View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
Lebanese
14-07-2009, 13:56
Yes, I watched many of his games last season (actually his games were not many :D). For my view, he was just like Jankulovski (worse actually), very bad at defending. For attacking role I think Antonini was better as I said in my post previously.
Antonini brought to Milan was for 3rd or 4th backup, not direct backup for our fullbacks. That's what he said in his interview in his first weeks with Milan. He himself realised his quality. :D
man why you're hating
spina_don
14-07-2009, 13:57
Galliani has confirmed that we will not be making new offers for Fabiano; Berlusconi has said 15 million is the maximum amount we are going to offer. (milannews).
In the past I would think this was a negotiation ploy, but now it is clear that we do not have the resources to sign anyone.
What a bunch of cheap, incompetent liars and cheats. Would it really be such a huge deal to offer a bit more and actually secure a player on time!?!?
it didn't say that we won't make a new offer..it said we haven't made a new offer and berlusconi still wants the offer of 15 million....so we jus have to wait and see...however, it doesn't mean that we can't increase it a little
Real Madrid hasnt sold Huntelaar yet becouse they will keep him untill Galliani finds himself a CF. If he fails, Milan will get Huntelaar.
But this state in which we cant pay for anyone serious is really sad to see. Brlusconi has made so much money from transfers this summer and we cant pay 18-20mln for Fabiano. 20mln is a fair price for this player right now as at this moment he is at the highest point of his career and form.
My nautions of reading same **** every day how we dont have money. Really, we cant think we'll do anything with the investments like Genova.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
On Hernanes, I thikn youtube can only disciver CF's abilities, as it clearly showes finish ability of certain players. At least to some point it shows the player.
I have seen Hernanes in 90 min games, like 5,6 times. I have to say he had better and worse performances in those matches, but he has class in his play. He is not a player like Pirlo, but as Brk said reminds of younger Seedorf. Also, Hernanes is not fast, but is not slow either. He moves well and follows the play intelligently. Reads the game well and his passing is on highest level. BUT, again, its extremly hard for me to judge a player in brasilian league. Its a different football world.
I've also noticed that at some points Hernanes was too rlaxed on the pitch - "Pirlo stile" :)
All in all, I would pay for him and sign him "instead" of Pirlo. Either way, our DM will be Gattuso or Flamini, for Hernanes.
--------Gattuso-------
--Hernanes---Flamini----
I've seen Hernanes play on the left, right, centre etc. All in one game. He can do it all, but Leonardo wants hard DM, and he'll play Rino-Flamini/Ambro.
The formation we could see is actually 4-2-2-2. It doesnt mean it will not work.
-----Gattuso---Flamini----
------Hernanes-Dinho---
--------Pato--Fabiano---
This means, that this team will adopt its play during the game and play 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1 etc. During the attcking play it could be 4-2-2-2.
It this case, and that is what Leo is saying GOOD fullbacks are necessary. That is why he wanted Cissokho, a player that is able to play 90min of top tempo up and wond and hes phisical power.
We'll need a brilliant tactical setup now when KAka' is gone, becouse to play Pato at RW is something that simply cANT happen, for the love of football! Pato is a goal player, he lives for goals. Dinho cant be CAM.
We are actually in great tactical problems, and we need one brilliant fullback and one brilliant CF. so far we have none.
EDIT:
I also wouldnt mind we play Pato as a CF and create a tight midfield of Flamini, Gattuso, Hernanes, AM, Dinho. We had Gourcuff for that, but we have money now.
Hasan Rossonero
14-07-2009, 14:06
it didn't say that we won't make a new offer..it said we haven't made a new offer and berlusconi still wants the offer of 15 million....so we jus have to wait and see...however, it doesn't mean that we can't increase it a little
Right, Berlusconi still wants the 15 million offer to go through, meaning that what he says Galliani does. I don't think we will increase our offer. All we are doing is making our image even worse in the football world. Honestly, we are not conducting ourselves like a prestigious club.
Now, we have to speculate on line-ups etc. with the players we have. Can we do well with the strikers at our disposal (assuming Pato isn't sold)?
I think so, especially if Borriello can stay injury free.
Im also wondering IS Milan able to buy Hernanes at all? The price is what, 25-30mln... I dont know.
Filipéz 182
14-07-2009, 14:11
Do you not listen they wouldnt pay over 15 for Fabiano , 20 for Dzeko backtracked on a deal for Cissokho , What in the name of god makes you think a deal for Rossi for 28 - 34 million will happen.
Either your being sarcastic or you the optomistic person on the planet but no Dice on any player over 15 million is clear and for those who think Hernanes or D'Agostino will arrive if Pirlo leaves I hope your right but I would not be surprised if Pirlo left and no1 came in.
chill dude!!
There is also a difference in age in case you didnt noticed, fabiano is 28/29yo and silvio said milan would concentrate on youth!! and he doesnt want to spend too much on older players.
I think we'll go for a younger striker than Fabiano, wich is good IMO!
Dzeko or Rossi would be much better options as we are settled for many years with them. Even if they are more expensive now it will be the cheaper option in a few years as we'll have to sign a replacement for fabiano then.
And I dont think it's so impossible we'll sign a player for about 25m (be it dzeko or rossi or someone else).
I dont say we'll get Rossi, he's just one of my favourites. But a player like him (and dzeko) is possible to get IMO. we just sold Kaka you know...
so chill down!!
Filipéz 182
14-07-2009, 14:12
Im also wondering IS Milan able to buy Hernanes at all? The price is what, 25-30mln... I dont know.
maybe, but only if we sell pirlo!
Jay Crisp
14-07-2009, 14:17
chill dude!!
There is also a difference in age in case you didnt noticed, fabiano is 28/29yo and silvio said milan would concentrate on youth!! and he doesnt want to spend too much on older players.
I think we'll go for a younger striker than Fabiano, wich is good IMO!
Dzeko or Rossi would be much better options as we are settled for many years with them. Even if they are more expensive now it will be the cheaper option in a few years as we'll have to sign a replacement for fabiano then.
And I dont think it's so impossible we'll sign a player for about 25m (be it dzeko or rossi or someone else).
I dont say we'll get Rossi, he's just one of my favourites. But a player like him (and dzeko) is possible to get IMO. we just sold Kaka you know...
so chill down!!
my fury over another failure got the better sorry i hope your right i just don't see anyone costing more than 10 - 15 million coming in im chilled now my friend peace.
Lebanese
14-07-2009, 16:01
Milan will step into the real market after 2 or 3 friendlies.
The management are still hoping good of our senators and there is no way can convience them otherwise. Quite frankly I don't see milan spending big or approaching big names it will depend on our performance as a whole they already drew a 3rd place objective and championsleague is not an objective maybe final 8 if we get lucky . So what I trully think is we already saw Milan 'ganist varese just add to them pato pirlo zambrotta with abbiati.
We are all hoping we get something out of this summer mercato but in the end deep inside we all know that this kind of management is not willing to invest in order to flourish again.
Maybe we see Toni comes in , drogba/pirlo swap, a backup defender coming in, an ex champ league or world cup winner but not a true transfer target
peace out
ACMILAN1983
14-07-2009, 16:18
The Fabiano delay/failure doesn't disappoint me much. I actually agree with Berlu's assessment of not spending so much on older players, especially as we'd need to get a replacement within around 2 years. I think Fabiano is a good player, but he's not really worth the money reported (i.e. over 20m).
One other thing which I felt really pleased about. Borriello has said that Leonardo's a really strict coach and there's more discipline in training. For me, based on the attitude of the players in the past few years, it's really important that we have this extra discipline, and I'm glad to hear Leo doesn't appear to be taking any rubbish.
man why you're hating
Actually I think he's correct in his assessment. Antonini, for all his workrate and runs forward, isn't particularly solid at the back and it showed in his performances last season. I'm not sure he's worse than Janku as Siregar said, but certainly I don't think he's a capable starter for us.
johncharles365
14-07-2009, 16:22
Its seems very absurd that Milan would need to sell pirlo in order to get hernanes after Milan has just sold 85 million euros worth of players, unless Berlusconi is selling the club there is nothing that can be gained by servicing the debt. I hoped that after Milan sold kaka that we would gain some independence from Berlusconi it seems very frustrating the silvio is allowed to maintain a level of control without contributing any resources. Anyway if Milan don't buy Fabiano for the bargain price he is at now i can't see Milan making huge inroads into the transfer market. it is hard to come to any conclusion right now. Milan tend to buy the majority of players in late july and early august if Milan haven't brought any new players in that period than it pretty safe to assume that Milan will be inactive for the rest of the summer transfer window unless a player is available on a free transfer. It seems that Berlusconi is convinced that Milan problems are caused by poor tactics rather than poor transfer policy until Milan start getting battered 4-0 by the bigger teams i can't see Silvio changing his conclusions.
So, according to Sky Sport 24, Milan and Rio will meet again over Fabiano in the next few days. Silvio has agreed to go to 17 million euros plus bonuses based on Milan's league position. Or something like that.
Il Milan e Luis Fabiano sono VICINI VICINI!
Lo riferisce Sky Sport 24.
14/lug/2009 23.52.51
Nuove informazioni sulla trattativa Luis Fabiano-Milan.
Secondo quanto riportato da Sky Sport 24, le parti in causa (Milan e la Rio, società detentrice del cartellino del brasiliano) hanno parlato nel pomeriggio della strategia per arrivare al giocatore brasiliano e convincere definitivamente il Siviglia.
Il Milan inizialmente era fermo a sborsare una cifra vicina ai 15 milioni di euro, mentre la richiesta della Rio era di 20 milioni di euro.
Successivamente, sempre secondo Sky Sport 24, sarebbe intervenuto il presidente Berlusconi, che avrebbe fatto alzare l'offerta a 17 milioni più due di bonus (legati al piazzamento in campionato del Milan), molto vicina a quella richiesta.
A questo punto le parti hanno deciso di darsi nuovamente appuntamento nei prossimi giorni.
Nel frattempo, la Rio potrebbe andare a parlare con il Siviglia per prelevare il restante 35% del cartellino di Luis Fabiano, anche se, in ogni caso, per concludere la trattativa occorrerà il benestare della società spagnola.
All'incontro hanno partecipato anche i rappresentanti della Stellar, società che in Europa detiene i cartellini di circa 500 calciatori, tra i quali ci sarebbe uno dei prossimi obiettivi di mercato del Milan, il terzino del Tottenham Bale.
And roughly in English:
The Milan and Luis Fabiano have VICINI VICINI!
The reports Sky Sports 24th 14/lug/2009 23:52:51
New information on the treaty-Milan Luis Fabiano.
As reported by Sky Sport 24, the sides (Milan and Rio, a company holding the card of Brazil) have talked in the afternoon of the strategy to reach the Brazilian player and finally convince the Seville.
AC Milan was initially stopped to pay a figure close to 15 million euros, while the request of the Rio was 20 million. Subsequently, according to Sky Sport 24, the president would have intervened Berlusconi that it would raise the offer to 17 million plus two bonus (linked to placement in the league Milan), very close to that request.
At this point the parties have agreed to be meeting again in the coming days. Meanwhile, the Rio could go and speak to Seville to take the remaining 35% of the card by Luis Fabiano, although In any case, to conclude the treaty will require the approval of Spanish society.
The meeting was also attended by representatives of Stellar, a company in Europe that holds the cards of about 500 players, among whom there would be one of the next targets for market of Milan, the quarterback of Bale Tottenham.
http://www.goal.com/it/news/7/calciomercato/2009/07/14/1382852/il-milan-e-luis-fabiano-sono-vicini-vicini
man why you're hating
LOL, I never hate Antonini. I like him, I like his character. He is optimistic player who set his goal realistically.
I might be too harsh but I don't think there is big improvement from Janku if we talk about defensive ability between them. But for offensive ability I choose Antonini. Even Janku is a more offensive player, Antonini offers more things than Jankulovski when they move forward.
Blacktop
14-07-2009, 19:26
Taylor, I love you!!!!:5att:
Thanks, I think. :)
Brasileiro
14-07-2009, 20:20
Yes, it sometimes happens to me with the edit thing as well.
And I agree completely about Fabiano. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't get done, considering how much they've put into it already. All sides are just playing hardball right now because, frankly (and despite the impatience of fans), it's still early. Sometime in the next week or two both Sevilla and Milan will budge and an agreement will be struck because this is the player Milan wants and a player who wants Milan. It will be worth the time and effort if each side gets a better deal than they're facing right now.
Yep, Del Nido is well know for the way he negotiate, and Milan also always play hardball...I still remeber that even with Kaká price set by São Paulo in the past(7 or 8 Millions) Milan still play hardball saying that will not pay that price.
Luis Fabiano wants to play for Milan(and Leonardo), the World Cup is near and he´s THE MAN in Brazil NT attack. So, I doubt he goes for another club but Milan. He will not jeaopardy his spot in Brazil NT...and I really doubt Sevilla will want to keep a player that have a offer from a club like Milan. He will be really mad at Sevilla since he´s at 28 and will be his last chance...
Imo it will take sometime, but the parts will reach an agreement. It will be good for all parts. But Sevilla is right, 14M is a joke...as 30M also is. 18 or 20 is a fair price for both clubs...
EDIT: to the team of decada article: To put Abiatti ahead of Dida is shamefull. That guy need to lose his job. But since Goal.com have the most biased articles in the earth, it´s not a surprise...
Rossoneri Fuego
14-07-2009, 20:24
hernanes is the real deal nao e verdade brasileiro e o grande jogador?
Brasileiro
14-07-2009, 20:37
hernanes is the real deal nao e verdade brasileiro e o(um) grande jogador?
Lol, Rossoneri...great portuguese:ilol: Next time, just change the o for the bold part. But your portuguese is already better than my English ;)
Hernanes is amazing player. It wasn´t coincidence Guardiola even with Xavi and Iniesta on the team, fought hard to bring Hernanes for Braça last season.
Btw, today the new São Paulo coach started to work with a new formation without Hernanes. He´s in a poor form, but I have a feeling that maybe the coach is looking forward to a team without Hernanes...who knows? I´m just speculating...
Imo it will take sometime, but the parts will reach an agreement. It will be good for all parts. But Sevilla is right, 14M is a joke...as 30M also is. 18 or 20 is a fair price for both clubs...
I'm hopeful about that report that Silvio has agreed to go to 17 plus a bonus based on Milan's position. That sounds at least close to something that could get done.
Brasileiro
14-07-2009, 21:15
I'm hopeful about that report that Silvio has agreed to go to 17 plus a bonus based on Milan's position. That sounds at least close to something that could get done.
Yep, thats a good start, a fair offer...
If I´m not wrong, It is the way Milan always played. Galliani throw a cheap offer, the other team didn´t accept, Belusca give hard quotes and after some time they seat to find a resonable price...
It will be great to have the future top scorer of 2010 World Cup playing for my team:) Even with people thinking that a 29yo player is a elder...
tardissun
15-07-2009, 01:48
I dont say we'll get Rossi, he's just one of my favourites. But a player like him (and dzeko) is possible to get IMO. we just sold Kaka you know...
Please, no Rossi.
Most overrated forward this year. Hands down.
He saved a poorly performing Italy in 1 game, and suddenly he's everyone's choice for savior but I've watched him for some time
and he's overall disappointing. That's what ManU dropped him and
why no top Italy team will move for him.
Well, I guess I'd trade Dida for him. I'd do anything to get rid of Dida.
Please, no Rossi.
Most overrated forward this year. Hands down.
He saved a poorly performing Italy in 1 game, and suddenly he's everyone's choice for savior but I've watched him for some time
and he's overall disappointing. That's what ManU dropped him and
why no top Italy team will move for him.
Well, I guess I'd trade Dida for him. I'd do anything to get rid of Dida.
But if you watched him at parma you would agree he is a gifted attacker.
hitmannq8
15-07-2009, 04:36
rumour of today is: FRED
Obviously, the hernanes deal hangs on whether Pirlo leaves or not. You think Milan will pull 30 million out of nowhere and keep both? No....
I know I should be think more rationally, but I just want a solid CF now dammit! The failed Dzeko deal that wasted months has irritated my patience, and if this deal drags on, we may enter the season wihthout a new foward.
Simply, if Milan doesn't want to negotaiate with some ba*ls, then forget about a CF (They are always in demand and will cost alot), and seal up our defense first. That is the very least our mercato shouold have ALREADY delivered....
If we leave it too late, patiently waiting for Madrid to leave the market alone and thus lower general prices, we will NOT have the time to negotiate a quality player. After selling Kaka and Gourcuff, we need another attacking option.....
Still, I rate the defense first.
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 05:01
Rossi is a gifted attacker,but he is not better other talents in Italy,he is indeed overrated,nobody here or on other forums were screaming for Milan to make a move for this player and also the press didnt pay attention to him,but suddenly after his goals against USA everybody went nuts and wanted Rossi in his team.That doesnt sound right.
I have seen him play at Villareal many times and yes he is a very good player with talent,i agree.But its not like he is the next C.Ronaldo that we HAVE to snap him up.He isnt needed and even if we wanted him badly it still would be a bad deal just because he is way overpriced,he cost around 30 million according to the reports....thats just ridiculous.
I hope Milan can get the deal done for Fabiano quickly,or Huntelaar i just dont care who comes,we need a new striker and both fit the profile.I am sick now to see reports telling the deal is off and the next day it is on again,just like with the Cissokho-saga,Milan must complete the deal now so that the guy can go with us on the US-Tour.
That Bale rumour is old,he hasnt played that much for Tottenham and i dont know him.
Real Madrid hasnt sold Huntelaar yet becouse they will keep him untill Galliani finds himself a CF. If he fails, Milan will get Huntelaar.
Id be happy with Huntelaar. He has a nack of scoring lots of goals. Fabiano in his peak for a higher (price) doesnt sound like a better deal than Huntelaar before he explodes for a lower (?) price.
Besides, I dont think we need Fabiano as much as we need creativity in midfield. Boriello will solve alot of problems this year and Pippo when fit will score. So a young and promising (and patient) player to add to Pato, Boriello and Inzaghi seems the logical step to take.
The transfers I think Milan need to make the most are a creative midfielder and some defenders.
Its obvious to see this mercato wont bring us a goalkeeper, but we need to think about another fullback and a centreback. Nesta is still the best around, but only if he can stay injury free.
Id be happy with Huntelaar. He has a nack of scoring lots of goals. Fabiano in his peak for a higher (price) doesnt sound like a better deal than Huntelaar before he explodes for a lower (?) price.
Besides, I dont think we need Fabiano as much as we need creativity in midfield. Boriello will solve alot of problems this year and Pippo when fit will score. So a young and promising (and patient) player to add to Pato, Boriello and Inzaghi seems the logical step to take.
The transfers I think Milan need to make the most are a creative midfielder and some defenders.
Its obvious to see this mercato wont bring us a goalkeeper, but we need to think about another fullback and a centreback. Nesta is still the best around, but only if he can stay injury free.
hunter won't come cheap, but if we are to play 20 million for either him or Luis, I would of course pick the Dutchman. We need height and aerial ability more in defense than attack. Huntelaar like you said has good scoring ability....
Yeah, we need a "spark" in our midfield. A player similar to Gourcuff would have been perfect! Most of out midfielders are old and slower, and risk being run around the ground by younger faster teams in Serie A..... (check out the players Palermo and Lazio added to their midfield!)
In terms of adding aerial ability to the defense, Onyewu should theoretically provide that. But is he Milan standard? We will see when he faces against top European teams in America. Just in case though, we need a more proven CB, but I would still be happy with a young Brazilian full back, such as Santos. Miranda would be an option as well.....
Hernanes' arrival would be still hard even if Pirlo is sold.....
For the GK situation, I have all but accepted the fact that no one will arive. I trust Storari more than Kalac though, though one must go...... Dida has earned the no.2 spot and Abbiatti is undisputed no.1
Hope the Marchetti rumours are true:lick:
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 05:11
That fullback will arrive,but we should forget about the centreback IMO,after the transfer of Onyewu we havent been linked with any CB this mercato,because we dont need any.Well acctually we need a CB,but we have to many for that position already.Kaladze,Bonera,Favalli,Nesta,Silva,Onyewu and maybe Darmian.IMO THATS 6,EVEN 7 PLAYERS FOR 2 POSITIONS!!!!!!!
So us buying a new CB would be crazy because nobody from the above mentioned players will leave except for Darmian maybe.
6 players for 2 positions is crazy,we wont get any new players for CB.Thats for sure.
We will get a LB,creative CM and a CF.Thats it.And that creative CM will ofcourse only come if Pirlo really leaves.
That fullback will arrive,but we should forget about the centreback IMO,after the transfer of Onyewu we havent been linked with any CB this mercato,because we dont need any.Well acctually we need a CB,but we have to many for that position already.Kaladze,Bonera,Favalli,Nesta,Silva,Onyewu and maybe Darmian.IMO THATS 6,EVEN 7 PLAYERS FOR 2 POSITIONS!!!!!!!
So us buying a new CB would be crazy because nobody from the above mentioned players will leave except for Darmian maybe.
6 players for 2 positions is crazy,we wont get any new players for CB.Thats for sure.
We will get a LB,creative CM and a CF.Thats it.And that creative CM will ofcourse only come if Pirlo really leaves.
How could you say that?! We had overloaded defenses im previous years, yet still our defense, in particular, CB, failed us....
For me, there is nothing wrong with having alot of CBs in our squad. It has been a great problem in previous seasons..... Let's play it safe guys!
Albertazzi at the moment is ahead of Darmian, and Darmian should be loaned out.
Guys the owner of the club we bought Oneywu from said he would make an excellent backup. I dont think its realistic for us to expect anything more just yet and his aerial ability is fine, but it wont help us if he is on the bench.
I cant help to wonder, why on earth Zapatta hasnt been bought yet. The way he plays at his age in seria a, he could be the next Thuram.
I really hope the Marchetti thing was true also.
I tell you Saliwonczyk, I am bitter about this mercato. But I wouldnt be half as bitter as I am if we had retained Gourcuff. That would have atleast reembled a plan. Its going to really hurt when he has a good world cup and is sold for 35 mil
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 05:30
How could you say that?! We had overloaded defenses im previous years, yet still our defense, in particular, CB, failed us....
For me, there is nothing wrong with having alot of CBs in our squad. It has been a great problem in previous seasons..... Let's play it safe guys!
Albertazzi at the moment is ahead of Darmian, and Darmian should be loaned out.
Its not my opinion ofcourse......
I am just explaining things trough the eyes of the MGT,you cant expect that they are going to try and lure a CB to Milan with already haven six in their squad,abolsutely now way!
Of course everybody including myself want a extra good great young(italian)CB like Santacroce or Zapata.But the MGT isnt going to do that,it was clear: We would get one CB this summer and IF somebody would be sold we would MAYBE get two and you guys know this.The CB that arrived is Gooch.And it seems Kala and the others will stay so there will be no other CB coming in,its sad but its the truth.
And IF that fullback wont arrive then thank god we have a major talent in Albertazzi in our team,because he can do what Santon has done,he is even better then Santon as Santon had to bench for Albertazzi when they played together in the young squad of Italy.
Guys the owner of the club we bought Oneywu from said he would make an excellent backup. I dont think its realistic for us to expect anything more just yet and his aerial ability is fine, but it wont help us if he is on the bench.
I cant help to wonder, why on earth Zapatta hasnt been bought yet. The way he plays at his age in seria a, he could be the next Thuram.
I really hope the Marchetti thing was true also.
I tell you Saliwonczyk, I am bitter about this mercato. But I wouldnt be half as bitter as I am if we had retained Gourcuff. That would have atleast reembled a plan. Its going to really hurt when he has a good world cup and is sold for 35 mil
yeah, if we didn't insert a clause (don't blame Galliani for that, but believe they didn't try hard enough to convince Yoann to return), we could have sold the player for ATLEAST 30 million! With that cash, getting Dzeko wouldn't have been a problem..... Better, we could have kept him and solved our midfield for years to come.....
Zapatta will cost money, and money is not what Milan is willing to splash out. juve is most likely to get him, but the door is open for us if we are serious..... Better than a Brazilian export, due to his experience in the league.
About Onyewu's former owner, it struck me when I first read the article. Why would this man be happy for the bloke, after he left for free. Wouldn't Liege want some cash out of their star man?! Myabe he wasn't that great?:dontkn:
Its not my opinion ofcourse......
I am just explaining things trough the eyes of the MGT,you cant expect that they are going to try and lure a CB to Milan with already haven six in their squad,abolsutely now way!
Of course everybody including myself want a extra good great young(italian)CB like Santacroce or Zapata.But the MGT isnt going to do that,it was clear: We would get one CB this summer and IF somebody would be sold we would MAYBE get two and you guys know this.The CB that arrived is Gooch.And it seems Kala and the others will stay so there will be no other CB coming in,its sad but its the truth.
And IF that fullback wont arrive then thank god we have a major talent in Albertazzi in our team,because he can do what Santon has done,he is even better then Santon as Santon had to bench for Albertazzi when they played together in the young squad of Italy.
Is that really true about Albertazzi and Santon. I am very happy!:u125:
But yes, MGT sees our defense by numbers, not injury concerns or actual depth.... in reality, our defensive unit in the centre is very weak, and wouldn't stand well against some top quality European opponents we may be facing in the UEFA Champions League next season.... Reinforcments are needed!
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 06:22
Well if Nesta stays fit then Zambrotta-Nesta-Silva-Albertazzi is good enough to battle Barca and United.But Nesta has to stay fit.
BTW: Milan are asking more then the offered 18 million for Pirlo,they want to see more cash especially because they are going to reinvest it in Hernanes and 18 million isnt good enough to lure the Brazillian to Milaan.Lets see if Chelski offeres more.....
Well if Nesta stays fit then Zambrotta-Nesta-Silva-Albertazzi is good enough to battle Barca and United.But Nesta has to stay fit.
BTW: Milan are asking more then the offered 18 million for Pirlo,they want to see more cash especially because they are going to reinvest it in Hernanes and 18 million isnt good enough to lure the Brazillian to Milaan.Lets see if Chelski offeres more.....
Let's drag it our to 25 million! Hernanes will cost atleast 30 million himself.
Silva and Albertazzi are virtually untested against Europe's best (I know Silva once played in Europe)..... The only proven defenders on that list are Zambro and Nesta, so in theory, I would have to disagree. However, by my gut-feelings, I believe you what you are saying.....
Why did you list Albertazzi at LB. Is that where he usually plays, and if so, is he really better than Santon? Would think Antonini and Janko are ahead of him in that spot at the moment.....
That's is me for today.... See you tommorow!:cry:
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 06:28
yeah, if we didn't insert a clause (don't blame Galliani for that, but believe they didn't try hard enough to convince Yoann to return), we could have sold the player for ATLEAST 30 million! With that cash, getting Dzeko wouldn't have been a problem..... Better, we could have kept him and solved our midfield for years to come.....
Zapatta will cost money, and money is not what Milan is willing to splash out. juve is most likely to get him, but the door is open for us if we are serious..... Better than a Brazilian export, due to his experience in the league.
About Onyewu's former owner, it struck me when I first read the article. Why would this man be happy for the bloke, after he left for free. Wouldn't Liege want some cash out of their star man?! Myabe he wasn't that great?:dontkn:
I AM GOING TO SAY THIS FOR THE LAST TIME: :argue:
It keeps irritating me to see comments that suggest that Standard didnt try to offer Gooch a new contract and that he could walk away without Standard caring about it because he wasnt that good.....thats all bull****!
