AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's be honest though.. the only reason Bonucci came was because he wanted out of Juve. It wasn't moreso because he wanted to join Milan. Milan was a way out for him. It just happened to benefit both parties at the time
But it's not a big deal if we can't get names like Bonucci. We can certainly get names that are a tier below that, and that's absolutely fine if they are the right players. For example Douglas Costa. There is absolutely no way that we couldn't get him last summer. We just did't go for it. We were interested in other players, out of which many are proving to be the wrong decisions. 

I know, hindsight is 20/20....but we can't just excuse Mirabelli for that. Big roles come with big responsibilities. It's why he is in the role that he is in a club like Milan.....because what we see after the fact, he should see ahead of time. 
I have no confidence in this guy.
Someone needs to save Barella
This Lee kid from Verona looks very impressive to be honest. It wouldn't be a bad idea to snatch him at the ens of the season sinve they are getting relegated anyway. 

We've also been linked to Duncan again. This is a rumor that just won't go away which is making me think there's truth in it. Apparently he is being looked at as a vice Kessie. If Kessie keeps playing the way he has been though, it'll be him that becomes the vice Duncan, because Duncan is not a bad player at all and technically stronger than Kessie.

More and more rumors coming out on Bonaventura's exit. Absolutely no problem with this. 25+mil or 30mil for an Italian side and he can go. 

Wolverhampton linked with Silva and ready to pay 35mil. Ok with me. 

Kalinic out for 15 to China...good enough. 

Donnarumma (50), Suso (30), Bonaventura (30), Silva (35) and Kalinic (15) out. We can definitely make about 160 from that. Take out the 20 we owe Fiorentina for Kalinic and the 38 we paid fo Silva, it makes for about 102mil profit. Getting rid of Gigio's wage and on top of getting rid of the likes of Montolivo and abate will also open up more room in the budget. Let's also not forget "smaller" sale that might happen like Gustavo Gomez.  

If Lee adds 50mil like last summer, we could easily have another summer of spending 150+mil.
You think all that money will go towards the mercato? We owe money and will probably owe more money after FFP sanctions..
I think and fear the 25 million is the made up part regarding Jack.
Mirabelli: "Mercato? La strategia era prendere più giocatori giovani possibili per aprire un ciclo. Sarà difficile portare campioni in Italia, il nostro è un calcio che non ha appeal come qualche anno fa. Quindi dobbiamo cercare altre strade"

says it'll be difficult to bring champions to Italy, our football has no appeal like once before, and we'll have to take other roads
(05-13-2018, 02:00 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]You are right in some respects. I agree. But still, the bottom 10 teams for the most part will sit back. That's 20 games right there that are completely different for Milan than they are for Sassuolo. Every year you get a team that steers away from that tactic and tries to play like Empoli did with Sarri or Sassuolo with Di Francesco, ..but that's about it. Teams like Benevento, Cagliari, Bologna, Crotone, SPAL, Verona, Chievo, Sassuolo (this year) and even the likes of Udinese and Genoa....their first thought is to get away with a point when playing Milan. Defend and make things difficult, then counter when possible.

u have a valid point there.. consider this, looking at how our season started under montella, that awesome run we had then back to ol montella style games.. if i was a opposing coach, seeing how milan sticks with Kalinic.. i'd bait them to attack and hit them on the counter.. for all their possession.. Jack has a high chance of doing JackShyt whole game.. Calhanoglu will try but all he will find is a Streetlamp posing as a footballer (Kalinic).. Suso is a spoilt thermometer that blows hot and cold.. they are not that good Despite the possession while their defence tends to leak when hit on the break with speed and numbers..
(05-13-2018, 08:09 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Mirabelli: "Mercato? La strategia era prendere più giocatori giovani possibili per aprire un ciclo. Sarà difficile portare campioni in Italia, il nostro è un calcio che non ha appeal come qualche anno fa. Quindi dobbiamo cercare altre strade"

says it'll be difficult to bring champions to Italy, our football has no appeal like once before, and we'll have to take other roads

Taking a leaf out of Gallianis book.
This clown has got to be fired
(05-13-2018, 06:03 AM)somedevil Wrote: [ -> ]Well today's football is like this. You have to spend money. You look at these "Galactic" teams in Europe. Unless we spend we cannot compete. We literally have two options- Spend and get top players. Or just go the route of Benfica, Napoli etc and take a gamble on talented players whose potential is a mystery. 

Anything in between (what we have done in Galliani's later years) just doesn't work. 

I totally agree , its spend or stay mediocre.Thats why last year was such a fail.Quarter of a billion to possibly finish lower in the league with less points and less goals.
Thats criminal.

I like Gattuso but if we are serious , he needs to be replaced.
Mirabelli should resign.We disnt know it would be this bad but it has been.Not that excited infact not excited at all foe the next season.It feels like it did in Berlusconis worst years.