AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-02-2018, 05:25 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they will steal Kalinic and Montoliva under our nose.

They don't have to worry about that.  We'll throw them off the fucking plane
Hello fellow Milanisti. Signed up and the site asked for current Milan coach's surname. "Gattuso" was the wrong answer lmao
Extremely glad that we signed Higuain + Caldara in exchange for Bonucci. Maybe a mezzala + a winger next?
(08-02-2018, 07:15 PM)Reality Wrote: [ -> ]Extremely glad that we signed Higuain + Caldara in exchange for Bonucci. Maybe a mezzala + a winger next?

Welcome onboard  Okmilan

The next signings will be interesting, as we are strongly linked with Bernard who can play on either wing, while Suso could be on his way out.
If Gattuso intend on playing Hakan as a left winger next season, then Bernard will likely be a direct replacement for Suso, with Borini and Halilovic as substitutes. 

With Badelj off the market, we need one or preferably two new midfielders; one to compete with Bonaventura and one to rotate with Kessie. One of those could be Samassekou and while Rabiot is still rumoured I think we haven’t heard anything about Parades since Elliot took over the club.
If Gattuso will continue with the 4-3-3, then I hope that we can land Bernard asap, otherwise it will be hard to find a good winger on the cheap.
(08-02-2018, 07:52 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome onboard  Okmilan

The next signings will be interesting, as we are strongly linked with Bernard who can play on either wing, while Suso could be on his way out.
If Gattuso intend on playing Hakan as a left winger next season, then Bernard will likely be a direct replacement for Suso, with Borini and Halilovic as substitutes. 

With Badelj off the market, we need one or preferably two new midfielders; one to compete with Bonaventura and one to rotate with Kessie. One of those could be Samassekou and while Rabiot is still rumoured I think we haven’t heard anything about Parades since Elliot took over the club.
If Gattuso will continue with the 4-3-3, then I hope that we can land Bernard asap, otherwise it will be hard to find a good winger on the cheap.

Thank you!

Bernard is a must if his wage is reasonable. Aren't Samassekou and Paredes more like DMs? We need winger and creative CMs more than anything. Ideally I want us to sign 2 starting CMs to bench both Bonaventura and Kessie but it might be a tall task for Leo
Found this brilliant highlights on r/soccer
https://streamable.com/9vse2
Imo we should take 40m for Suso from Roma. Because I think Suso and Hakan are similar players and we can't have two of them on the wings because we need pace. Since we are looking at rather offensive players for the midfield (Linked names are Rabiot, SMS and Kovacic even though we might not be able to attract them we are looking for a kind of player) and a LW there won't be a starting spot for Hakan which is too bad. If we sell one of them (preferable Suso because he has a higher value than Hakan) we have more money to invest in a winger and there will be more space in the midfield for a signing. What do you guys think about it?
(08-02-2018, 08:08 PM)Reality Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!

Bernard is a must if his wage is reasonable. Aren't Samassekou and Paredes more like DMs? We need winger and creative CMs more than anything. Ideally I want us to sign 2 starting CMs to bench both Bonaventura and Kessie but it might be a tall task for Leo

I don’t think that Bernard’s wages will be what you’d call reasonable. He would arrive on a free, likely with a signing bonus of €7M-€9M so he’ll ask for a good chunk in wages. Also keep in mind that Chelsea are after him, and since he is a free agent he doesn’t have to decide before the window closes, he can wait and optimise to get as much out of it financially as possible.

We are not going to sign two new starting CMs, not going to happen at all. If Leo manage to sell a large bunch of our players well, there might be enough to present PSG with a reasonable offer for Rabiot, but expect nothing fancier than that. He’d obviously compete with Bonaventura for the Mezzala position, while Samassekou will rotate with Kessie. Keep in mind that by next summer we’ll have paid €29M for Kessie, he is not going to be benched.
(08-02-2018, 08:12 PM)Joël Wrote: [ -> ]Since we are looking at rather offensive players for the midfield (Linked names are Rabiot, SMS and Kovacic even though we might not be able to attract them we are looking for a kind of player) and a LW there won't be a starting spot for Hakan which is too bad.

If we sell one of them (preferable Suso because he has a higher value than Hakan) we have more money to invest in a winger and there will be more space in the midfield for a signing. What do you guys think about it?
If we sell Suso, most of that profit will be put into the hole that we have from previous transfer windows. Hakan is very unlikely to be sold, with his amortised value we’d only profit about €16M if we let him go. It’s much better to let Suso leave with a €42M profit.

Bernard would be such a great signing because we can’t really afford to pay a lot a quality winger if we are also going to strengthen our midfield.

Regarding the names you mention, Rabiot, Kovacic and SMS, then I’m sorry to be blunt, but not in a million trillion years could we afford SMS. The only team in Italy that potentially could have signed him is Juventus, but they spent the money on Ronaldo instead.
Kovacic isn’t an option either, several stronger clubs have already expressed their interest so there’d be no way that he would choose us, even if we had the money, which we don’t.
Official with Higuain and Caldara.  Devilcool