He had one-year left on his contract last season,and trough the whole year Standard were offering him several contract-options to try and convince him to stay,they offered him a long contract deal with allot of cash.But Gooch refused and he wanted a new adventure,the joke is that he was so important for them that they didnt want to sell him in the winter mercato with the chance to earn some cash for him because the coach wanted him to stay for the last half year.Then before he went to the Confederations Cup they were talking with him and his manager again and were offering again a improved contract but he refused.
Thats the story,he was very appreciated in Belgium and even when they had the last chance to cash in for him they refused.
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 06:30
Let's drag it our to 25 million! Hernanes will cost atleast 30 million himself.
Silva and Albertazzi are virtually untested against Europe's best (I know Silva once played in Europe)..... The only proven defenders on that list are Zambro and Nesta, so in theory, I would have to disagree. However, by my gut-feelings, I believe you what you are saying.....
Why did you list Albertazzi at LB. Is that where he usually plays, and if so, is he really better than Santon? Would think Antonini and Janko are ahead of him in that spot at the moment.....
That's is me for today.... See you tommorow!:cry:
I listed Albertazzi because i believe that Leo is going to do what Mourinho has done,he will put some youngsters in the team and if they survive he will let them play there in a regular basis,Albertazzi is a LB and he is better then Santon i am sure about it,Santon hasnt the same offensive qualities that Albertazzi has but Santon is better in defense,but all in all Albertazzi has more talent.
And yes Silva is untested but lets be serious guys i dont think he will flop.
ACMILAN1983
15-07-2009, 06:32
Rossi is a gifted attacker,but he is not better other talents in Italy,he is indeed overrated,nobody here or on other forums were screaming for Milan to make a move for this player and also the press didnt pay attention to him,but suddenly after his goals against USA everybody went nuts and wanted Rossi in his team.That doesnt sound right.
I have seen him play at Villareal many times and yes he is a very good player with talent,i agree.But its not like he is the next C.Ronaldo that we HAVE to snap him up.He isnt needed and even if we wanted him badly it still would be a bad deal just because he is way overpriced,he cost around 30 million according to the reports....thats just ridiculous.
I hope Milan can get the deal done for Fabiano quickly,or Huntelaar i just dont care who comes,we need a new striker and both fit the profile.I am sick now to see reports telling the deal is off and the next day it is on again,just like with the Cissokho-saga,Milan must complete the deal now so that the guy can go with us on the US-Tour.
That Bale rumour is old,he hasnt played that much for Tottenham and i dont know him.
Rossi has been mentioned on this and other forums for years now, since around the time he declared himself as being a Milan fan. Just because there was no hype surrounding him prior to the USA game doesn't mean there weren't calls for him. I wrote a long post a week before the USA match saying how he could be a very good option for us.
Rossi has proven to be an important element to every club he's played at since his youth days, barring Newcastle Utd where he wasn't given the chance in a messed up club. At Villarreal, Parma and Man Utd youth he was a key figure in the teams, his statistics back up his hype too as his goal to game ratio isn't bad and his assisting record was fair too (actually comparable to Kaka). In fact, the biggest argument against him is that he has a tendency to drift in and out of games, which at 22 isn't particularly shocking and something which can be developed with a little time. That said, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo at their primes were both players who'd drift out of games frequently.
To also say he's not the next C.Ronaldo doesn't make sense either. At 22 Ronaldo was far from the player he is now, effectively a raw talent that had little to no end product. As for price Rossi's buy out clause is around 30m, not his actual price, which given the rumours of when Juve were after was closer to around 20m.
Jay Crisp
15-07-2009, 06:47
Not paying the extra 5 million for Fabiono is just ridiculous it brings up the ? why bid in the first place ( I know 5 million isnt peanuts) 20 million for a player like Fabiano is just what you have to pay and not overpriced , Glen Johnson is overpriced I just do not understand why MGT are bidding for players that they know they won't get (would someone bid 40 million for Messi you wouldnt get him for that price) they have to spend money to make money if they are not going to spend big actually say so then we will know.
They don't owe me anything but if we knew we werent going to spend big it would be a relief at least we'd know , I think some money will be spent but I cannot see Hernanes coming even if Pirlo goes .
I think Pirlo will be sold for 20 - 25 million that will be 100 million that we made and I think Fabiano will go for 15 million + form related bonuses , but other than that I can't see anyone coming that will be milan debt free Berlusconi 25 million richer but what can we do ....all I want is honesty.
I just do not understand why MGT are bidding for players that they know they won't get
It is a charade to pacify the fans. In the end we will be told we have many champions and that teams wouldnt sell their players to us.
Jay Crisp
15-07-2009, 06:59
It is a charade to pacify the fans. In the end we will be told we have many champions and that teams wouldnt sell their players to us.
Im beginning to believe that over the Dzeko , Fabiano , Cissokho disaster's no club has that much bad luck unless they do it intentially if 100 million euro comes in and say 60 - 70 million for Pato next summer and then belu will sell up Im thinking thats a possibility I mean Silvio is 70 + dosn't care what anyone thinks of him as much as he has done for Milan , HE IS A SELF SERVING EGO MANIACAL SELFISH SON OF A B1TCH this is a fact he's clueless and out of touch.
ACMILAN1983
15-07-2009, 07:20
btw, milannews and TMW say apparently Sao Paulo are willing to sell Hernanes for 10m.
Im beginning to believe that over the Dzeko , Fabiano , Cissokho disaster's no club has that much bad luck unless they do it intentially if 100 million euro comes in and say 60 - 70 million for Pato next summer and then belu will sell up Im thinking thats a possibility I mean Silvio is 70 + dosn't care what anyone thinks of him as much as he has done for Milan , HE IS A SELF SERVING EGO MANIACAL SELFISH SON OF A B1TCH this is a fact he's clueless and out of touch.
How are the Dzeko or Fabiano situations either disasters or bad luck? Wolfsburg didn't want to sell Dzeko this summer because they're playing in the Champions League and believe (correctly) that they need him, but they signed him to an extension that allows him to move to Milan next summer for a 20 million euro buyout fee. The Fabiano negotiations are continuing. In fact, it's been reported that Silvio has agreed to go up to 17 million plus bonuses based on Milan's position in the standings. That seems like an offer that's getting very close to what Sevilla will accept if we're patient and don't panic. I realize fans are impatient and think everything should be done in a hurry, but if Milan can save a few million euros by spending time in negotiations, that's good business and the money can be put toward other players.
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 07:25
Maybe we can let thise kid get his debut when he is 16 years old,he can win us the CL and Scudetto hahaahahahah:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UUcvzbiDU&feature=related
Well i would never pay 30 mil!! for hernanes,they cannot be serious asking that money..melo was worth 25,diego 24 and hernanes has never played in europe he is 24 already,he is not a sterter for brasil(like melo who plays in his position as well)..hernanes price has to be lower than 20mil,thats my opinion of course..and i dont doubt his quality or "value" as a footballer by saying these..
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 07:31
30 million is crazy,although if we dont pay up some pessimistic people here are going to bash the MGT again for not getting the deal done,i think 20 million is a fair price for Hernanes,if they ask more then they are pushing it and they can piss off.
Maybe we can let thise kid get his debut when he is 16 years old,he can win us the CL and Scudetto hahaahahahah:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UUcvzbiDU&feature=related
Its funny, how he suddenly has a Real Madrid top on. These days, even 3 year olds know Milan are a selling club
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 07:53
Del Nido,the president of Sevilla has said that the offer that Milan made for Fabiano is a offer for a player of the reserves of Sevilla B and not worthy for Fabiano,he also said that Milan hasnt the money to buy Luis and that he is confident that he will stay with Sevilla for the next two years.
So thats great news.......its getting better and better.......BUT HERE IS THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!:
The Sau Paulo President said that if Milan would offer 10 million he would sell Hernanes instantly because he says Hernanes deserves such a transfer,he said that he let Ramires go for 7,5 million and that Hernanes should not cost much more.
Christian
15-07-2009, 07:54
It's good to hear that we keep getting linked with Hernanes, but am I the only one who thinks that he looks more like a Seedorf replacement than a Pirlo replacement? I don't know why everyone wants us to play with two 'DM's', not alot of clubs in Europe does that, and when we played the best football under Ancelotti we were playing with Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso in the middle.
I also don't see why it would be unrealistic to get Hernanes and keep Pirlo, in case anyone forgot, we've sold players for 80M euro's this season. The 30-40 M euro price tag is just something being thrown around because of the Banana comment, which the Sao Paolo official only said because of Berlusconi's comments after we bought Kaká (He said that the money spent on Kaká was peanuts or something). And if we were going to spent 40 M on a Pirlo replacement, then I hear that Fabregas is available for 40-45M euro's.
In any case, if we buy Hernanes, then we'll have to many midfielders, I really don't think Pirlo should go, because he's the only offensive minded player we can rely on now. In my opinion one of Ambrosini, Flamini or Gattuso would need to go, if possible, because Hernanes, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Flamini and Gattuso is just to many players in the same position.
Filipéz 182
15-07-2009, 07:57
Please, no Rossi.
Most overrated forward this year. Hands down.
He saved a poorly performing Italy in 1 game, and suddenly he's everyone's choice for savior but I've watched him for some time
and he's overall disappointing. That's what ManU dropped him and
why no top Italy team will move for him.
Well, I guess I'd trade Dida for him. I'd do anything to get rid of Dida.
I never judge a player over 1 game. I've seen many rossi games (parma-villareal-italy U21-Italy) becouse I always liked the kid and have been following his progress since his man utd days. And you may not agree, but IMO he is VERY talented!!!
Filipéz 182
15-07-2009, 08:00
Rossi is a gifted attacker,but he is not better other talents in Italy,he is indeed overrated,nobody here or on other forums were screaming for Milan to make a move for this player and also the press didnt pay attention to him,but suddenly after his goals against USA everybody went nuts and wanted Rossi in his team.That doesnt sound right.
then you werent a member before the USA game. becouse I and some others always wanted rossi to join. Judging a player on a confederations cup game is stupid.
Jay Crisp
15-07-2009, 08:03
How are the Dzeko or Fabiano situations either disasters or bad luck? Wolfsburg didn't want to sell Dzeko this summer because they're playing in the Champions League and believe (correctly) that they need him, but they signed him to an extension that allows him to move to Milan next summer for a 20 million euro buyout fee. The Fabiano negotiations are continuing. In fact, it's been reported that Silvio has agreed to go up to 17 million plus bonuses based on Milan's position in the standings. That seems like an offer that's getting very close to what Sevilla will accept if we're patient and don't panic. I realize fans are impatient and think everything should be done in a hurry, but if Milan can save a few million euros by spending time in negotiations, that's good business and the money can be put toward other players.
If they can save a few Million great but whats coming out of Seville is they will not sell him for less than the 25 millon buyout about 28 r 29 million euro we first offered 12 then 15 million euro and will up it to 17 thats still very short of what Seville want (which is very overpriced BTW) move on try for hunter but Galli promising a big name centre forward is laughable when a new keeper (Abs is only average ver prone to mistakes) and a lb + a quality centre back is what we need it is annoying and frustrating and im just airing my frustration as you guys are the only intelligent Milan conversation its possible to get in Ireland.
Filipéz 182
15-07-2009, 08:09
Del Nido,the president of Sevilla has said that the offer that Milan made for Fabiano is a offer for a player of the reserves of Sevilla B and not worthy for Fabiano,he also said that Milan hasnt the money to buy Luis and that he is confident that he will stay with Sevilla for the next two years.
So thats great news.......its getting better and better.......BUT HERE IS THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!:
The Sau Paulo President said that if Milan would offer 10 million he would sell Hernanes instantly because he says Hernanes deserves such a transfer,he said that he let Ramires go for 7,5 million and that Hernanes should not cost much more.
hernanes for 10m. I dont believe it :)
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 08:17
hernanes for 10m. I dont believe it :)Well thats what that guy from S.Paulo said,i dont think he acctually cost 10 million,i think he was joking but he meant that he wouldnt ask to much money to block a dream transfer for Hernanes to a club such at Milan,so its good news that they are willing to negotiate to a price that we can afford.At least i hope so.....:)
hernanes for 10m. I dont believe it :)
Me neither, first he said we don't have money to buy Hernanes and now he'll sell him for 10 million, it sounds very strange to me.
If they can save a few Million great but whats coming out of Seville is they will not sell him for less than the 25 millon buyout about 28 r 29 million euro we first offered 12 then 15 million euro and will up it to 17 thats still very short of what Seville want (which is very overpriced BTW) move on try for hunter but Galli promising a big name centre forward is laughable when a new keeper (Abs is only average ver prone to mistakes) and a lb + a quality centre back is what we need it is annoying and frustrating and im just airing my frustration as you guys are the only intelligent Milan conversation its possible to get in Ireland.
Well, what Sevilla wants and what they will probably end up accepting are two different things (Fabiano's agent has said all along they would accept 20). Milan and Sevilla are two clubs who are known for being tough in negotiations. I'm confident they'll come to an agreement before all is said and done because Fabiano has been adamant that he wants to make the move (something that helps Milan in the negotiations as they have no bidding competition).
And there's still plenty of time to add other players. We still have a month and a half to go in the mercato. I have doubts Milan will add another center back since they've already added two new ones and Nesta seems like he may be healthy, but I imagine a fullback and possibly a midfielder might be in the works.
hernanes for 10m. I dont believe it :)
It's a fair price for him as he's never played in Europe. And as was said, Ramires (who has been in better form) went to Benfica for 7 million. Hernanes has more potential, but I doubt Milan would go much beyond the 10. The stuff before about 30 was just nonsense.
Dutchie-Milan
15-07-2009, 09:21
Me neither, first he said we don't have money to buy Hernanes and now he'll sell him for 10 million, it sounds very strange to me.
Its not the same guy that has said that banana stuff about us,he was a board director and the man who is saying that he would let Hernanes go to us for 10 million is the President,so i could be true as he was quoted.
Now that i think about it,it should make sense,Ramires is already a international for Brazil and despite the fact that he is young he played allot at the Confederations Cup,and S.Paulo only sold him for 7.5 million to Benfica.....so why should Hernanes,who isnt a Brazil National Player and isnt as famous as Hernanes,should cost allot more then Ramires????
Its not the same guy that has said that banana stuff about us,he was a board director and the man who is saying that he would let Hernanes go to us for 10 million is the President,so i could be true as he was quoted.
Now that i think about it,it should make sense,Ramires is already a international for Brazil and despite the fact that he is young he played allot at the Confederations Cup,and S.Paulo only sold him for 7.5 million to Benfica.....so why should Hernanes,who isnt a Brazil National Player and isnt as famous as Hernanes,should cost allot more then Ramires????
Ah I thought it was the same man, so now it makes more sense to me, I really hope we bid for him:smileani:
That Bale rumour is old,he hasnt played that much for Tottenham and i dont know him.
Bale is a fantastic talent. He's only 19 and has already been a revelation for the Wales NT. His time with Spurs has been a bit spotty because he was out for an extended period with a ligament injury to his ankle, but he's a guy who has a lot of speed and can make plays from the left back position or can play the wing. He's tremendous on free kicks. Jose Mourinho has expressed an admiration for Bale on more than one occasion, even putting him at left back in a pre-season Premiership XI he did for one of the London papers last year. The Special One even said Bale could be better than Ashley Cole. And he's probably right.
The problem with Bale is that I don't think he would be ready to step in and make the left back position his own right away, at least not at Milan. He would be more one for the future, but if Milan bought him and brought him along slowly, he could be a great one. Unless, of course, the Gareth Bale Curse is transferable (it seems that Spurs have never won in his 24 Premier League games for Tottenham). :D
ACMILAN1983
15-07-2009, 09:59
It's good to hear that we keep getting linked with Hernanes, but am I the only one who thinks that he looks more like a Seedorf replacement than a Pirlo replacement? I don't know why everyone wants us to play with two 'DM's', not alot of clubs in Europe does that, and when we played the best football under Ancelotti we were playing with Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso in the middle.
I also don't see why it would be unrealistic to get Hernanes and keep Pirlo, in case anyone forgot, we've sold players for 80M euro's this season. The 30-40 M euro price tag is just something being thrown around because of the Banana comment, which the Sao Paolo official only said because of Berlusconi's comments after we bought Kaká (He said that the money spent on Kaká was peanuts or something). And if we were going to spent 40 M on a Pirlo replacement, then I hear that Fabregas is available for 40-45M euro's.
In any case, if we buy Hernanes, then we'll have to many midfielders, I really don't think Pirlo should go, because he's the only offensive minded player we can rely on now. In my opinion one of Ambrosini, Flamini or Gattuso would need to go, if possible, because Hernanes, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Flamini and Gattuso is just to many players in the same position.
Hernanes is different in style to both Seedorf and Pirlo, in that his game is a mix of both. Let's also not forget Seedorf has played Pirlo's role in the past season, and did it quite well, so it's not too surprising Hernanes reminds people of Seedorf but is tooted as a Pirlo replacement. He positionally plays in the same areas, but his interpretation of the role is different. Let's also not forget he's versatile and so can play a multitude of midfield roles.
I agree I don't want Pirlo to go even if Hernanes comes (both can fit), but I think many (press and fans) go off Berlu's salary comments regarding Pirlo and the endless rumours.
then you werent a member before the USA game. becouse I and some others always wanted rossi to join. Judging a player on a confederations cup game is stupid.
Yet it seems to me that's been the case for many and Onyewu. ;)
Brasileiro
15-07-2009, 10:18
Its not the same guy that has said that banana stuff about us,he was a board director and the man who is saying that he would let Hernanes go to us for 10 million is the President,so i could be true as he was quoted.
Now that i think about it,it should make sense,Ramires is already a international for Brazil and despite the fact that he is young he played allot at the Confederations Cup,and S.Paulo only sold him for 7.5 million to Benfica.....so why should Hernanes,who isnt a Brazil National Player and isnt as famous as Hernanes,should cost allot more then Ramires????
Actually Dutchie there are more factors...
Hernanes isn´t a internatonal because for some reason Dunga didn´t rate him. He was chose the best here last season and the entire Brazil wanted him in our NT. What Dunga did? Didn´t call the guy...
One more thing to put in mind is: Cruzeiro(Ramires team) always sell their best players very cheap. There´s no way that a player like Ramires should be sold for 7.5 millions...with a global crises or not. São Paulo on the other hand, is a club that didn´t have this culture...they don´t sell easy or cheap. Last year they turned dow 15 millions of Barcelona for Hernanes, and only a few clubs(can only remeber of 3) will turn down a 15M offer in Brazil.
Said that, Hernanes, since didn´got called for Dunga is in a poor form. The guy need a change of air and it´s time for him to go to Europe. I don´t know were these 30million started, but I can guarantee this number is a big joke. Also, São Paulo team know that the time to sell Hernanes is now(last year they would got more), and they know this year his values goes down. Knowing our club, I can to see what we offered early(5 million) and can understand S. Paulo director reaction.
But as I said in another post, São Paulo coach is already working in a formation without Hernanes, and only if will screw the negotiation(anoher cheap offer) the player will not be ours.
So, just to finish, Ramires price isn´t a real factor here, because Cruzeiro isn´t know as a club that know how to sell their players. Last year Hernanes was worth between 15-20 millions(São Paulo asked for 25). This year, 10 to 15 millions imo is more realistic...but since the guy is in a poor form, I can see São Paulo accepting a 10 or 12 million bid easily.
Jay Crisp
15-07-2009, 10:22
Sevilla President Jose Maria Del Nido was ‘insulted’ by Milan’s offer for Luis Fabiano and claims the club has “no money.”
The Rossoneri saw their offer of £12.5m for the Brazilian hitman rejected on Tuesday evening, as the price-tag is £18m.
“The negotiations are complex, but Milan have made no formal offer. We are the owners of the players’ contract,” said President Del Nido.
“Milan have no money to swoop for Luis Fabiano. The first offer we received from them was worthy only of a reserve player. It was insulting.
“Luis renewed his contract with us and I really think he will remain in Seville for the next two years.”
The San Siro giants pocketed £56m from Kaka’s sale to Real Madrid, but are yet to truly reinvest any of it.
Their only signings of the summer so far have been free transfers, such as Oguchi Onyewu from Standard Liege, and players returning from loan spells.
Luis Fabiano has begged to join Milan, but the two clubs are yet to agree a fee, as the Italians appear to be haggling over the price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luis Fabiano: Hurry up, Milan!
Luis Fabiano’s agent has warned Milan they need to fly to Seville and offer the £18m needed to end the transfer saga. More
Channel4.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is anyone else embarassed a bit this is the fourth team that has said they have been insulted by Milan MGTS offers I know some of this is because they want more money , but Wolsburg said our offer was a joke , Porto knew it was an awfull cheating tactic to get Aly at a cheaper price , Sao Paulo President said how much is a crate of Bananas worth cause thats all we have for Hernanes , and now Seville .
I know I go through glass half full/glass half empty moods , but its getting embarassing and will not be good for future business.
MiamiMilanista
15-07-2009, 10:33
Is anyone else embarassed a bit this is the fourth team that has said they have been insulted by Milan MGTS offers I know some of this is because they want more money , but Wolsburg said our offer was a joke , Porto knew it was an awfull cheating tactic to get Aly at a cheaper price , Sao Paulo President said how much is a crate of Bananas worth cause thats all we have for Hernanes , and now Seville .
I know I go through glass half full/glass half empty moods , but its getting embarassing and will not be good for future business.
I'm sorry to say, but I agree with you. I know the market is young, but for f***'s sake, come on already.
BTW, some salt for the wound, tuttomercato has said that Napoli has smacked a 6m price tag on Santacroce who is waiting for Juve's call. This is sad in three ways. (1) Cheap price for a good player (2) A young, Italian talent that is probably going to rot on the bench behind Chiellini, Canna, and maybe even Legrottaglie (remember, he had a decent year last year) (3) We probably have NO chance whatsoever since I believe Milan do not have a good relationship with De Laurentis.
I dont know if I believe the price tag, but just to even see it, it's sad.
Oh yee with little faith....
MGT knows best........
at least we have more books...hmmmm I mean class, than Inter
..........let's wait until August 31st.
..............believe in the MGT............
:p283:
Leonardo has passed the exam of the course professional Uefa coaches of the 2nd category. The calendar of the exams, with the exams of all the participants, will be completed next Friday. (Ansa)
Leo my son, I'm so proud of you.:grinser:
So does anyone know how many categories are there in these coaching licences?
Now that I've seen our latest transfer news, I really think they assigned Leo as a coach in order to save on salary of a worldclass coach. :(
Brasileiro
15-07-2009, 11:26
I'm sorry to say, but I agree with you. I know the market is young, but for f***'s sake, come on already.
BTW, some salt for the wound, tuttomercato has said that Napoli has smacked a 6m price tag on Santacroce who is waiting for Juve's call. This is sad in three ways. (1) Cheap price for a good player (2) A young, Italian talent that is probably going to rot on the bench behind Chiellini, Canna, and maybe even Legrottaglie (remember, he had a decent year last year) (3) We probably have NO chance whatsoever since I believe Milan do not have a good relationship with De Laurentis.
I dont know if I believe the price tag, but just to even see it, it's sad.
+ 1
There´s a thin line between play hard ball and to be cheap. This send a wrong msg around the world of football. We have a great history, but in the near future players will think twice before come to Milan(what is a crazy thing to imagine today).
We need to win now(what will be hard with the squads Juve and Inter are building), and we also need to not embarass ourselves in the market like we are doing this year...
Don´t get me wrong, I don´t want Milan to have a reputation of overpay like Real Madrid, but 3 teams calling Milan out for the same reason(insulting bids) are to much...and look, I´m of the ones that always supports our managment.
Man, last year São Paulo didn´t accept Barcelona bid for Hernanes, but never called them cheap. For them, 15 millons wasn´t enough, but also wasn´t insulting...
Now, Hernanes values goes down and we manage to be called cheap? Wow:v46:
EDIT:Btw, can´t believe Napoli will sell for only 6 millon...the hype on this Brazilian-Italian(yep, he born in Brazil, near of my city) is too huge to believe on this notice.
Arildonardo
15-07-2009, 11:42
I'm sorry to say, but I agree with you. I know the market is young, but for f***'s sake, come on already.
BTW, some salt for the wound, tuttomercato has said that Napoli has smacked a 6m price tag on Santacroce who is waiting for Juve's call. This is sad in three ways. (1) Cheap price for a good player (2) A young, Italian talent that is probably going to rot on the bench behind Chiellini, Canna, and maybe even Legrottaglie (remember, he had a decent year last year) (3) We probably have NO chance whatsoever since I believe Milan do not have a good relationship with De Laurentis.
I dont know if I believe the price tag, but just to even see it, it's sad.
So your're saying Santacroce is not better than Cannavaro or Legrottaglie? Well, if that's true then I don't see any reason for him to come to Milan. Maybe in exhange for someone like Favalli...
MiamiMilanista
15-07-2009, 11:46
So your're saying Santacroce is not better than Cannavaro or Legrottaglie? Well, if that's true then I don't see any reason for him to come to Milan. Maybe in exhange for someone like Favalli...
I'm not saying he is better or not. But based on Ferrara's CHOICE to bring Canna back to Juve, he is going into week 1 with Cannavaro and Chiellini as starters.
As you may already know as well, the Italian national team is very political. Ferrara was Lippi's assistant. Dont you think Lippi is in his ear knowing that Canna-Chiellini is most likely our pairing in the back for WC 2010??
I'm not saying who is better or not, but each team has its politics behind everything. If we signed Mexes and based on pre-season performance the order would be (1)Mexes (2) Thiago Silva (3) Nesta, you could bet your house in Week 1 Mexes and Nesta would start because everyone wants Nesta back.
I may be off-base here, but trust me, following Italian football for 25 years now, these things end up being the truth and IT IS VERY SAD
MiamiMilanista
15-07-2009, 11:48
56th minute: Juventus 1 Cisco Roma 1
:)
56th minute: Juventus 1 Cisco Roma 1
:)
A direct proof of how boring our mercato so far :respect:
Is anyone else embarassed a bit this is the fourth team that has said they have been insulted by Milan MGTS offers I know some of this is because they want more money , but Wolsburg said our offer was a joke , Porto knew it was an awfull cheating tactic to get Aly at a cheaper price , Sao Paulo President said how much is a crate of Bananas worth cause thats all we have for Hernanes , and now Seville .
I know I go through glass half full/glass half empty moods , but its getting embarassing and will not be good for future business.
Sevilla only wants big money for Fabiano. There is no player from team B costs more than 5 mil euros. :)
Sao Paolo official who talked about Bananas :D just showed how he doesn't know anything about european football. Maybe he thinks Sao Paolo is bigger than AC Milan. I do question his capability as an official from a famous club like Sao Paolo.
What agent said only point out that the player really wants to play for Milan and the agent only wants the easiest way : Milan pay big money to Sevilla, Fabiano goes to Milan and the agent get money from the transfer and can relax.
Lebanese
15-07-2009, 12:17
Now that I've seen our latest transfer news, I really think they assigned Leo as a coach in order to save on salary of a worldclass coach. :(
i thought you left for chelsea man, oh i almost forgot we still got seedorf and kala
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 12:23
I don't think we can underestimate how severely our image is being dragged through the mud. Players, managers, clubs, officials etc. really see us as a club who are cheap, poor and on the decline. Add to that Berlusconi's latest activities, and it is shameful.
