View Full Version : Summer mercato 2009
Gabriel489
29-04-2009, 09:37
But if he has a 12Mil release clause, then he must allow us to talk with Kjer
12M for Kjaer is a bit excessive, and if it's his clause, Palermo won't sell him for a lower price, so it will be 12M or nothing to have Kjaer.
But if we have choice, the best duo to buy is Agger-Santacroce instead of Agger-Kjaer (Danemark would be happy if we buy both) or Santacroce-Kjaer. Actually, from most of our options, Kjaer seems to be, not the worst, but the "less good" player.
12M for Kjaer is a bit excessive, and if it's his clause, Palermo won't sell him for a lower price, so it will be 12M or nothing to have Kjaer.
But if we have choice, the best duo to buy is Agger-Santacroce instead of Agger-Kjaer (Danemark would be happy if we buy both) or Santacroce-Kjaer. Actually, from most of our options, Kjaer seems to be, not the worst, but the "less good" player.
Actually, on behalf of the state of Denmark I hereby approve of signing Agger+Santacroce :hopefull:
Actually, on behalf of the state of Denmark I hereby approve of signing Agger+Santacroce :hopefull:
:D
What I meant is that for the national team, if two defenders of this NT (for Kjaer, I don't know if he is already a starte in the Dannish NT ?) are in the same club and of course play together, and play well together of course, it's perfect ...
So, what is the difference between Santacroce and Kjaer regarding the type and the quality of their play plus the talent of them? Anyone can help me to explain? :D
rinogattuso
29-04-2009, 11:20
Berlusconi: "I want a new cycle whit Milan"
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportmediaset.it%2Fcalcio%2Farticoli%2Farticolo22896.shtml&sl=it&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Maltese Charlie
29-04-2009, 11:59
There's nothing certain about Carlo staying despite the comments he is making. The only reason at this point I'd believe Carlo is likely to stay is because Pellegatti said it.
I think a decision about the coach and most of the players who are coming in and going out is taken already but it will not be published untill the end of the season.
Most of what we read in the papers are only speculations.
I think that certain hot issues are kept away even from Pellegatti and Suma.
So, what is the difference between Santacroce and Kjaer regarding the type and the quality of their play plus the talent of them? Anyone can help me to explain? :D
Santacroce just seems better and did more great performances than Kjaer this season.
What is the difference between Nesta and ... umh Terry ?
For me, it's the same difference between Santacroce and Kjaer (Kjaer's going to be a very good defender I think, but Santacroce could become the greatest defender in some years) !!
rosoneri_11
29-04-2009, 12:24
Hehe, dude, Trez, Sheva, Morientes and Adriano are all WC Forward.
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :pr78:
Milano84
29-04-2009, 12:32
I havent posted here in a long time, so hello to all again.
Just came across this and wanted some opinions on the player, peticularly from brasiliero who seems well informed...
BRAZIL/ PALMEIRAS, Keirrison is on sale
11:58| Eddy Akoglu | read 643
Palmeiras forward Keirrison (20) has decided not to renew his contract and is ready to leave. The youngster is tracked by AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid, but more European clubs could join the race to sign him in the coming weeks.
-------------
no renewal means his price will surely drop to what we want to pay. Im unsure how good he is, anyone want to inform me. Ive heard pippo/rvn comparisons of him being a bit of a poacher which isnt bad if its true....
IMO we'll make a run at a player like him or dzeko from wolfburg (who would give anything to play for milan). I really doubt management will sign trezeguet, although i wouldnt be surprised...Adebayor, who i would welcome is too big a splash ocnsidering cash constraints. I'd much rather make bigger offer at defenders we desperately need
ACMILAN1983
29-04-2009, 12:38
So, what is the difference between Santacroce and Kjaer regarding the type and the quality of their play plus the talent of them? Anyone can help me to explain? :D
A few things, Santacroce looks far better tactically and his positioning is also fantastic, though Kjaer doesn't look bad. Santacroce's man marking abilities are great, which for me Kjaer is yet to show. Physically, Kjaer looks bigger and stronger, making him a stronger defender, but Santacroce looks quicker and more agile, making him more readily available to adapt to various situations, which is definitely an area Kjaer needs to improve for me. I presume (can't be sure) Kjaer is stronger in the air, but on the flipside Santacroce's anticipation and reading of the game appears much better and in fact, this is why he appears a future star and is earning many comparisons with Nesta. Finally, on a technical level I've not seen Kjaer do anything particularly impressive and seems a fairly no nonsense player on the ball, but Santacroce has shown some great control and composure on the ball.
In short, Kjaer may be just under 3 years younger, but Santacroce is almost certainly the real deal as a future star, whilst Kjaer's shown potential, but at this point for me hasn't shown enough to suggest he'll be any better than another Martin Laursen.
I think a decision about the coach and most of the players who are coming in and going out is taken already but it will not be published untill the end of the season.
Most of what we read in the papers are only speculations.
I think that certain hot issues are kept away even from Pellegatti and Suma.
I agree that most of the decisions should pretty much all be made by the board, as to who will go and who will come in. I also think all the final decisions will be kept in secret too, purely because letting it all be known will affect the team between now and the end of the season.
My point was Pellegatti is the closest we have to an inside source to the club. While he is the biggest indicator so far to suggest Carlo is staying (I don't believe anything Carlo or Galliani say to the press), I think as far as we go, there's nothing to be certain of.
Diego linked with Juve, now it seems Xabi Alonso also.......something is cooking over there with the bianconeri.
I hope Milan board are also looking at some "star players" as well, because, next season, I wouldn't want to hear from Carlo: "They are the most consistent team this year." :d33:
Milano84
29-04-2009, 13:15
Diego linked with Juve, now it seems Xabi Alonso also.......something is cooking over there with the bianconeri.
I hope Milan board are also looking at some "star players" as well, because, next season, I wouldn't want to hear from Carlo: "They are the most consistent team this year." :d33:
our team is only "STAR PLAYERS" We need some young prospects with potential instead of washed up names like beckham, ronaldinho etc... and we need them in positions of NEED (CF, and especially Central defense).
as for diego and xabi alonso, juve have been on them for 2 years w/ no purchase..... juve is funny opposite of us. They keep signing CFs and DMs when they need creative players.... we keep signign creative players when we need CF and defenders
Brasileiro
29-04-2009, 13:31
I havent posted here in a long time, so hello to all again.
Just came across this and wanted some opinions on the player, peticularly from brasiliero who seems well informed...
BRAZIL/ PALMEIRAS, Keirrison is on sale
11:58| Eddy Akoglu | read 643
Palmeiras forward Keirrison (20) has decided not to renew his contract and is ready to leave. The youngster is tracked by AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid, but more European clubs could join the race to sign him in the coming weeks.
-------------
no renewal means his price will surely drop to what we want to pay. Im unsure how good he is, anyone want to inform me. Ive heard pippo/rvn comparisons of him being a bit of a poacher which isnt bad if its true....
IMO we'll make a run at a player like him or dzeko from wolfburg (who would give anything to play for milan). I really doubt management will sign trezeguet, although i wouldnt be surprised...Adebayor, who i would welcome is too big a splash ocnsidering cash constraints. I'd much rather make bigger offer at defenders we desperately need
Milano84, if I was Galliani, I didnīt spend money on Keirrison. The guy is unproved, and unlike Pato still didnīt delivered in BIG games. Look, Iīm not saying that heīs bad, just that he isnīt ready for Milan pressure
Heīs a pure goal scorer, but if I was him, stayed one more year in Brazil.
Btw, he īs owned by TRAFFIC, a huge Sports Marketing Company, and they have a great link with Barca. Canīt see anyone beating Barca if they really want this player...
Regarding Agger: With Canavarro leaving Real Madrid next season, and the possible Florentino come back, I have a feeling that Real will fight with anyone for Agger.
He will be the fancy name out there(Iīm not bashing the player), and I can see Florentino going for him.
rosoneri_11
29-04-2009, 13:37
I don't know who is the ideal DC for us, but if we want a striker tall,strong,quick,young and of course talented Adebayor is the best on the world.
I said tall because many here said that it would be better duo a tall striker with the short Pato(he is still young and can get more tall).
Milano84
29-04-2009, 13:38
Milano84, if I was Galliani, I didnīt spend money on Keirrison. The guy is unproved, and unlike Pato still didnīt delivered in BIG games. Look, Iīm not saying that heīs bad, just that he isnīt ready for Milan pressure
Heīs a pure goal scorer, but if I was him, stayed one more year in Brazil.
Btw, he īs owned by TRAFFIC, a huge Sports Marketing Company, and they have a great link with Barca. Canīt see anyone beating Barca if they really want this player...
who else is w/ traffic? Only brazilian at barca is dani alves and they paid a fortune for him..... anyway i see barca only going for a big name striker.
Pato wasnt necessarily proven on the highest stage. Yes in some u17 world cup stuff but did he really play much for internacional? I thought he mostly played reserve youth league being as he was... very young.
if hes a pure goal scorer he should be able to score anywhere and theres something to be said practicing w/ pippo could help him. How is palimieras doing in brazil right now?
I don't know who is the ideal DC for us, but if we want a striker tall,strong,quick,young and of course talented Adebayor is the best on the world.
I said tall because many here said that it would be better duo a tall striker with the short Pato(he is still young and can get more tall).
He's not so small and he won't grow a lot, maybe still 2-3 centimeters, not more !! :D
@rosoneri_11: Just joking, man ^^
Let's think about an 3 years old article :D
It still has a little meaning, isn't it ^^
Brasileiro
29-04-2009, 14:18
[QUOTE=Milano84;529473]who else is w/ traffic? Only brazilian at barca is dani alves and they paid a fortune for him..... anyway i see barca only going for a big name striker. Henrique, brazilian defender and Barca player now loaned to Leverkusen. Btw, Traffic is buying every player that they can here in Brazil...
They are really aggressive in Brazilian market...
Pato wasnt necessarily proven on the highest stage. Yes in some u17 world cup stuff but did he really play much for internacional? I thought he mostly played reserve youth league being as he was... very young.
No, Pato at 16 was already a top-3 player of Internacional first team. But most important, he was the man in international games and in Brazilian Championship. At 17, Pato was the principal player of Internacional first-team, and that(and his game) was the reason that at that time, I wrote here that he will be a world class player, and a must get purchase...
Keirrison until now only shined in State Championship, and even at Stateīs Champs he failed in big games. As I said, and to be fair, heīs young(20yold) but thereīs no way I spend a non-Eu spot on him...
Letīs wait to see if he can do good at Brasileirão or the Libertadores(if they can beat Colo-Colo today). Keirisson needs to show he can shine in a most quality competition...
if hes a pure goal scorer he should be able to score anywhere and theres something to be said practicing w/ pippo could help him. How is palimieras doing in brazil right now?
Yep, but he can be also a new Gilla...talented, but mentally weak. As I said, if I was him, I would play a Brasileirão for Palmeiras(Brazilian Serie-A) and show the type of player that I am. Until now, heīs more a Gilla than a Pippo...
Palmeiras will decide today if they can go for knockout stages of Libertadores against Colo-Colo in Chile. Nice game to see what Keirisson can do...
Also, thereīs a goal scorer in Colo-Colo that has amazing numbers. Canīt remember his name right now, but for the ones that like to know new names in South-America, this is one name to take a look...
[QUOTE]Also, thereīs a goal scorer in Colo-Colo that has amazing numbers. Canīt remember his name right now, but for the ones that like to know new names in South-America, this is one name to take a look...
Do you mean Lucas Barrios? He certainly fits the description for those who want a BIG striker...
Milano84
29-04-2009, 14:32
[QUOTE]
Keirrison until now only shined in State Championship, and even at Stateīs Champs he failed in big games. As I said, and to be fair, heīs young(20yold) but thereīs no way I spend a non-Eu spot on him...
Letīs wait to see if he can do good at Brasileirão or the Libertadores(if they can beat Colo-Colo today). Keirisson needs to show he can shine in a most quality competition...
can u explain the difference between brazilian championships tournaments... I'm confused which is highest and lowest....
Yep, but he can be also a new Gilla...talented, but mentally weak. As I said, if I was him, I would play a Brasileirão for Palmeiras(Brazilian Serie-A) and show the type of player that I am. Until now, heīs more a Gilla than a Pippo...
Palmeiras will decide today if they can go for knockout stages of Libertadores against Colo-Colo in Chile. Nice game to see what Keirisson can do...
Also, thereīs a goal scorer in Colo-Colo that has amazing numbers. Canīt remember his name right now, but for the ones that like to know new names in South-America, this is one name to take a look...
lucas barrios.... 24 year old argentine. He is tall and has apparently scored ALOT. Here r some references:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Barrios
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=95600&cc=5901
rosoneri_11
29-04-2009, 14:43
@rosoneri_11: Just joking, man ^^
Let's think about an 3 years old article :D
It still has a little meaning, isn't it ^^
Ok mate, sorry for the misunderstood! :smileani:
rosoneri_11
29-04-2009, 14:49
He's not so small and he won't grow a lot, maybe still 2-3 centimeters, not more !! :D
Well he is 19 and height 1.79m. You are right he is not so small, but not too tall.
His stats: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=93011&cc=5739
We are being linked the hottest propety from the french league at the moment. The guy is a revelation, hes a dynamic, skillfull and energetic midfielder who scores goals. Here is some info on him:
info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoann_Gourcuff)
By the way he scored two goals today in the title race to put his side 2 points behind the leaders and 5 points against Lyon who have dominated the league in the past few years.
Come on Milan, make it happen!!
Yes I've seen this man!! But back then he was a sub to Brocchi....
Christian
29-04-2009, 15:59
Yes I've seen this man!! But back then he was a sub to Brocchi....
THE Brocchi??
Milano84
29-04-2009, 16:23
THE MIDFIELD GENERAL (http://www.mrcalcio.it/wp-content/uploads/4351054.jpg)
Oh, no Brocchi, no Emerson, Flamini plays RB, he could be back now :diablo:
It is harsh to conclude that Milan do not favour the young. In fact, we could afford to take care of only one young player a year.
2002: Pirlo - successed (Pirlo was the heart of Italian U21, had talent but failed to show it at higher level)
2003: Kaka - successed (Was great in Brazil and WC2002 winner)
2004: F.Colocini - failed, we already have Maldini, Nesta, Stam, even Kaladze and Pancaro could play better than him (Costacuta, too).
2005-2008: "young" Gilardinho, he had his many chances, he played quite well, but not enough to be 1st Striker.
2006: Yoann Gourcuff, he ACTUALLY had his chances, and played not bad in 2006-2007, but he injured for too long. In diaster season 2007-2008, Milan could not wait him to improve.
2008: Pato - successed
So the improved and confident Gorky could play for Milan now, after his great time with Bordeaux, and Berlus/Galliani/Carlo are wise enough to realise (like Borriello).
And if we buy one or two defender, together with Thiago Silva, they MUST play, because we do not have any good and reliable oldies (Nesta in doubt), because of the money was and will be spent.
It is still early, but I think next season we'll see 3 young ones: Thiago Silva, one young defender and Gorky (or another defender if he will be sold to increase transfer budget)
Brasileiro
29-04-2009, 17:33
Do you mean Lucas Barrios? He certainly fits the description for those who want a BIG striker...
Yep, this guy was amazing against Palmeiras in Sao Paulo. Never heard of him before...
Brasileiro
29-04-2009, 17:57
[QUOTE=Milano84;529481]
can u explain the difference between brazilian championships tournaments... I'm confused which is highest and lowest....
I donīt know if in another place in the world it exist. But here, as the country is huge and is a tradition, we have State Championships at the start of the year.
Some examples:
Paulistão(Sao Paulo state championship): you have Palmeiras, Sao Paulo, Santos, Corinthians, Portuguesa, Ponte-Preta and more small teams.
Campeonato Carioca(Rio de Janeiro State Championship): Flamengo, Vasco, Botafogo, Fluminense and others small teams...
Gauchão(Rio Grande do Sul State Championship): Gręmio, Internacional, Juventude and others...
In every state of Brazil, at the start of the season, begins the Estaduais or State Tournaments. Its a tradition, but that several teams wants to finish. They want a Regional Tournament(South Championship, Southeast, Northeast...) at the start of the year. But the fight will be hard to win. So much political...
To be straight...Comparing with Europe:
Libertadores da America = Champions League
Sul Americana = UEFA Cup
In Brazil:
1- Brasilierão = Serie A
2- Brazil Cup = Italy Cup. Started with a zillion of teams, only knockout rounds.
3- State Championships: Sao Paulo is the strongest, after Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais and Rio Grande do sul are the next.
You canīt really judge a player in a State championship here in Brazil. Just if he really performs in the games against the big teams, because after that, the is a huge gap in level...
Hope to have been clearly :)
lucas barrios.... 24 year old argentine. He is tall and has apparently scored ALOT. Here r some references:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Barrios
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=95600&cc=5901
Yep, it is the guy. Thereīs also a talented midfielder in Colo-colo. But as Lucas Barrios, I canīt remember his name...
My favorite summer CB purchase is alex and santacroche,but both of them seem highly unlikely, I will be satisfied if we get lucio and kjear.since T-silva is speedy and skillful,he need a physical partner to deal with air ball games.and EPL big teams all use 2 physical CBs(ManU,liverpool,chelsea),it's like a morden football fashion.
I like kjear a lot, this kid has huge upside to go. strength,decent speed and agility for a 6'3,tactical reading,game composure,he got it all! I think he will be a vidic at least if there is no mental problem occurs.
Gabriel489
30-04-2009, 05:01
It seems like Lucio is coming for 5-7M, fair price for him and about the same price for that French CB too.
Maybe Santacroce and Zapata are really out of reach or not available.
Brasileiro
30-04-2009, 07:50
My favorite summer CB purchase is alex and santacroche,but both of them seem highly unlikely, I will be satisfied if we get lucio and kjear.since T-silva is speedy and skillful,he need a physical partner to deal with air ball games.and EPL big teams all use 2 physical CBs(ManU,liverpool,chelsea),it's like a morden football fashion.
I like kjear a lot, this kid has huge upside to go. strength,decent speed and agility for a 6'3,tactical reading,game composure,he got it all! I think he will be a vidic at least if there is no mental problem occurs.
The problem with Santa is that heīs a Napoli player...
Can see how mad people in Napoli will be with his player going to North Italy, and for Milan. We will need to spend and hope no other team enter the bid war. Because I have no doubt Napoli would love to not sell his gem to Milan...
This is the year to buy Alex: His contract finish in 2010; There is the World Cup coming, and Dunga already said to him that he needs to play to be called; Chelsea Bruce Buck said that they will sell 4 or 5 players this summer.
Now, thereīs Hiddink that was the first coach with courage to bench one of Chelsea legends CB, and put on the field the player that since last years is performing..But if he leave, I canīt see another coach with this type of courage. On the other hand, if Chelsea become CL champions, and with Carvalho injure history, maybe they can difficult a Alex purchase.
Another player that I really want to see in Milan is Aquilani(sp?). Heīs being injured a lot this season, but the guy have so much talent...Hope we have a chance to sign him...
Filipéz 182
30-04-2009, 08:18
Aquilani would be a brilliant signing. and he is having contract problems at roma, not everything is ok there for him, also even when he is fit he lost his place to the in form Brighi.
We should really go for Aquilani if he's available. A midfield with Flamini-Aquilani-Gourcuff and Kaka would have everything!
but we should also go for santacroce, who will be massive! Maybe Milan cant go for him but silvio does... Santacroce, Aquilani and G.Rossi would be the Italian core and heart of Milan for many years to come! OK I'll stop dreaming :)
Aquilani would be a brilliant signing. and he is having contract problems at roma, not everything is ok there for him, also even when he is fit he lost his place to the in form Brighi.
We should really go for Aquilani if he's available. A midfield with Flamini-Aquilani-Gourcuff and Kaka would have everything!
but we should also go for santacroce, who will be massive! Maybe Milan cant go for him but silvio does... Santacroce, Aquilani and G.Rossi would be the Italian core and heart of Milan for many years to come! OK I'll stop dreaming :)
He extended his contract a month ago ...
And he is too injury-prone to be a solution for our injury-prone team !!
our team is only "STAR PLAYERS" We need some young prospects with potential instead of washed up names like beckham, ronaldinho etc... and we need them in positions of NEED (CF, and especially Central defense).
as for diego and xabi alonso, juve have been on them for 2 years w/ no purchase..... juve is funny opposite of us. They keep signing CFs and DMs when they need creative players.... we keep signign creative players when we need CF and defenders
Actually.......Milan is "OLD star players" :wallbang:
If it were only "star players", things wouldn't be this way... :)
Milano84
30-04-2009, 21:53
Actually.......Milan is "OLD star players" :wallbang:
If it were only "star players", things wouldn't be this way... :)
i was unaware ronaldinho at 28 was old.
point is our best signings over last 6 years have NOT been stars.... both kaka and pato were great prospects but not star. Gourcuff another nonstar signing has shown every sign he will be a star. Going farther back, sheva wasnt a star, quaity and known yes... but not a star. Pirlo and gattuso were not stars when they come, just quaity prospects.
