AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-05-2018, 04:18 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't followed SMS much, I'll watch a few videos maybe it'll change my mind. I thought he was around 26/27 years old but just realized he's only 23. Could be a good move, but I feel 100m could open a lot of options for us and I'd study the market before offering that type of money for him. Then again, it's true that the market is very inflated and we've seen down the years buying Bertolacci, Biglia you can get close to 100m in spending and not have one quality midfielder to show for it. If he truly is as talented as everyone is saying he is, then I agree on the move. 

Rabiot is probably more of what we need in this team, but I enjoy watching Kovacic more. I would also take Rabiot ahead of Verratti at the moment. In my opinion, Verratti has really hit a plateau lately. I'm not sure if he's lacking the challenge, unmotivated or simply hit a lower ceiling than what we expected, but he hasn't impressed me lately.

There are also quality guarantees like Vidal who just went to Barca for 30mln euros. I feel as though we need to make moves to get into champions league & some quality experience is a necessity to do so. Once we're in champions league it'll be a lot easier to acquire top players both financially and they'll be more willing to come. I'd be going for Modric right now if he's truly open to leaving.

If we do buy Savic though, I just hope it works out that's all. Belotti could've been a 100m+ move for us last year, but we dodged a bullet. Same age, same hype. Belotti was on top of the world that season, I thought he was the next Sheva. All I'm saying is, we're not really in a position to spend a ton of money on a player that had one fantastic season, but if we do I'll still support him.

SMS already have 2 very good seasons at Lazio, definitely not 1 season wonder like Belotti. But of course there is always a risk when player switch clubs.
(08-04-2018, 08:52 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ] SMS last season was arguably the best player in Serie A and put in performances and posted numbers that haven't been seen by a midfielder in the league since Pogba at Juve (when he was arguably the best midfielder in the world).
Haven't you heard of a man called Miralem Pjanic ?
(08-05-2018, 09:45 AM)Pancaker Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't you heard of a man called Miralem Pjanic ?

Seriously ?
Pjanic is a very good player ... but he's never been and will never be the best player/midfielder of a season in one of the big championships. Not complete enough.
(08-05-2018, 10:26 AM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously ?
Pjanic is a very good player ... but he's never been and will never be the best player/midfielder of a season in one of the big championships. Not complete enough.

I do see your signature, so i'll leave seasons in juve aside. But Pjanic in last season in Roma had better stat line than SMS or Pogba ever had in serie A. Also he is much more disiplined than Pogba and has bigger impact on a game.
The SMS talk is €40m now €80m probably split in two payments.I understand those that say he isn't worth €120m or it could get 2 or 3 players.
Thing is we don't actually have that €120m to spend.Seems we have €40m now and he's the best we may get
(08-05-2018, 10:34 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]The SMS talk is €40m now €80m probably split in two payments.I understand those that say he isn't worth €120m or it could get 2 or 3 players.
Thing is we don't actually have that €120m to spend.Seems we have €40m now and he's the best we may get

Seems rather risky. Don't want another FFP scandal
(08-05-2018, 10:29 AM)Pancaker Wrote: [ -> ]I do see your signature, so i'll leave seasons in juve aside. But Pjanic in last season in Roma had better stat line than SMS or Pogba ever had in serie A. Also he is much more disiplined than Pogba and has bigger impact on a game.

Well, I don't rate Pogba so highly. He was excellent when Pirlo was in Juventus, but once Pirlo left, Pogba wasn't the same anymore. In Manchester, he's far from being at the top. He had a good WC but not sure he can shine if there is nobody dictating the game aside.

About my signature, it's an old one ... very old one. I should change that ! Ahah
(08-05-2018, 10:34 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]The SMS talk is €40m now €80m probably split in two payments.I understand those that say he isn't worth €120m or it could get 2 or 3 players.

I think that was the deal since the rumour started. If we have a plan that would work financially for us and for FFP then why not. It would be totally crazy if it happened.
Lorenzo Pellegrini also being linked now. Well, it's Tuttosport.
Kalinic to Atletico is still on. A transfer might happen as soon as Milan return from USA according to reports. Come on, make it happen!