EDIT:Btw, can´t believe Napoli will sell for only 6 millon...the hype on this Brazilian-Italian(yep, he born in Brazil, near of my city) is too huge to believe on this notice.
I'm surprised you say this despite the guy owning us whenever we played Napoli. We needed him sent off before we could do anything in terms of offense. I clearly remember Dinho really struggling to get past him. I won't say that I watched him play week in week out, but in matches against the big teams of Italy, he always did well.
Galliani signs Cissokho coz Leo asked, Silvio says NO. We lie and make complete clowns out of ourselves ( well, them not me! ).
Managers of other teams are moking our bids saying we cant pay for players.
We sold two players with a value of 80mln, didnt bring noone and MGT claims we are no 1 in Italy?
Its all sad and its just a start of what I said when I realised Berlsuconi will no longer keep Milan a live. Money needs to be taken out before eventually Milan is sold.
about santacroce, you can remember that Pato said Santa is the best Cb he played against in serie a.
MiamiMilanista
15-07-2009, 12:55
Inter's Maxwell about to sign with Barca for about 3.7m ( I got the # from tuttomercato)
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/07/15/1384485/breaking-news-maxwell-very-close-to-signing-for-barcelona
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 12:56
There is one way out I think. If this team is humiliated completely next year it may be a good thing in the long run (as much as it would hurt in the short). Maybe, just maybe, Berlusconi will leave then or invest.
MiamiMilanista
15-07-2009, 12:58
There is one way out I think. If this team is humiliated completely next year it may be a good thing in the long run (as much as it would hurt in the short). Maybe, just maybe, Berlusconi will leave then or invest.
I thought the same thing when we were dumped out of the CL last year. I guess it didnt set in :dontkn:
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 12:59
I thought the same thing when we were dumped out of the CL last year. I guess it didnt set in :dontkn:
Actually in a way it did, but it was short-lived.
I am talking about utter humiliation, like being dismantled in the Champions League and finishing 8th in Serie A or something like that.
Guys, I know that because you're so focused on Milan's transfer dealings that it seems as though Milan is the only club anyone complains about when it comes to low bids, etc., but that just isn't the case by any stretch of the imagination. Remember last year when Liverpool was trying (unsuccessfully) to buy Gareth Barry? And this has especially been the case this summer as teams look for big transfer fees in the wake of Madrid's spending spree, but don't want to pay big money themselves. Here's what the Udinese owner said about Juventus only a couple of weeks ago regarding Juve's pursuit of D'Agostino:
Pozzo was unimpressed by the offer made by Juve.
"I am perplexed by the low value set by Juventus executives for the player,'' he said. "The difference between the asking price and the offer is huge. I have the impression that Juve have not thought about the real value of our midfielder.''
And think about all the stories that were in the papers when Inter offered just 6 million pounds for both Carvalho and Deco, which was half what Chelsea was asking. In England, the papers are always full of stories about lowball bids and comments from one club tweaking another.
Hell, even Real Madrid isn't immune to criticism when it comes to bids being considered too low! Consider this headline from Liverpool regarding Madrid's initial offer for Alonso:
Liverpool laugh off Real’s low offers
Liverpool have rejected two offers for players from Real Madrid in the last week, with the La Liga outfit undervaluing the players completely.
It is understood that the Reds have turned down an offer in the region of £20million for midfielder Xabi Alonso and a £4million bid for full-back Alvaro Arbeloa.
Reports today suggest that Real Madrid are giving Rafa Benitez a 2 week deadline to accept an improved bid for Alonso, though it is thought the Reds won’t accept anything less than £35million for the Spanish international.
So I wouldn't worry too much about what anybody says. The vast majority of people aren't paying any attention to what's going on and most fans of other clubs aren't focused on Milan anymore than the average poster here might be focused on Arsenal or Liverpool. Once Milan signs Fabiano or whoever, nobody will remember. And certainly once the season begins nobody is going to give it a second thought.
And keep in mind that the transfer market has been slow for almost everyone. Can anyone tell me who Barcelona has signed? And aside from Manchester City, there's been very little in the way of player aquisitions among the top 7 or 8 clubs in England. Some haven't even made a signing yet, while Manchester United has said their transfer market is closed after bringing in Valencia from Wigan and Owen on a free from Newcastle (to replace Ronaldo and Tevez!). Zhirkov is the only player Chelsea has signed who is likely to see much time with the senior team this year. Liverpool overpaid for Glen Johnson and that's it. Arsenal signed a center back. And Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are all currently fighting to hold onto some of their top players.
Actually in a way it did, but it was short-lived.
I am talking about utter humiliation, like being dismantled in the Champions League and finishing 8th in Serie A or something like that.
I dont think its going to make any difference anymore. I think Berlusconi wants to sell the main assets i.e. Pirlo, Pato and when/if Ronnie has a blinder him too. Then we will see him ride off into the sunset selling to the highest bidder.
Yeap.....because if Milan keeps running 3rd or 4th each year, nothing will change. MGT will always have some sort of an excuse......"if we were in England, we'd finish 2nd instead of 3rd"
well yeah, but you still didn't win anything :stupid:
:pchate:
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 13:14
Come on Rick this is different. Juve and Real have both had excellent markets. We haven't even spent a penny!
It's very sad.
Leonardo has passed the exam of the course professional Uefa coaches of the 2nd category. The calendar of the exams, with the exams of all the participants, will be completed next Friday. (Ansa)
Leo my son, I'm so proud of you.:grinser:
So does anyone know how many categories are there in these coaching licences?
There is one more category to go to be registered as a coach in Serie A, but because Leo has played in a WC he doesn't have to sit this exam till next season.
At the moment Leo has the same licence as me.:dstup:
MiamiMilanista
15-07-2009, 13:24
Like I posted a few days ago, I dont know the validity of Milannews.it, but I think they are scrambling for life. Here is everything they have tipped Milan to today:
Patrice Evra: http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=9309
Gareth Bale: http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=9304
D'Ago: http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=9306
Eto'o: http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=9291
Hernanes for 10m: http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=9251
Here is one from sportmediaset.it
Adriano interested in coming in the future: http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/articolo25116.shtml
It's all very tiring
Arildonardo
15-07-2009, 13:36
Come on Rick this is different. Juve and Real have both had excellent markets. We haven't even spent a penny!
It's very sad.
Spending all the money in the world does not necessarily equal an excellent market. Who knows, maybe we can find the next Kaká...
Come on Rick this is different. Juve and Real have both had excellent markets. We haven't even spent a penny!
It's very sad.
But there's still a month and a half to go. Milan could sign as many players as they want between now and then.
And it's not true that Milan hasn't spent a penny. They paid 2.2 million euros for Abate. They outbid Genoa in a blind auction for Di Gennaro. Onyewu came for free, but surely Milan must have spent something to sign him to a contract. And Milan brought in Zigoni, Berretta and some other players for the primavera.
In fact, Milan has spent more than Barcelona so far because Barcelona hasn't signed anyone (although, like Milan, they're linked to a number of players). I'm sure you're thinking "but Barcelona won the Champions League!" True. But Barcelona has been sitting there watching their biggest rival sign players such as Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. Yet, Barca is being patient. They're not making panic buys just to "avoid embarrassment."
johncharles365
15-07-2009, 13:40
Milan news it has a obligation to report all the rumours no matter how absurd the rumours are. Most of the sports news website tend to be wrong except sky sports who are mostly accurate, except when reporting on EPL teams buying players from aboard than skysports is just as tiring as the other sports news sites. I can't see Milan buying Fred or Eto or Bale and Evra the author must be smoking crack. I don't believe any story at the moment that Milan is going to buy 25 million euro player when the club is so intent on only spending 17 million euro at the most on any player.
Filipéz 182
15-07-2009, 13:46
But there's still a month and a half to go. Milan could sign as many players as they want between now and then.
And it's not true that Milan hasn't spent a penny. They paid 2.2 million euros for Abate. They outbid Genoa in a blind auction for Di Gennaro. Onyewu came for free, but surely Milan must have spent something to sign him to a contract. And Milan brought in Zigoni, Berretta and some other players for the primavera.
In fact, Milan has spent more than Barcelona so far because Barcelona hasn't signed anyone (although, like Milan, they're linked to a number of players). I'm sure you're thinking "but Barcelona won the Champions League!" True. But Barcelona has been sitting there watching their biggest rival sign players such as Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. Yet, Barca is being patient. They're not making panic buys just to "avoid embarrassment."
But the big difference here is that barca didnt sold their best player!!
+ Barca's team is full of players who are at a good age and are in their prime. while our squad is full of dead wood and we REALLY need some decent signings. while barca at this point are capable of winning the CL and la liga again with this squad they have
HO-YOUNG
15-07-2009, 13:52
But there's still a month and a half to go. Milan could sign as many players as they want between now and then.
And it's not true that Milan hasn't spent a penny. They paid 2.2 million euros for Abate. They outbid Genoa in a blind auction for Di Gennaro. Onyewu came for free, but surely Milan must have spent something to sign him to a contract. And Milan brought in Zigoni, Berretta and some other players for the primavera.
In fact, Milan has spent more than Barcelona so far because Barcelona hasn't signed anyone (although, like Milan, they're linked to a number of players). I'm sure you're thinking "but Barcelona won the Champions League!" True. But Barcelona has been sitting there watching their biggest rival sign players such as Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. Yet, Barca is being patient. They're not making panic buys just to "avoid embarrassment."
We have a month and a half to get the "whats left" of the market... players thay our major competitors dont want... mid table scrapers... how ever they will just fit in well with the others we have already...
Barca is 4 years ahead of madrid... they dont need to sign anyone... unlike milan who NEED to sign atleast 5 young good quality players and get rid of Seedorf, favali and co.
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 13:53
But there's still a month and a half to go. Milan could sign as many players as they want between now and then.
And it's not true that Milan hasn't spent a penny. They paid 2.2 million euros for Abate. They outbid Genoa in a blind auction for Di Gennaro. Onyewu came for free, but surely Milan must have spent something to sign him to a contract. And Milan brought in Zigoni, Berretta and some other players for the primavera.
In fact, Milan has spent more than Barcelona so far because Barcelona hasn't signed anyone (although, like Milan, they're linked to a number of players). I'm sure you're thinking "but Barcelona won the Champions League!" True. But Barcelona has been sitting there watching their biggest rival sign players such as Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. Yet, Barca is being patient. They're not making panic buys just to "avoid embarrassment."
My friend, desperate times call for desperate measures...
Barcelona are being cagey because they need one or two players to make their team perfect.
They didn't just lose their Kaka' (Messi) after another far from spectacular season. It's not that Milan aren't buying that is the only problem, but their negotiation tactics are really giving the club a bad name.
In other news...Cissokho is moments away from signing for Lyon (tuttomercato)
Barcelona didn't sign anyone........:p155:
well, unlike some that only rule the transfer market, Barca rules in playing football, so they need not to pay any attention to the almighty transfer market (well maybe just "some" Villa guy.....)
...oh and i forgot to mention....their squad is full of champions (except Villa)
Sevilla only wants big money for Fabiano. There is no player from team B costs more than 5 mil euros. :)
Sao Paolo official who talked about Bananas :D just showed how he doesn't know anything about european football. Maybe he thinks Sao Paolo is bigger than AC Milan. I do question his capability as an official from a famous club like Sao Paolo.
What agent said only point out that the player really wants to play for Milan and the agent only wants the easiest way : Milan pay big money to Sevilla, Fabiano goes to Milan and the agent get money from the transfer and can relax.
agree. Apart from the mysterious Cissokho's deal, I don't find our offers abnormal. 18M for 29 year old Fabiano? It's about the amount we paid for Gilardino, a 23 year old striker, and probably the best young striker at that time (top 5 Serie A definitely). And 12M is absolutely not a small amount, if they want reserve player for 12M I am happily sell Favalli + Seedorf + Dida + Kalac just for 12M:grinser: 30M for Hernanes:eekani:. Just 2 questions how many people knew his name last year and how many matches he played for Brazil National Team:eekani: Then how should we call 35M bid from England for Pato?
PS: I am very happy that we did not buy Fabiano:D. I don't like his shape (I mean the stance when he plays, it's just not my style).
So far in the transfer, I am only disappointed by Kaka's transfer (I want 100M from Man City:grinser:)
I wish people would stop comparing us to Barcelona evertime they want to make excuses or try and convince them selves we are doing well.
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 14:34
Lyon Close In On Porto's Aly Cissokho - Marino Faccioli
The French club's sporting director is confident they will be able to agree to the Dragons' demands for the left-back.
15 Jul 2009 19:40:47
Aly Cissokho - Porto (PA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Aly Cissokho - Porto (PA)
Related Links
Teams
* O. Lyon
* Porto
Players
* Cissokho
Aly Cissokho was close to joining AC Milan earlier in the summer, but his €15 million move to the San Siro collapsed after a medical revealed a dental problem.
Although Porto are interested in keeping Cissokho, whom they signed from Vitoria de Setubal for just €300,000, they have refused to rule out the possibility of accepting a new offer for the Frenchman.
And Marino Faccioli, Lyon's sporting director, has now indicated that Porto are asking for €15 million to let go of Cissokho.
"We are waiting for the answer from FC Porto," he told RMC. "When we were in Portugal last week, president Pinto da Costa demanded a higher fee and we have met that figure.
"Porto are still undecided because they may miss the player.
"Pinto da Costa said that if a club offered €15 million they would take the player. The logical thing is that the president will not go against his word."
goal.com
Thank you Galliani and Berlusconi! :5dito:
Filipéz 182
15-07-2009, 14:57
I believe cissokho will rock at lyon and in a few years he is worth double the amount lyon will pay now. a real shame!!
HO-YOUNG
15-07-2009, 14:58
Despite what Milan have done in the past to rescue a desperate Mercato, i am beggining to feel that those incharge are not able or willing to acquire the relevant players needed to improve our squad... they think it is ok for milan to go another season without a MAJOR trophy... but who are us to do anything about it... Milan is the PM own for him to do what he wants without any regards to us fans... i wish we were one of those clubs where we can vote out the president...
at times it is very saddening when you look at our squad and only two players (Pato & Pirlo) are (rumored) wanted only by another club (Chelsea) because of their former coach. Just look at it... we keep our players here so long that their resale value is ZERO... now because they fail to forecast we end up with a lot of useless worthless players that can only drain our accounts withhigh wages for doing NOTHING. It is hard to believe that we cannot afford to buy Fabiano for what he is worth... not many other good AVAILABLE reliable srtikers out there... Fabiano is problably the best of the bunch... we dont even have a player that we could offer as a party of the deal!!!
HOPE and pray is all we here can do... for our beloved Milan.
johncharles365
15-07-2009, 15:14
there are no guarantees that Cissokho will exponentially increase in talent a injury or a family tragedy could vastly hinder his development. I agree he is a classy player but so is Criscito and Motta, Milan would benefit vastly from the talents of the two young Italian sb. As for Fabiano I think he is worth 20 million euros the goals and the other competences he would bring to Milan would be considerably useful in our objective for a top 4 finish. I can see much of a long term future for Fabiano at Milan in 5 years time he will be another montella or cruz quality players but really too old for elite serie a teams.
Although i do hope Cissokho does extremely well for porto or lyon it would be a clear sign to berlusconi and galliani that they are absolutely wrong about Milan approach to the transfer market. It seems for every talented player Milan obtains 2 useless players join the team. example Flamini- senderos and shevchenko year before Pato- ronaldo and emerson
In a way we seem to be bankrupt, due to the tremendous salaries Milan pays for Dida, Seedorf, Ambro and so on, fantasy salaries from old contracts. I mean, if Milan would have the ability to sign the players they want, they would do so, especialy after they need to find a replacement for Kaka.
If possible Milan needs to "divide" (is it the appropriate word in english?) itself from all the old players with old contracts and should begin to rebuild like Juventus did with younger and cheaper players.
I think, this is the condition to rule the mercato in future times again, for now i'm quite pessimistic as we dont have signed one single reinforcement.
:googly:
But the big difference here is that barca didnt sold their best player!!
+ Barca's team is full of players who are at a good age and are in their prime. while our squad is full of dead wood and we REALLY need some decent signings. while barca at this point are capable of winning the CL and la liga again with this squad they have
So it's all about Kaka then?
And who is this dead wood you're talking about? Of the players who are actually likely to play significant roles for Milan, who is it that you think is incapable of contributing? And it's not like all the Barcelona players are all 25 and under, you know. Henry will soon be 32. Puyol is 31. Abidal will soon be 30. Marquez is already 30. Some other key Barcelona players are in their late 20s. Did you know that Xavi is actually older than Ronaldinho?
I do agree that Barcelona is capable of winning the Champions League and La Liga again with the squad they have, but I also think Milan is capable of winning Serie A with the squad they have (as Milan has no Real Madrid to deal with, only fairly mediocre Inter and Juventus).
We have a month and a half to get the "whats left" of the market... players thay our major competitors dont want... mid table scrapers... how ever they will just fit in well with the others we have already...
Barca is 4 years ahead of madrid... they dont need to sign anyone... unlike milan who NEED to sign atleast 5 young good quality players and get rid of Seedorf, favali and co.
You don't think Seedorf can still help the team as a reserve and spot starter?
And just because a player is transfered late, it doesn't mean they're "table scraps." That's ridiculous. Was Nesta a table scrap? Was Pato a table scrap? On the final day last year both Robinho and Berbatov changed clubs. Wayne Rooney was a deadline day deal several years ago. Quaresma (not a success, but a big name) was a deadline day deal for Inter last year. Milito was a deadline day deal for Genoa. Baptista moved in mid-August. Madrid signed Rafael van der Vaart in August. The list goes on and on.
My friend, desperate times call for desperate measures...
Barcelona are being cagey because they need one or two players to make their team perfect.
They didn't just lose their Kaka' (Messi) after another far from spectacular season. It's not that Milan aren't buying that is the only problem, but their negotiation tactics are really giving the club a bad name.
But why do you consider these times desperate? Milan moved up the Serie A standings from 5th to a tie for 2nd last season, despite a huge rash of injuries that hobbled Kaka, Pirlo and others while knocking out Nesta, Borriello and Gattuso for the long term. Yes, Kaka is gone. But Milan has never been about any one player. Milan is about team. Nesta, Borriello and Gattuso seem healthy again. Thiago Silva has been added to the back line (as well as Onyewu, regardless of how skeptical some of you might be about him since he's American, but he does bring some qualities that Milan needed). Ronaldinho is healthy and ready to take up a lot of the slack that was left with Kaka's departure. And there's still a month and a half to go in the transfer market. So why does Milan need to panic?
And no, Barcelona didn't lose Messi. But they did watch their greatest rivals add Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. Sure, Barcelona is the defending champion of La Liga and the Champions League, but can they really feel secure considering the fact that the previous two seasons they had won absolutely nothing? Yet, they refuse to panic and throw money around indescriminately.
Barcelona didn't sign anyone........:p155:
well, unlike some that only rule the transfer market, Barca rules in playing football, so they need not to pay any attention to the almighty transfer market (well maybe just some Villa guy, I don't know)
...oh and i forgot to mention....their squad is full of champions (except Villa)
Well, Barcelona's fans -- at least those on one Barcelona forum -- would beg to disagree with you. Many are very frustrated at the club's lack of action in the transfer market and what the Barca fans perceive to be an inability to respond to Real Madrid's aggressive moves. I was spending some time browsing a Barcelona forum and while their fans may not be quite in the full blown panic mode that many of the posters here seem to have reached, they're still pretty vocal about their frustrations. I saw Laporta called a bull****ter and a stingy bastard. And here's a post by a fan of another club and response by a reasonable Barcelona fan that I think indicates the frustration of the posters at the Barca forum:
Quote:Originally Posted by blueduck
Fook me, there really are some gloomy cules on here.
You've just won the treble
Have a fantastic young manager
You have two of the best young players on the planet
Worlds best academy
A huge fan base
One of the best best stadiums in the world
You could also be swapping Eto'o for David Villa, who is better imo.
If us City fans were as miserable as you lot, we would of hung ourselves years ago.
Originally posted by Warik:
You get used to it. 30+ years of support and there has always been an air of pessimism from fans of the club. Though when you go to Barna and talk to most other cules there they don't care about the (lack of) movement in the club right now. I think theres a line between healthy pessimism and some of the 'i might as well kill myself now because we haven't signed David Villa' sort of pessimism that is expressed here.
I think that's pretty much the case here as well. I doubt the average Milan fan on the street is ready to hang him/herself because the club hasn't wrapped up the transfer season by mid-July. But the transfer sections of fan forums will naturally attract a pretty fair amount of the more impatient among us.
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 15:49
I actually think Onyewu is a good player.
Rick, Milan does not need to panic, but they need to start integrating players soon. They have a new coach who needs all the help he can get. Buying players at the end of August will not help Leo.
I have a feeling, and I may be wrong, if we didn't buy anyone this summer, you would be content. Leaving aside your natural disposition in life (which seems very optimistic), from a footballing perspective, do you think not bringing in, say, a striker would leave us with a competitive side? By competitive I mean able to challenge for the Scudetto. I think, yes, but only if we stay injury free. If Nesta or Pato are hurt then...
I actually think Onyewu is a good player.
Rick, Milan does not need to panic, but they need to start integrating players soon. They have a new coach who needs all the help he can get. Buying players at the end of August will not help Leo.
Well sure, it will be good if Milan can sign a couple of players in the next couple of weeks. By the end of July will be plenty of time to have them ready for the start of the season. But even if players come at the transfer deadline, they'll still be helpful for most of the season.
I have a feeling, and I may be wrong, if we didn't buy anyone this summer, you would be content. Leaving aside your natural disposition in life (which seems very optimistic), from a footballing perspective, do you think not bringing in, say, a striker would leave us with a competitive side? By competitive I mean able to challenge for the Scudetto. I think, yes, but only if we stay injury free. If Nesta or Pato are hurt then...
I'd be disappointed if Milan didn't bring in another player or two because the squad does have some thin spots. I just don't think it's vital that it has to be done right now. The squad will be fine for the early games. It's only later when players get fatigued or injured that it might hurt to have to rely on some of the more untested players. But I do have confidence in players like Abate, Antonini, etc., to step up and play well for short periods if they have to, so it would not be the end of the world if Milan didn't sign anyone else. I still think Milan is a top 3 team with the current squad. But I would like to see some reinforcements before the deadline to give us more of a chance at challenging for the Scudetto. I think a lot of the pessimism stems from the perception a lot of Milan fans (at least the ones here) seem to have that everyone is laughing at us (which isn't the case at all). But looking at the cold, hard facts, this Milan squad has a lot of quality and should be better than anyone in Serie A aside from maybe Inter and Juventus.
Anyway, I just found this:
Ex-Inter Striker Adriano Could Join AC Milan - Agent
After revealing he is planning a return to Italy, Adriano's agent today said the player may even opt to join Milan, arch-rivals of his previous club Inter...
15 Jul 2009 20:33:30
Yesterday Adriano's agent Gilmar Rinaldi revealed there is a plausible chance that the former Inter striker will return to Italy after his stint in Brazil with Flamengo. Today Rinaldi got more specific about what club the Brazilian could be joining.
"He is doing well, but he could return to Italy," he reiterated to Telelombardia. "There are also some options in Spain and I think he's considering it. When he was at Inter, there was talk he could join Milan, he could go there in the future."
In the past it was said that Adriano would feel much more at home at Milan than at Inter, as the Rossoneri have many Brazilians in their team, while the Nerazzurri have always had a strong Argentinean contingent over the last few years.
The most recent high-profile case of an Inter player directly joining Milan was striker Christian Vieri, who left the Nerazzurri for their cross-town rivals in 2005, but he was unable to reproduce his form with Inter for the Rossoneri.
Danilo Pochini, Goal.com
I wish people would stop comparing us to Barcelona evertime they want to make excuses or try and convince them selves we are doing well.
People try to find any thing that are similar but they don't compare the quality of Barcelona and Milan right now. :mute:
HO-YOUNG
15-07-2009, 16:04
Barca signed maxwell from inter for 4.5 euros!!!!
Well, we are linked to D'Agostino on tuttomercatoweb and milannews. It is because rumors of Pirlo's departure keep gaining momentum. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't want Pirlo to leave, as a matter of fact I think it's essential that he stays with us....however it's a crazy summer and if he does leave, D'Agostino would be my number ONE choice to fill in the void. I haven't seen Hernanes enough to comment on him. I have only seen 2 full games of him playing so I can't possibly evaluate him. But I saw many D'Agostino games and he definately was one of the best midfielders in Italy this past season.
Anyhow, it'll be interesting to see what happens.
People try to find any thing that are similar but they don't compare the quality of Barcelona and Milan right now. :mute:
It's not a matter of comparing the quality between Barcelona and Milan. That's completely irrelevant. It's a matter of comparing the relative inactivity in the transfer market. Barcelona may have better players, but Milan doesn't have Inter or Juve throwing hundreds of millions of euros around to buy Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, etc. Remember, while Barcelona is coming off a spectacular season, they had that season on the heels of two straight years with no trophies whatsoever. So they can't be feeling totally secure when they see Real Madrid buying some of the biggest players in the world. Yet, Barcelona (like Milan) is not going to panic just because a bunch of fans on a message board think the world is coming to an end. After all, Milan might not quite have Barcelona's roster at the moment, but they don't have to fend off Real Madrid either. They only have to keep pace with fairly mediocre Inter and Juventus. ;)
HO-YOUNG
15-07-2009, 16:16
So it's all about Kaka then?
You don't think Seedorf can still help the team as a reserve and spot starter?
And just because a player is transfered late, it doesn't mean they're "table scraps." That's ridiculous. Was Nesta a table scrap? Was Pato a table scrap? On the final day last year both Robinho and Berbatov changed clubs. Wayne Rooney was a deadline day deal several years ago. Quaresma (not a success, but a big name) was a deadline day deal for Inter last year. Milito was a deadline day deal for Genoa. Baptista moved in mid-August. Madrid signed Rafael van der Vaart in August. The list goes on and on.
I think that's pretty much the case here as well. I doubt the average Milan fan on the street is ready to hang him/herself because the club hasn't wrapped up the transfer season by mid-July. But the transfer sections of fan forums will naturally attract a pretty fair amount of the more impatient among us.
So what u are saying is that we are just monkeying around now and we will splash the cash when the window is ready to close on players who where our fifth or sixth choice? We only signed Pato because another club would have signed him if we waited till January...
I am waiting to see what happens when the smoke clears...
I also don't want Pirlo go away from Milan. I just watched our first friendly game and I think I miss how he playmakes our game and gives beuaty to our play. Milan first match was more a tactical play with almost no beauty of football (only Ronaldinho made the play look a bit attaractive to wach). It's just like watching Inter or Italy. :(
Well, we are linked to D'Agostino on tuttomercatoweb and milannews. It is because rumors of Pirlo's departure keep gaining momentum. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't want Pirlo to leave, as a matter of fact I think it's essential that he stays with us....however it's a crazy summer and if he does leave, D'Agostino would be my number ONE choice to fill in the void. I haven't seen Hernanes enough to comment on him. I have only seen 2 full games of him playing so I can't possibly evaluate him. But I saw many D'Agostino games and he definately was one of the best midfielders in Italy this past season.
Anyhow, it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Many people (myself included) think he's better than Pirlo at this point. He's certainly coming off a better season. That would be a smart trade for Milan. He won't come cheap (Udinese's president was making fun of Juve for the low bid they made), but if Milan can get more from Chelsea for Pirlo than what he's really worth at this point, I think D'Agostino would be a perfect replacement.
