AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Milan will formally inform Napoli in the next few days their intentions to negotiate with Pepe Reina. They intend to define a two-year contract with the Spanish goalkeeper, regardless of the future of Donnarumma [Sky]
We're being linked to Felipe Anderson

Would be a nice addition
No to a Romagnoli sale. For any price. 
I know it's only been a couple of months of this...but we finally have a CB that is truly showing signs of being a top defender. We should build on that, and not spend the next several years looking for a replacement again.

On Reina.....I see a lot of people upset about this potential move (not here necessarily)......but I don't understand why!? He is a solid GK that would be free. No, nothing exceptional...but solid and good enough with a ton of experience. It also gives us a couple of years to see what happens with Plizzari's development as he is so highly rated. We have nothing to lose. If Donnarumma and Raiola decide to leave, we can cash in and not break a sweat looking for a replacement since we'd already have Reina who is more then good enough to be a starter for a year or two.

On Felipe Anderson....not really sure to be honest. Hit or miss for me. In the same game he can take an amazing first touch and take on a player with the ball glued to his foot....and then 5 minutes later his first touch would be so bad that the ball bounces 5 meters away, or he takes such a long touch while trying to dribble that he just loses the ball easily. So inconsistent and quite honestly, frustrating. So I really don't know what to think of him at the moment. I wouldn't be mad if we got him, but I wouldn't exactly be confident that we will have fixed our need at the LW either.
(03-07-2018, 02:11 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]No to a Romagnoli sale. For any price. 
I know it's only been a couple of months of this...but we finally have a CB that is truly showing signs of being a top defender. We should build on that, and not spend the nezt several years looking for a replacement again.

On Reina.....I see a lot of people upset about this potential move (not here necessarily)......but I don't understand why!? He is a solid GK that would be free. No, nothing exceptional...but solid and good enough with a ton of experience. It also gives us a couple of years to see what happens with Plizzari's development as he is so highly rated. We have nothing to lose. If Donnarumma and Raiola decide to leave, we can cash in and not break a sweat looking for a replacement since we'd already have Reina who is more then good enough to be a starter for a year or two.

On Felipe Anderson....not really sure to be honest. Hit or miss for me. In the same game he can take an amazing first touch and take on a player with the ball glued to his foot....and then 5 minutes later his first touch would be so bad that the ball bounces 5 meters away, or he takes such a long touch while trying to dribble that he just loses the ball easily. So inconsistent and quite honestly, frustrating. So I really don't know what to think of him at the moment. I wouldn't be mad if we got him, but I wouldn't exactly be confident that we will have fixed our need at the LW either.

Agreed on Romagnoli

Reina is said to be a positive influence in the locker room

What about a backup for Kessie in Anderson?
(03-07-2018, 02:21 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]What about a backup for Kessie in Anderson?

Completely different players though. Kessie is a box to box midfielder while Anderson is purely an AM/W. 

I think the ideal back up/rotation/competition for Kessie is someone like Fofana for example.
(03-06-2018, 03:55 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Dembele cost Barcelona more than 100m euro. Just saying.  Sagrin Sagrin

dembele a striker, roma a defender, no defender in the history have been sold for 100m, but, i will sell him for 150m-200m though, for 200m we could get rid of our deb and still get a decent replacement for our roma imo
(03-07-2018, 02:11 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]No to a Romagnoli sale. For any price. 
I know it's only been a couple of months of this...but we finally have a CB that is truly showing signs of being a top defender. We should build on that, and not spend the next several years looking for a replacement again.

Agree on Anderson, he's been extremely inconsistent lately.

Also agree that he's nowhere near being a good rotational player with Kessie. If anything we play him on the LW in Calhanoglu's place.
I pretty much agree with nefremo on all points. Romagnoli shouldn't be sold for any price if we're serious about building this team to compete at the top level. I don't think it's just his performances this past couple of months that shows his ability, I think it's just that in that time he's fulfilling the promise he's shown in the past (and still has room to improve). However, I think during his time at Samp, he showed that he's a unique talent and it's taken time for him to mature (Milan's struggles didn't help with this).

I also agree on Reina, he's a quality keeper who's been at the top level for a number of years. He's not Donnarumma, but as a backup he'd be exceptional and in the case Gigio leaves (which I'm not so convinced of now), he'd be a good stop gap solution.

Felipe Anderson's one I'd be open to despite his struggles this year, as when on form he's a phenomenal player. He's shown some inconsistency, but I think equally injuries and a fractured relationship with Inzaghi has also played a part and shouldn't be ignored. However, despite the doubts, I do think he could fulfill a role to rotate with Suso and Calhanoglu and would offer us qualities that we're potentially lacking, as he's direct and has a lot of pace and is able to take on his man. He wouldn't come a guaranteed starter, but I think he'd get reasonable game time rotating.

Edit: Out of interest why are people talking about replacing Calhanoglu? He's been one of our best players since the upturn in form, so it seems strange to me that he's up for debate. Even if the LW isn't necessarily his natural role (I kind of disagree with this view, even if I agree he's an atypical wide player), it's the role he's excelling in and imo proving himself to be a top player.
Dev, for me it's not about replacing Calhanoglu in the starting 11. It's more about addressing a need that never got addressed last summer. We need pace, verticality and 1v1 ability in the final third. Just look at the difference Suso makes on the RW. Constant threat for the opposition with his 1v1 ability. 

Calhanoglu has done well recently and there is no pressing need to replace him and I think there is still a spot for him in the starting 11. He can move in as a LCM and basically AM when we have possession. Him and Bonaventura can battle it out. A little competition is never bad. Obviously they can also do a job out wide, so that's a plus.

It's looked good recently.....but imo, if we want to challenge for the title (something Milan should be striving for) and be any kind of a factor in the CL.....we need that injection of individual brilliance in the final third.
Aparently ,there is new contract ready for Romagnioli ,till 2023. with double salary.