey and UEFA Cup this past season and CL the season before), it doesn't look bad at all:
2007-08
36 GS 4 sub 31 goals
2008-09
30 GS 6 sub 17 goals
Thanks for the stats, Rick...thats what I was talking.
Luis had several minor injures(like ankle sprain) that forced him to stop for like of 15 days several times. Even with that, watching Sevilla games, his impact was very impressive. Also, the service he get at sevilla is average.
People just need to look for Luis Fabiano numbers with Brazil NT. The guy is a scoring machine...but the best thing I like about him is that he always shine in the biggest stages and games.
His numbers in champions(as you wrote here) are amazing, and we know that several great forwards disapeer in Champions.
I have no doubt that after the World Cup(if he stay health), people will respect him more...
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 21:18
I am just going to throw this out there and it is going to sound so crazy.
Why cannot we get both Fabiano and Huntelaar? Shock! Horror! We don't do that sort of thing, right.
Honestly, Pippo is injured quite a bit, so having a strikeforce of Pato, Fabiano, Huntelaar, Borriello, and Inzaghi makes sense. Huntelaar could come on loan.
Hasan, imo it´s all on Borriello. If he´s recovered, I think it will be a problem to keep all them happy. I´m against this idea...I hope we put money on a defender and midfielder.
Brasileiro
03-07-2009, 21:25
Injured all season? Judging on his Confed. Cup performances, he has fully recovered, i hope....
I guess last season's performance compared to this season's shows that he still has the ability to score. And his CHampions League scoring record, where he has been given a fair chance, shows he is a prolific scorer.
Around 20 million should be enough for Sevilla to seriously consider. 14 million? It is just for Milan to show that they are serious, or atleast I hope that is not Galliani's final offer!:w155:
He is, Saliwonczyk...
As I said above, his injures weren´t serious, but he had more than a normal. I remember of several games he was sub off at the half-time because of his physical condition.
L. Fabiano (unlike Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano) take care of his body. Also didn´t saw this in the net, but he played the final of Confed. Cup sick(fever).
I think if Luis really became a Milan player, we will be all happy with his performances...He´s molded for a big club.
So Sir Alex gets Owen on a free...after selling one of the world´s biggest stars, for a world record fee....
Wonder how much Milan fans are laughing at that transfer?
Wonder how many Milan fans would have been frothing at the mouth had we done a similar transaction, and not gotten the Hunter?
Wonder if the Man U fans are in an uproar?
Hmmmmm.....maybe if Galliani had signed him there would be protests in the streets, and people throwing themselves to the floor?
Ahh..silly season..gotta love it! Some people will get drunk and pub it! Some will take a prickly cactus and hug it! Some will go the Calgon route and tub it! Yet still others will get unruly and thug it!
Me, Im going back to sleep. Wake me when we sign someo..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
All respect, but do you seriously think Sir Alex beleives Owen will replace both Tevez and ROnaldo! NO. He will be going after someone else, and there is a HUGE chance that it is going to be Hunterlaar. Milan better get a deal done quick, because Perez owes favours to both clubs.:w155:
I'd rather have fewer players who get more playing time than too many players. Borriello, Luis/Hunter rotating for the striker spot with Inzaghi ready to come off the bench in April (that's always when he starts scoring) would be best. Add on another name to that, then there is a headache as to who will start and who will be on the bench...
BTW, do we have a substitute for Pato (ie secunda punta)? Would one of the younger players suffice, ie Di Gennaro?
Yes. Remember Manchster United last season. They had so much attacking quality coming off the bench, and not only on the field. It really caused opposition teams headaches, bcs as soon as you thought you had Rooney under control, Tevez/Berba comes on etc.
Milan may need something similar, so getting Hunter and Fabiano may be a good option. Depends on how they feel being rotated around. Tevez certainly didn't like it....
Gabriel489
03-07-2009, 22:26
So Sir Alex gets Owen on a free...after selling one of the world´s biggest stars, for a world record fee....
Wonder how much Milan fans are laughing at that transfer?
Wonder how many Milan fans would have been frothing at the mouth had we done a similar transaction, and not gotten the Hunter?
Wonder if the Man U fans are in an uproar?
Hmmmmm.....maybe if Galliani had signed him there would be protests in the streets, and people throwing themselves to the floor?
Ahh..silly season..gotta love it! Some people will get drunk and pub it! Some will take a prickly cactus and hug it! Some will go the Calgon route and tub it! Yet still others will get unruly and thug it!
Me, Im going back to sleep. Wake me when we sign someo..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
For starter, ManU signed Valencia.
Secondly, Owen was not bad when he was playing for NewCastle when not injured.
Lastly, ManU is really a team who does not sign stars player, actually they really develop their superstars. Although they often pay huge fees/over pay great potenial players.
Gabriel489
03-07-2009, 22:30
THe funny thing is that when Kaka was here, he kept saying Luis is a great striker and his partnership with Luis are out of this world......
Now that when Kaka is gone, Milan is going after him. Just too late in my opinion.
As for Borreillo, I don't think it is fair to judge him as he never really played for Milan yet.
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days. I think we are close to getting our first signing. After that's done (the CF), hopefuly we will be able to move on to better things like the defense, like Brasileiro said. It is the part of the team that needs a lot of attention yet, we are all cought up talking about strikers.
Nesta to me, is one of the best CBs of the past 20 years (top 5 definitely, but IMO the best). So even with 80% fitness his inteligence on the field is immense and he is better then most out there. However that's a big chance and we don't know if he will get to that 80%. He hasn't played for a whole year and that is way too much time off even for someone as great as Nesta. So IMO we MUST get a CB, and that's mainly because I've totally lost all confidence in Kaladze even as a back up. Apart from that we also need a ful-back. Jankulovski has been a liability on the left for a while now and that's a good place to start.
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days. I think we are close to getting our first signing. After that's done (the CF), hopefuly we will be able to move on to better things like the defense, like Brasileiro said. It is the part of the team that needs a lot of attention yet, we are all cought up talking about strikers.
Nesta to me, is one of the best CBs of the past 20 years (top 5 definitely, but IMO the best). So even with 80% fitness his inteligence on the field is immense and he is better then most out there. However that's a big chance and we don't know if he will get to that 80%. He hasn't played for a whole year and that is way too much time off even for someone as great as Nesta. So IMO we MUST get a CB, and that's mainly because I've totally lost all confidence in Kaladze even as a back up. Apart from that we also need a ful-back. Jankulovski has been a liability on the left for a while now and that's a good place to start.
yes, i have said this before. We should have gone to seal up the defense before going for a striker. The defense, especially the full-backs, has been the major liability for Milan over the last two seasons. Still, little has been done to properly shore it up.
Well, we almost got a new left back didn't we? :)
I just hope we offload Oddo and get a quality left or right back (as Zambrotta can play on either side).
ACMILAN1983
04-07-2009, 03:50
About this Fabiano debate, personally, I don't think we should get him. He's a great striker and though has had inconsistency at times in his career he's played a big part at all of his clubs. I don't think we should get him simply because he's 28 soon to be 29. Dinho's around the same age and we'd have to look to replace them both in a couple of years. Add Rino, Zambrotta, Nesta and Pirlo (who's looking more likely to stay) to the mix and I think it's asking too much.
So Sir Alex gets Owen on a free...after selling one of the world´s biggest stars, for a world record fee....
Wonder how much Milan fans are laughing at that transfer?
Wonder how many Milan fans would have been frothing at the mouth had we done a similar transaction, and not gotten the Hunter?
Wonder if the Man U fans are in an uproar?
Hmmmmm.....maybe if Galliani had signed him there would be protests in the streets, and people throwing themselves to the floor?
Ahh..silly season..gotta love it! Some people will get drunk and pub it! Some will take a prickly cactus and hug it! Some will go the Calgon route and tub it! Yet still others will get unruly and thug it!
Me, Im going back to sleep. Wake me when we sign someo..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Thing is, Ronaldo's replacement is more likely to be Valencia. Owen is a squad player at this point and not really much more.
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days. I think we are close to getting our first signing. After that's done (the CF), hopefuly we will be able to move on to better things like the defense, like Brasileiro said. It is the part of the team that needs a lot of attention yet, we are all cought up talking about strikers.
Nesta to me, is one of the best CBs of the past 20 years (top 5 definitely, but IMO the best). So even with 80% fitness his inteligence on the field is immense and he is better then most out there. However that's a big chance and we don't know if he will get to that 80%. He hasn't played for a whole year and that is way too much time off even for someone as great as Nesta. So IMO we MUST get a CB, and that's mainly because I've totally lost all confidence in Kaladze even as a back up. Apart from that we also need a ful-back. Jankulovski has been a liability on the left for a while now and that's a good place to start.
You're top 5 comment got me thinking. If I was to think of the top 5 defenders in the last 20 years (obviously imo), it would be Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, Cannavaro and Thuram. What made me think most was 4 are Italian, 3 played for Milan and 1 though not Italian played his career in Italy. It really says a lot of the quality defenders Italy produced in the past. There's a long way to go for future generations to maintain that quality (right now only Santacroce really strikes me of reaching those sorts of heights).
See Dzeko thread. Chealsea is now after him, and ready to offer more than Milan. Now we should seriously be considering Hunter.
It was only a mettrer of time. Galliani is all talk and no action. He is impotent and needs viagra.
johncharles365
04-07-2009, 05:36
If Chelsea are prepared to pay more money than the player is worth than he will go to Chelsea. I would love Dzeko to come to milan if it was for the right price 30million euro plus seems a bit excessive. Chelsea had just brought sturridge, Chelsea already have Drogba Kalou Anelka and Di santo it seems a bit ridicous that they would buy another striker.
If Chelsea are prepared to pay more money than the player is worth than he will go to Chelsea. I would love Dzeko to come to milan if it was for the right price 30million euro plus seems a bit excessive. Chelsea had just brought sturridge, Chelsea already have Drogba Kalou Anelka and Di santo it seems a bit ridicous that they would buy another striker.
Yes, there is no way Dzeko is worth 30 million. He has had one break-through season, and is therefore not a proven scorer yet. If Chelsea wants to risk it, fine!
Christian
04-07-2009, 06:30
The Chelsea bid may very well force Galliani to up his bid and match Chelsea's bid on Dzeko. Imagine the embarresement for him if Chelsea signed Dzeko after we had worked on him for weeks, even when he really wants to go to Milan.
Also the Owen thing is funny. Just imagine if we'd have signed him, this forum would explode with anger, haha.
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 06:35
Also the Owen thing is funny. Just imagine if we'd have signed him, this forum would explode with anger, haha.
Good point, the neighbor's lawn will always be greener for most of the fans here.
Cissokho demands Milan answer
Saturday 4 July, 2009
Aly Cissokho has blasted Milan for using his medical as “an excuse to stop the transfer” and urged them to reach a new deal with Porto.
The full-back was announced officially on the Rossoneri website as a new signing, but his medical on June 17 saw the move grind to a halt.
Milan claimed an issue with his teeth could cause muscular injuries over the course of time.
“I am fine and have no problem with my teeth, they are as perfect as always,” assured Cissokho in the Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I never had a problem like this in my career, just as I have never had muscular issues in recent years.
“I don’t know why Milan are saying these things, but I don’t like it. I only found out some time after the medical.
“I went to Senegal for 10 days and when I returned from my holiday they told me there was a problem.”
It has been reported the Rossoneri wanted to reduce the price-tag after discovering this issue, but negotiations with Porto have ground to a halt.
“I did two medicals – one for Milan and one for the Italian Federation – and nobody told me there was anything unusual. It’s just an excuse to stop the transfer.
“Now I am tired of this situation. I hear from one side that I’m going to Milan, then I’m staying at Porto, then leaving to go somewhere else. I want an answer.
“Porto don’t want me to talk about this, but the real problem is not my teeth. In this whole affair the issue is money.”
This is very interesting, it proved right that there was no problem and they were doing this to lower the price, what a disgraceful **** is Galliani unbelievable.
Hasan Rossonero
04-07-2009, 06:44
Just because the player says that doesn't make it so. Of course, he is going to say I have no problems.
If there is a problem, then Milan are smart to ask for a discount.
Hasan Rossonero
04-07-2009, 06:51
Thing is, Ronaldo's replacement is more likely to be Valencia. Owen is a squad player at this point and not really much more.
Well, to replace Ronaldo with Valencia will hardly get the pulses racing. I have some Man U friends who are pretty depressed with how their transfer season is going. They were very sure that they would get Benzema. Now the only big players left in the market are Aguero and Ibrahimovic. Will they make a a move for them?
Real Madrid are buying all the big names. It is as if everyone is waiting for the storm to pass.
Just because the player says that doesn't make it so. Of course, he is going to say I have no problems.
If there is a problem, then Milan are smart to ask for a discount.
I don't know man, knowing what a liar Galliani is I trust Cissokho more about this:diablo:, and why would he lie about it when it won't make the transfer happen sooner.
Real Madrid are buying all the big names. It is as if everyone is waiting for the storm to pass.
or waiting to pick up a few bargains. Real madrid have Van der vaart, sneijder and robben in their ranks. Gago as well, though I reckon they'll want to keep him and play him too.
then there is Drenthe and Huntelaar as well.
yeah, some of these guys haven't been huge successes, but they are still quality players (and personally I think man u missed a trick, Madrid were so desperate for CR that had man u said, "ok, deal, but throw in Sneijder" they would have jumped at it.)
and most of them are now, by default, back-up as madrid cannot afford not to play kaka, benzema and ronaldo. Higuain is in the mix too and will be a sure starter.