So what u are saying is that we are just monkeying around now and we will splash the cash when the window is ready to close on players who where our fifth or sixth choice? We only signed Pato because another club would have signed him if we waited till January...
I am waiting to see what happens when the smoke clears...
No, that's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that sometimes these things take time. It's still very likely that Fabiano will be a Milan player, but negotiations are sometimes difficult. It's always been like that, not only for Milan but for just about every club. Milan worked almost all summer to bring Nesta to Milan on the last day of the mercato (the deal was declared dead in mid-August). Just because a player moves in late July or August doesn't mean they are a fifth or sixth choice. Was Wayne Rooney a fifth or sixth choice for United? If Fabiano, Hernanes, D'Agostino or whoever move to Milan in August, does that make them any lesser players than if they move to Milan in mid-July?
Barca signed maxwell from inter for 4.5 euros!!!!
Barca fans have no reason to worry. A club that can unearth gems like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta from their youth sides and then go and sign players like Etoo and Alves have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Where as we have nothing to show for our youth system and the last Etoo/ Alves type signing (proven, still to reach his peak and potentially the best in the world in his position) we made was Flamini and before him Nesta.
Add to that Barca havent sold their best players!!:5horse:
Arildonardo
15-07-2009, 16:26
Barca fans have no reason to worry. A club that can unearth gems like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta from their youth sides and then go and sign players like Etoo and Alves have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Where as we have nothing to show for our youth system and the last Etoo/ Alves type signing (proven, still to reach his peak and potentially the best in the world in his position) we made was Flamini and before him Nesta.
Add to that Barca havent sold their best players!!:5horse:
Yeah, it's looking really bad for us now. Relegation next... :kap:
Yeah, it's looking really bad for us now. Relegation next... :kap:
Yep. I predict Milan will be relegated to Serie C2 by October. ;)
It's not a matter of comparing the quality between Barcelona and Milan. That's completely irrelevant. It's a matter of comparing the relative inatctivity in the transfer market. Barcelona may have better players, but Milan doesn't have Inter or Juve throwing hundreds of millions of euros around to buy Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, etc. Remember, while Barcelona is coming off a spectacular season, they had that season on the heels of two straight years with no trophies whatsoever. So they can't be feeling totally secure when they see Real Madrid buying some of the biggest players in the world. Yet, Barcelona (like Milan) is not going to panic just because a bunch of fans on a message board think the world is coming to an end. After all, Milan might not quite have Barcelona's roster at the moment, but they don't have to fend off Real Madrid either. They only have to keep pace with fairly mediocre Inter and Juventus. ;)
To be clear :
Barca have very good team and made treble. In the other hand Madrid always buy and buy but never really win (they won the league but they don't build strong team. Now Madrid buy players who actually not better than Barca have. Messi-Henry-Eto'o-Iniesta-Xavi compare to Benzema (unproven), Kaka (underperformed) and Ronaldo? What are Barca afraid of?
Milan failed to qualify to CL in 2007/08 and they took 'champions' who gave few to Milan improvement. There were many holes that Milan must cover from last season problems and this season ones (like Kaka departure). In other situation Inter who won again the League strengthen their club with good signings. Juve who finished second also made major signings, Diego and Melo.
And what about Milan? They got free CB who unknown before Confed Cup and some schoolboys players. Please don't tell about co-own players. They are not what Milan need regarding the quality they have.
If Juve and Inter are fairly mediocre and then they did good signings then they should be better than fairly mediocre. Milan lost Kaka and were worse than Inter and Juve last season so I don't know which word is suitable for Milan right now.
Arildonardo
15-07-2009, 16:32
Yep. I predict Milan will be relegated to Serie C2 by October. ;)
I just had to... I'm getting sick and tired of all those whining people that have written the same posts 154 times about the bad state we're in, and that we haven't signed 17 new players at a total of £349 million so far in this transfer window... :grinser:
jvig12183
15-07-2009, 16:33
This market is getting comical. We've sold Kaka for close to 60m, Gourcuff for 15m and the only "significant" signing was Onyewu. I think getting the young players we did (Baretta, Gi Gennaro, Zignoni) may be good for the future but in terms of next year the squad has gotten worse.
We've also become laughable in the market. Sevilla's president saying we cant afford a player like Fabiano, the whole Cissoko disaster and Sao Paulo president comparing what we offered for Santos and Hernanes to bananas.
We have been linked with Dzeko, Fabiano, Huntlear, Adebeyor,
Hernanes, now D'Agostino (who I don't see how we can afford)
Criscito (that story lasted a day), Mexes, Santos, Lucio and now Evra and none of these players have arrived.
Inter, Juve, Napoli have gotten better while our management sits on its hands.
I just had to... I'm getting sick and tired of all those whining people that have written the same posts 154 times about the bad state we're in, and that we haven't signed 17 new players at a total of £349 million so far in this transfer window... :grinser:
Same here. I am getting sick and tired of all those Berlusconi and Galliani followers who say from a couple of seasons that we are ok, we are champion, Ronaldinho is the most talented player in this planet who can safe Milan, etc., and boom Milan only got 3rd spot in Serie A (of course with so many alibies) inspite of Scudetto which were Milan top target.
To be clear :
Barca have very good team and made treble. In the other hand Madrid always buy and buy but never really win (they won the league but they don't build strong team. Now Madrid buy players who actually not better than Barca have. Messi-Henry-Eto'o-Iniesta-Xavi compare to Benzema (unproven), Kaka (underperformed) and Ronaldo? What are Barca afraid of?
But you know what? The year before Barcelona had Messi, Henry, Eto'o, Iniesta and Xavi. You know where they finished? Third. Real Madrid was the champion. The year before that Barcelona finished second to Madrid. So one great season doesn't mean that much in the whole scheme of things.
Milan failed to qualify to CL in 2007/08 and they took 'champions' who gave few to Milan improvement. There were many holes that Milan must cover from last season problems and this season ones (like Kaka departure).
But despite all those "problems," Milan was good enough to qualify for the Champions League this year. And players such as Nesta, Gattuso and Borriello are back in the lineup.
In other situation Inter who won again the League strengthen their club with good signings. Juve who finished second also made major signings, Diego and Melo.
And what about Milan? They got free CB who unknown before Confed Cup and some schoolboys players. Please don't tell about co-own players. They are not what Milan need regarding the quality they have.
If Juve and Inter are fairly mediocre and then they did good signings then they should be better than fairly mediocre. Milan lost Kaka and were worse than Inter and Juve last season so I don't know which word is suitable for Milan right now.
Inter and Juventus have made some nice signings -- not exactly Real Madrid, but nice. And Milan still has a month and a half in the transfer market to make nice signings of their own. As I said before, if Milan brings in Fabiano, Hernanes, D'Agostino or whoever it might be in August, that doesn't make them lesser players than they would be if Milan signed them today. Oh, and Juve was not better than Milan last year. The two clubs finished level on points. If Italy used the same tiebreakers as England and Spain, it would have been Milan who would have been declared runner-up. ;)
I just had to... I'm getting sick and tired of all those whining people that have written the same posts 154 times about the bad state we're in, and that we haven't signed 17 new players at a total of £349 million so far in this transfer window... :grinser:
Haha. I know what you mean. You'd think some people had never seen a transfer market before. And they certainly haven't been paying attention to anyone but Milan and maybe Real Madrid because the transfer market has been slow all over this summer as clubs wait out the big prices being asked in the wake of Real Madrid's teenage-girl-with-wealthy-mom's-credit-card-on-Rodeo-Drive spending spree. :D
It's not a matter of comparing the quality between Barcelona and Milan. That's completely irrelevant. It's a matter of comparing the relative inatctivity in the transfer market. Barcelona may have better players, but Milan doesn't have Inter or Juve throwing hundreds of millions of euros around to buy Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, etc. Remember, while Barcelona is coming off a spectacular season, they had that season on the heels of two straight years with no trophies whatsoever. So they can't be feeling totally secure when they see Real Madrid buying some of the biggest players in the world. Yet, Barcelona (like Milan) is not going to panic just because a bunch of fans on a message board think the world is coming to an end. After all, Milan might not quite have Barcelona's roster at the moment, but they don't have to fend off Real Madrid either. They only have to keep pace with fairly mediocre Inter and Juventus. ;)
Inter and Juve mediocre, I dont think so.
Firstly Inter, has one of the best coaches in the game. They have Ibrahimovich and Maicon who are two of most sought after players in Seria A and probably the best two players in Seria A right now. Cesar is an excellent goalkeeper too. They have rectified their issue of not having enough young Italians coming through either. We could only wish we had young Italians the quality of Santon and Balotelli. They have just signed Milito and Motta who have probably been the revelation of seria A this season (From the smaller clubs anyway). They have a massive amount to do with Genoa's success. Add that to the battlers like Cambiasso, Chivu, Zanetti, Cordoba, Muntari. Add to those they have brought back Quaresma and seem to have the young Brazilian Kerlon on their roster this season. They are constantly linked to players like Carvallio and Deco, who quite honestly would walk into the Milan side and we couldnt afford them anyway. But lets use your rule of patience and say the mercato is long, who knows who else they will sign???
As for Juve, they have a the best goalkeeper in the world, they have a big skillful centreforeward (Something we are supposedly after) supported by Delpiero and Trez who still score loads of goals. The mdifield is immense Diego, Melo, Camronesi, Sissokho (still only 24 by the way), Zanetti, Poulson. They have the young Italian talent that we dont in Giovinco, De Ceglie, Marchisio and Chiellini. Their defence although containing more reliable centebacks than we do, isnt that great. But lets apply the rule of loads of time before the end of the mercato. Add a player like Zapatta or Santacrocce and they are light years ahead of us.
So we do have to keep pace with Inter and Juve, but they are far from mediocre. In fact if they carry on with their very strategic approach there is now way why they cant beat Real or Barca. Where as we dont have an approach
Same here. I am getting sick and tired of all those Berlusconi and Galliani followers who say from a couple of seasons that we are ok, we are champion, Ronaldinho is the most talented player in this planet who can safe Milan, etc., and boom Milan only got 3rd spot in Serie A (of course with so many alibies) inspite of Scudetto which were Milan top target.
There is a thin line between optimism and denial.
Arildonardo
15-07-2009, 16:56
Same here. I am getting sick and tired of all those Berlusconi and Galliani followers who say from a couple of seasons that we are ok, we are champion, Ronaldinho is the most talented player in this planet who can safe Milan, etc., and boom Milan only got 3rd spot in Serie A (of course with so many alibies) inspite of Scudetto which were Milan top target.
Well, I'm not one of those either.
But I sincerely think that Berlusconi and Galliani aren't out to ruin our club and that 29 is no age to be finished as a footballer when you have been the best in the world (although Ronaldinho still have got a lot to prove at Milan). It's just not the best of times for us right now and I accept that and I think we can overcome them, just like we have done in the past (like in the late 90's, we weren't exactly favorites in 1998–99). There's always going to be ups and downs... I see no reason to paint everything black. And no, I'm not happy with 3rd spot in Serie A.
But you know what? The year before Barcelona had Messi, Henry, Eto'o, Iniesta and Xavi. You know where they finished? Third. Real Madrid was the champion. The year before that Barcelona finished second to Madrid. So one great season doesn't mean that much in the whole scheme of things.
Yes, that's true but Barcelona were still a strong team but with problems that didn't came from the quality of the players. That's why they didn't need many signings, only 1-2 signings and they were treble. With Milan is completely different. Milan have problem with their roster/players.
But despite all those "problems," Milan was good enough to qualify for the Champions League this year. And players such as Nesta, Gattuso and Borriello are back in the lineup.
LOL. 3rd spot are for Milan who had only to play in UEFA? We are not talking about a club like Fiorentina here.
Inter and Juventus have made some nice signings -- not exactly Real Madrid, but nice. And Milan still has a month and a half in the transfer market to make nice signings of their own. As I said before, if Milan brings in Fabiano, Hernanes, D'Agostino or whoever it might be in August, that doesn't make them lesser players than they would be if Milan signed them today. Oh, and Juve was not better than Milan last year. The two clubs finished level on points. If Italy used the same tiebreakers as England and Spain, it would have been Milan who would have been declared runner-up. ;)
It's true that Juve and Milan had same points. But Juve were in Serie B in 2006/07. FYI Milan were King of Europe in that year.
About players coming in July, August or end of August are a bit diffrent. New players who come sooner can have time to adapt with Milan especially with the training (tactic/strategy of the coach).
As I said before, if Milan brings in Fabiano, Hernanes, D'Agostino or whoever it might be in August, that doesn't make them lesser players than they would be if Milan signed them today. Oh, and Juve was not better than Milan last year. The two clubs finished level on points. If Italy used the same tiebreakers as England and Spain, it would have been Milan who would have been declared runner-up. ;)
2 things, if there was a tie breaker, you forget Juve handed our asses to us in Turin and we could only manage a 1-1 draw in the San Siro despite having a tiny chance of applying pressure on Inter.
What would you define as a good mercato this year. Who would we need to sign? Just so I can come back to you on whether you still trust Galliani and Belusconi. Because I already see a problem with the three players you mention. We will be lucky to get one, nevermind all three.
Arildonardo
15-07-2009, 17:01
...Real Madrid's teenage-girl-with-wealthy-mom's-credit-card-on-Rodeo-Drive spending spree...
Good one. :ilol:
Well, I'm not one of those either.
But I sincerely think that Berlusconi and Galliani aren't out to ruin our club and that 29 is no age to be finished as a footballer when you have been the best in the world (although Ronaldinho still have got a lot to prove at Milan). It's just not the best of times for us right now and I accept that and I think we can overcome them, just like we have done in the past (like in the late 90's, we weren't exactly favorites in 1998–99). There's always going to be ups and downs... I see no reason to paint everything black. And no, I'm not happy with 3rd spot in Serie A.
Well to be honest, I didn't want to point out my post to certain users. I only don't agree with post that telling they are getting sick and tired about this and that post. Just let fans give their ideas, opinions and even frustations (but staying in the rule of course).
About Ronaldinho, I just don't agree the concept of Berlusconi and Galliani. They only see Ronaldinho mostly from his name. We need a big CF in that time but we bought Ronaldinho (who were totally not fit) to sacrifice a big CF. The victim had to be the coach (Ancelotti).
But you know what? The year before Barcelona had Messi, Henry, Eto'o, Iniesta and Xavi. You know where they finished? Third. Real Madrid was the champion. The year before that Barcelona finished second to Madrid. So one great season doesn't mean that much in the whole scheme of things.
If similarities between Barca is what you want, I have another.
Barca were too dependent on Ronaldinio, they suffered and crashed out of the CL to Liverpool.
Similarity - We are dependent on Ronnie.
Difference - Barca hang onto Messi and cut the dead weight while building a new team. We sold Kaka, kept the dead weight and are sticking with the same 'champions'.
Well to be honest, I didn't want to point out my post to certain users. I only don't agree with post that telling they are getting sick and tired about this and that post. Just let fans give their ideas, opinions and even frustations (but staying in the rule of course).
About Ronaldinho, I just don't agree the concept of Berlusconi and Galliani. They only see Ronaldinho mostly from his name. We need a big CF in that time but we bought Ronaldinho (who were totally not fit) to sacrifice a big CF. The victim had to be the coach (Ancelotti).
Yes Im probably venting my frustrations on the mercato on other users here. But please dont try and convince me that this is a good mercato and Galliani knows what he is doing. Il be patient and wait.
Arildonardo
15-07-2009, 17:10
Well to be honest, I didn't want to point out my post to certain users. I only don't agree with post that telling they are getting sick and tired about this and that post. Just let fans give their ideas, opinions and even frustations (but staying in the rule of course).
About Ronaldinho, I just don't agree the concept of Berlusconi and Galliani. They only see Ronaldinho mostly from his name. We need a big CF in that time but we bought Ronaldinho (who were totally not fit) to sacrifice a big CF. The victim had to be the coach (Ancelotti).
Of course everyone should have their own ideas, opinions and frustrations. I wouldn't be in here if I actually was "sick and tired" of the posts, it was just a way of expressing MY frustration there and then, maybe a bad way. I disagree with some and agree with others and that's how it should be...
:3band:
OCmilano
15-07-2009, 17:27
Guys ill get to see Milan vs Galaxy this sunday. Ill have a talk with r80 and leo and tell them we want top 2 finish or nothing.:ilol:
Call me optimist, dumb, crazy, etc.The main thing i always wanted for Milan was change of coach, i got it and now im excited about this coming year.
I think talent is very important but talent driven by desire is what i hope for from this side this year. r80 will work his ass off on the field to show the world that without Kaka the :rone: can still win.
And about inter and juve. Juve has the better team to me. I think Inter are waaaay to dependent on Ibra/Maicon. the moment one or both are injured its alll downhill.
And to everyone that is pesimist can you please wait till the transfer window is closed to bash the market we had.
Thank you my fellow Milanistas. I will post pics from the game on monday.
Forza Milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guys ill get to see Milan vs Galaxy this sunday. Ill have a talk with r80 and leo and tell them we want top 2 finish or nothing.:ilol:
Top two will only be acceptable if Inter finish third ;)
And to everyone that is pesimist can you please wait till the transfer window is closed to bash the market we had.
In the politest possible way, no. A mercato where we sell Kaka and Gourcuff while retaining Favalli is going to take some sort of miracle to suddenly become a good one.
OCmilano
15-07-2009, 17:45
:kap::kap:
:kap::kap:
Oh OK, just for a while.
OCmilano
15-07-2009, 17:51
Just tell me a simple yes or no. I know it was a bs team we had the friendly with but did you feel a little better seeing R80 the way he moved around player for the second assist?
If you said yes, then there is hope for you. LOL
Just tell me a simple yes or no. I know it was a bs team we had the friendly with but did you feel a little better seeing R80 the way he moved around player for the second assist?
If you said yes, then there is hope for you. LOL
Yes I did. I do actually think he will have a good season. I think Boriello will have a good season too.
My main worry is the defence.
OCmilano
15-07-2009, 18:06
You got me there. I dont know much about defenders.
Bosniaco
15-07-2009, 18:07
Juve signed couple nice players. Diego and Melo, this what you call signings :)
Lebanese
15-07-2009, 18:17
Juve signed couple nice players. Diego and Melo, this what you call signings :)
so is tiago and poulsen
OCmilano
15-07-2009, 18:32
so Is Tiago And Poulsen
High Fiveeeee!!!!
Bosniaco
15-07-2009, 18:45
so is tiago and poulsen
If you talk about flops, then there is plenty at Milan :)
I was just saying they made so far two nice signings !!!
Samaldinho
15-07-2009, 19:00
Juve wants to keep Molinaro and De Cegile (more a of LM than a LB) and with Cannavaro who needs to realize that he is just not the same player, to hold the hand of Chiellini, who has not had the best of seasons (last year) and with their starting RB being Grygera.
This is the defense you fear? Buffon has been average this last year, and somehow Ferrarra has to put together Diego, Melo, Sissoko, Giovinco, (which can be done) but still have to balance Camo, while he says he wants Nedved back, and you're telling me that Juve is LIGHT YEARS ahead of us? Of their strikers, only Del Piero and Amauri are worth anything. Iaquinta is a great super-sub but nothing else and Trez is missing something, maybe it's confidence?
The only place where I think Juve beat us are in the midfield. However, from what I hear from the Milan players about Leonardo's change in the squad, and how everyone is equal, makes me think we'll be able to squeeze a lot more out of our players.
To Inter, Inter are so dependent on Ibra and Maicon it defies logic. I have been talking about how they need someone in the middle of the park to do something, and that is the one thing that Mourinho is being denied.
Mourinho is going to be forced to deal with Mancini, Quaresma, Suazo (glad we didn't get him), and a broken down Kerlon (for youth purposes). So really now, are you that worried still?
Inter are workman-like, they just get stuck in a get results against the small teams. That's their secret and that's the only thing that has held back Milan under Carlo. I am a big Carlo fan and the one thing I can say against him is that he continuouslly underestimated and fostered the lack of urgency and desire to drive forward against those small teams.
I used to hate the idea that we are "good as we are" because we aren't. However, I think Milan is not in dire need of a lot of signings. I think we need a LB and a striker. However, Boriello thinks otherwise.
I remember saying earlier that all I wanted was Leonardo to come out and tell me the sort of things that I want to hear, hear about the new system, his ideas, and finally it is happening, and I can't lie, I am glad to be proven wrong about him. He seems to be taking charge, he's strict and he's treating everyone on the same level.
Did Milan under-preform the last two years? Yes. Could that be part of the complacency under Carlo? I am beginning to think that it might be. I also think that Carlo leaving, on the other hand, was a big part of Kaka leaving, but that is another point.
When we talk about Gorky being some sort of savior, and blaming the management, this is where I think we have to blame Gorky for being a coward. Galli flew down to France and obviously knew Carlo was leaving, knew that there would be an opening for him, for him to rise to the top and take a starting spot. He didn't take it because he is a COWARD. So I don't want him either, and like many have said here before, no one CARED that his loan agreement had a 15 million attached buy-out clause, because he SUCKED in our red-and-black.
If Antonini can play like he did, and Zambro gets pushed to the left, I'm not so sure how serious a LB is for Milan at this point. I do think, however, that big signings will have to be made next summer, not this summer.
I think Leonardo will be assessing what he needs during the next few pre-season games. That is why Milan is waiting, because frankly, what is the point of buying players when Leonardo hasn't seen the players everyday in the form of a trainer, and what would be the point of giving him new weapons that he thinks he might not need? Ever think of that?
Anyways. The same things are being said over and over and over and over again and it gets boring. Milan is not going down the respect in other people's eyes. I don't see why you think that, I guess because you're talking to your Inter friend that you believe that, then, well Milan will always be on the downside, even when we win CLs and they steal scudettos.
Did you ever think that maybe Leonardo has more faith in Boriello than Dzeko or Fabiano? Maybe he sees Antonini as a better candidate than Cissoko? Maybe he thinks Pirlo deserves a greater chance than Hernanes? Maybe Pirlo has to go for Hernanes, but that's all, in his opinion? Maybe? Just a thought.
We have great players young stars here at Milan: Pato, Flamini, Thiago Silva, Albertazzi, Paloschi (at Parma) and I don't see why Abate and Di Gennaro can't do the same. Remember, just because you were a Italy U21 star doesn't mean you're going to be a star later on. Pippo was an average U21, Quagliarella never played for them, neither did Luca Toni, or Antonio Di Natale. I also don't remember a certain Fabio Grosso ever been an Azzurini either.
So look, calm down. Yes, you have the right to voice your frustrations and anger, but at the same time, I have the right to voice my call for calmness.
Barca, after two years of unimpressive play, sold their best player (which was Ronaldinho at the time) and relied on their young, yet sometimes inconsistent Messi. We sold our best player, Kaka, who has had two not-so-Kaka seasons, and will rely on our young, sometimes inconsistent Pato. Henry was a flop his first year and became a hit in his second year, I hope that Ronaldinho does the same thing.
Sure, we're not the same as Barca, but look at how much better their players played just because they got a new coach. Sure, Barca will be able to rely on those players longer than we will be able to rely on ours, but I think the point of the matter is that we have to have the belief in our players, because no matter how much you wish Kaladze and Seedorf to go, they're going to be here. I personally HATE Kaladze, but I'm going to support them, because they are wearing our red-and-black and we have to be the one's supporting them, because no one else will.
If they are willing to stand up and be counted, as fans, so should we.
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 19:16
@Samaldinho
When Barcelona sold Ronaldinho their best player was Messi. He amply demonstrated that when Ronaldinho missed huge portions of the season.
Ronaldinho was in his pomp in the 2005-06 season. He was Barcelona's and the world's best player then. He came to Milan overweight, out of form and with one thousand and one tales of samba and liquor.
I cannot tell what Leonardo thinks, but I can take an educated guess. He has just been hired by the capo di tutti capi, so I doubt he will protest. I somehow doubt he will be secretly buzzing with excitement if he does not get Fabiano or another striker.
I admire your resilience--I really do. But let's call it like it is: we have just sold Kaka' and we have bought no one. Our president has come out in public saying that we cannot compete in this market (which in his universe means paying anything over 20 million).
Something is seriously wrong at Milan, and I am genuinely afraid about the future of my club. If that makes me poor company, then I apologize.
OCmilano
15-07-2009, 19:18
Standing O ****ing vation.
Great post man. Made great points.
@Samaldinho....
Inter and Juve mediocre, I dont think so.
Compared to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, Inter is fairly mediocre. If they weren't, they wouldn't have been eliminated in the first knockout round of the Champions League three straight years. Inter only looks good because Juve and Milan were set back by the scandal.
Firstly Inter, has one of the best coaches in the game.
Arguably. But then Milan had one of the best coaches in the game last year and finished tied for second.
They have Ibrahimovich and Maicon who are two of most sought after players in Seria A and probably the best two players in Seria A right now. Cesar is an excellent goalkeeper too.
Milan has Pato, Pirlo, etc. Not exactly chopped liver.
They have rectified their issue of not having enough young Italians coming through either. We could only wish we had young Italians the quality of Santon and Balotelli.
Being Italian doesn't make a player any better than being of some other nationality. In fact, Brazil seems to have a much better young talent pool these days than does Italy. Is Thiago Silva going to suck because he's not Italian?
They have just signed Milito and Motta who have probably been the revelation of seria A this season (From the smaller clubs anyway). They have a massive amount to do with Genoa's success.
Milito and Motta are nice players, but nothing special really. Milan already has players better than them and still has time to buy other players better than them.
Add that to the battlers like Cambiasso, Chivu, Zanetti, Cordoba, Muntari.
Add to that battlers like Gattuso, Flamini, Zambrotta, Nesta, Ambrosini, etc.
Add to those they have brought back Quaresma
Quaresma was awful for them last year. That's why they loaned him out to Chelsea. Mourinho, apparently, isn't exactly his biggest fan.
and seem to have the young Brazilian Kerlon on their roster this season.
And Milan has the young Brazilian Thiago Silva on the roster this year. And might end up with the young Brazilian Hernanes. You know, it's funny that nobody wants to count Thiago Silva as a new signing, but officially he's listed as a June 2009 signing. He's never played an official game for Milan and he's the reason we only have one non-EU roster spot available. So he does count, even though you don't want him to. ;)
They are constantly linked to players like Carvallio and Deco
Chelsea laughed at Inter's bid of 6 million pounds for the two players.
, who quite honestly would walk into the Milan side
That's probably true of Carvalho. I doubt that Deco could. And they play for Chelsea, not Inter, anyway. If you're going by players Inter could buy, then Milan could buy Fabiano, Hernanes, D'Agostino, Patrice Evra, Criscito, Miranda and any number of others.
and we couldnt afford them anyway.
Apparently neither could Inter since they would only offer half of what Chelsea wanted (which was 12 million pounds -- a figure I believe Milan could actually managed to dig up if these were players they wanted).
But lets use your rule of patience and say the mercato is long, who knows who else they will sign???
That's right. Who knows? And who knows what players Milan might sign? I'd also argue that Milan is more likely to sign players as the mercato goes along because Inter has already signed players (not that there's any law that says they have to sign the same amount of players).
As for Juve, they have a the best goalkeeper in the world, they have a big skillful centreforeward (Something we are supposedly after) supported by Delpiero and Trez who still score loads of goals. The mdifield is immense Diego, Melo, Camronesi, Sissokho (still only 24 by the way), Zanetti, Poulson.
