AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.football-italia.net/119755/r...tura-talks

Roma reportedly met Mino Raiola on Saturday to discuss a deal for Milan midfielder Giacomo Bonaventura.
(04-11-2018, 11:12 AM)Sampinjon Wrote: [ -> ]PSG officially didn't spent 222M on Neymar. Neymar himself gave 222M to Barcelona and went to PSG as free agent. They refunded him thourgh some sponsorship deals to promote World Cup in Quatar or something like that. They just mocked at UEFA and FFP.

exactly. if our owners are so rich and smart why can't we do the same? isn't yonghong supposed to be backed by these billion dollar chinese asset managers/hedge funds?

i know inter fans are furious that suning is being so cheap despite being a multi-billion dollar company compared to man city, chelsea, psg and other rich clubs. if this is only a chinese thing i hope we get sold asap.
I guess it is hard to find owners which are prepared to spend like madmen. There are just 3 of them in entire world.
(04-11-2018, 11:14 AM)Sampinjon Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.football-italia.net/119755/r...tura-talks

Roma reportedly met Mino Raiola on Saturday to discuss a deal for Milan midfielder Giacomo Bonaventura.

I'd be open to that tbh, but I'd want us to get Lorenzo Pellegrini (and/or if we're really cheeky, Mirko Antonucci) as part of the deal.
Getting rid of this idiot Raiola would be the best ever thing. Sell both Donarumma and Bonaventura ASAP.
we can now only regret not having sold Donarumma last summer. Now we wont get much for him.
(04-11-2018, 04:48 PM)artand Wrote: [ -> ]Getting rid of this idiot Raiola would be the best ever thing. Sell both Donarumma and Bonaventura ASAP.
we can now only regret not having sold Donarumma last summer. Now we wont get much for him.

+ abate. lets make it a full house!
Sell all Raiola clients immediately. It's the best solution.

On Bonaventura specifically.....he's simply not cutting it as a starter and especially as the main offensively minded midfielder. He is basically the #10 of this side. He is supposed to take on players, spread the play, connect the wingers/striker, combine with them, score, assist, etc. He does very little of any of that. As a matter of fact, he slows everything down and has turned to be a very individualistic player. As a rotation player, fine. But he, or Raiola, won't take that lightly so it's best that they both go. It seems that he has a market out there. I definitely would go for banking 30ish mil for him. Do it while we can.

Selling Bonaventura for 30 and Gigio for 65 can give us a good chunk of money to reinforce. Replace Gigio with Reina for the time being and then use the rest for a CM and a LW. I think both those positions can be superbly reinforced for that money. From there on, it's "1 out, 1in"......sell Kalinic, bring a CF for that money....sell Musacchio, bring a CB for that money....release Montolivo, bring in a CM, let Antonelli go, bring in a back up LB, etc, etc.
guys i want to apologize for being overly critical of mirabelli the past few posts. i'm just furious that we didn't fully exploit our one chance to rebuild the squad with 250m and excitement regarding our new project. however, i guess its easy to criticise in hindsight. i just get annoyed when i see teams like roma/lazio doing so well with so little.

i guess i can see the logic mirabelli used during the last mercato to sign hakan, rodriguez, hakan, musacchio and silva. all of them were very highly rated and on the brink of big money moves to top clubs in the past. i guess he thought he could exploit their individual circumstances to beat the market and get a bargain. e.g. rodriguez was coming off the worst season of his career where he was deployed as cb and wolfsburg nearly got relegated, hakan was suspended for half a season and musacchio had become a key player for villareal again after 2 injury plagued seasons.

however, mirabelli learned a few painful lessons in the process a) you can't buy a brand new squad of players and expect them to perform instantly b) you can't buy so many overseas players and expect them to adapt to the tactically driven italian league c) you can't have so many young players in the squad who've won nothing and expect to win something. it speaks volumes that bonucci + biglia are the only experienced figures in the locker room.