The Chelsea bid may very well force Galliani to up his bid and match Chelsea's bid on Dzeko. Imagine the embarresement for him if Chelsea signed Dzeko after we had worked on him for weeks, even when he really wants to go to Milan.
I don't think it's embrrassing at all the refuse to ridiculously overpay for a player just because someone else is willing to do it. Personally, I don't want Milan to be like Real Madrid and Chelsea. Let them engage in the "biggest penis" contests. I would prefer that Milan be smart and build a good team.
Also the Owen thing is funny. Just imagine if we'd have signed him, this forum would explode with anger, haha.
One headline I saw when the Owen reports first started to surface that linked to a Manchester United site said "Sweet Jesus No!" :D
But truthfully I think it was a smart move on Fergie's part. He's got Berbatov and Rooney. He'll probably still sign another striker (most likely one that likes to get out wide), unless he's ready to hand over more responsibility to Macheda. But Owen gives him depth and a guy who can score goals in bunches when healthy. Sure, he might turn out to be another Saha, but United is only investing salary, so it's a not much of a gamble, really. And it could pay off huge.
New player being mentioned is Zirkhov, to play as a LB for us. Foe me this can happen only if Milan lets Pirlo go to Chelsea becouse Abramovic controls most of the palyers from Russian league.
Galliani lied about the health of Cissokho, its pretty obvious.
About CF, mr. Super solution Galliani will be in Madrid for Huntelaar ( who needed to be in our squad already after we sold worlds best player to them ).
Huntelaar is a poacher player, he moves and palys almost exactly like Inzaghi. He said once, I remember clearly, that his idol is Pippo. Those kind of players need creative midfield and through balls, not only crosses. A player like Kaka' works much better for Huntelaar then Dinho for example. Becouse with a lot of left to right movement he opens space in many ways. PAto can to that, but dinho cant right now. He could once, 4 years ago. But with one touch solutions in 16m Hunter is a brilliant striker. Of course the deal would bve we get him on loan with an option to buy.
I'd like us to buy both: Fabiano and Huntelaar, becouse Ipersonally dont believe that Boriello is a player that can lead Milan is important situations. In any case I dont expect much from Boriello, I dont rate him as a player that can win a big match by some of his moves.
Fabiano can, Pato can ( still didnt do, but for sure will be that kind of a player ), Dinho also can ( if he starts training and drinking WATHER ), Pippo can.
Cissokho situation is a reflexion of a barbaric way Galliani acts in past few summers. Its ridiculous. Good thing about his is that he is a EU player, while I thinkZhirkov is a class winger in every sence.
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 07:29
mrki, at least I found similarity between us who are likely to hold Huntelaar in high regards... lol
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/07/04/1363248/breaking-news-felipe-melo-agrees-to-join-juventus-report
maybe this will help to fuel your anger, guys? just kidding.
Sky Sport Italia claims that there is an agreement in place for the Brazilian to join the Bianconeri, and that all that is required to complete the transfer is for Juventus and Fiorentina to agree on a transfer fee on Tuesday...
Ambrosini has declared that he is angry by the situation in the club. By the fact we sold the best player and we have no plan and no player to replace him, that its a chaos and that Ronaldinho is a great player but not a replacement for KAka'...
Source, a translation of aninterwiew to a croatian language on "milanisti sa balkana" subforum.
About Melo: If his price is not 5mln then we cant pay for him anyway...
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 07:36
but if Ronaldinho is a replacement for Kaka', we have done better than ManU who replaced CR7 with Valencia... right?
Becouse with a lot of left to right movement he opens space in many ways. PAto can to that, but dinho cant right now. He could once, 4 years ago.
So, Ronaldino lost that ability just as he turned 25 and was named World Player of the Year for the second time, but still went on to score 47 goals and dish out 27 assists for Barcelona over the next two seasons, finishing third and fifth, respectively, in the voting for World Player of the Year?
I'd like us to buy both: Fabiano and Huntelaar, becouse Ipersonally dont believe that Boriello is a player that can lead Milan is important situations. In any case I dont expect much from Boriello, I dont rate him as a player that can win a big match by some of his moves.
I'd like to have both Fabiano and Huntelaar as well, but I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion of Borriello on. He was fantastic for Genoa two seasons ago, but he played only eight matches for Milan last season before losing the season to injury. Having watched nearly all those games, I can tell you that aside from his finishing not having yet come around, Marco played well. As for his play in "big" games, one of his two goals was in the only UEFA Cup game he played. That was, in fact, the only "big" game that he played in. And looking back over his previous season with Genoa, he had a second half goal that gave them a draw with Inter, two hat tricks against Udinese and both goals in a 2-1 win over Lazio. So I just don't understand your comments.
Hasan Rossonero
04-07-2009, 08:01
Ambrosini has declared that he is angry by the situation in the club. By the fact we sold the best player and we have no plan and no player to replace him, that its a chaos and that Ronaldinho is a great player but not a replacement for KAka'...
Source, a translation of aninterwiew to a croatian language on "milanisti sa balkana" subforum.
About Melo: If his price is not 5mln then we cant pay for him anyway...
Hmm...I didn't get that tone when I read it.
He said that the Kaka' sale was rushed, and while Ronaldinho offers somethings he doesn't others.
channel4
Gabriel489
04-07-2009, 08:10
Good point, the neighbor's lawn will always be greener for most of the fans here.
The thing is, if Owen is sign.
Milan will have Borreillo, Pippo, Pato and Owen.
Owen is just an older version of Pato, and Borreillo(though I like him) is a question mark and Pippo only start scoring in March.
While ManU, Rooeny, Berba, Mancheda, Owen.
Rooeny is heading to his prime. Berba will be a much more consistent player for Man U next year. Mancheda is a up and commer. Thus Owen only gives them a solid backup.
HUGE HUGE HUGE differences
Gabriel489
04-07-2009, 08:16
but if Ronaldinho is a replacement for Kaka', we have done better than ManU who replaced CR7 with Valencia... right?
IF we are talking about one player replacing another, YES.
But for ManU, Valencia is the new signings, then they also have Nani, JS Park and even Anderson who can play the role of CR7 in terms of scoring goals here and there.
Gabriel489
04-07-2009, 08:21
The funnies thing is that a lot of people here are comparing what Milan done and what ManU done....
ManU lost two players who played a huge role for them last few years, while Milan did so too.
THe diff., is that even if both teams don't replace them, ManU is still miles ahead of Milan in terms of squad play, depth and talents. Don't fool ourselves by comparing Milan to ManU and thinks Milan is not so bad......
One more thing, some of my friends(ManU fans), they are piss about CR7 and not getting Benzema, but while at the same time, they know that good players will come. While I really can't say the same about Milan.
Galliani lied about the health of Cissokho, its pretty obvious.
What makes you say that? Because Cissokho said so??? That doesn't mean anything. What did you expect from him??
A player like Kaka' works much better for Huntelaar then Dinho for example.
Allow me to disagree. Ronaldinho is a much better assist than kaka. His long and through balls are unpredictable and overall much better than kaka's. His current form is another issue, but so is kaka's.
Your posts make no sense once again. Drama queen. :grinser:
Hasan Rossonero
04-07-2009, 08:32
The thing is, if Owen is sign.
Milan will have Borreillo, Pippo, Pato and Owen.
Owen is just an older version of Pato, and Borreillo(though I like him) is a question mark and Pippo only start scoring in March.
While ManU, Rooeny, Berba, Mancheda, Owen.
Rooeny is heading to his prime. Berba will be a much more consistent player for Man U next year. Mancheda is a up and commer. Thus Owen only gives them a solid backup.
HUGE HUGE HUGE differences
Still doesn't mask the fact that Ferguson has not made a big signing to appease the fans. Speaking to Man U fans--they are not happy. Owen was being mocked for putting out his own ad a few days ago.
I think he will play a Solskjaer type role at Man U.
Also, Liverpool--they may lose Alonso and are not buying anyone. In fact the talk in their camp is whether Rafa can hold onto stars. This all begs the question: is football now about two (one?) big team(s) in Spain?
Allow me to disagree. Ronaldinho is a much better assist than kaka. His long and through balls are unpredictable and overall much better than kaka's. His current form is another issue, but so is kaka's.
Your posts make no sense once again. Drama queen. :grinser:
If you opt to masacre my post and leave out the part there I explain that Kaka's left and right constand movement suits tipical no.9 players more then Dinho's static LW position, then any possible argument with you is absurd.
Your post makes no sence as it cuts half of my explanation out, for some reason which I can explain but I dont want to start it now.
And Dinho's through passes are not better then Kaka's, maybe his crosses from wide left are more precise, but overall for a central CF its better to have "seconda punta" that moves around him and an AM that can move on both sides. Those are principles of so called "trio" that plays up front in some team.
Now, before you mention Barcelona I have to say Dinho COULD move back then and moved to the centre oftenly and quickly, and they had a winger ( Guly and now MEssi ), which Pato ISNT.
So that is it. I win :)
EDIT:
Kaka's form is an issue? In this planet it isnt. Days ago he showed how he carries his NT in a brilliant and mature way.
EDIT 2 ( to give a response on Cissokho):
Someone in here said that its possible that the player lied. Realistically, I trust a player 500% more then Galliani when it comes to paying in the mercato. We dont talk about somthing abstract in here. He has problems or he hasnt. If he has we dont need him, if he hasnt we can buy him. If he has problems that COULD cause longer injuries we'll loan him and if in the next 365 days we'll pay 15mln? And after 400 days ( just an example ) the problems from dental area are not here to cause muscle injuries? That danger lasts only 365 days? Come on...its a joke for morons, people dont fall for it. Medical things are not dont that way. Its all clear, he can or he cant do it.
johncharles365
04-07-2009, 09:12
If Zhirkov joins milan i would run around naked on the streets of south london in celebration of the fact that we would of signed of the most talented players in Europe. In my opinion Zhirkov is one of the best wingers in Europe certainly the best in Russia remember this player natural position is lwb. If we aren't able to get zhirkov than criscito or santos are very promising replacement maybe we could even reignite the cissokho deal.
As for Cissokho i do feel sorry for him but Galliani has a duty to spend having euro of kaka/gourcuff transfer wisely, 3 million euros may not seem significant but it is the difference between signing a player or missing out remember arsenal signed fabregas for 500,000 pounds and milan signed gourcuff for a fee in the region of 4 millions euros i think. If Cissokho has any problems that interfere with his ability to be sold on or have a long career than Porto should reduce the cost of the player.
Still doesn't mask the fact that Ferguson has not made a big signing to appease the fans. Speaking to Man U fans--they are not happy. Owen was being mocked for putting out his own ad a few days ago.
Like the headline on the Manchester United fan site said: "Sweet Jesus No!" :D
I think he will play a Solskjaer type role at Man U.
I agree. Fans think that every player brought in should be the current best player in the world at their position. But Owen can add depth, experience and goalscoring ability for United and can be a very, very valuable player if he's truly healthy and can stay that way most of the time. And the price was right!
Also, Liverpool--they may lose Alonso and are not buying anyone. In fact the talk in their camp is whether Rafa can hold onto stars. This all begs the question: is football now about two (one?) big team(s) in Spain?
This is exactly what's happening with the market spiraling out of control. Neither Manchester United nor Liverpool can sustain their debt and still spend endless funds on players. If the market continues the way it's going, only Chelsea and now Manchester City will have the resources to spend silly money. And all the clubs in England will be hurt by the new tax laws, leaving Real Madrid and Barcelona to take their pick.
*****
By the way, I was just combing through some of the transfer threads from the summer of 2006, just after I signed up for the site. There were a few things that struck me:
-- Shevchenko was leaving, so the sky was falling. (In retrospect, doesn't it seem like a stroke of genius to sell him for 45 million euros when Milan did?)
-- Almost everyone was wanting Oddo very badly. Now it seems nobody wants him.
-- There was a lot of concensus that Jankulovski should be getting a lot more playing time.
-- The majority of posters were unsure about this new kid Gourcuff that Milan was being linked with because, frankly, they had never heard of him.
-- I was wanting Tevez and Mascherano
-- The vast majority (myself included) weren't too thrilled about the prospect of Ibrahimovic being bought to replace Sheva
-- There was a thread complaining about Milan's transfer policy
:rone:
Ok, drama queen.
On Cissokho:
All I said is that it is normal a player is gonna say: I'm OK, buy me!! Let me play!!
It means nothing.
On the rest I agree, he either can or can not.
On Ronaldinho Vs Kaka: They are different kind of players. Totally different. A striker like Hunterlaar can benefit from either one of them equally, depending on the tactical setup. My argument was that Ronaldinho's long and through balls are more precise.
And according to Leonardo, Ronaldinho's position will not be LW, it will be AMC. He will not be as mobile as kaka, but his balls will be better. Pato will do the running.
Relax, Your highness. :grinser:
Warro Bantan
04-07-2009, 09:36
Nuff praise for the Owen purchase:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/03/michael-owen-transfer-window
Nice post, Rick.