Milan has the best young striker in the world, a two-time FIFA World Player of the Year and the best center back of the past decade. And I certainly don't see how Juventus' midfield is really any better than Milan's. In fact, their midfield was their weak point last year as they seriously lacked creativity. We'll see if Melo can change that, but I'll still take Pirlo and Ronaldinho in the creativity department, thank you very much. ;)
They have the young Italian talent that we dont in Giovinco, De Ceglie, Marchisio and Chiellini.
Again with the Italians?
Their defence although containing more reliable centebacks than we do, isnt that great.
If Nesta stays healthy (and there's no reason to assume he won't), I'll take Milan's defense, aside from Buffon (although Abbiati was damned good last year as well).
But lets apply the rule of loads of time before the end of the mercato. Add a player like Zapatta or Santacrocce and they are light years ahead of us.
Why would Zapata or Santacroce be any more likely to join Juventus than Milan? Besides, Juve already brought in soon-to-be-36 Cannavaro (and you guys complain when Milan brings in a guy who's 28 or 29!). Napoli is ambitious, so it won't be easy for anyone to get Santacroce, despite all the paper talk. Zapata's agent says there have been no bids on him and he's probably going to remain at Udinese (clubs might be wary at this point because of his injuries).
So we do have to keep pace with Inter and Juve, but they are far from mediocre. In fact if they carry on with their very strategic approach there is now way why they cant beat Real or Barca. Where as we dont have an approach
Compared to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, they're fairly mediocre. And do you have some inside knowledge regarding these various clubs' respective approaches?
Yes, that's true but Barcelona were still a strong team but with problems that didn't came from the quality of the players. That's why they didn't need many signings, only 1-2 signings and they were treble. With Milan is completely different. Milan have problem with their roster/players.
You don't think that if Milan were to sign Fabiano and a good fullback they could challenge Inter for the Scudetto?
LOL. 3rd spot are for Milan who had only to play in UEFA? We are not talking about a club like Fiorentina here.
Again, third only by Serie A's unusual tiebreaker. Milan was level on points with Juve despite an injury-ravaged season. Now players are healthy again.
It's true that Juve and Milan had same points. But Juve were in Serie B in 2006/07. FYI Milan were King of Europe in that year.
That's true, but on the other hand -- and more recently -- Juventus finished eight points and two spots ahead of Milan in 2007/08. This past year they finished tied in points. That would seem to indicate that Milan gained quite a bit of ground. ;)
About players coming in July, August or end of August are a bit diffrent. New players who come sooner can have time to adapt with Milan especially with the training (tactic/strategy of the coach).
Any player that comes by the end of July will have four weeks to prepare for the season. A player who comes on the transfer deadline will be up to speed in a matter of weeks and will still be able to contribute for almost the entire season. It happens all the time. As an example, Robinho was a last-minute transfer from Real Madrid to Manchester City last year. He scored goals in his first two matches for City and four in his first six. It's football, not rocket science.
2 things, if there was a tie breaker, you forget Juve handed our asses to us in Turin and we could only manage a 1-1 draw in the San Siro despite having a tiny chance of applying pressure on Inter.
And Milan beat Inter in one game and lost the second only on an Arm of Adriano goal. So?
What would you define as a good mercato this year. Who would we need to sign? Just so I can come back to you on whether you still trust Galliani and Belusconi. Because I already see a problem with the three players you mention. We will be lucky to get one, nevermind all three.
I never said I expected to get any three (or any number of) particular players. And I realize that unless Milan signs Messi a lot of posters will consider the transfer market a failure because of selling Kaka, but what would have been the point of that? The club wanted to cover its debts and now it has. If Milan can turn around and bring in Fabiano (or another stiker of similar ability) and maybe a left back, I will be perfectly satisfied. Anything else will be gravy.
But then I'm patient. I think Milan can challenge for the Scudetto this year against fairly mediocre competition, but if Milan finishes second or third I'm not going to go jump off a bridge. I take a long-term approach. It seems Milan is trying to build a younger squad, but you can't just toss everybody out and bring in all new players in one fell swoop. Dzeko has a clause in his contract extension that will allow him to go to Milan for a 20 million euro buyout fee next summer, so right there's a glimmer of hope already. And as long as Milan gets back to the Champions League next year, now that the debts have been paid, there's no reason there won't be a normal amount of funds available for transfers for the foreseeable future. So I see no reason for the Chicken Little, sky-is-falling, panic.
Juve wants to keep Molinaro and De Cegile (more a of LM than a LB) and with Cannavaro who needs to realize that he is just not the same player, to hold the hand of Chiellini, who has not had the best of seasons (last year) and with their starting RB being Grygera.
This is the defense you fear? Buffon has been average this last year, and somehow Ferrarra has to put together Diego, Melo, Sissoko, Giovinco, (which can be done) but still have to balance Camo, while he says he wants Nedved back, and you're telling me that Juve is LIGHT YEARS ahead of us? Of their strikers, only Del Piero and Amauri are worth anything. Iaquinta is a great super-sub but nothing else and Trez is missing something, maybe it's confidence?
The only place where I think Juve beat us are in the midfield. However, from what I hear from the Milan players about Leonardo's change in the squad, and how everyone is equal, makes me think we'll be able to squeeze a lot more out of our players.
To Inter, Inter are so dependent on Ibra and Maicon it defies logic. I have been talking about how they need someone in the middle of the park to do something, and that is the one thing that Mourinho is being denied.
Mourinho is going to be forced to deal with Mancini, Quaresma, Suazo (glad we didn't get him), and a broken down Kerlon (for youth purposes). So really now, are you that worried still?
Inter are workman-like, they just get stuck in a get results against the small teams. That's their secret and that's the only thing that has held back Milan under Carlo. I am a big Carlo fan and the one thing I can say against him is that he continuouslly underestimated and fostered the lack of urgency and desire to drive forward against those small teams.
I used to hate the idea that we are "good as we are" because we aren't. However, I think Milan is not in dire need of a lot of signings. I think we need a LB and a striker. However, Boriello thinks otherwise.
I remember saying earlier that all I wanted was Leonardo to come out and tell me the sort of things that I want to hear, hear about the new system, his ideas, and finally it is happening, and I can't lie, I am glad to be proven wrong about him. He seems to be taking charge, he's strict and he's treating everyone on the same level.
Did Milan under-preform the last two years? Yes. Could that be part of the complacency under Carlo? I am beginning to think that it might be. I also think that Carlo leaving, on the other hand, was a big part of Kaka leaving, but that is another point.
When we talk about Gorky being some sort of savior, and blaming the management, this is where I think we have to blame Gorky for being a coward. Galli flew down to France and obviously knew Carlo was leaving, knew that there would be an opening for him, for him to rise to the top and take a starting spot. He didn't take it because he is a COWARD. So I don't want him either, and like many have said here before, no one CARED that his loan agreement had a 15 million attached buy-out clause, because he SUCKED in our red-and-black.
If Antonini can play like he did, and Zambro gets pushed to the left, I'm not so sure how serious a LB is for Milan at this point. I do think, however, that big signings will have to be made next summer, not this summer.
I think Leonardo will be assessing what he needs during the next few pre-season games. That is why Milan is waiting, because frankly, what is the point of buying players when Leonardo hasn't seen the players everyday in the form of a trainer, and what would be the point of giving him new weapons that he thinks he might not need? Ever think of that?
Anyways. The same things are being said over and over and over and over again and it gets boring. Milan is not going down the respect in other people's eyes. I don't see why you think that, I guess because you're talking to your Inter friend that you believe that, then, well Milan will always be on the downside, even when we win CLs and they steal scudettos.
Did you ever think that maybe Leonardo has more faith in Boriello than Dzeko or Fabiano? Maybe he sees Antonini as a better candidate than Cissoko? Maybe he thinks Pirlo deserves a greater chance than Hernanes? Maybe Pirlo has to go for Hernanes, but that's all, in his opinion? Maybe? Just a thought.
We have great players young stars here at Milan: Pato, Flamini, Thiago Silva, Albertazzi, Paloschi (at Parma) and I don't see why Abate and Di Gennaro can't do the same. Remember, just because you were a Italy U21 star doesn't mean you're going to be a star later on. Pippo was an average U21, Quagliarella never played for them, neither did Luca Toni, or Antonio Di Natale. I also don't remember a certain Fabio Grosso ever been an Azzurini either.
So look, calm down. Yes, you have the right to voice your frustrations and anger, but at the same time, I have the right to voice my call for calmness.
Barca, after two years of unimpressive play, sold their best player (which was Ronaldinho at the time) and relied on their young, yet sometimes inconsistent Messi. We sold our best player, Kaka, who has had two not-so-Kaka seasons, and will rely on our young, sometimes inconsistent Pato. Henry was a flop his first year and became a hit in his second year, I hope that Ronaldinho does the same thing.
Sure, we're not the same as Barca, but look at how much better their players played just because they got a new coach. Sure, Barca will be able to rely on those players longer than we will be able to rely on ours, but I think the point of the matter is that we have to have the belief in our players, because no matter how much you wish Kaladze and Seedorf to go, they're going to be here. I personally HATE Kaladze, but I'm going to support them, because they are wearing our red-and-black and we have to be the one's supporting them, because no one else will.
If they are willing to stand up and be counted, as fans, so should we.
Another brilliant post Samaldinho! :rone:
Hasan Rossonero
15-07-2009, 19:34
Standing O ****ing vation.
Great post man. Made great points.
@Samaldinho....
No come on admit it, you meant that towards me. My frank assessment made you applaud and teary eyed. :D
Samaldinho i really doubt even leonardo and B&G are as optimistic as you buddy..Thats the most optimistic post i have read,but with all the respect i think you re exposing you're fantasies over the coming year there..i think that if things dont change then the only thing that can save us is a genious coaching by leonardo i cant see anymore light than this,although i really really hope you're right
naif1980
15-07-2009, 20:20
Compared to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, Inter is fairly mediocre. If they weren't, they wouldn't have been eliminated in the first knockout round of the Champions League three straight years. Inter only looks good because Juve and Milan were set back by the scandal.
Arguably. But then Milan had one of the best coaches in the game last year and finished tied for second.
Milan has Pato, Pirlo, etc. Not exactly chopped liver.
Being Italian doesn't make a player any better than being of some other nationality. In fact, Brazil seems to have a much better young talent pool these days than does Italy. Is Thiago Silva going to suck because he's not Italian?
Milito and Motta are nice players, but nothing special really. Milan already has players better than them and still has time to buy other players better than them.
Add to that battlers like Gattuso, Flamini, Zambrotta, Nesta, Ambrosini, etc.
Quaresma was awful for them last year. That's why they loaned him out to Chelsea. Mourinho, apparently, isn't exactly his biggest fan.
And Milan has the young Brazilian Thiago Silva on the roster this year. And might end up with the young Brazilian Hernanes. You know, it's funny that nobody wants to count Thiago Silva as a new signing, but officially he's listed as a June 2009 signing. He's never played an official game for Milan and he's the reason we only have one non-EU roster spot available. So he does count, even though you don't want him to. ;)
Chelsea laughed at Inter's bid of 6 million pounds for the two players.
That's probably true of Carvalho. I doubt that Deco could. And they play for Chelsea, not Inter, anyway. If you're going by players Inter could buy, then Milan could buy Fabiano, Hernanes, D'Agostino, Patrice Evra, Criscito, Miranda and any number of others.
Apparently neither could Inter since they would only offer half of what Chelsea wanted (which was 12 million pounds -- a figure I believe Milan could actually managed to dig up if these were players they wanted).
That's right. Who knows? And who knows what players Milan might sign? I'd also argue that Milan is more likely to sign players as the mercato goes along because Inter has already signed players (not that there's any law that says they have to sign the same amount of players).
Milan has the best young striker in the world, a two-time FIFA World Player of the Year and the best center back of the past decade. And I certainly don't see how Juventus' midfield is really any better than Milan's. In fact, their midfield was their weak point last year as they seriously lacked creativity. We'll see if Melo can change that, but I'll still take Pirlo and Ronaldinho in the creativity department, thank you very much. ;)
Again with the Italians?
If Nesta stays healthy (and there's no reason to assume he won't), I'll take Milan's defense, aside from Buffon (although Abbiati was damned good last year as well).
Why would Zapata or Santacroce be any more likely to join Juventus than Milan? Besides, Juve already brought in soon-to-be-36 Cannavaro (and you guys complain when Milan brings in a guy who's 28 or 29!). Napoli is ambitious, so it won't be easy for anyone to get Santacroce, despite all the paper talk. Zapata's agent says there have been no bids on him and he's probably going to remain at Udinese (clubs might be wary at this point because of his injuries).
Compared to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, they're fairly mediocre. And do you have some inside knowledge regarding these various clubs' respective approaches?
You don't think that if Milan were to sign Fabiano and a good fullback they could challenge Inter for the Scudetto?
Again, third only by Serie A's unusual tiebreaker. Milan was level on points with Juve despite an injury-ravaged season. Now players are healthy again.
That's true, but on the other hand -- and more recently -- Juventus finished eight points and two spots ahead of Milan in 2007/08. This past year they finished tied in points. That would seem to indicate that Milan gained quite a bit of ground. ;)
Any player that comes by the end of July will have four weeks to prepare for the season. A player who comes on the transfer deadline will be up to speed in a matter of weeks and will still be able to contribute for almost the entire season. It happens all the time. As an example, Robinho was a last-minute transfer from Real Madrid to Manchester City last year. He scored goals in his first two matches for City and four in his first six. It's football, not rocket science.
And Milan beat Inter in one game and lost the second only on an Arm of Adriano goal. So?
I never said I expected to get any three (or any number of) particular players. And I realize that unless Milan signs Messi a lot of posters will consider the transfer market a failure because of selling Kaka, but what would have been the point of that? The club wanted to cover its debts and now it has. If Milan can turn around and bring in Fabiano (or another stiker of similar ability) and maybe a left back, I will be perfectly satisfied. Anything else will be gravy.
But then I'm patient. I think Milan can challenge for the Scudetto this year against fairly mediocre competition, but if Milan finishes second or third I'm not going to go jump off a bridge. I take a long-term approach. It seems Milan is trying to build a younger squad, but you can't just toss everybody out and bring in all new players in one fell swoop. Dzeko has a clause in his contract extension that will allow him to go to Milan for a 20 million euro buyout fee next summer, so right there's a glimmer of hope already. And as long as Milan gets back to the Champions League next year, now that the debts have been paid, there's no reason there won't be a normal amount of funds available for transfers for the foreseeable future. So I see no reason for the Chicken Little, sky-is-falling, panic.
BRAVO RICK BRAVO :hammer::clap:
BRAVO RICK BRAVO :hammer::clap:
Thank you, my friend. :v103:
boing boing
15-07-2009, 20:39
Only time will tell who is right or wrong.
The best remedy for this burning anguish is to hibernate until the last week of the transfer season.
Compared to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, Inter is fairly mediocre. If they weren't, they wouldn't have been eliminated in the first knockout round of the Champions League three straight years. Inter only looks good because Juve and Milan were set back by the scandal.
If patience is your approach then why not afford it to inter. They have gone from a side not winning the scudetto in years to back to back titles. The next natural progression for them would be better performances in the CL. However you rate them, they are the champions of Italy (by a comfortable margin) and have actually qualified for the CL the past 3 years (if thats how far back we are looking)
Arguably. But then Milan had one of the best coaches in the game last year and finished tied for second.
Ancelotti is an absolute legen in the CL, but 1 championship title in all his management experience by no means makes him one of the best coaches in the game.
Milan has Pato, Pirlo, etc. Not exactly chopped liver.
Pato yes, Pirlo no. Its been a while since he has been at his best. Dont get me wrong, Im a big fan, but I spent last season last year trying to convince half the posters here that he isnt a waste of space.
Being Italian doesn't make a player any better than being of some other nationality. In fact, Brazil seems to have a much better young talent pool these days than does Italy. Is Thiago Silva going to suck because he's not Italian?
Now now Rick. I know, that you know exactly what I was getting at here. Many a milanmania poster has had digs at Inter for not fielding enough Italians whereas Milan fans and Juve fans have been proud of our Azzuri representatives. And yes other countries may have better talent, but there is a danger of Milan losing it's Italian identity on the pitch and this is important. Infact its one thing Mourinhio pointed out about inter in a recent interview. And back to the original point which you didnt address, Inter are investing (seriously) in Italian youth, Milan arent.
Milito and Motta are nice players, but nothing special really. Milan already has players better than them and still has time to buy other players better than them.
Milito scored 24 goals in Seria A last season for Genoa. That is just a little bit special. Interestingly the only player to score more was Ibrahimovich. Doesnt look good for seria a defenders. By the way our closest player was Kaka with 16 goals. Motta has been at Barca where he impressed Milan enough for us to enwuire before being scared off by the price tag. His problem was the lifestyle, but that seems to be behind him now. If you watched him last season, he isnt for messing.
Add to that battlers like Gattuso, Flamini, Zambrotta, Nesta, Ambrosini, etc.
Yep thats battlers is one thing we have in abundance. Nesta however needs to be fit to battle. Big season for him.
Quaresma was awful for them last year. That's why they loaned him out to Chelsea. Mourinho, apparently, isn't exactly his biggest fan.
Mournihio has called him back. Gourcuff didnt have a great second season at Milan. Hey this is football, transfers might not work, but the least you can do is try.
And Milan has the young Brazilian Thiago Silva on the roster this year. And might end up with the young Brazilian Hernanes.
Yes we do and no we wont.
Chelsea laughed at Inter's bid of 6 million pounds for the two players.
When you have a championship winning side, which boasts the leagues top scorer and two very good signings you can afford to play hardball.
That's probably true of Carvalho. I doubt that Deco could. And they play for Chelsea, not Inter, anyway. If you're going by players Inter could buy, then Milan could buy Fabiano, Hernanes, D'Agostino, Patrice Evra, Criscito, Miranda and any number of others.
Whether Moratti is willing to bring his targets home isnt in doubt. He may not value the two players the same as Chelsea, but we all know that he will get the players he wants who ever he decides on be it Aurnatovich (spelling) or whoever. Not exactly the case with Milan.
Apparently neither could Inter since they would only offer half of what Chelsea wanted (which was 12 million pounds -- a figure I believe Milan could actually managed to dig up if these were players they wanted).
You really believe that??
That's right. Who knows? And who knows what players Milan might sign? I'd also argue that Milan is more likely to sign players as the mercato goes along because Inter has already signed players (not that there's any law that says they have to sign the same amount of players).
You are still sticking to your vague ideas of what would be a satisfactory mercato. What do you expect Milan will have done by the end of the summer?
Milan has the best young striker in the world, a two-time FIFA World Player of the Year and the best center back of the past decade. And I certainly don't see how Juventus' midfield is really any better than Milan's. In fact, their midfield was their weak point last year as they seriously lacked creativity. We'll see if Melo can change that, but I'll still take Pirlo and Ronaldinho in the creativity department, thank you very much. ;)
You conveniantly forget Diego. I would rather have him over Pirlo and Ronnie anyday. He is younger, more dynamic and gets around the field. Juve's midfield was weak last season, but unlike Milan they are addressing their problem areas.
Again with the Italians?
There are quotas, I believe. Apart from these there should be some Italian presence in the team.
If Nesta stays healthy (and there's no reason to assume he won't)
1. He has just been injured a full season
2. There were concerns about him having to retire
3. The proof of the pudding will be a few weeks into the seria a season
4. He has always suffered from the odd niggle here and there
5. He is 33 years old, recovery times wont be the same. He needs to be handled with care.
I'll take Milan's defense, aside from Buffon (although Abbiati was damned good last year as well).
We have a better right back. Nesta and Cannavaro cancel each other out. Chiellini and Thiago cant be compared as Thiago hasnt played a competitive match for us or in Europe yet. We sont have a propper leftback and yes Buffon is better.
Why would Zapata or Santacroce be any more likely to join Juventus than Milan? Besides, Juve already brought in soon-to-be-36 Cannavaro (and you guys complain when Milan brings in a guy who's 28 or 29!). Napoli is ambitious, so it won't be easy for anyone to get Santacroce, despite all the paper talk. Zapata's agent says there have been no bids on him and he's probably going to remain at Udinese (clubs might be wary at this point because of his injuries).
Juve are more likely because they have bothered to register interest. Whether you think Napoli will sell or not doesnt matter. They are more likely becuase they are willing to pay for his services.
For Zapatta, hes only had one injury.
Compared to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, they're fairly mediocre. And do you have some inside knowledge regarding these various clubs' respective approaches?
Im a keen football fan. I listen to Mourinhio in his interviews when he quite rightly dulls down expectation. When they were knocked out last season, he said we arent good enough, but we will be. I need to add a few things to the side. I hear all the sense he talks and see the changes he makes like trying to cut down the squad size (They sold Maxwell today, Cruz and crespo are gone), the fact that he wants more focus on youths and Italian players as they understand the seria a games against lower tabel sides bettert han anyone else.
You don't think that if Milan were to sign Fabiano and a good fullback they could challenge Inter for the Scudetto?
For someone so patient, you think pretty short term. Id prefer to keep Boriello, Pato and Inzaghi and get a creative midefielder, fullback and centreback (specifically to take the pressure/demands off Nesta). That would be a forward thinking plan.
Again, third only by Serie A's unusual tiebreaker. Milan was level on points with Juve despite an injury-ravaged season. Now players are healthy again.
That's true, but on the other hand -- and more recently -- Juventus finished eight points and two spots ahead of Milan in 2007/08. This past year they finished tied in points. That would seem to indicate that Milan gained quite a bit of ground. ;)
Yes, we had injuries. But who says they will be healthy now? Time will tell
As far as catching up Juve, they were a league below us the season before so who is catching who and who is not taking advantage of another team's misfortunes?
I never said I expected to get any three (or any number of) particular players. And I realize that unless Milan signs Messi a lot of posters will consider the transfer market a failure because of selling Kaka, but what would have been the point of that? The club wanted to cover its debts and now it has. If Milan can turn around and bring in Fabiano (or another stiker of similar ability) and maybe a left back, I will be perfectly satisfied. Anything else will be gravy.[/QUOTE]
Okay so I finally have what you consider a minimum for the mercato> Fabiano and a leftback.
But then I'm patient. I think Milan can challenge for the Scudetto this year against fairly mediocre competition, but if Milan finishes second or third I'm not going to go jump off a bridge. I take a long-term approach. It seems Milan is trying to build a younger squad, but you can't just toss everybody out and bring in all new players in one fell swoop. Dzeko has a clause in his contract extension that will allow him to go to Milan for a 20 million euro buyout fee next summer, so right there's a glimmer of hope already. And as long as Milan gets back to the Champions League next year, now that the debts have been paid, there's no reason there won't be a normal amount of funds available for transfers for the foreseeable future. So I see no reason for the Chicken Little, sky-is-falling, panic.
All I can say is, I hope you are right.
Now Rick, its been fun, its been emotional, but Iv got an assignment to write so I wont be able to revist this little tennis match.
OCmilano
15-07-2009, 21:12
Abbiati
Zambro Nesta Thiago Janku
Gatusso Pirlo Flamini
Ronnie
Pato Boriello
I love this lineup of yours K77. Maybe Janku/Antonini.
:2dance: See i do agree with you.
Warro Bantan
15-07-2009, 21:34
Serie C here we come!!
Now Rick, its been fun, its been emotional, but Iv got an assignment to write so I wont be able to revist this little tennis match.
Good luck with your assignment. I'll just respond to a few points here and we'll leave it at that. Only time will tell how things will turn out. I choose to be an optimist, but you certainly have every right to your pessimism. :5ok:
Milito scored 24 goals in Seria A last season for Genoa. That is just a little bit special. Interestingly the only player to score more was Ibrahimovich. Doesnt look good for seria a defenders.
And the previous season Boriello scored 19 goals for Genoa. And he's three years younger. The only players who scored more than Boriello that year were Del Piero (21) and Trezeguet (20). It didn't look so good for Serie A defenders then either, but Juve finished third. ;)
and no we wont.
How do you know that Milan won't buy Hernanes? What inside information do you have? Tell us, please!
You really believe that??
Which part, that Inter only offered half what Chelsea wanted or that Milan could dig up 12 million pounds somewhere?
You are still sticking to your vague ideas of what would be a satisfactory mercato. What do you expect Milan will have done by the end of the summer?
I don't really expect anything in particular to have been done by the end of the summer. I don't own the team. I'm patient enough to wait and see before passing judgement.
You conveniantly forget Diego. I would rather have him over Pirlo and Ronnie anyday. He is younger, more dynamic and gets around the field. Juve's midfield was weak last season, but unlike Milan they are addressing their problem areas.
I didn't forget about Diego, conveniently or otherwise. I'll pass judgement once I've seen how well he settles in Serie A and how well he settles into the Juve team. And in any case, I was quite obviously speaking strictly of creativity, in which case I'll still take Pirlo and Ronaldinho by a wide margin.
For someone so patient, you think pretty short term. Id prefer to keep Boriello, Pato and Inzaghi and get a creative midefielder, fullback and centreback (specifically to take the pressure/demands off Nesta). That would be a forward thinking plan.
Actually, I've never said that I think Milan needs to bring in a striker. In fact, I've said on several occasions that Milan could get by fine with the guys already on the team and have suggested that Milan not bring in anyone if they don't bring in Fabiano because Dzeko will be available next summer. But since Milan seems to want Fabiano and Fabiano seems to want Milan, I think it's a good idea to sign him. He's an excellent player.
There's no big urgency for a creative midfielder this summer unless Pirlo is sold. Otherwise, that's something that could wait until next summer as well.
Milan has already brought in two center backs, so I don't see an urgent need there either. Even if Nesta can't hold up for the entire season, Milan can get by. I'm not opposed, of course, to bringing in another, but it's also something that can wait until next summer while we see how Silva and Onyewu work out. What's the use in bringing in promising young players if you're going to stack them behind so many old players that they never see the pitch?
I do agree that a fullback would be nice, but Zambrotta, Janku, Oddo, Antonini, Bonera, Flamini and Silva can all play the position, so it's not as though Milan are desperate for players for this season.
Here's where I think you're a bit confused about the difference between long-term and short-term thinking. A long-term plan will add and replace a few pieces at a time, so as not to upset the apple cart too much and to retain a sense of continuity. Short-term thinking is being in a rush to solve all of the perceived problems at once and buying players in a hurry just to be buying them. I prefer the patient, long term approach. Milan has a very limited budget this summer and needs to select the players it brings in carefully. If they start throwing money at players just to have somebody, it will only cause more problems.
Abbiati
Zambro Nesta Thiago Janku
Gatusso Pirlo Flamini
Ronnie
Pato Boriello
I love this lineup of yours K77. Maybe Janku/Antonini.
:2dance: See i do agree with you.
lol I felt bad about leaving Antonini out and our captain too. But its my first season and I havent got all my coaching badges so there is no room for sentiment.
Bosniaco
15-07-2009, 21:51
We didnt look too good in that Varese game. I'm really worried after I have watched the Varese game.
Funny to see us being linked to so many Brazilians now!
Santos (Also Evra who will not be a relsitic option)
Luiz Felipe(Corinthians GK)
and now Hernanes for 10 million euro (why is he coming so cheap? Is there a massive form slump?)
Also Adriano (formerly of Inter)
D'Agostino is also being linked with Milan....
