AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-14-2018, 12:58 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Corriere dello Sport say Leonardo might make a late attempt for Rabiot.

All in for this move. Rabiot would slot in nicely in our midfield. If we can get him without selling anyone, then even better. But if not, I'd be willing to sell Suso for about 35M, attempt Promes for some kind of a paid (5M) loan + option deal and use the rest of that (30M) to get Rabiot. Another option would be to attempt some kind of a swap deal with RR and keep Suso. Selling Donnarumma would have done wonders for us this summer, but at this point we are stuck with this huge wage bill for Reina and Donnarumma. 

4-2-3-1 with Rabiot, Bakayoko, Kessie, Biglia (will probably end up on the bench a whole lot as I'm not so sure he can pull his weight in a midfield 2) as the options for the 2 pivot positions. Castillejo, Promes, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Borini as the options for the 3 attacking mid/winger positions. Higuain, Cutrone, Borini for the CF position. 

If we are able to do something like this, I think it'd be a significant improvement over last season.
@PeppeDiSte claims that Milan’s transfer market could be closed after the signing of Bakayoko and Castillejo. It remains to be seen the situation with some of the outgoing players
I'm a bit worried about Gattuso... He asked for Bakayoko, also he blocked Bertolacci... I wonder what kind of midfield does he have in mind.
One for 5-6th place. That's what we'll get with this midfield.
(08-14-2018, 01:50 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: [ -> ]One for 5-6th place. That's what we'll get with this midfield.

5th would be an improvement... Big Grin
My fear is Gattuso's football philosophy, like he wants to field 3 Gattusos for our midfield.
I think we're moving towards a 4-2-3-1. If the 2 can protect the backline well, then we will see much more opportunity to see Conti/Calabria/RR push up and give us better options in the attacking third. At that point, not that the midfield 2 are less relevant (as they are essential in keeping the balance), but they are definitely less relied on in the attacking third.

When we attack, I'd like to see something like this:

-----------------Gigio-----------------
------Caldara-----------Roma-------
-----Kessie--------------Baka--------
Conti---------Hakan-------------RR
-------Suso----------Bona/Samu----
-----------------Gonzalo--------------

We get the width from the wingbacks and bring Suso and Bona/Samu centrally in order to exchange positions and get more involved. We'll have a triangle with Hakan while Conti and RR keep everything stretched and are ready to get to the byline for crosses. The crosses will also have Higuain + AT LEAST 2 more in there (Suso + Bona/Samu) running at them.

The biggest obstacle will be Gattuso. He likes rigid formations. Ones for example where the RCM stays as a RCM the entire game. For example Kessie occupies the exact same area on the field for the entire game. No exchange of positions and no fluidity. I understand that when we defend, but when we attack, he has to give the players more freedom to move and be unpredictable. This is also part of the reason why Gattuso's teams don't seem to score many goals imo.
(08-14-2018, 02:06 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're moving towards a 4-2-3-1. If the 2 can protect the backline well, then we will see much more opportunity to see Conti/Calabria/RR push up and give us better options in the attacking third. At that point, not that the midfield 2 are less relevant (as they are essential in keeping the balance), but they are definitely less relied on in the attacking third.
I hope you are right, that would be a great switch as it would suit the players at Gattuso’s disposal much better. I think Kessie and Baka would be a very strong pairing in front of our defenders.
(08-14-2018, 01:50 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: [ -> ]One for 5-6th place. That's what we'll get with this midfield.

People are underestimating Bakayoko, he was a beast at Monaco, but he was brought in for the wrong position at Chelsea. He excelled as one of two DMs in a 4-2-3-1 at Monaco, and he could do so here at well. Kessie has plenty to offer and Hakan turned out great after the arrival of Gattuso. With those three in the center, and with Suso and Samu on the wings, we’d have every reason to aim for the 4th place this year.
(08-14-2018, 12:58 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Corriere dello Sport say Leonardo might make a late attempt for Rabiot.

That would be a perfect ending to this transfer market.
(08-14-2018, 02:21 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]People are underestimating Bakayoko, he was a beast at Monaco, but he was brought in for the wrong position at Chelsea. He excelled as one of two DMs in a 4-2-3-1 at Monaco, and he could do so here at well. Kessie has plenty to offer and Hakan turned out great after the arrival of Gattuso. With those three in the center, and with Suso and Samu on the wings, we’d have every reason to aim for the 4th place this year.

I'm optimistic for Bakayoko too. But looking at the number of appearances even for Monaco, he's got only one season where he played a lot, so I can also understand that some remain a bit in doubt still. Hopefully he fits in well and show his full potential.