I must say I never wanted Oddo, and still have a major hard-on when thinking about the Flamini-Mascherano combo... :)
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 10:22
By the way, I was just combing through some of the transfer threads from the summer of 2006, just after I signed up for the site. There were a few things that struck me:
-- Shevchenko was leaving, so the sky was falling. (In retrospect, doesn't it seem like a stroke of genius to sell him for 45 million euros when Milan did?)
-- Almost everyone was wanting Oddo very badly. Now it seems nobody wants him.
-- There was a lot of concensus that Jankulovski should be getting a lot more playing time.
-- The majority of posters were unsure about this new kid Gourcuff that Milan was being linked with because, frankly, they had never heard of him.
-- I was wanting Tevez and Mascherano
-- The vast majority (myself included) weren't too thrilled about the prospect of Ibrahimovic being bought to replace Sheva
-- There was a thread complaining about Milan's transfer policy
:rone:
Perfect example for not counting the eggs until they hatch.
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 11:24
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/07/04/1363382/giampaolo-pazzini-im-not-joining-milan-juventus-diego-signing-of-
Funny. With him declined the (supposed to be) rumor, he started the rumor. How are your opinions about this player? Will he suit?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/07/04/1363297/karim-benzema-i-could-have-joined-manchester-united
More funny. We are mentioned.
Galliani and Company are in Madrid today to speak with Madrid about Huntelaar.
El Fre, drama queen salutes your attempt to at least explain your position.
Still I claim that Dinho cant play central AM even if his passes are 1000% correct. The man cant move. My post talked about the movement of 3 players that make the so called "tidente" etc. I tried to explain that in our case, where Dinho is a player on the LW we need specific players as one of the 3 up front in "invalid" player when you look at his running capacity. You talk only about passing as the ball comes magically to Dinho's feet and he is free to pass. We'll see, but to me a solution in which he plays as a AM is a dangerous one, MAYBE if other forward next to PAto is a player like BNZEMA, Eto'o, Rooney... players that can move. Hunter will sit up front, Dinho will walk in the middle...
:D I also salute you with this as you do to me.
---------CF---PAto----
----------Dinho----
----Flamini---Rino---
----------Pirlo----
Even if Pirlo plays at full potential we'll have no more then 3,4 players cašable of playing in final third and playing vertical. Pirlo played vertical runs last time in Milan-Deportivo 4:! probably...
so any news from madrid? about our transfers
Still I claim that Dinho cant play central AM even if his passes are 1000% correct. The man cant move. ......
Dinho will walk in the middle...
mrki, if it's true that Ronaldinho can no longer move and can do no more than walk in the middle, how do you explain some of the things he does in these compilation videos -- all while he's wearing a Milan jersey? How did he manage to blow past the Inter defense in the very first clip if he can do no more than walk?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Zabl55HBE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dx0sYvxoEU
I think we all can agree that it's unlikely Ronaldinho will ever again be the player he was two years ago, prior to his injury. Certainly his fitness level and his commitment can be debated. But to make these outlandish claims that Ronaldinho can't move (as if he were a beached whale) or is no longer capable of doing more than walking is unneccesary hyperbole. If you'd make your doomsday points without going to such great lengths to exaggerate everything to the extreme and cut down a bit on the dramatics, others might be more willing to take your points under consideration.
Mrki does have a point though, Ronaldinho(Milan version) does very little off the ball running and usually waltzes around the pitch in the LW position till he gets the ball at his feet. He really needs to increase his range of movement if he has to play the AM position.
Samaldinho
04-07-2009, 12:53
Wait, so let me get this straight...
We're being linked to Zhirkov, Cissoko's negotiations are still on the table, it seems that Galliani wants to actually bring BOTH Huntelaar and Luis Fabiano, and Ronaldinho seems determined to make his mark for AC Milan.
Plus, noises have been made about Criscito, while Dzeko's negotiations have not been officially ended by Galliani. But what does that even mean? We were officially done with Ronaldinho last year, and we wanted Adebayor, but then, all of a sudden, Ronaldinho comes instead.
Honestly, I am excited again.
Ronaldinho will actually be motivated this year, I really think that. I bet you people not having faith in him bothers him. It's amazing that his last two years at Barca are written off, but as many here have highlighted, his second-to-last year was actually quite good, while his last one was marred by injuries, and he still scored plenty of goals.
If Milan line up like this on opening day:
----------Abbiati
Zambro--Nesta--T. Silva--Cissoko/Zhirkov
-----------Pirlo
--Gattuso--------Flamini
--------Ronaldinho
Hunt/Fabiano/Dzeko--Pato
Bench: Boriello, Inzaghi, Dida, Bonera, Seedorf, Ambro, Janku, Oddo, Favalli Criscito (?) Abate, Di Gennaro
(I know there are only 7 spots on the bench)
I'm now debating with myself whether it'd be better to get both Hunt and Fabiano, or to get Dzeko and put faith in Boriello. Then I think, if Milan aren't going for a real CB this year, then that means either Nesta is very fit, or we're going to try and use Bonera/Favalli to fill in when Nesta can't play as a band-aid for this season before next year when we spend big for Thiago Silva's partner.
Am I the only person who has doubts about Thiago Silva?
Regardless, I mean, we're now being seriously linked with many players, and still, people are talking about dooms day? C'mon, just make sure you still don't buy anything and that will force Galliani. I know that when those signings do come in, Milan fans will come out in force. It was after a few days of no season-tickets being bought that Galliani came out to say "big signings will come."
Also, I think we should all bring things into perspective for Galliani. He does not have the money. I think if Galliani really had the money that Berlu has, and he could control Milan, things would be a lot different. I just think Galliani is in a position where he does what he can with what he has, honestly.
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 12:54
Mrki does have a point though, Ronaldinho(Milan version) does very little off the ball running and usually waltzes around the pitch in the LW position till he gets the ball at his feet. He really needs to increase his range of movement if he has to play the AM position.
Which, I believe, now that is more likely to happen because there are no more coach who didn't want him in the squad and no more another star player in same role who limited his movement.
Christian
04-07-2009, 12:56
More and more news keep running around about Zhirkov. According to channel4.com (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul4s.html), he is available for 10 M pounds. Considering what prices seem to be for everyone else, it seems like very cheap. The guy is obviously quality, but really is more of a Jankulovski 2.0, altough that's not necessarely bad. It's a shame he doesn't have a eu-passport though, but if we aren't signing Dzeko and if Hernanes is being overpriced, then I guess it doesn't matter. Still would prefer Srna if we're gonna spent an non-eu spot on a fullback, but I guess he would be more expensive and harder to get.
Samaldinho
04-07-2009, 12:56
Mrki does have a point though, Ronaldinho(Milan version) does very little off the ball running and usually waltzes around the pitch in the LW position till he gets the ball at his feet. He really needs to increase his range of movement if he has to play the AM position.
He really doesn't. Watch the Inter game, that is what a motivated Ronaldinho looks like. He played awesome in that game, he tired because he clearly wasn't all-the-way match-fit, but it was his off-the-ball running that got the only goal of the game.
I'm starting really to believe in Ronaldinho.
Which, I believe, now that is more likely to happen because there are no more coach who didn't want him in the squad and no more another star player in same role who limited his movement.
How the hell can you say that?!?
Kaka never played in the same role or limited his movements!
Kaka played on the right side just so he wouldn't clash with Ronnie's runs into the box! The first game against inter proves it! Who and where did you see Kaka cross the ball in for Ronnie to head? Where!?!?
Rather, it was always Ronnie who was limiting Kaka's movements up the pitch. Ronnie doesn't defend, so an attack-minded Kaka had to do it for him. Seriously, what league were you guys watching?!?
I know you guys want Ronnie to do well and are trying to convince yourselves that he can play the AM position, but some of your accusations are downright ridiculous!:angf:
I tell you all now, I expect Ronnie to be motivated for this coming season, but regardless of anything, I very much doubt that he can play the central AM position. Becks can, because he wants and likes to spray out passes. Ronnie can't because he plays too much on the left. with or without Kaka in the game, he still sits in his pocket, waiting for the ball. He moves, but only within the 20 by 40 yard pocket on the top left of the field. I don't see him any different next season, given Leo seems to want a 4-3-3 formation. This would play to Ronnie's advantage, and also be good for the team.
Samaldinho
04-07-2009, 13:11
The first half of last season, the more I think about it, was when Ronaldinho really came to the fore.
He came up with the goods when Milan needed it. The Inter game. Against Braga. Bringing Milan back from 2-0 down against Portsmouth. The way he played against Sampdoria was a preview of what he could do. Even the season opener, which we lost, still showed the amount of chances that he could produce for our strikers. Sheva and Inzaghi were guilty of messing up those chances (Sheva especially) but honestly, if that doesn't make you think that he can do it, what will?
Maybe we'll just have to wait and see, but I'm someone who truly believes in energy, if we have positive energy, it will reflect in our actions and in our deeds. If we go about things negativley it will be the same.
If you don't believe that you can do it, who else will? We as Milan fans have to believe we can, because the way things look, it seems we will. The players being linked are less flashy, but still very good, and we still have our flash: a fit Ronaldinho will only push Milan into more homes. I hope that Beckham returns, he clearly is an important player (and I've been talking about him to Milan for years) and the slower pace of Serie A suits his game. He also sells a lot of shirts (which I think is good enough).
All-in-all, if we get some of the names branded about, whether it's Cissoko or Zhirkov, Hunt, Fabiano, Dzeko (2 of 3, please?) and maybe Criscito and/or a CB, then I'd feel more than happy. I just hope that we have a plan B should Ronaldinho get seriously injured, that's the one thing that I think Milan needs to consider, but then again, we'd probably just play Seedorf in that role.
I feel good, and you should too. We are going to have a great squad, and we (thank God) have a good base to work with right now.
FORZA MILAN!
Gabriel489
04-07-2009, 13:22
Still doesn't mask the fact that Ferguson has not made a big signing to appease the fans. Speaking to Man U fans--they are not happy. Owen was being mocked for putting out his own ad a few days ago.
I think he will play a Solskjaer type role at Man U.
Also, Liverpool--they may lose Alonso and are not buying anyone. In fact the talk in their camp is whether Rafa can hold onto stars. This all begs the question: is football now about two (one?) big team(s) in Spain?
Pool is always poor, thats why they sold R. Keane in Jan. And RB and Pool's MGT never came out and make statements like WE RULE THE TRANSFER MARKET, our squad are full of champions.......
As for ManU, their fans had right to be piss, esp on losing Tevez, as I think Fergie tried to play hardball but failed.
The thing about ManU is that, as long as Chelsea does not go out and sign players like Real, they are still the byfar the best team in EPL. While Milan without Kaka and Maldini will struggle to make it to the top 4 in Series A.
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 13:25
How the hell can you say that?!?
I can say anything I want.
Kaka never played in the same role or limited his movements!
Kaka played on the right side just so he wouldn't clash with Ronnie's runs into the box! The first game against inter proves it! Who and where did you see Kaka cross the ball in for Ronnie to head? Where!?!?
They just can't play together. You understand? They limited each other. Just see Brazil 2006. One of them should go. Actually I still believe Kaka' is in better quality at the present and I prefer Dinho to Kaka' for leaving Milan, but now Kaka' is not here and I undoubtedly will give full faith to Dinho.
Seriously, what league were you guys watching?!?
Serie A. Are you not?
I know you guys want Ronnie to do well and are trying to convince yourselves that he can play the AM position, but some of your accusations are downright ridiculous!:angf:
Samaldinho hit the point: who the hell will believe our players unless we do so? Are we Milan fan or not? I won't be surprised if the reason why Dinho played unsatisfyingly last season was because he once sneaked into this forum and read all the things we said against him. It hurts, you know, you are not trusted by someone who, above anyone else in this world, should trust you.
Samaldinho
04-07-2009, 13:28
How has anyone come out with the idea that Ronaldinho can't pass, that is why he can't play the CAM?
You may talk about his lack of movement, but that is why the midfield behind him will be Gattuso--Pirlo--Flamini; and I think people are talking more about what they feel then what they have watched.
Ronaldinho is motivated and will move for the team when he is motivated, that is very sure. In Spain tactics meant nothing, and it seems pretty obvious that is the same for Brazil. This was Ronaldinho's first try at Serie A, and he did not do that badly considering all the factors.
However, to talk about Ronaldinho's passing ability is down-right ridiculous, because he is clearly a superior passer of the ball than Kaka and sprays so many passes, you just have to watch one game with him to know that.
What in heavens name are you talking about? People said Ronaldinho doesn't move enough on the pitch and that's why he's not suited to play CAM on our team. Dinho is probably our most creative player on the squad but he just does not move enough.
slifersd
04-07-2009, 13:41
Just a quick update here: Season ticket sales in Serie A at this moment
Inter leads the way with 24000 tickets sold, a 15% increase compared to last year;
Milan stands proudly with 800 tickets sold, compared to the 12000 tickets sold this time last year.
Cutting down your main revenue stream for quick cash. Now, THAT is how you run a business.
Gabriel489
04-07-2009, 13:43
Can Dinho still moves is one thing, but to doubt his passing is another.
I think he is the best passer from the Left side, period.
But can he beat defenders week in and week out? Can he stay healthy? and most of all, is he willing to work are questions.
AS for this Cissohko thing, to be honest, if it is happening in any other clubs, I will believe the team instead of the player. But thats really not the case.