By the way, Maxwell went to Barca, making Santos an obvious target of Inter......
Luis Felipe swap for Dida would be fantastic for Milan.....
I see Santos as possibly overrated, and believe the LB/RB positions are fine at the moment. It is all about CB....
Hernanes for 10 million?! WTF! Is he experiencing some massive form slump, or are Sao Paulo in financial trouble. I believe the source may be telling fibs.....
Evra is simply a non-relistic target, so for me Luis Felipe is the only good one....
D'Agostino is unrealsitic as well, and he is not what we need right now for the squad!
Adriano? If he comes back, the "Emperor" will be better, and it would IMO be better if he was playing for us...
I know what MGT. is saying, but I await the arrival of a CB....
'The Bulldog'
16-07-2009, 02:16
Juve wants to keep Molinaro and De Cegile (more a of LM than a LB) and with Cannavaro who needs to realize that he is just not the same player, to hold the hand of Chiellini, who has not had the best of seasons (last year) and with their starting RB being Grygera.
This is the defense you fear? Buffon has been average this last year, and somehow Ferrarra has to put together Diego, Melo, Sissoko, Giovinco, (which can be done) but still have to balance Camo, while he says he wants Nedved back, and you're telling me that Juve is LIGHT YEARS ahead of us? Of their strikers, only Del Piero and Amauri are worth anything. Iaquinta is a great super-sub but nothing else and Trez is missing something, maybe it's confidence?
The only place where I think Juve beat us are in the midfield. However, from what I hear from the Milan players about Leonardo's change in the squad, and how everyone is equal, makes me think we'll be able to squeeze a lot more out of our players.
To Inter, Inter are so dependent on Ibra and Maicon it defies logic. I have been talking about how they need someone in the middle of the park to do something, and that is the one thing that Mourinho is being denied.
Mourinho is going to be forced to deal with Mancini, Quaresma, Suazo (glad we didn't get him), and a broken down Kerlon (for youth purposes). So really now, are you that worried still?
Inter are workman-like, they just get stuck in a get results against the small teams. That's their secret and that's the only thing that has held back Milan under Carlo. I am a big Carlo fan and the one thing I can say against him is that he continuouslly underestimated and fostered the lack of urgency and desire to drive forward against those small teams.
I used to hate the idea that we are "good as we are" because we aren't. However, I think Milan is not in dire need of a lot of signings. I think we need a LB and a striker. However, Boriello thinks otherwise.
I remember saying earlier that all I wanted was Leonardo to come out and tell me the sort of things that I want to hear, hear about the new system, his ideas, and finally it is happening, and I can't lie, I am glad to be proven wrong about him. He seems to be taking charge, he's strict and he's treating everyone on the same level.
Did Milan under-preform the last two years? Yes. Could that be part of the complacency under Carlo? I am beginning to think that it might be. I also think that Carlo leaving, on the other hand, was a big part of Kaka leaving, but that is another point.
When we talk about Gorky being some sort of savior, and blaming the management, this is where I think we have to blame Gorky for being a coward. Galli flew down to France and obviously knew Carlo was leaving, knew that there would be an opening for him, for him to rise to the top and take a starting spot. He didn't take it because he is a COWARD. So I don't want him either, and like many have said here before, no one CARED that his loan agreement had a 15 million attached buy-out clause, because he SUCKED in our red-and-black.
If Antonini can play like he did, and Zambro gets pushed to the left, I'm not so sure how serious a LB is for Milan at this point. I do think, however, that big signings will have to be made next summer, not this summer.
I think Leonardo will be assessing what he needs during the next few pre-season games. That is why Milan is waiting, because frankly, what is the point of buying players when Leonardo hasn't seen the players everyday in the form of a trainer, and what would be the point of giving him new weapons that he thinks he might not need? Ever think of that?
Anyways. The same things are being said over and over and over and over again and it gets boring. Milan is not going down the respect in other people's eyes. I don't see why you think that, I guess because you're talking to your Inter friend that you believe that, then, well Milan will always be on the downside, even when we win CLs and they steal scudettos.
Did you ever think that maybe Leonardo has more faith in Boriello than Dzeko or Fabiano? Maybe he sees Antonini as a better candidate than Cissoko? Maybe he thinks Pirlo deserves a greater chance than Hernanes? Maybe Pirlo has to go for Hernanes, but that's all, in his opinion? Maybe? Just a thought.
We have great players young stars here at Milan: Pato, Flamini, Thiago Silva, Albertazzi, Paloschi (at Parma) and I don't see why Abate and Di Gennaro can't do the same. Remember, just because you were a Italy U21 star doesn't mean you're going to be a star later on. Pippo was an average U21, Quagliarella never played for them, neither did Luca Toni, or Antonio Di Natale. I also don't remember a certain Fabio Grosso ever been an Azzurini either.
So look, calm down. Yes, you have the right to voice your frustrations and anger, but at the same time, I have the right to voice my call for calmness.
Barca, after two years of unimpressive play, sold their best player (which was Ronaldinho at the time) and relied on their young, yet sometimes inconsistent Messi. We sold our best player, Kaka, who has had two not-so-Kaka seasons, and will rely on our young, sometimes inconsistent Pato. Henry was a flop his first year and became a hit in his second year, I hope that Ronaldinho does the same thing.
Sure, we're not the same as Barca, but look at how much better their players played just because they got a new coach. Sure, Barca will be able to rely on those players longer than we will be able to rely on ours, but I think the point of the matter is that we have to have the belief in our players, because no matter how much you wish Kaladze and Seedorf to go, they're going to be here. I personally HATE Kaladze, but I'm going to support them, because they are wearing our red-and-black and we have to be the one's supporting them, because no one else will.
If they are willing to stand up and be counted, as fans, so should we.
Great post Sami...:cheers:
Our wide def are average. Janku can't start again. All our positions need strengthening unfort dur to bad management.
AC Milan Target Hernanes Is Available For €10m - Report
The all-action midfielder could be acquired for much cheaper than previously thought...
15 Jul 2009 18:25:32
Photo GalleryZoom
Hernanes - São Paulo
Related Links
Teams
Milan
Sao Paulo
Players
Hernanes
Hernanes' reported valuation has fluctuated over the course of the last year as Sao Paulo attempt to hold onto their man, but the news from Brazil is that an offer of only €10 million will be sufficient for the 24-year-old.
An anonymous source close to Hernanes has told the Brazilian daily O Estado de Sao Paulo that "If Milan were to offer €10m for Hernanes today, Sao Paulo would rush to sell him."
Milan have been following Hernanes for some time, and their general director, Ariedo Braida, is currently in Brazil to start negotiations. While they have been put off Hernanes by his price-tag in the past, they could swoop if the source's information turns out to be accurate.
Sao Paulo have endured an awful 2009 thus far, despite winning their third consecutive Brazilian title. Since then, they lost to Corinthians in the Sao Paulo state championship semi-finals, to Cruzeiro in the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores, and have fired manager Muricy Ramalho.
The Tricolor Paulista are languishing in 14th place in the national championships, some 10 points behind leaders Atletico Mineiro, and it would be another huge blow should Hernanes leave this summer.
Milan, however, would view his signature as a massive boost ahead of the new Serie A season. After losing Kaka to Real Madrid and potentially Andrea Pirlo to Chelsea, Hernanes could perform admirably in either an attacking or defensive midfield position.
Anthony Wright, Goal.com
Ex-Inter Striker Adriano Could Join AC Milan - Agent
After revealing he is planning a return to Italy, Adriano's agent today said the player may even opt to join Milan, arch-rivals of his previous club Inter...
15 Jul 2009 20:33:30
Photo GalleryZoom
Adriano - Flamengo x São Paulo
Related Links
Teams
Flamengo
Inter Milan
Milan
Players
Adriano
Yesterday Adriano's agent Gilmar Rinaldi revealed there is a plausible chance that the former Inter striker will return to Italy after his stint in Brazil with Flamengo. Today Rinaldi got more specific about what club the Brazilian could be joining.
"He is doing well, but he could return to Italy," he reiterated to Telelombardia. "There are also some options in Spain and I think he's considering it. When he was at Inter, there was talk he could join Milan, he could go there in the future."
In the past it was said that Adriano would feel much more at home at Milan than at Inter, as the Rossoneri have many Brazilians in their team, while the Nerazzurri have always had a strong Argentinean contingent over the last few years.
The most recent high-profile case of an Inter player directly joining Milan was striker Christian Vieri, who left the Nerazzurri for their cross-town rivals in 2005, but he was unable to reproduce his form with Inter for the Rossoneri.
Danilo Pochini, Goal.com
Udinese Star Gaetano D’Agostino Attracted By Milan Option – Report
The talented midfielder has discussed the latest rumours linking him to the Rossoneri.
16 Jul 2009 01:11:11
Photo GalleryZoom
Udinese ace Gaetano D'Agostino in action for his side
Related Links
Teams
Milan
Udinese
Players
Gaetano D'Agostino
Gaetano D’Agostino has been tipped to leave Udinese since the start of the summer, but it is becoming increasingly likely that he will stay put this season.
After his proposed move to Juventus fell through, the 27-year-old was set for a switch to the heavyweights of Spain's Primera Division, Real Madrid. However, following some interrupted negotiations, the Merengues pulled out of the race.
The latest reports have suggested that Milan are now interested in acquiring the player's services, especially considering the ongoing speculation surrounding the future of Andrea Pirlo.
D’Agostino is pleased to have been recognised by such a prominent club as the Rossoneri; however, he declared in a recent interview that he was unsure as to what would eventuate.
“I honestly do not know anything regarding Milan and their interest in me,” D’Agostino affirmed to the Milan Channel.
“Sure, it is nice to be approached by one of the most prestigious clubs in the world, but for now I will be staying at Udinese.
“I am very pleased to be considered by the Milan fans as someone who they would like to have at the club. That means that I must have done something good.
“But again, unfortunately, I do not know anything about this.”
Adrian Del Monte, Goal.com
Look at what a Milan fan said about the potential transfer of Dida to "Corinthians" for their young GK....
Rama Jakarta
05:44 16 Jul 2009
I'd swap him for a bag of peanuts... or 1/4 crate of bananas... or Adriano (if this last one happens, I would kiss Galliani's stinky feet).
:ilol:
You don't think that if Milan were to sign Fabiano and a good fullback they could challenge Inter for the Scudetto?
Yes, Milan could, even now they could. But the chance is not as big as when Milan keep Kaka, buy a very good CB, a good fullback, a CF and a creative midfielder. Those are many players but that what Milan must pay for what they have been doing since Calciopoli : very bad transfers (overall).
Again, third only by Serie A's unusual tiebreaker. Milan was level on points with Juve despite an injury-ravaged season. Now players are healthy again.
Yeah, alibies can be found anywhere and anytime. :)
That's true, but on the other hand -- and more recently -- Juventus finished eight points and two spots ahead of Milan in 2007/08. This past year they finished tied in points. That would seem to indicate that Milan gained quite a bit of ground. ;)
LOL. So you still don't get it? Milan did very bad transfer campaig since Calciopoli especially after they won CL 2007. The difference between Juve and Milan in that time : Juve tried to keep their best player and improve the team. In the other hand Milan always think they are full of champions (read : arrogant). They just make the team weaker by having many problems.
Any player that comes by the end of July will have four weeks to prepare for the season. A player who comes on the transfer deadline will be up to speed in a matter of weeks and will still be able to contribute for almost the entire season. It happens all the time.
What the point of this? Please read again my post.
As an example, Robinho was a last-minute transfer from Real Madrid to Manchester City last year. He scored goals in his first two matches for City and four in his first six.
No one said a new player can't play well if they came late.
It's football, not rocket science.
I never think about rocket science, you are the one who can think so far away from football. :)
So, for me end of discussion since the topic of the discussion is spreading pretty far.
Honestly, Milan could have won the Scudetto last season had it not been for a patch-work defense. A lame defense means an inconsistent squad as a whole, and that is exactly what happened last season....
As Rick said before, yes, we could seriously challenge for the title if our defense was properly sealed up (That should have been done months ago dammit!)..... To win the Champions League however, we would require some serious attacking talent like Kaka (or Gourcuff....:()
I am not meaning someone like Boriello, but a player who, from his own skill, can control the pace and way the game is played. Pirlo and Dihno can provide that (atleast they used to...), but they need to work fu#*@ng hard if that is to happen!
P.S what is wrong with Hernanes? Selling him for 10 million means that there must be some kind of problem? Maybe another Cissoko case?
ACMILAN1983
16-07-2009, 03:41
Eric, I believe the Hernanes case is to do with Sao Paulo letting go of Hernanes for 10m is to do with them being realistic about price (many saying that Ramires going for 7.5m is an indicator of the Brazilian market right now) and his drop in form over the past year. It could also well be that he wants to leave for Europe.
Anyway, I think the argument here is valid from both sides. Those who say the squad is incomplete and the management really have to get into gear are correct, our squad is relatively weak compared to where we need to be (to be fit to at least compete in Scudetto and CL).
It's not so much just a case of the first team missing players (which it is), but the squad in general needs strengthening to have depth, so should players be missing we have good backups or we can rotate.
That said, Rick makes a good point, the market will continue until the end of August and we should wait to see what management do in that time. It is ideal to get reinforcements early so they can gel into the squad, but should Galliani's prediction be correct and market prices drop next month, then I can't blame him for playing the waiting game. In the end, it just means new players will have to work that little extra to gel or we'd have to wait roughly an extra month for them to gel.
However, looking at the market I know what my immediate targets would be. Hernanes for 10m is an immediate purchase AND I'd look to keep Pirlo. Fact is Gattuso's been out over half a season now and on his return has looked out of sorts. In the past 2 years he's been off form for one, was amazing for about a 1/3 and then injured the rest of the time, which isn't a good indicator for the new season. With Hernanes we can use Flamini in Rino's if need be and Hernanes alongside him. In addition, should we fail to secure a fullback (a role we need for a starting position imo), then we may be forced to use Flamini in the wide areas again, thus having Rino and Hernanes in midfield.
Some can argue I'm not factoring Ambrosini into the picture, but I consider his inconsistency pushing forward and inability to cover ground like Rino or Flamini reasons to not consider him a regular starter in one of the midfield roles.
After/Along with Hernanes I'd target Santacroce as an immediate target. I know I've gone on about him for half a year to a year now, but let's be realistic, the guy is currently valued at around 6m according to reports and his starting role at Napoli is in jeopardy due to the arrival of Campagnaro and Zuniga. He looks prepared to move (as his agent confirmed), so not going for him is just stupid.
Quite frankly, the thought that we could secure two important forward thinking acquisitions for less than 20m is enticing and surely a must for the club if possible.
Then we'd need a striker and a starting fullback imo. I simply don't trust Borriello as a regular yet, and even if he comes good, we need more than Pippo on the bench. As for fullbacks, I'd like to believe Albertazzi is our next Maldini or our equivalent of Santon, but realistically it's unlikely and I simply don't believe Janku or Antonini are good enough to regularly play. Unless the management know something we don't about what we have (read: Albertazzi), we need a new fullback. I've mentioned Flamini can play the role too, but I'd rather not go into contigency plans before the season has started.
Gabriel489
16-07-2009, 03:48
IF Barcelona offered 15Mil last season and Sao Paolo said no. And now Sao Paolo is selling him for 10Mil, if I am Pep, I will send in an offer right away.
Rick and Samueldinho, to be honest, you two are just really really optimistic about next season. Hope you are right though, but I would not expect much from the team at this point.
And I think someone said it right, there are three clubs that stated Milan offered were cheap. Thats just does not happen at all. SO it is either Milan are really being cheap or the other clubs are asking for too much.
As for the transfer market being slow. Thats true to some extend, but Real, Juve and even Inter are already done with what they need, now they are getting players who will just be icing on the cake. ManU is bascailly waiting for Robben or Snejider or Hunter from Real. ManCity is busy but then again, they will always be busy until they win something. Arsenal got their man in Jan and I think they will submit an offer for Hunter once Ade is officailly gone. Pool has no money or else they would not sell Keane back in Jan. Genoa, Palermo and Napoli all upgraded their team already. Roma and Viola are the only big teams in Italy that had not done anything. Then there is MIlan who recalled two players back and signed Gooch.
Some might think this is a slow transfer market, but to me I just think there are less sellers than buyers. As team would rather keep their players and make a run at CL than cashing in on them now. After all, next year is WC year and players tend to play better than their level and on top of that, if those players perform well in WC, their prices will be at least 40% higher.
One last thing, to anyone who uses Real as an example of being cheap b/c they did not bid like 30MIl for Xabi, well, they just spent 200mil on four players, I would not call that being cheap.
Rossoneri Fuego
16-07-2009, 04:26
hey look at like this people L.FABIANO (28) is good okay but at 18 MILL!?...
then if only ADRIANO (27) can only keep his head straight it would be a
amazing pick up, no injuries he's lost weight supposedly? why not?...
if he's cheap and i also would like to know would it be a free transfer from
flamengo oh and about the back 4 i hope god listens to us and
jaku doesn't start anymore
Christian
16-07-2009, 04:36
I honostly don't think that we need any more question marks, and let's face it, Adriano has been a mess for far longer than Ronaldinho. Still just the idea of getting him for free, and having him return to his best would be absolutly hilarious. Imagine Merdatti if he fulfilled his talent at Milan instead of Inter.
ACMILAN1983
16-07-2009, 04:36
Just read this blog about Juve, but certainly this definitely applies to us.
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/gs46.html
And as for Adriano, quite frankly it's too big a risk now.
hitmannq8
16-07-2009, 04:50
Adriano would have been nice a few years ago when Kaka was here. What we need now is a guarantee rather than a risk. We are already taking enough risks with Leonardo and Ronaldinho, I think its time we try to sign something concrete. And yeah I agree with everyone that we have come an embarrassment to the world (mainly due to Galliani's ways of negotiation).
And guys keep in mind that when we sold Kaka, we also freed ourselves from the highest paid player in the world, so we made quite alot of money as well. Not to mention the sales of Gourcuff, Shevchenko as well, and the CL win 2 years ago. I'm convinced we have plenty, plenty of money... We just don't know in who's pocket it is all going..... If they want to buy cheap players then they should already start by getting Santacroce and Rosina, if they want world-class strikers then its about time they open their wallets and buy someone like Dzeko or Aguero (and what the hell has happened to the money that Atletico owe us?).
You guys are in the middle of long-ish discussions so I will not jump in right now. But good posts and nice to see such discussions back in here.
So today we are linked with all the players, you just imagine and he is linked with AC Milan. In reality probably Milan will make another bid ( as tuttomercato says ) with 18mln for Fabiano. And we'll go for Hernanes when we sell Pirlo.
Aldough I was hugely dissapointed with Pirlo is past 2 years and his attitute ( not only the way he "moved" ), I think that this year we'll need Pirlo and that, in my oppinion, Milan needs both - Pirlo and Hernanes.
We have lost a lot of quality and replacing player for player will not help us much now. If Hernanes is really available for 10 mln, not to buy him would be a sin. But we probably offered already all the 4mln we have :)
Season will be long and its dangerous to rely on Seedorf, Dinhom, Ambro to be capable of playing huge ammounts of games. We could use bigger number of quality players in smaller number of games, so that we use quality and not only quantity.
Plus, the football Leo intends to play, looks like 2 touch modern stile football. Assuming and looking at the trainings that he uses now. But you cant play that with washed out players.
Also there is a rumor that Eto'o was in Milano... For me he is a complete beast and a Cf capable of scoring 25 goals anywhere, but his wage demands are sick.
About Dinho's form - be real, the treviso boys had no right to touch him, that game is not a standard for anything. Plus, he was horrible for first 40min.
EDIT:
Hitmann - we have so much money that Milan can buy almost any player in the world. But now Milan owrks like economical firm, without loses. Which is also a question becouse to me it seems we work to be in plus even, not just on a zero point.
There will also be 20mln now for CL, maybe Pirlo money etc. those statemants about crisis, money problems etc are simply lies in which Berlusconi says he is done with spending his money on Mlan. In today's football, and with such "brilliant" scout/GM as Galliani, that means no more CL suscess in this club.
Eric, I believe the Hernanes case is to do with Sao Paulo letting go of Hernanes for 10m is to do with them being realistic about price (many saying that Ramires going for 7.5m is an indicator of the Brazilian market right now) and his drop in form over the past year. It could also well be that he wants to leave for Europe.
Anyway, I think the argument here is valid from both sides. Those who say the squad is incomplete and the management really have to get into gear are correct, our squad is relatively weak compared to where we need to be (to be fit to at least compete in Scudetto and CL).
It's not so much just a case of the first team missing players (which it is), but the squad in general needs strengthening to have depth, so should players be missing we have good backups or we can rotate.
That said, Rick makes a good point, the market will continue until the end of August and we should wait to see what management do in that time. It is ideal to get reinforcements early so they can gel into the squad, but should Galliani's prediction be correct and market prices drop next month, then I can't blame him for playing the waiting game. In the end, it just means new players will have to work that little extra to gel or we'd have to wait roughly an extra month for them to gel.
However, looking at the market I know what my immediate targets would be. Hernanes for 10m is an immediate purchase AND I'd look to keep Pirlo. Fact is Gattuso's been out over half a season now and on his return has looked out of sorts. In the past 2 years he's been off form for one, was amazing for about a 1/3 and then injured the rest of the time, which isn't a good indicator for the new season. With Hernanes we can use Flamini in Rino's if need be and Hernanes alongside him. In addition, should we fail to secure a fullback (a role we need for a starting position imo), then we may be forced to use Flamini in the wide areas again, thus having Rino and Hernanes in midfield.
Some can argue I'm not factoring Ambrosini into the picture, but I consider his inconsistency pushing forward and inability to cover ground like Rino or Flamini reasons to not consider him a regular starter in one of the midfield roles.
After/Along with Hernanes I'd target Santacroce as an immediate target. I know I've gone on about him for half a year to a year now, but let's be realistic, the guy is currently valued at around 6m according to reports and his starting role at Napoli is in jeopardy due to the arrival of Campagnaro and Zuniga. He looks prepared to move (as his agent confirmed), so not going for him is just stupid.
Quite frankly, the thought that we could secure two important forward thinking acquisitions for less than 20m is enticing and surely a must for the club if possible.
Then we'd need a striker and a starting fullback imo. I simply don't trust Borriello as a regular yet, and even if he comes good, we need more than Pippo on the bench. As for fullbacks, I'd like to believe Albertazzi is our next Maldini or our equivalent of Santon, but realistically it's unlikely and I simply don't believe Janku or Antonini are good enough to regularly play. Unless the management know something we don't about what we have (read: Albertazzi), we need a new fullback. I've mentioned Flamini can play the role too, but I'd rather not go into contigency plans before the season has started.
Yes, for sure Hernanes would be an immediate purchase for 10 million if everything is still NORMAL...... Keep Pirlo as well? Maybe.....
In fact, if the Hernanes we get is fine, sell Pirlo for 25 million or so, as so we can spend properly on a striker and a CB. What you said is great, but where the hell would we get the money needed for a prospect like Santacore? I prefer Italian CBs over Brazilian ones such as Miranda.... Let's face it: Hernanes is a young emerging talent who is more rounded than Pirlo in the roles he can play. pirlo, unless he can experience some kind of wonderful renaissance, is a dying force. Better cash in on him right now whilst we can..... To be honest yet harsh, perhaps it was the right time to cash in on Kaka as well.... He was injury riddled yet still massive offers were coming in. We also had the perfect replacement in Gourcuff, but of course you know what happened there..... Undertstandibly, some will diagree!
Trust me, Flamini is a man of ambition, which is why he left Arsenal. He won't put up playing in defense regularily, but atleast he is an option.....
Happy to hear about our chase for the Corinthian GK..... Hopefully, we can lift the burden of Dida off our shoulders by including him in a swap.....
Might be a bit harsh, but his masisve wages no longer match his contribution. Many other players in our squad are like that as well!:argue:
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 05:38
**** Inter just bought Lucio!
It's time to panic (joking!)
:dconf:
Calcio Debate EXCLUSIVE: Milan Have No Money, Andrea Pirlo Will Leave & They Won’t Qualify For Champions League
Goal.com Italia editors Fabrizio Ponciroli and Sergio Stanco explain the economic problems behind Milan’s miserable summer, and advise all Rossoneri supporters to fear the worst next season…
16 Jul 2009 11:00:17
Photo GalleryZoom
Milan's injury-plagued superstar Andrea Pirlo (Grazia Neri)
Related Links
Teams
Chelsea
Milan
Milan fans have had to look on enviously as Juventus and Inter splash the cash this summer. The Bianconeri have conducted a truly outstanding campaign thus far, signing Brazilians Felipe Melo and Diego, as well as Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro. Inter, meanwhile, have strengthened by snapping up Genoa star duo Diego Milito and Thiago Motta.
The Rossoneri, though, have made just one purchase – 27-year-old United States defender Oguchi Onyewu on a free transfer from Standard Liege. The signing of Porto left back Aly Cissokho fell through in mysterious circumstances, with many arguing that Milan invented a problem with the Frenchman’s teeth in order to try and lower the transfer fee.
Speculation has been widespread that Milan are in serious debt, and that it is unlikely that much of the €68m received from Real Madrid for Kaka will be spent on new players. Fans are becoming restless, with riots in the fashion capital, and Milan's chances of success this season look slim at this current moment.
Goal.com Italia editors Fabrizio Ponciroli and Sergio Stanco, who are both close to the situation at Milan, can exclusively reveal what is really going on. And it is depressing reading…
“Milan have no money,” asserted Ponciroli.
“They sold Kakà because they needed money and they have no money to invest.
“Unfortunately, Milan will be just a ‘normal’ club for the next one or two seasons.
“President Silvio Berlusconi has a lot of problems in Italy and he can't help Milan, as he has done in the past.
“I don’t think Milan will qualify for the Champions League this year.”
Stanco is also less than optimistic over Milan’s short-term future.
“One of the most important problems at Milan is not that Berlusconi doesn’t have money, but that he won’t spend it,” he explained.
“The economic crisis that we are experiencing is hurting everybody, and the head of the Italian government, who has a public position, must be an example to his country.
“Moreover, he has many companies. How can he say to people: ‘sorry we have to fire you in order to spend millions of euros on players for Milan’?
“Even Berlusconi’s children won’t allow him to spend money on Milan, and they are always telling him to sell the club.”
So, if Berlusconi has no intention of spending any more money, thus ensuring that Milan have no chance of challenging for major honours, why will he not entertain the idea of selling the club?
“Berlusconi loves Milan, it is his creature,” Ponciroli stressed.
“In Italy he is best known as President of Milan. He will never sell Milan.”
This is a view echoed by Stanco, who added: “Milan is Berlusconi’s toy.”
“Even if he did want to sell, no one would want to buy an Italian team in the current climate. There are too many problems, and too few profits.
“If a rich Sheikh came to Italy to try and buy a club, it is hard to see everyone allowing it to happen for obvious reasons. Once one club is sold, then all the others will have to sell too in order to close the gap.”
So how much money, if any, will Milan actually spend this summer?
“A maximum of €12-15 million,” believes Ponciroli.
“Only Luis Fabiano can arrive, and I believe that Andrea Pirlo will also be sold to Chelsea.”
Stanco has offered Milan fans slightly more hope, but only slightly. “It's really difficult to forecast who Milan will buy because it's Berlusconi's toy,” he continues.