Its been the bigger name signings milan has made over the years who have generall flopped... rivaldo, ronaldinho, Rui costa
of course players like nesta and inzaghi r exceptions but milan needs to adopt a policy of signing quality younger players over proven vets or "names" players. but galliani is so concerned with image and marketing its ridiculous. I dont get it because this guy has ran our transfers esentially since the dutch trio of mvb, gullit, rijkaard and 1 really cant complain about milans signings overall over last 20 years. Milans policy has generally always been taking the star players from smaller leagues before they are known on the world stage and signing the best of italy...And this policy has always worked... we cant alays be aiming to take players from man utds or barcelona size clubs...
Something in his head has just gone wrong recently...
I agree, it only seems we differ in the "star" definition.
What I meant is that Milan should at least be present when "Diegos, Alonzos, Santacroces........" are mentioned.
Juve was also good in finding new players until calciopoli.
Sometimes Milan gets it right, sometimes Juve, sometimes neither :)
Zidane or Viera examples just show that one can never find a formula for ideal purchases....
Let's just think of some players - "stars": Van Basten, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Nesta, Stam, Davids, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Zambrotta.....
Old stars: Emerson, Cafu, Ronaldo, Beckham, Rivaldo......
Future prospects : Kaka, Pato....
What I mean, you have to be watching all types of players, not just focus on the young ones. The other thing is that Milan now has become too old and so should refresh the team with young blood.
:)
Heh, yeah! Juve was great. Their supporters love Molinaro, Tiago, Almiron, Grygera, Mellberg etc. Heheheheheh!
ACMILAN1983
01-05-2009, 06:27
Some news to raise the spirits of many posters here...
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/05/01/1239928/report-napoli-defender-fabiano-santacroce-on-milan-radar
Some news to raise the spirits of many posters here...
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/05/01/1239928/report-napoli-defender-fabiano-santacroce-on-milan-radar
Hehehe...I also just read that.
I dont' watch him often and I read in other forum that he did bad against smaller team in some games. Many fans here talked about his excellent performances against big team or in big stage but is it possible that the tactic of Napoli against big team (Napoli probably played defensive tactic?) helped him much to show kind of that performance?
ACMILAN1983
01-05-2009, 07:02
Hehehe...I also just read that.
I dont' watch him often and I read in other forum that he did bad against smaller team in some games. Many fans here talked about his excellent performances against big team or in big stage but is it possible that the tactic of Napoli against big team (Napoli probably played defensive tactic?) helped him much to show kind of that performance?
I've only really seen him have a bad period during the middle of this season, where he was out of the Napoli side for a week or two. However, that bad period generally coincided with when Napoli went into freefall and started losing every match, so clearly there was a bigger issue than Santacroce at play.
Besides that, I've never seen him really struggling, whether it be big sides or small. I think the reason it may seem he's better against big sides is he's thrown into the limelight when he does great against a top team, whilst doing the same job against a smaller side won't be picked up on as much.
Truth is, it's very difficult to find weaknesses in his game when watching him. He's got all the qualities to be a top player. The biggest weakness or criticism I can think of him is he needs to bring more discipline into his game (and possibly in his personality if rumours are to be believed). However, he's young and has time on his side, and to be playing at the level he does at his age is incredible, so much so that the last time I remember anyone coming through and playing with such quality at such a young age is when Nesta and Cannavaro were starting out.
I'm not usually one to rave on about a new defender looking like the next great star, but I'm convinced Santacroce will become a brilliant player unless something seriously goes wrong in his career.
Heh, yeah! Juve was great. Their supporters love Molinaro, Tiago, Almiron, Grygera, Mellberg etc. Heheheheheh!
Unlike our special moves: Ibrahim Ba (the second purchase), Emerson.....
What should Juve supporters do? If Molinaro was Milanista, all of us would support him. Did you hate Inzaghi or Seedorf when they played in rival clubs, and later you started to support them when they joined Milan......
You don't have to bash other fans, fans are all the same anyway.
Juve's supporters are just like Milan's, don't think that there's any difference.
My point was that all clubs sometimes miss on the players they get and sometimes it turns out great.....example: Kaka, Zidane
How old are you anyway?
Fret, no, no. You should read it: "Juve wasn't great at finding new players until calciopoli. They spend a lot of money for a big group of ridicoulus players (Almiron, Tiago [...]). If they invest this money in a good way, now they will fight for Scudetto". Excuse me, but Juventus should be happy about their 3rd position in Serie A table. They have got: Buffon - Chiellini + some jerseys - Sissoko + some jerseys - injury prone Camoranesi, old Nedved, Sebastian "Ranieri doesn't trust on me" Giovinco - world class forwards.
Ave Secco! :)
Filipéz 182
01-05-2009, 15:08
Juventus isnt that bad IMO. they are having some very promising youngsters and with a few decent signings they can become great again!
Buffon-Chiellini-Criscito-Marchisio-Sissoko-Del Piero-Amauri-Giovinco-Trezeguet
add Diego and a few defenders and they are having a worldclass team!
Buffon
RB-Cricito-Chiellini-LB (De Ceglie?)
Sissoko-Marchisio-
Del Piero-Diego-Giovinco
Amauri
AND a new coach, ranieri is even worse than our ancelotti.
Milano84
01-05-2009, 21:40
I agree, it only seems we differ in the "star" definition.
What I meant is that Milan should at least be present when "Diegos, Alonzos, Santacroces........" are mentioned.
Juve was also good in finding new players until calciopoli.
Sometimes Milan gets it right, sometimes Juve, sometimes neither :)
Zidane or Viera examples just show that one can never find a formula for ideal purchases....
Let's just think of some players - "stars": Van Basten, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Nesta, Stam, Davids, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Zambrotta.....
Old stars: Emerson, Cafu, Ronaldo, Beckham, Rivaldo......
Future prospects : Kaka, Pato....
What I mean, you have to be watching all types of players, not just focus on the young ones. The other thing is that Milan now has become too old and so should refresh the team with young blood.
:)
well then, i agree 100% w/ you. just think we defined the term differently
Milano84
01-05-2009, 21:42
Juventus isnt that bad IMO. they are having some very promising youngsters and with a few decent signings they can become great again!
Buffon-Chiellini-Criscito-Marchisio-Sissoko-Del Piero-Amauri-Giovinco-Trezeguet
add Diego and a few defenders and they are having a worldclass team!
Buffon
RB-Cricito-Chiellini-LB (De Ceglie?)
Sissoko-Marchisio-
Del Piero-Diego-Giovinco
Amauri
AND a new coach, ranieri is even worse than our ancelotti.
amauri is so overrated and already 29. He did own milan though.....
yeah they got some real potential, need some real creativity to replace nedved/camorenesi.
wish milan at cheillini, de ceglie, criscito, giovinco, marchisio
I was talking about Juve in the last 10 years or so........not just this season.
You don't just say Juve's supporters are stupid because they cheer for their players.....mmmkay :)
Milan in the 2nd half of the 90ties was awful.....anyone remeber Luigi Sala?
And if it's true that Milan should have signed Zidane instead of Juve, then it's the biggest slap in the face for Milan IMO.........they thought Dugarry was better.....jesus christ
Christian
02-05-2009, 11:22
Terrible news.. Apparently Inter have reached an agreement with Hernanes :( Only good thing is that at least he's coming to Serie A, he could've chosen another club though.
Transfermarketweb.com (http://transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=34875)
Bad news: Daniel Agger Agrees New Liverpool Contract
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/05/02/1241957/daniel-agger-agrees-new-liverpool-contract-report
Brasileiro
02-05-2009, 16:32
Terrible news.. Apparently Inter have reached an agreement with Hernanes :( Only good thing is that at least he's coming to Serie A, he could've chosen another club though.
Transfermarketweb.com (http://transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=34875)
Now, if itīs right, thats really bad news...to see Hernanes in blue&black is depressing:(
How reliable is this site, Christian??
Regarding Agger...I never thought he was a amazing defender...nor bad also.
Sure Agger would be a real upgrade for our defense, besides his versatile, but IMHO we have better options out there...
In a virtual, PES world, Agger (in my team I bought him like many years ago) is just ... SLOW.... lol.
Christian
02-05-2009, 17:16
Now, if itīs right, thats really bad news...to see Hernanes in blue&black is depressing:(
How reliable is this site, Christian??
Transfermarketweb seems a bit more reliable than goal.com to me, since they don't have so many 'amazing' stories. Question is how reliable the journalist, Alfredo Pedulla, that they say is the source, is. To be fair, I haven't seen anything reported any other place than on that website, so hopefully it's not true.
The same website says we're looking at Marco Amelia from Palermo though. Transfermarketweb.com (http://transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=34945)
I still remember his performance in our 3-1 defeat to Palermo earlier the season, where he was amazing. I have no idea how he's been for the rest of the season though.
Bad news about Agger aswell, I really wanted him at Milan, but perhaps that's cause I'm from Denmark... I don't understand why he renewed though, he keeps getting benched even though Skrtel and Carragher aren't that amazing.
slifersd
02-05-2009, 18:07
I don't think Agger renewing means we no longer have a chance at signing him. This could very well be a behind the door agreement between Benitez and Agger to raise his selling price. Liverpool has to sell some of its players for large amounts in order to finance their own purchases. And Agger seems to be one of the most replacable guys who can be sold for a high price. With this extension, Benitez can sell Agger for a good price and Agger won't have to be called a traitor by the Liverpool fans. Sounds like a win win to me. The question regarding us signing Agger never was is he available but rather can we offer enough money to sign him.
Who cares if Agger has signed an extension or not. If he was so good then Benitez would be forced to put him on the team sheet every game. Afterall Carragher and Skirtel are nothing special.
We need another Stam at the back, someone rock solid whos aim is to defend and destroy.
Brasileiro
02-05-2009, 22:34
Transfermarketweb seems a bit more reliable than goal.com to me, since they don't have so many 'amazing' stories. Question is how reliable the journalist, Alfredo Pedulla, that they say is the source, is. To be fair, I haven't seen anything reported any other place than on that website, so hopefully it's not true.
The same website says we're looking at Marco Amelia from Palermo though. Transfermarketweb.com (http://transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=34945)
I still remember his performance in our 3-1 defeat to Palermo earlier the season, where he was amazing. I have no idea how he's been for the rest of the season though.
Bad news about Agger aswell, I really wanted him at Milan, but perhaps that's cause I'm from Denmark... I don't understand why he renewed though, he keeps getting benched even though Skrtel and Carragher aren't that amazing.
Maybe because Benitez promised him a starting spot next season:confused:
Carragher clearly isnīt the same player, and I think Rafa proposed Agger to be his heir next season. Canīt see another reason for him to stay, since he was whining about the bench this year...
Brasileiro
02-05-2009, 22:41
Who cares if Agger has signed an extension or not. If he was so good then Benitez would be forced to put him on the team sheet every game. Afterall Carragher and Skirtel are nothing special.
We need another Stam at the back, someone rock solid whos aim is to defend and destroy.
Why not the player that several PSV supporters said that he was the best defender to play there??:1d31::)
Even better than the great Stam!!!
@Christian: There was nothing(yesterday) in Brazilian press about Hernanes and Inter...hope this journalist is wrong.
hitmannq8
03-05-2009, 00:23
Ideally, realistically, this would be my summer plan:
-Zarate (Lazio are in deep need of money, the only reason they are trying to buy him now is cause they know they will profit from selling him, with a buckload of cash I am certain they can't say no. He is DEFINITELY worth the cash - I dont see any striker in the world today that could be better for us. Other available strikers worth noting in the summer are David Villa, Carlos Tevez, Luca Toni, Diego Milito, Giuseppe Rossi.)
-Ribery (no questions if he is worth the cash. I dont know if we could offer them Gourcuff in exchange for him, but this guy is phenomenal and he does not crumble under pressure like Yoann did at Milan. However I wouldn't mind trying out Gourcuff next year if Ribery isn't within reach)
-Fernando (The Porto midfielder is such a good overall player and I would take him in a heartbeat for a reasonable amount of money. He would be able to take any midfield position and perform well)
-Santacroce (might be hard to convince Napoli to sell, so option two would be Alex of Chelsea)
I dont see any need in getting a left back as we can send Zambrotta there and play Mattioni on the right. The kid deserves a chance to start and should. The players I would send away from Milan would be: Dida, Sheva, Boriello, Seedorf[not happening], Kaladze[not happening], Favalli. Cardacio, Darmian & Viudez should be loaned out. This would also make the squad size smaller and increase quality, which was supposedly the plan for last season in which we didn't reach.
gregapenny
03-05-2009, 04:07
I read that Mexes is more or less a Milan player. Except if Roma qualify for CL, but that won't happen...
Christian
03-05-2009, 04:13
Ideally, realistically, this would be my summer plan:
-Zarate (Lazio are in deep need of money, the only reason they are trying to buy him now is cause they know they will profit from selling him, with a buckload of cash I am certain they can't say no. He is DEFINITELY worth the cash - I dont see any striker in the world today that could be better for us. Other available strikers worth noting in the summer are David Villa, Carlos Tevez, Luca Toni, Diego Milito, Giuseppe Rossi.)
-Ribery (no questions if he is worth the cash. I dont know if we could offer them Gourcuff in exchange for him, but this guy is phenomenal and he does not crumble under pressure like Yoann did at Milan. However I wouldn't mind trying out Gourcuff next year if Ribery isn't within reach)
-Fernando (The Porto midfielder is such a good overall player and I would take him in a heartbeat for a reasonable amount of money. He would be able to take any midfield position and perform well)
-Santacroce (might be hard to convince Napoli to sell, so option two would be Alex of Chelsea)
I dont see any need in getting a left back as we can send Zambrotta there and play Mattioni on the right. The kid deserves a chance to start and should. The players I would send away from Milan would be: Dida, Sheva, Boriello, Seedorf[not happening], Kaladze[not happening], Favalli. Cardacio, Darmian & Viudez should be loaned out. This would also make the squad size smaller and increase quality, which was supposedly the plan for last season in which we didn't reach.
I would rather have Gourcuff in our squad than Ribery if I could chose. Don't get me wrong, Ribery is an amazing player, one of the best, but he's to left-sided for my liking, I think he would colide with Pato and Kaka.
ACMILAN1983
03-05-2009, 04:29
Mariga again linked to Milan...
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/05/03/1243344/report-milan-prepare-summer-swoop-for-parmas-mcdonald-mariga
I heard Mexes is almost Milan's, which for me isn't a bad signing, but he won't be the great defender we hope for imo.
I dont see any need in getting a left back as we can send Zambrotta there and play Mattioni on the right. The kid deserves a chance to start and should.
I agree Felipe deserves a chance, ideally a game or two from the first minute, but the fact is (if my memory serves me correctly) that he has yet to play a minute of competitive football for us. So unless he relly impresses in the remainder of the season - and who says he'll even play? - it would be a huge gamble to have him as our first choice right back.
To me we should be getting 2 CBs and one FB. Maldini and (most likely) Favalli and Senderos will leave and even though only Maldini should have been an important component of our team this season, Favalli and Senderos has played a lot. That tells me that those 3 players should logically be replaced by at least two players, ideally a promising youngster and a real champion.
hitmannq8, realistically? :) I don't think so and I'll tell You why.
Zarate - we don't need player like Maurito. He's copy of Pato. He's even worse in the air than Xandre. We don't need forward who likes to attack from the deep. We look for "target man". Like Adebayor, like Drogba. Not Keirrison, not Neymar, even not Zarate.
Ribery? Ancelotti is likely to play 4312 with only one player behind two strikers. Now, we have got Ronaldinho and Kaka in our team. Seedorf also can play as a "10". It wouldn't be smart to pay 40 - 50 mln for player who is fantastic, but we don't need him.
Fernando? Don't know him. Excuse me, I can't comment it. :)
Santacroce at the moment isn't world class defender. He's got potential, but he should stop making silly mistakes.
To send out Borriello? :) Excuse me, but he's a man for who we're still waiting.
Science - fiction, mate.
It seems like Mexes is the most possible case.
Though now he is not the Champion we need to replace Maldini and Nesta, I value his experiences and abilities, he could be the next Milan Champion.
Mexes and T.Silva will be one of the best pairing in the world. However, Mexes and Santacroce are the hell for any Serie A attacking force.
Beating Roma and the chance to have Mexes will raise :D
Why not the player that several PSV supporters said that he was the best defender to play there??:1d31::)
Even better than the great Stam!!!
@Christian: There was nothing(yesterday) in Brazilian press about Hernanes and Inter...hope this journalist is wrong.
He would be great, but I dont believe Chelsea will sell him. And Im not sure he would come to a team that hasnt competed for their domestic league in years and cant qualify for the CL when he is playing for a team that is on the verge of getting to their second CL final in as many years.
Milan need to stay clear of Mexes who is the most overrated defender in Europe.
Santacrocce would be my first choice and Zapatta next.
According to his agent Agger has NOT signed a new contract yet.
It seems likely, though, that he will soon.
Christian
03-05-2009, 09:59
He would be great, but I dont believe Chelsea will sell him. And Im not sure he would come to a team that hasnt competed for their domestic league in years and cant qualify for the CL when he is playing for a team that is on the verge of getting to their second CL final in as many years.
Milan need to stay clear of Mexes who is the most overrated defender in Europe.
Santacrocce would be my first choice and Zapatta next.
Ramos is the most overrated defender! Mexes is the second most overrated... I've never been to big a fan of signing Mexes, mostly because of the rediculess price that was reported, 20M'ish Euro's. Lately the reports seems to suggest a price around 15M Euro's though, probably because Roma wont qualify for CL, maybe not even Uefa Cup. If we could get him for something like that, then I wouldn't mind, though he doesn't seem like the best option.
Ramos has once again showed how "good" he is. Assist, goal, yelow, missed the ball at Henry's goal etc. He is all over the place. But from a defender(even if he is a fullback) you dont want that. You want a man who is "not on the field", but also the man he marks doesnt exsist. Like Cannavaro was once, or from fullbacks like Thuram used to play. Im 100% against Ramos AND MExes, who is also not a world class defender and is NOT able to sub Maldini (noone is of course, but we can do better then Mexes ).
The news about Hernanes and Inter is horrible coz Hernanes is a modern versatile player that will suit perfectly in Milan's stile. Specially if we are ready to play Flamini as a fullback next year.
Pirlo still doesnt look like he will be back to his best standards. Maybe its time we use him as Ferguson uses Giggs and Scholes - by dosing their apperances and saving their quality. That is why its important not to have "first 11", but "first 15" players. The scheme United is using past 2 years.
We can practically make a super team with 3 players bought: defender, forward and midfielder+ Yoan who can be free player + Thiago will play.
We also need to have in mind that Dinho showed he cant play anymore, that Seedorf can play for Ajax now and Pirlo cant play 45 games per year. While Beckham will be here in january. Our midfield HAS problems.
We also need to have in mind that Dinho showed he cant play anymore, that Seedorf can play for Ajax now and Pirlo cant play 45 games per year. While Beckham will be here in january. Our midfield HAS problems.
Actually, no player in the world is able to play well in 45 games in a season and without getting any injury ...
rosoneri_11
03-05-2009, 10:33
Actually, no player in the world is able to play well in 45 games in a season and without getting any injury ...
I think he was saying that Pirlo doesn't play any more good football.He can play 1 good game in 7-8 games.
I think he was not saying that he should play great football in 45 games(despite if he were capable), but he was saying that he can play good 7-9 good games in 45 games.
With litle words he is getting worse every season.
That was your meaning Mrki?
Actually over here in the UK there are heavy reports suggesting that Adebayor might be sold in the summer, personally I think he will be gone as he has been a shadow of the player he was last season.
Clichy is someone else who was linked to Madrid today and has been linked to Milan in the past, I think he would be great with Milan. He has been injured for sometime now and Gibbs has stepped up to the plate, to be honest no one has even noticed that Clichy is injured.
I am saying that Pirlo cannot be used in 45 games par year as he once could. 3,4 years ago Pirlo was capable of that, something today Iniesta and Xavi are capable of.
To get the best out of this Pirlo we need to use him wisely and in smaller ammount of matches. That doesnt mean he needs to be a sub, or he needs to play 15 games per year, but that means Pirlo needs more rest then he needed before.
Larger and more resious roster could provide us great Pirlo again. But if we play like we play now and we are addicted to Pirlo's passing ( aldough I saw best Milan when we played Flamini-Rino-Seedorf ) we will again overplay him and we'll get nothing out of Pirlo. And not only that, unfit Pirlo is a big danger for Milan's back 4. Specially if we know we'll not have world class backline like it was 4 years ago for example.
