AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-10-2018, 05:14 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone pass me the morphine please ,my very core is in agony.

He always reminds me of this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6M-YT5kkio
(05-10-2018, 05:39 PM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]He always reminds me of this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6M-YT5kkio

Nooo respect  Devilol well after his penalty at the last euros whadda he expect eh
(05-10-2018, 06:00 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Nooo respect  Devilol well after his penalty at the last euros whadda he expect eh

Exactly Big Grin
(05-10-2018, 07:24 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]It was rather tongue and cheek.
What I have noticed about Silva is he shines against very poor opposition but doesnt fair too well against good or even well organized opposition.I dont think hes a huge talent  in the Neymar mould and I dont think he will ever be a world class ( bear in mind to me world class is guys like Messi Ronaldo so very few are) I am hugely disappointed in what he has brought or hasnt brought.He has haf enough game time to make a manager think hell I gotta run with guy.They havent as of yet.Its all bad luck and short sightedness from everyone else.
We could talk all day , if he goes im cool with it if he stays he stays and if he comes good great I'll cheer him on as loud as anyone.But my disappointment in his efforts is fair IMO.Maybe Im being unfair but I really expected more.

I get that. I'm just able to see it differently because I've seen what he can do. What I've seen from him in the Serie A is a player scared of making mistakes while also doing too much to try prove himself. I think it's more a mental thing at the moment rather than just ability.
Something needs to happen, we cant just have him sit there doing the same thing, similarly, we cant keep throwing him in the same position with the same players and expecting something different. I've said before, he's not a lone striker, never has been.
We either change formation to two up front and see if things improve, loan him out and hope he improves, or use him to get someone who will actually make a difference.

for the record, if we go to two up front... Zaza would be a good addition... But Zaza as well as a Top striker... Top Striker, Zaza, Cutrone, Silva would give us some good options.
WTH! We are linked with Zaza and Politano. Are we trying to re-live the past when we kept on signing several useless squad/rotation players instead of getting 1-2 game changer- type of player( if not wc players) ?
QS reports Belotti is looking for a house in Milan
(05-11-2018, 08:36 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]QS reports Belotti is looking for a house in Milan

maybe he is the one that Mirabelli said that would 'bring the house down'? (hence look for a house) Grinundwech
(05-11-2018, 08:36 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]QS reports Belotti is looking for a house in Milan

Ah the auld house hunting classic  Sagrin
(05-11-2018, 12:00 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]I get that. I'm just able to see it differently because I've seen what he can do. What I've seen from him in the Serie A is a player scared of making mistakes while also doing too much to try prove himself. I think it's more a mental thing at the moment rather than just ability.
Something needs to happen, we cant just have him sit there doing the same thing, similarly, we cant keep throwing him in the same position with the same players and expecting something different. I've said before, he's not a lone striker, never has been.
We either change formation to two up front and see if things improve, loan him out and hope he improves, or use him to get someone who will actually make a difference.

for the record, if we go to two up front... Zaza would be a good addition... But Zaza as well as a Top striker... Top Striker, Zaza, Cutrone, Silva would give us some good options.

Cant say I disagree with any of this.Use it or lose it , if hes still not cutting it get rid.If he shines great.

Rino badly badly needs a plan b.Not sure if it was here someone said that if all you use is a hammer everything becomea a nail.
I saw a post on R&B that made a lot of sense and is actually a good way to look at things. I would quote it, but don't feel like searching for it there. It was basically about taking the current players that are likely to stay and inputting 3-4 world class players.....and it proves the point that we basically need 3-4 players. For example,
---------------------------------Reina---------------------------
-------Conti/Calabria - Bonucci - Romagnoli - RR--------
-------------Kessie ------Biglia-------Seedorf--------------
Robben-----------------Sheva---------------------Hakan

The point here isn't that we'll buy a prime Robben or bring Sheva and Seedorf out of retirement obviously. The point is just to visualize what adding 3 world class players will do to this team (think of them in their prime). And honestly? Even though I'm not a fan of Biglia or Kessie and don't think that in the long term Hakan will work out as a winger....just adding those 3 players (Robben, Sheva, Seedorf) COMPLETELY changes the complexion of the team.
This isn't about tactics or whatever. You can change the formation and do the same thing. I think the end result will be the same.

So this is what I would like to see this summer. Add 3-4 top players. I understand the 3 I listed were some of the greatest players to ever play and that won't be easy. But I hope this management doesn't think that signing someone like Politano will fix ANYTHING in this team.