AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leo is looking for a midfield of Pogba/ SMS calibre, with same payment like Higuain... pls recommend him a name guys Smile
(08-06-2018, 09:26 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]At £30m, an offer for RR should be considered, but only accepted if we have a good replacement lined up. Strinic, despite a good world cup, really isn't the answer imo.

On RR, I think opinions of him seem a little off. I know he's not had a great season last season, but the idea he's not an offensive wingback just isn't true. He built his name off his offensive performances at Wolfsburg and for Switzerland (even in the WC) he played much more offensively than he has at Milan. I'm not sure why at Milan he's more withdrawn, but he is an offensive wingback. He's also got a lot more to give than he did last season, so I'm not keen on selling unless we have a guarantee replacement already planned.

He got tired of seeing Bonaventura and Calhanoglu always ahead of him whenever he go forward. We got no defensive mid so it's understandable that RR stay back more often.
(08-06-2018, 09:26 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]At £30m, an offer for RR should be considered, but only accepted if we have a good replacement lined up. Strinic, despite a good world cup, really isn't the answer imo.

On RR, I think opinions of him seem a little off. I know he's not had a great season last season, but the idea he's not an offensive wingback just isn't true. He built his name off his offensive performances at Wolfsburg and for Switzerland (even in the WC) he played much more offensively than he has at Milan. I'm not sure why at Milan he's more withdrawn, but he is an offensive wingback. He's also got a lot more to give than he did last season, so I'm not keen on selling unless we have a guarantee replacement already planned.

He looked an interesting players from few games at the start of last season. He offered much better offensively in those games compared to the rest of games he played in. He might need time to adapt to Serie A and I believe his performance were influenced by the tactical job he had to do. It can be seen from most of last games that he tried to give more security on the left side of the back. Hopefully he could deal with both of defensive and offensive duties a fullback has.

(08-06-2018, 09:44 AM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]When Conti will be back, he will have Caldara and Kessie next to him on the left, like if he never left Atalanta ... Big Grin

About RR, last season,we saw Roberto Rodriguez, his bro ... let's see what will happen with Ricardo !

Lol. It also means that we need to get rigt wing from Atalanta. It should make him more familiar with his left-sided team mates.  Devilol
(08-06-2018, 11:34 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]Leo is looking for a midfield of Pogba/ SMS calibre, with same payment like Higuain... pls recommend him a name guys Smile

You already wrote them mas bro. Pogba or SMS. Pretty easy.  Sagrin
(08-06-2018, 12:19 PM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]He looked an interesting players from few games at the start of last season. He offered much better offensively in those games compared to the rest of games he played in. He might need time to adapt to Serie A and I believe his performance were influenced by the tactical job he had to do. It can be seen from most of last games that he tried to give more security on the left side of the back. Hopefully he could deal with both of defensive and offensive duties a fullback has.

That's a good point, he actually looked pretty good early on in preseason and as the team's performance dropped so did his. Under Gattuso, I think he had to be more careful defensively and so was hesitant to push up more.

(08-06-2018, 12:18 PM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]He got tired of seeing Bonaventura and Calhanoglu always ahead of him whenever he go forward. We got no defensive mid so it's understandable that RR stay back more often.

I think you've got a point here, whereas Calabria had cover on the right when he pushed up, that wasn't really the case with RR. As said above, I do think he was more hesitant to push forward under Rino after some early issues when Rino first came in (where RR and Calabria would both push forward at the same time and leave the defence exposed).

edit: I'm starting to see Pogba's name getting linked too. wtf is going on!?
(08-06-2018, 12:19 PM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]You already wrote them mas bro. Pogba or SMS. Pretty easy.  Sagrin

Or some Mr X?

Alberto Aquilani terminated his contract at Las Palmas on July 24th after being relegated.

Yeah, we can joke about things like that now. It's ok.  Devilol
(08-06-2018, 12:41 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good point, he actually looked pretty good early on in preseason and as the team's performance dropped so did his. Under Gattuso, I think he had to be more careful defensively and so was hesitant to push up more.

I think you've got a point here, whereas Calabria had cover on the right when he pushed up, that wasn't really the case with RR. As said above, I do think he was more hesitant to push forward under Rino after some early issues when Rino first came in (where RR and Calabria would both push forward at the same time and leave the defence exposed).

edit: I'm starting to see Pogba's name getting linked too. wtf is going on!?

We really do miss a player like Gattuso in our mid. Gattuso, pirlo, seedorf.
Kalinic close to Atleti
or maybe we can make the new deschamp zidane partnership? that duo is marvellous
(08-06-2018, 02:36 PM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]We really do miss a player like Gattuso in our mid. Gattuso, pirlo, seedorf.

I'd say we miss players like all three of them... Read: World class.
Off-topic, but related to the vulture agent(s):

https://twitter.com/Ibra_official/status...5222853634

Devilol