Using Pirlo is a smart rotation can do us some good, but we are torturing him and Seedorf, its obvious. They cant hold on to that rythm anymore.
And dont let this 5,6 good games fool you. We didnt play CL this year. With CL the tempo and the pressure will be much bigger. I dont see the current squad capable of playing such ammounts of games like for example United can do today.
But, we can fix it with just few smart versatile signings ( Hernanes ).
I don't think our players have problems with pressure. High tempo and many games, yes.
I am saying that Pirlo cannot be used in 45 games par year as he once could. 3,4 years ago Pirlo was capable of that, something today Iniesta and Xavi are capable of.
To get the best out of this Pirlo we need to use him wisely and in smaller ammount of matches. That doesnt mean he needs to be a sub, or he needs to play 15 games per year, but that means Pirlo needs more rest then he needed before.
Larger and more resious roster could provide us great Pirlo again. But if we play like we play now and we are addicted to Pirlo's passing ( aldough I saw best Milan when we played Flamini-Rino-Seedorf ) we will again overplay him and we'll get nothing out of Pirlo. And not only that, unfit Pirlo is a big danger for Milan's back 4. Specially if we know we'll not have world class backline like it was 4 years ago for example.
Using Pirlo is a smart rotation can do us some good, but we are torturing him and Seedorf, its obvious. They cant hold on to that rythm anymore.
And dont let this 5,6 good games fool you. We didnt play CL this year. With CL the tempo and the pressure will be much bigger. I dont see the current squad capable of playing such ammounts of games like for example United can do today.
But, we can fix it with just few smart versatile signings ( Hernanes ).
I know your hierarchy in your bashing list ... it has changed since some weeks and I think it is:
1 - Ancelotti
2 - Seedorf and Pirlo
4 - Galliani
Am I wrong ?
The first three are in all your recent posts ...
Pirlo shows nowadays that he can still perform well (not amazingly well but, it is a good start) in many games in a row. Since he came back from injury, and after 2-3 difficult first games, he has improved and is constant.
When you write about Pirlo, you just forget too easily that he got injuries ... I don't know why but I'm sure you wouldn't forget this injury problem to explain the reasons of the bad performances of Kaka for almost 2 years (he plays better only since 3-4 games and has generally been bad since last season, except one game here and there).
Let's use your examples:
- Iniesta only played 21 games as a starter in Liga (he came 4 times from the bench). Basically, he played 1829 minutes in Liga.
- Pirlo played 22 games as a starter in Serie A. Basically, he played 1964 minutes in Serie A.
Xavi is the only one from these 3 who will end the season with 45 games (and even more actually).
It's what I said: no player in the world (or almost) can play 45+ games in a season, performing well at the same time for these 45+ games and not getting any injury. If we take Iniesta as some people like to compare him to Pirlo (whereas they are totally different), he couldn't play these 45+ games because he got an injury, like Pirlo. What is funny is to see that for the last 4 years, Pirlo and Iniesta played the same amount of games, approximately.
Pirlo still doesnt look like he will be back to his best standards. Maybe its time we use him as Ferguson uses Giggs and Scholes - by dosing their apperances and saving their quality. That is why its important not to have "first 11", but "first 15" players. The scheme United is using past 2 years.
The question is what you expect out of Pirlo from. Otherwise it's hard to know exactly where you dis-satisfaction with him ever come from.
The question is what you expect out of Pirlo from. Otherwise it's hard to know exactly where you dis-satisfaction with him ever come from.
Its not easy to explain, its necessary to remember or to take a look at Pirlo's performances from past seasons to see that he is not on the same level even when he plays well in these past 3,4 games. That is what I expect from him.
To Geo I will answer later coz it needs longer explanation and I cant write right now. I will also explain the chart of the players/people I dislike so I can explain your "first 4" explanation :) Its all co-related. Last year Pirlo has no injury and the same problems were accuring in his game. Well ok, I will post later. Peace Geo! :)
P.S.
Geo how is Benzema playing lately?
tbh, I haven't found Pirlo's to be on amazing form. He does whta he needs to: hold the ball well, distributes the ball (even if it means that he is not going to be the 'assist' person), bump the ball up at the right place, take free kick (which has been terrible for years now anyway as with all other Milan players) etc.
So I'm still not sure what you expect from him, but anyway...
I think Pirlo need another player to share the gamemaker job. Now he is Beck, Milan's playing wonderfully with both of them.
I don't know if Gourcuff could play at this position (RCM) as he used to be positioned at ACM role, trying long shots and reaching the goal.
Seedorf can do, but he lack the motivation of Beck to do the defense.
Next year maybe I'll miss Beck...
P.S.
Geo how is Benzema playing lately?
He's been terrible ... after a start with statistics like one goal per game played, he has just been unable to score any goal for weeks (he scored one goal 2 or 3 weeks ago, that's it).
His statistics are still decent but far from what people expect from him (and despite that, in France, they never bash him, so it's not in France he is going to improve mentally as he thinks he is a god and medias use him as the next big thing ...).
Ligue 1: 32 games played (27 as a starter) - 14 goals
CL: 8 games played - 5 goals
Decent ... but if I'm not wrong, he scored 12 goals from August to December, as well as his 5 goals in CL.
About Gourcuff, he seems to play again at his best. Impressive again and now decisive, I think he proves in the best way possible to the club that he mentally improved. He is the leader of Bordeaux (they won 3-0 tonight, he scored once and so Bordeaux has the same number of points than Marseille after 8 wins in a row, a serie started when Gourcuff started to perform well again).
About his playing time, he already took part to 48 games (Ligue 1, CL, UEFA Cup, French NT), so you have to add the League Cup and French Cup games he played ...
Christian
03-05-2009, 16:32
He's been terrible ... after a start with statistics like one goal per game played, he has just been unable to score any goal for weeks (he scored one goal 2 or 3 weeks ago, that's it).
His statistics are still decent but far from what people expect from him (and despite that, in France, they never bash him, so it's not in France he is going to improve mentally as he thinks he is a god and medias use him as the next big thing ...).
Ligue 1: 32 games played (27 as a starter) - 14 goals
CL: 8 games played - 5 goals
Decent ... but if I'm not wrong, he scored 12 goals from August to December, as well as his 5 goals in CL.
About Gourcuff, he seems to play again at his best. Impressive again and now decisive, I think he proves in the best way possible to the club that he mentally improved. He is the leader of Bordeaux (they won 3-0 tonight, he scored once and so Bordeaux has the same number of points than Marseille after 8 wins in a row, a serie started when Gourcuff started to perform well again).
About his playing time, he already took part to 48 games (Ligue 1, CL, UEFA Cup, French NT), so you have to add the League Cup and French Cup games he played ...
What's the French media's take on Gourcuff? Is the mood that he'll stay in Bordeaux, or do they think he'll return to us?
What's the French media's take on Gourcuff? Is the mood that he'll stay in Bordeaux, or do they think he'll return to us?
Medias do everything to keep him ... the guy has football skills, he is young, he is "beautiful" (all girls are mad when they see him, I don't know why), he is modest, the guy is gold for French medias who need someone to replace Zidane.
Actually, they don't know more things than Italian medias as Gourcuff said some days ago that he won't reply these questions because he only thinks about this title with Bordeaux. He said he has fun nowadays and wants to profit. If I want to be more clear, the guy just lets all doors open. Bordeaux wants him and says it every week, but they didn't pay for him for moment, so ... the president of Bordeaux even didn't speak with him about that. I think it's 50-50. He probably knows what he wants, but he won't say anything before the end of the championship. The problem is that I'm afraid that this Ligue 1 championship could be what will make him staying in Bordeaux ...
Gourcuff somehow reminds me of Frank Lampard, dynamic and good at longshots.
@GeoTav: Which position is Gourcuff playing now, mate ^^
GeoTav....I initially thought that the title may make him stay at Bordeaux....but you never know..........maybe winning the French League with Bordeaux will make him realize that he has won all he can with that side as they are not a side that will challenge for the CL next year. They might give it a god run but that's about it and I think he knows that......so in order to further his career he needs to go to a top side where he belongs (he is a top player right now).
GeoTav....I initially thought that the title may make him stay at Bordeaux....but you never know..........maybe winning the French League with Bordeaux will make him realize that he has won all he can with that side as they are not a side that will challenge for the CL next year. They might give it a god run but that's about it and I think he knows that......so in order to further his career he needs to go to a top side where he belongs (he is a top player right now).
We think the same way, I'm shared between the fact that this title, with all the joy around it, could make him choosing to stay there, or the contrary, after reflexion, he could choose to come back because he would already have reached the best result he could in Bordeaux (League Cup + Championship).
The main problem is maybe his coach, Laurent Blanc. He is very charismatic, he's maybe the best French coach, he seems as good like a coach as like a defender ... and he was simply one of the best as a defender. If you want me to say, if Ancelotti was leaving tomorrow, I wouldn't mind if a guy like Laurent Blanc comes in Milan, even if he is still unproven (his second year as a coach). Like some people probably noticed here, I don't rate highly the players and coaches from France, but Gourcuff-Blanc is simply what is the best in their own roles in France ... and they are both excellent.
Gourcuff usually plays like a central attacking midfielder, he is the leader of the team, he gives the tempo, he is everywhere. Actually, when you really watch him moving, he plays like a kind of central midfielder because he helps a lot to defend, and he is always in the actions of his teams (at the origin or at the conclusion or almost).
If you want a funny comparison, we have Flamini who is a defensive midfielder but who helps to attack, he is everywhere, then Gourcuff is simply his contrary (which has no sense because the real contrary would be "attacking midfielder who doesn't help to defend" :D).
Bosniaco
03-05-2009, 20:38
Veronica Berlusconi chiede il divorzio
13:24 del 03 maggio
Veronica Lario si prepara a chiedere il divorzio dal presidente del Consiglio Silvio Berlusconi. Lo scrivono oggi i quotidiani La Repubblica e La Stampa, aggiungendo che la moglie del premier avrebbe giā individuato un avvocato donna cui far preparare le pratiche per mettere fine al matrimonio celebrato nel 1990. La stessa signora Berlusconi, poi, interpellata dall'ANSA, ha confermato la sua intenzione, confermando il contatto giā avviato con l'avvocato per le pratiche di separazione. Il matrimonio tra Veronica Lario e Silvio Berlusconi era stato celebrato nel dicembre 1990. La coppia ha tre figli, Barbara, Eleonora e Luigi.
Palazzo Chigi al momento non ha voluto commentare la notizia, ma l'avvocato del premier Niccolō Ghedini ha precisato che si tratta di una "vicenda squisitamente personale che attiene ai sentimenti". Alla Stampa, la fist lady ha spiegato di essere "stata costretta a questo passo". "Non voglio aggiungere altro", ha detto al quotidiano, dopo la lettera scritta all'Ansa martedė scorso in cui descriveva "ciarpame senza pudore" la possibile candidatura alle elezioni europee di cosiddette 'veline'. "Voglio che sia chiaro che io e i miei figli siamo vittime e non complici di questa situazione", aveva scritto nella lettera. "Dobbiamo subirla e ci fa soffrire".
"La strada del mio matrimonio č segnata, non posso stare con un uomo che frequenta le minorenni", avrebbe detto la donna al suo entourage nei giorni scorsi, secondo Repubblica. Il quotidiano scrive che la first lady avrebbe preso contatti il primo maggio con un avvocato donna, "una persona di cui mi posso fidare fino in fondo", spiegandole che "finalmente posso tirare gių il sipario, ma voglio fare una cosa da persona comune e perbene, senza clamore. Vorrei evitare lo scontro". Giā due anni fa Veronica Lario aveva critico l'atteggiamento del premier in fatto di donne in una lettera a Repubblica, dopo alcuni apprezzamenti rivolti da Berlusconi ad alcune signore in occasione di una cena di gala.
(Gazzetta.it)
I'm sure this will impact our mercato :)
slifersd
03-05-2009, 23:50
If what some of the stuff I read were true about Berlusconi, then he deserves what's coming to him. He is an embarassment to his family and Italy with some of his moronic behaviors.
Brasileiro
04-05-2009, 00:27
[QUOTE=K77SH C;529616]He would be great, but I dont believe Chelsea will sell him. And Im not sure he would come to a team that hasnt competed for their domestic league in years and cant qualify for the CL when he is playing for a team that is on the verge of getting to their second CL final in as many years.
Good points, K77SH ...
Now, maybe itīs just my wish making me "to see things"...but I know from the mouth of Alex that we were after him before, when he was a Santos player. Braida came to Brazil only to watch him, so I believe they have a straight link..Plus, Carlo praise at Gazzetta Dello Sport was huge for a Brazilian defender(coming from a Italian coach), and I have no doubt Alex would love to play for him...
Also, despite your point about Chelsea situation now is true, Alex was clearly upset in December about his situation at Chelsea. Dunga was straight to him, and said that at that situation(bench) he would not be called...and he did it.
The only reason to Alex is playing is Hiddink. Only a guy like Guss has the courage to bench a Chelsea legend to play the best player(now)...and even this reason(Hiddink) already said that he will leave Chelsea next season.
Also, Alex contract finish in 2010, and Bruce Buck(sp?) said that they will sell 4 or 5 players to rejuvenate the squad with the money of the sells. Also, it seems that Chelsea want to give more space to Manciene and Ivanovic. So, Alex is one of the best sells they had, and this is the last year to do that earning some good money...
Bottom Line: Milan propose+Carlo+World Cup+Last year of contract+Brazilian link+ Chelsea wanting money+Hiddink exit = win situation for Alex and Chelsea...
Milan need to stay clear of Mexes who is the most overrated defender in Europe.
Santacrocce would be my first choice and Zapatta next.
I also donīt want Mexes in Milan...but right now he lost his title(most overrated defender in Europe) to Sergio Ramos...
Itīs incredible to see people still voting him for the best 11 in the world:5milan:
Yeah, but problem is Chelsea wont let him go for cheap, esp at his age, and how highly rated he is. And we, as with all our transfers these days, will not be willing to pay an enormous sum. So will we be able to get a "finished product" like Alex, or do we go for "prospects" from lesser leagues?
Hmmm, come to think of it, who would cost more Santacroce, Krajer, or Alex? Any thoughts?
Gabriel489
04-05-2009, 03:02
I actually think Santacroce will be the cheapest one of the three
Yeah, you're probably right. But if we want to do deals with other so-called "big" clubs, looks to me like we need to fork out some serious cash, but I can some pretty interesting part-exchange deals being negotiated with clubs like Napoli or even Roma. Something like Boriello plus bit of cash for Santa (provided we buy a proper target man).
I do not consider Mexes as the world best defender, but he is the most possible transfer. It is better to have one bird in hand than two in the bush.
Knowing Gourcuff is playing CM and can do both attacking & defending jobs (thank Geo), I think he can replace Beck's position well.
Mexes, Gourcuff & Flamini could be our "Three (French) Musketeers".
This formation is good, I think, explosive right flank and cost not much transfer fee:
------------------------Pato------------------------
--------------R80/See---------Kaka-----------------
-------Max/Rhino-------Pirlo----------Gourcuff-------
---Zam------Silva/Kala------Nesta/Mexes---Flamini---
--------------------Dida/Abbiatti--------------------
I really want us to sell R80, but that will not happen in reality. Perhaps he and Kaka can not cooperate well in a team.
ACMILAN1983
04-05-2009, 03:21
Hmmm, come to think of it, who would cost more Santacroce, Krajer, or Alex? Any thoughts?
I would think the most expensive would be Alex now. He's in excellent form and Chelsea won't want to lose him easily. Kjaer I think would be the cheapest, due to the 12 m euro buy out clause (I don't think Palermo will let us have him for any less). Santacroce is probably in the middle somewhere.
Now, this is exactly the kind of mercato news we wanna hear, although after the City saga in January, I somehow believe that to some extent Kaka was dissapointed to know that he is not untransferable
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/05/04/1245215/kaka-will-play-for-real-madrid-next-season-agent
You reap what you sow...
But the father was reported that his son would play in Madrid last year, that his son would play in Manchester City in January, etc ...
And actually, Kaka's father never spoke to the press. So, what's the reality there ?
Anyway, I wouldn't be too surprised, and if that was going to happen, I would like to read the reason from Kaka' ...
devoted_dm
04-05-2009, 05:03
I wouldn't believe that for a second. Kaka keeps repeating that he's going to stay and that he wants to become captain one day. Milan keep repeating that he is going to stay. There's no way he'll be sold in the summer.
[QUOTE]
Good points, K77SH ...
Now, maybe itīs just my wish making me "to see things"...but I know from the mouth of Alex that we were after him before, when he was a Santos player. Braida came to Brazil only to watch him, so I believe they have a straight link..Plus, Carlo praise at Gazzetta Dello Sport was huge for a Brazilian defender(coming from a Italian coach), and I have no doubt Alex would love to play for him...
Also, despite your point about Chelsea situation now is true, Alex was clearly upset in December about his situation at Chelsea. Dunga was straight to him, and said that at that situation(bench) he would not be called...and he did it.
The only reason to Alex is playing is Hiddink. Only a guy like Guss has the courage to bench a Chelsea legend to play the best player(now)...and even this reason(Hiddink) already said that he will leave Chelsea next season.
Also, Alex contract finish in 2010, and Bruce Buck(sp?) said that they will sell 4 or 5 players to rejuvenate the squad with the money of the sells. Also, it seems that Chelsea want to give more space to Manciene and Ivanovic. So, Alex is one of the best sells they had, and this is the last year to do that earning some good money...
Bottom Line: Milan propose+Carlo+World Cup+Last year of contract+Brazilian link+ Chelsea wanting money+Hiddink exit = win situation for Alex and Chelsea...
I also donīt want Mexes in Milan...but right now he lost his title(most overrated defender in Europe) to Sergio Ramos...
Itīs incredible to see people still voting him for the best 11 in the world:5milan:
In the entire time Abramovich has been in charge of Chelsea, I dont remember them selling a player they rely on to some extent. The only one was Gallas who forced Chelsea to sell in a way that I dont see Alex doing. We will have to wait and see.
When Barca signed Etto it was from Majorca, when Chelsea signed Alex it was from PSV. Every player has to start somewhere and in the case of these two they were performing as well as other players who were already at super clubs.
The best defenders in Seria A outside the big clubs are Zapatta and Santacrocce. All they need is a chance from a club like Milan and they will be our Alex or Etoo that the rest of Europe desires.
Gourcuff will not come back if Seedorf, Dinho and the coach he doesnt like and who doesnt like him are here. Plus Beckham will most likely be back in january.
Yoan deserves to play regulary, its obvious. Some people in here are not sure about him, but I still claim he can play in the old Seedorf's role in 1-2-1 midfield.
---------Flamini--------
--Gattuso---Gourcuff----
----------Kaka'------
His versality is underrated, as Geo mentioned. People only see him as slow and classical AM, but he can do much more than that.
Also, everyone is speaking like French league is croatian league, like it has no worth! They produced players like Essien, Malouda, Abidal, Guly, Henry, Trezeguet, Drogba etc. Playing well there does not mean class cant be prooved elswhere.
Gourcuff will not come back if Seedorf, Dinho and the coach he doesnt like and who doesnt like him are here. Plus Beckham will most likely be back in january.
Yoan deserves to play regulary, its obvious. Some people in here are not sure about him, but I still claim he can play in the old Seedorf's role in 1-2-1 midfield.
---------Flamini--------
--Gattuso---Gourcuff----
----------Kaka'------
His versality is underrated, as Geo mentioned. People only see him as slow and classical AM, but he can do much more than that.
Also, everyone is speaking like French league is croatian league, like it has no worth! They produced players like Essien, Malouda, Abidal, Guly, Henry, Trezeguet, Drogba etc. Playing well there does not mean class cant be prooved elswhere.
To be fair, the French Ligue 1 has a poor overall level, but it is like you say a championship where some amazing players are discovered. The problem of this championship is that once these players get some experience, or start to mature, they go in Premier League, Liga, Serie A or even Bundesliga to still grow.
Just to prove it, let's use the 4 semi-finalists of CL:
- Arsenal has 9 players having played at least one year in Ligue 1/France in the professionnal squad (7 French players, it's a special case with Wenger)
- Chelsea has 5 players having played in Ligue 1
- Barcelona has 5 players having played in Ligue 1 (and 5 potential starters as the guys are Abidal, Marquez, Keita, Touré and Henry, what can be noticed is that 4 of these players played in Monaco)
- Manchester has only 1 player from Ligue 1
And if you watch even deeper that:
- Wenger buys players before they can play in Ligue 1 or after their first year, often very young players. He always made that and always has a French basis in his teams.
- Chelsea bought Drogba, Essien and Malouda, 3 "Man of the Year" in Ligue 1
- For Barcelona, they took Marquez and Touré whereas they just showed potential in France, they weren't amazing, it was a risk.