therefore, i think mirabelli's approach to the mercato will be as follows:- a) make a few key signings instead of wholesale changes b) prioritize players with serie a experience c) prioritize experienced players with leadership qualities.

on that basis, i guess the signing of reina makes sense. he's an experienced player who's played for most of the worlds top clubs (barca, bayern, liverpool + napoli). napoli also have the second best defence in the league which has to be partly due to him. therefore, i think he will become a key figure in the locker room and somebody besides bonucci + biglia the youngsters can look up to. although he'll probably only be good for a couple of seasons, if it gets us cl then thats good enough. unfortunately donnarumma's position has become untenable and he's no longer the player he once was. he's made a number of blunders lately and seems nervous when he plays. therefore, we probably have no option but to sell him given our financial situation.

as for strinic, i guess management want to give rodriguez another chance next season. last season he played as cb but the seasons prior to that he was one of the most coveted fb's on the market. he actually was one of our better players under montella but has regressed significantly under gattuso for some reason. i guess given money's tight and there's other holes to fill, management are putting their hopes in gattuso to transform him just like he did calabria. i think if he can find his form again he would be just as good as asamoah. in that respect, strinic is fine as a backup. he's played for napoli and is a nt regular and is 2x the player antonelli is.

i read an article today saying gattuso only considers bonucci, romagnoli, calabria, conti, biglia, kessie, hakan + cutrone unsellable. i have to say i agree with him. i would add musacchio to that list as i don't believe we'll find a better 3rd choice cb for the same money. he played well at the start of the season and its not really his fault gattuso switched to 3-5-2 at the weekend and we conceded a wonder goal. i remember a couple of seasons ago he was really highly rated with a 50m buyout clause and linked to barca so the potentials there.

i also want to say i've been impressed with how gattuso has the team performing as of late. i do believe gattuso got lucky in his first few games (especially against lazio) and the performances weren't that great. however, besides the inter game, the last batch of games have been very impressive. the players fight for every ball and play with an urgency i haven't seen in years. apparently we're third in the league for shots on goal/chances created so if we can make the right signings hopefully we can convert these.
(04-11-2018, 05:10 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Sell all Raiola clients immediately. It's the best solution.

On Bonaventura specifically.....he's simply not cutting it as a starter and especially as the main offensively minded midfielder. He is basically the #10 of this side. He is supposed to take on players, spread the play, connect the wingers/striker, combine with them, score, assist, etc. He does very little of any of that. As a matter of fact, he slows everything down and has turned to be a very individualistic player. As a rotation player, fine. But he, or Raiola, won't take that lightly so it's best that they both go. It seems that he has a market out there. I definitely would go for banking 30ish mil for him. Do it while we can.

Selling Bonaventura for 30 and Gigio for 65 can give us a good chunk of money to reinforce. Replace Gigio with Reina for the time being and then use the rest for a CM and a LW. I think both those positions can be superbly reinforced for that money. From there on, it's "1 out, 1in"......sell Kalinic, bring a CF for that money....sell Musacchio, bring a CB for that money....release Montolivo, bring in a CM, let Antonelli go, bring in a back up LB, etc, etc.

i agree bona must go, he's too inconsistent. however, i can't see anybody paying 30m for him. 20m is probably the max we could get for him. pellegrini has a 25m release clause and cristante's worth the same so they'd be great alternatives.

DrDejan

(04-11-2018, 05:46 PM)donlocatelli Wrote: [ -> ]... i'm just furious that we didn't fully exploit our one chance to rebuild the squad with 250m and excitement regarding our new project. however, i guess its easy to criticise in hindsight. i just get annoyed when i see teams like roma/lazio doing so well with so little...

Mirabelli's biggest mistake was keeping Montella. The new players form declined very quickly under his guidance.
There's a saying that if you mix 1 kilo of sh*t with 1 kilo of chocolate you'll get 2 kilos of sh*t. That's what happened with the form of the new players.

Now, when we have most of the excrement outside of the system, he should continue the cleansing diet - start with Raiola's crud - and hope Gattuso will turn out to be the new Conte.