If the rumor is true about first loaning the player for 3mil with an option after one season for 12mil as long as Cissohko manages to play 50% of the games. That to me is stupid and just a way for Milan to not spend money. Simply b/c from what I had been reading about these Dental problems, they are more long term concerns than next year concerns. Thus, I really doubt Cissohko won't be playing 50% of the games for Milan next season unless he ain't good enough or he get into a terrible injury unrelated to the dental thing.
Lastly, as for all these rumors about linking us with him or him or him. Well, that could just be a way for Galli to hope to increase the season's ticket sales, it is still 400 or 401 now.
Gabriel489
04-07-2009, 13:44
Just a quick update here: Season ticket sales in Serie A at this moment
Inter leads the way with 24000 tickets sold, a 15% increase compared to last year;
Milan stands proudly with 800 tickets sold, compared to the 12000 tickets sold this time last year.
Cutting down your main revenue stream for quick cash. Now, THAT is how you run a business.
Well, at least they doubled from last time. Thats a great start. I guess all those rumors about Luis and Hunter coming to Milan are really working.
slifersd
04-07-2009, 13:52
Well, at least they doubled from last time. Thats a great start. I guess all those rumors about Luis and Hunter coming to Milan are really working.
Without proper signings (yes, Galliani, more than one), that growth will slow down steadily. All the die hard fans probably have already purchased their tickets and therefore won't contribute to the growth from now on. The not so die hard fans are not going to buy crap from them until something's done about the team. With the rate Galliani is working, that could take months. I am guessing Milan will open up the new season with San Siro half empty (or half full, depends on your perspectives).
ACMILAN1983
04-07-2009, 14:03
Actually, I'm surprised there's so little mention of us possibly looking to get Higuain from Real. With Benzema, Ronaldo and Kaka all likely to start, there will be less space for him in the side. He'd possibly be a better option than Huntelaar, as he's got two good feet, is good on the ball and can run at opponents and has good movement.
Just because the player says that doesn't make it so. Of course, he is going to say I have no problems.
If there is a problem, then Milan are smart to ask for a discount.
My initial thought was similar to yours on this matter. However, let's look at this for a second.
Cissokho from the start has said the initial medical seemed to have problems but a second more thorough medical showed no problems.
Porto (possibly to push the original deal through) has said Cissokho has no problems and it's been confirmed by the Milan medical team.
Other professionals, most notably Ascoli's doctor (a man with 27 years experience), have said that dental issues can be resolved and haven't prevented transfers going through in the past.
Jean-Pierre Messerman, who we all know as one of Milan's head doctors, has been quoted as saying this problem can be resolved, but is still unsure if the transfer will go through.
For me there are plenty of sources, including a key figure from Milan's own medical staff, saying Cissokho's dental problems aren't really an issue.
Without wanting to open this argument up again, if Cissokho's problems are really such a big issue that they could cause major problems for his health, why are we trying to renegotiate to get him cheaper, or why are we renegotiating to try and get him on loan for next season when these problems could flare up at any time in his career?
Truth is, not much adds up in this whole deal.
Well, to replace Ronaldo with Valencia will hardly get the pulses racing. I have some Man U friends who are pretty depressed with how their transfer season is going. They were very sure that they would get Benzema. Now the only big players left in the market are Aguero and Ibrahimovic. Will they make a a move for them?
Real Madrid are buying all the big names. It is as if everyone is waiting for the storm to pass.
Valencia may not be a big signing but I'm pretty certain he'd be a pretty smart signing, he's very talented and still young.
kakacmilan best
04-07-2009, 14:20
Listen:
Atletico Madrid want Pirlo!
Napoli want Boriello!
Why don't we take Huntelaar on a loan, Luis Fabiano for 15 mil,
Boriello and some money for Santacrouce, Pirlo and 20 mil for AGUERO and bring Hernanez and Zhirkov /Cissoko
We can have a VERY GOOD TEAM FOR MORE THEN 55 MIL!!!!
GK
ZAMBRO-NESTA/SANTA-SILVA/BONERA-Zhirkov /Cissoko
FLAMINI-RINO
HERNANEZ
AGUERO-Huntelaar/ Luis Fabiano-PATO
so any news from madrid? about our transfers
no news still ???
johncharles365
04-07-2009, 14:32
it is a preliminary negotiation phase a more detailed report might indicate real and milan intentions tomorrow unless the pair have already agreed a deal for the player and all galliani and perez are discussing is their relationship lol. as for fabiano i don't Milan is going to pay the fee that Sevilla require this looks like it will be a long drawn out process.
How has anyone come out with the idea that Ronaldinho can't pass, that is why he can't play the CAM?
You may talk about his lack of movement, but that is why the midfield behind him will be Gattuso--Pirlo--Flamini; and I think people are talking more about what they feel then what they have watched.
Ronaldinho is motivated and will move for the team when he is motivated, that is very sure. In Spain tactics meant nothing, and it seems pretty obvious that is the same for Brazil. This was Ronaldinho's first try at Serie A, and he did not do that badly considering all the factors.
However, to talk about Ronaldinho's passing ability is down-right ridiculous, because he is clearly a superior passer of the ball than Kaka and sprays so many passes, you just have to watch one game with him to know that.
I love this forum. You spit out your opinion, and everyone going against you will always swarm you like hyenas about the stuff you say without touching on your entire post.
I never said he couldn't pass, I was mainly stating the fact of the matter that Becks wants to play in the middle whilst Ronnie prefers to stay in his compact little corner on the left. How you guys failed to interpret it, whilst I was mentioning Becks is truly beyond me.
The fact of the matter is, his lack of movement and his tendency to stay cropped up is going to be his and the teams downfall. I don't give a rats' a$$ about how much better his passes are compared to 99.9% of the players in this universe, if he doesn't move, he doesn't receive the ball, if he doesn't move enough, he doesn't get past his double or triple markers to make the space for himself to pass the ball.
You can talk about how the midfielders behind him will help him and all that jazz, but they can only help so much. Defensively, yes, they allow him to move more freely up front, but Kaka and everyone else was already doing that stuff for him last season, I didn't see any marked improvements in his tendency to stay in his corner or any improvements in his attacking movement. That does not bode well when he wants to get rid of his markers, simply because he can and will be marked out of the game, like Kaka or Pirlo was in the previous seasons (most notably when Pato hadn't arrived).
You people all forget one more thing. Now that we've lost Kaka, the opposing teams will focus their attention and resources back on Ronnie and Pato. They now have an easier job of not watching Kaka's runs into the box. They now get to mark two unpredictables instead of three. This means even less space for our Brazilian stars to run into and out of, and a lot less movement to draw space for our Ronnie's "Killer Passes". Another aspect to this is that we're talking about the MIDDLE, where its going to be way more packed than on the side of a field and with way more opponents waiting to take the ball away.
Yes, he's good, but I don't think he's got the pace and technique to pass three opposition players every 5 minutes of each game he plays, even if he was playing AM and only had to attack. Maybe 5 years back, but definitely not now. Thats all I'm saying, and the main reasons why I fail to see the optimism of Ronnie playing as a CAM. He simply can't get past enough people before he either gets his ball stolen away, or he's pushed off the ball.
Now unless Management can produce the type of signing to fill in those holes, or Seedorf suddenly decides to start jogging around the pitch again, I don't see how Ronnie, even with a reduced waistline and an improved confidence, can set our team's attack alight like a lot of you bashers have been saying.
As much as I love Ronnie, I don't see him as our CAM. Its not about believing in the guy because he's on our team, guys, its about finding the best position for him to work in and then building on it so that it becomes a killer position that will strike fear into any opposition. Throwing Ronnie in Kaka's position solves nothing, and its more likely a move that will backfire than succeed. Think logically. If we were to buy a player like Huntelaar or Fabiano, we could switch our formation to a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 (not diamond mid) to suit Ronnie.
Thats all I've been saying the whole fuc|<ing time. Now grow a brain and some eyes and read through the entire post before you guys start your bashing.:angf:
Samaldinho
04-07-2009, 14:58
Before you start thinking that my reply was about you, and we start fight for no reasons, let's just put some things into perspective:
Ronaldinho hugs that left sided pocket, and that's fine, but to say that he is incapable of playing anywhere else and that he does not move, is to deny that a player as good as he is (naturally) to be able to change positions on the field.
Talking about Kaka's defensive or tactical skills are funny. Kaka has neither defensive skills, a very high workrate, and the reason why Seedorf plays next to Kaka is because he is tactically aware, actually puts in a tackle or two, and can help keep Milan's shape when Kaka goes on some run down the flank.
When you talked about movement, you spoke of Kaka going to make a cross to Ronaldinho (in the Inter game). That was proof of Kaka's ability to move, which he does. But Ronaldinho ran from about mid-field, into the box to get to the end of Kaka's cross, and Kaka's cross was possible, because of Ronaldinho's cross-field pass.
Now that you are speaking of predictability, just because Kaka is gone, doesn't mean our predictability is certain. In fact, I would argue that Ronaldinho is FAR more unpredictable than Kaka. Kaka has the no-nonsense ability to just take the ball and run, but Ronaldinho brings other players into the game, and frees up space by either drawing defenders to him, or by unleashing a clever trick to release a fullback or striker.
Also, if we play the 4-3-1-2, instead of the defense worrying about Kaka, they'll have the headache of one of our new strikers. Whether that's Hunt, Fabiano, Dzeko, or Boriello, that will be on their mind, while the pacey Pato will give them second-guesses, while our full backs push up and Ronaldinho gets to operate with liberty, backed by our extremely strong and mobile midfield 3 of Pirlo, Gattuso, and Flamini.
I'm not bashing, and please don't use insults against me, because if I have insulted you I apologize, but there is no need to use profanity or name-calling.
I'm starting really to believe in Ronaldinho.
YES! We must all believe.
I do believe in Ronaldinho. I have done that since we bought him last summer. He started great and took a step forward, but then slowed down (I don't know if Carlo was the reason or what exactly happened but the fact is there to be seen.....he took a steps back again).
Anyhow, I believe in Ronaldinho simply because his talent is unmatched. Ronaldinho in his best IMO is a better player then Kaka, C.Ronaldo or Messi. He simply was a genius. And even now.....with all the standing around and lose of explosiveness, etc. that he is facing, he still is capable of producing multiple 99% scoring chances during a game. He showed that this year, where at times even when he was on the field only for 15/20 mins he still created chances. That's what's giving me hope......the fact that this guy possesses so much natural talent, that with some hard work and motivation he can be a force again. Not in terms of taking on 3/4 players and scoring (like he did a few years ago), but in other ways.....like dribbling through one player and putting a through pass, or free kicks, or bringing others into play, and etc.
I just have a very hard time writing off a 29 yr old, and I refuse to do that especially when that 29 year old possesses talent that is arguably matched by only a few players in history.
I don't want to get into tactical debates of whether Dinho can play in the middle or not.....etc. Let's just wait and see what happens come September. All I want to say is I hope for the best from him.....but also, I am prepared for the worst. Hopefully it'll be the first one because I still have faith in him.
no news still ???
There will be no news.
Just before the start of the season Galliani will announce our 'new' signings:
Thiago Silva, Boriello, Nesta and Kaladze.
We will be told how we suffered with injuries last season, but this season we can welcome back 'champions'!! :yuck:
Blacktop
04-07-2009, 15:53
If Milan line up like this on opening day:
----------Abbiati
Zambro--Nesta--T. Silva--Cissoko/Zhirkov
-----------Pirlo
--Gattuso--------Flamini
--------Ronaldinho
Hunt/Fabiano/Dzeko--Pato
Bench: Boriello, Inzaghi, Dida, Bonera, Seedorf, Ambro, Janku, Oddo, Favalli Criscito (?) Abate, Di Gennaro
(I know there are only 7 spots on the bench)
Abbiati will not play on opening day, as he isn't expected back until September. No one seems to be aware of that.
Abbiati will not play on opening day, as he isn't expected back until September. No one seems to be aware of that.
Its understandable, with the mess the club is in who can even muster the courage to start couting the problems we have.
Samaldinho
04-07-2009, 16:04
Abbiati will not play on opening day, as he isn't expected back until September. No one seems to be aware of that.
I guess I meant that more of "this could be our line-up" than really what we would open with. Sorry for the confusion.
Blacktop
04-07-2009, 16:08
No apologies. :)
rosoneri_11
04-07-2009, 16:13
Relax, its very easy to understand that our team won't be competitive, we just sold our best player, we are looking for a non world class striker.
Now we are interested in Huntelaar and Fabiano who are crap instead of eto or villa.
Our managment is not trying for the best.Our managment maked the crazy fiction fantazy about Sisokko's teeth just to low the price and make the hole europe to laugh with us again after so many times.
It is very sad to see Milan in that crap condition.This club is sick and is getting more and more sick.
Berlu sell the club to the Arabs if you love this club.
The fact of the matter is, his lack of movement and his tendency to stay cropped up is going to be his and the teams downfall.
This last round of Ronaldinho debate seems to have begun with mrki's statment that Ronaldinho is no longer capable of moving and that he can do no more than walk, then my video and written response to it.
Well, the actual fact of the matter is that anyone who watched the complilation videos I linked should be able to see very clearly that Ronaldinho can, indeed, still move and move pretty well.