- It looks like Manchester doesn't like France and players from France ... :D, anyway they are, from the 3 English teams still qualified, the one with the most players coming from the UK.
Christian
04-05-2009, 12:27
Now, this is exactly the kind of mercato news we wanna hear, although after the City saga in January, I somehow believe that to some extent Kaka was dissapointed to know that he is not untransferable
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/05/04/1245215/kaka-will-play-for-real-madrid-next-season-agent
You reap what you sow...
"according to AS." ...
AS isn't worth anything, they're notorious for making up stories.
There is another 'incredible' that I like though :D Buffon!!! (http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/04/1246079/upset-juventus-keeper-buffon-linked-with-milan-move-report)
"according to AS." ...
AS isn't worth anything, they're notorious for making up stories.
There is another 'incredible' that I like though :D Buffon!!! (http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/04/1246079/upset-juventus-keeper-buffon-linked-with-milan-move-report)
That would be amazing (like I said in the Milan-Juventus topic before knowing that report).
The only problem is the following part: The deal would include Christian Abbiati moving in the opposite direction along with a sum of 15 million. In the past, the World Cup winner has admitted he was close to joining the Rossoneri at the beginning of the Calciopoli scandal.
Buffon is the best, but Abbiati is one of the best too, so that would just be amazing to have them both here ... Buffon as the leader (Serie A big matchs + CL) and Abbiati as the substitute (Serie A against small sides + Italian Cup).
Christian
04-05-2009, 13:09
Honostly I wouldn't want to have both Abbiati and Buffon. Both are absolutly brilliant, but you don't really need rotation on the goalkeepers position, unless there's injuries ofcourse, and Dida is still a good keeper.
Also it would be a shame to watch a goalkeeper as good as Abbiati, sitting on the bench as a 31 year old, which I would consider around a goalkeepers prime.
devoted_dm
04-05-2009, 13:17
Honostly I wouldn't want to have both Abbiati and Buffon. Both are absolutly brilliant, but you don't really need rotation on the goalkeepers position, unless there's injuries ofcourse, and Dida is still a good keeper.
Also it would be a shame to watch a goalkeeper as good as Abbiati, sitting on the bench as a 31 year old, which I would consider around a goalkeepers prime.
Also, I doubt the club would invest that much money in a new goalkeeper, considering that we're more than covered in that position at the moment. Abbiati was brilliant this season, and even Dida is playing well now. Buffon is the best in the world, but we don't really need him.
I dont even want Buffon in Milan. He is Juve's legend and he should stay there always. And he is 2 times GK Abbiatti is, lets be real. Buffon is the best in the world.
And he is 2 times GK Abbiatti is
That's the point. Even if we pay 15 mil euros (if the news is true), I still choose Buffon ahead of Abbiati.
meskalin
04-05-2009, 14:41
I do not think that Buffon ancestors in Milan, this was the reactions that angry fans and the administration of Juventus
rinogattuso
04-05-2009, 16:35
Buffon is in some type of agony this season!!But still best on planet..
He is play for Juve in Seria B and this what's now going on in Zabra's house is nothing compared whith that..
Price of 15 milion is not logical for GK who earns 140 000 euros per week..crazy Arabs from Man City ofered him 3 times more..
Gigi is Juve legend!
Gabriel489
04-05-2009, 21:22
Anytime you can get a hold of Buffon for 15Mil is a must. But looking at our squad, we can use the 15Mil to get Santacroce, and thats a much better purchase.
Having said that, if it is 15Mil plus Seedorf and Kaladze, then lets make a deal Juve.
Brasileiro
04-05-2009, 22:37
[QUOTE=Brasileiro;529667]
In the entire time Abramovich has been in charge of Chelsea, I dont remember them selling a player they rely on to some extent. The only one was Gallas who forced Chelsea to sell in a way that I dont see Alex doing. We will have to wait and see.
When Barca signed Etto it was from Majorca, when Chelsea signed Alex it was from PSV. Every player has to start somewhere and in the case of these two they were performing as well as other players who were already at super clubs.
The best defenders in Seria A outside the big clubs are Zapatta and Santacrocce. All they need is a chance from a club like Milan and they will be our Alex or Etoo that the rest of Europe desires.
He didnīt, Itīs true...but it was B. Buck the one saying they will sell 4 or 5 players in the summer.
From what I read, they want the Chelsea, as a club(and not Abramovich wallet) to run the things and purchases. Messi, Kaká or another superstar aside(with the Global economy situation) canīt see Abramovich spending like before..and they said that will go to rejuvenate the rooster next summer. So...
Also, as I said, the only reason to Alex is starting now in Chelsea is Hiddink. Alex is aware of this, since last year he was amazing also, but was benched every time Terry or Carvalho were healthy....and Hiddink already said that will quit Chelsea after this season.
Regarding the bold part: I hope youīre right, because Iīm not that high in Zapatta as you. I watch him in Serie A(UEFA Cup) and in South-America Qually, and I really donīt see a future World Class. Itīs like(imho) Perea part-2. Good defender, but over hyped(not rated).
Now, Santacrocce is another history, with this guy I saw glimpses of a future W.C. defender...
Brasileiro
04-05-2009, 22:53
Yeah, but problem is Chelsea wont let him go for cheap, esp at his age, and how highly rated he is. And we, as with all our transfers these days, will not be willing to pay an enormous sum. So will we be able to get a "finished product" like Alex, or do we go for "prospects" from lesser leagues?
Maybe youīre right. But Alex contract finish next year, so I canīt see Chelsea asking for the "real valor" of the player.
I think itīs all on the next Chelsea coach, because Alex was really upset in December in a interview to ESPN Brazil(radio). Canīt remember his words, but it was like: " Nothing against the coaches or club, since I know the players ahead of me, besides to be amazing, are playing together for 4 years. But Iīm really concerned about my situation in Brazil NT(near the World Cup), since I didnīt start here...."
I know that Alex is a truly professional, and will not do a Gallas, but I canīt see he staying as a 3rd choice for 3 years in a row.
Regarding your question about the most expensive, imo:
1- Santacrocce(Italian; Napoli is a hard club to negotiate, even worse for Milan): 25M...
2- Alex(last year of contract): 12 or 15M...
3- Krajer(Palermo also isnīt a easy club) 10 or 12M...
Brasileiro
04-05-2009, 22:59
"according to AS." ...
AS isn't worth anything, they're notorious for making up stories.
There is another 'incredible' that I like though :D Buffon!!! (http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/04/1246079/upset-juventus-keeper-buffon-linked-with-milan-move-report)
Yep, Christian...
When I saw As in Goal.com article I stop reading.
Goal.com needs a little(much) more of good sense before posting these copy articles. Their credibility is below average...
That "Patoīs loan" one also was rubbish...
Price of 15 milion is not logical for GK who earns 140 000 euros per week..crazy Arabs from Man City ofered him 3 times more.
Anytime you can get a hold of Buffon for 15Mil is a must. But looking at our squad, we can use the 15Mil to get Santacroce, and thats a much better purchase.
Having said that, if it is 15Mil plus Seedorf and Kaladze, then lets make a deal Juve.
According to the news source, the price is not 15 mil euros but Abbiati plus 15 mil euros.
rinogattuso
05-05-2009, 05:33
Luciano Moggia said for Italian newspaper this morning that Carlo Ancelotti have laste season on Milan bench and next coach in Milan are Gasperini from Genova!!
Brasileiro, what do you think about this news? Is it worth for Milan to go after him? This is the player that confused some members here months ago with Thiago Silva, right?
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may5e.html
Maybe youīre right. But Alex contract finish next year, so I canīt see Chelsea asking for the "real valor" of the player.
I think itīs all on the next Chelsea coach, because Alex was really upset in December in a interview to ESPN Brazil(radio). Canīt remember his words, but it was like: " Nothing against the coaches or club, since I know the players ahead of me, besides to be amazing, are playing together for 4 years. But Iīm really concerned about my situation in Brazil NT(near the World Cup), since I didnīt start here...."
I know that Alex is a truly professional, and will not do a Gallas, but I canīt see he staying as a 3rd choice for 3 years in a row.
I don't understand why you want Alex to leave because he doesn't want to be the 3rd choice. My question is: why do you think he's going to become again a 3rd choice ? Actually, it's the logical way that leads you to say that Alex will be on the pitch only with Hiddink and that when a new coach will arrive, he will be benched again, it's what I don't understand ...
Ok, Hiddink decided to use him instead of Carvalho, and Alex is doing great performances, so the next coach is maybe just going to use the same defence actually ... so the one to be sold will be maybe Carvalho (come back to Portugal for example) instead of Alex, no matter who will be the next coach. If the goal of the club is to make the team younger, so keeping Alex and Ivanovic is their best way to reach that goal.
Snapster
05-05-2009, 06:46
Are we going for a first 11 of Brazilian players? Not that I don't mind getting a player if he is the best in that position, but I think the constant South America shopping is a bit of overkill.
A back four of Brazilian's doesn't inspire much confidence in being balanced, and better at defending than the current shambles, will they be able to hack it in those games you have to be solid and grind out a win?
rinogattuso
05-05-2009, 06:48
Divorce Beckham-Galaxy: Prime confirmations!!
Becks lawyers doing some work in LA to bring his contract 1/1 to us and Galliani!
Having Beckham from the beggining of the next season in Milan would be very good news since our midfield needs variations and good mix withing 7,8 players that will carry the team in that department.
And, one of the MM mambers in "milanisti sa Balkana" said that Gourcuff will come to Milan and that it is a solved thing. When asked how does he know that he answered that he heard it from a tv commentator that is a big Milan supporter and has "friends" in Milanello. I dont know if he ehard it on tv or privately, I will ask him. After all, Europe is not so big :) And ac Milan is extremly popular club in ex-yu countries since players like Savicevic, Boban, Simic and some doctors have been working with Milan. And also naletilic as Milan's consultant for eastern market. Right now he is a manager of Deko ( who scored a hat trick on sunday, noone mentioned that I think).
All in all, one of Seedorf-Dinho needs to leave is Yoan gets back. And we can all see that Gourcuff plays serious football now. Dinho can be sold for good money, while Seedorf is 4 years older I think but is closer to the Milan "family" as they say.. So its not an easy decision if its to be made.
And, Moggi says its Carlo's end in Milan. Moggi should be a coach :) He can bring players from Italy and Leo from Brazil!:3band:
And, one of the MM mambers in "milanisti sa Balkana" said that Gourcuff will come to Milan and that it is a solved thing. When asked how does he know that he answered that he heard it from a tv commentator that is a big Milan supporter and has "friends" in Milanello. I dont know if he ehard it on tv or privately, I will ask him. After all, Europe is not so big :) And ac Milan is extremly popular club in ex-yu countries since players like Savicevic, Boban, Simic and some doctors have been working with Milan. And also naletilic as Milan's consultant for eastern market. Right now he is a manager of Deko ( who scored a hat trick on sunday, noone mentioned that I think).
And, Moggi says its Carlo's end in Milan. Moggi should be a coach :) He can bring players from Italy and Leo from Brazil!:3band:
I don't know how a TV commentator in Balkans can have news that no French media nor Italian media have ... Gourcuff still said yesterday or the day before on radio that he didn't decide yet !!
About Moggi as a coach, what a joke !! :D
gregapenny
05-05-2009, 12:20
I thinh Yoan is smart enough to realize, that another season in Bordeaux would be a step down in his career. Bordeaux can't perform better than this in League 1 and in CL they don't stand a chance. So to make a logical step forward in his career he has to come back to us and he will.
I thinh Yoan is smart enough to realize, that another season in Bordeaux would be a step down in his career. Bordeaux can't perform better than this in League 1 and in CL they don't stand a chance. So to make a logical step forward in his career he has to come back to us and he will.
Don't forget two things:
- he gave some conditions that could help him to take his decision some months ago ... it was a new contract for Laurent Blanc (done) and a qualification to the next CL (done)
- there is the shadow of the next World Cup ... he can ask himself if coming back to Milan and maybe be benched (you never know, if Kaka' does a 2007 season bis, if Dinho is back, if Seedorf starts to run, etc, there is a lot of competition in this midfield, and I'm pretty sure that if Gourcuff comes back, Dinho and Seedorf will suddenly play better than what they do) is good for his career.
EDIT: All that situation is because of this 15M option ... he would have played the same way even without that option.
The question is:
Is it better to stay in Bordeaux one more year (and be sold in a big club then), being a starter for sure, playing in CL, so he will have some audience as Bordeaux will play against one or two big teams for sure like this year (Roma and Chelsea in their group, and they weren't so far to qualify, so with 2-3 good players ... who knows ? Again ...) and then being sure to play the next World Cup as a starter ?
Or is it better to take the risk to be benched in Milan, maybe ignored by Domenech again and ask to leave anyway at the end of the next season ? It's a risk ... of course, if he manages to pass this new step in his career and be a starter in Milan, he will go to the next WC and will even have a chance to win the next CL (CL challenge, Serie A challenge and World Cup challenge all reunited can also mean Ballon d'Or ?!).
The guy has to think about all that and I unfortunately don't think that a new and last year in Bordeaux would be a step back in his career ... staying in Bordeaux gives him sure plans for 2010, coming back to Milan gives him some unknown plans for 2009 and 2010.
All in all Yoan will ask from Milan to play regular football, which I think he can looking at his quality. I dont care about anything, Milan needs that player, it would be really stuipid to make such mistake and sell such talented player for 15mln when we can have him back for nothing. Coach of Milan in next year will have huge influence in that decision.
About the tv commentator, I dont know. Im just telling what the man said. Maybe he really knows people in there. Or he is lying. I dont care to be honest, its just news I brought to you guys.
I've also spoken in here about Boban's visit to Milanello and how he said things are looking too relaxed and that its not good work atmosphere, how Maldini's are not satisfied with old squads etc. Noone took it seriousely.
What I've noticed is that now Milan works closer with Sacchi then few years back, or its just me? I've heard Sacchi has been working in some trainings also lately, in past 2 months or so.
However, I want Gourcuff back, I was always for him in Milan.
More news, there is possibility De Silvestri could be sold as his contract runs out in 2010 summer. I've read that somewhere today, cant remember where.
Arildonardo
05-05-2009, 16:21
Ancelotti and Galliani was in London to watch Adebayor tonight? I bet they were not too impressed.
Player rating for goal.com:
"Adebayor -4.0: Adebay-who? The most embarrassing 180 minutes of football you will ever see from a supposed centre forward. Nothing more to add."
rinogattuso
05-05-2009, 16:33
Ancelotti and Galliani was in London to watch Adebayor tonight? I bet they were not too impressed.
Player rating for goal.com:
"Adebayor -4.0: Adebay-who? The most embarrassing 180 minutes of football you will ever see from a supposed centre forward. Nothing more to add."
Ancelotti,Galliani,Flamini and Beckham with private plane of Mister Berlusconi in London tonight! Who watch the game might see Becks and Flattuso on stadium.
Ade was terible,cut of totaly but all Arsenal sucks a big,huge sucks!!!
Wenger is maybe god scout man,but terible tactician..Carlo is made tactic for him! Lot of you will said he won on San Siro but difrent Milan yes.. Gibbs instead of Ebue,Nasri and Fabregas totaly out field Walcott invisible
Christian
05-05-2009, 16:37
Ancelotti,Galliani,Flamini and Beckham with private plane of Mister Berlusconi in London tonight! Who watch the game might see Becks and Flattuso on stadium.
Ade was terible,cut of totaly but all Arsenal sucks a big,huge sucks!!!
Wenger is maybe god scout man,but terible tactician..Carlo is made tactic for him! Lot of you will said he won on San Siro but difrent Milan yes.. Gibbs instead of Ebue,Nasri and Fabregas totaly out field Walcott invisible
I agree on the Wenger part, Arsenal seems to lack structure in their tactics, it's almost as though they don't have a game plan. Their team might not be that good, but still, the tactics were off against Manchester United.
Poor Wenger, he has only Fabregas, who was outnumbered by MU mids.
Our midfielders are better, but Rio-Vidic combi is not easy to deal with, MU is at top form now.
We need some serious improvement to come back.
Blacktop
05-05-2009, 17:01
Also, I doubt the club would invest that much money in a new goalkeeper, considering that we're more than covered in that position at the moment. Abbiati was brilliant this season, and even Dida is playing well now. Buffon is the best in the world, but we don't really need him.
I'm not being sarcastic in the slightest, but isn't it amazing how things change in a year? At this time last season, we'd be welcoming Gigi here with open arms.
I'm not being sarcastic in the slightest, but isn't it amazing how things change in a year? At this time last season, we'd be welcoming Gigi here with open arms.
What devoted_dm said makes sense. We had Abbiati who performed very well this season and Dida is also playing pretty well BUT if we compare to the situation in preseason, we really needed a high quality GK as we didn't have such player. Dida was in a very bad form, Kalac was worse and Abbiati was still in doubt regarding his quality.
This is NOT a knock on Abbiati or Dida and is not only specifically about Buffon either but in a general sense you don't pass up on the best if you get the chance (he is available for cheap, wants to come, or whatever else reason)
hitmannq8
05-05-2009, 19:10
Gasperini is an absolutely fantastic coach and it would be a loss for Serie A if he left Genoa. We need strong teams like that in Serie A and he is probably one of the ONLY managers in the world that uses his ENTIRE squad fairly. He really uses squad rotation and I would love to have him in Milan, but I would be saddened to see Genoa weakened as he is the reason Genoa are where they are right now.
With Gasperini we would be able to see our entire squad perform and players like Yoann and Mattioni will be getting their chances to shine, and players like Seedorf will be on the bench. However, I highly doubt that Milan are searching for a new coach for this summer.
While I'd like to see G.Rossi joining us, he seems to be a Genoa fan as he commented the way the club plays and said that he has tried to watch most of the games of Genoa, to follow them. So I'd like him to come back in Italy in Genoa (before coming to Milan ...), playing alongside Milito, that would be great for Serie A, and of course for Genoa.
Reza is right: if you have the opportunity to buy the best player in his position, no matter where he comes from, you have to take him.
Let's take an example ... we have a lot of midfielders, let's imagine that Gourcuff comes back too, and let's say that we have the opportunity to buy Gerrard, I'd say that there is no way we wouldn't buy him, even if we already have many midfielders. Same for Buffon.
PS: In my list of former players of Ligue 1, I forgot Cech ...
Adebayor didn't performe last night? good news! It means his market value will go down,maybe we can cash in r80 plus M5 to get him.
Brasileiro
05-05-2009, 22:52
I don't understand why you want Alex to leave because he doesn't want to be the 3rd choice. My question is: why do you think he's going to become again a 3rd choice ? Actually, it's the logical way that leads you to say that Alex will be on the pitch only with Hiddink and that when a new coach will arrive, he will be benched again, it's what I don't understand ...
Ok, Hiddink decided to use him instead of Carvalho, and Alex is doing great performances, so the next coach is maybe just going to use the same defence actually ... so the one to be sold will be maybe Carvalho (come back to Portugal for example) instead of Alex, no matter who will be the next coach. If the goal of the club is to make the team younger, so keeping Alex and Ivanovic is their best way to reach that goal.
I got your point, GeoTav...there goes a little history.
Last season, with Mourinho as a coach, Alex was the fourth choice, behind Ben Hain...after some time, Mourinho come back to earth and promote Alex a the 3rd choice. After that Mourinho saw the door.
When Grant became the coach, the same BS happened...Terry or Carvalho were injured, and Avan Grant benched Alex for Ben Hain against M. United. Poor performances from Ben and Alex was promoted again.
After that, Alex was always on the starting-11, as Terry and Carvalho couldnīt stay health. Last season Alex was the defender with most minutes at Chelsea, and Chelsea had the best defense in Europe(number wise) until the last 2 or 3 games(Alex was on the bench again). Heck, last season he had a much better season than the actual. This year Alex had a stretch of 5 sub-par games and he almost lost his "3rd choice job" to Ivanovic. Last season he was much more consistent. But only this year heīs gain recognition, because Hiddink benched Carvalho for him...
So, back to the point, even outplaying Terry last season(this year is Carvalho), Alex was benched at the final of that England Cup against the Spurs(and stay there until one of the starters injure). In Chelsea, at the back, they have guys that are not only great defenders, they are legends there, and I canīt see a new coach(besides Hiddink, Carlo or Capello) benching one of these Chelsea legends for a Brazilian defender...this type of things doesnīt happens often, and I doubt Alex will wait to see and put in even more jeopardy his chance to play a World Cup.
He used to it in Chelsea...so, if you are a player that was always benched, even outplaying one of the starters, and has a propose from a big club, would you stay there even if the only coach that promote you is leaving?
I donīt think so...
But as you said, maybe Iīm wrong. Never mind...