“He always says he will buy nobody (pressed by his family) but at the end (as occurred with Alessandro Nesta and Ronaldinho) he treats himself to a gift.
“Having said this, I think this summer it will be very difficult to spend much. If they sell Pirlo, which I believe they will, it is possible they could then go and invest €30m in the market.
“They will only buy a forward like Luis Fabiano, and a cheaper, younger Pirlo replacement, like Hernanes or Cristian Ledesma, who will become a backup for Clarence Seedorf. If there is still money, maybe a left back can arrive."
With Milan falling significantly behind Inter and Juventus, the likes of Napoli, Genoa and Palermo conducting excellent transfer campaigns, Fiorentina still competitive, and Roma ready to bounce back, the Rossoneri could be facing the very real prospect of not only another trophyless campaign, but a failure to make the Top 4 in Serie A too.
What are your views on Milan’s financial problems? Is the Rossoneri’s short-term future at stake due to their transfer struggles? Will they fail to qualify for the Champions League next season? Goal.com wants to know what YOU think…
Carlo Garganese, Goal.com
Sh$t Si%t Sh$t!!!!
BREAKING NEWS: Bayern Munich Defender Lucio Joins Inter - OFFICIAL
Bayern Munich have confirmed Brazilian defender Lucio will join Inter on a three year deal...
16 Jul 2009 11:28:56
Photo GalleryZoom
Bundesliga: FC Bayern München - Eintracht Frankfurt, Lucio (firo)A statement on the German club's official website reads:
"After a trophy-laden five-year spell at Bayern, Brazil captain Lucio is leaving Munich to join Italian champions Inter.
"On Thursday, the centre-half and the FCB board of directors agreed to cancel the player’s contract ahead of its scheduled expiry on 30 June 2010.
"The 31-year-old, who will sign a three-year deal with the north Italian club coached by Jose Mourinho, moves for an undisclosed fee.
"Lucio switched to Bayern from Bayer Leverkusen in summer 2004. In the last five seasons, the Brazilian scored seven goals in 144 Bundesliga appearances for Munich. He was part of the league and cup double-winning sides in 2005, 2006 and 2008."
Full Report To Follow...
Ah well, he is far from a gun CB, but still good.... Would have been happy to have him mysefl for Milan....
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 05:50
Another smart signing from Inter. They are building an awesome team, and they have kept their best players.
Like a proper big club.
Milito, Motta, and now Lucio. All solid signings.
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 05:54
Hhaahahaha Oh my god i am laughing right now out of nerves,Inter bought Lucio,and we got Onyewu,while our defense is more **** then theirs,hahahahaaha what the **** can we do.....If that interview of goal.com contains the truth then were serious ****ed!
Another smart signing from Inter. They are building an awesome team, and they have kept their best players.
Like a proper big club.
Milito, Motta, and now Lucio. All solid signings.
I guess the Calcio Debate really sums up Milan and the short-term future. Berlu, it's no longer a matter of maintaining your image mate! Can't you see you are risking a symbol of soccer? I beg you to leave or start to atleast give more attention..... You may be busy, yet Galliani is doing little in your abscence....
Hhaahahaha Oh my god i am laughing right now out of nerves,Inter bought Lucio,and we got Onyewu,while our defense is more **** then theirs,hahahahaaha what the **** can we do.....If that interview of goal.com contains the truth then were serious ****ed!
We have been discussing this for ages.....
In truth, having Hernanes at a 10 million price tag means we can keep Pirlo as well. There is still PLENTY of Brazilian talent out there if our scouts are looking in the right places. They come cheap as well
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 06:00
But dont you know it already,they arent going to buy players unless somebody leaves!Hernanes IN,Pirlo OUT,thats the way they are going to do it,then they will also save money so that Berlu can stick it his pocket.
Berlu has to leave ASAP,Ultra´s in Milano have to stand up now
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 06:10
I guess the Calcio Debate really sums up Milan and the short-term future. Berlu, it's no longer a matter of maintaining your image mate! Can't you see you are risking a symbol of soccer? I beg you to leave or start to atleast give more attention..... You may be busy, yet Galliani is doing little in your abscence....
The thing is man, Berlusconi is sort of a criminal, who is the teflon don of politics. He has been accused of the most sordid crimes, but manages to somehow stay out of jail. He has been accused of bribing, for example. He is an embarrassment to many decent Italians. My friends who live in Italy are ashamed that he represents them in Europe. Still, his opposition is so impotent and third-rate that he looks like a proper king.
He is also a bigot with a paranoid level of obsession with communists. Like I'm talking about almost a throwback to the McCarthy era. He has managed to erode fundamental civil liberties in a modern, first world nation like Italy. I think their press freedom (considering how much he owns) is probably lower than some developing countries.
So, he will not leave not because he loves Milan (he probably doesn't love anything without inchoate mammary glands), but because he knows that Milan has not yet been exhausted of its political potential. I think selling to an Arab sheikhs, who in his universe represent a primitive culture (having orgies at villas is apparently progressive), is about as likely as him taking a vow of celibacy.
Moratti is certainly not as shrewd as Berlusconi, but he loves Inter, and his spending shows it.
So, I try to reconcile Berlusconi's wretchedness with my love for my club everyday. Sometimes my conscience cannot bear it. But I have been critical of him even when he was spending. If you expect a modicum of decency and honesty from Berlusconi, I would exhale.
Lucio??can it get anymore worse?
we needed lucio too..he would prefer joining us by miles instead of inter(as we have so many brasilians and Leo)..some here will start posting how he is old and not needed just like milito and motta..Wake up people..
we re becoming a middle class team,we dont have to w8 anymore,dont u see it?everyone is reinforcing so bad,and we lost our best player we have 80mil to spend,and we cannot convince any team for any player,all of them are talking about insulting offers..
Lucio??can it get anymore worse?
we needed lucio too..he would prefer joining us by miles instead of inter(as we have so many brasilians and Leo)..some here will start posting how he is old and not needed just like milito and motta..Wake up people..
we re becoming a middle class team,we dont have to w8 anymore,dont u see it?everyone is reinforcing so bad,and we lost our best player we have 80mil to spend,and we cannot convince any team for any player,all of them are talking about insulting offers..
Please, I am beginning to regret posting the article about Milan's woefulness. We need to think of how to improve the team with the limited resources we have instead of being too much "doom and gloom." If Hernanes coming at 10 million is true, then we can keep both him and Pirlo. However, if Pirlo leaves, we can get ourselves a nice bonus such as a CB. Dida should leave now to swap for the Corinthian GK.
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 06:45
Inter is really strong now,Lucio,Motta and Milito those are players that are really adding something.
You can say everything you want about D.Milito,but truth is he scores 18 goals each season,look at his scoringcharts in Spain and in Italy.....
Motta is crap.
Lucio is a beast IMO,really really solid defender,i dont know how somebody can get past him without losing the ball,he is a rock.
We are screwed,i keep seeing stuff like Hernanes is 10 million so we will keep Pirlo!Well i dont think so,Hernanes coming means Pirlo going,period,even if Hernanes cost 1 million,the MGT will sell Andrea so that they can use the money for their pockets....or books....
by the start of season, if we can swap luiz felipe for Dida (GK), finalize the Fabiano deal and get hernanes (if rumours are true about the 10 million price tag), I will be happy....
If Pirlo leaves, we can reinvest the cash into a solid CB. If not, there are always cheaper Brazilian options. Still, we need someone with a better repuatation than Onyewu for our weak spot (the defence).... It is not as if Lucio to Inter is a fantastic move. I would be slightly dissapointed if he arrived at Milan, but perhaps my expectations are too high for Mialn's current spending levels....
This is my last post, so i'll be back tommorow. Have a nice day everyone, and try not to get too worried about our team whilst I am gone....:sagrin::5ok:
Please, I am beginning to regret posting the article about Milan's woefulness. We need to think of how to improve the team with the limited resources we have instead of being too much "doom and gloom." If Hernanes coming at 10 million is true, then we can keep both him and Pirlo. However, if Pirlo leaves, we can get ourselves a nice bonus such as a CB. Dida should leave now to swap for the Corinthian GK.
thats a thing i'm not buying mate..
Inter is really strong now,Lucio,Motta and Milito those are players that are really adding something.
You can say everything you want about D.Milito,but truth is he scores 18 goals each season,look at his scoringcharts in Spain and in Italy.....
Motta is crap.
Lucio is a beast IMO,really really solid defender,i dont know how somebody can get past him without losing the ball,he is a rock.
We are screwed,i keep seeing stuff like Hernanes is 10 million so we will keep Pirlo!Well i dont think so,Hernanes coming means Pirlo going,period,even if Hernanes cost 1 million,the MGT will sell Andrea so that they can use the money for their pockets....or books....
Calm down please.....:5ok:
I am sure 80 million is quite enough to balance the books already, and that MGT is not that evil and stingy (many of you will tell me otherwise. Don't worry, I don't like them either).
In fact, lat's face it. Pirlo is a dying force, and no longer controls the game with his brilliant passing. When he doesn't do that, his lack of defensive skills deems him almost useless on the pitch. Let Chelsea pay a good 20 million or more for the man, and also provide his masisve wages....
With the money gained, what CB do you want for our defense? I am confident there are many great defenders that come arrive with that money in our pocket. MGT won't risk pocketing that as well, or I fear the Ultras might burn Milanello down.....!
thats a thing i'm not buying mate..
Limited is an "understatement?"
Guys, you were disciplining me when I was bagging Berlu ealrier, but now after reading ONE article from ONE naive person on Goal.com, your pessimissim has increased rapidly. A top three finish is NOT far off in the stars if we can just get Fabiano and Hernanes.... A CB and a Dida swap will actaully see us putting pressure on the likes of Juve and Inter....
You guys talk as if we should be SERIOUSLY challenging for a title next year. How can, with an old team who came third last year, Milan win the Scudetto? We can't, bcs old players just don't improve much anymore. The answer is youngsters, and they require patience.....:finger:
Limited is an "understatement?"
Guys, you were disciplining me when I was bagging Berlu ealrier, but now after reading ONE article from ONE naive person on Goal.com, your pessimissim has increased rapidly. A top three finish is NOT far off in the stars if we can just get Fabiano and Hernanes.... A CB and a Dida swap will actaully see us putting pressure on the likes of Juve and Inter....
You guys talk as if we should be SERIOUSLY challenging for a title next year. How can, with an old team who came third last year, Milan win the Scudetto? We can't, bcs old players just don't improve much anymore. The answer is youngsters, and they require patience.....:finger:
personally i have never disciplined anyone for blamming the mgt..cuase thats what i ve been doing for a while..
"A top three finish is NOT far off in the stars if we can just get Fabiano and Hernanes...." man i know that,but you say it like its an achievement,for the love of god!!
we were wolrd champions 2 years ago,so yes i expect us to chalenge serie a at least,but we cannot chalenge it unless serious changes take place..and i am talking about chalenging the serie a,not winning it..
if we were under ancelotti,i would predict a fight for the 3-4 place for us the next year(miles behind juve and inter),but as i ve said i dont know how the team may react under leo..
ACMILAN1983
16-07-2009, 07:18
Yes, for sure Hernanes would be an immediate purchase for 10 million if everything is still NORMAL...... Keep Pirlo as well? Maybe.....
In fact, if the Hernanes we get is fine, sell Pirlo for 25 million or so, as so we can spend properly on a striker and a CB. What you said is great, but where the hell would we get the money needed for a prospect like Santacore? I prefer Italian CBs over Brazilian ones such as Miranda.... Let's face it: Hernanes is a young emerging talent who is more rounded than Pirlo in the roles he can play. pirlo, unless he can experience some kind of wonderful renaissance, is a dying force. Better cash in on him right now whilst we can..... To be honest yet harsh, perhaps it was the right time to cash in on Kaka as well.... He was injury riddled yet still massive offers were coming in. We also had the perfect replacement in Gourcuff, but of course you know what happened there..... Undertstandibly, some will diagree!
Trust me, Flamini is a man of ambition, which is why he left Arsenal. He won't put up playing in defense regularily, but atleast he is an option.....
Happy to hear about our chase for the Corinthian GK..... Hopefully, we can lift the burden of Dida off our shoulders by including him in a swap.....
Might be a bit harsh, but his masisve wages no longer match his contribution. Many other players in our squad are like that as well!:argue:
Quite honestly, despite the reports from goal.com (don't take their stuff too seriously), I think if Hernanes is available 10m then it shouldn't be unrealistic to be able to keep Pirlo. His salary is high, but there are names in our squad who I'd sell first with high wages (Dida and Kaladze come to mind immediately).
You've mentioned Pirlo is a dying force a few times lately, but are you sure this is the case? During last season he was one of our more consistent performers during the second half of the season (his form dropped mostly in the last few weeks). Tactically, he's been pinned to a single position which makes it more difficult for him and easier for opponents to stop him. For Italy, he is still one of the best performers everytime they play.
You must have seen the reports saying Santacroce is available for around 6m. I think even Milan can muster the funds for that much for a player of his calibre.
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 07:22
Change of tactics does miracles,i mean we dont have to see that ****ing boring X-mas formation anymore,for the love of god that was terrible to see.No more slowdorf in front with Kaka and Pato trying to score a lucky goal,no more bringing in a substitute in the final minutes to force something while we should have done that at breaktime..No more underperforming players who still keep their starting place because they are one of the favourites....
Oh and teams are interested in Viudez and Cardacio
It's funny. Lucio is 31. Diego Milito is 30. If Milan bought these players, everyone would be complaining that Milan only wants to buy 30-plus players with big names. Inter buys these players and it's a stroke of genius that signals the end for Milan. :sagrin:
Yes, Milan could, even now they could. But the chance is not as big as when Milan keep Kaka, buy a very good CB, a good fullback, a CF and a creative midfielder. Those are many players but that what Milan must pay for what they have been doing since Calciopoli : very bad transfers (overall).
Well, duh. Yes, if Milan had kept Kaka and brought in Fernando Torres, David Villa, Messi, Vidic, Evra, Mascherano, Casillas, the original Pele and Diego Frickin' Maradona they'd have a better chance of winning the Scudetto too. But that's not realistic in the current financial situation.
My point has never been that Milan can't get better by making some intelligent additions to the squad. My point is, has always been and will continue to be that the situation is not dire, the sky is not falling, the world is not ending and Milan will quite likely continue to be a great team in the future.
As for bad transfers since Calciopoli, yes, Milan has made a few. There's nothing we can do about that now and it serves no purpose to keep bellyaching about it. And Milan has made a few very good transfers as well, in case you hadn't noticed.
LOL. So you still don't get it? Milan did very bad transfer campaig since Calciopoli especially after they won CL 2007. The difference between Juve and Milan in that time : Juve tried to keep their best player and improve the team. In the other hand Milan always think they are full of champions (read : arrogant). They just make the team weaker by having many problems.
Okay, you keep harping on these bad transfer campaigns since winning the Champions League in 2007. Okay, so who were the bad acquisitions? Emerson? Yes, Milan should have left him alone. But it's not as though his meager 5 million euro transfer fee broke the bank. Ronaldo? Yes, he was a gamble, even at 7.5 million euros. And despite the fact that Ronaldo actually scored 9 goals in 20 games (a pretty good rate), he wasn't able to stay healthy. So I'll give you that one, even though, again, the transfer fee was pretty meager for a guy of his ability. But who else? What other bad acquisitions has Milan made? And what bad acquisition cost Milan so much money that it caused financial hardship?
On the other hand, Milan brought in Pato (a pretty fair acquisition if you ask me). They brought in Flamini, who I think is going to be a wonderful player for Milan. The added a solid veteran fullback in Zambrotta who played very well last year and was a big part of Milan's improvement in the table. They brought in Ronaldinho, who is younger than Barcelona's Xavi and will prove to you this year that he was a smart acquisition. They brought back Borriello after a marvelous season at Genoa and he will be a valuable player this year now that he's healthy again. They've signed Thiago Silva, a very promising Brazilian defender. They picked up Onyewu on a free transfer. And Milan is now doing something that all of you have been b1tching about for years -- signing talented youngsters (Zigoni, Berretta, Abate, etc.) for the future instead of 30-plus players on the downside of their careers.
So while Milan certainly could have done a better job in the transfer market in recent years, the situation is not as dire as some of you make it out to be. Milan is in a period of transition, but these things take time. It can't be done overnight, especially under the current economic constraints that are affecting almost all clubs.
Remember that patience is a virtue. ;)
It's funny. Lucio is 31. Diego Milito is 30. If Milan bought these players, everyone would be complaining that Milan only wants to buy 30-plus players with big names. Inter buys these players and it's a stroke of genius that signals the end for Milan. :sagrin:
just like i predected..
rick you keep forgetting one thing,they've been the champions for 3 years in a row while he had 2 bad years..we are the ones that have to reinforce,we are the ones that shouldnt sell our best players,as we are the ones that should close the gap..and personally i would be more than happy to get lucio and milito..as we too,needed them no matter what people may say..
age is not a big factor for me..we were the best team in europe and everyone was talking about how old was our average,honestly i never cared..i never cared that maldini(or cafu lets say) was 35,36 etc he was still one of the best,the same goes now for nesta..
and actually milito is 30(not that old),and lucio is 31 not that old too,especcially for a defender..
just like i predected..
rick you keep forgetting one thing,they've been the champions for 3 years in a row while he had 2 bad years..we are the ones that have to reinforce,we are the ones that shouldnt sell our best players,as we are the ones that should close the gap..and personally i would be more than happy to get lucio and milito..as we too,needed them no matter what people may say..
age is not a big factor for me..we were the best team in europe and everyone was talking about how old was our average,honestly i never cared..i never cared that maldini(or cafu lets say) was 35,36 etc he was still one of the best,the same goes now for nesta..
and actually milito is 30(not that old),and lucio is 31 not that old too,especcially for a defender..
So you want Milan to go back to the old strategy that everyone has been b1tching about for so long and continue to buy players who are 30 or older? Okay, fine. But is that really a long-term solution, or is it just the same old stop-gap measures that got Milan into the situation everyone seems to be ready to jump off a bridge over in the first place? You pay big money for Lucio and Milito, they have a couple of decent years, they start going downhill and then where are you? You're in the same situation of needing to overhaul an aging squad.
The fact that Milan has had two sub-par years (although, again, I can't stress enough that Milan actually improved significantly this past year over the previous one) is exactly why Milan should focus on bringing in younger talent and building a good foundation for the future, rather than continuing to plug gaps with expensive, established and aging stars. Milan needs to take a page from Alex Ferguson's book, not Jose Mourinho's.
Arildonardo
16-07-2009, 07:57
You can say everything you want about D.Milito,but truth is he scores 18 goals each season,look at his scoringcharts in Spain and in Italy.....
We bought Gilardino thinking he could score 23 goals per season because he did that in his last two seasons at Parma... Just kidding, Milito is an ok player.
Oh and teams are interested in Viudez and Cardacio
If Leonardo rotates the squad even a little this year then other teams will see some of our other players and may become interested in buying/swapping them. ancelotti didnt rotate enough. Im talking about the players who we dont desperatly rely on. If we sold/ terminated the following contracts surely we would have made more than selling Pirlo and Gourcuff.
Favalli, Kaladze, Bonera, Antonini, Oddo, Dida, Abate, Cardacio, Vuidez,
By my reckoning we must be paying these guys at least 25m in wages and that is probably less than the actual figure. Lets not even talk about their resale value or trade potential.
Without the above players we would have:
3 goalkeepers
Abbiati, Kalac and Storari
6 defenders
Nesta, Zambrotta, Thiago, Oneywu, Jankulovski, Darmian
7 midfielders
Ronaldhinio, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Gatusso, Flamini, Di Ginaro
3 Strikers
Pato, Boriello, Inzaghi
That is a squad of 19 players, the maximum we can have for any Seria A game is 18 by the way. So by selling and saving on the wages of those above 9 players we would have an extra 25ish million to play with. With that and the 20m Milan are supposedly willing to spend we could make the following kinds of purchases:
Zapatta or Santacrocce (18m), Cissokho (12m) and Hernanes (15m) and TRUST Boriello.
The following summer, we could look to make further savings having already reinforced by selling and saving on the wages of:
Jankulovski and Seedorf.
Gabriel489
16-07-2009, 08:14
For once, I would actually be happy if Milan signed Lucio and Milito.
As I still think Santacroce and Zapata are still one to two years away from ready to make the big jump to a big club. And Milan need short term solution in CB as NEsta was injured all of last season while T. Silva is still an unknown. It would make sense to get Lucio now and then sign Santa or Zapata 2-3 yrs down the line.
As for Milito, he will just add depth to the strikers unit. To me not a bad 3rd or 4th options.
I think Cardaccio and Viudez are looking at loan deals, which is a good idea. I'm not sure it would be good for Milan to just give up on them so soon.
I'm not sure why you would want to get rid of Abate or Antonini.
Filipéz 182
16-07-2009, 08:18
So it's all about Kaka then?
And who is this dead wood you're talking about? Of the players who are actually likely to play significant roles for Milan, who is it that you think is incapable of contributing? And it's not like all the Barcelona players are all 25 and under, you know. Henry will soon be 32. Puyol is 31. Abidal will soon be 30. Marquez is already 30. Some other key Barcelona players are in their late 20s. Did you know that Xavi is actually older than Ronaldinho?
I do agree that Barcelona is capable of winning the Champions League and La Liga again with the squad they have, but I also think Milan is capable of winning Serie A with the squad they have (as Milan has no Real Madrid to deal with, only fairly mediocre Inter and Juventus).
isnt the sale of kaka a valid point for wanting some decent signings? we've just lost the player who handed us our last CL! it was a one man show. and he's gone now. I think we need a really good mercato to make up for the loss of kaka.
yes we have many (expensive!!) deadwood in our squad. dida, kalac, kaladze, favalli, oddo, seedorf. expensive players who add nothing to the team and should be replaced in a perfect world, but it aint gonna happen.
BTW barca just signed maxwell, an excellent transfer if you ask me :)
Filipéz 182
16-07-2009, 08:24
I just had to... I'm getting sick and tired of all those whining people that have written the same posts 154 times about the bad state we're in, and that we haven't signed 17 new players at a total of £349 million so far in this transfer window... :grinser:
most crappy post in this whole thread! if you read the post of the people here then you'll see that nobody wants totally unrealistic things about spending more than 100m!!! the only thing people ask is 3-4 Good signings! and after the sale of kaka that isnt too much too ask!! so dont be mister wise guy please
Filipéz 182
16-07-2009, 08:31
he two clubs finished level on points. If Italy used the same tiebreakers as England and Spain, it would have been Milan who would have been declared runner-up. ;)
I had to laugh hard when I read this when galliani said this. I called him an idiot, I wont call you that becouse I respect you :)
BUT!! MILAN PLAYS IN ITALY!!!!!!! the rest doesnt matter!
isnt the sale of kaka a valid point for wanting some decent signings? we've just lost the player who handed us our last CL! it was a one man show. and he's gone now. I think we need a really good mercato to make up for the loss of kaka.
yes we have many (expensive!!) deadwood in our squad. dida, kalac, kaladze, favalli, oddo, seedorf. expensive players who add nothing to the team and should be replaced in a perfect world, but it aint gonna happen.
BTW barca just signed maxwell, an excellent transfer if you ask me :)
I suppose my memory of the Champions League and yours isn't the same. I remember Kaka being a big part, but I also remember 10 other players being on the pitch at any one time and contributing significantly -- as a team -- to the victory.
As for "decent signings," of course, everybody wants them. But for the millionth time, there is still a month and a half to go in the mercato. We don't know what's going to happen between now and then.
As for the "deadwood" you named, not a single one of those players is likely to be a full-time starter this year, but merely reserves. And I'd hardly call Seedorf "deadwood." He may no longer be a guy you want in there all the time, but as a substitute and spot starter, he can be extremely valuable. As for Dida, if they can work out this swap thing with Corinthians, that would be great. But he still proved to be valuable after Abiatti was injured, so there must be some life left in that wood. And it's a funny thing about Oddo. Before Milan bought him people around here had a huge erection for him. He seemed to be one of the players posters wanted most. People were thrilled when Milan bought him and then he played well in helping Milan to win the Champions League (oh, right, Kaka was out there all by himself, sorry, I forgot). Now, two years later, Oddo is deadwood. Great call Milan fans! :sagrin:
As for Maxwell, Barcelona hasn't actually signed him. They've only agreed to a fee. Maybe they'll find something wrong with his teeth. ;)
I think Cardaccio and Viudez are looking at loan deals, which is a good idea. I'm not sure it would be good for Milan to just give up on them so soon.
I'm not sure why you would want to get rid of Abate or Antonini.
Rather them than Pirlo
This season summer transfer make me quite upset. Everytime i read news it seems that all the player that linked to Milan just for their interest nothing concrete deal or offer has to be made, otherwise it is on-off deal which lead to dead end situation then the player not joining instead of their wishes to play for Milan.
If you see other serie A rivals especially Inter and Juve, it seem they have easier negotiation then they wrap up the deal within only 2-3 days, its kinda frustating. :dontkn: I do believe we need several players in order to meet our objectives for scudetto hopefully CL title also, but if like only CL spot is our objective then our current squad IMO is enough already with Gooch and 1 more signin
I had to laugh hard when I read this when galliani said this. I called him an idiot, I wont call you that becouse I respect you :)
BUT!! MILAN PLAYS IN ITALY!!!!!!! the rest doesnt matter!
But you miss the point. Everyone is in panic because Milan finished in third and therefore isn't as good as Juventus, but it was third only by a technicality. Had the tiebreaker been different, Milan would have been second only by a technicality. The fact is that Milan and Juventus finished in a tie for second. So for the 2008-09 season, Milan and Juve were equals. Tiebreakers don't change that in any way except for accounting purposes.
Rather them than Pirlo
Depends on what you get for Pirlo and who you replace him with. :w200:
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 08:49
Luis Fabiano blames Milan
Thursday 16 July, 2009
Luis Fabiano again begged Milan to increase their £12.5m offer to Sevilla, but Adriano Galliani insists “we’ll wait for the sales.”
The Brazilian is very eager for a move to San Siro and would be available for around £16m, considerably less than the buy-out clause of £25m, but the Rossoneri’s bid was considered “ridiculous and insulting” by Sevilla.
“My assistant has already done his part, but now Milan must do the rest,” warned agent Jose Fuentes.
“I hear from Rossoneri sources that they are preparing a second offer, but I hope it’s not too late. If I’m perfectly honest, £12.5m for the first choice centre-forward in the Selecao is a bit cheap.
“Luis Fabiano is proud of Milan’s interest, as they are one of the biggest clubs in the world. But this is precisely why we think a side of this level should not stop at such a low offer.”
The accusations of being ‘cheap’ do not appear to have damaged Milan Vice-President Galliani.
“It just means we will wait for the sales. Prices have already started to fall,” he said.
channel4
But you miss the point. Everyone is in panic because Milan finished in third and therefore isn't as good as Juventus, but it was third only by a technicality. Had the tiebreaker been different, Milan would have been second only by a technicality. The fact is that Milan and Juventus finished in a tie for second. So for the 2008-09 season, Milan and Juve were equals. Tiebreakers don't change that in any way except for accounting purposes.
But the tiebreaker isn't different, and thus Milan finished third.
They were also miles away from Inter.
In other news, Inter are close to securing Hleb (channel4).