Whether he will choose to move; whether he will be motivated to move; whether or not he'll have the fitness level to continue to move for 90 minutes is something that none of us can know. That's up to Ronaldinho. That's something we'll all just have to wait and see about.
So your opinion that Ronaldinho's "lack of movement and his tendency to stay cropped up is going to be his and the teams downfall" is just that -- an opinion -- not a fact. Only time will tell whether or not your opinion was right or wrong. It's not something that can be settled on a message forum. So we'll see.
Before you start thinking that my reply was about you, and we start fight for no reasons, let's just put some things into perspective:
Ronaldinho hugs that left sided pocket, and that's fine, but to say that he is incapable of playing anywhere else and that he does not move, is to deny that a player as good as he is (naturally) to be able to change positions on the field.
Talking about Kaka's defensive or tactical skills are funny. Kaka has neither defensive skills, a very high workrate, and the reason why Seedorf plays next to Kaka is because he is tactically aware, actually puts in a tackle or two, and can help keep Milan's shape when Kaka goes on some run down the flank.
When you talked about movement, you spoke of Kaka going to make a cross to Ronaldinho (in the Inter game). That was proof of Kaka's ability to move, which he does. But Ronaldinho ran from about mid-field, into the box to get to the end of Kaka's cross, and Kaka's cross was possible, because of Ronaldinho's cross-field pass.
Now that you are speaking of predictability, just because Kaka is gone, doesn't mean our predictability is certain. In fact, I would argue that Ronaldinho is FAR more unpredictable than Kaka. Kaka has the no-nonsense ability to just take the ball and run, but Ronaldinho brings other players into the game, and frees up space by either drawing defenders to him, or by unleashing a clever trick to release a fullback or striker.
Also, if we play the 4-3-1-2, instead of the defense worrying about Kaka, they'll have the headache of one of our new strikers. Whether that's Hunt, Fabiano, Dzeko, or Boriello, that will be on their mind, while the pacey Pato will give them second-guesses, while our full backs push up and Ronaldinho gets to operate with liberty, backed by our extremely strong and mobile midfield 3 of Pirlo, Gattuso, and Flamini.
I'm not bashing, and please don't use insults against me, because if I have insulted you I apologize, but there is no need to use profanity or name-calling.
Sama, firstly, when Kaka was out injured, Ronnie was given the chances to do exactly what you said he could do, with Seedorf doing the so-called "defensive duties" that he was doing for Kaka. Need I remind you of the scores?
1-2 Loss to Bologna
3-1 Loss to Palermo
4-2 Loss to Juve
2-1 Loss to Inter
Now, I'm not saying that with Kaka in the team we did that much better (a couple draws here and there prove it), but I am saying that I highly doubt your arguement on 1) Seedorf doing the dirty work (because if he could do it when Kaka made his runs, why not with Ronnie?) and 2) Ronnie's ability to change positions on the field, given those matches allowed him to play anywhere he wanted without the "disturbances" of having Kaka on the field and Pato was the lone striker there. He just CHOSE NOT TO.
As for the predictability issue, I'm not talking about being more or less predictable. I'm talking about the fact that the opponents now have to worry about one less threat, and focus their energies on marking Ronnie and Pato out of the game. Two seasons back, the same thing happened with Kaka and Pirlo, I recall that season vividly, because we couldn't win anything at home. I was starting to think we were jinxed or something, but the truth was that if our opponents don't allow the passes to reach our playmakers, then they can't make plays and we get no goals. We ended up 5th that season, and only thanks to Pato showing up in the second half of the season.
Last season, we had the luxury of having Kaka, Ronnie, Pato, Pirlo and Becks on our side, making it that much harder for opponents to man-mark a particular individual. This year, I can see them going back to that tactic just so we can't get the ball up there. It's not just about predictability, its about tactics and resources. They can use the same resources on less people making it harder for us to score and win. This means they'll have more resources for their counters when they park the bus in front of their goal. I don't know if you see where I'm going with this, but I go from the experience of the last two seasons.
If Ronnie can prove me wrong, I'd be happy as hell to admit that I was mistaken, but just going by recent history and past data, I feel I have a more logical arguement than you here.
hitmannq8
04-07-2009, 16:36
Wow if we sign Zhirkov I'll go crazy. He is the best. Much better than Cissokho for me! Problem is that if we go for Zhirkov that will rule out other potential stars such as Dzeko and Hernanes as he is Non-EU. I wonder why don't we try to even take a glance at Aguero?
Hitman,
I'll be ecstatic with Zhirkov as well....and perhaps now there is a good chance to get him because the 2 strikers that we are linked with (Huntelaar/Fabiano) actually have EU-citizenship. Dzeko I think is a done deal and it's quite obvious that we have turned our attention to other options. The only thing about what you mentioned is that the arrival of Zhirkov will definitely rule out someone like Hernanes.......however rumors about him have long stopped now and I doubt that we are still interested, especially if Pirlo is staying.
As for Aguero, it'll be unbelievable for us to get someone like him and I mentioned a couple of days ago that I don't think it is necessary that we play with a big striker up front and I would love for someone like Aguero/Rossi to come while Boriello and Inzaghi can provide different options when needed....but it's quite obvious that Leonardo/Galliani wants someone with different characteristics then those two(Rossi/Aguero) in the squad which is why we've been going after strikers in the mold of Dzeko/Fabiano/Huntelaar. Also......Aguero in today's market will easily cost 35mil Euro since also Benzema was sold for that much, and looking at what we are willing to spend......it definitely rules him out.
So, here's an article from Sky Sports with some very strong words from Fabiano:
Fabiano pleads for Milan move
Brazilian hopeful he will secure move to Italian giants
By James Dall
Last updated: 4th July 2009
Luis Fabiano has reiterated that he hopes to seal a transfer from Sevilla to AC Milan this summer.
On Friday, the Brazilian's agent, Jose Fuentes, claimed that Milan have made an official approach to Sevilla for the striker.
Fabiano has pleaded with Sevilla to accept Milan's approach, despite reports suggesting the offer is below the Spanish club's asking price.
"I know that Milan have made an offer and I would like for Sevilla to consider it," he told ABC.
"Until now I've preferred to stay on the sidelines, because Milan had not made me any proposals, but now I understand this is an incredible opportunity for me.
"I am happy at Sevilla, but I realise that at the age of 28 there will be few other chances like this for me. Milan are one of the best clubs in the world."
The Italian giants are keen to bring in an attacker for the new season as they look to replace Kaka, who has signed for Real Madrid.
Further speculation suggests Real attacker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is also a target of Milan, with the Rossoneri eyeing a loan deal.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5415283,00.html
Hitman,
I'll be ecstatic with Zhirkov as well....and perhaps now there is a good chance to get him because the 2 strikers that we are linked with (Huntelaar/Fabiano) actually have EU-citizenship. Dzeko I think is a done deal and it's quite obvious that we have turned our attention to other options. The only thins is that the arrival of Zhirkov will definitely rule out someone like Hernanes.......however rumors about him have long stopped now and I doubt that we are still injured, especially if Pirlo is staying.
In fact, the latest is that Hernanes may be on his way to Juventus. If that happens, it will be a great signing for them. He's exactly the sort of creative midfielder Juve needs. I know a lot of Milan fans will be upset if this happens (I won't be thrilled about it myself) and will be angry that Milan didn't get him first, but the fact is that (as you noted) unless Pirlo is sold, a player like Hernanes isn't a priority for Milan, only a luxury. For Juve, a player like him should be their first priority. With both money and non-EU spots tight, we can't have everything we want.
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/73828/Juve%2C+offerto+Hernanes
devoted_dm
04-07-2009, 17:09
I don't see why anyone would be disappointed if Huntelaar joined us this summer. His stats speak for themselves - he'd almost certainly bag 20+ goals per season.
That being said, I have no faith in us challenging for trophies this season, or the next 3-4 seasons, for that matter. We're screwed - Milan's days as one of the top clubs in Europe are over. There is a complete lack of ambition at the club. Why can't Berlusconi just sell Milan to a rich Arab?
Jay Crisp
04-07-2009, 17:15
Wow if we sign Zhirkov I'll go crazy. He is the best. Much better than Cissokho for me! Problem is that if we go for Zhirkov that will rule out other potential stars such as Dzeko and Hernanes as he is Non-EU. I wonder why don't we try to even take a glance at Aguero?
Il go crazy if we sign anyone....bring me the head of Panucci & Nedved & Figo & our big name signing Luca Toni Varchetta Delle Cave.
Il play along with Galliani's game of trying to fool us into believing we will sign someone worth discussing.
The fact that we are now looking at Zhirkov means we may end up with him and Huntelaar (Im not sure if Fabiano has one). I would be somewhat pleased with Zhirkov and Huntelaar. Huntelaar and Pato could score millions of goals together and hen we could sell them to Chelsea next summer.
Hasan Rossonero
04-07-2009, 19:04
Galliani and Braida are in Madrid negotiating with Huntelaar. They want to bring him back to Italy with them.
What is speeding their negotiations up is the fact that Stuttgart are offering 12 million euros, which is only 3 million away from that which Real want. Milan insist on a loan with a right to purchase at the end of this season.
goal.com
Just want to remind everyone that Real bought him in January for 27 million euros! If we do get this player on loan, we will be getting a great finisher.
Hopefully, that means we will seal the deal for Fabiano also. In that event I think we would sell Borriello.
Galliani and Braida are in Madrid negotiating with Huntelaar. They want to bring him back to Italy with them.
What is speeding their negotiations up is the fact that Stuttgart are offering 12 million euros, which is only 3 million away from that which Real want. Milan insist on a loan with a right to purchase at the end of this season.
goal.com
Just want to remind everyone that Real bought him in January for 27 million euros! If we do get this player on loan, we will be getting a great finisher.
Hopefully, that means we will seal the deal for Fabiano also. In that event I think we would sell Borriello.
Maybe back to Genoa in some sort of deal where Criscito comes the other way? Or to his hometown club of Napoli, which has a couple of players I wouldn't mind seeing in the Milan jersey? :bri:
Personally, I'd be thrilled to have both Huntelaar and Fabiano. You can never have too many guys who know how to score goals in bunches. :5schal:
Warro Bantan
04-07-2009, 19:51
I think we will end up with Luca Toni, Crouch, and that Pirlo and Pato will be sold.
:D
vermyapre
04-07-2009, 20:04
I think we will end up with Luca Toni, Crouch, and that Pirlo and Pato will be sold.
:D
My thoughts as well.
Bosniaco
04-07-2009, 20:34
UFFICIALE: Wolverhampton, acquistato Zubar
04.07.2009 19.04 di Alfonso Alfano articolo letto 637 volte
Il Wolverhampton ha ufficializzato l'acquisto di Ronald Zubar (23). Il difensore francese, prelevato dall'Olympique Marsiglia, è costato al club neopromosso in Premier League 2.5 milioni di sterline.
I think this would have been a great signing for us only 2.5 mil. Great defender
Blacktop
04-07-2009, 21:10
I think we will end up with Luca Toni, Crouch, and that Pirlo and Pato will be sold.
If that happens, we should be sponsored by Ringling Bros.
I think this would have been a great signing for us only 2.5 mil. Great defender
No disrespect to you Bosniaco, but thanks to this post, you made me forgetting for one second I have to wake up in 1 hour whereas I didn't sleep for 48 hours ...
Zubar would have nothing to do with Milan nor any top team nor any middle-table team of any of the best championships ...
Galliani and Braida are in Madrid negotiating with Huntelaar. They want to bring him back to Italy with them.
What is speeding their negotiations up is the fact that Stuttgart are offering 12 million euros, which is only 3 million away from that which Real want. Milan insist on a loan with a right to purchase at the end of this season.
goal.com
Just want to remind everyone that Real bought him in January for 27 million euros! If we do get this player on loan, we will be getting a great finisher.
Hopefully, that means we will seal the deal for Fabiano also. In that event I think we would sell Borriello.
They are actually negotiating with Huntelaar himself?
And I read they are staying in Madrid an extra day.
Did you get this from Goal.com the Italian section?
Bosniaco
04-07-2009, 22:17
No disrespect to you Bosniaco, but thanks to this post, you made me forgetting for one second I have to wake up in 1 hour whereas I didn't sleep for 48 hours ...
Zubar would have nothing to do with Milan nor any top team nor any middle-table team of any of the best championships ...
Its ok Bud, we all have different ratings for player. I rate him high especially for that price. I'm sure there is player that you rate high and I dont.
Dont forget Zubar is only 23 years old.
Hasan Rossonero
04-07-2009, 22:17
They are actually negotiating with Huntelaar himself?
And I read they are staying in Madrid an extra day.
Did you get this from Goal.com the Italian section?
Sorry, I made a mistake. They are negotiating with Real.
Yes, goal.com Italian section.
Now Fabiano's agent is pleading to Sevilla to be reasonable. Luis will soon be 29, and the agent belives the current asking price is ridiculours....
Agent: Luis Fabiano Wants To Leave Sevilla For Milan
The Brazilian's agent has confirmed that the striker is dying for a move to the San Siro, but negotiations are far from smooth...
5 Jul 2009 01:25:36
Luis Fabiano's agent has revealed that his client is desperate to move to Milan.
The Brazilian striker appears to be Milan's top transfer target, and his agent is keen for a deal to go through. However, he believes Sevilla are being unrealistic in their valuation of the player.