Brasileiro
05-05-2009, 23:22
Are we going for a first 11 of Brazilian players? Not that I don't mind getting a player if he is the best in that position, but I think the constant South America shopping is a bit of overkill.
A back four of Brazilian's doesn't inspire much confidence in being balanced, and better at defending than the current shambles, will they be able to hack it in those games you have to be solid and grind out a win?
Yep, those World Cups(and Libertadores) that Brazil won(some with the best defense) they import some European defenders to help us to hack it in those hard games...
Your comment(that isnīt a question) is so full of prejudice and arrogance...can you say why they arenīt balanced?? Just because they are born in Brazil? This is so arrogant:1ang:
Itīs funny people can live(I canīt) with a Brazilian trident on offense, even with the lazy and useless Ronaldinho there, but canīt cope with a Brazilian defense, even if the(possible) new guy is performing as one of the best in the world since the PSV times...and the new one is already being praised by his Italians teammates.
Also, Luis Pereira isnīt a legend in Spain, Aldair doesnīt have his number retired at Roma, Julio Cesar wasnīt the first black player to be a captain in Juve. Also, Lúcio did nothing in Europe. Alex isnīt a legend in PSV and donīt benched a Chelsea legend like Carvalho. Juan(besides injure prone) wasnīt the best defender at Rome. Chris and Caįapa did nothing with Lyon in Europe. Luizão, David Luiz and Sidney do nothing in Benfica. And Iīm not even put some legends of the 50īs and 60īs...But, they are Brazilians, right?
Cīmon, at least give a real reason besides this prejudice...
Brasileiro
05-05-2009, 23:32
Brasileiro, what do you think about this news? Is it worth for Milan to go after him? This is the player that confused some members here months ago with Thiago Silva, right?
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may5e.html
I hope we stay away from him.
Good player(at best), but to spend a non-Eu or even if gain his passport, on Alex Silva isnīt a good choice. You can find a defender of the same level in Europe.
Look, the W. Class defender that Galliani said that will purchase for the next season needs to be a real world class players. The pressure for the defenders next season will be big...
I canīt see in Alex Silva the man to lead our defense. Bottom line, this guy is overrated!!
Gabriel489
06-05-2009, 00:03
WHAT ABout having Lucio?
Ideally, I would love Santacroce to come in but I think it might be better for Lucio to come for a few yrs then sign Santacroce in three yrs. That way, we all have something to talk about for the next few years.
Filipéz 182
06-05-2009, 01:26
While I'd like to see G.Rossi joining us, he seems to be a Genoa fan as he commented the way the club plays and said that he has tried to watch most of the games of Genoa, to follow them. So I'd like him to come back in Italy in Genoa (before coming to Milan ...), playing alongside Milito, that would be great for Serie A, and of course for Genoa.
G.Rossi is a Milan fan! he said this many times, and its even on his official website!
Snapster
06-05-2009, 02:17
Your comment(that isnīt a question) is so full of prejudice and arrogance...can you say why they arenīt balanced?? Just because they are born in Brazil? This is so arrogant:1ang:
Cīmon, at least give a real reason besides this prejudice...
The reason is in the mentality and culture. Brazilians love to attack that's why they grace the world with such attacking football as they prefer to outscore the opposition, just like Italians are known for their defensive qualities.
Having an entire back four with such a mentality would be suicide in the Italian league and possibly Europe. One or two I would consider balanced, particularly full backs as the modern fullback should know attacking and defending, but I would also balance that with some good solid central defenders, ie a Stam, a Nesta, a Maldini etc, you need solidarity at the back.
Just list the top ten/twenty defenders of all time and look just how many are from that region, let alone known and applauded for their defensive qualities. There has yet to an abundance of shining examples and many have yet to be convinced by a Brazilian central defender to be 'solid' in the modern game, even Alex.
You think a back four of Brazilians would all start attacking at same time? You cannot define an entire people with one mentality.
I'd rate Alex over any current Italian defender of similiar age & experience.
Right now there are no WC defenders available for the prices Milan will pay.
A def of Alex & Silva would be better than a def of chiellini & Bonera.
Snapster
06-05-2009, 03:04
You think a back four of Brazilians would all start attacking at same time? You cannot define an entire people with one mentality.
I'd rate Alex over any current Italian defender of similiar age & experience.
Right now there are no WC defenders available for the prices Milan will pay.
A def of Alex & Silva would be better than a def of chiellini & Bonera.
Yes I honestly think that an entire back four would run past the midfield and all attack at the same time. :1avs: It's not about defining an entire race, but more of an open generalisation of a random sample. Alex and Silva might be fine in their own right but you cannot guarantee they will be a balanced pair and who would you have at fullback beside them? Like any country you get good players in each position spread around the clubs, be it proven by their own performances or your weaknesses hidden by other players around you, does not mean they can work together. Take Gerrard and Lampard, two similar central midfielders at club level they are regarded (by some) as the best at what they do, yet put them together and they just don't function. Ronaldinho/Kaka anyone?
As you know there's very few WC defenders around generally, let alone the top rated and overpriced ones which Milan will never pay, probably even less so as Berlu has other things to worry about regarding his soon to be ex wife.
Yes I honestly think that an entire back four would run past the midfield and all attack at the same time. :1avs:
Even in Brazil NT there is no such accident. Every club have coach, the coach won't let one of his CB moves so often, and yet four? LOL
If Serginho who was so offensive player could turn to be a disciplined left fullback under Ancelotti, I don't see why players who are CB can't be told/taught like Serginho's case.
It's not about defining an entire race, but more of an open generalisation of a random sample.
You said the same thing but only in different words. :)
Alex and Silva might be fine in their own right but you cannot guarantee they will be a balanced pair and who would you have at fullback beside them?
You can first search their track record when they played. As example Alex. How many times he moved forwards and forgot his duty to guard defence in his career especially when he has moved to Europe?
If you said, we can't guarantee they will be a balanced pair and you can't also guarantee they won't be a balanced pair. We can't judge their pair now but we can at least hope how they will perform by evaluating their past records.
Like any country you get good players in each position spread around the clubs, be it proven by their own performances or your weaknesses hidden by other players around you, does not mean they can work together. Take Gerrard and Lampard, two similar central midfielders at club level they are regarded (by some) as the best at what they do, yet put them together and they just don't function. Ronaldinho/Kaka anyone?
Ronaldinho and Kaka partnership has a proven fact, that is WC 2006 even people can't judge their pair only from them. But have you seen Alex and Silva play so horrible (so offensively)?
If for example Thiago Silva and Alex will be like Kaka and Ronaldinho and how could we know if for example Thiago Silva and Mexes, Silva and Ivanovic (or with others) will turn to be a good pair?
Player transfer has luck/gamble inside and every club must take it and can only hope to reduce the gamble by really evaluating the facts of the players (their performances, character and so on).
Snapster
06-05-2009, 03:52
Even in Brazil NT there is no such accident. Every club have coach, the coach won't let one of his CB moves so often, and yet four? LOL
If Serginho who was so offensive player could turn to be a disciplined left fullback under Ancelotti, I don't see why players who are CB can't be told/taught like Serginho's case.
Guess you cannot detect sarcasm? Serginho and Cafu were legends going forward, but knew they had a Maldini, Nesta, Stam at the back to compliment and balance them, with Gauttso in midfield to cover the space. A leopard does not change its spots ...
You said the same thing but only in different words. :)
Not quite, and its called probability, one is more definite the other is based on a likely but somewhat calculated answer.
You can first search their track record when they played. As example Alex. How many times he moved forwards and forgot his duty to guard defence in his career especially when he has moved to Europe?
Moot point, see #1
If you said, we can't guarantee they will be a balanced pair and you can't also guarantee they won't be a balanced pair. We can't judge their pair now but we can at least hope how they will perform by evaluating their past records.
Ronaldinho and Kaka partnership has a proven fact, that is WC 2006 even people can't judge their pair only from them. But have you seen Alex and Silva play so horrible (so offensively)?
Correct, I cannot guarantee and no one can. You can only take an educated guess at how some players will not work with each. Kaka/Ronaldinho many people said it didn’t work for Brazil and it wouldn’t work at club. Arguably the gamble has not paid off due to injury/form etc, but they are very similar in movement on the pitch and still have to cope with eachother rather than play to their strengths. I have seen Alex with some horrendous positioning when he was playing for PSV and got burned on more than one occasion in Europe a few years ago. Fair enough I’ve not seen so much since he’s been around better players at Chelsea but those performances still live in my mind, much like Collocini...
If for example Thiago Silva and Alex will be like Kaka and Ronaldinho and how could we know if for example Thiago Silva and Mexes, Silva and Ivanovic (or with others) will turn to be a good pair?
Player transfer has luck/gamble inside and every club must take it and can only hope to reduce the gamble by really evaluating the facts of the players (their performances, character and so on).
Part of managers’ job is to evaluate how well a player will fit in to the club along with other players then (ideally) define tactics that will suit them. If the manager wants a defensive team, then he will look for those qualities in players. Visa-Versa
Grosso considers Serie A offers:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may5u.html
Lets try an italian defense:
Grosso----Nesta----Santacroce----Zambrotta
or:
Zambrotta----Nesta----Santacroce----Oddo :D
Grosso considers Serie A offers:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may5u.html
Lets try an italian defense:
Grosso----Nesta----Santacroce----Zambrotta
or:
Zambrotta----Nesta----Santacroce----Oddo :D
The first one looks better. :D
Ah if only Nesta can be fit again. :(
Snapster
06-05-2009, 04:17
Grosso considers Serie A offers:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may5u.html
Lets try an italian defense:
Grosso----Nesta----Santacroce----Zambrotta
or:
Zambrotta----Nesta----Santacroce----Oddo :D
Grosso, arghhh! lol Nice defence apart from him. I do fear for Nesta though...
Grosso is average. No thanks. forget about his fluke wc.
Hasan Rossonero
06-05-2009, 04:54
Grosso is average. No thanks. forget about his fluke wc.
You may be right, but Grosso's WC was no fluke. Even to the run-up he had been playing well. Lippi used him very intelligently. In fact, he told him to attack all the time. Remember when Zaccardo came on in the US game? It was because Lippi thought Grosso did not attack enough against Ghana.
Witness the Australia game, near the end of which Grosso, a full-back, won a penalty.
With that said--I do not think he would be the best player for Milan because he is almost 32 now.
Which makes him the perfect choice for Galliani: experienced (old is the more appropriate word) and world class (he won WC, what do you mean he's not world class?? said Galliani)
Gabriel489
06-05-2009, 05:10
Well, to be honest, of all the LB in the world, there isn't one that really makes you go, wow, now thats a LB for you. Santon is good but still young and only having one good season, he might be gold, but until he can play at this level year in and year out, I will still think he is good not great. Glichy and Erva and even Vargas are just fast, they def. awareness aint that great.
Therefore having someone like Grosso is not a bad option, as we can always have Zambro starting in the left with Flamini on the right. Then have Grosso and Antonini as subs. On top of that, Mattioni is available too.
G.Rossi is a Milan fan! he said this many times, and its even on his official website!
So I don't know why he made this comment about Genoa and said he hopes they will qualify for the next CL because they play very well ...
Isn't there any D.Alves type of player on the left flank of the defense in any club in the world ?? Or at least, any potential one ??
About Santon, he will probably be the best in his position in some years ... or maybe he is already (no mistake against MU despite his lack of experience). Let's not forget that we still can try to get Maxwell ?
Nowadays, the two best RBs are Alves and Maicon, they are outstanding, then there are plenty very good/good RBs, or potential WC ones but who will have to confirm with years.
It's true that for the LBs, we can hardly find one outstanding player, and it's certainly not Grosso who is. He's not that good at defending (except with a very good defense alongside him, but this way, even Janku looks like a good defender), and he even doesn't cross anymore. If we take Grosso, you will add a player to bash in the team because he can't perform well more than twice in a row, and then he disappears for 10 games. Just look at what happened to him in Inter, and then look at his performances in Lyon.
ACMILAN1983
06-05-2009, 07:02
Gabriel is right imo, it's VERY difficult to find a fullback (never mind just LB) that is exciting and available. Zuniga is one option, though I'm not sure about him still. The best options for me appear to be Clichy and De Silvestri. Clichy is an excellent player that is ready to take a step up to make a mark at the international level. De Silvestri might be difficult to get as he's well loved at Lazio, but given Lazio aren't the power they once were, he may be attainable. Young, good attacking game with good discipline. I think he'll play a pretty big part in Italy's future and he would be an interesting investment for the future.
De Silvestri might be difficult to get as he's well loved at Lazio, but given Lazio aren't the power they once were, he may be attainable. Young, good attacking game with good discipline. I think he'll play a pretty big part in Italy's future and he would be an interesting investment for the future.
De Silvestri is maybe well loved there, but he didn't get as many chances to play this season as the other ones ... so ...
How about exchange Oddo + some € with De Silvestri :D
De Silvestri is maybe well loved there, but he didn't get as many chances to play this season as the other ones ... so ...
If this is true, I don't see the reason we should bring this guy to Milanello. He could have big talent but if he didn't get chances like stated above (maybe there were many reasons for that), why should Milan buy him?
Milan need a ready player otherwise I'll choose to use Flamini as fullback and bring in player from youth (or young player) as backup.
Gabriel489
06-05-2009, 08:05
De Silvestri reminds me of guys like Zuccardo, Barzali, Bonera and Legro when they came up. What I mean is, he is over-rated as he is a young IT defender with good size or good speed....
Santon is another story though, as he does play regularly is good in all areas.
De Silvestri is better than Zaccardo for example ... and he is only 20 years old, not 25.
We can buy him to be the sub for Flamini (if we keep him as a RB).
And what you say Siregar is the kind of reason that would have made us missing some players: just one for example, Pirlo ...
Christian
06-05-2009, 08:48
So I don't know why he made this comment about Genoa and said he hopes they will qualify for the next CL because they play very well ...
Isn't there any D.Alves type of player on the left flank of the defense in any club in the world ?? Or at least, any potential one ??
About Santon, he will probably be the best in his position in some years ... or maybe he is already (no mistake against MU despite his lack of experience). Let's not forget that we still can try to get Maxwell ?
Nowadays, the two best RBs are Alves and Maicon, they are outstanding, then there are plenty very good/good RBs, or potential WC ones but who will have to confirm with years.
It's true that for the LBs, we can hardly find one outstanding player, and it's certainly not Grosso who is. He's not that good at defending (except with a very good defense alongside him, but this way, even Janku looks like a good defender), and he even doesn't cross anymore. If we take Grosso, you will add a player to bash in the team because he can't perform well more than twice in a row, and then he disappears for 10 games. Just look at what happened to him in Inter, and then look at his performances in Lyon.
For some reason there doesn't seem to be as many great LB's as there are RB's at the moment. The closest thing you come to an Daniel Alves as a LB is probably Marcelo from Real Madrid if you ask me... He's immence going forward, and is also in the Brazilian NT, but he's not even close to being as good as Daniel Alves at defending.
Perhaps there's just more right-legged players than left-legged. Maybe it's time to have left-legged RB's and vice-versa. With all the Messi's and Robben's around who 99% try to cut inside, it might not be such a bad idea. Fullbacks could cut inside aswell.
About the full-back position, I agree that Zuniga seems like an excellent choice. I haven't watched every Siena game, but he's been very impressive in the one's I've seen. I still remember against us where he made a fool of Jankulovski, and probably was the only good player on their team. He seems like a very complete player, but as far as I know Inter, Juve, etc. are all after him aswell.
About the Brasilian CB's, I don't see it as a problem having two Brasilian CB's, perhaps the only thing would be to have two players playing together who have never played in Italy before. It would be optimal to have Nesta there to help them adapt, and provide some experience, but we still have to see if that can be possible.
It does sound foolish for an Italian club to pick up foreign defenders when Italy is famous for creating defensive prodigy's, but we have to remember that Italian defending isn't as good as it once was. If I'd have to name the five best defenders in the last 20 years, then I'd probably pick five Italian's, but the fact is that Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi and Costacurta haven't been probably replaced. The two biggest talents are Chiellini and Santacroce, they are great no doubt, but they have alot to live up to.
Gabriel489
06-05-2009, 09:32
First of all, I meant to say De Silvestre is over-rated at the moment, just like when Zaccardo, Barazhi, Bonera and Legro were when they were at his age. Ofcourse, De Silvestre can prove me wrong but unless he plays regularly for his team and is solid throughout like Santon, to me DS is still a youngster and not a future star.
Having two Brazilian CBs could be a great thing, as long as those CBs are quality. Name top 10 current CB for the past three years and I am sure you will find it hard not to have 2-3 Brazilian names there. The thing is that if Juan, Alex, Lucio Breno, and T. Silva are playing for us now instead of having Bonera, Kaladze, Senderous Darmian and Favalli, do you think we will still be second or won the league already.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but last match I saw Kaka played like a Striker, paired with Pippo.
If we can convert Kaka to a FC, that will be wonderful that:
- We don't need another Striker: Pippo, Pato, Bori and Kaka are more than enough.
- We can use Dinho as ACM, that means Kaka and Dinho can really play in a team, because they play in different positions.
- Kaka is great at finishing, through ball and short-range crossing. He hasn't used his longball skills since coming to Milan. So a support striker will suit him well.
- Gourcuff can compete with Dinho/Seedorf for ACM postion, which is easier than with Kaka. And he can.
Without any addition, Milan can play:
------------------Pato/Pippo/Bori-----------------Kaka----------------
--------------------------------Dinho/Gorky/Seedorf-------------------
-----Max/Janku---------------Pirlo/Seedorf-------------Beck/Rino------
---Zam/Janku/Anto----Nesta/Kala-----Silva/Bonera----Fla/Felipe/Anto---
------------------------------Dida/Abbiatti----------------------------
The "best":
-------------------Pato------------------Kaka----------------------
-----------------------------Gorky---------------------------------
------------Rino--------------Pirlo----------------Beck-------------
---Zam------------Nesta-----------------Silva------------Flamini---
-----------------------------Abbiatti-------------------------------
We just need one CD if Nesta can't not recover as expected. My prioritied list:
1. Santacroce (no need to explain)
2. Mexes (most possible), Kjaer, Zapata (maybe injury-prone)
3. Alex (expensive, hard to get), Lucio (after CL with Leverkusen and WC2002, he seemed lost his World Class title, the performance in Bayern was not convincing)
If we don't want to buy Felipe Mattioni (6M), Oddo can be good sub.
If Gorky won't be back and Beck, too, we need to buy one dynamic MC like Hamsik (we have 15M from Gorky, right?).
Aficio, if you ask me that's the only possibility of Gourcuff accepting Milan, sticking him on the left of midfield for example won't work and he won't be happy. I am sure Kaka can/has/will do as well as any in the more forward position.
You invent many names, but, as (reportedly) British says, "wait and see". :)
ACMILAN1983
06-05-2009, 10:17
De Silvestri is maybe well loved there, but he didn't get as many chances to play this season as the other ones ... so ...
That's true, but at his age, he's got the potential to make a step up. That said, it can't be argued he's lost his place to Lichtsteiner, who has done well for Lazio.
If this is true, I don't see the reason we should bring this guy to Milanello. He could have big talent but if he didn't get chances like stated above (maybe there were many reasons for that), why should Milan buy him?
Milan need a ready player otherwise I'll choose to use Flamini as fullback and bring in player from youth (or young player) as backup.
It depends on what we want really. I think De Silvestri is really talented and does have the quality to become a big player. At the same time, as I said above, it can't be denied he's lost his place in the side.
The reason I brought him up is because at his age he has plenty of room to grow, and so it's a possibility we could nurture him into a very good player. However, even I have questionmarks over him and whether he's worth the investment, but I think it just goes to show the lack of talented and available fullbacks in the game right now.
First of all, I meant to say De Silvestre is over-rated at the moment, just like when Zaccardo, Barazhi, Bonera and Legro were when they were at his age. Ofcourse, De Silvestre can prove me wrong but unless he plays regularly for his team and is solid throughout like Santon, to me DS is still a youngster and not a future star.
Is he really that overrated? Nobody really talks that much about him and I only made a suggestion he's a possibility. Most of what has been said about him is he's got a lot of potential and has done very well at both youth and senior level.
Zaccardo was a disappointment, but I don't think he was overrated, I simply don't know many people that spoke of him that highly. Barzagli may be overrated, but he isn't a bad defender. Solid and reliable.
Bonera wasn't overrated imo. He's always had a lot of talent and has shown in his time in Parma and in Milan that he's not a bad player in the slightest, even though he's never reached his potential, or the hopes people had for him.
Legro is another that's like Barzagli. Possibly a little overrated, but the guy isn't a bad defender. His initial failure when signed by Juve effectively ruined his career and he's had to rebuild his reputation.
Simply put, it's the risk faced with signing any upcoming prospects. Sometimes they fail and fall into oblivion. Sometimes they fail initially, but have the mental strength to comeback. Other times they succeed and be great all the way.
