AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 200m we spent this summer on an entire starting 11, we have that same value in 4-5 players that are either homegrown or we brought in for next to nothing at a young age and developed. Donnarumma 80-100m, Locatelli 15-20m, Calabria 15-20m, Cutrone 20m, Suso 40-50m. Just saying, like Dev brought up in the previous post - Berlusconi and Galliani did one good thing in the last while and that was focusing on our youth. My point is, we should never lose the mentality because every single successful & stable club has a strong youth system. Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona are always popping out good youth talent.

Also on a side note, one thing I've noticed that we have lacked from our youth academy for a very long time now is a good winger. Cutrone is the first attacker in quite a while, and we've had success throughout the years bringing up defenders, but we haven't brought out a good winger in an extremely long time.
Part of why we haven't had a good winger developed in a while is probably because of Berlu. The guy famously hates playing with wingers and lord knows Galliani would never sign anyone papa Berlu doesn't like.
Remember we were linked with a big money move for Jackson Martinez a couple of years ago? He ended up at Guangzhou Evergrande for €42 million. He's been a flop and has now been released from his contract for free.  Devilol
Raiola has turned into a full blown ex-wife right in front of our very eyes lol. Every time somebody sticks a microphone in front of him, he has to talk sh*t about Mirabelli and Milan. I just hope he can find a way to move on from us, like how all the Milan fans have moved on from him.
I like how Raiola behaves himself recently. I want him to keep himself up like this, because very soon he will lose all the credibility that is left, however little that is.
Raiola doesn't really care about his credibility. He is in the agent business, which is basically a higher paying used car salesman. Players flock to his agency not because Raiola is an intellectual or spiritual messiah or anything, they go to him because he enjoys getting down and dirty with club managements to get his players paid. It's really a shame that agents in soccer operate like this these days, but such is life.
Raiola doesn't care about his credibility nor anybody talking about it. He's a millionaire due to how he does his job, and likewise given the opportunities, that type of money is all anybody would put first in his situation. I don't really care for the way he operates even if it's unsettling because it happens everywhere not just in football.
He is reminding his motto: best income for his clients AND himself Big Grin
The real unfortunate part is that the sport became all about money in general. That's what gives birth to people like Raiola.