AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leonardo made it clear that it will not be a crazy expensive market. Confirmed that the market is tied to the FFP, so meaning we gotta get back within the parameters of the FFP and probably only spend in relation to sales.

I am ok with that. Big sum markets obviously help....but they can also get you in trouble. I would rather we spend smartly and add only what we need. I trust in Leonardo to be honest. He's proven that he can seek out talents and he's proven that he can be trusted with building a competitive team.
(07-26-2018, 04:55 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Leonardo made it clear that it will not be a crazy expensive market. Confirmed that the market is tied to the FFP, so meaning we gotta get back within the parameters of the FFP and probably only spend in relation to sales.

I am ok with that. Big sum markets obviously help....but they can also get you in trouble. I would rather we spend smartly and add only what we need. I trust in Leonardo to be honest. He's proven that he can seek out talents and he's proven that he can be trusted with building a competitive team.

What about the 50 million Elliott gave us for the mercato?
(07-26-2018, 05:26 PM)Joël Wrote: [ -> ]What about the 50 million Elliott gave us for the mercato?

As far as I know, they didn’t do that. They injected €50M to cover operational costs.
It sounds like we’ll have to make do with the income from sales/departures of Kalinic, Bacca, Bertolacci, Niang, Lapadula, Montolivo, Bonucci and perhaps either Donnarumma or Reina. Hopefully that would give us between €100M-€150M to sign new players for. On top of that it would also allow us to save €50M-€60M in wages before tax per year. If Leo is smart he’ll be able to stretch that money.
(07-26-2018, 05:55 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, they didn’t do that. They injected €50M for operational costs.
It sounds like we’ll have to make do with the income from sales/departures of Kalinic, Bacca, Bertolacci, Niang, Lapadula, Montolivo Bonucci and perhaps either Donnarumma or Reina. Hopefully that would give us between €100M-€150M to sign new players for. On top of that it would also allow us to save €50M-€60M in wages before tax per year. If Leo is smart he’ll be able to stretch that money.

Correct can't find it anywhere now must've misread it because I thought there was an aditional fund for the mercato. In my opinion we should sell Gigio to fund our mercato. Wecan keep Reina for at least 2 years.
Elliott injected 150M, including 50M for transfer funds.
(07-26-2018, 06:25 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: [ -> ]Elliott injected 150M, including 50M for transfer funds.

No, they quite clearly stated that they would inject €50M to stabilise finances:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-socce...SKBN1K030I

I know that the amount of €150M with €50M for transfers has been rumoured, but I couldn’t find any credible statements to back that up.
(07-26-2018, 06:19 PM)Joël Wrote: [ -> ]Correct can't find it anywhere now must've misread it because I thought there was an aditional fund for the mercato. In my opinion we should sell Gigio to fund our mercato. Wecan keep Reina for at least 2 years.

I’d also prefer to sell Donnarumma and keep Reina, but I’m afraid that there isn’t a single top team that would be ready to buy him for the amount we will be asking. It looks like Real will swoop in for either Courtois or De Gea, but I’m quite certain that Sarri would opt for Reina in that case, and I’d be shocked if Mourinho would be willing to splash €50M+ for such a young and unstable keeper as Donnarumma. We should keep in mind that Donnarumma has has a medicore season, and he was the keeper with the most errors that directly led to goals (7) in Serie A.

That is most likely also the reason why Raiola is being unusually quiet this summer. Normally he’d spread stories about Donnarumma having offers left and right, I think there haven’t been any actual offers for him.
(07-26-2018, 06:37 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]I’d also prefer to sell Donnarumma and keep Reina, but I’m afraid that there isn’t a single top team that would be ready to buy him for the amount we will be asking. It looks like Real will swoop in for either Courtois or De Gea, but I’m quite certain that Sarri would opt for Reina in that case, and I’d be shocked if Mourinho would be willing to splash €50M+ for such a young and unstable keeper as Donnarumma. We should keep in mind that Donnarumma has has a medicore season, and he was the keeper with the most errors that directly led to goals (7) in Serie A.

That is most likely also the reason why Raiola is being unusually quiet this summer. Normally he’d spread stories about Donnarumma having offers left and right, I think there haven’t been any actual offers for him.
Yeah probably true about Raiola but it's just how much we'd accept for him we can certainly get 40m for him right now. Which off course isn't much but it would still fund our mercato I honestly don't know if I'd take it. Because we might get about 20m less for him now but 40m now would ve insane for us.
(07-26-2018, 08:00 PM)Joël Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah probably true about Raiola but it's just how much we'd accept for him we can certainly get 40m for him right now. Which off course isn't much but it would still fund our mercato I honestly don't know if I'd take it. Because we might get about 20m less for him now but 40m now would ve insane for us.

Well that depends how Donnarumma will develop. If anybody would be willing to pay €40M for him today, it would be based on what he might turn into, not what he is capable of right now. Last summer Manchester City paid the same amount for Ederson, an excellent goalkeeper, with great technical skills who had just had a magnificent season with Benfica. Donnarumma is nowhere near his level at the moment, and noone knows if he ever will, all he has is talent. So far he has had one impressive season for a 17-year old followed by a mediocre one. New goalkeepers pop up all the time, 2 years ago Allison was a relatively unknown entity worth €6M, now he is amongst the best 10 in the world. Donnarumma is worse than the goalkeepers of any of the top teams in the world today, and I don’t see why any of them should pay €40M-€50M for a talent, when a better and cheaper option most likely will be available.

The best thing for us and Donnarumma would be for him to stay here at least 2-3 years, he can grow as a starter, and his value will hopefully increase. However in regards to FFP he would be a perfect asset to offload along with Suso.
(07-26-2018, 08:36 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]Well that depends how Donnarumma will develop. If anybody would be willing to pay €40M for him today, it would be based on what he might turn into, not what he is capable of right now. Last summer Manchester City paid the same amount for Ederson, an excellent goalkeeper, with great technical skills who had just had a magnificent season with Benfica. Donnarumma is nowhere near his level at the moment, and noone knows if he ever will, all he has is talent. So far he has had one impressive season for a 17-year old followed by a mediocre one. New goalkeepers pop up all the time, 2 years ago Allison was a relatively unknown entity worth €6M, now he is amongst the best 10 in the world. Donnarumma is worse than the goalkeepers of any of the top teams in the world today, and I don’t see why any of them should pay €40M-€50M for a talent, when a better and cheaper option most likely will be available.

The best thing for us and Donnarumma would be for him to stay here at least 2-3 years, he can grow as a starter, and his value will hopefully increase. However in regards to FFP he would be a perfect asset to offload along with Suso.

If so he needs to extend his current contract. It expires in 2021 and he can then leave for free.