I think the most appropriate positon for Gorky is ACM, and I've just show it in my "formation" :D
If Kaka plays there (ACM), no chance for Gorky. So pushing Kaka higher maybe a solution.
Gourcuff played in 4-2-2-2 sistem withFrance NT, right ? As I remember it was him and Ribery + 2 forwards in the team. For Milan that is also acceptable if the other two dm's are strong, and we have strong dm's in Ambro, Rino, Flamini. Pirlo is a different story and special player, with him the 4-2-2-2 needs to be converted a bit. Also, Aficio showed a good picture where Rino plays on the left, which he used to play in some parts of old Lippi's squad that won the WC.
Adebayor - he lost some of his raw power and speed, I dont know why. Maybe its just a dip in the form, maybe his good season was just a glimpse. Im not following him so closely. But now and then he shows some brilliant reactions inside the box. And if he can raise his form like he had last year then for sure he can play for Milan. I still remember how fit Nesta had problems marking him ( aldough NEsta won, al always :) ).
And to be fair, Adebayor didnt do much as simply Arsenal were much inferior to United and didnt really press at any moment. Adebayor had few good hold ups of the ball, few dribblings, but he was completely isolated in both CL games and was playing 1 on 2 defenders all the time.
And what you say Siregar is the kind of reason that would have made us missing some players: just one for example, Pirlo ...
That is a different story. Pirlo was not reguler BUT it was in Inter. He played regularly (starter) when he was loaned by Inter to Brescia.
What I meant is why should we bring a player that is not YET good enough to be a starter in a small team such Lazio if we need a ready player in (left) fullback position.
If Silvestri has big talent, we should then buy him and loan him out next season.
on italian news they say Grosso wants to play in serie a again ( coz of the WC aguess ) and that Milan and Juve want him. I wouldnt be surprised if we replace Favalli for Grosso and buy one more CB. Grosso still plays very good football.
Geo Tav, have you seen Grosso in some games in France, how is he doing? For Italy he plays well as far as I can see.
Backline of Grosso-Thiago-Nesta-Zambrotta :) A bit old(except Thiago ) but for sure quality is not missing.
on italian news they say Grosso wants to play in serie a again ( coz of the WC aguess ) and that Milan and Juve want him. I wouldnt be surprised if we replace Favalli for Grosso and buy one more CB. Grosso still plays very good football.
Geo Tav, have you seen Grosso in some games in France, how is he doing? For Italy he plays well as far as I can see.
Backline of Grosso-Thiago-Nesta-Zambrotta :) A bit old(except Thiago ) but for sure quality is not missing.
I reply you by quoting myself as I said what I think about him on the previous page:
It's true that for the LBs, we can hardly find one outstanding player, and it's certainly not Grosso who is. He's not that good at defending (except with a very good defense alongside him, but this way, even Janku looks like a good defender), and he even doesn't cross anymore. If we take Grosso, you will add a player to bash in the team because he can't perform well more than twice in a row, and then he disappears for 10 games. Just look at what happened to him in Inter, and then look at his performances in Lyon.
Sorry man, I missed that post aguess. Again, I only see Grosso when he plays for the Azzuri, and he does well there. So I cant say more.
"The Amazing GeoTav"?!?!
I think you should stop predicting results for a while. If you hit one more, you will become unbearable to read. :grinser:
Just kidding, Geo, keep up the good work, always a pleasure reading your posts. :respect:
"The Amazing GeoTav"?!?!
I think you should stop predicting results for a while. If you hit one more, you will become unbearable to read. :grinser:
Just kidding, Geo, keep up the good work, always a pleasure reading your posts. :respect:
Sorry, I suddenly lost all my modesty ... :D
Back to more serious things, a Milan fan who doesn't have Internet and watched Barcelona playing for the first time tonight would probably think that it's better to call back Oddo even if we had a chance to have Alves !! :D
Sorry, I suddenly lost all my modesty ... :D
Back to more serious things, a Milan fan who doesn't have Internet and watched Barcelona playing for the first time tonight would probably think that it's better to call back Oddo even if we had a chance to have Alves !! :D
I think people without electricity somewhere on the end of the world have heard about Oddo and his crosses:grinser:
If tonight's game happened to AC Milan 90% of the world would call us thieves!! This is 2nd CL semi final that Barcelona cheated their way through. After Sheva's goal, this is the second time.
If I was a Chelsea player I dont know what I would say to ther ef. Those penalties are ridiculously obvious. This is a circus and a bribed ref. Noone normal can make 4 (5?) penalty mistakes in one game. Disgusting.
OMG, I actually agree with Mrki.:grinser:
The good thing is that Mister Rosetti will gain some experience by refereeing the final ... :D
PS: The last generation of referees was a lot better and more charismatic all over Europe (the generation of Collina and co), it's not tomorrow that a referee will be again onto the pictures of PES or any other football game ...
Christian
06-05-2009, 16:33
Yea, I agree Geotav, today's referee's seems alot worse. It's hard to say why, but perhaps the added attention to these mistakes, and the internet has helped. The reason I say this is that everytime a referee makes a mistake somewhere everybody keeps talking about it on forums, youtube clips gets uploaded, and blogs gets written about it. 10 years ago mistakes simply didn't get that much attention, because, you basicly had to watch the game, or some replay on the television to be able to acknowledge that there was a mistake.
Perhaps it is time to add video equipment to referee's, at least in the big competitions. They could have a guy sit in the back with a tv and chat with the ref on a wireless.
Sorry, I suddenly lost all my modesty ... :D
Back to more serious things, a Milan fan who doesn't have Internet and watched Barcelona playing for the first time tonight would probably think that it's better to call back Oddo even if we had a chance to have Alves !! :D
U right, Oddo is the best :devf:
However, it is even better to buy Alex or Terry, hehe :5schal:
The ref seemed to hate Chelsea for their football :D
U right, Oddo is the best :devf:
However, it is even better to buy Alex or Terry, hehe :5schal:
The ref seemed to hate Chelsea for their football :D
He's Norwegian - he loves that kind of football :dconf:
Brasileiro
06-05-2009, 17:42
[QUOTE=Snapster;529778]The reason is in the mentality and culture. Brazilians love to attack that's why they grace the world with such attacking football as they prefer to outscore the opposition, just like Italians are known for their defensive qualities.
Having an entire back four with such a mentality would be suicide in the Italian league and possibly Europe. One or two I would consider balanced, particularly full backs as the modern fullback should know attacking and defending, but I would also balance that with some good solid central defenders, ie a Stam, a Nesta, a Maldini etc, you need solidarity at the back.
EDIT - 2:
Look, I was reading your discussion with Siregar after my little rant here in this post, and when I saw what you wrote:" all back four going forward"...I really regret to have answered you. Thereīs no point to discuss with your type of logic(prejudice). So, I delete my first post.
I love MM and the level here, so I will not lose my time(and of the others) to spot MM with my rant. I really donīt stand prejudice and arrogance, and since we live so far(and canīt resolve this thing), you are in my ignored list, if that tool exist here...
Brasileiro
06-05-2009, 18:08
If tonight's game happened to AC Milan 90% of the world would call us thieves!! This is 2nd CL semi final that Barcelona cheated their way through. After Sheva's goal, this is the second time.
If I was a Chelsea player I dont know what I would say to ther ef. Those penalties are ridiculously obvious. This is a circus and a bribed ref. Noone normal can make 4 (5?) penalty mistakes in one game. Disgusting.
Couldnīt agree more.
I was mad at Barįa since that game, and after they whining a lot this week about Chelsea toughness(imo Chelsea play is tough, but fair), Barįa is after Inter and Juve my most hated team in the world!!
Did you guys watch Drogba antics for the camera after the game?? Man, never like Drogba, but after today, he earn my respect!!
Christian
06-05-2009, 18:09
Seems like there'll be a mass clearout from Roma this season:
Goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/06/1250301/daniele-de-rossi-could-leave-roma-vincenzo-morabito)
It seems almost certain that we'll pick up Mexes at this point. Though the only Roma player I'd really like would be De Rossi, but that'll never happen. Though Vucinic is a great talent aswell.
Marcelo-Thiago/Lucio/Juan-Alex-Maicon-
I can see only England havin better back 4 these days, and Azzuri who simply have defence in their football school and simply know how do defend smart instinctively.
Times when Brasilians were considered to be poor defenders are over, as well as times when brasilian GK's were considered flops.
EDIT:
Chelsea play tough, but I dont understand why to people who support Barca cry about it? I always liked Barca but their behaviour in past 5 years is ridiculous and spoiled.
If someone plays tougher then you, that means he is phisically stronger and he can do that. Its like we ask from Messi to play slower... I also have to say that I enjoyed the way France won vs Brazil in the last WC, aldough I like Brazil much more then France. Beauty of football is not only in dribblings, touches, volleys. Beauty of football is also in brains, markings, patience, ability to make the rithm dead for periods of time and then strike out of "nothing" ( which is actually brilliant way of palying football but people dont get it, they like players running like chickens. Milan used to have that power.). Beauty of football is also in smart fouls, in players like Cannavaro, Nesta, impassable guys like Gattuso etc.
That is why my love was always with the Azzuri and Milan ( after Croatia of course). Coz of the brains that play, not only legs that run.
I will support United, coz Barcelona stole the semi final!
Brasileiro
06-05-2009, 19:19
[QUOTE=mrki;529894]Marcelo-Thiago/Lucio/Juan-Alex-Maicon-
I can see only England havin better back 4 these days, and Azzuri who simply have defence in their football school and simply know how do defend smart instinctively.
Times when Brasilians were considered to be poor defenders are over, as well as times when brasilian GK's were considered flops.
Yep, my friend.
Iīm really glad Thiago is in Italy(even more at Milan) because imo it will improve his defensive skills a lot!
Work with Carlo, Tassoti, Maldini, Nesta will give so much...our problem now is in the defensive middle position. Gilberto Silva and Josue arenīt the answers, and Dunga didnīt test potential young guys like Rafael Carioca, Jean or Sandro.
our RB is settled with Daniel and Maicon. Central defense never had this depth. Goalkeeper reserve is open. Attack imo is ready: Luís Fabiano, Pato, Robinho, Nilmar. LB we have a talent like Marcelo but that is raw at defend( He remember me a lot the young Daniel Alves) and Maxwell that Dunga never called:confused:
Sad that we will lose one more great generation because of a average coach(Dunga and Parreira).
EDIT:
Chelsea play tough, but I dont understand why to people who support Barca cry about it? I always liked Barca but their behaviour in past 5 years is ridiculous and spoiled.
If someone plays tougher then you, that means he is phisically stronger and he can do that. Its like we ask from Messi to play slower... I also have to say that I enjoyed the way France won vs Brazil in the last WC, aldough I like Brazil much more then France. Beauty of football is not only in dribblings, touches, volleys. Beauty of football is also in brains, markings, patience, ability to make the rithm dead for periods of time and then strike out of "nothing" ( which is actually brilliant way of palying football but people dont get it, they like players running like chickens. Milan used to have that power.). Beauty of football is also in smart fouls, in players like Cannavaro, Nesta, impassable guys like Gattuso etc.
That is why my love was always with the Azzuri and Milan ( after Croatia of course). Coz of the brains that play, not only legs that run.
I will support United, coz Barcelona stole the semi final!
100% right one more time. At least here in Brazil no one blame France for the way they played against us. They were tough, but loyal(like Chelsea), and show more organization and desire. The best team(in the game) won at that time...not like today, with that referee...
Brasileiro
06-05-2009, 19:32
@Siregar: This guy agree with me...To be fair, he has more hope on Alex Silva than me.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/06/1249645/hamburg-defender-alex-silva-not-ready-for-milan-sebastien-heier
Unbelievable how the ref. tonight missed all those calls. He could have easily given 4 penalties out of which 2 were so clearly visible that it was a crime not to call them (one of the being the Pique handball). He also messed up in giving a red card to Abidal.....my opinion is that there is no way that was a red card.
Anyhow, life is rough and Chelsea have to live with it.....after all like you mentioned here, we already lived with it when Shevchenko's goal was called off on a non-existent foul.
All in all, Chelsea played a great and tough game today. They defended wonderfully and were tough to beat to the ball. They played football the way it is supposed to be played. It's funny how when there is 8/9 players behind the ball at all times (something Milan faces week in week out in Italy) Barcelona's little passes and tricky plays become pointless. Players like Xavi and Iniesta all of a sudden had not clue of what to do with the ball.
About the clear out at Roma.....all I have to say is for the good of Serie A, I hope it doesn't happen. The league is finally getting stronger as a whole, and finally there are other clubs that have some money and are spending making the league tougher(Napoli, Fiorentina, Genoa). If Roma 'does a Lazio' it certainly will hurt Serie A. We'll see what happens.
spina_don
06-05-2009, 23:11
Guys, my friend whom happen'd to be a Chelsea fan said that the refree was shot after the match on the chest by a chelsea fan but was then taken to the hospital...I don't know if its true or not....
hitmannq8
07-05-2009, 01:47
Guys, my friend whom happen'd to be a Chelsea fan said that the refree was shot after the match on the chest by a chelsea fan but was then taken to the hospital...I don't know if its true or not....
its true... jack bauer has kidnapped the referee to make sure he is safe
Maltese Charlie
07-05-2009, 02:04
If I am not mistaken, this is the same referee who cancelled Luca Toni's goal in the European Finals between Italy and Romania.
ACMILAN1983
07-05-2009, 03:15
Seems like there'll be a mass clearout from Roma this season:
Goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/06/1250301/daniele-de-rossi-could-leave-roma-vincenzo-morabito)
It seems almost certain that we'll pick up Mexes at this point. Though the only Roma player I'd really like would be De Rossi, but that'll never happen. Though Vucinic is a great talent aswell.
I think Mexes is looking much more of a reality after these comments from Morabito. De Rossi would be a dream if we could get him. It would mean Flamini stays at RB, but De Rossi is too good to pass up.
Did u see what Uli Hoeness said yesterday ''I know that Franck Ribery would like to see Sebastien Frey join the club this summer. However, Fiorentina have set a €10 million asking price, which is simply too much for us''
not that much for Frey..
@Siregar: This guy agree with me...To be fair, he has more hope on Alex Silva than me.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/06/1249645/hamburg-defender-alex-silva-not-ready-for-milan-sebastien-heier
Thank you Brasileiro. You said in other thread that Thiago Silva was the one who was worth for Milan to buy (big difference in price between them at that time).
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may7c.html
Here is Maldini's opinion of Thiago Silva and a type of defender who stays close to him. I don't know why Maldini chose Favalli for the player and not Nesta and still don't fully understand what Maldini meant by 'by his side or close tho Silva'. It could be that Favalli can 'teach' him in training or Maldini meant that Favalli should play with him in real game.
What ever it is, Maldini's word about Silva makes me more confident about Thiago Silva's quality.
Thank you Brasileiro. You said in other thread that Thiago Silva was the one who was worth for Milan to buy (big difference in price between them at that time).
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may7c.html
Here is Maldini's opinion of Thiago Silva and a type of defender who stays close to him. I don't know why Maldini chose Favalli for the player and not Nesta and still don't fully understand what Maldini meant by 'by his side or close tho Silva'. It could be that Favalli can 'teach' him in training or Maldini meant that Favalli should play with him in real game.
What ever it is, Maldini's word about Silva makes me more confident about Thiago Silva's quality.
Actually, it seems that the contract extension that was reported some months ago for Favalli (one more year to his contract to end in June 2010) was true. He showed good things, he showed he is smart when he plays at CB, which is a bit less physical than the LB position and so it's probably why he does better there ...
Anyway, Favalli is known as the "Teacher" or "Professor", so that probably means he helps younger people with his experience, which is good too ...
Actually, it seems that the contract extension that was reported some months ago for Favalli (one more year to his contract to end in June 2010) was true. He showed good things, he showed he is smart when he plays at CB, which is a bit less physical than the LB position and so it's probably why he does better there ...
Anyway, Favalli is known as the "Teacher" or "Professor", so that probably means he helps younger people with his experience, which is good too ...
Actually Favalli already proved it in the beginning of the season when our CBs were Bonera and Favalli and we made the best defence until 10 or so games but the people's hate on him was almost same with Emerson and only news source (goal.crap if I remember correctly) who praised him for his performance as CB.
Well, I am not against the renewal for another 1 year but Ancelotti's biased decision on picking players worries me a bit. :D
Seriously we still need a high quality CB for next season.
I was reading something about refs and I remembered how Graham Poll booked Šimunić ( now in Herta Berlin ) THREE times in a WC game Australia-Croatia in the last WC. Its was a comedy! Simunic gets booked for the second time and walks away to his position and plays untill he commits third fould for a yellow card and then Poll books him with the red card. :) :)
Off topic, but for a laugh.
We'll be destroyed in cl with favalli as cb. reach a certain age in italy and automatically you are called professor, even if you've onl;y ever been an average journeyman. What a fall from baresi, maldini, nesta to favalli.
Christian
07-05-2009, 09:28
I don't think it's the plan that Favalli should be first choice defender. I would like him to stay though, since I'd much rather have him as a 4th choice than Kaladze. He's proven that, at least against the smaller teams, he's solid. And options for rotation isn't a bad thing.
Christian
07-05-2009, 09:36
Just read some other interesting news:
"Italian clubs are scrambling for Brazilian sensation Ciro Silva.
The Sport Recife striker, 19, is a star with Brazil U20 and is the subject of a massive offer from Ukraine giants Shakhtar Donetsk.
However, AC Milan and Fiorentina are also chasing Silva, who is rated at Ģ17 million by his minders.
Investment firm 'Europe Sports Football Brazil' hold Silva's transfer rights, while Adidas are also involved. Indeed, it's suggested the sportswear giants favour the striker moving to partner club Milan so to make the most of his growing profile."
triblefootball.com (http://www.tribalfootball.com/adidas-keen-brazilian-sensation-ciro-silva-make-ac-milan-move-242995)
Anyone heard of Ciro Silva? I have to admit I've never heard him mentioned before.
ACMILAN1983
07-05-2009, 09:58
We'll be destroyed in cl with favalli as cb. reach a certain age in italy and automatically you are called professor, even if you've onl;y ever been an average journeyman. What a fall from baresi, maldini, nesta to favalli.
Favalli has done really well this season and exceeded all expectations. I don't think anyone by any means wants to keep him as a first choice CB next season, but as a backup in the squad he could be useful.
rosoneri_11
07-05-2009, 10:06
For me if we want to make a great team like Milan of the past 3-4 years we must buy 2 great backs! Man Utd,Chelsea,Barca,Inter the best teams of the world has great bakcs.The role of a fullback is very important to a team, with his runs he can help in the attacking part.Also they are and defenders so, after a big run they run again to come back to their defence and help the team. Their role is very important for the team.
The second is to Change ou GK's, they are for laugh! Keep Abiatti as second, sell the finished Dida and Kalac and buy a good young (Loris,Akinfeev)
Third one good DC.I don't care, if you are called Milan and you want to win CL or Serie-A you need a World class DC, all the great teams have for sure 1, or 2!
In midfield if Gorgy returns we are ok.If Ronnie has lost his desire for football, get rid of him and go for the great wonder kid of Valencia Silva(lazy players are finished for great teams, instead with us).
The last thing is the striker.After the loss of the old good $heva in attack we have lost 1 goal for each game, from his exit until now we have not find anything good eccept Pato.But the duck is to young to score 25-30 goals in each season, we need a ready World class striker(last summer we lost Eto the perfect striker right now with Villa). Villa,Eto are the best solutions, after them i would like Adebayor,Zlatan(he want's to leave),Milito,Benzema.
About Favalli, of course, he's not going to be our first choice CB next season !! Who would want him as the first choice ?
But in some Serie A games, he can be used, especially alongside one of our new CBs (rotation).
Look, it's simple actually: Maldini is retiring, Nesta is unlikely to come back (it's what I think, if other people want to hope, I let them do it by hoping their hope will become true :D), who's our best CB nowadays ?
Kaladze ? Injured and terrible since the beginning of this season.
Bonera ? Injury-prone and average this season (sad because he showed great things at the end of the last season)
Favalli ...
So keeping him a last year is the best option we have, because let's imagine that the duo Thiago Silva - Unknown new CB doesn't work, or let's imagine that we have a new injury crisis in our defence, we will all be happy to have Favalli as a CB for some games after what he showed this year (I mean, if we are serious, we clearly know we won't buy 3-4 CBs, because sometimes, it seems like some people want Kaladze and Favalli to go, but this way, we just have Bonera and Thiago Silva for next year !!).
For me if we want to make a great team like Milan of the past 3-4 years we must buy 2 great backs! Man Utd,Chelsea,Barca,Inter the best teams of the world has great bakcs.The role of a fullback is very important to a team, with his runs he can help in the attacking part.Also they are and defenders so, after a big run they run again to come back to their defence and help the team. Their role is very important for the team.