Jay Crisp
16-07-2009, 08:50
But you miss the point. Everyone is in panic because Milan finished in third and therefore isn't as good as Juventus, but it was third only by a technicality. Had the tiebreaker been different, Milan would have been second only by a technicality. The fact is that Milan and Juventus finished in a tie for second. So for the 2008-09 season, Milan and Juve were equals. Tiebreakers don't change that in any way except for accounting purposes.
Yes but we sold Kaka lost Maldini and our coach and Juve have added Canna good for a year and Diego + Melo who are quality.
Filipéz 182
16-07-2009, 08:53
I suppose my memory of the Champions League and yours isn't the same. I remember Kaka being a big part, but I also remember 10 other players being on the pitch at any one time and contributing significantly -- as a team -- to the victory.
As for "decent signings," of course, everybody wants them. But for the millionth time, there is still a month and a half to go in the mercato. We don't know what's going to happen between now and then.
As for the "deadwood" you named, not a single one of those players is likely to be a full-time starter this year, but merely reserves. And I'd hardly call Seedorf "deadwood." He may no longer be a guy you want in there all the time, but as a substitute and spot starter, he can be extremely valuable. As for Dida, if they can work out this swap thing with Corinthians, that would be great. But he still proved to be valuable after Abiatti was injured, so there must be some life left in that wood. And it's a funny thing about Oddo. Before Milan bought him people around here had a huge erection for him. He seemed to be one of the players posters wanted most. People were thrilled when Milan bought him and then he played well in helping Milan to win the Champions League (oh, right, Kaka was out there all by himself, sorry, I forgot). Now, two years later, Oddo is deadwood. Great call Milan fans! :sagrin:
As for Maxwell, Barcelona hasn't actually signed him. They've only agreed to a fee. Maybe they'll find something wrong with his teeth. ;)
I hope we could hijack that Maxwell deal! as he is a brilliant player IMO.
I never was a fan of Oddo, though he did play a decent half season when we signed him. But at this point I want him to leave as I really believe he has nothing to add to our team. I'd rather kept Mattioni :)
Dida is OK as 2nd goalkeepr, but he is by far the most expensive goalkeepr in the world (4m!!!! a year). and isnt money our main problem for our bad mercato so far?
Yes there were 10 other players on the field, but if we wouldnt had kaka (like we do now!) we wouldnt have won the CL! that is something I 100% believe him. he was instrumental in the celtic game, the final, vs man utd...
And its true we still have (more than) a month left for transfers, but so far its been crap. and thats why I and most other milan fans are worried. not only becouse of our inactivity but also becouse the same thing happened in recent mercatos in the summer. I dont have the total believe that milan will make everything OK in the last month of this mercato. and and OK mercato with the loss of kaka isnt signing fabiano, onyewu and t. silva. we need more! and it doesnt look good IMO.
but if we've got Hernanes, Rossi, Santacroce and cissokho by the end of august I'll shut up and praise the management :D:p017:
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 08:58
Rick i just want to say that it WAS true that Juve isnt light years ahead of us like some people mentioned,thats just pure crap.But now they are ahead of us because they signed Diego AND Melo AND Canna(one year solution but still...)and we lost Kaka.
So yes they are ahead of us now,you have to admit that,plus they have a major talent in Giovinco who will be more on the pitch then last year.
Also,like i said before the Fabiano saga is like the one of Cissokho,both the players are upset with Milan and both the agents are saying that the negotiations are still on(while they are acctually dead)and that Milan has to offer more....
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 09:00
Oh and one more thing Rick,yes everybody wanted Oddo,he came and he was one of the best RB in the world,being also a regular starter for Italy,and then he became crap,thats the story,he had one crap season with us,but the whole team was crap so we couldnt blame him really,but then he went to Bayern and still performed crap(please dont tell me he did fine there because i saw him play and if he really was good then Bayern would have kept him by spending a small 5 million,but he wasnt worth it).
Its a mystery wat happend with Oddo,i dont know,but he is crap.
Gio-mania
16-07-2009, 09:12
I understand all those who are p*ss*d with the management, and really, I dont see how one could possibly be happy with it.
But the thing is, in any case, whether or not the management is doing it because we actually are in the red or if they want to put money in their pockets, whether or not Berlusconi doesnt care about Milan any more or if he has gone insane, we are on a budget..... We will spend at most 20 million euros.
That rules out pretty much any forward we are linked with or any quality forward.
Personally, seeing Hernanes price of 10 million, which seems too low to be true after the Sao Paolo president was *1tch*ng about selling him for 40 million, I would buy him and then a CB or LB for the money left. That way maybe we could play with 4-5-1 formation...
Of course, maybe Leonardo probably has other plans, but Im just saying that that is what I would do. I would much rather have a solid defence than an attack with Luis Fabiano (assuming we can rip him for 20 mil).... Luis Fabiano still hasnt proven anything (IMHO), especially in Serie A. Boriello is maybe a safer bet.
In anycase, the point is, like it or not (I dont see how anyone could possibly like it :p), our budget is 20 mil.
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 09:14
Forget about Cissokho,Lyon has agreed terms with Porto,its almost official
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 09:17
There is only one man who can save us:
http://www.soccerbro.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ronaldinho-fat.jpg
Dutchie-Milan
16-07-2009, 09:20
It seems that Huntelaar is rejecting bids from Tottenham and Stuttgart because he wants to go to Milan,Milan is still keen on Dzeko and will be untill he signs a new contract with Wolfsburg,so the Dzeko-door is still open,if Galliani wont sign Dzeko or Fabiano untill August then Huntelaar is heading towards us in a loan-deal with a option to buy or a permanent deal worth around 16 million....that are the reports
Nella partita tra il Siviglia ed il Milan per il passaggio in rossonero di Luis Fabiano in questo momento la palla in mano ce l'hanno i meneghini. Lo ha ribadito l'agente dell'attaccante brasiliano, intervenuto ai microfoni di Radio Zero: "In questo momento è il club di via Turati che deve fare un passo avanti - ha affermato Josè Fuentes -. Noi siamo in attesa, vedremo se è possibile chiudere l'operazione".
Il procuratore del verdeoro ha invitato il Diavolo a stringere la trattativa con la società andalusa e ha detto di comprendere le richieste del presidente biancorosso Josè Maria Del Nido: "Lo capisco. Il valore di un attaccante della Seleçao non è quattordici milioni di euro. Secondo la mia opinione personale il suo prezzo di mercato è di venti milioni".
Depends on what you get for Pirlo and who you replace him with. :w200:
Would you honestly rather keep Abate and Antonini for the bench and sell Pirlo so we can buy a replacement.
The clever thing would be to keep Pirlo and whoever comes.
You just keep banging on about 3rd place and tiebreakers. Even if we finished 2nd we are still to far off Inter Milan the team you claim to be medoicre.
The truth is you have settled for mediocrity and have convinced yourself we are great. You have the Galliani flu.
In anycase, the point is, like it or not (I dont see how anyone could possibly like it :p), our budget is 20 mil.
Finally some perpective. We are poor, lets not try and pretend otherwise.:1old:
Kaka1899
16-07-2009, 09:32
There is only one man who can save us:
http://www.soccerbro.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ronaldinho-fat.jpg
Hasan i thought it would have been this man
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/Pippo357/Berlusconi_fa_kaka.jpg
Rick, signings of Amoroso, Vieri, Sheva, Emerson etc. have nothing to do with high class and completely fit Lucio and Millito. Just like our signing of Stam had nothing to do with an "old player".
Players Galliani brought and we called washed up were actually pathetic, while these 30 year old players are top class players who are right now ready for top football. Old players Galliani brought ( not Stam and Cafu ) were not capable of top football anymore. Not even Ronaldo.
So things you say are 100% not true.
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 09:36
There are several things I am really optimistic about :D:
1) I honestly feel Ronaldinho can be a top player this year, putting in virtuoso performances
2) Borriello will also have a good season
3) Pato will improve further
4) Thiago Silva will be the pacey centerback with a sense of distribution that we have sorely lacked
5) Nesta will play 70% of the games
If all of the above materialize, God willing, then we can win the Scudetto. Of that I am confident.
Hasan i thought it would have been this man
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/Pippo357/Berlusconi_fa_kaka.jpg
At this stage, he would be a good addition to the squad. :D
Finally, I also want to add that though I stand by about what I think of Berlusconi, I do feel management are unwilling to be taken for a ride. Like someone astutely said, we don't have that much money, but I also think this lament of poverty is posturing. I really hope I am right about that. I think in early August things will gather pace.
While I don't think they will address all the issues of the squad, we will buy 2 players, a woefully inadequate number, but one that should at least mollify some fans.
Blacktop
16-07-2009, 10:57
I suppose my memory of the Champions League and yours isn't the same. I remember Kaka being a big part, but I also remember 10 other players being on the pitch at any one time and contributing significantly -- as a team -- to the victory.
Amen, brother.
Gio-mania
16-07-2009, 11:02
There are several things I am really optimistic about :D:
1) I honestly feel Ronaldinho can be a top player this year, putting in virtuoso performances
2) Borriello will also have a good season
3) Pato will improve further
4) Thiago Silva will be the pacey centerback with a sense of distribution that we have sorely lacked
5) Nesta will play 70% of the games
If all of the above materialize, God willing, then we can win the Scudetto. Of that I am confident.
If all 5 points work out, then yes, we can challenge for the scudetto for real, maybe even win it.
But if just one of those things doesnt materialize, we are effed.
Jay Crisp
16-07-2009, 11:05
Luis Fabiano again begged Milan to increase their £12.5m offer to Sevilla, but Adriano Galliani insists “we’ll wait for the sales.”
The Brazilian is very eager for a move to San Siro and would be available for around £16m, considerably less than the buy-out clause of £25m, but the Rossoneri’s bid was considered “ridiculous and insulting” by Sevilla.
“My assistant has already done his part, but now Milan must do the rest,” warned agent Jose Fuentes.
“I hear from Rossoneri sources that they are preparing a second offer, but I hope it’s not too late. If I’m perfectly honest, £12.5m for the first choice centre-forward in the Selecao is a bit cheap.
“Luis Fabiano is proud of Milan’s interest, as they are one of the biggest clubs in the world. But this is precisely why we think a side of this level should not stop at such a low offer.”
The accusations of being ‘cheap’ do not appear to have damaged Milan Vice-President Galliani.
“It just means we will wait for the sales. Prices have already started to fall,” he
Channel4.com
We are actually bidding a bit low for Fab but again the name of the club is being dragged through the mud and Gallis comment at the end is priceless he really should not speak EVER
Gio-mania
16-07-2009, 11:12
Kakà surely played the biggest role in our latest CL victory.
But as Rick and Blacktop agree, the other 10 players (and the subs too, actually) were extremely important.
I remember, amongst other things, the semifinal versus Man Utd... Gattuso totally neutralized and destroyed ''Mr. Ninety-Four Million". Seedorf was also very good. Superpippo was the king of the final. The whole team put a brilliant effort.
Kaka1899
16-07-2009, 11:28
Anybody considered Mancini from Inter on loan? he is Serie A proven and would give us something extra out wide
johncharles365
16-07-2009, 11:49
I can't see what Milan can do with Mancini with players like abate and pato offering more speed and skill. Inter will most likely want to sell the player i don't think a session long loan is feasible and if they do sell Mancini it will be to west ham or genoa inter have learnt to not sell players to Milan with the likes of Pirlo being completely transformed in a Milan shirt.
ZvonimirBoban
16-07-2009, 11:54
Something is seriously wrong at Milan, and I am genuinely afraid about the future of my club. If that makes me poor company, then I apologize.
Sincerely forgive you, because you asked it. :sarcasm:
Serie C here we come!!
Yeah......
Actually I have no ambitions in mercato. I'm not a frustrated coward who will dump the club I supported just because they bought no one. Even if they sold their starting XI, Milan will always be Milan for me, that's how I love my club, but anybody could love their clubs as they wish too.
Brasileiro
16-07-2009, 11:59
I'm surprised you say this despite the guy owning us whenever we played Napoli. We needed him sent off before we could do anything in terms of offense. I clearly remember Dinho really struggling to get past him. I won't say that I watched him play week in week out, but in matches against the big teams of Italy, he always did well.
Mystik, you clearly didn´t understood what I wrote.
When I said the hype, it wasn´t a to bash on the player. The hype is because he´s even called the new Nesta, the future of Italy defense...there was no negative in what I wrote.
I said that a hyped player like him, can´t be bought by only 6 millions...I just can´t believe it will be so cheap.
Hope you get my point...
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 12:04
Galliani says Pirlo will stay, and we are good as we are. Negotiations are at a standstill for Fabiano.
calciomercato
ZvonimirBoban
16-07-2009, 12:14
It's funny. Lucio is 31. Diego Milito is 30. If Milan bought these players, everyone would be complaining that Milan only wants to buy 30-plus players with big names. Inter buys these players and it's a stroke of genius that signals the end for Milan. :sagrin:
As usual, mate... the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...
Jay Crisp
16-07-2009, 12:20
^^^ But we are good as we are then again if they have no expectations I suppose they are right we are good but it will be a struggle to get in the top 4 as the chasing pack have bought wisely IMO time will tell , well Im ready for the new season Id still love to see the books I can't Imagine that a club who wins the CL twice , the scudetto , the Euro Super Cup twicw the Coppa Italia and the Club World Championship in the last nine years added to that a team which makes between 250 - 290 million in each of those years and makes nearly 200 million in transfers is in such bad shape that clubs like burnley , and , Espanyol West Ham , can spend more money although its not hard to spend more than nothing , well Il always follow Milan and who knows we might be surprised .....Fukit I wanna see those BOOKS!!!
It is an entirely possible situation that we might not get anybody. I have given up all optimism. Berlu intends to sacrifice Milan on the altar of 'saving Italy' one way or the other. If we do win stuff well he'll look like a fantastic businessman who can produce no matter what. If we are crap....imagine him addressing the nation telling the Italians that 'his beloved milan has suffered immensely due the recession but as a (great leader) he put Italy before football etc'....he'll look like a hero/martyr.
Okay, let me try to explain to some of you what's actually going on here. For a variety of reasons (some bad decisions, a propensity to hold onto older players, Berlusconi's involvement in politics that prevents him from throwing money at the club during a bad economy for the sake of appearances, the bad economy, missing the Champions League for a year, etc.), Milan found itself in financial difficulty. We can b1tch and complain and whine about this and the reasons for it all we want, but the situation is what it is. Nothing we can do or say will change that.
Because of the debt, Milan felt it needed to sell Kaka. Most of you disagreed with that decision, but you don't own the club and what's done is done. Kaka is a Real Madrid player. Milan needed the money from Kaka to balance the books. Otherwise, they wouldn't have sold him (Silvio is not stealing from the club as some of you suggest. Why should he? He has the whole Italian government to steal from! :D). And because of that, Milan doesn't plan to spend all the money from the Kaka and Gourcuff transfers to buy new players this summer. So dreaming about Milan making big money signings right now is a nice dream, but it's not a realistic dream.
The Milan squad needs a facelift. Many of you who are now b1tching and complaining about the situation have been saying for years that Milan needs a facelift. You're always talking about getting rid of the old players and getting new, younger ones. The problem is that Milan can't throw money around like Real Madrid.
SO HERE IS MILAN'S PLAN FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS. GET USED TO IT!!!
1. For the next couple of seasons, Milan's goal is to finish as well as possible with a minimum cash outlay. Milan wants to challenge for the Scudetto, of course, and thinks this is a reasonable goal considering that Serie A is not strong right now. But Milan will be satisfied with a top 3 finish and a good showing in the Champions League because that will help the cash flow.
So it's unrealistic to expect Milan to spend more than 20-25 million euros or so this summer unless Pirlo is sold. That's why Milan doesn't want to spend that much on Fabiano. They would rather have some money left over for, say, a left back or something. That's why they only wanted a loan deal with an option to buy on Huntelaar. So if Sevilla doesn't come down more in price on Fabiano, Milan will wait until next year when they can buy Dzeko (their first choice anyway) for his 20 million euro buyout. In the meantime, Milan might look for another striker on loan, go with a cheap option like Adriano (in hopes he can get his act together) or just stay with the forwards already in the squad while waiting for Dzeko next year.
2. Milan wants to transition from an old squad to a young one. This is something that actually should make most of you very happy. The problem is that this can't be done overnight because it costs money.
If Milan goes with this low investment/decent result strategy for the next couple of years, a lot of the older guys such as Seedorf, Kaladze, Gattuso, Pippo, Dida, Favalli, Ambrosini, Jankulovski, Zambrotta, etc., will come to the end of their contracts. I understand that most of you want to sell them now, but that's not realistic because other clubs don't want to pick up their big contracts and because some of them just don't want to go (especially if it means taking a pay cut). So even if Milan were to sell them, they would have to agree to pick up most of their salaries (while paying still other players in their place). By letting their contracts run out, Milan can release them and be under no further legal contractual obligations.
In the meantime, in case you hadn't noticed, Milan is adding young players at the fastest rate I can recall. Bringing back Abate and Di Gennaro. Buying Zigoni, Beretta, Marcus, Dal Compare, Barbini, Sampirisi, Gava, Iobbi and Tonolini. Milan will spend the next 2-3 years developing those players, along with guys such as Paloschi, Aubameyang, Viudez and Cardacio, so that some of them will be ready to step in and replace the old guys as their contracts run out. This, coupled with bringing in a few promising young players such as Dzeko, Hernanes or whoever, should give Milan a new, young, dynamic squad that hopefully can challenge for trophies for many years.
There is, of course, some risk to this strategy. But there's risk to every strategy. It's certainly less risky than just throwing good money after bad just to plug holes, which is what Milan has sometimes done in the past and would be the result of the panic strategy some of you seem to favor in your hurry to close out the mercato a month and a half early.
In closing, all this moaning and whining about hurrying up and signing players at the other team's price just so they can start training six weeks before the season starts is useless and counterproductive. It's short term panic at a time when Milan finally seems to be developing a more long-term strategy. You may not like what's going on. You might rather Silvio was throwing his billions around and Milan was acting like Real Madrid. But that's not how things are right now. The sooner everyone accepts the current limitations and tries to see things in a more long-term perspective, the less suicidal some may be. ;)
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 12:38
Of course Berlusconi's political position and the recession stop him from spending--we all know that.
No one wants to spend millions like Real. People want players we really need, who are, in all honestly, well within the price range of Milan.
But maybe that will happen in August...
Of course Berlusconi's political position and the recession stop him from spending--we all know that.
No one wants to spend millions like Real. People want players we really need, who are, in all honestly, well within the price range of Milan.
But maybe that will happen in August...
Which is exactly what I've been saying all along. :v103:
ZvonimirBoban
16-07-2009, 12:52
No one wants to spend millions like Real. People want players we really need, who are, in all honestly, well within the price range of Milan.
Even I don't know anymore how are the price range of Milan now.
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 12:52
Which is exactly what I've been saying all along. :v103:
Indeed. :D
Plus, I still believe in my 5 points:
1) Ronaldinho can be a top player this year, putting in virtuoso performances
2) Borriello will also have a good season
3) Pato will improve further
4) Thiago Silva will be the pacey centerback with a sense of distribution that we have sorely lacked
5) Nesta will play 70% of the games.
I just want Milan to minimize the impact by making some purchases if some of these things don't happen.
Even I don't know anymore how are the price range of Milan now.
I think the debt was 65 million. So Kaka's sale pretty much covered that. So, now, with that money and Gourcuff's money plus the money that the club made last year plus the savings on salary by getting rid of Sheva and Kaka', for example, should give them at least 30 million to spend. So, Berlu does not really have to pour that much money in.
As usual, mate... the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...
That's always the case, for sure. :D
Indeed. :D
Plus, I still believe in my 5 points:
1) Ronaldinho can be a top player this year, putting in virtuoso performances
2) Borriello will also have a good season
3) Pato will improve further
4) Thiago Silva will be the pacey centerback with a sense of distribution that we have sorely lacked
5) Nesta will play 70% of the games.
I just want Milan to minimize the impact by making some purchases if some of these things don't happen.
I agree with this completely. And I do think Milan will bring in at least two players before the mercato closes, but they want to get the best price possible. Right now, the market is overinflated because of Madrid's drunken sailor's night on the town. Everyone wants to cash in. That's why few of the "big clubs" are doing much in the market just yet. But I'm confident that as August rolls around and clubs start feeling antsy, those prices will drop a bit. The market will still be too high, but in August it will be more reasonable.
I think the debt was 65 million. So Kaka's sale pretty much covered that. So, now, with that money and Gourcuff's money plus the money that the club made last year plus the savings on salary by getting rid of Sheva and Kaka', for example, should give them at least 30 million to spend. So, Berlu does not really have to pour that much money in.
I'm not sure just what the finances look like, obviously. I actually was thinking that the debt was supposed to have been around 60 million euros and was figuring based on that, but it might have been 65. I think Milan got about 83 for Kaka and Gourcuff. They spent 2.2 on Abate and some relatively small figure on Di Gennaro, as well as small sums on the bevy of primavera types that have been acquired this summer, but got a little back on players moving the other way. So I figured the player budget should be no less than 20 and possibly as much as 25. It's true that not having Kaka's salary will save some money, but that saving will be over the next year, so I would be inclined to budget that for next year rather than this year. As for Sheva, I really don't know what Milan was paying him during his loan year, but I can't imagine that Chelsea wasn't picking up most of the salary. But however you figure it, Milan should be able to afford a minimum of 20 million euros, so I would be surprised if at least two more players didn't come our way by the deadline. :w200:
Gio-mania
16-07-2009, 13:36
I second Rick's post. Spot on.
Jay Crisp
16-07-2009, 13:50
My God Rick that post was actually great your points are right the long term is far more Important than a quick fix I agree with everything you said spot on man. :p017:
I second Rick's post. Spot on.
Thank you, my friend. :1five:
I was just browing and ran across this. It seems Adriano's agent has confirmed that Milan has been in contact with him and that there is a chance Adriano could return to Italy in January.
Rinaldi esce allo scoperto: "Il Milan mi ha chiesto di Adriano"
Sarà l'Imperatore il colpo a sorpresa dei rossoneri?
16/lug/2009 19.23.26
La telenovela legata al ritorno in Italia di Adriano, si arricchisce oggi di una nuova puntata.
L'agente del giocatore Gilmar Rinaldi infatti, intervistato ai microfoni di Mediagol ha confermato la possibilità che il suo assistito possa far ritorno nella nostra serie A con il Milan che è parso molto interessato al giocatore: "Per adesso non c´è nessuna ipotesi che Adriano possa tornare in Italia a dicembre. Il Milan ci ha contattato per sapere se il giocatore aveva qualche clausola che gli impedisse di tornare in Italia e noi abbiamo risposto di no. Adriano, comunque, fino a dicembre vuole rimanere in Brasile".
Chissà che non possa arrivare dunque direttamente a gennaio l'attaccante di peso che Leonardo tanto aspetta.
English translation:
Rinaldi comes to light: "The Milan has asked me to Adriano"
the Emperor will be the surprise hit of rossoneri?
16/lug/2009 19:23:26
The telenovela to return to Italy by Adriano, is enriched today by a new episode.
The player's agent Gilmar Rinaldi in fact, interviewed the microphones of Mediagol confirmed the possibility that his client could return to our series A with AC Milan that seemed very interested in the player: "For now there is no possibility that Adriano will return to Italy in December. The Milan has contacted us to find out if the player had a clause that prevents from returning to Italy and we replied no. Adriano, however, until December to remain in Brazil.
"Who knows who can not get directly in January then the attacker weight Leonardo expect much.
http://www.goal.com/it/news/7/calciomercato/2009/07/16/1386537/rinaldi-esce-allo-scoperto-il-milan-mi-ha-chiesto-di-adriano
I actually think this might be a smart option to explore. There's no doubt the guy is massively talented. He's big, physical and skilled. He's only 27. He would fit well into Milan's current limited budget and free up funds for other acquisitions. There is an element of risk, of course. He has acted questionably in the past. But I suspect Adriano could be inspired by Leonardo and might prove to be a better teammate than he was at Inter. It would also be a great opportunity for him to prove himself again. If Milan signed him to a short-term contract -- say, 1 1/2 years -- for a moderate salary (which would still be a nice raise from what he would be making in Brazil), that would actually fit the time scheme of Milan's transition period pretty well. If he returned to greatness, Milian could try to sign him to an extension for a couple more seasons. If not, his contract could expire along with some of the others. I would see that as a low risk, high reward proposition.
My God Rick that post was actually great your points are right the long term is far more Important than a quick fix I agree with everything you said spot on man. :p017:
Thanks Jay! :1five:
I just want to know what some of you think what our CL victory season would look like if Kaka hadn't been there.......
I just want to know what some of you think what our CL victory season would look like if Kaka hadn't been there.......
As many people would tell you on this forum, it's all in the past already, so why worry about it?
But if you wanted a speculative answer, I'd say we would have gone out at Celtic. Arthur Boruc was and is still a very good keeper, much better than what we had between our sticks back then. Given that everything could have evened itself out, we would probably have been dumped out of CL there.
But as I said, its all in the past, so why worry?
Rick is making a good point about being long term, but with that said, I really have doubts we'll see anyone of quality coming in this mercato (call me a pessimist, I'd say I just have high standards :D).
If reports about Hernanes were true, that we could really get him for 10 Mil, I really don't think we would even be negotiating. We'd be able to get a future playmaker, keep our current one, and still have a minimum of 10 Mil to get whoever we wanted (Yes, Rick, I'm using your estimations :D). I don't see how that could be a bad deal for the future, specially if the other option means we grab Fabiano for like 17 Mil and have 3 Mil left for whoever we want.
That said, I really have my doubts about the 10 Mil rumour, so too with the Dzeko 20 Mil clause. It's all in the papers, can any of it be confirmed?
By the way, I really think Adriano would be a better alternative than Fabiano, given we'd probably not have to pay as much for such a risk (remember, we don't know how well Fabiano will adapt to Italy from Spain). It'd be kinda like Ronaldo, except he doesn't come completely out of shape :D. That would give us a much needed boost in cash for a better, quality player in whatever position my fellow fans here wish to reinforce.
P.s: I always felt that if Adri had come to Milan, then he would never have had the problems he had in the first place. Inter just has a knack of bringing out the worst in people, and it just doesn't suit some players natures.
To be optimistic about..........
...well what?
That we shall win the scudetto or that we shall be 3rd in the end?
I am not only optimistic, but really sure that Milan will be at least 4th in the end of this season.
But if we talk about the scudetto........:bri:
sheva-gila
16-07-2009, 15:09
life gouse on and I m sure we will play better without him this year than last year with him
ps remember we had him but we finished 5th so dont worry
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 15:22
I think this is Galliani's bedtime reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richest_football_clubs
No debt: the market's aphrodisiac.
Jay Crisp
16-07-2009, 15:44
I think this is Galliani's bedtime reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richest_football_clubs
No debt: the market's aphrodisiac.
So in April 09 we were debt free had we already sold Kaka then or were we ever in Debt interesting...:5dito:
Hasan Rossonero
16-07-2009, 15:48
So in April 09 we were debt free had we already sold Kaka then or were we ever in Debt interesting...
That is a good question--but the debt was real. I don't think Finnivest can make that up. Host of legal problems probably.
:5dito:
:5dito:
Jay Crisp
16-07-2009, 15:51
Yeah I knew but it was worth a thought anyway Im on a positive buzz since Rick's post made alot of sense bring on 09/10 FORZA MILAN:5schal:
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.