AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Agree. The only way Zaza makes sense is if we are signing a goalscorer like Immobile as well AND we are moving to a 2 striker formation. Even then, spending 20M on Zaza is excessive.

Otherwise, if we stick to a 1 ST formation, even if let's say we sign Immobile, then is Zaza the 2nd choice? Then what happens to Cutrone? If Cutrone is the 2nd choice, then why spend 20mil on a 3rd choice ST like Zaza?
And i haven't even started to ask the questions as to what happens to Silva? Do we sell him? Keep him? Loan him?

Signing Zaza right now just makes no sense. Spending 20M on him not only doesn't make sense, but it's pure stupidity and someone should stop Mirabelli immediately.
Zaza is the replacement and younger. Not defending Zaza or Mirabelli but it is what it is. It is still a long shot that we are buying a 50 or 60 million striker, current owner is unlikely to have cash and even any new owner has only ~7 weeks from now to fix team (late August is not exactly that far away)
Aparently Kaligoat agreed to go to Atletico...Awaiting for confirmation and celebration can start...
Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player in Champions League history to score 10 goals against a single club in the competition.

Against Juventus Icon_lol2
Juve get Ronaldo, we get Zaza for 20m  Dodgy
Bacca has reportedly turned down a rich three year offer from Trabzonspor where he should have earned €5m/year, €2M at the moment of signing
(07-05-2018, 08:23 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Zaza is the replacement and younger. Not defending Zaza or Mirabelli but it is what it is. It is still a long shot that we are buying a 50 or 60 million striker, current owner is unlikely to have cash and even any new owner has only ~7 weeks from now to fix team (late August is not exactly that far away)

Id rather use Cutone again and keep a miserable Bacca as number 2 than waste (because thats what it is a waste) money Zaza.Totally theres bo way we're spunking €60-€80milly on Immbibile.Think we'll have a year in the doll drums again.Cant see us getting the CF CM LW of a very high standard that we desperately need
(07-05-2018, 08:18 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Signing Zaza right now just makes no sense. Spending 20M on him not only doesn't make sense, but it's pure stupidity and someone should stop Mirabelli immediately.

I agree completely. Even if we moved to a 4 center forward formation permanently, signing Zaza for any money would not make sense. Haven’t we learnt anything from the Matri/Pazzini/Gilardino experiences?

None of the strikers we’ve been linked with recently are of the standard we need unfortunately - none of them. Let’s see if something moves after the World Cup (or after July 20th, the date the TAS’s verdict is announced).

So far from the 3 official moves we’ve made so far, I don’t see any problem with them. Reina and Strinic are huge improvements on our second choices for LB and GK. Halilovic is a very interesting bet that I would’ve taken myself, I rated him as a youngster and thought he was truly the closest thing to Messi from all of the ‘next Messi’s out there. I haven’t followed his progress after he left Barca though but the talent is definitely there, hopefully the mentality is as well.

They promised us 2-3 quality signings and I’m certain that none of the three above are any of those. Let’s wait and see. One will be a CF and another will be a winger (Depay?). There’ll also be a midfielder to bench Bonaventura (fucking finally). Hopefully it’s somebody with the characteristics of Dembele (Spurs). He has to have some creativity, that’s the most important thing. If we don’t solve this creativity issue we will not go anywhere. We need creativity in midfield from the starting three. Kessie isn’t going to be the creative player and Biglia unfortunately disappointed in his playmaking abilities. The third midfielder must be able to create goals out of nothing.
Fassone was in Madrid with Kalinic's agent. Still no agreement reached with Atletico over the transfer formula. Bayer Leverkusen also want him but Kalinic prefers Atleti [Di Marzio]

Seems Atleti wants loan option and we want loan obligation
Fassone met with Jorge Mendes today either to speak about any of his clients or for an eventual shareholder in Milan [Di Marzio]