AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe that report was from the Express (not reliable) and was referencing an interview he gave during his time at Atalanta.
(02-25-2018, 07:33 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Would he?  More $$$ in China..

we're too used to Raiola... Mendes want's the best for his client long term which means keeping him in europe to become bigger and hopefully get him more money that way rather that the Raiola Model of cashing in at every opportunity
(02-26-2018, 12:12 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]we're too used to Raiola... Mendes want's the best for his client long term which means keeping him in europe to become bigger and hopefully get him more money that way rather that the Raiola Model of cashing in at every opportunity

Exactly, Mendes is a sensible agent. It could also put Silva’s position on the NT at risk if he were to play over there.
Silva is talented and while I'd love to have the luxury of keeping him, it's just not realistic. If he's not playing he won't want to stay, and even if he did can we really afford to keep 35-40m player just sitting on the bench when we actually need a quality starting forward? Cutrone is a star in the making no doubt but I still think a top player is needed and they can both get ample game time
After Ivan Strinic, Pepe Reina will leave Napoli in the summer to join Milan on a free transfer. The Spanish goalkeeper has accepted to play the second fiddle role to Donnarumma. Marco Storari, who had the similar role, will leave

[Corriere della Sera]
wow... if true, i'll take that. Reina would do nicely for backup.
Strinic is a good pick up for me... would be a great option to give RR some rest every now and then
Reina as a backup is okay. But if Gigio leaves....

Strinic for me is a no no. This guy has done nothing worthwhile.
Antonelli is a homegrown player and he is at least on par with Strinic in terms of age, wage, and quality. I see no reason why we should swap Antonelli with Strinic...
because its mirabelli, look at inter, how many italian homegrown player do they have? at this time, what berlusconi has done in the last few season of his reign, he has done an impressive job at the junior side of our team. beside, how many is it that homegrown player playing for us? 5? 7? abate, donna, cutrone, loca, antonelli, calabria, any more? just 6 right now, so if we get rid of antonelli, we go down to 5 players. i think we have more talents coming from our youth ranks that can compete with the senior player imo, even though they may not be ready right now.
I get the impression Antonelli is probably looking to move on. He's barely seen the pitch this season and has both RR and Calabria ahead of him on the left. Strinic imo is a like for like replacement at low cost.

We currently have 7 (8 if you count Gabbia who is listed on the official site) homegrown players in our squad, which I think is great and I believe we're the club with the most homegrown players in the squad in Serie A (not sure about some of those close to relegation).

What the future holds for our youth development I don't know. The one good thing Berlusconi and Galliani can really take pride in for their work in the past 10 years is the improvements made in the youth set up. However, this was dictated by the fact that Berlusconi had no intention of investing in the senior squad. When he was prepared to spend, the youth set up was pretty much ignored.

Now whether the new management is prepared to continue the growth in the academy is up to them. Either they progress by building through buying (like most top clubs), or they continue with investing in the academy to try and bring through more homegrown talents. I'm not necessarily going to judge them either way, as spending big is the norm. However, I do hope they invest well in the academy. There's been changes in our youth set up, but whether it's for the better I have no clue at this point. Arguably the player looking most likely to make the jump from Primavera to the senior set up, Tiago Dias, is a new purchase by Mirabelli so this could be a positive sign. Another very positive sign has been Mirabelli's apparently been very close to the Primavera since he came. I hope that we continue to work on bringing through youth, but we need to wait and see what approach the new management take over the course of years.