The second is to Change ou GK's, they are for laugh! Keep Abiatti as second, sell the finished Dida and Kalac and buy a good young (Loris,Akinfeev)
Third one good DC.I don't care, if you are called Milan and you want to win CL or Serie-A you need a World class DC, all the great teams have for sure 1, or 2!
In midfield if Gorgy returns we are ok.If Ronnie has lost his desire for football, get rid of him and go for the great wonder kid of Valencia Silva(lazy players are finished for great teams, instead with us).
The last thing is the striker.After the loss of the old good $heva in attack we have lost 1 goal for each game, from his exit until now we have not find anything good eccept Pato.But the duck is to young to score 25-30 goals in each season, we need a ready World class striker(last summer we lost Eto the perfect striker right now with Villa). Villa,Eto are the best solutions, after them i would like Adebayor,Zlatan(he want's to leave),Milito,Benzema.
Give realistic and available players to buy !! It's easy to say that mate, it's like saying the best solution would be to buy Chiellini and Santacroce, Alves, Essien, Gerrard and Torres, this way, we will be the best ...
Lloris: unlikely to move from Lyon because he only arrived last year !!
Akinfeev: unlikely to come to Milan probably because of his high price ...
Silva: all depends on our formation, but I think he could be a possible solution.
Villa: of course, he would be a solution for all teams in the world, but look at his possible price (more than 40M I think).
Eto'o: unlikely to come as I think he will stay in Barcelona and renew his contract ... anyway, we can't compete with English teams to have him and I don't think he is a friend of Ronnie.
Adebayor: said once again he would stay in Arsenal at 100% and doesn't want to leave, we are all upset with Spanish medias for their made-up stories about Kaka', but it looks like we don't care when some English-Italian medias do the same thing (less aggressive than the Spanish ones anyway :D) for us.
Ibrahimovic: Inter player, Inter star player I mean, no way he comes nor wants to come ...
Milito: it's maybe possible if his price isn't too high, but anyway, why would he leave Genoa after one year only (he's the king there), and especially if his team can play the next CL.
Benzema: looking at his performances this season and the price that will be asked, and knowing that he said he will stay one more year and probably leave then in Lyon, I don't see him like a possible solution ...
Hasan Rossonero
07-05-2009, 12:58
Give realistic and available players to buy !! It's easy to say that mate, it's like saying the best solution would be to buy Chiellini and Santacroce, Alves, Essien, Gerrard and Torres, this way, we will be the best ...
Lloris: unlikely to move from Lyon because he only arrived last year !!
Akinfeev: unlikely to come to Milan probably because of his high price ...
Silva: all depends on our formation, but I think he could be a possible solution.
Villa: of course, he would be a solution for all teams in the world, but look at his possible price (more than 40M I think).
Eto'o: unlikely to come as I think he will stay in Barcelona and renew his contract ... anyway, we can't compete with English teams to have him and I don't think he is a friend of Ronnie.
Adebayor: said once again he would stay in Arsenal at 100% and doesn't want to leave, we are all upset with Spanish medias for their made-up stories about Kaka', but it looks like we don't care when some English-Italian medias do the same thing (less aggressive than the Spanish ones anyway :D) for us.
Ibrahimovic: Inter player, Inter star player I mean, no way he comes nor wants to come ...
Milito: it's maybe possible if his price isn't too high, but anyway, why would he leave Genoa after one year only (he's the king there), and especially if his team can play the next CL.
Benzema: looking at his performances this season and the price that will be asked, and knowing that he said he will stay one more year and probably leave then in Lyon, I don't see him like a possible solution ...
Regarding Adebayor--the Italian and English press quoted him. Also, it seems that Milan were in London to watch Arsenal-Man U.
This does not sink to the level of AS, who fabricate dialogue.
What a list :D
However, we lost 67M this year, dude. It looks like a dream ^^
One more good CB, experienced or promising.
Push Kaka or Dinho to FC, Gorky backs, Flamini plays RB. All injured players recovered. Let's find some balanced squad :D
As much as I think we NEED someone like Adebayor (look how much our game improved when Inzaghi was fit and played as the lone targetman), I can't see us forking out that much cash on one player. The only way I see us getting him is by throwing Gourcuff in the deal, which really would be a shame. BUt then again, no point having Gourcuff in the team if there isnt enought space for him (Seedorf, R80, Kaka, Pato, Beckham--where will Gourcuff play??).
Wonder whether we should just stick with Boriello again next year.
I was really impressed with David Santon of Inter against Man Utd. I won't mind him replacing Paolo Maldini. David Santon, Chillini, Santacrose and Bonera :) I think the days of Italy having great defenders are coming back very soon, because I still feel that Bonera could shine at later stages of his career like Cannavaro to an extent
You honestly think there is even a 0.0001% chance that Inter would allow hiim to leave to join us?
Actually, who knows, maybe if we give them Coco or Guly in part exchange :)
Filipéz 182
08-05-2009, 00:58
Actually, who knows, maybe if we give them Coco or Guly in part exchange :)
aaaah the good old times :D
As much as I think we NEED someone like Adebayor (look how much our game improved when Inzaghi was fit and played as the lone targetman), I can't see us forking out that much cash on one player. The only way I see us getting him is by throwing Gourcuff in the deal, which really would be a shame. BUt then again, no point having Gourcuff in the team if there isnt enought space for him (Seedorf, R80, Kaka, Pato, Beckham--where will Gourcuff play??).
Wonder whether we should just stick with Boriello again next year.
Some reports are about a proposal to trade Boriello+cash to have Milito from Genoa ... I'm really shared by that: Milito is a top striker, but Boriello was too in Genoa, also Boriello didn't have a real chance this year because of these weird injuries, so I'm shared between keeping him and giving him a chance or trying to take as soon as possible Milito to have an available striker from the start of the next season.
I'm also shared because if the 6+5 rule is valid soon, we're going to be in trouble if we trade our Italian players after seeing some of our Italian defenders maybe retiring (Maldini and maybe Nesta if we believe the rumours, Favalli next year) and with our Italian midfielders being older and maybe ineffective when this rule will be applied ...
About the first bold part, all depends on our objectives: trying to win the three competitions (Serie A, CL and Italian Cup) and playing seriously in each one, not like the last years when we clearly didn't want to play this Italian Cup and gave up a bit too fast to compete in Serie A (well, this year, we are 7 points behind Inter and it looks like our players believe that something could happen since we were 14 points behind them 4 matchdays ago, some years, when we were 10 points behind a team, we thought it was over and we should concentrate on CL).
So if we want to compete in each competition, a strong midfield is needed, even if that means that some players get a little less time on the pitch (instead of 50+ games played for Gourcuff, if he plays 35-40 games and has a chance to win CL in these games, then that'll be good for him too I think as he will play a good enough amount of games and will not be too tired for the WC).
I can't edit the previous post ...
A deal would have been concluded by Inter to have Milito: 16M + the Inter part (I think) of co-ownership of Acquafresca + the loan of Bonucci (young defender loaned in Pisa)
But we can still do to Inter what they did to us with ... who was he, a flop player in Inter :D, huuum it's difficult to find his name, Suazo !!
Christian
08-05-2009, 05:50
Actually, who knows, maybe if we give them Coco or Guly in part exchange :)
Haha, best comment ever!
About Milito for Borrielo, I think that would be rediculess. He's had a freak season, but we can't go pick up strikers everytime they have a good season. We have already spent money on Borrielo, he's Italian, and he's now been in Milan for a year (again), so I don't see how Milito would be so much an upgrade, not to mention Milito is older aswell.
We need 4 strikers, we only have 2 valid ones, Pato and Borriello, for the next season (for the whole season, if everything is ok) + Inzaghi who can help here and there ...
What about Gudjonhsen ? He seems to want to leave Barcelona ...
The guy is good at headings, he has some good technical skills, he seems to be a fighter when he plays (I mean, he has grinta), I think he's the kind of guy who can be useful in a long season like the next one.
I don't like GoodJohnson, he reminds me on Guti...An average attacker who started to play in midfield, pretending he's some kind of trequartista...too average for Milan.
If you don't like the idea of moving Kaka/Dinho into Forward postion.
If the like of Trez, Sheva, Cruz,... do not convince you.
Then signing Adebayor at all cost or bringing back Paloschi a year sooner will do.
However, where is Viudez? If he is only 1m60 tall, he must have something special.
I don't like GoodJohnson, he reminds me on Guti...An average attacker who started to play in midfield, pretending he's some kind of trequartista...too average for Milan.
It was just an idea ... I don't want him as a first choice but like a 4th choice to play against the smallest teams. It can't be worse than Sheva this season or last seasons in Chelsea (hihi I know, some people are going to again defend him by saying he didn't have a clear chance to show anything ...).
He scored 80 goals in 6 seasons in Chelsea which is ... average, true :D
And just saw he is 31 ...
gregapenny
08-05-2009, 12:17
Today in an interview Kaka said that he grew as a footballer. He said that know he realize, that he is much more efficient closer to the goal and that Ancelotti is also happier... Maybe Kaka will really be transformed to a striker. Kaka also said that with him closer to the goal, Ronaldinho can easily play behind him...
Brasileiro
08-05-2009, 15:49
Thank you Brasileiro. You said in other thread that Thiago Silva was the one who was worth for Milan to buy (big difference in price between them at that time).
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may7c.html
Here is Maldini's opinion of Thiago Silva and a type of defender who stays close to him. I don't know why Maldini chose Favalli for the player and not Nesta and still don't fully understand what Maldini meant by 'by his side or close tho Silva'. It could be that Favalli can 'teach' him in training or Maldini meant that Favalli should play with him in real game.
What ever it is, Maldini's word about Silva makes me more confident about Thiago Silva's quality.
Thanks, Siregar...
Also, I am happy to see what Maldini said about Thiago Silva...
Remember when I said that in Brazil 99% of the people thought Thiago was the best in the world, and I(of the 1%) said that he was unexperienced, and needed time to adapt to European game? Besides the potential to be one of the best in the world, the best thing for him was these 6 months working with the team without be throw to the wolves...
Great to see what Maldini is saying...after all, this "boy", our captain, knows one or two things about the art of to be a defender:smileani:
Brasileiro
08-05-2009, 16:01
Just read some other interesting news:
"Italian clubs are scrambling for Brazilian sensation Ciro Silva.
The Sport Recife striker, 19, is a star with Brazil U20 and is the subject of a massive offer from Ukraine giants Shakhtar Donetsk.
However, AC Milan and Fiorentina are also chasing Silva, who is rated at Ģ17 million by his minders.
Investment firm 'Europe Sports Football Brazil' hold Silva's transfer rights, while Adidas are also involved. Indeed, it's suggested the sportswear giants favour the striker moving to partner club Milan so to make the most of his growing profile."
triblefootball.com (http://www.tribalfootball.com/adidas-keen-brazilian-sensation-ciro-silva-make-ac-milan-move-242995)
Anyone heard of Ciro Silva? I have to admit I've never heard him mentioned before.
Another case of agent and press working together...
Ciro is one to keep an eye, no doubt. But letīs see what he can do more in Libertadores and in Brasileirão.
He wasnīt even a starter in the last South America Championship, and they are saying a star with Brazil U20 NT??? Cīmon...
Despite that not be a problem(been in Brazil U20 NT), as several great players of Brazil never played in youth NT, this article is a typical "agent paying press" type of article.
That said, Ciro is a interesting prospect, as heīs fast, strong and has talent. Sure we can do a Viudez/Cardacio/Grime type of business, but I doubt it will happen again.
Said that...who knows?.
Milan for next seazon need at least 3 new players - LB, CB, ST(target man)
I read in some sites that we will have a budget of 25-30€ mil for next seazon
We need a careful, cheap and smart mercato
For a striker I have in mind Edin Dzeko
First of all he is a Milan fan and I think he could compare wth Ibra, only 23 yo and 1.92m (like Ibra) and he has very good technique despite off his height, he is bosnian, like ibra's parents are ( I know that's not important :D) and I think he could be better than Ibra coz he is Milan fan and will play will all his heard, Ibra is just a mercenary who plays only for money
I think Dzeko is a striker that Milan need (traget man, young, cheap 10-15m)
what do you think ?
Thanks, Siregar...
Also, I am happy to see what Maldini said about Thiago Silva...
Remember when I said that in Brazil 99% of the people thought Thiago was the best in the world, and I(of the 1%) said that he was unexperienced, and needed time to adapt to European game? Besides the potential to be one of the best in the world, the best thing for him was these 6 months working with the team without be throw to the wolves...
True. As you said, he failed (with many reasons) with his previous experience in Europe. That's why a 6 months without playing actually has advantage for him (with disadvantage of course). He could adapt with all things in Serie A (Italy) without worriying to give all the best he can in a game, just like Pato did. Plus to learn from the master of defense like Maldini or an experienced and wise player at our central defense this season, Favalli.
Maybe he will suffer in some games which is actually not bad for him for his experience but I think he will be a very good addition for Milan defense.
Great to see what Maldini is saying...after all, this "boy", our captain, knows one or two things about the art of to be a defender:smileani:
Exactly. Even if Maldini is not a good scout, he at least can rate a CB if that CB has things to be a good CB (evaluating the real ability of a player, not predicting a future or young player).
I still remember Thiago Silva said like that he wants to be Maldini's heir. It sounds arrogance but what I see is that this guy has a character namely very good confidence of his ability.
Milano84
08-05-2009, 17:03
Milan for next seazon need at least 3 new players - LB, CB, ST(target man)
I read in some sites that we will have a budget of 25-30 mil for next seazon
We need a careful, cheap and smart mercato
For a striker I have in mind Edin Dzeko
First of all he is a Milan fan and I think he could compare wth Ibra, only 23 yo and 1.92m (like Ibra) and he has very good technique despite off his height, he is bosnian, like ibra's parents are ( I know that's not important :D) and I think he could be better than Ibra coz he is Milan fan and will play will all his heard, Ibra is just a mercenary who plays only for money
I think Dzeko is a striker that Milan need (traget man, young, cheap 10-15m)
what do you think ?
theres alot wrong wit this post no offense.
1) 10-15 mil? where r u getting these numbers. He's been the revelation of the second half the bundesliga, his manager likes him and wolfsburg arent short on cash. This summer 15 is probably the minimum fee he;d attract
2) ibrahimovic? Lets get real.... ibra is 1 of te most talented footballers skill wise in the world. Id go so far to say behind ronaldinho there is no1 else more skilled on the bal, which is amazing considering his size. Ibra isnt clinical therefor not an ideal CF but i dont think there is ANYONE similar to him in terms of skill and physical attributes. As muc as we may hate him as milan fans i will respect him, as he's brilliant.
Dzeko has good tecnique, but its comparable to drogba or maybe adebayor. He's not just a bumbling big man, but ibrahimovic is a huuuuge stretch.
What ibra does at inter really impreses me personally because he is both there trequarista and there cf. Creator and finisher. Its also a large reason y they dont do well in CL. In itly they just overpower small clubs midfield and he takes on defense by himself when eh gets ball.... in europe you're not just gonna overpower man utd or liverpool with muntari, zanetti etc. And zlatan is often trapped in corners with no support and no1 (sans maicon but hes a rb) able to take on defenders...
I think half a year with no official match will be good for Thiago Silva, too.
But I do not know wether there will be another Pato/Silva case next season :D
slifersd
08-05-2009, 17:12
Exactly. Even if Maldini is not a good scout, he at least can rate a CB if that CB has things to be a good CB (evaluating the real ability of a player, not predicting a future or young player).
I still remember Thiago Silva said like that he wants to be Maldini's heir. It sounds arrogance but what I see is that this guy has a character namely very good confidence of his ability.
Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but I would not take Maldini's comments too seriously. Maldini works for Milan and speaks for Galliani and Berlusconi just like every other player on this team. Of course he is going to glorify Thiago Silva because he is already signed. Just like what the management did to practically every other flop they brought in. As good as I think Silva is, I do not think he is special enough to actually be Maldini's true heir. This whole thing reminds me of what Nesta said a couple of years ago about how Digao (Kaka's brother) can be his heir. And we all know how that one worked out. Time will of course tell whether Thiago is good enough to be the new Maldini, but I wouldn't put too much hope into that scenario just yet.
As far as the striker department is concerned, one would have to think that we should have learned our lessons from previous summers and actually spend big this summer. For years, we spent pennies on everyone else's dollar and ended up with one flop after another. As a result, our revenue declined and our financial situation got worse and worse. In order to get us back on top both on and off the field, we HAVE to spend big and sign the big name players we need. Yes, that means we need a star CB (as it seems Mexes or Lucio will be the one); and yes that means we need to spend a lot of money and sign a world class CF (someone in Adebayor's level). If we continue penny picking because "we are in red this year", then we will continue this vicious cycle and ends up even worse than we were last year. Our formation needs a powerful CF who can put the ball in the net. Pato is great, but with his physical limitations, he is not the guy for that role. Borriello, on the other hand, just isn't world class. I mean, when you talk about CFs in the world, you don't even put Borriello in that discussion. This summer is the time for us to ride this momentum we have been on and get us over the hump with a few great players, even if they are expensive.
Maldini is Baresi's heir.
Nesta is Maldini's heir.
And we can not point out exactly the heir of Nesta now. He might be Santacroce, or even Silva has the potential. Let's see.
About Striker, my idea is pushing Kaka or Dinho to FC. If not, then we really need to spend big, even Trez will not come cheap.
Brasileiro
08-05-2009, 17:25
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2009/05/07/1251246/calcio-debate-alexandre-pato-stars-at-milan-sebastian-giovinco-ro
This article shows what a coach can do to a young player career...
Carlo has his flaws, but what the other Italian is doing with this boy(Jovinco) is criminal!!!
I remember how Patoīs confidence was throw on the floor after some time with Dunga at Brazil Olympics NT. Pato start the season playing so badly:sigh:
Back to the article, itīs incredible how a guy like Ranieri still has a job in a big club. It was this coach, the one that Romario said that yell at him because he lob the ball over the keeper to score a amazing goal in Valencia. Ranieri said it was unprofessional:rolleyes:
Man, and people still put the blame on the numbers of foreigners in Serie A, when it was a Italian coach the one not playing, and most important, not developing a amazing young talent like Jovinco.
Imo itīs incredible also that a player like Jovinco is less used in Italian NT than a guy like Camoranesi.
Carlo isnīt perfect, but as Brazilian, Iīm glad that he and not guys like Ranieri and Lippi(a much better coach than Ranieri) isnīt the guy developing Pato...
Brasileiro
08-05-2009, 17:33
Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but I would not take Maldini's comments too seriously. Maldini works for Milan and speaks for Galliani and Berlusconi just like every other player on this team. Of course he is going to glorify Thiago Silva because he is already signed. Just like what the management did to practically every other flop they brought in. As good as I think Silva is, I do not think he is special enough to actually be Maldini's true heir. This whole thing reminds me of what Nesta said a couple of years ago about how Digao (Kaka's brother) can be his heir. And we all know how that one worked out. Time will of course tell whether Thiago is good enough to be the new Maldini, but I wouldn't put too much hope into that scenario just yet.
Good point, slifersd...
But any people that saw Thiago and Digão playing, will never put both in the same sentence. Digão was brought only to please Kaká. He did not even play for São Paulo first team. Thiago Silva was the best defender playing in Brazil(and South America best competition) the year he was brought...
Said that, imo we canīt put this pressure(Maldini heir) on him, because of his (lack of)experience. As I always said, the ideal situation was a more ready and world class defender to pair with him. Hope we can buy one...
Brasileiro
08-05-2009, 17:35
True. As you said, he failed (with many reasons) with his previous experience in Europe. That's why a 6 months without playing actually has advantage for him (with disadvantage of course). He could adapt with all things in Serie A (Italy) without worriying to give all the best he can in a game, just like Pato did. Plus to learn from the master of defense like Maldini or an experienced and wise player at our central defense this season, Favalli.
Maybe he will suffer in some games which is actually not bad for him for his experience but I think he will be a very good addition for Milan defense.
Exactly. Even if Maldini is not a good scout, he at least can rate a CB if that CB has things to be a good CB (evaluating the real ability of a player, not predicting a future or young player).
I still remember Thiago Silva said like that he wants to be Maldini's heir. It sounds arrogance but what I see is that this guy has a character namely very good confidence of his ability.
Thiago has all the tools to be Nesta heir...the style is so similar.
But what amazes me is his speed. Amazing for a defender...
slifersd
08-05-2009, 18:54
Good point, slifersd...
But any people that saw Thiago and Digão playing, will never put both in the same sentence. Digão was brought only to please Kaká. He did not even play for São Paulo first team. Thiago Silva was the best defender playing in Brazil(and South America best competition) the year he was brought...