Speaking to AS, the agent said, "We cannot go by the fees that Real Madrid are paying.
"Those are abnormal numbers. The reality is that we are in a global economic crisis.
"It is unrealistic to expect another transfer fee in the region of those for Daniel Alves and Sergio Ramos."
He then explained his reasoning, continuing, "Luis Fabiano is 29 years old.
"I hope Jose Maria del Nido understands the human aspect, which is that the player wants to go to Milan. He can not go crazy with transfer fees.
"Sevilla bought him cheaply, and can still make a profit."
With their quest for Edin Dzeko having failed, Fabiano remains Milan's top target, although Emmanuel Adebayor is emerging as a viable alternative.
Arjun Miglani, Goal.com
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 23:13
here and there the players are pleading to join Milan and how would you say our bargaining power is decreasing.... we're still a great club no matter what happened, show your faith as the fans at this hard time...
Faith is one damn thing. I was confident that kaka wouldn't leave, yet I was wrong. I was confident that dzeko would be ours, yet it hasn't happened. I followed milan's mercato every minute, yet all we have done so far is zilch (well, close to).
Back to the topic, I don't know whether I should be happy or embarrassed with "our bargaining power not decreasing". I only feel that it would be even more frustrating if we still couldn't secure one quality CF when so many stars literally begged to come.
Because eventually people will stop begging to come.
slifersd
04-07-2009, 23:26
here and there the players are pleading to join Milan and how would you say our bargaining power is decreasing.... we're still a great club no matter what happened, show your faith as the fans at this hard time...
Players can beg until their tongues fell out, but that still doesn't change the stance of the clubs. Their respective teams will ask for a lot of money knowing Milan needs players and have money after the sales of Kaka and Gourcuff. Milan, on the other hand, still won't put up any type of cash to fund any purchases. The Dzeko deal demonstrated that perfectly. Milan has not lost their prestige just yet, but with the way the team is heading, it will not take long before they do.
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 23:33
btw in reply for Juve going for Hernanes, it looks like they will get either him or Melo...
ZvonimirBoban
04-07-2009, 23:36
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/07/04/1363843/andrea-pirlo-prefers-atletico-over-chelsea-report
what the *peep* is this?? Marca...
his tag price is only 18M...? good... good..
btw in reply for Juve going for Hernanes, it looks like they will get either him or Melo...
It's beginning to as though if Melo goes anywhere it will be to Arsenal. Fiorentina released a statement saying that the Gunners were the only club that had come close to their release clause (25 million euros, I think) and they seem to be willing to make a swap deal for Eboue and cash. I wish Milan would give them Kaladze and cash instead. :D But if he's going somewhere, Arsenal isn't a bad place. He's just what they need, really, and Milan won't have to face him and those damned dangerous tackles unless the clubs meet in the CL. :D
I saw Hernanes linked with Milan again this evening, but it was only tribalfootball crap with no attribution. It does seem like a move to Juve is possible for him at this point.
It's hard for me to believe the Atletico Madrid thing unless Milan is actively shopping Pirlo. But we'll see.
It's beginning to as though if Melo goes anywhere it will be to Arsenal. Fiorentina released a statement saying that the Gunners were the only club that had come close to their release clause (25 million euros, I think) and they seem to be willing to make a swap deal for Eboue and cash. I wish Milan would give them Kaladze and cash instead. :D But if he's going somewhere, Arsenal isn't a bad place. He's just what they need, really, and Milan won't have to face him and those damned dangerous tackles unless the clubs meet in the CL. :D
I saw Hernanes linked with Milan again this evening, but it was only tribalfootball crap with no attribution. It does seem like a move to Juve is possible for him at this point.
It's hard for me to believe the Atletico Madrid thing unless Milan is actively shopping Pirlo. But we'll see.
Given the way things ended up against Arsenal last time, I'd rather we never meet them at all if they do acquire Melo.
As for Hernanes, it does seem that our rumours always obscure our main transfer targets for every mercato (not in a good way most of the time). I'd love to have him here, especially if Dzeko isn't coming. Pirlo is not getting any younger, and having Hernanes here would assure our team's midfield receives a smooth transition when the time comes.
As for the Atletico article, I wouldn't normally believe in stuff like that unless Management has a plan for getting someone in return. I think this is especially true given what happened with Kaka and our fans reactions in the season tickets situation. Galliani can't risk pushing away any more fans and he knows this.
Gabriel489
05-07-2009, 01:55
Can we just say that Milan cannot afford Hernanes and that Milan will only look for cheap players.
First Cissohko is an official player....then Milan realise they overpaid for him and think of a Mickey Mouse excuse to lower the price....and prey that Porto will say YES. Be real.
Then there is Dzeko, who was suppose to be the next great striker. But if he is the next great striker, but he costs too much and Milan back away.
Then comes Luis who had a great Con. Cup, and now Milan is after him but can only pay 13Mil, for crying out loud, Pool paid 13Mil for Babel and Spurs paid 11mil for Keane. Now I know Luis stats at Liga ain't that good, but he is a much better player than Babel and Keane.
Hunter is next, and instead of paying 15mil(Real's price), Milan want to just loan him for an option to buy. Didn;t Milan actually have 80MIl to spend.....well if Real said yes, thats a great deal for Milan, but I just don't see why Real would say yes, fully knowing ManU would pay 15MIl for Hunter straight up.
Zhirkov is being link, thats great but r we selling Dinho? B/c Zhirkov cannot play LB in Series A. He will be playing in the same area as Dinho comfort's zome. Don't Leo and Galli know that Milan need someone to create on the right side? Or is it just an observation from causal fans all around the world?
One last thing, the moment that Luis and Hunter is being link to us, people already start saying they are a good fit, they will be great....guys, come on, don't make it easy for Galli, as they are just throwing names out there to divert our attentions toward the real problem. THAT IS BERLU DOES NOT CARE ABOUT MILAN ANYMORE.
we can say what we want about what we can afford. But won't we look stupid if we say we cant afford 5-10 mill and then when the summer is over we might have ended up buying for 30-40? :)
Graeme C
05-07-2009, 05:06
The whole thing sickening is atm. Its just showing how truely incompetent our management is.
People who say that there is still alot of time left in the market are stupid. Its no use chasing Dzeko for so long if we are going to back away at the slightest hint of difficulty. I don't mind Galliani, but as soon as he fails to get players, he then staes that we have a good enough squad anyway. that really pi#ses me off!
Im telling you that Milan fans been to boycot untill Silvio and Galliani leave Milan. Less then 1000 season tickets have been sold ( and with a discount!), and in this hour last year it was 12 000!
Galliani is completely incompetent to make any deal that is not obviously done alredy by someone. He was incompetent to secure a player before he sells Kaka', then incompetent to ask for Sneijder/Hunter in Kaka' deal, now he is unable to sign a forward.
He wants a forward without paying for it? I also want a yacht for my house on the sea, becouse my little "boat" in only good for diving and nothing more. I asked few people to give me their yachts and they dont want to... I dont understand why... :stupid:
I always appreciated Huntelaar, and if he played with KAka' and Pato he'd score 25 without any problems. Now maybe Milan's targets are two forwards with Boriello going to Napoli ( tuttomercato ).
Galliani needs to leave Milan, this is not working anymore. They said 65mln will be back in the team, I dont see them paying anything to anyone. Hernanes+Cissokho+Hunter are 65mln. I'd say yes to that investment.
On a MORE serious look, for 80mln (Kaka'+Yoan+wages cuts...) Milan could buy Aguero and Hernanes and create modern team.
But to LOAN a team every year, now that would be something revolutionary...
P.S.
Suggestion: Lets send a letter to Galliani and ask him, as MM members, to loan us him villa somewhere in alps or in south Italy so we can go there for 15 days and have a great time for free... Its a fair plays in an economical crisis.
Listen:
Atletico Madrid want Pirlo!
Napoli want Boriello!
Why don't we take Huntelaar on a loan, Luis Fabiano for 15 mil,
Boriello and some money for Santacrouce, Pirlo and 20 mil for AGUERO and bring Hernanez and Zhirkov /Cissoko
We can have a VERY GOOD TEAM FOR MORE THEN 55 MIL!!!!
GK
ZAMBRO-NESTA/SANTA-SILVA/BONERA-Zhirkov /Cissoko
FLAMINI-RINO
HERNANEZ
AGUERO-Huntelaar/ Luis Fabiano-PATO
My friend you think good, but for Galliani that is not possible. To sell Pirlo and invest in Aguero is very much possible, but we'll not gonna do that. It would be a good thing specially coz Aguero is capable of playing more right, unlike Pato. Then its a real "tridente"
----Aguero--Pato---
--------Hunter--
Dinho for me is a joke now, unless he does some extreme work. Which I hope he will, but I dont have that much faith!
Only, we cant buy Zirkhov + Hernanes as they are both non eu players.
Ok, the majority of MM members only speaks of Strikers or midfielders, but just what if Nesta doesn't get better?
What will our defense look like then? :crybaby:
It's one thing to rule the transfer marker :) but it is completely different to balance the squad
We dont even hope about that... :)
Juve for Hernanes, thedeal was prepared for a long time, says calciomercato. Milan offere Flamini+money for Adebayor - this one makes no sence. They say that Flamini has 4mln per year and its too much for Milan.
We dont even hope about that... :)
Juve for Hernanes, thedeal was prepared for a long time, says calciomercato. Milan offere Flamini+money for Adebayor - this one makes no sence. They say that Flamini has 4mln per year and its too much for Milan.
The heck?
Do they think Ade would want any less than what Flamini got in terms of wages? Plus, Flamini came for free. Using him to trade for a useless striker is more than just a waste of money, its financial suicide. :yuck:
Christian
05-07-2009, 06:32
My friend you think good, but for Galliani that is not possible. To sell Pirlo and invest in Aguero is very much possible, but we'll not gonna do that. It would be a good thing specially coz Aguero is capable of playing more right, unlike Pato. Then its a real "tridente"
----Aguero--Pato---
--------Hunter--
Dinho for me is a joke now, unless he does some extreme work. Which I hope he will, but I dont have that much faith!
Only, we cant buy Zirkhov + Hernanes as they are both non eu players.
Atletico rejected a 50 M euro offer for Aguero earlier from Manchester United if rumours are to be believed, so no he is pretty much not possible to get.
It's easy to sit and say get that and that player, but in reality it's not possible.
Hasan Rossonero
05-07-2009, 06:44
Real and Milan have failed to reach an agreement over a loan for Huntelaar.
milannews, tgcom
Real and Milan have failed to reach an agreement over a loan for Huntelaar.
milannews, tgcom
Apparently Perez told his good buddy Uncle Fester that if they haven't found a buyer for Huntelaar by August they might sit down and talk about it again. If I were Milan I'd let it go at that, focus on getting Fabiano (who wants badly to be a Milan player) and see what happens with Huntelaar later. But I can't really blame Real Madrid at all. They've thrown so much money at players this summer that they really need to start getting a few bucks back and don't need to be loaning players they can sell.
Graeme C
05-07-2009, 06:59
People who say that there is still alot of time left in the market are stupid. Its no use chasing Dzeko for so long if we are going to back away at the slightest hint of difficulty. I don't mind Galliani, but as soon as he fails to get players, he then staes that we have a good enough squad anyway. that really pi#ses me off!
Thats the thing, we dont have a lot of time. Its better to get players early in the window so that they can be involved in pre season friendlys and training.
Galliani is like a dog chasing cars, he spends most of summer chasing and not being able to catch anyone.
Obviously it's nice if you have everything wrapped up in a nice, big package with a bow by the start of training, but how many clubs can realistically do that? I just did a quick check of last summer's Serie A transfers. A total of 55 occurred in June. July had 197 transfers and another 78 happened between Aug. 1 and Sept. 1. Virtually every team will add players after training starts. No need to panic.
If Real wants 20mln for Huntelaar nthat means our Kaka' deal is 45mln plus Huntelaar, which is ridiculous. Offer for Ribery is now 45mln plus Robben and Sneijder.
bLOND !-,-!
05-07-2009, 08:16
i heard that kaka=68 milions + emerson + redondo , true ?
Maybe Milan can hurry up and beat Manchester City to the signing of John Terry. News of the World is saying Chelsea will sell him to City for only 45 million pounds! :D
johncharles365
05-07-2009, 08:24
adebayor doesn't deserve to occupy the last Non eu spot this is abhorrent lucky for us that Arsenal management is just like Milan management. Flamini is a awesome player and deserves more credit he works hard very talented has been injury free and can play sb dmf cmf and on occasion cb well worth the 4 million euros a year for his services. Look at what has happened to arsenal since they lost Flamini ability to protect the back 4 the team almost missed out on champions league.
Adebayor is actually a pretty good player. He's coming off a "bad" season (by bad I mean he only scored 15 goals -- including 5 in 7 CL games -- while starting just 29 games in all competitions during an injury plagued season), but he was terrific two years ago (40 starts, 29 goals). If he can improve his finishing, he could be a great player. He's big, strong, fast for his size, good in the air and creates a ton of chances. I wouldn't mind having him at all. I'm not buying the Flamini swap thing though. Just more paper talk, I imagine. Especially since Adebayor's agent just said yesterday he's staying at Arsenal.
