AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-26-2018, 09:00 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't be as shocking as you might think. He'd be Kessie's backup if he came.

I just want Caldara right now tbh, him and a reliable goalscorer would be great. Then add a midfielder and we're good to go for the most part.

To me it would be shocking. As I've said before, we have enough backup players, we need starters. Joel Obi would be a hopeless signing like Sosa and the likes we used to sign a few seasons ago. I'd rather save the money and try out some youngsters.
Back up for Kessie either Kucka or Fafana for me.
(07-26-2018, 09:55 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]To me it would be shocking. As I've said before, we have enough backup players, we need starters. Joel Obi would be a hopeless signing like Sosa and the likes we used to sign a few seasons ago. I'd rather save the money and try out some youngsters.

I’d give José Mauri the shot as a backup for Kessie rather than Obi.
(07-26-2018, 09:55 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]To me it would be shocking. As I've said before, we have enough backup players, we need starters. Joel Obi would be a hopeless signing like Sosa and the likes we used to sign a few seasons ago. I'd rather save the money and try out some youngsters.

I want to say I'm not a massive fan of Obi, but we need a vice-Kessie. We have enough backup, but we don't have someone who can do the role Kessie does amongst any of them. That's why Kessie was always playing last season and was overused.

Artand, Fofana's ok, but I'm not sure he'd be offering any more guarantees or better qualities than Obi at this point. As for Kucka, I see quite a few Milan fans apparently wanting him back and I don't get why. He's 31 and mediocre, he surpassed expectations under Mihajlovic, but frankly speaking, he's crap.

(07-26-2018, 10:42 AM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]I’d give José Mauri the shot as a backup for Kessie rather than Obi.

As I mentioned in the friendlies thread, he was awful when given chances last year in EL. I wouldn't take too much stock in his preseason performances and at this point, I wouldn't trust in him. I don't think he's suited to do Kessie's role anyway if I'm honest.
Badelj to Lazio
(07-26-2018, 01:18 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]As I mentioned in the friendlies thread, he was awful when given chances last year in EL. I wouldn't take too much stock in his preseason performances and at this point, I wouldn't trust in him. I don't think he's suited to do Kessie's role anyway if I'm honest.

It’s a bit of a stretch to say that he was given his chances last year in EL. In total he got to play 53 minutes over two games before being loaned out, hardly enough to judge a player.
We need world class player (at least one) in midfield if we are aiming to do anything good.
(07-26-2018, 02:09 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: [ -> ]We need world class player (at least one) in midfield if we are aiming to do anything good.

Exactly. We can stack up s*** and backup players from here to the moon, it won't make us any better. Our problem isn't that we're not having enough players, it's that the ones we have aren't good enough.
Leonardo: "Gattuso's targets coincide with mine. The three roles (mezzala, winger and striker) are confirmed but it's all part of the puzzle, it depends on the market."
Leonardo's words line up right. We do need a Mid, winger and a bomber. And as for Caldara, it's clear that he will only arrive if Bonucci leaves so the ball is with Juve. Good that Leonardo is playing tough. So at best, we could see 3 signings plus Caldara.