Said that, imo we canīt put this pressure(Maldini heir) on him, because of his (lack of)experience. As I always said, the ideal situation was a more ready and world class defender to pair with him. Hope we can buy one...
That is exactly what I was trying to say. Although he has yet to play a single game in Serie A, a lot of people are putting a ton of pressure on this kid to be special right off the bat. This pressure could very well screw Thiago up mentally and turn him into another Gilardino. What us fans and more importantly the management needs to realize is that he will take some time to grow into the special player that he has the tools to be. And we as a team needs another world class CB to take the load on defense rather than throwing him into the fire since day one.
Christian
08-05-2009, 19:38
Another case of agent and press working together...
Ciro is one to keep an eye, no doubt. But letīs see what he can do more in Libertadores and in Brasileirão.
He wasnīt even a starter in the last South America Championship, and they are saying a star with Brazil U20 NT??? Cīmon...
Despite that not be a problem(been in Brazil U20 NT), as several great players of Brazil never played in youth NT, this article is a typical "agent paying press" type of article.
That said, Ciro is a interesting prospect, as heīs fast, strong and has talent. Sure we can do a Viudez/Cardacio/Grime type of business, but I doubt it will happen again.
Said that...who knows?.
Thanks for the input! For me and alot of Europeans, I think, it's hard to say whats true and whats false about the latest rumours, because we dont' watch every game.
I agree on the thing about pointing out Maldini's heir, because let's face it, noone is ever gonna replicate Maldini. In honosty we've been spoiled to have Maldini replicate Baresi (who is one of the greatest ever), and have Nesta even remotly replicate Maldini.
Pls I have 2 digress and forgive me for it people.
I heard that Juve are almost sure of Diego and I wanted to go on a juventus forum "juventuz".com to see the opinion of Juve fas but i suddenly discovered that u must be logged in 2 view the page now. It was not that way before. Im wondering if any Milan Mania members are members of the forum (i think mrki is if im not wrong)
Those managing the forum dont realise that a new person cant register on the forum because the 6 letters image that u need 2 put in does not show up when ur trying 2 register so it makes it imposible to register. If an member of this forum is also a member of their forum can u pls alert the managers of that forum.
I luv 2 follow the opinions of our rival fans so if somebody can help pls do!!!!!
anybody who can be of help should pls reply and once again sorry guyz 4 going off topic
I think at the rate we are going, its going to be impossible to actually BUY Maldini's heir. Players like Nesta aren't readily available anymore. We are probably going to have to DEVELOP Maldini's heir. Now it all depends on what Thiago Silva is really like in a real game----after all, if he has what it takes, in a few seasons he could prove to be worthy.
Pls I have 2 digress and forgive me for it people.
I heard that Juve are almost sure of Diego and I wanted to go on a juventus forum "juventuz".com to see the opinion of Juve fas but i suddenly discovered that u must be logged in 2 view the page now. It was not that way before. Im wondering if any Milan Mania members are members of the forum (i think mrki is if im not wrong)
Those managing the forum dont realise that a new person cant register on the forum because the 6 letters image that u need 2 put in does not show up when ur trying 2 register so it makes it imposible to register. If an member of this forum is also a member of their forum can u pls alert the managers of that forum.
I luv 2 follow the opinions of our rival fans so if somebody can help pls do!!!!!
I never go on rivals' forums but I think it's easy to think that Juventus fans are very happy to welcome Diego ...
As a Milan fan, I'm happy for them becayse Diego is a top player and Serie A needs to have top players in top teams again (and Serie A needs a strong Milan, a strong Inter, a strong Juventus, and maybe a bit less strong but strong enough to give problems to these 3 teams Roma, Fiorentina, Genoa, Napoli, Sampdoria, actually, historical Serie A teams).
Brasileiro
08-05-2009, 22:06
Good point, slifersd...
But any people that saw Thiago and Digão playing, will never put both in the same sentence. Digão was brought only to please Kaká. He did not even play for São Paulo first team. Thiago Silva was the best defender playing in Brazil(and South America best competition) the year he was brought...
Said that, imo we canīt put this pressure(Maldini heir) on him, because of his (lack of)experience. As I always said, the ideal situation was a more ready and world class defender to pair with him. Hope we can buy one...
That is exactly what I was trying to say. Although he has yet to play a single game in Serie A, a lot of people are putting a ton of pressure on this kid to be special right off the bat. This pressure could very well screw Thiago up mentally and turn him into another Gilardino. What us fans and more importantly the management needs to realize is that he will take some time to grow into the special player that he has the tools to be. And we as a team needs another world class CB to take the load on defense rather than throwing him into the fire since day one.
I got your point, slifersd...
I just use your post to talk about the same thing. This heir thing isnīt good for any player coming to Milan.
The history of Maldini in Milan donīt give a chance to any player be labeled his heir. I can see a Nesta heir in the future, but not a Maldini, since thereīs more in his history than just performances on the field.
What we need is a guy to create his own history in Milan, and as you said, take it easy with Thiago...
Brasileiro
08-05-2009, 22:17
Thanks for the input! For me and alot of Europeans, I think, it's hard to say whats true and whats false about the latest rumours, because we dont' watch every game.
I agree on the thing about pointing out Maldini's heir, because let's face it, noone is ever gonna replicate Maldini. In honosty we've been spoiled to have Maldini replicate Baresi (who is one of the greatest ever), and have Nesta even remotly replicate Maldini.
I understand, and the agents know it too. Thats and a press avid to sell newspaper and sites visits, do so bad for South American players.
Look at Gago in Real Madrid. I watched he playing a lot in Boca Juniors, and when I saw the "New Redondo" or "Redondoīs heir" first pages on European sites, a feel sorry for the boy. So, he goes to Madrid(a black role for foreigners), and people thought they would see a real new Redondo.
Now you have a guy playing badly, but that in another club(or without this pressure to be the new Redondo), I have no doubt he would be playing good. Heīs really a good player, but not the world class Redondo heir that his agent(and AS and Marca) sell to Europe.
But for the agent, the 20% is more important:rollani:
Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but I would not take Maldini's comments too seriously. Maldini works for Milan and speaks for Galliani and Berlusconi just like every other player on this team. Of course he is going to glorify Thiago Silva because he is already signed. Just like what the management did to practically every other flop they brought in. As good as I think Silva is, I do not think he is special enough to actually be Maldini's true heir. This whole thing reminds me of what Nesta said a couple of years ago about how Digao (Kaka's brother) can be his heir. And we all know how that one worked out. Time will of course tell whether Thiago is good enough to be the new Maldini, but I wouldn't put too much hope into that scenario just yet.
What I understand from the news is Maldini didn't said that Silva will be his heir. He said only about Silva's quality. Silva the one said that something like he want to be Maldini heir or so.
We can actually see if Maldini only wants to make his boss (Galliani co.) happy or just to support his boss by watching Silva's play or is it really his pure view about Silva. What Maldini said about Silva we could see in the games (Milan friendly games or his games in Brasil and with Brasil NT).
What I have seen is only from his games in friendly games (Milan and Brasil) but even it's only from friendly games we could see that he has something to be good for Milan like for example the game vs Hannover when we played averagely as a team. From Brasilian games, he won the best player or defender or so (forget what kind of award he achieved). What I am trying to say is that he now has proved something even it's not in Italy.
Compare to Digao (which I never read Nesta said like that, I could miss that news), Digao had nothing except the fact that he is Kaka's brother. Even in a friendly game or Coppa game, he didn't showed anything special, only an average play. Huge difference between Silva and Digao in terms of the quality their have while they are/were in Milan.
Chealse's just ended Sheva's contract (they lost 7M pounds)
Hey guy, I didn't say anything :D
rosoneri_11
09-05-2009, 03:37
Give realistic and available players to buy !! It's easy to say that mate, it's like saying the best solution would be to buy Chiellini and Santacroce, Alves, Essien, Gerrard and Torres, this way, we will be the best ...
Lloris: unlikely to move from Lyon because he only arrived last year !!
Akinfeev: unlikely to come to Milan probably because of his high price ...
Silva: all depends on our formation, but I think he could be a possible solution.
Villa: of course, he would be a solution for all teams in the world, but look at his possible price (more than 40M I think).
Eto'o: unlikely to come as I think he will stay in Barcelona and renew his contract ... anyway, we can't compete with English teams to have him and I don't think he is a friend of Ronnie.
Adebayor: said once again he would stay in Arsenal at 100% and doesn't want to leave, we are all upset with Spanish medias for their made-up stories about Kaka', but it looks like we don't care when some English-Italian medias do the same thing (less aggressive than the Spanish ones anyway :D) for us.
Ibrahimovic: Inter player, Inter star player I mean, no way he comes nor wants to come ...
Milito: it's maybe possible if his price isn't too high, but anyway, why would he leave Genoa after one year only (he's the king there), and especially if his team can play the next CL.
Benzema: looking at his performances this season and the price that will be asked, and knowing that he said he will stay one more year and probably leave then in Lyon, I don't see him like a possible solution ...
Sorry mate, without any offensive, if then we can't buy players like Gerrad,Torres,Eto or Cristiano Ronaldo ok its logical for wich reasons.
Now if we can't buy available players for sell its unlogical because they are so expensive.If we say that this player is available for buying but is expensive, or and the other is available but is expensive, then we can't buy noone.We can buy some crap not needed stars and stay at the level we are right now, you can't creat a great team if you dont splash moneys.Ok i understood that we can't sign Buffon,Cassilas or Chech but we can't say we can't sign Akinfeev because he is expensive.Then what we will do? just stay looking him going to ManUtd,Chelsea,Real M, or Barca? thats idiot move.
Otherwise we can buy Wenger with 30 milions per year and let him find for us the best talents of the world.
For last i will say don't expect players like Eto,Villa,Silva or some other great players to be signed for 6 and 8M if we go with this thougts we are finished before the new season starts.
rosoneri_11
09-05-2009, 04:00
sorry double post.....
Sorry mate, without any offensive, if then we can't buy players like Gerrad,Torres,Eto or Cristiano Ronaldo ok its logical for wich reasons.
Now if we can't buy available players for sell its unlogical because they are so expensive.If we say that this player is available for buying but is expensive, or and the other is available but is expensive, then we can't buy noone.We can buy some crap not needed stars and stay at the level we are right now, you can't creat a great team if you dont splash moneys.Ok i understood that we can't sign Buffon,Cassilas or Chech but we can't say we can't sign Akinfeev because he is expensive.Then what we will do? just stay looking him going to ManUtd,Chelsea,Real M, or Barca? thats idiot move.
Otherwise we can buy Wenger with 30 milions per year and let him find for us the best talents of the world.
For last i will say don't expect players like Eto,Villa,Silva or some other great players to be signed for 6 and 8M if we go with this thougts we are finished before the new season starts.
I'm sorry but I try to stay in the economical reality. In your list, if we splash money for one player, we won't for the others for example.
But I just don't see us spending 40M or more for one single player nowadays ...
rosoneri_11
09-05-2009, 06:35
I'm sorry but I try to stay in the economical reality. In your list, if we splash money for one player, we won't for the others for example.
But I just don't see us spending 40M or more for one single player nowadays ...
Then thats the difference of us with Inter,Barca,Chelsea,Man Utd and Liverpool they splashed the money and they have better team from us, its so simple.
I think the economical crisis means nothing for those teams, like last year they gonna splash again big moneys to make better their teams, instead of us keeping some finished players and trying to sign some not needed from other clubs or just pray Gorgy to come back and save our midfield or Pato next season to score 25-30 goals so we can say we are ok in attack.We have so many problems and we are trying to fix them with the wrong way.
If we don't make some good moves the new season will be exactly like this season A BIG NOTHING.
Without any offence mate Geo, im just writing all this with anger because i love our team and i want the best for her.
slifersd
09-05-2009, 06:37
What I understand from the news is Maldini didn't said that Silva will be his heir. He said only about Silva's quality. Silva the one said that something like he want to be Maldini heir or so.
We can actually see if Maldini only wants to make his boss (Galliani co.) happy or just to support his boss by watching Silva's play or is it really his pure view about Silva. What Maldini said about Silva we could see in the games (Milan friendly games or his games in Brasil and with Brasil NT).
What I have seen is only from his games in friendly games (Milan and Brasil) but even it's only from friendly games we could see that he has something to be good for Milan like for example the game vs Hannover when we played averagely as a team. From Brasilian games, he won the best player or defender or so (forget what kind of award he achieved). What I am trying to say is that he now has proved something even it's not in Italy.
Compare to Digao (which I never read Nesta said like that, I could miss that news), Digao had nothing except the fact that he is Kaka's brother. Even in a friendly game or Coppa game, he didn't showed anything special, only an average play. Huge difference between Silva and Digao in terms of the quality their have while they are/were in Milan.
I actually do not question the quality of Thiago Silva as I do think he is a very talented young defender who has a bright future. The problem, however, is that people (fans, Maldini and the management) have put an awful lot of expectations for a guy who hasn't played a single Serie A game. Pressure can work both ways in a young player's development, too much of it could very well destroy Silva's future the same way it did with Gilardino. Maldini's heir or not, the kid needs time and space to grow instead of being put into a spot of being the savior of Milan some people are making him out to be. Sure, he won the defender of the year (or whatever that title is called in Brazil) and starred for Brazilian NT, but that doesn't really say much about his success in Milan. Afterall, Roque Junior was the captain of the Brazillian NT for sometime and he sucked big time in Milan.
I am not really comparing Silva to Digao in terms of their capabilities but rather their situations. When Nesta made his comments, for reasons only he knows, he only tried to make his bosses happy. So, what is stopping Maldini from doing the exact same thing? Silva is a better player than Digao, no question about that, but is he really good enough to even be a starter for Milan by August, nevertheless the centerpiece of our defense? All I am saying is, give the kid his breathing room to grow into his own. And that means, sign another world class CB to carry our defense.
Then thats the difference of us with Inter,Barca,Chelsea,Man Utd and Liverpool they splashed the money and they have better team from us, its so simple.
I think the economical crisis means nothing for those teams, like last year they gonna splash again big moneys to make better their teams, instead of us keeping some finished players and trying to sign some not needed from other clubs or just pray Gorgy to come back and save our midfield or Pato next season to score 25-30 goals so we can say we are ok in attack.We have so many problems and we are trying to fix them with the wrong way.
If we don't make some good moves the new season will be exactly like this season A BIG NOTHING.
Without any offence mate Geo, im just writing all this with anger because i love our team and i want the best for her.
I understand but I prefer seeing my favourite team struggling a bit in mercatos than seeing my team splashing money like if we were totally mad each year (Chelsea, soon Manchester City, Manchester United, Inter, sometimes Liverpool, Real Madrid). I mean, Platini and Blatter have the same opinion about something: the clubs have to be economically healthy. Do you think that the ones just above are ? The healthiest in these ones is maybe Inter ...
I think we will see in some years an European organization, a kind of European DNCG (French organization that must check each economical situation of clubs in France at the start and the end of the season, and when a team has a debt, they are simply relegated to a lower division). If that's the case, because most of the European countries want this to be created except England, all clubs with debts will be in trouble. So if that means that we will be in trouble for 3-4 years (bad results) but then will be able to still compete in the highest competitions (because we have no economical issue), I have to admit that's ok for me ...
PS: It's more a long-term vision actually I try to adopt ... if I only watched results, of course, I would want the club to spend money for the best players in each position ...
We are connected to Drogba once again.
Is he the solution for us? Short term solution, of course.
Pato-Drogba partnership?
What do you guys think? He probably wouldn't cost more than 15 mil pounds?
I actually do not question the quality of Thiago Silva as I do think he is a very talented young defender who has a bright future. The problem, however, is that people (fans, Maldini and the management) have put an awful lot of expectations for a guy who hasn't played a single Serie A game. Pressure can work both ways in a young player's development, too much of it could very well destroy Silva's future the same way it did with Gilardino. Maldini's heir or not, the kid needs time and space to grow instead of being put into a spot of being the savior of Milan some people are making him out to be. Sure, he won the defender of the year (or whatever that title is called in Brazil) and starred for Brazilian NT, but that doesn't really say much about his success in Milan. Afterall, Roque Junior was the captain of the Brazillian NT for sometime and he sucked big time in Milan.
I am not really comparing Silva to Digao in terms of their capabilities but rather their situations. When Nesta made his comments, for reasons only he knows, he only tried to make his bosses happy. So, what is stopping Maldini from doing the exact same thing? Silva is a better player than Digao, no question about that, but is he really good enough to even be a starter for Milan by August, nevertheless the centerpiece of our defense? All I am saying is, give the kid his breathing room to grow into his own. And that means, sign another world class CB to carry our defense.
Agreed. But the word "young" does not quite suit, he is 25 now and is a man, not a boy anymore :whie:. I hope he's mature enough. :devf:
We are connected to Drogba once again.
Is he the solution for us? Short term solution, of course.
Pato-Drogba partnership?
What do you guys think? He probably wouldn't cost more than 15 mil pounds?
It is a good thing if we can buy him, his abilities and the price are OK. I could not find any important reason against it.
johncharles365
09-05-2009, 08:23
to be honest i think milan is going to limit spending to about 35 million euros this summer, the transfers i would expect is a new cf, cb and a goalkeeper.
what do you reckon of drogba, it would mean the end of shevcenko in a milan shirt and also limit borriello playing time. i would prefer paloshci back in a milan shirt or maybe fred. In terms cb i think there are 4 candidates highlighted alex silva, puyol, mexes, milan shouldn't limit spending on a defender. The problem is Nesta is back in training and if fit for next season will dominate the cb defense role. for goalkeeper we just need back up for abbiati so kenemi or merchatti would be good.
I actually do not question the quality of Thiago Silva as I do think he is a very talented young defender who has a bright future. The problem, however, is that people (fans, Maldini and the management) have put an awful lot of expectations for a guy who hasn't played a single Serie A game. Pressure can work both ways in a young player's development, too much of it could very well destroy Silva's future the same way it did with Gilardino. Maldini's heir or not, the kid needs time and space to grow instead of being put into a spot of being the savior of Milan some people are making him out to be. Sure, he won the defender of the year (or whatever that title is called in Brazil) and starred for Brazilian NT, but that doesn't really say much about his success in Milan. Afterall, Roque Junior was the captain of the Brazillian NT for sometime and he sucked big time in Milan.
I am not really comparing Silva to Digao in terms of their capabilities but rather their situations. When Nesta made his comments, for reasons only he knows, he only tried to make his bosses happy. So, what is stopping Maldini from doing the exact same thing? Silva is a better player than Digao, no question about that, but is he really good enough to even be a starter for Milan by August, nevertheless the centerpiece of our defense? All I am saying is, give the kid his breathing room to grow into his own. And that means, sign another world class CB to carry our defense.
Until now I haven't read any single comment from our players, Ancelotti or management that pressing him like Berlusconi did to Pato (that he could make 30 goals in 6 months). What I read is only some praises like Maldini said and Anceloti's comment AND NOT comments that he will be Maldini's heir, I never read it before.
As I said, Thiago Silva himself made such kind of comment (not same but similar enough) that he wants to be Maldini's heir or so. So, I still don't understand how Milan players, Coach, Management put a big pressure on him. About other fans say I dont care because they can't influence anything except in a game.
gregapenny
09-05-2009, 13:02
I remember some time ago there was a debate that there are not a lot of good left backs today... Well I just remembered two. First one is Adriano from Sevilla. In my opinion he is one of the most underrated players. My friend told me that he said in the press conference that there is a good chance of him joining Inter. Anybody knows anything about that? I also want to hear Brasilieros opinion about this guy...
The second one is Taiwo from Marseille...
I remember some time ago there was a debate that there are not a lot of good left backs today... Well I just remembered two. First one is Adriano from Sevilla. In my opinion he is one of the most underrated players. My friend told me that he said in the press conference that there is a good chance of him joining Inter. Anybody knows anything about that? I also want to hear Brasilieros opinion about this guy...
The second one is Taiwo from Marseille...
Maybe Adriano is the most underrated, but Taiwo is the most overrated one !!
Christian
09-05-2009, 13:34
The games I've seen off Sevilla, Adriano has been very good. He's a beast going forward, but if I remember correctly, then he's not that good at defending. Question is what Inter want with Adriano. Don't they have enough LB's, with Santon, Maxwell and Cordoba(?).
Gomez scored 4 today, against a top of the table team. I guess that in itself can trigger rumours.
"Mario Gomez hit four goals to inspire VfB Stuttgart to a 4-1 victory over Bundesliga leaders VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday. Wolfsburg were joined at the top by champions Bayern Munich who won 3-1 at Energie Cottbus"
The games I've seen off Sevilla, Adriano has been very good. He's a beast going forward, but if I remember correctly, then he's not that good at defending. Question is what Inter want with Adriano. Don't they have enough LB's, with Santon, Maxwell and Cordoba(?).
I think Chivu is more suited for that position than Cordoba, although they are both DCs.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.