Plus, it looks like Arsenal has a good chance of getting Melo, who is exactly the sort of player the Gunners have been missing since Viera left. Flamini is a very good player and pretty tough, but he's not hard-nosed and physical in the Viera/Melo sense. If Arsenal can get him, I'm sure they would prefer that to taking back Flamini.
Graeme C
05-07-2009, 09:02
loosing Flamini would be a pure sign of the management going Bonkers, he was one of our best players last season.
johncharles365
05-07-2009, 09:11
the article came from the mirror which rivals goal.com for inaccurate reporting there does tend to be a element of truth in the story. I would guess that a player was offered to arsenal in exchange for a discount on adebayor transfer fee, i would guess that Milan would of offered a defender or dmf midfield player to arsenal.
Flamini offers a hell of alot more than Adebayor and has much better work ethic plus it more than likely Adebayor wages will be around 8 million euros a season. In addition we would give up on costa and hernanes who frankly are much better players than Adebayor.
Adebayor can't be that good every day a Arsenal fan asks me when is Milan going to buy Adebayor it would seem that the fans don't think much of the player. I doubt he would reproduce his goal tally in serie a he really is dependant on the wingers and midfield player to use the their speed to break up defences he just volleys the ball when he receives it.
I'm getting so f'n annoyed right now.
This is getting ridiculous, Galliani expects to be getting players for free.
Dzeko? No. Cissoko? No. Fabiano? No. Huntelaar? No.
Now guess who we are being linked to AGAIN? CROUCH!?
Unbelieveable, if we sign Crouch and he is our striker for next year. The San Siro must be boycotted.
All Galliani seems concerned about is signing a "big name" stiker. Which is so stupid, because there are like 3 or 4 other positions that need to be addressed, and all he is doing is traveling around, offering pennies for strikers.
Yes, I want a striker, but unless this striker can transform himself into a CB,FB and a Creative Midfielder all at the same time. I really think we should have other objectives.
I'm getting so f'n annoyed right now.
This is getting ridiculous, Galliani expects to be getting players for free.
Dzeko? No. Cissoko? No. Fabiano? No. Huntelaar? No.
Now guess who we are being linked to AGAIN? CROUCH!?
Unbelieveable, if we sign Crouch and he is our striker for next year. The San Siro must be boycotted.
All Galliani seems concerned about is signing a "big name" stiker. Which is so stupid, because there are like 3 or 4 other positions that need to be addressed, and all he is doing is traveling around, offering pennies for strikers.
Yes, I want a striker, but unless this striker can transform himself into a CB,FB and a Creative Midfielder all at the same time. I really think we should have other objectives.
Crouch's agent said yesterday there is absolutely no truth to the Milan rumors. There's been no contact from the club.
And I've seen nothing to indicate that Fabiano and Huntelaar aren't still options. Sevilla turned down Milan's first bid for Fabiano, but that was only a first bid. And Madrid only said no to a loan deal for Huntelaar. They want to sell him and they would still be perfectly willing to sell him to Milan.
A striker and a defender or two are the most pressing needs.
Crouch's agent said yesterday there is absolutely no truth to the Milan rumors. There's been no contact from the club.
And I've seen nothing to indicate that Fabiano and Huntelaar aren't still options. Sevilla turned down Milan's first bid for Fabiano, but that was only a first bid. And Madrid only said no to a loan deal for Huntelaar. They want to sell him and they would still be perfectly willing to sell him to Milan.
A striker and a defender or two are the most pressing needs.
And all Galliani seems to be concerned of is getting a striker.
Is Galliani still trying to negotiate for Huntelaar?
I really hope that nobody shows up at Berlusconi Trophy. I read somewhere that the fans are organizing a boycott so that the only ones that attend will be the few ultras with big "$#*% you" banners to B&G.
Interesting. And I really won't mind that.
And all Galliani seems to be concerned of is getting a striker.
Is Galliani still trying to negotiate for Huntelaar?
As far as I know the Cissokho deal isn't completely dead and there have been links to Criscito and other defenders.
Madrid told Uncle Fester they would not loan Huntelaar at this time, but wanted to sell him. They said if they couldn't sell him by August they might reconsider. That wouldn't preclude Milan from making a bid to buy him, but I'm sure Milan would pursue Fabiano before making a bid to buy Huntelaar.
As far as I know the Cissokho deal isn't completely dead and there have been links to Criscito and other defenders.
Madrid told Uncle Fester they would not loan Huntelaar at this time, but wanted to sell him. They said if they couldn't sell him by August they might reconsider. That wouldn't preclude Milan from making a bid to buy him, but I'm sure Milan would pursue Fabiano before making a bid to buy Huntelaar.
Tuttosport this morning says Galliani has another meeting today with Perez to try and convince him about Huntelaar.
Now was the news this morning about Perez rejecting, from yesterdays meeting? Or todays?
slifersd
05-07-2009, 10:20
Im telling you that Milan fans been to boycot untill Silvio and Galliani leave Milan. Less then 1000 season tickets have been sold ( and with a discount!), and in this hour last year it was 12 000!
Galliani is completely incompetent to make any deal that is not obviously done alredy by someone. He was incompetent to secure a player before he sells Kaka', then incompetent to ask for Sneijder/Hunter in Kaka' deal, now he is unable to sign a forward.
He wants a forward without paying for it? I also want a yacht for my house on the sea, becouse my little "boat" in only good for diving and nothing more. I asked few people to give me their yachts and they dont want to... I dont understand why... :stupid:
I always appreciated Huntelaar, and if he played with KAka' and Pato he'd score 25 without any problems. Now maybe Milan's targets are two forwards with Boriello going to Napoli ( tuttomercato ).
Galliani needs to leave Milan, this is not working anymore. They said 65mln will be back in the team, I dont see them paying anything to anyone. Hernanes+Cissokho+Hunter are 65mln. I'd say yes to that investment.
On a MORE serious look, for 80mln (Kaka'+Yoan+wages cuts...) Milan could buy Aguero and Hernanes and create modern team.
But to LOAN a team every year, now that would be something revolutionary...
P.S.
Suggestion: Lets send a letter to Galliani and ask him, as MM members, to loan us him villa somewhere in alps or in south Italy so we can go there for 15 days and have a great time for free... Its a fair plays in an economical crisis.
Dude, you write the letter and I will be the first one to sign it. On a sidenote, is it also possible for us to request to use Galliani's personal jet for free as well? I live in California and airfare to Italy isn't cheap, LOL.
Tuttosport this morning says Galliani has another meeting today with Perez to try and convince him about Huntelaar.
Now was the news this morning about Perez rejecting, from yesterdays meeting? Or todays?
I found the article you're talking about. Apparently they picked it up from Gazzetta dello sport (a good source as far as sources go) and it said Milan had offered 14 for Huntelaar, but it will probably take 20 to get him.
I also found one from goal.com that mentions Huntelaar and Fabiano, as well as Zirkhov and a couple of new names (for this summer anyway) -- Alex Silva and Gareth Bale.
45m too much for Terry. Zarate, Lavezzi and the likes can rip him apart very easily.
45m too much for Terry. Zarate, Lavezzi and the likes can rip him apart very easily.
Terry's very good, but half that much would be too much for him (even if it were in euros and not pounds). Then again, if you're Manchester City and you have a rich Arab sugar daddy, money is no object. :D
Bosniaco
05-07-2009, 11:32
I like how Perez told baldy to **** off haha. He got Kaka now they are not friends anymore hahaha baldy u suck
At least he paid 68mil for Kaka. On the other hand we want to pay 0 and still go back to Milano with a player. Not even your brother will accept a deal like that....let alone a friend.
Friends are friends.....but business is business. :beer:
Blacktop
05-07-2009, 13:13
i heard that kaka=68 milions + emerson + redondo , true ?
I don't think so. Not sure from what orifice you pulled that from.
I wonder if mrki knows that Harry Redknapp is trying to talk Figo into coming out of retirement to play for Tottenham? Now there's a creative midfield target for Milan. :D
Arildonardo
05-07-2009, 13:39
Just when we think we have already done the worst two transfer dealings of the summer, by selling Kaka and Gourcuff, we're supposed to offer £20 million + Flamini for Adebayor... Unbelieveable, this better be just an insane rumour.
Jay Crisp
05-07-2009, 13:47
Ive really melloyed out now Im going to wait until the mercato is over then if the situation needs I will go mad , but until its over and we have done nothing I will try to remain calm ......UNLESS we sign Luca Toni then I will explode
Ive really melloyed out now Im going to wait until the mercato is over then if the situation needs I will go mad , but until its over and we have done nothing I will try to remain calm ......UNLESS we sign Luca Toni then I will explode
With joy? He's still a great goalscorer you know. :D
Hasan Rossonero
05-07-2009, 14:36
Zhirkov is in London to complete his medical before signing for Chelsea.
goal.com (Italian)
Galliani returns from Spain emptyhanded - goal.com
Honestly, we are a joke right now. Just when I think I can't hate our management more, they find a way to sink to new lows. It's simple isn't it--to buy players you need to spend money. Berlusconi does not want to. The one thing I was counting on was Galliani's friendship with Perez where we basically laid down for them. A loan would be a great option, but if not then why not spend some money. We have been unable to get any striker whatsoever. What is even more depressing is that we are competing with Marseille and Stuttgart for Huntelaar. Honestly, does a fall from grace have to be so abrupt and unceremonious?
We can't even have the leftovers of bigger, richer clubs like Real Madrid. If I were Berlusconi I would wither in shame.
The entire football world is in debt. If it means that we have to go in debt to buy players then so be it. I don't care about the books etc. I care about a competitive team that doesn't shame itself. We will not win anything for a long time with this philosophy. And if the management screws us, then I hope we don't. I also hope that Berlusconi gets the message that HE IS NOT WANTED.
Jay Crisp
05-07-2009, 14:40
With joy? He's still a great goalscorer you know. :D
4 Years ago my friend I would of beeb okay but he can't run can't shoot can't turn well he can turn like a bus he is just so slow and awkward he's one of those players that I don't know how he got as far as he did but I cannot argue with his goalscoring , I just know that it would be an awfull signing for Milan and anyone who disagrees know's nothing about football In his day he was good not great just good but watching him in the CL and at the conf cup it was embarassing how mediocure he has gotten so quickly....BTW Im presuming you were being sarcastic.
We can't even have the leftovers of bigger, richer clubs like Real Madrid. If I were Berlusconi I would wither in shame.
We all know that if there's something Berlu hasn't got it's shame. But frankly with all other stuff he's been up to lately (well, all his life really) what he's been doing to Milan these last few season pales in comparison...
Samaldinho
05-07-2009, 15:33
Didn't Galliani say: "A new striker will not arrive by Monday, so please wait?"
It's not like he came back empty handed, he told everyone that the striker(s) would not be coming tomorrow, so please, calm down.
Hasan Rossonero
05-07-2009, 16:03
Didn't Galliani say: "A new striker will not arrive by Monday, so please wait?"
It's not like he came back empty handed, he told everyone that the striker(s) would not be coming tomorrow, so please, calm down.
Of course he said that because he knows that the bargain bin is only filled in late August.
4 Years ago my friend I would of beeb okay but he can't run can't shoot can't turn well he can turn like a bus he is just so slow and awkward he's one of those players that I don't know how he got as far as he did but I cannot argue with his goalscoring , I just know that it would be an awfull signing for Milan and anyone who disagrees know's nothing about football In his day he was good not great just good but watching him in the CL and at the conf cup it was embarassing how mediocure he has gotten so quickly....BTW Im presuming you were being sarcastic.
Well, let's say I was teasing a bit. But he is still a great goalscorer (38 goals in 56 games for Bayern) and while he's not the player he once was, at 30 he's not a complete invalid either. I actually wouldn't mind having him as he could be a very valuable role player. But even if Milan had him (which they won't as Bayern has assured him he's in their plans for this year) they would still need to buy another striker who was more of a long-term solution. But Fabiano and Huntelaar are still on the table. I think it's very likely Milan will sign someone of that caliber rather than have to rely on Toni or Peter Crouch (who would be much farther down my list than Luca Toni!) as the main in-the-box striker. :D
Here, maybe this will make some of you feel a little bit less hopeless:
A €20m Bid From AC Milan Will Secure Luis Fabiano From Sevilla - Report
The Brazilians' agent has made it clear how much it will take for Sevilla to consider selling their hitman...
5 Jul 2009 18:53:11
A bid of around €20m will see Sevilla allow Luis Fabiano to enter into negotiations with AC Milan, according to reports from the Italian press.
Il Corriere dello Sport states that Jose Fuentes, the Brazilian’s representative, believes that if the Italian side re-assess their offer for the 28-year old, then Sevilla will be forced to accept it.
Goal.com understands that a €14m offer was rejected by the Rojiblancos earlier this week, but the striker remains the Rosseneri’s prime transfer target and Fuentes confirmed that Fabiano has made it clear that he wants permission to discuss terms over a potential move to Serie A.
“I think a bid of between €20m and €22m will see the clubs reach an agreement. The positions are not so distant. This is just the beginning of the negotiations,” said Fuentes.
Fabiano finished top scorer in the 2009 Confederations Cup, as his nation overcame the USA 3-2 in the final to lift the crown. In 2008, he finished runner up to Daniel Guiza for the Pichichi crown offered to the leading goalscorer in Spain.
Sevilla are desperate to cling onto their star, but Fuentes is hopeful a deal can be reached.
“It is true that Sevilla rejected the first proposal, but they have also indicated their willingness to negotiate,” he added.
Fabiano joined Sevilla from Portuguese side Porto in 2005, for a fee of €8m.
Paul Macdonald, Goal.com
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/07/05/1365603/a-20m-bid-from-ac-milan-will-secure-luis-fabiano-from
I'm just curious of who shall we not buy next. Ballack? :)
Seems like Galliani wants to go for both Fabiano and Huntelaar. Wonder if we get Hernanes if Pirlo leaves?
Seems like Galliani wants to go for both Fabiano and Huntelaar. Wonder if we get Hernanes if Pirlo leaves?
The thing is, if we get Fabiano and Huntelaar both, it probably means we are selling Pato.
No, it means we're probably selling Boriello.
The thing is, if we get Fabiano and Huntelaar both, it probably means we are selling Pato.
They won't get both, its just for which club accepts first. They won't accept at the same time.
Fabiano would be better, as he is a quiet acheiver, and has much expeirence on the national scene with his compatriots Pato and Dihno. I still think (not trying to act like Galliani too much here) that 20 million is the absoloute limit for Luis. He is 29 after all.....:hmm2:
Maltese Charlie
06-07-2009, 00:39
We can't even have the leftovers of bigger, richer clubs like Real Madrid. If I were Berlusconi I would wither in shame.
The entire football world is in debt. If it means that we have to go in debt to buy players then so be it. I don't care about the books etc. I care about a competitive team that doesn't shame itself. We will not win anything for a long time with this philosophy. And if the management screws us, then I hope we don't. I also hope that Berlusconi gets the message that HE IS NOT WANTED.
Hasan, Berlusconi was looking for you but cannot get you, he just drop a message to you.
Its on La Gazzetta dello Sport. :ilol: :guw:
Maltese Charlie
06-07-2009, 01:19
Gazzetta dello Sport - Milan, Berlusconi: "Siamo già forti così"
06.07.2009 07.57 di Marco Gori articolo letto 287 volte
Fonte: Gazzetta dello Sport
Queste le dichiarazioni di Silvio Berlusconi riportate da La Gazzetta dello Sport il giorno del raduno rossonero: "Abbiamo scelto di guardare avanti, puntando sul rinnova*mento. Ma la nostra 'rosa' ri*mane formidabile e quindi pre*vedo una buona stagione. I ti*fosi stiano tranquilli: non sarà un Milan rinunciatario. Abbiamo grandi campioni co*me Pato, Ronaldinho e Pirlo e molti giovani promettenti. Nessuno in Italia, dal punto di vista tecnico, ha una 'rosa' for*te come la nostra, nemmeno l'Inter. Gli obiettivi? Il Milan, come sempre, parte per vincere tutto, anche se poi ci sono annate più fortunate o meno fortunate. Rinforzi? Il problema non sono i nomi. Se sul mercato si apre qualche por*ta può arrivare qualcuno, altri*menti stiamo bene così. Non bi*sogna comprare a tutti i costi
:v46:
Too bad to be true!!!!
kastriot
06-07-2009, 01:23
Gazzetta dello Sport - Milan, Berlusconi: "Siamo già forti così"
06.07.2009 07.57 di Marco Gori articolo letto 287 volte
Fonte: Gazzetta dello Sport
Queste le dichiarazioni di Silvio Berlusconi riportate da La Gazzetta dello Sport il giorno del raduno rossonero: "Abbiamo scelto di guardare avanti, puntando sul rinnova*mento. Ma la nostra 'rosa' ri*mane formidabile e quindi pre*vedo una buona stagione. I ti*fosi stiano tranquilli: non sarà un Milan rinunciatario. Abbiamo grandi campioni co*me Pato, Ronaldinho e Pirlo e molti giovani promettenti. Nessuno in Italia, dal punto di vista tecnico, ha una 'rosa' for*te come la nostra, nemmeno l'Inter. Gli obiettivi? Il Milan, come sempre, parte per vincere tutto, anche se poi ci sono annate più fortunate o meno fortunate. Rinforzi? Il problema non sono i nomi. Se sul mercato si apre qualche por*ta può arrivare qualcuno, altri*menti stiamo bene così. Non bi*sogna comprare a tutti i costi
:v46:
Too bad to be true!!!!
Just when you think youve seen and heard it all....you gotta give it to him, his really funnty
Gabriel489
06-07-2009, 03:06
We really should be patience with the MGT as they are doing all they can with the team.
It is not Berlu and Gallis problem that Real or any other teams do not want to loan us a player who they can easily sell for their market value at present, or the fact that teams do not want to part with their best players to us for half of their market value, and it is absolutely not B and G problems that the player who they official signed has so call dental problems.
It is the other TEAMS that we should hate not them. I mean if only Real would just let Milan loan Hunter, Sneijder and Robben instead of trying to sell them for 60Mil. Or if only the Wolfs would sell Dzeko to Milan for 15Mil. Or Cissohko does not have dental problems or Porto accept Milan 12Mil bid. Or Sao Paolo would just sell Milan Hernenes and Miranda for 8 mil each with a 36months installment plan, since inflation is a huge problem in Brazil and it only make senses to use installment plan to purchase Brazil products. It is also not B and G problems that diehard fans just don't want to buy season tickets anymore.
BTW, Berlu is right about Milan being a side that even Inter cannot compare to in Series A, as Milan are full of champions that accomplished so much in the last 10 years. Esp with what the MIlan lab could do, these champs can play well into their 40s. Bea that Inter fans as they will lose their fav players through retirements at the right age, while us Milan fans can enjoy our heroes till they are 45.
I mean, name one Inter player that won CL-none.
Seedorf alone had won more CL than all of ManCity, Inter, Real, Juve and ManU new signings this transfer season.
Beside it is a WC year, guys like Dinho, Dida, Kaladze and Seedorf will play much better than in the last 3 years as they will want to impress and get pick for their National teams.
I for one can't wait to see how Dida position himself in front of goal as it is the perfect textbook materials for kids about goalkeeping.
Or how Seedorf will just blitz pass defenders with his lighting speed, it is so fast that it looks like he did not move at all.
Or how Dinho will just get back in top shape, have the top game mentality, be the top player and be great the moment that the season start.
Not to mention the movement of Pirlo and how he can always make perfect passes to players, and it just so happened that the opposing defenders will always intercept as the receiving players forgot how to move.
Milan is fine as they are, as T. Silva is a new signings, and since Nesta and Borreillo were injured last season, they are new signings too. Oddo coming back from loan is a new signing. Then there are Abate and Di Gennaro who showed great promises. Thats 6 new signings of which 2 of them are WC and had won the CL.
The team is really stronger than last year when Milan relied on Kaka and Maldini.
Looking forward to a great season at Milan.
Jay Crisp
06-07-2009, 03:29
Im trying to be patient but with things like this ...Berlusconi we are as strong as inter we have great champions a great squad we do not need to buy at any costs we are competitive and will try and win everything...Channel 4 Football Italia ...Is this idiot for real.
Gabriel489
06-07-2009, 03:37
Jay, I was making fun at the situation.
As it is very clear that Berlu has no intention in building the squad.
Pls don't say, Berlu is saying that in order to lower the prices of the players....as no clubs at present will come to Milan and said, 'I know you don't need him, but you can get him for X mil thats half of his market value.'
We do not need to sign anyone because Milan players are the most handsome players in Europe, even more handsome than Inter's.
Not even that, but it is a commonly known fact that Milan's players' wives are 5 times better looking than Inter's.
..heck...Davie Beckham is worth 3 Ibrahimovics due to his astonishing beauty
Jay Crisp
06-07-2009, 03:57
Gabriel I understood you were poking fun of the situation , I was calling Berlu an Idiot for what he had said on Channel 4 , he dosn't want to spend money what p1sses me off is all thge deception if he came out and said we are not buying anyone we will not spend any money...at least then we would know were screwed.
Gabriel489
06-07-2009, 04:01
We do not need to sign anyone because Milan players are the most handsome players in Europe, even more handsome than Inter's.
Not even that, but it is a commonly known fact that Milan's players' wives are 5 times better looking than Inter's.
..heck...Davie Beckham is worth 3 Ibrahimovics due to his astonishing beauty
For Inter players' defense, most of the team are still TOO YOUNG to get marry.
What Berlusconi says is true in some aspects....
However, these days, MGT does not seem se optimistic about their acheivments for next season. Last year, we aimed for the scudetto, this year.... A top three finish.
It is like MGT. already knows their activity in the market will be minimal, and are preparing for the worst. See this as a warning to us fans of what is to come for Milan.
I hope now you realise that its time for Galliani and Berlusconi to leave Milan and find another way to milk money.
I do expect sgnings: Cissokho and a CF. With some magical events maybe Hernanes. And then we'll rely on Kaladze, Nesta, Dinho, Pirlo and prey very hard.
And didnt Galliani said Borriello is better then Huntelaar, and wisely said Torres isnt our class?
If we buy a striker we solved what? one place out of 4 we need. 4 players must come: LB, Cb, CM/attacking minded, CF.
Gabriel489
06-07-2009, 04:15
What Berlusconi says is true in some aspects....
However, these days, MGT does not seem se optimistic about their acheivments for next season. Last year, we aimed for the scudetto, this year.... A top three finish.
It is like MGT. already knows their activity in the market will be minimal, and are preparing for the worst. See this as a warning to us fans of what is to come for Milan.
How can you say what Berlu said is true to some aspects?
Which part do you think it is true?
Maybe I am reading the translation instead of the real IT paper. But from the translation, he is sugarcoating a very bad product. The only true aspect is that he is not going to spend on the team.
How can you say what Berlu said is true to some aspects?
Which part do you think it is true?
Maybe I am reading the translation instead of the real IT paper. But from the translation, he is sugarcoating a very bad product. The only true aspect is that he is not going to spend on the team.
“Reinforcements? The problem is not the names. If on the market some doors open up, someone can arrive, otherwise we’re fine like this. We must not buy at all cost.”
I believe in this.
Milan CEO Adriano Galliani: Real Madrid Have Destabilised The Transfer Market
The Rossoneri executive has blamed los Merengues’ free-spending for the inflated prices in the transfer market.
6 Jul 2009 09:11:25
Milan vice president Adriano Galliani flew back to Italy yesterday after ineffectual talks with Real Madrid supremo Florentino Perez, who he has since blamed for destabilising the transfer market.
Galliani reportedly tried to get a loan deal for 25-year-old forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, but the proposal was bluntly rejected by Perez.
“They demand €20-30 million for a striker? We say goodbye and go home. A domino effect triggered by Real is setting in, because every club asks €20-30m for any player these days," Galliani complained to the Corriere Dello Sport.
“After all, only Real Madrid have spent money so far. The top four English clubs have done nothing. And only Diego has arrived in Italy from abroad at Juventus.
“We will show up again when the prices go down, not earlier. The fans have to understand that it’s not possible to negotiate at these prices.
“Our coach will have at least six offensive players at his disposal: [Clarence] Seedorf; [Filippo] Inzaghi; [Marco] Borriello; [Alexandre] Pato; Ronaldinho; and Gianmarco Zigoni. Yes, our young recruit will get into the first team, just like it happened with [Alberto] Paloschi.”
Milan signed highly-rated striker Zigoni from Treviso last month for a reported fee of just €1.2m.
Vince Masiello, Goal.com
Marseille Offer €13m For Real Madrid's Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
The French side are upping the ante on the transfer front and have pinpointed the Dutchman as their next target...
5 Jul 2009 18:26:51
French Ligue 1 runners-up Olympique Marseille are set to launch a €13m bid for Real Madrid forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, according to reports.
Huntelaar moved to the Bernabeu in January from Dutch side Ajax for a fee of €20m but, with the arrival of Karim Benzema in the past week, his opportunities are likely to be limited next season, and Europe’s top clubs have been put on alert regarding his availability.
Earlier today, Goal.com reported that Los Blancos had rejected a loan offer from AC Milan for the 25-year old, but a significant cash offer could see Perez consider moving the striker on to pastures new.
Marseille have smashed their own transfer record this weekend with the capture of midfielder Lucho Gonzalez from Porto for €18m, signalling their intent to clinch silverware next season under new coach Didier Deschamps.
Now French publication La Provence states that l'OM have set their sights on Huntelaar, as they look to challenge both domestically and in the Champions League.
Much may depend on the players’ willingness to move to France.
The Dutchman had a prolific goalscoring record during his time in Holland, netting 76 times in 92 domestic matches and, despite only making his debut for Real Madrid in February, he scored 8 times to help his side clinch second place in the La Liga table.
Paul Macdonald, Goal.com
No use feeling bitter towards Perez. Business is business, adn you don't have to pay favours....
Just thinking, how much have we spent so far. Maybe 5 million euro tops?
We should spend atleast half of what we made from sales. It will almost be impossble signing a defender (we bloddy need one, everyone forgets about the defense), and a quality CF at the same time. Surely, Berlusconi, out of all his assets can drag out 10 million euro from somewhere, as so we can find a quality defender....
Come on guys, we NEED a defender......
It is very much true that RealM has distorted transfer market and that almost every club now demands too much money, but that doesn't give Galli the right to make a fool out of himself through his interviews where he sounds like a broken record all the time and cries like a little kid and therefore brings shame to Milan reputation.
All those things can be done with little more professionalism.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.